Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pain in the joint.
Publications247 found, 100 shown here
- Patterns and risk factors associated with aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgia among breast cancer survivorsJun J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Cancer 115:3631-9. 2009b>Arthralgia is common in postmenopausal breast cancer survivors (BCS) who are receiving aromatase inhibitors (AIs)...
- Persistent arthralgia induced by Chikungunya virus infection is associated with interleukin-6 and granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factorAngela Chow
Communicable Disease Centre, Singapore
J Infect Dis 203:149-57. 2011Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) infection induces arthralgia. The involvement of inflammatory cytokines and chemokines has been suggested, but very little is known about their secretion profile in CHIKV-infected patients.
- The extent of the anti-citrullinated protein antibody repertoire is associated with arthritis development in patients with seropositive arthralgiaLotte A van de Stadt
Department of Immunopathology, Sanquin Research and Landsteiner Laboratorium, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 70:128-33. 2011To determine the fine specificity of anti-citrullinated protein antibodies (ACPA) in the early phase of arthritis development, the ACPA repertoire in arthralgia patients and the association with arthritis development were studied.
- Chikungunya fever in Singapore: acute clinical and laboratory features, and factors associated with persistent arthralgiaM K Win
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, 11 Jalan Tan Tock Seng 308433, Singapore mar kyaw
J Clin Virol 49:111-4. 2010..During the initial outbreak period, a strict containment strategy was adopted and all chikungunya PCR-confirmed cases were isolated and hospitalised at the designated national outbreak management centre...
- Antibody to parvovirus B19 nonstructural protein is associated with chronic arthralgia in patients with chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitisJonathan R Kerr
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, St George s University of London, London, UK
J Gen Virol 91:893-7. 2010....
- Facet joint pain in chronic spinal pain: an evaluation of prevalence and false-positive rate of diagnostic blocksRajeev Manchukonda
Pain Management Center of Paducah, Paducah, KY 42003, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 20:539-45. 2007..A retrospective review...
- Sonographic and electrodiagnostic evaluations in patients with aromatase inhibitor-related arthralgiaOmer Dizdar
Hacettepe University Institute of Oncology, Department of Medical Oncology, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Oncol 27:4955-60. 2009To investigate the prevalence of arthralgia in breast cancer patients taking aromatase inhibitors (AIs) and perform a detailed rheumatologic assessment including autoimmune serology, musculoskeletal sonography, and electromyography (EMG) ..
- Association between radiographic features of knee osteoarthritis and pain: results from two cohort studiesTuhina Neogi
Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
BMJ 339:b2844. 2009..To examine the relation of radiographic features of osteoarthritis to knee pain in people with knees discordant for knee pain in two cohorts...
- Randomized, blinded, sham-controlled trial of acupuncture for the management of aromatase inhibitor-associated joint symptoms in women with early-stage breast cancerKatherine D Crew
Columbia University, 161 Fort Washington Ave, 10 1068, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:1154-60. 2010..Acupuncture is an effective and well-tolerated strategy for managing this common treatment-related side effect...
- Prospective study to assess short-term intra-articular and tenosynovial changes in the aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgia syndromeLeilani Morales
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecological Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 26:3147-52. 2008b>Arthralgia is an adverse class effect of aromatase inhibitors (AIs). To date, its exact mechanism remains unclear...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentRobrecht Motmans
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Heilig Hart Ziekenhuis Lier, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 17:737-40. 2009..Examination of knee stability after debridement showed a stable ACL. Arthroscopic debridement of the mucoid degeneration of the ACL proved to be a safe and effective method, without causing ligamentary instability in daily activities...
- Pain in older adults: a prevalence study in the Mediterranean region of CataloniaJordi Miró
Department of Psychology, Rovira i Virgili University, Carretera de Valls, S N, 43007 Tarragona, Spain
Eur J Pain 11:83-92. 2007..This study provides new evidence that pain is an important problem for the older adult, one that severely impacts on their health status, causing disability and reduced ability to function, particularly in older women...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentS Fealy
Department of Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery, affiliated with Cornell University Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Arthroscopy 17:E37. 2001..We present this case to demonstrate the presence of intraligamentous mucoid degeneration in the ACL as a source of knee pain without instability. Partial ACL debridement did not preclude adequate knee stability...
- Quantifying the impact of transient joint symptoms, chronic joint symptoms, and arthritis: a population-based approachLucy Busija
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Arthritis Rheum 61:1312-21. 2009....
- Pain and OAJ J McDougall
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 6:385-6. 2006
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligamentChin Jung Hsu
Department of Orthopedics, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 69:449-52. 2006..Arthroscopic debridement of the mucoid degeneration of the ACL was safe and effective in these 2 patients...
- A treatment applying a biomechanical device to the feet of patients with knee osteoarthritis results in reduced pain and improved function: a prospective controlled studyYaron Bar-Ziv
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:179. 2010..This study examined the effect of treatment with a novel biomechanical device on the level of pain and function in patients with knee OA...
- Mucoid degeneration of the anterior cruciate ligament--a report of two casesMakoto Nishimori
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, JA Onomichi General Hospital, Onomichi, Hiroshima 722 8508, Japan
Magn Reson Imaging 22:1325-8. 2004..If this disease is considered preoperatively, it can be diagnosed easily based on characteristic findings...
- Field evaluation of clinical features during chikungunya outbreak in Mayotte, 2005-2006Daouda Sissoko
Institut de Veille Sanitaire, Cellule interrégionale d Epidémiologie de la Réunion Mayotte, 2 bis Av G Brassens, Saint Denis Messag 9, France
Trop Med Int Health 15:600-7. 2010..To record and assess the clinical features of chikungunya fever (CHIKF), with a view to enable diagnosis based on clinical criteria rather than costly laboratory procedures in field conditions...
- Persistent chronic inflammation and infection by Chikungunya arthritogenic alphavirus in spite of a robust host immune responseJean Jacques Hoarau
Biology Unit, Centre Hospitalier Régional Nord Félix Guyon and Cyclotron Réunion Océan Indien, Universite de la Reunion, St Denis, France
J Immunol 184:5914-27. 2010..virus (CHIKV), produce a transient illness in humans, but severe forms leading to chronic incapacitating arthralgia/arthritis have been reported by mechanisms largely ill-characterized...
- The visual analogue WOMAC 3.0 scale--internal validity and responsiveness of the VAS versionPaula Kersten
School of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Highfield, Southampton, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:80. 2010..However, there is relatively little evidence to support the use of the Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) version of the scale. We aimed to explore the internal validity and responsiveness of this VAS version of the WOMAC...
- Isolated resurfacing of the previously unresurfaced patella total knee arthroplastyRyan M Garcia
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Arthroplasty 25:754-8. 2010..Isolated patellar resurfacing for anterior knee pain in total knee arthroplasty with an unresurfaced patella has a low morbidity and revision rate but may not provide patients with predictable symptomatic improvement...
- Management of chronic knee pain: a survey of patient preferences and treatment receivedHelene L Mitchell
Rehabilitation Research Unit King s College London, Dulwich Community Hospital, London, UK
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:123. 2008..In this study the management received by people with chronic knee pain, their management preferences and reasons for these preferences were recorded...
- Effects of training on general practitioners' management of pain in osteoarthritis: a randomized multicenter studyOlivier Chassany
Département de la Recherche Clinique et du Développement de l Assistance Publique, Hopitaux de Paris, France
J Rheumatol 33:1827-34. 2006..To evaluate the effects of a short interactive training program for general practitioners (GP) on pain management in patients with osteoarthritis (OA)...
- A prospective study of aromatase inhibitor-associated musculoskeletal symptoms and abnormalities on serial high-resolution wrist ultrasonographyN Lynn Henry
Breast Oncology Program, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5419, USA
Cancer 116:4360-7. 2010..Tendon sheath fluid and tenosynovial changes have been demonstrated by imaging symptomatic patients who were treated with AIs. The authors hypothesized that these abnormalities are correlated with AIMSS...
- Long-term benefits and repeated treatment cycles of intra-articular sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) in patients with osteoarthritis of the kneeGernot Kolarz
Institut für Rheumatologie der Kurstadt Baden, Baden, Austria
Semin Arthritis Rheum 32:310-9. 2003..The benefits of a second treatment cycle in patients with renewed need for therapy also were examined...
- Joint painHans Georg Schaible
Institute of Physiology 1 Neurophysiology, University Hospital Jena, Teichgraben 8, 07740 Jena, Germany
Exp Brain Res 196:153-62. 2009..The overview will also address long-term changes of pain-related behavior, response properties of neurons and receptor expression in chronic animal models of arthritis...
- Joint pain with aromatase inhibitors: abnormal frequency of Sjögren's syndromeMichel Laroche
Service de Rhumatologie, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, Toulouse, France
J Rheumatol 34:2259-63. 2007..With these treatments, joint pain is frequent (30% to 40%) and quite often disabling (5% to 10%). Our objective was to investigate the origin of the pain induced by the anti-aromatases...
- Treatment of murine osteoarthritis with TrkAd5 reveals a pivotal role for nerve growth factor in non-inflammatory joint painKay E McNamee
Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology, Imperial College London, London W6 8LH, UK
Pain 149:386-92. 2010..They also suggest that, unlike post-operative pain, induction of pain in OA may not necessarily be driven by classical inflammatory processes...
- Risk factors for joint symptoms in patients enrolled in the ATAC trial: a retrospective, exploratory analysisIvana Sestak
Cancer Research UK, Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics, and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, London, UK
Lancet Oncol 9:866-72. 2008Joint symptoms (eg, arthralgia and arthritis) are a well-known side-effect of aromatase inhibitors. Low oestrogen concentrations and postmenopausal status are associated with the development of these symptoms...
- Menopausal arthralgia: Fact or fictionMalgorzata Magliano
Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, HP21 8AL, UK
Maturitas 67:29-33. 2010b>Arthralgia is experienced by more then half of the women around the time of menopause...
- Aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia in early breast cancer: what do we know and how can we find out more?Omar S Din
Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, Cancer Research Centre, Weston Park Hospital, Sheffield, S10 2SJ, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 120:525-38. 2010..b>Arthralgia was a somewhat unexpected side effect of this class of agents and has proven to be potentially problematic in ..
- Osteoarthritis and joint painBruce L Kidd
Bone and Joint Research Unit, Queen Mary School of Medicine, Charterhouse Square, London E1 2AD, UK
Pain 123:6-9. 2006
- Population requirement for primary hip-replacement surgery: a cross-sectional studyS Frankel
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol
Lancet 353:1304-9. 1999..We set out to estimate the population requirement for primary total hip replacement in England...
- Aromatase inhibitors and the syndrome of arthralgias with estrogen deprivationDavid T Felson
Boston University Clinical Epidemiology Research and Training Unit, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Arthritis Rheum 52:2594-8. 2005
- Factors associated with persistence of arthralgia among Chikungunya virus-infected travellers: report of 42 French casesSophie Larrieu
Cellule Interrégionale d Epidémiologie d Aquitaine, Bordeaux, France
J Clin Virol 47:85-8. 2010..In 2005-2006, a major epidemic of CHIKV infection occurred in the Islands of the south-western Indian Ocean, and longstanding manifestations seemed to be more frequent than described before...
- Long term effects of intra-articular botulinum toxin A for refractory joint painM L Mahowald
Minneapolis VAMC, University of Minnesota Department of Medicine, USA
Neurotox Res 9:179-88. 2006....
- 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration, vitamin D intake and joint symptoms in postmenopausal womenRowan T Chlebowski
Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, United States
Maturitas 68:73-8. 2011..However, the results are mixed and few studies have evaluated associations between 25(OH) D concentrations and both total vitamin D intake and clinical joint symptoms...
- Arthritis and pain. Future targets to control osteoarthritis painAndy Dray
AstraZeneca R and D Montreal, Frederick Banting St, Montreal H4S 1Z9, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 9:212. 2007..Future neurological treatments of pain appear optimistic but will require the systematic evaluation of emerging opportunities...
- Perceptions of joint pain and feeling well in older people who reported being healthy: a qualitative studyJanet Grime
Keele University, Arthritis Research UK Primary Care Centre, Keele
Br J Gen Pract 60:597-603. 2010..Professionals have mixed views about this. One concern is that seeing osteoarthritis as a result of 'wear and tear' leads to restricting exercise in order to avoid further wear...
- Natural course of knee osteoarthritis in middle-aged subjects with knee pain: 12-year follow-up using clinical and radiographic criteriaC A Thorstensson
Research and Development Centre, Spenshult, S 313 92 Oskarström, Sweden
Ann Rheum Dis 68:1890-3. 2009..To explore the natural course of knee osteoarthritis (OA) in a middle-aged population with chronic knee pain...
- Persistent arthralgia associated with chikungunya virus: a study of 88 adult patients on reunion islandGianandrea Borgherini
Service de Pneumologie et Maladies Infectieuses, Groupe Hospitalier Sud Reunion, Saint Pierre, La Reunion, France
Clin Infect Dis 47:469-75. 2008An outbreak of chikungunya virus infection occurred on Reunion Island during the period 2005-2006. Persistent arthralgia after chikungunya virus infection has been reported, but few studies have treated this aspect of the disease.
- Management of anastrozole-induced bone loss in breast cancer patients with oral risedronate: results from the ARBI prospective clinical trialChristos Markopoulos
Hellenic Society of Breast Surgeons, 6 Eslin Street, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res 12:R24. 2010....
- Effects of duodenal seal oil administration in patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseGulen Arslan
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
Lipids 37:935-40. 2002..The results suggest positive effects of seal oil in patients with IBD, especially on IBD-associated joint pain. Further controlled studies are warranted...
- Inferior or double joint spaces injection versus superior joint space injection for temporomandibular disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysisChunjie Li
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 70:37-44. 2012..To compare the effect and safety of inferior or double temporomandibular joint spaces drug injection versus superior temporomandibular joint space injection in the treatment of temporomandibular disorders...
- Does ultrasound correlate with surgical or histologic findings in greater trochanteric pain syndrome? A pilot studyA M Fearon
Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:1838-44. 2010..Greater trochanteric pain syndrome can be severely debilitating. Ideal imaging modalities are not established, treatments are not reliably evaluated, and the underlying pathology is not well understood...
- Magnetic resonance imaging and musculoskeletal ultrasonography detect and characterize covert inflammatory arthropathy in systemic sclerosis patients with arthralgiaSarang Chitale
Department of Rheumatology, Inflammation Research Unit, School of Clinical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L9 7AL, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:2357-61. 2010..We explored the role of MRI and musculoskeletal ultrasonography (MSUS) in detecting and characterizing synovial inflammation in SSc patients with arthralgia while comparing the two imaging modalities.
- Leg-length inequality is not associated with greater trochanteric pain syndromeNeil A Segal
Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 200 Hawkins Drive, 0728 JPP, Iowa City, IA 52242 1088, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R62. 2008..Although leg-length inequality has been suggested as a potential risk factor for GTPS, this widely held assumption has not been tested...
- Pressure-pain thresholds and MRI effusions in TMJ arthralgiaJ R Shaefer
Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Minnesota, School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, USA
J Dent Res 80:1935-9. 2001It has been suggested that MRI-depicted effusions identify patients with TMJ arthralgia. The Research Diagnostic Criteria (RDC) propose a pressure-pain threshold (PPT) of 1 pound for the identification of TMJ arthralgia...
- Long-term chikungunya infection clinical manifestations after an outbreak in Italy: a prognostic cohort studyM L Moro
Area Rischio Infettivo, Agenzia Sanitaria e Sociale Regione Emilia Romagna, Viale Aldo Moro 21, Bologna, Italy
J Infect 65:165-72. 2012..Following a Chikungunya (CHIKV) outbreak in Italy, a cohort study was conducted to describe the infection long-term clinical course and outcome...
- An open-label trial of the selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitor, rofecoxib, in inflammatory bowel disease-associated peripheral arthritis and arthralgiaW Reinisch
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:1371-80. 2003..Conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs have been associated with an increased risk of exacerbation of inflammatory bowel disease...
- Chikungunya disease: infection-associated markers from the acute to the chronic phase of arbovirus-induced arthralgiaLaurence Dupuis-Maguiraga
CEA, Division of Immuno Virologie, Institute of Emerging Diseases and Innovative Therapies, Fontenay aux Roses, France
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1446. 2012..In humans, it causes a disease characterized by a typical acute infection, sometimes followed by persistent arthralgia and myalgia lasting months or years...
- Probiotics in arthralgia and spondyloarthropathies in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Prospective randomized trials are necessaryO Karimi
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 97:570-4. 2005..In this review we will focus on the pathogenesis of spondyloarthropathies and arthralgia in patients suffering from inflammatory bowel disease...
- Hand problems in community-dwelling older adults: onset and effect on global physical function over a 3-year periodE Thomas
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST55BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:183-7. 2009..To determine the impact of the onset of hand problems on global physical functioning in community-dwelling older adults...
- Ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament: a case reportB Dinakar
Fujairah Hospital, Fujairah, UAE
J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong) 13:181-5. 2005..Ganglia are typically treated by arthroscopic excision and debridement. We report a case of ganglion cyst of the anterior cruciate ligament in a 16-year-old man...
- Antinociceptive effects of tumor necrosis factor alpha neutralization in a rat model of antigen-induced arthritis: evidence of a neuronal targetMichael K Boettger
University Hospital of Jena, Jena, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 58:2368-78. 2008....
- Gait differs between unilateral and bilateral knee osteoarthritisMark W Creaby
Centre of Physical Activity Across the Lifespan, School of Exercise Science, Australian Catholic University, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:822-7. 2012....
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and arthralgia following parvovirus B19 infectionJonathan R Kerr
Department of Microbiology, Royal Brompton Hospital, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK
J Rheumatol 29:595-602. 2002To determine the incidence of arthralgia and fatigue complicating B19 infection, along with associated B19 markers and autoantibodies.
- Intra-articular morphine as analgesic in temporomandibular joint arthralgia/osteoarthritisT List
TMD Unit, Specialist Centre for Oral Rehabilitation, SE 581 85 Linkoping, Sweden
Pain 94:275-82. 2001..a.) of morphine in 53 patients with unilateral arthralgia/osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ)...
- Surgical repair of the gluteal tendons: a report of 72 casesMichael J Walsh
Hawkesbury District Health Service, Windsor, NSW, Australia
J Arthroplasty 26:1514-9. 2011..00001). Surgical reconstruction of detached gluteal tendons causing chronic lateral hip pain addresses the problem directly and reliably relieves the symptoms of so-called "trochanteric bursitis."..
- Reliability of the lateral pull test and tilt test to assess patellar alignment in subjects with symptomatic knees: student ratersC J Watson
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 8876, USA
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 31:368-74. 2001..Test-retest reliability with blinded testers...
- Panniculitis with arthralgia in patients with melanoma treated with selective BRAF inhibitors and its managementLisa Zimmer
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Essen, Essen, Germany
Arch Dermatol 148:357-61. 2012..Painful lobular panniculitis appears to be a novel cutaneous adverse effect of selective BRAF inhibitors...
- Prevalence of self-reported peripheral joint pain and swelling in an Italian population: the Chiavari studyM A Cimmino
Unita di Reumatologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita di Genova, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:35-40. 2001..To evaluate the prevalence of self-reported joint pain and swelling in the peripheral joints of subjects from an Italian general population. To correlate the result with demographic data and physical activity...
- Meniscal root injury and spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee: an observationD D Robertson
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Br 91:190-5. 2009..Although tears of the posterior root of the medial meniscus were frequently present in patients with spontaneous osteonecrosis of the knee, this does not prove cause and effect. Further study is warranted...
- [Reduction of arthrosis associated knee pain through a single intra-articular injection of synthetic hyaluronic acid]D Krocker
Centrum für Muskuloskeletale Chirurgie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Z Rheumatol 65:327-31. 2006..Clinical outcome using Durolane should be compared with the results of studies using hyaluronic acids or glucocorticoids...
- Getting a grip on aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgiasDawn L Hershman
J Clin Oncol 26:3120-1. 2008
- Associations between physical examination and self-reported physical function in older community-dwelling adults with knee painLaurence Wood
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Stoke on Trent ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
Phys Ther 88:33-42. 2008..Clinicians depend on the history and physical examination to direct treatment. The purpose of this study was to examine the associations between simple physical examination tests and self-reported physical functional limitations...
- Improvement of arthritis and arthralgia after treatment with infliximab (Remicade) in a German prospective, open-label, multicenter trial in refractory Crohn's diseaseHans Herfarth
Am J Gastroenterol 97:2688-90. 2002
- The role of the shared epitope in arthralgia with anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide antibodies (anti-CCP), and its effect on anti-CCP levelsW H Bos
Jan van Breemen Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 67:1347-50. 2008Patients presenting with both arthralgia and antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) have an increased risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Two cases with pachydermoperiostosis and discussion of tamoxifen citrate treatment for arthralgiaAysenur Okten
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Karadeniz Technical University, Pediatri Anabilim Dali, 61080 Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Rheumatol 26:8-11. 2007..It is a self-limiting condition but arthralgia may be as severe as limiting social life and activity, and it is the main complaint to be treated...
- [The effect of L-Glutamine and Shakuyaku-Kanzo-to for paclitaxel-induced myalgia/arthralgia]Kosei Hasegawa
Dept of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Okayama University Medical School
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 29:569-74. 2002Myalgia/arthralgia is a crucial side effect of paclitaxel, and may become the major dose-limiting side effect. However, this is a situation where there is little effective preventive treatment...
- The discordance between clinical and radiographic knee osteoarthritis: a systematic search and summary of the literatureJohn Bedson
Arthritis Research Campaign National Primary Care Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire, ST5 5BG, United Kingdom
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:116. 2008....
- Sindbis viruses and other alphaviruses as cause of human arthritic diseaseM Laine
Keuruu Health Center, Keuruu, Finland
J Intern Med 256:457-71. 2004..Several factors related to the viruses, their hosts, and global environmental changes may affect the spread of these viruses. All over the world arbovirus-caused diseases have increased, because of global changes...
- Vitamin D threshold to prevent aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia: a prospective cohort studyDaniel Prieto-Alhambra
Department of Internal Medicine, URFOA IMIM Hospital del Mar, Parc de Salut Mar, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Breast Cancer Res Treat 125:869-78. 2011Aromatase inhibitor (AI)-associated arthralgia limits adherence to therapy in breast cancer. The pathophysiology may involve vitamin D status...
- Multiple joint pain and lower extremity disability in middle and old ageGeorge Peat
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire, UK
Disabil Rehabil 28:1543-9. 2006..To determine whether the extent of multiple-site lower extremity joint pain contributes to disability in middle and old age and describe patterns of severity in site-specific measures amongst those with multiple-site pain...
- Aromatase inhibitor therapy: toxicities and management strategies in the treatment of postmenopausal women with hormone-sensitive early breast cancerSusan F Dent
The Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, The University of Ottawa, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 126:295-310. 2011..Aromatase inhibitors are generally well tolerated; however, certain side effects, particularly arthralgia/musculoskeletal symptoms and gynecologic effects, may result in poor adherence to treatment...
- The association of bone marrow lesions with pain in knee osteoarthritisD T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, A203, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 134:541-9. 2001..Among persons with knee pain, bone marrow lesions were not associated with pain severity. CONCLUSIONS: Bone marrow lesions on MRI are strongly associated with the presence of pain in knee osteoarthritis...
- Animal models of osteoarthritisKenneth D Brandt
Rheumatology Division, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Biorheology 39:221-35. 2002..Indeed, it should not be assumed a priori that reduction in the rate of progression of joint damage in OA will be associated with a reduction in joint pain...
- Minimal clinically important changes in chronic musculoskeletal pain intensity measured on a numerical rating scaleFausto Salaffi
Department of Rheumatology, University of Ancona, Ospedale A Murri, ASL5, Via dei Colli 52, 60035 Jesi Ancona, Italy
Eur J Pain 8:283-91. 2004....
- Help-seeking behaviour among people living with chronic hip or knee pain in the communityCarina A Thorstensson
Research and Development Centre, Spenshult Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Oskarström, Sweden
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:153. 2009..This study explores the importance of several potential risk factors on help seeking across different practitioner groups, among adults living with chronic hip or knee pain in a large community sample...
- Feasibility trial of electroacupuncture for aromatase inhibitor--related arthralgia in breast cancer survivorsJames J Mao
Department of Family Medicine and Community Health, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 8:123-9. 2009b>Arthralgia affects postmenopausal women receiving aromatase inhibitors (AIs) for breast cancer...
- Corticosteroid injections for greater trochanteric pain syndrome: a randomized controlled trial in primary careAaltien Brinks
Department of General Practice, Erasmus Medical Center, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Fam Med 9:226-34. 2011..We undertook a study to evaluate the effectiveness of corticosteroid injections in primary care patients with greater trochanteric pain syndrome (GTPS)...
- Short and medium-term effects of an education self-management program for individuals with osteoarthritis of the knee, designed and delivered by health professionals: a quality assurance studySophie Coleman
Arthritis Foundation of Western Australia, PO Box 34, Wembley, Western Australia, 6913, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:117. 2008....
- Modulation of the gait deficit in arthritic rats by infusions of muscimol and bicucullineShabana U Simjee
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Pain 109:453-60. 2004..The results suggest that the development of arthritic pain is increased in the absence of GABA(A) receptor tone and that increasing GABA(A) receptor tone can reduce arthritic pain but does not affect the disease process...
- Using the CatWalk method to assess weight-bearing and pain behaviour in walking rats with ankle joint monoarthritis induced by carrageenan: effects of morphine and rofecoxibKristina Angeby-Möller
AstraZeneca R and D Sodertalje, Local Discovery Research Area CNS and Pain Control, Sodertalje, Sweden
J Neurosci Methods 174:1-9. 2008..In conclusion, behavioural effects interpreted as reflecting movement-related pain in monoarthritic rats and pharmacological treatment of the monoarthritis can objectively and efficiently be quantified in detail by the CatWalk method...
- Effect of vitamin D supplementation on serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels, joint pain, and fatigue in women starting adjuvant letrozole treatment for breast cancerQamar J Khan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 119:111-8. 2010..Vitamin D3 supplementation with 50,000 IU per week is safe, significantly increases 25OHD levels, and may reduce disability from AI-induced arthralgias...
- Knee buckling: prevalence, risk factors, and associated limitations in functionDavid T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, Hebrew SeniorLife, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Boston Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Ann Intern Med 147:534-40. 2007..Knee buckling is common in persons with advanced knee osteoarthritis and after orthopedic procedures. Its prevalence in the community is unknown...
- Hamato-lunate impingement: an uncommon cause of ulnar-sided wrist painA J Thurston
Department of Surgery, Wellington School of Medicine, Wellington, New Zealand
Arthroscopy 16:540-4. 2000..The pain could be reproduced by a modification of the Lichtman test. The diagnosis was confirmed by arthroscopy. All 4 patients responded favorably to resection of the head of the hamate...
- Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of patellofemoral malalignmentJocelyn R Wittstein
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Arthroscopy 22:643-9. 2006....
- Comparison of symptoms and clinical findings in subgroups of individuals with patellofemoral painJan Naslund
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Physiother Theory Pract 22:105-18. 2006..The main finding in our study on patients clinically diagnosed with PFPS is that possible pathologies cannot be detected from the patient's history or from commonly used clinical tests...
- Which factors predict the long-term outcome in chronic patellofemoral pain syndrome? A 7-yr prospective follow-up studyA Natri
Tampere Research Center of Sports Medicine and Accident and Trauma Research Center, UKK Institute, Finland
Med Sci Sports Exerc 30:1572-7. 1998..The aim of this prospective study was to determine which factors predict the long-term (7-yr) outcome of conservative treatment of chronic patellofemoral pain syndrome...
- Imaging of ulnar-sided wrist painClaire A Coggins
Department of Radiology, Virginia Commonwealth University, Main Hospital, 3rd Floor, Room 3 343, 1250 East Marshall Street, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Clin Sports Med 25:505-26, vii. 2006..Conventional radiographs, conventional arthrography, CT, MRI, and MR arthrography are useful modalities that are often used in concert to help guide diagnosis and treatment...
- Chikungunya fever in travelers: clinical presentation and courseWinfried Taubitz
Department of Infectious Diseases and Tropical Medicine, University Munich, Germany
Clin Infect Dis 45:e1-4. 2007..5 million patients, including travelers who have visited these areas...
- Correlation of the development of knee pain with enlarging bone marrow lesions on magnetic resonance imagingDavid T Felson
Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:2986-92. 2007..This study was undertaken to determine whether enlarging BMLs are associated with new knee pain...
- Predictors of onset and progression of knee pain in adults living in the community. A prospective studyC Jinks
Primary Care Musculoskeletal Research Centre, Primary Care Sciences, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:368-74. 2008..To investigate determinants of the onset and progression of knee pain in a population-based sample of people aged > or = 50 yrs...
- Aromatase inhibitor-induced arthralgia: clinical experience and treatment recommendationsR E Coleman
Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, Weston Park Hospital, Witham Road, Sheffield S10 2SJ, UK
Cancer Treat Rev 34:275-82. 2008..However, compared with tamoxifen, an elevated incidence of arthralgia has been observed during AI treatment...
- Effect of meniscal damage on the development of frequent knee pain, aching, or stiffnessM Englund
Clinical Epidemiology Branch and Training Unit, Boston University School of Medicine, 650 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Arthritis Rheum 56:4048-54. 2007..To evaluate the effect of meniscal damage on the development of frequent knee pain, aching, or stiffness in middle-aged and older adults...
- Determinants of reduced walking speed in people with musculoskeletal painSalma Ayis
Department of Social Medicine, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Rheumatol 34:1905-12. 2007..People with musculoskeletal disease often have reduced walking speed. We investigated determinants of slower walking, other than musculoskeletal disease, that might provide valuable additional targets for therapy...
- Brief report: use of complementary and alternative medicine and psychological functioning in Latino children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis or arthralgiaKathy Zebracki
Loyola University Chicago, Department of Psychology, IL 60626, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 32:1006-10. 2007To describe the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) and its relationship to symptoms of anxiety, depression, and dysthymia in Latino children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) or arthralgia.
- Knee complaints seen in general practice: active sport participants versus non-sport participantsMarienke van Middelkoop
Department of General Practice, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:36. 2008..Further, differences in the initial policy of the GP, medical consumption, and outcome at one-year follow-up were also investigated...
- Aromatase inhibitor-associated arthralgia and/ or bone pain: frequency and characterization in non-clinical trial patientsCary A Presant
Wilshire Oncology Medical Group, West Covina, CA 91790, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 7:775-8. 2007The frequency of aromatase inhibitor (AI)-associated arthralgia and/or bone pain in clinical practice is not known.
Research Grants105 found, 100 shown here
- TOGAVIRUS TROPISM FOR BONES, JOINTS, AND CNSMark Heise; Fiscal Year: 2004Togavirus infection of humans is characterized by acute and persistent arthritis/arthralgia, as well as viral encephalitis. Infection of adult mice with S.A...
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda L Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data from the large adjuvant trials evaluating the use of the AI's indicate that arthralgia is one of the major toxicities associated with AI therapy and one of the most common reasons for AI treatment ..
- RCT of exercise on aromatase inhibitor side effects in breast cancer survivorsMelinda Irwin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Data from the large adjuvant trials evaluating the use of the AI's indicate that arthralgia is one of the major toxicities associated with AI therapy and one of the most common reasons for AI treatment ..
- Risk Factors for Onset and Persistence of TMDWilliam Maixner; Fiscal Year: 2007Risk factors for onset and persistence of TMD: Myogenous temporomandibular disorder (TMD), with or without arthralgia, ranks second only to headache as the clinical condition most likely to cause craniofacial pain and dysfunction in the ..
- Novel regulatory role of cryopyrin in inflammationHarold Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2005..syndome (FCAS) is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of rash, fever, and arthralgia following generalized exposure to cold...
- RHEUMATOLOGY TRAINING GRANTDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The faculty provide a strong and experienced approach and will devote their talents to the training grant. ..
- MULTICENTER OSTEOARTHRITIS STUDY (MOST)David Felson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Relation of Alignment and Other Risk Factors to Knee OADavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Relation of Alignment and Other Risk Factors to Knee OADavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- CLINICAL RESEARCH TRAINING PROGRAMDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fourth, we will integrate residents in training into the CREST program to develop an interest in clinical research at an early stage of training. ..
- THE FRAMINGHAM OSTEOARTHRITIS STUDYDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Relation of Alignment and Other Risk Factors to Knee OADAVID TOBIN FELSON; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Structural Correlates of Knee PainDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- (BOAMRI) Biomarkers in Osteoarthritis MRI StudiesDavid Felson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Use of validated biomarkers will greatly accelerate therapeutic development for this pressing public health concern. ..
- PARAFUNCTIONAL ACTIVITY AND TEMPOROMANDIBULAR DISORDERSAlan Glaros; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- Estrogenic LXR Alpha Response /Cholesterol HomeostasisPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogenic Regulation of Inflammation Related to TMJDPhillip Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2006..The function of estrogen receptors ER alpha and/or ER beta will be directly addressed pharmacologically (e.g., antiestrogen) and through mutation studies of the Fc gamma RIIIA promoter. ..
- HARVARD PEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOR CENTERMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2003..David Louis). In summary, we will bring the full thrust of a Comprehensive Cancer Center and the full services of a pediatric center to enhance the Consortium and our mutual missions. ..
- Xenogen's IVIS 100 Imaging SystemMark Kieran; Fiscal Year: 2004..This luciferase-based technology affords a superior method to achieve this aim. ..
- NPP1 and Molecular Mechanisms in Artery CalcificationRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of these studies will link alterations in VSMC PPi metabolism with modulation of oxidant stress and chemokine responses pertinent to pathologic calcification in both degenerative disorders and atherosclerosis. ..
- The Relationship of n-3 Fatty Acids with Pain and Synovium in knee OAKristin Baker; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is a major public health issue with substantial economic impact that will increase as the population ages. Individuals with the disease are eager for nonpharmacological treatments such as a nutrition intervention. ..
- Optimizing Mobility in Elders with Knee Osteoarthritis: Gait and Power TrainingNeil Segal; Fiscal Year: 2007..This substantial commitment will enhance training and research productivity, enabling the candidate to become an independent investigator who will advance physical function in older adults. ..
- Predictors and Consequences of Subchondral Bone Attrition in OsteoarthritisTuhina Neogi; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ANK and Joint Ankylosis in SpondylitisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will identify novel targets for enthesopathic bone fusion in spondyloarthritis. ..
- Chondrocyte S100/Calgranulins and RAGE in OsteoarthritisRobert Terkeltaub; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of the work will reveal new potential targets for therapeutic intervention in OA by disconnecting inflammation from deleterious alteration of chondrocyte differentiation and function. ..
- Cooperative Lifestyle Intervention ProgramWALTER REJESKI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Analyses will also be conducted to determine whether changes in the primary outcome are mediated by changes in constructs from social cognitive theory. ..
- Cooperative Lifestyle Intervention ProgramWALTER REJESKI; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analyses will also be conducted to determine whether changes in the primary outcome are mediated by changes in constructs from social cognitive theory. ..