Genomes and Genes
lymph node tuberculosis
Summary: Infection of the lymph nodes by tuberculosis. Tuberculous infection of the cervical lymph nodes is scrofula.
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- [Diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis based on the fine needle aspiration samples analysis]Adam Fangrat
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii, AM w Warszawie
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 74:126-8. 2006..The time between the onset of symptoms, clinical presentation and final diagnosis is often too long. We present a case of 60 years old man with tuberculous lymphadenitis, initially suspected of lymphoproliferative disease...
- [An adult case of cervico-mediastinal lymph nodes tuberculosis followed by the development of pulmonary lesions during the treatment with antituberculous drugs]Masayoshi Minakuchi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tenri Hospital, 200 Mishima cho, Tenri shi, Nara 632 8552, Japan
Kekkaku 80:19-23. 2005..After one year of antituberculous chemotherapy, the swelling of the cervical-mediastinal lymph nodes was reduced and the abnormal chest X-ray shadows disappeared...
- Erythema nodosum associated with reactivation tuberculous lymphadenitis (scrofula)Samir N Gupta
Department of Dermatology, Weilman Laboratories, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, BAR 413, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Dermatol 41:173-5. 2002..Her lower limb skins lesions rapidly resolved over the subsequent month and her neck mass also diminished in size. She completed 6 months of antituberculous therapy with complete resolution of her lymphadenopathy...
- [A 27-year-old patient with recurrent Fever]Gerald Ulrich Denk
Medizinische Klinik II der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München Grosshadern, München Grosshadern
Med Klin (Munich) 98:641-5. 2003..In times of progressing international migration, the early detection of tuberculosis is also becoming important in Germany. The diagnosis, however, is often impaired by unspecific symptomatology and ambiguous imaging results...
- Pathology quiz case 1. Diagnosis: Mycobacterium tuberculosis cervical lymphadenitis (scrofula) with left parotid glandBrian J Baumgartner
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:990; diag 992-3. 2004
- Paradoxical responses in non-HIV-infected patients with peripheral lymph node tuberculosisOh Hyun Cho
Department of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Infect 59:56-61. 2009We evaluated the clinical characteristics and risk factors for the paradoxical response (PR) in non-HIV-infected patients with peripheral lymph node tuberculosis (TB).
- The management of pulmonary and lymph node tuberculosis notified in England and Wales in 1998L P Ormerod
Chest Clinic, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Lancs
Clin Med 3:57-61. 2003The management of 1,337 cases of pulmonary tuberculosis and 422 cases of lymph node tuberculosis reported to the 1998 national notification survey was compared with the recommended standards of treatment...
- Clinical evaluation of a 16S ribosomal RNA polymerase chain reaction test for the diagnosis of lymph node tuberculosisFernando Osores
Institute of Tropical Medicine Alexander von Humboldt, Lima, Peru
Clin Infect Dis 43:855-9. 2006Reports on the sensitivity of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) for the diagnosis of lymph node tuberculosis (TB) show divergent results...
- CA-125: a marker for diagnosis and follow-up of pleuroperitoneal and lymph node tuberculosisAbdul Majid Wani
Ann Saudi Med 28:142-3. 2008
- Assessment of lymph node tuberculosis in northern Germany: a clinical reviewHenning Geldmacher
Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Chest 121:1177-82. 2002To evaluate patient profiles, diagnostic approaches, and treatment strategies in patients with lymph node tuberculosis.
- Systemic steroid treatment of paradoxical upgrading reaction in patients with lymph node tuberculosisCarolina Garcia Vidal
Clin Infect Dis 41:915-6; author reply 916-7. 2005
- Subungual erythema in lymph node tuberculosis with erythema nodosumA K Janmeja
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis, Government Medical College, Chandigarh, India 160030
J Assoc Physicians India 53:903-5. 2005..Relevant literature and the possible explanation for the subungual erythema have been discussed...
- Clinical spectrum of paradoxical deterioration during antituberculosis therapy in non-HIV-infected patientsV C C Cheng
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center of Infection, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, University Pathology Building, Queen Mary Hospital, Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:803-9. 2002..7%) and administration of steroids (39.3%). The use of steroids appeared to be safe in this series, as 95% of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates were susceptible to first-line antituberculosis therapy...
- Characterization and management of paradoxical upgrading reactions in HIV-uninfected patients with lymph node tuberculosisCharlotte R Hawkey
Department of Infection and Tropical Medicine, North West London Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 40:1368-71. 2005In a retrospective analysis, paradoxical deterioration of lymph node tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus-uninfected patients was common, occurring in 25 (23%) of 109 patients after treatment had been given for a median of 46 ..
- Tuberculous mesenteric lymphadenitis presenting as pyloric stenosisO U Fernandez
Department of Medicine, Philippine General Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Dig Dis Sci 40:1909-12. 1995..Pyloric stenosis due to tuberculosis is rare, but it should be considered in patients who come from areas where the disease is endemic. Medical management for such cases may suffice...
- Peripheral tuberculous lymphadenitis: epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and outcomeAndrea Polesky
Department of Internal Medicine, Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System, San Jose, CA 95126, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:350-62. 2005..Paradoxical expansion of adenopathy was seen in 20% of all patients and was more commonly noted in human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive patients. We present a diagnostic algorithm based on our experience...
- [Inflammatory-like cervical tumefaction]C Baeteman
Service de Stomatologie et Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale, CHU La Timone, Marseille
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 106:185-8. 2005
- Breast cancer with associated granulomatous axillary lymphadenitis: a diagnostic and clinical dilemma in regions with high prevalence of tuberculosisMinhas Khurram
Section of Histopathology, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Pathol Res Pract 203:699-704. 2007..PCR-based assays are recommended for the diagnosis of TB in cases where ZN is unhelpful for demonstrating AFB or no tissue is submitted for microbiological studies...
- Abnormal FDG PET imaging in tuberculosis appearing like lymphomaYen Kung Chen
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Center, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Nucl Med 29:124. 2004
- Tumor of the conus medullaris treated with antituberculous therapyThomas S Skoglund
Department of Neurosurgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Bla straket 7, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:192-4. 2007..Intramedullary tuberculomas are rare but important differential diagnosis in patients with spinal cord mass lesions. The role of medical and surgical treatment of intramedullary tuberculomas is discussed...
- The impersonatorHartmut Lode
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 120:239-41. 2007
- [Case #4: thoracic pathology: primary tuberculosis with mediastinal lymphatic involvement developing during treatment]A Scherrer
Imagerie Medicale, CMC Foch, Suresnes
J Radiol 86:700-3. 2005
- [Surgical treatment of mycobacteriosis]Keiji Iuchi
Kekkaku 82:849-61. 2007..Although mycobacterial mediastinal lymphoadenitis, or osteoarthritis are rare tuberculosis-related disease in Japan, we should keep in mind such rare diseases in ordinary practice...
- Chest computerized tomography scan findings in 74 children with tuberculous meningitis in southeastern TurkeyAhmet Yaramiş
Department of Pediatrics, Dicle University Faculty of Medicine, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:365-9. 2007..Chest computerized tomography scan helps establish the diagnosis of TBM when chest radiography is normal or inconclusive, and it is useful in assessing children with suspected TBM...
- [Cervical and mediastinic mass in a 72-year old woman]E Canalejo Castrillero
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Fuenlabrada, Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 208:105-7. 2008
- [A case of esophageal tuberculosis which developed during the treatment for tuberculous lymphadenitis]Tomohiro Hashimoto
Department of Respiratory Medicine, National Hospital Organization Chiba East National Hospital, 673 Nitona cho, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 260 8712 Japan
Kekkaku 80:535-9. 2005..Although esophageal tuberculosis is rare, the disease might develop during or after mediastinal or periesophageal tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- [Variability and diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis]Ausra Kaminskaite
Clinic of Pulmonology and Allergology, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University, Santariskiu 14, 2021 Vilnius, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:1207-11. 2002..Liver biopsy and positive sputum cultures for mycobacterias mostly confirmed tuberculosis diagnosis in miliary tuberculosis cases. From all tuberculous pleurisy cases in 65% the diagnosis was confirmed by bacteriology and/or histology...
- Non-pulmonary tuberculosisE D Carrol
Department of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle NE4 6BE, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 2:113-9. 2001..The advent of DNA amplification techniques such as the polymerase chain reaction may herald a promising new era in the prompt and accurate management of extrapulmonary tuberculosis...
- Evaluation of the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound in diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyS B Dangore
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, DMIMS, Sawangi M, Wardha, Maharashtra 442004, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 37:205-12. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound (CDUS) to differentiate between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes...
- Abdominal computed tomographic findings of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium intracellulare infection in HIV seropositive patientsDow Mu M Koh
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:45-50. 2003..To compare the computed tomographic (CT) findings of abdominal Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) infection and Mycobacterium avium intracellulare (MAI) infection in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Haematogenous dissemination of tuberculous lymphadenitisG S Sharafeldin
National Health Laboratory, Federal Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan
East Afr Med J 84:3-7. 2007..To determine whether Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection spreads through the blood to different lymph-node groups in patients with tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- Walled-off esophageal perforation as a first manifestation of pulmonary tuberculosisElke Roeb
Department of Medicine, Medical Clinic III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen University RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 60:1026-8. 2004
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology in tuberculous lymphadenitis of patients with and without HIV infectionSujata Nayak
Department of Pathology, BJ Medical College and Sassoon General Hospitals Pune, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 31:204-6. 2004..The need for culture or biopsy for definitive diagnosis was higher in group 2. In suspected TBL, diagnostic efficacy can be improved and the need for surgical biopsy reduced if material collected on FNA is also used for culture...
- Doctoral thesis: Diagnostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in extra-pulmonary tuberculosisA I De Backer
JBR-BTR 89:283-4. 2006
- Tuberculous mastitisUzma Jalali
Department of Surgery, Ward 3, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:234-7. 2005..To find out the different clinical presentations of breast tuberculosis and its treatment outcome...
- An unusual presentation of tuberculous lymphadenitisSanjay Kumar Bandyopadhyay
Department of Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata 700020
J Indian Med Assoc 102:521-2. 2004..Anti-tuberculous therapy was started but the patient died due to subarachnoid haemorrhage...
- Menstrual disorders in nongenital tuberculosisMasoumeh Fallahian
Infertility and Reproductive Health Research Centre, Taleghani Hospital, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2006:18452. 2006..001), but excessive or prolong vaginal bleeding was not observed. Menstrual disorders occur even in nongenital tuberculosis, but it is manifested with cessation or decrease in menstrual bleeding flow and period...
- Tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis: an unusual caseKalliopi Kokosali
Oral and Maxillofacial SHO, Manchester Dental Hospital, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6SH, UK
Dent Update 33:306-8, 311. 2006..We discuss the significance of caseating granulomatous inflammation in cervical lymphadenitis and provide a brief overview of tuberculosis and a comparison with NTM...
- Diagnostic dilemma of abdominal tuberculosis in non-HIV patients: an ongoing challenge for physiciansRustam Khan
Department of Medicine, Aga Khan University Hospital, National Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
World J Gastroenterol 12:6371-5. 2006..To assess the clinical features, yield of the diagnostic tests and outcome of abdominal tuberculosis in non-HIV patients...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 8-2004. A 28-year-old man with abdominal pain, fever, and a mass in the region of the pancreasWilliam R Brugge
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1131-8. 2004
- [A case of pulmonary tuberculosis complicated with tuberculosis of bilateral cervical lymph nodes and exacerbated pericostal abscess]Noritaka Yamada
Department of Respiratory Diseases, National Higashi Nagoya Hospital, 5 101, Umemorizaka, Meito ku, Nagoya shi, Aichi 465 8620, Japan
Kekkaku 79:11-5. 2004..We assumed that both masses were due to paradoxical response to the antituberculosis chemotherapy...
- Spectrum of cytomorphology of tuberculous lymphadenitis and changes during anti-tubercular treatmentM Sharma
Department of Pathology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Cytopathology 18:180-3. 2007..To analyse the morphological changes in tuberculous lymph nodes and the clinical response during short course anti tubercular chemotherapy...
- Tuberculosis presenting as epitrochlear lymphadenitisNancy F Crum
Naval Medical Center San Diego, Infectious Diseases Division, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 35:888-90. 2003..Epitrochlear lymphadenitis is an uncommon presentation of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in an immunocompetent host. This case report describes the third case in the literature and provides a review of the literature...
- Role of ultrasonography and computed tomography in complicated cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisK B Gupta
Department of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases, Pt B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana
Indian J Tuberc 54:71-8. 2007..To evaluate complicated cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis by ultrasonography and computed tomography in order to detect more lymph nodes, and to study their lesions...
- Primary multi-drug resistant tuberculosis presented as lymphadenitis in a patient without HIV infectionS M Mirsaeidi
National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 61:244-7. 2004..By increasing the number of drug resistant tuberculosis patients around the world, appropriate diagnosis and treatment of different presentations of the disease need a special attention...
- Frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisDharma Kanta Baskota
Department of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine, Teaching Hospital, Post Box No 3578, Kathmandu Nepal
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:157-9. 2005..To investigate the frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis (TCL)...
- Diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis: combining cytomorphology, microbiology and molecular techniques - a study from Sri LankaLakmini K B Mudduwa
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ruhuna, Galle, Sri Lanka
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:195-7. 2008..Fine needle aspiration is a simple technique to obtain material for early diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- Pulmonary malakoplakia coexistent with tuberculosis of the hilar lymph node mimicking malignancyLeou Chuan Pang
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Respiration 72:95-100. 2005..The significance of these findings and the coincidental association between malakoplakia and tuberculosis are discussed...
- [Procedure in case of suspected mycobacterial infection of lymph nodes of the neck]B Göpel
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Universitätsklinikum Mannheim Direktor Prof Dr med K Hörmann
Laryngorhinootologie 84:520-30; quiz 531-4. 2005..This article tries to present the state of the art procedure in diagnostics to differentiate tuberculosis and atypical mycobacterial infections from other pathologies of cervical lymph nodes...
- [Lymph node tuberculosis as primary manifestation of Hodgkin's disease]Franz Audebert
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin I, Universitat Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg
Med Klin (Munich) 101:500-4. 2006..hospital for further diagnostic work-up for suspected reactivation of a previously successfully treated lymph node tuberculosis, which had been diagnosed 1 year prior to the current admission...
- Follow-up results in tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisMehmet F Oktay
Department of Otolaryngology, Dicle University Medical School, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Laryngol Otol 120:129-32. 2006..To investigate the efficacy of medical antituberculous treatment in patients with tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis (TCL)...
- [Extrapulmonary tuberculosis (in adults). Often unspecific general symptoms, main symptoms are related to diseased organs]U Kolyvanos Naumann
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich, Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 94:713-9; quiz 720. 2005
- Mycobacterial cervical lymphadenitis in children: clinical and laboratory factors of importance for differential diagnosisP Spyridis
University of Athens Second Department of Pediatrics, P. and A. Kyriakou Children's Hospital, Greece
Scand J Infect Dis 33:362-6. 2001..The spectrum of mycobacterial cervical lymphadenitis in children in Greece has changed during the 1990s. Early and prompt treatment contributes to the diagnosis and response...
- The CT features of abdominal tuberculosis in childrenSavvas Andronikou
Department of Paediatric Radiology, Red Cross Children s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
Pediatr Radiol 32:75-81. 2002..Little data exist in the paediatric age group regarding abdominal tuberculosis (ATB) and limited reports of its CT features have been published...
- [Diagnostic image (256). A boy with bilateral cervical lymphadenopathy]P van den Hombergh
Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:28. 2006..A teenage boy was seen with a swollen neck due to tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis...
- Nasopharyngeal tuberculosis with massive cervical lymphadenopathyMurat Unal
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Turkey
J Otolaryngol 31:186-8. 2002
- [Manifestation of lung tuberculosis as soft tissue tumor (gravitation abscess in mediastinal lymphadenitis) of the thoracic wall in a 32-year-old woman]W Purkarthofer
LKH Gmundnerberg, , Osterreich
Pneumologie 48:721-4. 1994..The patient got a therapy with INH, Ethambutol, Pyrazinamid and Rifampicin. Regression of the parenchymal fokus and the mediastinal lymphadenitis was observed...
- Treatment of lymph node tuberculosis--a randomized clinical trial of two 6-month regimensM S Jawahar
Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chetput, Chennai, India
Trop Med Int Health 10:1090-8. 2005The currently recommended treatment for lymph node tuberculosis is 6 months of rifampicin and isoniazid plus pyrazinamide for the first 2 months, given either daily or thrice weekly...
- Clinical microbiological case: an 81-year-old woman with fever and a cervical massJ M Garcia-Lechuz
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:739-40, 760-1. 2002
- Role of modified bleach method in staining of acid-fast bacilli in lymph node aspiratesNitin Gangane
Department of Pathology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram 442102, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
Acta Cytol 52:325-8. 2008To correlate acid-fast bacilli (AFB) positivity with cytomorphologic patterns of tuberculous lymphadenitis and evaluate bleach concentration method in diagnosing lymph node tuberculosis compared to Ziehl-Neelsen (ZN) method.
- Mycobacterium bohemicum cervical lymphadenitisAstrid Palca
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern Bern, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:982-4. 2002..Histology revealed granulomatous, partly necrotizing lymphadenitis and a large number of acid-fast bacilli subsequently identified by molecular techniques as Mycobacterium bohemicum...
- Tuberculous parotitisA J Baldwin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5RB, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:444-5. 2002..Tuberculosis, though rare, should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a diffuse swelling of the parotid with enlarged cervical glands, particularly in young, feverish adults...
- Paradoxical reaction during tuberculosis treatment in HIV-seronegative patientsA C C Carvalho
Clin Infect Dis 42:893-5. 2006
- A 41-year-old woman with AIDS, mediastinal lymphadenopathy, and fever of unknown originCatherine Grossman
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:349-52. 2008
- [Cervical tuberculous lymphadenitis in a patient without risk factors]A Rios Zambudio
An Med Interna 19:325-6. 2002
- Category based treatment of tuberculosis in childrenS K Kabra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Indian Pediatr 41:927-37. 2004..To include children as DOTS beneficiaries, there is a need to assess the feasibility of classification and treatment of various types of childhood tuberculosis in different categories...
- [Diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis by fine needle aspiration cytology and fluorescence quantization-polymerase chain reaction]Xiao Qin Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, First People s Hospital, Hefei 230061, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:51-4. 2009..To evaluate the application of fine needle aspiration cytology and fluorescence quantization-polymerase chain reaction (FQ-PCR) in the diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of 11 patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes.]Yan Liu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Third People s Hospital of Shenzhen, Guangdong 518020, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:835-7. 2009..To study the clinical features of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes...
- [A suspected case of mass outbreak of tuberculosis infection in a small company separated into two floors]Naomi Seki
Ikebukuro Public Health Office, 1 20 9, Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 0013, Japan
Kekkaku 78:395-9. 2003..with tuberculosis specialists, three were diagnosed as newly infected with tuberculosis and one as hilar lymph node tuberculosis. So we added 25 staffs under 60s for TST and found that another 13 people were suspected to be infected ..
- Bronchoesophageal fistulae secondary to tuberculosisF L Lado Lado
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical University Hospital, Santiago de Compostela, La Coruna, Spain
Respiration 69:362-5. 2002..Antituberculous treatment was started after diagnosis of intrathoracic lymph node tuberculosis with bronchoesophageal fistulization...
- A case of immunoglobulin G4-related chronic sclerosing sialadenitis and dacryoadenitis associated with tuberculosisMitsuhiro Kawano
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, and Saiseikai Kanazawa Hospital, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8641, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 19:87-90. 2009..with chronic sclerosing sialadenitis and dacryoadenitis, which developed during treatment for cervical lymph node tuberculosis. Anti-tuberculosis treatment did not improve the swelling in the lacrimal and submandibular glands, and a ..
- [Clinical analysis on giant lymph node hyperplasia on neck]Shi hong Ma
Department of Head Neck Surgery, Tumor Hospital of Gansu Province, Lanzhou 730050, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:223-6. 2009..To improve the diagnosis and management level of giant lymph node hyperplasia (Castleman's disease)...
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis: clinical and epidemiologic spectrum of 636 casesAhmet Ilgazli
Department of Chest Diseases, Kocaeli University School of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
Arch Med Res 35:435-41. 2004....
- A systematic review of commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosisKaren R Steingart
Division pf Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, USA
Thorax 62:911-8. 2007..00) for all extrapulmonary sites combined; (3) for all tests combined, sensitivity estimates for both lymph node tuberculosis (range 0.23-1.00) and pleural tuberculosis (range 0.26-0...
- [Erythema induratum Bazin. "Tuberculid" or tuberculosis?]D Wiebels
Dermatologikum Hamburg, Stephansplatz 5, 20354 Hamburg
Hautarzt 58:237-40. 2007A 66-year-old woman presented with erythematous nodules on both legs and told of a history of lymph node tuberculosis that had been treated with surgery and tuberculostatic therapy years before...
- A systematic review of commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosisKaren R Steingart
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, and Francis J Curry National Tuberculosis Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Postgrad Med J 83:705-12. 2007..00) for all extrapulmonary sites combined; (3) for all tests combined, sensitivity estimates for both lymph node tuberculosis (range 0.23-1.00) and pleural tuberculosis (range 0.26-0...
- [Athetosis in relation with intracranial tuberculomas in a patient from Burkina Faso]C Napon
Service de Neurologie, CHU Yalgado Ouedraogo, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Med Trop (Mars) 69:513-5. 2009..Diagnosis was based on clinical findings, i.e., lymph node tuberculosis and positive HIV1 serology; on CT scans showing multiple low density nodular lesions of variable size ..
- [Current aspects of lymph node tuberculosis of the neck]G Lenci
III. Medizinische Klinik,
Pneumologie 50:462-8. 1996..Indications to surgical intervention are explained. The different aspects of adenopathies caused by atypical mycobacteria are considered...
- Genetic association study suggests a role for SP110 variants in lymph node tuberculosis but not pulmonary tuberculosis in north Indians- Abhimanyu
Department of Microbiology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, New Delhi 110007, India
Hum Immunol 72:576-80. 2011..In this study we probed SP110 variants in pulmonary (PTB) and lymph node tuberculosis (LNTB) cases to explore their role in controlling susceptibility to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection ..
- Assessment of lymph node tuberculosis in two provinces in TurkeyDursun Tatar
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Dr Suat Seren Chest Diseases and Surgery Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 64:316-21. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate lymph node tuberculosis (LNT) cases in two provinces in Turkey with different demographic and socioeconomic characteristics. A total of 109 LNT cases were reviewed retrospectively...
- Epidemiological, therapeutic and evolutionary profiles in patients with lymph node tuberculosisAsmaa Jniene
Department of Chest Diseases, Moulay Youssef Hospital, Rabat, Morocco
Tuberk Toraks 58:366-74. 2010..6%, and a scrofula in 8.6%. The delay of diagnosis of LN tuberculosis is still important, and the treatment is prolonged because of PR...
- A retrospective review of paediatric lymph node tuberculosis in Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaP McMaster
Clinical Sciences Department, Port Moresby General Hospital, Papua New Guinea
Ann Trop Paediatr 20:223-6. 2000..the perception that the relapse rate following standard short-course chemotherapy in children with lymph node tuberculosis is greater than in similarly treated children with pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)...
- Mantoux and contact positivity in tuberculosisD Vijayasekaran
Department of Pulmonology, Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children, Egmore, Chennai, India
Indian J Pediatr 73:989-93. 2006..To study the role of Mantoux and contact history in various forms of Childhood tuberculosis...
- [Overview of the HIV/tuberculosis coinfection in Bogotá, Colombia, 2001]Ingrid Garcia
Centros Control de Enfermedades, Subdirección de Epidemiología y LNR, Instituto Nacional de Salud, Bogota, DC, Colombia
Biomedica 24:132-7. 2004..In the last group, the most frequent form was lymph node tuberculosis. Diagnostic criteria were recorded for only 55 patients; however, 78% were confirmed with microscopic ..
- [Mycobacterial mediastinal adenopathy]Alexandru Crişan
Clinica II Boli Infecţioase, Universitatea de Medicina şi Farmacie Victor Babeş, Timisoara
Pneumologia 59:87-91. 2010..Victor Babeş Timişoara during 06.04-15.04.2009. Diagnosis of mediastinal lymph node tuberculosis was established only after axillary thoracotomy and biopsy of tumoral mass, although the first results ..
- Reactivation of tuberculosis after conversion from azathioprine to mycophenolate mofetil 16 years after renal transplantationJ Waiser
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Charite, Campus Charite Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 35:E12. 2000..Two months later, he developed axillary lymph node tuberculosis caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Ten-year experience with paediatric lymph node tuberculosis in Port MoresbyP McMaster
Department of Paediatrics, Port Moresby General Hospital, Papua New Guinea
J Trop Pediatr 47:160-4. 2001..Of these, 97 definitely completed the treatment and 10 (10.6 per cent) were known to have relapsed during a follow-up period of between 1 and 2 years...
- Tuberculosis in children--what has changed in last 20 years?S K Kabra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 69:S5-10. 2002..5%. Nearly 8-20% of the deaths caused by tuberculosis occur in children. Lymph node tuberculosis has increased over last two decades...
- Cat scratch disease during etanercept therapySylvain Mathieu
Clermont Ferrand Teaching Hospital, Rheumatology Department, G Montpied Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:184-6. 2007Lymphadenopathy in a patient taking TNFalpha antagonist therapy may indicate lymph node tuberculosis or a hematological malignancy...
- [Lymph node tuberculosis treatment: from recommendations to practice]J P Lanoix
Service de Pathologie Infectieuse et Tropicale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80000 Amiens, France
Med Mal Infect 41:87-91. 2011..Lymph node infection is the most frequent localization of extrapulmonary tuberculosis. However, there is still no consensus on the length of antimicrobial treatment...
- Tuberculous mediastinal lymphadenitis that evolved into pulmonary tuberculosis following transbronchial needle aspirationMario Gomez
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Respirology 15:1140-1. 2010This case report describes a patient with multi-drug-resistant mediastinal lymph node tuberculosis that evolved to smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis following transbronchial needle aspiration...
- Management of peripheral lymph node tuberculosis in routine practice: an unselected 10-year cohortJ F Blaikley
Chest Clinic, Royal Blackburn Hospital, Blackburn, UK
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:375-8. 2011..The varied behaviour of tuberculous lymph nodes during TB chemotherapy can cause clinical uncertainty, resulting in prolonged courses of treatment...
- Isoniazid-induced recurrent acute pancreatitisArvind S Pandey
Department of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research, Surat, Gujarat, India
Trop Doct 41:249-50. 2011..We present a case of reversible acute pancreatitis after isoniazid treatment of lymph node tuberculosis, followed by the recurrence of pancreatitis upon the reintroduction of the drug.
- Guillain-Barré syndrome, tuberculosis and inflammatory bowel disease: a multiple associationRicardo Gómez de la Torre
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Asturias, Spain
Int Arch Med 3:15. 2010..We report an unusual case of GBS associated with lymph node tuberculosis and ulcerative colitis.
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis in immunocompetent adultsArif Atahan Cagatay
Departments of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul University, Turkey
Scand J Infect Dis 36:799-806. 2004..These findings suggested that pulmonary tuberculosis may play a critical role in the development of EPT. 12-month therapy may be chosen in patients with EPT considering acceptable adverse effects without relapses...
- Extensive tubercular neck lymphadenopathy in a man with early-stage tongue cancerPankaj Chaturvedi
Head and Neck Service, Department of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Nat Clin Pract Oncol 4:726-8. 2007..A thorough clinical examination of the head and neck region did not reveal any other primary lesion. To assess the status of the neck, PET-CT imaging was advised...
- Tuberculosis and gynaecology: a report of two casesM F Aslam
Hope Hospital Salford, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:937-8. 2004
- Two different pathologies with identical presentation on a patient with AIDSIreneia Lino
Eur J Intern Med 19:304-5. 2008
- Genital elephantiasisRashmi Sarkar
The Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32, Chandigarh 160 047, India
Int J STD AIDS 13:427-9. 2002..We report a rare case of a 32-year-old Indian female in whom genital elephantiasis occurred as a complication of tubercular lymphadenitis...
- Tuberculous lymph node calcification detected on routine panoramic radiography: a case reportU Aydin
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 32:252-4. 2003..Our patient had lymph node tuberculosis about 50 years ago...
- A case of rifampicin induced pseudomembraneous colitisDaad H Akbar
Department of Medicine, King Abdul Aziz University Hospital, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 24:1391-3. 2003..She had one relapse after 2 months that was successfully treated, and she finished her antituberculosis therapy without any further relapses. Awareness of this serious complication of rifampicin therapy should be encountered...
- Neurodevelopment and HIV/AIDSAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2010....