Genomes and Genes
alveolar bone loss
Summary: The resorption of bone in the supporting structures of the MAXILLA or MANDIBLE.
Publications370 found, 100 shown here
- Glycemic control and alveolar bone loss progression in type 2 diabetesG W Taylor
School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Ann Periodontol 3:30-9. 1998This study tested the hypothesis that the risk for alveolar bone loss is greater, and bone loss progression more severe, for subjects with poorly controlled (PC) type 2 diabetes mellitus (type 2 DM) compared to those without type 2 DM or ..
- Alveolar bone dimensional changes of post-extraction sockets in humans: a systematic reviewFridus Van der Weijden
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Periodontol 36:1048-58. 2009..To review the literature to assess the amount of change in height and width of the residual ridge after tooth extraction...
- A p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase inhibitor arrests active alveolar bone loss in a rat periodontitis modelJill E Rogers
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Periodontol 78:1992-8. 2007..contain lipopolysaccharide (LPS) that initiates the innate immune system, resulting in inflammatory alveolar bone loss. LPS activates Toll-like receptors on membrane surfaces, stimulating many intracellular signaling cascades, ..
- Oral fluid-based biomarkers of alveolar bone loss in periodontitisJanet S Kinney
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine and Michigan Center for Oral Health Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1098:230-51. 2007..When left untreated, the ultimate outcome is alveolar bone loss and exfoliation of the involved teeth...
- Restraint stress enhances alveolar bone loss in an experimental rat modelK Nakajima
Department of Craniofacial Growth and Development Dentistry, Division of Orthodontics, Kanagawa Dental College, Yokosuka, Japan
J Periodontal Res 41:527-34. 2006..The purpose of the present study was to examine the effects of restraint stress on periodontal breakdown resulting from Porphyromonas gingivalis-challenged periodontitis in rats...
- The contribution of interleukin-1 and tumor necrosis factor to periodontal tissue destructionD T Graves
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Periodontol 74:391-401. 2003..This destruction may very well represent an overreaction of the host response to periodontal pathogens caused by excessive production of IL-1 and TNF...
- Cytokines that promote periodontal tissue destructionDana Graves
Division of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, 100 E Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Periodontol 79:1585-91. 2008....
- Evidence of the presence of T helper type 17 cells in chronic lesions of human periodontal diseaseC R Cardoso
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Oral Microbiol Immunol 24:1-6. 2009..Therefore, in this study we investigated the presence of Th17 cells in human periodontal disease...
- Soluble antagonists to interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibits loss of tissue attachment in experimental periodontitisA J Delima
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Boston University School of Dental Medicine, MA, USA
J Clin Periodontol 28:233-40. 2001....
- Receptor activator NF kappaB ligand (RANKL) and osteoprotegerin (OPG) protein expression in periodontitisTania Crotti
Department of Pathology, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
J Periodontal Res 38:380-7. 2003..We aimed to compare the levels of the RANKL and OPG in the granulomatous tissue adjacent to areas of alveolar bone loss from patients with periodontitis to that present in tissue from patients without periodontitis...
- Cytokine pattern determines the progression of experimental periodontal disease induced by Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans through the modulation of MMPs, RANKL, and their physiological inhibitorsG P Garlet
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine USP, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Oral Microbiol Immunol 21:12-20. 2006....
- The dual role of p55 tumour necrosis factor-alpha receptor in Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans-induced experimental periodontitis: host protection and tissue destructionG P Garlet
Department of Biological Sciences, School of Dentistry of Bauru, Bauru, Brazil
Clin Exp Immunol 147:128-38. 2007..actinomycetemcomitans infection, characterized by significantly less alveolar bone loss and inflammatory reaction...
- FoxOs, Wnts and oxidative stress-induced bone loss: new players in the periodontitis arena?C Galli
Department of Internal Medicine Unit of Periodontology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
J Periodontal Res 46:397-406. 2011..a strong association between age, metabolic disorders such as type II diabetes, oxidative stress and alveolar bone loss. The molecular players controlling bone maintenance and underlying age-related bone loss and its links to ..
- Interleukin-1beta, clinical parameters and matched cellular-histopathologic changes of biopsied gingival tissue from periodontitis patientsLein Tuan Hou
Department of Periodontology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taiwan
J Periodontal Res 38:247-54. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether interleukin (IL)-1beta in diseased tissues adjacent to periodontal pockets can reflect the degree of inflammation and destruction of these tissues pathologically...
- Pathogenesis of periodontitis: role of cytokines in host responseVikas Deo
Department of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry, Sharad Pawar Dental College and Hospital, Deemed University, Sawangi Meghe, Wardha, Maharashtra State, India
Dent Today 29:60-2, 64-6; quiz 68-9. 2010..Current research has focused on the use of SDD as a treatment modality, and SDD is the only systemically used host modulatory drug approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration...
- Three-dimensional quantification of alveolar bone loss in Porphyromonas gingivalis-infected mice using micro-computed tomographyAsaf Wilensky
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dental Medicine, Hadassah Medical Centers and The Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
J Periodontol 76:1282-6. 2005..However, some of the methods used for evaluating alveolar bone loss are limited to linear or two dimension measurements, while other methods, such as histology, are labor ..
- The effect of alendronate sodium on alveolar bone loss in periodontitis (clinical trial)Una M El-Shinnawi
Department of Oral Medicine and Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
J Int Acad Periodontol 5:5-10. 2003..Alendronate sodium had no effect on the clinical parameters and could play an important role as an adjunct to conventional periodontal therapy in management of periodontal diseases...
- Inflammation-induced bone remodeling in periodontal disease and the influence of post-menopausal osteoporosisU H Lerner
Department of Oral Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea SE 901 87, Sweden
J Dent Res 85:596-607. 2006..that the lack of estrogen influences the activities of bone cells and immune cells in such a way that the progression of alveolar bone loss will be enhanced. In the present paper, the evidence for and against this hypothesis is presented.
- The interleukin-10 knockout mouse is highly susceptible to Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced alveolar bone lossHajime Sasaki
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Periodontal Res 39:432-41. 2004..In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that endogenous interleukin-10 is a potent suppressor of Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced alveolar bone loss in vivo.
- Nitric oxide synthase inhibition prevents alveolar bone resorption in experimental periodontitis in ratsR F C Leitão
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Ceara, Brazil
J Periodontol 76:956-63. 2005..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of NOS (NO synthase) inhibitors in the alveolar bone loss in an experimental periodontitis disease (EPD) model.
- Study of TNF-α, IL-1β and LPS levels in the gingival crevicular fluid of a rat model of diabetes mellitus and periodontitisZhu Ling Jiang
Department of Implantology, The 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
Dis Markers 34:295-304. 2013..Additionally, we evaluated alveolar bone loss and the histopathological response associated with experimental diabetes mellitus and experimental ..
- Oral infection with a periodontal pathogen accelerates early atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E-null miceEvanthia Lalla
Division of Periodontics, School of Dental and Oral Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1405-11. 2003....
- Trial with Platelet-Rich Fibrin and Bio-Oss used as grafting materials in the treatment of the severe maxillar bone atrophy: clinical and radiological evaluationsF Inchingolo
School in Dental Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine, University Aldo Moro, Bari, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 14:1075-84. 2010....
- Do bone grafts or barrier membranes provide additional treatment effects for infrabony lesions treated with enamel matrix derivatives? A network meta-analysis of randomized-controlled trialsYu Kang Tu
Department of Periodontology, Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds, UK
J Clin Periodontol 37:59-79. 2010....
- The association between periodontal disease and joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritis extends the link between the HLA-DR shared epitope and severity of bone destructionH Marotte
Hospices Civils de Lyon bioMérieux Research Unit on Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Faculty of Odontology, University Lyon I, France
Ann Rheum Dis 65:905-9. 2006....
- Periodontal disease and hypertriglyceridemia in Japanese subjects: potential association with enhanced lipolysisHideo Nakarai
Department of Dental Science for Health Promotion, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Metabolism 60:823-9. 2011..These results suggest that periodontal infection, especially bacterial endotoxinemia, is associated with enhanced lipolysis and subsequent up-regulation of circulating TG in Japanese with midrange BMI...
- Inflammation and tissue loss caused by periodontal pathogens is reduced by interleukin-1 antagonistsAndrew J Delima
Department of Periodontology and Oral Biology, Boston University School of Dental Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Infect Dis 186:511-6. 2002..The results indicate that inhibition of IL-1 alone significantly reduces inflammation, connective tissue attachment loss, and bone resorption that are induced by periodontal pathogens...
- Lipopolysaccharide from Prevotella nigrescens stimulates osteoclastogenesis in cocultures of bone marrow mononuclear cells and primary osteoblastsY H Chung
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Cell and Developmental Biology, BK21 Program, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Periodontal Res 41:288-96. 2006..In this study, we investigated the effects of lipopolysaccharide from P. nigrescens on the formation of osteoclasts and the production of cytokines related to osteoclast differentiation...
- Alveolar bone loss in obese subjectsMaher Alabdulkarim
Ministry of Health, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Int Acad Periodontol 7:34-8. 2005..The aim of this study was to examine if obesity correlates with chronic periodontitis as diagnosed by radiographic alveolar bone loss.
- Effects of platelet-rich fibrin on human periodontal ligament fibroblasts and application for periodontal infrabony defectsY C Chang
School of Dentistry, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Aust Dent J 56:365-71. 2011..Little is known about the effects of PRF on periodontal ligament fibroblasts (PDLFs) and the application of PRF for periodontal regeneration...
- Fusobacterium nucleatum and Tannerella forsythia induce synergistic alveolar bone loss in a mouse periodontitis modelRajendra P Settem
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Infect Immun 80:2436-43. 2012..Moreover, in a murine model of periodontitis, mixed infection with the two species induces synergistic alveolar bone loss, characterized by bone loss which is greater than the additive alveolar bone losses induced by each species ..
- Vitamin E does not prevent bone loss and induced anxiety in rats with ligature-induced periodontitisRosimary de Sousa Carvalho
Department of Clinical Odontology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Dentistry and Nursing, Federal University of Ceara, Brazil
Arch Oral Biol 58:50-8. 2013The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of vitamin E on alveolar bone loss (ABL) and anxiety in rats with ligature-induced experimental periodontitis (EP).
- Treatment of 3-wall intrabony defects in patients with chronic periodontitis with autologous platelet-rich fibrin: a randomized controlled clinical trialAnuj Sharma
Department of Periodontics, Government Dental College and Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Periodontol 82:1705-12. 2011..The present study aims to explore the clinical and radiographic effectiveness of autologous PRF in the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with chronic periodontitis...
- Bone level changes around axial and tilted implants in full-arch fixed immediate restorations. Interim results of a prospective studyLuca Francetti
Center of Research in Oral Implantology, Department of Health Technologies, University of Milano, IRCCS Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi, Milan, Italy
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 14:646-54. 2012..The aim of this prospective study was to assess clinical outcomes and peri-implant bone level changes around tilted and axial implants supporting full-arch fixed immediate rehabilitations up to 60 months of loading...
- Using tetracyclines to treat osteoporotic/osteopenic bone loss: from the basic science laboratory to the clinicJeffrey B Payne
Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, 40th and Holdrege, Lincoln, NE 68583, USA
Pharmacol Res 63:121-9. 2011Periodontitis (progressive inflammatory disease characterized by alveolar bone loss, a major cause of tooth loss worldwide) is associated with both systemic osteoporosis and its milder form, osteopenia...
- Inhibition of alveolar bone loss by matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors in experimental periodontal diseaseNungavaram S Ramamurthy
Department of Oral Biology and Pathology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
J Periodontal Res 37:1-7. 2002..A dose-response effect was seen with regard to amelioration of lipopolysaccharide-induced alveolar bone loss with both drugs...
- Candidate salivary biomarkers associated with alveolar bone loss: cross-sectional and in vitro studiesPatricia Yen Bee Ng
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 49:252-60. 2007This cross-sectional study evaluated the association between radiographic evidence of alveolar bone loss and the concentration of host-derived bone resorptive factors (interleukin-1 beta, tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-6, ..
- Prevalence of subjects with progressive bone loss at implantsChrister Fransson
Department of Periodontology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Gothenburg, Sweden
Clin Oral Implants Res 16:440-6. 2005..The aim of the present study was to assess the prevalence of subjects with progressive bone loss at implants with a function time of at least 5 years...
- Topical administration of simvastatin recovers alveolar bone loss in ratsH Seto
Department of Periodontology and Endodontology, Oral and Maxillofacial Dentistry, Division of Medico Dental Dynamics and Reconstruction, Institute of Health Biosciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
J Periodontal Res 43:261-7. 2008..Simvastatin, a cholesterol-lowering drug, has been reported to show anabolic effects on bone metabolism. We examined the effects of simvastatin in vitro using cultured rat calvaria cells and in vivo using periodontitis-induced rats...
- The RANKL-OPG system in clinical periodontologyGeorgios N Belibasakis
Oral Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Oral Biology, Center of Dental Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
J Clin Periodontol 39:239-48. 2012..This review aims to elaborate the current knowledge on RANKL and OPG in periodontal disease, and to evaluate their diagnostic and prognostic potential as biomarkers of the disease...
- CD4(+) T cells and the proinflammatory cytokines gamma interferon and interleukin-6 contribute to alveolar bone loss in miceP J Baker
Biology Department, Bates College, Lewiston, Maine 04240, USA
Infect Immun 67:2804-9. 1999In this study, we used a mouse model to examine the role of the adaptive immune response in alveolar bone loss induced by oral infection with the human gram-negative anaerobic bacterium Porphyromonas gingivalis...
- Oral epithelial overexpression of IL-1alpha causes periodontal diseaseS Dayan
Department of Cytokine Biology, The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Dent Res 83:786-90. 2004..Our findings therefore indicate that elevated levels of IL-1alpha in the oral micro-environment can mediate all of the clinical features of periodontal disease...
- Down-regulation of expression of osteoblast and osteocyte markers in periodontal tissues associated with the spontaneous alveolar bone loss of interleukin-10 knockout miceMarcela Claudino
Department of Biological Sciences, Bauru School of Dentistry, University of São Paulo FOB USP, Bauru, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Oral Sci 118:19-28. 2010..Interleukin-10 KO mice presented significant alveolar bone loss when compared with WT mice, and this was not associated with changes in leukocyte counts or bacterial load...
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide-mediated experimental bone loss model for aggressive periodontitisJill E Rogers
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
J Periodontol 78:550-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to establish a model of aggressive inflammatory alveolar bone loss in rats using LPS derived from the periodontal pathogen Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans.
- Characterization of cellular infiltrate, detection of chemokine receptor CCR5 and interleukin-8 and RANTES chemokines in adult periodontitisJ Gamonal
Departamento de Odontologia Conservadora, Facultad de Odontologia, Universidad de Chile, Spain
J Periodontal Res 36:194-203. 2001..We propose that the presence of these chemokines and the expression of chemokine receptors may represent a marker of lymphocyte subsets with the ability to migrate to inflammatory sites...
- A morphometric and histopathologic evaluation of the effects of propolis on alveolar bone loss in experimental periodontitis in ratsHulya Toker
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
J Periodontol 79:1089-94. 2008..The purpose of this study was to analyze the morphometric and histopathologic changes associated with experimental periodontitis in rats in response to the systemic administration of propolis...
- Genetic control of susceptibility to Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced alveolar bone loss in miceP J Baker
Biology Department, Bates College, Lewiston, Maine 04240, USA
Infect Immun 68:5864-8. 2000..Using a murine model in which alveolar bone loss is induced by oral infection with Porphyromonas gingivalis, a gram-negative bacterium associated with human ..
- G(-) anaerobes-reactive CD4+ T-cells trigger RANKL-mediated enhanced alveolar bone loss in diabetic NOD miceDeeqa A Mahamed
Laboratory of Molecular Microbial Immunity, Eastman Department of Dentistry and Center for Oral Biology, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14620, USA
Diabetes 54:1477-86. 2005..We investigated the contribution of antibacterial T-cell-mediated immunity to enhanced alveolar bone loss during periodontal infection in nonobese diabetic (NOD) mice by oral inoculation with Actinobacillus ..
- Can nonstandardized bitewing radiographs be used to assess the presence of alveolar bone loss in epidemiologic studies?Anwar T Merchant
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 32:271-6. 2004To compare periodontitis-associated alveolar bone loss assessment by standardized and nonstandardized radiographs in clinical and epidemiologic studies.
- All-on-4 immediate-function concept with Brånemark System implants for completely edentulous maxillae: a 1-year retrospective clinical studyPaulo Malo
Department of Surgery and Prosthodontics, Clínica Maló, Lisbon, Portugal
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:S88-94. 2005..Immediate implant function has become an accepted treatment modality for fixed restorations in totally edentulous mandibles, whereas experience from immediate function in the edentulous maxilla is limited...
- Titanium membranes in prevention of alveolar collapse after tooth extractionMárcia N Pinho
School of Dentistry of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Implant Dent 15:53-61. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevention of alveolar collapse after tooth extraction, using titanium membrane (Frios Boneshield; DENTSPLY Friadent, Mannheim, Germany), associated (or not) with autologous bone graft...
- Omega-3 fatty acid effect on alveolar bone loss in ratsL Kesavalu
Center for Oral Health Research, College of Dentistry, 159 HSRB, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0305, USA
J Dent Res 85:648-52. 2006..gingivalis infection, and supported that omega-3 FA may be a useful adjunct in the treatment of periodontal disease...
- Efficacy of bisphosphonates for the control of alveolar bone loss in periodontitisMarjorie K Jeffcoat
University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Int Acad Periodontol 9:70-6. 2007..The primary efficacy endpoint was the change in alveolar bone loss (ABL)...
- Arg-gingipain A DNA vaccine prevents alveolar bone loss in miceK Miyachi
Department of Microbiology, Tokyo Dental College, 1 2 2 Masago, Mihama ku, Chiba, 261 8502, Japan
J Dent Res 86:446-50. 2007..gingivalis, although Gene Gun immunization did not. Reduction of alveolar bone loss was observed in both groups at 42 days following initial infection...
- Association between alveolar bone loss and elevated serum C-reactive protein in Japanese menToshiyuki Saito
Department of Preventive Dentistry, Kyushu University Faculty of Dental Science, Fukuoka, Japan
J Periodontol 74:1741-6. 2003..Recent studies indicate that periodontal disease is associated with moderate elevation of CRP; however, the relationship between alveolar bone loss (ABL) and CRP elevation is unclear.
- The influence of diet consistence, drinking water and bedding on periodontal disease in Sprague-Dawley ratsMagnús Jón Björnsson
Department of Periodontology, School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Periodontal Res 38:543-50. 2003..An inspection of 50 Sprague-Dawley rats, which were to be used in a model of experimental periodontal disease, revealed signs of periodontal disease in a considerable proportion of the animals...
- Involvement of Cot/Tp12 in bone loss during periodontitisT Ohnishi
Department of Developmental Medicine, Kagoshima University, Sakuragaoka, Japan
J Dent Res 89:192-7. 2010..In this study, we examined whether Cot/Tp12 deficiency reduced the progression of alveolar bone loss and osteoclastogenesis during experimental periodontitis...
- Immediate occlusal loading and tilted implants for the rehabilitation of the atrophic edentulous maxilla: 1-year interim results of a multicenter prospective studyTiziano Testori
Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi IRCCS, Department of Odontology, Milan University, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:227-32. 2008..tilted implants...
- Short dental implants: a systematic reviewS Annibali
Department of Odontostomatological and Maxillofacial Sciences, Oral Surgery Unit, Sapienza University of Rome, Via Caserta 6, Rome, Italy
J Dent Res 91:25-32. 2012..The provision of short implant-supported prostheses in patients with atrophic alveolar ridges appears to be a successful treatment option in the short term; however, more scientific evidence is needed for the long term...
- Short implants: a descriptive study of 273 implantsM Angels Sánchez-Garcés
Master of Oral Surgery and Implantology, associate professor of Oral Surgery and professor of the Master of Oral Surgery and Implantology, University of Barcelona Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 14:508-16. 2012..The study aims to assess the performance of short implants in a series of patients with severe alveolar resorption...
- RANKL inhibition through osteoprotegerin blocks bone loss in experimental periodontitisQiming Jin
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Periodontol 78:1300-8. 2007..The receptor activator of nuclear factor-kappa B ligand (RANKL) inhibitor osteoprotegerin (OPG) inhibits osteoclastogenesis and suppresses bone resorption...
- Periodontal and systemic responses in various mice models of experimental periodontitis: respective roles of inflammation duration and Porphyromonas gingivalis infectionKenza Saadi-Thiers
Department of Periodontology, Dental Faculty, University of Strasbourg, Strasbourg, France
J Periodontol 84:396-406. 2013..This study compared the effect of Porphyromonas gingivalis (Pg) infection and experimental periodontitis duration at local and systemic levels in various models...
- Accelerated alveolar bone loss in mice lacking interleukin-10: late onsetAbdulaziz Al-Rasheed
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
J Periodontal Res 39:194-8. 2004..We have previously reported that IL-10(-/-) mice experience accelerated alveolar bone loss. The purpose of the present study was to examine the timing of the manifestation of accelerated alveolar ..
- Accelerated alveolar bone loss in mice lacking interleukin-10A Al-Rasheed
Department of Periodontics, School of Dentistry, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA
J Dent Res 82:632-5. 2003..and C57BL/6J background, were compared with age-, sex-, and strain-matched interleukin-10(+/+) controls for alveolar bone loss. Immunoblotting was used for analysis of serum reactivity against bacteria associated with colitis and ..
- Influence of bisphosphonates on alveolar bone loss around osseointegrated implantsTalal M Zahid
Department of Periodontics and Endodontics, University at Buffalo, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
J Oral Implantol 37:335-46. 2011..None of the other variables studied were statistically associated with implant failure or thread exposure. In conclusion, patients taking BP may be at higher risk for implant thread exposure...
- Micro-computerized tomography analysis of alveolar bone loss in ligature- and nicotine-induced experimental periodontitis in ratsY F Liu
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China Department of Osteology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
J Periodontal Res 45:714-9. 2010Nicotine reportedly is a risk factor for periodontitis, but accurate data regarding nicotine-induced alveolar bone loss is lacking...
- N-acetylcysteine, a thiol antioxidant, decreases alveolar bone loss in experimental periodontitis in ratsHulya Toker
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
J Periodontol 80:672-8. 2009..The purpose of this study was to analyze the morphometric and histopathologic changes associated with experimental periodontitis in rats in response to systemic administration of N-acetylcysteine (NAC)...
- The use of live-animal micro-computed tomography to determine the effect of a novel phospholipase A2 inhibitor on alveolar bone loss in an in vivo mouse model of periodontitisM D Cantley
Discipline of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Periodontal Res 44:317-22. 2009..The major aim of this study was to develop the methodology of live-animal micro-computed tomography and to determine the effect of a novel secretory phospholipase A2 inhibitor on alveolar bone loss.
- Development of a nonrigid, durable calcium phosphate cement for use in periodontal bone repairHockin H K Xu
Paffenbarger Researcher Center, American Dental Association Foundation, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD 20899, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1131-8. 2006..The objective of the authors' study was to develop a strong and nonrigid CPC to provide compliance for tooth mobility without fracturing the implant...
- To what extent does the crown-implant ratio affect the survival and complications of implant-supported reconstructions? A systematic reviewRafael Juan Blanes
Private Practice, Clinica Pronova, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:67-72. 2009..To evaluate the occurrence of biological and technical complications with respect to the crown-implant (C/I) ratio of implant-supported reconstructions...
- N-acetylcysteine decreases alveolar bone loss on experimental periodontitis in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsH Toker
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Dentistry, Cumhuriyet University, Sivas, Turkey
J Periodontal Res 47:793-9. 2012....
- Combination of bovine-derived xenografts and enamel matrix derivative in the treatment of intrabony periodontal defects in dogsShigeki Yamamoto
Department of Periodontics, Tokyo Dental College, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent 27:471-9. 2007..These findings suggest that the use of BDX with EMD is effective in enhancing new bone and cementum formation and that this combination is effective in the treatment of intrabony defects...
- Short (8-mm) dental implants in the rehabilitation of partial and complete edentulism: a 3- to 14-year longitudinal studyEugenio Romeo
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental Clinic, School of Dentistry, University of Milan, Italy
Int J Prosthodont 19:586-92. 2006..75-, 4.1-, and 4.8-mm diameters) in diverse host bone sites in a selected sample of partially and completely edentulous patients...
- Tannerella forsythia-induced alveolar bone loss in mice involves leucine-rich-repeat BspA proteinA Sharma
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, State University of New York, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
J Dent Res 84:462-7. 2005..forsythia and the in vivo role of the BspA protein in pathogenesis in the mouse model of infection-induced alveolar bone loss. The results showed alveolar bone loss in mice infected with the T...
- Nine- to fourteen-year follow-up of implant treatment. Part II: presence of peri-implant lesionsAnn Marie Roos-Jansåker
Department of Health Sciences, Kristianstad University, Sweden
J Clin Periodontol 33:290-5. 2006..The aim of this study was to analyse the proportions of peri-implant lesions at implants after 9-14 years of function...
- Heritability of alveolar bone loss from periodontal disease in a baboon population: a pilot studyD Douglas Miley
Graduate Periodontics, Saint Louis University Center for Advanced Dental Education, St Louis, MO, USA
J Periodontol 82:575-80. 2011..The purpose of this pilot study is to evaluate the effect of genetics on periodontal disease by evaluating the heritability of alveolar bone loss in a captive baboon population.
- Impact of Porphyromonas gingivalis inoculation on ligature-induced alveolar bone loss. A pilot study in ratsT Meulman
Division of Periodontics, School of Dentistry at Piracicaba, State University of Campinas, Piracicaba, SP, Brazil
J Periodontal Res 46:629-36. 2011..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of Porphyromonas gingivalis inoculation on the ligature-induced alveolar bone loss (ABL) model in rats.
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced epithelial monoamine oxidase mediates alveolar bone loss in a rat chronic wound modelDaisuke Ekuni
Departments of Preventive Dentistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Am J Pathol 175:1398-409. 2009..migration and proliferation of junctional epithelium and inhibited induced systemic H(2)O(2) levels and alveolar bone loss in vivo...
- Langerhans cells down-regulate inflammation-driven alveolar bone lossMoran Arizon
Institute of Dental Sciences, Hebrew University Hadassah School of Dental Medicine, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:7043-8. 2012..Using a model involving inflammation-driven alveolar bone loss attributable to infection, we showed that in vivo ablation of Langerhans cells (LCs) resulted in enhanced ..
- Peri-implant alveolar bone loss with respect to bone quality after use of the osteotome technique: results of a retrospective studyFrank Peter Strietzel
Abteilung für Oralchirurgie und zahnärztliche Röntgenologie, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Medizinische Fakultat der Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
Clin Oral Implants Res 13:508-13. 2002..The peri-implant alveolar bone loss after use of the osteotome technique was evaluated radiographically with respect to the bone quality in 22 ..
- Simplified treatment of the atrophic posterior maxilla via immediate/early function and tilted implants: A prospective 1-year clinical studyRoberto Calandriello
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 7:S1-12. 2005..Posterior maxillae are often difficult to treat owing to the sinus antrum. Placing implants in remaining bone regions in the atrophic maxilla, without performing sinus grafting, is a challenge. Immediate function adds to this challenge...
- T cells are able to promote lipopolysaccharide-induced bone resorption in mice in the absence of B cellsM Yamaguchi
Department of Periodontology, Unit of Translational Medicine, Course of Medical and Dental Sciences, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
J Periodontal Res 43:549-55. 2008..In this study, we therefore investigated the ability of T cells to induce bone resorption without B cells, using both T cell- and B cell-deficient mice with severe combined immune deficiency (SCID)...
- Maximum use of the anterior maxillary buttress in severe maxillary atrophy with tilted, palatally positioned implants: a preliminary studyMaria Penarrocha
Valencia University Medical and Dental School, Spain
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 25:813-20. 2010..To evaluate an alternative treatment for rehabilitation of the atrophic maxilla with palatal and tilted implants and to assess patient satisfaction with the results...
- Alveolar bone loss around incisors in surgical skeletal Class III patientsYoonji Kim
Department of Orthodontics, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Angle Orthod 79:676-82. 2009..To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in the vertical alveolar bone levels and alveolar bone thickness around the maxillary and mandibular central incisors in surgically treated skeletal Class III malocclusion patients...
- Salivary biomarkers associated with alveolar bone lossF A Scannapieco
Departments of Oral Biology, School of Dental Medicine, State University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1098:496-7. 2007A longitudinal case-control study was performed to measure the association of salivary biomarkers with alveolar bone loss from a sub-sample of 1,256 post-menopausal women enrolled in the Buffalo Women's Health Initiative...
- One-year outcome of implants strategically placed in the retrocanine bone trianglePiero Balleri
Department of Oral Surgery, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 12:324-30. 2010..Implant treatment in the partially edentulous maxilla is often challenging because of minimum bone volumes in distal direction...
- Clinical effect of autologous platelet-rich fibrin in the treatment of intra-bony defects: a controlled clinical trialManojkumar Thorat
Department of Periodontics, Government Dental College and Research Institute, Fort, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Clin Periodontol 38:925-32. 2011..The present study aimed to investigate the clinical and radiological effectiveness of autologous PRF in the treatment of intra-bony defects of chronic periodontitis patients...
- Platelet-derived growth factor stimulates bone fill and rate of attachment level gain: results of a large multicenter randomized controlled trialMyron Nevins
Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Periodontol 76:2205-15. 2005....
- Subantimicrobial dose doxycycline effects on alveolar bone loss in post-menopausal womenJeffrey B Payne
Department of Surgical Specialties, University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry, Lincoln, NE 68583 0740, USA
J Clin Periodontol 34:776-87. 2007....
- Comparison of alveolar bone loss around incisors in normal occlusion samples and surgical skeletal class III patientsYoon Ah Kook
Department of Orthodontics, Seoul St Mary s Hospital, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Angle Orthod 82:645-52. 2012To test the hypothesis that there is no difference in vertical alveolar bone loss and alveolar bone thickness around maxillary and mandibular central incisors in normal occlusion samples and skeletal Class III malocclusion patients.
- Immediate rehabilitation of the edentulous maxilla: preliminary results of a single-cohort prospective studyEnrico L Agliardi
Department of Health Technologies, Milan University, Milan, Itally
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 24:887-95. 2009..This article reports preliminary results of a single-cohort prospective study that sought to evaluate a new surgical protocol for the immediate rehabilitation of edentulous maxilla without using bone grafting...
- Prevalence of peri-implant diseases. A cross-sectional study based on a private practice environmentJavier Mir-Mari
Department of Oral Surgery and Implantology, Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Periodontol 39:490-4. 2012..To determine the prevalence of peri-implant diseases in private practice patients enrolled in a periodontal maintenance programme...
- Validation of a dental image analyzer tool to measure alveolar bone loss in periodontitis patientsW J Teeuw
Department of Periodontology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, University of Amsterdam and Vrije University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Periodontal Res 44:94-102. 2009..Therefore, the present study investigated whether measuring alveolar bone loss, using digital radiographs with a newly constructed dental image analyzer tool was comparable to the ..
- Root proximity as a risk factor for progression of alveolar bone loss: the Veterans Affairs Dental Longitudinal StudyTaera Kim
Department of Orthodontics, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Periodontol 79:654-9. 2008The purpose of the present longitudinal study was to evaluate the association between root proximity and the risk for alveolar bone loss (ABL).
- Td92, an outer membrane protein of Treponema denticola, induces osteoclastogenesis via prostaglandin E(2)-mediated RANKL/osteoprotegerin regulationM Kim
Department of Oral Biology, BK21 Project, Oral Science Research Center, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Yonsei University College of Dentistry, Seoul, Korea
J Periodontal Res 45:772-9. 2010Periodontitis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the periodontium that causes significant alveolar bone loss. Osteoclasts are bone-resorbing multinucleated cells...
- Alendronate therapy in cyclosporine-induced alveolar bone loss in ratsL C Spolidorio
Department of Physiology and Pathology, Dental School of Araraquara, State University of Sao Paulo UNESP, Araraquara, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Periodontal Res 42:466-73. 2007..As we have shown that cyclosporine A-associated bone loss can also affect the alveolar bone, the purpose of this study was to evaluate the effect of the concomitant administration of alendronate on alveolar bone loss in a rat model.
- Administration of high doses of caffeine increases alveolar bone loss in ligature-induced periodontitis in ratsJoyce Pinho Bezerra
Department of Periodontics, Dental Research Division, Guarulhos University, Guarulhos, SP, Brazil
J Periodontol 79:2356-60. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of high doses of caffeine on ligature-induced periodontitis in rats...
- Blockade of sympathetic b-receptors inhibits Porphyromonas gingivalis-induced alveolar bone loss in an experimental rat periodontitis modelYuka Okada
Department of Craniofacial Growth and Development Dentistry, Kanagawa Dental College, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 55:502-8. 2010Periodontal disease is characterised by alveolar bone loss. Some studies have suggested the involvement of sympathetic nervous system in the deterioration of periodontal disease...
- [Ethnic origin and alveolar bone loss in Israeli adults]Y Zadik
The Zrifin Central Dental Clinic, Health and Prevention Medicine Institute, Centre of Medical Services, Medical Corps, Israel Defense Forces
Refuat Hapeh Vehashinayim 25:19-22, 72. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the association of alveolar bone loss and ethnic origin among Israeli adults.
- Implant treatment without bone grafting in edentulous severely resorbed maxillas: a long-term follow-up studyAnnika Rosen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Karolinska Institute Karolinska University Hospital, Huddinge, Sweden
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:1010-6. 2007..To evaluate retrospectively the surgical outcome of tilted implants in severely resorbed edentulous maxillas as an alternative to bone grafting and the prosthodontic outcome of posterior extension bridges on tilted implants...
- Effects of a high-cholesterol diet on cell behavior in rat periodontitisT Tomofuji
Department of Oral Health, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
J Dent Res 84:752-6. 2005..These results suggest that high dietary cholesterol can initiate and augment periodontitis in the rat periodontitis model...
- Anti-Inflammatory Glycosaminoglycan Ethers for Treatment of PeriodontitisJUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2011..Since blockade of RAGE inhibits periodontitis-associated alveolar bone loss in diabetic animals, RAGE is an attractive target for intervention in periodontal disease...
- Periodontal Biomaterials with BITE (Biofilm Immunity via T-cell Enhancement)James D Bryers; Fiscal Year: 2012..after treatment (scaling and root planing) has been reported to be significantly associated with progressive alveolar bone loss. Moreover, an increase in P...
- Anti-Inflammatory Glycosaminoglycan Ethers for Treatment of PeriodontitisJUSTIN RODNEY SAVAGE; Fiscal Year: 2013..gingivalis-infected rats. Finally, and most importantly, it inhibits alveolar bone loss when administered parenterally in a diabetic P...
- A Novel Murine Model of Chronic Inflammatory PeriodontitusHelieh S Oz; Fiscal Year: 2010..periodontitis with agents that regulate ROS production and function will decrease local inflammation and alveolar bone loss. The approach will be to treat mice with distinct antioxidants, a cysteine prodrug 2-(RS)-n-..
- Metabolic Syndrome and PeriodontitisELIZABETH A KAYE; Fiscal Year: 2013..The key periodontal disease indices we will examine are radiographic alveolar bone loss, probing pocket depth, and clinical attachment loss, which have been measured on each tooth approximately ..
- Targeted delivery of osteoinductive molecules to biologic HA in bone graftsJennifer L Bain; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will set th stage for utilizing this technology in Phase I clinical trials. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Alveolar bone loss occurs due to a number of conditions and there is a need to regain this lost bone either for tooth retention ..
- Tannerella forsythia intercations with host cells and other bacteriaAshu Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2012..Studies in a mouse model of bacterially-induced alveolar bone loss showed that a BspA-defective T...
- Role of Obesity in InfectionSalomon Amar; Fiscal Year: 2012..diet-induced obesity alters the immune response to Porphyromonas gingivalis which leads to an aggravated alveolar bone loss in obese animals...
- Is Mitf the Missing Puzzle Linking NFATc1 to OsteoclastogenesisYi Ling Lin; Fiscal Year: 2010..immune cells are the important local sources of RANKL, which promotes osteoclastogenesis, leading to chronic alveolar bone loss. To develop effective treatment against unregulated osteoclast activation, we need to know how ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF TOOTH ERUPTIONShaomian Yao; Fiscal Year: 2012..because the periodontal ligament (PDL) is derived from the DF, the molecular regulation of osteoclastogenesis by the DF may suggest a similar role for the PDL in regulating alveolar bone loss seen in periodontitis.
- Mechanism of ITAM Signal Regulation in OsteoclastsMary Beth Humphrey; Fiscal Year: 2012..gingivalis) induced alveolar bone loss. Additionally we will investigate the roles of DAP12 and SHIP1 in inflammatory trabecular and alveolar bone ..
- Wnt-4 inhibits peridontitis by attenuating NF-kBCun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1 is to determine whether Wnt-4 prevents periodontal inflammation and alveolar bone loss by attenuating NF-kB activation in vivo...
- Functional Tooth MobilityZi Jun Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..first molar (Aim 1), and to assess how these physiological kinetics are affected by various degrees of alveolar bone loss (Aim 2)...
- Post-Transcriptional Regulation of Periodontal DiseKeith L Kirkwood; Fiscal Year: 2013..where TTP is over-expressed show a reduction of pro-inflammatory proteins and reduced amount of LPS-induced alveolar bone loss. Preliminary data for this proposal indicates that mutant mice lacking TTP display an increased amount of ..
- MOLECULAR ASPECTS OF ORAL PLAQUE FORMATIONRichard J Lamont; Fiscal Year: 2013..gingivalis and S. gordonii is more pathogenic compared to either species alone in a murine alveolar bone loss model...
- Treatment of Periodontitis via Recruitment of Regulatory LymphocytesSteven R Little; Fiscal Year: 2013..to produce various release profiles of Treg recruiting factors and then examine their effect on alveolar bone loss using two different murine models of periodontal disease...
- The Effect of Statin on Diabetes-Associated Peridontal DiseaseYan Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..To determine the effects of simvastatin on periodontal inflammation and alveolar bone loss in nondiabetic and diabetic animal models. 2...
- Diabetes-enhanced Experimental PeriodontitisDana T Graves; Fiscal Year: 2011..It is possible that diabetes enhances alveolar bone loss by suppression of coupling due to diabetes-impaired bone formation...
- The Importance of Periostin in Periodontal Health and DiseaseHector F Rios; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have shown that Periostin null mice suffer severe alveolar bone loss over time resulting in tooth loss...
- Impact of Oral bacterial interactions on periodontitisEric Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2004..The specific aims of the application are: 1) To determine the extent of alveolar bone loss and level of bacterial colonization in the murine periodontitis model when co-inocula of P. gingivalis, T...
- Role of GSK3 in host inflammationDavid A Scott; Fiscal Year: 2013..events will be exploited using murine models of inflammation (sub-cutaneous chamber) and periodontitis (alveolar bone loss)...
- Salivary Biomarkers to Predict Alveolar Bone LossFrank Scannapieco; Fiscal Year: 2005..rapid system that can be used with ease in the dental! office to identify patients at high risk for future alveolar bone loss. This information will allow the practitioner to target appropriate interventions to patients in most need ..
- Dendritic cells, Mucosal Immunity and C-type LectinsEdward Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..gingivalis as measured by alveolar bone loss and antibody responses. This work will lead to better understanding about how microflora can affect DCs...
- HOST-BACTERIAL INTERACTIONS IN PERIODONTAL DISEASERUSSELL NISENGARD; Fiscal Year: 1992..macacae and the extent of alveolar bone loss compared to the sham-immunized, ligated and immunized, mon-ligated controls...
- Interleukin-1 Composite Genotype and Alveolar Bone LossMartha Nunn; Fiscal Year: 2005..b>Alveolar bone loss, a predictor of tooth loss, may be influenced by host inflammatory response to bacterial challenge...
- New Salicylanildes to Treat Oral DiseasesRichard Evans; Fiscal Year: 2006..gingivalis-induced alveolar bone loss, and for oral safety in the rat...
- NEW STRATEGIES FOR ENHANCING TISSUE INTEGRITY AND REPAIRCaroline Damsky; Fiscal Year: 2003..and temporomandibular joint disorders; and patients with chronic disabling skeletal disorders, including alveolar bone loss and tooth loss, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis...
- Small molecule compound-based method to induce new bone formation and prevent perRICHARD JIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The primary causes of alveolar bone loss are periodontitis and tooth loss...
- Alveolar Bone Regeneration by Transcriptional ControlJeffrey Hollinger; Fiscal Year: 2006The aftermath of periodontal disease frequently includes alveolar bone loss. Contemporary periodontal therapy has not been effective for regenerating alveolar bone...
- Multivariate CART for survival with dental applicaionsMartha Nunn; Fiscal Year: 2006..Change in alveolar bone loss at all interproximal sites has also been measured from at least 6 sequential sets of full-mouth films per ..
- LOCALIZATION IN GINGIVA OF BONE RESORPTION MEDIATORSKLAUS NUKI; Fiscal Year: 1980..beagle dogs in various stages of controlled inflammation, both with and without radiographic evidence of alveolar bone loss. Bone resorbing activity will be measured in freeze dried, microdissected, weighed samples, by means of 45Ca ..
- Diagnostic Test for Periodontal Bone LossSamuel Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2002..in the clinical management of patients susceptible to periodontal disease is the inability to detect active alveolar bone loss. Currently, the clinician diagnoses periodontitis based upon historical measures such as radiographs and ..
- ASSESSMENT OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE BY DIGITAL IMAGINGCharles Hildebolt; Fiscal Year: 1992..Manual measurements of alveolar bone loss will be used for validation of a computer-based morbidity index...
- NOVEL SUBSTANCE TO AID IN THE REMINERALIZATION OF TEETHBakul Bhatt; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition to caries, this technology may have an impact on periodontal disease, osteoporosis, and alveolar bone loss.
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Annual MeetingDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- Microbial Markers for Periodontal Disease in ChildrenDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Attachment of Oral Actinobacillus to EpitheliumDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2008..The longterm goal of this application is to use this information to identify targets for therapeutic agents that can interfere with attachment of Aa to oral tissues and thus prevent colonization leading to LAP. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Oral Immunology/Microbiology Research Group Annual MtgDaniel Fine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Perpetuation of the OIMRG and its annual meetings greatly enhances the spirit of collegial interaction/collaboration among investigators with expertise in immunology and microbial pathogenesis as related to oral health and disease. ..
- AUTONOMIC INDUCED IMMUNE RESPONSE IMPAIRMENTLEWIS FANNON; Fiscal Year: 1992..Results with MRI will be compared to gingival O2 tissue metabolism and alveolar bone loss.
- LOW-DOSE DOXYCYCLINE EFFECTS ON OSTEOPENIC BONE LOSSJeffrey Payne; Fiscal Year: 2007..Reduced bone loss and CVD incidence would represent significant public health improvements. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Periodontal Disease and the Incidence of Oral CancerMine Tezal; Fiscal Year: 2007..The specific aim of the proposed study is to test whether alveolar bone loss (ABL), a radiographic outcome measure of periodontitis, is associated with an increased risk of oral cancer...
- Guided Pocket Recolonization (GPR) in PeriodontitisMarc Quirynen; Fiscal Year: 2004..Clinical data will be collected after 2, 4, 6, 8 and 12 weeks. The results should indicate the possible role for commensal organisms in periodontal disease and subgingival biofilm formation. ..
- Oral Health Research TrainingMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2006..Where clinical training is interdigitated with the program, the clinical program director reports on the clinical progress to Dr. Jeffcoat. Program structure will also include internal and external advisory committees. ..
- Periodontitis, Atherosclerosis and the Host ResponseEvanthia Lalla; Fiscal Year: 2007..increased atherosclerosis, infected mice displayed serum antibody (IgG) response to P gingivalis; increased alveolar bone loss and elevated levels of plasma IL-6 (both correlating with extent of atherosclerotic lesion area); bacterial ..
- A Unified Surgical Instrument System for Periodontal Minimally Invasive SurgerySTEPHEN HARREL; Fiscal Year: 2007..The resulting system, based on the surgical consultants evaluations and scores, will be used in a Phase 2 multicenter controlled clinical evaluation of MIS. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- UAB Oral Health Research Curriculum InnovationMICHAEL REDDY; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DEVELOPMENT OF A VACCINE FOR HUMAN PERIODONTITISROY PAGE; Fiscal Year: 2001..gingivalis vaccine, suppresses or blocks periodontal destruction as assessed by alveolar bone loss. The mechanisms may involve antibody-mediated reduction in levels of PGE2 and other inflammatory mediators, ..
- Bone-Active Treatments for Chronic PeriodontitisCharles Hildebolt; Fiscal Year: 2008..The possibility of promoting alveolar bone gain or reducing alveolar bone loss with calcium and vitamin D supplementation is significant because it could lead to improved quality of life ..
- OSTEOPOROTIC ORAL BONE QUANTIFICATIONCharles Hildebolt; Fiscal Year: 2002..It is anticipated that these PSP methods will result in better prevention, diagnosis and treatment of bone loss and will facilitate research aimed at establishing risk factors for alveolar bone loss.
- TREATING PERIODONTAL INFECTION: GLYCEMIC CONTROLGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Periodontal microbiota, serum Antibody response & T1DMEvanthia Lalla; Fiscal Year: 2002..Theses studies will markedly enhance our understanding of the oral microbiology and immunology in type 1 diabetes. ..
- Diabetes Associations with Caries and Tooth LossGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results may also impact on existing clinical practice protocols, and promote new public policy in matters related to diabetes. ..
- PATIENT ORIENTED RESEARCH--ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERTHOMAS DODSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..This award leverages the PI's skills and talents by providing protected time to mentor additional trainees and to conduct high quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Periodontal Therapy: Effects on Glycemic Control in Community Health CentersGeorge Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tracking Mucosal T cells to Commensal Microbes in VivoMassimo Costalonga; Fiscal Year: 2006..The data will be important to human health, establishing a framework to study in vivo mucosal infectious agents and oral vaccines. ..
- Oral spirochetes: molecular genetic analysisAshu Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2004..pallidum, may play a role in periodontitis will be examined. These approaches should increase understanding of the molecular basis for the pathogenicity of spirochetes. ..