Genomes and Genes
lymph node tuberculosis
Summary: Infection of the lymph nodes by tuberculosis. Tuberculous infection of the cervical lymph nodes is scrofula.
Publications156 found, 100 shown here
- [Diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis based on the fine needle aspiration samples analysis]Adam Fangrat
Katedra i Klinika Chorob Wewnetrznych, Pneumonologii i Alergologii, AM w Warszawie
Pneumonol Alergol Pol 74:126-8. 2006..The time between the onset of symptoms, clinical presentation and final diagnosis is often too long. We present a case of 60 years old man with tuberculous lymphadenitis, initially suspected of lymphoproliferative disease...
- [An adult case of cervico-mediastinal lymph nodes tuberculosis followed by the development of pulmonary lesions during the treatment with antituberculous drugs]Masayoshi Minakuchi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tenri Hospital, 200 Mishima cho, Tenri shi, Nara 632 8552, Japan
Kekkaku 80:19-23. 2005..After one year of antituberculous chemotherapy, the swelling of the cervical-mediastinal lymph nodes was reduced and the abnormal chest X-ray shadows disappeared...
- Erythema nodosum associated with reactivation tuberculous lymphadenitis (scrofula)Samir N Gupta
Department of Dermatology, Weilman Laboratories, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, BAR 413, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Int J Dermatol 41:173-5. 2002..Her lower limb skins lesions rapidly resolved over the subsequent month and her neck mass also diminished in size. She completed 6 months of antituberculous therapy with complete resolution of her lymphadenopathy...
- [A 27-year-old patient with recurrent Fever]Gerald Ulrich Denk
Medizinische Klinik II der Ludwig Maximilians Universität München Grosshadern, München Grosshadern
Med Klin (Munich) 98:641-5. 2003..In times of progressing international migration, the early detection of tuberculosis is also becoming important in Germany. The diagnosis, however, is often impaired by unspecific symptomatology and ambiguous imaging results...
- Mycobacterium bovis versus Mycobacterium tuberculosis as a cause of acute cervical lymphadenitis without pulmonary diseaseGlenn J Fennelly
Pediatr Infect Dis J 23:590-1. 2004..Accurate speciation is important for selection of the preferred antibiotic regimen for treatment of Mycobacterium bovis infection...
- Paradoxical responses in non-HIV-infected patients with peripheral lymph node tuberculosisOh Hyun Cho
Department of Infectious Diseases, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Infect 59:56-61. 2009We evaluated the clinical characteristics and risk factors for the paradoxical response (PR) in non-HIV-infected patients with peripheral lymph node tuberculosis (TB).
- Clinical spectrum of paradoxical deterioration during antituberculosis therapy in non-HIV-infected patientsV C C Cheng
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center of Infection, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, University Pathology Building, Queen Mary Hospital, Republic of China
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 21:803-9. 2002..7%) and administration of steroids (39.3%). The use of steroids appeared to be safe in this series, as 95% of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates were susceptible to first-line antituberculosis therapy...
- Assessment of lymph node tuberculosis in northern Germany: a clinical reviewHenning Geldmacher
Krankenhaus Grosshansdorf, Zentrum fur Pneumologie und Thoraxchirurgie, Grosshansdorf, Germany
Chest 121:1177-82. 2002To evaluate patient profiles, diagnostic approaches, and treatment strategies in patients with lymph node tuberculosis.
- Systemic steroid treatment of paradoxical upgrading reaction in patients with lymph node tuberculosisCarolina Garcia Vidal
Clin Infect Dis 41:915-6; author reply 916-7. 2005
- Subungual erythema in lymph node tuberculosis with erythema nodosumA K Janmeja
Department of Respiratory Medicine and Tuberculosis, Government Medical College, Chandigarh, India 160030
J Assoc Physicians India 53:903-5. 2005..Relevant literature and the possible explanation for the subungual erythema have been discussed...
- Characterization and management of paradoxical upgrading reactions in HIV-uninfected patients with lymph node tuberculosisCharlotte R Hawkey
Department of Infection and Tropical Medicine, North West London Hospitals National Health Service Trust, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 40:1368-71. 2005In a retrospective analysis, paradoxical deterioration of lymph node tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus-uninfected patients was common, occurring in 25 (23%) of 109 patients after treatment had been given for a median of 46 ..
- The management of pulmonary and lymph node tuberculosis notified in England and Wales in 1998L P Ormerod
Chest Clinic, Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Lancs
Clin Med 3:57-61. 2003The management of 1,337 cases of pulmonary tuberculosis and 422 cases of lymph node tuberculosis reported to the 1998 national notification survey was compared with the recommended standards of treatment...
- Peripheral tuberculous lymphadenitis: epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment, and outcomeAndrea Polesky
Department of Internal Medicine, Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System, San Jose, CA 95126, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 84:350-62. 2005..Paradoxical expansion of adenopathy was seen in 20% of all patients and was more commonly noted in human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive patients. We present a diagnostic algorithm based on our experience...
- CA-125: a marker for diagnosis and follow-up of pleuroperitoneal and lymph node tuberculosisAbdul Majid Wani
Ann Saudi Med 28:142-3. 2008
- Fine-needle aspiration cytology in tuberculous lymphadenitis of patients with and without HIV infectionSujata Nayak
Department of Pathology, BJ Medical College and Sassoon General Hospitals Pune, Maharashtra, India
Diagn Cytopathol 31:204-6. 2004..The need for culture or biopsy for definitive diagnosis was higher in group 2. In suspected TBL, diagnostic efficacy can be improved and the need for surgical biopsy reduced if material collected on FNA is also used for culture...
- [Procedure in case of suspected mycobacterial infection of lymph nodes of the neck]B Göpel
Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Universitätsklinikum Mannheim Direktor Prof Dr med K Hörmann
Laryngorhinootologie 84:520-30; quiz 531-4. 2005..This article tries to present the state of the art procedure in diagnostics to differentiate tuberculosis and atypical mycobacterial infections from other pathologies of cervical lymph nodes...
- Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Weekly clinicopathological exercises. Case 8-2004. A 28-year-old man with abdominal pain, fever, and a mass in the region of the pancreasWilliam R Brugge
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
N Engl J Med 350:1131-8. 2004
- [Case #4: thoracic pathology: primary tuberculosis with mediastinal lymphatic involvement developing during treatment]A Scherrer
Imagerie Medicale, CMC Foch, Suresnes
J Radiol 86:700-3. 2005
- [A case of esophageal tuberculosis which developed during the treatment for tuberculous lymphadenitis]Tomohiro Hashimoto
Department of Respiratory Medicine, National Hospital Organization Chiba East National Hospital, 673 Nitona cho, Chuo Ku, Chiba shi, Chiba 260 8712 Japan
Kekkaku 80:535-9. 2005..Although esophageal tuberculosis is rare, the disease might develop during or after mediastinal or periesophageal tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- [A case of pulmonary tuberculosis complicated with tuberculosis of bilateral cervical lymph nodes and exacerbated pericostal abscess]Noritaka Yamada
Department of Respiratory Diseases, National Higashi Nagoya Hospital, 5 101, Umemorizaka, Meito ku, Nagoya shi, Aichi 465 8620, Japan
Kekkaku 79:11-5. 2004..We assumed that both masses were due to paradoxical response to the antituberculosis chemotherapy...
- Abnormal FDG PET imaging in tuberculosis appearing like lymphomaYen Kung Chen
Department of Nuclear Medicine and PET Center, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Clin Nucl Med 29:124. 2004
- Treatment of lymph node tuberculosis--a randomized clinical trial of two 6-month regimensM S Jawahar
Tuberculosis Research Centre, Chetput, Chennai, India
Trop Med Int Health 10:1090-8. 2005The currently recommended treatment for lymph node tuberculosis is 6 months of rifampicin and isoniazid plus pyrazinamide for the first 2 months, given either daily or thrice weekly...
- [Inflammatory-like cervical tumefaction]C Baeteman
Service de Stomatologie et Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale, CHU La Timone, Marseille
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 106:185-8. 2005
- [Extrapulmonary tuberculosis (in adults). Often unspecific general symptoms, main symptoms are related to diseased organs]U Kolyvanos Naumann
Medizinische Poliklinik, Universitatsspital Zurich, Zurich
Praxis (Bern 1994) 94:713-9; quiz 720. 2005
- Primary multi-drug resistant tuberculosis presented as lymphadenitis in a patient without HIV infectionS M Mirsaeidi
National Research Institute of Tuberculosis and Lung Diseases, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 61:244-7. 2004..By increasing the number of drug resistant tuberculosis patients around the world, appropriate diagnosis and treatment of different presentations of the disease need a special attention...
- An unusual presentation of tuberculous lymphadenitisSanjay Kumar Bandyopadhyay
Department of Medicine, Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata 700020
J Indian Med Assoc 102:521-2. 2004..Anti-tuberculous therapy was started but the patient died due to subarachnoid haemorrhage...
- Pathology quiz case 1. Diagnosis: Mycobacterium tuberculosis cervical lymphadenitis (scrofula) with left parotid glandBrian J Baumgartner
Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 130:990; diag 992-3. 2004
- Frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisDharma Kanta Baskota
Department of ENT, Head and Neck Surgery, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine, Teaching Hospital, Post Box No 3578, Kathmandu Nepal
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:157-9. 2005..To investigate the frequency and effective treatment of ulcers and sinuses in cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis (TCL)...
- Pulmonary malakoplakia coexistent with tuberculosis of the hilar lymph node mimicking malignancyLeou Chuan Pang
Department of Pathology, Chang Gung Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Respiration 72:95-100. 2005..The significance of these findings and the coincidental association between malakoplakia and tuberculosis are discussed...
- Walled-off esophageal perforation as a first manifestation of pulmonary tuberculosisElke Roeb
Department of Medicine, Medical Clinic III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen University RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 60:1026-8. 2004
- Tuberculous mastitisUzma Jalali
Department of Surgery, Ward 3, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, Karachi
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 15:234-7. 2005..To find out the different clinical presentations of breast tuberculosis and its treatment outcome...
- Reactive plasmacytosis of the thyroid gland in a patient with disseminated tuberculosisShyang Rong Shih
Acta Cytol 49:584-5. 2005
- Role of ultrasonography and computed tomography in complicated cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisK B Gupta
Department of Tuberculosis and Chest Diseases, Pt B D Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana
Indian J Tuberc 54:71-8. 2007..To evaluate complicated cases of tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis by ultrasonography and computed tomography in order to detect more lymph nodes, and to study their lesions...
- Haematogenous dissemination of tuberculous lymphadenitisG S Sharafeldin
National Health Laboratory, Federal Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan
East Afr Med J 84:3-7. 2007..To determine whether Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection spreads through the blood to different lymph-node groups in patients with tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- Breast cancer with associated granulomatous axillary lymphadenitis: a diagnostic and clinical dilemma in regions with high prevalence of tuberculosisMinhas Khurram
Section of Histopathology, Department of Pathology and Microbiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
Pathol Res Pract 203:699-704. 2007..PCR-based assays are recommended for the diagnosis of TB in cases where ZN is unhelpful for demonstrating AFB or no tissue is submitted for microbiological studies...
- [Surgical treatment of mycobacteriosis]Keiji Iuchi
Kekkaku 82:849-61. 2007..Although mycobacterial mediastinal lymphoadenitis, or osteoarthritis are rare tuberculosis-related disease in Japan, we should keep in mind such rare diseases in ordinary practice...
- Chest computerized tomography scan findings in 74 children with tuberculous meningitis in southeastern TurkeyAhmet Yaramiş
Department of Pediatrics, Dicle University Faculty of Medicine, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Turk J Pediatr 49:365-9. 2007..Chest computerized tomography scan helps establish the diagnosis of TBM when chest radiography is normal or inconclusive, and it is useful in assessing children with suspected TBM...
- [Cervical and mediastinic mass in a 72-year old woman]E Canalejo Castrillero
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Fuenlabrada, Fuenlabrada, Madrid, Espana
Rev Clin Esp 208:105-7. 2008
- Evaluation of the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound in diagnosis of cervical lymphadenopathyS B Dangore
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, DMIMS, Sawangi M, Wardha, Maharashtra 442004, India
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 37:205-12. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the efficacy of colour Doppler ultrasound (CDUS) to differentiate between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes...
- Role of modified bleach method in staining of acid-fast bacilli in lymph node aspiratesNitin Gangane
Department of Pathology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram 442102, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
Acta Cytol 52:325-8. 2008To correlate acid-fast bacilli (AFB) positivity with cytomorphologic patterns of tuberculous lymphadenitis and evaluate bleach concentration method in diagnosing lymph node tuberculosis compared to Ziehl-Neelsen (ZN) method.
- Diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis: combining cytomorphology, microbiology and molecular techniques - a study from Sri LankaLakmini K B Mudduwa
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ruhuna, Galle, Sri Lanka
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 51:195-7. 2008..Fine needle aspiration is a simple technique to obtain material for early diagnosis of tuberculous lymphadenitis...
- Spectrum of cytomorphology of tuberculous lymphadenitis and changes during anti-tubercular treatmentM Sharma
Department of Pathology, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India
Cytopathology 18:180-3. 2007..To analyse the morphological changes in tuberculous lymph nodes and the clinical response during short course anti tubercular chemotherapy...
- The impersonatorHartmut Lode
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 120:239-41. 2007
- Follow-up results in tuberculous cervical lymphadenitisMehmet F Oktay
Department of Otolaryngology, Dicle University Medical School, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Laryngol Otol 120:129-32. 2006..To investigate the efficacy of medical antituberculous treatment in patients with tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis (TCL)...
- [Diagnostic image (256). A boy with bilateral cervical lymphadenopathy]P van den Hombergh
Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:28. 2006..A teenage boy was seen with a swollen neck due to tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis...
- Paradoxical reaction during tuberculosis treatment in HIV-seronegative patientsA C C Carvalho
Clin Infect Dis 42:893-5. 2006
- [Lymph node tuberculosis as primary manifestation of Hodgkin's disease]Franz Audebert
Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin I, Universitat Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg
Med Klin (Munich) 101:500-4. 2006..hospital for further diagnostic work-up for suspected reactivation of a previously successfully treated lymph node tuberculosis, which had been diagnosed 1 year prior to the current admission...
- Tuberculous cervical lymphadenitis: an unusual caseKalliopi Kokosali
Oral and Maxillofacial SHO, Manchester Dental Hospital, Higher Cambridge Street, Manchester M15 6SH, UK
Dent Update 33:306-8, 311. 2006..We discuss the significance of caseating granulomatous inflammation in cervical lymphadenitis and provide a brief overview of tuberculosis and a comparison with NTM...
- Tumor of the conus medullaris treated with antituberculous therapyThomas S Skoglund
Department of Neurosurgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Bla straket 7, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:192-4. 2007..Intramedullary tuberculomas are rare but important differential diagnosis in patients with spinal cord mass lesions. The role of medical and surgical treatment of intramedullary tuberculomas is discussed...
- Diagnostic dilemma of abdominal tuberculosis in non-HIV patients: an ongoing challenge for physiciansRustam Khan
Department of Medicine, Aga Khan University Hospital, National Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
World J Gastroenterol 12:6371-5. 2006..To assess the clinical features, yield of the diagnostic tests and outcome of abdominal tuberculosis in non-HIV patients...
- Menstrual disorders in nongenital tuberculosisMasoumeh Fallahian
Infertility and Reproductive Health Research Centre, Taleghani Hospital, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Tehran, Iran
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2006:18452. 2006..001), but excessive or prolong vaginal bleeding was not observed. Menstrual disorders occur even in nongenital tuberculosis, but it is manifested with cessation or decrease in menstrual bleeding flow and period...
- Doctoral thesis: Diagnostic value of magnetic resonance imaging in extra-pulmonary tuberculosisA I De Backer
JBR-BTR 89:283-4. 2006
- A 41-year-old woman with AIDS, mediastinal lymphadenopathy, and fever of unknown originCatherine Grossman
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Am J Med Sci 336:349-52. 2008
- Non-pulmonary tuberculosisE D Carrol
Department of Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Newcastle General Hospital, Westgate Road, Newcastle NE4 6BE, UK
Paediatr Respir Rev 2:113-9. 2001..The advent of DNA amplification techniques such as the polymerase chain reaction may herald a promising new era in the prompt and accurate management of extrapulmonary tuberculosis...
- Tuberculous parotitisA J Baldwin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5RB, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:444-5. 2002..Tuberculosis, though rare, should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a diffuse swelling of the parotid with enlarged cervical glands, particularly in young, feverish adults...
- Abdominal computed tomographic findings of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Mycobacterium avium intracellulare infection in HIV seropositive patientsDow Mu M Koh
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Can Assoc Radiol J 54:45-50. 2003..To compare the computed tomographic (CT) findings of abdominal Mycobacterium tuberculosis (MTB) infection and Mycobacterium avium intracellulare (MAI) infection in patients with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Mycobacterial cervical lymphadenitis in children: clinical and laboratory factors of importance for differential diagnosisP Spyridis
University of Athens Second Department of Pediatrics, P. and A. Kyriakou Children's Hospital, Greece
Scand J Infect Dis 33:362-6. 2001..The spectrum of mycobacterial cervical lymphadenitis in children in Greece has changed during the 1990s. Early and prompt treatment contributes to the diagnosis and response...
- [Cervical tuberculous lymphadenitis in a patient without risk factors]A Rios Zambudio
An Med Interna 19:325-6. 2002
- Mycobacterium bohemicum cervical lymphadenitisAstrid Palca
Institute for Infectious Diseases, University of Bern Bern, Switzerland
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:982-4. 2002..Histology revealed granulomatous, partly necrotizing lymphadenitis and a large number of acid-fast bacilli subsequently identified by molecular techniques as Mycobacterium bohemicum...
- Nasopharyngeal tuberculosis with massive cervical lymphadenopathyMurat Unal
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, School of Medicine, Mersin University, Turkey
J Otolaryngol 31:186-8. 2002
- [Manifestation of lung tuberculosis as soft tissue tumor (gravitation abscess in mediastinal lymphadenitis) of the thoracic wall in a 32-year-old woman]W Purkarthofer
LKH Gmundnerberg, , Osterreich
Pneumologie 48:721-4. 1994..The patient got a therapy with INH, Ethambutol, Pyrazinamid and Rifampicin. Regression of the parenchymal fokus and the mediastinal lymphadenitis was observed...
- Clinical microbiological case: an 81-year-old woman with fever and a cervical massJ M Garcia-Lechuz
Department of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Spain
Clin Microbiol Infect 8:739-40, 760-1. 2002
- [Variability and diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis]Ausra Kaminskaite
Clinic of Pulmonology and Allergology, Faculty of Medicine, Vilnius University, Santariskiu 14, 2021 Vilnius, Lithuania
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:1207-11. 2002..Liver biopsy and positive sputum cultures for mycobacterias mostly confirmed tuberculosis diagnosis in miliary tuberculosis cases. From all tuberculous pleurisy cases in 65% the diagnosis was confirmed by bacteriology and/or histology...
- Tuberculosis presenting as epitrochlear lymphadenitisNancy F Crum
Naval Medical Center San Diego, Infectious Diseases Division, 34800 Bob Wilson Drive, San Diego, CA 92134, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 35:888-90. 2003..Epitrochlear lymphadenitis is an uncommon presentation of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in an immunocompetent host. This case report describes the third case in the literature and provides a review of the literature...
- The CT features of abdominal tuberculosis in childrenSavvas Andronikou
Department of Paediatric Radiology, Red Cross Children s Hospital, Rondebosch, Cape Town 7700, South Africa
Pediatr Radiol 32:75-81. 2002..Little data exist in the paediatric age group regarding abdominal tuberculosis (ATB) and limited reports of its CT features have been published...
- Category based treatment of tuberculosis in childrenS K Kabra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Indian Pediatr 41:927-37. 2004..To include children as DOTS beneficiaries, there is a need to assess the feasibility of classification and treatment of various types of childhood tuberculosis in different categories...
- [Diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis by fine needle aspiration cytology and fluorescence quantization-polymerase chain reaction]Xiao Qin Yu
Department of Clinical Laboratory, First People s Hospital, Hefei 230061, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:51-4. 2009..To evaluate the application of fine needle aspiration cytology and fluorescence quantization-polymerase chain reaction (FQ-PCR) in the diagnosis of mycobacterial lymphadenitis...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of 11 patients with acquired immune deficiency syndrome complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes.]Yan Liu
Department of Infectious Diseases, Third People s Hospital of Shenzhen, Guangdong 518020, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:835-7. 2009..To study the clinical features of acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) complicated with tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes...
- [A suspected case of mass outbreak of tuberculosis infection in a small company separated into two floors]Naomi Seki
Ikebukuro Public Health Office, 1 20 9, Higashi Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo 170 0013, Japan
Kekkaku 78:395-9. 2003..with tuberculosis specialists, three were diagnosed as newly infected with tuberculosis and one as hilar lymph node tuberculosis. So we added 25 staffs under 60s for TST and found that another 13 people were suspected to be infected ..
- Bronchoesophageal fistulae secondary to tuberculosisF L Lado Lado
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical University Hospital, Santiago de Compostela, La Coruna, Spain
Respiration 69:362-5. 2002..Antituberculous treatment was started after diagnosis of intrathoracic lymph node tuberculosis with bronchoesophageal fistulization...
- A case of immunoglobulin G4-related chronic sclerosing sialadenitis and dacryoadenitis associated with tuberculosisMitsuhiro Kawano
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, and Saiseikai Kanazawa Hospital, 13 1 Takara machi, Kanazawa, 920 8641, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 19:87-90. 2009..with chronic sclerosing sialadenitis and dacryoadenitis, which developed during treatment for cervical lymph node tuberculosis. Anti-tuberculosis treatment did not improve the swelling in the lacrimal and submandibular glands, and a ..
- [Clinical analysis on giant lymph node hyperplasia on neck]Shi hong Ma
Department of Head Neck Surgery, Tumor Hospital of Gansu Province, Lanzhou 730050, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:223-6. 2009..To improve the diagnosis and management level of giant lymph node hyperplasia (Castleman's disease)...
- Extrapulmonary tuberculosis: clinical and epidemiologic spectrum of 636 casesAhmet Ilgazli
Department of Chest Diseases, Kocaeli University School of Medicine, Kocaeli, Turkey
Arch Med Res 35:435-41. 2004....
- [Erythema induratum Bazin. "Tuberculid" or tuberculosis?]D Wiebels
Dermatologikum Hamburg, Stephansplatz 5, 20354 Hamburg
Hautarzt 58:237-40. 2007A 66-year-old woman presented with erythematous nodules on both legs and told of a history of lymph node tuberculosis that had been treated with surgery and tuberculostatic therapy years before...
- A systematic review of commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosisKaren R Steingart
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, and Francis J Curry National Tuberculosis Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Postgrad Med J 83:705-12. 2007..00) for all extrapulmonary sites combined; (3) for all tests combined, sensitivity estimates for both lymph node tuberculosis (range 0.23-1.00) and pleural tuberculosis (range 0.26-0...
- A systematic review of commercial serological antibody detection tests for the diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosisKaren R Steingart
Division pf Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, University of California, USA
Thorax 62:911-8. 2007..00) for all extrapulmonary sites combined; (3) for all tests combined, sensitivity estimates for both lymph node tuberculosis (range 0.23-1.00) and pleural tuberculosis (range 0.26-0...
- [Athetosis in relation with intracranial tuberculomas in a patient from Burkina Faso]C Napon
Service de Neurologie, CHU Yalgado Ouedraogo, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Med Trop (Mars) 69:513-5. 2009..Diagnosis was based on clinical findings, i.e., lymph node tuberculosis and positive HIV1 serology; on CT scans showing multiple low density nodular lesions of variable size ..
- [Current aspects of lymph node tuberculosis of the neck]G Lenci
III. Medizinische Klinik,
Pneumologie 50:462-8. 1996..Indications to surgical intervention are explained. The different aspects of adenopathies caused by atypical mycobacteria are considered...
- Genetic association study suggests a role for SP110 variants in lymph node tuberculosis but not pulmonary tuberculosis in north Indians- Abhimanyu
Department of Microbiology, Vallabhbhai Patel Chest Institute, University of Delhi, New Delhi 110007, India
Hum Immunol 72:576-80. 2011..In this study we probed SP110 variants in pulmonary (PTB) and lymph node tuberculosis (LNTB) cases to explore their role in controlling susceptibility to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection ..
- Epidemiological, therapeutic and evolutionary profiles in patients with lymph node tuberculosisAsmaa Jniene
Department of Chest Diseases, Moulay Youssef Hospital, Rabat, Morocco
Tuberk Toraks 58:366-74. 2010..6%, and a scrofula in 8.6%. The delay of diagnosis of LN tuberculosis is still important, and the treatment is prolonged because of PR...
- Assessment of lymph node tuberculosis in two provinces in TurkeyDursun Tatar
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Dr Suat Seren Chest Diseases and Surgery Training and Research Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Jpn J Infect Dis 64:316-21. 2011The aim of this study was to evaluate lymph node tuberculosis (LNT) cases in two provinces in Turkey with different demographic and socioeconomic characteristics. A total of 109 LNT cases were reviewed retrospectively...
- A retrospective review of paediatric lymph node tuberculosis in Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaP McMaster
Clinical Sciences Department, Port Moresby General Hospital, Papua New Guinea
Ann Trop Paediatr 20:223-6. 2000..the perception that the relapse rate following standard short-course chemotherapy in children with lymph node tuberculosis is greater than in similarly treated children with pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)...
- [Mycobacterial mediastinal adenopathy]Alexandru Crişan
Clinica II Boli Infecţioase, Universitatea de Medicina şi Farmacie Victor Babeş, Timisoara
Pneumologia 59:87-91. 2010..Victor Babeş Timişoara during 06.04-15.04.2009. Diagnosis of mediastinal lymph node tuberculosis was established only after axillary thoracotomy and biopsy of tumoral mass, although the first results ..
- [Overview of the HIV/tuberculosis coinfection in Bogotá, Colombia, 2001]Ingrid Garcia
Centros Control de Enfermedades, Subdirección de Epidemiología y LNR, Instituto Nacional de Salud, Bogota, DC, Colombia
Biomedica 24:132-7. 2004..In the last group, the most frequent form was lymph node tuberculosis. Diagnostic criteria were recorded for only 55 patients; however, 78% were confirmed with microscopic ..
- Mantoux and contact positivity in tuberculosisD Vijayasekaran
Department of Pulmonology, Institute of Child Health and Hospital for Children, Egmore, Chennai, India
Indian J Pediatr 73:989-93. 2006..To study the role of Mantoux and contact history in various forms of Childhood tuberculosis...
- [Early ENT manifestations of HIV infection/AIDS. An analysis of 76 cases observed in Africa]A Ndjolo
Hopital General de Yaounde, Service ORL, BP 5408, Yaounde, Cameroun
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 125:39-43. 2004..The aim of this work is to describe the ENT clinical manifestations by which HIV positive patients inaugurate their AIDS-illness and to classify these manifestations in respect to the biological state of the infection...
- Reactivation of tuberculosis after conversion from azathioprine to mycophenolate mofetil 16 years after renal transplantationJ Waiser
Department of Nephrology, University Hospital Charite, Campus Charite Mitte, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Am J Kidney Dis 35:E12. 2000..Two months later, he developed axillary lymph node tuberculosis caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- Tuberculosis in children--what has changed in last 20 years?S K Kabra
Department of Pediatrics, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 69:S5-10. 2002..5%. Nearly 8-20% of the deaths caused by tuberculosis occur in children. Lymph node tuberculosis has increased over last two decades...
- Ten-year experience with paediatric lymph node tuberculosis in Port MoresbyP McMaster
Department of Paediatrics, Port Moresby General Hospital, Papua New Guinea
J Trop Pediatr 47:160-4. 2001..Of these, 97 definitely completed the treatment and 10 (10.6 per cent) were known to have relapsed during a follow-up period of between 1 and 2 years...
- Management of peripheral lymph node tuberculosis in routine practice: an unselected 10-year cohortJ F Blaikley
Chest Clinic, Royal Blackburn Hospital, Blackburn, UK
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 15:375-8. 2011..The varied behaviour of tuberculous lymph nodes during TB chemotherapy can cause clinical uncertainty, resulting in prolonged courses of treatment...
- [Lymph node tuberculosis treatment: from recommendations to practice]J P Lanoix
Service de Pathologie Infectieuse et Tropicale, CHU d Amiens, Place Victor Pauchet, 80000 Amiens, France
Med Mal Infect 41:87-91. 2011..Lymph node infection is the most frequent localization of extrapulmonary tuberculosis. However, there is still no consensus on the length of antimicrobial treatment...
- Tuberculous mediastinal lymphadenitis that evolved into pulmonary tuberculosis following transbronchial needle aspirationMario Gomez
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Respirology 15:1140-1. 2010This case report describes a patient with multi-drug-resistant mediastinal lymph node tuberculosis that evolved to smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis following transbronchial needle aspiration...
- Cat scratch disease during etanercept therapySylvain Mathieu
Clermont Ferrand Teaching Hospital, Rheumatology Department, G Montpied Hospital, Clermont Ferrand, France
Joint Bone Spine 74:184-6. 2007Lymphadenopathy in a patient taking TNFalpha antagonist therapy may indicate lymph node tuberculosis or a hematological malignancy...
- Isoniazid-induced recurrent acute pancreatitisArvind S Pandey
Department of Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education and Research, Surat, Gujarat, India
Trop Doct 41:249-50. 2011..We present a case of reversible acute pancreatitis after isoniazid treatment of lymph node tuberculosis, followed by the recurrence of pancreatitis upon the reintroduction of the drug.
- Guillain-Barré syndrome, tuberculosis and inflammatory bowel disease: a multiple associationRicardo Gómez de la Torre
Internal Medicine Service, Hospital San Agustin, Aviles, Asturias, Spain
Int Arch Med 3:15. 2010..We report an unusual case of GBS associated with lymph node tuberculosis and ulcerative colitis.
- Tuberculosis of the thyroid gland: a case reportV Zivaljevic
Centre for Endocrine Surgery, Institute of Endocrinology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Chir Belg 107:70-2. 2007..The patient underwent combination treatment with antitubercular drugs for 6 months. During the three years follow-up period there was no evidence of disease recurrence...
- Diagnosis of clinically unsuspected extrapulmonary tuberculosis by fine needle aspiration: a case reportH M Brown
Department of Pathology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610, USA
Acta Cytol 45:1032-6. 2001..The diagnosis of MTb was made by fine needle aspiration (FNA) of a pelvic lymph node. CONCLUSION: Miliary tuberculosis associated with AIDS may have an unusual clinical presentation and unusual cytologic features on ENA...
- Tuberculous mesenteric lymphadenitis mimicking pancreatic carcinomaI Claro
Department of Gastroenterology, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia Francisco Gentil, Lisboa, Portugal
Hepatogastroenterology 43:1653-5. 1996..At 18 months she is asymptomatic and abdominal CT scan is normal. Tuberculosis of mesenteric lymph nodes usually raises serious diagnostic problems. A high grade of suspicion is necessary in order to perform a pre-operative diagnosis...
- [Miliary, ganglionar, pancreatic and costal tuberculosis. Clinical presentation and literature review]I Inchaurraga Alvarez
, Hospital Dr. Peset, Valencia
An Med Interna 18:483-5. 2001..The transbronchial biopsy and the pancreatic punction demonstrated granulomatous necrotic lesions, and M. tuberculosis grew in the bronchial washing culture. The specific treatment normalized the pulmonary, costal and pancreatic lesions...
- F-18-FDG uptake in tuberculosisS M Bakheet
Department of Radiology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Clin Nucl Med 23:739-42. 1998..This possibility should be considered when whole-body scans of patients with cancer are interpreted, especially in those with a high incidence of infectious disease...
- Aetiology of peripheral lymphadenopathy in adults: analysis of 1724 cases seen at a tertiary care teaching hospital in southern IndiaAlladi Mohan
Department of Medicine, Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati 517507, Andhra Pradesh, India
Natl Med J India 20:78-80. 2007..In patients presenting with peripheral lymphadenopathy, excision biopsy of the most accessible lymph node provides material to establish an early diagnosis, and is important in the management of these patients...
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Neurodevelopment and HIV/AIDSAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Impact of malnutrition on TB-IRIS and pharmacokinetics of TB and ARV co-treatmentAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2008..In these children, we will also study the use of rifabutin, a drug used in U.S. adults with TB and HIV. The results of the research have the potential to substantially improve the management of children with TB and HIV. ..
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Impact of malnutrition on TB-IRIS and pharmacokinetics of TB and ARV co-treatmentAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these children, we will also study the use of rifabutin, a drug used in U.S. adults with TB and HIV. The results of the research have the potential to substantially improve the management of children with TB and HIV. ..
- Pediatric HIV-encephalopathy in DRC: effect of ART & role of compartmentalizationAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Impact of malnutrition on TB-IRIS and pharmacokinetics of TB and ARV co-treatmentAnnelies Van Rie; Fiscal Year: 2010..In these children, we will also study the use of rifabutin, a drug used in U.S. adults with TB and HIV. The results of the research have the potential to substantially improve the management of children with TB and HIV. ..