Genomes and Genes
Summary: A malignant solid tumor arising from mesenchymal tissues which normally differentiate to form striated muscle. It can occur in a wide variety of sites. It is divided into four distinct types: pleomorphic, predominantly in male adults; alveolar (RHABDOMYOSARCOMA, ALVEOLAR), mainly in adolescents and young adults; embryonal (RHABDOMYOSARCOMA, EMBRYONAL), predominantly in infants and children; and botryoidal, also in young children. It is one of the most frequently occurring soft tissue sarcomas and the most common in children under 15. (From Dorland, 27th ed; Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 3d ed, p2186; DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, pp1647-9)
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- NF-kappaB-YY1-miR-29 regulatory circuitry in skeletal myogenesis and rhabdomyosarcomaHuating Wang
Department of Molecular Virology, Human Cancer Genetics Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Cell 14:369-81. 2008..Here we describe the regulation and function of miR-29 in myogenesis and rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS)...
- MicroRNA-1/206 targets c-Met and inhibits rhabdomyosarcoma developmentDongsheng Yan
School of Ophthalmology and Optometry, Eye Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang 325003, China
J Biol Chem 284:29596-604. 2009..nature of miR-1/206 for skeletal muscles, we investigated the role of miR-1/206 in the development of rhabdomyosarcoma. Initially, we demonstrated that miR-1/206 expression was suppressed in rhabdomyosarcomas and found at very ..
- Subtype and prognostic classification of rhabdomyosarcoma by immunohistochemistryMarco Wachtel
University Children's Hospital, Division of Oncology, Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 24:816-22. 2006PURPOSE: Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is classified into two main subgroups: the embryonal (ERMS) and the alveolar (ARMS) form. The majority of the ARMSs are associated with specific chromosomal translocations (pARMS)...
- Molecular and cellular biology of rhabdomyosarcomaCarla De Giovanni
Department of Experimental Pathology, Cancer Research Section, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Future Oncol 5:1449-75. 2009b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is a group of soft-tissue sarcomas that share features of skeletal myogenesis, but show extensive heterogeneity in histology, age and site of onset, and prognosis...
- The muscle-specific microRNA miR-206 blocks human rhabdomyosarcoma growth in xenotransplanted mice by promoting myogenic differentiationRiccardo Taulli
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine, and Center for Experimental Research and Medical Studies, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
J Clin Invest 119:2366-78. 2009..In this work, we examined the role of the muscle-specific miRNAs miR-1 and miR-206 in human rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS), a soft tissue sarcoma thought to arise from skeletal muscle progenitors...
- Differential mechanisms of acquired resistance to insulin-like growth factor-i receptor antibody therapy or to a small-molecule inhibitor, BMS-754807, in a human rhabdomyosarcoma modelFei Huang
Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Princeton, NJ 08543, USA
Cancer Res 70:7221-31. 2010..In light of this problem, we developed two resistant models from the rhabdomyosarcoma cell line Rh41: Rh41-807R, with acquired resistance to BMS-754807, a small-molecule dual-kinase inhibitor ..
- Distinct roles for miR-1 and miR-133a in the proliferation and differentiation of rhabdomyosarcoma cellsPrakash K Rao
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, 9 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
FASEB J 24:3427-37. 2010b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common soft tissue sarcoma in the pediatric population...
- Development of rhabdomyosarcoma in HER-2/neu transgenic p53 mutant micePatrizia Nanni
Cancer Research Section, Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, I 40126 Bologna
Cancer Res 63:2728-32. 2003..that activation of the HER-2/neu oncogene coupled with inactivation of the oncosuppressor gene p53 causes rhabdomyosarcoma in mice...
- Addiction to elevated insulin-like growth factor I receptor and initial modulation of the AKT pathway define the responsiveness of rhabdomyosarcoma to the targeting antibodyLiang Cao
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4265, USA
Cancer Res 68:8039-48. 2008..Our results showed a large variation in IGF-IR levels in rhabdomyosarcoma tumor specimens that were comparable with those in rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines...
- Restoration of p53 pathway by nutlin-3 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in human rhabdomyosarcoma cellsMitsuru Miyachi
Department of Pediatrics, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 15:4077-84. 2009Seventy to eighty percent of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) tumors retain wild-type p53. The tumor suppressor p53 plays a central role in inducing cell cycle arrest or apoptosis in response to various stresses...
- Trends in childhood rhabdomyosarcoma incidence and survival in the United States, 1975-2005Simona Ognjanovic
Division of Pediatric Epidemiology and Clinical Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Masonic Cancer Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Cancer 115:4218-26. 2009b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft tissue sarcoma in children and adolescents aged<20 years; its etiology remains largely unknown...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of 29 casesCléverton Roberto de Andrade
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Piracicaba Dental School, University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Braz Dent J 21:68-73. 2010b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is a malignant tumor occurring more frequently in the childhood. The purpose of this study was to analyze the clinicopathological and immunohistochemical features of rhabdomyosarcomas of the head and neck (RHNs)...
- Optimal management strategies for rhabdomyosarcoma in childrenDavid Walterhouse
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Paediatr Drugs 9:391-400. 2007b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common sarcoma of childhood. Fortunately, the goal of cure is realistic for the majority of patients with localized tumors. However, management of these patients remains challenging...
- HER/erbB receptors as therapeutic targets of immunotoxins in human rhabdomyosarcoma cellsCinzia Ricci
Section of Cancer Research, Department of Experimental Pathology, University of Bologna, Italy
J Immunother (1997) 25:314-23. 2002Human rhabdomyosarcoma cells express HER/erbB growth factors receptors...
- Genomic imbalances in rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines affect expression of genes frequently altered in primary tumors: an approach to identify candidate genes involved in tumor developmentEdoardo Missiaglia
Molecular Cytogenetics Team, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:455-67. 2009....
- Cross-talk between MAP kinase pathways is involved in IGF-independent, IGFBP-6-induced Rh30 rhabdomyosarcoma cell migrationPing Fu
Department of Medicine, Central Clinical School, AMREP, Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Cell Physiol 224:636-43. 2010..Although RD rhabdomyosarcoma cells express IGF-II, we previously showed that mIGFBP-6 promoted migration through an IGF-independent, p38-..
- Time-point and dosage of gene inactivation determine the tumor spectrum in conditional Ptch knockoutsArne Zibat
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Goettingen, Germany
Carcinogenesis 30:918-26. 2009..in Patched (PTCH) have been associated with tumors characteristic both for children [medulloblastoma (MB) and rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS)] and for elderly [basal cell carcinoma (BCC)]...
- Recurrent t(2;2) and t(2;8) translocations in rhabdomyosarcoma without the canonical PAX-FOXO1 fuse PAX3 to members of the nuclear receptor transcriptional coactivator familyJanos Sumegi
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Faculty of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:224-36. 2010The fusion oncoproteins PAX3-FOXO1 [t(2;13)(q35;q14)] and PAX7-FOXO1 [t(1;13)(p36;q14)] typify alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS); however, 20-30% of cases lack these specific translocations...
- Immunohistochemical detection of EGFR, fibrillin-2, P-cadherin and AP2beta as biomarkers for rhabdomyosarcoma diagnosticsBeate Grass
Department of Oncology, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Histopathology 54:873-9. 2009Subclassification of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) has clinical relevance, as the two major subclasses embryonal (ERMS) and alveolar (ARMS) rhabdomyosarcoma differ greatly in terms of aggressiveness and prognosis...
- Overexpression of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 inhibits rhabdomyosarcoma growth in vivoM A Gallicchio
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre (Austin Campus) Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Int J Cancer 94:645-51. 2001b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common soft-tissue sarcoma of childhood...
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor antibody induces rhabdomyosarcoma cell death via a process involving AKT and Bcl-x(L)L H Mayeenuddin
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 4265, USA
Oncogene 29:6367-77. 2010..Here, we showed that IGF1R antibody led to rapid cell death and tumor regression in some rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) cells...
- Genetic mapping of a Ptch1-associated rhabdomyosarcoma susceptibility locus on mouse chromosome 2Heidi Hahn
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Gottingen, Heinrich Düker Weg 12, 37073 Gottingen, Federal Republic of Germany
Genomics 84:853-8. 2004..show genetic background-dependent susceptibility to the development of muscle tumors resembling human rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS); BALB/c (BALB) is a susceptible strain whereas C57BL/6 (B6) shows resistance...
- Inhibition of rhabdomyosarcoma's metastatic behavior through downregulation of MET receptor signalingEwa Lukasiewicz
Department of Transplantation, Polish American Institute of Pediatrics, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:485-9. 2009b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is a soft tissue sarcoma usually diagnosed in children. In advanced and metastatic stages the prognosis is often poor...
- Redundancy of autocrine loops in human rhabdomyosarcoma cells: induction of differentiation by suraminC De Giovanni
Istituto di Cancerologia, , Italy
Br J Cancer 72:1224-9. 1995Three human rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines were used to investigate the presence of autocrine loops based on the production of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-II, basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and epidermal growth factor (EGF)/..
- Antitumor effects of a combined 5-aza-2'deoxycytidine and valproic acid treatment on rhabdomyosarcoma and medulloblastoma in Ptch mutant miceInes Ecke
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Goettingen, Gottingen, Germany
Cancer Res 69:887-95. 2009Patched (Ptch) heterozygous mice develop medulloblastoma (MB) and rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) resembling the corresponding human tumors...
- Clinical significance of CXC chemokine receptor-4 and c-Met in childhood rhabdomyosarcomaFrancesca Diomedi-Camassei
Division of Pathology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 14:4119-27. 2008..CXCR4)/stromal-derived factor-1 and c-Met/hepatocyte growth factor axes promote the metastatic potential of rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines in experimental models, but no data are available on their role in rhabdomyosarcoma tumors...
- Tumour formation by single fibroblast growth factor receptor 3-positive rhabdomyosarcoma-initiating cellsM Hirotsu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Br J Cancer 101:2030-7. 2009..The objective of this study was to identify and characterise a subpopulation of human sarcoma-initiating cells...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor pathway proteins in rhabdomyosarcoma: IGF-2 expression is associated with translocation-negative tumorsShalini Makawita
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pediatr Dev Pathol 12:127-35. 2009..a significant involvement of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling components in the pathogenesis of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS)...
- Two small molecule compounds, LLL12 and FLLL32, exhibit potent inhibitory activity on STAT3 in human rhabdomyosarcoma cellsChang Ching Wei
Department of Pediatrics, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, R O C
Int J Oncol 38:279-85. 2011....
- Cyclooxygenase-2 expression does not correlate with outcome in osteosarcoma or rhabdomyosarcomaDavid S Dickens
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 25:282-5. 2003..METHODS: Archived human osteosarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and Ewing sarcoma tumors were retrospectively evaluated, blinded to outcome, for COX-2 expression by ..
- Sequential high-dose chemotherapy for children with metastatic rhabdomyosarcomaGianni Bisogno
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padova, Italy
Eur J Cancer 45:3035-41. 2009The RMS4.99 study was designed to explore the role of multiple sequential high-dose chemotherapy cycles administered early in the treatment of children with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma: a retrospective review of patients treated at the hospital for sick children between 1989 and 1999Brent A Williams
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:243-7. 2004Children with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) continue to fare poorly (3-year survival 20-30%)...
- Prognostic factors and clinical outcomes in children and adolescents with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma--a report from the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study IVJohn C Breneman
Children s Hospital Medical Center, Division of Radiation Oncology, Cincinnati, OH 45219 0757, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:78-84. 2003To identify risk factors associated with outcomes in children with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) treated on the fourth Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study (IRS-IV).
- Rhabdomyosarcomas and radiation hypersensitivity in a mouse model of Gorlin syndromeH Hahn
Section on Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nat Med 4:619-22. 1998..This suggests a role for ptc in the response to ionizing radiation and provides a model for both the systemic (developmental) and stochastic (cancer) abnormalities observed in Gorlin syndrome...
- Expression of receptor tyrosine kinases and apoptotic molecules in rhabdomyosarcoma: correlation with overall survival in 105 patientsPaul M Armistead
Department of Sarcoma Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 110:2293-303. 2007b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is a rare mesenchymal tumor with few treatment options after the failure of first-line therapy...
- Rhabdomyosarcomas in adults and children: an updateDavid M Parham
Department of Pathology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Arkansas Children s Hospital, Little Rock 72202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1454-65. 2006....
- Molecular pathogenesis of rhabdomyosarcomaShujuan J Xia
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 36th Street and Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6082, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:97-104. 2002b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is a family of soft tissue tumors that are associated with the skeletal muscle lineage and generally occur in the pediatric population...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma: new windows of opportunityPhilip P Breitfeld
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Oncologist 10:518-27. 2005b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is a highly malignant, small blue cell tumor characterized by muscle differentiation. With modern treatment, more than 70% of children and adolescents with this disease are cured...
- Update on childhood rhabdomyosarcomaH P McDowell
RLC NHS Trust Alder Hey, Liverpool, UK Dr H P McDowell, Consultant Paediatric Oncologist, RLC NHS Trust Alder Hey, Eaton Road, Liverpool L12 2AP, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:354-7. 2003The overall survival of childhood rhabdomyosarcoma has improved dramatically over the past 10 years. Early diagnosis and appropriate referral to a specialised centre leading to an accurate and timely diagnosis reflects on overall outcome...
- The CXCR4-SDF1alpha axis is a critical mediator of rhabdomyosarcoma metastatic signaling induced by bone marrow stromaBrigitte Strahm
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada, M5G 1X8
Clin Exp Metastasis 25:1-10. 2008b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common malignant soft-tissue tumor of childhood. Nearly 15% of children present with metastatic disease, frequently involving the lungs and bone marrow...
- Analysis of prognostic factors in patients with nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma treated on intergroup rhabdomyosarcoma studies III and IV: the Children's Oncology GroupJane L Meza
Department of Preventive and Societal Medicine, 984350 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4350, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3844-51. 2006The outcome for localized rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) or undifferentiated sarcoma (UDS) is affected by age, histology, primary anatomic site, extent of disease, and therapy.
- Role for amplification and expression of glypican-5 in rhabdomyosarcomaDaniel Williamson
Molecular Cytogenetics Team, Paediatric Oncology, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 67:57-65. 2007..Constitutive overexpression and knockdown of GPC5 expression in rhabdomyosarcoma cell lines increased and decreased cell proliferation, respectively...
- Malignant melanoma with metastatic rhabdomyosarcomatoid transdifferentiationStefan Gattenlohner
N Engl J Med 358:649-50. 2008
- P53 mutation and MDM2 amplification frequency in pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma tumors and cell linesA C Taylor
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 35:96-103. 2000..Wild-type p53 functions as a regulator of apoptosis, so mutations in the p53 gene are generally associated with aggressive tumors and a poor prognosis...
- Testicular germ cell tumor with rhabdomyosarcoma successfully treated by disease-adapted chemotherapy including high-dose chemotherapy: case report and review of the literatureA Korfel
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Transfusion Medicine, Klinikum Benjamin Franklin, , Berlin, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 28:787-9. 2001..We report a rare case of mixed GCT composed of seminoma, teratoma and rhabdomyosarcoma with the rhabdomyosarcomatous component metastasized into the liver and bone marrow (BM) causing ..
- Vinorelbine and low-dose cyclophosphamide in the treatment of pediatric sarcomas: pilot study for the upcoming European Rhabdomyosarcoma ProtocolMichela Casanova
Department of Medical Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milan, Italy
Cancer 101:1664-71. 2004Following their previous report on the activity of vinorelbine in the treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma, the authors report the results of a pilot study aimed at defining the optimal dose of vinorelbine when this agent is used in conjunction ..
- TGF-beta1 signal pathway may contribute to rhabdomyosarcoma development by inhibiting differentiationShouli Wang
Department of Pathology, Soochow University School of Medicine, Suzhou, China
Cancer Sci 101:1108-16. 2010Overexpression of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) and its downstream molecules in the rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) RD cell line has been reported previously, but the regulatory role of TGF-beta1 on RMS has not been studied ..
- Adult laryngeal rhabdomyosarcoma: report of a case and literature reviewA Shayah
Department of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Hull Royal Infirmary, Hull HU3 2JZ, United Kingdom
Ann Afr Med 6:190-3. 2007b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is relatively seen in the pediatric age group with the head and neck region as the commonest site. To the best of our knowledge, few cases of laryngeal involvement in adult have been described in the literature...
- Diffusion-weighted MR imaging in monitoring the effect of a vascular targeting agent on rhabdomyosarcoma in ratsHarriet C Thoeny
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium
Radiology 234:756-64. 2005....
- Botryoid-type pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma of the renal pelvis in an adult. A rare case report and review of the literatureWen-Chiuan Tsai
Department of Pathology, Tri-Service General Hospital and National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Urol Int 77:89-91. 2006b>Rhabdomyosarcoma of the renal pelvis is an extremely rare lesion for which only two reports are available. Here, we report another case of botryoid-type pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma in the renal pelvis...
- High anti tumor activity against rhabdomyosarcoma cells and low normal cells cytotoxicity of heat shock protein 90 inhibitors, with special emphasis on 17-[2-(pyrrolidin-1-yl)ethyl]-aminno-17-demethoxygeldanamycinE Lukasiewicz
Department of Transplantation, Polish American Institute of Pediatrics, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:161-6. 2009b>Rhabdomyosarcoma is a highly metastatic tumor, mostly observed in children and adolescence. When diagnosed at early stages it is mostly curable. However, in advanced or metastatic stages the 5-years survival rate is below 20%...
- High-dose chemotherapy followed by peripheral blood stem cell rescue for metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma: the experience at Chicago Children's Memorial HospitalD O Walterhouse
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Medical School, Children s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
Med Pediatr Oncol 32:88-92. 1999Because outcome for metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma remains poor with standard therapy, and because some patients with extensive unresectable metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma are unable to tolerate standard therapy with the associated large ..
- Paediatric nasopharyngeal rhabdomyosarcoma: A case series and literature reviewJ N Healy
Department of Radiation Oncology, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 54:388-94. 2010b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft tissue tumour in children, with the head and neck region accounting for 35-40% of cases. Nasopharyngeal RMSs tend to grow rapidly and invade adjacent structures...
- High-dose melphalan with autologous stem-cell rescue in metastatic rhabdomyosarcomaM Carli
Department of Pediatrics, Oncology Hematology Division, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 17:2796-803. 1999The European Collaborative MMT4-91 trial was conducted as a prospective nonrandomized study to evaluate the potential benefit of high-dose melphalan as consolidation of first complete remission in children with stage IV rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Rhabdomyosarcomagenesis-Novel pathway foundAtsushi Asakura
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Cancer Cell 4:421-2. 2003b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft tissue sarcoma in children. Recent work presented in this issue of Cancer Cell by Fleischmann et al...
- Betulinic acid induces apoptosis and inhibits hedgehog signalling in rhabdomyosarcomaM Eichenmüller
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Lindwurmstrasse 4, Munich 80337, Federal Republic of Germany
Br J Cancer 103:43-51. 2010b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft-tissue sarcoma in childhood with the ability to resist apoptosis by the activation of survival promoting and anti-apoptotic proteins.
- Conjunctival cat-scratch disease simulating rhabdomyosarcomaBrian P Marr
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:302-3. 2003
- Differentiation of human rhabdomyosarcoma RD cells is regulated by reciprocal, functional interactions between myostatin, p38 and extracellular regulated kinase signalling pathwaysStefania Rossi
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnologies and Interuniversity Institute of Myology IIM, University of Brescia, Viale Europa 11, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Eur J Cancer 47:1095-105. 2011b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) includes heterogeneous tumours of mesenchymal derivation which are genetically committed to the myogenic lineage, but fail to complete terminal differentiation...
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 and CCI-779, an ester analogue of rapamycin, additively inhibit rhabdomyosarcoma growthM A Gallicchio
Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Austin Hospital, Studley Rd, Heidelberg, Victoria, 3084, Australia
Horm Metab Res 35:822-7. 2003..Treatment of Rh30 rhabdomyosarcoma cells with insulin-like growth factor binding protein-6 (IGFBP-6; 1000 ng/ml), which binds insulin-like ..
- Skeletal muscle rhabdomyosarcomas in inbred laboratory miceJ P Sundberg
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME
Vet Pathol 28:200-6. 1991....
- A complete remission of sclerosing rhabdomyosarcoma with multiple lung and bone metastases treated with multi-agent chemotherapy and peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT): a case reportKenshi Sakayama
Department of Bone and Joint Surgery, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Shitsukawa, Toon, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Anticancer Res 28:2361-7. 2008A case of sclerosing rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) in a young adult with multiple lung and skip bone metastases is reported...
- Synergism between INK4a/ARF inactivation and aberrant HGF/SF signaling in rhabdomyosarcomagenesisRichard Sharp
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Med 8:1276-80. 2002b>Rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) is the most common soft-tissue sarcoma in children, yet molecular events associated with the genesis and progression of this potentially fatal disease are largely unknown...
- Characteristics and outcomes of rhabdomyosarcoma patients with isolated lung metastases from IRS-IVDavid Rodeberg
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:256-62. 2005To better understand outcomes in children with rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) and lung-only metastatic disease, the authors reviewed the experience from Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Studies IV Pilot and IV.
- Soft tissue sarcoma or malignant mesenchymal tumors in the first year of life: experience of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) Malignant Mesenchymal Tumor CommitteeD Orbach
Departement de Pediatrie, Institut Curie 26, rue d Ulm, 75005 Paris, France
J Clin Oncol 23:4363-71. 2005..To describe the outcome of infants with a histologically confirmed diagnosis of malignant mesenchymal tumor (MMT) included in the International Society of Paediatric Oncology studies MMT 84 and MMT 89...
- Treatment of nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma in childhood and adolescence: third study of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology--SIOP Malignant Mesenchymal Tumor 89Michael C G Stevens
University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 23:2618-28. 2005To improve outcome for children with nonmetastatic rhabdomyosarcoma and to reduce systematic use of local therapy.
- European intergroup studies (MMT4-89 and MMT4-91) on childhood metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma: final results and analysis of prognostic factorsM Carli
University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 22:4787-94. 2004Final results are presented from two consecutive European studies for patients with metastatic rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) to identify prognostic variables and determine the value of high-dose chemotherapy (HDCT) in complete remission.
- Complete second look operation and radiotherapy in locally advanced non-alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma in children: A report from the AIEOP soft tissue sarcoma committeeGiovanni Cecchetto
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:593-7. 2008..To evaluate the effect of radiotherapy (RT) in association with complete second look operation, histologically confirmed, on outcome of patients with IRS Gr.III non-alveolar RMS...
- Cyclophosphamide dose intensification during induction therapy for intermediate-risk pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma is feasible but does not improve outcome: a report from the soft tissue sarcoma committee of the children's oncology groupSheri L Spunt
St Jude Children s Research Hospital and University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6072-9. 2004More than half of pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma cases have intermediate-risk features and suboptimal outcome (3-year failure-free survival estimates, 55 to 76%). Dose intensification of known active agents may improve outcome.
- [Soft tissue sarcoma: postoperative chemotherapy]Takahiro Goto
Dept of Orthopaedic Surgery and Musculoskeletal Oncology, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 31:1324-30. 2004..Prognoses are poor in patients with osteosarcoma, Ewing's sarcoma, or rhabdomyosarcoma, when surgery alone is performed...
- AMORE protocol in pediatric head and neck rhabdomyosarcoma: descriptive analysis of failure patternsJoeri Buwalda
Department of Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands. J.Buwalda @kmb.azu.nl
Head Neck 27:390-6. 2005BACKGROUND: The AMORE protocol is a local treatment for patients with nonorbital pediatric head and neck rhabdomyosarcoma (HNRMS)...
- Role of surgery for nonmetastatic abdominal rhabdomyosarcomas: a report from the Italian and German Soft Tissue Cooperative Groups StudiesGiovanni Cecchetto
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Surgery, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Cancer 97:1974-80. 2003..In the current study, the authors aim to evaluate clinical features and treatment results observed in patients from the German and Italian studies who had nonmetastatic abdominal rhabdomyosarcomas (RMS)...
- Are serum levels of CD44 relevant in children with pediatric sarcomas?Rejin Kebudi
Division of Pediatric Oncology, Istanbul University, Oncology Institute, Istanbul, Turkey
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:62-5. 2006..The aim of this study is to compare serum levels of CD44 in children with sarcomas with those in healthy children...
- [Systemic therapy in children and adolescents]B Kremens
Klinik für Kinderheilkunde 3, Hämatologie, Onkologie, Pulmologie, Zentrum für Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Universitatsklinikum, 45122 Essen
Urologe A 46:1404-6. 2007..rates of almost 90% for nephroblastoma and germ cell tumors and 60% for neuroblastoma (all stages) and rhabdomyosarcoma. The principles of antineoplastic therapy are the same as in adult cancer medicine; the drugs used depend ..
- Soft-tissue sarcomas in children and adolescents with neurofibromatosis type 1Andrea Ferrari
Pediatric Oncology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Cancer 109:1406-12. 2007..The clinical findings and outcome in 43 children and adolescents with NF1 treated for STS in the Italian protocols between 1988 and 2004 are reported...
- Biopsy or debulking surgery as initial surgery for locally advanced rhabdomyosarcomas in children?: the experience of the Italian Cooperative Group studiesGiovanni Cecchetto
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Cancer 110:2561-7. 2007..approach (biopsy vs resection with macroscopic residual tumors) on the outcome of patients with localized Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study (IRS) Group III rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) enrolled in the Italian studies between 1979 and 2003.
- Assessment of response to induction therapy and its influence on 5-year failure-free survival in group III rhabdomyosarcoma: the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study-IV experience--a report from the Soft Tissue Sarcoma Committee of the Children's Oncology GrMegan Burke
Children s Hospital Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:4909-13. 2007..For Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study (IRS) IV patients with group III rhabdomyosarcoma, we assessed whether reported response assessed by ..
- Avascular osteonecrosis after hyperthermia in children and adolescents with pelvic malignancies: a retrospective analysis of potential risk factorsS Balzer
Clinic of Pediatric Oncology, Hematology and Immunology, , Germany
Int J Hyperthermia 22:451-61. 2006..Based on this observation, it was assumed that an optimized three dimensional thermal field modelling may be helpful to avoid hazardous temperatures in the femoral heads during RHT treatment and to reduce AON of the femoral heads...
- Initial patient characteristics can predict pattern and risk of relapse in localized rhabdomyosarcomaTobias M Dantonello
Olgahospital, Pediatrics 5 Oncology, Hematology, Immunology, Klinikum Stuttgart, Bismarckstrasse 8, D 70176 Stuttgart, Germany
J Clin Oncol 26:406-13. 2008..tumor-, treatment-, and patient-related factors predicting relapse pattern, risk, and survival after relapse with the aim to design a risk-adapted, tumor-directed surveillance program for patients with localized rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS).
- p53 gene gets altered by various mechanisms: studies in childhood sarcomas and retinoblastomaPrachi Ghule
Cancer Cytogenetics Laboratory, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Med Sci Monit 12:BR385-396. 2006....
- Results in patients with cranial parameningeal sarcoma and metastases (Stage 4) treated on Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG) Protocols II-IV, 1978-1997: report from the Children's Oncology GroupBeverly Raney
Children s Cancer Hospital, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:17-22. 2008Determine outcome of patients with cranial parameningeal sarcoma and concurrent metastases treated on Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG) Protocols II-IV.
- [Genitourinary soft tissue sarcomas located outside bladder and prostate in children treated according to the CWS-96 protocol--report from the Polish Paediatric Solid Tumours Study Group]Ewa Bien
Ośrodki Polskiej Pediatrycznej Grupy Guzów Litych
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:507-15. 2005..Analysis of therapy efficacy in non-bladder/prostate genitourinary sarcomas in children treated from I'1997 to VI'2003 with CWS-96 protocol in Poland...
- Improved survival for children with parameningeal rhabdomyosarcoma: results from the AIEOP soft tissue sarcoma committeeGianni Bisogno
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1154-8. 2008Parameningeal rhabdomyosarcoma (PM-RMS) is a rare, highly malignant pediatric tumor arising from locations adjacent to the meninges, from where it can spread intracranially.
- [Diagnostic and therapeutic difficulties in soft tissue sarcomas localized in nonparameningeal head and neck region--own experiences]Teresa Stachowicz-Stencel
Klinika Pediatrii, Hematologii, Onkologii i Endokrynologii Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:487-94. 2005..The aim of the study was to analyze the reasons for disappointing results of oncological therapy in children with MTM treated between 1992 and 2004...
- Treatment outcome of rhabdomyosarcoma in Hong Kong Chinese childrenX J Yuan
Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 14:116-23. 2008To review the treatment outcome of rhabdomyosarcoma in Hong Kong Chinese children.
- Concomitant administration of vincristine, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, ifosfamide, and etoposide for high-risk sarcomas: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experienceFariba Navid
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Cancer 106:1846-56. 2006..Vincristine, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide, ifosfamide, and etoposide are highly effective against pediatric sarcomas. The authors investigated the feasibility of administering these agents concomitantly within a defined period...
- Primary renal sarcomas in the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG) experience, 1972-2005: A report from the Children's Oncology GroupBeverly Raney
Children s Cancer Hospital and Division of Pediatrics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:339-43. 2008..To describe clinical and pathologic characteristics and outcome of patients with renal sarcomas...
- Clinical characteristics and surgical treatment of perianal and perineal rhabdomyosarcoma: analysis of Japanese patients and comparison with IRSG reportsKaori Okamura
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, Koshigaya Hospital, 2-1-50, Minami-Koshigaya, 343-8555, Koshigaya, Saitama, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 22:129-34. 2006..and three of our own, were analyzed and the results were compared with the data reported from the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG)...
- Bone mineral density deficits in pediatric patients treated for sarcomaSue C Kaste
Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1032-8. 2008..Children treated for sarcoma are at risk of treatment-associated deficits in bone mineral density (BMD). We investigated the severity of risk factors for BMD deficits in this patient population...
- Continent urinary reconstruction in rhabdomyosarcoma: a new approachRicardo G Freitas
Division of Pediatric Urology, Department of Surgery/Pediatrics, , , Brazil
J Pediatr Surg 39:1333-7. 2004PURPOSE: The authors present here 5 cases of continent urinary diversion in rhabdomyosarcoma applying a recently described technique for the Mitrofanoff Principle devised by the authors...
- Sarcomas of the head and neck regionErich M Sturgis
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Unit 441, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 15:239-52. 2003..This review discusses the classification, etiology, diagnosis, evaluation, treatment, and prognosis of sarcoma of the head and neck region...
- Solid tumors in childrenNancy E Kline
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children s Hospital, and Texas Children s Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 18:96-102. 2003..The most common types of solid tumors in children include brain tumors, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, Wilms' tumor, and osteosarcoma...
- Intergroup rhabdomyosarcoma study-IV: results for patients with nonmetastatic diseaseW M Crist
Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG) representing the Children's Cancer Group, the Pediatric Oncology Group, and the Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Statistical Office, and the Quality Assurance Review Center, Arcadia, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3091-102. 2001PURPOSE: The study goal was to improve outcome in children with rhabdomyosarcoma by comparing risk-based regimens of surgery, radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy...
- Treatment of children with nonmetastatic paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma: results of the Malignant Mesenchymal Tumors studies (MMT 84 and MMT 89) of the International Society of Pediatric OncologyRichard J Stewart
Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 21:793-8. 2003..and 89) of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP) in males with nonmetastatic paratesticular rhabdomyosarcoma. PATIENTS AND METHODS: From 1984 to 1994, 96 males were treated in SIOP protocols...
- What constitutes optimal therapy for patients with rhabdomyosarcoma of the female genital tract?C A Arndt
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer 91:2454-68. 2001Factors affecting outcome for rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) of the female genital tract in patients treated on Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study Group (IRSG) protocols I-IV were evaluated to define optimal therapy.
- Long-term results of three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy for patients with rhabdomyosarcomaSuzanne L Wolden
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, SM07, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cancer 97:179-85. 2003The authors evaluated the outcome of patients with rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) who were treated with three-dimensional (3D) conformal radiation therapy (RT) at a single institution.
- Cyclophosphamide plus topotecan in children with recurrent or refractory solid tumors: a Pediatric Oncology Group phase II studyR L Saylors
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:3463-9. 2001..Responses (complete response plus partial response) were seen in rhabdomyosarcoma (10 of 15 patients), Ewing's sarcoma (six of 17 patients), and neuroblastoma (six of 13 patients)...
- Soft tissue sarcoma in children: prognosis and managementEwa Koscielniak
Olga Hospital, Pediatric Center, Bismarckstrasse 8, Stuttgart 50 176, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 4:21-8. 2002..As a result of large multicenter STS studies, such as the North-American Intergroup Rhabdomyosarcoma Study, the German Pediatric Soft Tissue Sarcoma Study Group (CWS), Italian Gruppo Cooperativo Italiano study ..
- Which patients with microscopic disease and rhabdomyosarcoma experience relapse after therapy? A report from the soft tissue sarcoma committee of the children's oncology groupL M Smith
Primary Children s Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:4058-64. 2001To identify which patients with rhabdomyosarcoma and microscopic residual disease (group II) are likely to not respond to therapy.
- [Pediatric rhabdomyosarcoma of the infratemporal fossa]O Rozan
Service d'ORL et de Chirurgie Cervico-Faciale, Institut Gustave Roussy Villejuif, France
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 119:195-201. 2002OBJECTIVE: Prognosis of rhabdomyosarcoma of the infratemporal fossa is generally poor. We report our experience...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of the oral and maxillofacial region in Jordanians: a retrospective analysisTaiseer Al-Khateeb
Jordan University of Science and Technology Irbid, Jordan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 93:580-5. 2002The objective was to study the clinicopathologic features of rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) of the oral and maxillofacial region in Jordanians.
- Grading in soft tissue tumors: principles and problemsA M Oliveira
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Skeletal Radiol 30:543-59. 2001..This article summarizes and critically analyzes the various important grading systems that have thus far been proposed and suggests alternatives for the elaboration of more reproducible systems with higher predictive capabilities...
- IRSG STUDIES OF ALVEOLAR RHABDOMYOSARCOMA GENE FUSIONSFREDERIC BARR; Fiscal Year: 2005DESCRIPTION: Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS) is an aggressive soft tissue tumor of the striated muscle lineage that occurs in children and young adults...
- ENZYMES AND REACTIONS FOR REPAIR OF DNA IN HUMAN CELLSTHOMAS BRENT; Fiscal Year: 1993..We plan to extend these observations to a larger series of other tumor lines including human rhabdomyosarcoma and brain tumor xenograft lines having a spectrum of MGMT expression, as well as normal differentiated human ..
- IRON, NO, AND LIPID PEROXIDES IN PHOTODYNAMIC THERAPYALBERT GIROTTI; Fiscal Year: 1999..an emphasis on the photoprotective effects of iron and NO, these hypotheses will be tested, using in vivo (rhabdomyosarcoma) and in vitro (leukemia, breast tumor, endothelial) models, two PDT sensitizers, and techniques such as high-..
- Rapamycin-induced Selective Apoptosis in Malignant CellsPeter Houghton; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the approach is not effective against IGF-2-driven rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) xenografts...
- Mechanism of regulation for the oncogenic Pax3-FOXO1 in Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaANDREW DURRELL HOLLENBACH; Fiscal Year: 2010Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma (ARMS), an aggressive childhood solid muscle tumor with a poor prognosis, is frequently characterized by a t(2;13) chromosomal translocation resulting in the fusion of two myogenic transcription factors, Pax3 ..
- Rapamycin-induced Selective Apoptosis in Malignant CellsPeter J Houghton; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, the approach is not effective against IGF-2-driven rhabdomyosarcoma (RMS) xenografts...
- Ovarian Follicular Developmental and Hormone ActionJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2007..the phosphorylation of PKB and the down-stream transcription factor Foxo1 or FKHR (forkhead homolog of rhabdomyosarcoma=forkhead)...
- FUSOGENIC MEMBRANE PROTEINS AS THERAPEUTIC TRANSGENESEvanthia Galanis; Fiscal Year: 2004..tumor cell lines including A431 (epithelial carcinoma), C170 (colon cancer), HeLa (cervical cancer), TE671 (rhabdomyosarcoma), and the glioma cell lines U87 and U118...
- TREATMENT OF CHILDHOOD CANCERMartin Brecher; Fiscal Year: 2002..studies for the treatment of advanced Hodgkin's disease, advanced small non- cleaved cell lymphoma, non-rhabdomyosarcoma soft tissue sarcomas, acute lymphoblastic leukemia in relapse, the National Wilms Tumor Study, brain tumors ..
- Therapeutic Targets in Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaCharles Keller; Fiscal Year: 2010..The childhood muscle cancer alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is a classic example...
- Therapeutic Targets in Alveolar RhabdomyosarcomaCharles Keller; Fiscal Year: 2010..The childhood muscle cancer alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma is a classic example...