Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant neoplasm derived from glandular epithelium, in which cystic accumulations of retained secretions are formed. The neoplastic cells manifest varying degrees of anaplasia and invasiveness, and local extension and metastases occur. Cystadenocarcinomas develop frequently in the ovaries, where pseudomucinous and serous types are recognized. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Biliary cystadenoma and other complicated cystic lesions of the liver: diagnostic and therapeutic challengesAnthony Y B Teoh
Department of Surgery, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong SAR, China
World J Surg 30:1560-6. 2006..Biliary cystadenomas are complicated cystic lesions of the liver. They are rare and pose considerable diagnostic and therapeutic challenges...
- Mammary analogue secretory carcinoma of salivary glands, containing the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene: a hitherto undescribed salivary gland tumor entityAlena Skalova
Department of Pathology, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Surg Pathol 34:599-608. 2010..salivary gland neoplasm, with features resembling both salivary acinic cell carcinoma (AciCC) and low-grade cystadenocarcinoma, and displaying strong similarities to breast secretory carcinoma...
- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: two rare cystic liver lesionsM Koroglu
Department of Radiology, GATA, Ankara, Turkiye
JBR-BTR 89:261-3. 2006A case of hepatobiliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma and a case of biliary cystadenocarcinoma are presented. Hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma are rare liver lesions that are difficult to diagnose preoperatively...
- MRI findings of papillary cystadenocarcinoma of the submandibular glandMustafa Koc
Department of Radiology, Firat University Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 16:20-3. 2010Papillary cystadenocarcinoma is an extremely rare malignant tumor of the salivary glands...
- Hepatobiliary cystadenocarcinoma with cystadenoma elements of the gall bladder in an old manTadashi Terada
Department of Pathology, Shizuoka Municipal Shimizu Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Pathol Int 53:790-5. 2003Hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma of the gall bladder have rarely been reported. An 88-year-old Japanese man was admitted to our clinic because of hypochondralgia and jaundice...
- Papillary cystadenocarcinoma of submandibular salivary gland: a rare case reportKavita Mardi
Department of Pathology, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, India
J Cancer Res Ther 6:330-2. 2010Papillary cystadenocarcinoma is an extremely rare malignant neoplasm characterized by cysts and papillary endophytic projections. It was first defined in 1991 by World Health organization as a separate entity...
- Hepatic von Meyenburg complex simulating biliary cystadenocarcinomaOkkes Ibrahim Karahan
Department of Radiology, Erciyes University Medical Faculty, 38039 Kayseri, Turkey
Clin Imaging 31:50-3. 2007..and magnetic resonance imaging showed a periportal multicystic mass simulating biliary cystadenoma/cystadenocarcinoma. The patient underwent laparotomy...
- Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma of salivary glands: report of two cases and review of the literatureLiang Wang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
Diagn Pathol 8:28. 2013Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma (LGCCC) is a recently described rare tumor of salivary gland which exhibits clinically indolent behavior...
- Intracystic hemorrhage of a simple liver cyst mimicking a biliary cystadenocarcinomaYasuhiro Kitajima
Department of Gastroenterology, Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, 5 161 Maehatacho, Tajimi 507 8522, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:190-3. 2003..We encountered a case of simple liver cyst that was morphologically similar to biliary cystadenocarcinoma, which was complicated by asymptomatic intracystic hemorrhage and successfully treated by right lobectomy...
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy of low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma of the salivary glandTadao Nakazawa
Department of Pathology, University of Yamanashi, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, 1110 Shimokato, Yamanashi, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 39:218-22. 2011Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma (LGCCC) is a rare tumor, defined in the 2005 WHO classification as a primary salivary duct tumor. Previously, the neoplasm had been recognized as a variant of salivary duct carcinomas...
- Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: an experience of 30 casesChu Wang
Department of Liver Surgery, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College CAMS and PUMC, Beijing, China
Dig Liver Dis 44:426-31. 2012Intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma and biliary cystadenocarcinoma are extremely rare neoplasms of the liver. They share similar radiological characteristics, and the clinicopathological features are poorly defined...
- Assessment of MRI and MRCP in diagnosis of biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinomaMaïté Lewin
Department of Radiology, Saint Antoine University Hospital, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, 184 rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75012, Paris, France
Eur Radiol 16:407-13. 2006..demonstrated six biliary cystadenoma (BCA) including four pseudo-ovarian stroma (POS) and one biliary cystadenocarcinoma (BCAC)...
- Successful left hemihepatectomy and perioperative management of a patient with biliary cystadenocarcinoma, complicated with MELAS syndrome: report of a caseAyami Ohno
Division of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery and Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin, Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Surg Today 40:878-82. 2010..This report presents the case of a 50-year-old woman with biliary cystadenocarcinoma complicated by MELAS who underwent a successful left hemihepatectomy...
- Cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma of the liver: a single center experienceDavid P Vogt
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:727-33. 2005..Recurrence and possible malignant transformation are consequences of incomplete excision. Cystadenocarcinomas are very rare tumors that are felt to be biologically indolent...
- Computed tomography of biliary cystadenoma and biliary cystadenocarcinomaS Pojchamarnwiputh
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Singapore Med J 49:392-6. 2008Biliary cystadenoma (BCA) and biliary cystadenocarcinoma (BCAC) are rare biliary ductal neoplasms of the liver. This study aims to describe the computed tomography (CT) findings of these neoplasms and to distinguish between both entities.
- Low-grade salivary duct carcinoma: description of 16 casesMargaret Brandwein-Gensler
Departments of Otolaryngology and Pathology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1 Gustave Levy Place, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1040-4. 2004..Its resemblance to atypical breast ductal hyperplasia, or micropapillary/cribriform intraductal carcinoma, distinguishes it from high-grade salivary duct carcinoma, papillocystic acinic cell carcinoma, and cystadenocarcinoma.
- Primary hepatic malignant fibrous histiocytoma mimicking cystadenocarcinoma: a case reportGuang Hui Ding
Department of Comprehensive Treatment, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 5:620-3. 2006..Primary malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the liver is extremely rare; only 28 cases have been reported to date in the English literature...
- Hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma. A light microscopic and immunohistochemical study of 70 patientsK Devaney
Department of Hepatic and Gastrointestinal Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, D C
Am J Surg Pathol 18:1078-91. 1994..The cystadenocarcinoma patients ranged in age from 24 to 90 years at the time of first diagnosis (mean, 59 years); eight patients (..
- Intrahepatic biliary cystadenocarcinoma: clinical analysis of 4 casesQiang Yu
Department of General Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:71-4. 2009Intrahepatic biliary cystadenocarcinoma (IBC) is a low-incidence disease which is often misdiagnosed because of insufficient recognition. This study aimed to investigate the clinical features, diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
- Cytological features of cystadenocarcinoma in cyst fluid of the parotid gland: Diagnostic pitfalls and literature reviewAkihiko Kawahara
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Kurume University Hospital, Kurume 19107, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 38:377-81. 2010b>Cystadenocarcinoma is a rare malignant tumor, with an estimated incidence of 2% of malignant salivary gland tumors...
- Extrahepatic biliary cystadenomas and cystadenocarcinoma. Report of seven cases and review of the literatureW Davies
Division of Gastroenterologic and General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Surg 222:619-25. 1995..Sleeve resection with negative histologic resection margins followed by bilioenteric reconstruction, therefore, is recommended...
- Left trisegmentectomy and combined resection of the inferior vena cava, without reconstruction, for giant cystadenocarcinoma of the liverRyohei Miyata
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:272-6. 2005A 54-year-old woman with giant liver cystadenocarcinoma underwent left trisegmentectomy with combined resection of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and the right hepatic vein...
- Biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the liver. A clinicopathologic and histochemical evaluation of nine casesT Nakajima
Department of Surgical Pathology, Ichihara Hospital, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Japan
Cancer 69:2426-32. 1992Nine cases of biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the liver were studied, with emphasis on its clinicopathologic features, mucin profiles, and immunohistochemical characteristics...
- Hepatobiliary cystadenocarcinoma connected to the hepatic duct: a case report and review of the literatureM Sato
Department of Surgery II, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1621-4. 2003We present a rare case of hepatobiliary cystadenocarcinoma with biliary communication. A 74-year-old woman had a liver cyst that had enlarged from 5 cm to 8 cm in diameter over the last 2 years...
- Acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreas in a 4-year-old childYuan Huang
Pancreas 33:311-2. 2006
- Spontaneous rupture of a hepatic cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: report of two casesMarko Lempinen
Clinic of Surgery, Department of Transplantation and Liver Surgery, Helsinki University Hospital, PO Box 263, FIN, 00029 Helsinki, Finland
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:409-14. 2005..We report on two cases with spontaneous rupture of hepatobiliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma cysts, initially treated as simple hepatic cysts by aspiration, or by aspiration combined with sclerotherapy...
- Cystadenocarcinoma of the gallbladderJens Waldmann
Department of Surgery, Philipps University of Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35033 Marburg, Germany
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 13:594-9. 2006..We report on a 75-year-old man with a cystadenocarcinoma of the gallbladder who presented with mild abdominal discomfort and a palpable mass in the right upper ..
- [Biliary cystic neoplasm: biliary cystadenoma and biliary cystadenocarcinoma]Ho Gak Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu School of Medicine, Deagu, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 47:5-14. 2006Biliary cystic tumors, such as cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma, are rare cystic tumors of liver accounting for fewer than 5% of all intrahepatic cysts of biliary origin...
- Cystadenocarcinoma of the appendix: an incidental imaging finding in a patient with adenocarcinomas of the ascending and the sigmoid colonMichail Pitiakoudis
2nd Department of Surgery, Medical School, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis
BMC Gastroenterol 3:30. 2003..Primary adenocarcinomas of the appendix are uncommon. Mucoceles that result from mucinous adenocarcinomas of the appendix may be incidentally detected on imaging...
- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: clinical-imaging-pathologic correlations with emphasis on the importance of ovarian stromaP C Buetow
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000
Radiology 196:805-10. 1995PURPOSE: To evaluate cross-sectional imaging in the distinction of biliary cystadenoma from cystadenocarcinoma and in the determination of the presence of ovarian stroma...
- A mutation in the canine BHD gene is associated with hereditary multifocal renal cystadenocarcinoma and nodular dermatofibrosis in the German Shepherd dogFrode Lingaas
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Oslo
Hum Mol Genet 12:3043-53. 2003Hereditary multifocal renal cystadenocarcinoma and nodular dermatofibrosis (RCND) is a naturally occurring canine kidney cancer syndrome that was originally described in German Shepherd dogs...
- Biliary cystadenocarcinoma associated with atrophy of the left hepatic lobe and hepatolithiasis mimicking intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a case reportChang An Tseng
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Dalin, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 20:198-203. 2004Biliary cystadenocarcinoma and its benign counterpart, biliary cystadenoma, are rare hepatic cystic tumors arising from the hepatobiliary epithelium...
- Solitary pancreatic tuberculous abscess mimicking prancreatic cystadenocarcinoma: a case reportQuanda Liu
Institute of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, China
BMC Gastroenterol 3:1. 2003..The incidence of pancreatic tuberculosis is extremely rare, and it frequently misdiagnosed as pancreatic neoplasms. The nonsurgical diagnosis of this entity continues to be a challenge...
- Expression of transforming growth factor-beta isoforms in the skin, kidney, pancreas and bladder in a German shepherd dog affected by renal cystadenocarcinoma and nodular dermatofibrosisA Vercelli
Department of Animal Pathology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Torino, Via Leonardo da Vinci 44, Grugliasco, Torino, Italy
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 50:506-10. 2003..lesions, kidney, bladder and pancreas from a 10-year-old female German shepherd dog (GSD) affected by renal cystadenocarcinoma and nodular dermatofibrosis (RCND) compared with normal GSDs (n = 2)...
- Obstructive jaundice due to hepatobiliary cystadenoma or cystadenocarcinomaDeha Erdogan
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
World J Gastroenterol 12:5735-8. 2006..The resection specimen revealed a hepatobiliary cystadenocarcinoma. HBC and cystadenocarcinoma may give rise to obstructive jaundice...
- Pancreatic panniculitis in a patient with an acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma of the pancreasH S Beltraminelli
Department of Dermatology, University of Basel, Kantonsspital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Dermatology 208:265-7. 2004..and peripheral eosinophilia in whom the skin symptoms led to a diagnosis of an underlying acinar cell cystadenocarcinoma. The panniculitis involved initially the legs, but soon thereafter lesions developed on the trunk and upper ..
- Biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: report of 14 cases and review of the literatureK G Ishak
Cancer 39:322-38. 1977..features and long-term follow-up of eight patients with biliary cystadenoma and six patients with biliary cystadenocarcinoma are reported and the previous literature is reviewed...
- Cystadenocarcinoma of the liver without mesenchymal stroma: possible progression from a benign cystic lesion suspected by follow-up imagingsTakashi Akiyoshi
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:588-92. 2003We herein report a 64-year-old Japanese woman with cystadenocarcinoma of the liver without mesenchymal stroma which had been followed up by imagings for 12 years. A small round cyst grew from 1cm to 4 cm in diameter during 10 years...
- Late complication of a large simple cyst of the liver mimicking cystadenocarcinoma after sclerotherapyKenichi Takayasu
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1, Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, 104 0045 Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 181:464-6. 2003
- Primary paraovarian cystadenocarcinoma: clinical and management aspects and literature reviewM M Altaras
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapir Medical Center, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
Gynecol Oncol 38:268-72. 1990Two cases of primary paraovarian-origin serous cystadenocarcinoma, one invasive and one of low malignant potential, are presented. Both were diagnosed in postmenopausal women and were initially treated surgically...
- Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma of the parotid gland: a case reportAkihito Arai
Department of Otolaryngology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kajii cho, Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto 602 0841, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 36:725-8. 2009Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma is a rare tumor that is recognized as a variant of cystadenocarcinoma by the 2005 WHO classification. We report a case of low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma...
- Biliary cystadenocarcinoma followed up as benign cystadenoma for 10 yearsEiji Kubota
Internal Medicine, Nagoya Midori Municipal Hospital, 1 77 Shiomigaoka, Midori ku, Nagoya 458 0037, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:278-82. 2003We describe a case of biliary cystadenocarcinoma that showed a longterm clinical course. A 69-year-old Japanese man was admitted to our hospital because of abdominal discomfort...
- Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma of the parotid gland: a neoplasm with favorable prognosis, distinct from salivary duct carcinomaJan Laco
The Fingerland Department of Pathology, Charles University Faculty of Medicine and Faculty Hospital in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Int J Surg Pathol 18:369-73. 2010Low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma of salivary glands is a recently described rare tumor with favorable prognosis...
- Intraductal carcinoma of salivary gland (so-called low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma) arising in an intraparotid lymph nodeIlan Weinreb
Department of Pathology, University Health Network and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
Head Neck Pathol 5:321-5. 2011..the same and various additional names including "low-grade salivary duct carcinoma", "low-grade cribriform cystadenocarcinoma" and "carcinoma in situ" of salivary gland...
- Fertility-sparing treatment of a primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenocarcinomaK S Law
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tungs Taichung MetroHarbour Hospital and Taipei Medical University, WuCi, Taichung County, Taiwan
BJOG 113:612-4. 2006
- A case report of biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinomaJ Siren
Helsinki University Central Hospital, Department of Surgery
Hepatogastroenterology 45:83-9. 1998Three cases of intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma and one case of biliary cystadenocarcinoma are presented...
- Clinical features and imaging diagnosis of biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the liverH Kinoshita
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical School, 811-1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641-0012, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 48:250-2. 2001Biliary cystadenocarcinoma of the liver is a relatively rare disease. Herein, we reported a case of biliary cystadenocarcinoma with a review of the literature. A 71-year-old female was admitted with the chief complaint of epigastralgia...
- Biliary cystadenocarcinoma arising in a cystadenoma. Report of a case diagnosed by fine needle aspiration cytologyA Wee
Department of Pathology, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore
Acta Cytol 37:966-70. 1993..We report a case of a 56-year-old woman with a biliary cystadenocarcinoma diagnosed by fine needle aspiration cytology...
- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas; what a clinician should knowGeorge H Sakorafas
Department of Surgery, 251 Hellenic Air Force HAF Hospital, Messogion and Katehaki Avenue, 115 25 Athens, Greece, and Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 31:507-35. 2005..In the absence of invasive disease, prognosis is excellent after appropriate surgery. The presence of invasive malignancy signifies a poor prognosis...
- Cystic tumors of the liver: a practical approachPaolo Del Poggio
World J Gastroenterol 14:3616-20. 2008..Pre-operative differentiation of cystadenoma from cystadenocarcinoma is impossible and surgery must be performed if a biliary cyst tumor is suspected...
- Retrospective histopathological analysis of various neoplasms of the female reproductive system (FRS) seen at the Kathmandu University Teaching Hospital, (KUTH) Dhulikhel, NepalA Mohammad
Department of Pathology, Kathmandu University Medical School, Kavre, Nepal
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 4:48-53. 2006....
- Giant solitary hepatic cystMichael Haap
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Nephrology and Vascular Medicine, University Hospital Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Liver Int 28:840. 2008
- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreasWilliam R Brugge
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1218-26. 2004
- Echo-enhanced ultrasound--a new imaging modality for the differentiation of pancreatic lesionsSteffen Rickes
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:269-75. 2006..Tumours associated with pancreatitis have a different vascularisation pattern depending on inflammation and necrosis. Cystadenomas frequently have many vessels along the fibrotic strands...
- Pancreatic pseudopapillary tumor in a male childAbdul Wahed N Meshikhes
Department of Surgery, Dammam Central Hospital, Eastern Province, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
JOP 5:505-11. 2004..It is most commonly detected incidentally, but may occasionally present with sudden pain or symptoms related to compression of adjacent organs...
- Impact of menopausal status on the behavior of pancreatic cystic neoplasms in womenKimberly A Moore
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School and Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Surg 62:258-61. 2005..Therefore, we examined the impact of menopausal status on the clinical features of pancreatic cystic neoplasms in women...
- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas with mucin-productionB K P Goh
Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:282-7. 2005..To compare the clinico-pathological features of intraductal papillary mucinous cystic tumours (IPMT) and mucinous cystic tumours (MCT) of the pancreas...
- Surgical management of cystic pancreatic tumoursChr Partensky
Fédération des spécialités digestives, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Acta Chir Belg 104:618-21. 2004
- Role of cystic fluid in diagnosis of the pancreatic cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinomaHong Wu
Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdo, Sichuan, China
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1915-8. 2007..In this study, we try to compare EUS-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy combined with measurement of the cyst fluid and serum levels of CEA, and CA19-9 for the preoperative diagnosis of pancreatic cystadenoma or cystadenocarcinoma.
- Cystic lesions in the liver: benign or malignant?O C M Varin
Department of General Surgery, Division of Hepatobiliary and Liver Transplantation Service, Ghent University Hospital Medical School, Ghent, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 107:554-6. 2007..scan (CT-scan) showed a cyst in the right liver lobe with a largest diameter of 12 cm, suspicious for cystadenocarcinoma. Further staging showed no extrahepatic metastasis...
- Presentation and management of pancreatic cystic neoplasmsStavros Gourgiotis
Division of General Surgery and Oncology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, UK
J Clin Gastroenterol 41:599-608. 2007..The purpose of this article is to review the types of pancreatic cystic neoplasms, their diagnosis, indications for surgical treatment, and outcome...
- Biliary cystadenoma with mesenchymal stroma: report of a case and review of the literatureAndreas Manouras
1st Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippokration Hospital, Athens, Greece
World J Gastroenterol 12:6062-9. 2006....
- [Diagnosis and treatment of cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: experience in 8 cases]Xin Ting Sang
Liver Surgery Center, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1266-8. 2007To summarize the experience in the diagnosis and treatment of biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma.
- [Imaging of cystic liver diseases]S Precetti
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy
J Radiol 88:1061-72. 2007..The presence of a wall, the internal structure of the lesion, particularly the MR signal and the proximity of the biliary tree are the main diagnostic criteria. Some less frequent but characteristic unusual features need to be memorized...
- Cystic pancreatic lesions: can we diagnose them accurately what to look for? FNA marker molecular analysis resection, surveillance, or endoscopic treatment?W R Brugge
GI Unit, Blake 452, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Endoscopy 38:S40-7. 2006
- [Thirteen cases of intrahepatic biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma: a single center experience]Tae Hoon Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 47:379-85. 2006Biliary cystadenoma (BCA) and biliary cystadenocarcinoma (BCACa) are rare cystic neoplasms that usually arise from the liver. We reviewed the clinicopathologic and radiologic findings of 13 cases of intrahepatic biliary cystic neoplasms.
- Echo-enhanced ultrasound with pulse inversion imaging: A new imaging modality for the differentiation of cystic pancreatic tumoursSteffen Rickes
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Leipziger Str 44, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany steffen
World J Gastroenterol 12:2205-8. 2006..To describe and discuss echo-enhanced sonography in the differential diagnosis of cystic pancreatic lesions...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and its soluble receptor in benign and malignant ovarian tumorsPaolo Giovanni Artini
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Child Development, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Biomed Pharmacother 62:373-7. 2008..In conclusion, all in all, our data indicate that an excess of local VEGF with respect to its soluble receptor VEGFR-1 may be a key factor in the onset and maintenance of pathological neo-angiogenesis in ovarian cyst formation...
- [Cystic lesions of the pancreas]T Patrascu
Clinica de chirurgie Prof I Juvara, Spitalul Clinic Dr I Cantacuzino, Bucuresti
Chirurgia (Bucur) 100:563-71. 2005..Most of them had pancreatic pseudocysts (54-86%); 6 (10%) had cystadenomas; 1 (2%)--cystadenocarcinoma and 1 (2%)--solid and papillary cystic tumour...
- [Possible liver cyst--operation or monitoring?]J J W Tischendorf
Medizinische Klinik III, Abteilung für Gastroenterologie und Stoffwechselerkrankungen, Universitätsklinik Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:516. 2006
- [Benign multicystic mass in the head of pancreas simulating a pancreatic cystic neoplasia]T Cubo
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 99:366-7. 2007
- Cystic tumors of the pancreas: ultrasound, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging featuresChristopher R Sidden
Division of Abdominal Imaging and Intervention, Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 28:339-56. 2007....
- [Significances of serum level and immunohistochemical stain of CA19-9 in simple hepatic cysts and intrahepatic biliary cystic neoplasms]Ki Ho Park
Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 47:52-8. 2006In spite of various diagnostic modalities, biliary cystic neoplasms (biliary cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma) remain to be difficult to diagnose preoperatively...
- Pancreatic cystic lesions: discrimination accuracy based on clinical data and high resolution CT featuresVinika V Chaudhari
Departments of Radiology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, UCLA Center for the Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 31:860-7. 2007..To determine the accuracy of high-resolution computed tomography in discriminating among pancreatic cystic lesions with and without clinical history...
- Surgical approach to pancreatic exocrine neoplasmsJ A Wargo
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Minerva Chir 60:445-68. 2005..In this review, we will explore the contemporary clinical management of pancreatic adenocarcinoma, acinar cell carcinoma, and cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. The pathogenesis and epidemiology of these tumors will also be examined...
- Gene expression analysis of pancreatic cystic neoplasm in SV40Tag transgenic mice modelJie Feng
Shanghai Institute of Brain Functional Genomics, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:2218-22. 2007..To study the gene expression changes in pancreatic cystic neoplasm in SV40Tag transgenic mice model and to provide information about the prevention, clinical diagnosis and therapy of pancreatic cancer...
- Borderline ovarian tumors: diverse contemporary viewpoints on terminology and diagnostic criteria with illustrative imagesJeffrey D Seidman
Department of Pathology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington DC 20010, USA
Hum Pathol 35:918-33. 2004..For those issues where there is disagreement, the terminology and diagnostic approaches reflecting the differing views are presented...
- Benign inflammatory pancreatic mucinous cystadenomas mimicking locally advanced cystadenocarcinomas. Presentation of 3 casesFrédérique Maire
Medical Surgical Federation of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Beaujon, 100 Boulevard du Général Leclerc F 92118 Clichy, France
Pancreatology 2:74-8. 2002..mucinous cystadenoma of the pancreas mimicking, both clinically and on imaging findings, locally advanced cystadenocarcinoma spreading to neighbouring organs (stomach, splenic and mesenteric vessels, and diaphragm)...
- Prognostic importance of the nucleolar organizer region score in ovarian epithelial tumorsS Zergeroglu
Department of Pathology, Dr Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 51:60-3. 2001..The score of the silver-stained nucleolar organizer region (AgNOR) is frequently found to be high in malignant tumors. We studied AgNOR in ovarian epithelial tumors diagnosed in our hospital between 1993 and 1998...
- Differentiation of cystic pancreatic lesions by echo-enhanced sonography with pulse inversion imaging - presentation of case reportsS Rickes
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 42:317-21. 2004..On the other hand, cystadenocarcinomas are poorly and chaotically vascularised. "Young pseudocysts" frequently show a highly vascularised wall. However, the wall of "old pseudocysts" is poorly vascularised...
- [Hepatobiliary cystic tumors. Clinical, radiological and histopathological study of 7 cases]P Owono
, , Lyon, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 25:414-21. 2001..diagnosis was: cystadenoma with mesenchymous stroma (2 cases), mucinous cystadenoma (2 cases), mucinous cystadenocarcinoma (2 cases), giant cell cystadenocarcinoma (1 case). The mean duration of follow up was 60 months...
- Liver cystadenocarcinoma originating in cystadenoma without mesenchymal stroma. Therapeutic strategy in case of atypical radiological criteria. A case reportV Peyregne
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University of Lyons, France
Hepatogastroenterology 48:247-9. 2001..The attitude we adopt is to regularly monitor the lesion. Surgical removal of the tumor is of course indicated facing any significant change on sonography or tomodensiometry...
- Surgical management of cystic hepatic neoplasmsSeikan Hai
Hepato Biliary Pancreatic and Gastroenterological Surgery, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:759-64. 2003The clinicopathologic features of cystic neoplasms of the liver, such as cystadenoma and cystadenocarcinoma, are poorly defined because these lesions are extremely rare.
- Surgical strategy for cystic diseases of the liver in a western hepatobiliary centerBasil J Ammori
The Centre for Hepatobiliary and Transplantation Surgery, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
World J Surg 26:462-9. 2002..Unilobar Caroli's disease may be resected, whereas bilateral disease requires early liver transplantation owing to the high risk of malignancy. Transplantation is a reserved option in patients with extensive APLD...
- [Cystic pancreatic tumors--differential diagnosis, surgical therapy. Prognosis of cystic pancreatic tumors]J Kohler
Klinikum Nurnberg Nord, Prof Ernst Nathan Strasse 1, 90419 Nurnberg
Kongressbd Dtsch Ges Chir Kongr 119:128-32. 2002From 1986-2001 we treated 31 patients with cystic neoplasms of the pancreas. 13 patients showed a cystadenocarcinoma including one rare case of a serous cystadenocarcinoma...
- Management and long-term follow-up of hepatic cystsM F Hansman
Virginia Mason Medical Center, Virginia Mason Clinic, Buck Pavilion, 6th Floor, 1100 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Surg 181:404-10. 2001..0 years. We treated 28 simple cysts, 4 polycystic liver disease (PCLD), 7 cystadenomas, 2 hydatid cysts, 1 cystadenocarcinoma, 1 endometrioma, and 1 hepatic foregut cyst...
- Acinar cell cystadenoma of the pancreas: a new entity?Giuseppe Zamboni
Department of Pathology, University of Verona, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 26:698-704. 2002..be fully excluded, we propose that this lesion, composed of well-differentiated acinar cells, may represent the benign counterpart of the well-recognized acinar cystadenocarcinoma. We therefore suggest the term acinar cell cystadenoma.
- [Cystic tumors of the pancreas-radical or organ-preserving resection?]M Siech
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Visceral und Gefasschirurgie, Ostalbklinikum Aalen
Chirurg 75:615-21. 2004..01). Long-term survival was worst after mucinous cystadenocarcinoma (59% after 36 months), and 90% of all other patients lived longer than 36 months...
- Differentiation of cystic pancreatic neoplasms and pseudocysts by conventional and echo-enhanced ultrasoundSteffen Rickes
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Otto von Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:761-6. 2004..However, the diagnostic accuracy of this procedure compared to conventional ultrasound for the differential diagnosis of cystic pancreatic neoplasms from pseudocysts has never been investigated in a prospective study...
- WT1 is an integral component of an antibody panel to distinguish pancreaticobiliary and some ovarian epithelial neoplasmsN S Goldstein
Dept of Anatomic Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 W Thirteen Mile Rd, Royal Oak, MI 48073, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 116:246-52. 2001..Extensive CK17 reactivity is supportive of a pancreaticobiliary adenocarcinoma when the differential diagnosis includes ovarian mucinous neoplasm. None of the antibodies positively identified ovarian mucinous neoplasms...
- Evaluation of pancreatic cystic lesions with EUSWilliam R Brugge
GI Endoscopy Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:698-707. 2004
- Reactivity of polyclonal and two monoclonal antibodies with cell subsets isolated from cystic fluids of ovarian serous neoplasmsA Harłozińska
Department of Tumor Immunology, Medical University Wrocław, Poland
Tumori 76:505-10. 1990..Our studies show the value of isolated cell subpopulations for comparing the reactivity of different antibodies and estimating their immunodiagnostic potency...
- Human chorionic gonadotropin suppresses ovarian epithelial neoplastic cell proliferation in vitroDavid E Tourgeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Fertil Steril 78:1096-9. 2002..To quantify the in vitro effects of gonadotropins on benign, borderline, and malignant ovarian cell lines...
- Aspiration cytology of 147 adnexal cysts with histologic correlationP Martinez-Onsurbe
Department of Pathology and of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Principe de Asturias Hospital, Alcala de Henares, Medical College, University of Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Acta Cytol 45:941-7. 2001..To assess the usefulness of cytology in the diagnosis of 147 histologically established adnexal cysts...
- Clinical value of components of the plasminogen activation system in ovarian cyst fluidE A Boss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Anticancer Res 22:275-82. 2002....
- Morphologic heterogeneity of cell populations isolated by density gradient centrifugation from serous fluids of ovarian tumorsJ Rabczynski
Department of Pathological Anatomy, School of Medicine, Wroclaw, Poland
Tumori 73:539-45. 1987..The results allowed us to catalogue ovarian tumor cell subpopulations present in each density fraction of individual patients and confirmed that ovarian tumors could be diagnosed by morphologic identification of cells from tumor fluids...
- [Hormonally-active ovarian tumors in 30 years of data (1965-1994)]E Molnar
Sluzba za zdravstvenu zastitu zena, Zdravstveni centar Dr Gere Istvan, Senta
Med Pregl 52:241-5. 1999..It is necessary to perform that kind of surgery, which corresponds to the age of the woman. Recurrences may appear even 35 years later...
- Resected serous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas: a review of 158 patients with recommendations for treatmentCharles Galanis
Department of Surgery, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:820-6. 2007..Serous cystic neoplasms of the pancreas are regarded as a benign entity with rare malignant potential. Surgical resection is generally considered curative...
- Expression of peptidylarginine deiminase type 4 in ovarian tumorsLin Wang
Research Center for Medicinal Biotechnology, Shandong Academy of Medicinal Sciences Key Laboratory for Biotech Drugs Ministry of Health and Provincial Laboratory for Modern Medicine and Technology of Shandong, Jinan, Shandong 250062, PR China
Int J Biol Sci 6:454-64. 2010..PADI4 was detected in serious cystadenocarcinoma (n=39, positivity=100%), clear cell cancer (n=7, positivity= 100%), mucinous cystadenocarcinoma (n=6, ..
- Crossed cerebellar diaschisis demonstrated by (18)F- FDG-PET/CTGunjan Garg
Division of PET Imaging, MIRC Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences, Delhi 54, India
Hell J Nucl Med 12:171-2. 2009..As an example, we present a 55 years old case of papillary serous cystadenocarcinoma of the right ovary, referred to us for a (18)F-FDG-PET/CT study following completion of treatment to rule ..
- Colloid (mucinous noncystic) carcinoma of the pancreasN V Adsay
Department of Pathology, Karmanos Cancer Institute, Harper Hospital, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:26-42. 2001..ordinary ductal adenocarcinoma, a tumor with a dismal prognosis, or was frequently misdiagnosed as mucinous cystadenocarcinoma. The clinicopathologic features of CC have not yet been well characterized, because most cases on record ..
- A Data Center for the Discovery of the Genetic Basis of Human DiseaseLarry J Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2010..normal tissues derived from patients with acute myeloid leukemia, lung adenocarcinoma, glioblastoma, serous cystadenocarcinoma, and squamous carcinoma, as well as genomic analysis of complex genetic traits and the human microbiome...
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy(FNAB) Needle DeviceVinod Shidham; Fiscal Year: 2002..Apart from the worldwide market, the potential market in United States alone should exceed $1,500,000 per year. ..
- A flexible somatic and sporadic mouse model for pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaBrian Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such an advance would benefit public health by reducing the mortality associated with this disease. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular mediators of metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaBrian C Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..