Summary: A non-neoplastic cyst of the MEIBOMIAN GLANDS of the eyelid.
Publications128 found, 100 shown here
- Severe visual loss caused by ocular perforation during chalazion removalKevin M Shiramizu
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:204-5. 2004To report two cases of ocular perforation during chalazion removal procedures leading to severe vision loss.
- [Chronic inflammatory tumor of the upper lid in a young male patient]T Stupp
Augenklinik, Universität Muenster
Ophthalmologe 101:194-6. 2004
- Injections for chalazia?Ahmad M Mansour
Ophthalmology 113:353-4; author reply 354. 2006
- Intralesional corticosteroid injection vs surgical treatment of chalazia in pigmented patientsSalahuddin Ahmad
Eye Department, PNS Shifa, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 16:42-4. 2006..To compare the outcome of intralesional corticosteroid injection and surgical treatment of chalazia...
- A rationale for therapeutic decision-making in chalaziaUpreet Dhaliwal
Department of Ophthalmology, University College of Medical Sciences, Guru Teg Bahadar Hospital, Delhi, India
Orbit 24:227-30. 2005Cytologically, a chalazion may be either a mixed-cell or a suppurating granuloma. Treatment includes incision & curettage or intralesional steroid injection. The choice of treatment is based on clinical experience.
- Merkel cell carcinoma masquerading as a chalazionNigel G Rawlings
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 42:469-70. 2007CASE REPORT: A 62-year-old woman presented with a large rapidly growing violaceous mass initially diagnosed as a chalazion. Histopathologic examination disclosed Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC). Radiotherapy was not tolerated...
- Efficacy of lignocaine 2% gel in chalazion surgeryR T H Li
Department of Ophthalmology, United Christian Hospital, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Br J Ophthalmol 87:157-9. 2003To determine whether topical 2% lignocaine (lidocaine) gel is an effective anaesthetic agent for chalazion surgery.
- Chalazion as a cause of decreased vision after LASIKC B Cosar
Cornea Service, Wills Eye Hospital and the Department of Ophthalmology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cornea 20:890-2. 2001PURPOSE: To describe a post-LASIK patient with decreased vision and a chalazion of the upper eyelid. METHODS: A 46-year-old man was referred with decreased vision of 1 month's duration...
- Histopathological review of sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelidPatricia Rusa Pereira
Department of Ophthalmology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cutan Pathol 32:496-501. 2005Sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid can clinically mimic benign conditions, such as recurrent chalazion and inflammation and histopathologically squamous cell and basal cell carcinoma (BCC)...
- Injections for chalazia?Daya Papalkar
Ophthalmology 113:355-6; author reply 356-7. 2006
- [Adenoid cystic carcinoma of the upper eyelid]J C Paarlberg
Department of Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery, The Rotterdam Eye Hospital, Rotterdam, Niederlande
Ophthalmologe 104:1066-7. 2007..Here, we present a patient with a large ACC of the central upper eyelid, which had been misdiagnosed and treated as a chalazion without histological examination. Its origin most likely is an accessory lacrimal gland.
- Eyelid sebaceous gland carcinoma (SGC) treated with 'slow' Mohs' micrographic surgeryA Arora
Eye (Lond) 18:854-5. 2004
- "Pseudo-pseudochalazion": giant chalazion mimicking eyelid neoplasmLily Koo
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:391-2. 2005..Multiple biopsies revealed lipogranuloma consistent with chalazion. The induration resolved after multiple triamcinolone injections...
- Docetaxel-induced Meibomian duct inflammation and blockage leading to chalazion formationS Gupta
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 10:396-7. 2007..Subsequently, the patient presented with a lower eyelid mass, which on excision was demonstrated to be a chalazion. Docetaxel induced Meibomian duct inflammation and blockage is the likely cause of this presentation in a ..
- Intralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection for primary and recurrent chalazia: is it really effective?Guy J Ben Simon
Jules Stein Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ophthalmology 112:913-7. 2005..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of intralesional triamcinolone acetonide (TA) injection in primary and recurrent chalazia...
- Anterior segment ischemia and retinochoroidal vascular occlusion after intralesional steroid injectionAyse Yagci
Ophthalmology Department, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:55-7. 2008..This catastrophic complication after intralesional steroid injection should prompt immediate ophthalmoscopic fundus examination to allow early recognition of ischemic signs and immediate intervention...
- Metastatic pleural mesothelioma initially masquerading as chalazionE K Tsina
Br J Ophthalmol 90:921-2. 2006
- Wegener's granulomatosis masquerading as upper lid chalazionA R Ismail
Eye (Lond) 21:883-4. 2007
- Subcutaneous steroid injection as treatment for chalazion: prospective case seriesS Y Ho
Department of Ophthalmology, United Christian Hospital, 130 Hip Wo Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 8:18-20. 2002To study the efficacy of subcutaneous steroid injection in the treatment of chalazion.
- A prospective randomized treatment study comparing three treatment options for chalazia: triamcinolone acetonide injections, incision and curettage and treatment with hot compresses: commentTani M Brown
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:394-5; author reply 395. 2008
- [Sebaceous carcinoma. Study of two cases]I Iglesias
Departamento de Oculoplastia, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Madrid, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 83:445-8. 2008A 94-year-old woman, who had had a chalazion for a period of 8 months, presented because of thickening of the eyelid with necrosis, madarosis and adenopathy...
- Ocular complication of intralesional corticosteroid injection of a chalazionB M Hosal
Ankara University, Department of Ophthalmology, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:798-9. 2003To report a major complication of intralesional corticosteroid injection for the treatment of a chalazion.
- Lymphatic vessels in human eyelids: an immunohistological study in dermatochalasis and chalazionM Agliano
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Anatomy and Histology Section, University of Siena, Italy
Lymphology 41:29-39. 2008..and expression of endothelin (ET-1) axis molecules in human eyelids affected by an inflammatory state (chalazion) and an age-related degenerative condition (dermatochalasis)...
- Virus-induced chalazionA M Mansour
Department of Ophthalmology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Eye (Lond) 20:242-6. 2006..To investigate a viral etiology in certain chalazia...
- [Triamcinolone in anterior chamber]F Pérez-Moreda
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 83:469. 2008
- Subcutaneous extralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection versus conservative management in the treatment of chalazionC F Chung
Department of Ophthalmology, United Christian Hospital, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 12:278-81. 2006To compare the efficacy of subcutaneous extralesional triamcinolone acetonide injection versus conservative treatment for chalazion.
- Ophthaproblem. Orbital cellulitisKhalid Hasanee
Queen s University, Kingston, Ont
Can Fam Physician 50:359, 365, 367. 2004
- Recurrent Staphylococcus aureus chalazia in hyperimmunoglobulinemia E (Job's) syndromeJohn J Destafeno
Department of Ophthalmology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Great Neck, New York 11021, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 138:1057-8. 2004..To report a case of recurrent Staphylococcus aureus chalazia in a patient with hyperimmunoglobulinemia E syndrome (Job's Syndrome)...
- Contact lenses in pediatrics study in SingaporeLim Li
Singapore National Eye Centre, Singapore
Eye Contact Lens 35:188-95. 2009..This study was undertaken in Singapore and evaluated the safety, efficacy, and physiologic performance of daily disposable soft lenses in a population of children...
- Eyelid splitting with follicular extirpation using a monopolar cautery for the treatment of trichiasis and distichiasisMi Jung Chi
Department of Ophthalmology, Ansan Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 516, Gojan Dong, Ansan shi, Kyunggi Do, 425 707, Korea
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:637-40. 2007..To assess the efficacy of eyelid splitting coupled with follicular extirpation via monopolar cautery in the treatment of trichiasis and distichiasis...
- Eyelid merkel cell carcinoma: report of three casesAndré G B Nicoletti
Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 20:117-21. 2004..To present three cases of Merkel cell carcinoma, a primary cutaneous neuroendocrine tumor that arises from Merkel cells, and to describe their clinical features, diagnosis, and management...
- Effect of chalazion excision on refractive error and corneal topographyAbbas Bagheri
Department of Ophthalmology, Labbafinejad Hospital, Shaheed Beheshti Medical University, Ophthalmic Research Center, Tehran Iran
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:521-6. 2009..To evaluate refractive and corneal topographic changes following excision of chalazia...
- Adenoid cystic carcinoma arising from the lower eyelidHiroshi Goto
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 50:374-6. 2006..Primary cutaneous adenoid cystic carcinoma is one of the rarest eyelid tumors...
- A study of ocular infections amongst primary school children in DelhiRajesh Kumar
Deptt of Community Medicine, Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
J Commun Dis 36:121-6. 2004..Conjunctivitis was the most prevalent infection followed by trachoma, stye, blepharitis and chalazion. The type and prevalence of infection was similar, in both sexes and both areas, rural and urban...
- Cutaneous and ocular signs of childhood rosaceaMelanie Chamaillard
Unité de dermatologie pédiatrique, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33 076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
Arch Dermatol 144:167-71. 2008..Objectives To describe the clinical features of cutaneous and ocular manifestations of childhood rosacea, to propose diagnostic criteria, and to emphasize the possible severity of ocular complications in this age group...
- A serious drug interaction leading to spontaneous total hyphemaD Trivedi
Department of Ophthalmology, Northampton General Hospital, Clifftonville, Northampton, United Kingdom
J Postgrad Med 56:46-7. 2010..Three days after he was discharged, he presented with preseptal cellulitis complicating left upper eyelid chalazion. Initially, he was treated with several anti-microbial agents used sequentially...
- Eyelid fistula caused by a scleral buckleOmar K Ozgur
Ophthalmic Plastic and Orbital Surgery, University of California, Davis Eye Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 26:369-71. 2010..81-year-old woman who presented with a nonhealing left upper eyelid wound that was repeatedly misdiagnosed as a chalazion, but diagnostic workup revealed an extruded scleral buckle to be the cause...
- Fulfilling human resources development goal in West Africa: can the training of ophthalmologist diplomates be improved?A A Ayanniyi
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 28:177-81. 2009..To ascertain the perspectives of Trainee Ophthalmologist Diplomats (TOD) on the Ophthalmic Diploma Training (ODT) in West Africa with a view to improving the programme...
- Successful treatment of ocular leishmaniasisM Abrishami
Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Labbafinejad Medical Center, Ophthalmology Department and Eye Research Center, Tehran, Iran
Eur J Dermatol 12:88-9. 2002..To report successful treatment of a case of ocular leishmaniasis with combined stibogluconate and allupurinol...
- Fire in the operating room: principles and preventionStephen P Daane
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:73e-75e. 2005..Lists of fire prevention techniques and steps to take in the event of an operating room fire are provided...
- Role of fine needle aspiration cytology in diagnosis of eyelid sebaceous carcinomaRajat Maheshwari
Ophthalmic Plastic Service, Shri Ganapati Netralaya, Jalna, Maharashtra, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 55:217-9. 2007..Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) of recurrent upper eyelid nodules treated elsewhere as chalazion was done. Cytological smears were suggestive of malignancy...
- Giant chalazia in the hyperimmunoglobulinemia E (hyper-IgE) syndromeN Crama
Institute of Ophthalmology, University Medical Centre Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Ophthalmol 14:258-60. 2004..To report the occurrence of recurrent multiple giant chalazia in the hyperimmunoglobulin E syndrome (hyper-IgE syndrome or Job syndrome)...
- Cuffed oropharyngeal airway: an option during paediatric ophthalmic surgeryMaria Sammartino
Paediatr Anaesth 12:559-60. 2002
- Ophthalmic chapters of Serefeddin Sabuncuoglu's illustrated surgical book (Cerrahiyyetü'l Haniyye) in the 15th centuryHalit Oguz
Department of Ophthalmology, Harran University School of Medicine, Sanliurfa, Turkey
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:49-52. 2006..covering a wide range of surgical specialties, including medical and surgical management of such ophthalmic diseases as chalazion, symblepharon, lymphangiectasia, pannus, proptosis, and hypopyon.
- Minor salivary gland biopsy in Sjögren's syndrome: A review and introduction of a new tool to ease the procedureP Varela-Centelles
Cantón Grande 5, Apt 1 E, 15003 A Coruña, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 19:e20-3. 2014..together with the use of the S forceps, represents a significant improvement over the already described chalazion forceps because it allows for a better access and positioning of the lower lip, improves the ergonomic ..
- Merkel cell carcinoma of the eyelid review of the literature and report of patients with Merkel cell carcinoma showing spontaneous regressionGuy S Missotten
Department of Ophthalmology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, Netherlands
Ophthalmology 115:195-201. 2008..To evaluate the clinical and histopathologic characteristics of Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC) of the eyelid...
- Treatment and outcomes for metastatic sebaceous cell carcinoma of the eyelidAmina Husain
Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Dermatol 47:276-9. 2008..To report the management and outcomes in patients with metastatic eyelid sebaceous cell carcinoma...
- Plexiform neurofibroma masquerading as a persistent chalazion-a case reportA Tey
Eye (Lond) 20:946-8. 2006
- Botulinum toxin A injection for primary and recurrent chalaziaTamara Knezevic
University Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Sestre milordnice, Zagreb, Croatia
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:789-94. 2009..To study the efficacy and safety of subcutaneous botulinum toxin A injections in the treatment of primary and recurrent chalazia...
- Primary cutaneous adenoid cystic carcinoma of the upper lid: a case report and literature reviewStefano Cavazza
Department of Ophthalmology, Maggiore Hospital, Largo B Nigrisoli 2, 40100 Bologna, Italy
Int Ophthalmol 32:31-5. 2012..A 77-year-old male was referred to our center with a clinical diagnosis of upper eyelid chalazion for a lesion that had appeared 2 years before...
- [Primary mucinous carcinoma of the eyelid. Case report]E Diwo
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Pierre Zobda Quitman, CHU de Fort de France, BP 632, 97261 Fort de France Cedex, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 36:e83-6. 2013..primary cutaneous mucinous carcinoma of the upper eyelid in a 53-year-old Caucasian male who appeared to have a chalazion. Histology showed rows and lobules of epithelial cells with discretely anisonucleotic nuclei and few mitotic ..
- IgG4-positive plasma cells in granulomatosis with polyangiitis (Wegener's): a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study on 43 granulomatosis with polyangiitis and 20 control casesSing Yun Chang
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Pathol 44:2432-7. 2013..We also included 20 control cases without any clinical evidence of GPA or IgG4-RD that consisted of chalazion (n = 8), chronic sinusitis (n = 8), and chronic tonsillitis (n = 4)...
- Pediatric ocular rosacea: 2 casesAna I M Miguel
Department of Ophthalmology, Centro Hospitalar de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
Eur J Ophthalmol 22:664-6. 2012..To report the clinical course of 2 pediatric ocular rosacea cases with a significant delay until diagnosis...
- Chalazion masquerading as sporotrichosisAri Nishio
J Dermatol 33:306-7. 2006
- Inverted pyramidal biopsyP J Weber
Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Dermatol Surg 27:681-4. 2001..The technique can also be employed to remove a host of benign lesions, including dermatofibroma, fibrous papules, and chalazion, among others.
- Metastatic eyelid disease associated with hepatocellular carcinomaSonia N Yeung
Department of Ophthalmology and Vision Science, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Can J Ophthalmol 42:752-4. 2007..This 76-year-old female patient presented with a recent history of a chalazion of her right upper and lower eyelids...
- Similar to acne vulgaris, bacteria may produce the biological glue that causes plugging of the meibomian gland leading to chalazionsCraig G Burkhart
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:295; author reply 295-6. 2008
- [Hypertrophic eyelid conjunctival scar. A tarsal keloid]F d'Hermies
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu, Paris
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:315-8. 2003..Histopathology showed that the lesion was made of a fibrous tissue organized like a hypertrophic scar. Surgical treatment of chalazion is frequent and rarely gives rise to abnormal scarring.
- Cutaneous leishmaniasis of the lid: a report of nine casesReza Yaghoobi
Department of Dermatology, Research Center of Thalassemia and Hemoglobinopathy, Jondi Shapour University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz, Iran
Korean J Ophthalmol 24:40-3. 2010..The most common aspect of lid leishmaniasis is chalazion-like lesions but ulcerous, phagedenic, cancer-like forms, and unilateral chronic granulomatous blepharitis may ..
- Visual defects in Nepalese children with Down syndromeNabin Paudel
Department of Ophthalmology, BP Koirala Lions Center for Ophthalmic Studies, Institute of Medicine, Tribhuvan University, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal
Clin Exp Optom 93:83-90. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine visual defects, especially refractive error and binocular anomalies, in a sample of Nepalese children with DS...
- Neurothekeoma palpebrae: A report of 3 casesJohn A Papalas
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 32:374-9. 2010..Patient 2 was a 4-year-old girl with a left upper eyelid lesion diagnosed clinically as a chalazion. The lesion was incised. Five months later, the patient returned with a firm 5.5-mm nodule at the site...
- Spontaneous resolution of chalazion after 3 to 5 yearsMichio Honda
Honda Eye Clinic, Ibaraki, Osaka, Japan
Eye Contact Lens 36:230-2. 2010..To report the first three cases of spontaneous resolution of chalazia after 3 to 5 years...
- [Carcinoma of the eyelid arising from a Meibomian gland]A Furdova
Klinika oftalmológie FN a LFUK, Bratislava
Cesk Slov Oftalmol 59:119-26. 2003Carcinoma of the Meibomian gland of the eyelid is very rare with atypical glandular features, that may appear initially as a chalazion formation and then invades the neighbouring tissues.
- Hemangioendothelioma of the eyelid can mimic chalazionYasser H Al-Faky
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Oman J Ophthalmol 4:142-3. 2011..We report the case of a 27-year-old female with right lower eyelid mass simulating chalazion of 3 weeks duration. The histopathologic examination of the excised nodule confirmed the diagnosis...
- Clinical and cytopathologic correlation in chronic inflammations of the orbit and ocular adnexa: a review of 55 casesUpreet Dhaliwal
Department of Ophthalmology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Orbit 23:219-25. 2004..Forty-two were granulomatous inflammations comprising chalazion (18), tuberculosis (5), Cysticercus cellulosae (3), ruptured epidermal cysts (2), actinomycosis (1) and leprosy (..
- Sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid diagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytologyMeenu Gill
Department of Pathology, Pt B D Sharma Post Graduate University of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
J Cytol 29:75-6. 2012..We report a case of this tumor diagnosed on fine needle aspiration. Clinically, a diagnosis of chalazion was made and fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) was performed...
- Granulomatous conjunctivitis in an ostrichMurat Saroglu
University of Istanbul, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Surgery Department, Avcilar Istanbul, Turkey
Vet Ophthalmol 6:337-9. 2003..b>Chalazion is a chronic granulomatous inflammation of the meibom glands that may develop from blockage of the ductules into ..
- [Cutaneous leishmaniasis of the lid]M Charif Chefchaouni
Service d ophtalmologie B, Hospital des specialties, CHU, Avicenne, Rabat, Maroc, France
J Fr Ophtalmol 25:522-6. 2002..The first patient presented with an ulceration of the superior eyelid that had been treated as chalazion. The second patient had a chronic lesion of the eyelid, present for 1 year, fitting the criteria for ..
- Unusual case of orbital apex syndrome after chalazion excisionMaria Milia
Department of Ophthalmology, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Optom 96:346-8. 2013..His medical and ophthalmic history involved diagnosis of lung cancer and chalazion excision two weeks prior to presentation...
- Budesonide-induced periorificial dermatitis presenting as chalazion and blepharitisEmil Henningsen
Department of Dermatology, Odense University Hospital, Odense, Denmark
Pediatr Dermatol 28:596-7. 2011..skin lesions presented in the eye surroundings, leading to diagnostic difficulties and treatment of presumed chalazion and staphylococcal folliculitis...
- Intratarsal epidermal inclusion cystMark J Lucarelli
Oculoplastics Service, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 24:357-9. 2008..To report 3 cases of epidermal inclusion cyst that arose within the tarsus, an unusual site of origin...
- Comparison of topical lidocaine [2% gel] and injectable lidocaine [2% solution] for incision and curettage of chalazion in Ilorin, NigeriaO O Osayande
Department of Ophthalmology, Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja Nigeria
Niger Postgrad Med J 17:270-6. 2010To compare the efficacy and side effects profile of topical 2% lidocaine gel with injectable 2% lidocaine solution as local anaesthetics for incision and curettage of chalazion.
- By the way, doctor. I have small white bumps on my eyelids, which drive me crazy. They don't hurt, but they look awful. I've been told they're Meibomian cysts and that the only solution is surgery. What is your take on this?Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Harv Womens Health Watch 16:8. 2008
- A giant upper eyelid ossifying pilomatrixomaSyed Ar Rizvi
Institute of Ophthalmology, Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, AMU, Aligarh, UP, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 56:509-11. 2008..Overlying skin was normal in color and texture. A differential diagnosis of dermoid, epidermoid cyst, chalazion and basal cell carcinoma was made. An excisional biopsy was performed...
- Chalazion surgery: advantages of a subconjunctival approachAna Filipa Duarte
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Hospital de Sao Joao, Porto, Portugal
J Cosmet Laser Ther 11:154-6. 2009..The obstruction of this gland is common, and results in a meibomian cyst or chalazion. Initially, a chalazion may spontaneously resolve, or respond to conservative measures such as warm compresses ..
- Eyelid tumors: histopathological and clinical study performed in County Hospital of Oradea between 2000-2007Mihaela Cristiana Coroi
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Oradea, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 51:111-5. 2010..Early diagnosis of these lesions can determine a favorable prognosis, especially in cases of malignant tumors...
- Early-stage mucinous sweat gland adenocarcinoma of eyelidTomohiro Nizawa
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science
Clin Ophthalmol 5:687-9. 2011..He was referred to our hospital with a diagnosis of a swollen chalazion. The clinical and histopathological records were reviewed and the mass was excised...
- Giant Merkel cell carcinoma of the eyelid: a case report and review of the literatureLuxia Chen
Tianjin Medical University Eye Center, 300084 TianJin, PR China
World J Surg Oncol 9:58. 2011..female patient that presented with large lesions in the eyelid underwent surgery after the diagnosis of acute chalazion. Following respiratory distress secondary to pulmonary metastasis, the patient's condition deteriorated and was ..
- Intratarsal keratinous cysts of the Meibomian gland: distinctive clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical features in 6 casesFrederick A Jakobiec
Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:82-94. 2010..To describe 6 patients representing a new entity of Meibomian gland keratinous cysts...
- Management of chalazia in general practiceHannah Gilchrist
City Eye Centre, Brisbane, Queensland
Aust Fam Physician 38:311-4. 2009..While most can be resolved with a minor operation in a designated procedure room, there is a lack of published literature on the details of the incision and curettage used to treat this condition...
- [Multidisciplinary management of an anaplastic sebaceous carcinoma of the eyelid in a 40-year-old woman]R Gallego-Pinazo
Servicio de Oftalmologia, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 85:76-8. 2010..It was believed to be a chalazion associated with an ipsilateral swollen pre-aurical lymph node, which had not responded to conventional treatment...
- BlepharitisTaliana Freitas Bernardes
Oftalmoclínica Rui Marinho, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Semin Ophthalmol 25:79-83. 2010..particularly rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis, and is related to other ocular conditions like dry eye, chalazion, conjunctivitis, and keratitis...
- Advancing the role of minor surgery for nursesNicola Dunlop
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
Br J Nurs 19:685-6, 688-91. 2010..The nurse specialist was trained to carry out incision and curettage of chalazion - a firm, usually non-tender, localized nodule under the pretarsal skin...
- [Therapy for actinomycosis in the lacrimal pathway]S Vujancevic
Augenklinik der Universität Witten Herdecke, Hagen
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 227:568-74. 2010..False diagnoses are usually conjunctivitis, blepharitis, dacryocystitis, hordeolum and chalazion. Besides viruses and fungi a variety of bacteria can cause a canaliculitis...
- Case report: Chalazion and its features visualized by ultrahigh resolution optical coherence tomographyL Sorbara
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, ON, Canada
Cont Lens Anterior Eye 34:87-91. 2011The purpose of this case report is to highlight the clinical characteristics of a recurrent chalazion through the use of digital photography and ultra-high resolution optical coherence tomography (UHROCT).
- Topical antiglaucoma treatment with prostaglandin analogues may precipitate meibomian gland diseaseM Geraldine Cunniffe
Instituto de Microcirugia Ocular, Barcelona, Spain
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 27:e128-9. 2011..A retrospective study of 43 patients presenting for incision and curettage of chalazion to the operating theatre over a 2-year period was performed...
- Pilomatrixoma of eyelid in a middle agedN Passi
Regional Institute of Ophthalmolgy, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Nepal J Ophthalmol 3:88-90. 2011..Pilomatrixoma presents as a firm skin nodule on eye lid or eye brow, so should be considered in the differential diagnosis of such lesions involving eyelids...
- Myeloma of the eyelid: a rare necrotizing lesionKuk Hyoe Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 25:142-4. 2009A 77-year-old man was referred to the authors with an impression of recurrent chalazion of the left lower eyelid. He had suffered from multiple myeloma and had undergone chemotherapy for 11 months. A 2.0 x 0...
- Iatrogenic eyelid granulomataDavid Haider
Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, Manchester, UK
Am J Ther 17:e131-2. 2010..A 12-year-old boy presented with a 2-week history of bilateral eyelid granulomata. They were noted to reduce in size and symptoms when posaconazole was discontinued. Symptoms increased when the drug was restarted...
- Eyelid sebaceous gland carcinoma in a young Caucasian manI Keskinaslan
Eye Clinic of the University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 225:422-3. 2008..Eyelid sebaceous gland carcinoma is rarely observed in young Caucasian men...
- Eyelid tumors in children: a clinicopathologic study of a 10-year review in southern TaiwanHuan Chen Hsu
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, ROC
Ophthalmologica 218:274-7. 2004..To describe the clinical and histopathologic characteristics of eyelid tumors in children in southern Taiwan...
- [Sebaceous gland carcinoma of the eyelids]Gabriela Valenzuela-Flores
Servivio da Medicina Interna, Hospital Dr Luis Sánchez Bulnes de la Asosciación para Evitar la Ceguera en México IAP, C P 03020 México, Distrito Federal
Cir Cir 72:47-53. 2004..Clinical diagnosis is difficult because is can be confused with chalazion, blepharoconjunctivitis, conjunctivitis, and basocellular carcinoma...
- [Chalazion mimicking an eyelid tumor]F d'Hermies
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04
J Fr Ophtalmol 27:202-5. 2004..study found an inflammatory lesion with epithelioid and giant cells, evidence of a granuloma, suggesting the diagnosis of chalazion. This case shows the various clinical presentations of this common and benign disease of the eyelid.
- [Intralesional corticosteroid injection in the treatment of chalazion]D Kaimbo Wa Kaimbo
Service d Ophtalmologie, Cliniques Universitaires de Kinshasa, Universite de Kinshasa, BP 16540, Kinshasa 1, Republique Democratique du Congo
J Fr Ophtalmol 27:149-53. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of intralesional corticosteroid injection in the treatment of chalazia in black African patients...
- Accuracy of the clinical diagnosis of chalazionP C Ozdal
The Henry C Witelson Ophthalmic Pathology Laboratory and Registry, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Eye (Lond) 18:135-8. 2004A chalazion, localized lipogranulomatous inflammation of the eyelid, may simulate various eyelid lesions...
- A rare agent of chalazion: demodectic mitesMurat Koksal
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, Zonguldak Karaelmas University, Zonguldak, Turkey
Can J Ophthalmol 38:605-6. 2003
- [Optical coherence tomography versus ultrasound biomicroscopy of conjunctival and eyelid lesions]Hans Jürgen Buchwald
Universitäts Augenklinik Ulm
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:822-9. 2003..The value of ultrasound biomicroscopy in the diagnosis of conjunctival and eyelid lesions is still unknown...
- [Conjunctival pyogenic granuloma in a patient with chalazions]F d'Hermies
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris 04
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:1085-8. 2003A 28-year-old male patient had a chalazion on his left eyelid. Increased discomfort led to the discovery of a conjunctival mass under the inner part of his upper eyelid...
- Pilomatrixoma of the eyelid simulating a chalazionWilliam R Katowitz
Ocular Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus 40:247-8. 2003
- [Pseudotumoral eyelid inflammation. Apropos of an anatomo-clinical case]F d'Hermies
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hotel Dieu, 1, Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris Cedex 04
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:423-6. 2003..Its histopathological study showed a granulomatous inflammation, which was typical of a simple chalazion. This case clearly illustrates that the chalazion may not always appear as a limited nodular inflammation of the ..
- [Treatment of benign eyelid conditions with Argon laser]J M Ruban
Clinique Ophtalmologique Universitaire A, Hopital E Herriot, 5, Place d Arsonval, 69003 Lyon
J Fr Ophtalmol 26:88-91. 2003..The technique and the main indications are described in this paper...