Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neoplasms produced from tooth-forming tissues.
Publications229 found, 100 shown here
- Relative frequency of central odontogenic tumors: a study of 1,088 cases from Northern California and comparison to studies from other parts of the worldAmos Buchner
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, The Maurice and Gabriela Goldschleger School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1343-52. 2006To determine the relative frequency of central odontogenic tumors in relation to all biopsy specimens and to one another in an oral pathology biopsy service and to compare the data with previous studies from different parts of the world.
- The odontogenic keratocyst: a cyst, or a cystic neoplasm?T J Li
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 22 South Zhongguancun Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing 100081, PR China
J Dent Res 90:133-42. 2011..Since some advocate a more conservative treatment for OKCs, notably marsupialization and decompression, future treatment strategies may focus on molecular approaches and eventually reduce or eliminate the need for aggressive surgeries...
- Recurrence rate of keratocystic odontogenic tumor after conservative surgical treatment without adjunctive therapies - A 35-year single institution experienceJudith A E M Zecha
VU University Medical Center VUmc Academic Center for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Pathology, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Oral Oncol 46:740-2. 2010....
- Immunohistochemical detection of amelogenin and cytokeratin 19 in epithelial odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Department of Oral Pathology, Tohoku University School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Dis 7:171-6. 2001Epithelial odontogenic tumors exhibit considerable histological variation and are classified into several benign and malignant entities...
- New findings and controversies in odontogenic tumorsAdalberto Mosqueda-Taylor
Health Care Department, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Mexico, D F
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E555-8. 2008b>Odontogenic tumors comprise a heterogeneous group of lesions that ranges from hamartomas to benign and malignant neoplasms of variable aggressiveness...
- Cytokeratins in epithelia of odontogenic neoplasmsM M Crivelini
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, State University, Aracatuba, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Dis 9:1-6. 2003..Cytokeratins 13 and 19 labelled squamous differentiation or epithelial cells near the surface epithelium, and CK7 had variable expression...
- Odontogenic tumors: a review of 319 cases in a Nigerian teaching hospitalAkinola Ladipo Ladeinde
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:191-5. 2005This study sought to determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors in a Nigerian population and to compare these data with previous reports.
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor: a retrospective study of 183 casesPatricia González-Alva
Division of Pathology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Sakado, Japan
J Oral Sci 50:205-12. 2008..Pathological examination of KCOT is important to avoid misdiagnosis and provide appropriate treatment and follow-up...
- Expression of Ki-67, p53 and p63 proteins in keratocyst odontogenic tumours: an immunohistochemical studyClarissa Araújo Silva Gurgel
Laboratory of Histopathology of the Gonçalo Moniz Research Center Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Mol Histol 39:311-6. 2008..To investigate the immunohistochemical expression of Ki-67, p53 and p63 in Keratocyst Odontogenic Tumours (KOTs) in order to contribute to the biological profile of this tumor...
- Reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst as tumour. Impact on the odontogenic tumours prevalenceL A Gaitán-Cepeda
Oral Pathology Laboratory, Dental School, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Dis 16:185-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to establish the impact of the redefinition and reclassification of odontogenic keratocyst (OKC) as a tumour on the prevalence of odontogenic tumours (OT)...
- Cell proliferation and apoptosis in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsGláucia Cardoso Paixão Mateus
Oral Pathology Laboratory, School of Dentistry, Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 13:E697-702. 2008Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KOTs), also known as odontogenic keratocysts, were recently classified as a benign neoplasia due to the aggressive clinical behavior...
- Clear-cell variant of calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor: clinical and radiographic characteristicsYakir Anavi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tikva, Israel
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:332-9. 2003..Clear cells have been reported in approximately 8% of cases of calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumor (CEOT). The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical and radiographic features of clear-cell CEOT (CCEOT)...
- miR-15a/16-1 influences BCL2 expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsMarina Gonçalves Diniz
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Cell Oncol (Dordr) 35:285-91. 2012..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether the transcription of miR-15a and miR-16-1 is altered in KCOTs and whether it is associated with BCL2 gene expression in such lesions...
- Extension of Pindborg tumor to the maxillary sinus: a case reportNooshin Mohtasham
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Oral Pathol Med 37:59-61. 2008..epithelial odontogenic tumor is a benign epithelial odontogenic lesion that accounts for less than 1% of all odontogenic tumors. It is most frequently seen in the posterior areas of the mandible...
- Odontogenic tumors in Chile: a study of 362 casesGermán Ochsenius
Oral Pathology Referral Institute, Faculty of Odontology, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Oral Pathol Med 31:415-20. 2002b>Odontogenic tumors are infrequent lesions. Thus, the review of a large number of cases becomes a necessity for both the pathologist and the clinician...
- Hemangiopericytoma associated with multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors in an adolescent patient: a case reportRajdeep Brar
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, M M College of Dental Sciences and Research, Ambala, India
J Oral Sci 50:233-7. 2008..Here we present a case of hemangiopericytoma of the submandibular region with keratocystic odontogenic tumors in an adolescent patient.
- Nucleolar organizer regions in selected odontogenic lesionsBehnam Eslami
Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Dental Research Center of Iran, Tehran, Iran
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:187-92. 2003..The present study aimed to assess the usefulness of argyrophilic nucleolar organizer regions (AgNORs) as quantitative criteria in the diagnosis of odontogenic cysts and tumors...
- Characterization and management of the keratocystic odontogenic tumor in relation to its histopathological and biological featuresRui Amaral Mendes
Portuguese Catholic University, Viseu, Portugal
Oral Oncol 46:219-25. 2010..The key element for future management of KCOTs will probably be based on thorough knowledge of the biological basis of this tumor, thereby enabling a more tailored treatment approach...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumorElizabeth A Grasmuck
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134 5000, USA
Head Neck Pathol 4:94-6. 2010..These characteristics are reviewed in the setting of a typical presentation. The newly acknowledged neoplastic potential and its implications for treatment strategies are also discussed...
- Odontogenic tumors in an Iranian population: a 30-year evaluationNasrollah Saghravanian
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry and Dental Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
J Oral Sci 52:391-6. 2010..Although the prevalence of odontogenic tumors varies in different geographic sites, there are no reports in English on the relative frequency of ..
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor (odontogenic keratocyst): preliminary retrospective review of epidemiologic, clinical, and radiologic features of 261 lesions from University of TurinPaolo Boffano
Division of Maxillofacial Surgery, Head and Neck Department, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:2994-9. 2010To analyze and discuss the demographic, clinical, and surgical aspects of 261 surgically treated keratocystic odontogenic tumors.
- Odontogenic epithelium: immunolabeling of Ki-67, EGFR and survivin in pericoronal follicles, dentigerous cysts and keratocystic odontogenic tumorsMárcia Gaiger de Oliveira
Graduate Program in Dentistry, Oral Pathology, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Head Neck Pathol 5:1-7. 2011..epithelium by immunolabeling of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), Ki-67 and survivin in keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KOT), dentigerous cysts (DC), and pericoronal follicles (PF)...
- Odontogenic tumours in Istanbul: 527 casesV Olgac
Institute of Oncology, Department of Tumor Pathology and Oncological Cytology, Topkapi Capa, Istanbul, Turkey
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:386-8. 2006..The posterior mandible was the commonest site (n=184, 35%), followed by the premolar area of the mandible (n=98, 19%), and the anterior maxilla (n=84, 16%)...
- Disruption of Smad4 in odontoblasts causes multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors and tooth malformation in miceYuanrong Gao
Genetic Laboratory of Development and Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Institute of Biotechnology, Beijing 100071, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biol 29:5941-51. 2009Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs) are cystic epithelial neoplasias with a high recurrence rate. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying the initiation and progression of KCOTs are still largely unknown...
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumour: reclassification of the odontogenic keratocyst from cyst to tumourJonathan Madras
Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
J Can Dent Assoc 74:165-165h. 2008..Future treatment may involve molecular-based modalities, which may reduce or eliminate the need for aggressive surgical management...
- Odontogenic tumours: a retrospective study of 1642 cases in a Chinese populationW Jing
No 14, 3rd Sec, Ren Min Nan Road, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, PR China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:20-5. 2007..4:1 and 1:4.0, respectively. Ameloblastoma and keratocystic odontogenic tumours, important indications of extensive surgical procedures, are not considered rare in this Chinese population, whereas odontoma is uncommon...
- Odontogenic tumours, a collaborative retrospective study of 75 cases covering more than 25 years from EstoniaTiia Tamme
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Tartu, Tartu 51014, Estonia
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 32:161-5. 2004..4 million), and to compare their prevalence with the figures presented in similar reports from other countries...
- Odontogenic tumors in Mexico: a collaborative retrospective study of 349 casesA Mosqueda Taylor
, , Mexico City, Mexico
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 84:672-5. 1997Reports about the frequency of odontogenic tumors are scarce, and diagnostic criteria used in the reports are not uniform...
- Recurrent keratocystic odontogenic tumor in the mandible: a case report and literature reviewHong Keun Hyun
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Dental Research Institute and BK21 Program, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:e7-10. 2009..Here we report a case of a 7-year-old patient with a recurrent keratocystic odontogenic tumor treated by marsupialization for normal development of the involved teeth...
- Locally aggressive central odontogenic fibroma associated to an inflammatory cyst: a clinical, histological and immunohistochemical studyIñaki Cercadillo-Ibarguren
Oral Surgery and Implantology Department, Barcelona University Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 35:513-6. 2006..A cyst with an important inflammatory infiltrate was, moreover, observed...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 340 cases in a Brazilian populationAnacelia Mendes Fernandes
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 34:583-7. 2005The aim of this study was to determinate the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in a Brazilian population and to compare this data with previous reports.
- Worldwide incidence of odontogenic tumorsRafael Linard Avelar
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Federal University of Ceara, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
J Craniofac Surg 22:2118-23. 2011The objective of the study was to determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in the world population, directing an epidemiologic profile to these lesions.
- Diagnostically challenging epithelial odontogenic tumors: a selective review of 7 jawbone lesionsFumio Ide
Department of Pathology, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, 2 1 3 Tsurumi, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, 230 8501, Japan
Head Neck Pathol 3:18-26. 2009Considerable variation in the clinicopathologic presentation of epithelial odontogenic tumors can sometimes be confusing and increase the chance of misdiagnosis. Seven diagnostically challenging jawbone lesions are described...
- Malignant odontogenic tumors. A retrospective and collaborative study of seven casesAdalberto Mosqueda Taylor
Departamento de Atencion a la Salud, Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana Xochimilco, Calzada del Hueso 1100, Col Villa Quietud, Mexico, D F 04960
Med Oral 8:110-21. 2003The frequency, clinico-pathologic features and outcome of malignant odontogenic tumors diagnosed according to the current WHO classification in three pathology services in Mexico City are presented...
- Calcifying epithelial odontogenic (pindborg) tumor of the mandible with clear cell component treated by conservative surgery: report of a caseYves Germanier
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Switzerland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1377-82. 2005
- A review of 318 odontogenic tumors in Kaduna, NigeriaEzekiel Taiwo Adebayo
Maxillofacial Unit, Department of Dental Surgery, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Nigeria
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:811-9. 2005To analyze 318 odontogenic tumors seen at a tertiary oral care center in Kaduna, Nigeria for comparison with findings in previous Nigerian and world records.
- Imaging characteristics of neoplasms and other lesions of the jawbones: part 1. Odontogenic tumors and tumorlike lesionsStavroula J Theodorou
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, CA, USA
Clin Imaging 31:114-9. 2007b>Odontogenic tumors of the jawbones arise in the tissues of the odontogenic apparatus...
- Central odontogenic fibroma of mandible: a case report and review of the literatureJohn Spencer M Daniels
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King Fahd Central Hospital, Gizan, Saudi Arabia
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:295-300. 2004Central odontogenic fibroma is an extremely rare benign tumor, accounting for less than 0.1% of all odontogenic tumors. The most recent literature review revealed that only 69 cases have so far been reported in the English literature, and ..
- A 4-year prospective study on epidemiology and clinicopathological presentation of odontogenic tumors in TanzaniaElison N M Simon
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Muhimbili University College of Health Sciences, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:598-602. 2005This study, conducted between 1999 and 2003, included all patients with odontogenic tumors referred from all dental clinics and other health facilities in Tanzania to the only 4 referral centers...
- Odontogenic tumors in children and adolescents. A 15-year retrospective study in ArgentinaMarcela Guerrisi
Catedra de Anatomia Patologica, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E180-5. 2007There are few studies on bucco-maxillary lesions in children and adolescents, and reports on odontogenic tumors (OT) are scanty. Comparison among the available data is difficult due to differences in the criteria used in each study...
- Expression of bone morphogenetic proteins and their associated molecules in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Dis 12:163-70. 2006..bone morphogenetic protein (BMPs) and their associated molecules, in oncogenesis and cytodifferentiation of odontogenic tumors, the expression of these regulator molecules were analyzed in epithelial odontogenic tumors as well as in ..
- Odontogenic tumors in Sri Lanka: analysis of 226 casesHiroyuki Okada
Department of Oral Pathology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Matsudo, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:875-82. 2007The purpose of this study was to analyze the relative prevalence of odontogenic tumors in Sri Lanka and compare it with prevalences reported for other countries.
- Comparative expression of RANK, RANKL, and OPG in keratocystic odontogenic tumors, ameloblastomas, and dentigerous cystsTarcília Aparecida da Silva
Department of Oral Surgery and Pathology, Dental School, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:333-41. 2008..The aim of this study was to compare the expression of nuclear factor kappaB (RANK), RANK ligand (RANKL), and osteoprotegerin (OPG) in odontogenic epithelial tumors and dentigerous cysts...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 250 cases in an Indian teaching hospitalG Sriram
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:e14-21. 2008Studies on odontogenic tumors published from many parts of the world show a distinct geographic variation...
- Co-expression of hepatocyte growth factor and c-met in epithelial odontogenic tumorsSopee Poomsawat
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Acta Histochem 114:400-5. 2012..has been demonstrated in various tumors, however, little is known about the role of HGF/c-met pathway in odontogenic tumors. The aim of this study was to characterize the expression of HGF and c-met in 30 ameloblastomas, 7 unicystic ..
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 120 cases in an Indian teaching hospitalA Varkhede
Government Dental College and Hospital, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e895-9. 2011Studies on odontogenic tumors published from many parts of the world show a distinct geographic variation; however, there is little information available in the English-language literature on the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors ..
- Microvessel density in follicular cysts, keratocystic odontogenic tumours and ameloblastomasSafora Seifi
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dentistry, Babol University of Medical Sciences, Babol, Iran
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:351-6. 2011....
- Odontogenic tumors: a 5-year retrospective study in a Brazilian population and analysis of 3406 cases reported in the literatureRafael Lima Verde Osterne
Department of Pathology, Fortaleza University School of Medicine, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:474-81. 2011The objective of this study was to analyze the frequency and distribution of odontogenic tumors in Fortaleza, Brazil, and compare the findings with those reported in the literature.
- A comparative immunohistochemical analysis of COX-2, p53, and Ki-67 expression in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsRui Amaral Mendes
Portuguese Catholic University, Viseu, Portugal
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:333-9. 2011The aim of the present study was to investigate the association between the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) in keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOT) and more commonly used markers, such as p53 and Ki-67.
- Computerized tomography findings and recurrence of keratocystic odontogenic tumor of the mandible and maxillofacial region in a series of 46 patientsSatu Apajalahti
Maxillofacial Radiology, Department of Radiology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 111:e29-37. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate the computerized tomography (CT) features of keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs). Another aim was to determine the recurrence rate of KCOTs during a mean follow-up of 4.7 years.
- Tumor angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumor assessed by using CD-105 antigenAmol Ramchandra Gadbail
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology and Microbiology, Sharad Pawar Dental College and Hospital, Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
J Oral Pathol Med 40:263-9. 2011The purpose of this study was to assess and compare angiogenesis with proliferative activity in Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOT) and dentigerous cysts (DC) by using monoclonal mouse anti-human antibody against CD105 (endoglin).
- Odontogenic tumors in Dakahlia, Egypt: analysis of 82 casesMohamed A Tawfik
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 109:e67-73. 2010This study was designed to analyze the frequency and distribution of different types of odontogenic tumors in Dakahlia, Egypt, and to compare them with various reports from other parts of the world.
- Expression of extracellular matrix proteins in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumorsAna Miryam Costa de Medeiros
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:303-10. 2010..evaluated the expression of fibronectin, tenascin and type I collagen in ameloblastomas and adenomatoid odontogenic tumors (AOTs) aiming to contribute with the comprehension of the differences in the biological behavior of these ..
- Assessment of computerized tomography density patterns of ameloblastomas and keratocystic odontogenic tumorsIêda Crusoé-Rebello
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 108:604-8. 2009..patterns of solid ameloblastomas (SA), unicystic ameloblastomas (UA), and sporadic and multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors (SK and MK, respectively)...
- Comparison of angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumours, dentigerous cysts and ameloblastomasM Alaeddini
Dental Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Oral Dis 15:422-7. 2009..The aim of the present study was to evaluate and compare angiogenesis in keratocystic odontogenic tumours, dentigerous cysts (DCs) and ameloblasomas using monoclonal antibody against CD34...
- Multiple keratocystic odontogenic tumors associated with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome having distinct PTCH1 mutations: a case reportRyo Sasaki
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Institute of Advanced Biomedical Engineering and Science, Tokyo Women s Medical University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:e41-6. 2010..Although multiple jaw tumors, such as keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs), are one of the most frequent complications in NBCCS, the molecular mechanism for how KCOTs develop ..
- Keratocystic odontogenic tumor invading the right maxillary sinus: a case reportBinali Cakur
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Ataturk University, Erzurum, Turkey
J Oral Sci 50:345-9. 2008..We present the case of a 23-year-old man with extensive KCOT and impacted third molar in the right maxillary sinus. The clinical, radiological, and histological features of this tumor and its surgical management are discussed...
- Expression of odontogenic ameloblast-associated protein, amelotin, ameloblastin, and amelogenin in odontogenic tumors: immunohistochemical analysis and pathogenetic considerationsMarcelo Macedo Crivelini
Department of Pathology and Clinical Propaedeutic, Araçatuba School of Dentistry, Unesp University Estadual Paulista, Aracatuba, SP, Brazil
J Oral Pathol Med 41:272-80. 2012..for expression of amelogenesis-related proteins represents a powerful molecular approach to characterize odontogenic tumors and investigate their pathogenesis...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumour: immunohistochemical demonstration of transferrin, ferritin and alpha-one-antitrypsinH Takahashi
Department of Oral Pathology, Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 30:237-44. 2001..Furthermore, we indicated that the formation of eosinophilic amorphous material was associated with type I and type II cells...
- Repair of an intrabony defect from an adenomatoid odontogenic tumorN M Blumenthal
Department of Periodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60612, USA
J Periodontol 71:1637-40. 2000..AOT is a rare odontogenic tumor usually associated with unerupted teeth or dentigerous cysts, not periodontal defects. Clinical evaluation 6 months postoperatively revealed restoration of clinical attachment and periodontal health...
- Immunohistochemical detection and distribution of enamelysin (MMP-20) in human odontogenic tumorsT Takata
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Hiroshima University, Japan
J Dent Res 79:1608-13. 2000..Since this protease is thought to play important roles in tooth development, the evaluation of enamelysin in odontogenic tumors may aid our understanding of the histogenesis and cell differentiation of such lesions...
- Central granular cell odontogenic tumour: report of the first malignant case and review of the literatureAdriano Piattelli
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Oral Oncol 39:78-82. 2003..While the histogenesis of GCOT remains to be clarified, we document the existence of a malignant counterpart of this tumour and propose the name of malignant GCOT or granular cell odontogenic sarcoma for such entity...
- Odontogenic tumors: analysis of 127 casesJ N Santos
Department of Pathology, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 15:308-13. 2001One hundred and twenty-seven cases of histologically confirmed odontogenic tumors were retrieved from a total of 5,289 oral and maxillary lesions diagnosed at the Division of Oral Pathology, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, ..
- Odontogenic ameloblast-associated protein nature of the amyloid found in calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumors and unerupted tooth folliclesCharles L Murphy
Human Immunology and Cancer Program, Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
Amyloid 15:89-95. 2008We have previously reported that the amyloid found in three patients with calcifying epithelial odontogenic tumors (CEOT) was composed of N-terminal fragments of a putative 153-residue protein specified by a gene designated FLJ20513 now ..
- Expression of basement membrane components in odontogenic tumorsSopee Poomsawat
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:666-75. 2007The objective was to characterize the expression of BMCs (laminins 1 and 5, collagen type IV, and fibronectin) in ameloblastomas, calcifying cystic odontogenic tumors (CCOTs), and adenomatoid odontogenic tumors (AOTs).
- Tumours and tumour-like lesions of the lower face at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Ghana--an eight year studyGrace E A Parkins
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Ghana Dental School, College of Health Sciences, Korle Bu, Accra, Ghana
World J Surg Oncol 5:48. 2007..We report results from a retrospective study spanning eight years on the frequency, clinical presentation, sites and character of lower face tumours seen in the main referral hospital in Ghana...
- The pattern of odontogenic tumors in a government teaching hospital in the southern Indian state of Tamil NaduBhawna Gupta
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, Tamil Nadu Government Dental College and Hospital, Chennai, India
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 110:e32-9. 2010This hospital-based study was designed to provide demographic data on odontogenic tumors from the southern Indian population in the state of Tamil Nadu for comparison with pertinent series from other geographic regions.
- Odontogenic tumours from two centres in Jamaica. A 15-year reviewC O Ogunsalu
Oral Disease Unit, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies, St Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
West Indian Med J 52:285-9. 2003..4%, a male). Of all these tumours, only ameloblastomas recurred. Further research is required to explain the high incidence of ameloblastoma, and why it has a predilection for people of low socioeconomic status in Jamaica...
- Primary intraosseous odontogenic carcinoma with osteoid/dentinoid formationA Punnya
Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, S D M College of Dental Sciences, Dharwad 580009, Karnataka, India
J Oral Pathol Med 33:121-4. 2004..The tumour was characterized by sheets of pleomorphic round-to-ovoid cells and marked osteoid/dentinoid formation with foci of globular mineralization...
- Relative frequency of peripheral odontogenic tumors: a study of 45 new cases and comparison with studies from the literatureAmos Buchner
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Oral Pathol Med 35:385-91. 2006Peripheral (extraosseous) odontogenic tumors are rare, and reports in the literature have mainly been single case reports or a small series of cases...
- Central odontogenic fibroma interesting the maxillary sinus. A case report and literature surveyA Cicconetti
Department of Oral Surgery Medicine and Pathology, La Sapienza University of Rome, School of Dentistry, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:229-39. 2006..benign odontogenic tumor deriving from the dental mesenchymal tissue and accounting for less than 5% of all odontogenic tumors. This paper presents an aggressive histologically diagnosed central odontogenic fibroma (COF) in a 17-year-..
- Central odontogenic fibroma--report of a case and review of the literatureMarie Ramer
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Periodontal Clin Investig 24:27-30. 2002..With the addition of this case, a total of 68 cases of central odontogenic fibroma have thus far been reported in the English language literature...
- Molecular pathology of odontogenic tumorsH Kumamoto
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Oral Medicine and Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 35:65-74. 2006b>Odontogenic tumors are lesions derived from the elements of the tooth-forming apparatus and are found exclusively within the jawbones...
- Primary intraosseous carcinoma associated with impacted third molar of the mandible: review of the literature and report of a new caseT Shimoyama
Department of Oral Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, Kawagoe, Japan
J Oral Sci 43:287-92. 2001..However, delay in establishing the correct diagnosis followed by extraction without awareness of the carcinoma is know to adversely affect the prognosis...
- Case report of intra-osseous fibroma: a study on odontogenic and desmoplastic fibromas with a review of the literatureAtsushi Ikeshima
Department of Radiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, 2 870 1 Sakaecho nishi, Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Oral Sci 47:149-57. 2005..Based on the analysis of the reported literature cases, re-evaluation of the patients in our study revealed that case 1 could be classified as desmoplastic fibroma, while cases 2 and 3 were intra-osseous odontogenic fibromas...
- Ameloblastic carcinoma: case report and literature reviewSylvie Louise Avon
Faculty of Dentistry, Laval University, Cite Universitaire, Ste Foy, Quebec
J Can Dent Assoc 69:573-6. 2003..At the moment, there are too few reported cases to make a definite recommendation regarding treatment. Close periodic reassessment of the patient is mandatory...
- A case of multiple AOT-like jawbone lesions in a young patient--a new odontogenic entity?A Larsson
Department of Oral Pathology, Centre for Oral Health Sciences, Sunderby Hospital, Lulea, Sweden
J Oral Pathol Med 32:55-62. 2003....
- Rare peripheral odontogenic tumors: report of 5 cases and comprehensive review of the literatureFumio Ide
Department of Pathology, Tsurumi University School of Dental Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:e22-8. 2008..At this time, it remains to be determined whether the biologic behavior of PKCOT is the same as for KCOT. In view of the reported cases, a true extraosseous origin of PAOT and PAF, for the most part, is challenging...
- Sclerosing odontogenic carcinoma: a previously unreported variant of a locally aggressive odontogenic neoplasm without apparent metastatic potentialIoannis G Koutlas
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1613-9. 2008..We propose the name sclerosing odontogenic carcinoma. As current classifications of odontogenic tumors do not include such examples, it is important that pathologists become aware of this entity...
- Odontogenic myxoma: clinico-pathological, immunohistochemical and ultrastructural findings of a multicentric seriesGuillermo Martínez-Mata
Department of Oral Diagnosis Oral Pathology Section, School of Dentistry of Piracicaba, UNICAMP, Piracicaba, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
Oral Oncol 44:601-7. 2008..However, further investigations are needed to better understand the participation of these elements in this particular neoplasm...
- Msx and dlx homeogene expression in epithelial odontogenic tumorsBlandine Ruhin-Poncet
Laboratory of Orofacial Biology and Pathology Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, INSERM, UMR S 872, Team 5, Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 57:69-78. 2009Epithelial odontogenic tumors are rare jaw pathologies that raise clinical diagnosis and prognosis dilemmas notably between ameloblastomas and clear cell odontogenic carcinomas (CCOCs)...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor: a report of a rare case with recurrenceZhou Chuan-Xiang
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing, China
J Oral Pathol Med 36:440-3. 2007....
- An updated clinical and epidemiological profile of the adenomatoid odontogenic tumour: a collaborative retrospective studyHans Peter Philipsen
Edificio El Condor 30, Urb Guadalmina Alta, San Pedro de Alcantara, Spain
J Oral Pathol Med 36:383-93. 2007..Adenomatoid odontogenic tumour (AOT) is a benign odontogenic jaw lesion. The aim of this study was to update the biological profile of AOT...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumors: an analysis of 67 cases in a Thai populationSomporn Swasdison
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 105:210-5. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the biologic profile of the adenomatoid odontogenic tumor (AOT) in a Thai population...
- Odontogenic myxoma: review of the literature and report of 30 cases from South AfricaClaudia E E Noffke
Division of Maxillofacial and Oral Radiology, Oral Health Center, University of Limpopo, Medunsa Campus, Limpopo, South Africa
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:101-9. 2007..The purpose of the study was to analyze the clinical and radiographic features of central odontogenic myxomas (OM) of the jaws diagnosed over 23 years in a black South African patient sample...
- Odontogenic tumors: a study of 1309 cases in a Chinese populationHai Yan Luo
Department of Oral Pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, 22 South Zhongguancun Avenue, Haidian District, Beijing, PR China
Oral Oncol 45:706-11. 2009To determine the relative frequency of odontogenic tumors (OTs) in a Chinese population, files from the department of oral pathology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, were systematically reviewed for all OTs during ..
- Ameloblastic fibroma and related lesions: a clinicopathologic study with reference to their nature and interrelationshipYan Chen
Department of Oral Pathology, School and Hospital of Stomatology, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Oral Pathol Med 34:588-95. 2005..The aim of this study was to elucidate the nature and interrelationship of this group of lesions...
- Squamous odontogenic tumor versus pseudoepitheliomatous hyperplasiaLee J Slater
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:1177. 2004
- Expression of collagen XVIII and MMP-20 in developing teeth and odontogenic tumorsAnu Väänänen
Department of Diagnostics and Oral Medicine, Institute of Dentistry, University of Oulu, P O Box 5281, 90014 Oulu, Finland
Matrix Biol 23:153-61. 2004..In odontogenic tumors MMP-20 and collagen XVIII were co-localized in the enamel-like tumor matrix...
- Maxillary unicystic ameloblastomaC M Navarro
Department of Diagnosis and Surgery, Dental School of Araraquara, UNESP, Araraquara, SP, Brazil
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 33:60-2. 2004....
- Adenoid ameloblastoma with dentinoid: a case reportBrian L Evans
Department of Periodontics, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, New Orleans, LA 70119, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:583-8. 2004..The lesion recurred 3 times over a span of 16 years. A consultative review of all histological findings was done and the tumor was reclassified as an ameloblastoma...
- PTCH1 and SMO gene alterations in keratocystic odontogenic tumorsL S Sun
Department of Oral Pathology, Hospital and School of Stomatology, Peking University, Haidian District, Beijing, PR China
J Dent Res 87:575-9. 2008Keratocystic odontogenic tumors (KCOTs, previously known as odontogenic keratocysts) are aggressive jaw lesions that may occur in isolation or in association with nevoid basal cell carcinoma syndrome (NBCCS)...
- Ameloblastic fibroma of the anterior maxilla presenting as a complication of tooth eruption: a case reportN J McGuinness
Department of Orthodontics, Merlin Park Hospital, Galway, Ireland
J Orthod 28:115-8. 2001..Ameloblastic fibroma is a rare mixed odontogenic tumour, which is extremely uncommon in the anterior maxillary region. A case report is presented where failure of eruption of an upper central incisor was the presenting feature...
- Pericoronal squamous odontogenic tumor associated with an impacted mandibular third molar: a case reportJoseph E Cillo
Parland Memorial Hospital, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 9109, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:413-6. 2005
- Malignant odontogenic tumors: a 22-year experienceDavid Goldenberg
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 601 North Caroline Street, Baltimore, MD 21287 0910, U S A
Laryngoscope 114:1770-4. 2004Malignant odontogenic tumors are exceedingly rare and arise from odontogenic epithelial residues and odontogenic cysts in the jaw bones. Odontogenic malignancies have various origins...
- Odontogenic tumours in children and adolescents: a study of 78 Nigerian casesEzekiel Taiwo Adebayo
Maxillofacial Unit, Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Kaduna, Nigeria
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 30:267-72. 2002..To contribute to the records, a 20-year study of odontogenic tumours on the basis of the WHO classification (Kramer et al., 1992) in Nigerian African children and adolescents < or =18 years of age was undertaken...
- Hamartomatous proliferations of odontogenic epithelium within the jaws: a potential histogenetic source of intraosseous epithelial odontogenic tumorsF Ide
Division of Pathology, Department of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, Meikai University School of Dentistry, Saitama, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 36:229-35. 2007..remnants of the enamel organ and dental lamina are the only histogenetic option for central epithelial odontogenic tumors. Curiously, incipient tumors or possible precursor conditions of residual odontogenic epithelium have rarely ..
- Ameloblastic carcinoma: an analysis of 14 casesJames M Hall
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 103:799-807. 2007..To present the classifications of malignant ameloblastomas, provide histopathologic guidelines for the diagnosis of ameloblastic carcinoma, and discuss treatment and long-term follow-up...
- Immunohistochemical localization of amelogenin in human odontogenic tumors, using a polyclonal antibody against bovine amelogeninY Abiko
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Med Electron Microsc 34:185-9. 2001In the present study, we investigated the localization of amelogenin in odontogenic tumors, using an anti-amelogenin polyclonal antibody...
- Odontogenic cysts, odontogenic tumors, fibroosseous, and giant cell lesions of the jawsJoseph A Regezi
Oral Pathology and Pathology, Department of Stomatology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0424, USA
Mod Pathol 15:331-41. 2002..Several odontogenic tumors may provide diagnostic challenges, particularly the cystic ameloblastoma...
- Oral and maxillofacial tumours in north Jordanian children and adolescents: a retrospective analysis over 10 yearsT Al-Khateeb
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, PO Box 3030, Jordan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 32:78-83. 2003..The majority of benign tumours in the young are probably developmental rather than true neoplasms...
- Phenotype and Gene Expression in Odontogenic TumorsJohn Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007..Previous studies show overexpression of and/or mutation of RAS genes in odontogenic tumors and the genesis of tumors in locations where stem cells are localized...
- Phenotype and Gene Expression in Odontogenic TumorsJOHN T WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2010..Previous studies show overexpression of and/or mutation of RAS genes in odontogenic tumors and the genesis of tumors in locations where stem cells are localized...
- WNT signals in developing and postnatal teethSarah Millar; Fiscal Year: 2007..signaling is sufficient to induce expression of Eda and Pitx2, initiate tooth development, induce odontogenic tumors, or regulate the activity of incisor tooth ameloblast precursors...
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF THE AMELOGENIN GENESCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 1993..In addition, we plan to evaluate certain human odontogenic tumors for expression of amelogenin mRNA, in order to clone human cDNAs to determine whether the human Y-linked ..
- The Impact of Fluoride on the Rho Signaling Pathway and the Actin CytoskeletonCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..A better understanding of the health-related benefits and problems associated with environmental fluoride will lead to more informed policy decisions and fundamental knowledge about the impact of this environmental agent. ..
- ENAMEL MINERAL FORMATION DURING MURINE ODONTOGENESISCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mouse models mimic the human defects and can be used to correlate individual gene mutations with appropriate clinical intervention. ..
- ENAMEL MINERAL FORMATION DURING MURINE ODONTOGENESISCarolyn W Gibson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mouse models mimic the human defects and can be used to correlate individual gene mutations with appropriate clinical intervention. ..
- The Role of Semaphorin 4D and Plexin-B1 in Tumor-Induced Angiogenesis.John Basile; Fiscal Year: 2009..If successful, our proposed project may uncover an important mechanism for tumor-induced angiogenesis, thereby presenting new targets for the development of anti- angiogenic therapies for the management of aggressive tumors. ..
- ENAMEL MINERAL FORMATION DURING MURINE ODONTOGENESISCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mouse models mimic the human defects and can be used to correlate individual gene mutations with appropriate clinical intervention. ..
- REGULATION OF EXPRESSION OF THE AMELOGENIN GENESCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2001..This is a unique opportunity to study regulation of a sexually dimorphic gene that has a completely tissue specific pattern of expression. ..
- ENAMEL MINERAL FORMATION DURING MURINE ODONTOGENESISCAROLYN GIBSON; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) to evaluate LRAP for signal function in vivo and in vitro; and (4) to ascertain additional consequences of absence of amelogenin in maturative ameloblasts, in reparative dentin and during accelerated eruption ..
- The Role of Semaphorin 4D and Plexin-B1 in Tumor-Induced Angiogenesis.John R Basile; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, our proposed project may uncover an important mechanism for tumor-induced angiogenesis, thereby presenting new targets for the development of anti- angiogenic therapies for the management of aggressive tumors. ..