Genomes and Genes
Summary: A condition in which total serum protein level is below the normal range. Hypoproteinemia can be caused by protein malabsorption in the gastrointestinal tract, EDEMA, or PROTEINURIA.
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Renal transitional cell carcinoma and choristoma in a degu (Octodon degus)Patrick A Lester
Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0614, USA
Contemp Top Lab Anim Sci 44:41-4. 2005..Laboratory analyses revealed leukocytosis with neutrophilia and anemia; hypoproteinemia and hypoalbuminemia; hyperglycemia, hyperphosphatemia, and elevated alanine aminotransferase, blood urea ..
- Pressure sores and blood and serum dysmetabolism in spinal cord injury patientsG Scivoletto
Spinal Cord Unit, IRCCS Fondazione S Lucia, Rome, Italy
Spinal Cord 42:473-6. 2004..haematocrit, increased white cells and ferritin and decreased transferrin and transferrin saturation; total hypoproteinemia and hypoalbuminemia with increased Alfa-1 and gamma globulins increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-..
- A combination therapy with copper nicotinate complex reduces the adverse effects of 5-fluorouracil on patients with hepatocellular carcinomaMuhammad A M El-Saadani
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Alexandria University, Egypt
J Exp Ther Oncol 4:19-24. 2004..In conclusion the combination with CuCl (HNA)2 given in such a dosage schedule mitigated the most frequent toxicities associating 5-FU administration and enhanced defense mechanisms against oxidative stress...
- A randomized, controlled trial of furosemide with or without albumin in hypoproteinemic patients with acute lung injuryGreg S Martin
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Crit Care Med 33:1681-7. 2005OBJECTIVE: Hypoproteinemia is a common condition in critically ill patients, associated with the development of acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome and subsequent worse clinical outcomes...
- Edema, anemia, hypoproteinemia, and acrodermatitis enteropathica: an uncommon initial presentation of cystic fibrosisAntonio E Muñiz
Department of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, VA 23298 0401, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 20:112-4. 2004..Less frequently, the presenting features in infants may include edema, anemia, hypoproteinemia, and acrodermatitis enteropathica...
- Sodium fluoride-induced hypoproteinemia and hypoglycemia in parental and F(1)-generation rats and amelioration by vitaminsR J Verma
Department of Zoology, University School of Sciences, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad 380 009, India
Food Chem Toxicol 40:1781-8. 2002..It is concluded that co-treatment with vitamins C, D and C+D+E were found more effective in ameliorating NaF-induced effects than vitamin E and withdrawal of NaF treatment during lactation...
- Familial hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia caused by deficiency of the neonatal Fc receptor, FcRn, due to a mutant beta2-microglobulin geneManzoor A Wani
Department of Internal Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5084-9. 2006..hypercatabolism and reduced serum levels of albumin and IgG in the two siblings with familial hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia. This experiment of nature affirms our hypothesis that FcRn binds IgG and albumin, salvages both from a ..
- Hypoproteinemia in severe childhood atopic dermatitis: a serious complicationIchiro Nomura
Department of Allergy, National Children's Hospital, Taishido, Setagayaku, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 13:287-94. 2002As a complication of atopic dermatitis (AD), the incidence of hypoproteinemia is increasing among infants with severe AD in Japan...
- Hypoproteinemia, strong-ion difference, and acid-base status in critically ill patientsP Wilkes
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Appl Physiol 84:1740-8. 1998The present study was a prospective, nonrandomized, observational examination of the relationship among hypoproteinemia and electrolyte and acid-base status in a critical care population of patients...
- A 17-month-old boy with periorbital swellingJimmy Ko
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology and the Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 93:220-6. 2004
- Effect of hydroxyethyl starch infusion on colloid oncotic pressure in hypoproteinemic horsesP A Jones
Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, New Bolton Center, University of Pennsylvania, Kennett Square, PA 19348, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 218:1130-5. 2001..Results of comparison of pi meas to piA + G after HES infusion suggest that a significant oncotic effect was maintained for 24 hours in the study horses...
- Serum protein electrophoresis in retired racing GreyhoundsManena Fayos
College of Veterinary Medicine, , Spain
Vet Clin Pathol 34:397-400. 2005..These results should be kept in mind when evaluating both healthy and sick Greyhounds. Additional studies are needed to identify the individual proteins associated with low alpha- and beta-globulin concentrations in Greyhounds...
- Evaluation of fructosamine in dogs and cats with hypo- or hyperproteinaemia, azotaemia, hyperlipidaemia and hyperbilirubinaemiaC E Reusch
Clinic for Small Animal Internal Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Vet Rec 148:370-6. 2001..No significant changes in fructosamine were detected in dogs or cats with hyperproteinaemia or hyperbilirubinaemia, or in cats with hyperlipidaemia or azotaemia...
- Features and prognoses of infantile patients with atopic dermatitis hospitalized for severe complicationsNorito Katoh
Department of Dermatology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine Graduatw School of Medical Science, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, Japan
J Dermatol 33:827-32. 2006..They were complicated by hypoproteinemia, hypovolemia, thrombocytosis, reduced serum immunoglobulin G, elevated serum liver enzymes and growth ..
- Albumin and furosemide therapy in hypoproteinemic patients with acute lung injuryGreg S Martin
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Crit Care Med 30:2175-82. 2002OBJECTIVE: Hypoproteinemia, fluid retention, and weight gain are associated with development of acute lung injury and mortality in critically ill patients, without proof of cause and effect...
- [Congenital intestinal lymphangiectasia: a rare differential diagnosis in hypoproteinemia in infants]A Moller
Westfälisches Kinderzentrum Dortmund, Klinikum Dortmund gGmbH, Beurhausstrasse 40, 44137 Dortmund
Klin Padiatr 218:224-5. 2006..CONCLUSION: In newborns with low level of serum protein and edema protein-losing enteropathy caused by congenital lymphangiectasia might be considered as a differential diagnosis...
- [Protein losing enteropathy (PLE) detected by Tc99m-labelled human serum albumin abdominal scintigraphy--case report]Alicja Hubalewska-Hoła
Katedra i Klinika Endokrynologii, Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 60:606-8. 2003..An 4-year-old girl was presented to an outside Pediatric Department due to hypoproteinemia and recurrent pneumonia which had caused several prior hospitalizations...
- Fluid balance in acute lung injury: a model of clinical trial developmentRenee D Stapleton
Crit Care Med 33:1857-8. 2005
- Effects of phenylbutazone alone or in combination with flunixin meglumine on blood protein concentrations in horsesShannon K Reed
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, 65211, USA
Am J Vet Res 67:398-402. 2006..RESULTS: 1 horse was euthanatized with severe hypoproteinemia, hypoalbuminemia, and colitis during the combination treatment...
- [Nephrotic syndrome]Hitoshi Sugiyama
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry
Nippon Rinsho 63:521-5. 2005
- [A rare cause of peripheral edema: exudative lymphocytic gastritis induced hypoprotidemia]Richard Montagnac
Service de néphrologie hémodialyse, Centre hospitalier de Troyes, 10003 Troyes cedex, France
Nephrol Ther 3:107-12. 2007..Etiology and pathogeny remain still unknown but proton pump gastric inhibitors are an effective treatment...
- [A special case of swollen lower limb]O Bonny
Klinik und Poliklinik für Nephrologie und Hypertonie, Inselspital, Bern
Ther Umsch 61:691-5. 2004..The general practitioner must keep in mind a broad range of causes when seeing every-day-patients with peripheral edema, although the correct etiology can be found easily in most cases...
- Nonventilatory treatments for acute lung injury and ARDSCarolyn S Calfee
University of California, San Francisco, Pulmonary and Critical Care Division, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Chest 131:913-20. 2007..This article reviews these developments and other recent research on the optimal nonventilatory management of patients with ALI...
- Giardiasis as the cause of oedema and hypoproteinaemia in a childFigen Ozcay
Department of Pediatrics, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ann Trop Paediatr 22:63-5. 2002..The importance of considering giardiasis in patients with hypoproteinaemia of obscure aetiology is emphasised...
- Protein-losing gastropathy associated with autoimmune disease: successful treatment with prednisoloneToshihiro Aoki
First Department of Internal Medicine. Department of Pathology, Miyazaki Medical College, Kiyotake, Japan
J Gastroenterol 37:204-9. 2002..Blood examination revealed hypoproteinemia, hypoalbuminemia, and hypercholesteremia...
- Peripheral edemaShaun Cho
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, California, USA
Am J Med 113:580-6. 2002..Specific etiologies are reviewed to compare the diseases that manifest this common physical sign. Finally, we review the clinical approach to diagnosis and treatment strategies...
- Serum copper and zinc concentrations and their relation to superoxide dismutase in severe malnutritionSavitri Thakur
Department of Paediatrics, King George's Medical University, Lucknow, India
Eur J Pediatr 163:742-4. 2004....
- Utilization of knockout mice to examine the potential role of gastric histamine H2-receptors in Menetrier's diseaseToshiki Ogawa
Department of Applied Pharmacology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical University, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 91:61-70. 2003Menetrier's disease is characterized by giant gastric folds with foveolar hyperplasia and cystic dilatation, hypoproteinemia, and enhanced mucus secretion...
- Hemodynamic study of serial double-filtration plasmapheresisJiann-Horng Yeh
Department of Neurology, Shin Kong Wu Ho-Su Memorial Hospital, 95 Wen-Chang Road, Shih-Lin District, Taipei, Taiwan
J Clin Apher 17:33-7. 2002..However, analogous albumin removal rate was not correlated with these hemodynamic parameters. In conclusion, our results confirm that hypoproteinemia is an important factor for contributing to unstable hemodynamics during serial DFP.
- Menetrier's disease treated with octreotide long-acting releaseBryan T Green
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3913, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:1028-9. 2004
- Effect of albumin and Hespan on rodent hepatocyte function after hemorrhagic shock and sepsisAngie L Vlahos
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
J Trauma 59:583-8. 2005..The mechanism remains cryptic; studies on human hepatocytes are needed...
- Enteric dysfunction in patients with asymptomatic HIV-infection versus patients with hypoproteinemia/hypalbuminemia and advanced HIV-infectionJ C Wasmuth
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Bonn, Germany
Eur J Med Res 7:536-42. 2002It is unclear whether enteric dysfunction and protein losses contribute to hypoproteinemia, which heralds poor survival in HIV infection.
- [Albumin--biological functions and clinical significance]A Miller
Postepy Hig Med Dosw 55:17-36. 2001..These problems are discussed through out this paper...
- Celiac crisis in the modern eraRichard L Mones
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Goryeb Children's Hospital/Atlantic Health, 100 Madison Ave, Box 82, Morristown, NJ 07962, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:480-3. 2007
- [Recognizing and understanding disorders: edema as the primary symptom]Udo K Lindner
Pflege Z 61:48-51. 2008
- Acute widespread oedema, hypoproteinaemia and generalized morphoeaR F Rose
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:303-4. 2005
- Histiocytic sarcoma of the spleen in flat-coated retrievers with regenerative anaemia and hypoproteinaemiaJ Dobson
Department of Clinical Veterinary Medicine, The Queen's Veterinary School Hospital, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0ES
Vet Rec 158:825-9. 2006..It is postulated that the dogs' anaemia was due to erythrophagocytosis, either directly by neoplastic cells or by reactive macrophages...
- Improvement in fresh frozen plasma transfusion practice: results of an outcome auditN Kakkar
Department of Pathology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Punjab, India
Transfus Med 14:231-5. 2004..Local hospital transfusion committees can play a vital role in overseeing transfusion practices to ensure optimal use of blood/component therapy...
- [Difficulties in diagnosis of glutenic enteropathy in the elderly]I V Egorov
Klin Med (Mosk) 81:65-8. 2003
- Juvenile polyposis in an Ethiopian familyDebela Chali
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health, Medical Faculty, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 44:301-7. 2006..months, diagnosed to have juvenile polyposis is presented The condition was complicated by severe anemia and hypoproteinemia. Following abdominal surgery (subtotal colectomy, ileoproctostomy and proctoscopic diathermy of rectal polyps)..
- Complications associated with symptomatic diagnosis in infants with cystic fibrosisFrank J Accurso
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, The Children's Hospital, Denver, Colorado 80218, USA
J Pediatr 147:S37-41. 2005..lt;3rd percentile), positive Pseudomonas aeruginosa culture results, and hypoelectrolytemia or edema and hypoproteinemia. RESULTS: For infants (age <12 months), 70% of patients with SYMP had at least 1 complication or ..
- A reappraisal of the criteria to diagnose plasma leakage in dengue hemorrhagic feverS Balasubramanian
Department of Pediatrics, Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital, 12A, Nageswara Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600 034, India
Indian Pediatr 43:334-9. 2006..Among the DHF cases, hemoconcentration (>20%) was detected in 20 cases (57.14%), hypoproteinemia in 11 (31.42%) and clinical evidence of pleural effusion and or ascites in 25 (71.42%)...
- Molecular diagnosis of analbuminemia: a novel mutation identified in two Amerindian and two Turkish familiesMonica Galliano
Department of Biochemistry A. Castellani, , 27100 Pavia, Italy
Clin Chem 48:844-9. 2002..The predicted translation product would consist of 54 amino acid residues. CONCLUSIONS: The AT deletion at nucleotides 2430-2431 is a novel mutation associated with analbuminemia...
- 15-Month-old infant with failure to thrive, hepatomegaly, increased liver enzymes, hypoproteinemia, and seizuresLewis A Barness
Department of Pediatrics, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
Am J Med Genet A 116:391-8. 2003
- Acrodermatitis enteropathica-like eruption and failure to thrive as presenting signs of cystic fibrosisDaniel Zedek
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 0001, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:S5-8. 2008..The patient had growth retardation, developed an erythematous eruption unresponsive to oral zinc, and finally a generalized erosive dermatitis with associated edema, anemia and hypoproteinemia.
- A previously undescribed form of congenital disorder of glycosylation with variable presentation in siblings: early fetal loss with hydrops fetalis, and infant death with hypoproteinemiaF A McKenzie
Hunter Genetics, Hunter New England Health, Newcastle, Australia
Am J Med Genet A 143:2029-34. 2007..CDG must be considered in the differential diagnosis of hydrops fetalis, congenital hypoproteinemia and death in early infancy, particularly when associated with dysmorphic features.
- Understanding and managing fluid balance in patients with acute lung injuryCharmaine A Lewis
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 10:13-7. 2004..RECENT FINDINGS: Hypoproteinemia is a clear marker for ALI/ARDS and may play a pathophysiologic role given its independent prognostic value...
- Warning of high-flux hemodialysisT Takenaka
Shinjuku Suimei Clinic, Tokyo, Japan
Ren Fail 23:819-25. 2001..Our data that although high-flux HD failed to induce significant drops in blood pressure, it elicited greater magnitude of decreases in blood volume, implicate the judicious application of high-flux HD...
- Segmental dilatation of the ileum accompanying hypoproteinemiaLevent Elemen
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Istanbul German Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 43:e15-8. 2008..We present a case of SID causing hypoproteinemia.
- [Report of a case with protein-losing gastroenteropathy]Xin-lin Hou
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 41:479. 2003
- Infants of mothers with HELLP syndrome compensate intrauterine growth retardation faster than unaffected premature infants: does HELLP change fetal programming?Thomas Brune
University Children s Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Biol Neonate 82:174-80. 2002..To investigate the influence of HELLP (hemolysis, elevated liver enzymes and low platelet count) pregnancies on the postpartal course and further development of the neonate...
- Spontaneous pregnancy and partial recovery of pituitary function in a patient with Sheehan's syndromeTing-Ting See
Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Department of Internal Medicine, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Panchiao, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
J Chin Med Assoc 68:187-90. 2005..It is crucial to institute adequate hormone-replacement therapy during pregnancy, since hypopituitarism is associated with high fetal and maternal morbidity and mortality...
- [A case of pulmonary Nocardia farcinica infection in a patient with non-tuberculous mycobacteriosis]H Ohnishi
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Nishi-Kobe Medical Center
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 74:274-7. 2000..Laboratory findings showed mild hypoproteinemia and elevated sedimentation rate...
- Biochemical nutritional indicators in children with protein energy malnutrition attending Kanti Children Hospital, Kathmandu, NepalS K Mishra
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Kantipur Dental College, Kathmandu, Nepal shravanmishra11 yahoo com
Kathmandu Univ Med J (KUMJ) 7:129-34. 2009..Especially Protein Energy Malnutrition (PEM) in Nepal is a very common problem in children under fi ve years of age. There are number biochemical parameters which become altered during protein energy malnutrition...
- Disseminated histoplasmosis in an African pygmy hedgehogTimothy A Snider
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 232:74-6. 2008..A 2-year-old captive-bred sexually intact female African pygmy hedgehog (Atelerix albiventris) was evaluated because of vague signs of illness including inappetence, weakness, lethargy, and weight loss over a 20-day period...
- Endocapillary proliferative glomerulonephritis with crescent formation and concurrent tubulointerstitial nephritis complicating retroperitoneal fibrosis with a high serum level of IgG4K Katano
Department of Internal Medicine, Fujita Memorial Hospital, Fukui, Japan
Clin Nephrol 68:308-14. 2007..Her laboratory data revealed a high serum level of IgG4, renal injury, hypoproteinemia, hypocomplementemia, a positive finding of circulating immunocomplex (CIC), and negative findings ..
- [A SLE case with toxic shock syndrome after delivery]A Kadoya
Department of Internal Medicine, Kitasato University, School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 70:1279-83. 1996..due to fever, diarrhea, erosive rash, pericardial effusion, myalgia, low blood pressure, thrombocytopenia and hypoproteinemia which appeared two days after transvaginal delivery...
- Spectrum of childhood nephrotic syndrome in Iran: A single center studyA Safaei
Department of Pediatrics, Guilan University of Medical Science, Rasht, IR, Iran
Indian J Nephrol 19:87-90. 2009..NS) is a clinical entity characterized by massive loss of urinary protein (primarily albuminuria) leading to hypoproteinemia (hypoalbuminemia) and its result, edema...
- The influence of thymoquinone on doxorubicin-induced hyperlipidemic nephropathy in ratsO A Badary
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, Al Azhar University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Toxicology 143:219-26. 2000..of DOX (6 mg/kg) induced a severe nephrotic syndrome (after 5 weeks) associated with hypoalbuminemia, hypoproteinemia, elevated serum urea, hyperlipidemia, and a high urinary excretion of protein, albumin and N-acetyl-beta-D-..
- Disseminated mycobacteriosis in patients with severe hematologic disordersH Funada
Protected Environment Unit, Kanazawa University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 65:1297-303. 1991..Fever was the most common clinical symptom. Chest X-ray abnormalities, hypoproteinemia, liver dysfunction, and hypoxemia were noted in most cases...
- A case of Cronkhite-Canada syndrome: remission after treatment with anti-Helicobacter pylori regimenKenta Okamoto
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki National Medical Center, Omura, Japan
Digestion 78:82-7. 2008..Laboratory investigations showed mild anemia, hypoproteinemia and hypoalbuminemia...
- An evaluation of modified case definitions for the detection of dengue hemorrhagic fever. Puerto Rico Association of EpidemiologistsJ G Rigau-Perez
Dengue Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, San Juan, Puerto Rico
P R Health Sci J 18:347-52. 1999..manifestation, and plasma leakage evidenced by hemoconcentration > or = 20%, pleural or abdominal effusions, hypoproteinemia or hypoalbuminemia...
- [Usefulness of the quantification of the alpha-1 serous protein band in the screening of alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency]M Miravitlles
Servicio de Neumologia, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Arch Bronconeumol 34:536-40. 1998..Although alpha-1 serum protein is widely known to accompany AAT deficiency, the diagnostic utility of measuring the alpha-1 band to screen for this condition has not been assessed in the literature...
- Value of autopsy in nonimmune hydrops fetalis: series of 51 stillborn fetusesMaria M Rodriguez
Department of Pathology, Division of Pediatric Pathology, University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital, Holtz Center 2142, 1611 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 5:365-74. 2002..It is helpful to alert physicians about the presence of anemia, heart failure, and/or hypoproteinemia, but this diagnosis is frequently overlooked...
- Clinical and laboratory findings and therapeutic responses in children with nephrotic syndromeA A S L Safaei
Department of Pediatrics, Guilan University of Medical Science, Rasht, IR Iran
Indian J Nephrol 20:68-71. 2010Nephrotic syndrome (NS) is a clinical entity characterized by massive loss of urinary protein leading to hypoproteinemia and edema...
- Proliferative sparganosis in a dogDebora A Drake
Southpaw Animal Health, 15421 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 233:1756-60. 2008..A 21-month-old spayed female Border Collie was examined because of progressive right forelimb lameness, signs of pain, and subcutaneous edema. The dog lived in a fenced yard in Tampa, Fla, that contained a small area of marshy terrain...
- [Risk factors for acute abdominal wall dehiscence after laparotomy in adults]José Ignacio Rodríguez-Hermosa
Servicio de Cirugia General y Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Universitario Dr Josep Trueta, Girona, Spain
Cir Esp 77:280-6. 2005..Total evisceration consists of protrusion of the abdominal viscera due to dehiscence of all the planes of the abdominal wall after laparotomy. The greater the number of risk factors, the greater the probability of evisceration...
- [Studies on the clinical manifestation and SLC25A13 gene mutation of Chinese patients with neonatal intrahepatic cholestasis caused by citrin deficiency]Ya zhi Xing
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Genetic and Metabolic Diseases, Shanghai Institute of Pediatric Research, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 27:180-5. 2010..To investigate the clinical and laboratory features of neonatal intrahepatic cholestasis caused by citrin deficiency (NICCD) and to characterize the molecular basis and prognosis of this disease...
- Anemia, myopathy, and pansteatitis in vitamin E-deficient captive marmosets (Callithrix spp.)C Juan-Sallés
U D Histologia í Anatomia Patològica, Facultat de Veterinària Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra Barcelona, Spain
Vet Pathol 40:540-7. 2003..with weight loss (5/5); fecal retention (3/5); diarrhea (2/5); impaired locomotion (3/5); anemia (4/4); hypoproteinemia or hypoalbuminemia (3/4); elevations of creatine phosphokinase, lactic dehydrogenase, and alanine ..
- Failure of biliopancreatic diversion in Prader-Willi syndromeG Grugni
Department of Auxology, IRCCS S Giuseppe Hospital, Istituto Auxologico Italiano Foundation, Verbania, 28921 Italy
Obes Surg 10:179-81; discussion 182. 2000..In a small number of patients, favorable results have been reported with biliopancreatic diversion (BPD)...
- Effect of probucol on serum lipoprotein and apoprotein profiles in renal transplant patientsM Okubo
Department of Medicine, Sano Kohsei Hospital, Tochigi, Japan
Am J Kidney Dis 31:356-9. 1998..9 mg/dL or less, and who had no diabetes mellitus or hypoproteinemia, were treated with probucol, 250 mg twice daily for 3 months. Seventeen age-matched (36.8+/-1...
- Acute hemoperitoneum in horses: a review of 19 cases (1992-2003)N Pusterla
Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Vet Intern Med 19:344-7. 2005..Clinicopathologic abnormalities commonly detected were anemia, neutrophilia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, hypoproteinemia, hypocalcemia, azotemia, increased creatinine kinase, and sorbitol dehydrogenase activity...
- Clinical pathology and hemostatic abnormalities in experimental African horsesicknessA J Skowronek
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Vet Pathol 32:112-21. 1995..lactate dehydrogenase, aspartate aminotransferase, and alkaline phosphatase, hypocalcemia, hypoalbuminemia, hypoproteinemia, and elevated creatinine, phosphorus, and total bilirubin levels were present in some but not all horses...
- A case of late onset primary hyperoxaluria type I (PH-I) presented with black liverS Kazama Saegusa
Shimotsuga General Hospital, Second Department of Medicine, Dokkyo Medical School, Mibu, Japan
Clin Nephrol 50:184-7. 1998..Laboratory testing showed azotemia, anemia, hypoproteinemia and mild liver dysfunction but no liver cirrhosis...
- [Two cases of Campylobacter fetus subsp. fetus sepsis]Y Tokumura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Kansenshogaku Zasshi 68:249-53. 1994..Both cases had common underlying diseases such as hypoproteinemia with edema and problems in the lower intestinal tract; the former had polysurgery and malabsorption syndrome, ..
- Factors associated with severe sepsis: prospective study of 94 neutropenic febrile episodesRamzi Jeddi
Department of Hematology, Aziza Othmana University Hospital, Tunis, Tunisia
Hematology 15:28-32. 2010..8 mmol/l; p=0.05, OR=3.9, 95% CI: 1.3-45.7), hypoproteinemia (<62 g/l; p=0.006, OR=4.1, 95% CI: 1.4-11...
- Clinical, biochemical, and hematological characteristics, disease prevalence, and prognosis of dogs presenting with neutrophil cytoplasmic toxicityItamar Aroch
School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot, Israel
J Vet Intern Med 19:64-73. 2005..higher prevalence of leukocytosis, leukopenia, neutrophilia, neutropenia, anemia, hyponatremia, hypokalemia, hypoproteinemia, hypoalbuminemia, and hypocalcemia...
- [Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis]Cecilia Laguna
Servicio de Dermatologia, Hospital General Universitario de Valencia, Espana
Actas Dermosifiliogr 97:177-85. 2006..The aim of this work is to reflect the clinical experience of the Dermatology Department of Hospital General in Valencia with Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) or Lyell's syndrome over the last 15 years...
- Ceftriaxone pharmacokinetics during iatrogenic hydroxyethyl starch-induced hypoalbuminemia: a model to explore the effects of decreased protein binding capacity on highly bound drugsO Mimoz
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care, Bicetre Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Anesthesiology 93:735-43. 2000..various drugs used by anesthesiologists highly bind to plasma proteins, the impact of iatrogenically induced hypoproteinemia on their pharmacologic effects has never been investigated...
- [Influences of lymphatic vessel ligation in pelvic lymphadenectomy on postoperative lymphocyst formation--a randomized controlled trial]Huai Wu Lu
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangdong, P R China
Ai Zheng 28:1193-7. 2009..Prevention of this disease is more important than treatment. This randomized study was to evaluate the preventive effect of lymph vessel ligation during pelvic lymphadenectomy on pelvic lymphocyst formation...
- Urological complications after radical hysterectomy: incidence rates and predisposing factorsIvana Likić-Ladević
Clinical Center of Serbia, Institute of Gynecology and Obstetric, Belgrade
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:381-4. 2007..The aim of this study was to establish the incidence and predisposing factor of urological complications after radical hysterectomy...
- Cronkhite-Canada syndrome containing colon cancer and serrated adenoma lesionsMasakazu Yashiro
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Digestion 69:57-62. 2004..A 77-year-old man was diagnosed with sigmoid colon cancer after presenting with hypoproteinemia, nail atrophy, loss of scalp hair, hyperpigmentation, and gastrointestinal polyposis...
- Recurrence of nephrotic proteinuria in children with focal segmental glomerulosclerosis after renal transplantation treated with plasmapheresis and immunoadsorption: case reportsF Fencl
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Motol, Charles University in Prague, 2nd Medical School, Prague, Czech Republic
Transplant Proc 39:3488-90. 2007..Seven months after renal transplantation, she was switched from PE to IA, because of severe hypoproteinemia. Graft biopsy performed at 4 months showed effacement of the foot processes...
- The bone marrow aspirate and biopsy in the diagnosis of unsuspected nonhematologic malignancy: a clinical study of 19 casesFahir Ozkalemkas
Division of Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, Uludag University School of Medicine, Uludag University Hospital, Bursa, Turkey
BMC Cancer 5:144. 2005..Although bone marrow metastases can be found commonly in some malignant tumors, diagnosing a nonhematologic malignancy from marrow is not a usual event...
- Vitamin E deficiency and pansteatitis in juvenile boat-billed herons (Cochlearius cochlearius)C G Pollock
Department of Comparative Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37901 1071, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 30:297-300. 1999..Clinical pathology revealed heterophilic leukocytosis, anemia, hypoproteinemia, and low plasma alpha (alpha)-tocopherol levels (1.94 microg/ml and 2.14 microg/ml)...
- Beneficial effect of all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) on glomerulosclerosis rats via the down-regulation of the expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin: a comparative study between ATRA and benazeprilPeng Hu
Department of Pediatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Exp Mol Pathol 89:51-7. 2010..In comparison with benazepril, ATRA exerted no improvement in hypoproteinemia, but more significant decrease in serum Cr level in GS rats...
- Acute renal failure in obstructive jaundice in cholangiocarcinomaP Mairiang
Department of Medicine, Khon Kaen Thailand, University
Arch Intern Med 150:2357-60. 1990..nonoliguric in 80% and was associated with severe jaundice, gram-negative infection (42%), hypotension (31%), hypoproteinemia (30%), hyponatremia (56%), and hypokalemia (63%). The mean duration of renal failure was 2 weeks...
- Steroidogenic impairment due to reduced ovarian transcription of cytochrome P450 side-chain-cleavage (P450scc) and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StAR) during experimental nephrotic syndromeMiguel Peña-Rico
Department of Biology, Faculty of Chemistry, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, CP 04510, Mexico City, Mexico
Life Sci 79:702-8. 2006The nephrotic syndrome is a renal disease characterized by proteinuria, hypoproteinemia, edema and hyperlipidemia...
- Minimal change nephrotic syndrome in an 82 year old patient following a tetanus-diphteria-poliomyelitis-vaccinationChristian Clajus
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
BMC Nephrol 10:21. 2009..In the elderly MCNS is relatively uncommon. Over the last decade some reports suggest a rare but possible association with the administration of various vaccines...
- [Side effects of L-asparaginase during therapies for remission induction and maintenance in children with acute lymphocytic leukemia]Hong Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:739-41. 2009..than during remission induction therapy, while defibrination, abnormal hemagglutinin, acute pancreatitis, hypoproteinemia, gastrointestinal reaction and infectious shock were observed more during remission induction therapy than ..
- Hyponatremia secondary to multiple etiologies: a case reportKyuzi Kamoi
The Department of Medicine and Diabetes Center, Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital, Nagaoka, Niigata 940 2045, Japan
J Med 35:125-40. 2004..After admission, the hyponatremia worsened, and edema with hypoproteinemia developed. The patient was found to have hypothyroidism due to chronic thyroiditis...
- Clinical and clinicopathologic features of dogs that consumed foodborne hepatotoxic aflatoxins: 72 cases (2005-2006)Diane M Dereszynski
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 232:1329-37. 2008..To characterize clinical signs, clinicopathologic features, treatments, and survival in dogs with naturally acquired foodborne aflatoxicosis...
- Rare clinical presentation mode of intestinal malrotation after neonatal period: Malabsorption-like symptoms due to chronic midgut volvulusMustafa Imamoglu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Karadeniz Technical University, Faculty of Medicine, Trabzon, Turkey
Pediatr Int 46:167-70. 2004..Many different and non-specific clinic presentation modes of malrotation anomalies (MA) have been reported after neonatal period. The authors describe four children with MA presented with malabsorption-like clinical features...
- Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to quantitate serum ferritin in black and white ruffed lemurs (Varecia variegata variegata)Gordon A Andrews
Department of Diagnostic Medicine Pathobiology, Kansas State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Manhattan, Kansas 66506 5601, USA
J Zoo Wildl Med 36:648-52. 2005..binding capacity, both of which may be affected by disorders unrelated to iron adequacy or excess including hypoproteinemia, chronic infection, hemolytic anemia, hypothyroidism, renal disease, and drug administration...
- Experimental infection of white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) with Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosisMitchell V Palmer
Bacterial Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA, Agricultural Research Service, 2300 Dayton Avenue, Ames, Iowa 50010, USA
J Wildl Dis 43:597-608. 2007..characterized by a protracted subclinical phase followed by clinical signs such as diarrhea, weight loss, and hypoproteinemia. Fecal shedding of Map is characteristic of both the subclinical and clinical phases, and it is important in ..
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-associated colitis with a histology of collagenous colitisK Yagi
Dept of Internal Medicine, Niigata Prefectural Yoshida Hospital, Nishikanbaragun, Japan
Endoscopy 33:629-32. 2001..She began to suffer from intermittent diarrhea in April 1999. Serological examination showed hypoproteinemia, which indicated that she had protein-losing enteropathy...
- [Limb lymphedema as a first manifestation of primary intestinal lymphangiectasia (Waldmann's disease)]V Boursier
Unité de lymphologie, hôpital Cognacq Jay, Site Broussais, 102, rue Didot, 75674 Paris 14
J Mal Vasc 29:103-6. 2004..Lower limb lymphoscintigraphy confirmed lymphedema and duodenal biopsies lymphangiectasia. Hypoproteinemia, lymphopenia and hypogammaglobulinemia were also noted...
- Protein-losing enteropathy during highly active antiretroviral therapy in a patient with AIDS-related disseminated Mycobacterial avium complex infectionEiichi Ogawa
Department of General Internal Medicine, Kyushu University Hospital, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
J Infect Chemother 15:252-6. 2009..which excess protein loss into the gastrointestinal lumen, due to various causes, is severe enough to produce hypoproteinemia and hypoalbuminemia. We report a 28-year-old Japanese woman with PLE...
- Effect of probucol on hypercholesterolemia in renal transplant patientsM Okubo
Department of Medicine, Sano Kohsei Hospital, Tochigi, Japan
Kidney Int Suppl 71:S229-30. 1999..Hypercholesterolemia is a well-known complication in kidney transplant recipients, although its pathogenesis may be multifactorial. The therapeutic effect of probucol on post-transplant hypercholesterolemia was prospectively evaluated...
- Results of the follow-up of the former trichinosis patients from Brasov County--RomaniaCodruţa Nemet
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Parasitology, Transilvania University Braşov, 56 Nicolae Bălcescu Street, Brasov, Romania
Vet Parasitol 159:320-3. 2009..Paraclinical data showed eosinophilia in 8-22% of patients, GPT and GOT within normal limits, and hypoproteinemia in the case of 178 former patients (31%)...
- [A prospective multicenter clinical control trial on treatment of refractory nephrotic syndrome with mycophenolate mofetil in children]Zhu Wen Yi
Department of Pediatrics, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:575-8. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of mycophenolate mofetil (MMF) plus prednisone on refractory nephrotic syndrome (RNS) in children...
- ONCOTIC PRESSURE AND EXTRAVASCULAR LUNG WATER IN ARDSGregory Martin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Reduced oncotic pressure gradients related to hypoproteinemia may contribute to generation and maintenance of pulmonary edema in this condition...
- PERINATAL HYPOXIA: ADRENOCORTICAL-METABOLIC ADAPTATIONSHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal and metabolic adaptations to perinatal hypoxia can lead to new diagnostic approaches and therapies to minimize morbidity and mortality. ..
- PERINATAL HYPOXIA: ADRENOCORTICAL-METABOLIC ADAPTATIONSHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 2003..Characterization of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal and metabolic adaptations to perinatal hypoxia can lead to new diagnostic approaches and therapies to minimize morbidity and mortality. ..
- PERINATAL HYPOXIA--ADRENOCORTICAL/METABOLIC ADAPTATIONSHershel Raff; Fiscal Year: 2002..Specific aim 5 will determine if the dramatic changes in plasma lipids which occur in the hypoxic, suckling rat, are a major influence on aldosteroidogenesis. ..
- Structure and Function of ADAMTS13 MetalloproteaseX Long Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2009....