Genomes and Genes
Summary: A focal malformation resembling a neoplasm, composed of an overgrowth of mature cells and tissues that normally occur in the affected area.
Publications244 found, 100 shown here
- Radiosurgery for hypothalamic hamartomasPantaleo Romanelli
Functional Neurosurgery, IRCCS Neuromed, Pozzilli, Italy
Neurosurg Focus 24:E9. 2008..Radiosurgery is an emerging treatment modality for HHs, which provides excellent seizure outcomes and no lasting complications to date...
- Dysregulation of HIF and VEGF is a unifying feature of the familial hamartoma syndromesJames Brugarolas
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 44 Binney Street, Mayer 457, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:7-10. 2004..How mTOR dysregulation after inactivation of LKB1 or TSC1/2 contributes to hamartoma development is not known...
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma on the foreheadEugene Jeong
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, St Mary's Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Dermatol 45:598-9. 2006..These findings are consistent with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma. There was no change in the lesion during the 1-year follow-up period.
- PI3K/mTORC1 activation in hamartoma syndromes: therapeutic prospectsVera P Krymskaya
Department of Medicine, and Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 3403, USA
Cell Cycle 8:403-13. 2009..3-kinase (PI3K) and mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is characteristic feature of hamartoma syndromes...
- Endobronchial hamartomaBorja G Cosio
Respiratory Department, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Chest 122:202-5. 2002To describe clinical, endoscopic, radiographic, and follow-up characteristics of a series of patients in whom endobronchial hamartoma (EH) had been diagnosed.
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma arising in multiple bile duct hamartomas: report of two cases and review of the literatureAi Min Xu
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:580-4. 2009..Any other clinically detectable primary tumor was not found. These two neoplasms were interpreted as a cholangiocarcinoma arising in BDHs. This suggested BDHs might be a risk factor of development of cholangiocarcinoma...
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor - hamartoma or true neoplasm: a case reportDeepti Garg
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, M M College of Dental Sciences and Research, M M University, Mullana, India
J Oral Sci 51:155-9. 2009..We report a case of AOT in the right maxillary anterior region in a 20-year-old woman. The tumor showed some unusual and aggressive features that suggested it was a true neoplasm...
- Late-onset eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: clinical, histological and imaging findingsR H Laeng
Department of Pathology, Kantonsspital Aarau, Switzerland
Dermatology 203:70-4. 2001Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is an exceedingly rare benign tumor-like lesion prevalent in childhood which may produce pain and marked sweating...
- Perirenal tailgut cyst (cystic hamartoma)Ming-Tse Sung
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Memory Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical Center, Chang Gung University, Taiwan, China
J Pediatr Surg 38:1404-6. 2003..The authors herein describe the clinical, radiologic, and pathologic features of an unusual perirenal tailgut cyst with an emphasis on its histogenesis and distinction from other intraabdominal cystic lesions...
- Fetal mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver: report of a caseShinkichi Kamata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:639-41. 2003The authors report a case of hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma diagnosed prenatally with ultrasound scan and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and confirmed histologically postdelivery...
- Liver tumors in childrenSukru Emre
Recanati Miller Transplantation Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Pediatr Transplant 8:632-8. 2004..The therapy of these tumors has evolved over time and it currently involves a combination of surgery, adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy and possible transplantation...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartomaMichelle T Pelle
Department of Dermatology, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania 17822, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 47:429-35. 2002Four patients with eccrine angiomatous hamartoma are described...
- Biologic characteristics of fibrous hamartoma from congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia associated with neurofibromatosis type 1Tae Joon Cho
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, 28 Yeongeon dong Jongno gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:2735-44. 2008Fibrous hamartoma is a key pathologic component of congenital pseudarthrosis of the tibia, a challenging and disabling bone disorder...
- Mucosal Schwann cell "hamartoma": clinicopathologic study of 26 neural colorectal polyps distinct from neurofibromas and mucosal neuromasJoanna A Gibson
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:781-7. 2009..Although their nature is uncertain, we propose the interim designation "mucosal Schwann cell 'hamartoma'" to avoid confusion with the neural lesions that have significant associations with inherited syndromes.
- Giant folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma of the upper extremityDavid E Sturtz
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Cutan Pathol 31:287-90. 2004BACKGROUND: Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH) is a rare cutaneous hamartoma consisting of dilated folliculosebaceous units invested in mesenchymal elements...
- Optical coherence tomography of retinal astrocytic hamartoma in 15 casesCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1553-7. 2006OBJECTIVE: To describe the features of retinal astrocytic hamartoma using optical coherence tomography (OCT). DESIGN: Retrospective, observational, noncomparative case series...
- Genital variant of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaJ L Bolognia
Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA
Dermatology 197:258-60. 1998..This is in contrast to sebaceous trichofolliculomas which often present as depressed ostia containing terminal or vellus hairs...
- The evolution of treatment for hypothalamic hamartoma: a personal odysseyJeffrey V Rosenfeld
Department of Surgery, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Neurosurg Focus 30:E1. 2011The prognosis for patients with hypothalamic hamartoma has improved dramatically over the last 20 years, for 3 main reasons. First, because of improved understanding of the anatomy and pathophysiology of these varied lesions...
- DNA sequence of the translocation breakpoints in undifferentiated embryonal sarcoma arising in mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver harboring the t(11;19)(q11;q13.4) translocationVeena Rajaram
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63132, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:508-13. 2007..sarcoma of the liver is a highly malignant and aggressive tumor that occasionally arises within mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver (MHL), a benign tumor that typically occurs in young children...
- Resection of endobronchial hamartoma by bronchoplasty and transbronchial endoscopic surgeryHironori Ishibashi
Department of Thoracic Cardiovascular Surgery, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1300-2. 2003Endobronchial hamartoma is a rare, benign tumor usually associated with pneumonitis and atelectasis caused by obstruction. Lobectomy is sometimes performed even if the tumor is benign...
- Myoid hamartomas of the breast: report of 3 cases and review of the literatureOsvaldo Giannotti Filho
Department of Pathology, , , Brazil
Int J Surg Pathol 12:151-3. 2004..The myoid hamartoma is a rare benign lesion of the breast and has an uncertain origin, possibly in the walls of the blood vessels, ..
- A revaluation of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma: the histopathological and immunohistochemical featuresNoriyuki Misago
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga University, Japan
Am J Dermatopathol 32:154-61. 2010The histogenesis of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH), including the origin of the frequently associated adipocytes and other mesenchymal components, remains unclear...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with massive mucin depositionYuichiro Tsunemi
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Eur J Dermatol 15:291-2. 2005Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is a rare condition characterized histologically by an increased number of eccrine structures and numerous vascular elements...
- Congenital simple hamartoma of the retinal pigment epithelium in an AsianMiwako Gotoh
Jpn J Ophthalmol 52:144-5. 2008
- Lipofibromatous hamartoma of the upper extremity: a review of the radiologic findings for 15 patientsAndoni P Toms
Department of Radiology, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Ln, Norwich, Norfolk NR4 7UY, England
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:805-11. 2006..CONCLUSION: Although there are pathognomonic features that characterize lipofibromatous hamartoma on MRI, the range of appearances is broad...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma with elements of an arterio-venous malformation: a newly recognized variantAndy J Chien
Division of Dermatology, University of Washington, Seatlle, WA 98195, USA
J Cutan Pathol 33:433-6. 2006..These findings were most characteristic of the entity known as eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH), an uncommon tumor that may present variable clinical and histological features...
- Brunner's gland hamartoma: computed tomographic findings with histopathologic correlation in 9 casesSaebeom Hur
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Comput Assist Tomogr 34:543-7. 2010To describe the computed tomographic (CT) features of Brunner's gland hamartoma with histopathologic correlation.
- MRI of muscular hamartoma of the breastK W Wong
Department of Radiology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Australas Radiol 46:441-3. 2002Muscular hamartoma is a well-demarcated tumour composed of smooth muscle and adipose tissue. We report the MRI findings of a patient with benign breast neoplasm...
- MRI diagnosis of fibrolipomatous hamartoma of the median nerve and associated macrodystrophia lipomatosaChia Ling Chiang
Department of Radiology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Chin Med Assoc 73:499-502. 2010Fibrolipomatous hamartoma is an uncommon congenital disorder, which is characterized by disproportionate hyperplasia of adipose tissue infiltrating along the perineurium, the epineurium and the affected nerve trajectory...
- Carpal tunnel syndrome due to lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerveAhmadreza Afshar
Department of Orthopaedics, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Modaress St, Ershad Blvd, Urmia, Iran
Arch Iran Med 13:45-7. 2010This report describes a rare case of secondary carpal tunnel syndrome due to a lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerve...
- Endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma: CT and MR imaging features (2004:5b)Sevda Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, School of Medicine, Kirikkale University, Turkey
Eur Radiol 14:1521-4. 2004
- A case of muscular hamartoma of the breastM Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Gihoku General Hospital, 1187-3 Takatomi, Takatomichou, Yamagatagun, Gifu 501-2105, Japan
Breast Cancer 8:243-5. 2001..From these findings a muscular hamartoma of the breast, a rare subtype of hamartoma, was diagnosed.
- Photodynamic therapy for exudative hamartoma in tuberous sclerosisStefan Mennel
Department of Ophthalmology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 124:597-9. 2006
- Hamartoma involving the pseudarthrosis site in patients with neurofibromatosis type 1Rocío P Mariaud-Schmidt
Division de Genetica, Centro de Investigacion Biomedica, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Sierra Mojada 800, Colonia Independencia, CP 44340, Guadalajara, Mexico
Pediatr Dev Pathol 8:190-6. 2005..resection of the affected ends from the pseudarthrosis site of both patients showed a picture compatible with hamartoma. This is the first time when histologic evidence of hamartomatous tissue involving the pseudarthrosis site is ..
- Large hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma leading to mid-trimester fetal demiseJ M Laberge
McGill Fetal Diagnosis and Treatment Group, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Canada
Fetal Diagn Ther 20:141-5. 2005..After detailed sonograms and MRI suggested the diagnosis of cystic mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver, cyst decompression was favored and consent was obtained...
- Endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma: an unusual cause of bronchial obstruction (2007: 7b)Nevzat Karabulut
Department of Radiology, Pamukkale University Medical Center, Kinikli, Denizli, Turkey
Eur Radiol 17:2687-90. 2007Imaging findings were reported in an unusual case of endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma obstructing the left mainstem bronchus...
- Fibrous hamartoma of infancy manifesting as multiple nodules with hypertrichosisTae Young Yoon
Department of Dermatology, College of Medicine, Medical Research Institute, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
J Dermatol 33:427-9. 2006Fibrous hamartoma of infancy is a rare benign tumor, which usually occurs within the first year of life. Most cases present as a solitary, painless, skin-colored subcutaneous nodule; multiple lesions are rarely reported...
- Hepatic mesenchymal hamartomaJ-B Yen
Department of Pediatrics of Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chiayi, Chang Gung Children's Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Paediatr Child Health 39:632-4. 2003Hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma (HMH) is a rare liver tumour in childhood. It is believed to be a benign tumour with a good prognosis if the tumour is excised. Only a few cases with local relapse or metastasis have been reported...
- Nevus lipomatosus cutaneous superficialis with folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaHee Kang
J Am Acad Dermatol 56:S55-7. 2007
- Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma on the nippleSeung Yoon Lee
National Medical Center, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Am J Dermatopathol 28:205-7. 2006
- Cutaneous changes in fibrous hamartoma of infancyD Grynspan
Department of Pathology, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
J Cutan Pathol 34:39-43. 2007Fibrous hamartoma of infancy (FHI) is a fast growing soft tissue tumor that usually arises in the first 2 years of life. The histology of the lesion has been well described...
- [Endobronchial hamartoma removed by bronchoscopic electrosurgical snaring]Hirotoshi Horio
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:559-63. 2005..The histological findings were compatible with chondromatous hamartoma. We recommend the endoscopic electrosurgical snaring to treat endobronchial hamartoma, especially when ..
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver in a late-term equine fetusD L Brown
Vet Pathol 44:100-2. 2007Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver is a rare congenital disorder of biliary tract development. During the necropsy of a late-term equine fetus, a markedly enlarged liver of more than two times normal weight was found...
- A 37-year-old woman with a presacral mass. Tailgut cyst (retrorectal cystic hamartoma)Vathany Sriganeshan
Arkadi Rywlin Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center of Greater Miami, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:e77-8. 2006
- Cardiac vascular hamartoma in two slaughtered cattleA Sugiyama
Department of Laboratory Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Agriculture, Tottori University, Minami 4 101 Koyama cho, Tottori, Tottori 680 8553, Japan
J Comp Pathol 136:202-5. 2007Two cases of cardiac vascular hamartoma were detected in slaughtered cattle. In each case, a single nodular protrusion (ca 2.5 cm in diameter) was located in the same part of the right atrium...
- Ovarian vascular hamartoma in a cowJean-Marc Benoit
Department of Clinical Sciences, , , 3200 rue Sicotte, Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec
Can Vet J 46:1026-8. 2005..A clinical diagnosis of ovarian tumor was established before a histological diagnosis of ovarian vascular hamartoma was made. Ovarian vascular hamartoma has not been reported previously in a live animal.
- Two cases of folliculosebaceous cystic hamartomaS Tanimura
Department of Dermatology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:68-70. 2006Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FSCH) is a rare cutaneous hamartoma composed of dilated folliculosebaceous units associated with mesenchymal elements. Two cases of FSCH with typical histopathological features are reported...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma with precocious pubertyS N Shenoy
Department of Neurosurgery, Kasturba Medical College and Hospital, Manipal, Udupi 576 119, Karnataka, India
Pediatr Neurosurg 40:249-52. 2004Hypothalamic hamartoma is a rare congenital nonneoplastic heterotopia consisting of neurons, glial cells and fiber bundles. Clinically, most patients with hypothalamic hamartomas present with precocious puberty and/or gelastic epilepsy...
- Recurrent mesenchymal hamartoma associated with 19q translocation. A call for more radical surgical resectionK Sharif
Liver Unit, Birmingham Children's Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Eur J Pediatr Surg 16:64-7. 2006Hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma is a rare benign tumour in children...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma: a paradigm/model for studying the onset of pubertyHeike Jung
Division of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center/Oregon Health and Science University, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Endocr Dev 8:81-93. 2005....
- [Bronchoscopic resection of an endobronchial hamartochondroma]S C Birkholz
Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Grosshansdorf
Pneumologie 58:489-92. 2004..The resection via rigid endoscopy with ND-YAG laser and forceps was successful, and no complications occured. The rigid endoscopy with laser-application in such case is a safe and effective procedure in endobronchial hamartochondroma...
- A case of genital folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma with an unique aggregated manifestationManabu Hamada
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Dermatol 33:191-5. 2006Folliculosebaceous cystic hamartoma (FCH) is a recently recognized cutaneous hamartoma composed of follicular, sebaceous and mesenchymal components, and usually occurring on the head and neck...
- Fibrous hamartoma of infancy: an Italian multi-institutional experienceElena Carretto
Division of Paediatric Surgery, Department of Paediatrics, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:800-3. 2006BACKGROUND: Fibrous hamartoma (FH) of infancy is a benign mesenchymal tumor, occurring as a superficial mass. Complete excision is curative...
- Fibrous hamartoma of infancy: a case report with associated cytogenetic findingsRenuka Lakshminarayanan
Departmentsof Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento 95817, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:520-2. 2005..Histology revealed the typical features of a fibrous hamartoma. Cytogenetic studies revealed a reciprocal translocation, t(2;3)(q31;q21), as the sole abnormality...
- Conservative management of giant hepatic mesenchymal hamartomaK L Narasimhan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160 012
Indian J Gastroenterol 23:26. 2004We report a six-month-old male infant with mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver which was left untreated. Repeat CT scan 1 year later showed regression and calcification of the tumor. The child is well 3 years later.
- Gingival vascular hamartoma in two calvesI Yeruham
Hachaklait, Gedera and the Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem PO Box 12, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Aust Vet J 82:152-3. 2004
- Optical coherence tomographic findings of combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 11 patientsCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, 840 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1746-50. 2005
- Central precocious puberty due to hypothalamic hamartoma in a 7-month-old infant girlI H Rousso
2nd Department of Pediatrics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Eur J Pediatr 167:583-5. 2008..We present here a rare case of a 7-month-old infant girl with CPP and HH who was successfully treated with depot gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) analogue is presented...
- Orbitozygomatic resection for hypothalamic hamartoma and epilepsy: patient selection and outcomeAdib A Abla
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 27:265-77. 2011..This study aims to examine the outcomes of ten patients after orbitozygomatic (OZ) pterional surgery in cases of refractory epilepsy caused by hypothalamic hamartomas (HH)...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma in a neurofibromatosis type-1 patientElias A Castilla
Pathology 34:378-80. 2002
- Microsurgical treatment for hypothalamic hamartoma in children with precocious pubertyShiqi Luo
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Beijing, China
Surg Neurol 57:356-62; discussion 362. 2002BACKGROUND: We review the surgical treatment of hypothalamic hamartoma causing precocious puberty...
- Smooth muscle hamartoma of the abomasum in a calfM Yamaguchi
Research Institute for Animal Science in Biochemistry and Toxicology, 3-7-11 Hashimotodai, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229-1132, Japan
J Comp Pathol 130:66-9. 2004This report describes a case of smooth muscle hamartoma of the abomasum in a 6-month-old steer humanely killed because of severe pneumonia. At necropsy, marked thickening of the abomasal wall in the area of the pylorus was found...
- Difficulties in the management of mesenchymal hamartomasJonathan Saul Karpelowsky
Red Cross War Memorial Children s Hospital, University of Cape Town, Klipfontein Rd, Rondebosch, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
Pediatr Surg Int 24:1171-5. 2008Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver is an entity with a varied presentation and frequent initial delay in diagnosis...
- Peripheral ameloblastoma is not a hamartoma but rather more of a neoplasmFumio Ide
Oral Oncol 38:318-20. 2002
- Progression of epididymal maldevelopment into hamartoma-like neoplasia in VHL diseaseGautam U Mehta
Surgical Neurology Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Neoplasia 10:1146-53. 2008..revealed papillary growth to extend deeply into ductular lumina, indicative of progression into early hamartoma-like neoplasia...
- Congenital intrahepatic vascular anomaly in a clinically normal laboratory beagleHelen Booler
AstraZeneca Safety Assessment, Macclesfield, UK
Toxicol Pathol 36:981-4. 2008..Based on the gross and histologic appearance, this lesion was identified as a vascular hamartoma with arteriovenous fistula...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma: comparison of clinical presentation and magnetic resonance imagesC Debeneix
Pediatric Endocrinology, , Assistance Publique-Hopitaux de Paris, France
Horm Res 56:12-8. 2001BACKGROUND/AIMS: Hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is one of the most frequent causes of organic central precocious puberty (CPP). We compared the clinical presentation and the magnetic resonance images (MRI) of 19 patients with HH aged 5...
- A case of diffuse pilar leiomyoma or acquired smooth muscle hamartoma?A Mitra
Department of Dermatology, Dewsbury and District Hospital, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e145-7. 2009..Similar lesions have also been previously reported under the term 'acquired smooth muscle hamartoma' (ASMH). These cases are also rare and have no known consistent clinical features...
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liverKenneth W Gow
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, University of Washington, and Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center Seattle, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Pediatr Surg 44:468-70. 2009Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver is the second most common benign liver tumor of childhood. Ultrasonography demonstrates a cystic lesion that may be very large...
- Dumbbell shaped exophytic and endobronchial lipomatous hamartomaW Na
Department of Pathology, Hanyang University Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 57:122-4. 2009..An unexpected pathological diagnosis of endobronchial lipomatous hamartoma was made...
- A large infiltrating fibrous hamartoma of infancy in the abdominal wall with rare associated tuberous sclerosisHye Jeong Han
Department of Radiology, St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, 62 Youido dong, Yongdungpo gu, Seoul, 150 713, Korea
Pediatr Radiol 39:743-6. 2009..histologic types of soft-tissue masses can occur with tuberous sclerosis, we present a unique case of fibrous hamartoma of infancy presenting as large infiltrating cutaneous and subcutaneous masses in the abdominal wall in a 4-year-..
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of the liver: a benign tumor with deceptive prognosis in the perinatal period. Case report and review of the literatureJ Cornette
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Fetal Diagn Ther 25:196-202. 2009This article reports a case of perinatal mesenchymal hepatic hamartoma and reviews the literature on the subject. A fetus presented with polyhydramnios and a large multiloculated cystic abdominal mass at 33 weeks of gestation...
- [Complications after transcallosal transseptal interforniceal resection of hypothalamic hamartoma: analysis of 37 cases]Hong xin Yao
Department of Neurosurgery, Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:898-900. 2009To summarize the post-operative complications of resection of hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) through transcallosal transseptal interforniceal approach.
- Surgical removal of a localised vascular hepatic hamartoma in a dogM Gualtieri
Department of Veterinary Clinical Science, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, Via Celoria 10, Milan, Italy
Aust Vet J 87:360-2. 2009..Histologic evaluation of the mass supported a vascular hepatic hamartoma. Vascular hamartomas are rare malformations in animals and only two cases have been reported in the dog...
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: report of five congenital casesMargarita Larralde
Dermatology Department, Hospital Aleman, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Dermatol 26:316-9. 2009Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma is a rare entity characterized histologically by the combination of proliferative eccrine and vascular elements...
- Lipofibromatous hamartoma of the median nerve in patients with macrodactyly: diagnosis and treatment of a rare disease causing carpal tunnel syndromeDietmar Ulrich
Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Unit, University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:1219-24. 2009Lipofibromatous hamartoma is a very rare benign peripheral nerve tumour. It is mostly encountered in the proximal extremities of young adults, involving the median nerve in the majority of cases...
- Combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium in 77 consecutive patients visual outcome based on macular versus extramacular tumor locationCarol L Shields
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Ophthalmology 115:2246-2252.e3. 2008To evaluate visual outcome of eyes with combined hamartoma of the retina and retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
- Transcallosal resection of hypothalamic hamartoma for gelastic epilepsyM Andrew
Department of Paediatric Neurology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Oxford, UK
Childs Nerv Syst 24:275-9. 2008..Hypothalamic hamartomas (HHs) are commonly associated with severe epilepsy resistant to anticonvulsant therapy. Historically, surgical resection of HHs resulted in considerable morbidity...
- Linear ectodermal cutaneous hamartomaRebecca Campen
Department of Dermatology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Dermatol 42:376-9. 2003
- Eccrine gland stroma changes in cutaneous hamartoma of infancyMartin Fernandez
J Cutan Pathol 35:508-9. 2008
- Somatic mutations in GLI3 can cause hypothalamic hamartoma and gelastic seizuresR H Wallace
Queensland Brain Institute, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, 4072 Australia
Neurology 70:653-5. 2008
- The luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone-secreting hypothalamic hamartoma is a congenital malformation: natural historyP Mahachoklertwattana
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco 94143 0106
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 77:118-24. 1993The LHRH-secreting hypothalamic hamartoma (HH), a congenital malformation consisting of a heterotopic mass of nervous tissue that contains LHRH neurosecretory neurons attached to the tuber cinereum or the floor of the third ventricle, ..
- Poland anomaly associated with ipsilateral combined hamartoma of retina and retinal pigment epitheliumT Stupp
Eye 18:550-2. 2004
- Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma: a case report and review of the literaturePaul T Martinelli
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Cutis 71:449-55. 2003Eccrine angiomatous hamartoma (EAH) is a rare, benign condition recognized histologically by increased numbers of eccrine elements, as well as numerous vascular channels...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma and seizures: a treatable epileptic encephalopathySamuel F Berkovic
Epilepsy Research Institute and Department of Neurology, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Heidelberg Melbourne, Australia
Epilepsia 44:969-73. 2003..contrary, good evidence now exists that all these clinical features are caused, directly or indirectly, by the hamartoma. Resection of these lesions was long regarded as too hazardous and unlikely to benefit seizure control...
- Mesenchymal hamartoma of liver: magnetic resonance imaging and histopathologic correlationBin Bin Ye
Department of Radiology, No 1 Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:5807-10. 2005To describe the imaging features of hepatic mesenchymal hamartoma with emphasis on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) compared to histopathologic results.
- Chondro-osseous respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma of the nasal cavity: a case reportR Flavin
Department of Histopathology, Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 69:87-91. 2005Chondro-osseous respiratory epithelial adenomatoid hamartoma (COREAH) of the nasal cavity is an exceedingly rare benign lesion of the nasal cavity...
- Treatment options for gelastic epilepsy due to hypothalamic hamartoma: interstitial radiosurgeryAndreas Schulze-Bonhage
Epilepsy Centre, University Hospital Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Semin Pediatr Neurol 14:80-7. 2007..A persistent weight gain was noted in 3 patients, which was severe in 1 (20 kg). There were no other neurologic, neuropsychologic, or neuropsychiatric side effects, which compares favorably with most surgical series...
- Hypothalamic hamartoma, gelastic epilepsy and precocious pubertyAtilla Buyukgebiz
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 20:377. 2007
- Outcome and predictors of interstitial radiosurgery in the treatment of gelastic epilepsyA Schulze-Bonhage
Epilepsy Center, Neurocentre, University Hospital Freiburg, Breisacher Str 64, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Neurology 71:277-82. 2008..Here we report the effects of interstitial radiosurgery in the treatment of this generally pharmacoresistant epilepsy syndrome...
- Pediatric adrenal cortical carcinoma: brain metastases and relationship to NF-1, case reports and review of the literatureAaron Scott Wagner
Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, B-216, Denver, Colorado, 80262, USA
J Neurooncol 75:127-33. 2005..We review the literature on ACCs in pediatric patients regarding brain metastases and previous associations with NF-1...
- Pediatric-onset gelastic seizures: clinical data and outcomeEli Shahar
Child Neurology Unit and Epilepsy Service, Meyer Children Hospital, Rambam Medical Center, Rappaport School of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Pediatr Neurol 37:29-34. 2007..form of epilepsy defined as automatic bouts of laughter without mirth commonly associated with a hypothalamic hamartoma. The objective was to survey all Israeli children found to develop recurrent gelastic seizures and report ..
- Successful resection of Hypothalamic Hamartoma with intractable gelastic seizures--by transcallosal subchoroidal approachKrishnapundha Bunyaratavej
Chulalongkorn Comprehensive Epilepsy Program, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 89:1269-76. 2006..The signal intensity on the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) was consistent with the Hypothalamic Hamartoma (HH)...
- [Surgical disconnection of hypothalamic hamartomas]G Dorfmuller
Service de Neurochirurgie, unité de neurochirurgie pédiatrique, Fondation Ophtalmologique A de Rothschild, 25 29 rue Manin, 75940 Paris Cedex 19, France
Neurochirurgie 54:315-9. 2008..Alternative surgical routes and techniques have therefore been proposed, especially for broadly attached lesions and for those with a third ventricular location...
- [Radiosurgery of hypothalamic hamartomas]Yoshihisa Kida
Department of Neurosurgery, Komaki City Hospital, Aichi, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 36:225-32. 2008..In conclusion, radiosurgery can play a role in treating hamartomas since neurological outcome and seizure control are apparently improved...
- [Neurofibromatosis type 1 and associated clinical abnormalities in 27 children]S Syrbe
Universitätsklinik für Kinder und Jugendliche Leipzig, Leipzig
Klin Padiatr 219:326-32. 2007..As with other authors, we found no potential for CNS hamartoma to proliferate. In three cases with pubertal anomalies we found CNS gliomas, which indicates the need for MRI...
- Endoscopic surgery for hypothalamic hamartomas causing medically refractory gelastic epilepsyHarold L Rekate
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Childs Nerv Syst 22:874-80. 2006..The purpose of this study is to report our experiences with endoscopic removal of these hamartomas...
- Gelastic seizures: not always hypothalamic hamartomaChristina S Cheung
Epilepsy Programme, Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Epileptic Disord 9:453-8. 2007..This case report presents a 29-year-old woman who was successfully rendered free of gelastic seizures after resection of a frontal cortical dysplasia, localized through MRI and SPECT imaging.[Published with video sequences]...
- GABAA receptor-mediated activation of L-type calcium channels induces neuronal excitation in surgically resected human hypothalamic hamartomasDo Young Kim
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
Epilepsia 49:861-71. 2008The human hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is a rare, intrinsically epileptogenic lesion associated with gelastic seizures, but the underlying mechanisms remain unclear...
- Hypothalamic hamartomas: Correlation of MR imaging and spectroscopic findings with tumor glial contentD R Amstutz
Division of Neuroradiology, Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85013, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:794-8. 2006..METHODS: Studies were performed with 3T and 1.5T scanners. Single voxel hamartoma spectra were acquired by using short-echo-time point-resolved spectroscopy sequences (PRESS)...
- Transcallosal resection of hypothalamic hamartoma for intractable epilepsyYu-tze Ng
Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, Barrow Neurological Institute, St Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85013, USA
Epilepsia 47:1192-202. 2006PURPOSE: To present the results of transcallosal surgical resection of hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) in 26 patients with refractory epilepsy in a prospective outcome study...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF THE KERATODERMASAngela Christiano; Fiscal Year: 2007..They consist of Punctate Keratoderma, Naxos Disease and Generalized Basaloid Follicular Hamartoma Syndrome...
- Skin Manifestations of Tuberous SclerosisJack Arbiser; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this proposal, I wish to explore other mechanisms of hamartoma formation...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of the Hamartoma SyndromesDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2007..are to elucidate the molecular signaling pathways that contribute to tumor development and physiology in the hamartoma syndromes resulting from loss of the tumor suppressor genes TSC1, TSC2, LKB1, and PTEN, and to identify and ..
- Rheb small GTPase signaling in tuberous sclerosisKun Liang Guan; Fiscal Year: 2007..TSC is characterized by hamartoma formation in a wide range of tissues with the most severe clinical problems in brain and kidney...
- TSC2 tumor suppressor protein in cell energy responseKun Liang Guan; Fiscal Year: 2007Tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC) is a genetic disease characterized by hamartoma formations in a wide range of tissues. Mutation in either the TSC1 or TSC2 tumor suppressor gene is responsible for TSC...
- Preclinical Studies of Rapamycin for TSC Brain DiseaseDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006Tuberous sclerosis (TSC) is an autosomal dominant hamartoma syndrome due to mutations in either TSC1 or TSC2...
- GABAergic excitation in human hypothalamic hamartomaJie Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Human hypothalamic hamartoma (HH) is a rare developmental malformation often characterized by gelastic seizures, which are refractory to ..
- Tuberous Sclerosis: Mutations and Murine ModelsDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2006..Last, the in vivo interaction in the mouse between Tsc2 null alleles and null alleles for p53, p27KIP, p21CIP, Msh2, and gelsolin will be explored. ..
- The Role of TSC2 and Rho GTPases in LAMVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2009..This study will elucidate the role of tumor suppressor tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and Rho family of small GTPases in LAM and will identify novel targets for combinational pharmaceutical intervention to treat this disease. ..
- KIDNEY DISEASE RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Novel in vitro and xenograft models to study treatments for tuberous sclerosisThomas Darling; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these in vitro and xenograft models can be used to investigate TSC tumor microenvironment and drug mechanisms of action, increasing our understanding of how these hamartomatous tumors form and respond to treatment. ..
- RENIN ANGIOTENSIN SYSTEM IN THE PATHOGENESIS OF ADPKDVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 1993..The results of these studies will augment the understanding of the pathogenesis of cyst formation and hypertension in ADPKD and are likely to have a significant impact on the treatment of this disease...
- Novel treatments for polycystic kidney diseaseVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- DERIVATIZED HYALURONAN FOR WOUND HEALINGRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2001..Finally it will be determined whether hyaluronan constructs that are optimal in vitro for cell migration are also optimal in vivo for cutaneous wound healing. ..
- MURINE MODELS OF TSC 1: MECHANISMS AND THERAPIESDavid Kwiatkowski; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- The Role of TSC2 and Rho GTPases in LAMVera P Krymskaya; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study will elucidate the role of tumor suppressor tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and Rho family of small GTPases in LAM and will identify novel targets for combinational pharmaceutical intervention to treat this disease. ..
- Controlled Trial of Renin Angiotensin Blockade in ADPKDVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007..Approximately one-half of these patients will have normal or near-normal renal function and one-half have mild to moderate renal insufficiency. The protocols for the Pilot Study will be conducted only at the Mayo Clinic. ..
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PARTIAL EPILEPSYMark Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, these studies will provide insight into the chronoblological factors that facilitate partial seizure expression and may provide new perspectives into treatments for poorly controlled partial epilepsy. ..
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVera P Krymskaya; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel treatments for polycystic kidney diseaseVicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Polycystic Kidney Disease: Innovative Imaging to Assess Progression (PCC)Vicente Torres; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of p70 S6 Kinase in Regulating LAM Cell GrowthVERA KRYMSKAYA; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Fibronectin peptides for treatment of burnsRichard Clark; Fiscal Year: 2007....