choroid plexus papilloma
Summary: A usually benign neoplasm that arises from the cuboidal epithelium of the choroid plexus and takes the form of an enlarged CHOROID PLEXUS, which may be associated with oversecretion of CSF. The tumor usually presents in the first decade of life with signs of increased intracranial pressure including HEADACHES; ATAXIA; DIPLOPIA; and alterations of mental status. In children it is most common in the lateral ventricles and in adults it tends to arise in the fourth ventricle. Malignant transformation to choroid plexus carcinomas may rarely occur. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p667; DeVita et al., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, 5th ed, p2072)
Publications155 found, 100 shown here
- [Adult choroid plexus papilloma of the posterior fossa: extraventricular location]Tetsuryu Mitsuyama
Department of Neurosurgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University Daini Hospital, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 33:825-9. 2005..The pathological finding was CPP. CPP should be considered among calcified and enhanced masses in the lateral medullary to cerebellopontine angle space in adults, even if the main portion of the tumor is not located in the 4th ventricle...
- Prognostic implications of atypical histologic features in choroid plexus papillomaAstrid Jeibmann
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:1069-73. 2006..sole atypical histologic feature independently associated with recurrence, we propose to define atypical choroid plexus papilloma by mitotic activity (> or =2 mitoses per 10 high-power fields) corresponding to World Health Organization ..
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle: angiography, preoperative embolization, and histologyH M Do
Department of Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5105, USA
Neuroradiology 43:503-6. 2001We report a unique case of choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle in an 8-month-old girl in which preoperative embolization played a salient role in management. Initial surgery was aborted due to excessive bleeding...
- First report of occurrence of choroid plexus papilloma and medulloblastoma in the same patientSiddharth Banka
Department of Neurosurgery, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham, B4 6NH, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 23:587-9. 2007b>Choroid plexus papilloma is a benign epithelial brain tumour showing a striking predilection for infants and occurring most frequently in the lateral and fourth ventricles...
- Variations of disseminated choroid plexus papilloma: 2 case reports and a review of the literatureTodd McCall
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Surg Neurol 66:62-7; discussion 67-8. 2006..These tumors can metastasize anywhere along the neuraxis and may be intraventricular, subarachnoid, or intraparenchymal. We present 2 cases that illustrate the wide diversity with which choroid plexus papillomas can disseminate...
- Choroid plexus papilloma and Aicardi syndrome: case reportGeraldo Pianetti Filho
Faculty of Medicine, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte MG, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 60:1008-10. 2002A case of Aicardi syndrome associated with a choroid plexus papilloma of the third and both lateral ventricles in a 15 months old baby girl is repported. The tumor was completely removed via three craniotomies...
- Choroid plexus papilloma originating in the sella turcica--case reportTetsuro Sameshima
Abashiri Neurosurgical Hospital, Abashiri, Hokkaido
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:144-6. 2010A 51-year-old female presented with a rare case of choroid plexus papilloma originating in the sella turcica manifesting as headaches that was not readily distinguishable preoperatively from pituitary adenoma...
- Choroid plexus papilloma in the posterior cranial fossa: MR, CT, and angiographic findingsJ H Shin
Department of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388-1 Poongnap-dong, Songpa-ku, Seoul 138-736, South Korea
Clin Imaging 25:154-62. 2001..n=5), computed tomography (CT, n=3), and angiography (n=3) of six patients with pathologically confirmed choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) in the posterior cranial fossa...
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the posterior third ventricle during infancy & childhood: report of two cases with management morbiditiesS J Pawar
The National Neurosurgical Centre, Khoula Hospital, Post Box 90, Postal Code 116, Mina Al Fahal, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
Neurol India 51:379-82. 2003We report two cases of posterior third ventricular choroid plexus papilloma, one in an 8-month-old infant and another in a two-year-old child. These cases presented with features of obstructive hydrocephalus...
- Methylation of RASSF1A and TRAIL pathway-related genes is frequent in childhood intracranial ependymomas and benign choroid plexus papillomaMariana Bohns Michalowski
Centre d Innovation en Biologie, Département de Biologie Intégrée Pavillon B, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de la Tronche, Grenoble 38043, France
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 166:74-81. 2006..No prognostic biological markers are available, and differentiation from choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) is difficult...
- Papillomas and carcinomas of the choroid plexus: histological and immunohistochemical studies and comparison with normal fetal choroid plexusAna Silvia Carvalho de Menezes Barreto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 62:600-7. 2004..Choroid plexus tumors are rare. Results on immunohistochemical features are scanty and controversial even regarding normal plexus...
- A minimally invasive approach to deep-seated brain lesions using balloon dilatation and ultrasound guidanceR G Abraham
Department of Neurological Sciences, Section of Neurosurgery, Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore, India
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 46:138-41. 2003..The lesions were satisfactorily excised through the track created without removal of brain tissue. The accuracy of this minimally invasive technique can be enhanced when used in conjunction with intraoperative ultrasound guidance...
- Differentiation of choroid plexus tumors by advanced magnetic resonance spectroscopyMark D Krieger
Department of Neurological Surgery, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Neurosurg Focus 18:E4. 2005....
- Concomitant choroid plexus papillomas involving the third and fourth ventricles: A case report and review of the literatureAftab Karim
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, 1501 Kings Highway, PO Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:586-9. 2006..The primary treatment for CPP is surgical resection. Post-operative chemotherapy or radiation for CPP is of controversial benefit...
- Villous hypertrophy versus choroid plexus papilloma: a case report demonstrating a diagnostic role for the proliferation indexAnthony L D'Ambrosio
Department of Neurological Surgery, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Neurosurg 39:91-6. 2003..the fact that such lesions have interchangeably been termed 'villous hypertrophy' (VH) or 'bilateral choroid plexus papilloma' (CPP), little attention has been paid to the pathological distinctions that characterize these two ..
- Cytology of subependymomaJack Raisanen
Acta Cytol 47:518-20. 2003
- Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging: impact on brain tumor surgeryMichael Schulder
Department of Neurosurgery, New Jersey Medical School, Newark 07103, USA
Cancer Control 10:115-24. 2003..Refinements in the imaging of intracranial tumors assist neurosurgeons in maximizing resections in a safe manner. Intraoperative magnetic resonance imaging (iMRI) represents a recent addition to their therapeutic armamentaria...
- Choroid plexus hyperplasia and monosomy 1p36: report of new findingsSurasak Puvabanditsin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey, USA
J Child Neurol 23:922-5. 2008..This article reports new findings of choroid plexus hyperplasia and dextrocardia with situs solitus in a patient who had deletion of chromosome 1p26.33 with a brief review of the literature...
- Pineal region lesion masquerading choroid plexus papilloma: case reportStefan Nikolaus Kroppenstedt
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite, Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Surg Neurol 59:124-7; discussion 127. 2003..We report a patient with a posterior third ventricular CPP extending into the pineal that radiographically and clinically presented as a pineal region lesion...
- Cystic choroid plexus papilloma with multiple mural nodules in an infantParisa Emami-Naeini
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Medical Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Childs Nerv Syst 24:629-31. 2008..He had a history of increase in intracranial pressure because of an arachnoid cyst at the age of 2 months which was managed by cystoperitoneal shunting, but the symptoms were still progressive...
- Bilateral atypical choroid plexus papillomas in cerebellopontine angles mimicking neurofibromatosis 2Olivera Casar Borota
Acta Neuropathol 111:500-2. 2006
- Infant with unusually large choroid plexus papilloma undergoing emergency surgery. Case report with special emphasis on the surgical strategyT Picht
Department of Neurosurgery, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:116-21. 2006..This study describes a case of a 3-month-old infant with a choroid plexus papilloma measuring 7 x 8 x 6 cm originating in the right lateral ventricle...
- Diffuse craniospinal choroid plexus papilloma with involvement of both cerebellopontine anglesF Doglietto
Institute of Neurosurgery, Catholic University School of Medicine, 00168 Rome, Italy
Neurology 65:842. 2005
- Choroid plexus tumors: a review of 28-year experienceP Strojan
Department of Radiotherapy, Institute of Oncology, SI 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Neoplasma 51:306-12. 2004..In CPPs, the treatment of choice is surgery alone. After incomplete surgery, wait-and-see policy seems to be justified. For CPCs, adjuvant multiagent chemotherapy and craniospinal radiotherapy following surgery should be considered...
- Temporal lobe epilepsy caused by choroid plexus papilloma in the temporal hornJ H Phi
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Clin Neuropathol 23:95-8. 2004b>Choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) arising in the temporal horn is rare in adult population, and to the best of our knowledge, there has been no report of such a case with temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE)...
- Spinal deposits of a benign choroid plexus papillomaH Akil
West London Neuroscience Centre, Department of Neurosurgery, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
J Clin Neurosci 15:708-12. 2008..We report a rare case of a 74-year-old patient with a fourth ventricle CPP associated with diffuse spinal deposits. Radiological and histological findings are presented and the relevant literature is discussed...
- Choroid plexus papilloma associated with developmental delayAbhishek Agarwal
Unit of Pediatric Neurosurgety, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 71:763-6. 2004..A child presented to us with clinical features of delayed milestones, which was later diagnosed as a case of choroid plexus papilloma with hydrocephalus. He underwent complete excision of the tumour with gradual recovery of milestones.
- Detection of JC virus DNA sequences in brain tumors in pediatric patientsHiroaki Okamoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, Saga, Japan
J Neurosurg 102:294-8. 2005....
- Hydrocephalus due to cerebrospinal fluid overproduction by bilateral choroid plexus papillomasMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, 980 8574 Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 20:485-8. 2004..and thorough evaluation including the proximal portion of the lobular lesion near the attachment revealed choroid plexus papilloma. He was discharged after ventriculo-peritoneal shunting without additional neurological deficits except ..
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricle in the fetus. Case illustrationAkio Noguchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 100:224. 2004
- Giant choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricleA A Razzaq
Department of Surgery, Section of Neurosurgery, Aga Khan University Medical Centre, Karachi
J Pak Med Assoc 53:573-5. 2003
- No evidence of hSNF5/INI1 point mutations in choroid plexus papillomaW Mueller
Institute of Neuropathology, Charite, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 30:304-7. 2004..No alterations in migratory patterns were detected. These data indicate that somatic point mutations of hSNF5/INI1 do not play a role in the pathogenesis of CPP and that CPP and CPC may arise by two different molecular pathways...
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricleRajesh Acharya
Department of Neurosurgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 45:103-5. 2002..Histopathology of the resected mass revealed papillary structures lined by cuboidal cells confirming choroid plexus papilloma.
- Gamma knife radiosurgery for treatment resistant choroid plexus papillomasIn Young Kim
Department of Neurological Surgery, Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, Medical Center Presbyterian, University of Pittsburgh, 200 Lothrop Street, Suite B 400, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Neurooncol 90:105-10. 2008..To report the results of gamma knife radiosurgery (GKR) for treatment resistant choroid plexus papillomas...
- Telovelar approach to the fourth ventricle: operative findings and results in 16 casesK El-Bahy
Department of Neurosurgery, Ain Sham University, Cairo, Egypt
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 147:137-42; discussion 142. 2005..The impact of the pathological nature of the lesion on the degree of tumour removal is also discussed...
- Diffuse leptomeningeal seeding from benign choroid plexus papillomaM Ortega-Martinez
Services of Neurosurgery, Hospital Regional Universitario Infanta Cristina, Avda de Elvas s n, Badajoz, Spain
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 149:1229-36; discussion 1236-7. 2007..We report an unusual example of a fourth ventricle choroid plexus papilloma with diffuse leptomeningeal seeding...
- Evaluation of proliferative index and cell cycle protein expression in choroid plexus tumors in childrenCarlos G Carlotti
Division of Neurosurgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acta Neuropathol 103:1-10. 2002..Chemotherapy may work in part on CPCs to decrease their proliferative potential and expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins...
- Surgical treatment for choroid plexus tumors in the fourth ventricle: brain stem infiltration hinders total extirpationToshihiro Kumabe
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Neurosurg Rev 31:165-72; discussion 172. 2008..Total resection of choroid plexus tumors in the fourth ventricle is difficult because of invasion into the fourth ventricle floor. Adjuvant therapy for choroid plexus tumors with brain stem infiltration must be established...
- Choroid plexus papilloma expansion over 7 years in Aicardi syndromeRichard E Frye
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Child Neurol 22:484-7. 2007..study at 2 months of age demonstrated a right ventricular mass that was consistent with a unilateral choroid plexus papilloma. The mass enlarged over the next 7 years without causing any clinically apparent symptoms, ventricular ..
- Metastatic atypical choroid plexus papilloma: a case reportChristopher E G Uff
Department of Neurosurgery, Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead, London, UK
J Neurooncol 82:69-74. 2007..We review the current literature on metastatic CPP and discuss the role of surgery and adjuvant therapy in relation to both typical and atypical disease...
- Childhood choroid plexus papillomas: operative complicationsRaj Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery and Anaesthesia, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, UP, India
Childs Nerv Syst 21:138-43. 2005Eight children (below 12 years of age) operated on for intraventricular choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) were retrospectively reviewed to identify the factors responsible for their high postoperative morbidity and mortality...
- Synchronous endoscopy and microsurgery: a novel strategy to approach complex ventricular lesions. Report of three casesPankaj A Gore
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
J Neurosurg 105:485-9. 2006..with a hypothalamic hamartoma having a substantial cisternal component, and the remaining patient with a choroid plexus papilloma in the left lateral ventricle that extended from midbody to the temporal horn...
- Tumors in the temporal horn of the lateral ventricle as a cause of epilepsyAldo Iannelli
Institute of Neurosurgery, Paediatric Neurosurgery, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, Pisa, Italy
J Child Neurol 23:315-20. 2008..Histological examination led to a diagnosis of choroid plexus papilloma in 1 case and of neurocytoma in the other; in the third case, the nonextracted lesion was presumed to be ..
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the third ventricleChristopher Buckle
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medical College, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Pediatr Radiol 37:725. 2007
- Choroid plexus papillomas of the cerebellopontine angleRaj Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Neurol India 50:352-8. 2002The cerebellopontine angle (CPA) is a rare site for the growth of choroid plexus papilloma (CPP)...
- Aquaporin(s) expression in choroid plexus tumoursPierluigi Longatti
Neurosurgery Unit, Treviso Hospital, Treviso, Italy
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:228-33. 2006..Second, to infer a new view on the cerebrospinal fluid plexus production and on the etiology of the cysts and communicating hydrocephalus occasionally associated with choroid plexus papillomas...
- Diffuse arachnoidal enhancement of a well differentiated choroid plexus papillomaO Heese
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 144:723-8. 2002The case of a 38-year old man with a histologically benign choroid plexus papilloma arising within the fourth ventricle with en plaque growth around the brain stem and medulla is described in detail...
- Extraventricular choroid plexus papilloma in a neonateSamuel Stafrace
Radiology Department, Children s University Hospital, Temple Street, Dublin 1, Republic of Ireland
Pediatr Radiol 38:593. 2008
- Choroid plexus papilloma with neuropil-like islandsMartin Hasselblatt
Institute of Neuropathology, University Hospital Munster, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 32:162-6. 2008b>Choroid plexus papilloma may display unusual histologic features, but the presence of neuronal differentiation at the light microscopic level has not yet been described...
- Psammomatous choroid plexus papilloma: three cases with atypical characteristicsMartha Lilia Tena-Suck
Departament of Neuropathology, National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Mexico City, Mexico 14269
Surg Neurol 65:604-10. 2006..Although choroid plexus tumors account for 0.4% to 0.6% of all brain tumors, they represent 2% to 4%. Approximately 80% of choroid plexus carcinomas arise in children...
- Choroid plexus papillomas: a single institutional experienceSunil Krishnan
Division of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neurooncol 68:49-55. 2004..To determine the long-term outcome of resected choroid plexus papillomas (CPPs)...
- Presentation of a choroid plexus papilloma mimicking an extradural haematoma after a head injuryMary Murphy
Department of Neurosurgery, Atkinson Morley s Hospital, Copse Hill, Wimbledon, London, SW20 0NE, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 18:457-9. 2002..They usually present with subacute symptoms of raised intracranial pressure (ICP) commonly due to overproduction of CSF. Less common presentations include focal neurological deficits and epilepsy...
- Correlation of amino-acid uptake using methionine PET and histological classifications in various gliomasKenji Torii
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka City University, 1 4 3, Asahimachi, Abenoku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:677-83. 2005..If the degree of malignancy of brain tumors can be evaluated by MET-PET, the usefulness of MET-PET as a means of diagnosing brain tumors will increase...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in the evaluation of pediatric brain tumors, Part II: Clinical analysisS E Byrd
Department of Radiology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 88:717-23. 1996..4 medulloblastomas, 2 ependymomas, 3 craniopharyngiomas, 3 germinomas, 1 pineoblastoma, 2 teratomas, 1 choroid plexus papilloma, 4 meningiomas, 2 astroblastomas, 3 rhabdoids, and 5 metastases from primary brain neoplasms...
- Morphological pattern and frequency of intracranial tumours in childrenGhazala Hanif
Department of Pathology, King Edward Medical College, Lahore
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 14:150-2. 2004....
- Choroid plexus tumoursJ E A Wolff
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Alberta Children s Hospital, 1820 Richmond Road SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2T 5C7
Br J Cancer 87:1086-91. 2002..Treatment of choroid plexus tumours should start with radical surgical resection. This should be followed by adjuvant treatment in case of choroid plexus-carcinoma, and a "wait and see" approach in choroid plexus-papilloma...
- Unusual lesions of the cerebellopontine angle: a segmental approachF Bonneville
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital J Minjoz, Boulevard Fleming, 25000 Besancon, France
Radiographics 21:419-38. 2001..Finally, CPA lesions can be secondary to an exophytic brainstem or ventricular tumor (glioma, choroid plexus papilloma, lymphoma, hemangioblastoma, ependymoma, medulloblastoma, dysembryoplastic neuroepithelial tumor)...
- Papillary tumor of the spinal cord: report of 2 casesBret Mobley
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1191-7. 2009..features of these tumors are reminiscent of papillary tumor of the pineal region, ependymoma, and choroid plexus papilloma. The cases presented may constitute a new neoplastic entity within the recently described spectrum of ..
- From the archives of the AFIP. Cerebral intraventricular neoplasms: radiologic-pathologic correlationKelly K Koeller
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 22:1473-505. 2002..When a mass is centered on the choroid plexus, a highly vascular tumor-either choroid plexus papilloma, choroid plexus carcinoma, meningioma, or metastasis-should be suspected...
- Neuroendoscopic approach to intraventricular lesionsM R Gaab
Department of Neurosurgery, Ernst Moritz Arndt University, Greifswald, Germany
J Neurosurg 88:496-505. 1998..intermediate type), epidermoid cyst, pineal cyst, medulloblastoma, arteriovenous hemangioma, cavernoma, choroid plexus papilloma, pituitary adenoma, craniopharyngioma, melanoma, and germinoma...
- Choroid plexus tumors in children: significance of stromal invasionM L Levy
Division of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital of Los Angeles, California 90027, USA
Neurosurgery 48:303-9. 2001A group of choroid plexus tumors fit the cellular criteria for choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) except for invasion into the adjacent parenchyma, with associated loss of the normal villus architecture at the site of invasion...
- Chemotherapy improves the survival of patients with choroid plexus carcinoma: a meta-analysis of individual cases with choroid plexus tumorsBrigitte Wrede
Department of Pediatric Oncology, St Hedwig Children s Hospital, University of Regensburg, Steinmetzstr 1 3, Regensburg 93049, Germany
J Neurooncol 85:345-51. 2007..Choroid plexus carcinomas (CPC) are rare brain tumors with a dismal prognosis. Although the role of surgery has been well established, the question of whether chemotherapy improves the prognosis is still under discussion...
- Choroid plexus papilloma in a nigerian child: a case reportO B Bankole
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine University of Lagos, Lagos University Teaching Hospital, P M B 12003, Lagos Nigeria
Niger Postgrad Med J 17:233-6. 2010b>Choroid plexus papilloma is a rare but known cause of hydrocephalus among children. We report the case of an 8month old girl who clinically was thought to have post-infective Hydrocephalus...
- Metastasis of a histologically benign choroid plexus papilloma: case report and review of the literatureYe Jinhu
Department of Neuroradiology, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Tiantan xili street 10, Beijing 100050, China
J Neurooncol 83:47-52. 2007..of papillary ependymoma or CPP, to our surprise, final histological examination revealed a benign choroid plexus papilloma. One month after the first operation, a metastatic nodule was found in the spinal subarachnoidal space at ..
- Synchronous choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricle and ependymoma of the filum terminale: case reportRobert J Bollo
Department of Neurosurgery, New York University School of Medicine, NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Neurosurgery 67:E1454-9; discussion E1459. 2010We report the first case of synchronous choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricle and myxopapillary ependymoma of the filum terminale...
- Increased fluorine-18 2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose (FDG) uptake in childhood CNS tumors is correlated with malignancy grade: a study with FDG positron emission tomography/magnetic resonance imaging coregistration and image fusionLise Borgwardt
Positron Emission Tomography and Cyclotron Unit, Department of Clinical Physiology, Nuclear Medicine and Positron Emission Tomography, Rigshospitalet, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 23:3030-7. 2005..72; P < .01), as for the 26 histologically classified tumors (n = 26; r = 0.89; P < .01). The choroid plexus papilloma (n = 1) and the pilocytic astrocytomas (n = 3) had a mean index of 3.26 (n = 38; r = 0.57; P < .01)...
- Choroid plexus: biology and pathologyHartwig Wolburg
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Acta Neuropathol 119:75-88. 2010..Recent studies have provided new diagnostic markers and potential molecular targets for choroid plexus papilloma and carcinoma, which represent the most common brain tumors in the first year of life...
- The adult phenotype in Costello syndromeSusan M White
Genetic Health Services Victoria, Royal Children s Hospital, Australia
Am J Med Genet A 136:128-35. 2005..multiple ductal papillomata in two women, and a fourth ventricle mass in one man, thought to be a choroid plexus papilloma. Endocrine problems in this series were osteoporosis, central hypogonadism, and delayed puberty...
- Single photon emission tomography following posterior fossa surgery in patients with and without mutismYusuf Ersahin
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery and Department of Nuclear Medicine, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, P K 30, Karsiyaka, Izmir 35602, Turkey
Childs Nerv Syst 18:318-25. 2002..The patients were evaluated in terms of age, gender, preoperative and postoperative neurological and radiological findings, tumor size and location, vermian incision and histopathology...
- Surgical approach to the fourth ventricle cavity through the cerebellomedullary fissureAbdulvahap Gok
Department of Neurosurgery, Gaziantep University Medical Faculty, Gaziantep, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 27:50-4. 2004..epidermoid tumor, medulloblastoma, ependymoma, low grade astrocytoma, choroid plexus carcinoma, choroid plexus papilloma, adenocarcinoma in the pons, and cavernoma in the medulla...
- [Revised WHO classification of brain tumours]Yoichi Nakazato
Department of Human Pathology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Brain Nerve 60:59-77. 2008..Newly codified entities include atypical choroid plexus papilloma, angiocentric glioma, extraventricular neurocytoma, papillary glioneuronal tumour, rosette-forming ..
- Survival and late effects on development of patients with infantile brain tumorYuko Nomura
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, 45 1, 7 chome Nanakuma, Jonan ku, Fukuoka 814 0180, Japan
Pediatr Int 51:337-41. 2009..The aim of the present study was to retrospectively analyze the survival and outcome with regard to mental and physical development in 11 subjects with brain tumor; these tumors were diagnosed when the patients were under 1 year of age...
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the cerebellopontine angleMaliheh Khoddami
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 13:552-5. 2010The cerebellopontine angle is an extremely rare site for the growth of a choroid plexus papilloma. The clinicoradiological diagnosis of this tumor in the cerebellopontine angle is difficult because of its rarity in addition to a ..
- Two primary intracranial tumors of different histology: report of a case with a choroid plexus papilloma and a concurrent vestibular schwannoma in the cerebellopontine angleKyu Sung Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Kangnam P O Box 1217, Seoul 135 720, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:133-7. 2002..Histological examination confirmed that the first mass was a typical choroid plexus papilloma with fibrovascular core, and that the second was a schwannoma...
- Trigeminal neuralgia caused by a choroid plexus papilloma of the cerebellopontine angle: case report and review of the literatureD Z Jia
Department of Neurosurgery, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, China
J Int Med Res 38:289-92. 2010This report describes a 59-year old woman with a rare choroid plexus papilloma of the cerebellopontine angle presenting with trigeminal neuralgia...
- Choroid plexus papilloma presenting with cerebrospinal fluid rhinorrhea and otorrhea: case reportYusuke Kinoshita
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Brain and Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Tottori, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:930-3. 2010..presented with right rhinorrhea and right otorrhea manifesting as aural fullness for 2 years caused by a choroid plexus papilloma in the right cerebellomedullary cistern...
- [Choroid plexus carcinoma: a case report]K Abbes
Laboratoire d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologique, CHU Habib Bourguiba, route El Ain Km 0, 5, 3029 Sfax, Tunisie
Neurochirurgie 55:333-6. 2009..The differential diagnosis includes choroid plexus papilloma and papillary ependymoma. The prognosis is generally poor...
- Congenital tumors of the central nervous systemMariasavina Severino
Department of Neuroradiology, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Neuroradiology 52:531-48. 2010..Other tumors include astrocytomas, choroid plexus papilloma, primitive neuroectodermal tumors, atypical teratoid/rhabdoid tumors, and medulloblastomas...
- Ascites in ventriculoperitoneal shuntRaj Kumar
Department of Neurosurgery, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences and King George s Medical College, Lucknow, U P India
Indian J Pediatr 70:859-64. 2003..Four children developing ascites/abdominal psuedocyst following ventriculoperitoneal shunt were analyzed to see the factors responsible for such complication...
- Endolymphatic sac tumoursD A Luff
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, UK
J Laryngol Otol 116:398-401. 2002..In addition, we review a third case previously reported as a choroid plexus papilloma in which the histology has been re-assessed and the diagnosis changed to ELST...
- Congenital brain tumors in a series of seven patientsFarideh Nejat
Department of Neurosurgery, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Medical Sciences, Tehran University, Tehran, Iran
Pediatr Neurosurg 44:1-8. 2008..Congenital brain tumors are very rare. We review these tumors in patients younger than 2 months diagnosed in our Department...
- Investigations on a clinically and functionally unusual and novel germline p53 mutationJ Rutherford
Richard Dimbleby Department Cancer Research, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Br J Cancer 86:1592-6. 2002This report describes an individual with a rare choroid plexus papilloma in adulthood (age 29) after earlier having an osteosarcoma (age 22)...
- The role of gamma knife radiosurgery in childrenH G Eder
Department of Neurosurgery, Karl Franzens University, Auenbruggerplatz 29, 8036 Graz, Austria
Childs Nerv Syst 17:341-6; discussion 347. 2001..Gamma knife radiosurgery (GKRS), however, has improved the outcome of cerebral tumors and arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) in delicate areas...
- Atypical choroid plexus papilloma in an adultSung Ho Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyung Hee University School of Medicine, Kyung Hee University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Neurosurg Soc 46:74-6. 2009We present an extremely rare case of the atypical choroid plexus papilloma in an adult which developed at the trigone of right lateral ventricle...
- [Intraventricular fibrous tumor: a case report]M Boada
Servicio de Radiologia, Institut de Diagnòstic per la Imatge IDI, Hospital Universitario Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Espana
Radiologia 51:512-5. 2009..that can affect the ventricular system such as meningioma, high grade glioma, metastasis, subependymoma, choroid plexus papilloma, ependymoma, subependymal giant cell astrocytoma, and neurocytoma...
- First report of the simultaneous occurrence of choroid plexus papilloma and meningioma in a dogLuciano Espino
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Rof Codina Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, 22702 Lugo, Spain
Acta Vet Hung 57:389-97. 2009..To the best of the authors' knowledge, the association of meningioma and choroid plexus papilloma has never been reported either in the human or in the veterinary medical literature.
- [Choroid plexus tumours: cytogenetic analysis of a single case and literature review]A Farnedi
Dipartimento di Scienze Oncologiche, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica M Malpighi, Universith di Bologna, Ospedale Bellaria, Bologna
Pathologica 99:424-7. 2007..The present paper describes a case of choroid plexus papilloma in an adult woman; cytogenetic analysis of the lesion is also presented, which demonstrated the presence ..
- Spinal drop metastasis from a posterior fossa choroid plexus papillomaSoon Seob Ahn
Department of Neurosurgery, Daegu Catholic University, School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
J Korean Neurosurg Soc 42:475-7. 2007..We consider that CPP can spread via cerebrospinal fluid pathways and cause spinal drop metastasis. Therefore, it is necessary to evaluate the whole spinal axis and to perform periodic follow-up examinations in patients with CPP...
- Childhood dermatomyositis associated with intracranial tumor and liver cystsNina Barisic
Department of Pediatrics, Clinical Medical Center Zagreb, Rebro, Kispaticeva 12, Zagreb, Croatia
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 11:76-80. 2007We present a girl with dermatomyositis, liver cysts and choroid plexus papilloma who was treated and followed for 7 years...
- Effects of catecholamine and serotonin in central nervous system in newborn mice with special reference to neural crest cells; presumptive evidence of neural crest originA T Nozue
Department of Anatomy, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
Anat Anz 173:147-53. 1991Catecholamine and serotonin injected i.p. to new-born mice caused gliomas, ependymomas and choroid plexus papilloma together with multiple APUDomas within 48 hours after injection...
- Recurrence of fourth ventricular choroid plexus papilloma with late occurrence of a spinal drop metastasisChristopher Palmer
Department of Neurosurgery, James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough TS4 3BW, UK
Br J Neurosurg 24:482-4. 2010..Spinal metastasis has been reported infrequently and only once many years since the initial diagnosis. This is the first reported case of late recurrence, metastasis and transformation of a benign to an atypical lesion...
- Choroid plexus tumor in a childM A St John
Department of Pediatrics, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Barbados, West Indies
J Natl Med Assoc 84:888-91. 1992A 5-month-old infant is reported who presented with fever, nonspecific symptoms, a rapidly enlarging head, and a regression in motor development. Investigations subsequently confirmed the diagnosis of a choroid plexus papilloma.
- Bilateral choroid plexus hyperplasia: a case report and management strategiesDaniel T Warren
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Childs Nerv Syst 25:1617-22. 2009..The surgical management of this condition is not as clearly defined as in the case of a choroid plexus papilloma or carcinoma.
- Preoperative embolization of choroid plexus papilloma with Onyx via the anterior choroidal artery: technical noteFelipe Padovani Trivelato
Division of Interventional Neuroradiology, Hospital Felicio Rocho, Rua Timbiras 3616, Barro Preto, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil CEP 30140 062
Childs Nerv Syst 28:1955-8. 2012..Preoperative embolization for intracranial tumors has been widely used in an attempt to reduce blood loss, but rarely with choroid plexus tumors...
- Choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricle in a septuagenarianAlok A Umredkar
Department of Neurosurgery, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Neurosci Rural Pract 3:402-4. 2012..A very few cases are reported in geriatric population. We present a case of 72-year-old man with posterior fossa lesion operated with provisional diagnosis of metastasis, but turn out to be CPP...
- Human choroid plexus papilloma cells efficiently transport glucose and vitamin CViviana Ulloa
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Center for Advanced Microscopy, CMA Bio Bio, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
J Neurochem 127:403-14. 2013..In this study, the contribution of SVCT2 and GLUT1 to vitamin C uptake in human choroid plexus papilloma (HCPP) cells in culture was examined...
- Combined staged endoscopic and microsurgical approach of a third ventricular choroid plexus papilloma in an infantD Reddy
Division of Neurosurgery, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Minim Invasive Neurosurg 54:264-7. 2011..Choroid plexus papillomas of the third ventricle in newborn infants are quite rare and present a significant surgical challenge. This case report illustrates the utility of endoscopy in facilitating tumor resection...
- Choroid plexus tumors in pediatric patientsHideki Ogiwara
Division of Neurosurgery, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
Br J Neurosurg 26:32-7. 2012..The authors present their experience in the management of these lesions, and a review of the literature is performed...
- Treatment of cerebellar cognitive affective syndrome with aripiprazoleJennifer L Yap
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Pediatr Rehabil Med 5:233-8. 2012..visual hallucinations, inappropriate verbal outbursts, and impaired memory following resection of a choroid plexus papilloma. No medical, neurologic, or metabolic disorders unrelated to the surgery were identified...
- Ossified choroid plexus papilloma of the fourth ventricle: elucidation of the mechanism of osteogenesis in benign brain tumorsSunil Manjila
Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 12:13-20. 2013..The authors report a case of ossified choroid plexus papilloma (CPP) and analyze it to help elucidate the underlying molecular basis of osteogenesis in benign brain ..
- E-Cadherin in human brain tumours: loss of immunoreactivity in malignant meningiomasK Schwechheimer
Institut für Neuropathologie, Universität Gesamthochschule, Essen, Germany
Virchows Arch 432:163-7. 1998..III (n = 14), glioblastoma WHO IV (n = 8), oligodendroglioma WHO II (n = 5), ependymoma WHO II (n = 5), choroid plexus papilloma WHO I (n = 5), pineoblastoma WHO IV (n = 5), medulloblastoma WHO IV (n = 5), neurinoma WHO I (n = 5), ..
- Modeling the effects of INK4 alpha ARF loss on gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- The Role of Signaling Pathways in Brain Tumors in MiceEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant proposes to use mouse models medulloblastomas and gliomas to understand the biology of stem cells in these tumors and their response to therapy. ..
- Tumor Microenvironment Interactions in Brain TumorsEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will systematically determine if SHH activation is part of a normal response to injury and if the alterations found in human gliomas that are known to induce gliomas in mice alter this effect. ..
- Requirements for generation and maintenance of gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this grant we will address these questions using the RCAS/tv-a mouse modeling system for Ras + Akt-induced gliomas. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pre-Clinical Trials of GEM Models for GliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Requirements for generation and maintenance of gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2006..In this grant we will address these questions using the RCAS/tv-a mouse modeling system for Ras + Akt-induced gliomas. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pre-Clinical Trials of GEM Models for GliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Requirements for generation and maintenance of gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2005..In this grant we will address these questions using the RCAS/tv-a mouse modeling system for Ras + Akt-induced gliomas. ..
- Pre-Clinical Trials of GEM Models for GliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Requirements for generation and maintenance of gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this grant we will address these questions using the RCAS/tv-a mouse modeling system for Ras + Akt-induced gliomas. ..
- Pre-Clinical Trials of GEM Models for GliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling the effects of INK4 alpha ARF loss on gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Requirements for generation and maintenance of gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2003..In this grant we will address these questions using the RCAS/tv-a mouse modeling system for Ras + Akt-induced gliomas. ..
- Pre-Clinical Trials of GEM Models for GliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Modeling the effects of INK4 alpha ARF loss on gliomasEric Holland; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Role of Signaling Pathways in Brain Tumors in MiceEric C Holland; Fiscal Year: 2010..This grant proposes to use mouse models medulloblastomas and gliomas to understand the biology of stem cells in these tumors and their response to therapy. ..