Genomes and Genes
Summary: A condition in which albumin level in blood (SERUM ALBUMIN) is below the normal range. Hypoalbuminemia may be due to decreased hepatic albumin synthesis, increased albumin catabolism, altered albumin distribution, or albumin loss through the urine (ALBUMINURIA).
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Protein malnutrition and hypoalbuminemia as predictors of vascular events and mortality in ESRDBruce A Cooper
Department of Renal Medicine, Kolling Institute, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 43:61-6. 2004..However, previous studies were unable to differentiate between true protein malnutrition and hypoalbuminemia.
- Intravenous albumin administration and body water balance in critically ill patientsDaniel Ferreira da Cunha
Nutrition 19:157-8. 2003
- [Clinical study on severe acute pancreatitis associated with hypoalbuminemia in early stage]Ping Xue
Department of Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610041, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 3:443-5. 2005..the occurring mechanism and clinical characteristics of severe acute pancreatitis (SAP) associated with hypoalbuminemia in early stage and its influence on prognosis of SAP and the preventive and therapeutic management of this ..
- Improving albumin levels among hemodialysis patientsNathan W Levin
Am J Kidney Dis 48:171-3. 2006
- Evaluation of cumulative prognostic scores based on the systemic inflammatory response in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancerL M Forrest
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 89:1028-30. 2003..001) was comparable in prognostic value to that based on stage and performance status (HR 1.48, 95% CI 1.12 - 1.95, P=0.006) in patients with inoperable non-small-cell lung cancer. The former is simple to measure and well standardised...
- Hypoalbuminemia in acute illness: is there a rationale for intervention? A meta-analysis of cohort studies and controlled trialsJean Louis Vincent
Department of Intensive Care, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Hopital Erasme, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Surg 237:319-34. 2003To determine whether hypoalbuminemia is an independent risk factor for poor outcome in the acutely ill, and to assess the potential of exogenous albumin administration for improving outcomes in hypoalbuminemic patients.
- Elevated C-reactive protein and hypoalbuminemia measured before resection of colorectal liver metastases predict postoperative survivalTakashi Kobayashi
Department of Surgery, Showa General Hospital, Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan
Dig Surg 27:285-90. 2010..Few studies have investigated whether the Glasgow Prognostic Score (GPS), an inflammation-based prognostic score measured before resection of colorectal liver metastasis (CRLM), can predict postoperative survival...
- Validation of an autotaxin enzyme immunoassay in human serum samples and its application to hypoalbuminemia differentiationKazuhiro Nakamura
Department of Clinical Laboratory, The University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 388:51-8. 2008..The introduction of ATX measurements into clinical laboratory testing is urgently needed...
- Influence of hypoalbuminemia or hyperalbuminemia on the serum anion gapMark Feldman
Departments of Internal Medicine and Pathology, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
J Lab Clin Med 146:317-20. 2005Conflicting data exist as to what extent hypoalbuminemia reduces the anion gap; estimates range from 1.5 to 2.5 mM per g/dL decrease in serum albumin.
- Albumin administration improves organ function in critically ill hypoalbuminemic patients: A prospective, randomized, controlled, pilot studyMarc Jacques Dubois
Department of Intensive Care, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care Med 34:2536-40. 2006To test the hypothesis that administration of albumin to correct hypoalbuminemia might have beneficial effects on organ function in a mixed population of critically ill patients.
- Linkage of hypoalbuminemia, inflammation, and oxidative stress in patients receiving maintenance hemodialysis therapyMichael Danielski
Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:286-94. 2003b>Hypoalbuminemia is a powerful predictor of cardiovascular mortality in maintenance hemodialysis patients...
- Structure of an aprataxin-DNA complex with insights into AOA1 neurodegenerative diseasePercy Tumbale
Laboratory of Structural Biology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, US National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, North Carolina, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 18:1189-95. 2011....
- Inflammatory factors for hypoalbuminemia in Japanese peritoneal dialysis patientsMasuyo Shioya
Department of Clinical Nutrition, School of Food and Nutritional Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka, Japan
Nephrology (Carlton) 18:539-44. 2013..However, the relationship between peritoneal inflammation, peritoneal transport properties and hypoalbuminaemia has not been fully elucidated...
- Hyponatremia, hypochloremia, and hypoalbuminemia predict an increased risk of mortality during the first year of antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected Zambian and Kenyan womenChristine N Dao
Division of HIV AIDS Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:1149-55. 2011..Among women with a CD4 cell count >50 cells/μl, hypoalbuminemia was also a significant predictor of mortality (aHR=3.7, 95% CI 1.4-9.8)...
- Higher serum C-reactive protein concentration and hypoalbuminemia are poor prognostic indicators in patients with esophageal cancer undergoing radiotherapyChang Yu Wang
National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Taiwan
Radiother Oncol 92:270-5. 2009..We evaluate if C-reactive protein (CRP) is an objective biomarker of esophageal cancer in patients undergoing radiotherapy...
- The effects of hypoalbuminaemia on optimizing antibacterial dosing in critically ill patientsMarta Ulldemolins
Burns, Trauma and Critical Care Research Centre, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 50:99-110. 2011..Further research that defines dosing regimens that account for such altered pharmacokinetics is recommended...
- Mutations and polymorphisms of the gene of the major human blood protein, serum albuminLorenzo Minchiotti
Department of Biochemistry A Castellani, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Hum Mutat 29:1007-16. 2008..Allotypes from three of the point mutations become N-glycosylated and one C-terminal frameshift mutation shows O-glycosylation...
- Preoperative hypoalbuminemia is an independent risk factor for the development of surgical site infection following gastrointestinal surgery: a multi-institutional studyDerek B Hennessey
Department of Surgery, Wexford General Hospital, Wexford, Ireland
Ann Surg 252:325-9. 2010..Surgical site infection (SSI) is an infection occurring in an incisional wound within 30 days of surgery and significantly effects patient recovery and hospital resources...
- Hypoalbuminemia and long-term survival after coronary artery bypass: a propensity score analysisKim I de la Cruz
Baylor College of Medicine, Michael E DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Texas Heart Institute at St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 91:671-5. 2011b>Hypoalbuminemia is associated with increased morbidity in surgical patients. The impact of low albumin level on survival in cardiac surgical patients is unknown...
- Hypoalbuminemia is a predictor of delayed postoperative bowel function and poor surgical outcomes in right-sided colon cancer patientsVarut Lohsiriwat
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Prannok Rd, Bangkoknoi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr 16:213-7. 2007..To determine the relationship between preoperative serum albumin and postoperative bowel function as well as surgical outcomes in right-sided colon cancer patients...
- Preoperative hypoalbuminemia is associated with adverse outcomes after ileoanal pouch surgeryPasha J Nisar
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:1034-41. 2012..This study examines the association between preoperative albumin and ileoanal pouch (IPAA) outcomes and the utility of serum albumin in the decision to perform a staged IPAA with an initial subtotal colectomy...
- Hypoalbuminemia is an important risk factor of hypotension during hemodialysisHidetomo Nakamoto
Department of Nephrology, Saitama Medical School, Saitama, Japan
Hemodial Int 10:S10-5. 2006..598, p=0.0016). From these data, we conclude that hypoalbuminemia is a major risk factor of hypotension during HD.
- [Some consequences of systemic inflammatory response in the pathogenesis of aggravation of outcomes of combined radiation and thermal injuries]R S Budagov
Radiats Biol Radioecol 45:191-5. 2005..15th day) was characterized with expressed postradiation leikopenia and thrombocytopenia, was accompanied by hypoalbuminemia and hyperfibrinogenemia with a moderate raise in serum ALT activity...
- Serum albumin level correlates with disease severity in patients with Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal SyndromeYoung Ok Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:696-700. 2003b>Hypoalbuminemia frequently occurs in Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome (HFRS), but clinical significance of hypoalbuminemia is not well known...
- Detection of a novel splicing mutation causing analbuminemia in a Libyan familyAmina Bibi
Biochemistry Laboratory, Children s Hospital, Bab Saadoun Square, 1007, Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Biochem 45:1183-6. 2012..Analbuminemia is a very rare autosomal recessive disorder. It is an allelic heterogeneous defect caused by a variety of mutations within the albumin gene. We describe in this report two new cases of analbuminemia in Libyans...
- Anemia, hypoalbuminemia, and renal impairment as predictors of bleeding complications in patients receiving anticoagulation therapy for nonvalvular atrial fibrillation: a secondary analysisAhmed H Abdelhafiz
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Rotherham General Hospital, Rotherham, 560 2UD, United Kingdom
Clin Ther 31:1534-9. 2009The aim of this analysis was to evaluate the roles of anemia, hypoalbuminemia, and renal impairment as independent predictors of bleeding in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF) receiving anticoagulation therapy with ..
- A simple risk score to predict in-hospital death of elderly patients with acute decompensated heart failure--hypoalbuminemia as an additional prognostic factorYoshiharu Kinugasa
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Tottori University, Yonago, Japan
Circ J 73:2276-81. 2009..Risk stratification for elderly patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) may help clinicians to select the appropriate therapy and raise the quality of care...
- Effect of albumin on diuretic response to furosemide in patients with hypoalbuminemiaThitima Doungngern
Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Songkhla, Thailand
Am J Crit Care 21:280-6. 2012..One common use of albumin is to promote diuresis. Objectives To compare urine output in patients treated with furosemide with and without albumin and to assess other variables possibly associated with enhanced diuresis...
- Hyperglycemia and hypoalbuminemia as prognostic mortality factors in patients with enteral feedingCarlos Alfredo González Infantino
Hospital de Clinicas Jose de San Martin, School of Medicine, Buenos Aires University, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nutrition 29:497-501. 2013..To determine the association of in-hospital mortality in patients with enteral feeding to their glycemic status (normoglycemia, new hyperglycemia, or diabetes) and their levels of serum albumin...
- A novel splicing mutation causes analbuminemia in a Portuguese boyGianluca Caridi
Laboratory on Pathophysiology of Uremia, Istituto Giannina Gaslini IRCCS, Genova, Italy
Mol Genet Metab 105:479-83. 2012..DNA and cDNA sequence analysis established the diagnosis of congenital analbuminemia in the proband. The effects of the so far identified splice-site mutations in the albumin gene are discussed...
- Score based on hypoalbuminemia and elevated C-reactive protein predicts survival in patients with advanced gastrointestinal cancerMaqsood M Elahi
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Nutr Cancer 48:171-3. 2004..The aim of this study is to assess the value of the combination of hypoalbuminemia and an elevated circulating concentration of C-reactive protein as a prognostic score in patients with ..
- Preoperative hypoalbuminemia is a major risk factor for acute kidney injury following off-pump coronary artery bypass surgeryEun Ho Lee
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Pungnap 2 dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
Intensive Care Med 38:1478-86. 2012..Logistic regression and propensity analyses were performed to evaluate the association between preoperative low serum albumin level and postoperative AKI...
- Leukocytosis, hypoalbuminemia, and the risk for chronic kidney disease in US adultsThomas P Erlinger
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 42:256-63. 2003..Atherosclerosis and chronic kidney disease (CKD) share several common antecedents. However, the association between inflammatory markers and incident CKD is unknown...
- A missense mutation in PIK3R5 gene in a family with ataxia and oculomotor apraxiaNada Al Tassan
Department of Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Hum Mutat 33:351-4. 2012..Our characterization of the PIK3R5 protein and findings suggest that it may play a role in the development of the cerebellum and vermis...
- Hypoalbuminemia in critically ill childrenIra N Horowitz
Department of Pediatrics, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, Illinois, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:1048-52. 2007To evaluate whether hypoalbuminemia on admission is a predictor of adverse outcome in critically ill children.
- Hypoalbuminemia in renal failure: pathogenesis and therapeutic considerationsC Haller
Medizinische Klinik I, Hegau Bodensee Klinikum, Singen, Germany
Kidney Blood Press Res 28:307-10. 2005b>Hypoalbuminemia is common in patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD). It is caused by a combination of a reduced synthesis and an increased degradation of albumin...
- QT interval prolongation and torsade de pointes induced by propofol and hypoalbuminemiaTadanobu Irie
Department of Medicine and Biological Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Int Heart J 51:365-6. 2010..with the development of torsade de pointes (TDP) during infusion of propofol in the setting of severe hypoalbuminemia. TDP developed 15 hours after the beginning of a standard infusion of propofol, following the development of ..
- Clinical significance of hypoalbuminemia in outcome of patients with scrub typhusChang Seop Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School and Research Institute of Clinical Medicine, Geumam dong, Jeonju 561180, Republic of Korea
BMC Infect Dis 10:216. 2010This study was designed to investigate the clinical significance of hypoalbuminemia as a marker of severity and mortality in patients with Scrub typhus.
- Hypoalbuminemia in a cystic fibrosis patient with severe erosive esophagitisMolly A Bozic
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, 702 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 25:304-7. 2010An 8-year-old patient with cystic fibrosis presented with hypoalbuminemia as the main symptom of severe erosive esophagitis...
- Hypoalbuminemia in the first 24h of admission is associated with organ dysfunction in burned patientsRoberto Eljaiek
Burn Intensive Care Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hotel Dieu de Montreal, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Burns 39:113-8. 2013b>Hypoalbuminemia is a common finding in burned patients, but its association with increased morbidity and mortality has not been well established...
- Pre-operative hypoalbuminemia is a major risk factor for postoperative complications following rectal cancer surgeryVarut Lohsiriwat
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Prannok Rd, Bangkok Noi, Bangkok 10700, Thailand
World J Gastroenterol 14:1248-51. 2008To determine the relationship between pre-operative hypoalbuminemia and the development of complications following rectal cancer surgery, as well as postoperative bowel function and hospital stay.
- Association of hypoalbuminemia on the first postoperative day and complications following esophagectomyAoife M Ryan
University Department of Clinical Surgery, Trinity Center for Health Sciences, St James s Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1355-60. 2007..Esophagectomy is associated with a major metabolic stress, and the aim of this study was to determine if the absolute albumin level on the first postoperative day was of value in predicting in-hospital complications...
- Putative role of endothelial lipase in dialysis patients with hypoalbuminemia and inflammationHideki Fujii
Division of Nephrology, Kidney Center, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Am J Nephrol 28:974-81. 2008..To clarify the role of EL in dialysis patients, we evaluated serum markers on the basis of the presence of hypoalbuminemia and inflammation.
- The relationship between hypoalbuminaemia, tumour volume and the systemic inflammatory response in patients with colorectal liver metastasesR Al-Shaiba
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, UK
Br J Cancer 91:205-7. 2004..001) but not percentage hepatic replacement (P=0.34). These results show that hypoalbuminaemia is associated with the presence of a systemic inflammatory response rather than tumour volume in patients with colorectal liver metastases...
- Aprataxin gene mutations in Tunisian familiesR Amouri
Institut National de Neurologie, Département de Biologie Moléculaire et de Neuropathologie, CNRS INSERM Universite Louis Pasteur, Illkirch, CHU de Strasbourg, France
Neurology 63:928-9. 2004..Two novel mutations were identified, the complete deletion of the gene, which seems to not correlate with an increased severity of the disease, and a splice mutation on the acceptor splice site of exon 7...
- Effect of tacrolimus and cyclosporine A on suppression of albumin secretion induced by inflammatory cytokines in cultured human hepatocytesY Li
Division of Nephrology, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 410011, Changsha, China
Inflamm Res 55:216-20. 2006..To investigate the effect of tacrolimus (FK506) and cyclosporine A (CSA) on albumin secretion and on the IL-6 -induced suppression of albumin synthesis in cultured human hepatocytes...
- The impact of admission hyperglycemia or hypoalbuminemia on need ventilator, time ventilated, mortality, and morbidity in critically ill trauma patientsMohammadreza Safavi
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Isfahan, Iran
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 15:120-9. 2009The aim of this study was to evaluate the value of hypoalbuminemia or hyperglycemia as predictors for need ventilator and for weaning success in critically ill trauma patients.
- Is hypoalbuminemia an independent prognostic factor in patients with gastric cancer?Andrew B C Crumley
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, G31 2ER, UK
World J Surg 34:2393-8. 2010Studies have indicated that hypoalbuminemia is associated with decreased survival of patients with gastric cancer. However, the prognostic value of albumin may be secondary to an ongoing systemic inflammatory response...
- Ataxia with oculomotor apraxia type 1 in Southern Italy: late onset and variable phenotypeC Criscuolo
Department of Neurological Sciences, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Neurology 63:2173-5. 2004..A novel homozygous missense mutation (H201Q) was found in one patient and a Japanese missense mutation (P206L) in two. AOA1 clinical heterogeneity and onset later than previously described are shown...
- Coenzyme Q deficiency and cerebellar ataxia associated with an aprataxin mutationC M Quinzii
Department of Neurology, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neurology 64:539-41. 2005..The authors' observations indicate that CoQ10 deficiency may contribute to the pathogenesis of AOA1...
- Endothelial bound lipoprotein lipase (LpL) depletion in hypoalbuminemia results from decreased endothelial binding, not decreased secretionG C Shearer
Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Mather, California 95616, USA
Kidney Int 70:647-53. 2006..The finding that NS serum alters LpL binding to RAEC suggests LpL depletion results from decreased binding rather than defective delivery. This in turn is a consequence of reduced serum albumin or pi but does not require proteinuria...
- Relationship between serum albumin level before initiating haemodialysis and angiographic severity of coronary atherosclerosis in end-stage renal disease patientsNobuhiko Joki
FJSIM, Division of Cardiology and Nephrology, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, 2 17 6, Ohashi, Tokyo 153 8515, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:1633-9. 2006..The goal of the present study was, in patients with CKD, to clarify the relationship between the angiographic severity of CAD and serum albumin concentration reflecting either inflammation or nutrition or both...
- Serum albumin: relationship to inflammation and nutritionBurl R Don
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Semin Dial 17:432-7. 2004b>Hypoalbuminemia is the result of the combined effects of inflammation and inadequate protein and caloric intake in patients with chronic disease such as chronic renal failure...
- Free mycophenolic acid should be monitored in renal transplant recipients with hypoalbuminemiaBronwyn A Atcheson
School of Pharmacy, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 26:284-6. 2004..Because MPA is highly bound, during hypoalbuminemia the total concentration no longer reflects the free (pharmacologically active) concentration...
- Septic shock secondary to scrub typhus: characteristics and complicationsLon Chan Thap
Malaria National Center, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 33:780-6. 2002..and thrombocytopenia; SGOT, ALP, direct bilirubin (DB), total billirubin (TB), BUN, Cr were elevated; hypoalbuminemia was noted. Urinalysis showed that 88.9% of the patients had albuminuria. 77...
- Total phenytoin concentrations do not accurately predict free phenytoin concentrations in critically ill childrenGerhard K Wolf
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 7:434-9; quiz 440. 2006....
- Prevalence and significance of hypoalbuminemia in an internal medicine departmentFilippo Numeroso
Department of Internal Medicine and Biomedical Sciences of University of Parma, Italy, Via Gramsci 14, 43100, Parma, Italy
Eur J Intern Med 19:587-91. 2008..Yet, no data are available in the literature about the prevalence and clinical significance of hypoalbuminemia in patients hospitalized in an internal medicine ward...
- Early severe hypoalbuminemia is an independent risk factor for intestinal failure in gastroschisisChristopher W Snyder
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0011, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 27:1155-8. 2011This study attempted to evaluate the association of early hypoalbuminemia with the risk of intestinal failure in gastroschisis patients.
- Hypoalbuminemia 3 months after hospital discharge: significance for long-term survivalDennis H Sullivan
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1222-6. 2005To determine change in albumin from hospital discharge to 3-month follow-up and the prognostic significance of persistent hypoalbuminemia in older veteran patients.
- Hypoalbuminemia and not hyperhomocysteinemia as a risk factor for dementia in hemodialysis patientsYing Chih Huang
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Chiayi, Taiwan
J Ren Nutr 18:347-54. 2008..However, the exact causes of dementia in uremic patients remain unclear. This study attempted to determine which risk factors are associated with dementia in hemodialysis patients...
- Digital clubbing in tuberculosis--relationship to HIV infection, extent of disease and hypoalbuminemiaHenry Ddungu
Department of Medicine, Makerere University and Mulago Hospital, Kampala, Uganda
BMC Infect Dis 6:45. 2006..The prevalence of clubbing in patients with pulmonary TB and its association with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), severity of disease, and nutritional status was assessed...
- High relative fat-free mass is important for maintaining serum albumin levels in patients with compensated liver cirrhosisKazuhiro Kotoh
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 11:1356-60. 2005In patients with liver cirrhosis, hypoalbuminemia causes edema and ascites, and a reduction in the quality of life...
- The relation between hypoalbuminemia and compliance and intima-media thickness of carotid artery in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis patientsDong Jin Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:70-4. 2005..serum albumin concentration was independently related to the compliance of common carotid artery, suggesting hypoalbuminemia can independently give deleterious effects on the arterial wall in continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis ..
- Hypoalbuminemia and acute kidney injury: a meta-analysis of observational clinical studiesChristian J Wiedermann
Division of Internal Medicine, Central Hospital of Bolzano, Lorenz Böhler Street 5, 39100 Bolzano, Italy
Intensive Care Med 36:1657-65. 2010To test the hypothesis that hypoalbuminemia is independently associated with increased risk of acute kidney injury (AKI).
- Hyperhomocysteinemia and its relationship to cardiovascular disease in ESRD: influence of hypoalbuminemia, malnutrition, inflammation, and diabetes mellitusMohamed E Suliman
Division of Baxter Novum, Department of Clinical Science, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Kidney Dis 41:S89-95. 2003..to CVD in patients with ESRD, and there are strong associations between inflammation, malnutrition, and hypoalbuminemia in these patients...
- The association of anemia and hypoalbuminemia with accelerated decline in GFR among adolescents with chronic kidney diseaseSusan L Furth
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Children s Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 22:265-71. 2007..The adjusted annualized decline in GFR was greater among those with either anemia (hematocrit below 36%), or hypoalbuminemia (albumin below 4 g/dl [40 g/L]). After adjustment, anemia was associated with an accelerated decline of 7...
- Comparison of an inflammation-based prognostic score (GPS) with performance status (ECOG) in patients receiving platinum-based chemotherapy for inoperable non-small-cell lung cancerL M Forrest
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow G31 2ER, Scotland, UK
Br J Cancer 90:1704-6. 2004..On multivariate analysis with ECOG, white cell count and the GPS entered as covariates, only the GPS was a significant independent predictor of survival (HR 1.88, 95% CI 1.25-2.84, P=0.002)...
- Hypoalbuminemia in elderly patients with acute diastolic heart failureStephane Arques
Department of Cardiology, Aubagne Hospital, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:712-6. 2003....
- Hypoalbuminemia predicts acute stroke mortality: Paul Coverdell Georgia Stroke RegistryBolanle Famakin
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 19:17-22. 2010..Additional knowledge about factors that contribute to mortality after stroke is important for instituting therapies to lower mortality. We sought to determine the factors that predict mortality in patients hospitalized for acute stroke...
- Increased albumin plasma efflux contributes to hypoalbuminemia only during early phase of sepsis in ratsBenoit Ruot
Centre de Recherche en Nutrition Humaine d Auvergne and Unité de Nutrition et Métabolisme Protéique, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique Theix, 63 122 Saint Genès Champanelle, France
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 284:R707-13. 2003The mechanisms leading to hypoalbuminemia in sepsis were explored by measuring plasma volume, albumin distribution, plasma albumin transcapillary escape rate (TER), and efflux (TER x albumin intravascular pool)...
- Hypoalbuminemia in acute ischemic stroke patients: frequency and correlatesT Dziedzic
Department of Neurology, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Eur J Clin Nutr 61:1318-22. 2007b>Hypoalbuminemia in acute stroke patients is associated with increased mortality and morbidity...
- The effect of albumin concentration on plasma sodium and chloride measurements in critically ill patientsDavid A Story
Department of Anaesthesia, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Anesth Analg 104:893-7. 2007..Further, we proposed that differences between indirect and direct chloride assays might be explained by interference from other plasma constituents, particularly bicarbonate, and possibly albumin...
- Diagnostic discordance for hepatitis C virus infection in hemodialysis patientsKamyar Kalantar-Zadeh
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Institute, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90502, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 46:290-300. 2005....
- Relationship between serum albumin level and aging in community-dwelling self-supported elderly populationIkuko Gom
Department of Gastroenterology, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo) 53:37-42. 2007..3 g/dL in males aged 65-69 y to 3.9 g/dL in 90< or = y, and 4.3 g/dL to 4.0 g/dL in females. Incidence of hypoalbuminemia (serum albumin < or =3.5 g/dL) increased in parallel with age from 1.2% (65-69 y) to 6...
- Low serum albumin levels in patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation: what does it mean?Yong Ming He
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou City, Jiangsu Province, 215006, P R China
Acta Cardiol 61:333-7. 2006..Previous studies demonstrated that hypoalbuminaemia significantly correlates with cardiac diseases...
- Evaluation of an inflammation-based prognostic score (GPS) in patients undergoing resection for colon and rectal cancerDonald C McMillan
University Department of Surgery, Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:881-6. 2007..The aim of the study was to examine the value of the combination of an elevated C-reactive protein and hypoalbuminaemia (GPS) in predicting cancer-specific survival after resection for colon and rectal cancer...
- Comparison of the diuretic effect of furosemide mixed with human albumin or fresh frozen plasma for patients with hypoalbuminemia in the intensive care unitChien Wei Hsu
Intensive Care Unit, Department of Medicine, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan ROC
J Nephrol 19:621-7. 2006Diuretics are commonly used in the intensive care unit (ICU) for patients with fluid over-loading. Hypoalbuminemia is a major cause of diuretic resistance...
- Comparison of three different methods of evaluation of metabolic acid-base disordersArnaldo Dubin
Servicio de Terapia Intensiva, Sanatorio Otamendi y Miroli, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Crit Care Med 35:1264-70. 2007....
- Effect of hypoalbuminemia on the increased serum cholesteryl ester transfer protein concentration in children with idiopathic nephrotic syndromeChunni Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medicine, Nanjing University, 210002, Nanjing, PR China
Clin Biochem 40:869-75. 2007..To examine the alteration of cholesteryl ester transfer protein (CETP) mass with the regression of albumin level in childhood nephrotic syndrome (NS) in order to clarify the effect of albumin on CETP in NS...
- A pilot study on tacrolimus treatment in membranous or quiescent lupus nephritis with proteinuria resistant to angiotensin inhibition or blockadeK C Tse
Nephrology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Lupus 16:46-51. 2007....
- Recently published papers: putting fluids in and taking fluids outCatriona J M Shaw
Department of Nephrology, Worthing General Hospital, Lyndhurst Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN11 2DH, UK
Crit Care 10:179. 2006..Finally, a large multicentred trial comparing continuous venovenous haemofiltration with intermittent haemodialysis is outlined, the results of which pose more questions than answers...
- Haemoglobin and albumin as markers of HIV disease progression in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era: relationships with genderS Shah
Department of Thoracic Medicine, Royal Free Centre for HIV Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School and Royal Free Hospital, Rowland Hill Street, London, UK
HIV Med 8:38-45. 2007..The aims of the study were to describe gender differences in haemoglobin and albumin and to investigate the prognostic value of these measurements in relation to highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Albumin therapy in clinical practiceChristian M Mendez
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Louisville Medical Center, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Nutr Clin Pract 20:314-20. 2005..United States, the indications for which albumin therapy are considered include hypovolemia or shock, burns, hypoalbuminemia, surgery or trauma, cardiopulmonary bypass, acute respiratory distress syndrome, hemodialysis, and ..
- Treatment of diuretic refractory pleural effusions with bevacizumab in four patients with primary systemic amyloidosisRobert J Hoyer
Division of Hematology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hematol 82:409-13. 2007..Additional studies are needed to further define the role of bevacizumab in the management of this group of patients...
- Megestrol acetate in a moderate dose for the treatment of malnutrition-inflammation complex in maintenance dialysis patientsMeenakshi Rammohan
General Clinical Research Center, Division of Nephrology, Hypertension, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
J Ren Nutr 15:345-55. 2005..Megestrol acetate, 800 mg/day, has been shown to increase appetite and food intake and to mitigate inflammation in cachectic AIDS and cancer patients, leading to weight gain, but it is also associated with side effects at this dose...
- An anti-inflammatory and antioxidant nutritional supplement for hypoalbuminemic hemodialysis patients: a pilot/feasibility studyKamyar Kalantar-Zadeh
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Los Angeles Biomedical Institute at Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509 2910, USA
J Ren Nutr 15:318-31. 2005..8 g/dL, a marker of malnutrition-inflammation complex syndrome, is observed in approximately half of all maintenance hemodialysis (MHD) patients in the United States and is strongly associated with increased mortality...
- Albumin administration in the management of neonatal hypoalbuminaemiaI Morris
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 93:F326. 2008
- Prevalence of acidosis and inflammation and their association with low serum albumin in chronic kidney diseaseJoseph A Eustace
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Kidney Int 65:1031-40. 2004..Low serum albumin is a strong risk factor for mortality, but its association with low serum bicarbonate and inflammation in the setting of mild to moderately decreased kidney function is uncertain...
- Significant association of serum albumin with severity of retinopathy and neuropathy, in addition to that of nephropathy, in Japanese type 2 diabetic patientsTomoyuki Iwasaki
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama City University, Yokohama, Japan
Endocr J 55:311-6. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine the association between serum albumin and the severity of microvascular complications and presence of coronary artery disease in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Increased albumin and fibrinogen synthesis rate in patients with chronic renal failureBerthil H C M T Prinsen
Department of Vascular Medicine and Metabolism, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 64:1495-504. 2003b>Hypoalbuminemia and hyperfibrinogenemia are frequently observed in patients with chronic renal failure (CRF) and are both associated with cardiovascular diseases...
- Downregulation of nitric oxide synthase in nephrotic syndrome: role of proteinuriaZhenmin Ni
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1638:129-37. 2003..These observations challenge the conventional view attributing sodium retention in NS to a hypoalbuminemia-induced intravascular volume contraction...
- Hypoalbuminemia is a marker of overhydration in chronic maintenance patients on dialysisFrancis Dumler
Division of Nephrology, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073 6703, USA
ASAIO J 49:282-6. 2003b>Hypoalbuminemia is an important risk factor for increased morbidity and mortality in patients on dialysis. Hypoalbuminemia is usually attributed to malnutrition or a state of chronic inflammation...
- Trends and outcomes associated with serum albumin concentration among incident dialysis patients in the United StatesGeorge A Kaysen
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine, University of California at Davis, Davis, California, USA
J Ren Nutr 18:323-31. 2008..To explore whether changing demographics and practice patterns in dialysis have influenced serum albumin concentrations, we analyzed trends in serum albumin among incident patients on dialysis from 1995 through 2004...
- Hypoalbuminaemia in critically ill children: incidence, prognosis, and influence on the anion gapA Durward
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
Arch Dis Child 88:419-22. 2003..We examine this phenomenon in critically ill children, documenting the incidence, early evolution, and prognosis of hypoalbuminaemia (<33 g/l), and quantify its influence on the anion gap...
- Dyslipidemia in pediatric nephrotic syndrome: causes revisitedEdgard E Delvin
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Ste Justine Hospital, University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Clin Biochem 36:95-101. 2003
- [Albumin and its use]Dagmara Reingardiene
Kauno medicinos universiteto Intensyviosios terapijos klinika, Eiveniu 2, 3007 Kaunas
Medicina (Kaunas) 38:349-52; quiz 353. 2002..There are at the present time no clear indications for A administration. Albumin can be used only as a second-choice infusion solution when other products are not indicated, are contraindicated or have been used up their maximum dose...
- The relationship between serum albumin and hydration status in hemodialysis patientsColin H Jones
Department of Renal Medicine, York District Hospital, York, United Kingdom
J Ren Nutr 12:209-12. 2002A decreased serum albumin level predicts poor survival in end-stage renal failure. Hypoalbuminemia is multifactorial and related to poor nutrition, inflammation, and comorbid disease...
- Correction of the anion gap for albumin in order to detect occult tissue anions in shockM Hatherill
Paediatric Intensive Care Unit, School of Child and Adolescent Health, University of Cape Town, and Red Cross War Memorial Childrenrsquo, South Africa
Arch Dis Child 87:526-9. 2002..It is believed that hypoalbuminaemia confounds interpretation of the anion gap (AG) unless corrected for serum albumin in critically ill children with shock...
- Supplementation with Alfacalcidol increases protein intake and serum albumin concentration in patients undergoing hemodialysis with hpoalbumineamiaKatsuhiko Yonemura
Hemodialysis Unit, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Blood Purif 22:210-5. 2004We have reported that vitamin D deficiency may be implicated in the pathogenesis of hypoalbuminemia observed in patients with end-stage renal disease, but the mechanism remains to be clarified...
- Nailing the evidenceGreg S Martin
Chest 132:2055; author reply 2055-6. 2007
- Evaluation of use of human albumin in critically ill dogs: 73 cases (2003-2006)Amy V Trow
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Emergency and Critical Care, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 233:607-12. 2008..To evaluate the use of human albumin in critically ill dogs. Design-Retrospective case series...
- MECHANISMS OF HYPOALBUMINEMIA IN ENDSTAGE RENAL DISEASEGeorge Kaysen; Fiscal Year: 2001..While hypoalbuminemia is the most powerful predictor of death in ESRD, the cause of hypoalbuminemia in these patients is ..
- THERAPY IN DIALYSIS HYPOALBUMINEMIA AND HOMOCYSTEINEMIAJoseph Eustace; Fiscal Year: 2004..b>Hypoalbuminemia, the strongest predictor of mortality on dialysis, is related to a combination of nutritional, inflammatory ..
- Mesonephric Model of Podocyte Injury and RegenerationWeibin Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2012..Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is a kidney disease characterized by proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, edema, and hyperlipidemia, due to the disruption of renal glomerular filtration barrier (GFB) function...
- Mesonephric Model of Podocyte Injury and RegenerationWeibin Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is a kidney disease characterized by proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia, edema, and hyperlipidemia, due to the disruption of renal glomerular filtration barrier (GFB) function...
- Discover and functionally characterize full-penetrance causes of nephrosis/FSGSFriedhelm Hildebrandt; Fiscal Year: 2013..Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is defined by significant proteinuria, resulting in hypoalbuminemia and edema...
- Glucocorticoid Receptor Function in Steroid Resistant Childhood Nephrotic SyndromJORGE A INIGUEZ LLUHI; Fiscal Year: 2010Nephrotic Syndrome, characterized by massive proteinuria, hypoalbuminemia and edema, is one of the most frequently seen kidney diseases in children...
- GENETIC ANALYSIS OF LUPUS AUTOIMMUNITYJudith James; Fiscal Year: 2000..and clinical features reminiscent of human lupus including proteinuria, red cell casts, renal insufficiency, hypoalbuminemia, thrombocytopenia, alopecia, and seizures...
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Vascular Disease and AgingMark J Sarnak; Fiscal Year: 2011..of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study with the broad aims of evaluating risk factors for kidney failure, hypoalbuminemia and cardiovascular disease at the time of kidney failure, and all cause mortality in 15 years of follow-up...
- NC/OFQ analogs as ORL1 agonists to promote gut motilityMARK FINDEIS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Delay in resuming normal diet is associated with increased catabolism, risk of malnourishment, hypoalbuminemia, and poor healing...
- ALCOHOL, NUTRITION, AND IMMUNOMODULATIONCraig McClain; Fiscal Year: 2000..the metabolic abnormalities/complications of AIDS and ALD including anorexia, cachexia, immune suppression, hypoalbuminemia, increased acute phase reactants and edema, to name only a few...
- Nutritional Formulation to Target Muscle Loss in CKD PatientsSharon Miller; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Hypoalbuminemia and muscle wasting are important predictors of mortality and morbidity in patients with latter stage chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- MODIFICATION OF DIET IN RENAL DISEASE STUDYCHARLES TISHER; Fiscal Year: 1993..73 m2. Exclusion criteria include pregnancy, history of poor medical compliance, abnormal body weight, hypoalbuminemia, proteinuria greater than 10 grams/24 hours, uncontrolled hypertension, insulin requiring diabetes mellitus, ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF IDIOPATHIC NEPHROTIC SYNDROMEAbhay Vats; Fiscal Year: 2005..from the application) Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is characterized by massive loss of protein in the urine, hypoalbuminemia and generalized swelling...
- Impact of Care during CRI on outcomes and costTHOMAS CHRISTIAN MIX; Fiscal Year: 2002..The specific aims of this project are: 1) Determine the prevalence and predictors of anemia and hypoalbuminemia among pediatric patients at initiation of dialysis; 2) Determine the clinical outcomes and cost associated ..
- Anti-Inflammatory and Anti-Oxidative Nutrition in Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2008..Because markers of malnutrition-inflammation-cachexia syndrome (MICS) such as hypoalbuminemia of <3...
- Nutritional/Inflammatory Evaluation of Dialysis PatientsKamyar Kalantar Zadeh; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PS06-011, HIV Prevention Research with HIV+ Incarcerated PopulationsFrederick Altice; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Directly Observed Therapy for Community-Released HIV-positive PrisonersFrederick Altice; Fiscal Year: 2008..It is therefore likely that the stated aim will be successfully accomplished, despite the challenges of working with prisoners and drug-using populations. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTEIN NUTRITION IN EXPERIMENTAL UREMIAWILLIAM MITCH; Fiscal Year: 2005..Our results will uncover cellular mechanisms regulating protein turnover in uremia and other catabolic conditions. ..
- Molecular Analysis of Ureteric RefluxRobert Mak; Fiscal Year: 2006..A clinical database of primary VUR and RN will be set up to establish correlations between biomarkers and phenotype and to test the sensitivity and specificity of these markers for detecting primary VUR and RN. ..
- SMAD SIGNALING IN ANGIOTENSIN II-MEDIATED RENAL FIBROSISWILLIAM MITCH; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Improving Health Outcomes for Released HIV+ PrisonersFrederick Altice; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Urinary Biomarkers for Steroid Resistant Nephrotic SyndrRobert Mak; Fiscal Year: 2005..We believe that data from the current study will improve our diagnostic and therapeutic strategy and may provide clues to the pathogenetic significance of the identified biomarkers. ..
- DIRECTLY OBSERVED ANTI RETROVIRAL THERAPY AMONG ACTIVE DFrederick Altice; Fiscal Year: 2004..Secondary measures of interest include quality of life measures, health care utilization and entry into drug treatment. ..
- Dietary Protein Requirements in Hemodialysis PatientsJoel Kopple; Fiscal Year: 2007..Before and after these 5 months, total body protein will be assessed by TBNuf, body cell mass (TBK), and other components of body composition using anthropometry, DXA, and near infra-red interactance. ..
- Renal medullary COX-2 in blood pressure controlTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..The information resulted from these studies will provide new insight into the molecular mechanism responsible for long-term control of arterial blood pressure. ..
- Predictors of Nephropathy in Type 2 DiabetesJulie Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..D., Ph.D., a leading investigator in the field of nutritional epidemiology. This project proposal will provide the foundation for the candidate's future career as an independent and successful clinical scientist in renal research. ..
- Angiotensin II Receptor Blockade and Chronic RejectionBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Biomarkers in the progression of nephropathy in type 2DMJulie Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..Data on how these modifiable biomarkers are related to kidney function decline could have an important and beneficial impact on treatment and monitoring of nephropathy in type 2 diabetes in the near future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- "MENTORED PATIENT-ORIENTED RESEARCH CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD"Allon Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- C/EBP BETA IN HEPATOCYTE GENE EXPRESSION & PROLIFERATIONMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Combination fusion toxin and cytarabine therapy of AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate these studies should provide the basis for the design and implementation of pivotal multi-institutional phase II and III trials of DTGM/cytarabine therapy for relapsed/refractory AML. ..
- Interaction of COX-2 AND nNOS in renin secretion (R01)Tianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HEPATIC FIBROSIS: MOLECULAR MECHANISMSMario Chojkier; Fiscal Year: 2009..The regulation of FLIPL activity by MAPK-RSK-C/EBP( signaling in stellate cells. 2. The role of C/EBP( phosphorylation on stellate cell survival. 3. The modulation of stellate cell survival in C/EBP(Glu217 transgenic mice. ..
- Targeting protein synthesis in AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will hopefully lead to the design of pivotal phase II and III clinical trials which will define the role of DT388IL3 in the management of AML. ..
- Clinical Translational Research in Transplant NephrologyBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will also work to meet the NIH's goal of increasing the number of physician-scientists conducting high-quality patient-oriented research. ..
- Interaction of COX-2 and nNOS in renin secretionTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Generation of Collecting Duct Knockout of PPARgammaTianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2006..New information provided by this proposal is expected to provide insights into the roles of PPARgamma in regulation of fluid balance and in mediation of the side effects of TDZ. ..
- RAGE and GlomerulosclerosisVIVETTE D AGATI; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose that identification of RAGE-dependent mechanisms in glomerular diseases may lead to novel therapies to prevent, stabilize or reverse the course of chronic GS. ..
- Diphtheria fusion protein therapy of AMLARTHUR FRANKEL; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies should lead to the design of pivotal phase II clinical trials to determine the role of this therapeutic in AML management. ..
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..
- E M Transdifferentiation in Proximal Tubule CellsBryan Becker; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Defibrotide for the treatment of severe hepatic veno-cc*Paul Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abstract Not Provided ..
- Mechanisms of Hawthorn Action in Heart FailureBarry Bleske; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results from this study will have important translation to both the basic and clinical research settings. ..
- Estrogen, Inflammation and Cardiovascular RiskDavid Reuben; Fiscal Year: 2003..These findings may provide substantial insight into why CEE appears to promote early but protect against late cardiovascular effects. ..
- Biological Markers of Recovery for the KidneyJohn A Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2010..For analyses requiring serial samples and urine samples, we propose to study a subset of trial patients enrolled at 5 sites who consent to additional sample collection (208 patients) ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Systems Engineering of Pheresis Intervention for SepsisJohn Kellum; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also call on the expertise of two companies, one specializing in adsorbent polymer technology (MedaSorb Technologies, LLC) and the other in complex systems modeling (Immunetrics, Inc.). ..