Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neoplasms produced from tooth-forming tissues.
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- New findings and controversies in odontogenic tumorsAdalberto Mosqueda-Taylor
Health Care Department, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico, D F
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E555-8. 2008b>Odontogenic tumors comprise a heterogeneous group of lesions that ranges from hamartomas to benign and malignant neoplasms of variable aggressiveness...
- Relative frequency of central odontogenic tumors: a study of 1,088 cases from Northern California and comparison to studies from other parts of the worldAmos Buchner
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1343-52. 2006To determine the relative frequency of central odontogenic tumors in relation to all biopsy specimens and to one another in an oral pathology biopsy service and to compare the data with previous studies from different parts of the world.
- Comparison of angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumours, dentigerous cysts and ameloblastomasM Alaeddini
Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Oral Dis 15:422-7. 2009..The aim of the present study was to evaluate and compare angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumours, dentigerous cysts (DCs) and ameloblasomas using monoclonal antibody against CD34...
- Tumor angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumor assessed by using CD-105 antigenAmol Ramchandra Gadbail
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology, Sharad Pawar Dental College and Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
J Oral Pathol Med 40:263-9. 2011The purpose of this study was to assess and compare angiogenesis with proliferative activity in Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOT) and dentigerous cysts (DC) by using monoclonal mouse anti-human antibody against CD105 (endoglin).
- Recurrence rate of keratocystic odontogenic tumor after conservative surgical treatment without adjunctive therapies - A 35-year single institution experienceJudith A E M Zecha
VU University Medical Center VUmc Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Pathology, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 46:740-2. 2010....
- Immunohistochemical detection of amelogenin and cytokeratin 19 in epithelial odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Department of Oral Pathology, Tohoku University School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Dis 7:171-6. 2001Epithelial odontogenic tumors exhibit considerable histological variation and are classified into several benign and malignant entities...
- Odontogenic tumors: a review of 319 cases in a Nigerian teaching hospitalAkinola Ladipo Ladeinde
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:191-5. 2005This study sought to determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors in a Nigerian population and to compare these data with previous reports.
- The odontogenic keratocyst: a cyst, or a cystic neoplasm?T J Li
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 22 South Zhongguancun Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Dent Res 90:133-42. 2011..Since some advocate a more conservative treatment for OKCs, notably marsupialization and decompression, future treatment strategies may focus on molecular approaches and eventually reduce or eliminate the need for aggressive surgeries...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 1309 cases in a Chinese populationHai Yan Luo
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 22 South Zhongguancun Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing, PR China
Oral Oncol 45:706-11. 2009To determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in a Chinese population, files from the department of oral pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, were systematically reviewed for all OTs during ..
- Microvessel density in follicular cysts, keratocystic odontogenic tumours and ameloblastomasSafora Seifi
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dentistry, Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:351-6. 2011....
- Worldwide incidence of odontogenic tumorsRafael Linard Avelar
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Federal University of Ceara, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 22:2118-23. 2011The objective of the study was to determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in the world population, directing an epidemiologic profile to these lesions.
- Surgical treatment of odontogenic myxomaPaolo Boffano
Division of Maxillofacial Surgery, Head and Neck Department, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 22:982-7. 2011..There is no consensus about the surgical treatment of odontogenic myxoma. The aim of the current study was to present our experience and discuss the surgical management and outcome in 10 patients diagnosed with odontogenic myxoma...
- Calcifying epithelial odontogenic (pindborg) tumor of the mandible with clear cell component treated by conservative surgery: report of a caseYves Germanier
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1377-82. 2005
- Expression of odontogenic ameloblast-associated protein, amelotin, ameloblastin, and amelogenin in odontogenic tumors: immunohistochemical analysis and pathogenetic considerationsMarcelo Macedo Crivelini
Department of Pathology and Clinical Propaedeutic, Araçatuba School of Dentistry, Unesp University Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 41:272-80. 2012..for expression of amelogenesis-related proteins represents a powerful molecular approach to characterize odontogenic tumors and investigate their pathogenesis...
- A review of 318 odontogenic tumors in Kaduna, NigeriaEzekiel Taiwo Adebayo
Maxillofacial Unit, Department of Dental Surgery, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Nigeria
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:811-9. 2005To analyze 318 odontogenic tumors seen at a tertiary oral care center in Kaduna, Nigeria for comparison with findings in previous Nigerian and world records.
- Mandibular reconstruction using fresh frozen bone allograft after conservative enucleation of a mandibular odontogenic myxomaMassimo Albanese
Department of Surgery, Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 23:831-5. 2012..The use of fresh-frozen bone allograft, thanks to its osteoinductive and osteoconductive properties, may represent an optional choice for reconstruction of bone defects after jaw tumor removal...
- Cytokeratins in epithelia of odontogenic neoplasmsM M Crivelini
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, State University, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Dis 9:1-6. 2003..Cytokeratins 13 and 19 labelled squamous differentiation or epithelial cells near the surface epithelium, and CK7 had variable expression...
- Odontogenic tumors: a 5-year retrospective study in a Brazilian population and analysis of 3406 cases reported in the literatureRafael Lima Verde Osterne
Department of Pathology, Fortaleza University School of Medicine, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:474-81. 2011The objective of this study was to analyze the frequency and distribution of odontogenic tumors in Fortaleza, Brazil, and compare the findings with those reported in the literature.
- Perlecan-rich epithelial linings as a background of proliferative potentials of keratocystic odontogenic tumorMasayuki Tsuneki
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Tissue Regeneration and Reconstruction, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 37:287-93. 2008..sulfate (HS) proteoglycan, has been demonstrated in neoplastic conditions such as salivary gland tumors, odontogenic tumors, and oral carcinoma in situ...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumorElizabeth A Grasmuck
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134 5000, USA
Head Neck Pathol 4:94-6. 2010..These characteristics are reviewed in the setting of a typical presentation. The newly acknowledged neoplastic potential and its implications for treatment strategies are also discussed...
- Expression of Ki-67, p53 and p63 proteins in keratocyst odontogenic tumours: an immunohistochemical studyClarissa Araújo Silva Gurgel
Laboratory of Histopathology of the Gonçalo Moniz Research Center Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Mol Histol 39:311-6. 2008..To investigate the immunohistochemical expression of Ki-67, p53 and p63 in Keratocyst Odontogenic Tumours (KOTs) in order to contribute to the biological profile of this tumor...
- miR-15a/16-1 influences BCL2 expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsMarina Gonçalves Diniz
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 35:285-91. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether the transcription of miR-15a and miR-16-1 is altered in KCOTs and whether it is associated with BCL2 gene expression in such lesions...
- Clear-cell variant of calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor: clinical and radiographic characteristicsYakir Anavi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:332-9. 2003..Clear cells have been reported in approximately 8% of cases of calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor (CEOT). The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical and radiographic features of clear-cell CEOT (CCEOT)...
- Odontogenic epithelium: immunolabeling of Ki-67, EGFR and survivin in pericoronal follicles, dentigerous cysts and keratocystic odontogenic tumorsMárcia Gaiger de Oliveira
Graduate Program in Dentistry, Oral Pathology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Head Neck Pathol 5:1-7. 2011..epithelium by immunolabeling of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), Ki-67 and survivin in keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KOT), dentigerous cysts (DC), and pericoronal follicles (PF)...
- Cell proliferation and apoptosis in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsGláucia Cardoso Paixão Mateus
Oral Pathology Laboratory, School of Dentistry, Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E697-702. 2008Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KOTs), also known as odontogenic keratocysts, were recently classified as a benign neoplasia due to the aggressive clinical behavior...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor (odontogenic keratocyst): preliminary retrospective review of epidemiologic, clinical, and radiologic features of 261 lesions from University of TurinPaolo Boffano
Division of Maxillofacial Surgery, Head and Neck Department, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2994-9. 2010To analyze and discuss the demographic, clinical, and surgical aspects of 261 surgically treated keratocystic odontogenic tumors.
- Reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst as tumour. Impact on the odontogenic tumours prevalenceL A Gaitán-Cepeda
Oral Pathology Laboratory, Dental School, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Dis 16:185-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to establish the impact of the redefinition and reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst (OKC) as a tumour on the prevalence of odontogenic tumours (OT)...
- Odontogenic tumours in Istanbul: 527 casesV Olgac
Institute of Oncology, Department of Tumor Pathology and Oncological Cytology, Topkapi Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:386-8. 2006..The posterior mandible was the commonest site (n=184, 35%), followed by the premolar area of the mandible (n=98, 19%), and the anterior maxilla (n=84, 16%)...
- Characterization and management of the keratocystic odontogenic tumor in relation to its histopathological and biological featuresRui Amaral Mendes
Portuguese Catholic University, Viseu, Portugal
Oral Oncol 46:219-25. 2010..The key element for future management of KCOTs will probably be based on thorough knowledge of the biological basis of this tumor, thereby enabling a more tailored treatment approach...
- Nucleolar organizer regions in selected odontogenic lesionsBehnam Eslami
Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Dental Research Center of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:187-92. 2003..The present study aimed to assess the usefulness of argyrophilic nucleolar organizer regions (AgNORs) as quantitative criteria in the diagnosis of odontogenic cysts and tumors...
- PTCH1 and SMO gene alterations in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsL S Sun
Department of Oral Pathology, Hospital and School of Stomatology, Peking University, Haidian District, Beijing, PR China
J Dent Res 87:575-9. 2008Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs, previously known as odontogenic keratocysts) are aggressive jaw lesions that may occur in isolation or in association with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS)...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor: a retrospective study of 183 casesPatricia González-Alva
Division of Pathology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Japan
J Oral Sci 50:205-12. 2008..Pathological examination of KCOT is important to avoid misdiagnosis and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up...
- Disruption of Smad4 in odontoblasts causes multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors and tooth malformation in miceYuanrong Gao
Genetic Laboratory of Development and Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100071, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 29:5941-51. 2009Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) are cystic epithelial neoplasias with a high recurrence rate. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the initiation and progression of KCOTs are still largely unknown...
- Odontogenic tumours: a retrospective study of 1642 cases in a Chinese populationW Jing
No 14, 3rd Sec, Ren Min Nan Road, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, PR China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:20-5. 2007..4:1 and 1:4.0, respectively. Ameloblastoma and keratocystic odontogenic tumours, important indications of extensive surgical procedures, are not considered rare in this Chinese population, whereas odontoma is uncommon...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumour: reclassification of the odontogenic keratocyst from cyst to tumourJonathan Madras
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
J Can Dent Assoc 74:165-165h. 2008..Future treatment may involve molecular-based modalities, which may reduce or eliminate the need for aggressive surgical management...
- Benign tumours of orofacial region at Benghazi, Libya: a study of 405 casesR el-Gehani
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Al Arab Medical University, Benghazi, Libya
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 37:370-5. 2009..The purpose of this study was to systematically analyse the incidence of benign tumours of maxillofacial region within the Libyan population...
- Odontogenic tumors in an Iranian population: a 30-year evaluationNasrollah Saghravanian
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry and Dental Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Oral Sci 52:391-6. 2010..Although the prevalence of odontogenic tumors varies in different geographic sites, there are no reports in English on the relative frequency of ..
- Odontogenic myxoma--a case series and review of the surgical managementYoav Leiser
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rambam Medical Centre, Haifa, Israel
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 37:206-9. 2009..Since these neoplasms are rare in the oral cavity, the possible surgical management can be quite variable. Literature recommendation can vary from simple curettage and peripheral ostectomy up to segmental resection...
- Odontogenic tumors in Mexico: a collaborative retrospective study of 349 casesA Mosqueda Taylor
, , Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 84:672-5. 1997Reports about the frequency of odontogenic tumors are scarce, and diagnostic criteria used in the reports are not uniform...
- Odontogenic tumours, a collaborative retrospective study of 75 cases covering more than 25 years from EstoniaTiia Tamme
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Tartu, Tartu 51014, Estonia
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 32:161-5. 2004..4 million), and to compare their prevalence with the figures presented in similar reports from other countries...
- Recurrent keratocystic odontogenic tumor in the mandible: a case report and literature reviewHong Keun Hyun
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental Research Institute and BK21 Program, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:e7-10. 2009..Here we report a case of a 7-year-old patient with a recurrent keratocystic odontogenic tumor treated by marsupialization for normal development of the involved teeth...
- Central granular cell odontogenic tumor: a histopathologic and immunohistochemical studyAna Terezinha Marques Mesquita
Department of Dentistry, University of Diamantina, UFVJM, CEP 39100 000 Diamantina, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Ann Diagn Pathol 13:405-12. 2009..Ki-67 labeling index was 1.8%, whereas p53 was negative. These data confirm the benign nature of CGCOT, the association of OE with Langerhans cells, and a variable phenotype of the granular cells...
- Biological pathways involved in the aggressive behavior of the keratocystic odontogenic tumor and possible implications for molecular oriented treatment - an overviewRui Amaral Mendes
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Oral Oncol 46:19-24. 2010..Genetic and molecular research regarding odontogenic tumors, and KCOTs in particular, has led to an increasing amount of knowledge and understanding of their ..
- Molecular pathology of odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 35:65-74. 2006b>Odontogenic tumors are lesions derived from the elements of the tooth-forming apparatus and are found exclusively within the jawbones...
- Ameloblastoma, calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor, and glandular odontogenic cyst show a distinctive immunophenotype with some myoepithelial antigen expressionDita Gratzinger
Department of Surgical Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
J Oral Pathol Med 37:177-84. 2008..In the 1980s, an ultrastructural study identified a population of myoepithelial-like cells in calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor. Myoepithelial derived tumors have since been shown to have distinct immunohistochemical profiles...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 340 cases in a Brazilian populationAnacelia Mendes Fernandes
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 34:583-7. 2005The aim of this study was to determinate the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in a Brazilian population and to compare this data with previous reports.
- Hemangiopericytoma associated with multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors in an adolescent patient: a case reportRajdeep Brar
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, M M College of Dental Sciences and Research, Ambala, India
J Oral Sci 50:233-7. 2008..Here we present a case of hemangiopericytoma of the submandibular region with keratocystic odontogenic tumors in an adolescent patient.
- Radiographic examination of 41 cases of odontogenic myxomas on the basis of conventional radiographsJ Zhang
Department of Oral Radiology, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, 610041, China
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 36:160-7. 2007..The purpose of this article is to offer rare views of odontogenic myxomas and analyse the characteristics of the radiographic appearances...
- PTCH1 gene mutations in Keratocystic odontogenic tumors: a study of 43 Chinese patients and a systematic reviewYan Yan Guo
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 8:e77305. 2013..PTCH1, the gene responsible for NBCCS, may play an important role in sporadic KCOTs. In this study, we analyzed and compared the distribution pattern of PTCH1 mutations in patients with sporadic and NBCCS-associated KCOTs...
- Retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (WHO-type) in BraziliansB G Garcia
Department of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Minerva Stomatol 56:115-9. 2007..The purpose of this study is to present data on a series of peripheral odontogenic fibroma, WHO (World Health Organization)-type (POF), in Brazilians and to compare the results with previously reported studies...
- Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) and p53 protein expression in ameloblastoma and adenomatoid odontogenic tumorCarlos Augusto Galvão Barboza
Department of Morphology, Faculty of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Braz Dent J 16:56-61. 2005..The odontogenic tumors were grouped as follows: follicular ameloblastoma (n=7), plexiform ameloblastoma (n=4), acanthomatous + ..
- Extension of Pindborg tumor to the maxillary sinus: a case reportNooshin Mohtasham
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Oral Pathol Med 37:59-61. 2008..epithelial odontogenic tumor is a benign epithelial odontogenic lesion that accounts for less than 1% of all odontogenic tumors. It is most frequently seen in the posterior areas of the mandible...
- Odontogenic tumors: clinical and pathology study of 238 casesRafael Linard Avelar
Hospital Universitário Oswaldo Cruz
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 74:668-73. 2008b>Odontogenic tumors are neoplasms that develops exclusively in the gnathic bones; they originate from odontogenic tissues, by epithelial or mesenchymal proliferation, or both.
- Fresh-frozen human bone graft for repair of defect after adenomatoid odontogenic tumour removalLuís Guilherme Scavone de Macedo
University of Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cell Tissue Bank 10:221-6. 2009..Treatment was conservative and the prognosis was excellent. The patient has been followed-up for without recurrence. The use of fresh-frozen human bone graft can be a safe choice for reconstruction of the bone defects to treat AOT...
- Epithelial expression of SHH signaling pathway in odontogenic tumorsLu Zhang
Key Laboratory for Oral Biomedical Engineering of Ministry of Education, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Wuhan University, 237 Luo Yu Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430079, PR China
Oral Oncol 42:398-408. 2006..the protein distribution of SHH and its receptor PTC, SMO and transcription factor GLI1 in various odontogenic tumors. Odontogenic tumor tissues including 34 epithelial derived, 24 epithelial-mesenchymal derived, and 26 ..
- A retrospective analysis of peripheral odontogenic fibroma in an Iranian populationMojgan Alaeddini
Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2099-103. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the relative frequency of peripheral odontogenic fibroma (POdF) in an Iranian population and to compare the obtained data with previous reports...
- Central odontogenic fibroma: new findings and report of a multicentric collaborative studyAdalberto Mosqueda-Taylor
Oral Pathology and Medicine, Departamento de Atención la Salud, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana, Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 112:349-58. 2011..The aim of this study was to describe the clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of 14 cases of central odontogenic fibroma (COF), and the ultrastructural features of 2 of them...
- Molecular review of odontogenic myxomaCarolina Cavalieri Gomes
Department of Pathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Oral Oncol 47:325-8. 2011....
- Novel PTCH1 mutations in patients with keratocystic odontogenic tumors screened for nevoid basal cell carcinoma (NBCC) syndromeLorenza Pastorino
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e43827. 2012Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) are cystic tumors that arise sporadically or associated with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS)...
- Argyrophilic nucleolar organizer regions (AgNORs) in odontogenic myxoma (OM) and ameloblastic fibroma (AF)C Martins
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 30:489-93. 2001..05). These results suggest that the epithelial and mesenchymal components of AF may have similar cell proliferative activity. However, the cell proliferative index of this lesion seems to be higher than that of OM...
- Odontogenic tumors: a retrospective study of four Brazilian diagnostic pathology centersDaniela Otero Pereira da-Costa
PhD Pathology Graduate Program, Fluminense Federal University, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 17:e389-94. 2012This article presents the results of a retrospective study of the frequency and classification of odontogenic tumors recorded at four centers of diagnostic pathology in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumour of the maxilla: a case report with respect to immunohistochemical findingsReinhard E Friedrich
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Eppendorf University Hospital, University of Hamburg, Martinistr 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
In Vivo 25:259-64. 2011....
- Conservative management of keratocystic odontogenic tumors of jawsNurhan Guler
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Bagdat Cad No 238 Goztepe, Istanbul, Turkey
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:680397. 2012The aim of this study was to evaluate different surgical treatment methods for keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) and the outcome of those treatments over a 9-year period.
- Clinical, diagnostic and therapeutic features of keratocystic odontogenic tumors: a reviewM Jurisic
University of Belgrade, School of Dentistry, Belgrade, Serbia
J BUON 17:237-44. 2012Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) are benign but locally aggressive lesions of the gnathic skeleton with high propensity to recur following surgical treatment...
- Clinical manifestations and treatment for keratocystic odontogenic tumors associated with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome: a study in 25 Japanese patientsYasuyuki Shimada
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Department of Oral Restitution, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 42:275-80. 2013..Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) of the jaws are a common manifestation of this syndrome...
- Slow-growing gingival massYeshwant B Rawal
Biologic and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol 113:161-7. 2012..diagnosis included benign tumors and tumor-like lesions, including the pyogenic granuloma, peripheral giant cell granuloma, peripheral ossifying fibroma, giant cell fibroma, peripheral odontogenic tumors, and oral focal mucinosis.
- Diagnostically challenging epithelial odontogenic tumors: a selective review of 7 jawbone lesionsFumio Ide
Department of Pathology, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, 2 1 3 Tsurumi, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, 230 8501, Japan
Head Neck Pathol 3:18-26. 2009Considerable variation in the clinicopathologic presentation of epithelial odontogenic tumors can sometimes be confusing and increase the chance of misdiagnosis. Seven diagnostically challenging jawbone lesions are described...
- Malignant odontogenic tumors. A retrospective and collaborative study of seven casesAdalberto Mosqueda Taylor
Departamento de Atencion a la Salud, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Calzada del Hueso 1100, Col Villa Quietud, Mexico, D F 04960
Med Oral 8:110-21. 2003The frequency, clinico-pathologic features and outcome of malignant odontogenic tumors diagnosed according to the current WHO classification in three pathology services in Mexico City are presented...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor invading the right maxillary sinus: a case reportBinali Cakur
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
J Oral Sci 50:345-9. 2008..We present the case of a 23-year-old man with extensive KCOT and impacted third molar in the right maxillary sinus. The clinical, radiological, and histological features of this tumor and its surgical management are discussed...
- Odontogenic tumors in children and adolescents. A 15-year retrospective study in ArgentinaMarcela Guerrisi
Catedra de Anatomia Patologica, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E180-5. 2007There are few studies on bucco-maxillary lesions in children and adolescents, and reports on odontogenic tumors (OT) are scanty. Comparison among the available data is difficult due to differences in the criteria used in each study...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 120 cases in an Indian teaching hospitalA Varkhede
Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e895-9. 2011Studies on odontogenic tumors published from many parts of the world show a distinct geographic variation; however, there is little information available in the English-language literature on the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors ..
- Odontogenic tumors: analysis of 127 casesJ N Santos
Department of Pathology, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 15:308-13. 2001One hundred and twenty-seven cases of histologically confirmed odontogenic tumors were retrieved from a total of 5,289 oral and maxillary lesions diagnosed at the Division of Oral Pathology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, ..
- Co-expression of hepatocyte growth factor and c-met in epithelial odontogenic tumorsSopee Poomsawat
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Acta Histochem 114:400-5. 2012..has been demonstrated in various tumors, however, little is known about the role of HGF/c-met pathway in odontogenic tumors. The aim of this study was to characterize the expression of HGF and c-met in 30 ameloblastomas, 7 unicystic ..
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and their associated molecules in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Dis 12:163-70. 2006..bone morphogenetic protein (BMPs) and their associated molecules, in oncogenesis and cytodifferentiation of odontogenic tumors, the expression of these regulator molecules were analyzed in epithelial odontogenic tumors as well as in ..
- Comparative expression of RANK, RANKL, and OPG in keratocystic odontogenic tumors, ameloblastomas, and dentigerous cystsTarcília Aparecida da Silva
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, Dental School, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:333-41. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare the expression of nuclear factor kappaB (RANK), RANK ligand (RANKL), and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in odontogenic epithelial tumors and dentigerous cysts...
- Odontogenic tumors in Sri Lanka: analysis of 226 casesHiroyuki Okada
Department of Oral Pathology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Matsudo, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:875-82. 2007The purpose of this study was to analyze the relative prevalence of odontogenic tumors in Sri Lanka and compare it with prevalences reported for other countries.
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 250 cases in an Indian teaching hospitalG Sriram
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e14-21. 2008Studies on odontogenic tumors published from many parts of the world show a distinct geographic variation...
- Imaging characteristics of neoplasms and other lesions of the jawbones: part 1. Odontogenic tumors and tumorlike lesionsStavroula J Theodorou
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Clin Imaging 31:114-9. 2007b>Odontogenic tumors of the jawbones arise in the tissues of the odontogenic apparatus...
- Multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors associated with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome having distinct PTCH1 mutations: a case reportRyo Sasaki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:e41-6. 2010..Although multiple jaw tumors, such as keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs), are one of the most frequent complications in NBCCS, the molecular mechanism for how KCOTs develop ..
- Repair of an intrabony defect from an adenomatoid odontogenic tumorN M Blumenthal
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
J Periodontol 71:1637-40. 2000..AOT is a rare odontogenic tumor usually associated with unerupted teeth or dentigerous cysts, not periodontal defects. Clinical evaluation 6 months postoperatively revealed restoration of clinical attachment and periodontal health...
- Immunohistochemical detection and distribution of enamelysin (MMP-20) in human odontogenic tumorsT Takata
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Hiroshima University, Japan
J Dent Res 79:1608-13. 2000..Since this protease is thought to play important roles in tooth development, the evaluation of enamelysin in odontogenic tumors may aid our understanding of the histogenesis and cell differentiation of such lesions...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumour: immunohistochemical demonstration of transferrin, ferritin and alpha-one-antitrypsinH Takahashi
Department of Oral Pathology, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 30:237-44. 2001..Furthermore, we indicated that the formation of eosinophilic amorphous material was associated with type I and type II cells...
- Central granular cell odontogenic tumour: report of the first malignant case and review of the literatureAdriano Piattelli
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Oral Oncol 39:78-82. 2003..While the histogenesis of GCOT remains to be clarified, we document the existence of a malignant counterpart of this tumour and propose the name of malignant GCOT or granular cell odontogenic sarcoma for such entity...
- Computerized tomography findings and recurrence of keratocystic odontogenic tumor of the mandible and maxillofacial region in a series of 46 patientsSatu Apajalahti
Maxillofacial Radiology, Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:e29-37. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate the computerized tomography (CT) features of keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs). Another aim was to determine the recurrence rate of KCOTs during a mean follow-up of 4.7 years.
- Odontogenic tumors in Dakahlia, Egypt: analysis of 82 casesMohamed A Tawfik
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:e67-73. 2010This study was designed to analyze the frequency and distribution of different types of odontogenic tumors in Dakahlia, Egypt, and to compare them with various reports from other parts of the world.
- Assessment of computerized tomography density patterns of ameloblastomas and keratocystic odontogenic tumorsIêda Crusoé-Rebello
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:604-8. 2009..patterns of solid ameloblastomas (SA), unicystic ameloblastomas (UA), and sporadic and multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors (SK and MK, respectively)...
- A 4-year prospective study on epidemiology and clinicopathological presentation of odontogenic tumors in TanzaniaElison N M Simon
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:598-602. 2005This study, conducted between 1999 and 2003, included all patients with odontogenic tumors referred from all dental clinics and other health facilities in Tanzania to the only 4 referral centers...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors. The most recent literature review revealed that only 69 cases have so far been reported in the English literature, and ..
- Expression of extracellular matrix proteins in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumorsAna Miryam Costa de Medeiros
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:303-10. 2010..evaluated the expression of fibronectin, tenascin and type I collagen in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumors (AOTs) aiming to contribute with the comprehension of the differences in the biological behavior of these ..
- A comparative immunohistochemical analysis of COX-2, p53, and Ki-67 expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsRui Amaral Mendes
Portuguese Catholic University, Viseu, Portugal
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:333-9. 2011The aim of the present study was to investigate the association between the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOT) and more commonly used markers, such as p53 and Ki-67.
- Odontogenic ameloblast-associated protein nature of the amyloid found in calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumors and unerupted tooth folliclesCharles L Murphy
Human Immunology and Cancer Program, Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
Amyloid 15:89-95. 2008We have previously reported that the amyloid found in three patients with calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumors (CEOT) was composed of N-terminal fragments of a putative 153-residue protein specified by a gene designated FLJ20513 now ..
- Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the lower face at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Ghana--an eight year studyGrace E A Parkins
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Ghana Dental School, College of Health Sciences, Korle Bu, Accra, Ghana
World J Surg Oncol 5:48. 2007..We report results from a retrospective study spanning eight years on the frequency, clinical presentation, sites and character of lower face tumours seen in the main referral hospital in Ghana...
- Odontogenic tumours from two centres in Jamaica. A 15-year reviewC O Ogunsalu
Oral Disease Unit, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
West Indian Med J 52:285-9. 2003..4%, a male). Of all these tumours, only ameloblastomas recurred. Further research is required to explain the high incidence of ameloblastoma, and why it has a predilection for people of low socioeconomic status in Jamaica...
- Expression of basement membrane components in odontogenic tumorsSopee Poomsawat
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:666-75. 2007The objective was to characterize the expression of BMCs (laminins 1 and 5, collagen type IV, and fibronectin) in ameloblastomas, calcifying cystic odontogenic tumors (CCOTs), and adenomatoid odontogenic tumors (AOTs).
- The pattern of odontogenic tumors in a government teaching hospital in the southern Indian state of Tamil NaduBhawna Gupta
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital, Chennai, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:e32-9. 2010This hospital-based study was designed to provide demographic data on odontogenic tumors from the southern Indian population in the state of Tamil Nadu for comparison with pertinent series from other geographic regions.
- An analysis of oral and maxillofacial pathology found in adults over a 30-year periodA V Jones
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 35:392-401. 2006....
- Odontogenic tumors in Chile: a study of 362 casesGermán Ochsenius
Oral Pathology Referral Institute, Faculty of Odontology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Oral Pathol Med 31:415-20. 2002b>Odontogenic tumors are infrequent lesions. Thus, the review of a large number of cases becomes a necessity for both the pathologist and the clinician...
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Oral and maxillofacial tumours in north Jordanian children and adolescents: a retrospective analysis over 10 yearsT Al-Khateeb
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, PO Box 3030, Jordan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 32:78-83. 2003..The majority of benign tumours in the young are probably developmental rather than true neoplasms...
- Hamartomatous proliferations of odontogenic epithelium within the jaws: a potential histogenetic source of intraosseous epithelial odontogenic tumorsF Ide
Division of Pathology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Saitama, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 36:229-35. 2007..remnants of the enamel organ and dental lamina are the only histogenetic option for central epithelial odontogenic tumors. Curiously, incipient tumors or possible precursor conditions of residual odontogenic epithelium have rarely ..
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumors: an analysis of 67 cases in a Thai populationSomporn Swasdison
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:210-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the biologic profile of the adenomatoid odontogenic tumor (AOT) in a Thai population...
- Phenotype and Gene Expression in Odontogenic TumorsJOHN T WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previous studies show overexpression of and/or mutation of RAS genes in odontogenic tumors and the genesis of tumors in locations where stem cells are localized...
- MECH OF RAS MEDIATED APOPTOSIS BY INHIBITION OF NFKBCun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 1999..develop an array of mesenchymal and epithelial neoplasms including carcinomas of salivary glands and odontogenic tumors. The long- term objective of this application is to study the mechanism of ras- transformation of oral ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF THE AMELOGENIN GENESCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..This is a unique opportunity to study regulation of a sexually dimorphic gene that has a completely tissue specific pattern of expression. ..
- The Impact of Fluoride on the Rho Signaling Pathway and the Actin CytoskeletonCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..