Genomes and Genes
local neoplasm recurrence
Summary: The local recurrence of a neoplasm following treatment. It arises from microscopic cells of the original neoplasm that have escaped therapeutic intervention and later become clinically visible at the original site.
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized study comparing breast-conserving surgery with radical mastectomy for early breast cancerUmberto Veronesi
Department of Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 347:1227-32. 2002..We conducted 20 years of follow-up of women enrolled in a randomized trial to compare the efficacy of radical (Halsted) mastectomy with that of breast-conserving surgery...
- Intratumoral T cells, recurrence, and survival in epithelial ovarian cancerLin Zhang
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
N Engl J Med 348:203-13. 2003..Although tumor-infiltrating T cells have been documented in ovarian carcinoma, a clear association with clinical outcome has not been established...
- Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trialsM Clarke
Clinical Trial Service Unit, Oxford, UK
Lancet 366:2087-106. 2005..To examine this relationship, collaborative meta-analyses were undertaken, based on individual patient data, of the relevant randomised trials that began by 1995...
- Paclitaxel plus platinum-based chemotherapy versus conventional platinum-based chemotherapy in women with relapsed ovarian cancer: the ICON4/AGO-OVAR-2.2 trialM K B Parmar
Lancet 361:2099-106. 2003..There is no agreed second-line treatment at relapse. We assessed paclitaxel plus platinum chemotherapy as such treatment...
- Preoperative radiotherapy combined with total mesorectal excision for resectable rectal cancerE Kapiteijn
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 345:638-46. 2001..2 percent in the surgery-only group (P<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Short-term preoperative radiotherapy reduces the risk of local recurrence in patients with rectal cancer who undergo a standardized total mesorectal excision...
- Breast-conserving treatment with or without radiotherapy in ductal carcinoma-in-situ: ten-year results of European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer randomized phase III trial 10853--a study by the EORTC Breast Cancer Cooperative Group andNina Bijker
Department of Radiation Oncology, Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 24:3381-7. 2006..We analyzed the efficacy of RT with 10 years follow-up on both the overall risk of local recurrence (LR) and related to clinical, histologic, and treatment factors...
- Risk factors contributing to early and late phase intrahepatic recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma after hepatectomyHiroshi Imamura
Division of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Hepatol 38:200-7. 2003..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to investigate factors to early and late phase recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Cancer control with radical prostatectomy alone in 1,000 consecutive patientsGerald W Hull
Department of Urology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
J Urol 167:528-34. 2002..We analyzed the long-term progression-free probability after radical retropubic prostatectomy in a consecutive series of patients with localized prostate cancer...
- Effective surgical adjuvant therapy for high-risk rectal carcinomaJ E Krook
Duluth Community Clinical Oncology Program, Minn
N Engl J Med 324:709-15. 1991..We designed a combination regimen to optimize the contribution of chemotherapy, decrease recurrence, and improve survival as compared with adjuvant radiation alone...
- Risk factors, prevention, and management of postoperative recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinomaR Tung-Ping Poon
Centre of Liver Diseases, Department of Surgery, The University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Ann Surg 232:10-24. 2000..To evaluate the current knowledge on the risk factors for recurrence, efficacy of adjuvant therapy in preventing recurrence, and the optimal management of recurrence after resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Selection criteria for repeat hepatectomy in patients with recurrent hepatocellular carcinomaMasami Minagawa
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Ann Surg 238:703-10. 2003..The purpose of this study was to evaluate prognostic factors in patients with recurrence after curative resection of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to identify selection criteria for repeat resection...
- A randomized trial of chemoradiotherapy and chemotherapy after resection of pancreatic cancerJohn P Neoptolemos
Department of Surgery, Liverpool University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 350:1200-10. 2004..The effect of adjuvant treatment on survival in pancreatic cancer is unclear. We report the final results of the European Study Group for Pancreatic Cancer 1 Trial and update the interim results...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy as reirradiation for locally recurrent head and neck cancerKwang Won Roh
Department of Radiation Oncology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 74:1348-55. 2009..We report early preliminary experience with CyberKnife radiosurgery (RS) as salvage treatment for locally recurrent head and neck cancer (HNC)...
- Factors affecting survival following local, regional, or distant recurrence from localized melanomaS J Soong
Biostatistics Unit, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294 3300, USA
J Surg Oncol 67:228-33. 1998..Approximately one third of all melanoma patients will experience disease recurrence. Factors that affect patient survival following local, regional, or distant first recurrences of localized melanoma are the subject of this investigation...
- A randomized controlled trial of radiofrequency ablation with ethanol injection for small hepatocellular carcinomaShuichiro Shiina
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Tokyo, Japan
Gastroenterology 129:122-30. 2005..Percutaneous radiofrequency ablation is a recently introduced treatment for hepatocellular carcinoma, whereas ethanol injection is now a standard therapy. We compared their long-term outcomes...
- Differentiation of recurrent glioblastoma multiforme from radiation necrosis after external beam radiation therapy with dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusion MR imagingRamon F Barajas
Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Radiology 253:486-96. 2009....
- Bleomycin-based electrochemotherapy: clinical outcome from a single institution's experience with 52 patientsLuca G Campana
Department of Oncological and Surgical Sciences, Istituto di Clinica Chirurgica Generale II, Policlinico Universitario, 6 degrees Piano Via Giustiniani 2, 33128, Padova, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:191-9. 2009..This benefit, although preliminary, deserves further assessment after a formal validation of the dedicated questionnaire...
- Ovarian cancer: strategies for overcoming resistance to chemotherapyRoshan Agarwal
Section of Medicine, Institute for Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 3:502-16. 2003..A better understanding of the mechanisms that underlie this drug resistance should allow treatment to be optimized, so that substantial improvements in the outlook for women with this disease can be achieved...
- Differences in risk factors for local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy or mastectomy for stage I and II breast cancer: pooled results of two large European randomized trialsA C Voogd
Eindhoven Cancer Registry, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 19:1688-97. 2001..Risk factors for local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapy and mastectomy were compared to define guidelines for the decision making between both treatments...
- Fractionated stereotactic radiosurgery for reirradiation of head-and-neck cancerKeith R Unger
Department of Radiation Medicine, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1411-9. 2010..We report our experience with reirradiation using fractionated SRS for head-and-neck cancer...
- Cancer of the ovaryStephen A Cannistra
Program of Gynecologic Medical Oncology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2519-29. 2004
- Molecular characterization of early-stage bladder carcinomas by expression profiles, FGFR3 mutation status, and loss of 9qD Lindgren
Department of Clinical Genetics, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Oncogene 25:2685-96. 2006..Furthermore, the presented data underscore FGFR3 receptor involvement in urothelial cell transformation as the presence of FGFR3 mutations has a major impact on the global gene expression profile of bladder carcinomas...
- Variability in the recurrence rate at first follow-up cystoscopy after TUR in stage Ta T1 transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder: a combined analysis of seven EORTC studiesMaurizio Brausi
Institute Sant Agostino, Estense, Modena, Italy
Eur Urol 41:523-31. 2002..To assess the variability between institutions in the recurrence rate at the first follow-up cystoscopy (RR-FFC) after transurethral resection (TUR) in patients with stage Ta T1 bladder cancer...
- The influence of lymph node metastasis in the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity, oropharynx, larynx, and hypopharynx: N0 versus N+Michael K Layland
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery and the Head and Neck Tumor Research Project of Barnes Jewish Hospital Foundation, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Laryngoscope 115:629-39. 2005..The study also compares the results of four different approaches to the treatment of the N0 neck...
- Factors associated with local recurrence after skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstruction for invasive breast cancerHeriberto Medina-Franco
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Ann Surg 235:814-9. 2002..To examine the incidence of local recurrence (LR) and factors associated with it in a population of patients who underwent skin-sparing mastectomy (SSM) and immediate reconstruction for invasive carcinoma...
- Local recurrence after hepatic radiofrequency coagulation: multivariate meta-analysis and review of contributing factorsStefaan Mulier
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Mont Godinne, Catholic University of Louvain, Yvoir, Belgium
Ann Surg 242:158-71. 2005..The purpose of this study was to analyze the factors that influence local recurrence after radiofrequency coagulation of liver tumors...
- Locoregional failure 10 years after mastectomy and adjuvant chemotherapy with or without tamoxifen without irradiation: experience of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology GroupA Recht
Joint Center for Radiation Therapy, Harvard Medical School, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Oncol 17:1689-700. 1999....
- Is the benefit of postmastectomy irradiation limited to patients with four or more positive nodes, as recommended in international consensus reports? A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c randomized trialsMarie Overgaard
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 82:247-53. 2007..A subgroup analysis of the DBCG 82 b&c trials was performed to evaluate the loco-regional recurrence rate and survival in relation to number of positive nodes...
- Extended abdominoperineal resection with gluteus maximus flap reconstruction of the pelvic floor for rectal cancerT Holm
Department of Surgery, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Br J Surg 94:232-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to report the technique and early experience of extended APR in a select cohort of patients...
- A population-based study on the management and outcome in patients with locally recurrent rectal cancerG Palmer
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institute, 171 76, Stockholm, Sweden
Ann Surg Oncol 14:447-54. 2007..The condition is difficult to cure and little is known on whether the prognosis for patients with locally recurrent tumours has changed over time. Few population-based studies have been performed...
- Twenty-year follow-up of a randomized trial comparing total mastectomy, lumpectomy, and lumpectomy plus irradiation for the treatment of invasive breast cancerBernard Fisher
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 5234, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1233-41. 2002..In 1976, we initiated a randomized trial to determine whether lumpectomy with or without radiation therapy was as effective as total mastectomy for the treatment of invasive breast cancer...
- Response to neoadjuvant therapy and long-term survival in patients with triple-negative breast cancerCornelia Liedtke
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030 1439, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1275-81. 2008..In this study, we compared response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and survival between patients with TNBC and non-TNBC...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- Single dose radiosurgical treatment of recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors and brain metastases: final report of RTOG protocol 90-05E Shaw
Department of Radiation Oncology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:291-8. 2000..To determine the maximum tolerated dose of single fraction radiosurgery in patients with recurrent previously irradiated primary brain tumors and brain metastases...
- Clinical features, mechanisms, and management of pseudoprogression in malignant gliomasDieta Brandsma
Department of Neuro Oncology, Daniel den Hoed Cancer Centre, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 9:453-61. 2008..Further research is needed to establish reliable imaging parameters that distinguish between true tumour progression and pseudoprogression or treatment-related necrosis...
- Breast cancer subtype approximated by estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER-2 is associated with local and distant recurrence after breast-conserving therapyPaul L Nguyen
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:2373-8. 2008..To determine whether breast cancer subtype is associated with outcome after breast-conserving therapy (BCT) consisting of lumpectomy and radiation therapy...
- Recurrence after liver resection for hepatocellular carcinoma: risk factors, treatment, and outcomesShimul A Shah
Department of Surgery, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Surgery 141:330-9. 2007..The purpose of this study was to identify risk factors for the recurrence of HCC and to examine long-term outcomes after resection...
- p53 and VEGF expression are independent predictors of tumour recurrence and survival following curative resection of gastric cancerC Fondevila
Services of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Institut de Malalties Digestives, , , University of Barcelona Medical School, Barcelona, Spain
Br J Cancer 90:206-15. 2004....
- Oncological outcomes after total mesorectal excision for cure for cancer of the lower rectum: anterior vs. abdominoperineal resectionArne Wibe
Department of Surgery, St Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
Dis Colon Rectum 47:48-58. 2004..This study was designed to examine the outcome of cancer of the lower rectum, particularly the rates of local recurrence and survival for tumors located in this area that have been treated by anterior or abdominoperineal resections...
- [Surgical resection versus percutaneous thermal ablation for early-stage hepatocellular carcinoma: a randomized clinical trial]Ming De Lu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:801-5. 2006....
- Adenoma characteristics as risk factors for recurrence of advanced adenomasM E Martinez
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, P O Box 145024, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Gastroenterology 120:1077-83. 2001..We assessed whether the number, size, location, or histology of resected adenomas was related to the probability of recurrence of advanced lesions...
- Relative cerebral blood volume values to differentiate high-grade glioma recurrence from posttreatment radiation effect: direct correlation between image-guided tissue histopathology and localized dynamic susceptibility-weighted contrast-enhanced perfusioL S Hu
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 30:552-8. 2009....
- Human papillomavirus type 16 is episomal and a high viral load may be correlated to better prognosis in tonsillar cancerHanna Mellin
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Centre Karolinska R8 01, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 102:152-8. 2002..In conclusion, HPV-16 is mainly episomal in tonsillar cancer. The viral load showed a wide distribution and the clinical outcome in our study was better when the HPV load was higher...
- Prospective study of wide excision alone for ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastJulia S Wong
Department of Radiation Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:1031-6. 2006..It has been hypothesized that wide excision alone with margins > or = 1 cm may be adequate treatment for small, grade 1 or 2 ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS). To test this hypothesis, we conducted a prospective, single-arm trial...
- Recurrence pattern of squamous cell carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus after extended radical esophagectomy with three-field lymphadenectomySatoru Nakagawa
The Division of Digestive and General Surgery, Niigata Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Asahimachi dori 1 757, Niigata 951 8122, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 198:205-11. 2004..But even if this operation is performed, some patients still experience relapse of the disease. The purpose of this study was to clarify the pattern and timing of recurrence after extended radical esophagectomy...
- Current treatment options in dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansDoreen Lemm
Hämatologie Onkologie, Klinik fur Innere Medizin II, Universitatsklinikum Jena, Jena, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:653-65. 2009..With Imatinib, a selective PDGFR tyrosin kinase inhibitor, partial and complete remissions of DFSP could be achieved. This article reviews the current opinion and literature about DFSP and resulting therapy strategies...
- Posttraumatic growth following breast cancer: a controlled comparison studyM J Cordova
Department of Psychology, University of Kentucky, USA
Health Psychol 20:176-85. 2001..Research that has focused solely on detection of distress and its correlates may paint an incomplete and potentially misleading picture of adjustment to cancer...
- A comparison of the incidence and location of positive surgical margins in robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and open retropubic radical prostatectomyJoseph A Smith
Department of Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
J Urol 178:2385-9; discussion 2389-90. 2007..We evaluated the incidence and location of positive surgical margins in 200 sequential robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and 200 sequential open radical retropubic prostatectomy cases...
- Phase III trial of ursodeoxycholic acid to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrenceDavid S Alberts
Department of Medicine, Arizona Cancer Center, College of Public Health, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:846-53. 2005..We conducted a phase III, double-blind placebo-controlled trial of UDCA to evaluate its ability to prevent colorectal adenoma recurrence...
- Molecular pathology and clinical characteristics of oligodendroglial neoplasmsCarol Walker
JK Douglas Laboratories, Bebington, Wirral, United Kingdom
Ann Neurol 57:855-65. 2005..In this recently diagnosed unselected series, clinical differences in tumors with and without the -1p/-19q genotype support a genetic approach to aid diagnosis and prognostication for oligodendroglial neoplasms...
- Liver transplantation for malignant disease. Results in 93 consecutive patientsR J Polson
Liver Unit, King s College Hospital, School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, England
Ann Surg 207:373-9. 1988..Despite the overall high frequency of tumor recurrence in most categories of hepatic malignancy, liver transplantation gave worthwhile survival with a number of patients cured and in the others considerable palliation of symptoms...
- Radiation therapy for loco-regionally recurrent esophageal cancer after surgeryK Nemoto
Department of Radiology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Seiryo-machi 1-1, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8574, Japan
Radiother Oncol 61:165-8. 2001..However, there is symptomatic relief in a significant proportion of such patients, and long-term survival is possible in some patients...
- Molecular signatures of noncancerous liver tissue can predict the risk for late recurrence of hepatocellular carcinomaTohru Utsunomiya
Cancer Clinical Cooperation Center, Tokushima University Hospital, l3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:146-52. 2010..These findings may have important implications for chemopreventive strategies and tailored surveillance programs. Furthermore, this approach may also be applicable to other multifocal tumors, such as head and neck carcinoma...
- Bevacizumab for recurrent malignant gliomas: efficacy, toxicity, and patterns of recurrenceA D Norden
Department of Neurology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center and Harvard Medical School, SW430B, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neurology 70:779-87. 2008..At recurrence some patients appear to develop nonenhancing infiltrating disease rather than enhancing tumor...
- Long-term risk of breast cancer recurrence: the need for extended adjuvant therapyManfred Kaufmann
Klinik fur Gynakologie und Geburtshilfe, J W Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:487-94. 2005..That trial, MA.17, evaluated letrozole as extended adjuvant treatment following standard adjuvant tamoxifen in postmenopausal women with predominantly estrogen receptor--and/or progesterone receptor--positive early breast cancer...
- The independence of intrinsic radiosensitivity as a prognostic factor for patient response to radiotherapy of carcinoma of the cervixC M West
Cancer Research Campaign Department of Experimental Radiation Oncology, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research
Br J Cancer 76:1184-90. 1997....
- Lumpectomy plus tamoxifen with or without irradiation in women 70 years of age or older with early breast cancerKevin S Hughes
Avon Comprehensive Breast Evaluation Center, Breast Ovarian Cancer Genetics and Risk Assessment Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Division of Surgical Oncology, Boston 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 351:971-7. 2004..In women 70 years of age or older who have early breast cancer, it is unclear whether lumpectomy plus tamoxifen is as effective as lumpectomy followed by tamoxifen plus radiation therapy...
- Ten-year outcomes in a population-based cohort of node-negative, lymphatic, and vascular invasion-negative early breast cancers without adjuvant systemic therapiesStephen K Chia
Division of Medical Oncology, Breast Cancer Outcomes Unit, British Columbia Cancer Agency, 600 West 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC Canada, V5Z 4E6
J Clin Oncol 22:1630-7. 2004..We assessed the 10-year outcomes in a population-based cohort of node-negative (N-) lymphovascular negative (LV-) early breast cancers diagnosed from 1989 to 1991 who did not receive adjuvant systemic therapy...
- Outcomes of surgery for dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansC K Chang
Department of Surgery, Naples Community Hospital, Naples, FL, USA
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:341-5. 2004..The local regional recurrence is up to 50%, emphasizing the need for wide margins for local control. A small fraction of DFSP may metastasize, but on histological examination such tumours have features of fibrosarcomas rather than DFSP...
- Giant cell tumor of bone: treatment and outcome of 214 casesMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:969-78. 2008..Two hundred and fourteen patients with benign giant cell tumor of bone (GCTB), treated from 1980 to 2007 at the Department of Orthopedics of the University of Muenster (Germany), were analyzed in a retrospective study...
- Prognostic factors in intraoral squamous cell carcinoma: the influence of histologic gradeDeepak Kademani
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1599-605. 2005....
- The prognostic significance of histological features in oral squamous cell carcinomaS R Larsen
Departments of Pathology, Odense University Hospital, Winsløwparken 152, Odense 5000, Denmark
J Oral Pathol Med 38:657-62. 2009..Different factors predict nodal metastasis, recurrence and survival in oral cancer. The aim was to assess the prognostic value of histological features related to the primary tumour...
- Pattern of recurrence after extended esophagectomy for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagusIoannis D Kyriazanos
Second Department of Surgery, Shimane Medical University, Izumo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:115-20. 2003..To further investigate the underlying mechanism of the systemic spread of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma...
- The clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic significance of triple-negativity in node-negative breast cancerJiyoung Rhee
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 8:307. 2008..We investigated the clinicopathologic characteristics and prognostic indicators of lymph node-negative TN breast cancer...
- Meta-analysis: evaluation of adjuvant therapy after curative liver resection for hepatocellular carcinomaP Mathurin
Service d Hepatogastroenterologie, Hôpital Claude Hurriez, CHRU Lille, France
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1247-61. 2003..To evaluate adjuvant modalities after curative resection for hepatocellular carcinoma using a meta-analysis of randomized and non-randomized controlled trials...
- A randomised phase II study on neo-adjuvant chemotherapy for 'high-risk' adult soft-tissue sarcomaE Gortzak
The Netherlands Cancer Institute/Antoni van Leeuwenhoekhuis, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 37:1096-103. 2001..Although not powered to draw definitive conclusions on benefit, but with an at least 7 year median follow-up, the results render it less likely that major survival benefits will be achieved with this type of chemotherapy...
- Locoregional radiation therapy in patients with high-risk breast cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy: 20-year results of the British Columbia randomized trialJoseph Ragaz
McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Ave, Montreal, PQ, Canada H3A 1A1
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:116-26. 2005..We report the analysis of data from the 20-year follow-up...
- Cutaneous angiosarcoma of the scalp: a multidisciplinary approachTimothy M Pawlik
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
Cancer 98:1716-26. 2003..Angiosarcoma is a malignant tumor of vascular endothelial cells that arises in the head and neck. It is a rare, difficult to treat, and lethal tumor...
- Recurrence following treatment of ductal carcinoma in situ with skin-sparing mastectomy and immediate breast reconstructionAldona J Spiegel
Department of Plastic Surgery, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 111:706-11. 2003....
- Prognostic significance of tumor regression after preoperative chemoradiotherapy for rectal cancerClaus Rodel
Department of Radiation Therapy, University of Erlangen, Universitatsstr 27, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Clin Oncol 23:8688-96. 2005..We assessed the impact of tumor regression grading (TRG) and its value in correlation to established prognostic factors in a cohort of rectal carcinoma patients treated by preoperative chemoradiotherapy (CRT)...
- A phase II study of extended low-dose temozolomide in recurrent malignant gliomasRaja B Khan
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuro Oncol 4:39-43. 2002..We conclude that the extended low-dose schedule of temozolomide is well tolerated in heavily pre-treated patients; however, our results do not support an improved rate of response or survival...
- Recurrences near base of skull after IMRT for head-and-neck cancer: implications for target delineation in high neck and for parotid gland sparingAvraham Eisbruch
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0010, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:28-42. 2004..Locoregional (LR) failures near the base of the skull, and their relationships to the targets in the high neck, were examined in a series of patients who underwent intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) for head-and-neck cancer...
- Weekly paclitaxel as second-line chemotherapy for advanced or recurrent gastric cancerShuichi Hironaka
Division of Gastrointestinal Oncology, Shizuoka Cancer Center, 1007 Shimonagakubo, Shizuoka, 411 8777, Japan
Gastric Cancer 9:14-8. 2006..We investigated, retrospectively, the antitumor effects and toxicity profiles of weekly paclitaxel for patients with metastatic or recurrent gastric cancer in clinical practice...
- Survival and recurrences after hepatic resection or radiofrequency for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients: a multivariate analysisMarco Montorsi
Department of General Surgery M M, P B, M D, E M, A s, University of Milano School of Medicine, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milano, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 9:62-7; discussion 67-8. 2005..This seems not to significantly influence the overall survival, probably because of a prompt and effective treatment of the recurrences themselves...
- Stereotactic radiosurgery plus whole-brain radiation therapy vs stereotactic radiosurgery alone for treatment of brain metastases: a randomized controlled trialHidefumi Aoyama
Departments of Radiology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
JAMA 295:2483-91. 2006..In patients with brain metastases, it is unclear whether adding up-front whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) to stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) has beneficial effects on mortality or neurologic function compared with SRS alone...
- Influence of a diet very high in vegetables, fruit, and fiber and low in fat on prognosis following treatment for breast cancer: the Women's Healthy Eating and Living (WHEL) randomized trialJohn P Pierce
Moores UCSD Cancer Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0901, USA
JAMA 298:289-98. 2007..Evidence is lacking that a dietary pattern high in vegetables, fruit, and fiber and low in total fat can influence breast cancer recurrence or survival...
- Prognosis after ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and locoregional recurrences in five National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project node-positive adjuvant breast cancer trialsIrene L Wapnir
National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project Operations Office and Biostatistical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2028-37. 2006..Locoregional failure after breast-conserving surgery is associated with increased risk of distant disease and death. The magnitude of this risk in patients receiving chemotherapy has not been adequately characterized...
- Radical perineal prostatectomy: cost efficient, outcome effective, minimally invasive prostate cancer managementMichael J Harris
Northern Institute of Urology, 1020 Sixth Street, Traverse City, MI 49684, USA
Eur Urol 44:303-8; discussion 308. 2003..This method of anatomic radical perineal prostatectomy has been developed to accomplish a minimally invasive method of achieving goals of disease control and preservation of genito-urinary functions...
- Antitumor activity of rapamycin in a Phase I trial for patients with recurrent PTEN-deficient glioblastomaTim F Cloughesy
Department of Neurology, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Med 5:e8. 2008..Small, molecularly focused clinical studies offer the promise of the early definition of optimal biologic dose and patient population...
- Small cell carcinoma of the urinary bladder. The Mayo Clinic experienceNicholas W W Choong
Division of Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 103:1172-8. 2005..Small cell carcinoma (SCC) of the urinary bladder accounts for 0.35-0.70% of all bladder tumors. There is no standard approach to the management of SCC of the urinary bladder...
- A national strategic change in treatment policy for rectal cancer--implementation of total mesorectal excision as routine treatment in Norway. A national auditArne Wibe
University Hospital Trondheim, Trondheim, Norway
Dis Colon Rectum 45:857-66. 2002..The Norwegian Rectal Cancer Project-initiated in 1993-aimed at improving the outcome of patients with rectal cancer by implementing total mesorectal excision as the standard rectal resection technique...
- Laparoscopy-assisted colectomy versus open colectomy for treatment of non-metastatic colon cancer: a randomised trialAntonio M Lacy
Department of Surgery, Institut de Malalties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Lancet 359:2224-9. 2002..Our study aimed to compare efficacy of LAC and open colectomy (OC) for treatment of non-metastatic colon cancer in terms of tumour recurrence and survival...
- Evaluation of 18F-FDG PET in patients with advanced, metastatic, or recurrent gastric cancerTakashi Yoshioka
Department of Clinical Oncology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
J Nucl Med 44:690-9. 2003..The aim of this study was to evaluate the visual diagnostic accuracy of (18)F-FDG PET for advanced, metastatic, or recurrent gastric cancer and to generate semiquantitative values for lesions...
- Radiotherapy does not compensate for positive resection margins in rectal cancer patients: report of a multicenter randomized trialC A M Marijnen
Department of Clinical Oncology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1311-20. 2003..Here we evaluate the effect of radiotherapy on local recurrence rates in patients with different CRM involvements...
- Impact of a higher radiation dose on local control and survival in breast-conserving therapy of early breast cancer: 10-year results of the randomized boost versus no boost EORTC 22881-10882 trialHarry Bartelink
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 25:3259-65. 2007..To investigate the long-term impact of a boost radiation dose of 16 Gy on local control, fibrosis, and overall survival for patients with stage I and II breast cancer who underwent breast-conserving therapy...
- Impact of pathological characteristics on local relapse after breast-conserving therapy: a subgroup analysis of the EORTC boost versus no boost trialHeather A Jones
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:4939-47. 2009..To investigate the long-term impact of pathologic characteristics and an extra boost dose of 16 Gy on local relapse, for stage I and II invasive breast cancer patients treated with breast conserving therapy (BCT)...
- Effect of the plane of surgery achieved on local recurrence in patients with operable rectal cancer: a prospective study using data from the MRC CR07 and NCIC-CTG CO16 randomised clinical trialPhil Quirke
Leeds University, Leeds, UK
Lancet 373:821-8. 2009..However, the contributions of surgery and radiotherapy to outcomes are unclear. We assessed the effect of the involvement of the circumferential resection margin and the plane of surgery achieved...
- Colorectal carcinoma metastases in liver: laser-induced interstitial thermotherapy--local tumor control rate and survival dataThomas J Vogl
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Frankfurt, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Radiology 230:450-8. 2004..To evaluate the local tumor control and survival data for magnetic resonance (MR) imaging-guided laser-induced interstitial thermotherapy (LITT) of colorectal liver metastases...
- The transcriptional repressor Snail promotes mammary tumor recurrenceSusan E Moody
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 8:197-209. 2005..In aggregate, our observations strongly implicate Snail in the process of breast cancer recurrence...
- A phase II study of capecitabine in patients with recurrent and metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma pretreated with platinum-based chemotherapyDaniel T T Chua
Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam PB 115, Hong Kong SAR, China
Oral Oncol 39:361-6. 2003..Capecitabine is an effective salvage regimen in patients with recurrent and metastatic NPC. Capecitabine as a single agent or in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents or treatment modalities should be further studied in NPC...
- Incidence and factors associated with recurrence patterns after intended curative surgery for gastric cancerChew Wun Wu
Department of Surgery, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Shih Pai, Taipei 112, Taiwan
World J Surg 27:153-8. 2003..It is conceivable that the patterns of recurrence and the times to recurrence provide a biological basis for clinical monitoring of patients with the aim of modifying therapeutic modalities...
- Prognostic significance of positive surgical margins in patients with extraprostatic carcinoma after radical prostatectomySankar J Kausik
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 95:1215-9. 2002..In the current study, the authors evaluated the impact of positive surgical margins as an independent predictive factor for prostate specific antigen (PSA) progression in patients with pT3a/b N0M0 carcinoma...
- Prognostic factors for survival in 676 consecutive patients with newly diagnosed primary glioblastomaGraziella Filippini
Unit of Neuroepidemiology, Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Carlo Besta, Via Celoria 11, 20133 Milan, Italy
Neuro Oncol 10:79-87. 2008..The benefit of second surgery at recurrence is uncertain, and new trials are needed to assess its effectiveness. Chemotherapy with PCV or temozolomide seems to be a reasonable option at tumor recurrence...
- Extent of liver resection influences the outcome in patients with cirrhosis and small hepatocellular carcinomaJean Marc Regimbeau
Department of Hepatobiliary and Digestive Surgery, Beaujon Hospital, University of Paris VII, Clichy, France
Surgery 131:311-7. 2002..However, the extent of the resection, which can be limited or anatomical (including the tumor and its portal territory), is controversial...
- Capecitabine monotherapy for recurrent and metastatic nasopharyngeal cancerDaniel Chua
Department of Clinical Oncology, PB 115, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, China
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:244-9. 2008..We conducted a retrospective review of patients who received capecitabine for recurrent and metastatic NPC to further evaluate its clinical benefits...
- Treatment options for recurrent giant cell tumors of boneMaurice Balke
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, 48149, Munster, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:149-58. 2009..The possible surgical procedures range from repeated intralesional curettage to wide resection...
- Postoperative anatomic and pathologic findings at CT following gastrectomyKyoung Won Kim
Department of Radiology and the Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Radiographics 22:323-36. 2002....
- The presence of a FLT3 internal tandem duplication in patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) adds important prognostic information to cytogenetic risk group and response to the first cycle of chemotherapy: analysis of 854 patients from the United KingP D Kottaridis
Department of Haematology, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Blood 98:1752-9. 2001..The suggestion is made that detection of a FLT3/ITD should be included as a routine test at diagnosis and evaluated for therapeutic management...
- Extracapsular spread. A significant predictor of treatment failure in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the tongueJ N Myers
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 92:3030-6. 2001....
- Results of the ATAC (Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination) trial after completion of 5 years' adjuvant treatment for breast cancerA Howell
Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
Lancet 365:60-2. 2005..Anastrozole should be the preferred initial treatment for postmenopausal women with localised hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer...
Research Grants143 found, 100 shown here
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Biobehavioral Responses to CancerBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION FOR WOMEN WITH BREAST CANCERBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Biobehavioral Responses to CancerBARBARA ANDERSEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Human Breast Cancer Stem Cell SurrogatesWENDY A contact WOODWARD; Fiscal Year: 2010..This approach could be used to select patients for individualized therapy using targeted sensitizing agents based on the proposed preclinical studies. ..
- Human Breast Cancer Stem Cell SurrogatesMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach could be used to select patients for individualized therapy using targeted sensitizing agents based on the proposed preclinical studies. ..
- Human Breast Cancer Stem Cell SurrogatesMassimo Cristofanilli; Fiscal Year: 2009..This approach could be used to select patients for individualized therapy using targeted sensitizing agents based on the proposed preclinical studies. ..
- Clinically-Integrated Randomized Trial of Radical ProstatectomyAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2008..We intend to pilot this methodology in a trial comparing modifications to radical prostatectomy. ..
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers in Ovarian CancerElizabeth Swisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may identify new prognostic or diagnostic markers in ovarian cancer. Such markers could then be tested in prospective trials to determine their clinical utility. ..
- Vitamin D in Prostate Cancer: Tumor Vasculature EffectsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Nipple Fluid Hormone Levels and Breast Cancer RiskSeema Khan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HPV-Specific, Immune Suppression in Patients with RRPVINCENT ROBERT BONAGURA; Fiscal Year: 2010..mild/moderate disease. These studies will identify immune system cells that inappropriately respond to HPV, help develop a therapeutic vaccine, and new strategies to treat patients with RRP. ..
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil E Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- Fiber and Colorectal Adenomas: A Pooling ProjectElizabeth Jacobs; Fiscal Year: 2005..If it is found that certain groups may receive greater benefit from fiber, then public health recommendations can be made which target these groups and prevent the recurrence of colorectal adenomas. ..
- Mechanism of combined 'epigenetic therapy' in myeloid malignanciesSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Parenting To Prevent Problem BehaviorsJohn Pierce; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- VEGF Function in B-CLLNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Does the VEGF/VEGF-R pathway(s) found in CLL B cells correlate with either clinical and/or critical biologic parameters in B-CLL? ..
- Tea Modulation of Colon CarcinogenesisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2010..Because RXRa loss involves impairment of regulatory gene networks, the impact of green tea reversal of this transcription factor's loss is significant. ..
- AGT DEPLETION FOR THERAPY OF CNS TUMORSJennifer Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Vitamin D in Prostate Cancer: Tumor Vasculature EffectsDonald Trump; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Pharmaceuticals and CancerLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our program provides a valuable mechanism to identify early signs of possible carcinogenic effects of the most commonly used medications or reassurance as to their safety in this regard. ..
- A Novel Computational Framework for Individualized Clinical Decision-MakingNancy Guo; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will advance the computational modeling of human genome data in disease for clinical decision-making. ..
- Modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by gene polymorphisms and other drugsTimothy Lash; Fiscal Year: 2006..Understanding the modification of tamoxifen effectiveness by genetic polymorphisms or drug interactions will help patients and physicians to make fully informed decisions about hormone therapy. ..
- RESEARCH TRAINING IN NEURO-ONCOLOGYHenry Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2008..This T32 application is designed to continue to train new adult and pediatric neuro-oncology physician-scientists who can lead future efforts in translational research in this field. ..
- Clinical and Molecular Studies of Novel Therapeutics in Malignant Brain TumorsTracy Batchelor; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- TRAINING PROGRAM IN HUMAN INVESTIGATIONScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Upon completion of the program, trainees are qualified to perform independent clinical research with certification through a Master's of Science in Human Investigation. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BGini Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI DIFFUSION/PERFUSION MISMATCH IN HUMAN ACUTE STROKEALMA SORENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Design and Validation of a Biomarker-enhanced System to Predict RCC ProgressionAlexander S Parker; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NABTC Member Intitution Grant (UCSF Project Leader)Susan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal of this program is to more effectively treat patients with primary brain tumors, especially malignant glioma, with the purpose of increasing the duration and quality of survival. ..
- MENTORING & ADVANCED RESEARCH TRAINING FOR WRHR SCHOLARSJonathan Berek; Fiscal Year: 2007..This cadre of Scholars will be among future leaders in women's reproductive health research in the United States. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- EGFR antisense DNA added to cetuximab and radiotherapy for head and neck cancerAthanassios Argiris; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our goal is to develop a novel, efficacious and safe combination therapy for advanced head and neck cancer that will be particularly suitable for elderly or frail patients who cannot tolerate chemotherapy. ..
- Magnetic Resonance Study of Chemotherapy-induced Liver ToxicityKRISTEN ZAKIAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..If successful, this work would provide a way for the doctor to make sure that the drug is not causing harm to the patient and therefore all patients undergoing this treatment for colorectal cancer would benefit. ..
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric oxide as a target for dietary intervention in colitisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this application is to provide the public some assurance that the dietary supplements gingko and ginseng, have the capacity to alleviate colitis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers for the Early Detection of Ovarian CancerMICHAEL TAINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The principle is that we clone epitopes reacting with IgG in patients sera and use them to detect antibodies in sera to discriminate cancer and healthy subjects and whether we can detect disease prior to standard diagnosis. ..
- Better Breast Health for Korean American WomenHae Ra Han; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Biology of Headpin (a novel serpin) in Oral CancerGary Clayman; Fiscal Year: 2003..Progress in this area could lead to development of new molecular based targets for the management of oral cancer. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- B-CLL Biology: Impact of Combination TherapyNeil Kay; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- FACTORS INVOLVED IN MALIGNANT BEHAVIOR OF HUMAN TUMORSLiliana Ossowski; Fiscal Year: 2000..The initial experiments will be performed in chick embryos, and whenever possible or necessary, confirmed in nude mice. ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 1999..Specifically, this work will produce lead compounds for drugs with great potential efficacy in the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- CHILDRENS NATIONAL MEDICAL CENTERRoger Packer; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- DNA METHYLTRANSFERASE/HISTONE DEACETYLASE INHIBITIONSteven Gore; Fiscal Year: 2000..This will enable determination of the "molecular response rate" to this therapy and preliminary exploration of correlation between these molecular endpoints and clinical response. ..
- GUANYLYL CYCLASE C AS A BI0MARKER FOR COLORECTAL CANCERScott Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Obesity and Outcomes After Early Stage Breast CancerJames Dignam; Fiscal Year: 2003..These investigations will provide valuable information for current patient management and insights into appropriate prospective interventions to improve breast cancer survivorship. ..
- FACTORS AFFECTING SURVIVAL OF YOUNG CANCER PATIENTSKathleen Malone; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- DYSREGULATION OF DIFFERENTIATION IN RAS TRANSFORMED CELLMICHAEL TAINSKY; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- DCIS--MAMMOGRAPHIC FEATURES AND PROGNOSISLaurel Habel; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- PECAM1 INVOLVEMENT IN ANGIOGENESISHorace Delisser; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Biology of Headpin (a novel serpin) in Oral CancerGary Clayman; Fiscal Year: 2004..Progress in this area could lead to development of new molecular based targets for the management of oral cancer. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Ultrastaging of Early Colon CancerAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Sentinel Node Versus Axillary Dissection in Breast CancerDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2004..3) Use the structure-based, homologous analog and biased library approach to make educated designs to increase the affinity of the Grb7 ligands ..
- Cancer Prevention by West African Medicinal PlantsMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have unique access to actual plants with purported anti-inflammatory activity used by actual traditional healers in West Africa. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract_text> ..
- Sentinel Node Versus Axillary Dissection in Breast CancerDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2000..abstract_text> ..
- Tea Modulation of Colon CarcinogenesisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2002..Furthermore, studies examining the effect of tea polyphenols on the growth of human colon adenocarcinoma cells that have high levels of COX-2 expression will be conducted. ..
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2001..This proposed approach may ultimately improve the selection of patients for adjuvant therapy following resection of early-stage colon cancer. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specifically, this work will produce lead compounds for drugs with great potential efficacy in the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- NIH PROMIS Statistical Coordinating Center(RMI)David Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..This collaborative effort will ensure the success of the PROMIS initiative. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2000..Specifically, this work will produce lead compounds for drugs with great potential efficacy in the treatment of breast cancer. ..
- Proapoptotic Therapy for B-cell Non Hodgkin's LymphomaAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- NIH PROMIS Statistical Coordinating Center(RMI)David Cella; Fiscal Year: 2007..This collaborative effort will ensure the success of the PROMIS initiative. ..
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- SOMATIC GENETIC CHANGES IN EARLY BREAST CANCERJoseph Geradts; Fiscal Year: 2005..Lastly, our study explores the utility of high resolution aCGH as a clinically useful assay. ..
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2002..This proposed approach may ultimately improve the selection of patients for adjuvant therapy following resection of early-stage colon cancer. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TARGETING BREAST CANCER WITH SMALL LIGANDSDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2005..3) Use the structure-based, homologous analog and biased library approach to make educated designs to increase the affinity of the Grb7 ligands ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- Tea Modulation of Colon CarcinogenesisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, studies examining the effect of tea polyphenols on the growth of human colon adenocarcinoma cells that have high levels of COX-2 expression will be conducted. ..
- Sentinel Node Versus Axillary Dissection in Breast Ca.David Krag; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2003..This proposed approach may ultimately improve the selection of patients for adjuvant therapy following resection of early-stage colon cancer. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2005
- OPTIMIZING RADIOIMMUNOTHERAPY FOR NON HODGKIN'S LYMPHOMAAjay Gopal; Fiscal Year: 2005..We anticipate that these interventions will ultimately enhance the prognosis for patients with relapsed lymphoma by increasing the response and survival rates, while simultaneously minimizing toxicities. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Node ANALYSISAnton Bilchik; Fiscal Year: 2004
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- In Vivo Selection of Ligands for Targeted TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2003..Successful completion of this clinical study will result in demonstration of a satisfactory safety profile and short peptides that bind selectively to tumor tissue. ..
- Tea Modulation of Colon CarcinogenesisMichael Wargovich; Fiscal Year: 2004..Furthermore, studies examining the effect of tea polyphenols on the growth of human colon adenocarcinoma cells that have high levels of COX-2 expression will be conducted. ..
- Sentinel Node Versus Axillary Dissection in Breast Ca.David Krag; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Targeted Enzymes for Prodrug TherapyDavid Krag; Fiscal Year: 2006..Successful completion of these experiments will result in demonstration of novel targeted effector molecules that bind selectively to tumors and activate cytotoxic prodrugs. ..
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..