Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the lymph nodes.
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Management of nontuberculous mycobacteria-induced cervical lymphadenitis with observation aloneAvraham Zeharia
Day Hospitalization Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:920-2. 2008Nontuberculous mycobacteria can cause a chronic localized cervicofacial lymphadenitis in immunocompetent children. The recommended treatment is total excision of the affected lymph node...
- Prevalence of and carcass condemnation from maedi-visna, paratuberculosis and caseous lymphadenitis in culled sheep from Quebec, CanadaJulie Arsenault
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, 3200 rue Sicotte, C P 5000, Quebec, J2S 7C6, Saint Hyacinthe, Canada
Prev Vet Med 59:67-81. 2003..infection, the prevalence of paratuberculosis (PTB), and the prevalence and lesions distribution of caseous lymphadenitis (CL) in culled sheep...
- Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis and its role in ovine caseous lymphadenitisG J Baird
Scottish Agricultural College Veterinary Services, 5 Bertha Park View, Perth PH1 3FZ, Scotland, UK
J Comp Pathol 137:179-210. 2007Caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) of sheep, caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis, has been a significant disease in the majority of sheep-rearing regions for over a century...
- Evaluation of the humoral and cellular immune response to different antigens of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis in Canindé goats and their potential protection against caseous lymphadenitisL F Moura-Costa
Departamento de Biointeração Instituto de Ciências da Saúde Universidade Federal da Bahia, Av Reitor Miguel Calmon, S N Vale do Canela, CEP 40140 100, Salvador BA, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 126:131-41. 2008Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the etiologic agent of caseous lymphadenitis, a disease that affects goats and sheep, and can cause severe economic losses...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) in the diagnosis of granulomatous lymphadenitisV Koo
Department of Surgery, Belfast City Hospital Trust, Northern Ireland
Ulster Med J 75:59-64. 2006OBJECTIVE: To determine the final histological and clinical diagnosis of patients with granulomatous lymphadenitis on fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC)...
- Immunological profiles of immune restoration disease presenting as mycobacterial lymphadenitis and cryptococcal meningitisD B A Tan
School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
HIV Med 9:307-16. 2008..A proportion of HIV patients beginning antiretroviral therapy (ART) develop immune restoration disease (IRD). Immunological characteristics of IRD were investigated in a cohort of HIV patients beginning therapy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...
- Cryptococcal lymphadenitis: report of a case with fine needle aspiration cytologyRajendra S Garbyal
Department of Pathology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Baharas Hindu University, Varanasi, India
Acta Cytol 49:58-60. 2005..Cryptococcosis is one of the opportunistic infections in AIDS, and therefore an expeditious diagnosis is of the utmost importance since once a cryptococcal infection disseminates, it becomes life threatening...
- Caseous lymphadenitis in small ruminantsL H Williamson
Department of Large Animal Medicine, University of Georgia, College of Veterinary Medicine, Athens, Georgia, USA
Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 17:359-71, vii. 2001Caseous lymphadenitis is a contagious bacterial disease that affects sheep and goats. It is characterized by abscess formation in the skin, internal and external lymph nodes, and internal organs...
- High seroprevalence of caseous lymphadenitis in Brazilian goat herds revealed by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis secreted proteins-based ELISAN Seyffert
Laboratório de Genética Celular e Molecular, Departamento de Biologia Geral, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, CP 486, CEP 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Res Vet Sci 88:50-5. 2010We conducted a seroepidemiological survey to determine the prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) in goat herds in Minas Gerais state, Brazil...
- Human herpesvirus-6-associated acute lymphadenitis in immunocompetent adultsIrina Maric
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1427-33. 2004In contrast to other causes of herpetic lymphadenitis, the histological features associated with human herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) infection have remained elusive since its discovery in 1986...
- Fine needle aspiration of toxoplasmic lymphadenitis in an intramammary lymph node. A case reportK Shimizu
1st Department of Anatomic and Diagnostic Pathology, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Acta Cytol 45:259-62. 2001Cytologic findings of toxoplasmic lymphadenitis (TL) have been only sporadically reported. Intramammary lymph node is an extremely rare site for TL.
- Postal survey of ovine caseous lymphadenitis in the United Kingdom between 1990 and 1999S H Binns
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry
Vet Rec 150:263-8. 2002..breed societies (A, B and C) were surveyed to investigate the prevalence and characteristics of ovine caseous lymphadenitis in the UK. In total, 264 veterinary surgeons and 510 farmers responded...
- Prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis and usage of caseous lymphadenitis vaccines in sheep flocksM W Paton
Exotic Disease Preparedness and Animal Welfare, Western Australia Department of Agriculture, Locked Bag 4, Bentley Delivery Centre, Western Australia 6983
Aust Vet J 81:91-5. 2003OBJECTIVE: To estimate the prevalence of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA), determine the current usage of vaccines against CLA and to measure the effectiveness of these vaccines on sheep farms...
- Dual infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Pneumocystis jiroveci Lymphadenitis in a Patient with HIV infection: case report and review of the literatureThana Khawcharoenporn
Department of Medicine, Thammasart University Hospital, Pratumthani, Thailand
AIDS Patient Care STDS 20:1-5. 2006We report a case of dual Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB) and Pneumocystis jiroveci (carinii) (PCP) lymphadenitis in a patient with HIV who had been receiving trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (TMP-SMX) as systemic prophylaxis for PCP...
- Cryptococcal lymphadenitis diagnosed by fine needle aspiration cytology: a review of 15 casesRadhika Srinivasan
Department of Cytology and Gynecological Pathology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Acta Cytol 54:1-4. 2010..To review the cases of cryptococcal infection presenting primarily with lymphadenopathy and diagnosed on fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) and to evaluate the various cellular reactions in this infection...
- Cytokine profile in PFAPA syndrome suggests continuous inflammation and reduced anti-inflammatory responseSilvia Stojanov
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Children s Hospital, University of Munich, Germany
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:90-7. 2006....
- PFAPA syndrome: new clinical aspects disclosedD Tasher
Department of Pediatrics, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Arch Dis Child 91:981-4. 2006..Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment can markedly improve the quality of life of both patients and families...
- A novel bacterium associated with lymphadenitis in a patient with chronic granulomatous diseaseDavid E Greenberg
Laboratory of Clinical Infectious Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 2:e28. 2006..This is the first reported case of invasive human disease caused by any of the Acetobacteraceae. Polyphasic taxonomic analysis shows this organism to be a new genus and species for which we propose the name Granulobacter bethesdensis...
- Needle aspiration for suppurative cervical lymphadenitisFrancis Serour
Department of Pediatric Surgery, E. Wolfson Medical Center, P.O. Box 5, Holon 58100, Israel
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 41:471-4. 2002In a 10-year prospective study, we used needle aspiration as the treatment of suppurative cervical lymphadenitis that required drainage procedure in 35 consecutive children aged 4 months to 13 years (mean 2.2 years)...
- Bacille Calmette-Guérin lymphadenitisJafinder S Goraya
Department of Paediatrics, Government Medical College Hospital, Sector 32B, 160 047 Chandigarh, India
Postgrad Med J 78:327-9. 2002Bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) lymphadenitis is the most common complication of BCG vaccination...
- PFAPA syndrome in children evaluated for tonsillectomyE Galanakis
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Arch Dis Child 86:434-5. 2002..All children had been well between episodes and showed a dramatic postoperative improvement. PFAPA syndrome is not uncommon among children having tonsillectomy. Tonsillectomy is curative in most of these patients...
- Acute, subacute, and chronic cervical lymphadenitis in childrenJohn R Gosche
Division of Pediatric Surgery, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi 39216, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 15:99-106. 2006Lymphadenopathy refers to any disease process involving lymph nodes that are abnormal in size and consistency. Lymphadenitis specifically refers to lymphadenopathies that are caused by inflammatory processes...
- Three cases of immune-mediated adnexal skin disease treated with cyclosporinChiara Noli
Ospedale Veterinario Cuneese, Via Cuneo 52 N, 12011 Borgo S Dalmazzo CN, Italy
Vet Dermatol 17:85-92. 2006..The authors report a case of granulomatous folliculitis and furunculosis and of sebaceous adenitis in two cats and a case of alopecia areata in a dog, successfully controlled with cyclosporin...
- Soft tissue abscess and lymphadenitis due to Mycobacterium avium complex as an expression of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome after a second scheme of highly active antiretroviral therapyMarcelo Corti
Division of HIV AIDS, Infectious Diseases F J Muñiz Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 49:267-70. 2007..a case of a patient with AIDS which, after a first failure of HAART, developed a subcutaneous abscess and supraclavicular lymphadenitis as an expression of IRIS due to Mycobacterium avium complex after starting a second scheme of HAART.
- Real-time PCR assay using fine-needle aspirates and tissue biopsy specimens for rapid diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis in childrenE S Bruijnesteijn Van Coppenraet
Department of Medical Microbiology, E4-60, Center of Infectious Diseases, P.O. Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 42:2644-50. 2004A real-time PCR assay was developed to diagnose and identify the causative agents of suspected mycobacterial lymphadenitis. Primers and probes for the real-time PCR were designed on the basis of the internal transcribed spacer sequence, ..
- Breast cancer with associated granulomatous axillary lymphadenitis: a diagnostic and clinical dilemma in regions with high prevalence of tuberculosisMinhas Khurram
Section of Histopathology, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Pathol Res Pract 203:699-704. 2007..PCR-based assays are recommended for the diagnosis of TB in cases where ZN is unhelpful for demonstrating AFB or no tissue is submitted for microbiological studies...
- Experimental Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis primary infection in goats: kinetics of IgG and interferon-gamma production, IgG avidity and antigen recognition by Western blottingB J A Paule
Laboratorio de Imunologia, Instituto de Ciências da Saúde, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Av Reitor Miguel Calmon, S N Vale do Canela, CEP 40140 100, Salvador BA, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 96:129-39. 2003Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the cause of caseous lymphadenitis (CLA) in small ruminants, a chronic granulomatous disease that provokes significant zootechnics losses to ovine and goat breeders in northern Brazil...
- A randomized, controlled trial of tonsillectomy in periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis syndromeM Renko
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oulu, Finland
J Pediatr 151:289-92. 2007..We carried out a prospective, randomized, controlled trial to clarify the effect of tonsillectomy on the clinical course of periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and adenitis (PFAPA) syndrome...
- Effects of cyclosporine A on clinical and histologic abnormalities in dogs with sebaceous adenitisMonika Linek
Veterinary Clinic Linek, Brunnenkoppel 1, 22041 Hamburg, Germany
J Am Vet Med Assoc 226:59-64. 2005..Long-term treatment appears to be neccessary to control the disease...
- Mycobacterium haemophilum and lymphadenitis in childrenLesla E S Bruijnesteijn van Coppenraet
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 11:62-8. 2005..reaction (PCR) technology on fine needle aspirates and biopsied specimens from 89 children with cervicofacial lymphadenitis, we assessed the importance of M. haemophilum...
- Utility of tonsillectomy in 2 patients with the syndrome of periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cervical adenitisSanjay R Parikh
Department of Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital at Montefiore, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:670-3. 2003..CONCLUSION: Although a larger series of patients is required, our initial experience suggests that tonsillectomy is not always beneficial for patients with PFAPA syndrome...
- Vaccination confers significant protection of sheep against infection with a virulent United Kingdom strain of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosisMichael C Fontaine
Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik EH26 0PZ, Scotland, United Kingdom
Vaccine 24:5986-96. 2006..a virulent United Kingdom Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis isolate, an ovine experimental model of caseous lymphadenitis was developed, in which the manifestation of disease was equivalent to the naturally observed infection in ..
- Cervicofacial lymphadenitis in children caused by Mycobacterium haemophilumJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Center for Dentistry, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 41:1569-75. 2005Nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) lymphadenitis in children is most often caused by Mycobacterium avium. In a prospective, multicenter trial of the optimal treatment, 23...
- Detection of opportunistic infections by low-density microarrays: a diagnostic approach for granulomatous lymphadenitisMargarete Odenthal
Institute for Pathology, University Clinic of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Diagn Mol Pathol 16:18-26. 2007..microarray for simultaneous detection of diverse putative pathogens causing a disease such as granulomatous lymphadenitis. Nucleic acids from formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues of 68 patients with lymphadenitis were used for ..
- Atypical mycobacterial disease in children: a personal seriesI Mushtaq
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High Street, London, SE13 6LH
Pediatr Surg Int 18:707-11. 2002..Most children (n = 56) presented with chronic lymphadenitis or abscess formation (n = 55). The duration of illness varied from 4 days to 18 months...
- Sebaceous adenitis in the Akita: clinical observations, histopathology and heredityI M Reichler
Department of Reproduction, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Dermatol 12:243-53. 2001..An autosomal recessive inheritance appears to be possible. Apart from a genetic background, immune-mediated factors possibly influence the onset and course of sebaceous adenitis...
- Tuberculin skin testing is useful in the screening for nontuberculous mycobacterial cervicofacial lymphadenitis in childrenJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 43:1547-51. 2006..We evaluated the diagnostic usefulness of tuberculin skin testing in the screening for nontuberculous mycobacterial (NTM) infection in children...
- Disseminated Mycobacterium abscessus infection manifesting as fever of unknown origin and intra-abdominal lymphadenitis: case report and literature reviewP S Mueller
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 39:33-7. 2001..abscessus infection manifesting as fever of unknown origin and intra-abdominal lymphadenitis, but without rash. Our patient responded well to amikacin and clarithromycin therapy...
- Effectiveness of adenotonsillectomy in PFAPA syndrome: a randomized studyWerner Garavello
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Ospedale San Gerardo, University of Milano Bicocca, DNTB Monza, Italy
J Pediatr 155:250-3. 2009..To evaluate whether adenotonsillectomy leads to complete resolution in children with PFAPA (periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cervical adenitis) syndrome...
- Immunohistochemistry using a Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex specific antibody for improved diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitisTehmina Mustafa
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Mod Pathol 19:1606-14. 2006The clinical and histological criteria used to diagnose lymphadenitis caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex organisms have poor specificity. Acid-fast staining and culture has low sensitivity and specificity...
- A case of facial cellulitis and necrotizing lymphadenitis due to cowpox virus infectionRoland Pahlitzsch
Department of Otolaryngology, Blekinge County Hospital, Karlskrona, Sweden
Clin Infect Dis 43:737-42. 2006..cellulitis of the face, the clinical course was dominated by several areas of subcutaneous, necrotizing lymphadenitis, from one of which a huge abscess formed that had to be incised...
- Detection of Bartonella henselae DNA in two dogs with pyogranulomatous lymphadenitisSofia C Morales
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 230:681-5. 2007..1 dog evaluated because of inappetence and lameness of the left hind limb of 1 day's duration and 1 dog evaluated because of inappetence, fever, and lymphadenopathy of 2 weeks' duration...
- Herpes simplex and Epstein-Barr virus lymphadenitis in a patient with chronic lymphocytic leukemia treated with fludarabineSantiago Mercadal
Department of Hematology, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Haematol 77:442-4. 2006..We describe a patient with a CLL who developed an herpes virus lymphadenitis. Inmunohistochemical study was positive for HSV-1, HSV-2, and Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV)...
- Potential use of procalcitonin concentrations as a diagnostic marker of the PFAPA syndromeTakao Yoshihara
Department of Pediatrics, Matsushita Memorial Hospital, 5-55, Sotojima-cho, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Pediatr 166:621-2. 2007
- Mycobacterium bohemicum cervical lymphadenitisAstrid Palca
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern Bern, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:982-4. 2002..Histology revealed granulomatous, partly necrotizing lymphadenitis and a large number of acid-fast bacilli subsequently identified by molecular techniques as Mycobacterium ..
- Mycobacterial lymphadenitis associated with the initiation of combination antiretroviral therapyP Phillips
AIDS Research Program, Division of Infectious Diseases, St Paul s Hospital and the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retrovirol 20:122-8. 1999..the impact of combination antiretroviral therapy on the clinical and laboratory features of mycobacterial lymphadenitis, we conducted a retrospective chart review of HIV-related mycobacterial lymphadenitis at St...
- Cutaneous and mediastinal lymphadenitis due to Mycobacterium kansasiiR Kotb
Service de Medecine Interne, , 27 rue Faubourg Saint-Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Infect 42:277-8. 2001..To our knowledge, no case of Mycobacterium kansasii infection or skin infection associated with additional organ involvement in an immunocompetent patient has been reported...
- Differentiating PFAPA syndrome from monogenic periodic feversMarco Gattorno
UO Pediatria II, G Gaslini Institute, Largo G Gaslini 5, 16146, Genova, Italy
Pediatrics 124:e721-8. 2009....
- A clinical review of 105 patients with PFAPA (a periodic fever syndrome)H M Feder
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Department of Family Medicine, Connecticut Children s Medical Center, Hartford, CT 06030, USA
Acta Paediatr 99:178-84. 2010..We describe the presentations and clinical outcomes of pediatric patients diagnosed with PFAPA (Periodic Fever, Aphthous lesions, Pharyngitis, and cervical Adenitis)...
- Skin indurations in response to tuberculin testing in patients with nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitisY Haimi-Cohen
Pediatric Day Care Unit, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Clin Infect Dis 33:1786-8. 2001Mantoux results were examined for 29 children with culture-proven nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitis, and 4 species were isolated: Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare complex (from 14 patients [48%]), Mycobacterium haemophilum (..
- Cytokine gene expression in sheep following experimental infection with various strains of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis differing in virulenceM Pepin
Laboratoire de Pathologie des Petits Ruminants et des Abeilles, CNEVA Sophia Antipolis, France
Vet Res 28:149-63. 1997Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis is the causative agent of caseous lymphadenitis in sheep and goats. This disease is characterized by the development of pyogranulomas in the lymph nodes and lung tissue...
- Sebaceous adenitis in a 7-year-old Arabian geldingChristina Osborne
Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, 52 Campus Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 5B4
Can Vet J 47:583-6. 2006..Sebaceous adenitis was diagnosed on histopathologic examination. Lesions resolved without treatment, coinciding with regression of a sarcoid on the neck...
- Dermatopathic lymphadenitis imitating a deep neck space infectionIoannis Psarommatis
ENT Department, P and A Kyriakou Children s Hospital of Athens, Athens, Greece
Am J Otolaryngol 30:419-22. 2009Dermatopathic lymphadenitis (DL) represents a benign form of reactive lymph node hyperplasia. Symptoms attributed to DL alone are expected to be mild...
- Neutrophil-rich anaplastic large cell lymphoma (NR-ALCL) mimicking lymphadenitis: a study by fine-needle aspiration biopsyD Tamiolakis
Leuk Lymphoma 45:1309-10. 2004
- Characterization of United Kingdom isolates of Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis using pulsed-field gel electrophoresisK M Connor
Moredun Research Institute, International Research Centre, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 OPZ, Scotland
J Clin Microbiol 38:2633-7. 2000Caseous lymphadenitis is a chronic suppurative disease caused by Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis and is responsible for serious economic losses to the sheep and goat industry...
- Mycobacterial adenitis: role of Mycobacterium bovis, non-tuberculous mycobacteria, HIV infection, and risk factors in Arusha, TanzaniaS G M Mfinanga
Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, N-5021 Bergen, Norway
East Afr Med J 81:171-8. 2004..tuberculosis (50% and 40% of the cases, respectively). HIV infection and raw animal products are among the risk factors identified for M. bovis and non-tuberculous mycobacterial adenitis...
- A new agent of mycobacterial lymphadenitis in children: Mycobacterium heidelbergense sp. novW H Haas
Department of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Heidelberg University, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 35:3203-9. 1997Nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitis presents an increasing clinical problem in immunocompetent young children...
- Toxoplasmic lymphadenitis--clinical and serologic profileR A Durlach
German Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:625-31. 2003..To study the serologic profile of several types of test for toxoplasmosis, in order to contribute to the interpretation of antibody kinetics...
- Lymphadenitis in children is caused by Mycobacterium avium hominissuis and not related to 'bird tuberculosis'L E S Bruijnesteijn van Coppenraet
Department of Medical Microbiology, Center of Infectious Diseases, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 27:293-9. 2008..non-Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex (nontuberculous mycobacteria) isolates worldwide and frequently causes lymphadenitis in children...
- The natural course of nonsuppurative Calmette-GuÃ©rin bacillus lymphadenitisAnupam Singla
Department of Pediatrics, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:446-8. 2002..in North India, we studied the outcome of infants with nonsuppurative Calmette-GuÃ©rin bacillus (BCG) lymphadenitis managed conservatively...
- Light-chain-restricted germinal centres in reactive lymphadenitis: report of eight casesS H Nam-Cha
Lymphoma Group, Molecular Pathology Programme, Spanish National Cancer Centre CNIO, Madrid, Spain
Histopathology 52:436-44. 2008..The aim was to present a series of cases with persistent lymph node enlargement that featured some germinal centres showing light chain immunoglobulin restriction...
- Lymphadenitis due to nontuberculous mycobacteria in children: presentation and response to therapyR Hazra
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Clin Infect Dis 28:123-9. 1999The most common manifestation of infection due to nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) in children is cervical lymphadenitis in an otherwise healthy patient...
- Analysis of children with peripheral lymphadenopathyNilgun Yaris
Department of Pediatric Oncology and Pathology, Karadeniz Technical University Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:544-9. 2006..Sixty percent were reactive lymphadenopathy, 39% were lymphadenitis. Lymphadenitis was more frequently localized and bigger than 3 cm compared with reactive adenopathy (p=.02, p=...
- Neck lymph nodes: prediction by computer-assisted contrast medium analysis?Johannes Zenk
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:246-53. 2007..Although contrast medium kinetics provided statistically significant new criteria for identifying malignant lymph nodes, differentiating between malignant and inflammatory changes in lymph nodes remains a diagnostic challenge...
- [Solitary nontuberculous mycobacterial infection of a cervical lymph node caused by Bartonella henselae (cat scratch disease)]M Erbe
Gemeinschaftspraxis für Mund, Kiefer, Gesichtschirurgie, Plastische Operationen, Aachen
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 8:381-6. 2004..on a patient with a solitary swelling of the neck which remained over months with initial features suggestive of unspecific lymphadenitis, but who, after careful history taking and further serological testing, had cat scratch disease.
- The PFAPA syndrome in oral medicine: differential diagnosis and treatmentAndres Pinto
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Robert Schattner Center, 240 S 40th Street St 214, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 102:35-9. 2006..This article presents a review of the published literature on this entity and summarizes current therapeutic options...
- The impersonatorHartmut Lode
, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 120:239-41. 2007
- Stop blaming the kangarooSally Walsh
Pediatric Associates of Norwood, 62 Walpole Street, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 20:270-1, 284-6. 2006
- [Melioidosis-like disease: infection with Burkholderia cocovenenans as rare differential diagnosis for Lymphadenitis colli]J Sudendey
HNO Klinik, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin
Laryngorhinootologie 86:287-90. 2007..Neoplasms, autimmune disorders and infectious diseases as differential diagnoses of cervical lymphadenopathies also require the consideration of rare causes...
- [Diagnosis and management of periodic fever with aphthous pharyngitis and adenitis (PFAPA)]Takuji Murata
Department of Pediatrics, Osaka Medical College
Nihon Rinsho Meneki Gakkai Kaishi 30:101-7. 2007..PFAPA is a benign syndrome and the prognosis is better than other autoinflammatory syndromes, because PFAPA patients grow normally and symptoms diminish within a few years...
- [Cat-scratch disease as cause of Lymphadenitis colli]N Wellinghausen
Abteilung für Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene des Universitätsklinikums Ulm
Laryngorhinootologie 84:929-36; quiz 937-41. 2005Cat-scratch Disease as Cause of Lymphadenitis colli. Cat-scratch disease is a frequent cause of lymphadenitis colli. It mainly affects children and adolescents younger than 21 years...
- The sonographic characteristics of nontuberculous mycobacterial cervicofacial lymphadenitis in childrenJerome A Lindeboom
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pediatr Radiol 36:1063-7. 2006Nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) are a common cause of chronic cervicofacial lymphadenitis in young children. The differential diagnosis includes other infections, lymphoepithelial cysts and malignancies.
- Is ultrasound useful for evaluating paediatric inflammatory neck masses?S A Douglas
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Derbyshire Royal Infirmary, Derby, UK
Clin Otolaryngol 30:526-9. 2005..To determine the accuracy of ultrasound in detecting the presence of pus in a neck mass in children...
- Atypical mycobacterial cervical lymphadenitis with extensive local spread: a surgical diseaseM Hogan
Discipline of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, The Health Sciences Center, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, NF A1B 3V6, Canada
Pediatr Surg Int 21:758-60. 2005Atypical (nontuberculous) mycobacterium is an uncommon cause of cervical lymphadenitis in immunocompetent children. Rarely, this disease progresses to locoregional destruction of the deep structures of the neck including salivary glands...
- [Toxoplasmosis in patients with lymphoid hyperplasia of the head and neck]Murat Yariktas
Department of Otolaryngology, Medicine Faculty of Süleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Kulak Burun Bogaz Ihtis Derg 13:132-4. 2004..To investigate the incidence of toxoplasmosis in patients with lymphoid hyperplasia of the head and neck...
- [Procedure in case of suspected mycobacterial infection of lymph nodes of the neck]B Göpel
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Universitätsklinikum Mannheim Direktor Prof Dr med K Hörmann
Laryngorhinootologie 84:520-30; quiz 531-4. 2005Procedure in Case of Suspected Mycobacterial Infection of Lymph Nodes of the Neck. Cervical lymphadenitis of unknown origin is frequently observed in ENT...
- [Periodic fever syndrome in children]Knut Øymar
Kvinne Barneklinikken, Stavanger universitetssjukehus, Postboks 8100, 4068 Stavanger
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:1651-3. 2007..The condition is not uncommon, and awareness of the syndrome is important for avoiding unnecessary investigations and treatment. The article presents an overview of the PFAPA-syndrome...
- [Cat scratch disease--course, diagnosis]Ewa Sala
Oddział Pediatryczny Samodzielny Publiczny Zespół Zakładów Opieki Zdrowotnej w Staszowie
Przegl Epidemiol 60:307-13. 2006..It is caused by Bartonellosis henselae. Animals, especially cats, are the sourse of infections. Lymphadenitis may remain for many weeks and requires differentiation from other causes of regional lymphadenopathy...
- Antibiotic-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in community-acquired pediatric neck abscessesJoel Guss
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Pennsylvania, 5 Ravdin Building, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, United States
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 71:943-8. 2007..the microbiology, particularly the prevalence of MRSA, in pediatric patients with community-acquired bacterial lymphadenitis. Long considered a nosocomial organism, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) has recently ..
- Is there a role for the otolaryngologist in PFAPA syndrome? A systematic reviewS C L Leong
Department of Otolaryngology, Derby Royal Infirmary, Derby, UK
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1841-5. 2006..To define the role of medical or surgical treatment in patients with periodic fever, aphthous stomatitis, pharyngitis, and cervical adenitis (PFAPA syndrome)...
- Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) lymphadenitis-changing trends and managementZafar Nazir
Section of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 17:16-8. 2005..Suppurative lymphadenitis is the common complication of BCG vaccination. The optimum treatment for this complication is debated.
- Dermatopathic lymphadenitis of the head and neckLeslie K Winter
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:195-7. 2007Dermatopathic lymphadenitis is a histopathologic diagnosis of patients with enlarged lymph nodes classically in the setting of a variety of inflammatory erthrodermas without known malignancy...
- Acute neck infections in childrenA Bulent Cengiz
Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Pediatrics, Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 46:153-8. 2004A retrospective review was conducted on 132 patients aged between two and 15 years with cervical lymphadenitis and/or with abscess formation to determine the epidemiologic and clinical presentation of these infections...
- Cervical lymphadenitis and cat scratch disease (CSD): an overlooked disease?P Rombaux
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Saint Luc University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg 54:491-6. 2000..The authors emphasize the increasing incidence of patients with CSD in the ENT population and the algorithm for CSD disease affecting the cervical lymph nodes...
- [Lymphadenitis colli due to non-tuberculous mycobacteria (NTM): a case-series and review of the literature]M Knuf
Pädiatrische Immunologie und Infektiologie, Kinderklinik der Johannes Gutenberg Universität Mainz
Klin Padiatr 215:9-15. 2003b>Lymphadenitis colli due to NTM should always be considered in children with cervical Lymphadenitis...
- Usefulness of Doppler waveform analysis in differential diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyZoran Brnic
Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital Merkur, Kopernikova 10, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Eur Radiol 13:175-80. 2003..80 and PI>1.80. A positive predictive value (PPV) of 100% for acute lymphadenitis was shown for cutoff values RI<0.50 and PI<0.60...
- Nontuberculous mycobacterial cervical adenitis: a ten-year retrospective reviewJaswinder Panesar
Department of Otolaryngology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Laryngoscope 113:149-54. 2003..METHODS: The case histories of 79 children with nontuberculous mycobacterial lymphadenitis who presented to a large tertiary care referral center from 1989 to 1999 were retrospectively analyzed, and ..
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of cervical lymph nodes in Kawasaki diseaseNorimichi Tashiro
Department of Pediatrics, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
Pediatrics 109:E77-7. 2002..this study was to compare the ultrasonographic feature of cervical lymph nodes in patients with KD, bacterial lymphadenitis, and infectious mononucleosis...
- Diagnosis, management and surgical treatment of non-tuberculous mycobacterial head and neck infection in childrenVasilis Danielides
Head and Neck Surgery Department, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec 64:284-9. 2002..We have reviewed the cases of 14 Caucasian children with NTM head and neck lymphadenitis who were treated in our clinic in the last 5 years. Three of the patients were male and 11 were female...
- [Periodic fever in children: keep in mind the PFAPA syndrome]M Hofer
Unité d immuno allergologie et rhumatologie pédiatrique, Service de Pediatrie, CHUV, Lausanne
Rev Med Suisse 4:529-32. 2008..The treatment is still controversial. One dose of Prednisone is able to interrupt the flare and tonsillectomy may induce a remission in the majority of the cases...
- A diagnosis of exclusionIris O Yung
Department of Medicine, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
J Hosp Med 3:162-6. 2008
- Tuberculous and nontuberculous cervical lymphadenitis: a clinical reviewSiew Shuen Chao
Department of Otolaryngology, National University Hospital, Singapore
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 126:176-9. 2002..study was to identify differences in clinical characteristics between patients with tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis and those with nontuberculous cervical lymphadenitis and to determine the diagnostic accuracy of fine needle ..
- Nontuberculous mycobacterial adenitis of the head and neck in children: experience from a tertiary care pediatric centerA Rahal
Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Sainte-Justine Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Laryngoscope 111:1791-6. 2001..NTM skin tests are safe and could be useful in early diagnosis of the infection but further investigation is needed...
- Accuracy and usefulness of radiographic assessment of cervical neck infections in childrenL M Elden
Department of Surgery, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, Ontario
J Otolaryngol 30:82-9. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Although CT is helpful both in determining the presence and location of neck infections in children, the CT scan is less helpful in differentiating abscess from lymphadenitis, cellulitis, and some complex cervical masses.
- Staphylococcal submandibular lymphadentitis of childhoodP G Hardee
London NHS Trust, London, UK
J Ir Dent Assoc 47:83-5. 2001..Recommendations are made for appropriate antibiotic therapy to cover Staphylococci as well as the more common Streptococci...
- An unusual presentation of cat-scratch diseaseJ McEwan
Department of Otolaryngology, Rotherham District General Hospital, South Yorkshire, UK
J Laryngol Otol 115:826-8. 2001..This previously unreported apparent mode of presentation is discussed with reference to the current understanding of the disease...
- Treatment outcomes for nontuberculous mycobacterial cervicofacial lymphadenitis in children based on the type of surgical interventionJulie L Wei
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 138:566-71. 2008To report treatment outcomes of nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) cervicofacial lymphadenitis.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound in diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyS B Dangore
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, DMIMS, Sawangi M, Wardha, Maharashtra 442004, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 37:205-12. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound (CDUS) to differentiate between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes...
- Subclassification of localized Leishmania lymphadenitis in fine needle aspiration smearsP V Kumar
Department of Pathology, Shiraz Medical School, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Acta Cytol 45:547-54. 2001OBJECTIVE: To describe the cytologic findings of localized Leishmania lymphadenitis and discuss the differential diagnosis. STUDY DESIGN: The study group consisted of 133 cases...
- Kawasaki disease with lymphadenopathy and fever as sole initial manifestationsMasaru Kubota
Faculty of Human Life and Environment, Nara Women s University, Nara, Japan
J Paediatr Child Health 44:359-62. 2008..The purpose of the present study is to characterise the features of such KD patients, especially in comparison with those of patients with common onset...
- Kawasaki disease presenting as cervical lymphadenitis or deep neck infectionH T Kao
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Chang-Gung Children's Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 124:468-70. 2001..to Chang-Gung Children's Hospital between May 1996 and July 1998 with the initial impression of cervical lymphadenitis, cellulitis, and/or deep neck infection but for which a diagnosis of Kawasaki disease was established later...
- Genetics of Survival of Yersinia pseudotuberculosisJoan Mecsas; Fiscal Year: 2002..pseudotuberculosis is a gram-negative, enteric bacterial pathogen that causes gastroenteritis, mesenteric lymphadenitis, which can be misdiagnosed as appendicitis leading to unnecessary surgery, and occasionally systemic disease ..
- Genetics of TB: Cytokine Response and IronLeslie Louie; Fiscal Year: 2002..To this end, we will recruit HIV+ and HIV- patients with PTB, HIV+ patients with EPTB (pleural effusion or lymphadenitis), or HIV+ and HIV- controls without TB who are PPD skin-test positive (n=125 per group, total n=750 subjects)...
- MODULATION OF HOST SIGNALING FUNCTIONS BY YERSINIA YOPSJAMES BLISKA; Fiscal Year: 2004..pseudotuberculosis) are responsible for a range of diseases including diarrhea, mesenteric lymphadenitis, and bubonic plague...
- Aberrant DNA Methylation as a Biomarker of HSIL in Liquid-based Pap TestsKAREN GUSTAFSON; Fiscal Year: 2007....