Genomes and Genes
Summary: Remnant of a tumor or cancer after primary, potentially curative therapy. (Dr. Daniel Masys, written communication)
Publications327 found, 100 shown here
- Analysis of minimal residual disease by Ig/TCR gene rearrangements: guidelines for interpretation of real-time quantitative PCR dataV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 21:604-11. 2007..Furthermore, the ESG-MRD-ALL guidelines will facilitate the comparison of MRD data obtained in different treatment protocols, including those with new drugs...
- Quantitative assessment of minimal residual disease in acute myeloid leukemia carrying nucleophosmin (NPM1) gene mutationsP Gorello
Institute of Hematology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Leukemia 20:1103-8. 2006..Thus, reliable, sensitive RQ-PCR assays for NPM1 mutations can now monitor and quantify MRD in AML patients with normal karyotype and NPM1 gene mutations...
- Accuracy of physical examination, ultrasonography, and mammography in predicting residual pathologic tumor size in patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyAnees B Chagpar
Department of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Ann Surg 243:257-64. 2006..To assess the accuracy of physical examination, ultrasonography, and mammography in predicting residual size of breast tumors following neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Genes contributing to minimal residual disease in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: prognostic significance of CASP8AP2Christian Flotho
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 108:1050-7. 2006..Therefore, this gene is a strong candidate for inclusion in gene expression arrays specifically designed for leukemia diagnosis...
- American Joint Committee on Cancer tumor-node-metastasis stage after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and breast cancer outcomeLisa A Carey
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7305, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1137-42. 2005....
- MRI accuracy in residual disease evaluation in breast cancer patients treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapyP Belli
Departments of Bio Imaging and Radiological Sciences, Institute of Hygiene Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Clin Radiol 61:946-53. 2006..To assess the accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in evaluating residual disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy in patients with large breast cancers...
- Circulating tumor cells in patients with breast cancer dormancySongdong Meng
Cancer Immunobiology Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8576, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:8152-62. 2004....
- Design and standardization of PCR primers and protocols for detection of clonal immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor gene recombinations in suspect lymphoproliferations: report of the BIOMED-2 Concerted Action BMH4-CT98-3936J J M van Dongen
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:2257-317. 2003..The BIOMED-2 multiplex tubes can now be used for diagnostic clonality studies as well as for the identification of PCR targets suitable for the detection of minimal residual disease...
- Modern diagnostics in acute leukemiasTorsten Haferlach
Laboratory for Leukemia Diagnostics, Medical Department III, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistreet 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 56:223-34. 2005..The results serve as a mandatory prerequisite for individual treatment strategies and for the evaluation of treatment response using especially newly defined and highly specific MRD markers...
- Clinical implications of PRAME gene expression in childhood acute myeloid leukemiaDaniel Steinbach
University Children s Hospital, Jena, Germany
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 133:118-23. 2002..Our results suggest that the expression of PRAME is an indicator of favorable prognosis and could be a useful tool for monitoring minimal residual disease in childhood AML...
- Predictors of reexcision findings and recurrence after breast conservationMelanie C Smitt
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:979-85. 2003..To identify predictors of reexcision findings and local recurrence in the setting of breast-conserving therapy with radiation...
- Accuracy of MR imaging for revealing residual breast cancer in patients who have undergone neoadjuvant chemotherapySavannah C Partridge
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Magnetic Resonance Science Center, 1 Irving St, Rm AC 109, San Francisco, CA 94143 1290, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1193-9. 2002..Tumor sizes measured on the MR images and at the clinical examination were compared with the size of residual disease measured at pathology after surgery...
- Preoperative therapy in invasive breast cancer: pathologic assessment and systemic therapy issues in operable diseaseJulie R Gralow
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Department of Medicine, 825 Eastlake Ave, EMS G3 200, Seattle, WA 98109 1023, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:814-9. 2008..To review the state of the science with respect to preoperative systemic therapy and pathologic assessment in operable breast cancer...
- Genome-wide interrogation of germline genetic variation associated with treatment response in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaJun J Yang
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
JAMA 301:393-403. 2009..Pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is the prototype for a drug-responsive malignancy. Although cure rates exceed 80%, considerable unexplained interindividual variability exists in treatment response...
- Quantitative monitoring of the PRAME gene for the detection of minimal residual disease in leukaemiaM Matsushita
Division of Cellular Signalling, Institute for Advanced Medical Research, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Br J Haematol 112:916-26. 2001....
- Expression patterns of WT1 and PRAME in acute myeloid leukemia patients and their usefulness for monitoring minimal residual diseaseYazhen Qin
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Peking University Institute of Hematology, Peking University People s Hospital, 11 Xi Zhi Men South Street, Beijing 100044, People s Republic of China
Leuk Res 33:384-90. 2009..Moreover, it might also avoid false negativity in the case of expression alteration...
- Prognostic value of positron emission tomography (PET) with fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose ([18F]FDG) after first-line chemotherapy in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: is [18F]FDG-PET a valid alternative to conventional diagnostic methods?K Spaepen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg and Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 19:414-9. 2001..In this study, we evaluated the value of PET in detecting residual disease and, hence, predicting relapse after first-line treatment in patients with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)...
- A simplified flow cytometric assay identifies children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia who have a superior clinical outcomeElaine Coustan-Smith
Department of Hematology Oncology, and International Outreach Progrm, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Blood 108:97-102. 2006..Thus, this new assay would enable most treatment centers to identify a high proportion of children with ALL who have an excellent early treatment response and a high likelihood of cure...
- 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography for post-treatment evaluation of malignant lymphoma: a systematic reviewJosee M Zijlstra
Department of Hematology, VU University Medical Center, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Haematologica 91:522-9. 2006..FDG-PET showed reasonable sensitivity and high specificity for evaluation of first-line therapy in Hodgkin's and in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Standardization of procedures is required before implementation in clinical practice...
- Alemtuzumab as treatment for residual disease after chemotherapy in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSusan M O'Brien
Department of Leukemia, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 98:2657-63. 2003..The objective of this study was to investigate the efficacy and safety of alemtuzumab, the humanized anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody, in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia and residual disease after chemotherapy...
- Standardisation of operating procedures for the detection of minimal disease by QRT-PCR in children with neuroblastoma: quality assurance on behalf of SIOPEN-R-NETVirginie F Viprey
Children s Cancer Research Laboratory, Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Eur J Cancer 43:341-50. 2007..A robust, transferable, objective method for the detection of NB cells by QRT-PCR has been defined to improve the power and consistency of studies on MRD in children with NB...
- Minimal residual disease-directed risk stratification using real-time quantitative PCR analysis of immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor gene rearrangements in the international multicenter trial AIEOP-BFM ALL 2000 for childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaT Flohr
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Leukemia 22:771-82. 2008..In conclusion, MRD-PCR-based stratification using stringent criteria is feasible in almost 80% of patients in an international multicenter trial...
- Detecting minimal residual disease in neuroblastoma patients-the present state of the artKlaus Beiske
Department of Pathology, Rikshospitalet, Sognsvannsveien 23, N 0027 Oslo, Norway
Cancer Lett 228:229-40. 2005....
- Minimal residual disease (MRD) analysis in the non-MRD-based ALL IC-BFM 2002 protocol for childhood ALL: is it possible to avoid MRD testing?E Fronkova
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, CLIP, Second Medical School, Charles University and University Hospital Motol, Prague, Czech Republic
Leukemia 22:989-97. 2008..Our findings revealed that morphology-based ALL IC risk-group stratification allows the identification of most MRD high-risk patients, but fails to discriminate the MRD low-risk group assigned to therapy reduction...
- Minimal residual disease at the time of peripheral blood stem cell harvest in patients with advanced neuroblastomaS A Burchill
Candlelighter s Children s Cancer Research Laboratory, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
Med Pediatr Oncol 36:213-9. 2001..In this study the frequency of tumour contamination in PB from children with neuroblastoma has been investigated...
- Can positron emission tomography with [(18)F]-fluorodeoxyglucose after first-line treatment distinguish Hodgkin's disease patients who need additional therapy from others in whom additional therapy would mean avoidable toxicity?K Spaepen
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University Hospital Gasthuisberg and Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Br J Haematol 115:272-8. 2001..Two-year actuarial PFS rate for negative patients was 91% compared with 0% for positive patients. We concluded that [(18)F]-FDG-PET has an important prognostic role in the post-treatment evaluation of HD patients...
- Combination chemoimmunotherapy with pentostatin, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab shows significant clinical activity with low accompanying toxicity in previously untreated B chronic lymphocytic leukemiaNeil E Kay
Mayo Clinic, Stabile 628, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, and The Ohio State University, Columbus, USA
Blood 109:405-11. 2007....
- International standardized approach for flow cytometric residual disease monitoring in chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaA C Rawstron
HMDS, Leeds Teaching Hospitals, Leeds, UK
Leukemia 21:956-64. 2007..These techniques may be used as a tool for assessing response and comparing the efficacy of different therapeutic approaches...
- Useful markers for detecting minimal residual disease in cases of neuroblastomaSusumu Ootsuka
Research Unit of Clinical Medicine, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 31:1071-4. 2008..We concluded that TH is a better marker before the diagnosis of NB while PGP9.5 is a better marker to detect MRD after the diagnosis. Here, we describe our results on useful markers to detect MRD in patients with NB...
- Tumor dormancy and cancer stem cells: implications for the biology and treatment of breast cancer metastasisAlison L Allan
London Regional Cancer Program, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Breast Dis 26:87-98. 2006....
- Detection of minimal residual disease in hematologic malignancies by real-time quantitative PCR: principles, approaches, and laboratory aspectsV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, Rotterdam 3015 GE, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:1013-34. 2003..These networks also include standardization of technology as well as regular quality control rounds, both being essential for the introduction of RQ-PCR-based MRD detection in multicenter clinical treatment protocols...
- Alemtuzumab as consolidation after a response to fludarabine is effective in purging residual disease in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaMarco Montillo
Department of Hematology, Laboratory of Flow Cytometry, Transfusion Medicine Service, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milano, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:2337-42. 2006..Subsequent peripheral blood stem-cell (PBSC) collection and transplantation, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics also were assessed...
- Detection of minimal residual disease in a patient having acute myelogenous leukemia with t(16;21)(p11;q22) treated by allogeneic bone marrow transplantationY Okoshi
Division of Hematology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-8575, Japan
Acta Haematol 105:45-8. 2001....
- Cyclin D1, a novel molecular marker of minimal residual disease, in metastatic neuroblastomaIrene Y Cheung
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Mol Diagn 9:237-41. 2007..We conclude that CCND1 has potential clinical utility as a novel molecular marker of MRD in the bone marrow of patients with metastatic NB...
- Mutated p53 as a molecular marker for the diagnosis of head and neck cancerViola M M van Houten
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 198:476-86. 2002..Molecular assessment of surgical margins using p53 mutations enables the selection of HNSCC patients at high risk for tumour recurrence, but tumour RNA seems at present to be a more specific biomolecule for analysis than tumour DNA...
- Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and mitoxantrone as initial therapy of chronic lymphocytic leukemia: high response rate and disease eradicationFrancesc Bosch
Department of Haematology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Cancer Res 14:155-61. 2008..Fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and mitoxantrone (FCM) results in a high response rate in previously treated patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). The aim of this study was to investigate FCM as frontline therapy in CLL...
- Validity of predictions of residual retroperitoneal mass histology in nonseminomatous testicular cancerE W Steyerberg
Department of Medical Oncology, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 16:269-74. 1998..To validate predictions of the histology (necrosis, mature teratoma, or cancer) of residual retroperitoneal masses in patients treated with chemotherapy for metastatic nonseminomatous testicular germ cell tumor...
- Molecular diagnosis of surgical margins and local recurrence in head and neck cancer patients: a prospective studyViola M M van Houten
Departments of Otolaryngology Head Neck Surgery, Pathology, and Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 10:3614-20. 2004..We have investigated whether TP53-mutated DNA in the surgical margins is suitable to identify patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma at risk for local and locoregional recurrence...
- Eradication of minimal residual disease in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia after alemtuzumab therapy is associated with prolonged survivalPaul Moreton
Leeds Teaching Hospitals, NHS Trust, Great George St, Leeds, LS1 3EX United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:2971-9. 2005..To test whether eradication of minimal residual disease (MRD) in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) by alemtuzumab is associated with a prolongation of treatment-free and overall survival...
- Multimarker RT-PCR assay for the detection of minimal residual disease in sentinel lymph nodes of breast cancer patientsA Nissan
Department of Surgery and Surgical Oncology Laboratory, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Mount Scopus, PO Box 24035, Jerusalem, Israel
Br J Cancer 94:681-5. 2006..This method may prove to be of value in breast cancer staging and prognosis evaluation...
- Monitoring treatment response of childhood precursor B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in the AIEOP-BFM-ALL 2000 protocol with multiparameter flow cytometry: predictive impact of early blast reduction on the remission status after inductionR Ratei
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Robert Roessle Clinic at HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Charite Campus Buch, Germany
Leukemia 23:528-34. 2009..8%. These data show that the quantitative assessment of early response parameters, especially absolute BCs at day 15 in BM, has a predictive impact on the remission status after induction therapy...
- Consolidation with alemtuzumab in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) in first remission--experience on safety and efficacy within a randomized multicenter phase III trial of the German CLL Study Group (GCLLSG)C M Wendtner
Klinikum Grosshadern, Medical Clinic III, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Leukemia 18:1093-101. 2004..7 months; P=0.036). In conclusion, a consolidation therapy with alemtuzumab is able to achieve molecular remissions and longer survival in CLL, but a safe treatment regimen needs to be determined...
- Prognostic significance of minimal residual disease in infants with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated within the Interfant-99 protocolV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 23:1073-9. 2009..These data indicate that MRD diagnostics has added value for recognition of risk groups in infant ALL and that MRD diagnostics can be used for treatment intervention in infant ALL as well...
- Accuracy of MRI in the detection of residual breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapyEric L Rosen
Department of Radiology, Breast Imaging Division, Box 3808, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:1275-82. 2003..This study was undertaken to evaluate the ability of MRI to accurately show residual primary breast malignancy in women treated with neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- Quantitation of GD2 synthase mRNA by real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction: clinical utility in evaluating adjuvant therapy in neuroblastomaIrene Y Cheung
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:1087-93. 2003..Because therapy (myeloablation, immunotherapy, or differentiation) for MRD is applied at the time of clinical remission, objective surrogate markers are needed to gauge treatment efficacy...
- Standardization of the immunocytochemical detection of neuroblastoma cells in bone marrowKatrien Swerts
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
J Histochem Cytochem 53:1433-40. 2005..This method is an indispensable tool for multicenter studies evaluating the clinical significance of minimal residual disease in neuroblastoma...
- Pilot study to evaluate MYCN expression as a neuroblastoma cell marker to detect minimal residual disease by RT-PCRLars M Wagner
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:635-41. 2006..The selective expression of MYCN in tumor cells, and the sensitivity of detection of MYCN by RT-PCR noted in this and other studies, supports further evaluation of MYCN as a NB marker for molecular detection of minimal residual disease...
- Lacking immunocytological GD2 expression in neuroblastoma: report of 3 casesRoswitha Schumacher-Kuckelkorn
Childrens Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology and Hematology, University of Cologne, Germany
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:195-201. 2005..Neuroblastoma cells may lack GD2 expression at diagnosis and at recurrence. This observation has diagnostic and therapeutic implications...
- A preclinical model of minimal residual cancer in the muscle highlights challenges associated with adenovirus-mediated p53 gene transferRoth Oakley
Maxillofacial Surgery Oncology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 8RX, UK
Clin Cancer Res 8:1984-94. 2002..c. tumor models in nude mice, but it is anticipated that transduction of tumor cells in the muscle in immune-competent hosts may be more difficult...
- Potential application of ELAVL4 real-time quantitative reverse transcription-PCR for detection of disseminated neuroblastoma cellsKatrien Swerts
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Clin Chem 52:438-45. 2006..Standard cytomorphologic examination of BM aspirates is sensitive enough to detect single tumor cells. Consequently, more sensitive and specific detection methods are indispensable...
- Detection of bone marrow micrometastasis and microcirculating disease in rhabdomyosarcoma by a real-time RT-PCR assaySoledad Gallego
Pediatric Oncology Unit, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 132:356-62. 2006..To assess if molecular detection of minimal disseminated disease by real-time reverse transcription and polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) could contribute to a better treatment stratification in patients with rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS)...
- Disease outcome may be predicted by molecular detection of minimal residual disease in bone marrow in advanced neuroblastoma: a pilot studyM Fukuda
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:10-3. 2001..There was a statistically significant difference in disease-free survival between the two groups (P < 0.05). CONCLUSION: Persistence of MRD in BM may predict poor prognosis in advanced neuroblastoma...
- Use of reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction for diagnosis and staging of alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, Ewing sarcoma family of tumors, and desmoplastic small round cell tumorU H Athale
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 23:99-104. 2001..However, the clinical significance of molecularly-detectable disease remains unknown. Further studies should aim to elucidate the therapeutic and prognostic implications of micrometastases detected by RT-PCR alone...
- Usefulness of tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA for diagnosis and detection of minimal residual disease in neuroblastomaRie Ito
Clinical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Narashinodai, Funabashi, Chiba, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 27:315-8. 2004..Therefore, we can use this method to detect tumor cell contamination before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation...
- Outcome prediction by molecular detection of minimal residual disease in bone marrow for advanced neuroblastomaK Horibe
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Med Pediatr Oncol 36:203-4. 2001..We have determined whether sequential molecular detection of minimal residual disease (MRD) in bone marrow (BM) could predict the outcome of patients with advanced neuroblastoma (NB)...
- Contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging underestimates residual disease following neoadjuvant docetaxel based chemotherapy for breast cancerF Denis
Clinique d Oncologie Radiothérapie, Tours, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:1069-76. 2004..We prospectively compared the ability of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to measure residual breast cancer in patients treated with different neoadjuvant chemotherapy regimen...
- Minimal disease monitoring by QRT-PCR: guidelines for identification and systematic validation of molecular markers prior to evaluation in prospective clinical trialsV F Viprey
Candlelighter s Children s Cancer Research Group, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, Section of Experimental Oncology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
J Pathol 216:245-52. 2008..This same strategy could be exploited to select MD markers of other solid tumours from the large number of potential targets identified by microarray gene expression profiles...
- Exploiting gene expression profiling to identify novel minimal residual disease markers of neuroblastomaIrene Y Cheung
Department of Pediatrics and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10065, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:7020-7. 2008..Because of tumor heterogeneity, no single marker will likely be adequate. Genome-wide expression profiling can uncover potential MRD markers differentially expressed in tumors over normal marrow/blood...
- Differential expression of 9-O-acetylated sialoglycoconjugates on leukemic blasts: a potential tool for long-term monitoring of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaSantanu Pal
Immunobiology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata, India
Int J Cancer 111:270-7. 2004..We propose that close monitoring of 90 and 120 kDa 9-O-AcSGs may serve as a reliable index for long-term management of childhood ALL and merits therapeutic consideration...
- 'Vanishing' prostate cancer in radical prostatectomy specimens: incidence and long-term follow-up in 38 casesDavid G Bostwick
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
BJU Int 94:57-8. 2004..To determine the incidence and long-term follow-up of the 'vanishing cancer' phenomenon, as complete sampling of some radical prostatectomy (RP) specimens reveals no residual cancer...
- TCRB gene rearrangements in childhood and adult precursor-B-ALL: frequency, applicability as MRD-PCR target, and stability between diagnosis and relapseV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 18:1971-80. 2004....
- Little or no residual prostate cancer at radical prostatectomy: vanishing cancer or switched specimen?: a microsatellite analysis of specimen identityDengfeng Cao
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:467-73. 2005..However, specimen switch can rarely occur, and if there is high grade or a lot of cancer on the biopsy with no or very minimal cancer in the radical prostatectomy specimen, one should evaluate for patient identity...
- VX2 carcinoma in rabbits after radiofrequency ablation: comparison of MR contrast agents for help in differentiating benign periablational enhancement from residual tumorTae Jung Kim
Department of Radiology and Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiology 234:423-30. 2005....
- Minimal residual disease based on patient specific Flt3-ITD and -ITT mutations in acute myeloid leukemiaSebastian Scholl
Department of Internal Medicine II Oncology and Hematology, Friedrich Schiller University, Erlanger Allee 101, 07740 Jena, Germany
Leuk Res 29:849-53. 2005..One of these patients relapsed with a switch of FAB subtype including loss of Flt3-ITD mutation. Furthermore, in one patient we could identify a Flt3-ITT (internal tandem triplication mutation)...
- Vdelta2-Jalpha rearrangements are frequent in precursor-B-acute lymphoblastic leukemia but rare in normal lymphoid cellsTomasz Szczepanski
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 103:3798-804. 2004....
- Age-related patterns of immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor gene rearrangements in precursor-B-ALL: implications for detection of minimal residual diseaseV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 17:1834-44. 2003....
- Clonality profile in relapsed precursor-B-ALL children by GeneScan and sequencing analyses. Consequences on minimal residual disease monitoringG Germano
Laboratorio di Emato Oncologia, Dipartimento di Pediatria, Universita di Padova, Italy
Leukemia 17:1573-82. 2003....
- Determination of minimal residual disease in leukaemia patientsDario Campana
Departments of Hematology Oncology and Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN, USA
Br J Haematol 121:823-38. 2003
- Residual ductal carcinoma in situ in patients with complete eradication of invasive breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy does not adversely affect patient outcomeChafika Mazouni
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77230 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2650-5. 2007..To determine whether residual ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) after completion of preoperative chemotherapy affects the outcome of patients with histologically defined complete eradication of invasive cancer...
- Expression, epigenetic regulation, and humoral immunogenicity of cancer-testis antigens in chronic myeloid leukemiaTim Luetkens
Department of Oncology and Hematology, Center of Oncology, Hamburg, Germany
Leuk Res 34:1647-55. 2010..However, a broad picture of the expression of CT antigens and associated humoral immune responses in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) is still missing...
- Autologous transplantation for diffuse aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in patients never achieving remission: a report from the Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant RegistryJ M Vose
Lymphoma Working Committee of the Autologous Blood and Marrow Transplant Registry, Health Policy Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:406-13. 2001....
- Association of clinical and pathologic variables with lumpectomy surgical margin status after preoperative diagnosis or excisional biopsy of invasive breast cancerMelanie C Smitt
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, 875 Blake Wilbur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1040-4. 2007..To evaluate the impact of preoperative diagnosis in obtaining negative lumpectomy margins...
- ERalpha-status of disseminated tumour cells in bone marrow of primary breast cancer patientsTanja Fehm
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tuebingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res 10:R76. 2008..Of particular interest is their oestrogen-receptor (ER) status because endocrine adjuvant therapy remains a cornerstone of breast cancer treatment...
- Ig and TCR gene rearrangements in childhood ALL is there ethnic and socio-economic diversity of rearrangement patterns?Carlos Alberto Scrideli
Leuk Res 30:1065-6. 2006
- Detection of cytokeratin-positive cells in the bone marrow of breast cancer patients undergoing adjuvant therapySven Becker
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 97:91-6. 2006..020). Adjuvant treatment regimens are not able to completely eliminate cytokeratin-positive cells from the bone marrow. Prospective studies need to evaluate, whether these cells could become targets for additional adjuvant therapy...
- Precursor-B-ALL with D(H)-J(H) gene rearrangements have an immature immunogenotype with a high frequency of oligoclonality and hyperdiploidy of chromosome 14T Szczepanski
Department of Immunology, University Hospital Rotterdam Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 15:1415-23. 2001..This immature immunogenotype of precursor-B-ALL with incomplete IGH gene rearrangements was not associated with more aggressive disease...
- Micrometastatic disease in breast cancer: clinical implicationsMichail Ignatiadis
Department of Medical Oncology, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Cancer 44:2726-36. 2008..This requires the standardisation of micrometastatic cell detection and characterisation, which will allow the incorporation of CTCs/DTCs into prospective clinical trials testing their clinical utility...
- Nondetected tumor (pT0) after prolonged, neoadjuvant treatment of localized prostatic carcinomaJ Kollermann
Institute of Pathology, Hegau Clinic, Singen, Germany
Eur Urol 38:714-20. 2000..The present work was done to elucidate the initial characteristics of these tumors, to see if additional workup of these prostatectomy specimens is able to detect tumor vestiges and, if so, to describe their morphology...
- Quantitative monitoring of NPM1 mutations provides a valid minimal residual disease parameter following allogeneic stem cell transplantationUlrike Bacher
Clinic for Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Hamburg, Germany
Exp Hematol 37:135-42. 2009..Nucleophosmin (NPM1) mutations, with their high frequency in AML, were suggested to represent suitable MRD markers, but so far no study has evaluated their usefulness in the posttransplantation period...
- The clinical impact of histopathologic response assessment by residual tumor cell quantification in esophageal squamous cell carcinomasBjörn L D M Brücher
Department of Surgery, Technical University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Cancer 106:2119-27. 2006..g., postoperative morbidity and mortality, recurrence, and survival) in patients with locally advanced esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC)...
- Pattern of immunoglobulin and T-cell receptor (Ig/TCR) gene rearrangements in Polish pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients--implications for RQ-PCR-based assessment of minimal residual diseaseMałgorzata Dawidowska
Institute of Human Genetics, Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Molecular and Clinical Genetics, Strzeszynska 32, 60 479 Poznan, Poland
Leuk Res 30:1119-25. 2006..These results are the first promising step for further development of MRD study in Polish patients according to current diagnostic standards...
- Lack of effect of adjuvant chemotherapy on the elimination of single dormant tumor cells in bone marrow of high-risk breast cancer patientsS Braun
I Frauenklinik der Ludwig Maximilians Universität, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 18:80-6. 2000..This study was designed to evaluate whether monitoring of micrometastases in bone marrow can predict the response to systemic chemotherapy in breast cancer...
- Development of a quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction method for monitoring CEBPA mutations in normal karyotype acute myeloid leukaemiaLan Lan Smith
Br J Haematol 133:103-5. 2006
- Identification of a set of seven genes for the monitoring of minimal residual disease in pediatric acute myeloid leukemiaDaniel Steinbach
University Children s Hospital Jena, Jena, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:2434-41. 2006..It is used for risk-adapted therapy and for the recognition of pending relapses. In acute myeloid leukemia (AML), there is still a need for more suitable MRD markers...
- Advances in the immunological monitoring of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemiaDario Campana
Departments of Hematology Oncology and Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 15:1-19. 2002..A strong correlation between flow cytometric measurements of MRD during clinical remission and treatment outcome has been demonstrated, suggesting that these assays should be incorporated into treatment protocols...
- T cell receptor gamma gene rearrangements as targets for detection of minimal residual disease in acute lymphoblastic leukemia by real-time quantitative PCR analysisV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 16:1372-80. 2002..This method is applicable in the majority of T-ALL patients and in almost half of precursor-B-ALL patients, particularly when used as second-choice target for confirmation of the MRD results obtained via the first-choice target...
- T cell receptor gamma (TCRG) gene rearrangements in Brazilian children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: analysis and implications for the study of minimal residual diseaseCarlos A Scrideli
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Leuk Res 28:267-73. 2004..This fact should be considered when standardizing consensus primers for the study of minimal residual disease in different populations...
- Use of peripheral blood instead of bone marrow to monitor residual disease in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaElaine Coustan-Smith
Departments of Hematology Oncology, Biostatistics, and Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, and the University of Tennessee, Memphis TN 38105 2794, USA
Blood 100:2399-402. 2002..007). These results indicate that peripheral blood may be used to monitor MRD in patients with T-lineage ALL and that peripheral blood MRD may provide strong prognostic information in patients with B-lineage ALL...
- No residual cancer on radical prostatectomy after positive 10-core biopsy: incidence, biopsy findings, and DNA specimen identity analysisKiril Trpkov
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Anatomical Pathology, Rockyview General Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:811-6. 2006..It is uncertain whether extensive prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing and extended biopsies currently performed will increase the incidence of no residual cancer on subsequent prostatectomy...
- Genetic heterogeneity of single disseminated tumour cells in minimal residual cancerChristoph A Klein
Institut fur Immunologie, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, D 80336 MUnchen, Germany
Lancet 360:683-9. 2002..Disseminated tumour cells can be detected by epithelial markers in mesenchymal tissues and represent targets for adjuvant therapies...
- Immunoglobulin kappa deleting element rearrangements in precursor-B acute lymphoblastic leukemia are stable targets for detection of minimal residual disease by real-time quantitative PCRV H J van der Velden
Department of Immunology, University Hospital, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Leukemia 16:928-36. 2002..Furthermore, most IGK-Kde rearrangements (90%) can be used for sensitive detection of MRD (< or =10(-4)) by RQ-PCR analysis...
- Real-time RT-PCR quantification of PRAME gene expression for monitoring minimal residual disease in acute myeloblastic leukaemiaNicolas Tajeddine
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Clin Chem Lab Med 44:548-55. 2006..In these cases, the quantification of PRAME (preferentially expressed antigen of melanoma) transcripts could be useful...
- Radiofrequency ablation of renal cell carcinoma: part 2, Lessons learned with ablation of 100 tumorsDebra A Gervais
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit St, White 270, Boston, MA 02114, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 185:72-80. 2005..The objective of our study was to review radiofrequency ablation of 100 renal tumors and lessons learned with respect to electrode approach, effects on collecting system, bowel proximity, and patterns of residual disease...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy with and without concurrent chemotherapy for locally advanced transitional cell carcinoma of the renal pelvis and ureterBrian Czito
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 172:1271-5. 2004....
- Surgery for testicular cancer: indication, results and technical aspectsH Khouni
Tunis Med 83:78-83. 2005..Laparoscopic approache is a viable staging tool; however, oncologic control of the retroperitoneum has not been reliably determined...
- Outcome following repeat liver resection for colorectal liver metastasesH Nishio
HPB and Transplant Unit, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:729-34. 2007..Our aim was to determine independent predictors of survival after second liver resection and to confirm whether the type of first resection influences survival after repeat resection...
- Bilateral Wilms' tumors: a single-center experience with 19 casesAlastair J W Millar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Red Cross Children s Hospital, School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
J Pediatr Surg 40:1289-94. 2005..The primary aim of management is eradication of neoplasm, while at the same time preserving of renal function...
- Treatment of acute promyelocytic leukemia with arsenic trioxide without ATRA and/or chemotherapyA Ghavamzadeh
Haematology, Oncology and BMT Research Centre, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Ann Oncol 17:131-4. 2006..Arsenic trioxide is effective and approved for treatment of relapsed or refractory acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) cases resistant to all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA), but its effect on new cases of APL is not clear...
- Outcome of patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia failing to front-line treatment with all-trans retinoic acid and anthracycline-based chemotherapy (PETHEMA protocols LPA96 and LPA99): benefit of an early interventionJ Esteve
Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Leukemia 21:446-52. 2007..Moreover, given the poor outcome of HEMrel managed with ATRA and HDAC, use of alternative therapeutic strategies in this setting is warranted...
- Clinical relevance of circulating tumour cells in the bone marrow of patients with SCCHNB Wollenberg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Hals Nasen Ohren Heilkunde, Universitatsklinikum Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, Germany
Onkologie 27:358-62. 2004..Circulating tumour cells in the bone marrow indicate a poor prognosis for patients with various kinds of malignoma. The present study examines the clinical relevance of occult tumour cells in patients suffering from SCCHN...
- Effectiveness of superselective and selective neck dissection for advanced nodal metastases after chemoradiationK Thomas Robbins
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield 62794 9662, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:965-9. 2005..To determine the efficacy of selective and superselective neck dissection for patients with bulky or residual nodal metastasis treated with concomitant intra-arterial cisplatin and radiotherapy...
- T-cell Therapy for B-lineage Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaLaurence J N Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2013..LAY SUMMARY: We will infuse CD19-specific T cells after transplantation to improve survival for patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. ..
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition they may be used as surrogate markers for response to therapy and allow for early changes in biotherapy or targeted molecular therapy in case these latter ones do not work. ..
- Targeted Therapies and Mechanisms of Resistance in Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaJennifer A Woyach; Fiscal Year: 2013..Sandeep Dave at Duke University. Through the protected research time and career development activities proposed in this application, Dr. Woyach will develop the skills necessary to transition to an independent faculty role. ..
- Phase 1 Study of Umbilical Cord Blood-Derived T Cells in Malignant B CellsElizabeth J Shpall; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- IL-15 Superagonist Complex as an Immunotherapeutic for Multiple MyelomaHing C Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..Positive outcomes from this proposed study would provide justification for clinical development of this complex as a safe, durable, potent and cell-mediated immunotherapy to treat patients with multiple myeloma. ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATION OF 19F MRI TO VISUALIZE CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC CELLSAmy K Wesa; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will adapt modern imaging tools to address this urgent need, while giving insights into ongoing clinical studies of immunotherapy in colorectal cancer. ..
- Efficacy and safety of novel CD80 IL15 IL15Ra expressing autologous AML vaccinesKARIN L GAENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Studies will directly inform the design of a Phase 1 clinical AML vaccine trial at UCSF for patients >60, ineligible for HSCT. ..
- Alpha Radioimmunotherapy for Lymphoma TreatmentBRENDA MARIE SANDMAIER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We anticipate that the information from these studies will allow rapid translation of the optimized promising RIT strategy using 211At-anti-CD45 MAb into our clinical RIT HCT program for NHL. ..
- Novel Strategies for Cancer Immunotherapy in Stem Cell TransplantYiping Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Combinational Immunotherapy Targeting the Melanoma-Associated VasculatureWalter J Storkus; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Hematologic MalignanciesStephen J Forman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Maintenance therapy with decitabine for acute myeloid leukemia in first remissionWilliam G Blum; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hope to more accurately predict response to treatment and assess risk of relapse. ..
- MYCN Function in NeuroblastomaNaohiko Ikegaki; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition, the results of our experiments will hold promise for the early introduction of favorable NB gene enhancers and MYCN-destabilizers into clinical trials, for example, in the control of minimal residual disease. ..
- In Vivo Oncogene-induced Tumorigenesis and EscapeLewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2013..Achieving this goal will permit more effective therapeutic approaches to be developed for the millions of breast cancer survivors at risk for recurrence. ..
- Combination Therapy in B-Chronic Lymphocytic LeukemiaNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Ancillary Studies in Clinical Trials - PRIMeRMarcelo C Pasquini; Fiscal Year: 2013..The results of this study will improve the quality of disease assessment and establish a powerful surrogate marker in multiple myeloma. (End of Abstract) ..
- Role of Macrophages in Tumor Dormancy and RecurrenceJASON ROBERT RUTH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together, we believe these studies will identify a functional role for macrophages in minimal residual disease and mammary tumor recurrence. ..
- Nanotechnology based magnetic detection for rare cell assaysMARK S DIIORIO; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Neuroimaging to Assess the Effects of Therapy in Children with Acute LymphoblastiBRUCE T contact SHIRAMIZU; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal aims to evaluate CNS structure and chemistry;and cognitive performance, after treatment begins (<6 weeks), and 12 months later in children (3-6 year old) with ALL diagnosed with standard- and intermediate-risk ALL. ..
- A Pilot Study of Decitabine and Vorinostat with Chemotherapy for Relapsed ALLMICHAEL JAMES BURKE; Fiscal Year: 2012..Finally, modulation of epigenetic profiles, gene expression signatures and chemosensitivity will be correlated with clinical responses in an effort to identify biomarkers predictive of clinical response. ..
- Minimal Residual Disease and Mechanisms of Breast Cancer RecurrenceLewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Biology and Therapy of High Risk NeuroblastomaROBERT CHARLES SEEGER; Fiscal Year: 2013..nant.org), which includes 15 pediatric oncology institutions across the US and in Canada. ..
- Gene expression profiling vs MRD assessment in MyelomaGuido J Tricot; Fiscal Year: 2011..These findings can serve as a model for treatment approaches in other chronic lymphoproliferative and myeloproliferative malignancies, which exhibit a similar disease progression. ..
- MOLECULAR SIGNATURES FOR OUTCOME PREDICTION AND THERAPEUTIC TARGETING IN ALLCheryl L Willman; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Survival and Recurrence of Dormant Cancer CellsLewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application is focused on that goal. ..
- 1st Annual Tandem ASPHO/PBMTC Educational Mtg: New Frontiers in Pediatric AlloSCTMitchell S Cairo; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Notch as a New Therapeutic Target in Hematological MalignanciesYulia Nefedova; Fiscal Year: 2012..If successful, this may dramatically improve the effect of therapy in patients with multiple myeloma. ..
- GENETIC MODIFICATION OF HUMAN DENDRITIC CELLS FOR CANCER IMMUNITYJAMES WILLIAM YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2012..These approaches should find their greatest application in treating minimal residual disease after primary therapy.) ..
- Rare Protein Detection on Cell Surfaces: Ultrasensitive Detection of B-Cell ChronWilliam Soo Hoo; Fiscal Year: 2013..The SBIR funds requested in this proposal will accelerate the introduction of an important new technology for the detection of rare cell surface markers for use in both the research and medical communities. ..
- The Genetics of Post-Transplant Relapse in Myeloid MalignancyJERALD PATRICK RADICH; Fiscal Year: 2013..An understanding of the context and extent of clonal selection in relapse may prove important in tailoring treatment strategies to minimize selection and the escape of resistant clones. ..
- PDE4B and pharmacoethnicity of childhood leukemiaJun J Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Long term, we aim to eradicate race/ethnicity differences in cure rates of childhood leukemia. ..
- Peripheral blood biopsy for molecular diagnosis of pancreatic cancerSunil R Hingorani; Fiscal Year: 2013..It can be reasonably hoped that the final diagnostic tool would enable clinicians to make molecular diagnoses non-invasively and monitor for minimal residual disease, disease progression, and response or resistance to treatment. ..
- Investigating the mechanism of ITGA4/6-mediated chemoprotection of ALL cellsYONG MI KIM KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..Delineating the mechanistic basis for this concept will enable us to validate and further develop this treatment approach towards patient care. ..
- Bioinformatics Data "Cleaning" for Immune Repertoire SequencingDavid Scott Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Diagnostics laboratories often analyze T cells to help characterize disease. We are building a streamlined, cheaper, and more comprehensive system for T cell analysis in clinical laboratories. ..
- Novel Pathways for Bcr-Abl transformationIan P Whitehead; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, the focus of this proposal is the development of novel approaches and inhibitors that can be used to complement imatinib treatment. ..
- Improving Biopsies using Magnetic NanoparticlesEdward R Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Nanotechnology for Disease Detection, Magnetic Nanoparticles for targeting Disease, Magnetic Needle for Bone Marrow Biopsy ..
- TUMOR IMMUNITY GENERATED BY DENDRITIC CELLSJAMES WILLIAM YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..New and improved approaches for the immune-based treatment of cancer are anticipated, with the most effective application likely being the treatment of minimal residual disease after primary therapy.) ..
- Minor Histocompatilibity Vaccination After Allo-Transpl*Koen Van Besien; Fiscal Year: 2004..Blood, marrow and skin biopsy samples will be obtained for correlative studies relating to immune reconstitution and minimal residual disease and compared with historical controls. ..
- MENTORED QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARDZ Hugh Fan; Fiscal Year: 2013..Third, the proposed research will advance the fields of cancer biology, biomedical engineering, and micro-nanotechnologies. ..
- DETECTION OF MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN ACUTE LEUKEMIAJerry Radich; Fiscal Year: 1993..In sum, this proposal could broaden the understanding of the biology of leukemia, aid in its therapy, and provide support to an emerging clinical scientific career...
- A Droplet-Based System for Capture, Manipulation, and Biochemical Profiling of RaStefanie S Jeffrey; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Minimal Residual Disease Monitoring by T-cell Receptor Repertoire ProfilingMark J Rieder; Fiscal Year: 2013..The findings from this study will not only be relevant for assessment of MRD in T-cell neoplasms;its extension to the detection of MRD in B-cell neoplasms will expand the applicability of this assay to all hematological neoplasms. ..
- CLONOTYPIC PCR FOR MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAAriela Noy; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, the extensive patient population facilitates the execution of a large number of clinical protocols in a timely manner. ..
- NOVEL COMBINATION THERAPY OF NEUROBLASTOMANai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2000..Because GD2 is found on a variety of human tumors, these results may have therapeutic implications for other refractory human cancers. ..
- TEL/AML1 FUSION IN PEDIATRIC ALLD Gilliland; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Cell Sorting and Molecular Analysis for Minimal Disease DetectionBarbara Zehentner; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTEIN SORTING TO ENDOTHELIAL CELL SECRETORY GRANULESYvonne Datta; Fiscal Year: 2001..The system could theoretically be used therapeutically in a variety of clinical conditions that involve thrombosis and inflammation, such as xenotransplantation and coronary artery disease. ..
- NOVEL TUMOR ANTIGEN FOR ANTIBODY TARGETINGNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2001..This information is critical for radioimmunotherapy as well as future antibody-based targeted therapies. ..
- Innovative molecular cytogenetic techniques for early leukemia/lymphoma detectionJOE LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Early detection of MRD will increase patient survival and profoundly impact cancer patient management. ..
- RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY OF LYMPHOMAMark Kaminski; Fiscal Year: 2000..These proposed integrated studies should help answer important fundamental questions regarding RIT and help develop this new and promising strategy for the treatment of lymphomas in general. ..
- MHC Restricted Immunotherapeutic Targets in AMLDean Lee; Fiscal Year: 2006..I anticipate that this translational research could lead directly to clinical trials evaluating antigen specific active (vaccines) or passive (adoptive transfer) immunotherapy for AML. ..
- Novel Therapies for High-Risk NeuroblastomaJulie Park; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Enhancing the immunogenicity of idiotypes for therapy of Non-Hodgkin's lymphomaYvonne Paterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also have tested 3 possible adjuvants to enhance its delivery. This will set the stage for a Phase II proposal focused on preparations for entering clinical trials. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cancer Study by Flow Cytometric Signal Cell GenotypingHong Cai; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ISCT 9th Annual Meeting: ISCT 2003Stephen Noga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The goal is met through the delivery of content in a variety of formats. ..
- Phase ii intraperitoneal rhIL 12Ralph Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2002..4) Determine whether expression of proangiogenic factors VEGF, FGF2 and IL-8 are decreased following IF rhIL- 12. ..
- ANTIBODY FUSION PROTEINS FOR THE THERAPY OF CANCERJoseph Rosenblatt; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of antibody fusion proteins may overcome limitations of gene transfer and/or standard antibody therapy and represents a promising approach to the problem of minimal residual disease. ..
- Fra-1: A new target for a genomic breast cancer vaccineRalph Reisfeld; Fiscal Year: 2009..This allows for this vaccine to go full circle in evaluation from bench to bedside and back for further improvement. ..
- Akt Inhibitors to Treat Ewing's SarcomaJeffrey Toretsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our findings from this Phase I Sun will hopefully lead to a key compound that can be further developed in a Phase II STTR ultimately leading to clinical trials in patients with ESFT. ..
- MINIMAL RESIDUAL DISEASE IN LYMPHOMAS WITH THE T-14-18Ming Sheng Lee; Fiscal Year: 1993..These sequence amplification assays will be modified to make them quantitative. These quantitative results will be correlated with the clinical outcome to eventually define "cure"...
- IMMUNE RECONSTITUTION AFTER TRANSPLANTIONMichael Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2003..Altogether, results obtained in this project will help regulate the immune recovery posttransplantation to improve the current treatment of metastatic breast cancer. ..
- Light Scatter In Vivo Flow Cytometry to Monitor CancerIrene Georgakoudi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MONITORING OF RESIDUAL DISEASE IN PEDIATRIC ALLCheryl Willman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- DETECTION OF IMMUNOGENIC OVARIAN CANCER ANTIGENSMarcus Butler; Fiscal Year: 2005..Butler will receive from his mentor, as well as his collaborators, will enable Dr. Butler to mature into a leading clinician-scientist interested in translating breakthroughs in immunotherapy to the care of patients. ..