Genomes and Genes
Summary: A benign tumor composed of fat cells.
Publications290 found, 100 shown here
- Lipoma of the oral and maxillofacial region: Site and subclassification of 125 casesMary A Furlong
Department of Pathology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:441-50. 2004Lipomas and lipoma variants are common soft tissue tumors, but occur infrequently in the oral and maxillofacial region. In this study, we reviewed 125 lipomas in specific oral and maxillofacial locations...
- Immunoreactivity for the human hematopoietic progenitor cell antigen (CD34) in lipomatous tumorsS Suster
Department of Pathology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 21:195-200. 1997..14 lipomas, 19 angiolipomas, 4 atypical lipomas, 18 spindle cell lipomas, 3 renal angiomyolipomas, 1 intramuscular lipoma, and 31 liposarcomas...
- Isolation and identification of mesenchymal stem cells from human lipoma tissueTsai Ming Lin
Graduate Institute of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 361:883-9. 2007b>Lipoma is a benign neoplasm of normal fat cells that appears as a soft, movable swelling, often with a slight yellowish coloration...
- Intradermal spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma of the vulva: case report and review of the literatureJorge S Reis-Filho
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology IPATIMUP, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
J Cutan Pathol 29:59-62. 2002Spindle cell/pleomorphic lipoma (SC/PL) is a benign adipose tissue tumor that usually affects the subcutaneous tissues of shoulders, backs, and neck region of middle-aged male patients...
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the tongueEsin Atik
Department of Pathology, Inonu University Medical School, Turkey
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:430-1. 2002
- C11orf95-MKL2 is the resulting fusion oncogene of t(11;16)(q13;p13) in chondroid lipomaDali Huang
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 3135, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:810-8. 2010Chondroid lipoma, a rare benign adipose tissue tumor, may histologically resemble myxoid liposarcoma or extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma, but is genetically distinct...
- Sialolipoma: a report of seven cases of a new variant of salivary gland lipomaT Nagao
Department of Surgical Pathology, Teikyo University, School of Medicine, Ichihara Hospital, Ichihara, Japan
Histopathology 38:30-6. 2001..Until now, these tumours have not been regarded as a distinct entity in the salivary glands. METHODS and..
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the orbit: a case series and review of literatureClaire S Daniel
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 110:101-5. 2003..Pleomorphic lipomas are rare benign tumors that can resemble a variety of malignant soft tissue tumors on histologic examination. Six cases of patients with orbital pleomorphic lipoma, one of which was proven to be bilateral, are presented.
- Atypical lipoma of the tongueP L Moore
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Warwick Hospital, Warwick, UK
J Laryngol Otol 115:859-61. 2001We report an atypical lipoma arising in the tongue of a 43-year-old man who presented with an indolent dorsal lingual swelling. Atypical lipomas contain multivacoulated lipoblasts, which distinguishes them from benign lipomas...
- Expression of reciprocal fusion transcripts of the HMGIC and LPP genes in parosteal lipomaM M Petit
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, University of Leuven, Belgium
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 106:18-23. 1998..In this study, cytogenetic and molecular analyses revealed similar findings in a parosteal lipoma. Specifically, a t(3;12)(q28;q14) was detected cytogenetically in a parosteal lipoma from a 51-year-old female and ..
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the oral cavity. Report of a caseV Perrotti
Dental School, University of Chieti Pescara, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 55:321-5. 2006Pleomorphic lipoma (PL) is a rare benign tumor mainly located in the upper back, upper shoulders, and back of the neck in elderly men. More rarely it is located in the head and neck region and in the oral cavity...
- A rare case of dysphagia and palpitation caused by the compression exerted by an enormous mediastinal lipomaC H Chen
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei City, Taiwan
Rev Port Pneumol 18:149-52. 2012..Subsequent CT scan showed a large posterior mediastinal lipoma extending from the level of the aortic arch to the thoracoabdominal junction...
- Desmin expression in spindle cell lipomas: a potential diagnostic pitfallJuan C Tardio
Servicio de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de Fuenlabrada, Camino del Molino 2, 28942 Fuenlabrada Madrid, Spain
Virchows Arch 445:354-8. 2004....
- Spindle-cell lipoma of the cheek: a case reportA Piattelli
Dental School, University of Chieti, Chieti, Italy
Oral Oncol 36:495-6. 2000Spindle-cell lipoma (SCL) is a distinct histological variant of lipoma. Clinically, it appears as a solitary, subcutaneous, circumscribed lesion. SCL accounts for about 1.5% of all adipocytic tumours...
- Jejunojejunal intussusception secondary to a jejunal lipoma in an adultTsung Hsien Chiang
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:924-6. 2006
- Ultrasonographic appearance of lipoma in the oral and maxillofacial regionLai ping Zhong
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, China
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:738-40. 2004To summarize the clinical situation, ultrasonographic appearance, diagnosis, and treatment experience of lipoma in the oral and maxillofacial region.
- Intraosseous lipoma of the body of the sphenoid boneMartin R MacFarlane
Department of Neurosurgery, Christchurch, New Zealand
J Clin Neurosci 12:105-8. 2005A case of intraosseous lipoma arising from the body of the sphenoid bone with intrasellar and suprasellar components is reported...
- Pleomorphic lipoma of the tonsillar fossa--a case reportNidhi Singh
Department of Pathology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 46:476-7. 2003Pleomorphic lipoma is a benign adipocytic tumor, commonly located in the shoulder and posterior neck region...
- Lipoma excisionGohar A Salam
Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:901-4. 2002..Lipomas must be distinguished from liposarcoma, which can have a similar appearance...
- Intraosseous lipoma of the left frontoethmoidal sinuses and nasal cavityW M A Abdalla
The Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 28:615-7. 2007..benign tumors that may appear as congenital lesions or may be acquired (metaplasia from a pre-existing lipoma). Only a handful of head and neck cases have been reported in the literature...
- Low-fat and fat-free pleomorphic lipomas: a diagnostic challengeMandi P Sachdeva
Department of Dermatology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 31:423-6. 2009..When fat is absent or present in reduced amounts, clinical context and identification of classic nonlipogenic components are essential for the diagnosis of pleomorphic lipomas...
- Lipoma case reportJohn Robinson Saltzman
Brigham Endoscopy Center, Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
MedGenMed 7:16. 2005
- Intraosseous lipoma. A clinical, radiologic, and pathologic study of 5 casesEduardo Eyzaguirre
Division of Surgical Pathology, Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, TX 77555 0588, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:320-5. 2007Intraosseous lipoma is an uncommon tumor of bone with indistinct radiologic features that makes it diagnostically challenging to radiologists and pathologists...
- Conditional loss of PTEN leads to skeletal abnormalities and lipoma formationShu Chen Hsieh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, Center for Tissue Regeneration and Repair, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Mol Carcinog 48:545-52. 2009..Further analyses have suggested that the phenotypes of PTEN mutant likely attribute to PTEN's negatively regulating role in PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Giant lipoma of the adrenal glandKonstantinos N Milathianakis
Department of Urology, Metaxa Cancer Hospital, Piraeus, Greece
J Urol 167:1777. 2002
- Cytogenetic and cytologic features of chondroid lipoma of soft tissueT A Thomson
Department of Laboratory Medicine, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Clinic, Canada
Mod Pathol 12:88-91. 1999The cytologic and cytogenetic findings of chondroid lipoma, a rare benign tumor of soft tissue, have not been described...
- Chondroid lipoma is characterized by t(11;16)(q13;p12-13)Florence Ballaux
Virchows Arch 444:208-10. 2004
- Synovial and tenosynovial lipoma arborescens of the ankle in an adult: a case reportS A Babar
Imaging Department, Hammersmith Hospital Trust, DuCane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Skeletal Radiol 37:75-7. 2008b>Lipoma arborescens is a rare benign fat-containing synovial proliferative lesion that is typically known to affect the knee joint in adults...
- Intraosseous lipoma: report of 35 new cases and a review of the literatureR S D Campbell
Department of Radiology, The James Cook University Hospital, Marton Road, Middlesbrough, TS4 3BW, UK
Skeletal Radiol 32:209-22. 2003..To identify the common imaging features of intraosseous lipomas on radiographs, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT), and review their histological features...
- Giant submucosal sigmoid colon lipomaAnil M Bahadursingh
Department of Surgery, Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, 3635 Vista at Grand, P O Box 15250, St Louis, Mo 63110 0250, USA
Am J Surg 186:81-2. 2003
- The dramatic presentation of colonic lipomata: report of two cases and review of the literatureJ M Franc-Law
Department of Pathology, The Sir Mortimer B. Davis-Jewish General Hospital and McGill University Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am Surg 67:491-4. 2001Colonic lipoma with a dramatic presentation requiring urgent operation is a rare occurrence. We report two such cases in conjunction with a review of the literature on colonic lipomata...
- Giant submucosal lipoma located in the descending colon: a case report and review of the literatureLi Jiang
The First Department of General Surgery, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:5664-7. 2007Colonic lipoma is an uncommon tumor of the gastrointestinal tract. Most cases are asymptomatic, with a small tumor size, and do not need any special treatment...
- Imaging of fatty tumors: distinction of lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcomaMark J Kransdorf
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32224 3899, USA
Radiology 224:99-104. 2002To review the reliability of computed tomographic (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging features in distinguishing lipoma and well-differentiated liposarcoma.
- Endobronchial lipoma: review of 64 cases reported in JapanMasashi Muraoka
First Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Chest 123:293-6. 2003Several recent studies discuss bronchoscopic techniques for treating endobronchial lipoma, an extremely rare benign tumor.
- Updates on the cytogenetics and molecular genetics of bone and soft tissue tumors: lipomaAvery A Sandberg
Department of DNA Diagnostics, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, 350 West Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 150:93-115. 2004
- Giant submucosal lipoma cause colo-colonic intussusception. A case report and review of literatureEmanuele Grasso
Department of General Surgery and Traumatology, Locarno Reginal Hospital, Switzerland
Ann Ital Chir 83:559-62. 2012b>Lipoma of the large intestine is rare, with a reported incidence ranging between 0.2% and 4.4%. We present a case of a giant colonic lipoma causing descending-colonic intussusception.
- Giant lipoma of the thigh in a patient with morbid obesityGeorge C Zografos
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1467-8. 2002
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic resection of a giant anterior mediastinal tumor (lipoma) using an original sternum-lifting techniqueSadanori Takeo
Department of Thoracic Surgery, National Kyushu Medical Center, Fukuoka, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:565-8. 2005We report here the complete thoracoscopic resection of a giant lipoma (18x15x5 cm, 560 g) in a 33-year-old man using an original sternum-lifting technique...
- Giant cervical lipoma invading carotid artery: a case reportAlper Tunga Derin
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 19:28-31. 2009..In this manuscript we report a case of cervical giant lipoma surrounding and infiltrating the common carotid artery which was treated by grafting carotid artery, and our ..
- Carpal canal lipoma causing lameness in a dogD Szabo
Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists, 6 Forest Corner Farm, Hangersley, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 3JW, United Kingdom
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 24:299-302. 2011..This report describes the case of a dog exhibiting lameness secondary to a lipoma within the carpal canal. Lameness improved after surgical removal of the mass...
- Surgical experience of 120 patients with lumbosacral lipomasH Arai
Department of Neurosurgery, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 143:857-64. 2001..Although all 120 patients underwent untethering of the spinal cord, the nerve roots passing through the lipoma itself and the neural tissues protruding externally to the spinal canal, respectively, tended to prevent ..
- [A case of lipoma of the stomach prolapsing into the duodenal bulb and causing a duodenal ulcer]Tateki Yamane
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 106:1643-9. 2009We report a case of lipoma in the antrum of the stomach which prolapsed into the duodenal bulb and caused a duodenal ulcer, which was speculated to have been induced by the friction of its tip against the duodenal mucosa...
- Colonic lipoma with intussusceptionChin Chen Chang
Department of Medical Imaging, National Taiwan University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mayo Clin Proc 82:10. 2007
- Cauda equina compression after trauma: an unusual presentation of spinal epidural lipomaConstantin Schizas
Whittington Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 28:E148-51. 2003..A case report is presented...
- Giant infiltrating lipoma of the face: CT and MR imaging findingsCappabianca Salvatore
Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Istituto di Chirurgia Orale e Maxillo Facciale, Viale Farnese 36, 80131 Naples, Italy
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 24:283-6. 2003Infiltrating lipoma is an uncommon mesenchymal neoplasm that characteristically infiltrates adjacent tissues and tends to recur after excision. This type of lipoma is extremely rare in the head and neck region...
- Lipoma of the cerebellopontine angleJacob R Brodsky
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 27:271-4. 2006..Surgical histopathology demonstrated mature adipocytes, consistent with lipoma. Two years after surgery, the patient remains free of facial nerve symptoms...
- Pleomorphic lipoma lacking mature fat component in extensive myxoid stroma: a great diagnostic challengeXu Yong Lin
Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, 110001, China
Diagn Pathol 7:155. 2012Pleomorphic lipoma is a relatively uncommon entity, and is considered as a variant of spindle cell lipoma...
- Intraosseous lipoma in the periapical region of a maxillary third molarAndré Luiz Gomide Morais
School of Dentistry, Federal University of Goias, Goiania, Goias, Brazil
J Endod 37:554-7. 2011..Lesions mimicking apical periodontitis must be considered when making a differential diagnosis. Intraosseous lipoma is a rare benign tumor of low incidence among all bone tumors, and therefore few cases have been reported in the ..
- Mandibular intraosseous lipoma: clinical features of a condylar locationL M Gonzalez-Perez
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Seville, Spain
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 39:617-20. 2010..As far as the authors know, there have been no documented cases of intraosseous lipoma involving the temporomandibular joint...
- Lipoma treatment with a subdermal Nd:YAG laser techniqueAlberto Goldman
Clinica Goldman of Plastic Surgery, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Int J Dermatol 48:1228-32. 2009b>Lipoma is the most common benign mesenchymal tumor composed of mature fat cells. The standard treatment for lipoma is excision. Many treatments have been described in order to minimize the scars produced by surgical excision...
- Fatty lesions of the atria and interatrial septumKristopher S Cunningham
Department of Pathology, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Hum Pathol 37:1245-51. 2006..We describe the pathology of the most common fatty lesions and underscore some of the radiographic and surgical issues pertaining to the diagnosis and management of these masses...
- Successful extirpation of thoracic pleural lipoma by single-port thoracoscopic surgerySoichi Oka
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, Japan
Asian J Surg 34:140-2. 2011..The resected tumor was a pedunculated pleural mass, yellowish in color, and pathological diagnosis confirmed a lipoma. We describe the first known successful treatment by single-port VATS.
- An intraosseous lipoma in the frontal bone--a case reportG Nahles
Clinic for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Clinical Navigation and Robotics, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 33:408-10. 2004A rare case of a recurrent intraosseous lipoma affecting the frontoparietal skull is reported. The diagnostic difficulties, histopathologic features and surgical therapy are presented.
- Cutaneous CD34+ spindle cell neoplasms: Histopathologic features distinguish spindle cell lipoma, solitary fibrous tumor, and dermatofibrosarcoma protuberansLance Wood
Department of Dermatology, The Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:764-8. 2010Spindle cell lipoma (SCL), dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (DFSP), and solitary fibrous tumors (SFT) are cutaneous CD34+ spindle cell tumors that may exhibit histopathologic and immunophenotypic overlap...
- Intraosseous lipoma: retrospective analysis of 29 patientsRoman Radl
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical School, University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 5, 8036 Graz, Austria
Int Orthop 28:374-8. 2004We reviewed 29 patients with intraosseous lipoma treated between 1985 and 2002. Mean patient age was 48 (20-75) years. According to Milgram's classification, ten cases were classified as stage I, 14 as stage II, and three as stage III...
- Lipoma of the pancreas: MRI findingsM Secil
Dokuz Eylul University Hospital, Department of Radiology, Izmir, Turkey
Comput Med Imaging Graph 25:507-9. 2001..Focal fatty infiltration of the pancreas is an entity that should be differentiated from a pancreatic lipoma. In this report the MRI findings of an incidentally found pancreatic lipoma are presented and the role of MRI in ..
- Peeling a giant ileal lipoma with endoscopic unroofing and submucosal dissectionTakashi Morimoto
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University Nerima Hospital, Tokyo 177 8521, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 16:1676-9. 2010b>Lipoma is relatively common in the colon but is less often in the small intestine. Most lipomas are incidentally detected at endoscopy and are usually small and asymptomatic...
- Osseous lipoma: eleven new cases and review of the literatureAhmet Kapukaya
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Dicle, Diyarbakir Turkey
Acta Orthop Belg 72:603-14. 2006This study describes the clinical features, radiological appearance, and treatment of 11 new cases of osseous lipoma and reviews 301 other cases in the literature...
- Distinct cytologic features of spindle cell lipoma. A cytologic-histologic study with clinical, radiologic, electron microscopic, and cytogenetic correlationsH A Domanski
Department of Pathology and Cytology, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Cancer 93:381-9. 2001Spindle cell lipoma (SCL) is a relatively uncommon, benign tumor that usually presents in the subcutaneous fat of adult men...
- Adult intussusception caused by an intestinal lipoma: report of a caseIchiro Akagi
Surgery for Organ Function and Biological Regulation, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 75:166-70. 2008..The resected specimen contained a round tumor measuring 27 x 27 x 40 mm which was diagnosed histopathologically as an intestinal lipoma. This case highlights the uncommon causation of adult intussusception by an intestinal lipoma.
- Intraosseous lipoma: a clinical study of 12 patientsTakahiro Goto
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Orthop Sci 7:274-80. 2002We studied 12 patients (13 bones) with intraosseous lipoma to elucidate the clinical features of this disease. The patients ranged in age from 14 to 54 years. Eleven patients were men and 1 was a woman...
- Spindle cell lipoma of the oral cavitySteven D Billings
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 28:28-31. 2006Spindle cell lipoma is typically seen in the neck/trunk region of middle-aged and older men. Rare cases of oral spindle cell lipoma have been reported...
- Radiologic features of pancreatic lipomaMax F Ryan
Medical Imaging Department, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Sunnybrook Campus, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:41-4. 2003
- Colonic lipoma with florid vascular proliferation and nodule-aggregating appearance related to repeated intussusceptionShiro Adachi
Department of Pathology, The City Hospital of Ikeda, Ikeda, Japan
Pathol Int 55:160-4. 2005A unique case of repeatedly intussuscepted colonic lipoma mimicking an epithelial tumor in a 50-year-old man is reported. The tumor was located in the ascending colon and was approximately 5 cm in diameter...
- Lumbar nerve root compression due to extradural, intraforaminal lipoma. An underdiagnosed entity?Dimitris Zevgaridis
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyanous Stavros, Aristotle University of Thessaliniki, Greece
J Neurosurg Spine 9:408-10. 2008..case of a patient with unilateral lumbar nerve root compression caused by extradural, intraforaminal, true adult lipoma. A 62-year-old woman suffered severe left L-5 radiculopathy that progressively worsened during the 12 months prior ..
- A rare case of intraoral lipoma in a six year-old child: a case reportMeduri Venkateswarlu
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, Kamineti Institute of Dental Sciences, Narketpally, Andhra Pradesh 508254, India
Int J Oral Sci 3:43-6. 2011One type of soft tissue lesions of the oral cavity is lipoma, which is a kind of benign tumor composed of mature lipid cells...
- Small intestinal intussusception secondary to a submucosal lipomaYulia Gray
Department of Pathology, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, 111 Brewster Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:231-2. 2002
- A hepatic lipoma mimicking angiomyolipoma of the liver: report of a caseNoriaki Nakamura
Department of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
Surg Today 39:825-8. 2009b>Lipoma of the liver is extremely rare. Since the current knowledge of such tumors is based primarily on individual case reports and small case series, little is so far known about this disease...
- Colocolonic intussusception secondary to an intraluminal lipomaHala Fatima
Department of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 5:e38. 2007
- Adult ileoileal intussusception induced by an ileal lipoma diagnosed preoperatively: report of a case and review of the literatureTsutomu Namikawa
Department of Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko cho, Nankoku, Kochi, 783 8505, Japan
Surg Today 42:686-92. 2012We herein report a case of adult ileoileal intussusception induced by an ileal lipoma. A 68-year-old woman with a history of small intestinal tumors was admitted to our hospital with severe, colicky lower abdominal pain, similar to ..
- [Pleural lipoma: report of a case]Masanobu Hayakawa
Department ofSurgery, Toyonaka Municipal Hospital, Toyonaka, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:1185-8. 2005..The resected tumor was a yellowish pleural mass and the pathological diagnosis was a benign lipoma. It is possible to make a diagnosis of lipoma preoperatively by CT and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), however, ..
- [Intrathoracic chest wall type lipoma with crescent-shaped mass on computed tomography; report of a case]Mio Gotoh
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Yokkaichi Municipal Hospital, Yokkaichi, Japan
Kyobu Geka 62:340-3. 2009..The lesion was a soft mass, pedunculated and numerously lobulated, that caused the crescent form of the mass on chest CT and MRI. Histopathological examination revealed mature lipoma.
- A case of massive left atrial lipoma occupying pericardial spaceTakeshi Yamamoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn Heart J 45:715-21. 2004We report a rare case of massive left atrial lipoma occupying pericardial space. A 52-year-old male was admitted because of cardiomegaly of unknown etiology...
- Intrapericardial lipoma: successful resection of a giant tumor without cardiopulmonary bypassLuca Botta
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University of Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Via Massarenti 9, Bologna, Italy
Cardiovasc Pathol 16:122-4. 2007Cardiac lipomas are very rare neoplasms. We describe herein a case of giant intrapericardial extracavitary lipoma in a 67-year-old man who has been previously treated for prostate and kidney cancers...
- A case of a large intrapericardial lipoma occupying pericardial space: an unusual complication of a coronary artery bypass surgeryFeridun Kosar
The Department of Cardiology, Inonu University, Faculty of Medicine, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Malatya, Turkey
J Card Surg 22:427-9. 2007..In this case report we present a 71-year-old man with a large intrapericardial lipoma originating from pericardium...
- Giant cardiac lipoma: report of a caseHasmet Bardakci
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Turkiye Yulsek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
J Card Surg 23:254-6. 2008..The patient underwent resection of a lipoma which weighed 1100 g and had a pedicle 6 cm in diameter, connected to the epicardial surface of right ventricle ..
- Intra-articular lipoma of the knee joint in a girlErhan Yilmaz
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Firat University, Medical Faculty, Elazig, Turkey
Arthroscopy 21:98-102. 2005Intra-articular lipoma is a rare benign mass that commonly occurs in the knee joint. We present the case of a 15-year-old girl with a slowly growing mass in her right knee. There was no history of trauma...
- Teratoma in human tail lipomaSe Hyuck Park
Department of Neurosurgery, Kandong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University, Seoul, Korea
Pediatr Neurosurg 41:158-61. 2005We report a case of a rare congenital teratoma that developed in a lipoma attached to a remnant human tail...
- Epidermal nevus syndrome associated with polyostotic fibrous dysplasia, CNS lipoma, and aplasia cutisMiguel Cabanillas
Department of Dermatology, Complexo Hospitalario Arquitecto Marcide Novoa Santos, Ferrol, Spain
Dermatol Online J 15:7. 2009..nevus associated with various organ abnormalities, particularly polyostotic fibrous dysplasia, central nervous system lipoma, and aplasia cutis. Our patient demonstrates the polymorphic spectrum of involvement in epidermal nevus syndrome.
- Bilateral multiple spindle cell lipomas of the tongueTomoaki Imai
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Saiseikai Senri Hospital, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 106:264-9. 2008Spindle cell lipoma (SCL) typically occurs in elderly men as a solitary lesion in the posterior neck and back, but less commonly also involves the oral cavity. Here, we describe a rare case of bilateral multiple SCLs of the tongue...
- Editor's quiz: GI haemorrhage and an incomplete colonoscopyMaw Soan Soon
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhua Christian Medical Center, Changhua, Taiwan, ROC
Gut 56:455, 496. 2007
- Myxolipoma of the epiglottis in an adult: a case reportSurinder K Singhal
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Government Medical College and Hospital, Chandigarh, India
Ear Nose Throat J 84:728, 730, 734. 2005..We report a case of myxolipoma-that is, a lipoma with foci of myxomatous degeneration-of the epiglottis in a 56-year-old woman...
- Newly described adipocytic lesionsL Guillou
University Institute of Pathology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Semin Diagn Pathol 18:238-49. 2001..the clinicopathologic features and differential diagnoses of 7 newly described adipocytic lesions: chondroid lipoma, myolipoma, lipomatous hemangiopericytoma, sclerotic lipoma, fibrohistiocytic lipoma, hemosiderotic ..
- Light and electron microscopic findings in a patient with orbital myolipomaAkiko Nagayama
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 7 1 Sakamoto, 852 8501 Nagasaki, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 241:773-6. 2003..This report describes the pathology of myolipoma, which is a benign soft tissue tumor and is a very rare tumor of the orbit...
- Carboxypeptidase M: a biomarker for the discrimination of well-differentiated liposarcoma from lipomaMichele R Erickson-Johnson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mod Pathol 22:1541-7. 2009..These findings suggest that identification of CPM amplification could be used as an alternative diagnostic tool for the diagnosis of well-differentiated liposarcoma/atypical lipomatous tumors...
- Endoloop ligation of a large colonic lipoma: a novel techniqueGottumukkala S Raju
Departments of Internal Medicine and Surgery, Center for Endoscopic Research, Training and Innovation CERTAIN, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0764, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:988-90. 2005
- Chondroid lipoma: findings on radiography and MRI (2006:7b)M D Hyzy
Department of Radiology, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park SA, 5042, Adelaide, Australia
Eur Radiol 16:2373-6. 2006We present a case of chondroid lipoma with various tumor components on MRI and ossified components on radiography...
- Submucous colon lipoma: a case report and review of the literatureHong Zhang
Department of General Surgery, The Second Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3167-9. 2005Colon lipoma is remarkably rare in clinical practice. We reported a case of ascending colon lipoma in an 83-year-old woman. She was asymptomatic with a lipoma of 35 mm x 30 mm x 24 mm in size which was found by routine colonoscopy...
- Lipoma arborescens of the kneeA P Davies
Avon Orthopaedic Centre, Southmead Hospital, Bristol BS10 5NB, UK
Knee 12:394-6. 2005b>Lipoma arborescens (diffuse articular lipomatosis) is a rare, benign intra-articular lesion of unknown aetiology...
- HMGA2 is the partner of MDM2 in well-differentiated and dedifferentiated liposarcomas whereas CDK4 belongs to a distinct inconsistent ampliconAntoine Italiano
Laboratory of Solid Tumors Genetics, Nice University Hospital, and CNRS, UMR 6543, Faculty of Medicine, Nice, France
Int J Cancer 122:2233-41. 2008..We also found a frequent amplification and overexpression of YEATS4, an oncogene that inactivates P53, suggesting that YEATS4 might play an important role together with MDM2 in WDLPS/DDLPS oncogenesis...
- Extensive cardiac lipoma with aneurysmal right ventricleYeon Song
Cardiovascular Imaging Section, Department of Cardiology, The Methodist DeBakey Heart and Vascular Center, 6550 Fannin Street, SM 677, Houston, TX 77080, USA
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 11:691-2. 2010..as 64-slice computed tomography (CT) angiogram revealed a large mass encasing the entire heart consistent with lipoma. In addition, a right ventricular free wall aneurysm was found...
- Fusion of the HMGA2 and NFIB genes in lipomaM Nilsson
Department of Clinical Genetics, University Hospital, 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Virchows Arch 447:855-8. 2005..In the present study, two cases of lipoma with rearrangements of 9p22-24 and 12q15 were analyzed by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction to find ..
- [Cryorecanalization of an endobronchial lipoma]K J Franke
Klinik Ambrock, Klinik fur Pneumologie, Allergologie und Schlafmedizin, Universitat Witten Herdecke, Hagen
Pneumologie 59:685-8. 2005In this case presentation the advantages of a new method of cryoextraction of an endobronchial lipoma are demonstrated...
- Fusion of HMGA1 to the LPP/TPRG1 intergenic region in a lipoma identified by mapping paraffin-embedded tissuesXiaoke Wang
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 196:64-7. 2010Ordinary lipoma frequently harbors rearrangement of HMGA2. LPP is the most common partner gene to HMGA2, but has not been seen fused to HMGA1. We report the fusion of HMGA1 to the intergenic region between LPP and TPRG1 in a lipoma...
- Hemorrhagic duodenal lipoma managed by endoscopic resectionSuketo Sou
Department of Gastroenterology, Shin Kokura Hospital, Kanada, Kokurakita ku, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:479-81. 2006..Based on computed tomography and fluoroscopy of the small intestine, a diagnosis of duodenal lipoma was made...
- Intussuscepted sigmoid colonic lipoma mimicking carcinomaK C Huh
Department of Internal Medicine, Konyang University College of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Dig Dis Sci 51:791-5. 2006
- Bleeding duodenal lipoma treated with endoscopic polypectomyHarish K Mohamed
Department of Gastroenterology, District Co Operative Hospital and Department of Gastroenterology, Baby Memorial Hospital, Kozhikode 673006, Kerala, India
Trop Gastroenterol 29:167-8. 2008..We report the case of a 70-year-old woman who presented with significant upper GI bleed due to a large bleeding duodenal lipoma that was successfully treated by endoscopic polypectomy.
- Extraction of a large self-amputated colonic lipoma: A case reportShafik M Sidani
Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Int J Surg 6:409-11. 2008..The minority of patients presenting with symptomatic colonic lipoma are generally treated with resection...
- Pedunculated duodenal lipoma treated with endoscopic polypectomy with a detachable snareAtsuhiko Murata
Department of Gastroenterology, Fukuoka Higashi Medical Center, Koga, Fukuoka, 811 3195, Japan
Fukuoka Igaku Zasshi 99:131-5. 2008We report endoscopic polypectomy with a detachable snare in a patient with a hemorrhagic pedunculated duodenal lipoma. A 67-year-old man with a history of spinal canal stenosis was admitted to our hospital because of recurrent tarry ..
- [Double ileo-ileal and ileo-cecocolic intussusception due to submucous lipoma: case report]A Costanzo
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche, Universita degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Italy
G Chir 28:135-8. 2007..years-old male affected by a double ileo-ileal and ileocecocolic invagination secondary to a submucosal intestinal lipoma. Because of a bowel obstruction symptomathology, the diagnosis was based on abdomen X-rays, abdominal ultrasound ..
- Bilateral knee lipoma arborescens: a case reportC H Yan
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 16:107-10. 2008..He was initially diagnosed with gouty arthritis, but later found to have lipoma arborescens. Magnetic resonance imaging demonstrated frond-like proliferations of fatty synovium...
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha Raman; Fiscal Year: 2006..Subgroup analyses will include comparison of the presence of iron symptomatic versus asymptomatic patients and women versus age-matched men. ..
- CIRCADIAN MECHANISMS REGULATING OSTEOGENESISJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..Findings from this innovative proposal have clinical implications regarding the optimal timing for daily medication regimens in bone diseases and for elective orthopedic and orthodontic procedures. ..
- Spinal Fusion Using Adipose Derived Adult Stem CellsJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2005..The availability of "off the shelf ADAS cells for clinical orthopedic procedures will have a significant commercial and therapeutic impact. ..
- USE OF ADIPOSE-DERIVED PREADIPOCYTES IN BONE DISOREDERSJeffrey Gimble; Fiscal Year: 2002..This has commercial application to orthopedic and periodontal surgical treatments of joint replacement, fracture repair, and bone resorption secondary to tooth decay...
- Iron and AtherosclerosisSubha V Raman; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research tests the theory that monthly loss of iron through menses is protective against atherosclerosis, which could lead to an entirely new approach to preventing and treating heart and vascular disease in both men and women. ..