Summary: Cystic mass containing lymph from diseased lymphatic channels or following surgical trauma or other injury.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Intraperitoneal catheter drainage of lymphocele: an outpatient procedureDai D Nghiem
Department of Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Transpl Int 18:721-3. 2005Laparoscopic marsupialization of lymphocele carries 13% recurrence rate, 6% injury to other organs, 12% omentoplasty, 6% open conversion and 1.8 average hospital days...
- Sclerosis of postoperative lymphoceles: avoidance of prolonged catheter drainage with use of a fibrin sealantAnne M Silas
Division of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1791-5. 2006..To review experience with fibrin-based tissue sealant sclerosis of postsurgical lymphoceles at a single institution...
- Laparoscopic fenestration of posttransplant lymphocelesC Doehn
Department of Urology, University of Luebeck Medical School, Ratzeburger Allee 160, 23538 Luebeck, Germany
Surg Endosc 16:690-5. 2002A lymphocele is a common finding after renal transplantation and occurs in up to 20% of patients. The majority of patients are asymptomatic. However, once a lymphocele has become symptomatic (e.g...
- Radiologic imaging and percutaneous treatment of pelvic lymphoceleMusturay Karcaaltincaba
Department of Radiology, Division of Abdominal and Interventional Radiology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara 06100, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 55:340-54. 2005Pelvic lymphocele, also known as lymphocyst, is a cystic structure caused by lymphatic injury usually secondary to pelvic lymphadenectomy and renal transplantation...
- Simple one-step catheter placement for the treatment of infected lymphoceleHitoshi Kurata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Niigata University Niigata, Asahimachi dori 1 757, 951 8510, Niigata, Japan
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 106:69-71. 2003A pelvic lymphocele is a cystic collection of lymph fluid in the pelvis following pelvic lymphadenectomy...
- Incidence, therapy, and consequences of lymphocele after sirolimus-cyclosporine-prednisone immunosuppression in renal transplant recipientsRobert M Langer
The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Department of Surgery, Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Transplantation 74:804-8. 2002..In a retrospective study we sought to dissect the factors associated with an increased occurrence of clinically significant perinephric fluid collections and lymphoceles among sirolimus-treated renal transplant recipients...
- Complications of pelvic lymphadenectomy in 1,380 patients undergoing radical retropubic prostatectomy between 1993 and 2006Michael Musch
Department of Urology, Pediatric Urology and Urologic Oncology, Kliniken Essen Mitte, Essen, Germany
J Urol 179:923-8; discussion 928-9. 2008..In particular the influence of the extent of pelvic lymphadenectomy and of other possible risk factors on the complication rate was examined...
- Lymphocele prevention after pelvic laparoscopic lymphadenectomy by a collagen patch coated with human coagulation factors: a matched case-control studyAndrea Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 23:956-63. 2013....
- Prevention of lymphocele in female pelvic lymphadenectomy by a collagen patch coated with the human coagulation factors: a pilot studyAndrea Tinelli
Division of Experimental Endoscopic Surgery, Imaging, Minimally Invasive Therapy and Technology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
J Surg Oncol 105:835-40. 2012..The prevention of lymphoceles was tested using collagen patch coated with the human coagulation factors (TachoSil) on 58 consecutive patients with endometrial cancer who had undergone hysterectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy (PL)...
- Instillation of povidone iodine to treat lymphocele and leak of lymph after renal transplantationAfshar Zomorrodi
Imam Teaching Hospital, Tabriz, Iran
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 18:621-4. 2007..After one week of instillation, all lymph leaks were completely blocked. Furthermore, nine (90%) cases of lymphocele resolved after 15 days of therapy...
- Symptomatic lymphocele after kidney transplantation: a single-center experienceMohammad Ali Zargar-Shoshtari
Shaheed Hasheminejad Kidney Transplantation Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:34-6. 2008In a retrospective study, we evaluated the frequency, clinical presentation, and management of lymphocele in kidney transplant recipients operated on in a single center.
- Postoperative pelvic lymphocele: treatment with simple percutaneous catheter drainageJ K Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Chonnam University Medical School, Dongku, Kwangju, South Korea
Radiology 212:390-4. 1999To evaluate the effectiveness of simple percutaneous catheter drainage in the treatment of postoperative lymphocele.
- Management of urinary tract infections and lymphocele in renal transplant recipientsP Munoz
Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases Department, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 33:S53-7. 2001..The incidence of lymphocele after renal transplantation varies, and its treatment is still controversial. Management options are discussed.
- Laparoscopic peritoneal drainage of symptomatic lymphoceles after pelvic lymph node dissection using methylene blue instillationZoltan Varga
Department of Urology, Philipps University Medical School, Marburg, Germany
Urol Int 76:335-8. 2006..We report the results of a simplified laparoscopic approach to drain lymphoceles after radical prostatectomy plus pelvic lymphadenectomy using methylene blue instillation...
- Reduction in incidence of lymphocele following extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection by bilateral peritoneal fenestrationJens Uwe Stolzenburg
Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstrasse 20, 04103, Leipzig, Germany
World J Urol 26:581-6. 2008In our series of 1,900 endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomies (EERPE) the incidence of symptomatic lymphocele following simultaneous pelvic lymph node dissection (PLND) is between 3 and 14% depending on the extent of lymph ..
- Diagnostics and therapy of lymphoceles after kidney transplantationA Hamza
Department of Urology and Transplant Center of the Martin Luther University, Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Transplant Proc 38:701-6. 2006b>Lymphocele incidence after kidney transplantation is as high as 18%...
- Predictors of symptomatic lymphocele after lymph node excision and radical prostatectomyAngelo Naselli
Urology Unit, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Urology 75:630-5. 2010To identify the prognostic factors of symptomatic lymphocele.
- Lymphocele: the spectrum of scintigraphic findings in lymphoceles associated with renal transplantE J Fortenbery
Nuclear Medicine Service, Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045 5001
J Nucl Med 31:1627-31. 1990b>Lymphocele is a well recognized complication of renal transplant surgery...
- The incidence and treatment of lymphoceles after radical retropubic prostatectomyRuth J Pepper
Department of Urology, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
BJU Int 95:772-5. 2005..To determine the incidence and treatment of lymphoceles after retropubic radical prostatectomy (RP)...
- Delayed infection of a pelvic lymphocele following robotic radical prostatectomy and pelvic lymphadenectomy: two casesMathias Tremp
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Urol Int 83:479-81. 2009Pelvic lymphocele is an infrequent complication of pelvic surgery, usually presenting shortly after surgery...
- Assessment of lymphocele incidence following 450 renal transplantationsVictor T Dubeaux
Section of Urology, Clementino Fraga Filho University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 30:18-21. 2004To determine the incidence of lymphocele in the follow-up of patients who underwent renal transplantation, as well as potential factors responsible or associated to its development.
- Minimally invasive methods for the treatment of lymphocele after kidney transplantationI Iwan-Zietek
Department of Pathophysiology Medical College of UMK, Torun, Poland
Transplant Proc 41:3073-6. 2009One common complication after kidney transplantation is a lymphocele. The aim of our work was an analysis of incidence of lymphocele and the effectiveness of minimal invasive methods in the management of this complication.
- Management of primary symptomatic lymphocele after kidney transplantation: a systematic reviewAnia Lucewicz
Discipline of Surgery, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Transplantation 92:663-73. 2011Management of lymphoceles after kidney transplantation is highly variable. The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the different approaches of lymphocele management among kidney transplant recipients.
- Scintigraphic patterns of lymphocele in post-renal transplantR Kumar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Nucl Med Commun 24:531-5. 2003b>Lymphocele is a common cause of fluid collection in post-renal transplant patients. Most of these patients are routinely followed up with 99mTc diethylenetriaminepentaacetate renal dynamic scintigraphy...
- Bilateral pelvic urinomas following ureteral injury from surgery: lymphocele look-alikes on computed tomographyGabriela Gayer
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zrifin, 70300, Israel
Emerg Radiol 11:167-9. 2005..We want to emphasize the crucial role of CT, especially with delayed scanning, in reaching this diagnosis...
- [The influence of different wound drainage systems in radical retropubic prostatectomy--a prospective randomized study]R Paul
Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik der Technischen Universität München, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Aktuelle Urol 35:413-7. 2004..Wound drainage after radical prostatectomy is used to reduce postoperative hematomas and lymphoceles and to drain any leakage at the vesicourethral anastomosis. We evaluated two different suction-drainage systems regarding their efficacy...
- [BK virus infection in a pediatric renal transplant recipient]R Bonaventura
Servicio de Neurovirosis, Dpto Virología, INEI, ANLIS, Dr C Malbrin, Av Velez Sarsfield 563 1281 Capital Federal
Rev Argent Microbiol 37:153-5. 2005..Blood, urine, renal biopsy and lymphocele liquid samples were analyzed...
- Laparoscopic fenestration of posttransplant lymphoceles in childrenBarbara Gómez Dammeier
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 39:1230-2. 2004..Whereas the frequency, pathogenesis, diagnosis, and treatment of lymphoceles has been well described in adult patients, no data are available for the pediatric age group...
- Percutaneous transcatheter ethanol sclerotherapy and catheter drainage of postoperative pelvic lymphocelesOkan Akhan
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, 06100 Ankara, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:237-40. 2007..and long-term results of percutaneous transcatheter ethanol sclerotherapy (PTES) for postoperative pelvic lymphocele treatment. Fifty-two patients who were referred for lymphocele treatment were included in this study...
- Surgical complications after renal transplantationA P Hewageegana
Ceylon Med J 51:153-4. 2006
- Treatment of recurrent symptomatic lymphocele after kidney transplantation with intraperitoneal Tenckhoff catheterGian Luigi Adani
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, Udine University School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Urology 70:659-61. 2007The incidence of lymphocele after kidney transplantation ranges from 0.6% to 16%. The management of lymphocele is still controversial...
- Did volume of lymphocele after kidney transplantation determine the choice of treatment modality?R Krol
Department of General, Vascular and Transplant Surgery, Katowice, Poland
Transplant Proc 39:2740-3. 2007b>Lymphocele is a lymph collection that forms after surgery following injury to lymph nodes and vessels...
- A randomized long-term trial of tacrolimus/sirolimus versus tacrolimus/mycophenolate mofetil versus cyclosporine (NEORAL)/sirolimus in renal transplantation. II. Survival, function, and protocol compliance at 1 yearGaetano Ciancio
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Transplantation 77:252-8. 2004..Adjunctive Siro therapy with a similar dose reduction algorithm for Neoral (Neo) was included for comparison...
- Percutaneous drainage of perirenal abscess after kidney transplantation: a 4-year experienceH Ahmadnia
Ghaem Medical Center, Ghaem Medical Centre, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Transplant Proc 35:2670-1. 2003
- Major postoperative complications of renal transplantation: results from a single center in TurkeyH Karakayah
Department of General Surgery and Transplantation, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 35:2657-9. 2003
- The role of interventional radiology in the management of kidney transplant complicationsGianpaolo Carrafiello
Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Varese
Radiol Med 110:249-61. 2005..To evaluate the role and the effectiveness of interventional radiology in the treatment of renal transplant complications...
- Does opening the peritoneum at the time of renal transplanation prevent lymphocele formation?R E Layman
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53208, USA
Transplant Proc 38:3524-6. 2006The occurrence of lymphocele formation following renal transplantation is variable, and the optimal approach to treatment remains undefined...
- [Surgical complications in kidney transplantation]G Karam
Clinique Urologique, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Place Alexis Ricordeau, 44093 Nantes Cedex, France
Ann Urol (Paris) 41:261-75. 2007..The accurate diagnosis and the appropriate management of these complications are the most important tasks for the surgical team. This review is based upon our experience in kidney transplantation and upon the medical published data...
- Primary retroperitoneal lymphocele in a pregnant woman: the first reportTetsuhiro Ikeda
Department of Urology, Ehime University School of Medicine, Toon City, Ehime, Japan
Int J Urol 13:445-6. 2006..Four months following the delivery, a recurrent retroperitoneal lymphocele was identified...
- Post-transplant lymphocele: an unusual cause of acute urinary retention mimicking urethral injuryEu Chang Hwang
Department of Urology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
Int J Urol 13:468-70. 2006..However, lymphocele rarely causes acute urinary retention...
- Lymphocele after renal transplantation: the influence of the immunosuppressive therapyV Tondolo
Department of Surgery, Organ Transplantation, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 38:1051-2. 2006b>Lymphocele is a complication of renal transplantation, representing a lymphatic collection around the grafted kidney...
- Effect of nutritional state on postoperative axillary leakage after axillary lymph node dissection in a new rat modelYuko Kijima
Department of Surgical Oncology, Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890 8520, Japan
Surg Today 35:295-9. 2005..We conducted this study to establish an experimental model of axillary leakage after ALD; to evaluate axillary leakage in different nutritional states; and to examine the effects of dietary management on axillary leakage...
- [Surgical treatment in complications of renal transplantation]M Nikolovski
Khirurgiia (Sofiia) 60:26-32. 2004..Urgent surgical interventions lead to rapid recovery of graft function, eradication of the infection, amelioration of blood flow, and improved graft survival...
- Surgical complications after renal transplantation in grafts with multiple arteriesEduardo Mazzucchi
Renal Transplantation Unit, Division of Urology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Int Braz J Urol 31:125-30. 2005..This study compared the surgical complications and short-term outcome renal transplants with multiple arteries and single artery grafts...
- [Surgical complications after kidney transplantation]A Risaliti
Unita Trapianti, Clinica Chirurgica dell Universita degli Studi di Udine, P U G D
G Ital Nefrol 21:S43-7. 2004..Surgical complications still represent a challenge that increments morbidity and mortality among kidney transplant recipients. Data shown may offer some guidance on how to deal with early and late post-transplant surgical complications...
- Graft loss due to percutaneous sclerotherapy of a lymphocele using acetic acid after renal transplantationGian Luigi Adani
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University School of Medicine, Udine, Italy
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:836-8. 2005..Those approaches can be associated, and they depend on type, dimension, and localization of the lymphocele. Percutaneous sclerotherapy is considered to be less invasive than the surgical approach; it can be used safely ..
- Laparoscopic treatment of post renal transplant lymphocelesS H Bailey
Department of Surgery, University of Utah, 30 North 1900 East, 3B 322 School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Surg Endosc 17:1896-9. 2003Traditionally, a post transplant lymphocele (PTL) is drained by widely opening the wall connecting the lymphocele cavity to the intraperitoneal space via laparotomy...
- Povidone-iodine instillation for management of pelvic lymphocele after pelvic lymphadenectomy for staging prostate cancerG H Sun
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, National Defense University, No 325, Section 2 Cheng Gung Road, Neihu 114, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Androl 49:463-6. 2003..It is a well-described complication of kidney transplantation. A patient who developed a symptomatic pelvic lymphocele after pelvic lymph node dissection for staging prostatic cancer was treated with percutaneous tube drainage, but ..
- Diabetes mellitus after renal transplantation under tacrolimus-based immunosuppressionA Suga
Section of Urology, Yamaguchi Red Cross Hospital, Yamaguchi, Japan
Transplant Proc 35:263-5. 2003
- Low molecular weight heparin prophylaxis increases the incidence of lymphocele after kidney transplantationChrister Lundin
Department of Surgery, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Ups J Med Sci 107:9-15. 2002b>Lymphocele formation after kidney transplantation has become more frequent at our department after the introduction of routine thromboembolic prophylaxis with low molecular weight heparin (LMWH)...
- Randomised trial of drains versus no drains following radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection: a European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Gynaecological Cancer Group (EORTC-GCG) study in 234 patientsM Franchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Verona, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:1265-8. 2007..It was concluded that drains can be safely omitted following radical hysterectomy and pelvic node dissection without pelvic reperitonisation in patients without excessive bleeding during or oozing at the end of surgery...
- Impact of donor kidney recovery method on lymphatic complications in kidney transplantationR F Saidi
Transplant Center, Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02214, USA
Transplant Proc 40:1054-5. 2008Prolonged lymphatic drainage and lymphocele are undesirable complications following kidney transplantation...
- Nephrotoxic acute renal failure in a renal transplant patient with recurrent lymphocele treated with povidone-iodine irrigationRoberto C Manfro
Renal Transplant Unit, Division of Nephrology, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul School of Medicine, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Am J Kidney Dis 40:655-7. 2002..A renal biopsy was performed, and intense acute tubular necrosis was the only relevant finding. The lymphocele was corrected surgically, and the patient eventually recovered...
- [The role of inguinal lymphadenectomy in epidermoid carcinoma of the penis. Use of Ligasure and analysis of the results]Francisco Javier Gallo Rolania
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital de Leon, Leon, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 55:535-8. 2002..To compare the morbidity of conventional inguinal lymphadenectomy for epidermoid carcinoma of the penis using ligation versus ultrasonic sealing of the lymph nodes with Ligasure...
- Urological complications in pediatric renal transplantationJ E Nuininga
Department of Urology, University Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 39:598-602. 2001..Sometimes, early intervention can be undertaken with the possibility of saving graft function and reducing morbidity...
- Transperitoneal guide-wire or drainage catheter placement for guidance of laparoscopic marsupialization of lymphocoeles post renal transplantationM L Tie
Department of Radiology, North Western Adelaide Health Service, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Campus, Woodville, Adelaide, South Australia 5011, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 16:1038-41. 2001..Its use is limited to sterile and benign lesions due to the risks of peritoneal seeding, making recurrent post-operative lymphocoeles ideally suited for this application...
- Laparoscopic marsupialization of pelvic lymphocele under transvaginal ultrasonographic guidanceKeiko Mekaru
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:498-501. 2008Lymphocyst formation is a common complication of pelvic lymphadenectomy. We treated a 54-year-old woman with lymphocele by laparoscopic marsupialization...
- Povidone-iodine in the treatment of lymphatic fistulae in renal transplant recipientsS Guleria
Department of Surgery and Nephrology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Transplant Proc 35:327-8. 2003
- The role of interventional radiology in management of patients with end-stage renal diseaseM Surlan
Department of Clinical Radiology, University Hospital, Zaloska 2, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Eur J Radiol 46:96-114. 2003..Interventional treatment consists of percutaneous nephrostomy, balloon dilation, insertion of the double J stents, metallic stent placement and external drainage of the extrarenal collections...
- [Deep vein thrombosis caused by pelvic lymphocyst following radical prostatectomy: a case report]Naoaki Hirabayashi
Department of Cardiology, The Independent Administrative Institution, National Hospital Organization, Nagano
J Cardiol 45:263-7. 2005..A lymphocyst, also known as a lymphocele, is a complication of radical pelvic surgery...
- Sirolimus does not increase the risk for postoperative thromboembolic events among renal transplant recipientsRobert M Langer
Department of Transplantation and Surgery, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Transplantation 76:318-23. 2003....
- Laparoscopic drainage of lymphocele after kidney transplantJosé Maria Garay
Department of Surgery, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico City, Mexico
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 13:127-9. 2003b>Lymphocele can develop after renal transplantation. Surgical internal drainage to the abdominal cavity through a standard laparotomy is indicated for symptomatic persistent lesions. Internal drainage can be performed laparoscopically...
- Management of lymphoceles after renal transplantation: laparoscopic versus open drainageT Florian Fuller
Department of Urology, Charite Hospital, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
J Urol 169:2022-5. 2003..In this single center study we retrospectively reviewed our results of the surgical management of post-transplant lymphoceles, assessing indication and outcome of laparoscopic versus open drainage...
- Frequency of lymphoceles after open and laparoscopic pelvic lymph node dissection in patients with prostate cancerArne Solberg
Department of Oncology, University Hospital Trondheim, Norway
Scand J Urol Nephrol 37:218-21. 2003To compare the frequencies of pelvic lymphocele formation after laparoscopic and open pelvic lymph node dissection in patients with prostate cancer.
- Lymphocele after kidney transplantationZ Zietek
Department of the General Surgery and Transplantology, Pomerenian Medical Academy, Szczecin, Poland
Transplant Proc 39:2744-7. 2007One of the most often occurring complications after a kidney transplantation is a lymphocele.
- [Giant lymphocele arising after extraperitoneal laparoscopic radical prostatectomy]Hiroshi Mikami
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College
Hinyokika Kiyo 54:23-7. 2008..Computed tomography revealed a giant lymphocele in the retroperitoneal space...
- Future developments and perspectives in laparoscopyG Breda
Department of Urology, Ospedale Nuovo, Via dei Lotti 40, I 36061 Bassano, Italy
Eur Urol 40:84-91. 2001..Issues that are addressed in this article include: (1) What are the new limits? (2) Technological advances. (3) Adequate training. (4) How to technically simplify the laparoscopic procedures?..
- Pancreaticoduodenectomy: role of interventional radiologists in managing patients and complicationsTaylor A Sohn
Department of Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 North Wolfe Street, Blalock 606, Baltimore, MD 21287 4606, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:209-19. 2003..Percutaneous aspiration/catheter drainage was required in 84 patients for intra-abdominal abscess, biloma, or lymphocele, with 24 requiring two or more abscess drains...
- Is saphenofemoral junction reconstruction necessary during stripping of the saphenous vein?Melih Hulusi
Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Turkey
Surgery 139:640-5. 2006..In this method, the size of the common femoral vein was adjusted to the desired diameter by a running linear suture technique after division of the greater saphenous vein...
- Laparoscopic extended pelvic lymph node dissection for prostate cancer: description of the surgical technique and initial resultsJean Baptiste Lattouf
Department of Urology, Krankenhaus der Elisabethinen, Linz, Austria
Eur Urol 52:1347-55. 2007..We describe our laparoscopic technique of extended lymph node dissection and provide the number and locations of positive lymph nodes from our experience...
- [Renal graft outcome in patients with combined heart-kidney transplantation]J L Gutierrez Banos
Servicio de Urología Hospital Universitario Marqués de Valdecilla, Santander
Actas Urol Esp 32:430-4. 2008..Improvement in surgical and organ preservation techniques and immunosuppressive therapy has permitted multiorganic transplants in patients needing both heart and kidney organs in a synchronous or asynchronous way...
- Diagnosis and management of BK polyomavirus interstitial nephritis in renal transplant recipientsD N Howell
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Transplantation 68:1279-88. 1999..A study of renal transplant recipients at Duke University Medical Center was undertaken to evaluate diagnostic modalities and assess clinical outcomes in transplant polyomavirus infections...
- Clinical results of radical prostatectomy for patients with prostate cancer in MacauSon fat Ho
Department of Urology, Centro Hospitalar Conde de São Januário, Macau Special Administrative Region, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:295-8. 2008..The purpose of this report was to review and summarize the clinical features and prognosis of the 54 patients undergoing radical prostatectomy in Macau Special Administrative Region (SAR), China...
- Pfannenstiel versus vertical laparotomy in patients undergoing radical retropubic prostatectomy with spinal anesthesia: results of a prospective, randomized trialAndrea Salonia
Department of Urology, University Vita Salute San Raffaele, Scientific Institute San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Eur Urol 47:202-8. 2005....
- Nonoperative thoracic duct embolization for traumatic thoracic duct leak: experience in 109 patientsMaxim Itkin
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Interventional Radiology, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19004, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 139:584-89; discussion 589-90. 2010..To demonstrate the efficacy of a minimally invasive, nonoperative, catheter-based approach to the treatment of traumatic chyle leak...
- Percutaneous nephrostomy for treatment of posttransplant ureteral obstructionsSeyed Abulghasem Mostafa
Nephrology Research Center, Baqiyatallah University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:79-83. 2008..We report our experience with percutaneous management of urologic complications following kidney transplantation...
- Chylous ascites in a renal transplant recipient under sirolimus (rapamycin) treatmentG Castro
Department of Nephrology, Hospital Geral de Santo Antonio, Porto, Portugal
Transplant Proc 40:1756-8. 2008..reported after kidney transplantation due to rejection, decapsulation of the graft, urinary or vascular leak, lymphocele, transudation, or infection...
- Successful renal transplantation in children under 6 years of ageR Dall'amico
Department of Pediatrics, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Pediatr Nephrol 16:1-7. 2001..Four surgical complications were reported: 1 graft artery stenosis, 1 ureteral stenosis, 1 urinary leak, and 1 lymphocele. Mean height standard deviation score improved from -2.0 +/- 1.3 pre transplantation to -1.8 +/- 1.4, -1.5 +/- 1...
- [Pseudoaneurysm after renal transplantation]Petar Orlić
Klinika za urologiju, Klinicki bolnicki centar, Rijeka, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 62:86-9. 2008....
- Living donor kidney transplantation with multiple arteries: recent increase in modern era of laparoscopic donor nephrectomyReza Saidi
Department of Surgery, Transplantation Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Arch Surg 144:472-5. 2009..To compare the outcome of living donor kidney transplantation using allografts with a single artery with that observed in recipients of allografts with multiple arteries...
- Effect of simple omentoplasty and omentopexy in the prevention of complications after pelvic lymphadenectomyK Fujiwara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kawasaki Medical School, Kurashiki City, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:61-6. 2003..The omental flap was then covered by the peritoneum. Incidence of lymphocele, lymphedema, and severe complications associated with lymphocele, such as infection or urinary stenosis, was ..
- Surgical complications in live-donor pediatric and adolescent renal transplantation: study of risk factorsAhmed A Shokeir
Urology and Nephrology Center, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Pediatr Transplant 9:33-8. 2005..To report the surgical complications among our pediatric and adolescent renal transplants and to analyze the different factors that may influence the occurrence of such complications...
- Isoelectric heterogeneity of human prorenin (inactive renin) in body fluidsN Khalidi
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Hypertens 4:56-9. 1991....
- Indirect magnetic resonance lymphangiography in patients with lymphedema preliminary results in humansChristian Lohrmann
Division of Diagnostic Radiology, Department of Radiology, University Hospital of Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, D 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Radiol 59:401-6. 2006....
- Wound complications following kidney and liver transplantationA Mehrabi
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Transplant 20:97-110. 2006..wound dehiscences, perigraft fluid collections and seroma, superficial and deep wound infections, cellulitis, lymphocele and wound drainage...
- Laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for nonseminomatous testicular carcinomaStefan Corvin
Department of Urology, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Hoppe Seyler Strasse 3 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
World J Urol 22:33-6. 2004..Mainly minor complications, such as chylous ascites or lymphocele formation, are observed...
- InterGard silver bifurcated graft: features and results of a multicenter clinical studyJean Baptiste Ricco
Vascular Surgery Department, Jean Bernard Hospital, University of Poitiers, Poitiers, France
J Vasc Surg 44:339-46. 2006..This article describes the results of a multicenter study to evaluate safety, patency, and infection rates after implantation of the InterGard Silver bifurcated polyester graft coated with collagen and silver...
- Interstitial magnetic resonance lymphography: is it a new method for the diagnosis of lymphedema?E Dimakakos
Vascular Unit, 2nd Department of Surgery, University of Athens, Aretaieion University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int Angiol 26:367-71. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the method of interstitial magnetic resonance lymphography (MRL) as an examination for the depiction of the lymphatic system in humans in comparison with the method of direct X-ray lymphography...
- Preventing lymphedema and morbidity with an omentum flap after ilioinguinal lymph node dissectionLaurent Benoit
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Thoracique, et Cancérologique, CHU du Bocage, B P 77908, 21079, Dijon Cedex, France
Ann Surg Oncol 12:793-9. 2005....
- [Surgical details and complications from retransplantation into the iliac fossa for third and fourth kidney transplants]José Luis Gutierrez Baños
Servicios de Urologia, Hospital Universitario Marqués del Valdecilla Santander, Cantabria, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 58:121-9. 2005..To analyze the surgical aspects and complications from retransplantation into the iliac fossa for third and fourth kidney transplants...
- Access strategies for revision or explantation of the Charité lumbar artificial disc replacementWillis H Wagner
Division of Vascular Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center and Century City Doctors Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1266-72. 2006..We report our experience with secondary exposure of the lumbar spine for revision or explantation of the Charité disc prosthesis...
- Multicenter study on double kidney transplantationR Bertelli
Transplant Center of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:1869-70. 2008..Marginal organs not suitable for single kidney transplantation are considered for double kidney transplantation (DKT). Herein we have reviewed short and long-term outcomes of DKT over a 7-year experience...
- Continent urinary diversion in preparation for renal transplantation: a staged approachH Riedmiller
Department of Urology, Julius Maximilians University Medical School, Wurzburg, Germany
Transplantation 70:1713-7. 2000..We prospectively assessed the safety of kidney transplantation into continent urinary intestinal reservoirs as a planned two-stage procedure in patients with absent or dysfunctional lower urinary tract...
- Preoperative blood donation program and postoperative low molecular weight heparine (LMWH) prophylaxis in patients undergoing radical prostatectomyMarco Grasso
Department of Urology, Desio Hospital, Desio, Milan, Italy
Arch Esp Urol 62:161-6. 2009....
- Complications of laparoscopic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in testicular cancerPatrick A Kenney
Institute of Urology, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, Burlington, MA 01805, USA
World J Urol 26:561-9. 2008....
- Results of kidney transplantation from ABO-incompatible living donors in a single institutionT Kenmochi
Department of Surgery, Chiba East National Hospital, National Hospital Organization, Chiba, Japan
Transplant Proc 40:2289-91. 2008..4%). One patient (4.8%) developed a Pneumocystis Carinii pneumonia and the formation of lymphocele was observed in one patient (4.8%). Total patient survival at 3 years was 95...
- Our experience with third renal transplantation: results, surgical techniques and complicationsMohammad Hossein Nourbala
Nephrology Urology Research Center, Baqiyatallah Medical Sciences University, Tehran, Iran
Int J Urol 14:1057-9; discussion 1059. 2007..Each center has its own regulations and experiences and there is no accepted protocol for third kidney transplantation. We report here our 15 years of experience with third kidney transplantation...
- Clinical experience with everolimus (Certican): optimizing dose and tolerabilityJulio Pascual
Servicio de Nefrologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Transplantation 79:S80-4. 2005..As a result of its mode of action, this class of agent (i.e., everolimus and sirolimus) is associated with certain adverse events (e.g., lymphocele, arthralgia, edema and hyperlipidemia).
- Rabbit antithymocyte globulin: a postoperative risk factor for sirolimus-treated renal transplant patients?C Benavides
University of Texas Medical School at Houston Division of Immunology and Organ Transplantation, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Transplant Proc 37:822-6. 2005..The present study analyzed the effect of rabbit antithymocyte globulin (rATG) on these postoperative complications...
- A prospective study of symptom distress and return to baseline function after open versus laparoscopic radical prostatectomyDouglas M Dahl
Departments of Urology and Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Urol 182:956-65. 2009..We assessed and compared outcomes following open and laparoscopic radical prostatectomy...
- Radical retropubic prostatectomy in immunosuppressed transplant recipientsR Houston Thompson
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55902, USA
J Urol 179:1349-52; discussion 1352-3. 2008..We reviewed our experience with radical retropubic prostatectomy in patients with solid organ transplants...