Genomes and Genes
Summary: An adenocarcinoma in which the tumor elements are arranged as finger-like processes or as a solid spherical nodule projecting from an epithelial surface.
Publications172 found, 100 shown here
- Prognosis of stage III or IV primary peritoneal serous papillary carcinomaG Dubernard
Institut Gustave Roussy, 39 rue Camille Desmoulins, 94805 Villejuif, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 30:976-81. 2004..To study the prognosis of patients with stage IIIC/IV primary peritoneal serous papillary carcinoma (PSPC) (study group) compared with that of patients with epithelial ovarian carcinoma (EOC) (control group)...
- Phase II study of sequential doublets: topotecan and carboplatin, followed by paclitaxel and carboplatin, in patients with newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancerAlan N Gordon
Texas Oncology, P A, Charles A Sammons Cancer Center, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:533-9. 2004..This study evaluated sequential doublets of topotecan and carboplatin, followed by paclitaxel and carboplatin, in newly diagnosed advanced ovarian cancer patients...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the prostateMichio Naoe
Department of Urology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Urol 11:1036-8. 2004..Immunohistochemically, the tumor originated from the prostate...
- Cystadenocarcinoma (papillary cystadenocarcinoma) of the submandibular glandA Harimaya
Department of Otolaryngology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine and the Sapporo Hospital of Hokkaido Railway Company, Japan
J Laryngol Otol 120:1077-80. 2006Cystadenocarcinoma (papillary cystadenocarcinoma) of the salivary gland is a rare malignant neoplasm...
- Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural study of a papillary cystadenocarcinoma arising from the sublingual glandI Kobayashi
Department of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 28:282-6. 1999Immunohistochemical and ultrastructural findings in a rare case of papillary cystadenocarcinoma arising from the left sublingual gland of a 55-year-old Japanese man are reported...
- A case of syringocystadenocarcinoma papilliferum in situ occurring partially in syringocystadenoma papilliferumYasuhiro Arai
Department of Dermatology, Osaka Medical College, Japan
J Dermatol 30:146-50. 2003....
- Uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC): a single institution review of 129 casesBrian M Slomovitz
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 91:463-9. 2003..The identified characteristics were then correlated with overall survival (OS)...
- Boron neutron capture therapy for papillary cystadenocarcinoma in the upper lip: a case reportY Kimura
Department of Dentistry and Oral Surgery, Division of Medicine for Function and Morphology of Sensory Organs, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki City, Osaka, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:293-5. 2009..The authors report their first experience of BNCT on a patient with no history of surgery, chemotherapy or conventional radiotherapy for papillary cystadenocarcinoma in the upper lip.
- Familial invasive and borderline ovarian tumors by proband status, age and histologyKari Hemminki
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Cancer 105:701-5. 2003..Histopathology and age of onset appear to be important attributes of familial ovarian cancer, suggesting that further gene identification efforts should target a specific histopathology in early-onset patients...
- [Papillary cystadenocarcinoma in a Müllerian duct cyst: report of a case with literature review]Jun Ping Xing
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medicine School, Xi an Jiaotong University, Shaanxi, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:218-21. 2006..To study the diagnosis and treatment of Müllerian duct cysts and their involvement with malignancy...
- Patients with uterine papillary serous cancers may benefit from adjuvant platinum-based chemoradiationM G Kelly
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, PO Box 2080 63, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:469-73. 2004..Only complete surgical staging accurately depicts the extent of this disease. The purpose of this study was to evaluate different therapeutic options in surgically staged patients...
- Prognosis of papillary serous, clear cell, and grade 3 stage I carcinoma of the endometriumWilliam T Creasman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:593-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate patients with uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC), clear cell (CC), and grade 3 endometrioid (G3) surgically stage I endometrial cancer...
- Analysis of cytogenetic alterations in stage III serous ovarian adenocarcinoma reveals a heterogeneous group regarding survival, surgical outcome, and substageKarolina Partheen
Department of Oncology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 40:342-8. 2004..On the basis of our results, we suggest that there are biological differences among the groups mentioned above and that absence of chromosomal aberrations in specific regions predicts a good clinical outcome for individual patients...
- [Comparison of primary extraovarian peritoneal serous papillary carcinoma with stage III-IV ovarian papillary serous carcinoma]Yu nong Gao
Department of Gynecology and Oncology, Oncology Hospital, Peking University School of Oncology, Beijing 100036, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 27:171-3. 2005..The purpose of this study is to investigate the clinical findings, treatment, and outcome of EPSPC patients compared with stage III-IV OPSC patients...
- Can optimal primary cytoreduction be predicted in advanced stage epithelial ovarian cancer? Role of preoperative serum CA-125 levelBasil Obeidat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 57:153-6. 2004....
- Julian CG, Woodruff JD. The biologic behavior of low-grade papillary serous carcinoma of the ovary. Obstet Gynecol 1972; 40:860-7Roy M Pitkin
Obstet Gynecol 102:452. 2003
- Angiogenesis in endometrial carcinoma: correlation with survival and clinicopathologic risk factorsSema Ozuysal
Department of Pathology, Bursa, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 55:173-7. 2003..01). However, MVD was not an independent prognostic factor in multivariate analysis. Increased angiogenesis was found to be associated with advanced stage and decreased survival in endometrial carcinoma...
- Early ovarian cancer: what is the staging impact of retroperitoneal node sampling?W Faught
Division of Gynaecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 25:18-21. 2003..Unresolved is the relative frequency or importance of the lymph node dissection...
- Diagnostic criteria and behavior of ovarian seromucinous (endocervical-type mucinous and mixed cell-type) tumors: atypical proliferative (borderline) tumors, intraepithelial, microinvasive, and invasive carcinomasHeidi W Shappell
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1529-41. 2002..We therefore recommend the term "seromucinous" for these tumors, which acknowledges both their serous and mucinous features...
- P53 and Bcl-2 as prognostic predictors in epithelial ovarian cancerR A M Sagarra
Department of Medical Clinic Clinical Oncology, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:720-7. 2002..FIGO stage proved to be the only significant independent prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer, although residual disease remains correlated with disease-free survival...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 37-2004. A 52-year-old woman with postmenopausal bleeding and a cystic ovarian massRichard T Penson
Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2531-8. 2004
- Microdissection-based mutational genotyping of serous borderline tumors of the ovaryUma Krishnamurti
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:56-61. 2005..Although the majority of SBTs seem to be monoclonal, a minor subset may be multiclonal in origin...
- Borderline epithelial tumors of the ovaryWilliam R Hart
The Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Mod Pathol 18:S33-50. 2005..All of these issues are discussed in this presentation, as are the important gross and microscopic features of serous and mucinous borderline tumors and pertinent information on their treatment and prognosis...
- Outcome after combined modality treatment for uterine papillary serous carcinoma: a study by the Rare Cancer Network (RCN)Hadassah Goldberg
Division of Oncology, Rambam Health Care Campus and Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Gynecol Oncol 108:298-305. 2008..Uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC) is a rare subtype of endometrial carcinoma, characterized by a poor outcome. We sought to better analyze the effect of surgery and adjuvant therapies on this disease...
- Pilot phase II trial of radiation "sandwiched" between combination paclitaxel/platinum chemotherapy in patients with uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC)Abbie L Fields
Virginia Gynecologic Oncology, 7603 Forest Avenue, Suite 207, Richmond, VA 23229, USA
Gynecol Oncol 108:201-6. 2008....
- Racial disparities in surgical treatment and survival of epithelial ovarian cancer in United StatesJohn K Chan
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obsetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, San Francisco, CA 94143 1702, USA
J Surg Oncol 97:103-7. 2008..To compare the racial differences in treatment and survival of epithelial ovarian cancer patients...
- Stage I ovarian carcinoma: different clinical pathologic patternsLiane Deligdisch
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, New York, NY 10029, USA
Fertil Steril 88:906-10. 2007..To analyze clinicopathologic patterns of early ovarian carcinoma...
- Is adjuvant therapy necessary for stage IA and IB uterine papillary serous carcinoma and clear cell carcinoma after surgical staging?J S Kwon
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77230 1439, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:820-4. 2008..Further prospective evaluation of different adjuvant therapy practices is required for early-stage UPSC and CCC, which may be useful in the design of future clinical trials...
- The power Doppler velocity index, pulsatility index, and resistive index can assist in making a differential diagnosis of primary ovarian carcinoma and Krukenberg tumors: a preliminary studyChih Yao Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Ultrasound Med 26:921-6; quiz 927-9. 2007....
- Expression of PAX2 in papillary serous carcinoma of the ovary: immunohistochemical evidence of fallopian tube or secondary Müllerian system origin?Guo Xia Tong
Department of Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Mod Pathol 20:856-63. 2007....
- Differences of chemoresistance assay between invasive micropapillary/low-grade serous ovarian carcinoma and high-grade serous ovarian carcinomaA Santillan
Kelly Gynecology Oncology Service, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:601-6. 2007..These observations may help to guide chemotherapeutic decision making in these patients if confirmed in a large-scale study...
- Preservation of pregnancy in a patient with advanced ovarian cancer at 20 weeks of gestation: case report and literature reviewM Modares Gilani
Department of Gynecology Oncology, Vali Asr Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:1140-3. 2007..Combination chemotherapy during pregnancy with preservation of the fetus could be considered, and should be discussed with caution in case of epithelial ovarian cancer diagnosed during the second trimester of the pregnancy...
- Primary papillary serous carcinoma of the peritoneum: report of a case with diagnosis by fine needle aspiration and immunocytochemistryNuria Alberti
Department of Pathology, 12 de Octubre University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Acta Cytol 51:203-6. 2007..To the best of our knowledge, the preoperative and the fine needle aspiration diagnosis of this disorder have not been reported before...
- Patients having prophylactic surgery for family history or known genetic mutations: why save the uterus?John P Geisler
Gynecol Oncol 104:780-1. 2007
- [Synchronous primary cancer of the endometrium and ovary]Han Mei Lou
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Zhejiang Cancer Hospital, Hangzhou 310022, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:617-20. 2006..7%). Most of them had early stage I lesion (66.7%). endometrioid carcinomas was the main pathologic type (66.7%). All patients were treated surgically followed by chemotherapy with a 3-year survival rate of 66.7% (8/12)...
- [Treatment results in endometrial cancer in patients of reproductive age]E E Vishnevskaia
Vopr Onkol 52:451-4. 2006..1 times as frequent as light-cell, seroso-papillary, moderately-, low- and undifferentiated adenocarcinoma characterized by unfavorable clinical course. Overall 5-year survival was 89.8% (stage I--94.8%, II--78.6%, III-IV--69.7%)...
- The utility of presurgical CA125 to predict optimal tumor cytoreduction of epithelial ovarian cancerT S Barlow
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:496-500. 2006..001). In a multivariate analysis using CA125, age, and ascites, the area under the curve was 0.686. We conclude that preoperative serum CA125 did not reliably predict OD in patients with stage III-IV EOC...
- A 54-year-old woman with menorrhagia. Mixed mucinous and endometrioid carcinoma with small nonvillous papillaeOluwole Fadare
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:400-2. 2006
- Improved survival in surgical stage I patients with uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC) treated with adjuvant platinum-based chemotherapyMichael G Kelly
Division of Gynecology Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Gynecol Oncol 98:353-9. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of adjuvant platinum-based chemotherapy and vaginal cuff radiation in a large cohort of surgical stage I UPSC patients...
- Uterine papillary serous carcinoma (pure and mixed type) compared with moderately and poorly differentiated endometrioid carcinoma. A clinicopathologic studyR Halperin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:300-4. 2002....
- Micropapillary serous carcinoma of the ovary has distinct patterns of chromosomal imbalances by comparative genomic hybridization compared with atypical proliferative serous tumors and serous carcinomasAnnette Staebler
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Hum Pathol 33:47-59. 2002..Other cases of MPSC with independent genetic alterations may represent another subset of tumors that are a distinct entity from APST and SC...
- Improved tolerance of primary chemotherapy with reduced-dose carboplatin and paclitaxel in elderly ovarian cancer patientsAmanda Nickles Fader
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Gynecol Oncol 109:33-8. 2008..Elderly cancer patients are less likely to tolerate chemotherapy. We sought to compare the toxicity profiles and outcomes of elderly ovarian cancer patients treated with standard versus reduced-dose i.v. carboplatin/paclitaxel...
- u-PA expression in benign, borderline and malignant ovarian tumorsA D Kiziridou
Department of Pathology, Theagenion Anticancer Institute of Thessaloniki, Greece
Anticancer Res 22:985-90. 2002..In conclusion there are noticeable differences in u-PA expression among ovarian tumors and u-PA increase in ovarian tumors can be attributed to an increased diffuse cytoplasmic content in the neoplastic epithelial cells...
- Is there a difference in outcome between stage I-II endometrial cancer of papillary serous/clear cell and endometrioid FIGO Grade 3 cancer?Kaled M Alektiar
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:79-85. 2002..The purpose of this study was to compare the outcome between PS/CC and endometrioid International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) Grade 3 cancer and was limited to patients with Stage I-II uterine carcinoma...
- Mutations in the BRCA1-associated RING domain (BARD1) gene in primary breast, ovarian and uterine cancersT H Thai
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Hum Mol Genet 7:195-202. 1998..These findings suggest an occasional role for BARD1 mutations in the development of sporadic and hereditary tumors...
- Overexpression of HER-2/neu in uterine serous papillary cancerAlessandro D Santin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas, Little Rock 72205 7199, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:1271-9. 2002..In this study, we have evaluated the expression of HER-2/neu in several fresh, established, paraffin-embedded, fixed USPCs. In addition, we have tested the sensitivity of USPC cells to Herceptin treatment...
- Papillary serous carcinoma of peritoneum: case study and review of the literature on the differential diagnosis of malignant peritoneal tumorsH A Koutselini
Department of Cytopathology, Areteion Hospital, The Athens National and Capodistrian University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Adv Clin Path 5:99-104. 2001..Differential diagnosis from ovarian cancer was possible only after the pathological examination of the surgically resected ovaries; the tumor showed minimal superficial invasion of the ovarian cortex...
- The effect of residual mass size on response to chemotherapy after surgical cytoreduction for advanced ovarian cancer: long-term resultsC T Griffiths
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:323-31. 2002..Cytoreduction is not always required but even large-volume disease in the upper abdomen can be safely excised. The concept that masses larger than 10 cm indicate general chemoresistance has not been sustained...
- A comparative analysis of 57 serous borderline tumors with and without a noninvasive micropapillary componentBrian M Slomovitz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 26:592-600. 2002..Stage I MSBTs demonstrate clinical features that are similar to low-stage SBTs. Focal micropapillary architecture (<5 mm) has no bearing on outcome. MSBTs in the general population are not strongly associated with invasive implants...
- Ribosomal DNA methylation in patients with endometrial carcinoma: an independent prognostic markerMatthew A Powell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer 94:2941-52. 2002..The objective of this study was to investigate the prognostic significance of ribosomal DNA (rDNA) methylation in patients with endometrial carcinoma...
- Value of mesothelial and epithelial antibodies in distinguishing diffuse peritoneal mesothelioma in females from serous papillary carcinoma of the ovary and peritoneumR L Attanoos
Department of Histopathology, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust, Penarth, Vale of Glamoran, UK
Histopathology 40:237-44. 2002....
- Impact of maintenance chemotherapy on disease-free survival in patients with stage Ic and II epithelial ovarian cancerN Tanaka
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba City, Japan
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:281-6. 2002..To evaluate the impact on disease free survival (DFS) with maintenance chemotherapy following complete surgery and adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with stage Ic and II epithelial ovarian cancer by a retrospective study...
- CK7+/CK20- immunoexpression profile is typical of salivary gland neoplasiaS Meer
Division of Oral Pathology, Department of Anatomical Pathology, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Histopathology 51:26-32. 2007..To evaluate cytokeratin (CK) 7/20 expression patterns in salivary gland neoplasia...
- Retiform pattern of Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary in a 4-year-old girlVibha Kawatra
Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Dehli, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:176-9. 2009..a retiform pattern pose difficult diagnostic problems, with the majority being misinterpreted as serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma and endodermal sinus tumor...
- Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of a minor salivary gland in the upper lip: case reportErdinc Aydin
Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery 6 Cadde No 72 2, 06490 Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
Auris Nasus Larynx 32:301-4. 2005..This lesion was included in the 1991 World Health Organization Classification as "papillary cystadenocarcinoma," and that same year the United States Armed Forces Institute of Pathology classified it as "..
- Fascin expression in serous tumors of ovary correlates with aggressiveness of malignancyYong H Wen
Department of Pathology, NYU School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 28:187-92. 2009..tumors, and low grade or type I serous carcinoma at the lower end and type II or high-grade serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma at the higher end...
- MRI findings of papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the submandibular glandMustafa Koc
Department of Radiology, Firat University Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 16:20-3. 2010b>Papillary cystadenocarcinoma is an extremely rare malignant tumor of the salivary glands...
- Familial risk of cancer by site and histopathologyKari Hemminki
Department of Biosciences, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Cancer 103:105-9. 2003..Familial risks of over 4.0 were found for serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the ovary, papillary thyroid cancer and low-grade astrocytoma. Familial risks of over 3...
- Intraoral minor salivary gland tumors: a clinicopathological study of 82 casesM Toida
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:528-32. 2005..n = 8), acinic cell carcinoma (n = 3), adenocarcinoma (n = 2), basal cell adenocarcinoma (n = 1), papillary cystadenocarcinoma (n = 1), and carcinoma in pleomorphic adenoma (n = 2)...
- Osteosarcoma of the myometrium synchronous with bilateral papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the ovary and papillary adenocarcinoma of the cervixF Basolo
Institute of Pathologic Anatomy and Histology, University of Pisa, Italy
Tumori 74:227-31. 1988..an extremely rare case of a 60-year-old woman with myometrial osteosarcoma associated with bilateral papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the ovary and papillary adenocarcinoma of the cervix...
- Liver transplantation for malignant disease. Results in 93 consecutive patientsR J Polson
Liver Unit, King s College Hospital, School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, England
Ann Surg 207:373-9. 1988..2 years, and the one patient with bile-duct papillary cystadenocarcinoma is alive at 1.7 years...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the lacrimal glandXiujun Peng
Department of Ophthalmology, Navy General Hospital, Beijing 100037, China
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 42:15-9. 2010..The patient refused further cranio-orbital resection or preoperative/postoperative radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Following for nine years found no local recurrence or systemic metastasis...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the sublingual gland presenting as a ranulaM Danford
Wessex Centre for Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Salisbury
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 30:270-2. 1992A case is reported of a papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the sublingual gland which presented as a ranula. This is both rare in site and mode of presentation.
- Prognostic value of laminin-5 in serous adenocarcinomas of the ovaryPetra Kohlberger
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Vienna University Medical School, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Anticancer Res 22:3541-4. 2002..In serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the ovary, Laminin alpha 1, beta 2, beta 3 and gamma 2 chains are present in about 50% of the ..
- A rare case of serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the testisC Leonardo
Department of Urology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Androl 31:434-6. 2010The serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma is a rare testicular neoplasm, which depending on the histological features can behave more or less aggressive, thus leading to a not always predictable prognosis...
- Mixed mesodermal tumor of the ovary: immunohistochemical study with histogenetic considerationR Haba
First Department of Pathology, Kagawa Medical School, Japan
Acta Pathol Jpn 43:696-701. 1993..The epithelial component was serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma in case 1 and 3, and endometrioid adenocarcinoma in case 2...
- Zosteriform metastatic skin cancer: report of three cases and review of the literatureY Kikuchi
Department of Dermatology, Aomori Prefectural Central Hospital, Aomori, Japan
Dermatology 202:336-8. 2001..Metastatic skin cancer is a rare complication of internal malignancies. Patients who do develop skin metastases seldom present with a zosteriform distribution...
- Abnormalities of the RB1 pathway in ovarian serous papillary carcinoma as determined by overexpression of the p16(INK4A) proteinJane E Armes
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Australia
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:363-8. 2005..RB1 protein expression abnormalities were rare. Our data indicate that abnormalities in the retinoblastoma pathway, as determined by p16 overexpression, are common in serous papillary carcinomas and are probably an early event...
- Refined diagnostic criteria for implants associated with ovarian atypical proliferative serous tumors (borderline) and micropapillary serous carcinomasK A Bell
Department of Pathology, Division of Gynecologic Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:419-32. 2001..Accordingly, we propose that these extraovarian lesions be designated "well-differentiated serous carcinoma."..
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma arising from minor salivary glands in the anterior portion of the tongue: a case reportTakashi Nakagawa
Department of Otolaryngology, Sumitomo Hospital, 5 3 20 Nakanoshima, Kita ku, Osaka 530 0005, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 29:87-90. 2002b>Papillary cystadenocarcinoma is a rare malignant neoplasm of the salivary gland...
- Histologic and immunohistochemical analysis of tissue response to adenovirus-mediated herpes simplex thymidine kinase gene therapy of ovarian cancerA Hasenburg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Freiburg University Medical Center, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:66-73. 2002..ADV-HSV-tk GT appears to eliminate cells with higher differentiation first and might induce fibrosis. Dedifferentiation might render residual cells more sensitive to chemotherapy secondary to their subsequent higher mitotic activity...
- Malignant pericardial tamponade secondary to papillary serous adenocarcinoma of the ovaryMiry Blich
Department of Cardiology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 9:337-8. 2007
- The role of abdominal-pelvic radiotherapy in the management of uterine papillary serous carcinomaJanice Kwon
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 59:1439-45. 2004..To evaluate the role of abdominal-pelvic radiotherapy (APR) as adjuvant treatment for uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC)...
- [Apropos of 1 case of paratesticular papillary serous cystadenocarcinoma]F Dupre
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalier Princesse Grace, BP, Monaco
Ann Pathol 21:63-6. 2001..This article reports a primary serous paratesticular cystadenocarcinoma in a 39 year-old man. From data of the literature, we offer guidelines for diagnosis, histogenesis and treatment of this rare tumor...
- Relationship between surgical volume and clinical outcome: should pediatric surgeons be doing pancreaticoduodenectomies?Roshni Dasgupta
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Pediatr Surg 40:793-6. 2005..We examined whether this relationship is applicable in pediatric surgery, given that very few cases are done regularly by pediatric surgeons even at tertiary centers...
- Single-stage maxillary and nasal floor reconstruction with the double-paddle rectus abdominis musculocutaneous free flapCharles K Herman
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, USA
J Reconstr Microsurg 23:131-5. 2007..This reconstructive technique should be considered a viable method that can alleviate the functional and cosmetic debility associated with these defects...
- Response of combination platinum and gemcitabine chemotherapy for recurrent epithelial ovarian carcinomaJeannine Villella
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:539-45. 2004..It has been postulated that gemcitabine inhibits DNA repair, and platinum resistance is due to increased DNA repair activity. The addition of gemcitabine to platinum-based agents may have synergistic tumoricidal activity...
- Solid pseudopapillary tumour of the pancreas: diverse presentation, outcome and histologyJonathan A Adamthwaite
Department of Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, United Kingdom
JOP 7:635-42. 2006..Solid pseudopapillary tumour of the pancreas is an uncommon tumour, which predominantly occurs in young females and is of unknown origin...
- Evaluation of a region on chromosome 1p in ovarian serous carcinoma that is frequently deleted in uterine papillary serous carcinomaT J Herzog
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Gynecol Oncol 82:139-42. 2001....
- Ovarian mixed-epithelial carcinomas with a microcystic pattern and signet-ring cellsM Che
Department of Pathology, Box 85, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:323-8. 2001..It is important for pathologists to recognize these unusual findings in ovarian neoplasms, because they may produce a confusing apperance, even potentially suggesting a metastasis...
- Immunohistochemical comparison of primary peritoneal and primary ovarian serous papillary carcinomaR Halperin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin 70300, Israel
Int J Gynecol Pathol 20:341-5. 2001..The significantly different immunohistochemical expression of ER, PR, Ki-67, and HER-2 in PPSPCs compared with OSPCs suggests that different molecular events may lead to tumorigenesis in these two cancers...
- Metastases to breast simulating ductal carcinoma in situ: report of two cases and review of the literatureD Gupta
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Houston, TX 77030-1501, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 5:15-20. 2001..When there is any unusual histomorphology, a good degree of suspicion is necessary. Ann Diagn Pathol 5:15-20, 2001...
- Clinical and molecular differences between clear cell and papillary serous ovarian carcinomaGamal H Eltabbakh
Lake Champlain Gynecologic Oncology, 364 Dorset Street, Suite 2, S Burlington, VT 05403, USA
J Surg Oncol 93:379-86. 2006....
- High serum levels of interleukin-6 in endometrial carcinoma are associated with uterine serous papillary histology, a highly aggressive and chemotherapy-resistant variant of endometrial cancerStefania Bellone
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
Gynecol Oncol 98:92-8. 2005....
- [Peritoneal papillary serous carcinoma in a patient with previous surgery for breast cancer: clinical case]C Amanti
Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Il Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia, Dipartimento di Chirurgia, Italy
G Chir 27:45-8. 2006..She show some of the yet described clinical findings. At the surgery we found the typically serous peritoneal localizations. We performed a debulking, and the patient died 14 months after the operation due to the disease progression...
- Treatment of uterine papillary serous carcinoma with paclitaxelL Ramondetta
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
Gynecol Oncol 82:156-61. 2001..The aim of this study was to determine the effectiveness and toxicity of monthly treatment with intravenous paclitaxel for women with advanced or recurrent uterine papillary serous carcinoma (UPSC)...
- Characterization of a human carcinosarcoma cell line of the ovary established after in vivo change of histologic differentiationV J Mobus
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stadtische Kliniken Frankfurt a M, Frankfurt, Germany
Gynecol Oncol 83:523-32. 2001..The establishment of ovarian cancer cell lines with rare histologic differentiation is especially of interest. We describe the establishment of a carcinosarcoma cell line of the ovary after in vivo selection...
- Bilateral inflammatory breast metastases of epithelial ovarian cancerM Ozguroglu
Department of Internal Medicine, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Turkey
Am J Clin Oncol 22:408-10. 1999..She died within 3 months of breast involvement. Our case has unique features, with both bilateral breast metastases and also with its inflammatory pattern of metastasis, which is extremely rare...
- [A case of extraovarian primary peritoneal carcinoma successfully treated with weekly paclitaxel]Shin Nishio
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kumamoto Municipal Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 29:309-12. 2002..Weekly 1-hour paclitaxel (70 mg/m2) was well tolerated, yet was effective for extraovarian primary peritoneal carcinoma...
- Serous borderline tumors of the ovary: a long-term follow-up study of 137 cases, including 18 with a micropapillary pattern and 20 with microinvasionJaime Prat
Department of Pathology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Autoamous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Surg Pathol 26:1111-28. 2002..The micropapillary pattern alone does not imply an unfavorable prognosis; only micropapillary tumors associated with invasive implants behave aggressively...
- Malignant transformation of an intraaxial-supratentorial neurenteric cyst - case report and review of the literatureC P Dunham
Children s and Women s Health Center of British Columbia, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Neuropathol 28:460-6. 2009..is consistent with a neurenteric cyst exhibiting malignant transformation into an invasive mucinous papillary cystadenocarcinoma. Areas of direct transition between typical benign neurenteric cyst epithelia and malignant epithelia (..
- Scalp metastasis of a serous ovarian cancerHideo Matsui
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:577-8. 2002
- Significance of comprehensive surgical staging in noninvasive papillary serous carcinoma of the endometriumJohn K Chan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Gynecol Oncol 90:181-5. 2003..Data for analysis were collected from hospital charts, office records, and tumor registry files...
- Consolidation treatment of advanced ovarian carcinoma with radiotherapy after induction chemotherapyB Sorbe
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:192-5. 2003..The overall relapse rate was reduced by 33% and the pelvic recurrences by 43% by consolidation radiotherapy. On the other hand, treatment-related side effects were more frequent in the radiotherapy group...
- Woody handsA B Alexandroff
Department of Dermatology, Addenbrookes Hospital, CB2 2SP, Cambridge, UK
Lancet 361:1344. 2003
- Paraaortic paraganglioma arising in an ovarian carcinoma patient mimicking lymph node metastasisFumihisa Chishima
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:204-8. 2010..First, she underwent bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. Serous papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the left ovary was found, and so a second surgery was performed...
- A large cystic tumor with bile duct communication originating around the hepatic hilumIsamu Makino
Department of Surgery, Houju Memorial Hospital, Department of Gastroenterologic Surgery, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 19:77-80. 2010..Ovarian-like stroma was not observed. This lesion was diagnosed as a cystic variant of intraductal papillary neoplasm of the bile duct. The patient is alive with no recurrence for 18 months since the surgery...
- Management of 100 consecutive cases of pancreatic serous cystadenoma: wait for symptoms and see at imaging or vice versa?Claudio Bassi
Surgical Gastroenterological Department, Endocrine and Pancreatic Unit, Hospital G B Rossi, University of Verona, 37134, Verona, Italy
World J Surg 27:319-23. 2003..This is mainly relevant to the oligocystic forms, which account for about one fourth of all serous tumors observed...
- Expression of soluble interleukin-6 receptor in malignant ovarian tissueKellie S Rath
Department of Cancer and Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:230.e1-8. 2010..The objective of the study was to investigate interleukin-6 receptor (IL6R) isoforms and sheddases in the ovarian tumor microenvironment...
- Treatment of micropapillary serous ovarian carcinoma (the aggressive variant of serous borderline tumors)Jeffrey D Seidman
Cancer 95:675-6. 2002
- [Serous-papillary endometrial carcinoma (clinico-morphological features)]A F Urmancheeva
Medical Academy for Further Education, St Petersburg
Vopr Onkol 48:679-83. 2002..05). High incidence of association of metastasis and superficial or deep invasion was reported for SPEC. This tumor should be classified as pathogenetic variant II of clinico-morphological changes...
- Dendritic Cell Immunotherapy for Cervical CancerAlessandro Santin; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study will determine whether E7 antigen-loaded autologous DC vaccination offers the potential of therapeutic benefit for patients with HPV16 or HPV18-associated cervical cancer. ..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....