Genomes and Genes
Summary: A tumor consisting of displaced ectodermal structures along the lines of embryonic fusion, the wall being formed of epithelium-lined connective tissue, including skin appendages, and containing keratin, sebum, and hair. (Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Unusual CT features of dermoid cyst in the posterior fossaC Neugroschl
Department of Neuroradiology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Eur Radiol 12:2726-9. 2002A dermoid cyst of the posterior fossa in a 73-year-old man is reported...
- Developmental nasal midline masses in children: neuroradiological evaluationThierry A G M Huisman
Department of Radiology and Magnetic Resonance, University Children s Hospital Zurich, Steinwiesstrasse 75, 8032 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur Radiol 14:243-9. 2004....
- Dermoid sinus and bone defects of the fifth thoracic vertebrae in a shih-tzuJose A Colon
J Small Anim Pract 48:180. 2007
- Dermoid cyst in the posterior fossa accompanied by Klippel-Feil syndromeM Hinojosa
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Hannover Medical College, Germany
Childs Nerv Syst 17:97-100. 2001..and the coincidence of these two rare diseases suggests an interesting idea about the pathogenesis of a dermoid cyst, which the authors consider with reference to an actual case...
- Klippel-Feil syndrome associated with posterior fossa dermoid cyst. Case reportJosé M González-Darder
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital General de Castellon, Spain
Neurol Res 24:501-4. 2002A patient with association of Klippel-Feil syndrome and posterior fossa dermoid cyst is presented...
- Case report: Spinal dermoid sinus in a Burmese cat with paraparesisT Tong
University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, New South Wales 2570, Australia
Aust Vet J 87:450-4. 2009..The cat recovered hindlimb function after surgery and remains asymptomatic 50 months after surgery except for a persistent inability to urinate voluntarily...
- Bilateral parieto-occipital dermoid sinuses in a RottweilerN Bornard
UP dermatologie, Ecole Nationale Veterinaire de Lyon, Marcy l Etoile, France
J Small Anim Pract 48:107-10. 2007..A hypothesis of an origin at the level of the suture between the parietal and interparietal bones is possible in this case...
- Epicorneal polypoidal lipodermoid: lack of association of central corneal lesions with goldenhar syndrome verified with a review of the literatureFrederick A Jakobiec
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 55:78-84. 2010..Other epibulbar choristomas that can be confused with lipodermoids are described...
- [Limbal dermoid and Goldenhar syndrome. Report of an anatomoclinical study]J J Saragoussi
Service d'Ophtalmologie, , place du Parvis Notre-Dame, 75181 Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 24:893-6. 2001..These findings may be limited to dermoid and cutaneous tags, as in our report. Such changes must be looked for in all limbal dermoids...
- Nasal dermoid sinus cysts in the dogDavina M Anderson
Queens Veterinary School Hospital, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England
Vet Surg 31:303-8. 2002..To describe the clinical and morphologic characteristics of nasal dermoid sinus cysts in the dog...
- Unusual imaging appearance of an intracranial dermoid cystJ Y Brown
Department of Radiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital and University of Melbourne, Parkville Victoria, Australia
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1970-2. 2001..We present a case of a posterior fossa dermoid cyst that was not only hyperattenuating on CT scans but also contained a mural nodule with clear evidence of ..
- Dermoid sinus in a golden retrieverL Cornegliani
Ambulatorio Veterinario Milano, Italy
J Small Anim Pract 42:514-6. 2001..The skin lesion was characterised by a fistulous tract in the dorsal cervical region. Surgical dissection revealed a cyst connected by a fibrous cord to the seventh cervical vertebra...
- Epidermal (infundibular) and dermoid cysts in the dorsal midline of a three-year-old thoroughbred-cross geldingLynn L Hillyer
Division of Companion Animal Science, Department of Clinical Veterinary Science, University of Bristol, Langford House, Langford BS40 5DU, UK
Vet Dermatol 14:205-9. 2003..The horse recovered uneventfully. This report is novel in that such midline cysts have not previously been described outside Australia and North America...
- Mesenteric dermoid cyst in a childDamien Punguyire
Kintampo Municipal Hospital, Kintampo, Ghana
Pan Afr Med J 10:41. 2011..A huge mesenteric dermoid cyst was surgically removed...
- Spontaneous rupture of mesenteric dermoid cyst: a rare cause of abdominal painG Verswijvel
Eur Radiol 14:1517-8. 2004
- A confusing magnetic resonance imaging observation complicating surgery for a dermoid cyst in a Rhodesian RidgebackEmma S S Davies
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
Vet Radiol Ultrasound 45:307-9. 2004
- A nasal dermoid sinus in an English bull terrierR D Burrow
University of Liverpool, Department of Veterinary Clinical Science
J Small Anim Pract 45:572-4. 2004..This tract was surgically excised. Histopathological examination of the excised tissue, together with the clinical findings, led to the diagnosis of nasal dermoid sinus...
- A pelvic retroperitoneal schwannoma mimicking an ovarian dermoid cyst in pregnancyM Ibraheim
Basildon University Hospital, Essex, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:620-1. 2005
- An acute headache and hydrocephalus caused by the dermoid cystM Titlic
Department of Neurology, Split University Hospital, Split, Croatia
Bratisl Lek Listy 109:580-1. 2008We present a case report of a 41-year-old man with an acute headache and hydrocephalus caused by the dermoid cyst. The dermoid cyst of the third brain ventricle caused an acute hydrocephalus and an increased intracranial pressure (with ..
- Management of ovarian dermoid cysts in the pediatric and adolescent populationIngrid Savasi
University of Toronto, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 22:360-4. 2009..To evaluate the surgical approach used in the management of ovarian dermoid cysts in the pediatric and adolescent population...
- Nasal dermoid cyst extending through the frontal bone with no sinus tract in a DalmatianG J W Van Der Peijl
Specialists Referral Clinic for Small Animals Binnenhof, Binnenhof 3, Almkerk, The Netherlands
J Small Anim Pract 52:117-20. 2011..It is proposed that this nasal dermoid cyst that extends through the frontal bone with no sinus tract is classified as a type V subtype c.
- Cervical dermoid sinus in a cat: case presentation and review of the literatureJamie M Fleming
University of Georgia, Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Athens, GA 30602, USA
J Feline Med Surg 13:992-6. 2011..To the authors' knowledge, a dermoid sinus in this location has not been described previously in the cat. The prognosis following surgical resection appears favorable...
- Back to basics: a case series of angular dermoid cyst excisionNadine Hachach-Haram
Craniofacial Orbito Palpebral Service, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 66:57-60. 2013..Therefore, we recommend this technique as the optimal technique for lateral eyebrow dermoid cyst excision.
- Nasal dermoid sinus in an American cocker spanielT R Bailey
Veterinary Teaching Hospital, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C1A 4P3
Can Vet J 42:213-5. 2001..Contrast radiography and surgical excision showed communication of the tract with the left frontal sinus and rostral cerebral dura, respectively. A dermoid sinus was diagnosed by a combination of gross and histologic findings...
- Removal of an anterior spinal dermoid cyst with fenestra corpectomy in Klippel-Feil syndrome: technical case reportR Alper Kaya
Department of Neurosurgery, Sisli Etfal State Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 53:1230-3; discussion 1233-4. 2003..A spinal cord tumor occurring in association with Klippel-Feil syndrome is quite rare. The removal of an anteriorly located spinal cord tumor at the level of block vertebrae creates a surgical challenge...
- Squamous-lined cysts of the pancreas: lymphoepithelial cysts, dermoid cysts (teratomas), and accessory-splenic epidermoid cystsN V Adsay
Department of Pathology, The Karmanos Cancer Institute Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University, MI 48076, USA
Semin Diagn Pathol 17:56-65. 2000..Subepithelial lymphoid tissue is not a feature. They are sometimes complicated by suppurative infections. The importance of these lesions is in their distinction from other cystic neoplasms, especially mucinous cystic tumors...
- Reversible holocord edema associated with intramedullary spinal abscess secondary to an infected dermoid cystTakao Tsurubuchi
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Pediatr Neurosurg 37:282-6. 2002..magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) associated with an intramedullary spinal abscess secondary to an infected dermoid cyst. The intraoperative findings revealed that the high-intensity lesion on the T2-weighted image was edematous ..
- Dermoid cyst of the posterior fossaMohammed Benzagmout
Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Hassan II, Fez, Morocco
Neurosciences (Riyadh) 16:153-5. 2011..The postoperative course was uneventful, and the histological diagnosis was a dermoid cyst. Through this observation, we aim to discuss the clinical, and radiological aspects of the posterior fossa ..
- A case of dermoid cyst ruptured into the lungChih Jen Yang
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung Hospital, Taiwan
Respirology 12:931-3. 2007..The patient was asymptomatic. She underwent video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery and a ruptured dermoid cyst was observed and the contents had infiltrated into the right pulmonary parenchyma...
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising in an intracranial dermoid cyst--case reportH Tsugu
Department of Neurosurgery, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 41:213-6. 2001..Histological examination demonstrated squamous cell carcinoma in the dermoid cyst. The patient subsequently received localized radiation therapy of total 55 Gy...
- Malignant transformation within a dermoid cyst: a case report and literature reviewP Sanghera
SpR Clinical Oncology West Midlands Rotation, Cancer Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, B15 2TH, Birmingham, UK
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:178-80. 2006Malignant transformation within a dermoid cyst is a rare event. The most common transformation is to squamous cell carcinoma. Patients are often elderly and present with advanced disease. The prognosis tends to be very poor...
- Orbital dermoid cyst with intracranial extensionUlka Srivastava
Department of Ophthalmology, M G M Medical College, Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 52:244-6. 2004A case of dermoid cyst with intracranial extension in a 10-year-old boy is reported. Intracranial extension of dermoid is not very common.
- Posterior fossa abscesses secondary to dermal sinus associated with dermoid cyst in childrenB Yang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Affiliated Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Medical College of Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
Neuropediatrics 39:39-42. 2008We report on the rare disease of posterior fossa abscesses secondary to dermal sinus associated with dermoid cyst in 4 pediatric cases seen over a 15-year of period...
- Orbital dermoid cyst and sinus tract presenting with acute infectionTimothy S Wells
Section of Orbital and Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery, Department of Ophthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 20:465-7. 2004..Complete excision of the dermoid cyst and sinus tract was performed through an eyelid crease approach.
- Ruptured giant dermoid cyst of the cavernous sinusNitin Dange
Department of Neurosurgery, King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth G S Sunderdas Medical College, Acharya Donde Marg, Parel, Mumbai 400 012, India
J Clin Neurosci 17:1056-8. 2010We report a 27-year-old male with a giant dermoid cyst of the cavernous sinus that extended into the posterior fossa and ruptured, causing meningitis and hydrocephalus...
- Spermatic cord dermoid cyst as paratesticular mass. Case report and bibliographic reviewMaxim Shub Skorniakov
Urology Departmen, Hospital Universitario Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Arch Esp Urol 64:991-4. 2011Presentation of a new case of dermoid cyst of the spermatic cord and to perform a review of the literature.
- Traumatic rupture of an intracranial dermoid cystIn Young Kim
Brain Tumor Clinic and Gamma Knife Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hwasun Hospital, 60 Ilsimri, Hwasun eup, Hwasun Gun, Chonnam, Korea
J Clin Neurosci 15:469-71. 2008This paper reports the first case in which an intracranial dermoid cyst that underwent traumatic rupture was treated surgically and discusses the importance of the preoperative radiological identification and management of the rupture...
- Dermoid cyst in the hepatoduodenal ligament: report of a caseVasileios Souftas
Department of Medical Imaging, Democritus University of Thrace, 15 Kolokotroni Street, Alexandroupolis, 68100, Greece
Surg Today 38:959-61. 2008We report an unusual case of a mature cystic teratoma, or dermoid cyst, in the hepatoduodenal ligament of a young woman. Mature cystic teratomas are rarely found in extragonadal sites, especially the hepatoduodenal ligament...
- Does prevention of intraperitoneal spillage when removing a dermoid cyst prevent granulomatous peritonitis?W Kondo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, centre hospitalier universitaire de Clermont Ferrand, Polyclinique de l Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand, France
BJOG 117:1027-30. 2010....
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising in a dermoid cyst of the ovary: a case seriesJ L Hurwitz
Department of Medical Oncology, Northern Ireland Cancer Centre, Belfast, UK
BJOG 114:1283-7. 2007Malignant transformation in a dermoid cyst of the ovary is a rare complication, occurring in only 1-2% of cases, with squamous cell carcinoma being the most common type...
- MRI findings of an ovarian dermoid cyst with malignant transformationMasayuki Takemori
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hyogo Medical Center for Adults, Akashi, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 2:105-8. 2003The ovarian dermoid cyst is the most common ovarian tumor. However, malignant transformation developing from a dermoid cyst is very rare. Because of this rarity, few reports exist of preoperative diagnosis of this tumor by MRI...
- Lateral dermoid cyst of the floor of mouth: unusual radiologic and pathologic findingsHarrison W Lin
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Auris Nasus Larynx 38:650-3. 2011A lateral dermoid cyst is a rare lesion of the floor of mouth, with only 12 cases reported in the literature. We describe the case of a 60-year-old man with a slowly enlarging mass in the submandibular region...
- Dermoid cyst of the maxillaL Bodner
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Soroka Medical Center and Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:453-5. 2005Dermoid cysts of the jaw bones are very rare. A case of an intraosseous dermoid cyst of the maxilla of a 5-year-old-male is reported. The possible origins are described.
- Squamous cell carcinoma arising from dermoid cyst: Case reports and review of literatureS Tangjitgamol
Gynecologic Oncology Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Department of Pathology, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration Medical College and Vajira Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:558-63. 2003Malignant transformation of a dermoid cyst is rare, with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) being the most common type...
- A case of dermoid cyst of the ovary with malignant transformation complicated with small intestinal fistula formationSusumu Okada
Department of Radiology, Nippon Medical School Chiba Hokuso Hospital, 1715 Kamagari, Inba mura, Inba gun, Chiba 270 1694, Japan
Radiat Med 23:443-6. 2005..Microscopic examination revealed a squamous cell carcinoma in the dermoid cyst wall...
- Laparoscopic management of ovarian dermoid cysts: ten years' experienceC R Nezhat
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
JSLS 3:179-84. 1999..To determine the safety and efficacy of laparoscopic management of ovarian dermoid cysts based upon our ten years' experience...
- Dermoid cyst (mature cystic teratoma) of the cecum. Histologic and cytologic features with review of the literatureMaurice Joseph Schuetz
Department of Pathology, Ball Memorial Hospital, Muncie, IN 47303, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:97-9. 2002..Clinical and pathologic features with review of the literature are presented, and the differential diagnosis for pericolic cystic masses is discussed in detail...
- Mature ovarian dermoid cyst invading the urinary bladderA Tandon
Department of Radiology and Imaging, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, India
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 35:751-3. 2010..of a 30-year-old patient with pyuria and dysuria, where ultrasound examination clearly demonstrated an ovarian dermoid cyst invading the urinary bladder...
- Orbital nodular fasciitis simulating a dermoid cyst in an 8-month-old child. Case report and review of the literatureJ A Shields
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 17:144-8. 2001PURPOSE: To report a clinicopathologic correlation of orbital nodular fasciitis that simulated a dermoid cyst in an infant and to review the literature on orbital nodular fasciitis. METHOD: Case report; literature review...
- Open septorhinoplasty approach for the excision of a dermoid cyst and sinus with primary dorsal reconstructionD K Loke
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Laryngol Otol 115:657-9. 2001..Here we describe the surgical management of a 37-year-old patient with a longstanding nasal dermoid cyst and discharging sinus...
- Transient cheiro-oral syndrome due to a ruptured intracranial dermoid cystM Nakamura
Department of Pediatrics, Jichi Medical School, 3311 1 Minamikawachi machi, 329 0498, Tochigi, Japan
Brain Dev 23:261-3. 2001We present here a case of episodic, pure cheiro-oral syndrome caused by a ruptured intracranial dermoid cyst. Cranial magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) using the fat-suppression method revealed a fatty mass lesion in the subarachnoid space ..
- Submental midline dermoid cyst in a 25-year-old manMark F Burger
Department of Otolaryngology, Kaiser Permanente Moanalua Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA
Ear Nose Throat J 85:752-3. 2006..Histologic examination of the cystic contents identified epidermis, sebaceous glands, and hair follicles along with copious sebaceous material. These findings are consistent with a dermoid cyst.
- [Dermoid cyst of the floor of the mouth]José Luis Vargas Fernández
Servicio de Otorrinolaringologia, Hospital Universitario San Cecilio, Granada, Espana
Acta Otorrinolaringol Esp 58:31-3. 2007..A true dermoid cyst is a cavity covered with epithelium showing keratinisation and presenting identifiable dermal appendices...
- Ruptured spinal dermoid cyst with disseminated intracranial fat dropletsJ G Cha
Department of Radiology, Soonchunhyang University Bucheon Hospital, 1174, Jung Dong, Wonmi gu, Bucheon St Gyeonggi do, 420 021, Republic of Korea
Br J Radiol 79:167-9. 2006..Fat droplets were revealed in the ventricles and the cisternal spaces on brain CT and brain MR. In the English literature, a ruptured spinal dermoid tumour accompanying a tethered spinal cord is extremely rare...
- Malignant transformation of a lumbar intradural dermoid cystNaoko Kudo
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Niigata University Hospital, Niigata, Japan
J Orthop Sci 12:300-2. 2007
- Dermoid cyst connected with the lacrimal canaliculumM A De La Luz Orozco-Covarrubias
Department of Dermatology, National Institute of Paediatrics, Mexico City, Mexico
Pediatr Dermatol 10:69-70. 1993..Histologically, the tumor proved to be a dermoid cyst. This association has not been reported previously...
- Laparoscopic management of a ruptured benign dermoid cyst during advanced pregnancyHorace Roman
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, University Hospital, Polyclinique, Clermont Ferrand, France
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:377-8. 2005..A woman in her 31st week of pregnancy with torsion of a large dermoid cyst and lipogranulomatosis peritonitis due to spilled cyst contents was managed laparoscopically with a favorable ..
- Cerebellar abscesses secondary to occipital dermoid cyst with dermal sinus: case reportAli Akhaddar
Department of Neuroradiology, Hospital des Spécialités, Rabat, Morocco
Surg Neurol 58:266-70. 2002Hydrocephalus and cerebellar abscesses as the principal manifestations of posterior fossa dermoid cyst are rare. In addition, extradural dermoid cyst of the posterior fossa has been described in only 9 cases in the literature...
- A dermoid cyst in the greater omentum as a rare epigastric tumorR Pfitzmann
Department of Surgery, Charite, Virchow Clinic, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 42:153-5. 2004..Histology revealed the rare diagnosis of a dermoid cyst. A possible malignant degeneration of the tumor has to be considered, and therefore the tumor should be ..
- Cervical dermal sinus associated with dermoid cystJ K Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hospital, Republic of Korea
Childs Nerv Syst 17:491-3. 2001We report a rare case of cervical dermal sinus associated with a dermoid cyst in a 10-month-old infant, who presented with a 1-month history of motor weakness of the right upper extremity...
- Spontaneous rupture of spinal dermoid cyst with disseminated lipid droplets in central canal and ventriclesA Goyal
Department of Neurosurgery, G B Pant Hospital, Delhi University, Delhi, India
J Neurosurg Sci 48:63-5. 2004..Despite being rarely reported, spinal dermoid cyst can rupture spontaneously, and free fat disseminate into the ventricles, and in extremely rare cases, fat can ..
- Intracranial dermoid cyst mimicking a giant thrombosed aneurysmBulent Canbaz
Neurol India 52:524-5. 2004
- Orbital dermoid cyst of childhood: clinical pathologic findings, classification and managementStefano Cavazza
Department of Ophthalmology, Maggiore Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Int Ophthalmol 31:93-7. 2011..Complete excision of the cyst's capsule may be difficult as a result. In our review we have not found cysts with intracranial extension...
- Sylvian fissure dermoid cyst with intratumoral hemorrhage: case reportJin Cherng Chen
Department of Surgery, Buddhist Tzu Chi Dalin General Hospital, Dalin, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 108:63-6. 2005It is rare for a dermoid cyst to develop intratumoral hemorrhage...
- Midline sublingual dermoid cystM al-Khayat
Department of Otolaryngology, London Hospital, Whitechapel
J Laryngol Otol 104:578-80. 1990..a combined intra-oral and cervical approach, confirmed it to have originated in ectodermal remnants (congenital dermoid cyst) and to be actively secreting sebum...
- Dermoid cyst of the posterior fossa associated with congenital dermal sinus in a childChun Quan Cai
Departments of Pediatric Neurosurgery, Tianjin Children s Hospital, Tianjin 300074, China
World J Pediatr 4:66-9. 2008..Hydrocephalus and abscess as the principal manifestations of the posterior fossa dermoid cyst are rare...
- Orbital dermoid cyst with intratumoral inflammatory hemorrhage: case reportKentaro Kudo
Department of Neurological Surgery, Juntendo University Urayasu Hospital, Urayasu, Chiba, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 48:359-62. 2008..The lacrimal gland was not identified. The mass was totally resected. Histological examination indicated dermoid cyst with inflammatory interstitial hemorrhage. No component of vascular malformation or atypia was found...
- Ruptured intracranial dermoid cyst presenting with neuropsychiatric symptoms: a case reportMark B Detweiler
Psychiatric Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Salem, VA 24153, USA
South Med J 102:98-100. 2009..This case illustrates the need to include an underlying brain tumor in the differential diagnosis when encountering new onset auditory and visual phenomena in patients with chronic mood and/or anxiety disorders...
- Cerebellar intra-axial dermoid cyst: a case of unusual locationIshita Pant
Advanced Medical and Dental Institute, Universiti Sains Malaysia, No 29, Lorong Bertam Indah4 9, Taman Bertam Indah, 13200 Kepala Batas, Seberang Perai Utara, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Childs Nerv Syst 24:157-9. 2008..2 to 1.8% of all intracranial tumors and are commonly located in the cisternal spaces, mainly in the cerebellopontine angle and parasellar cisterns. A purely intra-axial position as reported in this paper is quite exceptional...
- Dermoid cyst as a dumbbell-shaped tumour of the cavernous sinusYa Feng Chen
Department of Radiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, 7 Chung Shan South Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Pediatr Radiol 33:72. 2003
- Magnetic resonance imaging of a submental dermoid cyst: report of a caseYasunori Ariyoshi
Department of Oral Surgery, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:507-10. 2003
- Intracranial dermoid cyst mimicking hemorrhage. Case report and review of the literatureRene O Sanchez-Mejia
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143, USA
J Neurosurg 105:311-4. 2006..Findings on a CT scan were indicative of hemorrhage. Magnetic resonance imaging revealed the lesion to be a dermoid cyst with unusual characteristics...
- Dermal sinus with dermoid cyst in the upper cervical spine: case noteW C Shen
Department of Radiology, and School of Medicine, China Medical College, China Medical College Hospital, No 2 Yuh Der Road, 407 Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Neuroradiology 42:51-3. 2000..MRI showed a dermal sinus tract in the upper cervical spine, associated with an intramedullary dermoid cyst at C 2-3, and spina bifida...
- Cerebellar dermoid cyst with occipital dermal sinus. Report of two pediatric casesF Layadi
Department of Neurosurgery, Mohammed VI Medical Centre, Marrakesh, Morocco
Pediatr Neurosurg 42:387-90. 2006Intracranial dermoid cyst is a rare entity accounting for 0.1-0.7% of all intracranial tumors. The most common location is in the posterior fossa, at or near the midline. We present 2 pediatric cases with dermal sinus...
- Persistent elevation of CA 19-9 levels in a patient with an extended retroperitoneal dermoidO Micke
Klinik und Poliklinik für Strahlentherapie Radioonkologie Westfälische Wilhelms Universität, Germany
Anticancer Res 19:2717-20. 1999..This is the first case described in English scientific literature of a retroperitoneal dermoid (benign teratoma) as a source of a persistently elevated level of CA 19-9...
- Alternative surgical approaches for excision of dermoid cyst of the floor of mouthI E El-Hakim
Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:497-9. 2008..The intraoral approach was performed in a female patient presenting with a large swelling involving both the submental and sublingual areas, and this approach led to good esthetic results without recurrence...
- Chemical peritonitis: a rare complication of an iatrogenic ovarian dermoid cyst ruptureD Clement
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tenon Hospital, 4 rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Surg Endosc 17:658. 2003..The risk of adhesion formation also is reduced. However, in the case of an ovarian dermoid cyst, the laparoscopic approach could result in chemical peritonitis caused by the spilled contents of a ruptured ..
- Rapidly enlarging dermoid cyst over the anterior fontanel: a case report and review of the literatureS Tateshima
Department of Neurosurgery, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 16:875-8. 2000A case report of a rapidly enlarging dermoid cyst over the anterior fontanel is presented...
- Congenital dermoid cyst of the anterior fontanelle in Turkish children--four case reportsOzcan Aslan
Department of Neurosurgery, East Mediterranean Hospital, Antakya, Turkey
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 44:150-2. 2004..These rare cysts presented as slow-growing soft masses over the anterior fontanelle. The cysts were totally removed without recurrence. Dermoid cysts can be easily cured because of the absence of intracranial extension...
- Case report of a dermoid cyst at the floor of the mouthT E Seah
Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, National University Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 33:77-9. 2004..The cyst was excised and confirmed histopathologically as a dermoid cyst with overlying acute inflammation...
- Congenital dermoid cyst of the anterior fontanel in mestizo-mulatto childrenS Fermin
Section of Neurosurgery, Hospital Infantil Dr R Reid C, Ave Abraham Lincoln No 2, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Childs Nerv Syst 17:353-5. 2001..Twenty-seven cases of histologically confirmed congenital dermoid cysts of the anterior fontanel in children are reported...
- Dermoid cyst of the anterior fontanelle in adults: case reportRicardo Antônio Gênova de Castro
Servico de Neurocirurgia, Instituto Dr José Frota, 60025 061 Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:170-2. 2007..presented with a congenital tumor of the anterior fontanelle, which histopathological examination revealed a dermoid cyst. Surgical intervention is the treatment of choice to remove this lesion...
- Three-dimensional computed tomography of congenital nasal anomaliesRodney J Schlosser
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 65:125-31. 2002....
- The midline nasal lesionJ Grainger
Department of Otolaryngology, City General Hospital, University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust, A34, Newcastle Road, Stoke on Trent ST4 7LN, UK
Arch Dis Child 93:217. 2008
- [Choristoma of visual organ in children]Anna Niwald
Kliniki Okulistyki Dzieciecej Katedry Pediatrii Zabiegowej Uniwersytetu Medycznego w todzi Z SP ZOZ Uniwersyteckiego Szpitala Klinicznego nr 4 Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Łodzi
Klin Oczna 109:297-300. 2007..The aim of this study was to present the clinical and histopathological characteristics of choristoma tumors of the eye in children and to estimate the surgical treatment...
- Endometrioma with calcification simulating a dermoid on sonographyKiran A Jain
Department of Radiology, University of California Davis Medical Center, 4860 Y St, Suite 3100, Sacramento, 95817, USA
J Ultrasound Med 25:1237-41. 2006
- Orbital dermoid cysts presenting as subconjunctival fat dropletsBo Young Jung
Department of Ophthalmology, Dongguk University College of Medicine, Gyeongju, Korea
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:327-9. 2008..Examination of the conjunctival specimen also suggested lipogranuloma. Orbital dermoid cysts should be considered in patients presenting with subconjunctival fat droplets...
- Dermoid cysts, gliomas, and encephaloceles: evaluation and treatmentJeffrey C Posnick
Departments of Plastic Surgery, Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Pediatrics, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 10:85-99. 2002..Establishing the timing, staging, and specific surgical techniques for management of a fronto-orbitonasal encephalocele remains as much an art as a science...
- Midline (dermoid) cysts of the floor of the mouth: report of 16 cases and review of surgical techniquesFrancesco Longo
Department of Ear, Nose, and Throat Head and Neck Surgery, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Pascale
Plast Reconstr Surg 112:1560-5. 2003....
- Frameless image-guided neuronavigation in orbital surgery: practical applicationsNedal Hejazi
Department of Neurosurgery, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, Academic Hospital of the University of Innsbruck, Feldkirch, Austria
Neurosurg Rev 29:118-22. 2006..The use of the navigation clearly reduces the operative risk and increases the effectiveness of microsurgical orbital procedures...
- Spinal hamartoma associated with spinal dysraphismJunji Takeyama
Department of Pathology, Miyagi Children s Hospital, 4 3 17 Ochiai, Aoba ku, Sendai 989 3126, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 22:1098-102. 2006..The aims of the study were (1) to review the pathological findings of spinal lipomatous masses associated with congenital spinal dysraphism and (2) to discuss the pathological diagnosis...
- Klippel-Feil syndrome in association with posterior fossa suboccipital dermoid cystF G Aksoy
Department of Radiology, Turkish Ministry of Health-Ankara, Training and Research Hospital
Eur Radiol 11:142-4. 2001We present the second case of Klippel-Feil syndrome in association with a posterior fossa dermoid cyst extending through the occipital bone and presenting as a suboccipital subcutaneous mass...
- Orbitofacial masses in children: an endoscopic approachMatthew H Steele
Division of Otolaryngology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Ave, MC1035, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:409-13. 2002..To describe an endoscopic approach for pediatric orbitofacial masses...
- Retrorectal dermoid cyst in a male adult: case reportA Erden
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Cebeci, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Abdom Imaging 28:725-7. 2003..On MRI nondependent fat spheres were detected inside the cyst. The same pattern has been described in dermoid cyst of the ovary. We suggest that this MRI pattern is specific to dermoid cysts.
- Orbital neurofibroma presenting with a negative Hounsfield unit on computerized tomographyJianhua Yan
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, The Section of Ocular Oncology and Orbital Disease, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Orbit 25:239-41. 2006..To report a case of diffuse orbital neurofibroma which displayed an unusual computed tomography (CT) feature...
- Clinical, radiological and pathological examination of periocular dermoid cysts: evidence of inflammation from an early ageY Abou-Rayyah
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Eye (Lond) 16:507-12. 2002Periocular dermoid cysts are common and leakage of the lipid or keratin contents leads to an inflammation-often asymptomatic-around the cyst, which may cause adherence of the dermoid cyst to neighbouring structures.
- Atypical congenital dermoids of the face: a 25-year experienceV Sreetharan
St Andrew s Centre for Burns and Plastic Surgery, Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 7ET, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:1025-9. 2007....
- CT pitfalls in emergency radiology: a chronically ruptured intra-cranial dermoid tumor mimicking pneumocephalus in an acute multi-trauma evaluationThomas Ptak
Department of Radiology, Division of Emergency Radiology and NeuroRadiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, FND 210, Boston, MA, 02114, USA
Emerg Radiol 14:453-6. 2007..The lack of symptoms coupled with an abnormal cerebral computed tomography (CT) initially created confusion among clinicians until a more detailed history and more careful analysis of the head CT revealed the plausible answer...
- Surgical approaches for nasal dermal sinus cystsDavid Holzmann
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Rhinology 45:31-5. 2007..There was no recurrence of NDSC in all 7 operated patients after a mean follow-up of 3.9 years (range 0.5-7.2 years)...
- Percutaneous drainage and ablation of orbital dermoid cystsRichard P Golden
Department of Ophthalmology, Columbus Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J AAPOS 11:438-42. 2007..Such radical surgical intervention may pose serious risks to both vision acuity and cosmesis. We describe a novel, minimally invasive approach for the treatment of orbital dermoid cysts...
- The presentation and management of nasal dermoid: a 30-year experienceReza Rahbar
Department of Otolaryngology, The Children s Hospital and the Department of Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:464-71. 2003..To review the presentation of nasal dermoid in children and present guidelines for its management...
- Hemangioma Research WorkshopIlona Frieden; Fiscal Year: 2005..Special attention is paid to involvement of young investigators and under-represented communities. ..
- Arachidonic Acid in Alzheimer's Disease PathogenesisRENE SANCHEZ MEJIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..I will test whether inhibition of PLA2 will prevent and reverse AD-like morphological, molecular, and functional alterations in hAPP mice. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Phase II Clinical Trial Assessing Efficacy and Safety of Oral Steroids vs. VincriBeth Drolet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..