Genomes and Genes
large cell carcinoma
Summary: A tumor of undifferentiated (anaplastic) cells of large size. It is usually bronchogenic. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Curcumin inhibits human lung large cell carcinoma cancer tumour growth in a murine xenograft modelChin Cheng Su
Division of General Surgery, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Tzu Chi University, Hualien 970, Taiwan
Phytother Res 24:189-92. 2010..The findings indicate that curcumin can inhibit tumour growth in a NCI-H460 xenograft animal model in vivo...
- Immunohistochemical neuroendocrine differentiation is an independent prognostic factor in surgically resected large cell carcinoma of the lungMasahiko Harada
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute East, 6 5 1 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
Lung Cancer 38:177-84. 2002The clinical significance of neuroendocrine (NE) differentiation is unclear in large cell carcinoma (LCC) of the lung...
- Production of granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor in a patient with metastatic chest wall large cell carcinomaM Watanabe
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 28:559-62. 1998..However, he died of respiratory failure due to progressive tumor growth 56 days after admission. Based on these results it appears that autocrine production of GM-CSF is a possible cause of this leukemoid reaction...
- Large cell carcinoma of the lung metastatic to the mandibular gingivaTakashi Yoshii
Department of Dentistry, Hyogo Prefectural Staff Health Center, Kobe, Japan
J Periodontol 73:571-4. 2002..Although metastases of malignant tumors to the jaws are not unusual, metastases to the gingival soft tissues are relatively rare...
- Large cell carcinoma arising in bronchogenic cystMarko Jakopovic
University Hospital for Lung Diseass Jordanovac, Zagreb, Croatia
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:610-2. 2005
- Large cell neuroendocrine cervical carcinoma: a report of two cases and review of the literatureT C Krivak
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Pathology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, Washington, DC, 20307, USA
Gynecol Oncol 82:187-91. 2001..These tumors appear to mimic the aggressive behavior of small cell neuroendocrine tumors. Metastasis and recurrent disease are common. Due to the low incidence of these tumors, optimal therapy has not been delineated...
- EGFR and KRAS mutations as criteria for treatment with tyrosine kinase inhibitors: retro- and prospective observations in non-small-cell lung cancerN Van Zandwijk
Department of Thoracic Oncology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Oncol 18:99-103. 2007..Exon 19 deletions that are associated with the best responses might be used for first-line treatment selection, while KRAS mutations could play a role in excluding patients from treatment with TKIs...
- Significance of EGFR protein expression and gene amplification in non-small cell lung carcinomaSanja Dacic
Department of Pathology, Division of Anatomic Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Presbyterian University Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:860-5. 2006..EGFR protein expression was uncoupled from gene amplification in most cases, although good correlation occurred in a subset of SCCs...
- A Japanese Lung Cancer Registry study: prognosis of 13,010 resected lung cancersHisao Asamura
Division of Thoracic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 3:46-52. 2008..The validation of tumor, node, metastasis staging system in terms of prognosis is an indispensable part of establishing a better staging system in lung cancer...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine featuresA Iyoda
Division of Pathology, Institute of Pulmonary Cancer Research, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 92:1108-12. 2001In 1999, the World Health Organization categorized large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma, large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine differentiation, and large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine morphology as a variant of large cell carcinoma...
- A comparison of trends in the incidence rate of lung cancer by histological type in the Osaka Cancer Registry, Japan and in the Surveillance, Epidemiology and End Results Program, USAItsuro Yoshimi
Cancer Information and Epidemiology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 33:98-104. 2003..For large cell carcinoma, the decreasing trend began earlier in the SEER...
- Lung large cell carcinoma producing granulocyte-colony-stimulating factorSachiko Hasegawa
Division of General Thoracic Surgery, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 83:308-10. 2007..We experience a case of lung carcinoma producing granulocyte-colony-stimulating factor treated by resection and chemotherapy. He remains well 2 years and 10 months after surgery, with no recurrence of the carcinoma...
- Cytotoxic T lymphocytes directed against a tumor-specific mutated antigen display similar HLA tetramer binding but distinct functional avidity and tissue distributionHamid Echchakir
Laboratoire Cytokines et Immunologie des Tumeurs Humaines, U487 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Institut Gustave Roussy, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 54, F 94805 Villejuif, Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9358-63. 2002We have previously identified an antigen (Ag) recognized on a human large cell carcinoma of the lung by a tumor-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte clone derived from autologous tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs)...
- Lung cancer rates convergence in young men and women in the United States: analysis by birth cohort and histologic typeAhmedin Jemal
Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30329 4251, USA
Int J Cancer 105:101-7. 2003..incidence rates for white men and women converged rapidly for adenocarcinoma, small cell carcinoma, and large cell carcinoma, but less so for squamous cell carcinoma...
- Primary alveolar-type large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the breastWen Chiuan Tsai
Department of Pathology, Tri Service General Hospital and National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Breast J 11:487. 2005
- A point mutation in the alpha-actinin-4 gene generates an antigenic peptide recognized by autologous cytolytic T lymphocytes on a human lung carcinomaH Echchakir
Laboratoire Cytokines et Immunologie des Tumeurs Humaines, U487 Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, Institut Gustave Roussy, F 94805 Villejuif, Cedex, France
Cancer Res 61:4078-83. 2001We have identified an antigen recognized on a human large cell carcinoma by an autologous tumor-specific CTL clone that was derived from mononuclear cells infiltrating the primary tumor...
- Biological markers and DNA flow cytometric analysis in radically resected patients with non-small cell lung cancer. A study of the Perugia Multidisciplinary Team for Thoracic TumorsVienna Ludovini
Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera, Perugia, Italy
Tumori 94:398-405. 2008....
- Differential effect of high doses versus low doses of interleukin-12 on the adoptive transfer of human specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte in autologous lung tumors engrafted into severe combined immunodeficiency disease-nonobese diabetic mice: relation with C Asselin-Paturel
Cytokines et Immunologie des Tumeurs Humaines, , Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Cancer 91:113-22. 2001..authors have established a specific cytotoxic T-cell line (TIL-Heu) from lymphocytes infiltrating a human large cell carcinoma of the lung (LCC)...
- Fluorine-18-alpha-methyltyrosine positron emission tomography for diagnosis and staging of lung cancer: a clinicopathologic studyKyoichi Kaira
Department of Medicine and Molecular Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 13:6369-78. 2007..Tumor uptake of [(18)F]FMT was compared with that of 2-[(18)F]-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ([(18)F]FDG) and correlated with L-type amino acid transporter 1 (LAT1) expression...
- Phase I study of carboplatin, irinotecan and docetaxel on a divided schedule with recombinant human granulocyte colony stimulating factor support in patients with stage IIIB or IV non-small cell lung cancerAkihisa Fujita
Division of Respiratory Disease, Minami Ichijo Hospital, Sapporo 060 0061, Japan
Anticancer Drugs 13:505-9. 2002..The response rate and survival data in this phase I study are encouraging. We considered that the pathogenesis of diarrhea involved not only direct cytotoxic damage to the mucosa, but also bacterial overgrowth...
- A statistical study of lung cancer in the annual of pathological autopsy cases in Japan, from 1958 to 1997, with reference to time trends of lung cancer in the worldToyohiko Morita
Department of Pathology, International Medical Center of Japan, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:15-23. 2002..The possibility of one group changing to resemble another and of groups converging in the near future is suggested...
- Clinical characterization of pulmonary large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma and large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine morphologyA Iyoda
Division of Pathology, Institute of Pulmonary Cancer Research, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 91:1992-2000. 2001b>Large cell carcinoma has been classified as four potential types based on its neuroendocrine morphology and evidence of neuroendocrine differentiation discernible by immunohistochemistry or electron microscopy...
- Changes in the distribution of lung cancer cell types and patient demography in a developing multiracial Asian country: experience of a university teaching hospitalChong Kin Liam
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Malaya Medical Centre, Faculty of Medicine, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Lung Cancer 53:23-30. 2006..2% from 25.2% while that of large cell carcinoma had decreased to 3.3% from 11.9%...
- [Expression and clinical significance of apoptosis-related oncogenes in stage I-II non-small cell lung cancer]Dao Feng Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, P R China
Ai Zheng 25:359-62. 2006..This study was to investigate the expression and prognostic significance of representative apoptosis-related oncogenes (Survivin, Bcl-2, Bax, and Fas) in stage I-II NSCLC...
- Infiltrating immune cells, but not tumour cells, express FasL in non-small cell lung cancer: No association with prognosis identified in 3-year follow-upDeirdre Toomey
Department of Surgery, The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Education and Research Centre, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Cancer 103:408-12. 2003..We report that lung tumours do not express the FasL, and that although some immune cells are FasL positive, this is not a reflection of general immune cell activation...
- Sex-specific survival advantage with parathyroid hormone-related protein in non-small cell lung carcinoma patientsRandolph H Hastings
Research, Anesthesiology, and Medicine Services, VA San Diego Healthcare System, VA Mediucal Center, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:499-506. 2006..However, its relationship with survival has not been evaluated in a large-scale investigation...
- Heterogeneity of stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) and evaluation of late results of surgical treatmentJ Gawrychowski
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Poland
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:178-84. 2003..The aim of the study was assessment of the heterogeneity of stage IIIA non-small cell lung cancers (NSCLC) and the late results of surgical treatment...
- Pleural lavage cytology before and after lung resection in non-small cell lung cancer patientsSotarou Enatsu
Department of Thoracic Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 81:298-304. 2006....
- Concurrent two-dimensional radiotherapy and weekly docetaxel in the treatment of stage III non-small cell lung cancer: a good local response but no good survival due to radiation pneumonitisHiroshi Onishi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Yamanashi Medical University, 1110 Shimokato Tamaho Cho, Nakakoma gun, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Lung Cancer 40:79-84. 2003....
- Prognostic models in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer using artificial neural networks in comparison with logistic regressionTaizo Hanai
Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 469 8603, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:473-7. 2003....
- Predictive value of expression of P53, Bcl-2 and lung resistance-related protein for response to chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancersToshiyuki Harada
First Department of Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Cancer Sci 94:394-9. 2003..These findings indicate that immunostaining for P53 and LRP using TBB specimens may be useful for dividing patients with NSCLC into chemoresponsive and chemoresistant groups...
- P63 expression in lung carcinoma: a tissue microarray study of 408 casesN H C Au
Genetic Pathology Evaluation Centre, Department of Pathology and Prostate Research Centre, Vancouver General Hospital, The British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 12:240-7. 2004..These results suggest that p63 may be involved in oncogenesis in a broader range of tumors than was previously thought...
- Carbonic anhydrase IX in early-stage non-small cell lung cancerSeok Jin Kim
Department of Medicine, Thoracic Oncology Program, Duke University Medical Center and Durham Veterans Affairs Hospital, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7925-33. 2004..We hypothesized that CA IX expression is related to tumor cell proliferation and poor disease-free survival in patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- ADAM8 as a novel serological and histochemical marker for lung cancerNobuhisa Ishikawa
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:8363-70. 2004..Purpose and..
- Neuroendocrine differentiation in non-small cell lung cancer and its relation to prognosis and therapyM C Howe
Department of Histopathology, South Manchester University Hospital, Manchester, UK
Histopathology 46:195-201. 2005..The conclusions of previous studies have been inconsistent. This paper aims to provide an answer by examining a large series together with a comprehensive critique of the literature...
- Detection of oncogenic virus genomes and gene products in lung carcinomaL Brouchet
Department of Respiratory Diseases, CHU Rangueil Larrey, 31059 Toulouse Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 92:743-6. 2005..Taken together, our data strongly suggest that the conventional human oncogenic viruses (HPV, EBV, HCMV, HHV-8 and SV40) are unlikely to play some role in the development of lung carcinomas....
- Results of surgical intervention for p-stage IIIA (N2) non-small cell lung cancer: acceptable prognosis predicted by complete resection in patients with single N2 disease with primary tumor in the upper lobeMasayoshi Inoue
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Toneyama National Hospital, Toyonaka City, Osaka, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1100-6. 2004..The objective of this study was to identify the subpopulation of patients with N2 disease who can benefit from surgical intervention...
- Comparison between segmentectomy and larger resection of stage IA non-small cell lung carcinomaA Campione
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Le Scotte, Siena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:67-70. 2004..The frequency of recurrence and new primary cancer varies from one report to another while the role of sublobar resection is still debated...
- Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase 1 is an independent predictor of prognosis in patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma who undergo resection with curative intentValerie Gouyer
Unité INSERM 560, Place de Verdun, Lille, France
Cancer 103:1676-84. 2005..In this study, mRNA expression levels of MMP-1, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and TIMP-2 were evaluated in patients with resected NSCLC, and their associations with disease progression and prognosis were determined...
- Border between N1 and N2 stations in lung carcinoma: lessons from lymph node metastatic patterns of lower lobe tumorsMorihito Okada
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi City, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:825-30. 2005..We examined the spread pattern of lymph node metastases, investigated the prognosis according to the level of the involved nodes, and conclusively analyzed the border between N1 and N2 stations...
- Distribution according to histologic type and outcome by gender and age group in Taiwanese patients with lung carcinomaKuan Yu Chen
Division of Pulmonary Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer 103:2566-74. 2005..The objective of the current study was to assess the trend in the evolution of the histologic types in Taiwan and to compare the outcomes of patients with lung carcinoma between different gender and age groups...
- Lung cancer histopathology in the Thrace region of Turkey and comparison with national dataCelal Karlikaya
Department of Chest Diseases, Faculty of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 53:132-8. 2005..Monitoring the LC trend in our region can give clues on evolving cigarette design and smoking attitudes and geographic factors...
- First-line gemcitabine with cisplatin or epirubicin in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a phase III trialF M Wachters
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Hospital Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Br J Cancer 89:1192-9. 2003..Global QOL was not different in both arms. Progression-free survival, overall survival, response rate, and QOL were not different between both arms; however, overall toxicity was more severe in the EG arm...
- Long-term survival and prognostic factors of five-year survivors with complete resection of non-small cell lung carcinomaMorihito Okada
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Kitaohji cho 13 70, Akashi City 673 5885, Hyogo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:558-62. 2003..We analyzed the long-term follow-up data on cancer-related death in 5-year survivors of complete resection of their non-small cell lung cancer and examined the prognostic factors having an impact on subsequent survival...
- Non-small-cell lung cancer: reirradiation for loco-regional relapse previously treated with radiation therapyTakuhito Tada
Department of Radiology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 10:247-50. 2005..We evaluated the efficacy and toxicity of reirradiation for patients with loco-regional relapse of non-small-cell lung cancer after radiation therapy...
- Prognostic factors for the survival of surgically treated patients for non-small cell lung cancerOswaldo J C B Fernandes
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Acta Oncol 42:338-41. 2003..It is concluded that the best surgical results were observed in women who were operated on at an early stage of disease. A complete resection also contributed to a better outcome, even for patients in stage IIIA and N2 disease...
- Characteristics and prognosis of patients after resection of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma measuring 2 cm or less in greatest dimensionMorihito Okada
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi City, Hyogo, Japan
Cancer 98:535-41. 2003..Therefore, in the current study, the authors analyzed the clinical characteristics of patients who underwent complete resection of these lung tumors, the follow-up data, and the significant prognostic factors...
- Overexpression of Ang-2 mRNA in non-small cell lung cancer: association with angiogenesis and poor prognosisIwao Takanami
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:849-53. 2004..0028). These data indicate that Ang-2 may contribute to tumor angiogenesis and progression and that Ang-2 gene expression can serve as a useful prognostic marker in NSCLC...
- Integrated classification of lung tumors and cell lines by expression profilingCarl Virtanen
Chugai Pharmaceuticals, 3 41 8 Takada, Toshima ku, Tokyo 171 8545, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12357-62. 2002....
- [Cohort KBP-2000-CPHG: Evaluation of factors influencing survival in lung cancer]F Blanchon
Service de Pneumologie, Hôpital de Meaux, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:165-71. 2006..Lung cancer continues to have a poor prognosis despite some therapeutic advances...
- Combination of interventional pulmonology techniques (Nd:YAG laser resection and brachytherapy) with external beam radiotherapy in the treatment of lung cancer patients with Karnofsky Index < or =50V Canak
Institute for Pulmonary Diseases of Vojvodina, Sremska Kamenica, Clinic for Pulmonary Oncology, Department for Interventional Pulmonology, Medical Faculty, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
J BUON 11:447-56. 2006..To compare Nd: YAG laser resection with Nd: YAG laser plus brachytherapy and external beam radiotherapy (EBRT) in the palliation of malignant central airway obstruction symptoms due to lung cancer...
- Comparison of human lung cancer/SCID mouse tumor xenografts and cell culture growth with patient clinical outcomesT M Anderson
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, A 249 Carlton Building, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 129:565-8. 2003..The ability to propagate tumors in vitro appears to be more dependent upon the histological type of tumor and its degree of differentiation...
- Prognostic implications of cell cycle-related proteins in primary resectable pathologic N2 nonsmall cell lung cancerSherif Mohamed
Department of Thoracic Surgery Graduate School of Medicine Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Cancer 109:2506-14. 2007..For the current study, to select an appropriate therapeutic strategy for each patient, patients with N2 NSCLC were stratified into homogenous subgroups according to the expression profiles of cell cycle-related markers...
- Prognostic factors for survival of stage I nonsmall cell lung cancer patients : a population-based analysis of 19,702 stage I patients in the California Cancer Registry from 1989 to 2003S H Ignatius Ou
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, California 92868, USA
Cancer 110:1532-41. 2007....
- Early response to platinum-based first-line chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer may predict survivalBhawna Sirohi
Lung Unit, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Thorac Oncol 2:735-40. 2007..We examined radiographic response after two courses of platinum-based induction chemotherapy to see whether this is an early predictor of outcome...
- Can serum markers be used to predict acute and late toxicity in patients with lung cancer? Analysis of RTOG 91-03William F Hartsell
Lutheran General Cancer Center, Park Ridge, IL, USA
Am J Clin Oncol 30:368-76. 2007....
- Carbon ion radiotherapy for stage I non-small cell lung cancer using a regimen of four fractions during 1 weekTadaaki Miyamoto
Research Center Hospital for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:916-26. 2007..On the basis on the results, a phase II study using a regimen of four fractions during 1 week was performed. The purpose of the present study was to determine the local control and 5-year survival rates...
- Surgical treatment for octogenarians with lung cancer: results from a population-based series of 124 patientsHes A P Brokx
Department of Pulmonology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thorac Oncol 2:1013-7. 2007..Previous reports on the outcome of surgery for lung cancer in octogenarians were mainly derived from single institutions. In contrast, this study presents results for all hospitals in a region of 3 million inhabitants...
- The 3' UTR IGF2R-A2/B2 variant is associated with increased tumor growth and advanced stages in non-small cell lung cancerAthanassios Kotsinas
Department of Histology and Embryology, Molecular Carcinogenesis Group, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Cancer Lett 259:177-85. 2008..In conclusion, the IGF2R-A2/B2 variant probably provides a selective advantage for NSCLC progression through increased tumor growth...
- Low frequency of p53 and k-ras codon 12 mutations in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) tumors and surgical marginsOzgur Vatan
Department of Biology, Science and Art Faculty, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Tumori 93:473-7. 2007..Molecular methods may be exploited that are sensitive enough to detect small numbers of tumor cells...
- Prognostic role of serum cytokeratin 19 fragments in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: association of marker changes after two chemotherapy cycles with different measures of clinical response and survivalB Nisman
Department of Oncology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Br J Cancer 98:77-9. 2008..63 (P=0.01), respectively. In advanced NSCLC patients, NP reflects therapeutic efficacy better than traditional OR. CYFRA 21-1 >or=35% decline seems to be a reliable surrogate marker of treatment efficacy in terms of survival...
- Increased expression of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (MMP-2) predicts tumour recurrence and unfavourable outcome in non-small cell lung cancerTero Leinonen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Histol Histopathol 23:693-700. 2008..017, p=0.001 and p=0.021, p=0.008, respectively). The present study shows the significant prognostic value of MMP-2 in NSCLC suggesting that the use of MMP-2 is valuable in determining the patients with more aggressive disease...
- Adenomatous polyposis coli gene promoter hypermethylation in non-small cell lung cancer is associated with survivalJ Brabender
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, CA 90033, USA
Oncogene 20:3528-32. 2001..High APC promoter methylation is significantly associated with inferior survival, showing promise as a biomarker of biologically aggressive disease in NSCLC...
- Five-year lung cancer screening experience: CT appearance, growth rate, location, and histologic features of 61 lung cancersRebecca M Lindell
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, Charlton 2 290, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Radiology 242:555-62. 2007....
- Sequential chemotherapy in nonsmall-cell lung cancer: cisplatin and gemcitabine followed by docetaxelAnna Ceribelli
Division of Medical Oncology A, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Cancer 109:727-31. 2007....
- Biological and prognostic role of acid cysteine proteinase inhibitor (ACPI, cystatin A) in non-small-cell lung cancerT Leinonen
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Pathology and Forensic Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
J Clin Pathol 60:515-9. 2007..Acid cysteine protease inhibitor (ACPI) is an intracellular protein, often linked to neoplastic changes in epithelium and thought to have an inhibitory role in malignant transformation...
- Clinical usefulness of serum telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) mRNA and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mRNA as a novel tumor marker for lung cancerNorimasa Miura
Department of Pathophysiological and Therapeutic Science, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Nishicho 86, Yonago, Tottori 683 8503, Japan
Cancer Sci 97:1366-73. 2006..The data suggest that hTERT mRNA, especially when combined with EGFR mRNA, is a novel and excellent biomarker for pulmonary malignancies to diagnose and assess the clinical stage...
- Expression of glutathione S-transferase pi and glutathione synthase correlates with survival in early stage non-small cell carcinomas of the lungTimothy C Allen
The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Hum Pathol 38:220-7. 2007..Manipulation of GST-pi and GSH2 may be a potential basis for treatment of some NSCLC...
- Comorbidity and KPS are independent prognostic factors in stage I non-small-cell lung cancerSelim Firat
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 52:1047-57. 2002..To determine the prognostic role of comorbidity in Stage I non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with surgery or radiotherapy (RT)...
- Prognosis of non-surgically treated, clinical stage I lung cancer patients in JapanAkira Motohiro
Department of Surgery, National Minamifukuoka Chest Hospital, 4 39 1, Yakatabaru, Minami Ku, Fukuoka 815, Japan
Lung Cancer 36:65-9. 2002..However, some of these patients are not candidates for surgery because of several medical problems. We analyzed prognosis of non-surgically treated, clinical stage I lung cancer patients...
- Survival and risk model for stage IB non-small cell lung cancerJ Padilla
Servicio de Cirugía Torácica, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Avda de Campanar 21, 46009 Valencia, Spain
Lung Cancer 36:43-8. 2002....
- Apoptotic tumor-cell death in response to cell proliferation is influenced by p53 status in resected non-small cell lung cancerFumihiro Tanaka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawahara cho 53, Sakyo ku 606 8397, Japan
Lung Cancer 36:27-32. 2002..These results clearly demonstrated that active cell proliferation and reduced apoptotic cell death in response to cell proliferation resulted in the poor postoperative prognosis in tumor with aberrant expression of p53...
- Prognostic relevance of proliferating cell nuclear antigen and p53 expression in non-small cell lung cancerD Dworakowska
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Medical University of Gdansk, 7 Debinki St 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
Lung Cancer 35:35-41. 2002..These results suggest the lack of prognostic relevance of p53 and PCNA expression in surgically treated NSCLC patients...
- MCM2 is an independent predictor of survival in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerN Ramnath
Lung Cancer Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:4259-66. 2001..Whether MCM2 is predictive of response to therapy needs to be studied...
- [Results of surgical treatment for primary lung cancer; time trends of survival and clinicopathologic features]T Osaki
Department of Surgery II, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Japan. Yahatanishi-ku, Kitakyushu 807-8555, Japan
J UOEH 23:277-83. 2001..4 years. The histologic type included 453 adenocarcinoma, 282 squamous cell carcinoma, and 63 large cell carcinoma. The pathologic stage included 203 stage I A, 171 stage I B, 21 stage II A, 117 stage II B, 180 stage III A,..
- Bronchogenic carcinoma and secondary aspergillosis--common yet unexplored: evaluation of the role of bronchoalveolar lavage-polymerase chain reaction and some nonvalidated serologic methods to establish early diagnosisMohammed Shahid
Section of Mycology and Molecular Biology, Department of Medical Microbiology, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Cancer 113:547-58. 2008..However, the frequency of secondary aspergillosis in bronchogenic carcinoma still has not been defined clearly in the literature...
- [Benefits of cisplatin-based polychemotherapy in non-small cell bronchogenic carcinoma. Kyushu Lung Cancer Chemotherapy Study Group]M Ohta
Dept of Chest Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 15:1901-8. 1988..One hundred nineteen patients with adenocarcinoma or large cell carcinoma were randomized to receive cyclophosphamide, adriamycin, cisplatin and mitomycin C (CAPM) or mitomycin C, ..
- [Quantitative analysis of thyroid transcription factor-1 mRNA expressions in primary lung cancer and its metastatic foci]Xiao Yan Bai
Department of Pathology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 28:20-5. 2008....
- Outcome and treatment strategy in female lung cancer: a single institution experienceS Cicenas
Institute of Oncology, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Adv Med Sci 55:273-80. 2010..To assess the survival rate of female lung cancer treated at the Institute of Oncology of the Vilnius University, Lithuania during the period between 1996-2005...
- Dose-response relationship between probability of pathologic tumor control and glucose metabolic rate measured with FDG PET after preoperative chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancerNoah C Choi
Department of Radiation Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 100 Blossom Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:1024-35. 2002....
- Diversity in expression and prognostic significance of G1/S cyclins in human primary lung carcinomasYoh Dobashi
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Pathol 199:208-20. 2003..Conversely, in adenocarcinoma (AC), proliferating cells revealed cyclin E positivity. Cases of large cell carcinoma showed heterogeneous cyclin E staining patterns, unlike those of SCC or AC...
- Relationship between maximum standardized uptake value (SUVmax) of lung cancer and lymph node metastasis on FDG-PETAtsushi Nambu
Department of Radiology, University of Yamanashi, 1110 Shimokawato, Chuo, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 23:269-75. 2009..To evaluate the relationship between SUVmax of primary lung cancers on FDG-PET and lymph node metastasis...
- Neurotensin causes tyrosine phosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase in lung cancer cellsJulius Leyton
Cell and Cancer Biology Department, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bldg KWC, Rm 300, 9610 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 442:179-86. 2002..Neurotensin bound with high affinity to large cell carcinoma cell line NCI-H1299 as did neurotensin-(8-13), but not neurotensin-(1-7) or levocabastine...
- Antiproliferative effect of Toona sinensis leaf extract on non-small-cell lung cancerChih Jen Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Transl Res 155:305-14. 2010..different non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell lines: H441 cells (lung adenocarcinoma), H661 cells (lung large cell carcinoma) and H520 cells (lung squamous cell carcinoma)...
- Analysis of c-myc DNA amplification in non-small cell lung carcinoma in comparison with small cell lung carcinoma using polymerase chain reactionS Mitani
Department of Pathology, Kanagawa Prefectural College of Nursing and Medical Technology, Yokohama, Japan
Clin Exp Med 1:105-11. 2001..5 to more than 20.0 in adenocarcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma, and from 6.0 to 12.0 in large cell carcinoma. That of small cell carcinoma ranged from 1.8 to 12.0...
- The right upper lobe pulmonary resection performed through the transcervical approachMarcin Zielinski
Department of Thoracic Surgery Pulmonary Hospital, Zakopane, Poland
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:766-9. 2007..Preliminary report: presentation of the new technique of transcervical right upper lobectomy with transcervical extended mediastinal lymphadenectomy (TEMLA) for NSCLC...
- Familial risk of cancer by site and histopathologyKari Hemminki
Department of Biosciences, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Cancer 103:105-9. 2003..Also noteworthy were familial risks of hepatocellular carcinoma (2.48), pancreatic adenocarcinoma (1.92), large cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of the lung (2.29 and 2.18, respectively) and clear cell carcinoma of the kidney (2.73)...
- Lung carcinoma: diffusion-weighted mr imaging--preliminary evaluation with apparent diffusion coefficientMunetaka Matoba
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa Medical University, Kahoku, Ishikaw, Japan
Radiology 243:570-7. 2007..Materials and..
- Morphological and molecular aspects of cancerogenesis in the lungL Chyczewski
Department of Clinical Molecular Biology, Medical Academy, Białystok, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 39:149-52. 2001..9%) of squamous cell carcinoma, 42 (23.3%) of adenocarcinoma and 32 (17.8%) of large cell carcinoma. P53 protein and PCNA expressions were detected immunohistochemically (using formalin-fixed, paraffin-..
- Discordant findings in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: absolutely normal bone scans versus disseminated bone metastases on positron-emission tomography/computed tomographyIlknur Ak
Eskisehir Osmangazi University Medical Faculty, Department of Nuclear Medicine, 26480 Eskisehir, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 37:792-6. 2010....
- Radical cystectomy for primary neuroendocrine tumors of the bladder: the university of southern california experienceMarcus L Quek
Departments of Urology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Urol 174:93-6. 2005..We reviewed our experience with treating these tumors with radical cystectomy to evaluate their histopathological characteristics and clinical outcomes...
- Association of moderate alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency with lung cancer in the Serbian populationAleksandra S Topic
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arch Med Res 37:866-70. 2006..investigate the association of alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (AATD) with lung cancer in patients with four different histological types of cancer: squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinomas, large cell carcinoma and small cell carcinoma.
- Gemcitabine and docetaxel as second-line chemotherapy for patients with nonsmall cell lung carcinoma who fail prior paclitaxel plus platinum-based regimensC Kosmas
Department of Medicine, Medical Oncology Unit, Helena Venizelou Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cancer 92:2902-10. 2001..In the current Phase II study, the authors evaluated the combination of gemcitabine and docetaxel in patients with recurrent NSCLC...
- Comparison of MET-PET and FDG-PET for differentiation between benign lesions and lung cancer in pneumoconiosisKakuko Kanegae
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 21:331-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the ability of C-11-methionine (MET) and F-18 fluoro-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography (FDG-PET) to diagnose lung cancer in patients with pneumoconiosis...
- Identification of five candidate lung cancer biomarkers by proteomics analysis of conditioned media of four lung cancer cell linesChris Planque
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G1X5, Canada
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:2746-58. 2009..backgrounds (non-small cell lung cancer: H23 (adenocarcinoma), H520 (squamous cell carcinoma), and H460 (large cell carcinoma); small cell lung cancer: H1688) to identify secreted or membrane-bound proteins that could be useful as ..
- Complete remissions in chemotherapy of lung cancer models induced in mice by asbestosWilliam E Smith
Health Research Institute, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ, USA
Mt Sinai J Med 72:23-32. 2005..As a single agent, aziridinylbenzoquinone (AZQ) increased life span but gave no CRs. There were CRs of ASB XIII in all of 8 mice after toxic combined therapy with PCNU and AZQ. There were no CRs in 66 control mice bearing ASB XIII...
- hASH1 expression is closely correlated with endocrine phenotype and differentiation extent in pulmonary neuroendocrine tumorsShi Xu Jiang
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Mod Pathol 17:222-9. 2004..Finally, hASH1 expression correlated with a significantly shortened survival in small-cell carcinoma patients (P=0.041)...
- Flow cytometric analysis of Hoechst 33342 uptake as an indicator of multi-drug resistance in human lung cancerS A Morgan
Clinical Oncology and Radiotherapeutics Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Br J Cancer 60:282-7. 1989..A drug resistant large cell carcinoma line showed only a small reduction (10%) in nuclear binding when compared to the parent line, and this ..
- Proliferative activity and micronucleus frequency after radiation of lung cancer cells as assessed by the cytokinesis-block method and their relationship to clinical outcomeY Shibamoto
Department of Oncology, Chest Disease Research Institute, Kyoto University, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 4:677-82. 1998..9 days for squamous cell carcinoma (n = 13), 27% and 6.5 days for large cell carcinoma (n = 3), and 30% and 7.0 days for small cell carcinoma (n = 4)...
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung: a comparison with large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine morphology and small cell carcinomaWei Xia Peng
Department of Tumor Pathology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 39 22 Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Lung Cancer 47:225-33. 2005..neuroendocrine differentiation, LCNEC was immunohistochemically and molecular biologically compared with large cell carcinoma with neuroendocrine morphology (LCCNM), which lacked only biological neuroendocrine differentiation among ..
- Topotecan plus ifosfamide in patients with platinum refractory advanced/metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: a phase II trialVito Lorusso
Department of Medical Oncology, Oncology Institute, Via Amendola 209, 70126 Bari, Italy
Oncol Rep 14:1547-51. 2005..median age was 63 years (range 43-76); cell types were: squamous carcinoma (n=17), adenocarcinoma (n=16), large cell carcinoma (n=3), broncho-alveolar carcinoma (n=2) and undifferentiated carcinoma (n=4)...
- PREOPERATIVE TREATMENT OF LUNG CANCER WITH rhuMab VEGFGregory Otterson; Fiscal Year: 2003..Careful comparison/analysis of clinical and biologic information gathered in this study will likely enhance our understanding of tumor growth and progression as well as response to therapy. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Regulating Noncanonical NF-kB SignalingShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of this revision project is to understand the molecular mechanism by which a protein kinase, NIK, regulates inflammatory T-cell production and EAE pathogenesis. ..
- Role of Paxillin in Lung CancerRavi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2009..In large cell carcinoma, for example, mutational frequency is up to 18%...
- Modeling Airway Lung Cancer and the Role of InflammationFrancesco DeMayo; Fiscal Year: 2007..These subtypes are adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, small cell carcinoma, and large cell carcinoma. Currently, squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma are the most common type of lung cancer in the ..
- Role of Paxillin in Lung CancerRavi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2010..In large cell carcinoma, for example, mutational frequency is up to 18%...
- Role of Paxillin in Lung CancerRavi Salgia; Fiscal Year: 2009..In large cell carcinoma, for example, mutational frequency is up to 18%...
- Role of IGFBP -3 in mediating p53-induced apoptosisAdda Grimberg; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies also reflect Dr. Grimberg?s long-term career goals of exploring the interrelatedness of endocrine and oncologic molecular biology principles and applying them to clinical problems of dysregulated growth. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Mediating NF-kB2/p100 ProcessingShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- International Lung Cancer Consortium: Pooled analysis o*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Notch signaling in brain tumorsCharles Eberhart; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, it is not known if persistent activation of Nbtch2 is sufficient to initiate the formation of medulloblastoma. In Aim IV, we will introduce activated Notch2 into cerebellar precursor cells and assess its transforming capacity. ..
- Molecular Mechanism of Genistein (Isoflavone) in Prostate CancerFazlul Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Bioimaging in Radiotherapy for Lung CancerNoah Choi; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Lung Cancer Prognosis: FLT PET and DNA HypermethylationHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2007..This prognostic information will permit individualization and optimization of therapy for the 41,000 early stage NSCLC patients undergoing surgical resection each year in the United States. ..
- Signaling Functions of the Tumor Suppressor CYLDShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..2) Examine how CYLD negatively regulates peripheral T-cell activation and whether the CYLD deficiency causes autoimmunity. (3) Investigate the biochemical mechanism and functional significance of CYLD phosphorylation. ..
- Novel Targets of Indoles in Prostate CancerFazlul Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Targeting Akt/NF-kappa beta for Pancreatic Cancer TherapyFazlul Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will provide mechanistic as well as pre-clinical data in support of our hypotheses and may open new and novel avenues for the treatment of human pancreatic cancer. ..
- Molecular Mechanisms Mediating NF-kB2/p100 ProcessingShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FoxM1: A molecular target in pancreatic cancerFazlul H Sarkar; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test our hypothesis by three specific aims using molecular approaches in vitro and by using animal models in vivo (both orthotopic mouse model and transgenic mouse models of PC). ..
- Stat3 in EGFR Driven Non-Small Cell Lung CancerEric B Haura; Fiscal Year: 2010..mutant EGFR proteins, (2) to characterize the role of Stat3 in regulating proliferation and survival of EGFR-dependent NSCLC, and (3) to evaluate the effects of gefitinib on EGFR-Stat3 signaling in vivo in a prospective clinical trial ..
- The IKK/Tpl2 axis of TLR signalingShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Notch signaling in brain tumorsCHARLES GEORGE EBERHART; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim IV, we will introduce activated Notch2 into cerebellar precursor cells and assess its transforming capacity. ..
- Regulation of T-cell function and autoimmune inflammation by deubiquitinase CYLDShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2010..This knowledge is important for rational design of effective immunological therapies. ..
- Multicentric Pooled Analysis of Second Primary CancerPaul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2004..g., ultraviolet light); (ii) an investigation of rare cancer types (e.g., bone cancer or sarcomas); and (iii) an investigation of second primary cancers which may be increased due to treatment of a first primary cancer (e.g., leukemia). ..
- THE BIOLOGY OF LUNG CANCER-- FDG AND FLUOROTHYMIDINE PETHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2004..By performing a biologic grading of resectable NSCLC with FDG PET, we will predict which patients will have a worse outcome. This information will allow individualized therapy. ..
- ALVEOLAR TYPE II CELL GROWTH IN INJURYRANDOLPH HASTINGS; Fiscal Year: 2003..The project will evaluate the potential use of PTHrP-related therapeutic interventions that might speed or improve recovery following silica-induced lung injury. ..
- ACTIVATION OF IKB KINASE BY HTLV-I TAXShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- NIK KINASE AND T CELL COSTIMULATIONShao Cong Sun; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is also expected that novel signaling molecules will have been isolated which function in the T cell co-stimulatory pathway. ..
- Lung Cancer Prognosis: FLT PET and DNA HypermethylationHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2009..This prognostic information will permit individualization and optimization of therapy for the 41,000 early stage NSCLC patients undergoing surgical resection each year in the United States. ..
- CANCER AND LEUKEMIA GROUP BMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The grant will also allow for continuation of meritorious pilot protocols and will allow GCC to monitor and collect data which will produce mutual benefit to the GCC and CALGB. ..
- PHASE I TRIALS OF ANTICANCER AGENTSMartin Edelman; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Molecular Epidemiology of Esophageal Cancer PrognosisGeoffrey Liu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the proposed studies address directly a prioritized research area identified by the NCI Stomach and Esophageal Cancers Progress Review Group (Year 2002). ..
- FLT PET to Plan the Best Therapy for Lung CancerHubert Vesselle; Fiscal Year: 2007..At the conclusion of this study, the insight gained in the response of stage III NSCLCs will allow clinicians to plan the best therapy for these patients. ..
- Pilot for a Multicenter Case-Control Study of Pancreatic Cancer in a High Risk r*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of a full study have the potential to identify important lifestyle and occupational risk factors for pancreatic cancer and inform future prevention efforts against pancreatic cancer. ..