Genomes and Genes
acinar cell carcinoma
Summary: A malignant tumor arising from secreting cells of a racemose gland, particularly the salivary glands. Racemose (Latin racemosus, full of clusters) refers, as does acinar (Latin acinus, grape), to small saclike dilatations in various glands. Acinar cell carcinomas are usually well differentiated and account for about 13% of the cancers arising in the parotid gland. Lymph node metastasis occurs in about 16% of cases. Local recurrences and distant metastases many years after treatment are common. This tumor appears in all age groups and is most common in women. (Stedman, 25th ed; Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 3d ed, p1240; from DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p575)
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Ductal and acinar differentiation in pancreatic endocrine tumorsTerumi Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 47:2254-61. 2002..Only one K-ras gene mutation and no p53 gene alterations were detected in these tumors, which suggests that they constitute an entity with a different origin than ductal carcinomas...
- Pancreatic-type acinar cell carcinoma of the stomach beneath a focus of pancreatic metaplasia of the gastric mucosaAndrea Ambrosini-Spaltro
Section of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Oncology and Hematology, University of Bologna, Bellaria Hospital, 40139 Bologna, Italy
Hum Pathol 40:746-9. 2009b>Acinar cell carcinoma is an uncommon type of carcinoma of the pancreas that can exceptionally arise in ectopic pancreatic tissue...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridization to visualize genetic abnormalities in interphase cells of acinar cell carcinoma, ductal adenocarcinoma, and islet cell carcinoma of the pancreasGordon W Dewald
Division of Laboratory Genetics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 84:801-10. 2009To use fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) to visualize genetic abnormalities in interphase cell nuclei (interphase FISH) of acinar cell carcinoma, ductal adenocarcinoma, and islet cell carcinoma of the pancreas.
- Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma: a multi-institutional studyJesus M Matos
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1495-502. 2009The presentation and outcome of patients with acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) of the pancreas compared to the more common ductal cell adenocarcinoma (DCA) may be distinct...
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas in the United States: prognostic factors and comparison to ductal adenocarcinomaC Max Schmidt
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:2078-86. 2008Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is a rare tumor with poorly defined prognosis.
- Primary acinar cell carcinoma of the liverValerie Hervieu
Service Central d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Virchows Arch 452:337-41. 2008We report a case of acinar cell carcinoma primary to the liver...
- Acinar cell carcinoma versus solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas in children: a comparison of two rare and overlapping entities with review of the literatureBeatriz Tapia
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:384-90. 2008Primary epithelial tumors of the pancreas are extremely uncommon in children, and among these, acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is the most rare...
- Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma with excessive alpha-fetoprotein expressionP Kolb-van Harten
Department of Internal Medicine, Israelitic Hospital, University of Hamburg Academic Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Pancreatology 7:370-2. 2007We report a case of acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas associated with excessively elevated levels of serum alpha-fetoprotein (>32,000 ng/ml)...
- Two cases of 18 F-FDG PET/CT findings in acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreasKentaro Takanami
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 34:209-12. 2009..They underwent F-18 FDG PET/CT and subsequently a pancreaticoduodenectomy and acinar cell carcinoma in the pancreas was proven histopathologically...
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes from an institutional series of acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas and related tumorsKyle D Holen
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4673-8. 2002b>Acinar cell carcinoma is a rare tumor of the exocrine pancreas. Clinical features such as prognostic information, survival, and treatment outcomes are unknown. We present the largest retrospective review to date.
- Differential diagnosis of salivary acinic cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma (NOS). A comparison of (immuno-)histochemical markersStephan Ihrler
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 198:777-83. 2002..In conclusion, we recommend CK 7 and 18 as the most valuable markers in cases with difficult differential diagnosis between ACC and AC-NOS...
- 672 patients with acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: a population-based comparison to pancreatic adenocarcinomaNicholas C Wisnoski
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0542, USA
Surgery 144:141-8. 2008b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is a rare cancer of the pancreas accounting for approximately 1% of nonendocrine tumors...
- Mixed acinar-endocrine carcinoma of the pancreas. A clinicopathological study and comparison with acinar-cell carcinomaNobuyuki Ohike
First Department of Pathology, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, 42 8555 Tokyo, Japan
Virchows Arch 445:231-5. 2004..The frequent identification of endocrine cells in these tumors suggests the existence of a pluripotent cell of origin that is capable of differentiating into acinar and endocrine cells...
- Genetic and immunohistochemical analysis of pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma: frequent allelic loss on chromosome 11p and alterations in the APC/beta-catenin pathwaySusan C Abraham
Department of Pathology, Division of GI LiverPathology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2196, USA
Am J Pathol 160:953-62. 2002..These results indicate that ACCs are genetically distinct from pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas, but some cases contain genetic alterations common to histologically similar pancreatoblastomas...
- Long-term survival in a patient with acinar cell carcinoma of pancreas. A case report and review of literatureMonique Antoine
Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
JOP 8:783-9. 2007b>Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas is a rare malignancy that may have acinar and endocrine differentiation. Clinical practice guidelines exist for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma...
- Femoral neck fracture as a complication of lipase-secreting pancreatic acinar cell carcinomaMasao Hashimoto
Surgery 142:779-80. 2007
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: clinical and computed tomography manifestationsYi You Chiou
Department of Radiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, and School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:180-6. 2004b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is a subtype of pancreatic neoplasm sufficiently rare that its imaging has not been fully analyzed. The purpose of this article is to present the computed tomography (CT) appearance of ACC of the pancreas.
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreasRachel Pimenta Riechelmann
Department of Oncology, Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital, Sao Paulo, SP 05651 90, Brazil
Int J Gastrointest Cancer 34:67-72. 2003b>Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas is a rare tumor for which the best chemotherapy regimen has not been clearly established...
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: is the absence of neuroendocrine component related to a more malignant behavior?Marcel Cerqueira C Machado
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 55:708-10. 2008..This discrepancy in prognosis may be related to the cellular components of the tumor...
- Long-term survival after a repetitive surgical approach in a patient with acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas and recurrent liver metastases: report of a caseAtsushi Suzuki
Second Department of Surgery, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Higashi ku, Hamamatsu, 431 3192, Japan
Surg Today 40:679-83. 2010b>Acinar cell carcinoma is a relatively rare malignant neoplasm, which represents 1%-2% of all pancreatic exocrine tumors. Its prognosis is thought to be poor, especially when it metastasizes to the liver...
- Pancreatic ducts as an important route of tumor extension for acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreasDaisuke Ban
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1025-36. 2010b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) of the pancreas is very rare, which usually grows expansively...
- Metastatic acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas responding to gemcitabine, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin therapy: a case reportS M Sorscher
Department of Internal Medicine, Oncology Section, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 18:318-9. 2009b>Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas is rare tumour with a generally poor prognosis. There are very few reports of tumour regression following chemotherapy...
- Curative resection of a primarily unresectable acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas after chemotherapyMarius Distler
Department of General, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 7:22. 2009b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) represents only 1-2% of pancreatic cancers and is a very rare malignancy. At the time of diagnosis only 50% of the tumors appear to be resectable...
- Subcutaneous fat necrosis as the presenting feature of a pancreatic carcinoma: the challenge of differentiating endocrine and acinar pancreatic neoplasmsSean K Martin
Baylor College of Medicine, Ben Taub General Hospital, Houston, TX, USA
Pancreas 38:219-22. 2009..Accurate diagnosis of these tumors is necessary to determine prognosis and define appropriate therapy...
- [A case of liver metastasis of pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma treated with S-1 and intra-arterial CDDP combination therapy]Masahiko Fujii
Department of Surgery, National Hospital Organization, Kochi National Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 37:1987-90. 2010A 55-year-old man underwent a pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy in August 2006 because of acinar cell carcinoma of the head of the pancreas...
- Cushing's syndrome in a child with pancreatic acinar cell carcinomaGyorgy Illyes
Second Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, Ulloi ut 93, Budapest, 1091, Hungary
Endocr Pathol 18:95-102. 2007..Two years later, the patient died with metastatic disease. The presented case of ACC is interesting due to high serum AFP values and ectopic ACTH secretion resulting in Cushing's syndrome...
- CT and MRI features of pure acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas in adultsServet Tatli
Department of Radiology, Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis St, Boston, MA 02115, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:511-9. 2005We sought to describe the CT and MRI features of pure acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas in adults.
- Pancreatic endocrine tumor with partial acinar cell differentiationKyoko Minakawa
Internal Medicine, Prefecture Medical Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyoto, Japan
APMIS 114:720-5. 2006..Neuroendocrine and zymogen granules were simultaneously observed in the cytoplasm of the same neoplastic cells at the ultrastructural level. The tumor may be considered an amphicrine tumor...
- Locally advanced acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas successfully treated by capecitabine and concurrent radiotherapy: report of two casesJae Lyun Lee
Department of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pancreas 27:e18-22. 2003
- The c-myc and PyMT oncogenes induce different tumor types in a somatic mouse model for pancreatic cancerBrian C Lewis
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genes Dev 17:3127-38. 2003..Our model appears to be useful for elucidating the genetic alterations, target cells, and signaling pathways that are important in the genesis of different types of pancreatic cancer...
- Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma with endocrine differentiation: immunohistochemical and ultrastructural analysesK Tobita
Department of Surgery, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Kanagawa, Japan
Anticancer Res 21:2131-4. 2001..We present here a rare case of acinar cell carcinoma with apparent foci of endocrine differentiation...
- Cytology of pancreatic acinar cell carcinomaEdward B Stelow
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 34:367-72. 2006b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) of the pancreas is extremely uncommon and its cytologic features have rarely been described...
- Nonductal neoplasms of the pancreasDavid S Klimstra
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Mod Pathol 20:S94-112. 2007..The most common and best-characterized nonductal neoplasms are pancreatic endocrine neoplasm, acinar cell carcinoma, pancreatoblastoma, and solid pseudopapillary neoplasm...
- Four cases of pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma treated with gemcitabine or S-1 as a single agentYoshitaka Seki
Division of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 39:751-5. 2009Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is a comparatively rare tumor and account for approximately 1% of all cases of pancreatic cancer. Clinical presentation is usually related to either local spread or metastasis...
- A long-term survivor of metastatic acinar cell carcinomaMasao Hashimoto
Pancreas 34:271-2. 2007
- [Pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposis]Belhassen Seket
Fédération des spécialités digestives, Hopital E Herriot, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:818-20. 2003..After total pancreatectomy and antrectomy, histological examination revealed an acinar cell carcinoma and duodenal adenomas with low and high-grade dysplasia, but no cancer...
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: clinical analysis of 115 patients from Pancreatic Cancer Registry of Japan Pancreas SocietyHidehiko Kitagami
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Pancreas 35:42-6. 2007b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) of the pancreas is a rare tumor, and many aspects remain unclear because no large-scale clinical studies have been conducted.
- Acinar cell carcinoma arising from an ectopic pancreasYoshimasa Mizuno
Department of Surgery, Kizawa Memorial Hospital, 590 Shimokobi, Kobi cho, Minokamo, Gifu 505 0034, Japan
Surg Today 37:704-7. 2007We herein report a rare case of ectopic pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) which presented as a submucosal tumor of the pylorus. A 73-year-old man came to our hospital presenting with epigastralgia...
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas: an institutional series of resected patients and review of the current literatureAkhil K Seth
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 North Wolfe Street, Carnegie 683, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:1061-7. 2008b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) is a rare, malignant neoplasm with a generally poor prognosis. We report our institutional series of 14 patients with ACC to determine current guidelines for their evaluation and treatment.
- Pancreatic acinar cell carcinomaN G Ordonez
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 8:144-59. 2001..Although ACCs present a bland histology, they are highly malignant and the survival of patients with these tumors, even though better than that of those with ductal cell carcinomas, is generally poor...
- [Primary cancer of the parotid gland: an anatomoclinical approach]J Paris
Fédération d Oto Rhino Laryngologie et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, CHU La Timone, Marseille, France
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 105:309-15. 2004..Carcinoma of the parotid gland presents a wide variety of clinical presentations, behaviors and prognoses. The aim of this study was to define the characteristic clinical presentations and the prognostic factors of these tumors...
- Salivary gland neoplasms in children: the experience of the Istituto Nazionale Tumori of MilanMarco Guzzo
Otorhinolaryngology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:806-10. 2006..These results are presented in conjunction with a literature review of salivary tumors with a view to providing an up-to-date overview of the clinical course, prognosis, and treatment options for this rare tumor...
- [Pathogenesis of endocrine tumors of the pancreas]Wataru Kimura
Department of Gastroenterological and General Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Nihon Geka Gakkai Zasshi 109:133-42. 2008..There are three possible origins of endocrine tumors of the pancreas: Langerhans islets cells, ductular cells, and acinar cells...
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology of pancreatoblastoma in a young woman: report of a case and review of the literatureLee Ching Zhu
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 33:258-62. 2005..The literature was reviewed and the cytological features of all the four cases of pancreatoblastoma are summarized...
- Ultrasonography guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of parotid gland massesYucel Akbas
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 13:15-8. 2004..The specificity, sensitivity and accuracy of ultrasonography guided fine needle aspiration biopsy of parotid gland masses were assessed...
- Acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas: report of rare case and review of the literaturePiergiuseppe Colombo
Department of Pathology, Humanitas Clinical Institute, University of Milan School of Medicine, Rozzano, Milan, Itlay
Hum Pathol 35:1568-71. 2004..Although this variant of adenocarcinoma of the pancreas is not prognostically different from the classic solid type (few patients survive more than 5 years), we believe that it is important because of its extreme rarity...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of a mixed acinar-endocrine carcinoma: a case reportHiroshi Imaoka
Am J Gastroenterol 103:2659-60. 2008
- Unique expression of MUC3, MUC5AC and cytokeratins in salivary gland carcinomasJi Hye Lee
Department of Pathology, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Pathol Int 55:386-90. 2005..These findings will be very useful for the differential diagnosis of the salivary gland carcinomas...
- Determinants of survival in parotid gland carcinoma: a population-based studyNeil Bhattacharyya
Division of Otolaryngology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 26:39-44. 2005..To determine survival and factors influencing survival for parotid gland cancer...
- Expression of novel markers of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma in pancreatic nonductal neoplasms: additional evidence of different genetic pathwaysDengfeng Cao
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231 2410, USA
Mod Pathol 18:752-61. 2005....
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology diagnosis of solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas: a case report and literature reviewCharitini Salla
Department of Cytology, Athens General Hospital, and Department of Pathology, Areteion University Hospital, 6 8 Stasinou Street, Athens 11635, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 13:5158-63. 2007..EUS-guided FNA diagnosis of SPTP is accurate. EUS findings, cytomorphologic features and immunostains of cell block help distinguish SPTP from pancreatic endocrine tumors, acinar cell carcinoma and papillary mucinous carcinoma.
- Distant metastasis of parotid gland tumorsIlona Schwentner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University Innsbruck, Austria
Acta Otolaryngol 126:340-5. 2006..On the basis of a clinical case regarding a patient with metastatic parotid gland cancer we present a review of the literature...
- Pancreatoblastoma in an adult: case report and review of the literatureSupriya Rajpal
University of California, San Francisco, Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:829-36. 2006..mass was nondiagnostic, and a subsequent fine needle aspiration of a liver mass was read as metastatic acinar cell carcinoma. The patient underwent a palliative resection for tumor-associated pain and gastrointestinal hemorrhage ..
- Uncommon solid pancreatic neoplasms: ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging featuresSejal Shah
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 28:357-70. 2007....
- Expression of Mcm-2, Ki-67 and geminin in benign and malignant salivary gland tumoursP A Vargas
Department of Oral Pathology, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 37:309-18. 2008..The aims of this study were to determine the expression of Mcm-2, Ki-67 and geminin in salivary gland (SG) tumours, and to evaluate their usefulness for diagnosis or for prediction of tumour behaviour...
- [Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas with predominant intraductal growth: report of a case]Magali Svrcek
Service d Anatomie et Cytologie Pathologiques Hôpital Saint Antoine, APHP, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:543-6. 2007b>Acinar cell carcinoma (ACC) of the pancreas accounts for approximately 1% of all exocrine pancreatic tumours. We report a rare form of ACC in a 66-year-old man. This tumour was revealed by epigastric pain and weight loss...
- Necrotizing panniculitis: a skin condition associated with acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreasAly Lakhani
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI 48067, USA
South Med J 101:554-5. 2008..Thorough investigation revealed stage IV acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas. The rash was a result of necrotizing PP...
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors with intraductal growth into the main pancreatic duct and tumor thrombus within the portal vein: a case report and review of the literatureHiroshi Kawakami
Department of Gastroenterology, Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo
Intern Med 46:273-7. 2007..This is the first reported case of a pancreatic endocrine tumor with intraductal growth into the main pancreatic duct and tumor thrombus within the portal vein...
- Intraductal and papillary variants of acinar cell carcinomas: a new addition to the challenging differential diagnosis of intraductal neoplasmsOlca Basturk
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:363-70. 2007..The clinical significance of this variant is difficult to determine; however, it appears that the tumors are relatively small and metastasis at presentation is less common than typically seen in ACCs (1/7 vs. 50%)...
- CK7+/CK20- immunoexpression profile is typical of salivary gland neoplasiaS Meer
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Anatomical Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Histopathology 51:26-32. 2007..To evaluate cytokeratin (CK) 7/20 expression patterns in salivary gland neoplasia...
- Implications of methylation patterns of cancer genes in salivary gland tumorsMichelle D Williams
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Clin Cancer Res 12:7353-8. 2006..We investigated the methylation status and protein expression of four tumor suppressor genes to determine their role in salivary gland tumorigenesis...
- Cytologic diagnosis of pancreatic endocrine tumors by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration: a reviewFuju Chang
Department of Histopathology, St Thomas Hospital, London, UK
Diagn Cytopathol 34:649-58. 2006....
- Acinic cell carcinoma of salivary gland with massive deposits of globular amyloidRicardo Drut
Department of Pathology, Superiora Sor Maria Ludovica Children s Hospital, La Plata, Argentina patologi netverk com ar
Int J Surg Pathol 16:202-7. 2008..Huge globular amyloid deposits, the suggested name for this material irrespective of the type of amyloid, have not been previously reported in ACC of salivary gland...
- The expression of the carboxyl ester lipase gene in pancreas and pancreatic adenocarcinomasReinhard Reuss
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Anthropology and Human Genetics, University Hospital Tubingen, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Int J Oncol 29:649-54. 2006..A minor expression was noted in a single sample of acinar cell carcinoma and adenocarcinomas did not show any expression...
- Update on pancreatic endocrine tumorsWendy L Frankel
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1218, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:963-6. 2006..chronic pancreatitis with neuroendocrine hyperplasia, ductal adenocarcinoma, solid pseudopapillary tumor, acinar cell carcinoma, and pancreatoblastoma...
- [Acinar cell carcinomas and pancreatoblastomas: related but not the same]B Sipos
Institut für Allgemeine Pathologie, Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 11, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Pathologe 26:37-40. 2005..Both tumor types commonly show allelic losses on chromosome 11p and mutations in the APC/beta-catenin signaling pathway. Pancreatoblastomas, in contrast to acinar cell carcinomas, are potentially curable...
- Pathologic quiz case: a pancreatic tumor in a 31-year-old womanNisreen Fidda
Department of Pathology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Ore, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:e321-2. 2003
- Multiple loss of heterozygosity without K-ras mutation identified by molecular analysis on fine-needle aspiration cytology specimen of acinar cell carcinoma of pancreasN Paul Ohori
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and UPMC Presbyterian, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 27:42-6. 2002Fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma (PAC) is challenging. Typically, the cytologic findings in PAC are described as a cellular population of loosely cohesive clusters and single neoplastic cells...
- Immunohistochemical distribution of CD9 in parotid gland tumorsKikuo Sakamoto
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Kurume University School of Medicine, Asahi machi 67, Kurume shi 830 0011, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 31:49-55. 2004..CD9 is a member of the tetra-membrane-spanning glycoprotein family called tetraspanin. CD9 suppresses breeding and motion in some types of cancer cells. At present, the expression of CD9 in the salivary gland has not yet been elucidated...
- [A case of AFP producing pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma diagnosed by EUS FNA and treated by intraarterial injection chemotherapy]Sayaka Mori
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 101:177-82. 2004
- ADAM9 expression in pancreatic cancer is associated with tumour type and is a prognostic factor in ductal adenocarcinomaR Grutzmann
Department of Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden 01307, Germany
Br J Cancer 90:1053-8. 2004..In addition, cytoplasmic ADAM9 overexpression is associated with poor differentiation and shortened survival. Therefore, ADAM9 overexpression might contribute to the aggressiveness of PDACs...
- Acinar cell carcinoma with hypervascularityJ D Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:107-11. 2001b>Acinar cell carcinoma is an uncommon malignancy with a reported incidence of 1% among exocrine tumors of the pancreas...
- Gastric carcinoma resembling pancreatic mixed acinar-endocrine carcinomaMasaharu Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Hum Pathol 33:569-73. 2002..The patient was well without tumor at the 7-month follow-up. It is important to know the existence of this type of gastric cancer and to not confuse it with a metastatic lesion of the pancreatic origin...
- Solid adenoma with exclusive hepatocellular differentiation: a new variant among pancreatic benign neoplasms?Peggy Cuilliere
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, CHU de Bicetre, 78 rue du General Leclerc, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Virchows Arch 441:519-22. 2002..The main differential diagnoses include hepatoid ductal adenocarcinoma, hepatoid acinar cell carcinoma, primitive hepatoid endocrine tumor, and metastatic hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Clinicopathological significance of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha expression in human pancreatic carcinomaT Kitada
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Histopathology 43:550-5. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate the clinicopathological significance of HIF-1alpha expression in pancreatic carcinoma...
- MUC1 and MUC2 expression in salivary gland tumors and in non-neoplastic salivary gland tissueSebastian Mannweiler
Institute of Pathology, University of Graz, Medical School, Graz, Austria
APMIS 111:978-84. 2003..In conclusion, the different expression pattern of MUC1 and MUC2 in salivary gland neoplasia may be of additional value for the classification of salivary gland tumors...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 37-2002. A 69-year-old man with painful cutaneous nodules, elevated lipase levels, and abnormal results on abdominal scanningStanley W Ashley
N Engl J Med 347:1783-91. 2002
- Contrast-enhanced transabdominal ultrasonography in the diagnosis of pancreatic mass lesionsK Takeda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Acta Radiol 44:103-6. 2003..In this study, we evaluated the diagnostic usefulness of contrast-enhanced transabdominal ultrasonography (CE-US) in pancreatic mass lesions that could be detected by US...
- Mixed duct-acinar-islet cell tumor of the pancreas: report of a caseK Tanakaya
Department of Surgery, Iwakuni National Hospital, Japan
Surg Today 31:177-9. 2001..Mixed tumors of the pancreas are rare, and their clinical features and pathogenesis remain unclear. A further accumulation of clinical cases as well as a large number of histopathological studies on these rare mixed tumors is needed...
- Tissue plasminogen activator in murine exocrine pancreas cancer: selective expression in ductal tumors and contribution to cancer progressionSusana Aguilar
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Dr Aiguader, 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 165:1129-39. 2004..Our findings indicate that murine and human pancreatic ductal tumors share molecular alterations in the tPA system that may play a role in tumor progression...
- Significance of preserving the posterior branch of the great auricular nerve in parotidectomyKazuhiko Yokoshima
Department of Otolaryngology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8603, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 71:323-7. 2004..In order to reduce the postoperative discomfort of the pinna, we tried to preserve the posterior branch of the great auricular nerve...
- Acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas metastatic to the ovary: a report of 4 casesEfsevia Vakiani
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 32:1540-5. 2008We report 4 cases of acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreas, 3 presenting as metastases in the ovary, the first report of this circumstance, which may pose a broad differential diagnosis and caused significant diagnostic difficulty in all ..
- Metastatic acinic cell carcinoma in a neurofibroma mistaken for carcinosarcomaMichael L Cohn
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 85, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Head Neck 27:76-80. 2005..Tumor-to-tumor metastasis is a rare, but well-recognized, entity most commonly involving metastatic carcinoma to a mesenchymal neoplasm. We report a case of acinic cell carcinoma of the parotid gland metastatic to a neurofibroma...
- Usefulness of beta-catenin immunostaining for the differential diagnosis of solid-pseudopapillary neoplasm of the pancreasYukichi Tanaka
Am J Surg Pathol 26:818-20. 2002
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration cytology diagnosis of solid-pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas: a rare neoplasm of elusive origin but characteristic cytomorphologic featuresRicardo H Bardales
Pathology Services, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN 55415, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:654-62. 2004..Clinical setting, cytomorphologic features, and immunostains of the cell block help distinguish SPTP from pancreatic endocrine tumors, acinar cell carcinoma, and papillary mucinous carcinoma.
- Expression of hMSH2 and hMLH1 proteins of the human DNA mismatch repair system in salivary gland tumorsGraziella Castrilli
Department of Oncology, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
J Oral Pathol Med 31:234-8. 2002..In particular, hMSH2 and hMLH1 are expressed in cells undergoing rapid renewal; their reduced expression has been reported in several tumors...
- Analysis of the tumour suppressor genes, FHIT and WT-1, and the tumour rejection genes, BAGE, GAGE-1/2, HAGE, MAGE-1, and MAGE-3, in benign and malignant neoplasms of the salivary glandsH Nagel
Department of Cytopathology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Robert Koch Straszligbeta e 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Mol Pathol 56:226-31. 2003....
- Autoradiographic localization of cholecystokinin (CCK) receptor expression during the development of azaserine-induced rat pancreatic carcinomaB J Tsuei
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Pancreas 13:401-6. 1996..001 for all groups). At 18 months of age, one azaserine-treated animal developed a pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma, which likewise exhibited significantly greater CCK binding than internodular pancreas or normal pancreas (..
- Central pancreatectomy: single-center experience of 50 casesMustapha Adham
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Department of Hepato Bilio Pancreatic Surgery and Transplantation, Hopital Edouard Herriot, 5 Place d Arsonval, 69437 Lyon Cedex 03, France
Arch Surg 143:175-80; discussion 180-1. 2008..neoplasms, 3 main pancreatic duct strictures, 2 solid cystic papillary tumors, 1 hydatid cyst, and 1 acinar cell carcinoma. The proximal pancreatic remnant was suture ligated...
- [Pancreatic panniculitis with intraductal carcinoid tumor of the pancreas divisum]O Outtas
Service de médecine polyvalente, CH Ussel, avenue du Dr Roullet, 19200 Ussel, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 131:466-9. 2004..Various pancreatic diseases are described with panniculitis of which most frequent are pancreatitis and acinar cell carcinoma. We report a case of an acute nodular panniculitis whose etiologic assessment allow of discover an ..
- Core fucosylation of E-cadherin enhances cell-cell adhesion in human colon carcinoma WiDr cellsDaisuke Osumi
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Cancer Sci 100:888-95. 2009..In alpha1,6-fucosyltransferase knock down mouse pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma TGP49 cells, the expression of E-cadherin and E-cadherin dependent cell-cell adhesion was decreased...
- Intraductal tubulopapillary neoplasms of the pancreas distinct from pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmsHiroshi Yamaguchi
Department of Pathology, Saitama International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Hidaka, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 33:1164-72. 2009..intraepithelial neoplasia, intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm, and the intraductal variant of acinar cell carcinoma. Intraductal tubular carcinomas showed several features that were similar to those of ITPN, except for the ..
- Derivation of ductlike cell lines from a transplantable acinar cell carcinoma of the rat pancreasO S Pettengill
Department of Pathology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire
Am J Pathol 143:292-303. 1993Two cell lines were derived from a transplantable acinar cell carcinoma that had been established from a primary carcinoma of the pancreas in an azaserine-treated Lewis rat...
- Intraductal acinar cell carcinoma of the pancreasA Fabre
Service d'Anatomie Pathologique, , , 92118 Clichy, France
Virchows Arch 438:312-5. 2001We describe a purely intraductal acinar cell carcinoma involving branch ducts of the pancreas in a 74-year-old man, which presented as recurrent episodes of acute pancreatitis...
- Malignant pancreatic tumors: incidence and outcome in 58 pediatric patientsEduardo A Perez
DeWitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:197-203. 2009..The purpose of the study was to examine current incidence trends and outcomes for children with pancreatic malignancies...
- Long-term survival after surgical resection for pancreatic cancerK Yoshizawa
Department of Surgery, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Minami Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:1153-6. 2001..We investigated the clinicopathologic features of patients with pancreatic cancer who survived more than 5 years to draw out some suggestions concerning the indication of surgical treatment...
- Cystic forms of typically solid pancreatic tumorsN V Adsay
Department of Pathology, The Karmanos Cancer Institute, Harper Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Semin Diagn Pathol 17:81-8. 2000..Also, although acinar cell carcinoma is typically a solid tumor, its rare cystic counterpart, "acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma," has been ..
- Does 18F-FDG PET/CT play a role in the differential diagnosis of parotid massesD Rubello
Department of Nuclear Medicine, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
Panminerva Med 47:187-9. 2005..The aim of the present study was to assess the accuracy of an hybrid PET/CT scanner in the evaluation of newly diagnosed parotid masses, comparing the results with those reported in the literature with using PET scanners only...
- Down-regulation of trypsinogen expression is associated with growth retardation in alpha1,6-fucosyltransferase-deficient mice: attenuation of proteinase-activated receptor 2 activityWenzhe Li
Department of Glycotherapeutics, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Glycobiology 16:1007-19. 2006..In a cell culture system, a Fut8 knockdown mouse pancreatic acinar cell carcinoma, TGP49-Fut8-KDs, showed decreased growth rate, similar to that seen in Fut8-/- mice, and the decreased ..
- A case of mixed acinar-endocrine carcinoma of the pancreas discovered in an asymptomatic subjectT Ogawa
Department of Surgery, Yamada Red Cross Hospital, Mie, Japan
Int J Pancreatol 27:249-57. 2000..The preoperative diagnosis was "special type of pancreatic tumor such as acinar cell carcinoma or non-functioning islet cell tumor." The patient was treated by pylorus-preserving pancreatoduodenectomy...
- Solid and cystic papillary neoplasms of the pancreas: report of four casesMurat Zeytunlu
Department of General Surgery, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:178-82. 2004..In this report we present four cases with solid and cystic papillary neoplasms (SCPN) of the pancreas, and discuss the histopathological and immunohistochemical findings with a review of the literature...
- A flexible somatic and sporadic mouse model for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBrian Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such an advance would benefit public health by reducing the mortality associated with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular mediators of metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaBrian C Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..