Summary: A SYNOVIAL CYST located in the back of the knee, in the popliteal space arising from the semimembranous bursa or the knee joint.
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Radiologic case study. Pigmented villonodular synovitisK Marberry
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Missouri-Columbia, 65212, USA
Orthopedics 24:647, 710-2. 2001..Recurrence is common, but malignant transformation is rare. The etiology of PVNS is still unknown, and perhaps its future discovery will assist in the definitive treatment of this disorder...
- Ultrasound of the kneeL Friedman
Diagnostic Imaging, Guelph General Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Skeletal Radiol 30:361-77. 2001..With experience, ultrasound is a time-efficient, economical imaging tool for assessment of the knee...
- Result of arthroscopic treatment of pigmented villonodular synovitis of the kneeAlessandro De Ponti
Divisione Ortopedia, Istituto Scientifico Ospedale San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Arthroscopy 19:602-7. 2003..The purpose of the study is to critically examine the results of arthroscopic synovectomy in the knee affected by PVNS, to determine the safety and effectiveness of the procedure...
- The MRI appearance of cystic lesions around the kneeCatherine L McCarthy
Department of Radiology, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Windmill Road, Headington, Oxford, OX3 7LD, UK
Skeletal Radiol 33:187-209. 2004..This will prevent unnecessary additional investigations and determine whether intra-articular surgery or conservative management is appropriate...
- A ganglion cyst that developed from the infrapatellar fat pad of the kneeErhan Yilmaz
Department of Orthopaedics, Firat University, Medical Faculty, Elazig, Turkey
Arthroscopy 20:e65-8. 2004..At the 1-year follow-up examination, the patient's left knee was completely asymptomatic with full range of motion and no recurrence. Ganglion cyst should be considered in the differential diagnosis of intra-articular masses...
- The popliteal cystDaniel Fritschy
Departement de Chirurgie, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:623-8. 2006A popliteal cyst, originally called Baker's cyst, is a synovial fluid-filled mass located in the popliteal fossa...
- Prevalence and size of meniscal cysts, ganglionic cysts, synovial cysts of the popliteal space, fluid-filled bursae, and other fluid collections in asymptomatic knees on MR imagingFrank T C Tschirch
Department of Radiology, Orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist, Forchstrasse 340, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:1431-6. 2003....
- Popliteal cysts in adults: a reviewJ R Handy
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA, USA
Semin Arthritis Rheum 31:108-18. 2001..METHODS: References were taken from MEDLINE from 1985 to 1998 under the subject "Popliteal Cyst" with subheadings of Radiography, Ultrasonography, and Radionuclide Imaging...
- Popliteal cystoscopic excisional debridement and removal of capsular fold of valvular mechanism of large recurrent popliteal cystSangHun Ko
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Ulsan, South Korea
Arthroscopy 20:37-44. 2004The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of cystoscopic excisional debridement and removal of unilateral flow of the capsular fold of valvular mechanism in the posteromedial corner of the recurrent popliteal cyst.
- Unusual lateral presentation of popliteal cyst: a case reportPunita Manik
Department of Anatomy, King George s Medical University, Lucknow 226 003 U P India
Nepal Med Coll J 8:284-5. 2006The commonest cyst to occur in the popliteal region is the popliteal cyst and over the past years it has received much clinical attention...
- Proximal dissection of a popliteal cyst with sciatic nerve compressionCatherine M Robertson
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, USA
Orthopedics 26:1231-2. 2003
- Lyme disease presenting as popliteal cyst in childrenTrevor H Magee
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 26:725-7. 2006..However, Lyme disease presenting as a popliteal cyst, with or without rupture, is rarely reported...
- Bilateral Baker's cystsTim Nicholls
Division of Infectious Diseases, Children s Hospital and Research Center at Oakland, Oakland, CA, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 22:837, 851-2. 2003
- Periarticular lesions detected on magnetic resonance imaging: prevalence in knees with and without symptomsCatherine L Hill
Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:2836-44. 2003..To evaluate, using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), the prevalence of periarticular lesions in older persons with or without knee pain, and to assess the association of these lesions with knee pain...
- Cystic adventitial disease of the popliteal arteryCharles J Fox
Peripheral Vascular Surgery Service, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:1351. 2004
- Baker's cysts in knees with chronic osteoarthritic pain: a clinical, ultrasonographic, radiographic and scintigraphic evaluationDimitrios Chatzopoulos
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Papageorgiou Hospital, and Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece
Rheumatol Int 29:141-6. 2008..Clinical and radiographic variables could not predict the presence of those cysts. Baker's cysts are a common ultrasonographic finding in knees with chronic osteoarthritic pain and are associated with synovial inflammation and its grade...
- Knee effusions, popliteal cysts, and synovial thickening: association with knee pain in osteoarthritisC L Hill
Boston University Arthritis Center, Boston, USA
J Rheumatol 28:1330-7. 2001..In those with knee symptoms, synovial thickening is uniquely associated with the severity of knee pain...
- The imaging spectrum of Baker's (Popliteal) cystsW C Torreggiani
The Department of Radiology, Vancouver General Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Clin Radiol 57:681-91. 2002....
- Osteochondromatosis of the popliteal bursaYassir El Andaloussi
Joint Bone Spine 73:219-20. 2006
- Proceeding of the meeting of The KBVR-SRBR Osteo-Articular section, Brussels, June 21, 2003. Cystic lesions around the kneeF M Vanhoenacker
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
JBR-BTR 86:302-4. 2003
- [The popliteal fossa: an unrecognized junction]Jacques Antoine Pfister
Hôpital Riviera, Site de Mottex, Blonay
Rev Med Suisse Romande 124:561-4. 2004..Actually, the Baker's cyst is in most cases secondary to a mechanical or inflammatory intraarticular knee problem; the treatment of this condition will cure the cyst that usually doesn't require any own treatment...
- Viscosupplementation pseudotumor. A case reportKevin B Jones
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:1113-9. 2005
- Valgus and varus deformity after wide-local excision, brachytherapy and external beam irradiation in two children with lower extremity synovial cell sarcoma: case reportDaniel T Fletcher
Division of Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale Street, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
BMC Cancer 4:57. 2004..Wide-local excision combined with radiation therapy is effective in achieving local tumor control with acceptable morbidity and good functional outcomes for most patients...
- MR arthrography of the knee: how, why, whenChristine B Chung
Department of Radiology, University of California San Diego and Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, 3350 La Jolla Village Drive, La Jolla, CA 92161, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 43:733-46, viii-ix. 2005..It is an elegant study that can offer precise diagnostic information in the appropriate clinical setting...
- An unusual cause of popliteal cystValerio Sansone
Orthopaedic Department of the University of Milano, Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milano, Italy
Arthroscopy 20:432-4. 2004We describe a surgical treatment for popliteal cyst in a 41-year-old woman affected by diffuse pigmented villonodular synovitis (PVNS) of the knee with extra-articular spreading...
- Compressive neuropathy of the tibial nerve and peroneal nerve by a Baker's cyst: case reportJong Hun Ji
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Daejeon St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Daejeon, Korea, 502 2, Daehung Dong, Joong ku, Daejeon 302 803, South Korea
Knee 14:249-52. 2007..We believe that Baker's cysts should also be considered in the differential diagnoses of patients who present with neuromuscular dysfunction in the calf and leg...
- [Ultrasonographic visualization of a Baker-cyst as cause of a peroneal nerve palsy in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis]K Mahlfeld
Orthopadische Klinik, Universitat, Magdeburg
Unfallchirurg 107:429-32. 2004With this report we present a patient with rheumatoid arthritis in whom a popliteal cyst could be diagnosed quickly and conclusively by ultrasonography as the possible reason for peroneal palsy...
- Bilateral adventitial cystic disease of the popliteal artery: a case reportWilliam R Ortiz M
Department of Radiology, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:306-10. 2006..In the present case report, we describe a case of bilateral ACD of the popliteal artery in a 58-year-old male. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of bilateral ACD of the popliteal artery reported in the literature...
- [Pain for many years--swelling in back of the knee for 1 week]Alexander Schuh
Research Unit Klinikum Neumarkt, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Nürnberger Strasse 12, D 92318 Neumarkt i d OPf
MMW Fortschr Med 150:5. 2008
- Osteoarthritis of the knee: association between clinical features and MR imaging findingsPeter R Kornaat
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, NL 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Radiology 239:811-7. 2006..To prospectively evaluate the association between clinical features and structural abnormalities found at magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) of the knee...
- Popliteal glomangioma mimicking Baker's cyst in a 9-year-old child: an unusual location of a glomus tumorHaluk H Oztekin
State Hospital, Karsiyaka, Izmir, Turkey
Arthroscopy 19:E19-23. 2003..In this study, I present a second case of glomus tumor located in the popliteal fossa and misdiagnosed as a Baker's cyst. I also review the "around-the-knee glomus tumors" that have been discussed in the literature to date...
- Two cases of tibial nerve compression caused by uncommon popliteal cystsValerio Sansone
Clinica Ortopedica dell Università di Milano, Divisione di Ortopedia, Ospedale San Raffaele, Milano, Italy
Arthroscopy 18:E8. 2002....
- Arthroscopic cystectomy for popliteal cysts through the posteromedial cystic portalJin Hwan Ahn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Arthroscopy 23:559.e1-4. 2007..The most important step is to locate the opening connection between the joint cavity and the popliteal cyst at the posteromedial compartment...
- [Prevalence and characteristics of complications of Baker cysts by MRI]E Mollá Olmos
Servicio de Resonancia Magnética y Tomografía Axial Computarizada, Universidad de Valencia
Rev Clin Esp 201:179-83. 2001..To evaluate the prevalence and describe the findings of complicated Baker cysts observed in a large series of knee MR studies...
- Atypical Baker's cyst as a presenting sign of osteomyelitis superimposed on avascular necrosis of the kneeC Garcia-Porrua
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:118. 2002
- [Treatment of chronic recurrent synovial fistula following radiosynoviorthesis: two case reports]C Y Choi
Klinik für Plastische, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 39:423-6. 2007..However both, radical debridement and plastic reconstruction by either a fasciocutaneous or a myocutaneous gastrocnemius flap were successful...
- [Popliteal (Baker's) cyst in a patient with tubercular arthritis. Report of a case and review of the literature]G Bianco
Divisione di III Clinica Medica, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, , Roma
Recenti Prog Med 92:663-6. 2001..An infected popliteal cyst is much less common; tuberculous arthritis is exceptional, in fact only four cases are described in literature...
- [Pseudo-thrombophlebitic syndrome secondary to spontaneous rupture of Baker's popliteal cyst]F Villalba Alcalá
Hospital de la Merced, Osuna, Sevilla, Espana
Aten Primaria 30:188-9. 2002
- Popliteal cysts in adults. Prevalence, associated intraarticular lesions, and results after arthroscopic treatmentStefan Rupp
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Saarland, Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Sports Med 30:112-5. 2002..One hundred patients without any knee complaints served as a control group. The diagnosis of a popliteal cyst was made on the basis of ultrasonography...
- [Baker's cysts in patients with gonarthrosis in early stages according to arthrosonography and magnetic resonance tomography]I E Bukina
Klin Med (Mosk) 80:27-30. 2002..6 and 60% of the joints. Both MRT and ASG revealed no correlations between the frequency of BC and clinical synovitis. Both methods more frequently detected popliteal cysts and BC in subclinical synovitis...
- What is the clinical and ethical importance of incidental abnormalities found by knee MRI?Rebecca Grainger
Department of Medicine, Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago, 23A Mein St, Newtown, Wellington South 6021, New Zealand
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R18. 2008..The prevalence of incidental, potentially clinically significant abnormalities identified by MRI and their clinical significance in a population undergoing knee MRI in research studies are unknown...
- "Intermittent claudication intermittence" as a manifestation of adventitial cystic disease communicating with the knee jointMarc P Buijsrogge
Department of Surgery, Isala Clinics, Weezenlanden, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Ann Vasc Surg 20:687-9. 2006..This unusual observation could shed more light on the debated etiology of the disease. Moreover, it emphasizes the importance of complete excision of the cyst along with the presenting anatomic connection with the knee joint...
- Cystic adventitial disease of the popliteal artery: an argument for the developmental theoryNikolaos Tsilimparis
Chirurgische Klinik Gefässmedizin, Franziskus Krankenhaus, Akademisches Lehrkrankenhaus der Charite Universitätsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
J Vasc Surg 45:1249-52. 2007..This case is the first, to our knowledge, in which a communication between joint and adventitia has been clearly documented by operative findings...
- [Synovial sarcoma in clinical practice--description of selected cases]R Przkora
Klinik und Poliklinik für Chirurgie, Klinikum der Universitat Regensburg
Zentralbl Chir 128:239-43. 2003..The primary tumor was initially misdiagnosed as Baker's cyst, causing a deep vein thrombosis. Histology: Angioinvasive synovial sarcoma (G II). Survival: 11 months...
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the peroneal nerve: case report and literature reviewDina El Demellawy
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada P7J 1A7
Ann Diagn Pathol 12:44-7. 2008..However, they are amenable to surgical cure with nerve-sparing surgery. Thus, despite their rarity, on dealing with neural S100 negative lesion, their inclusion is mandatory to avoid an unnecessary and a rather aggressive surgery...
- Nerve sheath ganglion of the tibial nerve presenting as a Baker's cyst: a case reportKuo Fung Tseng
Department of Orthopaedics, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 14:880-4. 2006..We present here a rare case of nerve sheath ganglion of the tibial nerve. Clinical courses of the patient were reviewed, and relevant issues were discussed with a thorough literature review...
- Cystic adventitial disease: a trap for the unwaryK Cassar
Vascular Unit, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen AB24 2ZN, Scotland, UK
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:93-6. 2005..The clinician is also warned of the associated misleading clinical features such as the presence of normal peripheral pulses and normal ankle pressures in some cases of CAD...
- [Recurrence of Baker's cysts with regard to operation procedure and intraarticular pathology]T Kruger
Klinik und Poliklinik für Orthopädie und Physikalische Medizin der Martin Luther Universität Halle Wittenberg, Germany
Zentralbl Chir 127:905-8. 2002..Especially in cases with intraarticular pathological symptoms arthroscopy should precede each cyst exstirpation. With regard to the frequency of recurrence, the patients' expectation should be preoperatively objectified...
- [Imaging of painful calf in athletes]C Courthaliac
Cabinet de Radiologie, 41, avenue de Grande Bretagne, 63000 Clermont Ferrand
J Radiol 88:200-8. 2007..The contribution of the different imaging modalities will be discussed, with particular attention paid to muscular lesions. A few of the more unusual causes will be discussed...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of pes anserinus tendino-bursitis in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusZeliha Unlu
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Celal Bayar University, Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey
J Rheumatol 30:352-4. 2003....
- Unsuspected lower extremity deep venous thrombosis simulating musculoskeletal pathologyAntoni J Parellada
DII Diagnostic Imaging, Inc, Department of Radiology, Frankford Hospitals, Torresdale Campus, Red Lion and Knights Roads, Philadelphia, PA 19114, USA
Skeletal Radiol 35:659-64. 2006....
- [Diagnosis of synovial sarcoma of the knee accidentally revealed by trauma. Role of ultrasound. Differential diagnosis by scar-hematoma]Antonella Russo
Pronto Soccorso Chirurgico, ASL Roma G, Presidio ospedaliero Leopoldo Parodi Delfino Colleferro, Roma
Ann Ital Chir 80:151-7. 2009....
- Symptomatic loose bodies of the knee located in a popliteal cystJohn M Froelich
Division of Orthopedics, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Orthopedics 32:918. 2009..a single case of a loose body intermittently traveling between the intracapsular space and an extracapsular popliteal cyst. This article describes a similar event involving a 22-year-old man...
- Characterization of musculoskeletal lesions on 3-T proton MR spectroscopyLaura M Fayad
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 601 N Caroline St, JHOC 3171C, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:1513-20. 2007..The purpose of our study was to determine the feasibility and value of proton MR spectroscopy at 3 T for characterizing musculoskeletal tumors...
- Is it worth diagnosing and treating distal deep vein thrombosis? NoM Righini
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
J Thromb Haemost 5:55-9. 2007..Admittedly, performing calf CUS is highly useful in diagnosing other conditions such as popliteal cyst, hematoma or muscle rupture...
- [Popliteal aneurysm simulating a Baker's cyst in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis: a case presentation]Concepción Chalmeta Verdejo
Servicio de Reumatología Hospital Universitario Dr Peset, Valencia, Espana
Reumatol Clin 7:137-8. 2011..These lesions are rarer and may easily be misinterpreted as cysts. We show a man with rheumatoid arthritis who is presenting a palpable mass in the popliteal fossa. Ultrasonography examination demostrated a popliteal artery aneurysms...
- [Recurrent Baker's cyst]C Stöckli
Rheumaklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 100:927-30. 2011A 50-year old female patient with unilateral knee pain demonstrated a recurrent ultrasound-proven popliteal cyst (Baker's cyst)...
- Wear debris pseudotumor following total knee arthroplasty: a case reportAndreas F Mavrogenis
First Department of Orthopaedics, Attikon University General Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
J Med Case Reports 3:9304. 2009..In patients who have undergone a total joint replacement, any mass occurring in or adjacent to the joint needs thorough investigation and a wear debris-induced cyst should be suspected...
- [A construction worker with acute knee pain]Sven Ross Mathisen
Oslo Karkirurgiske Senter, Aker universitetssykehus, 0514 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 126:1488-9. 2006..Out of all peripheral arterial aneurysms, 70% are located in the popliteal artery; less than 4% of these rupture. Ruptured popliteal aneurysms may be mistaken for deep venous thrombosis...
- A case with recurrent calf pain and swelling: recurrent spontaneous calf haematomaServet Akar
Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 21:247-9. 2002..diagnosis of unilateral calf swelling and pain includes deep venous thrombosis, haematoma, ruptured popliteal cyst, infection, lymph oedema, and sarcoma...
- Is sarcoma a complication of arterial femoro-popliteal bypass?Gaëtane Nocturne
Department of Rheumatology, Saint Antoine Hospital, AP HP, 75012 Paris, France
Joint Bone Spine 77:358-60. 2010..The initial presentation looked like a painful popliteal cyst. Chronic fibrosis secondary to the thrombosis could play a role in the tumorogenesis of this uncommon tumor...
- Subcutaneous hydatid cyst in the popliteal fossa at the site of a previous wasp stingIstvan Battyany
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Diagn Interv Radiol 17:163-5. 2011..However, the most common path of Echinococcus granulosus infection is through contact with a definitive host or by ingestion of ova through contaminated water or food. Transmission by insects should also be reconsidered in endemic areas...
- Pseudotumor in a well-fixed metal-on-polyethylene uncemented hip arthroplastyXinzhan Mao
Department of Orthopaedics, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, China
J Arthroplasty 27:493.e13-7. 2012..This complication is not exclusive to these patients. We report a case of pseudotumor formation secondary to femoral head-neck corrosion after a metal-on-polyethylene uncemented total hip arthroplasty...
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis presenting as a baker cystRick Tosti
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 40:528-31. 2011..Occasionally, PVNS presents as a popliteal cyst, which may divert attention from intra-articular pathology...
- MRI of suspected lower extremity musculoskeletal infection in the pediatric patient: how useful is bilateral imaging?Zeyad A Metwalli
Department of Radiology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, MS 360, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 201:427-32. 2013....
- [Giant Baker's cyst treated with intralessional methotrexate]Fritz Hofmann-González
Departamento de Radiología e Imagen Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Médicas y Nutrición Salvador Zubirán, Mexico D F, Mexico
Cir Cir 81:64-8. 2013..Baker's cyst prevalence ranges from 5 - 38%. Clinical diagnosis is supported by the presence of increased volume of soft tissues located in the popliteal region...
- Natural history of popliteal cysts in the pediatric populationRyuichiro Akagi
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chiba Children s Hospital, Chiba, Japan
J Pediatr Orthop 33:262-8. 2013..In this retrospective study, we reviewed records of patients with popliteal cysts to investigate the natural history of this disease...
- [Treatment of popliteal cyst by arthroscopy in 20 cases]Sheng Wang
Department of Orthopaedics, Jiaxing TCM Hospital, Jiaxing 314001, Zhejiang, China
Zhongguo Gu Shang 25:447-50. 2012To explore the treatment methods and the effects of popliteal cyst with arthroscopy.
- Clinical results of direct arthroscopic excision of popliteal cyst using a posteromedial portalJin Ho Cho
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Ilsan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, Goyang, Korea
Knee Surg Relat Res 24:235-40. 2012To evaluate the efficacy of the direct arthroscopic excision of a popliteal cyst without additional skin incision using a posteromedial portal based on minimum 2 year follow-up clinical results.
- Baker cyst as seen on a PET/CT scanSanjeev Bagga
Department of Radiology, Tufts New England Medical Centre, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Nucl Med 33:64-5. 2008..A presumptive diagnosis of Baker cyst was suggested. Review of her previous MRI report performed at another hospital corroborated this finding...
- Selected cases of arthroscopic treatment of popliteal cyst with associated intra-articular knee disorders primary reportKonrad Malinowski
Klinika Ortopedii i Ortopedii Dzieciecej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi
Ortop Traumatol Rehabil 13:573-82. 2011..We hypothesized that removal of popliteal cyst and associated pathology will provide improvement in function, pain of operated knee and patient satisfaction.
- Sclerotherapy of Baker's cyst with imaging confirmation of resolutionChristopher J Centeno
The Centeno Schultz Clinic Westminster, CO, USA
Pain Physician 11:257-61. 2008..Baker's cysts are commonly encountered in pain management practices...
- Laboratory and sonographic findings in dialyzed patients with bilateral chronic knee pain versus dialyzed asymptomatic patientsIgor Barisic
Clinical Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Split, School of Medicine, University of Split, Split, Croatia
Coll Antropol 31:489-94. 2007..That suggests that inflammatory mechanisms developing from beta2-microglobulin accumulation could be important factor in bilateral knee pain in dialyzed patients even in shorter duration dialysis...
- [Acute compartment syndrome of the lower leg due to knee arthroscopy]T Mendel
Klinik fur Unfall und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, BG Kliniken Bergmannstrost, Halle Saale, Deutschland
Orthopade 40:925-8. 2011..Retrospectively, an accumulation of irrigation fluid passing through a popliteal cyst into the superficial flexor compartment must be suspected...
- Ultrasound imaging for the rheumatologist XXVI. Sonographic assessment of the knee in patients with psoriatic arthritisA Delle Sedie
Unità Operativa di Reumatologia, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:147-52. 2010..Enthesitis was present in 39.7% of the subjects studied. This study demonstrated that US detected a higher number of inflamed knee joints and enthesis with respect to clinical assessment in PsA patients...
- Recurrent popliteal cyst in an adult: a case report and reviewKatherine R Newsham
Athletic Training University of Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Orthop Nurs 28:11-4; quiz 15-6. 2009..focused on amelioration of intra-articular derangements and the communication between the knee and the popliteal cyst results in cyst recurrence of less than 5%...
- Recurrent cystic adventitial disease of the popliteal artery: successful treatment with percutaneous transluminal angioplastyIsmaeel M Maged
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 43:399-402. 2009..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first case of successful PTA for the treatment of recurrent CAD of the popliteal artery...
- Popliteal cystic adventitial disease causing intermittent claudication in a young athlete: a case reportParitosh Sharma
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Royal London Hospital, Barts and The London NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
South Med J 101:1154-6. 2008..Here, we present the case of a young athlete with popliteal cystic adventitial disease and discuss available treatment options...
- Popliteal artery pseudoaneurysm after arthroscopic cystectomy of a popliteal cystVenkatesh Kp
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Arthroscopy 25:1054-7. 2009A case of popliteal artery aneurysm after arthroscopic cystectomy of a popliteal cyst is an uncommon complication, and no case has been reported...
- Ultrasound Imaging for the rheumatologist XXVII. Sonographic assessment of the knee in patients with rheumatoid arthritisLucrezia Riente
Unità Operativa di Reumatologia, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 28:300-3. 2010..The popliteal fossa and the calf region were also evacuate to detect popliteal cyst. We observed joint effusion in 140 out of 200 (70%) knees...
- Sclerotherapy for Baker's CystFelix Linetsky
Pain Physician 11:375-6. 2008
- Detecting Baker's cyst: venous duplex scanning in ambulatory settingAljosa Matejcic
University Department of Surgery, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Clin Croat 49:49-53. 2010b>Popliteal cyst, also called Baker's cyst, is a popliteal fossa enlargement filled with synovial fluid...
- Associations of anatomical measures from MRI with radiographically defined knee osteoarthritis score, pain, and physical functioningMaryFran Sowers
Department of Epidemiology, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:241-51. 2011....
- Arthroscopic treatment of popliteal cystChester W H Lie
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 17:180-3. 2011..To review the results of arthroscopic treatment of popliteal cysts in our centre and analyse outcomes including complications...
- Doppler ultrasonography and exercise testing in diagnosing a popliteal artery adventitial cystMaurizio Taurino
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, II Medical School, S, Andrea Hospital, Roma, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 7:23. 2009..To guarantee this professional sportsman a reliable and durable outcome, instead of less aggressive management, we resected the involved arterial segment and interposed an autologous saphenous-vein graft...
- Arthroscopic all-inside suture of symptomatic Baker's cysts: a technical option for surgical treatment in adultsVittorio Calvisi
Cattedra di Malattie dell Apparato Locomotore, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi dell Aquila, Piazzale Salvatore Tommasi 1, 67010, Coppito, L Aquila, Italy
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 15:1452-60. 2007..We believe the availability of multiple arthroscopic techniques to treat symptomatic Baker's cysts could broaden the therapeutic armamentarium of knee arthroscopists...
- Pigmented villonodular synovitis of the knee presenting as a popliteal cystH Tatari
Departments of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Pathology, and Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
Arthroscopy 16:13. 2000..A case of pigmented villonodular synovitis of the knee in a 60-year-old man, with an intra-articular origin extending extra-articularly, is presented. The interesting point is that the initial diagnosis was a Baker cyst...
- Differential diagnosis of calf pain with musculoskeletal ultrasound imagingD Kane
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, University Department of Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 63:11-4. 2004
- Mycobacterium malmoense infection of the kneeR Callaghan
Rheumatology Department, Walsgrave Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road, Coventry CV2 2DX, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 62:1047-8. 2003
- Ultrasonography is superior to clinical examination in the detection and localization of knee joint effusion in rheumatoid arthritisDavid Kane
Centre for Rheumatic Diseases, University Department of Medicine, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Scotland, UK
J Rheumatol 30:966-71. 2003....
- Minor Poland's syndrome mimicking localized lipoatrophyH Serhat Inaloz
J Dermatol 29:815-7. 2002
- Dissecting a popliteal cyst after failed unicompartmental knee arthroplastyKotaro Yamakado
Department of Orthopaedics, Kahoku Central Hospital, Kahoku gun, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
Arthroscopy 18:1024-8. 2002This report documents the first case of a popliteal cyst in a knee with failed unicompartmental knee arthroplasty (UKA)...
- Dissecting popliteal cyst resulting from a fragmented, dislodged metal part of the patellar component after total knee arthroplastyWei Hsiu Hsu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Arthroplasty 17:792-7. 2002Dissecting popliteal cyst is an uncommon complication after total knee arthroplasty, occurring mainly as a result of either rheumatoid arthritis or a malfunctioning knee prosthesis...
- Evaluation of the knee pathology by ultrasonographyS Kalke
Rheumatology Division, PD Hinduja National Hospital and Medical Research Centre
J Assoc Physicians India 46:623-4. 1998..USG and surgical findings matched for synovial pathology in 57%, for presence fluid in 71% and for cartilage damage in 45%. Loose bodies and cyst present in one patient was not picked up by USG. Baker's cyst was detected in one patient...
- [Periarticular pathology of the hip]Hervé Bard
Service de médecine interne Pr B Patri Hôpital européen Georges Pompidou 75908 Paris
Rev Prat 52:627-31. 2002..Iliopsoas bursitis, which has some analogy with the popliteal cyst, is often underrecognized, like ischial bursitis and tendinopathy.
- Pseudothrombophlebitis in a patient with Behçet's syndrome: Doppler ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging findingsS Ozgocmen
Department of Physical Medicine, Firat University, Faculty of Medicine, Elazig, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 21:60-2. 2002..diagnosis of Behçet's syndrome (BS), presented with pseudothrombophlebitis resulting from acute rupture of a popliteal cyst. Doppler ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging findings are explained...
- [Rheumatologic manifestations of Behcet's disease: report of 309 cases]C B Taarit
, , boulevard 9-Avril, 1006 BS Tunis, Tunisie
Rev Med Interne 22:1049-55. 2001..5 and 19.8%. Sacroiliitis is observed in 6%. Unusual forms included destructive polyarthritis (two cases), popliteal cyst (two cases), myositis (two cases) and ankylosing spondylitis (two cases)...
- Intraneural ganglion of the peroneal nerve: importance of timely diagnosisJ Lowenstein
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Am J Orthop 30:816-9. 2001..This case report illustrates the importance of timely diagnosis when treating a ganglion of the peroneal nerve and reviews the appropriate workup, differential diagnosis, and treatment...
- [Long-term results after excision of a popliteal cyst]S Rupp
Orthopädische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitat des Saarlandes, 66421 Homburg Saar
Unfallchirurg 104:847-51. 2001The objective was to evaluate long term results after removal of a popliteal cyst with special focus on recurrence rate and associated intraarticular pathology...
- Power Doppler sonography in knee arthritis--a pilot studyF Giovagnorio
Cattedra di Radiologia R, DICMI, Universita, Genoa, Italy
Rheumatol Int 20:101-4. 2001..039), hemoglobinemia (P = 0.009), and sideremia (P = 0.012). Power Doppler sonography is able to demonstrate synovial hyperemia, which is correlated with some laboratory indices of inflammation...
- Ruptured septic popliteal cyst associated with psoriatic arthritisRobert Z Tashjian
Department of Orthopedics, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Orthopedics 27:231-3. 2004
- SWAN Sleep Study II - Michigan CenterMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results can inform primary prevention of adverse health outcomes due to the menopause-related sleep disturbances. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2007..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- SWAN REPOSITORYMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..
- Change in Bone, Arthritis, Function: Hormones & ObesityMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- FUNCTIONAL STATUS AND THE MENOPAUSAL TRANSITIONMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2004..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men (NCHS, 1997). ..
- Sleep During the Perimenopause in a Multi-Ethnic CohortMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2005..All sleep study data, as well as relevant data from the Core SWAN study, will be merged and analyzed by the Michigan site. The Chicago and UC Davis PIs will co-chair the Sleep Study Steering Committee. ..
- Estrogen, Metabolism, Menopause, and Health OutcomesMaryFran Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2006..This is a unique opportunity to prospectively integrate lifestyle elements with measures of hormone metabolism pathways into a comprehensive examination of multiple human health effects. ..
- Functional Status and the Menopause TransitionMaryFran R Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2010..Among the elderly, older women live longer, develop more chronic disease and experience more prolonged and severe disability than older men. ..