Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pain in the joint.
Publications271 found, 100 shown here
- Patterns and risk factors associated with aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia among breast cancer survivorsJun J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer 115:3631-9. 2009b>Arthralgia is common in postmenopausal breast cancer survivors (BCS) who are receiving aromatase inhibitors (AIs)...
- Chikungunya disease: infection-associated markers from the acute to the chronic phase of arbovirus-induced arthralgiaLaurence Dupuis-Maguiraga
CEA, Division of Immuno Virologie, Institute of Emerging Diseases and Innovative Therapies, Fontenay aux Roses, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1446. 2012..In humans, it causes a disease characterized by a typical acute infection, sometimes followed by persistent arthralgia and myalgia lasting months or years...
- The discordance between clinical and radiographic knee osteoarthritis: a systematic search and summary of the literatureJohn Bedson
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:116. 2008....
- Persistent chronic inflammation and infection by Chikungunya arthritogenic alphavirus in spite of a robust host immune responseJean Jacques Hoarau
Biology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Régional Nord Félix Guyon and Cyclotron Réunion Océan Indien, Universite de la Reunion, St Denis, France
J Immunol 184:5914-27. 2010..virus (CHIKV), produce a transient illness in humans, but severe forms leading to chronic incapacitating arthralgia/arthritis have been reported by mechanisms largely ill-characterized...
- Persistent arthralgia induced by Chikungunya virus infection is associated with interleukin-6 and granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorAngela Chow
Communicable Disease Centre, Singapore
J Infect Dis 203:149-57. 2011Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection induces arthralgia. The involvement of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines has been suggested, but very little is known about their secretion profile in CHIKV-infected patients.
- Persistent arthralgia associated with chikungunya virus: a study of 88 adult patients on reunion islandGianandrea Borgherini
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
Clin Infect Dis 47:469-75. 2008An outbreak of chikungunya virus infection occurred on Reunion Island during the period 2005-2006. Persistent arthralgia after chikungunya virus infection has been reported, but few studies have treated this aspect of the disease.
- Antibody to parvovirus B19 nonstructural protein is associated with chronic arthralgia in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitisJonathan R Kerr
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, London, UK
J Gen Virol 91:893-7. 2010....
- Perceptions of joint pain and feeling well in older people who reported being healthy: a qualitative studyJanet Grime
Keele University, Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele
Br J Gen Pract 60:597-603. 2010..Professionals have mixed views about this. One concern is that seeing osteoarthritis as a result of 'wear and tear' leads to restricting exercise in order to avoid further wear...
- A role for PACE4 in osteoarthritis pain: evidence from human genetic association and null mutant phenotypeAnne Marie Malfait
Department of Biochemistry Internal Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1042-8. 2012..The aim of this study was to assess if genetic variation in the PACE4 (paired amino acid converting enzyme 4) gene Pcsk6 influences the risk for symptomatic knee osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Effects of training on general practitioners' management of pain in osteoarthritis: a randomized multicenter studyOlivier Chassany
Département de la Recherche Clinique et du Développement de l Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Rheumatol 33:1827-34. 2006..To evaluate the effects of a short interactive training program for general practitioners (GP) on pain management in patients with osteoarthritis (OA)...
- A treatment applying a biomechanical device to the feet of patients with knee osteoarthritis results in reduced pain and improved function: a prospective controlled studyYaron Bar-Ziv
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:179. 2010..This study examined the effect of treatment with a novel biomechanical device on the level of pain and function in patients with knee OA...
- Anti-carbamylated protein antibodies are present in arthralgia patients and predict the development of rheumatoid arthritisJing Shi
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 65:911-5. 2013..Therefore, we studied whether anti-CarP antibodies are present in patients with arthralgia and whether their presence is associated with the development of RA.
- Aromatase inhibitor therapy: toxicities and management strategies in the treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone-sensitive early breast cancerSusan F Dent
The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, The University of Ottawa, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:295-310. 2011..Aromatase inhibitors are generally well tolerated; however, certain side effects, particularly arthralgia/musculoskeletal symptoms and gynecologic effects, may result in poor adherence to treatment...
- Facet joint pain in chronic spinal pain: an evaluation of prevalence and false-positive rate of diagnostic blocksRajeev Manchukonda
Pain Management Center of Paducah, Paducah, KY 42003, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:539-45. 2007..A retrospective review...
- Sonographic and electrodiagnostic evaluations in patients with aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgiaOmer Dizdar
Hacettepe University Institute of Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 27:4955-60. 2009To investigate the prevalence of arthralgia in breast cancer patients taking aromatase inhibitors (AIs) and perform a detailed rheumatologic assessment including autoimmune serology, musculoskeletal sonography, and electromyography (EMG) ..
- Joint painHans Georg Schaible
Institute of Physiology 1 Neurophysiology, University Hospital Jena, Teichgraben 8, 07740 Jena, Germany
Exp Brain Res 196:153-62. 2009..The overview will also address long-term changes of pain-related behavior, response properties of neurons and receptor expression in chronic animal models of arthritis...
- Chikungunya fever in Singapore: acute clinical and laboratory features, and factors associated with persistent arthralgiaM K Win
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng 308433, Singapore mar kyaw
J Clin Virol 49:111-4. 2010..During the initial outbreak period, a strict containment strategy was adopted and all chikungunya PCR-confirmed cases were isolated and hospitalised at the designated national outbreak management centre...
- Randomized, blinded, sham-controlled trial of acupuncture for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated joint symptoms in women with early-stage breast cancerKatherine D Crew
Columbia University, 161 Fort Washington Ave, 10 1068, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1154-60. 2010..Acupuncture is an effective and well-tolerated strategy for managing this common treatment-related side effect...
- Prospective study to assess short-term intra-articular and tenosynovial changes in the aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgia syndromeLeilani Morales
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 26:3147-52. 2008b>Arthralgia is an adverse class effect of aromatase inhibitors (AIs). To date, its exact mechanism remains unclear...
- Factors associated with persistence of arthralgia among Chikungunya virus-infected travellers: report of 42 French casesSophie Larrieu
Cellule Interrégionale d Epidémiologie d Aquitaine, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Virol 47:85-8. 2010..In 2005-2006, a major epidemic of CHIKV infection occurred in the Islands of the south-western Indian Ocean, and longstanding manifestations seemed to be more frequent than described before...
- Hand problems in community-dwelling older adults: onset and effect on global physical function over a 3-year periodE Thomas
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST55BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:183-7. 2009..To determine the impact of the onset of hand problems on global physical functioning in community-dwelling older adults...
- Osteoarthritis and joint painBruce L Kidd
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Queen Mary School of Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London E1 2AD, UK
Pain 123:6-9. 2006
- Gait differs between unilateral and bilateral knee osteoarthritisMark W Creaby
Centre of Physical Activity Across the Lifespan, School of Exercise Science, Australian Catholic University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:822-7. 2012....
- Chikungunya infection in Malaysia: comparison with dengue infection in adults and predictors of persistent arthralgiaM A Mohd Zim
Department of Medicine, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam, Malaysia
J Clin Virol 56:141-5. 2013..Both viruses cause similar illnesses which may be difficult to distinguish clinically. CHIKV is also associated with persistent arthralgia.
- Association between radiographic features of knee osteoarthritis and pain: results from two cohort studiesTuhina Neogi
Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMJ 339:b2844. 2009..To examine the relation of radiographic features of osteoarthritis to knee pain in people with knees discordant for knee pain in two cohorts...
- Chikungunya fever: a clinical and virological investigation of outpatients on Reunion Island, South-West Indian OceanSimon Djamel Thiberville
UMR 190, Emergence des Pathologies Virales, Aix Marseille Univ IRD EHESP French School of Public Health, University Hospital Institute for Infectious Disease and Tropical Medicine, Marseille, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2004. 2013..Although almost all patients are outpatients, medical investigations mainly focused on hospitalised patients...
- "Pain elsewhere" and the impact of knee pain in older peoplePeter Croft
Keele University, UK
Arthritis Rheum 52:2350-4. 2005....
- Long-term chikungunya infection clinical manifestations after an outbreak in Italy: a prognostic cohort studyM L Moro
Area Rischio Infettivo, Agenzia Sanitaria e Sociale Regione Emilia Romagna, Viale Aldo Moro 21, Bologna, Italy
J Infect 65:165-72. 2012..Following a Chikungunya (CHIKV) outbreak in Italy, a cohort study was conducted to describe the infection long-term clinical course and outcome...
- Aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia: a reviewP Niravath
Medicine Department, Lester and Sue Smith Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Oncol 24:1443-9. 2013..cancer therapy, many patients discontinue the medicine before their adjuvant therapy is completed because of the arthralgia which often accompanies the medicine...
- Chikungunya virus-associated long-term arthralgia: a 36-month prospective longitudinal studyClementine Schilte
Unité Immunobiologie des Cellules Dendritiques, Department of Immunology, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2137. 2013Arthritogenic alphaviruses, including Chikungunya virus (CHIKV), are responsible for acute fever and arthralgia, but can also lead to chronic symptoms...
- Lavage therapy versus nonsurgical therapy for the treatment of arthralgia of the temporomandibular joint: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsLukas M Vos
Department of Oral and Maxilliofacial Surgery, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
J Orofac Pain 27:171-9. 2013To carry out a systematic review of randomized controlled trials (RCTs) to investigate in patients with arthralgia of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) the effectiveness of TMJ lavage compared to nonsurgical treatment with regard to pain ..
- Online discussion of drug side effects and discontinuation among breast cancer survivorsJun J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 22:256-62. 2013..We aim to understand the frequency and content of side effects and associated adherence behaviors discussed by breast cancer patients related to using aromatase inhibitors (AIs), with particular emphasis on AI-related arthralgia.
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentRobrecht Motmans
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Heilig Hart Ziekenhuis Lier, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:737-40. 2009..Examination of knee stability after debridement showed a stable ACL. Arthroscopic debridement of the mucoid degeneration of the ACL proved to be a safe and effective method, without causing ligamentary instability in daily activities...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentS Fealy
Department of Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, affiliated with Cornell University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Arthroscopy 17:E37. 2001..We present this case to demonstrate the presence of intraligamentous mucoid degeneration in the ACL as a source of knee pain without instability. Partial ACL debridement did not preclude adequate knee stability...
- Pain in older adults: a prevalence study in the Mediterranean region of CataloniaJordi Miró
Department of Psychology, Rovira i Virgili University, Carretera de Valls, S N, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Eur J Pain 11:83-92. 2007..This study provides new evidence that pain is an important problem for the older adult, one that severely impacts on their health status, causing disability and reduced ability to function, particularly in older women...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentChin Jung Hsu
Department of Orthopedics, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 69:449-52. 2006..Arthroscopic debridement of the mucoid degeneration of the ACL was safe and effective in these 2 patients...
- The visual analogue WOMAC 3.0 scale--internal validity and responsiveness of the VAS versionPaula Kersten
School of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:80. 2010..However, there is relatively little evidence to support the use of the Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) version of the scale. We aimed to explore the internal validity and responsiveness of this VAS version of the WOMAC...
- Field evaluation of clinical features during chikungunya outbreak in Mayotte, 2005-2006Daouda Sissoko
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Cellule interrégionale d Epidémiologie de la Réunion Mayotte, 2 bis Av G Brassens, Saint Denis Messag 9, France
Trop Med Int Health 15:600-7. 2010..To record and assess the clinical features of chikungunya fever (CHIKF), with a view to enable diagnosis based on clinical criteria rather than costly laboratory procedures in field conditions...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligament--a report of two casesMakoto Nishimori
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, JA Onomichi General Hospital, Onomichi, Hiroshima 722 8508, Japan
Magn Reson Imaging 22:1325-8. 2004..If this disease is considered preoperatively, it can be diagnosed easily based on characteristic findings...
- Isolated resurfacing of the previously unresurfaced patella total knee arthroplastyRyan M Garcia
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Arthroplasty 25:754-8. 2010..Isolated patellar resurfacing for anterior knee pain in total knee arthroplasty with an unresurfaced patella has a low morbidity and revision rate but may not provide patients with predictable symptomatic improvement...
- Management of chronic knee pain: a survey of patient preferences and treatment receivedHelene L Mitchell
Rehabilitation Research Unit King s College London, Dulwich Community Hospital, London, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:123. 2008..In this study the management received by people with chronic knee pain, their management preferences and reasons for these preferences were recorded...
- Treatment of murine osteoarthritis with TrkAd5 reveals a pivotal role for nerve growth factor in non-inflammatory joint painKay E McNamee
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London W6 8LH, UK
Pain 149:386-92. 2010..They also suggest that, unlike post-operative pain, induction of pain in OA may not necessarily be driven by classical inflammatory processes...
- Risk factors for joint symptoms in patients enrolled in the ATAC trial: a retrospective, exploratory analysisIvana Sestak
Cancer Research UK, Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics, and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:866-72. 2008Joint symptoms (eg, arthralgia and arthritis) are a well-known side-effect of aromatase inhibitors. Low oestrogen concentrations and postmenopausal status are associated with the development of these symptoms...
- Joint pain with aromatase inhibitors: abnormal frequency of Sjögren's syndromeMichel Laroche
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, Toulouse, France
J Rheumatol 34:2259-63. 2007..With these treatments, joint pain is frequent (30% to 40%) and quite often disabling (5% to 10%). Our objective was to investigate the origin of the pain induced by the anti-aromatases...
- Long-term benefits and repeated treatment cycles of intra-articular sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) in patients with osteoarthritis of the kneeGernot Kolarz
Institut für Rheumatologie der Kurstadt Baden, Baden, Austria
Semin Arthritis Rheum 32:310-9. 2003..The benefits of a second treatment cycle in patients with renewed need for therapy also were examined...
- A prospective study of aromatase inhibitor-associated musculoskeletal symptoms and abnormalities on serial high-resolution wrist ultrasonographyN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5419, USA
Cancer 116:4360-7. 2010..Tendon sheath fluid and tenosynovial changes have been demonstrated by imaging symptomatic patients who were treated with AIs. The authors hypothesized that these abnormalities are correlated with AIMSS...
- Menopausal arthralgia: Fact or fictionMalgorzata Magliano
Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, HP21 8AL, UK
Maturitas 67:29-33. 2010b>Arthralgia is experienced by more then half of the women around the time of menopause...
- Aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in early breast cancer: what do we know and how can we find out more?Omar S Din
Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, Cancer Research Centre, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield, S10 2SJ, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:525-38. 2010..b>Arthralgia was a somewhat unexpected side effect of this class of agents and has proven to be potentially problematic in ..
- Prevalence and risk factors for joint pain among men and women in the West of Scotland Twenty-07 studyJ Adamson
Department of Health Sciences, University of York, 1st Floor Seebohm Rowntree Building, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK
Ann Rheum Dis 65:520-4. 2006..To examine the association between three modifiable risk factors (obesity, smoking, and alcohol consumption) and reported joint pain...
- Arthritis and pain. Future targets to control osteoarthritis painAndy Dray
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, Frederick Banting St, Montreal H4S 1Z9, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 9:212. 2007..Future neurological treatments of pain appear optimistic but will require the systematic evaluation of emerging opportunities...
- Tibial subchondral bone size and knee cartilage defects: relevance to knee osteoarthritisC Ding
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Australia
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:479-86. 2007..Taken as a whole, these studies suggest that tibial subchondral bone expansion and cartilage defect development represent important targets for the prevention of cartilage loss and joint replacement...
- Arthritis development in patients with arthralgia is strongly associated with anti-citrullinated protein antibody status: a prospective cohort studyW H Bos
Jan van Breemen Instituut, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 69:490-4. 2010..Anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) are associated with increased risk for rheumatoid arthritis...
- Aromatase inhibitors and the syndrome of arthralgias with estrogen deprivationDavid T Felson
Boston University Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:2594-8. 2005
- Predicting radiographic hip osteoarthritis from range of movementF Birrell
ARC Epidemiology Unit, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:506-12. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Restriction in range of movement was predictive of the presence of OA in these new presenters to primary care with hip pain, and the results of this examination could be used to inform decisions regarding radiography...
- Associations between physical examination and self-reported physical function in older community-dwelling adults with knee painLaurence Wood
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Stoke on Trent ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
Phys Ther 88:33-42. 2008..Clinicians depend on the history and physical examination to direct treatment. The purpose of this study was to examine the associations between simple physical examination tests and self-reported physical functional limitations...
- Efficacy and safety of topical diclofenac containing dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) compared with those of topical placebo, DMSO vehicle and oral diclofenac for knee osteoarthritisLee S Simon
SDG LLC Consulting, 124 Mt Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA, USA
Pain 143:238-45. 2009..TDiclo in DMSO vehicle is an effective treatment option for knee osteoarthritis with efficacy similar to, but tolerability better than ODiclo. DMSO vehicle was no more efficacious than placebo...
- Feasibility trial of electroacupuncture for aromatase inhibitor--related arthralgia in breast cancer survivorsJames J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 8:123-9. 2009b>Arthralgia affects postmenopausal women receiving aromatase inhibitors (AIs) for breast cancer...
- The extent of the anti-citrullinated protein antibody repertoire is associated with arthritis development in patients with seropositive arthralgiaLotte A van de Stadt
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratorium, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:128-33. 2011To determine the fine specificity of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) in the early phase of arthritis development, the ACPA repertoire in arthralgia patients and the association with arthritis development were studied.
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration, vitamin D intake and joint symptoms in postmenopausal womenRowan T Chlebowski
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, United States
Maturitas 68:73-8. 2011..However, the results are mixed and few studies have evaluated associations between 25(OH) D concentrations and both total vitamin D intake and clinical joint symptoms...
- Long term effects of intra-articular botulinum toxin A for refractory joint painM L Mahowald
Minneapolis VAMC, University of Minnesota Department of Medicine, USA
Neurotox Res 9:179-88. 2006....
- Management of anastrozole-induced bone loss in breast cancer patients with oral risedronate: results from the ARBI prospective clinical trialChristos Markopoulos
Hellenic Society of Breast Surgeons, 6 Eslin Street, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res 12:R24. 2010....
- Effects of duodenal seal oil administration in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseGulen Arslan
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Lipids 37:935-40. 2002..The results suggest positive effects of seal oil in patients with IBD, especially on IBD-associated joint pain. Further controlled studies are warranted...
- Time course of arthralgia among women initiating aromatase inhibitor therapy and a postmenopausal comparison group in a prospective cohortLiana D Castel
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37203 1738, USA
Cancer 119:2375-82. 2013..AI-related arthralgia (joint pain and/or stiffness) may contribute to nonadherence, but longitudinal data are needed on arthralgia ..
- MRI of hand and foot joints of patients with anticitrullinated peptide antibody positive arthralgia without clinical arthritisAnnemarie Krabben
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 72:1540-4. 2013..Whether local inflammation occurs in the preclinical phase is unknown. Therefore, we studied the small joints of ACPA positive arthralgia patients for local subclinical inflammation.
- Effect of meniscal damage on the development of frequent knee pain, aching, or stiffnessM Englund
Clinical Epidemiology Branch and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:4048-54. 2007..To evaluate the effect of meniscal damage on the development of frequent knee pain, aching, or stiffness in middle-aged and older adults...
- Population requirement for primary hip-replacement surgery: a cross-sectional studyS Frankel
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol
Lancet 353:1304-9. 1999..We set out to estimate the population requirement for primary total hip replacement in England...
- Quantifying the impact of transient joint symptoms, chronic joint symptoms, and arthritis: a population-based approachLucy Busija
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arthritis Rheum 61:1312-21. 2009....
- Short-term and low-dose prednisolone administration reduces aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in patients with breast cancerMakoto Kubo
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Anticancer Res 32:2331-6. 2012..However, adverse effects of AIs such as arthralgia have been extensively reported...
- Arthralgia during aromatase inhibitor treatment in early breast cancer patients: prevalence, impact, and recognition by healthcare providersAmilie Boonstra
Department of Medical Oncology, Radboud University, The Netherlands
Cancer Nurs 36:52-9. 2013Many breast cancer patients experience arthralgia symptoms during aromatase inhibitor (AI) treatment, which leads to poor compliance and a lower quality of life.
- Fluoroquinolone-induced arthralgia and myalgia in the treatment of sinusitisTsungju O-Lee
Division of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, USA
Am J Rhinol 19:395-9. 2005..Although tendon rupture has been described as one of the more severe side effects, there are few published reports of arthralgias and/or myalgias associated with these drugs...
- An ultrasonographic study of metatarsophalangeal joint pain: synovitis, structural pathology and their relationship to symptoms and functionHelen I Keen
University Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2140-3. 2011..Pain in the first metatarsophalangeal joint (MTPJ) is common, though the link between pathology and symptoms is poorly understood...
- The H63D variant in the HFE gene predisposes to arthralgia, chondrocalcinosis and osteoarthritisB Z Alizadeh
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1436-42. 2007To investigate the relation between the HFE C282Y and H63D variants with arthralgia and joint pathology in the population-based Rotterdam Study.
- Factors associated with rapid progression to knee arthroplasty: complete analysis of three-year data from the osteoarthritis initiativeDaniel L Riddle
Department of Physical Therapy, West Hospital, Room B 100, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Joint Bone Spine 79:298-303. 2012..The purpose of our study was to identify patient factors which predict rapid progression to knee arthroplasty, defined as arthroplasty within three years of baseline data collection...
- The time since last menstrual period is important as a clinical predictor for non-steroidal aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgiaMiyuki Kanematsu
Department of Surgery, Higashitokushima National Hospital, 1 1, Ohmukaikita, Ootera, Itano, Tokushima, 779 0193, Japan
BMC Cancer 11:436. 2011The clinical predictors of aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia (AIA), a drug-related adverse reaction of aromatase inhibitors (AIs), remain unclear.
- The value of ultrasonography in predicting arthritis in auto-antibody positive arthralgia patients: a prospective cohort studyLotte A van de Stadt
Rheumatology, Jan van Breemen Institute, Dr Jan van Breemenstraat 2, 1056 AB, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R98. 2010..Patients presenting with arthralgia and a positive anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) and/or Rheumatoid Factor (IgM-RF) status are at risk ..
- Medial plica syndrome: a review of the literatureSharath S Bellary
Department of Anatomical Sciences, School of Medicine, St George s University, Grenada, West Indies
Clin Anat 25:423-8. 2012..Overall, good outcomes have been seen following diagnosis and treatment of medial plica syndrome, with patients returning to their preferred levels of activity. This article reviews the topic of medial plica syndrome...
- Natural course of knee osteoarthritis in middle-aged subjects with knee pain: 12-year follow-up using clinical and radiographic criteriaC A Thorstensson
Research and Development Centre, Spenshult, S 313 92 Oskarström, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1890-3. 2009..To explore the natural course of knee osteoarthritis (OA) in a middle-aged population with chronic knee pain...
- Brief report: use of complementary and alternative medicine and psychological functioning in Latino children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis or arthralgiaKathy Zebracki
Loyola University Chicago, Department of Psychology, IL 60626, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 32:1006-10. 2007To describe the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and its relationship to symptoms of anxiety, depression, and dysthymia in Latino children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) or arthralgia.
- Association of functional polymorphisms in CYP19A1 with aromatase inhibitor associated arthralgia in breast cancer survivorsJun J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3400 Spruce Street 2 Gates, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R8. 2011Aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgia (AIAA) is a common and often debilitating symptom in breast cancer survivors...
- Pain and OAJ J McDougall
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 6:385-6. 2006
- Inferior or double joint spaces injection versus superior joint space injection for temporomandibular disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysisChunjie Li
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:37-44. 2012..To compare the effect and safety of inferior or double temporomandibular joint spaces drug injection versus superior temporomandibular joint space injection in the treatment of temporomandibular disorders...
- Does ultrasound correlate with surgical or histologic findings in greater trochanteric pain syndrome? A pilot studyA M Fearon
Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1838-44. 2010..Greater trochanteric pain syndrome can be severely debilitating. Ideal imaging modalities are not established, treatments are not reliably evaluated, and the underlying pathology is not well understood...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and musculoskeletal ultrasonography detect and characterize covert inflammatory arthropathy in systemic sclerosis patients with arthralgiaSarang Chitale
Department of Rheumatology, Inflammation Research Unit, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L9 7AL, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:2357-61. 2010..We explored the role of MRI and musculoskeletal ultrasonography (MSUS) in detecting and characterizing synovial inflammation in SSc patients with arthralgia while comparing the two imaging modalities.
- Pressure-pain thresholds and MRI effusions in TMJ arthralgiaJ R Shaefer
Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota, School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, USA
J Dent Res 80:1935-9. 2001It has been suggested that MRI-depicted effusions identify patients with TMJ arthralgia. The Research Diagnostic Criteria (RDC) propose a pressure-pain threshold (PPT) of 1 pound for the identification of TMJ arthralgia...
- An open-label trial of the selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor, rofecoxib, in inflammatory bowel disease-associated peripheral arthritis and arthralgiaW Reinisch
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1371-80. 2003..Conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have been associated with an increased risk of exacerbation of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Leg-length inequality is not associated with greater trochanteric pain syndromeNeil A Segal
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, 0728 JPP, Iowa City, IA 52242 1088, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R62. 2008..Although leg-length inequality has been suggested as a potential risk factor for GTPS, this widely held assumption has not been tested...
- Ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament: a case reportB Dinakar
Fujairah Hospital, Fujairah, UAE
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 13:181-5. 2005..Ganglia are typically treated by arthroscopic excision and debridement. We report a case of ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament in a 16-year-old man...
- Antinociceptive effects of tumor necrosis factor alpha neutralization in a rat model of antigen-induced arthritis: evidence of a neuronal targetMichael K Boettger
University Hospital of Jena, Jena, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 58:2368-78. 2008....
- Intra-articular morphine as analgesic in temporomandibular joint arthralgia/osteoarthritisT List
TMD Unit, Specialist Centre for Oral Rehabilitation, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Pain 94:275-82. 2001..a.) of morphine in 53 patients with unilateral arthralgia/osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)...
- Probiotics in arthralgia and spondyloarthropathies in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Prospective randomized trials are necessaryO Karimi
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:570-4. 2005..In this review we will focus on the pathogenesis of spondyloarthropathies and arthralgia in patients suffering from inflammatory bowel disease...
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and arthralgia following parvovirus B19 infectionJonathan R Kerr
Department of Microbiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Rheumatol 29:595-602. 2002To determine the incidence of arthralgia and fatigue complicating B19 infection, along with associated B19 markers and autoantibodies.
- Reliability of the lateral pull test and tilt test to assess patellar alignment in subjects with symptomatic knees: student ratersC J Watson
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 8876, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 31:368-74. 2001..Test-retest reliability with blinded testers...
- Surgical repair of the gluteal tendons: a report of 72 casesMichael J Walsh
Hawkesbury District Health Service, Windsor, NSW, Australia
J Arthroplasty 26:1514-9. 2011..00001). Surgical reconstruction of detached gluteal tendons causing chronic lateral hip pain addresses the problem directly and reliably relieves the symptoms of so-called "trochanteric bursitis."..
- Prevalence of self-reported peripheral joint pain and swelling in an Italian population: the Chiavari studyM A Cimmino
Unita di Reumatologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Genova, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:35-40. 2001..To evaluate the prevalence of self-reported joint pain and swelling in the peripheral joints of subjects from an Italian general population. To correlate the result with demographic data and physical activity...
- Panniculitis with arthralgia in patients with melanoma treated with selective BRAF inhibitors and its managementLisa Zimmer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Arch Dermatol 148:357-61. 2012..Painful lobular panniculitis appears to be a novel cutaneous adverse effect of selective BRAF inhibitors...
- Meniscal root injury and spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee: an observationD D Robertson
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:190-5. 2009..Although tears of the posterior root of the medial meniscus were frequently present in patients with spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee, this does not prove cause and effect. Further study is warranted...
- [Reduction of arthrosis associated knee pain through a single intra-articular injection of synthetic hyaluronic acid]D Krocker
Centrum für Muskuloskeletale Chirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 65:327-31. 2006..Clinical outcome using Durolane should be compared with the results of studies using hyaluronic acids or glucocorticoids...
- Getting a grip on aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgiasDawn L Hershman
J Clin Oncol 26:3120-1. 2008
- The role of the shared epitope in arthralgia with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP), and its effect on anti-CCP levelsW H Bos
Jan van Breemen Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1347-50. 2008Patients presenting with both arthralgia and antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) have an increased risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- [The effect of L-Glutamine and Shakuyaku-Kanzo-to for paclitaxel-induced myalgia/arthralgia]Kosei Hasegawa
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Medical School
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 29:569-74. 2002Myalgia/arthralgia is a crucial side effect of paclitaxel, and may become the major dose-limiting side effect. However, this is a situation where there is little effective preventive treatment...
- Improvement of arthritis and arthralgia after treatment with infliximab (Remicade) in a German prospective, open-label, multicenter trial in refractory Crohn's diseaseHans Herfarth
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2688-90. 2002
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda L Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Data from the large adjuvant trials evaluating the use of the AI's indicate that arthralgia is one of the major toxicities associated with AI therapy and one of the most common reasons for AI treatment ..
- Acupuncture for Aromatase Inhibitor-Related Arthralgias in Breast Cancer PatientsDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, up to 50% of women on AI report symptoms of debilitating musculoskeletal pain and joint arthralgia that can lead to noncompliance and early discontinuation, thereby impacting survival...
- Determining Molecular Mechanisms of Chikungunya Virulence and AttenuationKATHERINE D RYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The symptoms of arthralgia/arthritis frequently persist for weeks or months later the initial illness has disappeared...
- Pharmacology of Intravesical Antisense Based Therapy for Over Active BladderNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2013..systemic anti-NGF therapy from monoclonal human NGF antibodies (tanezumab) such as paresthesia, hypoesthesia and arthralgia. By comparing the pharmacology of NGF antisense administered via different routes, we propose to investigate the ..
- Development of a Novel, Chimeric Chikungunya VaccineRichard Kinney; Fiscal Year: 2009..mosquito-borne alphavirus and potential biological weapon that has caused debilitating and often chronic arthralgia in at least 2 million persons during the past 2 years, was recently placed on the NIAID list of priority ..
- Chimeric Alphavirus Vaccines for ChikungunyaScott C Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2010..is an emerging, mosquito-borne alphavirus and potential biological weapon that has caused debilitating, chronic arthralgia in at least 2 million persons in Asia and Africa since 2005...
- Characterization of alphavirus infection receptorsWilliam B Klimstra; Fiscal Year: 2009..are arthropod-vectored viruses that can cause human diseases ranging from mild febrile illness to severe arthralgia or fatal encephalitis...
- Estrogen Deprivation and Aromatase Inhibitor associated ArthralgiaJun J Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by Investigator): This application entitled, "Estrogen deprivation and Aromatase Inhibitor associated Arthralgia," seeks to apply pharmacogenetic epidemiology, appropriate biomarkers, and validated patient-reported outcomes ..
- Decision making on aromatase inhibitors in breast cancer survivors 65 and olderHUIBRIE CHRISTELLE PIETERS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) are associated with adverse side effects such as an arthralgia syndrome, hot flashes, loss of bone density, and cardiovascular events which may influence whether women persist ..
- Mechanisms of Chikungunya Virus Binding and EntryLAURIE SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2013..human pathogen causes an acute febrile illness characterized by a maculopapular rash and incapacitating arthralgia, which can evolve to chronic arthritis...
- SURROGATE ASSAY FOR B19 PARVOVIRUS SERUM NEUTRALIZATIONGEETHA BANSAL; Fiscal Year: 1990..disease syndromes including mild illness with rash in children (erythema infectiosum), febrile illness with arthralgia or arthritis in adults, serious transient or chronic aplastic anemia in hematology, oncology, and ..
- DEFINITION OF THE CHRONIC EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS SYNDROMEJames Jones; Fiscal Year: 1990..end, patients who have had varying combinations of pharyngitis, lymphadenopathy, headache, fatigue, myalgia, arthralgia, neuralgia, paresthesis, depression and dyslogia for over two years, and four controls--unrelated individuals ..
- COMPUTERIZED THERMOGRAPHY OF CRANIOMANDIBULAR DISORDERSBARTON GRATT; Fiscal Year: 1990..be able to distinguish between normal subjects and patients having internal derangements, osteoarthritis, or arthralgia of the TMJ; 2...
- PARAFUNCTIONAL ACTIVITY AND TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERSAlan Glaros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Structural Correlates of Knee PainDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- (BOAMRI) Biomarkers in Osteoarthritis MRI StudiesDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Use of validated biomarkers will greatly accelerate therapeutic development for this pressing public health concern. ..
- THE FRAMINGHAM OSTEOARTHRITIS STUDYDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Relation of Alignment and Other Risk Factors to Knee OADAVID TOBIN FELSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CLINICAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fourth, we will integrate residents in training into the CREST program to develop an interest in clinical research at an early stage of training. ..
- GENETIC AND MOLECULAR BASIS OF FAMILIAL COLD URTICARIAHarold Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2002..The achievement of these goals will result in identification of the gene responsible for familial cold urticaria which will ultimately lead to an understanding of the mechanism of the inflammatory response to a physical stimulus. ..
- Novel regulatory role of cryopyrin in inflammationHarold Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..syndome (FCAS) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of rash, fever, and arthralgia following generalized exposure to cold...
- Basic Science of Tendon To Bone HealingAsheesh Bedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanics of non-contact ACL injuries in female athletesChristopher Powers; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cooperative Lifestyle Intervention ProgramWALTER REJESKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Analyses will also be conducted to determine whether changes in the primary outcome are mediated by changes in constructs from social cognitive theory. ..
- Patellofemoral Pain: Tibiofemoral Rotation ImpairmentsGRETCHEN SALSICH; Fiscal Year: 2007..Data will be obtained from MRI and instrumented motion analysis (kinematics, kinetics, and EMG) to test these hypotheses. ..
- Effect of Tai Chi on Osteoarthritic Knee Pain in Elders with Mild DementiaPao Feng Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Markers of Progression of Knee OsteoarthritisSTEVEN MAZZUCA; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hormonal Cycles in Women: Effects on Temporomandibular Disorder Pain & SymptomsLinda LeResche; Fiscal Year: 2008..Thus, the proposed studies will provide important and unique information on the relationships of biological and psychosocial aspects of pain perception in women. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Core symptoms and profiles in premenstrual syndromeEllen Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Further information will contribute to improved health care for women in their reproductive years. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TOGAVIRUS TROPISM FOR BONES, JOINTS, AND CNSMark T Heise; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- EPIDEMIOLOGIC STUDY OF THE LATE REPRODUCTIVE YEARSEllen W Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Interneuronal mechanisms for the control of walkingJianguo Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- CHRONIC MYELOGENOUS LEUKEMIA AND BCR-ABL SUBSTRATESBrian Druker; Fiscal Year: 2009..Combined, these data should offer significant insights into the biology of and the mechanism of transformation by Bcr-Abl. ..
- Treatment of Hypochondriasis with CBT &/or SSRIBrian A Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most recently, the 2004 National Advisory Mental Health Council's Workgroup on Clinical Trials stated: "the portfolio must include more research in this area"...
- Improved Vaccines for Rift Valley Fever VirusMark T Heise; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ITEM BANKING AND CAT FOR QUALITY OF LIFE OUTCOMESDavid Cella; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also monitor treatment/management changes, and evaluate acceptability of computer assessments and the perceived benefits of the recommendations. ..
- SPECT Brain Imaging as a Biomarker of Major DepressionJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will compare these results to measurements of striatal DAT levels in 22 non-depressed, healthy subjects studied under similar conditions with [99mTc]TRODAT-1 SPECT on two separate occasions 8 weeks apart. ..
- TRIPTORELIN FOR OVARY PROTECTION IN CHILDHOOD LIPUSHermine Brunner; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- ECOLOGY AND GENETICS OF VENEZUELAN EQUINE ENCEPHALITISScott Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2005..This information will be invaluable in targeting prevention and control resources, especially for obtaining maximum benefit in developing countries with limited resources. ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- PET AND MRI IMAGING OF PERSISTENT LYME ENCEPHALOPATHYBrian Fallon; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will enhance our understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of patients suffering with the disabling effects of persistent Lyme encephalopathy. ..
- FAMILY STUDIES OF THE GENETICS OF ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITISJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Acupuncture on Bone Cancer Pain in MiceRuixin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will set a stage for further studying the mechanisms of EA in the control and management of cancer pain. ..
- ERYTHROCYTAPHERESIS TO LOWER IRON LOADING IN THALASSEMIAAlan Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..
- TRIAL OF ACUPUNCTURE FOR CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROMEArthur Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Adaptation To Pain And Stress In FibromyalgiaAlex Zautra; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. The examination of those factors predictive of the onset of widespread pain among the OA sample that displayed only regional pain at the initial assessment. ..
- Aging and Movement AccuracyEvangelos Christou; Fiscal Year: 2005..These preliminary findings will form the foundation for an RO1 application that will further explore the mechanisms contributing to the impaired movement accuracy in older adults. ..
- High velocity resistance training in older men and womenStephen Sayers; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Training in Patient-Oriented Research for PhysiciansEugene Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2006..Ultimately, the Yale CRS Program will help to increase the pool of physician-investigators who will be uniquely poised to conduct research to directly improve the health of all Americans. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Primary Care Research Methods and Statistics Conference, Dec 1-3, 2006Walter Calmbach; Fiscal Year: 2006..Evaluations are collated and considered by the multidisciplinary Program Committee during the planning stage of each year's conference. [unreadable]..
- Eliciting Patient Treatment Preferences for OsteoporosisLiana Fraenkel; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Spondyloarthritis 2006; The Unmet NeedsJohn Reveille; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Black cohosh therapy for menopause-related anxietyJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006..We hypothesize that Black Cohosh will result in superior QOL measures compared to placebo. ..
- Bioreactor Expansion and Transplantation of ES Cell Derived Osteoblasts and ChondJohn Matyas; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CAREER DEVELOPMENT IN WOMEN'S HEALTH RESEARCH AND GENDE*Ellen Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The BIRCWH program will track the career trajectories of Scholars and will continue to serve as a resource in terms of career counseling and research advice. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Chamomile therapy for generalized anxiety disorderJay Amsterdam; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Estrogenic Regulation of Inflammation Related to TMJDPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The function of estrogen receptors ER alpha and/or ER beta will be directly addressed pharmacologically (e.g., antiestrogen) and through mutation studies of the Fc gamma RIIIA promoter. ..
- HARVARD PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CENTERMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2003..David Louis). In summary, we will bring the full thrust of a Comprehensive Cancer Center and the full services of a pediatric center to enhance the Consortium and our mutual missions. ..
- Xenogen's IVIS 100 Imaging SystemMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This luciferase-based technology affords a superior method to achieve this aim. ..
- Estrogenic LXR Alpha Response /Cholesterol HomeostasisPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- PTHRP 1 to 173 IN CHONDROCYTESRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2005..Completion of these studies will indicate not only how PTHrP 1-173 can modulate OA, but also how functional properties of the PTHrP 1-173 C-terminal 140-173 domain can be harnessed to promote cartilage repair. ..