Genomes and Genes
Summary: A relatively common neoplasm of the CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that arises from arachnoidal cells. The majority are well differentiated vascular tumors which grow slowly and have a low potential to be invasive, although malignant subtypes occur. Meningiomas have a predilection to arise from the parasagittal region, cerebral convexity, sphenoidal ridge, olfactory groove, and SPINAL CANAL. (From DeVita et al., Cancer: Principles and Practice of Oncology, 5th ed, pp2056-7)
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications458 found, 100 shown here
- Tuberculum sellae meningioma: a report on management on the basis of a surgical experience with 70 patientsAtul Goel
Department of Neurosurgery, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Parel, Bombay, India
Neurosurgery 51:1358-63; discussion 1363-4. 2002The surgical strategies and outcomes for 70 patients operated on for tuberculum sellae meningioma were analyzed retrospectively...
- Pathological classification and molecular genetics of meningiomasChristian Mawrin
Department of Neuropathology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Strasse 44, Magdeburg, Germany
J Neurooncol 99:379-91. 2010..Early stages of meningioma tumorigenesis are closely linked to inactivation of one or more members of the 4...
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms and risk of adult meningioma, glioma, and acoustic neuromaPreetha Rajaraman
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, DHHS, Bethesda, MD 20892 7238, USA
Neuro Oncol 12:37-48. 2010..Altered DNA repair is also likely to affect the risk of meningioma and acoustic neuroma, but these tumors have not been well studied...
- Maternally expressed gene 3, an imprinted noncoding RNA gene, is associated with meningioma pathogenesis and progressionXun Zhang
Neuroendocrine Unit and Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer Res 70:2350-8. 2010..The chromosomal abnormalities of 14q32 are often associated with meningioma pathogenesis and progression; therefore, it has been proposed that an as yet unidentified tumor suppressor is ..
- Genomic analysis of non-NF2 meningiomas reveals mutations in TRAF7, KLF4, AKT1, and SMOVictoria E Clark
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale Program in Brain Tumor Research, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Science 339:1077-80. 2013..Collectively, these findings identify distinct meningioma subtypes, suggesting avenues for targeted therapeutics.
- INI1 mutations in meningiomas at a potential hotspot in exon 9U Schmitz
Department of Neuropathology, , Humboldt University, Berlin, 13353, Germany
Br J Cancer 84:199-201. 2001..In addition, 4 novel polymorphisms of INI1 were characterized. Our data indicate that the INI1 is a second tumour suppressor gene on chromosome 22 that may be important for the genesis of meningiomas...
- Molecular pathogenesis of meningiomasArie Perry
Division of Neuropathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
J Neurooncol 70:183-202. 2004..This review summarizes the most important features of meningioma pathology and provides an up-to-date overview about the molecular mechanisms involved in meningioma initiation ..
- Risk factors for meningioma in postmenopausal women: results from the Iowa Women's Health StudyDerek R Johnson
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:1011-9. 2011Few risk factors for meningioma, aside from increasing age and female sex, have been identified. We investigated risk factors for meningioma in elderly women, a group with a high incidence...
- [68Ga]-DOTATOC-PET/CT for meningioma IMRT treatment planningBarbara Gehler
Department of Radiation Oncology, LMU Munchen, Marchioninistr, 15, 81377 Munchen, Germany
Radiat Oncol 4:56. 2009The observation that human meningioma cells strongly express somatostatin receptor (SSTR 2) was the rationale to analyze retrospectively in how far DOTATOC PET/CT is helpful to improve target volume delineation for intensity modulated ..
- Lifestyle factors and primary glioma and meningioma tumours in the Million Women Study cohortV S Benson
Cancer Epidemiology Unit, Nuffield Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Br J Cancer 99:185-90. 2008..inconsistent results on the effect of anthropometric and lifestyle factors on the risk of developing glioma or meningioma tumours. A prospective cohort of 1.3 million middle-aged women was used to examine these relationships. During 7...
- Epidemiology and etiology of meningiomaJoseph Wiemels
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California San Francisco, Helen Diller Cancer Research Building, MC 0520, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
J Neurooncol 99:307-14. 2010..Inherited susceptibility to meningioma is suggested both by family history and candidate gene studies in DNA repair genes...
- Germline BAP1 mutation predisposes to uveal melanoma, lung adenocarcinoma, meningioma, and other cancersMohamed H Abdel-Rahman
Department of Ophthalmology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
J Med Genet 48:856-9. 2011..To investigate the potential contribution of germline sequence alterations in the BAP1 gene in uveal melanoma (UM) patients with possible predisposition to hereditary cancer...
- Cellular-telephone use and brain tumorsP D Inskip
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Program, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 344:79-86. 2001..If such a risk does exist, the matter would be of considerable public health importance, given the rapid increase worldwide in the use of these devices...
- The role of diffusion-weighted imaging in patients with brain tumorsK Kono
Department of Radiology, Izumi Municipal Hospital, Izumi-shi, Osaka, Japan
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1081-8. 2001..77) and meningiomas (r = -.67). CONCLUSION: The ADC may predict the degree of malignancy of astrocytic tumors, although there is some overlap between ADCs of grade II astrocytomas and glioblastomas...
- Early recurrence of benign meningioma correlates with expression of mini-chromosome maintenance-2 proteinD P J Hunt
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, UK
Br J Neurosurg 16:10-5. 2002..potential utility of monoclonal antibodies against mini-chromosome maintenance-2 protein (Mcm2) in predicting meningioma recurrence...
- A study on the radiation tolerance of the optic nerves and chiasm after stereotactic radiosurgeryScott L Stafford
Division of Radiation Oncology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1177-81. 2003..To evaluate the risk of clinically significant radiation optic neuropathy (RON) for patients having stereotactic radiosurgery of benign tumors adjacent to the optic apparatus...
- Expression of somatostatin receptor mRNA in human meningiomas and their implication in in vitro antiproliferative activitySara Arena
Section of Pharmacology, Department of Oncology, Biology and Genetics, Genetics, University of Genova, Italy
J Neurooncol 66:155-66. 2004..08). To evaluate a possible role of SSTR in the control of human meningioma cell proliferation, seven primary cell cultures obtained from fresh meningioma surgical tissues, were analyzed ..
- Genetic and epigenetic alteration of the NF2 gene in sporadic meningiomasJesus Lomas
Laboratorio de Oncogenética Molecular y Epigenética del Cáncer, Departamento de C Experimental, Unidad de Investigacion, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 42:314-9. 2005..These results indicate that aberrant NF2 hypermethylation may participate in the development of a significant proportion of sporadic meningiomas, primarily those of grade I...
- Integrative genomic analysis identifies NDRG2 as a candidate tumor suppressor gene frequently inactivated in clinically aggressive meningiomaEriks A Lusis
Division of Neuropathology, Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Res 65:7121-6. 2005..to identify transcripts whose expression was lost in anaplastic (WHO grade III) versus benign (WHO grade I) meningioma. Approximately 40% of genes down-regulated in anaplastic meningioma were localized to chromosomes 1p and 14q...
- Predisposing conditions and risk factors for development of symptomatic meningioma in adultsBrigitte Schneider
Department of Neurosurgery, Central Clinic, Bad Berka, Germany
Cancer Detect Prev 29:440-7. 2005Risk factors and predisposing factors for the development of symptomatic meningioma during adult life are not well known.
- Histological classification and molecular genetics of meningiomasMarkus J Riemenschneider
Department of Neuropathology, Heinrich Heine University, Duesseldorf, Germany
Lancet Neurol 5:1045-54. 2006..Most meningiomas are benign lesions of WHO grade I, whereas some meningioma variants correspond with WHO grades II and III and are associated with a higher risk of recurrence and shorter ..
- Genomic landscape of meningiomasYohan Lee
Department of Human Genetics, UCLA School of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 7088, USA
Brain Pathol 20:751-62. 2010..We performed retrospective global genetic and genomic analysis of 85 meningioma samples of various grades...
- Genomic profiling reveals alternative genetic pathways of meningioma malignant progression dependent on the underlying NF2 statusStéphane Goutagny
Université Paris 5 Descartes, Paris, France
Clin Cancer Res 16:4155-64. 2010..WHO defines three grades predictive of the risk of recurrence. Clinical data supporting histologic malignant progression of meningiomas are sparse and underlying molecular mechanisms are not clearly depicted...
- Loss of the protein-tyrosine phosphatase DEP-1/PTPRJ drives meningioma cell motilityAstrid Petermann
Institute of Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Molecular Biomedicine, Jena, Germany
Brain Pathol 21:405-18. 2011..RNAi-mediated suppression of DEP-1 in DEP-1 positive meningioma cell lines caused enhanced motility and colony formation in semi-solid media...
- Epigenetic subclassification of meningiomas based on genome-wide DNA methylation analysesYugo Kishida
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Carcinogenesis 33:436-41. 2012....
- Impaired survival and long-term neurological problems in benign meningiomaHanna van Alkemade
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Department of Radiation Oncology, Neurosurgical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuro Oncol 14:658-66. 2012To assess long-term functional outcome and survival among patients with meningioma World Health Organization (WHO) grade I.
- Dental x-rays and risk of meningiomaElizabeth B Claus
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Cancer 118:4530-7. 2012Ionizing radiation is a consistently identified and potentially modifiable risk factor for meningioma, which is the most frequently reported primary brain tumor in the United States...
- Immunophenotypic identification and characterization of tumor cells and infiltrating cell populations in meningiomasPatrícia H Domingues
Centre for Neurosciences and Cell Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Pathol 181:1749-61. 2012..We determined the cellular composition of 51 meningioma samples by multiparameter flow cytometric (MFC) immunophenotyping and investigated the potential relationship ..
- Exogenous hormone use, reproductive factors, and risk of intracranial meningioma in femalesElizabeth B Claus
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Neurosurg 118:649-56. 2013The 2-fold higher incidence of meningioma in women compared with men has long suggested a role for hormonally mediated risk factors, but specific mechanisms remain elusive.
- MEG3: a novel long noncoding potentially tumour-suppressing RNA in meningiomasVladimir Balik
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty Hospital Olomouc, I P Pavlova 6, 775 20 Olomouc, Czech Republic
J Neurooncol 112:1-8. 2013..These findings indicate that MEG3 may have a significant role as a novel long noncoding RNA tumour suppressor in meningiomas...
- Magnetic resonance spectroscopy of brain hemangiopericytomas: high myoinositol concentrations and discrimination from meningiomasI Barba
, , , Spain
J Neurosurg 94:55-60. 2001..Measurements of extracts of the tumors and comparison of spectra acquired with MRS at long- (135-msec) and short- (20-msec) echo times established that this was due to the much higher levels of myoinositol in the hemangiopericytomas...
- Reproductive and hormonal factors and risk of brain tumors in adult femalesElizabeth E Hatch
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, Rockville, MD, USA
Int J Cancer 114:797-805. 2005..We conducted a multi-center case-control study of newly diagnosed glioma (n = 212) and meningioma (n = 151) and frequency-matched controls (n = 436) in women from hospitals in Phoenix, Arizona; Boston, ..
- Reproductive factors and exogenous hormone use in relation to risk of glioma and meningioma in a large European cohort studyDominique S Michaud
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:2562-9. 2010The etiologies of glioma and meningioma tumors are largely unknown...
- Carbon ion radiotherapy performed as re-irradiation using active beam delivery in patients with tumors of the brain, skull base and sacral regionStephanie E Combs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Radiother Oncol 98:63-7. 2011..To asses carbon ion radiation therapy (RT) performed as re-irradiation in 28 patients with recurrent tumors...
- Identification of gene markers associated with aggressive meningioma by filtering across multiple sets of gene expression arraysJourdan E Stuart
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 70:1-12. 2011....
- Identification of a progenitor cell of origin capable of generating diverse meningioma histological subtypesM Kalamarides
INSERM, U674, Paris, France
Oncogene 30:2333-44. 2011..Studies focused on the molecular basis for meningioma development are hampered by a lack of information with regard to the cell of origin for these brain tumours...
- Phase II study of subcutaneous octreotide in adults with recurrent or progressive meningioma and meningeal hemangiopericytomaDerek R Johnson
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Neuro Oncol 13:530-5. 2011..study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous octreotide therapy for the treatment of recurrent meningioma and meningeal hemangiopericytoma...
- Recurrent meningioma: salvage therapy with long-acting somatostatin analogueMarc C Chamberlain
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
Neurology 69:969-73. 2007..The addition of somatostatin inhibits meningioma growth in vitro in some studies. There have been anecdotal reports of octreotide inhibiting growth in meningiomas...
- MeningiomasIan R Whittle
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Lancet 363:1535-43. 2004..We review various features of meningioma biology, diagnosis, and treatment and provide an overview of the current rationale and evidence base for the ..
- WHO grade II and III meningiomas: a study of prognostic factorsAnne Durand
Department of Neurosurgery D, Groupement Hospitalier Est, Hôpital Neurologique Wertheimer, Bron, France
J Neurooncol 95:367-75. 2009..This retrospective study might improve the management of grades II and III meningiomas. Prospective trials should delineate strong therapeutic guidelines for high-grade meningiomas...
- Isolation and characterization of tumor stem-like cells from human meningiomasDueng Yuan Hueng
Department of Neurological Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, 325, Sec 2, Cheng Kung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurooncol 104:45-53. 2011..The results showed that meningioma stem-like cells possess the ability to form spheres in identical stem cell culture condition...
- Visual field preservation after multisession cyberknife radiosurgery for perioptic lesionsJohn R Adler
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California, USA
Neurosurgery 59:244-54; discussion 244-54. 2006..The current retrospective study is intended to help address these shortcomings...
- PET imaging of somatostatin receptors using [68GA]DOTA-D-Phe1-Tyr3-octreotide: first results in patients with meningiomasM Henze
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Nucl Med 42:1053-6. 2001..CONCLUSION: According to our initial experiences, [68Ga]DOTATOC seems to be a very promising new PET tracer for imaging SSTRs even in small meningiomas, offering excellent imaging properties and a very high tumor-to-background ratio...
- Metabolic profiles of human brain tumors using quantitative in vivo 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopyF A Howe
Cancer Research UK Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cramner Terrace, London, UK
Magn Reson Med 49:223-32. 2003..3 lipid signals vs. mI/Cho provided a simple way to separate most tumors by type and grade...
- Radiotherapy and radiosurgery for benign skull base meningiomasGiuseppe Minniti
Department of Radiotherapy Oncology, Sant Andrea Hospital, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Radiat Oncol 4:42. 2009..Because of the long natural history of benign meningiomas, larger series and longer follow-up are necessary to compare results and toxicity of different techniques...
- Use of mobile phones in Norway and risk of intracranial tumoursLars Klaeboe
The Cancer Registry of Norway, Institute of Population Based Cancer Research, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Cancer Prev 16:158-64. 2007..Detailed information about mobile phone use was collected from 289 glioma (response rate 77%), 207 meningioma patients (71%), and 45 acoustic neuroma patients (68%) and from 358 (69%) controls...
- Mobile phone use, exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic field, and brain tumour: a case-control studyT Takebayashi
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Cancer 98:652-9. 2008..Personal interviews were carried out with 88 patients with glioma, 132 with meningioma, and 102 with pituitary adenoma (322 cases in total), and with 683 individually matched controls...
- Quantifying the degree of conformity in radiosurgery treatment planningNicoletta J Lomax
Klinik Im Park, Gamma Knife Centre, Zurich, Switzerland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1409-19. 2003..To compare different parameters used to quantify the quality of a treatment plan and to evaluate the dose conformity and coverage clinically achieved using gamma knife radiosurgery...
- Microarray-based gene expression profiling of benign, atypical and anaplastic meningiomas identifies novel genes associated with meningioma progressionGunnar Wrobel
Division of Molecular Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 114:249-56. 2005..Taken together, our microarray-based expression profiling revealed interesting novel candidate genes and pathways that may contribute to meningioma progression.
- XRCC1 and XRCC3 variants and risk of glioma and meningiomaAnne Kiuru
Department of Research and Environmental Surveillance, STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Box 14, 00881 Helsinki, Finland
J Neurooncol 88:135-42. 2008..The Caucasian study population consisted of 701 glioma (including 320 glioblastoma) cases, 524 meningioma cases, and 1,560 controls in a prospective population-based case-control study conducted in Denmark, Finland, ..
- Time trends in brain tumor incidence rates in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, 1974-2003Isabelle Deltour
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1721-4. 2009..We investigated time trends in the incidence of glioma and meningioma in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden from 1974 to 2003, using data from national cancer registries...
- Germline SMARCB1 mutation and somatic NF2 mutations in familial multiple meningiomasI Christiaans
Department of Clinical Genetics, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Genet 48:93-7. 2011Multiple meningiomas occur in <10% of meningioma patients. Their development may be caused by the presence of a predisposing germline mutation in the neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) gene...
- Dose-response tolerance of the visual pathways and cranial nerves of the cavernous sinus to stereotactic radiosurgeryK A Leber
Department of Neurosurgery, Karl Franzens University, School of Medicine, Graz, Austria
J Neurosurg 88:43-50. 1998..As the number of patients treated with stereotactic radiosurgery increases, it becomes particularly important to define with precision adverse effects on distinct structures of the nervous system...
- Benign meningioma: partially resected, biopsied, and recurrent intracranial tumors treated with combined proton and photon radiotherapyE Wenkel
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 48:1363-70. 2000To evaluate the recurrence-free survival and complications of combined proton and photon radiotherapy of patients with incompletely resected or recurrent histologically-confirmed benign meningioma.
- Cellular telephones and risk for brain tumors: a population-based, incident case-control studyH Collatz Christensen
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurology 64:1189-95. 2005To evaluate a possible association of glioma or meningioma with use of cellular telephones, using a nationwide population-based case-control study of incident cases of meningioma and glioma.
- Pooled analysis of two case-control studies on the use of cellular and cordless telephones and the risk of benign brain tumours diagnosed during 1997-2003Lennart Hardell
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Oncol 28:509-18. 2006..8, 95% CI=1.4-10. Regarding meningioma, the results were as follows: for analogue phones, OR=1.3, 95% CI=0.99-1.7; for digital phones, OR=1.1, 95% CI=0...
- Cellular phones, cordless phones, and the risks of glioma and meningioma (Interphone Study Group, Germany)Joachim Schüz
Institute of Medical Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Informatics, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
Am J Epidemiol 163:512-20. 2006..population-based case-control study carried out in three regions of Germany, all incident cases of glioma and meningioma among patients aged 30-69 years were ascertained during 2000-2003...
- Comparative analysis of the NF2, TP53, PTEN, KRAS, NRAS and HRAS genes in sporadic and radiation-induced human meningiomasT Joachim
Department of Neuropathology, University of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn, Germany
Int J Cancer 94:218-21. 2001..PTEN mutations were observed in 1 anaplastic and 1 radiation-induced meningioma. No structural alterations were seen in the RAS genes...
- The effect of radiosurgery during management of aggressive meningiomasAnthony E Harris
Department of Neurosurgery, The Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Surg Neurol 60:298-305; discussion 305. 2003..We review the local control and survival rates of patients with aggressive meningiomas after multi-modality therapy that included stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS)...
- DNA methylation of multiple promoter-associated CpG islands in meningiomas: relationship with the allelic status at 1p and 22qM Josefa Bello
Department of C Experimental, Laboratorio Oncogenetica Molecular, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Paseo Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 108:413-21. 2004..02) and p14(ARF) /p16(INK4a)(7/30 each one; 23%; not significant). Our findings indicate that aberrant DNA methylation of promoter-associated CpG islands in meningiomas contributes to the development of these tumors...
- Aberrant CpG island hypermethylation profile is associated with atypical and anaplastic meningiomasYanhui Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, First University Hospital, West China University of Medical Science, Chengdu, China 610041
Hum Pathol 36:416-25. 2005..Treatment of IOMM-Lee meningioma cell line with 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine restored expression of O 6 -methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase and death-..
- Hyperdiploidy defines a distinct cytogenetic entity of meningiomasRalf Ketter
Neurosurgical Clinic, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
J Neurooncol 83:213-21. 2007....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in human meningiomas and peritumoral brain areasYa Suo Ding
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, PR China
Ann Clin Lab Sci 38:344-51. 2008..We conclude that VEGF macromolecules are secreted by the tumor tissue and enter peritumoral normal brain tissue to induce edema...
- Intracranial meningiomas in children: ten-year experiencePericles Maranhao-Filho
Department of Neurosurgery, Brazilian National Cancer Institute, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pediatr Neurol 39:415-7. 2008..In conclusion, meningiomas are rare in the pediatric population. Most of the lesions are low-grade, and the prognosis in this setting is good...
- Childhood and juvenile meningiomasXing Gao
Department of Neurosurgery, Huashan Hospital, Shanghai Medical College, Fu Dan University, 12 Wulumuqi Zhong Road, Shanghai 200040, China
Childs Nerv Syst 25:1571-80. 2009The purpose of this paper was to study the clinical characteristic, treatment, and prognosis of childhood meningioma.
- The association of breast cancer and meningioma in men and womenGanesh Rao
Department of Neurosurgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Neurosurgery 65:483-9; discussion 489. 2009An association between breast cancer and intracranial meningioma has been described in women. We sought to determine whether this connection exists in men as well, hypothesizing that causes unrelated to sex may be responsible.
- Cytopathologic features of orbital intraosseous chordoid meningioma: report of a case and distinction from other myxoid/mucoid tumorsToshitetsu Hayashi
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 38:818-21. 2010Chordoid meningioma (CM) is characterized by a striking histologic resemblance to chordoma and propensity for aggressive behavior or recurrence (WHO grade II designation)...
- Osteopontin expression is a valuable marker for prediction of short-term recurrence in WHO grade I benign meningiomasKuan Yin Tseng
Department of Neurological Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center 325, Sec 2, Cheng Kung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Neurooncol 100:217-23. 2010..Our results showed that meningioma recurrence correlated significantly with OPN IHC score (P = 0.001)...
- Medical therapies for meningiomasPatrick Y Wen
Center for Neuro Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Neurooncol 99:365-78. 2010....
- Aberrant signaling pathways in meningiomasBrian T Ragel
Department of Neurological Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Neurooncol 99:315-24. 2010..Ultimately, a further understanding of the signaling pathways involved in meningioma tumorigenesis will lead to the development and application of novel molecular treatments, such as small molecule ..
- Metabolic aggressiveness in benign meningiomas with chromosomal instabilitiesDaniel Monleon
Fundación de Investigación del Hospital Clínico Universitario de Valencia INCLIVA, Universitat de Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Cancer Res 70:8426-34. 2010..The aim of this study was to achieve higher specificity in the detection of meningioma subgroups by measuring chromosomal instabilities by fluorescence in situ hybridization and cytogenetics and ..
- Gene expression profiling of meningiomas: current status after a decade of microarray-based transcriptomic studiesMads Aarhus
Centre for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:447-56. 2011..This article provides a review of the transcriptomic expression profiling studies that have been performed on meningiomas so far. We discuss some future prospects and challenges ahead in the field of gene expression profiling...
- Cranial meningiomas in 411 neurofibromatosis type 2 (NF2) patients with proven gene mutations: clear positional effect of mutations, but absence of female severity effect on age at onsetMiriam J Smith
Department of Genetic Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Center, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
J Med Genet 48:261-5. 2011..The spectrum of NF2 mutations consists mainly of truncating (nonsense and frameshift) mutations. A smaller number of patients have missense mutations, which are associated with a milder disease phenotype...
- Simultaneous 68Ga-DOTATOC-PET/MRI for IMRT treatment planning for meningioma: first experienceDaniela Thorwarth
Section of Biomedical Physics, University Hospital for Radiation Oncology, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:277-83. 2011To evaluate intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) treatment planning based on simultaneous positron-emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging (PET/MRI) of meningioma.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery for benign meningiomasOrin Bloch
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California San, Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M779, San Francisco, CA 94143 0112, USA
J Neurooncol 107:13-20. 2012....
- Meningioma: review of the literature with emphasis on the approach to radiotherapyGustavo Nader Marta
Department of Radiation Oncology, Oncology Center, Hospital Sirio Libanes, Rua Dona Adma Jafet, CEP 01308 050, 91 SP, Brazil
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 11:1749-58. 2011..Various conventional radiotherapy techniques can be employed for residual tumor or at recurrence...
- Preoperative assessment of meningioma stiffness using magnetic resonance elastographyMatthew C Murphy
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Neurosurg 118:643-8. 2013..The object of this study was to determine the potential of magnetic resonance elastography (MRE) to preoperatively assess the stiffness of meningiomas...
- Natural compounds as potential treatments of NF2-deficient schwannoma and meningioma: cucurbitacin D and goyazensolideSamuel A Spear
Center for Childhood Cancer, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital Departments of Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Division of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, Columbus, Ohio, U S A
Otol Neurotol 34:1519-27. 2013Cucurbitacin D and goyazensolide, 2 plant-derived natural compounds, possess potent growth-inhibitory activity in schwannoma and meningioma cells.
- The integrin inhibitor cilengitide affects meningioma cell motility and invasionAnnette Wilisch-Neumann
Authors Affiliations Departments of Neuropathology, Neurosurgery and Radiotherapy, Otto vonGuericke University Neurosurgery, City Hospital Special Lab for Non Invasive Brain Imaging, Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Magdeburg Neurosurgery, Paracelsus Hospital, Zwickau and Institute of Molecular Cell Biology, Center for Molecular Biomedicine, Jena University Hospital, Jena, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 19:5402-12. 2013..We elucidated the impact of the integrin inhibitor cilengitide on migration, proliferation, and radiosensitization of meningioma cells.
- Expression of extracellular matrix-degrading proteins in classic, atypical, and anaplastic meningiomasA Josefine U von Randow
Department of Neurology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Medical Center, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 202:365-72. 2006..However, these factors may represent a potential target for pharmacological blocking as an anti-invasive therapy...
- Radiosurgery as definitive management of intracranial meningiomasDouglas Kondziolka
Department of Neurological Surgery, The Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Neurosurgery 62:53-8; discussion 58-60. 2008..We evaluated clinical and imaging outcomes of meningiomas stratified by histological tumor grade...
- Phase II study of imatinib mesylate for recurrent meningiomas (North American Brain Tumor Consortium study 01-08)Patrick Y Wen
Center for Neuro Oncology, Dana Farber Brigham and Women s Cancer Center, SW430D, 44 Binney St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuro Oncol 11:853-60. 2009..Single-agent imatinib was well tolerated but had no significant activity in recurrent meningiomas. Trough plasma concentrations of imatinib exceeded those associated with imatinib activity in chronic myelogenous leukemia...
- Potential impact of (68)Ga-DOTATOC PET/CT on stereotactic radiotherapy planning of meningiomasFonyuy Nyuyki
Department for Nuclear Medicine, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:310-8. 2010..We investigated the input of (68)Ga-DOTATOC-PET/CT on the definition of the "gross tumour volume" (GTV) in meningiomas, in order to assess the potential value of this method...
- Proton stereotactic radiosurgery for the treatment of benign meningiomasLia M Halasz
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:1428-35. 2011..Here, we report the first series of proton stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) used for the treatment of meningiomas...
- Stabilization of disease progression by hydroxyurea in patients with recurrent or unresectable meningiomaWarren P Mason
Department of Medicine, Princess Margaret Hospital, and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosurg 97:341-6. 2002..The authors report their experience in using hydroxyurea for the treatment of patients with recurrent or unresectable meningiomas...
- Highly conformal therapy using proton component in the management of meningiomas. Preliminary experience of the Centre de Protonthérapie d'OrsayGeorges Noel
Centre de protonthérapie d Orsay, France
Strahlenther Onkol 178:480-5. 2002..To evaluate the efficacy and the tolerance of an escalated dose of external conformal fractionated radiation therapy combining photons and protons in the treatment of intracranial meningiomas...
- Correlation of clinical and biological parameters with peritumoral edema in meningiomaSun Ha Paek
Department of Neurosurgery, Clinical Research Institute of Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Neurooncol 60:235-45. 2002Peritumoral edema (PTE) in meningioma occurs variably and can adversely affect the clinical course. Moreover, the etiology of PTE in meningioma is not well documented...
- Gamma knife radiosurgery of imaging-diagnosed intracranial meningiomaJohn C Flickinger
Department of Radiation Oncology, Center for Image Guided Neurosurgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:801-6. 2003..To evaluate tumor control and outcome from radiosurgery of meningiomas diagnosed by imaging without pathologic verification...
- Expression of extracellular matrix markers in benign meningiomasAsha Das
Maxine Dunitz Neurosurgical Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, USA
Neuropathology 23:275-81. 2003..The present study suggests that expression of these factors in benign meningiomas is ubiquitous and unrelated to tumor location. Therefore, these factors of the extracellular matrix may be potential targets of future therapy...
- Meningiomas may be a component tumor of multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1Behnam Asgharian
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases NIH, Building 10, 10 Center Drive MSC 1804, Bethesda, MD 20892 1804, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:869-80. 2004..The aim of this study was to address these two latter questions...
- Diagnostic and prognostic significance of genetic regional heterogeneity in meningiomasWolfgang K Pfisterer
Neuro Oncology Research and Neurosurgery Research Laboratory, Barrow Neurological Institute of St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Neuro Oncol 6:290-9. 2004..Eight defined areas of each of 77 paraffin-embedded meningioma samples (59 grade I, 13 grade II, and 5 grade III) were analyzed by fluorescent in situ hybridization using ..
- Loss of tumor suppressor in lung cancer-1 (TSLC1) expression in meningioma correlates with increased malignancy grade and reduced patient survivalEzequiel I Surace
partment of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 63:1015-27. 2004..Two of the most frequent early events in meningioma tumorigenesis involve loss of expression of the neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2) and 4.1B genes. Recently, 4...
- Breast adenocarcinoma metastatic to epidural cervical spine meningioma: case report and review of the literatureManish Aghi
Department of Neurosurgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Neurooncol 75:149-55. 2005While several cases of cancer metastatic to cranial meningiomas have been reported, metastasis to spinal meningioma has been reported only once, and a mechanism for such metastases has not been investigated...
- MeningiomaBrian Goldsmith
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 400 Parnassus, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Neurosurg Clin N Am 17:111-20, vi. 2006....
- Rhabdoid meningioma: clinical features and MR imaging findings in 15 patientsE Y Kim
Department of Radiology and Centers for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:1462-5. 2007Rhabdoid meningioma (RM) is a recently described variant of malignant meningioma, with radiologic features currently not well characterized in the medical literature...
- Primary optic nerve sheath meningioma in childrenHui Bae Harold Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 53:543-58. 2008Primary optic nerve sheath meningioma represents a proliferation of meningothelial cap cells of the arachnoid villi within the optic nerve sheath...
- Headache in patients with a meningioma correlates with a bone-invasive growth pattern but not with cytokine expressionC J Schankin
Department of Neurology, University of Munich Hospital Großhadern, Munich, Germany
Cephalalgia 30:413-24. 2010We included 58 patients with meningioma in a prospective study to analyse the prevalence of and risk factors for different types of meningioma-associated headache. Twenty-three patients (40%) had meningioma-associated headache...
- Long-term control of petroclival meningiomas through radiosurgeryThomas J Flannery
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Neurosurg 112:957-64. 2010..The authors evaluated outcomes in 168 patients with petroclival meningiomas who underwent Gamma Knife surgery (GKS) during a 21-year interval...
- Comparative protein profiling reveals minichromosome maintenance (MCM) proteins as novel potential tumor markers for meningiomasOkay Saydam
Department of Neurology and Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, 02129, USA
J Proteome Res 9:485-94. 2010..In this study, we aimed to unravel molecular meningioma tumorigenesis and discover novel protein biomarkers for diagnostic and/or prognostic purposes and performed in-..
- Genetic and protein changes of E-cadherin in meningiomasNives Pecina-Slaus
Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:695-702. 2010..The molecular mechanisms and candidate genes involved in development of meningiomas still needs investigation and elucidation...
- Cavernous sinus meningiomas: a large LINAC radiosurgery seriesRoberto Spiegelmann
Department of Neurosurgery, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, 52621, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Neurooncol 98:195-202. 2010..Radiosurgery had a high control rate for meningiomas of the cavernous sinus with few and mild complications. Cranial neuropathy can be solved by treatment, particularly those of recent onset...
- Molecular Genetics of Inherited Neurological DiseasesXANDRA OWENS BREAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2012..Project 1 (Gusella/Ramesh) - Molecular genetics of meningioma and NF-related disorders: identify additional genes and signaling pathways involved in initiation and ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeElizabeth B Claus; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to conduct a population-based case/control study of meningioma within the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas as well as the San Francisco Bay area ..
- The Meningioma Consortium: Genome-Wide Association StudyElizabeth B Claus; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/ Abstract Meningioma is the most common primary brain tumor, present in up to one percent of adults, and although often considered benign, has survival comparable to breast cancer...
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJoellen M Schildkraut; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to conduct a population-based case/control study of meningioma within the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas as well as the San Francisco Bay area ..
- Vitamin D Receptor Coactivators in OsteoblastsPaul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal focuses on one 1,25(OH)2D3-induced gene that impact osteoblast biology, namely Meningioma-1 or MN1. MN1 is a transcription factor that serves as a coactivator in nuclear receptor- mediated transcription...
- Paul N MacDonald; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Meningioma-1 (MN1) is one such target gene that VDR and 1,25(OH)2D3 regulate in osteoblasts...
- Regression of meningioma tumor growth by combination therapyJasti S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Regression of meningioma tumor growth by combination therapy Fifteen percent of meningiomas have malignant characteristics and these aggressive invasive tumors are frequently fatal...
- Vijaya Ramesh; Fiscal Year: 2014..Torin1 and observed that it is more effective than rapamycin in inhibiting proliferation of NF2-deficient meningioma cells, which strongly suggests that treatment with mTOR kinase inhibitors will be more beneficial for NF2 ..
- MATTHIAS ANGELOS KARAJANNIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..type 2 (NF2) develop multiple intracranial and spinal tumors, including vestibular schwannomas (VS) and meningioma that lead to morbidity and early mortality...
- Signal processing for accurate detection of copy number variants in cancerRebecca A Betensky; Fiscal Year: 2013..normals, and then to develop and extend it for application in the cancer setting, in particular, for atypical meningioma and lung squamous cell carcinoma, for highly sensitive and specific detection of cancer related CNV's...
- RISK FACTORS FOR INTRACRANIAL MENINGIOMAWt Longstreth; Fiscal Year: 1999..Much could be gained by identifying etiologic risk factors for meningioma and preventing the disease...
- GENE EXPRESSION BASED CLASSIFICATION OF GLIAL TUMORSStanley Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2004..2)To determine the gene expression profiles of 120 excisional glioma and meningioma brain tumor biopsies to develop a reclassification of the tumors based on gene expression profiles...
- Modeling meningioma growth orthotopically in the nude mouseAnita Lal; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Meningioma tumor cells do not grow well in culture, usually senescing after a few passages...
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifePeter M Black; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to conduct a population-based case/control study of meningioma within the states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and Texas as well as the San Francisco Bay area ..
- Statistical Methods for Analysis of Array CGH DataRebecca Betensky; Fiscal Year: 2007..These methods are motivated by, and will be applied to, aCGH data sets from glioma studies and meningioma studies. Relevance: Malignant gliomas are the most common primary human brain tumors...
- SPARC--A DIAGNOSTIC MARKER FOR INVASIVE MENINGIOMASandra Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2000..Their preliminary data suggest that SPARC expression is associated with the invasive phenotype in meningioma, regardless of tumor grade...
- Fluorescence lifetime method for guided therapy of brain tumorsLaura Marcu; Fiscal Year: 2007..By measuring intraoperatively the time-resolved autofluorescence of human brain tumors (glioma, meningioma, metastatic) using an existing TR-LIFS research prototype apparatus and methodology, this STTR Phase I project ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeJOSEPH LEO WIEMELS; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Identification and Preclinical Evaluation of New Brain Tumor TherapiesDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- THERAPEUTICS STUDIES OF PRIMARY CNS MALIGNANCIESPatrick Wen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Determinants of Neural Stem Cell FunctionDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BACKTRACKING TRANSLOCATIONS IN CHILDHOOD LEUKEMIAJoseph Wiemels; Fiscal Year: 2006..We are ultimately working to elucidate the origin and causes of a cancer that might be preventable. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PRECLINICAL MODELS FOR HUMAN ASTROCYTOMASDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurofibromatosis Foundation International ConsortiumDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- PROTEIN 4.1 TUMOR SUPPRESSORS IN MENINGIOMA PATHOGENESISDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..1 tumor suppressor in meningioma pathogenesis...
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF NF2 GENE MUTATIONSDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2003..Our ability to design rational therapies for schwannomas and meningiomas is dependent on an improved understanding of the mechanisms by which loss of merlin expression and function promotes tumor formation. ..
- NEUROFIBROMIN AS A NEGATIVE REGULATOR FOR ASTROCYTESDavid Gutmann; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Tumor drug delivery systems based on polymalic acidJulia Y Ljubimova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 4. Evaluation of the effects of lead compounds on animal survival, tumor size, vascularity, apoptosis, and expression of their molecular targets, EGFR and laminin-8, in xenotransplanted human tumors. ..
- Genetic Mutations in Gliomatosis CerebriMarcus Ware; Fiscal Year: 2004..We shall use this data to determine if there are specific patterns of chromosome aberrations that are characteristic of GC. Our final goal is to compare copy-number aberrations seen in GC to those seen in other non-GC astrocytic tumors. ..
- Polysomal RNA Antitumor ImmunityJohn Chi; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results from these experiments will help characterize the potential use of dendritic cells transfected with polysomal RNA in creating antigen specific tumor vaccines for brain tumors. ..
- Age-Dependent Response of Hippocampal Neurons to StressGregory Brewer; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Assuming a 0.05 significance level and 80 percent power, depending on the polymorphism, the proposed sample is large enough to detect a confounding-adjusted odds ratios of 0.6. ..
- MRSI Optimization of Prostate BrachytherapySteven Dibiase; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our basic scientists in our physics division have strong backgrounds in this area and have worked closely with clinicians in translating the MRSI information into the therapy of our patients with prostate cancer. ..
- Gene Interactions, Estrogen, and Risk of Breast CancerKathleen Egan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Occupational exposures and brain cancerElisabeth Cardis; Fiscal Year: 2010..INTERPHONE study was conducted in 13 countries using a common core protocol, and focused on the risk of glioma, meningioma, acoustic neurinoma and parotid gland tumors...
- Image-Guided Monitoring of Meningioma Embolization in a Combined MRI/XRA SuiteDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2008unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Diagnosis of a meningioma is generally established by routine CT and/or MR imaging that determines the tumor morphology and composition...
- Expression of Proapoptotic Genes for Cancer TherapyBingliang Fang; Fiscal Year: 2006..Success of the proposed studies will lead to new therapeutics for refractory metastatic disease. It will also provide insight into mechanisms of resistance to apoptosis induction in cancer cells. ..
- Meningioma: Risk Factors and Quality of LifeMelissa L Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2010
- MR DETERMINATION OF LUMEN CONTOURS AND PLAQUE COMPONENTSDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Armed with this data we could embark on a prospective monitoring program to define patients at risk. ..
- RADIOBIOLOGICAL DOSIMETRY OF STEREOTACTIC RADIOSURGERYStanley Benedict; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Phase II Study of 44Gy from 131I-81C6 for CNS TumorsDavid Reardon; Fiscal Year: 2004..To further define the toxicity of this approach and Specific Aim 3.To determine the impact of this therapy on quality of life. ..
- Device Design for Treatment of Aortic DiseaseDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2005..These improvements will benefit the large numbers of individuals who are likely to receive treatment with endovascular stent-grafts in the coming years. ..
- Optical Mapping of Nonmelanoma Skin CancersAnna Yaroslavsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..v) Evaluate the clinical prototype and the developed imaging methods in a surgical practice environment. ..
- Early Determinants of Breast Cancer RiskMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Correlative trial of fenretinide against GlioblastomasVINAY PUDUVALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such data could be relevant not only to future trials of retinoids in gliomas but also for ongoing trials of fenretinide in other malignancies. ..
- BODY WEIGHT SUPPORTED AMBULATION TRAINING AFTER SCIBlair Calancie; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Neurogenesis in the Human BrainAlfredo Quinones Hinojosa; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Early Determinants of Mammographic DensityMary Beth Terry; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Glioma International ConsortiumMelissa L Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information has translational significance for brain tumor patients and their families, and will enable us to develop appropriate genetic screening and counseling approaches to reduce the incidence and mortality of this disease. ..
- Analysis of Ethnic Admixture in Lung CancerJill Barnholtz Sloan; Fiscal Year: 2006..These projects will give me experience in developing methodology in statistical genetics and genetic epidemiology, while also helping me to better understand etiology of disease. ..
- The Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium Fall '05 MeetingFaith Davis; Fiscal Year: 2005..This meeting will bring together neuro-pathologists and epidemiologists to address these issues as they pertain to BTEC projects. ..
- Vitamin D Hormone: Function and Mechanism of ActionSYLVIA S CHRISTAKOS; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Gene Transfer to Facilitate Dose-Intensification in the Treatment of Pediatric B*Lars Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize this strategy will be well tolerated and allow for meaningful dose escalation through chemoprotection afforded by gene transfer into hematopoietic stem cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI Determination of Carotid Atherosclerosis ProgressionDavid Saloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Establishment of these imaging methods will also be valuable for drug trials aimed at determining the response of atherosclerosis to pharmacological interventions. ..
- Non-Invasive Imaging of T Cell TraffickingBernd Pichler; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Successful completion of this study will lead to an alternative method for intra-operative sentinel node localization that may obviate many of the limitations of current techniques. ..
- Efficacy and toxicity of TRAIL against gliomasVinay K Puduvalli; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study could also potentially provide a basis for clinical trials using TRAIL or analogues against gliomas and allow rational selection of agents to modulate the tumor resistance to TRAIL. ..
- Determinants of Breast Cancer SurvivalMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- SPINAL MOTOR CONDUCTION AND RECOVERY AFTER HUMAN SCIBlair Calancie; Fiscal Year: 2009..A slow-release formulation the K-channel blocker 4-aminopyridine will be tested for its effects on conduction in some cases. ..
- An Integrated PET-MRI System for Molecular ImagingBernd Pichler; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- THE ROLE OF SPARC IN GLIOMA INVASIONSandra Rempel; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will also determine whether SPARC's regulation of the phenotypes results from differences in cellular versus extracellular localization. ..
- Towards In Situ Optical Pathology of Nonmelanoma Skin CancersAnna Yaroslavsky; Fiscal Year: 2008..The diagnostic application of this technology holds the potential to replace biopsy, thus reducing morbidity and time associated with that invasive procedure. ..
- Metabolic Polymorphisms and Survival from Brain TumorsMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, patients who can tolerate higher doses of chemotherapy can be treated more efficiently, suffering from less side effects and potentially may have a better outcome. ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF GLIOMASMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2004..no abstract available ..
- Antigen specific modeling of glioma immunotherapyAndrew Parsa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The long-term goal of this proposal is to facilitate the development of Dr. Parsa into an independent investigator capable of making meaningful scientific contributions. ..
- A Pilot Study Of Internet Recruitment and follow-up among Reproductive Age WomenELIZABETH HATCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..If successful, we envision this study to be the first of more elaborate studies that employ the internet to enroll cohort members into long-term follow-up studies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Association between obesity, central adiposity and endocrine disruptorsELIZABETH HATCH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Nevertheless, it may provide important clues for future, epidemiologic studies of the effect of these environmental contaminants on the risk of obesity. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..