Genomes and Genes
Summary: A mixed adenocarcinoma and squamous cell or epidermoid carcinoma.
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- [Antitumor effects and clinical problems of transcatheter intraarterial infusion for uterine cervical cancer]Kazuhisa Fujiwara
Dept of Radiology, National Hospital Organization Kyoto Medical Center
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 33:1236-40. 2006..6%, and 70.6%, respectively. There were no grade 4 acute toxicities. As a late complication, ileus occurred in 8.2%. TAI may improve the prognosis of patients who underwent a radical operation after TAI...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas associated with humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy (HHM)Noritoshi Kobayashi
Department of Gastroenterology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:531-5. 2008We report a rare case of adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas associated with humoral hypercalcemia of malignancy (HHM) in which parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTH-rP) was identified as the causative factor of hypercalcemia...
- Quality of life and sexual functioning in cervical cancer survivorsMichael Frumovitz
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, 1155 Herman Pressler, CPB6 3244, Unit 1362, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:7428-36. 2005..To compare quality of life and sexual functioning in cervical cancer survivors treated with either radical hysterectomy and lymph node dissection or radiotherapy...
- Mutations of epidermal growth factor receptor and K-ras genes in adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungShinichi Toyooka
Int J Cancer 118:1588-90. 2006
- Identical epidermal growth factor receptor mutations in adenocarcinomatous and squamous cell carcinomatous components of adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungShin Myung Kang
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Cancer 109:581-7. 2007b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung is composed of adenocarcinomatous and squamous cell carcinomatous components...
- Clonal analysis of adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungS Niho
Division of Thoracic Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba
Jpn J Cancer Res 90:1244-7. 1999b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung is a subset of pulmonary carcinomas, and comprises less than 4% of lung carcinomas. Its histogenesis remains unclear...
- Mutation of epidermal growth factor receptor gene in adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungHidefumi Sasaki
Lung Cancer 55:129-30. 2007..However, smoking and gender status could affect the occurrence of EGFR mutation. There was no difference in EGFR mutation status if analysis was performed in never smoker female subgroup...
- Changing rates of adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma of the cervix in EnglandP Sasieni
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Epidemiology, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, 61 Lincoln s Inn Fields, WC2A 3PX, London, UK
Lancet 357:1490-3. 2001..We have used additional data on cancers diagnosed in 1993-94 in England and up to 1997 in five English cancer registries to investigate more recent trends...
- How does adenosquamous carcinoma arise in the small intestine?Tadahisa Teramoto
J Gastroenterol 38:810-1. 2003
- Adenosquamous carcinoma versus adenocarcinoma in early-stage cervical cancer patients undergoing radical hysterectomy: an outcomes analysisRicardo dos Reis
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Gynecologic Oncology Service, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Ramiro Barcelos 2350, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Gynecol Oncol 107:458-63. 2007To evaluate whether histology (adenocarcinoma versus adenosquamous carcinoma) is an independent prognostic indicator in patients with stage IB1 cervical cancer after radical hysterectomy.
- Low-grade adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast--A case report with a BRCA1 germline mutationJean Christophe Noel
Department of Senology and Gynecopathology, Erasmus University Hospital, Free University of Brussels ULB, Route de Lennik 808 CP610 B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Pathol Res Pract 206:511-3. 2010..Low-grade adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast is a rare variant of metaplastic carcinoma...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the mouth: a rare variant of squamous cell carcinomaC Scully
Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University of London, UK
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 28:125-8. 1999b>Adenosquamous carcinoma is a rare tumour in the oral cavity and is characterised histologically by carcinomatous change in surface epithelium, in association with adenocarcinoma affecting the ducts of minor salivary glands...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the gallbladderMotoi Kondo
Department of Surgery and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1230-4. 2002b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the gallbladder is relatively rare. Its biological behavior and optimal surgical procedure are still controversial.
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor-producing pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma showing aggressive clinical courseSatoru Joshita
Department of Internal Medicine, Matsumoto Medical Center
Intern Med 48:687-91. 2009..Specimens taken at necropsy revealed an adenosquamous carcinoma positive for G-CSF by immunohistochemistry; it was only the second reported case to date...
- Colliding primary lung cancers of adenosquamous carcinoma and large cell neuroendocrine carcinomaTakuya Yazawa
Department of Pathology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Pathol Int 53:58-65. 2003..rare case of primary lung cancer showing various histological elements diagnosed as the collision of an adenosquamous carcinoma and a large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma by loss of heterozygosity (LOH) analysis of the human androgen ..
- Resected pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma: clinicopathologic review and evaluation of adjuvant chemotherapy and radiation in 38 patientsK Ranh Voong
Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21231 6681, USA
Hum Pathol 41:113-22. 2010Pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma is a rare morphological variant of pancreatic adenocarcinoma with an especially poor prognosis...
- FNAC guided by computed tomography in the diagnosis of primary pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma. A report of three casesM D Lozano
Department of Pathology, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Acta Cytol 42:1451-4. 1998Pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma (ASqC) is an unusual histologic subtype of nonendocrine neoplasia of the pancreas...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: cytologic features in 14 casesAliyah Rahemtullah
The James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories and Cytopathology Laboratory at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Cancer 99:372-8. 2003b>Adenosquamous carcinoma (ASCa) is a rare subtype of ductal adenocarcinoma of the pancreas with what to the authors' knowledge are limited cytologic descriptions...
- Primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the colon: report of five casesYingchun Dong
Department of Anesthesiology, Medical School of Nanjing University, Nanjing Stomatology Hospital, Nanjing, PR China
Surg Today 39:619-23. 2009..P16 overexpression was not related to HPV carcinogenesis and there might be another mechanism of P16 upregulation in Ad-SCC of the colon...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the sigmoid colon: report of a caseT Nozoe
Department of Surgery, Oita National Hospital, Japan
Surg Today 31:830-2. 2001A case of adenosquamous carcinoma of the sigmoid colon is presented herein. An 85-year-old woman without any symptoms was admitted to our hospital to undergo detailed examinations of the colon and rectum...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the extrahepatic biliary tract: clinicopathological analysis of Japanese cases of this uncommon diseaseTakehiro Okabayashi
Department of Surgery, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu Okocho, Nankoku, 783 8505, Japan
J Gastroenterol 40:192-9. 2005We analyzed the clinicopathologic variables and postoperative outcomes in patients with extrahepatic adenosquamous carcinoma to identify important factors for predicting postresection prognosis.
- Adenosquamous carcinoma arising within a retrorectal tailgut cyst: report of a caseZoran Krivokapic
FRCS, First Surgical Clinic, Koste Todorovica 6, Belgrade 11000, Serbia and Montenegro
World J Gastroenterol 11:6225-7. 2005..We report a patient with adenosquamous carcinoma arising within RCH, who underwent complete resection of the cyst through anterior laparotomy, and reached ..
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreasG V Aranha
Department of Surgery, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
Int J Pancreatol 26:85-91. 1999b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas most probably represents squamous metaplasia of an adenocarcinoma. Metastases are typically an admixture of both elements, but more frequently, adenocarcinoma.
- Cervical adenosquamous carcinoma: tumor implantation in an episiotomy scarGudrun Neumann
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Herning Hospital, Herning, Denmark
Obstet Gynecol 110:467-9. 2007We report a rare case of a cervical adenosquamous carcinoma, initially diagnosed during delivery, with subsequent implantation in the episiotomy scar 5 weeks postpartum.
- Adenoid basal carcinoma of the uterine cervix: report of two cases with reference to adenosquamous carcinomaNorihiro Teramoto
Department of Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization Shikoku Cancer Center, Matsuyama, Japan
Pathol Int 55:445-52. 2005..This cytokeratin pattern might provide a good tool for distinguishing between ABC and an ABC-like lesion of ASC when the histological findings are equivocal...
- Pancreatobiliary adenosquamous carcinoma (report of two cases)E Yavuz
Department of Pathology, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul, Turkey
Pathologica 92:323-6. 2000..We present two cases of pancreatic and periampullary adenosquamous carcinoma with clinicopathologic, histo- and immunohistochemical findings...
- Duodenal-content reflux esophagitis induces the development of glandular metaplasia and adenosquamous carcinoma in ratsM Pera
Service of Gastrointestinal Surgery, IMD, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona Medical School, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Carcinogenesis 21:1587-91. 2000..The histopathological spectrum of these carcinomas includes squamous-cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma. Pure adenocarcinomas are thought to arise in areas of columnar metaplasia adjacent to the anastomosis, ..
- Clinicopathologic features and outcomes following surgery for pancreatic adenosquamous carcinomaJun Te Hsu
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
World J Surg Oncol 6:95. 2008Pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma (ASC) is a rare pancreatic malignancy subtype. We investigated the clinicopathological features and outcome of pancreatic ASC patients after surgery.
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: preoperative diagnosis and molecular alterationsYoshiaki Murakami
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, 734 8551 Hiroshima, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:1171-5. 2003b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas is a rare tumor which has a less favorable prognosis than common ductal cell carcinoma of the pancreas, and a definite preoperative diagnosis of this tumor is quite difficult...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas with clear cell and rhabdoid components. A case reportMina Jamali
Department of Pathology, University Health Network Toronto Medical Laboratories, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
JOP 8:330-4. 2007In as much as no such variant of this pancreatic tumour has been previously reported in the literature, we report an unusual case of an adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas characterized by clear cells and rhabdoid cells.
- Outcomes of aggressive treatment of stage IV gallbladder cancer and predictors of survivalT Todoroki
Department of Surgery, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 46:2114-21. 1999..The aim of this study was to evaluate predictors of survival following aggressive resection surgery for stage IV gallbladder carcinoma...
- Complete response of a pancreatic adenosquamous carcinoma to chemoradiotherapyKotaro Shibagaki
Department of Gastroenterology, Yodogawa Christian Hospital, Osaka, 533 0032, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 13:74-7. 2008A 51-year-old woman with an unresectable pancreatic tumor that was histologically diagnosed as an adenosquamous carcinoma underwent chemoradiotherapy with 5-fluourouracil (FU) and low-dose cisplatin (low-dose FP)...
- Pathologic response and toxicity assessment of chemoradiotherapy with cisplatin versus cisplatin plus gemcitabine in cervical cancer: a randomized Phase II studyAlfonso Duenas-Gonzalez
Unidad de Investigación Biomédica en Cáncer, Instituto Nacional de Cancerología Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, San Fernando No 22, Tlalpan 14080, Mexico City, Mexico
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:817-23. 2005..The main endpoints were the pathologic response rate and toxicity...
- Radiation therapy with or without weekly cisplatin for bulky stage 1B cervical carcinoma: follow-up of a Gynecologic Oncology Group trialFrederick B Stehman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:503.e1-6. 2007....
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the head and neck: criteria for diagnosis in a study of 12 casesL Alos
Department of Pathology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Histopathology 44:570-9. 2004b>Adenosquamous carcinoma (ASC) of the head and neck is an unusual neoplasm in which a general consensus with regard to diagnostic criteria has not yet been reached...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: successful treatment with extended radical surgery, intraoperative radiation therapy, and locoregional chemotherapyH Yamaue
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Pancreatol 29:53-8. 2001b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas is a rare tumor with an extremely poor survival rate. No obvious evidence that multidisciplinary treatments improves the prognosis and survival has been reported.
- Education of imaging. Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreasB Zhang
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 23:820. 2008
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: a single-institution experience comparing resection and palliative careRory L Smoot
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:368-70. 2008b>Adenosquamous carcinoma is a rare malignancy of the exocrine pancreas. Previous literature has reported dismal survival for these patients...
- Port-site metastasis following laparoscopic lymphadenectomy for adenosquamous carcinoma of the cervixG Lane
Department of Gynaecological Oncology, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Gynecol Oncol 74:130-3. 1999..which occurred at a port site following laparoscopic removal of lymph nodes affected by cervical adenosquamous carcinoma. This report adds to the literature suggesting that cutaneous tumor deposition may be enhanced by this ..
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreasJun Te Hsu
Department of General Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Digestion 72:104-8. 2005b>Adenosquamous carcinoma (ASC) of the pancreas is rare and correct preoperative diagnosis is difficult. Case reports of ASC of the pancreas are sporadic and have typically employed small series...
- Preoperative and intraoperative diagnosis of low-grade adenosquamous carcinoma of the breast: potential diagnostic pitfallsB C S Ho
Department of Pathology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Histopathology 49:603-11. 2006Low-grade adenosquamous carcinoma (LGAC), a rare variant of metaplastic breast cancer, may mimic benign or other low-grade malignant lesions histologically...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas harbors KRAS2, DPC4 and TP53 molecular alterations similar to pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaJonathan R Brody
Department of Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mod Pathol 22:651-9. 2009b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas is one of the most aggressive forms of pancreatic cancer. Molecular characterizations of this rare tumor subtype are sparse...
- Prediction of radiotherapy outcome using dynamic contrast enhanced MRI of carcinoma of the cervixJuliette A Loncaster
Academic Department of Radiation Oncology, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 54:759-67. 2002..To evaluate the prognostic value of gadolinium enhancement data for radiotherapy outcome, and to study the efficacy of combined enhancement and MRI volume data...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the prostateY W Kim
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 40:396-9. 1999An unusual adenosquamous carcinoma originating in the prostate of a 73-year-old man is described. The histological finding showed a well differentiated squamous cell carcinoma admixed in an adenocarcinomatous area...
- Prostatic adenosquamous carcinoma metastasizing to testisDilek Ertoy Baydar
Department of Pathology, Hacettepe University Hospital, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
ScientificWorldJournal 6:2491-4. 2006b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the prostate is an unusual tumor with poor prognosis. Most arise after hormonal or radiotherapy of conventional prostatic adenocarcinoma. Sarcomatous transformation in them has been reported in only a few cases...
- Prevalence, viral load, and physical status of HPV 16 and 18 in cervical adenosquamous carcinomaTomomi Yoshida
School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Gunma University, 3 39 15 Showa Machi, Maebashi Gunma, 371 8511, Japan
Virchows Arch 455:253-9. 2009b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix is a rare mixture of malignant squamous and glandular epithelial elements and accounts for approximately 10% of cervical carcinomas...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas with an acantholytic pattern together with osteoclast-like and pleomorphic giant cellsS Alwaheeb
Department of Pathology, University Health Network Toronto Medical Laboratories, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Pathol 58:987-90. 2005..Histological evaluation of the pancreatic tumour showed an adenosquamous carcinoma (predominantly composed of squamous carcinoma), which was extensively infiltrative with perineural ..
- Adenosquamous histology predicts a poor outcome for patients with advanced-stage, but not early-stage, cervical carcinomaJohn H Farley
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96859 5000, USA
Cancer 97:2196-202. 2003The objective of this study was to compare survival between patients with adenocarcinoma and patients with adenosquamous carcinoma of the cervix.
- Human papillomavirus localization in cervical adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma using in situ polymerase chain reaction: review of the literature of human papillomavirus detection in these carcinomasKanako Ogura
Department of Pathology I, School of Medicine, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 56:301-8. 2006..However, the prevalence of HPV infection in cervical adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous carcinoma varies among the studies...
- Adenosquamous carcinoma of the pancreas: a clinicopathologic series of 25 casesD E Kardon
Department of Endocrine and Otorhinolaryngic-Head and Neck Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC. 20306-6000, USA
Mod Pathol 14:443-51. 2001BACKGROUND: Adenosquamous carcinoma is a rare aggressive subtype of pancreatic adenocarcinoma. We describe the clinical, pathologic, and molecular characteristics of 25 of these lesions, the largest series to date...
- (18)F-FDG PET in stage IB/IIB cervical adenocarcinoma/adenosquamous carcinomaHung Hsueh Chou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, 5 Fu Shin St Kueishan, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 37:728-35. 2010The diagnostic and prognostic value of (18)F-FDG PET in cervical adenocarcinoma/adenosquamous carcinoma (AC/ASC) is unclear. The aim of this study was to assess the value of PET in the management of cervical AC/ASC.
- Poor prognosis after lung resection for patients with adenosquamous carcinoma of the lungKatsuhiro Nakagawa
Department of Surgery, Osaka Prefectural Habikino Hospital, Habikino, Osaka, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1740-4. 2003We evaluated the prognosis of adenosquamous carcinoma of the lung after lung resection in comparison with other types of carcinoma.
- [Primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the liver: a case report]Mi Jin Gu
Department of Pathology, Daegu, Fatima Hospital, Korea
Korean J Hepatol 11:86-9. 2005..We describe here a case of primary adenosquamous carcinoma of the liver...
- [A case of adenosquamous carcinoma of the papilla of Vater]Hae Geun Song
Department of Internal Medicine, Hallym University College of Medicine, Dongan Gu, Anyang, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 48:132-6. 2006b>Adenosquamous carcinoma of the papilla of Vater is a rare tumor and only a few cases have been reported so far...
- Stromal invasion of the cervix can be excluded from the criteria for using adjuvant radiotherapy following radical surgery for patients with cervical cancerMuneaki Shimada
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University, School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 93:628-31. 2004..We conducted the present study to determine whether deep stromal invasion of the cervix could be excluded from the criteria used to identify patients for this treatment surgery...
- Long-term survival and prognostic factors of five-year survivors with complete resection of non-small cell lung carcinomaMorihito Okada
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Kitaohji cho 13 70, Akashi City 673 5885, Hyogo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:558-62. 2003..We analyzed the long-term follow-up data on cancer-related death in 5-year survivors of complete resection of their non-small cell lung cancer and examined the prognostic factors having an impact on subsequent survival...
- Whole-body [18F]fluoro-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography scan staging prior to planned radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomyJ B Unger
Division of Gynecologic Pelvic Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:1060-4. 2005..Women with FDG PET scans that are clearly negative for nodal disease are good candidates for radical hysterectomy and are at low risk for subsequent chemoradiation...
- Chemoradiation for invasive cervical cancer in elderly patients: outcomes and morbidityM Goodheart
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 18:95-103. 2008..Treatment with chemoradiation was associated with similar survival increases in both age cohorts. Complication rates between the two were similar. Chemoradiation should be considered in elderly patients with invasive cervical cancer...
- The size of metastatic foci and lymph nodes yielding false-negative and false-positive lymph node staging with positron emission tomography in patients with lung cancerHiroaki Nomori
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Saiseikai Central Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1087-92. 2004..We examined the sizes of lymph nodes and metastatic foci within the lymph nodes that affect false-positive and false-negative lymph node staging by positron emission tomography in lung cancer...
- Comparison between segmentectomy and larger resection of stage IA non-small cell lung carcinomaA Campione
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Hospital Le Scotte, Siena, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 45:67-70. 2004..The frequency of recurrence and new primary cancer varies from one report to another while the role of sublobar resection is still debated...
- Early recurrence of completely resected N2-positive non-small-cell lung cancerTakuma Tsukioka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Osaka City University Hospital, 1 5 7 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:113-8. 2007..In this study, we evaluated the risk factors for early recurrence with completely resected N2 disease...
- Pretreatment proliferation parameters do not add predictive power to clinical factors in cervical cancer treated with definitive radiation therapyRichard W Tsang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9 Canada
Clin Cancer Res 9:4387-95. 2003..We report an update of a prospective study focusing on whether pretreatment proliferation parameters are associated with clinical outcome, relative to other established clinical factors...
- Prognostic significance of subcarinal station in non-small cell lung cancer with T1-3 N2 diseaseA Iwasaki
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Japan
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 54:42-6. 2006..The objective of the current study was to evaluate the factors associated with N2, and to determine whether such factors are reliable predictors of survival...
- ANLN plays a critical role in human lung carcinogenesis through the activation of RHOA and by involvement in the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/AKT pathwayChie Suzuki
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 65:11314-25. 2005....
- Adenosquamous/squamous cell carcinoma of the gallbladderKun Ming Chan
Department of General Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Linkou, Taiwan, ROC
J Surg Oncol 95:129-34. 2007..Its clinical features have rarely been described, and its differences from the major histopathologic subtype, adenocarcinoma, remain uncertain...
- Radical reoperation for invasive cervical cancer found in simple hysterectomyAli Ayhan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
J Surg Oncol 94:28-34. 2006..To evaluate the patients with invasive cervical cancer found in simple hysterectomy and who were subjected to radical parametrectomy and upper vaginectomy with therapeutic lymphadenectomy...
- Prognostic factors in node-positive patients with stage IB-IIB cervical cancer treated by radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomyJ Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 93:130-5. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to identify prognostic factors in surgically treated patients with stage IB-IIB cervical cancers, who also presented with positive pelvic nodes...
- Sentinel node detection with the blue dye technique in early cervical cancerV Schwendinger
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Innsbruck Medical University, Austria
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 27:359-62. 2006..The aim of this study was to investigate the feasibility of sentinel node detection with the blue dye technique in early cervical cancer...
- Lobar and sublobar resection with and without brachytherapy for small stage IA non-small cell lung cancerHiran C Fernando
Division of Thoracic and Foregut Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:261-7. 2005..This study compared sublobar resection with lobar resection for stage IA non-small cell lung cancers to assess whether sublobar resection is appropriate treatment for certain lesions. The use of adjuvant brachytherapy was also evaluated...
- Prognostic significance of stromal versican expression in human endometrial cancerJ Kodama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Ann Oncol 18:269-74. 2007..However, the expression of versican in human endometrial cancer has seldom been characterized. The aim of this study was to investigate versican expression in endometrial cancers...
- [Surgical treatment of lung carcinoma in tuberculosis patients]Vladas Vencevicius
Department of Thoracic Surgery and Oncology, Institute of Oncology, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 40:1170-4. 2004..Objective of our study was to analyze the cases of coexistent pulmonary tuberculosis and lung cancer...
- Preliminary results of consolidation chemotherapy following concurrent chemoradiation after radical surgery in high-risk early-stage carcinoma of the uterine cervixJ W Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:412-7. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy and toxicity of consolidation chemotherapy after concurrent chemoradiation (CCRT) with 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and cisplatin in the treatment of high-risk, early stage cervical carcinoma after radical surgery...
- Reduced expression of class II histone deacetylase genes is associated with poor prognosis in lung cancer patientsHirotaka Osada
Division of Molecular Oncology, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Cancer 112:26-32. 2004..Results of clustering analyses imply that class II HDAC genes may be regulated by a similar mechanism and deregulated during cancer development...
- Poor prognosis of patients with stage Ib1 adenosquamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervix with pelvic lymphnode metastasisShintaro Yasuda
Department of Gynecology, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 52:9-15. 2006..01) worse than low-risk group. The present study suggests that ASC histology appears to carry a poor prognosis than SCC, but low-risk group of stage Ib1 ASC has a good prognosis without postoperative adjuvant therapy...
- Expression of glutathione S-transferase pi and glutathione synthase correlates with survival in early stage non-small cell carcinomas of the lungTimothy C Allen
The University of Texas Health Center at Tyler, Tyler, TX 75708, USA
Hum Pathol 38:220-7. 2007..Manipulation of GST-pi and GSH2 may be a potential basis for treatment of some NSCLC...
- Complications and outcomes after pulmonary resection for cancer in patients 80 to 89 years of ageHidehito Matsuoka
Department of Surgery, Hyogo Prefectural Kaibara Hospital, Kaibara 5208 1, Kaibara cho, Tanba city, Hyogo 669 3395, Japan
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 28:380-3. 2005..Patients 80 years or older often present with potentially resectable cases of non-small cell lung cancer. Whether such patients should undergo surgical treatment is becoming increasingly important in this rapidly aging society...
- Characteristics and prognosis of patients after resection of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma measuring 2 cm or less in greatest dimensionMorihito Okada
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi City, Hyogo, Japan
Cancer 98:535-41. 2003..Therefore, in the current study, the authors analyzed the clinical characteristics of patients who underwent complete resection of these lung tumors, the follow-up data, and the significant prognostic factors...
- The prognostic value of histopathologic grading parameters and microvessel density in patients with early squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixMarianne Graflund
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Medical Center Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:32-41. 2002..In conclusion, histopathologic malignancy grading systems provide valuable prognostic information in patients with early stage squamous cell carcinomas of the uterine cervix...
- Defected expression of E-cadherin in non-small cell lung cancerQingyan Fei
Laboratory of Population and Quantitative Genetics, Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Lung Cancer 37:147-52. 2002....
- Management of early-stage cervical carcinoma by modified (Type II) radical hysterectomyStylianos Michalas
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 85:415-22. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of modified (Type II) radical hysterectomy for the treatment of early-stage (I-IIA) cervical carcinoma...
- The prognostic value of a histologic grading system, DNA profile, and MIB-1 expression in early stages of cervical squamous cell carcinomasMarianne Graflund
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Orebro University Hospital, SE 701 85 Orebro, Sweden
Int J Gynecol Cancer 12:149-57. 2002..The IFG in the original or modified versions could predict low- and high-risk groups of tumors and therefore be of value in treatment planning for these patients...
- Carbon ion radiotherapy for stage I non-small cell lung cancer using a regimen of four fractions during 1 weekTadaaki Miyamoto
Research Center Hospital for Charged Particle Therapy, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, Japan
J Thorac Oncol 2:916-26. 2007..On the basis on the results, a phase II study using a regimen of four fractions during 1 week was performed. The purpose of the present study was to determine the local control and 5-year survival rates...
- Prognostic value of pretreatment factors in patients with locally advanced carcinoma of the uterine cervix treated by radiotherapy aloneD Pedersen
Department of Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 34:787-95. 1995..Poor survival probability were related to large lateral tumor diameter, high malignancy grade and FIGO stage, low hemoglobin, split-course therapy, and adeno/adenosquamous tumor type...
- Surgical treatment for octogenarians with lung cancer: results from a population-based series of 124 patientsHes A P Brokx
Department of Pulmonology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thorac Oncol 2:1013-7. 2007..Previous reports on the outcome of surgery for lung cancer in octogenarians were mainly derived from single institutions. In contrast, this study presents results for all hospitals in a region of 3 million inhabitants...
- Low frequency of p53 and k-ras codon 12 mutations in non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) tumors and surgical marginsOzgur Vatan
Department of Biology, Science and Art Faculty, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
Tumori 93:473-7. 2007..Molecular methods may be exploited that are sensitive enough to detect small numbers of tumor cells...
- MCM2 is an independent predictor of survival in patients with non-small-cell lung cancerN Ramnath
Lung Cancer Program, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:4259-66. 2001..Whether MCM2 is predictive of response to therapy needs to be studied...
- Results of pneumonectomy for non-small cell lung cancerY Mizushima
First Department of Internal Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Acta Oncol 36:493-7. 1997..Pneumonectomy remains the treatment of choice for lung cancer, but seems not to be justified for patients with stage IIIB due to their poor prognosis...
- Long-term follow-up of RTOG 92-10: cervical cancer with positive para-aortic lymph nodesP W Grigsby
Radiation Oncology Center, Washington University Medical Center, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:982-7. 2001..One patient died of acute complications of therapy. The survival estimates seem no better than standard fractionation irradiation without chemotherapy...
- Prognosis and treatment of primary adenocarcinoma and adenosquamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixT Pekin
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Marmara University Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 22:160-3. 2001..The survival difference between two groups is explained by effects of clinical stage, nodal spread, and vascular space involvement...
- Ten-year survival of patients with locally advanced, stage ib-iib cervical cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and radical hysterectomyY Y Hwang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hanyang University School of Medicine, No. 17, Haengdang-Dong, Sungdong-Ku, Seoul, South Korea
Gynecol Oncol 82:88-93. 2001..However, randomized controlled trials are needed to confirm this result...
- Adenosquamous and squamous carcinoma of the colon and upper rectum: a clinical and histopathologic studyF A Frizelle
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 44:341-6. 2001PURPOSE: Squamous and adenosquamous carcinoma of the colon and proximal rectum are rare neoplasms in which the clinicopathologic behavior and the most appropriate management are unknown...
- Carcinoma of the uterine cervix: twice- versus once-weekly high-dose-rate brachytherapyY Hama
Department of Radiology, Division of Radiation Oncology, National Defense Medical College, 3-2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359-0042, Japan
Radiology 219:207-12. 2001..04) and with fewer than six sessions of HDR brachytherapy (P=.02). CONCLUSION: The twice-weekly HDR regimen may improve the local control rate with fewer complications...
- Clinical aspects and prognosis of pelvic recurrence of cervical carcinomaT Kasamatsu
Division of Gynecology, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:39-44. 2005..To identify which patients with locally recurrent cervical carcinoma are potentially curable...
- Microscopic (R1) and macroscopic (R2) residual disease in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancerH S Hofmann
Department of Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Martin Luther University, E Grube Strasse 40, 06097 Halle, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:606-10. 2002..This retrospective study evaluates the probability of survival in patients who had undergone resection for non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and in whom residual disease at the resection margins was found...
- Clinical role of (18)F-FDG PET for initial staging of patients with extrahepatic bile duct cancerTakashi Kato
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 6, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 29:1047-54. 2002..In conclusion, in the initial staging of patients with extrahepatic bile duct cancer, (18)F-FDG PET offers additional value in relation to CT in evaluating both the primary tumour and regional lymph nodes...
- Efficacy of cisplatin and cyclophosphamide combination for recurrent and metastatic carcinoma of the uterine cervixY Eralp
Institute of Oncology, University of Istanbul, Topkapi, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:323-6. 2003..Further studies are required to determine a better therapeutic approach for patients with relapsed carcinoma of the cervix...
- Treatment results of high-dose-rate remote afterloading brachytherapy for cervical cancer and retrospective comparison of two regimensFrank C S Wong
Department of Clinical Oncology, Tuen Mun Hospital, Special Administrative Region, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:1254-64. 2003....
- High cyclooxygenase-2 expression in cervical adenocarcinomasYi Jen Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital Institute of Clinical Medicine, and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Gynecol Oncol 88:379-85. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationships between cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression and prognostic factors in cervical carcinomas...
- Significance of perivascular lymphocytic infiltrates on survival of patients with invasive cervical cancerKoji Yamazawa
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Immunother 26:149-55. 2003..006) was significantly associated with worse survival compared with the VI- group. These results suggest that the coexistence of perivascular lymphocytic infiltrates is associated with a better prognosis in cases with vascular invasion...
- Cervical carcinoma in a Muslim communityFarhana Badar
Cancer Registry and Clinical Data Management, Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital and Research Center, Lahore, Pakistan
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:24-6. 2007..The aim of the research was to review the distributions of age, stage at presentation, and morphology of patients presenting with carcinoma of the cervix in a predominantly Muslim population...
- [Multivariate analysis of histopathologic prognostic factors in invasive cervical carcinoma treated with radical hysterectomy including paraaortic lymphadenectomy]Naoki Takeda
Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Hokkaido Igaku Zasshi 78:67-74. 2003
- Position Emission Tomography in Cervical CancerTom Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- PREVENTIVE ONCOLOGY ACADEMIC CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARDPatrick Koty; Fiscal Year: 2002..The data obtained from these studies will also be used to develop a model for the process of programmed cell death. This model will be used to determine risk assessment for the development of non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Computer Aided Liver Lesion Detection AlgorithmLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Clearly this is the first step in a process of development and if successful will lead to further efforts in automated detection and characterization. ..
- Identification of Early Markers for Ovarian CancerAnna Lokshin; Fiscal Year: 2006..By the end of the proposed project, we expect to construct a test based on a panel of ovarian cancer-specific antigens that has the most promising characteristics to identify women with ovarian cancer. ..
- TARGETS OF METASTATIC PANCREATIC CANCERChristine Iacobuzio Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Male Circumcision on Penile HPV InfectionJENNIFER SUSAN SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..If male circumcision is found to be effective and safe in reducing HPV infection or penile lesions in men, it could in turn reduce HPV prevalence and associated cervical neoplasia in women. ..