Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the lymph nodes.
Publications217 found, 100 shown here
- Management of nontuberculous mycobacteria-induced cervical lymphadenitis with observation aloneAvraham Zeharia
Day Hospitalization Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:920-2. 2008Nontuberculous mycobacteria can cause a chronic localized cervicofacial lymphadenitis in immunocompetent children. The recommended treatment is total excision of the affected lymph node...
- Acute phase protein response in an experimental model of ovine caseous lymphadenitisPeter D Eckersall
Division of Animal Production and Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Glasgow, Bearsden Rd, Glasgow, G61 1QH, UK
BMC Vet Res 3:35. 2007Caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) is a disease of small ruminants caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis. The pathogenesis of CLA is a slow process, and produces a chronic rather than an acute disease state...
- Lymphadenitis in children is caused by Mycobacterium avium hominissuis and not related to 'bird tuberculosis'L E S Bruijnesteijn van Coppenraet
Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:293-9. 2008..non-Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (nontuberculous mycobacteria) isolates worldwide and frequently causes lymphadenitis in children...
- Prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis and usage of caseous lymphadenitis vaccines in sheep flocksM W Paton
Exotic Disease Preparedness and Animal Welfare, Western Australia Department of Agriculture, Locked Bag 4, Bentley Delivery Centre, Western Australia 6983
Aust Vet J 81:91-5. 2003To estimate the prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA), determine the current usage of vaccines against CLA and to measure the effectiveness of these vaccines on sheep farms.
- Immunological profiles of immune restoration disease presenting as mycobacterial lymphadenitis and cryptococcal meningitisD B A Tan
School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
HIV Med 9:307-16. 2008..A proportion of HIV patients beginning antiretroviral therapy (ART) develop immune restoration disease (IRD). Immunological characteristics of IRD were investigated in a cohort of HIV patients beginning therapy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...
- [Epidemiological and clinical studies of ovine caseous lymphadenitis]M S Ben Saïd
Service de pathologie de bétail, ENMV Sidi Thabet 2020, Ariana, Tunisie
Arch Inst Pasteur Tunis 79:51-7. 2002A field survey was undertaken, to determine epidemiological, clinical and biological data on Ovine Caseous Lymphadenitis disease in 54 flocks originated from Sfax area in Tunisia. The mean morbidity rate of the cutaneous form was 5.1%...
- Characterization of United Kingdom isolates of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis using pulsed-field gel electrophoresisK M Connor
Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 OPZ, Scotland
J Clin Microbiol 38:2633-7. 2000Caseous lymphadenitis is a chronic suppurative disease caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis and is responsible for serious economic losses to the sheep and goat industry...
- Postal survey of ovine caseous lymphadenitis in the United Kingdom between 1990 and 1999S H Binns
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry
Vet Rec 150:263-8. 2002..breed societies (A, B and C) were surveyed to investigate the prevalence and characteristics of ovine caseous lymphadenitis in the UK. In total, 264 veterinary surgeons and 510 farmers responded...
- Severe axillary lymphadenitis after BCG vaccination: alert for primary immunodeficienciesAlexandra Santos
Medical Inpatient Department, Coimbra Pediatric Hospital, Coimbra, Portugal
J Microbiol Immunol Infect 43:530-7. 2010..All had severe axillary lymphadenitis. These clinical cases underline the importance of considering the diagnosis of immunodeficiency in a child ..
- Cryptococcal lymphadenitis diagnosed by FNAC in a HIV positive individualB R J Shravanakumar
J Postgrad Med 49:370. 2003
- Light-chain-restricted germinal centres in reactive lymphadenitis: report of eight casesS H Nam-Cha
Lymphoma Group, Molecular Pathology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Histopathology 52:436-44. 2008..The aim was to present a series of cases with persistent lymph node enlargement that featured some germinal centres showing light chain immunoglobulin restriction...
- Mycobacterial lymphadenitis in Western AustraliaS C Pang
Chest Service, Health Department of Western Australia, Perth
Tuber Lung Dis 73:362-7. 1992The records of 172 patients with culture-positive mycobacterial lymphadenitis in Western Australia between January 1972 and December 1989 inclusive have been reviewed. Of the 118 children under 7 years of age, the disease was caused by M...
- Colchicine prophylaxis for frequent periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis and adenitis episodesDiana Tasher
The Pediatric Infectious and Immunology Unit, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, and the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Paediatr 97:1090-2. 2008..To review our experience with colchicine for the prophylaxis of PFAPA (periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, adenitis)...
- Frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisDharma Kanta Baskota
Department of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine, Teaching Hospital, Post Box No 3578, Kathmandu Nepal
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:157-9. 2005To investigate the frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis (TCL).
- Lymphadenitis, trans-epidermal elimination and unusual histopathology in human rhinosporidiosisS N Arseculeratne
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Mycopathologia 153:57-69. 2002..Histopathological evidence of lymphadenitis in rhinosporidiosis is presented for the first time...
- Periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis (PFAPA) is a disorder of innate immunity and Th1 activation responsive to IL-1 blockadeSilvia Stojanov
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:7148-53. 2011..IL-1 inhibition may thus be beneficial for treatment of PFAPA attacks, with IP-10/CXCL10 serving as a potential biomarker...
- Tonsillectomy in children with periodic fever with aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis syndromeWerner Garavello
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University of Milano Bicocca, Monza, Italy
J Pediatr 159:138-42. 2011..To seek evidence supporting a role for tonsillectomy or adenotonsillectomy in the management of affected children with periodic fever with aphthous stomatitis, pharnygitis, and adenitis (PFAPA) syndrome...
- The use of light-emitting diode fluorescence to diagnose mycobacterial lymphadenitis in fine-needle aspirates from childrenA C van Wyk
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Pathology, National Health Laboratory Service, Stellenbosch University, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:56-60. 2011..aspiration biopsy (FNAB) is a simple, safe and effective method for investigating suspected mycobacterial lymphadenitis in children. Fluorescence microscopy can provide rapid mycobacterial confirmation...
- Rhodotorula mucilaginosa lymphadenitis in an HIV-infected patientHoratio B Fung
Medical Surgical Patient Care Center, James J Peters Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10468, USA
Int J Infect Dis 13:e27-9. 2009We report a case of lymphadenitis due to Rhodotorula mucilaginosa in a man with well-controlled HIV infection...
- Outbreak of Bacille Calmette-Guérin-related lymphadenitis in Saudi children at a university hospital after a change in the strain of vaccineAbdulkarim Abdullah Alrabiaah
King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Ann Saudi Med 32:4-8. 2012Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccination is part of the expanded program of vaccination in Saudi Arabia. Lymphadenitis is the most common complication of the BCG vaccine...
- Six cases of suppurative lymphadenitis caused by Burkholderia pseudomallei infectionMaciej Piotr Chlebicki
Department of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases Unit, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg 100:798-801. 2006..Uncomplicated, localized infection usually involves skin or subcutaneous tissues. Suppurative lymphadenitis caused by melioidosis has been rarely encountered by clinicians practicing in endemic areas...
- The sonographic characteristics of nontuberculous mycobacterial cervicofacial lymphadenitis in childrenJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Radiol 36:1063-7. 2006Nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) are a common cause of chronic cervicofacial lymphadenitis in young children. The differential diagnosis includes other infections, lymphoepithelial cysts and malignancies.
- Prevalence of and carcass condemnation from maedi-visna, paratuberculosis and caseous lymphadenitis in culled sheep from Quebec, CanadaJulie Arsenault
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, 3200 rue Sicotte, C P 5000, Quebec, J2S 7C6, Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Prev Vet Med 59:67-81. 2003..infection, the prevalence of paratuberculosis (PTB), and the prevalence and lesions distribution of caseous lymphadenitis (CL) in culled sheep...
- Disease spectrum of cervical lymphadenitis: analysis based on ultrasound-guided core-needle gun biopsyJoon Young Song
Division of Infectious Diseases, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Infect 55:310-6. 2007..We are evaluating the disease spectrum of cervical lymphadenitis in the outpatient setting.
- Nested PCR for diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis and PCR-SSCP for identification of rifampicin resistance in fine-needle aspiratesGyungyub Gong
Department of Pathology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Diagn Cytopathol 26:228-31. 2002..Ziehl-Neelsen stain (Z-N) and PCR were processed using the aspirates of tuberculous lymphadenitis for the detection of M. tuberculosis. PCR-SSCP was done for the identification of rpoB mutation. M...
- Immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in a patient with cryptococcal lymphadenitis as the first presentation of acquired immunodeficiency syndromeM Tahir
Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
J Postgrad Med 53:250-2. 2007..IRIS in a young man with unknown human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) status who presented with cryptococcal lymphadenitis as the first manifestation of AIDS...
- High seroprevalence of caseous lymphadenitis in Brazilian goat herds revealed by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis secreted proteins-based ELISAN Seyffert
Laboratório de Genética Celular e Molecular, Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, CP 486, CEP 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Res Vet Sci 88:50-5. 2010We conducted a seroepidemiological survey to determine the prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) in goat herds in Minas Gerais state, Brazil...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) in the diagnosis of granulomatous lymphadenitisV Koo
Department of Surgery, Belfast City Hospital Trust, Northern Ireland
Ulster Med J 75:59-64. 2006To determine the final histological and clinical diagnosis of patients with granulomatous lymphadenitis on fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC).
- Fine needle aspiration of toxoplasmic lymphadenitis in an intramammary lymph node. A case reportK Shimizu
1st Department of Anatomic and Diagnostic Pathology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Acta Cytol 45:259-62. 2001Cytologic findings of toxoplasmic lymphadenitis (TL) have been only sporadically reported. Intramammary lymph node is an extremely rare site for TL.
- Evaluation of the humoral and cellular immune response to different antigens of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Canindé goats and their potential protection against caseous lymphadenitisL F Moura-Costa
Departamento de Biointeração Instituto de Ciências da Saúde Universidade Federal da Bahia, Av Reitor Miguel Calmon, S N Vale do Canela, CEP 40140 100, Salvador BA, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 126:131-41. 2008Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the etiologic agent of caseous lymphadenitis, a disease that affects goats and sheep, and can cause severe economic losses...
- Cryptococcal lymphadenitis diagnosed by fine needle aspiration cytology: a review of 15 casesRadhika Srinivasan
Department of Cytology and Gynecological Pathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Acta Cytol 54:1-4. 2010..To review the cases of cryptococcal infection presenting primarily with lymphadenopathy and diagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) and to evaluate the various cellular reactions in this infection...
- Cryptococcal lymphadenitis: report of a case with fine needle aspiration cytologyRajendra S Garbyal
Department of Pathology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Baharas Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Acta Cytol 49:58-60. 2005..Cryptococcosis is one of the opportunistic infections in AIDS, and therefore an expeditious diagnosis is of the utmost importance since once a cryptococcal infection disseminates, it becomes life threatening...
- Dual infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Pneumocystis jiroveci Lymphadenitis in a Patient with HIV infection: case report and review of the literatureThana Khawcharoenporn
Department of Medicine, Thammasart University Hospital, Pratumthani, Thailand
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:1-5. 2006We report a case of dual Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) and Pneumocystis jiroveci (carinii) (PCP) lymphadenitis in a patient with HIV who had been receiving trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) as systemic prophylaxis for PCP...
- Real-time PCR strategy and detection of bacterial agents of lymphadenitisE Angelakis
URMITE CNRS IRD UMR 6236, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Universite de la Mediterranee, 27 Bd Jean Moulin, 13385, Marseille Cedex 05, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 28:1363-8. 2009....
- Human herpesvirus-6-associated acute lymphadenitis in immunocompetent adultsIrina Maric
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1427-33. 2004In contrast to other causes of herpetic lymphadenitis, the histological features associated with human herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) infection have remained elusive since its discovery in 1986...
- Caseous lymphadenitis in small ruminantsL H Williamson
Department of Large Animal Medicine, University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia, USA
Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 17:359-71, vii. 2001Caseous lymphadenitis is a contagious bacterial disease that affects sheep and goats. It is characterized by abscess formation in the skin, internal and external lymph nodes, and internal organs...
- A preliminary report of fine-needle aspiration biopsy in superficially accessible lesions in childrenA M O Shonubi
Queen Elizabeth II Hospital, Maseru, Kingdom of Lesotho, Nigeria
West Afr J Med 23:221-3. 2004..Its clinical use has continued to widen with the availability of more sophisticated methods of imaging. Its minimal invasiveness, cheap cost and easy application make it a technique of choice in investigating swellings even in children...
- Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis and its role in ovine caseous lymphadenitisG J Baird
Scottish Agricultural College Veterinary Services, 5 Bertha Park View, Perth PH1 3FZ, Scotland, UK
J Comp Pathol 137:179-210. 2007Caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) of sheep, caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis, has been a significant disease in the majority of sheep-rearing regions for over a century...
- Herpes simplex and Epstein-Barr virus lymphadenitis in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with fludarabineSantiago Mercadal
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Haematol 77:442-4. 2006..We describe a patient with a CLL who developed an herpes virus lymphadenitis. Inmunohistochemical study was positive for HSV-1, HSV-2, and Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)...
- Cervicofacial lymphadenitis in children caused by Mycobacterium haemophilumJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Center for Dentistry, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 41:1569-75. 2005Nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lymphadenitis in children is most often caused by Mycobacterium avium. In a prospective, multicenter trial of the optimal treatment, 23...
- Potential use of procalcitonin concentrations as a diagnostic marker of the PFAPA syndromeTakao Yoshihara
Department of Pediatrics, Matsushita Memorial Hospital, 5 55, Sotojima cho, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 166:621-2. 2007
- Tuberculin skin testing is useful in the screening for nontuberculous mycobacterial cervicofacial lymphadenitis in childrenJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 43:1547-51. 2006..We evaluated the diagnostic usefulness of tuberculin skin testing in the screening for nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) infection in children...
- Immunohistochemistry using a Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antibody for improved diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitisTehmina Mustafa
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Mod Pathol 19:1606-14. 2006The clinical and histological criteria used to diagnose lymphadenitis caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex organisms have poor specificity. Acid-fast staining and culture has low sensitivity and specificity...
- A case of facial cellulitis and necrotizing lymphadenitis due to cowpox virus infectionRoland Pahlitzsch
Department of Otolaryngology, Blekinge County Hospital, Karlskrona, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 43:737-42. 2006..cellulitis of the face, the clinical course was dominated by several areas of subcutaneous, necrotizing lymphadenitis, from one of which a huge abscess formed that had to be incised...
- Detection of Bartonella henselae DNA in two dogs with pyogranulomatous lymphadenitisSofia C Morales
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 230:681-5. 2007..1 dog evaluated because of inappetence and lameness of the left hind limb of 1 day's duration and 1 dog evaluated because of inappetence, fever, and lymphadenopathy of 2 weeks' duration...
- Detection of opportunistic infections by low-density microarrays: a diagnostic approach for granulomatous lymphadenitisMargarete Odenthal
Institute for Pathology, University Clinic of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:18-26. 2007..microarray for simultaneous detection of diverse putative pathogens causing a disease such as granulomatous lymphadenitis. Nucleic acids from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues of 68 patients with lymphadenitis were used for ..
- A novel bacterium associated with lymphadenitis in a patient with chronic granulomatous diseaseDavid E Greenberg
Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 2:e28. 2006..This is the first reported case of invasive human disease caused by any of the Acetobacteraceae. Polyphasic taxonomic analysis shows this organism to be a new genus and species for which we propose the name Granulobacter bethesdensis...
- PFAPA syndrome: new clinical aspects disclosedD Tasher
Department of Pediatrics, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Arch Dis Child 91:981-4. 2006..However, there are currently relatively few data on the natural history of this syndrome...
- Vaccination confers significant protection of sheep against infection with a virulent United Kingdom strain of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosisMichael C Fontaine
Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik EH26 0PZ, Scotland, United Kingdom
Vaccine 24:5986-96. 2006..a virulent United Kingdom Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis isolate, an ovine experimental model of caseous lymphadenitis was developed, in which the manifestation of disease was equivalent to the naturally observed infection in ..
- Acute, subacute, and chronic cervical lymphadenitis in childrenJohn R Gosche
Division of Pediatric Surgery, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 15:99-106. 2006Lymphadenopathy refers to any disease process involving lymph nodes that are abnormal in size and consistency. Lymphadenitis specifically refers to lymphadenopathies that are caused by inflammatory processes...
- Sebaceous adenitis in a 7-year-old Arabian geldingChristina Osborne
Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5B4
Can Vet J 47:583-6. 2006..Sebaceous adenitis was diagnosed on histopathologic examination. Lesions resolved without treatment, coinciding with regression of a sarcoid on the neck...
- Real-time PCR assay using fine-needle aspirates and tissue biopsy specimens for rapid diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis in childrenE S Bruijnesteijn Van Coppenraet
Department of Medical Microbiology, E4 60, Center of Infectious Diseases, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 42:2644-50. 2004A real-time PCR assay was developed to diagnose and identify the causative agents of suspected mycobacterial lymphadenitis. Primers and probes for the real-time PCR were designed on the basis of the internal transcribed spacer sequence, ..
- Cytokine profile in PFAPA syndrome suggests continuous inflammation and reduced anti-inflammatory responseSilvia Stojanov
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:90-7. 2006....
- Effects of cyclosporine A on clinical and histologic abnormalities in dogs with sebaceous adenitisMonika Linek
Veterinary Clinic Linek, Brunnenkoppel 1, 22041 Hamburg, Germany
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:59-64. 2005..To evaluate the effects of cyclosporine A in the treatment of sebaceous adenitis in dogs...
- Experimental Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis primary infection in goats: kinetics of IgG and interferon-gamma production, IgG avidity and antigen recognition by Western blottingB J A Paule
Laboratorio de Imunologia, Instituto de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Av Reitor Miguel Calmon, S N Vale do Canela, CEP 40140 100, Salvador BA, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 96:129-39. 2003Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the cause of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) in small ruminants, a chronic granulomatous disease that provokes significant zootechnics losses to ovine and goat breeders in northern Brazil...
- Mycobacterium haemophilum and lymphadenitis in childrenLesla E S Bruijnesteijn van Coppenraet
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 11:62-8. 2005..reaction (PCR) technology on fine needle aspirates and biopsied specimens from 89 children with cervicofacial lymphadenitis, we assessed the importance of M. haemophilum...
- Three cases of immune-mediated adnexal skin disease treated with cyclosporinChiara Noli
Ospedale Veterinario Cuneese, Via Cuneo 52 N, 12011 Borgo S Dalmazzo CN, Italy
Vet Dermatol 17:85-92. 2006..The authors report a case of granulomatous folliculitis and furunculosis and of sebaceous adenitis in two cats and a case of alopecia areata in a dog, successfully controlled with cyclosporin...
- Utility of tonsillectomy in 2 patients with the syndrome of periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cervical adenitisSanjay R Parikh
Department of Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:670-3. 2003....
- Atypical mycobacterial disease in children: a personal seriesI Mushtaq
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH
Pediatr Surg Int 18:707-11. 2002..Most children (n = 56) presented with chronic lymphadenitis or abscess formation (n = 55). The duration of illness varied from 4 days to 18 months...
- Breast cancer with associated granulomatous axillary lymphadenitis: a diagnostic and clinical dilemma in regions with high prevalence of tuberculosisMinhas Khurram
Section of Histopathology, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Pathol Res Pract 203:699-704. 2007..PCR-based assays are recommended for the diagnosis of TB in cases where ZN is unhelpful for demonstrating AFB or no tissue is submitted for microbiological studies...
- Disseminated Mycobacterium abscessus infection manifesting as fever of unknown origin and intra-abdominal lymphadenitis: case report and literature reviewP S Mueller
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 39:33-7. 2001..abscessus infection manifesting as fever of unknown origin and intra-abdominal lymphadenitis, but without rash. Our patient responded well to amikacin and clarithromycin therapy...
- Effectiveness of adenotonsillectomy in PFAPA syndrome: a randomized studyWerner Garavello
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ospedale San Gerardo, University of Milano Bicocca, DNTB Monza, Italy
J Pediatr 155:250-3. 2009..To evaluate whether adenotonsillectomy leads to complete resolution in children with PFAPA (periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cervical adenitis) syndrome...
- Bacille Calmette-Guérin lymphadenitisJafinder S Goraya
Department of Paediatrics, Government Medical College Hospital, Sector 32B, 160 047 Chandigarh, India
Postgrad Med J 78:327-9. 2002Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) lymphadenitis is the most common complication of BCG vaccination...
- Mycobacterial lymphadenitis associated with the initiation of combination antiretroviral therapyP Phillips
AIDS Research Program, Division of Infectious Diseases, St Paul s Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 20:122-8. 1999..the impact of combination antiretroviral therapy on the clinical and laboratory features of mycobacterial lymphadenitis, we conducted a retrospective chart review of HIV-related mycobacterial lymphadenitis at St...
- Cutaneous and mediastinal lymphadenitis due to Mycobacterium kansasiiR Kotb
Service de Medecine Interne, , 27 rue Faubourg Saint-Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Infect 42:277-8. 2001..To our knowledge, no case of Mycobacterium kansasii infection or skin infection associated with additional organ involvement in an immunocompetent patient has been reported...
- Needle aspiration for suppurative cervical lymphadenitisFrancis Serour
Department of Pediatric Surgery, E Wolfson Medical Center, P O Box 5, Holon 58100, Israel
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 41:471-4. 2002In a 10-year prospective study, we used needle aspiration as the treatment of suppurative cervical lymphadenitis that required drainage procedure in 35 consecutive children aged 4 months to 13 years (mean 2.2 years)...
- Mycobacterium bohemicum cervical lymphadenitisAstrid Palca
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern Bern, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:982-4. 2002..Histology revealed granulomatous, partly necrotizing lymphadenitis and a large number of acid-fast bacilli subsequently identified by molecular techniques as Mycobacterium ..
- Sebaceous adenitis in the Akita: clinical observations, histopathology and heredityI M Reichler
Department of Reproduction, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Dermatol 12:243-53. 2001..An autosomal recessive inheritance appears to be possible. Apart from a genetic background, immune-mediated factors possibly influence the onset and course of sebaceous adenitis...
- Differentiating PFAPA syndrome from monogenic periodic feversMarco Gattorno
UO Pediatria II, G Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16146, Genova, Italy
Pediatrics 124:e721-8. 2009....
- Skin indurations in response to tuberculin testing in patients with nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitisY Haimi-Cohen
Pediatric Day Care Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Infect Dis 33:1786-8. 2001Mantoux results were examined for 29 children with culture-proven nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitis, and 4 species were isolated: Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare complex (from 14 patients [48%]), Mycobacterium haemophilum (..
- Soft tissue abscess and lymphadenitis due to Mycobacterium avium complex as an expression of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after a second scheme of highly active antiretroviral therapyMarcelo Corti
Division of HIV AIDS, Infectious Diseases F J Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 49:267-70. 2007..a case of a patient with AIDS which, after a first failure of HAART, developed a subcutaneous abscess and supraclavicular lymphadenitis as an expression of IRIS due to Mycobacterium avium complex after starting a second scheme of HAART.
- Cytokine gene expression in sheep following experimental infection with various strains of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis differing in virulenceM Pepin
Laboratoire de Pathologie des Petits Ruminants et des Abeilles, CNEVA Sophia Antipolis, France
Vet Res 28:149-63. 1997Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the causative agent of caseous lymphadenitis in sheep and goats. This disease is characterized by the development of pyogranulomas in the lymph nodes and lung tissue...
- Dermatopathic lymphadenitis imitating a deep neck space infectionIoannis Psarommatis
ENT Department, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Otolaryngol 30:419-22. 2009Dermatopathic lymphadenitis (DL) represents a benign form of reactive lymph node hyperplasia. Symptoms attributed to DL alone are expected to be mild...
- A randomized, controlled trial of tonsillectomy in periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis syndromeM Renko
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oulu, Finland
J Pediatr 151:289-92. 2007..We carried out a prospective, randomized, controlled trial to clarify the effect of tonsillectomy on the clinical course of periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis (PFAPA) syndrome...
- A clinical review of 105 patients with PFAPA (a periodic fever syndrome)H M Feder
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Family Medicine, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06030, USA
Acta Paediatr 99:178-84. 2010..We describe the presentations and clinical outcomes of pediatric patients diagnosed with PFAPA (Periodic Fever, Aphthous lesions, Pharyngitis, and cervical Adenitis)...
- PFAPA syndrome in children evaluated for tonsillectomyE Galanakis
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Arch Dis Child 86:434-5. 2002..All children had been well between episodes and showed a dramatic postoperative improvement. PFAPA syndrome is not uncommon among children having tonsillectomy. Tonsillectomy is curative in most of these patients...
- Neutrophil-rich anaplastic large cell lymphoma (NR-ALCL) mimicking lymphadenitis: a study by fine-needle aspiration biopsyD Tamiolakis
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1309-10. 2004
- Mycobacterial adenitis: role of Mycobacterium bovis, non-tuberculous mycobacteria, HIV infection, and risk factors in Arusha, TanzaniaS G M Mfinanga
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, N 5021 Bergen, Norway
East Afr Med J 81:171-8. 2004..To assess risk factors and mycobacterial agents in mycobacterial adenitis...
- A new agent of mycobacterial lymphadenitis in children: Mycobacterium heidelbergense sp. novW H Haas
Department of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Heidelberg University, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 35:3203-9. 1997Nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitis presents an increasing clinical problem in immunocompetent young children...
- Lymphadenitis due to nontuberculous mycobacteria in children: presentation and response to therapyR Hazra
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 28:123-9. 1999The most common manifestation of infection due to nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) in children is cervical lymphadenitis in an otherwise healthy patient...
- The natural course of nonsuppurative Calmette-Guérin bacillus lymphadenitisAnupam Singla
Department of Pediatrics, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:446-8. 2002..hospital in North India, we studied the outcome of infants with nonsuppurative Calmette-Guérin bacillus (BCG) lymphadenitis managed conservatively...
- Toxoplasmic lymphadenitis--clinical and serologic profileR A Durlach
German Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:625-31. 2003..To study the serologic profile of several types of test for toxoplasmosis, in order to contribute to the interpretation of antibody kinetics...
- [Cat scratch disease--course, diagnosis]Ewa Sala
Oddział Pediatryczny Samodzielny Publiczny Zespół Zakładów Opieki Zdrowotnej w Staszowie
Przegl Epidemiol 60:307-13. 2006..It is caused by Bartonellosis henselae. Animals, especially cats, are the sourse of infections. Lymphadenitis may remain for many weeks and requires differentiation from other causes of regional lymphadenopathy...
- Periodic fever syndromes: a diagnostic challenge for the allergistM Lierl
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center Allergy and Immunology, Cincinnati, OH 41017, USA
Allergy 62:1349-58. 2007..It is important for the Allergy/Immunology specialist to be familiar with the clinical presentation, diagnostic approach and treatment of these conditions...
- Protracted cervical lymphadenitis with Mycobacterium avium and Methylobacterium mesophilicumArne Simon
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:971. 2007
- Lymphadenitis in an 18-month-old traveler to MexicoTafadzwa S Kasambira
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Center for Tuberculosis Research, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:968, 973-4. 2007
- [Periodic fever syndrome in children]Knut Øymar
Kvinne Barneklinikken, Stavanger universitetssjukehus, Postboks 8100, 4068 Stavanger
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:1651-3. 2007..The condition is not uncommon, and awareness of the syndrome is important for avoiding unnecessary investigations and treatment. The article presents an overview of the PFAPA-syndrome...
- Dermatopathic lymphadenitis of the head and neckLeslie K Winter
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:195-7. 2007Dermatopathic lymphadenitis is a histopathologic diagnosis of patients with enlarged lymph nodes classically in the setting of a variety of inflammatory erthrodermas without known malignancy...
- Neck lymph nodes: prediction by computer-assisted contrast medium analysis?Johannes Zenk
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:246-53. 2007..Although contrast medium kinetics provided statistically significant new criteria for identifying malignant lymph nodes, differentiating between malignant and inflammatory changes in lymph nodes remains a diagnostic challenge...
- The impersonatorHartmut Lode
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 120:239-41. 2007
- Antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community-acquired pediatric neck abscessesJoel Guss
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Pennsylvania, 5 Ravdin Building, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:943-8. 2007..the microbiology, particularly the prevalence of MRSA, in pediatric patients with community-acquired bacterial lymphadenitis. Long considered a nosocomial organism, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) has recently ..
- [Diagnosis and management of periodic fever with aphthous pharyngitis and adenitis (PFAPA)]Takuji Murata
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka Medical College
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 30:101-7. 2007..PFAPA is a benign syndrome and the prognosis is better than other autoinflammatory syndromes, because PFAPA patients grow normally and symptoms diminish within a few years...
- Effect of adenotonsillectomy in PFAPA syndromeGreg Licameli
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Disorders, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Ave, LO 367, Boston, MA 02115
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:136-40. 2008..To assess the benefits of adenotonsillectomy in the treatment of pediatric patients with PFAPA (periodic fever, aphthous ulcers, pharyngitis, and adenitis) syndrome...
- Kawasaki disease with lymphadenopathy and fever as sole initial manifestationsMasaru Kubota
Faculty of Human Life and Environment, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
J Paediatr Child Health 44:359-62. 2008..The purpose of the present study is to characterise the features of such KD patients, especially in comparison with those of patients with common onset...
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) lymphadenitis-changing trends and managementZafar Nazir
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:16-8. 2005..Suppurative lymphadenitis is the common complication of BCG vaccination. The optimum treatment for this complication is debated.
- Atypical mycobacterial infection of the head and neck in children: a 5-year retrospective reviewLyndsay Fraser
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:311-4. 2008We review the management of 31 cases of atypical mycobacterial lymphadenitis presenting to a tertiary referral pediatric otolaryngology department between February 2002 and February 2007.
- [Phlegmonous adenitis]Martine Francois
Rev Prat 57:1781-2. 2007
- The PFAPA syndrome in oral medicine: differential diagnosis and treatmentAndres Pinto
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Robert Schattner Center, 240 S 40th Street St 214, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:35-9. 2006..This article presents a review of the published literature on this entity and summarizes current therapeutic options...
- Stop blaming the kangarooSally Walsh
Pediatric Associates of Norwood, 62 Walpole Street, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 20:270-1, 284-6. 2006
- [Periodic fever in children: keep in mind the PFAPA syndrome]M Hofer
Unité d immuno allergologie et rhumatologie pédiatrique, Service de Pediatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:529-32. 2008..The treatment is still controversial. One dose of Prednisone is able to interrupt the flare and tonsillectomy may induce a remission in the majority of the cases...
- Analysis of children with peripheral lymphadenopathyNilgun Yaris
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Pathology, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:544-9. 2006..Sixty percent were reactive lymphadenopathy, 39% were lymphadenitis. Lymphadenitis was more frequently localized and bigger than 3 cm compared with reactive adenopathy (p=.02, p=...
- Genetics of Survival of Yersinia pseudotuberculosisJoan Mecsas; Fiscal Year: 2002..pseudotuberculosis is a gram-negative, enteric bacterial pathogen that causes gastroenteritis, mesenteric lymphadenitis, which can be misdiagnosed as appendicitis leading to unnecessary surgery, and occasionally systemic disease ..
- Genetics of TB: Cytokine Response and IronLeslie Louie; Fiscal Year: 2002..To this end, we will recruit HIV+ and HIV- patients with PTB, HIV+ patients with EPTB (pleural effusion or lymphadenitis), or HIV+ and HIV- controls without TB who are PPD skin-test positive (n=125 per group, total n=750 subjects)...
- MODULATION OF HOST SIGNALING FUNCTIONS BY YERSINIA YOPSJAMES BLISKA; Fiscal Year: 2004..pseudotuberculosis) are responsible for a range of diseases including diarrhea, mesenteric lymphadenitis, and bubonic plague...
- Aberrant DNA Methylation as a Biomarker of HSIL in Liquid-based Pap TestsKAREN GUSTAFSON; Fiscal Year: 2007....