Summary: A malignant tumor of the kidney characterized by spindled myofibroblastic cells arranged in sheets or bundles with a tendency to infiltrate into the adjoining normal kidney and through the capsule into the perirenal tissues. (From Holland et al., Cancer Medicine, 3d ed, p2208)
Publications147 found, 100 shown here
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma in mid-second trimester by sonography and magnetic resonance imagingWen Yin Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan City, Taiwan, Republic of China
Prenat Diagn 23:927-31. 2003Although congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare benign congenital renal tumor, it is the most common solid renal tumor in the newborn period...
- Mesoblastic nephroma--a report from the Gesellschaft fur Pädiatrische Onkologie und Hämatologie (GPOH)Rhoikos Furtwaengler
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Saarland University Hospital, Homburg Saar, Germany
Cancer 106:2275-83. 2006Surgery alone is the appropriate first-line treatment for patients with mesoblastic nephroma (MN). Nevertheless, there are reports of local recurrences and metastasis, especially in the cellular subtype...
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma: other magnetic resonance imaging findingsM Puvaneswary
Department of Medical Imaging, John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 43:532-4. 1999Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare renal tumour usually imaged by ultrasound and or CT. To the authors' knowledge there have been only two previous reports concerning MR imaging of CMN in the English-speaking literature...
- Imaging of congenital mesoblastic nephroma with pathological correlationGulraiz Chaudry
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Radiol 39:1080-6. 2009There are a variety of imaging findings for congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) and two main pathological variants: classic and cellular.
- Cellular mesoblastic nephroma (infantile renal fibrosarcoma): institutional review of the clinical, diagnostic imaging, and pathologic features of a distinctive neoplasm of infancyPetek Bayindir
Department of Radiology, Ege University Medical Faculty, AD Bornova, Izmir 35100, Turkey
Pediatr Radiol 39:1066-74. 2009Cellular mesoblastic nephroma has been associated with a more aggressive course than classic mesoblastic nephroma, including local recurrences and metastases.
- Mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidneyN V Adsay
Harper Hospital and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 24:958-70. 2000..Similar tumors were reported previously in the literature under various names, including adult mesoblastic nephroma. All but one of the patients were women...
- Benign mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidneyM Michal
Department of Pathology, Medical Faculty, Charles University, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Pathol Res Pract 194:445-8. 1998..Histologically, the tumor differed from the nephrogenic adenofibroma and the rare cases of adult Wilms tumors, mesoblastic nephromas and cystic nephromas...
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma associated with polyhydramnios and hypercalcemiaN Daskas
Neonatology Clinic, University Hospital of Ioannina, Moskopoleos 18, Ioannina 45333, Greece
Pediatr Nephrol 17:187-9. 2002Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) can present with atypical clinical and imaging findings...
- Detection of the ETV6-NTRK3 chimeric RNA of infantile fibrosarcoma/cellular congenital mesoblastic nephroma in paraffin-embedded tissue: application to challenging pediatric renal stromal tumorsP Argani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Mod Pathol 13:29-36. 2000..the ETV6-NTRK3 chimeric RNA characteristic of infantile fibrosarcoma and the cellular variant of congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue blocks...
- Duplication of the paternal IGF2 allele in trisomy 11 and elevated expression levels of IGF2 mRNA in congenital mesoblastic nephroma of the cellular or mixed typeNaoki Watanabe
Department of Cancer Diagnosis, Research Institute for Clinical Oncology, Saitama Cancer Center, Ina, Saitama, and Department of Pediatrics, Juntendo University, Nerima Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:929-35. 2007..a metaphase comparative genomic hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization study of 13 congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) tumors, trisomy 11 was found in seven cellular or mixed type tumors, disomy 11 with other chromosome ..
- [Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma. A case report]E Bouquinet
Service de réanimation néonatale, centre hospitalier Antoine Béclère, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart, France
Arch Pediatr 12:561-3. 2005..Antenatal ultrasounds allow the detection of renal tumors, especially renal mesoblastic nephromas, but only the pathological analysis of the surgical specimen can confirm this diagnosis postnatally...
- Adult mesoblastic nephromaL Daniel
Service d anatomie pathologique et de neuropathologie, Marseille, France
Pathol Res Pract 196:135-9. 2000We report a case of asymptomatic mesoblastic nephroma in a 54-year-old woman. The tumor showed immunohistochemical reactions similar to developing nephrons...
- Cytogenetic and molecular analysis of cellular atypical mesoblastic nephromaF Speleman
Department of Medical Genetics, University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 21:265-9. 1998..Duplication and loss of imprinting of genes at 11p15 has also been observed frequently in Wilms' tumor. We therefore propose that CMN and Wilms' tumor might share common genetic pathways...
- Mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidney lacks the genetic alterations of cellular congenital mesoblastic nephromaC R Pierson
Harper Hospital and Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Hum Pathol 32:513-20. 2001..in which epithelial structures are embedded, some have concluded that it is the adult form of congenital mesoblastic nephroma. Others have concluded that the morphology and epidemiology of mixed epithelial and stromal tumor indicate ..
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma in 2 siblingsIlka B Fuchs
Department of Obstetrics, Charite, Campus Virchow Clinic Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Ultrasound Med 22:823-7; quiz 828-9. 2003
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephromaI Goldstein
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:209-11. 2002
- The outcome of prenatally diagnosed renal tumorsMarc David Leclair
Department of Pediatric Urology, Hopital Mere Enfant, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Nantes, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Urol 173:186-9. 2005..We assessed the incidence of perinatal morbidity and evaluated the outcome in children with prenatally diagnosed renal tumors in a retrospective multicenter study...
- Clear cell sarcoma, cellular mesoblastic nephroma and metanephric adenoma: cytological features and differential diagnosis with Wilms tumourR Portugal
Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de S Joao, Al Hernani Monteiro, Porto, Portugal
Cytopathology 19:80-5. 2008..of three children renal tumours, a Clear Cell Sarcoma of the Kidney (CCSK-case1), a Cellular Mesoblastic Nephroma (CMN-case2) and a Metanephric Adenoma (MA-case3) and compare them, for differential diagnostic purposes, ..
- Ultrastructure of cellular congenital mesoblastic nephromaG W Mierau
Department of Pathology, Loma Linda University, California, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 20:417-27. 1996A detailed ultrastructural description of the cellular variant of congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is presented and compared to the classical form...
- [MRI-morphology and staging of congenital mesoblastic nephroma: evaluation of a collection with 20 patients]J P Schenk
Abt Päd Radiologie Universitätsklinik Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 153, 69120 Heidelberg
Rofo 177:1373-9. 2005To differentiate classic and cellular type of congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) in MRI and to evaluate MRI for staging according to the Societe Internationale de Oncologie Pediatrique (SIOP).
- A 27-year-old woman with an incidental renal massHouda Alatassi
Department of Pathology, University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:e185-6. 2005
- Complete response of recurrent cellular congenital mesoblastic nephroma to chemotherapyDavid M Loeb
Department of Oncology Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 24:478-81. 2002Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is usually cured by surgery. The sensitivity of this tumor to chemotherapy is unknown...
- Multifaceted dysregulation of the epidermal growth factor receptor pathway in clear cell sarcoma of the kidneySuzanne E Little
Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, United Kingdom
Clin Cancer Res 13:4360-4. 2007..We sought to evaluate these variables in pediatric renal tumors...
- Protocol for the examination of specimens from patients with Wilms tumor (nephroblastoma) or other renal tumors of childhoodStephen J Qualman
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children s Hospital, Columbus, Ohio 43205, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:1280-9. 2003
- Cryptic t(12;15)(p13;q26) producing the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene and no loss of IGF2 imprinting in congenital mesoblastic nephroma with trisomy 11: fluorescence in situ hybridization and IGF2 allelic expression analysisNaoki Watanabe
Departments of Cancer Chemotherapy and Medicine, Saitama Cancer Center Hospital, Ina, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 136:10-6. 2002..Furthermore, we showed no rearrangements of the MLL gene, which is frequently rearranged in acute leukemia with +11 in the three CMN tumors with +11...
- The vascular "ring" sign in mesoblastic nephroma: report of two casesMartine Kelner
Service de Radiologie, maternité régionale Adolphe Pinard, 54000 Nancy, France
Pediatr Radiol 33:123-8. 2003b>Mesoblastic nephroma (Bolande's tumour) is a rare renal tumour, but, overall, is the most frequent benign renal tumour in childhood and the most frequent renal tumour during the first year of life...
- Laparoscopic upper pole partial nephrectomy with concomitant en bloc adrenalectomyAnup P Ramani
Section of Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Urology 62:223-6. 2003..Although commonly performed in the setting of laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, concomitant adrenalectomy has not been described during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy...
- Cellular mesoblastic nephroma: morphologic, cytogenetic and molecular links with congenital fibrosarcomaSebastien Henno
Department of Pathology, CHRU Pontchaillou, Rennes, France
Pathol Res Pract 199:35-40. 2003Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare renal tumor of early infancy with a favorable outcome after complete surgical removal...
- Recent advances in pediatric renal neoplasiaPedram Argani
The Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 10:243-60. 2003..The cellular variant of congenital mesoblastic nephroma (but not the classic variant) has been shown to bear the same t(12;15)(p13;q25) and ETV6-NTRK3 gene fusion ..
- Case report: bilateral multilocular cystic nephromas: a rare occurrenceK S Sodhi
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, PGIMER, India
Br J Radiol 78:450-2. 2005..Although unilateral cystic nephromas are known in children; the occurrence of bilateral tumours is rare...
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma presenting with neonatal hypertensionMinesh Khashu
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s and Women s Health Centre of British Columbia and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Perinatol 25:433-5. 2005
- Expression of WT-1, Bcl-2, and CD34 by primary renal spindle cell tumors in childrenLei Shao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Children s Mercy Hospital, 2401 Gillham Road, Suite 2567, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 7:577-82. 2004..We conclude that a combination of WT-1 and Bcl-2 immunohistochemistry may aid in the distinction of stromal Wilms tumor, monophasic synovial sarcoma, cellular mesoblastic nephroma, and CCSK.
- Adult mesoblastic nephroma: appearances on magnetic resonance imagingAshley M Groves
Department of Radiology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals Trust, CB2 2QQ, UK
Magn Reson Imaging 22:1043-5. 2004b>Mesoblastic nephroma presenting in an adult is extremely unusual. The magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) appearances of this tumor in adulthood have not been widely reported...
- Cytogenetic and molecular characterization of a congenital mesoblastic nephromaC Ramachandran
Department of Pathology, Miami Children's Hospital, 3100 SW 62nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33155, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 4:402-11. 2001A newborn baby boy was diagnosed with the mixed form of congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) representing both classic and cellular histology features in the renal tumor...
- [Prenatal detection of congenital mezoblastic nephroma]I Musilova
Porodnická a gynekologická klinika FN a LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Ceska Gynekol 71:118-21. 2006..Case report...
- The prenatal scan pitfall for the diagnosis of renal mass: case reportRon Maymon
Prenat Diagn 24:932-4. 2004
- An association of pleuropulmonary blastoma and cystic nephroma: possible genetic associationDorothée Bouron-Dal Soglio
Department of Pathology, Hopital Sainte Justine, 3175 Chemin de la Côte Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec H3T 1C5, Canada
Pediatr Dev Pathol 9:61-4. 2006..The pleuropulmonary mass showed an important regression with postbiopsy chemotherapy, allowing subsequent tumorectomy. To date very little is known about this rare entity, and a genetic link between these 2 tumors is hypothesized...
- [Radiologic differentiation of rhabdoid tumor from Wilms' tumor and mesoblastic nephroma]J P Schenk
Abteilung Pädiatrische Radiologie, Universitatsklinik, Heidelberg
Urologe A 44:155-61. 2005Differentiation between rhabdoid tumor (RT) and mesoblastic nephroma (MN) and Wilms' tumor (WT) by imaging studies in babies and young children before histological confirmation is useful to start optimal treatment early...
- Atypical congenital mesoblastic nephroma presenting in the perinatal periodVinci S Jones
Department of Paediatric Surgery, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Corner Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, Sydney, 2145 NSW, Australia
Pediatr Surg Int 23:205-9. 2007Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare tumour of infancy having an overall good prognosis. The less common, atypical CMNs have cellular elements in them and tend to have an unpredictable course...
- Prenatal detection of mesoblastic nephroma by sonography and magnetic resonance imagingH S Won
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:197-9. 2002Congenital mesoblastic nephroma is the most common neonatal kidney tumor and surgical excision is almost always curative. We report the prenatal detection of congenital mesoblastic nephroma by sonography and magnetic resonance imaging...
- Classification of malignant pediatric renal tumors by gene expressionChiang Ching Huang
Department of Preventive Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University s Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 46:728-38. 2006..malignant renal tumors of childhood are Wilms tumor (WT), clear cell sarcoma of the kidney (CCSK), cellular mesoblastic nephroma (CMN), and rhabdoid tumor of the kidney (RTK)...
- A case of fetal congenital mesoblastic nephroma with oligohydramniosCheol Hong Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chonnam National University, College of Medicine, 8 Hak Dong, Dong Gu, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:357-61. 2007Although congenital renal tumors are rare, congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is the most common renal tumor in early infancy. It is non-metastatic, well differentiated, amenable to surgical removal, and carries a good prognosis...
- Adult mesoblastic nephroma: a case with fatal recurrenceMohammad Kazam Moslemi
Department of Urology, Kamkar Hospital, Qom University of Medical Sciences, Qom, Iran
Urol J 5:136-7. 2008
- Renal transplacental carcinogenicity of 3,3-dimethyl-1-phenyltriazene in rats: relationship of renal mesenchymal tumor to congenital mesoblastic nephroma and intralobar nephrogenic restsA A Frank
College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331 4802
Toxicol Pathol 20:313-22. 1992..induced renal neoplasms, which provide lesions with similarities to both intralobar nephrogenic rests and congenital mesoblastic nephroma of humans. Why the kidney is a carcinogenic target and not a teratogenic target remains unknown.
- Renal cystic diseases: a reviewMichele Bisceglia
Division of Anatomic Pathology, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, I 71013 San Giovanni Rotondo FG, Italy
Adv Anat Pathol 13:26-56. 2006..in tuberous sclerosis, and in von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, cystic nephroma, cystic variant of congenital mesoblastic nephroma, mixed epithelial stromal tumor of the kidney, renal lymphangioma, pyelocalyceal cyst, peripylic cyst and ..
- Usefulness of immunohistochemistry in delineating renal spindle cell tumours. A retrospective study of 31 casesJ Wang
Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Histopathology 44:462-71. 2004..To assess the usefulness of immunohistochemistry in delineating tumour diagnoses on a series of morphologically diagnosed renal spindle cell tumours (RSCTs)...
- Diagnostic utility of nestin expression in pediatric tumors in the region of the kidneyAmanda J Murphy
Division of Pathology, Department of Pediatric Laboratory Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 17:517-23. 2009..Wilms tumor (n=24), nephroblastomatosis (n=6), renal cell carcinoma (n=19), renal clear cell sarcoma (n=9), mesoblastic nephroma (n=9), neuroblastoma (n=11), malignant rhabdoid tumor (n=8 including 2 renal), Ewing sarcoma (n=16 ..
- Immunohistochemical analysis of hSNF5/INI1 distinguishes renal and extra-renal malignant rhabdoid tumors from other pediatric soft tissue tumorsAndrew C Hoot
Department of Pathology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1485-91. 2004..included Ewing's sarcoma, Wilms' tumor, desmoplastic small round cell tumor, clear cell sarcoma, congenital mesoblastic nephroma, synovial sarcoma, undifferentiated sarcoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, and epithelioid sarcoma...
- Identification of RPE65 in transformed kidney cellsJ X Ma
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
FEBS Lett 452:199-204. 1999..the RPE65 mRNA was detected in three out of four renal tumor cultures analyzed including congenital mesoblastic nephroma and clear cell sarcoma of the kidney...
- Secretory breast carcinomas with ETV6-NTRK3 fusion gene belong to the basal-like carcinoma spectrumMarick Lae
Service de Pathologie, Section Médicale, Institut Curie, Paris Cedex, France
Mod Pathol 22:291-8. 2009..that creates an ETV6-NTRK3 gene fusion encoding chimeric tyrosine kinase also encountered in cellular mesoblastic nephroma and infantile fibrosarcoma...
- Cancer in infants: a review of 82 casesChao Ping Yang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Chang Gung Children s Hospital at Linkou, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 22:463-81. 2005..6%), brain tumor in 9 (11.0%), germ cell tumor in 8 (9.8%), renal cancer in 8 (Wilms tumor 3, mesoblastic nephroma 1, renal sarcoma 1, rhabdoid tumor 3), hepatoblastoma in 5 (6...
- Paediatric renal tumours: recent developments, new entities and pathological featuresNeil J Sebire
Department of Histopathology, Great Ormond Street Hospital Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Histopathology 54:516-28. 2009..tumour (nephroblastoma), a number of specific distinct entities are now reported, including (congenital) mesoblastic nephroma, clear cell sarcoma of the kidney, rhabdoid tumour of the kidney, specific paediatric variants of renal ..
- Good prognosis of cellular mesoblastic nephroma with hyperdiploidy and relaxation of imprinting of the maternal IGF2 geneD M Becroft
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatr Pathol Lab Med 15:679-88. 1995A large congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) of combined classical and and cellular histological structure was removed from a 1-month-old female infant. The tumor extended extrarenally and may have been incompletely excised...
- [Surgical treatment of congenital mesoblastic nephroma]R Tejedor Sánchez
Sección de Urología Infantil, Servicio de Cirugia Pediatrica, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid
Cir Pediatr 22:201-4. 2009Renal tumors are rare in infants less than 6 months of age, being congenital mesoblastic nephroma the most frecuent in this age group. We reported 4 cases treated in our hospital in the last years.
- [Renal tumors in children. A single center study of 31 cases]A Collins
Universite de Liege
Rev Med Liege 64:552-9. 2009..Moreover, a mesoblastic nephroma congenital kidney tumour--appeared in a 10 month old girl...
- Renal capsule-parathymic lymph node complex: a new in vivo metastatic model in ratsGyorgy Trencsenyi
Department of Microbial Biotechnology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Anticancer Res 29:2121-6. 2009..The ultimate cause of cancer death is, in most cases, the appearance of metastases. The aim of the present study was to contribute to animal experimental investigations of metastatic tumor development...
- [Cancer in children with celiac disease. Gluten-sensitive enteropathy in a boy operated for Wilms tumour]Kamil K Hozyasz
Klinika Pediatrii, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, 01 211Warszawa, ul Kasprzaka 17a, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 6:227-32. 2002..As a neonate the boy had been successfully operated for congenital mesoblastic nephroma. Gluten was introduced in his diet at age of 12 months...
- Factors affecting outcomes of prenatally-diagnosed tumoursK L Chan
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Prenat Diagn 22:437-43. 2002..The outcomes of prenatally-diagnosed tumours affect obstetrical management and parental decisions. The present study reviews the factors affecting outcomes for fetuses with prenatally-diagnosed tumours...
- Mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidney or adult mesoblastic nephroma: an updateMohammad Kazem Moslemi
Department of Urology, Kamkar Hospital, Qom University of Medical Sciences, Qom, Iran
Urol J 7:141-7. 2010..Our aim was to review the spectrum of usual and unusual clinical and morphologic findings observed in mixed epithelial and stromal tumor of the kidney (MEST)...
- Renal cancer: cytogenetic and molecular genetic aspectsAurelia M Meloni-Ehrig
University of Utah, School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Med Genet 115:164-72. 2002..carcinoma, metanephric adenoma, collecting duct carcinoma, transitional cell carcinoma, congenital mesoblastic nephroma, and malignant rhabdoid tumors of the kidney...
- Hypertension in a cohort of African children with renal tumoursG P Hadley
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of KwaZulu Natal, Congella, Private Bag 7, 4013 Durban, South Africa
Pediatr Surg Int 22:219-23. 2006..Patients with mesoblastic nephroma were managed by primary surgery...
- Malignant solid tumours in neonates: an African perspectiveG P Hadley
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
Pediatr Surg Int 18:653-7. 2002..Stage IVs disease had only 50% early survival. Patients with renal tumours, whether nephroblastoma or mesoblastic nephroma, did well...
- Leiomyoma of the kidneyS Di Palma
Division of Anatomic Pathology and Cytology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milano, Italia
Tumori 74:489-93. 1988..Histologic differential diagnosis is with other spindle cell renal tumors such as leiomyosarcoma, mesoblastic nephroma, angiomyolipoma, fibroma, schwannoma and sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma.
- ETV6 rearrangements in patients with infantile fibrosarcomas and congenital mesoblastic nephromas by fluorescence in situ hybridizationC Adem
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Mod Pathol 14:1246-51. 2001Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) and infantile fibrosarcoma (IFS) are two pediatric tumors arising in the kidneys and soft tissues of infants, respectively...
- PRCC-TFE3 renal cell carcinoma in a boy with a history of contralateral mesoblastic nephromaAli Mirza Onder
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Nephrology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:1471-5. 2006..We report here a 9-year old African-American boy with a history of a right congenital mesoblastic nephroma treated with nephrectomy and followed by annual checkups...
- Congenital mesoblastic nephroma rich from mitosis after in vitro fertilization: a case reportMurat Yigiter
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, 06490 Bahcelievler, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 43:E27-9. 2008..Congenital mesoblastic nephroma is the most common renal tumor of infancy younger than 6 months associated with an overall good prognosis...
- Cytodiagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma: a case reportMedha Pradeep Kulkarni
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College, Miraj, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 41:234-8. 2013b>Mesoblastic nephroma (MN) is the most common renal tumor diagnosed in infancy. A case of congenital MN was diagnosed in a 6-month old child by fine-needle aspiration cytology...
- [Renal tumors of childhood and adolescence associated with chromosomal anomalies]M M Cajaiba
Program of Pediatric and Developmental Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven 06520 8023, USA
Actas Urol Esp 31:966-77. 2007..Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (NMC) is a renal tumor affecting newborns and young infants...
- Characteristics and survival of 750 children diagnosed with a renal tumor in the first seven months of life: A collaborative study by the SIOP/GPOH/SFOP, NWTSG, and UKCCSG Wilms tumor study groupsMarry M van den Heuvel-Eibrink
Department of Pediatric Oncology Hematology Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:1130-4. 2008..To review the clinical characteristics and survival of infants diagnosed with a primary renal tumor in the first 7 months of life...
- Prenatal sonographic diagnosis of multicystic congenital mesoblastic nephromaAytul Corbacioglu Esmer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
J Clin Ultrasound 41:59-61. 2013The authors report an unusual presentation of congenital mesoblastic nephroma as a multilocular cystic renal lesion. Prenatal sonography revealed a unilateral, encapsulated, multilocular cystic mass with solid components measuring 5...
- Fine needle biopsy and genetics, two allied weapons in the diagnosis, prognosis, and target therapeutics of solid pediatric tumorsHelena Barroca
Servico de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de S Joao, Al Hernani Monteiro, 4200 468 Porto, Portugal
Diagn Cytopathol 36:678-84. 2008..no genetic abnormalities have been identified so far in nephroblastoma, other kidney tumors, such as mesoblastic nephroma, whose cytology pattern can masquerade nephroblastoma, are also characterized by specific translocations...
- Role of parathymic lymph nodes in metastatic tumor developmentGaspar Banfalvi
Department of Microbial Biotechnology and Cell Biology, University of Debrecen, Debrecen, Hungary
Cancer Metastasis Rev 31:89-97. 2012..Epithelial liver carcinoma (HeDe) and mesenchymal mesoblastic nephroma (NeDe) cell lines have been established after inducing chemical carcinogenesis in newborn Fisher 344 inbred ..
- Neonatal renal tumoursMark Powis
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Leeds, LS1 3EX, United Kingdom
Early Hum Dev 86:607-12. 2010..b>Mesoblastic nephroma is the most common tumour to be found at this age, but Wilms' tumour and other malignant and benign tumours ..
- [Renal tumours of childhood: the last 100 years and where to from here]Gordan M Vujanic
Department of Histopathology, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Heath Park Cardiff, Great Britain
Srp Arh Celok Lek 136:142-51. 2008..helped us recognising that some renal tumours are identical to tumours of other sites (such as cellular mesoblastic nephroma and infantile fibrosarcoma of soft tissue, renal and extra-renal rhabdoid tumour), as well as that some ..
- [Kidney tumor in 12-year-old girl--case study of the rare histopatologic form of neoplasm in children]Alina Goszczyk
Wojskowy Instytut Medyczny w Warszawie, Klinika Pediatrii, Nefrologii i Alergologii Dzieciecej
Pol Merkur Lekarski 24:10-1. 2008..There are only few cases of this tumor in premenarcheal girls described in literature...
- Unusual morphology in mesoblastic nephromaRanjana Bandyopadhyay
Department of Pathology, Medical College, Kolkata, India
Pediatr Surg Int 25:109-12. 2009Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare paediatric renal neoplasm. It is a diagnostic challenge to the pathologists due to its close differentials having ominous prognosis...
- [Congenital mesoblastic nephroma: a clinicopathologic study of five cases]Zdzisław Michał Woźniak
Katedra i Zakład Anatomii Patologicznej, Akademia Medyczna, ul Marcinkowskiego 1, 50 368 Wrocław, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 10:677-86. 2006Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) accounts for approximately 5% of paediatric renal tumours with the highest peak of incidence during the first 3 postnatal months. CMN almost always has a favourable prognosis...
- [A case of mesoblastic nephroma in adulthood]Kensaku Seike
The Department of Urology, Tyuno Kousei Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:863-5. 2006We report a rare adult case of mesoblastic nephroma. A right renal mass was detected in a 51-year-old woman by ultrasonography...
- Incidence of benign pathologic findings at partial nephrectomy for solitary renal mass presumed to be renal cell carcinoma on preoperative imagingAlexander Kutikov
Department of Surgery, Division of Urology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Urology 68:737-40. 2006..To determine the incidence of benign pathologic findings at partial nephrectomy for a solitary renal lesion when preoperative imaging is reviewed by an experienced team of academic genitourinary radiologists...
- DNA methylation profile distinguishes clear cell sarcoma of the kidney from other pediatric renal tumorsHitomi Ueno
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Research, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e62233. 2013..occur in the pediatric kidney, including Wilms' tumor, clear cell sarcoma of the kidney (CCSK), congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN), rhabdoid tumor of the kidney (RTK), and the Ewing's sarcoma family of tumors (ESFT)...
- [Mixed epithelial and stromal tumor growing with polypoid pattern in the renal pelvis]Toshinari Yamasaki
Department of Urology, Himeji National Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 50:49-52. 2004..Similar tumors have been reported previously under various names, including adult mesoblastic nephroma and cystic hamartoma of the renal pelvis. Histogenesis of the tumor is still controversial.
- Prenatal diagnosis of congenital mesoblastic nephroma associated with renal hypertension in a premature childStefan Siemer
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Int J Urol 11:50-2. 2004In the present article, we report, for the first time, a prenatal diagnosis of a congenital mesoblastic nephroma in combination with a post-partum hyperreninemia with hypertension...
- Pathologic quiz case: a renal tumor in a newborn childErnest Wu
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colo, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:103-4. 2002
- Mesoblastic nephroma of infancyJyotsna Sen
Department of Radiology, Pt B D Sharma Postgradute Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, India
Indian J Pediatr 71:169-70. 2004This report presents features of mesoblastic nephroma, a rare benign tumor of kidney observed in perinatal period of life and highlights the role of imaging investigations in the proper management of this tumor...
- Renal tumors in infants less than 6 months of ageRichard D Glick
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Texas Children s Hospital, Houston, TX 77030 2399, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:522-5. 2004..Renal tumors are rare in infants less than 6 months of age and may have associated paraneoplastic symptoms. To better define the characteristics of these tumors the authors reviewed their 10-year institutional experience...
- Non-resectable congenital tumors with the ETV6-NTRK3 gene fusion are highly responsive to chemotherapyEmma McCahon
Oncology Department, The Children s Hospital Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Med Pediatr Oncol 40:288-92. 2003Recently, the ETV6-NTRK3 gene fusion has been identified in both infantile fibrosarcoma and cellular mesoblastic nephroma. For both these tumors standard curative treatment has been primarily surgical with wide local excision...
- Nephrogenic adenofibroma in a young childE Guzman
Laboratoire d Anatomie Pathologique, H spital Pasteur, CHU Nice, France
Pathol Res Pract 196:853-6. 2000..Nephrogenic adenofibroma is an unusual tumor, which was difficult to distinguish from nephroblastoma and mesoblastic nephroma. Beckwith makes a distinction between this principal differential diagnosis in child renal tumors based ..
- Metanephric stromal tumor: report of 31 cases of a distinctive pediatric renal neoplasmP Argani
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 24:917-26. 2000..Recognition of this entity can spare a child potentially toxic adjuvant chemotherapy that might be used for lesions in its differential diagnosis, specifically clear cell sarcoma of the kidney...
- ETV6-NTRK3 transformation requires insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor signaling and is associated with constitutive IRS-1 tyrosine phosphorylationKevin B Morrison
Department of Pathology, BC Research Institute for Children s and Women s Health, and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4H4, Canada
Oncogene 21:5684-95. 2002Congenital fibrosarcoma (CFS) and cellular mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) are pediatric spindle cell malignancies that share two specific cytogenetic abnormalities: trisomy of chromosome 11 and a t(12;15)(p13;q25) translocation...
- [Mesoblastic nephroma in the adult: report of a new case]A Tejido Sánchez
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 54:265-8. 2001A case of adult mesoblastic nephroma is presented. The clinical features, treatment, histological diagnosis and outcome are discussed.
- Pamidronate therapy for hypercalcemia and congenital mesoblastic nephroma: a case reportFahimeh Soheilipour
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Cases J 2:9315. 2009..We report an infant with severe hypercalcemia due to congenital mesoblastic nephroma. Hypercalcemia was corrected before nephrectomy by pamidronate...
- Multicystic congenital mesoblastic nephromaRicardo Drut
Servicio de Patologia, Hospital de Ninos Superiora Sor Maria Ludovica, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Int J Surg Pathol 10:59-63. 2002This report describes an unusual example of congenital mesoblastic nephroma cellular variant that presented in a 1-week-old neonate as a multicystic tumor of the kidney...
- Pretreatment, ultrasound-guided cutting needle biopsies in childhood renal tumorsE G Sköldenberg
Department of Pediatric Surgery, University Children s Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Med Pediatr Oncol 32:283-8. 1999..The aims of this retrospective study were to evaluate the safety, sensitivity, and specificity of ultrasound-guided cutting needle biopsies (UCNB) performed at our institution in pediatric patients with renal tumors...
- Genetics of pediatric renal tumorsBrigitte Royer-Pokora
Institute for Human Genetics and Anthropology, Medical Faculty, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Pediatr Nephrol 28:13-23. 2013..rhabdoid tumor of the kidney, clear-cell sarcoma, desmoplastic small-round-cell tumors, congenital mesoblastic nephroma, renal cell carcinoma of childhood, renal primitive neuroectodermal tumors, renal medullary carcinoma, and ..
- A 23-year experience with malignant renal tumors in infancy and childhoodR B Tröbs
Klinik und Poliklinik für Kinderchirurgie, Universitat Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pediatr Surg 11:92-8. 2001..Low-risk tumors occurred in 5 of 63 children (8%; mesoblastic nephroma 3, cystic partially diff. NB 1, completely necrotic NB 1)...
- Cellular mesoblastic nephroma with liver metastasis in a neonate: prenatal and postnatal diffusion-weighted MR imagingSeok Min Ko
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiological Science, Severance Children s Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Korean J Radiol 14:361-5. 2013Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is the most common renal tumor in the first year of life. Here, we present unique findings of cellular variant CMN seen on prenatal and postnatal MRI with diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI)...
- Mediators of receptor tyrosine kinase activation in infantile fibrosarcoma: a Children's Oncology Group studySamantha Gadd
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL, USA
J Pathol 228:119-30. 2012Infantile fibrosarcoma (IFS; also known as cellular congenital mesoblastic nephroma, CMN, when in the kidney) is a rare, undifferentiated tumour often characterized by the ETV6-NTRK3 fusion transcript...
- Clear cell sarcoma of the kidney misdiagnosed as mesoblastic nephroma: a case report and review of the literatureSamin Alavi
Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Ecancermedicalscience 7:311. 2013..for which radical nephrectomy had been performed, and histopathologic diagnosis was compatible with mesoblastic nephroma. Thus, no further investigation and therapy had been applied for the patient...
- Antenatal hydroureteronephrosis presenting as an apparent solid renal massC D Anthony Herndon
Department of Urology, Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Urology 62:144. 2003..A right ectopic ureter with an apparent cystic upper pole was eventually confirmed at 5 months of age. The definitive diagnosis in this case eluded an initial exhaustive neonatal radiologic and surgical evaluation...
- [Management of antenatal fetal abdominal tumors. Clues for the diagnosis of a congenital mesoblastic nephroma]C Boithias
Service de pédiatrie et réanimation néonatale, Hopital Antoine Beclere, 92141 Clamart Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 38:277-85. 2009..Renal tumors are rarer than neuroblastoma but they are most often congenital mesoblastic nephroma. The congenital mesoblastic nephroma has a good forecast in spite of a sonographic impressive aspect...
- Intrarenal solitary fibrous tumor of the kidney report of a case with emphasis on the differential diagnosis in the wide spectrum of monomorphous spindle cell tumors of the kidneyGaetano Magro
Institute of Anatomic Pathology, University of Catania, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 198:37-43. 2002..muscle component, benign peripheral nerve sheath tumors, renal mixed epithelial/stromal tumors, adult type mesoblastic nephroma, fibrous type monophasic synovial sarcoma, malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors, fibrosarcoma, and low-..