Genomes and Genes
Summary: A focal malformation resembling a neoplasm, composed of an overgrowth of mature cells and tissues that normally occur in the affected area.
Publications295 found, 100 shown here
- Dysregulation of HIF and VEGF is a unifying feature of the familial hamartoma syndromesJames Brugarolas
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 44 Binney Street, Mayer 457, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:7-10. 2004..How mTOR dysregulation after inactivation of LKB1 or TSC1/2 contributes to hamartoma development is not known...
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma on the foreheadEugene Jeong
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, St Mary s Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 45:598-9. 2006..These findings are consistent with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma. There was no change in the lesion during the 1-year follow-up period.
- PI3K/mTORC1 activation in hamartoma syndromes: therapeutic prospectsVera P Krymskaya
Department of Medicine, and Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 3403, USA
Cell Cycle 8:403-13. 2009..3-kinase (PI3K) and mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is characteristic feature of hamartoma syndromes...
- Optical coherence tomographic findings of combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 11 patientsCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, 840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1746-50. 2005
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall: radiologic manifestations with emphasis on cross-sectional imaging and histopathologic comparisonKathleen R Groom
Dept of Radiology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Radiology 222:205-11. 2002To describe the imaging features of chest wall mesenchymal hamartoma with emphasis on cross-sectional imaging and comparison with histopathologic results.
- Visual improvement after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling for vitreoretinal traction associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumJay B Stallman
Georgia Retina, P C, Decatur, Georgia 30030, USA
Retina 22:101-4. 2002
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with massive mucin depositionYuichiro Tsunemi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 15:291-2. 2005Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is a rare condition characterized histologically by an increased number of eccrine structures and numerous vascular elements...
- Bilateral adenomatoid odontogenic hamartomaDaniela Otero
Pathology Postgraduate Program, Fluminense Federal University UFF, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 107:e24-6. 2009..first case of bilateral odontogenic lesions consistent with several cases of unifocal adenomatoid odontogenic hamartoma in the literature...
- Surgical outcomes of epiretinal membranes associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumAaron D Cohn
Beaumont Eye Institute, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Retina 29:825-30. 2009To determine the surgical outcomes of epiretinal membranes associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling with or without assistance of autologous plasmin ..
- Surgical management of epiretinal membrane in combined hamartomas of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumXiao Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Retina 30:305-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the surgical outcome of combined hamartomas of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in five patients...
- Hamartoma of the spleenHwajeong Lee
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 133:147-51. 2009Splenic hamartoma is a rare, benign vascular proliferation that is often found incidentally while working up other complaints or at autopsy. Women more commonly present with symptoms related to mass effect than men...
- Folliculocystic and collagen hamartoma of tuberous sclerosis complexAntonio Torrelo
Department of Dermatology, Hospital del Nino Jesus, Madrid, Spain
J Am Acad Dermatol 66:617-21. 2012..Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by tumors and hamartomas in several organs including the skin...
- DNA sequence of the translocation breakpoints in undifferentiated embryonal sarcoma arising in mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver harboring the t(11;19)(q11;q13.4) translocationVeena Rajaram
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:508-13. 2007..sarcoma of the liver is a highly malignant and aggressive tumor that occasionally arises within mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver (MHL), a benign tumor that typically occurs in young children...
- Assessment of a biliary hamartoma with contrast-enhanced sonography using two different contrast agentsJ Hohmann
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Petersgraben 4, Basel
Ultraschall Med 30:185-8. 2009..Histology showed a benign biliary hamartoma and incomplete cirrhosis...
- Disturbed osteoblastic differentiation of fibrous hamartoma cell from congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia associated with neurofibromatosis type IDong Yeon Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Orthop Surg 3:230-7. 2011Fibrous hamartoma is the key pathology of congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia (CPT), which was shown to have low osteogenicity and high osteoclastogenicity...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma arising in multiple bile duct hamartomas: report of two cases and review of the literatureAi Min Xu
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:580-4. 2009..Any other clinically detectable primary tumor was not found. These two neoplasms were interpreted as a cholangiocarcinoma arising in BDHs. This suggested BDHs might be a risk factor of development of cholangiocarcinoma...
- Fetal mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver: report of a caseShinkichi Kamata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:639-41. 2003The authors report a case of hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma diagnosed prenatally with ultrasound scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and confirmed histologically postdelivery...
- Perirenal tailgut cyst (cystic hamartoma)Ming Tse Sung
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memory Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, China
J Pediatr Surg 38:1404-6. 2003..The authors herein describe the clinical, radiologic, and pathologic features of an unusual perirenal tailgut cyst with an emphasis on its histogenesis and distinction from other intraabdominal cystic lesions...
- Endobronchial hamartomaBorja G Cosio
Respiratory Department, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 122:202-5. 2002To describe clinical, endoscopic, radiographic, and follow-up characteristics of a series of patients in whom endobronchial hamartoma (EH) had been diagnosed.
- Biologic characteristics of fibrous hamartoma from congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia associated with neurofibromatosis type 1Tae Joon Cho
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, 28 Yeongeon dong Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:2735-44. 2008Fibrous hamartoma is a key pathologic component of congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia, a challenging and disabling bone disorder...
- Giant folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma of the upper extremityDavid E Sturtz
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cutan Pathol 31:287-90. 2004Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH) is a rare cutaneous hamartoma consisting of dilated folliculosebaceous units invested in mesenchymal elements. These lesions have a striking predilection for the central face and scalp of adults...
- Optical coherence tomography of retinal astrocytic hamartoma in 15 casesCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1553-7. 2006To describe the features of retinal astrocytic hamartoma using optical coherence tomography (OCT).
- Genital variant of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaJ L Bolognia
Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA
Dermatology 197:258-60. 1998..This is in contrast to sebaceous trichofolliculomas which often present as depressed ostia containing terminal or vellus hairs...
- Liver tumors in childrenSukru Emre
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:632-8. 2004..The therapy of these tumors has evolved over time and it currently involves a combination of surgery, adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy and possible transplantation...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartomaMichelle T Pelle
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:429-35. 2002Four patients with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma are described...
- Mucosal Schwann cell "hamartoma": clinicopathologic study of 26 neural colorectal polyps distinct from neurofibromas and mucosal neuromasJoanna A Gibson
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:781-7. 2009..Although their nature is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "mucosal Schwann cell 'hamartoma'" to avoid confusion with the neural lesions that have significant associations with inherited syndromes.
- The evolution of treatment for hypothalamic hamartoma: a personal odysseyJeffrey V Rosenfeld
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Neurosurg Focus 30:E1. 2011The prognosis for patients with hypothalamic hamartoma has improved dramatically over the last 20 years, for 3 main reasons. First, because of improved understanding of the anatomy and pathophysiology of these varied lesions...
- Combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 77 consecutive patients visual outcome based on macular versus extramacular tumor locationCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 115:2246-2252.e3. 2008To evaluate visual outcome of eyes with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor - hamartoma or true neoplasm: a case reportDeepti Garg
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, M M College of Dental Sciences and Research, M M University, Mullana, India
J Oral Sci 51:155-9. 2009..We report a case of AOT in the right maxillary anterior region in a 20-year-old woman. The tumor showed some unusual and aggressive features that suggested it was a true neoplasm...
- Photodynamic therapy for exudative hamartoma in tuberous sclerosisStefan Mennel
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 124:597-9. 2006
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: clinical, histological and imaging findingsR H Laeng
Department of Pathology, Kantonsspital Aarau, Switzerland
Dermatology 203:70-4. 2001Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is an exceedingly rare benign tumor-like lesion prevalent in childhood which may produce pain and marked sweating...
- Psychogenic gelastic seizures in a patient with hypothalamic hamartomaTimothy Scarella
Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Epileptic Disord 14:187-9. 2012Gelastic seizures are classically associated with hypothalamic hamartoma. The most effective treatment for gelastic epilepsy is surgery, although confirming that a hypothalamic hamartoma is an epileptic lesion prior to surgical ..
- Spindle cell predominant trichodiscoma: a fibrofolliculoma/trichodiscoma variant considered formerly to be a neurofollicular hamartoma: a clinicopathological and immunohistochemical analysis of 17 casesHeinz Kutzner
Dermatopathologische Gemeinschaftspraxis, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Am J Dermatopathol 28:1-8. 2006Seventeen solitary nasal tumors that fulfilled all diagnostic criteria of so-called neurofollicular hamartoma, apart from distinct S100-positivity, were compared histopathologically and immunohistochemically with seven typical ..
- A case of respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartomaJonathan Liang
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Otolaryngol 28:277-9. 2007We report a case of a 70-year-old man diagnosed with a respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH) of the nasal cavity after a past sinus surgery and associated with nasal polyposis...
- Spontaneous rupture of splenic hamartoma in a patient with hepatitis C virus-related cirrhosis and portal hypertension: a case report and review of the literatureYasuji Seyama
Department of Surgery, Asahi General Hospital, I 1326, Asahi City, Chiba 289 2511, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 12:2133-5. 2006Spontaneous rupture is a rare complication of splenic hamartoma. A review of the literature revealed only four such cases...
- Unique concurrent appearance of two rare conditions in a young girl: central precocious puberty due to hypothalamic hamartoma and uncommon type of diabetesMirjana Kocova
Department of Endocrinology and Genetics, University Children s Hospital, Skopje, Macedonia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 24:815-8. 2011..We present a girl with early onset of central precocious puberty at the age of 8 months, due to hypothalamic hamartoma. Treatment with depot of a GnRH analog for a period of 9 years and 8 months was successful, and her puberty ..
- Functional brain mapping of ictal activity in gelastic epilepsy associated with hypothalamic hamartoma: a case reportAlberto J R Leal
Department of Neurophysiology, Hospital Júlio de Matos, Lisbon, Portugal
Epilepsia 50:1624-31. 2009..fMRI) of several seizure events were obtained, with blood oxygen level dependent (BOLD) activation of the hamartoma, and left hemisphere hypothalamus, hippocampus, parietal-occipital area, cingulate gyrus, and dorsal-lateral ..
- Hypothalamic hamartomaKazunori Arita
Department of Neurosurgery, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima University, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 45:221-31. 2005..This review of hypothalamic hamartomas presents current classifications, pathophysiologies, and treatment modalities...
- Optical coherence tomography in presumed congenital simple hamartoma of retinal pigment epitheliumDhananjay Shukla
Retina Vitreous Service, Aravind Eye Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 1 Anna Nagar, Madurai 625 020, Tamil Nadu, India
Am J Ophthalmol 139:945-7. 2005To report the optical coherence tomography (OCT) findings in two cases of presumed congenital simple retinal pigment epithelial (RPE) hamartoma.
- Treatment modalities for intractable epilepsy in hypothalamic hamartomaJoong Uhn Choi
Department of Neurosurgery, CHA University, Sungnam, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Adv Tech Stand Neurosurg 39:117-30. 2012Hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is usually associated with refractory epilepsy, cognitive impairment, and behavioral disturbance. There is now increasing evidence that HH can be treated effectively with a variety of neurosurgical approaches...
- Myoid hamartoma of breast with chondroid metaplasia: a case reportJoon Joon Khoo
School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Monash University, Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 31:77-80. 2009Breast hamartoma is an uncommon poorly recognised benign breast neoplasm. Hamartoma displaying marked smooth muscle components known as myoid hamartoma of the breast is a much rarer entity...
- Endobronchial hamartoma with obstructive pneumonia due to Nocardia asiaticaTakako Matsumoto
Department of Surgery, Saitamaken Saiseikai Kurihashi Hospital, 714 6 Gotanda, Kouemon, Kitakatsushika gun, Saitama 349 1105, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 59:141-4. 2011..could not be achieved with a high-frequency snare, although the patient was preoperatively diagnosed as having hamartoma. The patient subsequently underwent resection of the right lower lobe due to his deteriorated clinical condition...
- Colonic hamartoma development by anomalous duplication in Cdx2 knockout miceY Tamai
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute Merck, Ibaraki, Japan
Cancer Res 59:2965-70. 1999..The hamartoma started to develop at 11...
- Congenital simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium: a study of five casesCarol L Shields
The Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 110:1005-11. 2003To report 5 patients with presumed congenital, simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma of inguinal lymph nodesAndrea Piedimonte
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:714-6. 2006
- An identical HMGIC-LPP fusion transcript is consistently expressed in pulmonary chondroid hamartomas with t(3;12)(q27-28;q14-15)P Rogalla
Center of Human Genetics and Genetic Counseling, University of Bremen, Bremen, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 29:363-6. 2000..Our results clearly show that neither the histologic differences between lipomas and PCHs nor the histologic heterogeneity of PCHs can be explained by a molecular diversity of the HMGIC-LPP fusion transcript...
- Hemoclip-assisted polypectomy of large duodenal Brunner's gland hamartomaYang Yuan Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhua Christian Medical Center, 135 Nanhsiao Street, Changhua, 500, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 51:1670-2. 2006Brunner's gland hamartoma, also known as Brunneroma or Brunner's gland adenoma, is a rare tumor of the duodenum and an uncommon cause of gastrointestinal bleeding...
- A complex translocation (6;12;8)(q25;q24.3;q13) in a fibrous hamartoma of infancyAnne Laure Rougemont
Department of Pathology, CHU Sainte Justine, 3175, Cote Sainte Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 171:115-8. 2006..Surgical excision was performed 16 months later. Histology revealed a fibrous hamartoma of infancy. Follow-up has been uneventful, and no recurrence of the mass has been observed...
- Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinusYuji Himi
Departments of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kanazawa Medical College, Kanazawa, Japan
J Laryngol Otol 116:317-8. 2002A case of respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the maxillary sinus is reported. Glandular hamartomas involving the sinonasal tract have received only limited documentation in the literature...
- Tumor suppressor gene alterations in respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH): comparison to sinonasal adenocarcinoma and inflamed sinonasal mucosaJohn A Ozolek
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1576-80. 2006Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (REAH) is an unusual benign sinonasal glandular proliferation. REAH is not considered a neoplasm, although, no molecular evidence exists to support or refute this possibility...
- Lingual striated muscle hamartoma or herniation?J C Steele
Department of Oral Medicine, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and School Dentistry, Liverpool, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 33:454-5. 2004..Hamartomatous growth of striated muscle, or herniation through underdeveloped lamina propria is postulated to explain the exceedingly rare clinicopathological features...
- Laparoscopic extirpation of splenic hamartomaYukihiro Tatekawa
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840, Shijyo cho, Kashiharashi, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Pediatr Surg Int 23:911-4. 2007We presented a case of splenic hamartoma. A 12-year-old girl has had an abdominal pain since 9 years of age...
- Cystic lymphangiomatous hamartoma masquerading as massive ascitesAnkit Parakh
Department of Pediatric, Maulana Azad Medical College and Lok Nayak Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 76:753-4. 2009..Histopathologic examination diagnosed the tumor as a cystic lymphangiomatous hemartoma. Although abdominal lymphangiomas are seen in children, but presenting as massive ascites with hydrocele is very rare...
- A rare case of recurrent myoid hamartoma mimicking malignancy: imaging appearancesMyung Su Ko
Department of Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Gyeonggi Do, Korea
Korean J Radiol 11:683-6. 2010Myoid hamartoma is an uncommon type of breast hamartoma and its recurrence is very rare. We report the imaging appearance of an unusual case of recurrent myoid hamartoma of the breast mimicking malignancy in a 43-year-old woman...
- A hamartoma located in the tracheaErdogan Cetinkaya
Department of Chest Diseases, Yedikule Chest Diseases and Thoracic Surgery Education and Research Hospital, Zeytinburnu, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 17:504-6. 2011b>Hamartoma is rarely found to be localized in the trachea. In the literature, only about ten cases have been reported...
- Mesenchymal hamartoma: prenatal diagnosis by MRILeysia Chu
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 41:781-4. 2011..An awareness of the characteristic imaging findings will allow accurate diagnosis of this condition, even prenatally, and thus facilitate appropriate perinatal management and surgical planning...
- Extensive neurocristic hamartoma with skeletal muscle involvementChadrick E Denlinger
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:634-9. 2007..In conclusion, NCH may be characterized by extensive deep tissue involvement in the absence of overt malignancy. The possible development of malignant melanoma in such lesions warrants close surveillance...
- Medallion-like dermal dendrocyte hamartoma: a new clinically and histopathologically distinct lesionRodolfo Rodriguez-Jurado
Department of Pathology, National Institute of Pediatrics, Mexico
J Am Acad Dermatol 51:359-63. 2004..We believe that the lesions described represent a new, clinically and histopathologically distinct lesion originating in dermal dendrocytes. We propose to name it medallion-like dermal dendrocyte hamartoma.
- Visual improvement after pars plana vitrectomy and membrane peeling for vitreoretinal traction associated with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epitheliumJohn O Mason
Retina 22:824-5; author reply 825-6. 2002
- Glomeruloid microvascular proliferation in angiomyomatous hamartoma of the lymph nodeJean Louis Dargent
Virchows Arch 445:320-2. 2004
- Cutaneous neurocristic hamartoma with blue naevus-like features and plexiform dermal hyperneuryE Karamitopoulou-Diamantis
Histopathology 49:326-8. 2006
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma and associated stromal lesions in the right inguinal lymph node: a case reportY Sakurai
Department of Surgery and Pathology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Pathol Int 50:655-9. 2000Angiomyomatous hamartoma is a rare disease with a predisposition for the inguinal lymph nodes. A 51-year-old male patient visited a local hospital because of a right inguinal mass, measuring 3 x 4 cm in size, which was resected...
- Pedunculated Brunner's gland hamartoma of the duodenum causing upper gastrointestinal hemorrhageShoji Hirasaki
Department of Internal Medicine, Kubo Hospital, Imabari, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 15:373-5. 2009A case of pedunculated Brunner's gland hamartoma (BGH) of the duodenum causing upper gastrointestinal (GI) hemorrhage is reported...
- Myoepithelial hamartoma of the stomach simulating a gastric carcinoma. A case reportTeresa Rosanna Portale
Surgical Science Department, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Tumori 93:220-2. 2007Myoepithelial hamartoma is a very rare submucosal tumor of the stomach. Magnus-Alsleben first described 5 cases of this tumor in 1903. More recently (1993) Vandelli et al. published a review of the literature comprising only 33 cases...
- Aspiration cytology of mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall in an infant: a case reportSandeep R Mathur
Department of Pathology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Acta Cytol 54:63-5. 2010Mesenchymal hamartoma of the chest wall is an extremely uncommon lesion of infants...
- Angiomyomatous hamartoma of a popliteal lymph node: an unusual cause of posterior knee painCraig S Mauro
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:372-4. 2008Angiomyomatous hamartoma is a primary vascular tumor primarily found in the inguinal and femoral lymph nodes characterized by the replacement of nodal tissue by smooth muscle cells and fibrous tissue in sclerotic lymphatic stroma...
- Imaging findings of splenic hamartomaRi Sheng Yu
Department of Radiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2613-5. 2004To assess CT and MR manifestations and their diagnostic value in splenic hamartoma with review of literatures.
- Dermal melanocytic proliferation with features of a plaque-type blue nevus and neurocristic hamartomaCaroline Bevona
Department of Dermatology, Boston University, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 49:924-9. 2003..In addition, BN and NCH might differ in their potential to develop into a malignancy. We describe a patient with a lesion showing features of both a plaque-type BN and NCH...
- Cellular hamartoma resembling gastrointestinal stromal tumor: a solid tumor of the pancreas expressing c-kit (CD117)Ursula Pauser
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Germany
Mod Pathol 18:1211-6. 2005..The follow-up (2 and 4 years) of the patients was uneventful. We propose to designate the tumors as 'cellular hamartoma resembling gastrointestinal stromal tumor.
- Medallion-like dermal dendrocyte hamartoma: the main diagnostic pitfall is congenital atrophic dermatofibrosarcomaM Marque
Department of Dermatology, Hopital Saint Eloi, Montpellier University Hospital, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, F 34295 Montpellier cedex 5, France
Br J Dermatol 160:190-3. 2009Medallion-like dermal dendrocyte hamartoma is a newly described and rare clinical and pathological entity...
- Respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma in the nasal cavityRyo Endo
Department of Otolaryngology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
Acta Otolaryngol 122:398-400. 2002We report a 65-year-old male with a hamartoma in the left nasal cavity. A mass was found in the left nasal cavity and was diagnosed as a benign tumor on the basis of preoperative findings...
- Rhabdomyomatous (mesenchymal) hamartoma of the tongue: report of a caseP De la Sotta
Department of Dermatology, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago de Chile, Chile
J Oral Pathol Med 36:58-9. 2007..Histological examination showed oral mucosa covered by squamous epithelium and an underlying vascularized fibrous stroma, containing small and short bundles of striated muscle, corresponding to a rhabdomyomatous hamartoma.
- Pancreatic hamartomaC D McFaul
Department of Surgery, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
Pancreatology 4:533-7; discussion 537-8. 2004Pancreatic hamartoma is a rare benign lesion and may be mistaken for a malignancy, as demonstrated by two cases...
- Pancreatic solid and cystic hamartoma in adults: characterization of a new tumorous lesionUrsula Pauser
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 11, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Am J Surg Pathol 29:797-800. 2005..Because of the irregular arrangement of otherwise mature tissue components of the pancreas, the lesions were considered solid and cystic hamartomas. Their pathogenesis is so far unknown...
- Endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma: an unusual cause of bronchial obstruction (2007: 7b)Nevzat Karabulut
Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Medical Center, Kinikli, Denizli, Turkey
Eur Radiol 17:2687-90. 2007Imaging findings were reported in an unusual case of endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma obstructing the left mainstem bronchus...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with elements of an arterio-venous malformation: a newly recognized variantAndy J Chien
Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seatlle, WA 98195, USA
J Cutan Pathol 33:433-6. 2006..These findings were most characteristic of the entity known as eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH), an uncommon tumor that may present variable clinical and histological features...
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerveAhmadreza Afshar
Department of Orthopaedics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Modaress St, Ershad Blvd, Urmia, Iran
Arch Iran Med 13:45-7. 2010This report describes a rare case of secondary carpal tunnel syndrome due to a lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerve...
- A revaluation of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma: the histopathological and immunohistochemical featuresNoriyuki Misago
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga University, Japan
Am J Dermatopathol 32:154-61. 2010The histogenesis of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH), including the origin of the frequently associated adipocytes and other mesenchymal components, remains unclear...
- Myoid hamartomas of the breast: report of 3 cases and review of the literatureOsvaldo Giannotti Filho
Department of Pathology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Int J Surg Pathol 12:151-3. 2004..The myoid hamartoma is a rare benign lesion of the breast and has an uncertain origin, possibly in the walls of the blood vessels, ..
- MRI of muscular hamartoma of the breastK W Wong
Department of Radiology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Australas Radiol 46:441-3. 2002Muscular hamartoma is a well-demarcated tumour composed of smooth muscle and adipose tissue. We report the MRI findings of a patient with benign breast neoplasm...
- Endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma: CT and MR imaging features (2004:5b)Sevda Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Kirikkale University, Turkey
Eur Radiol 14:1521-4. 2004
- Lipofibromatous hamartoma of the upper extremity: a review of the radiologic findings for 15 patientsAndoni P Toms
Department of Radiology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Ln, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7UY, England
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:805-11. 2006..The purpose of this study was to analyze the radiologic characteristics of lipofibromatous hamartomas affecting upper limb peripheral nerves...
- A case of muscular hamartoma of the breastM Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Gihoku General Hospital, 1187-3 Takatomi, Takatomichou, Yamagatagun, Gifu 501-2105, Japan
Breast Cancer 8:243-5. 2001..From these findings a muscular hamartoma of the breast, a rare subtype of hamartoma, was diagnosed.
- MRI diagnosis of fibrolipomatous hamartoma of the median nerve and associated macrodystrophia lipomatosaChia Ling Chiang
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Chin Med Assoc 73:499-502. 2010Fibrolipomatous hamartoma is an uncommon congenital disorder, which is characterized by disproportionate hyperplasia of adipose tissue infiltrating along the perineurium, the epineurium and the affected nerve trajectory...
- Large hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma leading to mid-trimester fetal demiseJ M Laberge
McGill Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Group, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:141-5. 2005..After detailed sonograms and MRI suggested the diagnosis of cystic mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver, cyst decompression was favored and consent was obtained...
- Congenital simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium in an AsianMiwako Gotoh
Jpn J Ophthalmol 52:144-5. 2008
- Brunner's gland hamartoma: computed tomographic findings with histopathologic correlation in 9 casesSaebeom Hur
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:543-7. 2010To describe the computed tomographic (CT) features of Brunner's gland hamartoma with histopathologic correlation.
- Hamartoma involving the pseudarthrosis site in patients with neurofibromatosis type 1Rocío P Mariaud-Schmidt
Division de Genetica, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Sierra Mojada 800, Colonia Independencia, CP 44340, Guadalajara, Mexico
Pediatr Dev Pathol 8:190-6. 2005..resection of the affected ends from the pseudarthrosis site of both patients showed a picture compatible with hamartoma. This is the first time when histologic evidence of hamartomatous tissue involving the pseudarthrosis site is ..
- Resection of endobronchial hamartoma by bronchoplasty and transbronchial endoscopic surgeryHironori Ishibashi
Department of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1300-2. 2003Endobronchial hamartoma is a rare, benign tumor usually associated with pneumonitis and atelectasis caused by obstruction. Lobectomy is sometimes performed even if the tumor is benign...
- Orbitozygomatic resection for hypothalamic hamartoma and epilepsy: patient selection and outcomeAdib A Abla
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 27:265-77. 2011..This study aims to examine the outcomes of ten patients after orbitozygomatic (OZ) pterional surgery in cases of refractory epilepsy caused by hypothalamic hamartomas (HH)...
- Two cases of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaS Tanimura
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:68-70. 2006Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH) is a rare cutaneous hamartoma composed of dilated folliculosebaceous units associated with mesenchymal elements. Two cases of FSCH with typical histopathological features are reported...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma with precocious pubertyS N Shenoy
Department of Neurosurgery, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal, Udupi 576 119, Karnataka, India
Pediatr Neurosurg 40:249-52. 2004Hypothalamic hamartoma is a rare congenital nonneoplastic heterotopia consisting of neurons, glial cells and fiber bundles. Clinically, most patients with hypothalamic hamartomas present with precocious puberty and/or gelastic epilepsy...
- Ovarian vascular hamartoma in a cowJean Marc Benoit
Department of Clinical Sciences, L Faculté de médecine vétérinaire, Universite de Montreal, 3200 rue Sicotte, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec
Can Vet J 46:1026-8. 2005..A clinical diagnosis of ovarian tumor was established before a histological diagnosis of ovarian vascular hamartoma was made. Ovarian vascular hamartoma has not been reported previously in a live animal.
- Recurrent mesenchymal hamartoma associated with 19q translocation. A call for more radical surgical resectionK Sharif
Liver Unit, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:64-7. 2006Hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma is a rare benign tumour in children...
- [Endobronchial hamartoma removed by bronchoscopic electrosurgical snaring]Hirotoshi Horio
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:559-63. 2005..The histological findings were compatible with chondromatous hamartoma. We recommend the endoscopic electrosurgical snaring to treat endobronchial hamartoma, especially when ..
- A case of genital folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma with an unique aggregated manifestationManabu Hamada
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Dermatol 33:191-5. 2006Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FCH) is a recently recognized cutaneous hamartoma composed of follicular, sebaceous and mesenchymal components, and usually occurring on the head and neck...
- Fibrous hamartoma of infancy: an Italian multi-institutional experienceElena Carretto
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Paediatrics, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:800-3. 2006Fibrous hamartoma (FH) of infancy is a benign mesenchymal tumor, occurring as a superficial mass. Complete excision is curative.
- Transcallosal resection of hypothalamic hamartoma for gelastic epilepsyM Andrew
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Oxford, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 24:275-9. 2008..Hypothalamic hamartomas (HHs) are commonly associated with severe epilepsy resistant to anticonvulsant therapy. Historically, surgical resection of HHs resulted in considerable morbidity...
- Somatic mutations in GLI3 can cause hypothalamic hamartoma and gelastic seizuresR H Wallace
Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072 Australia
Neurology 70:653-5. 2008
- Eccrine gland stroma changes in cutaneous hamartoma of infancyMartin Fernandez
J Cutan Pathol 35:508-9. 2008
- Lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerve in patients with macrodactyly: diagnosis and treatment of a rare disease causing carpal tunnel syndromeDietmar Ulrich
Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Unit, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:1219-24. 2009Lipofibromatous hamartoma is a very rare benign peripheral nerve tumour. It is mostly encountered in the proximal extremities of young adults, involving the median nerve in the majority of cases...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF THE KERATODERMASAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2007..They consist of Punctate Keratoderma, Naxos Disease and Generalized Basaloid Follicular Hamartoma Syndrome...
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, I wish to explore other mechanisms of hamartoma formation...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of the Hamartoma SyndromesDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..are to elucidate the molecular signaling pathways that contribute to tumor development and physiology in the hamartoma syndromes resulting from loss of the tumor suppressor genes TSC1, TSC2, LKB1, and PTEN, and to identify and ..
- Rheb small GTPase signaling in tuberous sclerosisKun Liang Guan; Fiscal Year: 2007..TSC is characterized by hamartoma formation in a wide range of tissues with the most severe clinical problems in brain and kidney...
- TSC2 tumor suppressor protein in cell energy responseKun Liang Guan; Fiscal Year: 2007Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a genetic disease characterized by hamartoma formations in a wide range of tissues. Mutation in either the TSC1 or TSC2 tumor suppressor gene is responsible for TSC...
- Preclinical Studies of Rapamycin for TSC Brain DiseaseDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006Tuberous sclerosis (TSC) is an autosomal dominant hamartoma syndrome due to mutations in either TSC1 or TSC2...
- GABAergic excitation in human hypothalamic hamartomaJie Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is a rare developmental malformation often characterized by gelastic seizures, which are refractory to ..
- Novel in vitro and xenograft models to study treatments for tuberous sclerosisThomas Darling; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these in vitro and xenograft models can be used to investigate TSC tumor microenvironment and drug mechanisms of action, increasing our understanding of how these hamartomatous tumors form and respond to treatment. ..
- Novel treatments for polycystic kidney diseaseVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- KIDNEY DISEASE RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of TSC2 and Rho GTPases in LAMVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study will elucidate the role of tumor suppressor tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and Rho family of small GTPases in LAM and will identify novel targets for combinational pharmaceutical intervention to treat this disease. ..
- Tuberous Sclerosis: Mutations and Murine ModelsDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Last, the in vivo interaction in the mouse between Tsc2 null alleles and null alleles for p53, p27KIP, p21CIP, Msh2, and gelsolin will be explored. ..
- DERIVATIZED HYALURONAN FOR WOUND HEALINGRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally it will be determined whether hyaluronan constructs that are optimal in vitro for cell migration are also optimal in vivo for cutaneous wound healing. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF TSC 1: MECHANISMS AND THERAPIESDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- RENIN ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF ADPKDVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 1993..The results of these studies will augment the understanding of the pathogenesis of cyst formation and hypertension in ADPKD and are likely to have a significant impact on the treatment of this disease...
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVera P Krymskaya; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- The Role of TSC2 and Rho GTPases in LAMVera P Krymskaya; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will elucidate the role of tumor suppressor tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and Rho family of small GTPases in LAM and will identify novel targets for combinational pharmaceutical intervention to treat this disease. ..
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: Innovative Imaging to Assess Progression (PCC)Vicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Controlled Trial of Renin Angiotensin Blockade in ADPKDVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..Approximately one-half of these patients will have normal or near-normal renal function and one-half have mild to moderate renal insufficiency. The protocols for the Pilot Study will be conducted only at the Mayo Clinic. ..
- Novel treatments for polycystic kidney diseaseVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PARTIAL EPILEPSYMark Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, these studies will provide insight into the chronoblological factors that facilitate partial seizure expression and may provide new perspectives into treatments for poorly controlled partial epilepsy. ..
- Fibronectin peptides for treatment of burnsRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007....