Summary: A syndrome which is characterized by symbrachydactyly and aplasia of the sternal head of pectoralis major.
Publications134 found, 100 shown here
- Endoscopically assisted reconstruction of male and female poland syndromeGregory H Borschel
Department of Surgery, Section of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0340, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1536-43. 2002b>Poland syndrome produces deformities of the breast and chest wall that can be highly disfiguring in both men and women...
- Individualized implant-based reconstruction of Poland syndrome breast and soft tissue deformitiesGregory H Borschel
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO, USA
Ann Plast Surg 59:507-14. 2007b>Poland syndrome encompasses a constellation of congenital chest wall, breast, and upper-extremity deformities, which present a significant reconstructive challenge for the plastic surgeon...
- [Anesthetic management of patients with Poland syndrome: report of two cases]Yukako Marui
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka 814 0180
Masui 52:274-6. 2003b>Poland syndrome is a rare anomaly characterized by unilateral absence of the pectoral muscles and ipsilateral syndactyly and microdactyly. Associated anomalies include defect of ipsilateral ribs and costal cartilages...
- Poland-Moebius syndrome: a case with oral anomaliesA C Domingos
Department of Dental and Maxillofacial Radiology, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Piracicaba, Brazil
Oral Dis 10:404-7. 2004..Panoramic and lateral skull radiographs confirmed the absence of certain teeth and the hypoplastic mandible. The diagnosis of Poland-Moebius syndrome was made on the basis of cranial nerve involvement and oro-facial manifestations...
- Autologous fat injection in Poland's syndromeV Pinsolle
Service de Chirurgie Plastique, CHU Bordeaux Université Bordeaux 2, Hopital Pellegrin Tondu, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:784-91. 2008..This technique is useful to add volume and especially to correct the contour defects of this syndrome such as the subclavicular hollow and absence of anterior axillary fold...
- Prenatal ultrasound diagnosis of poland syndromeDario Paladini
Fetal Cardiology Unit, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Federico II of Naples, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 104:1156-9. 2004b>Poland syndrome is a congenital nongenetic anomaly characterized by unilateral chest wall hypoplasia, ipsilateral hand abnormalities, and hemivertebrae. It has not ben described so far in the fetus.
- Poland syndrome with bilateral features: case description with review of the literatureAnwar Baban
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, Gaslini Children Hospital, Genova, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 149:1597-602. 2009b>Poland syndrome (PS) has been described as unilateral pectoral muscle deficiency variably associated with ipsilateral thoracic and upper limb anomalies...
- Poland anomaly associated with ipsilateral combined hamartoma of retina and retinal pigment epitheliumT Stupp
Eye (Lond) 18:550-2. 2004
- Poland's syndrome with spontaneous pneumothorax: report of two casesShi Ping Luh
Department of Surgery, Kuang Tien General Hospital, Hong Kuang College of Technology, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 101:148-51. 2002..Blood supply disruption has been hypothesized as a pathogenic mechanism of both spontaneous pneumothorax and Poland's syndrome, suggesting an association between these two diseases...
- Poland syndrome: a contraindication to the use of the internal thoracic artery in coronary artery bypass grafting?Maneesh Ailiwadi
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 130:578-9. 2005
- The carpal bones in Poland syndromeTalia Friedman
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Skeletal Radiol 38:585-91. 2009Classical Poland syndrome is represented by unilateral aplasia of the sternocostal head of the pectoralis major muscle and ipsilateral simple syndactyly and brachydactyly...
- A variant of Poland syndrome associated with dextropositionHakan Mutlu
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Haydarpasa Teaching Hospital, Department of Radiology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Thorac Imaging 22:341-2. 2007b>Poland syndrome is characterized by partial or complete absence of pectoralis muscles, ipsilateral syndactyly, and occasionally other malformations of the anterior chest wall and breast...
- Poland's syndrome revisitedAlexander A Fokin
The Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Carolinas Heart Institute, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:2218-25. 2002..Muscle flaps and breast implants may be used to correct muscle deficiency and breast hypoplasia and to help achieve a complete cosmetic repair...
- Cavernous malformation with Poland-Möbius syndrome. Case illustrationMelike Mut
Department of Neurosurgery, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Neurosurg 107:79. 2007
- Poland's syndrome in one identical twinD B Stevens
Shriners Hospital for Children, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 20:392-5. 2000..The original case described by Poland in 1841 was his cadaver, and no family history was reported. This twin study provides strong evidence that the condition is not determined by gene transmission...
- Poland-Möbius syndrome and cocaine abuse: a relook at vascular etiologySurasak Puvabanditsin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, New Jersey 07302, USA
Pediatr Neurol 32:285-7. 2005..Maternal history revealed multiple uses of cocaine during the first 3 months of pregnancy. The patient supports the Poland-Möbius combination and the possibility of vascular disruption sequence...
- Breast cancer in Poland syndromeR J Havlik
Sections of Plastic Surgery and General Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5200, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 104:180-2. 1999A 33-year-old African-American woman with a severe manifestation of Poland syndrome developed breast cancer in the ipsilateral breast...
- A case of ductal carcinoma in situ of breast with Poland syndromeT C M Wong
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, National University Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 33:382-4. 2004A 51-year-old woman was diagnosed with a rare case of multi-focal ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) of the breast associated with Poland syndrome.
- Poland syndrome associated with renal agenesisF K Assadi
Section of Nephrology, Rush Children s Hospital, 725 West Harrison Street, Suite 710, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 17:269-71. 2002b>Poland syndrome is characterized by unilateral aplasia or hypoplasia of the sternocostal portion of the pectoralis major muscle and ipsilateral syndactyly...
- Unilateral absence of the trapezius and pectoralis major muscle: a variant of Poland syndromePh Debeer
Department of Orthopedics, University of Leuven, University Hospital Pellenberg, Lubbeek, Belgium
Genet Couns 13:449-53. 2002..We believe that this anomaly belongs to the spectrum of anomalies resulting from disruption of the blood supply in the embryonic subclavian and vertebral arteries, as suggested in Poland syndrome.
- Radiological aspects of the Poland syndrome and implications for treatment: a case study and reviewHans Joachim Mentzel
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Friedrich Schiller University, Bachstrasse 18, 07740 Jena, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 161:455-9. 2002b>Poland syndrome (PS) (OMIM 173800) is a rare congenital anomaly classically consisting of the combination of unilateral aplasia of the sternocostal head of the major pectoral muscle and an ipsilateral hypoplastic hand with simple ..
- [Differential diagnosis of Poland-syndrome versus unilateral accentuated thelarche]K Bock
Klinik fur Gynakologie, Gynäkologische Endokrinologie und Onkologie der Philipps Universität Marburg
Ultraschall Med 25:377-82. 2004..We report the value of panoramic-sonography in the diagnosis of this rare condition in three patients...
- Anterior thoracic hypoplasia: a separate entity from Poland syndromeScott L Spear
Department of Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:69-77; discussion 78-9. 2004..with anterior thoracic depression, breast hypoplasia, and subsequent asymmetry are often diagnosed with Poland syndrome regardless of pectoralis involvement, or are placed in the generic category of breast asymmetry or skeletal ..
- Modifying integra as a regeneration template in deep tissue planesJ D Frame
Springfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 7GU, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 59:460-4. 2006..Such regenerated tissues survive at least 3 years after burying. Modification to the technique to avoid visible edges are being developed...
- [The balloon dissector in expander treatment: A ten-year experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery]K Oestreich
Klinik für Hand, Plastische und Rekonstruktive Chirurgie Schwerbrandverletztenzentrum, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfallklinik Ludwigshafen
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 38:240-5. 2006..The use of the balloon dissector ("space maker") for the implantation of soft tissue expanders is illustrated and technical aspects and advantages are compared to the conventional method...
- Poland's syndrome: different clinical presentations and surgical reconstructions in 18 casesRenato da Silva Freitas
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Unit, Hospital de Clinicas of Federal University of Parana, R General Carneiro, Curitiba PR, Brazil 80060 900
Aesthetic Plast Surg 31:140-6. 2007..The literature reports many variations of Poland's syndrome. This article describes 18 cases of Poland's syndrome in different stages of treatment, with variable clinical presentations and reconstructive techniques...
- Poland's syndrome and head-and-neck tumour: an unusual association causing a reconstruction dilemmaImre Gerlinger
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical School, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 264:553-6. 2007..One year following major head-and-neck surgery, our patient is tumour-free...
- Complete videoendoscopic harvest and transposition of latissimus dorsi muscle for the treatment of Poland syndrome: a first reportMarcelo Martinez-Ferro
Divisions of Pediatric Surgery, National Children s Hospital J P Garrahan, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:108-13. 2007b>Poland syndrome is a rare congenital anomaly characterized by unilateral chest wall hypoplasia and ipsilateral hand abnormalities...
- [Poland'syndrome and hand's malformations: about a clinic series of 37 patients]L Foucras
Service de Chirurgie Plastique, reconstructrice et esthetique, CHU Rangueil, Avenue J Poulhès, 31059 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 50:138-45. 2005..Poland's syndrome is a rare malformation which associates thoracic anomalies and anomalies of homolateral upper end. We wish to know the frequency of hand's malformations in this syndrome in our clinical experience...
- A newborn with Poland anomaly and liver ectopy: an unusual association with important prognostic implicationsLina F Chalak
Department of Pediatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Arkansas Children s Hospital, 800 Marshall Street, Slot 512 5 B, Little Rock, AR 72202, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:134-7. 2007b>Poland syndrome is a rare congenital anomaly characterized by unilateral chest wall hypoplasia and ipsilateral hand deformity and can include a spectrum of anomalies from a complete absence of the pectoralis major and minor, amastia, ..
- Poland syndrome: description of an atypical variantG A Ferraro
Aesthetic Plast Surg 29:32-3. 2005b>Poland syndrome comprises a unilateral absence of the large pectoral muscle, ipsilateral symbrachydactyly, and occasionally other malformations of the anterior chest wall and breast...
- Pediatric breast deformityKerry Latham
Department of Plastic Surgery, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Craniofac Surg 17:454-67. 2006..The purpose of this article is to review the most common congenital breast disorders including the diagnosis, workup, and management especially the timing of surgical intervention as guided by normal developmental milestones...
- Report of a girl with Klippel-feil syndrome and Poland anomalyM Erol
Department of Pediatrics, Yuzuncu Yil University, Faculty of Medicine, Van, Turkey
Genet Couns 15:469-72. 2004..To the best of our knowledge a case of Klippel-Feil syndrome and Poland anomaly has not been described before, although a combination of Poland, Klippel-Feil and Moebius anomalies has been reported in the literature...
- Congenital breast deformity reconstruction using perforator flapsAbhinav K Gautam
LSU Health Sciences Center, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, New Orleans, LA, USA
Ann Plast Surg 58:353-8. 2007Congenital breast deformities such as Poland syndrome, unilateral congenital hypoplasia, tuberous breast anomaly, and amastia pose a challenging plastic surgical dilemma...
- Surgical correction of Poland's syndrome in males - a purposely designed implantLuiz Haroldo Pereira
Department of Plastic Surgery, Luiz Haroldo Clinic, Rua Xavier da Silveira, 45 206, 22061 010 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:393-9. 2008..To present a type of silicone implant for the treatment of Poland's syndrome chest wall deformity...
- [Mammary reconstruction in Poland's syndrome]R Espinosa
Servicio de Cirugia Pediatrica, Hospital Infantil Niño Jesus, Madrid
Cir Pediatr 21:19-22. 2008..Most of our patients were very satisfied with final results even though they underwent complex procedures with a considerable rate of complications...
- Customised silicone prostheses for the reconstruction of chest wall defects: technique of manufacture and final outcomeSamer Saour
Mersey Regional Burns and Plastics Unit, Whiston Hospital, Merseyside, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:1205-9. 2008..This series indicates that accurate assessment of the defect, modifications on manufacture and proper placement of the implant result in a more satisfactory final outcome...
- Deep inferior epigastric perforator flap for successful simultaneous breast and chest wall reconstruction in a Poland anomaly patientHan Tsung Liao
Department of Plastic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Ann Plast Surg 55:422-6. 2005..Preoperative ultrasound Doppler study for internal mammary vessels is recommended for microsurgical anastomosis. Care should be taken with regard to the flap inset and the location of the nipple areolar complex...
- The management of anterior chest wall deformity in patients presenting for breast augmentationDarryl J Hodgkinson
Cosmetic and Restorative Surgery Clinic and Double Bay Day Surgery, New South Wales, Australia
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1714-23. 2002..Customized and prefabricated chest wall implants have been used in a variety of conditions including Poland syndrome, pectus excavatum, and sunken anterior chest...
- Free omental flap for skin-sparing breast reconstruction harvested laparoscopicallyAlfonso Gomez Jimenez
Division of Plastic and General Surgery, Chaleur Regional Hospital, Bathurst, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:545-51. 2002
- Intrapleural bupivicaine in latissimus dorsi breast reconstructionJoseph M O'Donoghue
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Ann Plast Surg 61:252-5. 2008..Intrapleural analgesia is a safe technique and significantly reduces the requirement for postoperative opiate analgesia in those undergoing latissimus dorsi breast reconstruction...
- Bilateral autogenous breast reconstruction using perforator free flaps: a single center's experienceMoustapha Hamdi
Plastic Surgery Department, Gent University Hospital, Gent, Belgium
Plast Reconstr Surg 114:83-9; discussion 90-2. 2004..This technique decreases the donor-site morbidity and offers an excellent aesthetic and long-term outcome and high patient satisfaction...
- [Totally healthy despite muscle atrophy?]Jörg Barlet
MMW Fortschr Med 147:65. 2005
- Moebius-Poland syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadismDiego López de Lara
Servicio de Endocrinologia Pediatrica, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Avda de Cordoba s n, 28041 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pediatr 167:353-4. 2008
- Poland syndrome in a neonate: report of one caseWen Bin Hsieh
Department of Pediatrics, Ten Chen Hospital, Yang Mei, Tao Yuan County, Taipei, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr Taiwan 46:239-43. 2005b>Poland syndrome is an infrequent disease that presents in newborn infants and features an incidence of about one in 7,000 to one in 100,000 live births...
- An extrathoracic cause for a unilateral hyperlucent lung on a chest radiographA A G de Klerk
Lung Unit, Tygerberg Hospital, University of Stellenbosch, Cape Town, South Africa
Respiration 70:643. 2003
- Experience with Bio-Alcamid, a new soft tissue endoprosthesisAnindya Lahiri
Birmingham University Hospitals, Birmingham, UK
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:663-7. 2007..It consists of 96% water and 4% synthetic polymeric polyalkylimide, and once injected becomes enclosed within a thin collagen capsule...
- Anterior thoracic hypoplasia: a separate entity from Poland syndromeDarryl J Hodgkinson
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:960-1; author reply 961-2. 2005
- Poland's syndrome and carcinoma of the breast: a case reportS C Katz
Divisions of Oncology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Breast J 7:56-9. 2001..A review of the literature reveals no previous report of carcinoma of the hypoplastic breast with Poland's syndrome...
- The use of a homologous preserved costal cartilage in an infant with Poland's syndromeMurat Akal
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100 Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:146-8. 2002..We present the use of a homologous preserved costal cartilage for reconstruction of the chest wall in an infant with Poland's syndrome, the use of which provided optimal chest wall stability with a favourable outcome...
- Invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast associated with Poland's syndrome: report of a caseHirotaka Okamo
First Department of Surgery, Yamanashi Medical University, Nakakoma, Japan
Surg Today 32:257-60. 2002..The present case suggests that such an event during gestational development may be associated with congenital anomalies predisposing to malignant disorders...
- Experimental study in rats: does varying the hardness of a silicone implant affect the type of capsule that surrounds it?Luigi Valdatta
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:1076. 2006
- [Poland syndrome (a case report)]Omer Deniz
Department of Chest Diseases, GATA, Ankara, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 53:275-9. 2005b>Poland syndrome is characterized with unilateral absence of pectoralis major muscle. Its incidence is one in 30000 live births...
- The developmental spectrum of proximal radioulnar synostosisAlison M Elliott
Winnipeg Regional Health Association Program of Genetics and Metabolism, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Skeletal Radiol 39:49-54. 2010..We investigated the hypothesis that posterior congenital dislocation of the radial head and proximal radioulnar fusion are different clinical manifestations of the same primary developmental abnormality...
- [Möbius syndrome]F Slimani
Service de stomatologie et chirurgie maxillofaciale, CHU Ibn Rochd, Casablanca, Maroc
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 111:299-301. 2010..syndrome is usually associated with multiple cranial nerve involvement, limb or orofacial malformation, and Poland syndrome. Although the pathogenesis of the syndrome is unclear, a number of mechanisms have been suggested including ..
- Double breast contour in primary aesthetic breast augmentation: incidence, prevention and treatmentVictor Médard de Chardon
Department of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, St Roch University Hospital, Nice, France
Ann Plast Surg 64:390-6. 2010..Mastopexy-augmentations, breast reconstructions, breast malformations (tuberous breasts and Poland syndrome), and patients with incomplete data were excluded from the study...
- Human preadipocytes seeded on freeze-dried collagen scaffolds investigated in vitro and in vivoD von Heimburg
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery Burn Centre University Hospital, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
Biomaterials 22:429-38. 2001..g. Romberg's disease, Poland syndrome). The autologous transplantation of mature adipose tissue has poor results...
- Do biomaterials cause implant-associated mesenchymal tumors of the breast? Analysis of 8 new cases and review of the literatureBonnie L Balzer
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles 90048, CA
Hum Pathol 40:1564-70. 2009..fibromatosis was known to have familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or Gardner syndrome, although one had Poland syndrome (aplasia of the thorax)...
- [Constitutional asymmetries in aesthetic breast augmentation: incidence, postoperative satisfaction and surgical options]V Medard de Chardon
Service de Chirurgie Plastique, réparatrice et esthétique, Hopital St Roch, 5, rue Pierre Devoluy, 06000 Nice, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 54:340-7. 2009..These asymmetries can lead to postoperative dissatisfaction in patients...
- A case of Poland Syndrome associated with dextropositionDoriana Lacorte
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Pediatrics, University of Ferrara, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 36:21. 2010Classical Poland Syndrome (PS) is characterized by unilateral, partial or complete absence of the sternocostal head of the major pectoral muscle and brachysyndactyly of fingers on the same side...
- [Poland's syndrome and spontaneous pneumothorax, a rare association]Burcin Celik
Department of Chest Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Ondokuz Mayis University, Samsun, Turkey
Tuberk Toraks 58:173-6. 2010..Initially chest radiograph showed total pneumothorax on the right side. The patient was treated with tube thoracostomy. This case is presented to draw attention to the association of Poland syndrome with spontaneous pneumothorax.
- Poland syndrome with a rare associationDilip Gude
Department of Radiology, Medwin Hospital, Nampally, Hyderabad 500001, Andhra Pradesh
J Assoc Physicians India 60:56-7. 2012b>Poland syndrome is a rare congenital anomaly typically characterized by unilateral chest wall hypoplasia and ipsilateral hand abnormalities...
- Chest wall reconstruction with methacrylate prosthesis in Poland syndromeElisabet Arango Tomás
Unidad de Gestión Clínica de Cirugía Torácica y Trasplante Pulmonar, Hospital Universitario Reina Sofia, Cordoba, España Electronic address
Arch Bronconeumol 49:450-2. 2013b>Poland syndrome is a rare congenital malformation. This syndrome was described in 1841 by Alfred Poland at Guy's Hospital in London...
- Breast and chest wall reconstruction with the transverse musculocutaneous gracilis flap in Poland syndromeGeorge M Huemer
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Marienhospital Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Plast Reconstr Surg 130:779-83. 2012b>Poland syndrome is a complex chest wall deformity with unilateral hypoplasia of the breast and pectoralis muscle, with a missing anterior axillary fold in its most common form...
- Poland's syndrome with radial aplasia of the handL De Smet
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, U Z Pellenberg, Pellenberg, Belgium
Genet Couns 24:57-9. 2013..A case of symbrachydactyly with ipsilateral radial club hand is reported. Although this can fit in the vascular dysruption sequence, this is a rare combination...
- The transverse musculocutaneous gracilis flap for chest wall reconstruction in male patients with Poland's syndromeGottfried Wechselberger
Department of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital of the Barmherzigen Brüder Salzburg, Teaching Hospital of the Medical University Salzburg, Kajetanerplatz 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria gottfried wechselberger bbsalz at
Microsurgery 33:282-6. 2013..In this article, we demonstrate our experience with the use of a TMG flap for chest wall reconstruction in male patients with Poland's syndrome...
- Chest wall repair in Poland syndrome: complex single-stage surgery including Vertical Expandable Prosthetic Titanium Rib stabilization--a case reportJustus Lieber
Department of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Urology, University Children s Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 47:e1-5. 2012Various surgical techniques have been described for repair of chest wall defects in Poland syndrome. We describe the case of a 16-year-old boy who underwent autologous rib transposition after sternal osteotomy...
- A rare association of pulmonary hypertension and dextrocardia with Poland syndromeJwalant Raval
Department of Cardiology, Blacktown Hospital, Australia Electronic address
Heart Lung Circ 22:778-80. 2013b>Poland syndrome is a rare congenital abnormality with an estimated incidence of 1 in 20,000 to 1 in 30,000 live births. We report and discuss this rare combination of pulmonary hypertension and dextrocardia with Poland syndrome...
- Thoracic outlet syndrome in a patient with Poland syndromeLevent Ozcakar
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Gulhane Military Medical Academy Haydarpasa Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 88:1354-6. 2009We report a 20-year-old man with Poland syndrome who suffered from weakness, pain, numbness, and discoloration in the left upper extremity. He was eventually diagnosed as also having thoracic outlet syndrome...
- [Möebius-Poland syndrome]L A Ochoa-Urdangarín
Rev Neurol 34:999-1000. 2002
- Anterior dislocation of the shoulder associated with Bankart lesion in a patient with Poland's syndrome: a case report and review of the literatureP Zwolak
University of Cologne, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Cologne, Germany
Int J Sports Med 31:130-2. 2010..To our knowledge this is a first case report of a patient presenting with traumatic anterior shoulder dislocations due to kick-boxing associated with Poland's syndrome...
- Unilateral absence of the external oblique muscle with hypoplasia of the rectus abdominis muscle in a patient with Poland syndromeJ Michael Drever
Plast Reconstr Surg 110:1802-3. 2002
- [The Poland' syndrome. Case report]Antonio Martino
Ospedale Pineta Grande, Castel Volturno, Caserta
Ann Ital Chir 80:205-9. 2009..Besides the importance of a precocious diagnosis is underlined, due to avoid complications related to late rehabilitation and multidisciplinary approach to the patient...
- Pathology in children of HIV womenAna Pilar Nso Roca
Servicio Inmuno Pediatría, Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Indian J Pediatr 76:1125-30. 2009..To assess the frequency of perinatal pathology in children exposed to antiretrovirals in perinatal period...
- Lipomodeling of Poland's syndrome: a new treatment of the thoracic deformityEmmanuel Delay
Plastic Surgery Department, University of Lyon, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, Lyon, France
Aesthetic Plast Surg 34:218-25. 2010..Results were, in general, inadequate and the appearance unnatural. Our experience with fat transfer for breast reconstruction led us to propose reconstruction of the breast and thorax by serial fat transfer...
- [Correction of breast Poland's anomalies. About eight cases and literature review]M Fekih
CHU Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisie
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 55:211-8. 2010..The objective of the present study was to analyze current indications and results of different methods for breast anomaly correction of Poland's syndrome...
- [Custom made chest-wall implant and Poland's syndrome: Between art and science]D Perignon
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, Amiens University Hospital, Picardie, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 55:225-32. 2010..This alternative enhances the surgeon's therapeutic arsenal, so that he can provide a customized answer, adapted to the requirements and the morphological characteristics of each patient...
- Poland-Mobius syndrome in an infant girlKhalid A Al-Mazrou
Otolaryngology Department, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Saudi Med 29:482-4. 2009..To our knowldge, this is the first report of such an association between Poland-Mobius syndrome and congenital bilateral vocal fold immobility...
- Psoriasis vulgaris and Poland's syndrome in the same patientSezai Sasmaz
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, Kahramanmaras Sutcuimam University, Kahramanmaras, Turkey
J Dermatol 29:773-5. 2002..A 19-year-old female with Poland's syndrome having psoriatic plaques on her trunk, knees, and elbows is reported in this paper. Such an association of Poland's syndrome with psoriasis has not been described previously...
- Minor Poland's syndrome mimicking localized lipoatrophyH Serhat Inaloz
J Dermatol 29:815-7. 2002
- Preoperative assessment of chest wall deformitiesPaul M Colombani
Division of Pediatric Surgery, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 21:58-63. 2009Anterior chest wall anomalies vary by age at presentation, signs, and symptoms as well as evaluation and subsequent surgical treatment. The most common abnormalities include pectus excavatum, pectus carinatum, and Poland syndrome.
- Aesthetic improvements in Poland's syndrome treatment with omentum flapSirlei dos Santos Costa
Department of Surgery, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Ramiro Barcelos 2350, Bairro Rio Branco, Porto Alegre, RS, 90035 003, Brazil
Aesthetic Plast Surg 34:634-9. 2010..This study aimed to demonstrate the superior results of laparoscopically harvested omentum flap to achieve these aesthetic improvements...
- [A neonate with a congenital hand defect]Petra J G Zwijnenburg
Vrije Universiteit Medisch Centrum, afd Klinische Genetica, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 154:A996. 2010A newborn presented with a birth defect of his left hand and unilateral hypoplasia of his left musculus pectoralis major and left nipple. He was diagnosed with Poland syndrome.
- [Mammary implant selection or chest implants fabrication with computer help]J P Chavoin
Service de chirurgie plastique et des brûlés, CHU Rangueil, Toulouse, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 55:471-80. 2010..Concerning funnel chest (163 cases) and Poland syndrome (12 cases), they use computer-assisted conception and custom-made implants, much more precise than ..
- Poland's syndrome: variable expression and associated anomaliesM R Wilson
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor
J Hand Surg Am 13:880-2. 1988..Of special interest are those involving the spine and genitourinary tract that require special studies for early detection...
- Myoelectric prostheses in the management of Poland's syndrome. A report of 2 casesD Datta
Disablement Services Centres, Northern General Hospital, Sheffield, UK
J Hand Surg Br 19:659-61. 1994..We report two cases of Poland's syndrome where myoelectric prostheses have been successfully used. We have been unable to find any published report of the use of a myoelectric prosthesis in Poland's syndrome...
- Syndactyly correction without skin-graftingL Ekerot
Department of Hand Surgery, Lund University, , Sweden
J Hand Surg Br 21:330-7. 1996..There were no early complications. The follow-up averaged 2 years. There were two cases of web creep but no contractures. The method combines the advantage of direct suture with an acceptable frequency of web creep...
- Classification of hand anomalies in Poland's syndromeM M Al-Qattan
Division of Plastic Surgery, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Br J Plast Surg 54:132-6. 2001..Clinical cases are presented along with similar cases from the literature. The aetiology of Poland's syndrome is discussed and the various malformations that may co-exist with this syndrome are reviewed...
- Multiple cavernous malformations presenting in a patient with Poland syndrome: A case reportKarlo J Lizarraga
Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, 10945 Le Conte Avenue, Room 2120, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Med Case Reports 5:469. 2011..abstract:..
- Breast deformities and mastopexyMaurice Y Nahabedian
Department of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 127:91e-102e. 2011..Appreciate the diversity of approaches for the correction of breast deformities and mastopexy. 2. Review the salient literature. 3. Understand patient selection criteria and indications...
- Breast cancer and Poland's syndrome: a case report and literature reviewFan Zhang
Breast Disease Center, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Breast J 17:196-200. 2011..We herein report a case of Poland's syndrome associated with invasive ductal carcinoma of breast, and review the literatures to investigate the clinical characteristics of breast cancer with Poland's syndrome...
- [Poland's syndrome in women: Therapeutic indications according to the grade. Apropos of 11 cases and review of the literature]A Baratte
Service de Chirurgie D, hôpital Bonsecours, 1, place Philippe de Vigneulles, 57000 Metz, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 56:33-42. 2011..Correction of chest and breast abnormalities in Poland's syndrome differs among authors. The aim of this study is to discuss surgical protocols according to the grade of Poland's syndrome in women...
- Bilateral pectoral musculature malformations with concomitant vascular anomalyG K Paraskevas
Department of Anatomy, Medical School of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 69:187-91. 2010..The combination of the above anomalies constitutes an atypical pattern of Poland syndrome. We discuss the related embryological development and the relative literature...
- Thoracic defects: cleft sternum and Poland syndromeAlexander A Fokin
Heineman Medical Research Foundation, 1001 Blythe Boulevard, Suite 604, Charlotte, NC 28203, USA
Thorac Surg Clin 20:575-82. 2010..In addition to the thoracic defect, Poland syndrome can be associated with hand anomalies, dextrocardia, renal agenesia, and various tumors...
- Successful use of squeezed-fat grafts to correct a breast affected by Poland syndromeHyunjin Yang
Kangnam Plastic Surgery, Shinsa Dong 577 7, Kangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Aesthetic Plast Surg 35:418-25. 2011This study attempted to reconstruct deformities of a Poland syndrome patient using autologous fat tissues. All injected fat tissues were condensed by squeezing centrifugation...
- Poland anomaly with foot symbrachydactylyElias O Silva
Am J Med Genet 109:333-4. 2002
- Pediatric chest wall and breast deformitiesJohn A van Aalst
Division of Plastic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7195, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 124:38e-49e. 2009....
- [State of the hemostasis system in Poland's syndrome]Iu Iu Fedorov
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 161:29-32. 2002..The data of examination, case history and results of investigation of the hemostasis system show the Poland syndrome to be a variant of mesenchymal dysplasias...
- [Latissimus dorsi transfer to restore thoracic malformation of Poland's syndrome]Ji guang Ma
Plastic Surgery Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100041, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:48-9. 2006..To study the methods and points for attention of latissimus dorsi muscle flap transplantation to correct the thoracic malformation of Poland's syndrome...
- Mild degree of Poland's Syndrome reconstruction with customized silicone prosthesisG Avci
Aesthetic Plast Surg 27:112-5. 2003..The patient's chest wall was reconstructed with a customized silicone prosthesis. This reconstructive technique is a simple alternative to more complex surgeries or muscle transposition...
- [Poland syndrome--clinical study]P Vasileva
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 46:16-9. 2007..This syndrome is occasionally associated with either unilateral or bilateral hypoplasia of breast...
- Outcomes of Furlow&Conventional Palatoplasty ProceduresRobert Havlik; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, there have been no studies on the palatal architecture parameters and their influence upon oronasal fistulae and velopharyngeal competence that have been published. ..