Genomes and Genes
local neoplasm recurrence
Summary: The local recurrence of a neoplasm following treatment. It arises from microscopic cells of the original neoplasm that have escaped therapeutic intervention and later become clinically visible at the original site.
Publications339 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trialsM Clarke
Clinical Trial Service Unit, Oxford, UK
Lancet 366:2087-106. 2005..To examine this relationship, collaborative meta-analyses were undertaken, based on individual patient data, of the relevant randomised trials that began by 1995...
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancerE Kapiteijn
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 345:638-46. 2001..2 percent in the surgery-only group (P<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Short-term preoperative radiotherapy reduces the risk of local recurrence in patients with rectal cancer who undergo a standardized total mesorectal excision...
- Intratumoral T cells, recurrence, and survival in epithelial ovarian cancerLin Zhang
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
N Engl J Med 348:203-13. 2003..Although tumor-infiltrating T cells have been documented in ovarian carcinoma, a clear association with clinical outcome has not been established...
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancerBernard Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 5234, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1233-41. 2002..In 1976, we initiated a randomized trial to determine whether lumpectomy with or without radiation therapy was as effective as total mastectomy for the treatment of invasive breast cancer...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- Liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma: expansion of the tumor size limits does not adversely impact survivalF Y Yao
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0538, USA
Hepatology 33:1394-403. 2001..0005). We conclude that the current criteria for OLT based on tumor size may be modestly expanded while still preserving excellent survival after OLT...
- Survival and recurrence after concomitant chemotherapy and radiotherapy for cancer of the uterine cervix: a systematic review and meta-analysisJ A Green
Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, L69 3GA, Liverpool, UK
Lancet 358:781-6. 2001..Our aim was to review the effects of chemoradiotherapy on overall and progression-free survival, local and distant control, and acute and late toxicity in patients with cervical cancer...
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized study comparing breast-conserving surgery with radical mastectomy for early breast cancerUmberto Veronesi
Department of Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 347:1227-32. 2002..We conducted 20 years of follow-up of women enrolled in a randomized trial to compare the efficacy of radical (Halsted) mastectomy with that of breast-conserving surgery...
- Effective surgical adjuvant therapy for high-risk rectal carcinomaJ E Krook
Duluth Community Clinical Oncology Program, Minn
N Engl J Med 324:709-15. 1991..We designed a combination regimen to optimize the contribution of chemotherapy, decrease recurrence, and improve survival as compared with adjuvant radiation alone...
- Risk factors contributing to early and late phase intrahepatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma after hepatectomyHiroshi Imamura
Division of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Hepatol 38:200-7. 2003..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to investigate factors to early and late phase recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Breast-conserving treatment with or without radiotherapy in ductal carcinoma-in-situ: ten-year results of European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized phase III trial 10853--a study by the EORTC Breast Cancer Cooperative Group andNina Bijker
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 24:3381-7. 2006..We analyzed the efficacy of RT with 10 years follow-up on both the overall risk of local recurrence (LR) and related to clinical, histologic, and treatment factors...
- Risk factors, prevention, and management of postoperative recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinomaR Tung-Ping Poon
Centre of Liver Diseases, Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Ann Surg 232:10-24. 2000..To evaluate the current knowledge on the risk factors for recurrence, efficacy of adjuvant therapy in preventing recurrence, and the optimal management of recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Bevacizumab for recurrent malignant gliomas: efficacy, toxicity, and patterns of recurrenceA D Norden
Department of Neurology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, SW430B, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neurology 70:779-87. 2008..At recurrence some patients appear to develop nonenhancing infiltrating disease rather than enhancing tumor...
- A randomized trial of chemoradiotherapy and chemotherapy after resection of pancreatic cancerJohn P Neoptolemos
Department of Surgery, Liverpool University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 350:1200-10. 2004..The effect of adjuvant treatment on survival in pancreatic cancer is unclear. We report the final results of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer 1 Trial and update the interim results...
- Clinical outcome of endoscopic submucosal dissection versus endoscopic mucosal resection of large colorectal tumors as determined by curative resectionYutaka Saito
Endoscopy Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, Japan
Surg Endosc 24:343-52. 2010..Clinical outcomes compared with conventional endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) have not been determined so our aim was to compare the effectiveness of ESD with conventional EMR for colorectal tumors >or=20 mm...
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: results of a phase I dose-escalation trialDwight E Heron
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:1493-500. 2009..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) in previously irradiated patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Postoperative radiotherapy in the treatment of single metastases to the brain: a randomized trialR A Patchell
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington 40536 0084, USA
JAMA 280:1485-9. 1998..However, the efficacy of postoperative radiotherapy after complete surgical resection has not been established...
- Pattern of recurrence following complete resection of esophageal carcinoma and factors predictive of recurrent diseaseChristophe Mariette
Service de chirurgie digestive et générale Hôpital Claude Huriez, CHRU, Lille, France
Cancer 97:1616-23. 2003..The current study was undertaken to evaluate the pattern of recurrence after curative esophagectomy for cancer of the thoracic esophagus and to identify factors predictive of recurrent disease...
- Solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura: surgical outcome and clinical courseSook Hwan Sung
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Ann Thorac Surg 79:303-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to define more precisely the surgical outcome and clinical course of solitary fibrous tumors of the pleura...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 is episomal and a high viral load may be correlated to better prognosis in tonsillar cancerHanna Mellin
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska R8 01, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 102:152-8. 2002..In conclusion, HPV-16 is mainly episomal in tonsillar cancer. The viral load showed a wide distribution and the clinical outcome in our study was better when the HPV load was higher...
- Long-term survival and prognostic factors in thymic epithelial tumoursFederico Rea
Thoracic Surgery, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani, 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 26:412-8. 2004..The aim of this study is to analyze long-term survival and the prognostic significance of some factors after surgical resection of thymic epithelial tumours...
- Positron emission tomography with 11C-acetate and 18F-FDG in prostate cancer patientsE Fricke
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 30:607-11. 2003..18)F-FDG, however, appears to be more accurate in visualising distant metastases. There may be a role for combined (11)C-acetate/(18)F-FDG PET in the follow-up of patients with prostate cancer and persisting or increasing PSA...
- Results of a phase I dose-escalation study using single-fraction stereotactic radiotherapy for lung tumorsQuynh Thu Le
Department of Radiation Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:802-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to report initial results of a phase I study using single-fraction stereotactic radiotherapy (RT) in patients with inoperable lung tumors...
- Recurrence patterns after radical gastrectomy for gastric cancer: prognostic factors and implications for postoperative adjuvant therapyRoderich E Schwarz
Department of General Oncologic Surgery, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, California, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 9:394-400. 2002..Radical gastrectomy with extended lymphadenectomy may reduce LRR, possibly affecting adjuvant treatment strategies...
- Breast-conserving surgery with or without radiotherapy: pooled-analysis for risks of ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and mortalityVincent Vinh-Hung
Oncology Center, Academic Hospital, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Jette, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:115-21. 2004..The objective of the study was to investigate whether radiotherapy or its omission after breast-conserving surgery has measurable consequences on local tumor growth and patient survival...
- Extended transthoracic resection compared with limited transhiatal resection for adenocarcinoma of the esophagusJan B F Hulscher
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 347:1662-9. 2002..Controversy exists about the best surgical treatment for esophageal carcinoma...
- [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose uptake by positron emission tomography predicts outcome of non-small-cell lung cancerRyohei Sasaki
Department of Radiation Oncology, Unit 97, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:1136-43. 2005..To determine whether the standardized uptake value (SUV) of [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose uptake by positron emission tomography could be a prognostic factor for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Selection criteria for repeat hepatectomy in patients with recurrent hepatocellular carcinomaMasami Minagawa
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg 238:703-10. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate prognostic factors in patients with recurrence after curative resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to identify selection criteria for repeat resection...
- Caspase-3 activity as a prognostic factor in colorectal carcinomaL E Jonges
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Lab Invest 81:681-8. 2001..The caspase-3 activity significantly correlated with CD57(+) tumor infiltrating cells. Therefore, high caspase-3 activity in right-sided tumors might be induced by a specific lymphocytic reaction...
- Surgery and postoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma: multicentre randomised trial. PORTEC Study Group. Post Operative Radiation Therapy in Endometrial CarcinomaC L Creutzberg
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
Lancet 355:1404-11. 2000..We did a multicentre prospective randomised trial to find whether postoperative pelvic radiotherapy improves locoregional control and survival for patients with stage-1 endometrial carcinoma...
- Ductal carcinoma in situ, complexities and challengesGregory D Leonard
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20889 5105, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:906-20. 2004..Ongoing and recently completed studies should provide information on outcomes in patients treated with lumpectomy alone and on the effectiveness of aromatase inhibitors as an alternative to tamoxifen...
- Prognostic factors in intraoral squamous cell carcinoma: the influence of histologic gradeDeepak Kademani
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1599-605. 2005....
- Total mesorectal excision for middle and lower rectal cancer: a single institution experience with 337 consecutive patientsPompiliu Piso
Department for Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Germany
J Surg Oncol 86:115-21. 2004..There have been reports on improved prognosis after TME for middle and lower rectal cancer. No prospective randomized studies have yet been performed. This is a large single institution series evaluating its own results of TME...
- A randomized controlled trial of radiofrequency ablation with ethanol injection for small hepatocellular carcinomaShuichiro Shiina
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 129:122-30. 2005..Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation is a recently introduced treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma, whereas ethanol injection is now a standard therapy. We compared their long-term outcomes...
- Factors affecting survival following local, regional, or distant recurrence from localized melanomaS J Soong
Biostatistics Unit, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3300, USA
J Surg Oncol 67:228-33. 1998..Approximately one third of all melanoma patients will experience disease recurrence. Factors that affect patient survival following local, regional, or distant first recurrences of localized melanoma are the subject of this investigation...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy as reirradiation for locally recurrent head and neck cancerKwang Won Roh
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1348-55. 2009..We report early preliminary experience with CyberKnife radiosurgery (RS) as salvage treatment for locally recurrent head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Ovarian cancer: strategies for overcoming resistance to chemotherapyRoshan Agarwal
Section of Medicine, Institute for Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 3:502-16. 2003..A better understanding of the mechanisms that underlie this drug resistance should allow treatment to be optimized, so that substantial improvements in the outlook for women with this disease can be achieved...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery for reirradiation of head-and-neck cancerKeith R Unger
Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1411-9. 2010..We report our experience with reirradiation using fractionated SRS for head-and-neck cancer...
- Differences in risk factors for local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy or mastectomy for stage I and II breast cancer: pooled results of two large European randomized trialsA C Voogd
Eindhoven Cancer Registry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 19:1688-97. 2001..Risk factors for local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy and mastectomy were compared to define guidelines for the decision making between both treatments...
- Bleomycin-based electrochemotherapy: clinical outcome from a single institution's experience with 52 patientsLuca G Campana
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica Generale II, Policlinico Universitario, 6 degrees Piano Via Giustiniani 2, 33128, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:191-9. 2009..This benefit, although preliminary, deserves further assessment after a formal validation of the dedicated questionnaire...
- Cancer of the ovaryStephen A Cannistra
Program of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2519-29. 2004
- Metabolic imaging predicts response, survival, and recurrence in adenocarcinomas of the esophagogastric junctionKatja Ott
Department of Surgery, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Ismaningerstr 22, D 81675, Munich, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:4692-8. 2006..The aim of this study was to prospectively validate these findings by using an a priori definition of metabolic response...
- Efficacy of fractionated stereotactic reirradiation in recurrent gliomas: long-term results in 172 patients treated in a single institutionStephanie E Combs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Heidelberg, INF 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8863-9. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy (FSRT) performed as reirradiation in 172 patients with recurrent low- and high-grade gliomas...
- Guidelines for colonoscopy surveillance after polypectomy: a consensus update by the US Multi-Society Task Force on Colorectal Cancer and the American Cancer SocietySidney J Winawer
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Gastroenterology 130:1872-85. 2006..It has been shown that the first screening colonoscopy and polypectomy produces the greatest effects on reducing the incidence of colorectal cancer in patients with adenomatous polyps...
- Raf kinase inhibitor protein expression in a survival analysis of colorectal cancer patientsFahd Al-Mulla
Kuwait University, Faculty of Medicine, Safat, Kuwait
J Clin Oncol 24:5672-9. 2006..We examined whether RKIP expression in primary colorectal cancers (CRCs) correlates with the risk of metastasis and overall survival...
- Extended abdominoperineal resection with gluteus maximus flap reconstruction of the pelvic floor for rectal cancerT Holm
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 94:232-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to report the technique and early experience of extended APR in a select cohort of patients...
- Factors associated with local recurrence after skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction for invasive breast cancerHeriberto Medina-Franco
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Ann Surg 235:814-9. 2002..To examine the incidence of local recurrence (LR) and factors associated with it in a population of patients who underwent skin-sparing mastectomy (SSM) and immediate reconstruction for invasive carcinoma...
- A population-based study on the management and outcome in patients with locally recurrent rectal cancerG Palmer
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg Oncol 14:447-54. 2007..The condition is difficult to cure and little is known on whether the prognosis for patients with locally recurrent tumours has changed over time. Few population-based studies have been performed...
- Is the benefit of postmastectomy irradiation limited to patients with four or more positive nodes, as recommended in international consensus reports? A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c randomized trialsMarie Overgaard
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 82:247-53. 2007..A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c trials was performed to evaluate the loco-regional recurrence rate and survival in relation to number of positive nodes...
- Molecular characterization of early-stage bladder carcinomas by expression profiles, FGFR3 mutation status, and loss of 9qD Lindgren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Oncogene 25:2685-96. 2006..Furthermore, the presented data underscore FGFR3 receptor involvement in urothelial cell transformation as the presence of FGFR3 mutations has a major impact on the global gene expression profile of bladder carcinomas...
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC studiesMaurizio Brausi
Institute Sant Agostino, Estense, Modena, Italy
Eur Urol 41:523-31. 2002..To assess the variability between institutions in the recurrence rate at the first follow-up cystoscopy (RR-FFC) after transurethral resection (TUR) in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer...
- Locoregional failure 10 years after mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy with or without tamoxifen without irradiation: experience of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupA Recht
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1689-700. 1999....
- Local recurrence after hepatic radiofrequency coagulation: multivariate meta-analysis and review of contributing factorsStefaan Mulier
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Mont Godinne, Catholic University of Louvain, Yvoir, Belgium
Ann Surg 242:158-71. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyze the factors that influence local recurrence after radiofrequency coagulation of liver tumors...
- The influence of lymph node metastasis in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, and hypopharynx: N0 versus N+Michael K Layland
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and the Head and Neck Tumor Research Project of Barnes Jewish Hospital Foundation, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Laryngoscope 115:629-39. 2005..The study also compares the results of four different approaches to the treatment of the N0 neck...
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapyPaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2373-8. 2008..To determine whether breast cancer subtype is associated with outcome after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) consisting of lumpectomy and radiation therapy...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- Single dose radiosurgical treatment of recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors and brain metastases: final report of RTOG protocol 90-05E Shaw
Department of Radiation Oncology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:291-8. 2000..To determine the maximum tolerated dose of single fraction radiosurgery in patients with recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors and brain metastases...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Clinical features, mechanisms, and management of pseudoprogression in malignant gliomasDieta Brandsma
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 9:453-61. 2008..Further research is needed to establish reliable imaging parameters that distinguish between true tumour progression and pseudoprogression or treatment-related necrosis...
- Effect of radiotherapy fraction size on tumour control in patients with early-stage breast cancer after local tumour excision: long-term results of a randomised trialJ Roger Owen
Department of Oncology, Gloucestershire Oncology Centre, Cheltenham, UK
Lancet Oncol 7:467-71. 2006..0 Gy over 5 weeks. In a randomised trial, we tested whether fewer, larger fractions were at least as safe and as effective as standard regimens. In this analysis, we assessed the long-term results of tumour control in the same population...
- HER-2/neu gene amplification characterized by fluorescence in situ hybridization: poor prognosis in node-negative breast carcinomasM F Press
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Pathology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:2894-904. 1997....
- Complete response of colorectal liver metastases after chemotherapy: does it mean cure?Stephane Benoist
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Ambroise Pare, Boulogne, France
J Clin Oncol 24:3939-45. 2006..Most patients with colorectal liver metastases (LMs) receive systemic chemotherapy. This study aimed to determine the significance of a complete response on imaging of LMs after chemotherapy...
- CA 125, PET alone, PET-CT, CT and MRI in diagnosing recurrent ovarian carcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysisPing Gu
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200127, PR China
Eur J Radiol 71:164-74. 2009..The accuracy of CA 125, PET alone, PET-CT, CT and MRI in diagnosing the recurrent ovarian carcinoma has never been systematically assessed, and present systematic review was aimed at this issue...
- Therapy for thymic epithelial tumors: a clinical study of 1,320 patients from JapanKazuya Kondo
Department of Oncological and Regenerative Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 76:878-84; discussion 884-5. 2003..Surgery remains the mainstay of treatment for thymic epithelial tumors, and radiation and chemotherapy also have been applied widely as adjuvant and palliative procedures...
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging in prediction of tumour-free resection margin in rectal cancer surgeryR G Beets-Tan
Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Maastricht, The Netherlands
Lancet 357:497-504. 2001..This study assessed the accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with a phased-array coil for preoperative staging and prediction of the distance of the tumour from the circumferential resection margin in a total mesorectal excision...
- Differentiation of recurrent glioblastoma multiforme from radiation necrosis after external beam radiation therapy with dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imagingRamon F Barajas
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Radiology 253:486-96. 2009....
- Sentinel-node biopsy or nodal observation in melanomaDonald L Morton
Department of Surgical Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute at Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
N Engl J Med 355:1307-17. 2006..We evaluated the contribution of sentinel-node biopsy to outcomes in patients with newly diagnosed melanoma...
- Neck treatment of patients with early stage oral tongue cancer: comparison between observation, supraomohyoid dissection, and extended dissectionShiang Fu Huang
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Cancer 112:1066-75. 2008..The role of elective and therapeutic selective neck dissection in patients with early stage cancer of the oral tongue remains controversial. The purpose was to investigate the role of neck treatment in the management of this condition...
- Cancer control with radical prostatectomy alone in 1,000 consecutive patientsGerald W Hull
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
J Urol 167:528-34. 2002..We analyzed the long-term progression-free probability after radical retropubic prostatectomy in a consecutive series of patients with localized prostate cancer...
- Chromosomal anomalies in oligodendroglial tumors are correlated with clinical featuresMartin J van den Bent
Department of Neurooncology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer 97:1276-84. 2003..The authors investigated the correlation between genetic and clinical characteristics of OD in 33 patients who received chemotherapy with procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine for recurrent disease after receiving radiotherapy...
- Relative cerebral blood volume values to differentiate high-grade glioma recurrence from posttreatment radiation effect: direct correlation between image-guided tissue histopathology and localized dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusioL S Hu
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:552-8. 2009....
- [Surgical resection versus percutaneous thermal ablation for early-stage hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized clinical trial]Ming De Lu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:801-5. 2006....
- Prospective study of wide excision alone for ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastJulia S Wong
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1031-6. 2006..It has been hypothesized that wide excision alone with margins > or = 1 cm may be adequate treatment for small, grade 1 or 2 ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). To test this hypothesis, we conducted a prospective, single-arm trial...
- Adenoma characteristics as risk factors for recurrence of advanced adenomasM E Martinez
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, P O Box 145024, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Gastroenterology 120:1077-83. 2001..We assessed whether the number, size, location, or histology of resected adenomas was related to the probability of recurrence of advanced lesions...
- p53 and VEGF expression are independent predictors of tumour recurrence and survival following curative resection of gastric cancerC Fondevila
Services of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Institut de Malalties Digestives, , , University of Barcelona Medical School, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Cancer 90:206-15. 2004....
- Recurrence after liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma: risk factors, treatment, and outcomesShimul A Shah
Department of Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Surgery 141:330-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors for the recurrence of HCC and to examine long-term outcomes after resection...
- Recurrence pattern of squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus after extended radical esophagectomy with three-field lymphadenectomySatoru Nakagawa
The Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Asahimachi dori 1 757, Niigata 951 8122, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 198:205-11. 2004..But even if this operation is performed, some patients still experience relapse of the disease. The purpose of this study was to clarify the pattern and timing of recurrence after extended radical esophagectomy...
- Posttraumatic growth following breast cancer: a controlled comparison studyM J Cordova
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, USA
Health Psychol 20:176-85. 2001..Research that has focused solely on detection of distress and its correlates may paint an incomplete and potentially misleading picture of adjustment to cancer...
- Phase III trial of ursodeoxycholic acid to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrenceDavid S Alberts
Department of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:846-53. 2005..We conducted a phase III, double-blind placebo-controlled trial of UDCA to evaluate its ability to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrence...
- Current treatment options in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansDoreen Lemm
Hämatologie Onkologie, Klinik fur Innere Medizin II, Universitatsklinikum Jena, Jena, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:653-65. 2009..With Imatinib, a selective PDGFR tyrosin kinase inhibitor, partial and complete remissions of DFSP could be achieved. This article reviews the current opinion and literature about DFSP and resulting therapy strategies...
- A comparison of the incidence and location of positive surgical margins in robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and open retropubic radical prostatectomyJoseph A Smith
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
J Urol 178:2385-9; discussion 2389-90. 2007..We evaluated the incidence and location of positive surgical margins in 200 sequential robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and 200 sequential open radical retropubic prostatectomy cases...
- Thymic tumorsFrank C Detterbeck
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7065, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1860-9. 2004..Preoperative chemotherapy appears to increase the rate of complete resection and survival of patients with a stage III or IVa thymoma and should strongly be considered in such cases...
- Improvement of metabolism among obese breast cancer survivors in differing weight loss regimensK L Catherine Jen
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Obes Res 12:306-12. 2004..To compare the efficacy of different weight loss regimens on body weight loss and metabolic improvement in breast cancer survivors...
- Indications for gastrectomy after incomplete EMR for early gastric cancerHideki Nagano
Department of Surgery, Cancer Institute Hospital, 3 10 6 Ariake, Koto ku, Tokyo 135 8550, Japan
Gastric Cancer 8:149-54. 2005..Although the number of patients with early gastric cancer (EGC) treated by endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR) has increased, the appropriate strategy for treating those with incomplete resection has not been established...
- Tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes predict sentinel lymph node positivity in patients with cutaneous melanomaRebecca C Taylor
Departments of Surgery, Biostatistics, and Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:869-75. 2007..The prognostic implications of TILs were re-evaluated in a large group of patients undergoing SLN biopsy at our institution...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancerH Charfare
Cambridge Breast Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Surg 92:14-23. 2005..It was then extended to operable breast cancer with a view to downstaging tumours to facilitate breast-conserving surgery. Increasingly, it is being considered as a treatment for earlier-stage disease...
- The modern abdominoperineal excision: the next challenge after total mesorectal excisionRoger Marr
Department of Histopathology, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Ann Surg 242:74-82. 2005..Examine the cause of local recurrence (LR) and patient survival (S) following abdominoperineal resection (APR) and anterior resection (AR) for rectal carcinoma and the effect of introduction of total mesorectal excision (TME) on APR...
- Oncological outcomes after total mesorectal excision for cure for cancer of the lower rectum: anterior vs. abdominoperineal resectionArne Wibe
Department of Surgery, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Dis Colon Rectum 47:48-58. 2004..This study was designed to examine the outcome of cancer of the lower rectum, particularly the rates of local recurrence and survival for tumors located in this area that have been treated by anterior or abdominoperineal resections...
- Treatment of liver metastases, an update on the possibilities and resultsT Ruers
Department of Surgery, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 38:1023-33. 2002..For patients with unresectable disease, many different chemotherapy schedules may be used based on systemic drug administration. Regional chemotherapy and isolated liver perfusion should only be used within a study design...
- Phase II trial of paclitaxel, fluorouracil, and cisplatin in patients with advanced carcinoma of the esophagusD H Ilson
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 16:1826-34. 1998..The antitumor response, toxicity, and survival of patients treated with the three-drug regimen were evaluated...
- The number of metastatic lymph nodes and the ratio between metastatic and examined lymph nodes are independent prognostic factors in esophageal cancer regardless of neoadjuvant chemoradiation or lymphadenectomy extentChristophe Mariette
Department of Digestive and Oncological Surgery, University Hospital C Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, Lille, France
Ann Surg 247:365-71. 2008....
- Local recurrence after radical prostatectomy: correlation of US features with prostatic fossa biopsy findingsA K Leventis
Scott Department of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine and The Methodist Hospital, 6560 Fannin, Ste 2100, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Radiology 219:432-9. 2001..Lesions in the retrovesical space, although less frequently encountered, had a high likelihood of representing cancer recurrence...
- Decreased tumor cell proliferation as an indicator of the effect of preoperative radiotherapy of rectal cancerG Adell
Division of Oncology, Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 50:659-63. 2001..Rectal cancer is a common malignancy, with significant local recurrence and death rates. Preoperative radiotherapy and refined surgical technique can improve local control rates and disease-free survival...
- Radiation therapy for loco-regionally recurrent esophageal cancer after surgeryK Nemoto
Department of Radiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo-machi 1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8574, Japan
Radiother Oncol 61:165-8. 2001..However, there is symptomatic relief in a significant proportion of such patients, and long-term survival is possible in some patients...
- Molecular signatures of noncancerous liver tissue can predict the risk for late recurrence of hepatocellular carcinomaTohru Utsunomiya
Cancer Clinical Cooperation Center, Tokushima University Hospital, l3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:146-52. 2010..These findings may have important implications for chemopreventive strategies and tailored surveillance programs. Furthermore, this approach may also be applicable to other multifocal tumors, such as head and neck carcinoma...
- Liver transplantation for malignant disease. Results in 93 consecutive patientsR J Polson
Liver Unit, King s College Hospital, School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, England
Ann Surg 207:373-9. 1988..Despite the overall high frequency of tumor recurrence in most categories of hepatic malignancy, liver transplantation gave worthwhile survival with a number of patients cured and in the others considerable palliation of symptoms...
- Molecular pathology and clinical characteristics of oligodendroglial neoplasmsCarol Walker
JK Douglas Laboratories, Bebington, Wirral, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 57:855-65. 2005..In this recently diagnosed unselected series, clinical differences in tumors with and without the -1p/-19q genotype support a genetic approach to aid diagnosis and prognostication for oligodendroglial neoplasms...
- Locoregional radiation therapy in patients with high-risk breast cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy: 20-year results of the British Columbia randomized trialJoseph Ragaz
McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Ave, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3A 1A1
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:116-26. 2005..We report the analysis of data from the 20-year follow-up...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: treatment and outcome of 214 casesMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:969-78. 2008..Two hundred and fourteen patients with benign giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB), treated from 1980 to 2007 at the Department of Orthopedics of the University of Muenster (Germany), were analyzed in a retrospective study...
- The clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic significance of triple-negativity in node-negative breast cancerJiyoung Rhee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 8:307. 2008..We investigated the clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic indicators of lymph node-negative TN breast cancer...
- Long-term risk of breast cancer recurrence: the need for extended adjuvant therapyManfred Kaufmann
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:487-94. 2005..That trial, MA.17, evaluated letrozole as extended adjuvant treatment following standard adjuvant tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with predominantly estrogen receptor--and/or progesterone receptor--positive early breast cancer...
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- DCIS--MAMMOGRAPHIC FEATURES AND PROGNOSISLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Study 60 patients treated with either the best delivery-optimized motion corrected plan from Aim 2 or PWTF and compare plans using heart and lung metrics. ..
- Regional AGT Depeltion of CNS and Leptomeningeal TumorsHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..To define the role of intrathecal AGT inhibitors in enhancing system or intrathecal temozolomide therapy of neoplastic meningitis. ..
- 7T Translational MRI SystemALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..We list 24 funded projects in support of this additional instrumentation. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MR Dynamic Imaging and Spectroscopy in Head & Neck CancersAMITA DAVE; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, it will provide an a priori predictor of failure/response to chemotherapy and/or long term disease free-survival, resulting in patient specific treatment which will likely enhance outcome. ..
- SMOKING & GENETIC INTERACTION IN BREAST CANCER ETIOLOGYTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2004..The second study would collect buccal swabs from participants in the study of adjuvant tamoxifen therapy (Dr. Silliman PI). A similar analytic plan would be conducted, but with a case-only design. ..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..It can also be applied, through further research, to other types of cancers (e.g. lung, kidney, head and neck) that involve surgical resection of solid tumors. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IMRT in the Treatment of Node-Positive Breast CancerLori Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) Determine the effect of motion on static IMRT and PWTF dose distributions, and then correct/adjust for motion to determine the best delivery-optimized plan. ..
- A Phase 2 study of AZD2171 in Recurrent GlioblastomaTracy Batchelor; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Silicon Graphics Prism Extreme 128P/1TBALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Parenting To Prevent Problem BehaviorsJohn Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Depression & Adherence in Head and Neck CancerEileen Shinn; Fiscal Year: 2005..Pain, fatigue, and social support will be tested as mediators of the intervention's potential effect on depression levels. ..
- High Resolution PET Camera for Brain ImagingALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Placement of the HRRT in the proposed environment will provide a unique facility to advance brain imaging research that in turn will provide insights for a variety of illnesses and biomedical questions. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Novel Computational Framework for Individualized Clinical Decision-MakingNancy Lan Guo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will advance the computational modeling of human genome data in disease for clinical decision-making. ..
- Noninvasive assessment of tumor malignancyElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by gene polymorphisms and other drugsTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by genetic polymorphisms or drug interactions will help patients and physicians to make fully informed decisions about hormone therapy. ..
- Emotions in Medical Decision Making in Older AdultsWilliam Dale; Fiscal Year: 2008..Dale will build the necessary expertise for a career researching the role of emotions in medical decisions for older adults. ..
- 3D CEREBRAL VESSEL LOCATION FOR SURGICAL PLANNINGElizabeth Bullitt; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2008..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Temodar Resistance in CNS TumorsHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- GUANYLYL CYCLASE C IN BLOOD AND COLORECTAL CANCERScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will form the foundation for future trials utilizing GC-C to identify patients at risk for recurrence who might benefit from therapeutic intervention. ..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Pirfenidone in Children with PNs in NF1Roger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2006..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Short-term Training Program in Translational Cancer ReseScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GUANYLYL CYCLASE C AS A BI0MARKER FOR COLORECTAL CANCERScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Isothiocyanates, Limonene and Breast Cancer PreventionCynthia Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will provide the foundation for future phytochemical assessment, a critical gap in current cancer prevention-diet research. ..
- Biology of Headpin (a novel serpin) in Oral CancerGary Clayman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Progress in this area could lead to development of new molecular based targets for the management of oral cancer. ..
- PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CLINICAL TRIALS CONSORTIUMHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Therapy of Temodar plus O6-Benzylguanine in Malignant G*Jennifer Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ZD1839 Therapy of Glioblastoma MultiformeHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwDavid Rizzieri; Fiscal Year: 2004..These results will lead to future improvements in maximizing the anti-tumor effects of allogeneic therapy, hastening immunologic recovery, and minimizing the toxicity of this procedure. ..
- Hormones During Weight Loss in Breast Cancer SurvivorsCheryl Rock; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- PECAM-1'S INVOLVEMENT IN ANGIOGENESISHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DYSREGULATION OF DIFFERENTIATION IN RAS TRANSFORMED CELLMICHAEL TAINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN HUMAN INVESTIGATIONScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Upon completion of the program, trainees will be qualified to perform independent clinical research with certification through a Master's of Science in Human Investigation. ..
- Mammographic Density in a Multi-Ethnic CohortLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Enhancing the Safety of Research ParticipantsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers in Ovarian CancerElizabeth Swisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may identify new prognostic or diagnostic markers in ovarian cancer. Such markers could then be tested in prospective trials to determine their clinical utility. ..
- MRI DIFFUSION/PERFUSION MISMATCH IN HUMAN ACUTE STROKEALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Obesity and Outcomes After Early Stage Breast CancerJames Dignam; Fiscal Year: 2003..These investigations will provide valuable information for current patient management and insights into appropriate prospective interventions to improve breast cancer survivorship. ..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric oxide as a target for dietary intervention in colitisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this application is to provide the public some assurance that the dietary supplements gingko and ginseng, have the capacity to alleviate colitis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers for the Early Detection of Ovarian CancerMICHAEL TAINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The principle is that we clone epitopes reacting with IgG in patients sera and use them to detect antibodies in sera to discriminate cancer and healthy subjects and whether we can detect disease prior to standard diagnosis. ..
- Fiber and Colorectal Adenomas: A Pooling ProjectElizabeth Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2005..If it is found that certain groups may receive greater benefit from fiber, then public health recommendations can be made which target these groups and prevent the recurrence of colorectal adenomas. ..
- Better Breast Health for Korean American WomenHae Ra Han; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AGT DEPLETION FOR THERAPY OF CNS TUMORSJennifer Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- NABTC Member Intitution Grant (UCSF Project Leader)Susan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of this program is to more effectively treat patients with primary brain tumors, especially malignant glioma, with the purpose of increasing the duration and quality of survival. ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cancer Prevention by West African Medicinal PlantsMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have unique access to actual plants with purported anti-inflammatory activity used by actual traditional healers in West Africa. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- In Vivo Selection of Ligands for Targeted TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful completion of this clinical study will result in demonstration of a satisfactory safety profile and short peptides that bind selectively to tumor tissue. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) Use the structure-based, homologous analog and biased library approach to make educated designs to increase the affinity of the Grb7 ligands ..
- Breast cancer and HRT: genetic susceptibility within th*Kathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- FACTORS AFFECTING SURVIVAL OF YOUNG CANCER PATIENTSKathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mechanism of combined 'epigenetic therapy' in myeloid malignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE/HISTONE DEACETYLASE INHIBITIONSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2002..This will enable determination of the "molecular response rate" to this therapy and preliminary exploration of correlation between these molecular endpoints and clinical response. ..
- CaP Metastasis Biomarkers: Validation/Genomics/BiologyPamela Paris; Fiscal Year: 2009..von Eschenbach. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- An Epidemiologic Study of Lymph Node Evaluation in Colorectal Cancer PatientsBeth Virnig; Fiscal Year: 2007..Most CRC patient in the U.S. do not have an adequate node evaluation. This research will identify factors that affect the adequacy of lymph node staging in CRC so that improvements can be made. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adiposity Related Biomarkers and Breast Tumor SizeKathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2002..Findings from this study could begin to clarify a mechanism by which adiposity affects prognosis from breast cancer. ..
- Allogeneic T Cell Responses Against Renal Cell CarcinomaEdus Warren; Fiscal Year: 2008..3) Identify the genes encoding antigens recognized by RCC-reactive CD8+ T cell clones isolated from patients with metastatic RCC who exhibit tumor regression after nonmyeloablative HCT. ..
- Arsenic Trioxide in Primary Curative APL TherapySteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2008..Success of this trial will potentially be followed by the testing of regimen against more conventional and more extensive treatment for APL in a Phase III trial. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Breast cancer prognostic factors/pathobiologyKathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2009....