Genomes and Genes
pure red cell aplasia
Summary: Suppression of erythropoiesis with little or no abnormality of leukocyte or platelet production.
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Immunologic mechanisms of EPO-associated pure red cell aplasiaHuub Schellekens
Central Laboratory Animal Institute, Department of Innovation Studies, Utrecht University, P O Box 80 190, 2508 TD Utrecht, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:473-80. 2005b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a relatively rare condition defined as severe anemia secondary to the virtual absence of red cell precursors in the bone marrow...
- Autoimmune hemolytic anemias, Evans' syndromes, and pure red cell aplasia in non-Hodgkin lymphomasAlexander W Hauswirth
Division of Haematology and Haemostaseology, Department of Medicine I, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Leuk Lymphoma 48:1139-49. 2007..108 cases of non-CLL non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) associated with autoimmune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) (+/- pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)) or Evans' syndrome...
- Eprex-associated pure red cell aplasia and leachatesHuub Schellekens
Nat Biotechnol 24:613-4. 2006
- Epoetin-associated pure red cell aplasia in patients with chronic kidney disease: solving the mysteryKatia Boven
, , 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, 75181 Paris cedex 4, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:iii33-40. 2005A substantial increase in the incidence of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) associated with recombinant human erythropoietin (epoetin) treatment occurred in 1998...
- Long-term outcome of individuals with pure red cell aplasia and antierythropoietin antibodies in patients treated with recombinant epoetin: a follow-up report from the Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports (RADAR) ProjectCharles L Bennett
MidWest Center for Health Services Research and Policy Studies, VA Chicago Healthcare System, Chicago, IL, USA
Blood 106:3343-7. 2005..200 epoetin-treated persons with chronic kidney disease developed antibodies to epoetin, resulting in pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Pure red-cell aplasia and antierythropoietin antibodies in patients treated with recombinant erythropoietinNicole Casadevall
Department of Hematology, Hotel Dieu, Paris, France
N Engl J Med 346:469-75. 2002..We investigated whether there was an immunologic basis for the anemia in these patients...
- Pure red cell aplasia after ABO-incompatible allogeneic stem cell transplantation in severe aplastic anemia with response to steroids: a case report and literature reviewM H Yang
Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Ann Hematol 80:299-301. 2001b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare complication after ABO-incompatible allogeneic stem cell transplantation, but its mechanism is still unknown...
- The increased incidence of pure red cell aplasia with an Eprex formulation in uncoated rubber stopper syringesKatia Boven
Johnson and Johnson, Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L.L.C, Raritan, New Jersey, USA
Kidney Int 67:2346-53. 2005BACKGROUND: The incidence of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) in chronic kidney disease patients treated with epoetins increased substantially in 1998, was shown to be antibody mediated, and was associated predominantly with subcutaneous ..
- Relapsing pure red cell aplasia associated with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia successfully treated by intravenous immunoglobulin concentrateRoberto Castelli
Servizio di Oncologia Medica, U.O. di Medicina Interna II, Azienda Ospedaliera G. Salvini, Presidio Ospedaliero di Rho, MI
Ann Ital Med Int 17:47-50. 2002b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare syndrome characterized by a normochromic normocytic anemia and the absence of mature erythroid precursors in an otherwise normocellular bone marrow...
- Antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia in a dialysis patient receiving darbepoetin alfa as the sole erythropoietic agentAbraham Jacob
Department of Haematology and Renal Medicine, Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV10 0QP
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:2963-5. 2006
- Thirty-nine cases of pure red cell aplasia: a single center experience from IndiaUpendra Srinivas
Department of Hematology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Hematology 12:245-8. 2007b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is an uncommon disorder, characterized by transfusion dependent anemia, reticulocytopenia with selective aplasia or paucity of erythroid cells in bone marrow...
- Acquired pure red cell aplasia associated with malignant lymphomas: a nationwide cohort study in Japan for the PRCA Collaborative Study GroupMakoto Hirokawa
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Am J Hematol 84:144-8. 2009b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) has been reported in association with lymphoma as one of the autoimmune diseases seen during the course of lymphoid malignancies. However, the relation of PRCA with the underlying lymphomas remains unclear...
- Diagnosis and management of acquired pure red cell aplasiaKenichi Sawada
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Hondo 1 1 1, Akita 018 8543, Japan
Hematol Oncol Clin North Am 23:249-59. 2009b>Pure red cell aplasia is a syndrome characterized by a severe normocytic anemia, reticulocytopenia, and absence of erythroblasts from an otherwise normal bone marrow...
- Response to high-dose dexamethasone for acquired pure red cell aplasia following ABO-mismatched allogeneic stem cell transplantationU R Deotare
Bone Marrow Transplant 37:1149-50. 2006
- Acquired pure red cell aplasia: updated review of treatmentKenichi Sawada
Department of Internal Medicine III, Division of Haematology, Akita University Graduate School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Br J Haematol 142:505-14. 2008b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a syndrome characterized by a severe normocytic anaemia, reticulocytopenia, and absence of erythroblasts from an otherwise normal bone marrow...
- [Pure red cell aplasia successfully treated with rituximab in a patient with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma]Takayuki Suzuki
Department of Hematology, Ohme Municipal General Hospital
Rinsho Ketsueki 48:67-70. 2007..Here, we describe a 82-year-old woman with pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) complicated with relapsed diffuse large B-cell lymphoma...
- Incidence of recombinant erythropoietin (EPO) hyporesponse, EPO-associated antibodies, and pure red cell aplasia in dialysis patientsAantje V Kharagjitsingh
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Center Haaglanden, Westeinde, Den Haag, The Netherlands
Kidney Int 68:1215-22. 2005BACKGROUND: Since 1998, an increase of anti-erythropoietin (anti-EPO) antibody-induced pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) has been reported...
- Successful treatment of pure red cell aplasia with a single dose of rituximab in a child after major ABO incompatible peripheral blood allogeneic stem cell transplantation for acquired aplastic anemiaA A Maschan
Research Institute for Pediatric Hematology of the Russian Federation, Russian Children's Hospital, Moscow, Russian Federation
Bone Marrow Transplant 30:405-7. 2002b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a well-known although infrequent hematologic complication after allogeneic bone marrow transplantation...
- Antibody-mediated acquired pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) after treatment with darbepoetinRebecca Howman
Department of Haemotology, Fremantle Hospital, 2 Alma Street, Fremantle, Western Australia 6160
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1462-4. 2007
- Metastatic basal cell carcinoma: complete response to chemotherapy and associated pure red cell aplasiaBenedito A Carneiro
Department of Medicine, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Illinois, USA
Cancer Invest 24:396-400. 2006..The patient also developed pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Pure red cell aplasia associated with parvovirus B19 infection in renal transplantation: the first case report in MexicoLuis Jorge Vales-Albertos
Transplantation 79:739. 2005
- Azathioprine-induced pure red cell aplasia: case report and reviewA Agrawal
Transplant Unit, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Transplant Proc 36:2689-91. 2004..We report a case of refractory pure red cell aplasia resulting from long-term use of azathioprine in a renal transplant recipient and examine the possible ..
- Erythropoietic proteins and antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia: a potential role for micellesHuub Schellekens
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2422. 2004
- Combined pure red cell aplasia and autoimmune hemolytic anemia in systemic lupus erythematosus with anti-erythropoietin autoantibodiesAkinori Hara
Department of Disease Control and Homeostasis, Graduated School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Am J Hematol 83:750-2. 2008..On the basis of these findings, her anemia was diagnosed as the overlap of pure red cell aplasia with autoimmune hemolytic anemia...
- Long-term follow-up of patients with moderate aplastic anemia and pure red cell aplasia treated with daclizumabElaine M Sloand
National Heart Lung and Blood Instititute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Haematologica 95:382-7. 2010b>Pure red cell aplasia and moderate aplastic anemia are marrow failure states with an immune pathogenesis...
- The association of anti-r-HuEpo-associated pure red cell aplasia with HLA-DRB1*09-DQB1*0309Kearkiat Praditpornsilpa
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:1545-9. 2009..This allele is rare in Caucasian (<1%) but more common in Thai population (8.4-12.5%). This study was aimed to investigate the possible association between HLA-DRB1*09 or other specific HLA and anti-r-HuEpo associated PRCA...
- Pure red cell aplasia associated with cytomegalovirus infectionVishal Kumar
Department of Pediatrics, Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalya, Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:315-6. 2010..Hemogram and bone marrow aspirate were suggestive of pure red cell aplasia. Serum bilirubin and aminotransferases were elevated...
- Hematide is immunologically distinct from erythropoietin and corrects anemia induced by antierythropoietin antibodies in a rat pure red cell aplasia modelKathryn W Woodburn
Affymax, Inc, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Exp Hematol 35:1201-8. 2007..peptide-based erythropoiesis-stimulating agent that is in clinical development for the treatment of anemia associated with chronic kidney disease and cancer, to correct antierythropoietin antibody-associated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA).
- Epoetin-associated pure red cell aplasia: past, present, and future considerationsJune M McKoy
Division of Hematology Oncology and Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Transfusion 48:1754-62. 2008..In 1998, epoetin-associated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) was first reported and causation was attributed to formulations without human serum albumin (HSA), ..
- Successful re-challenge with darbepoetin in a patient with rHu-EPO-induced pure red cell aplasia refractory to immunosuppressive drugsBeatrice Viron
Association pour l Utilisation du Rein Artificiel, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:2416-8. 2008
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody for the treatment of severe, immune-mediated, pure red cell aplasia and hemolytic anemiaM Zecca
Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, University of Pavia, P. le Golgi 2, I-27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 97:3995-7. 2001Immune-mediated, acquired pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare disorder frequently associated with other autoimmune phenomena. Conventional immunosuppressive treatment is often unsatisfactory...
- Long-term outcome of patients with acquired primary idiopathic pure red cell aplasia receiving cyclosporine A. A nationwide cohort study in Japan for the PRCA Collaborative Study GroupKen ichi Sawada
Division of Haematologyand Oncology, Department of Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita, Japan u ac jp
Haematologica 92:1021-8. 2007Cyclosporine A (CsA) has become one of the leading agents for the treatment of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Prolonged course of pure red cell aplasia after erythropoietin therapyL Nigg
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Haematol 73:376-9. 2004b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) caused by neutralising anti-erythropoietin antibodies is a very rare disease...
- Treatment of erythropoietin-induced pure red cell aplasia: a retrospective studyDavid Verhelst
Department of Nephrology, Tenon Hospital, , and Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
Lancet 363:1768-71. 2004..kidney disease treated in this way have developed neutralising antibodies to erythropoietin, causing pure red cell aplasia. We aimed to collate clinical and pathological features in patients unequivocally shown to have ..
- Successful re-introduction of recombinant human erythropoietin following antibody induced pure red cell aplasiaShaun A Summers
Renal Medicine, Southend General Hospital, Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2137-9. 2004
- Pure red cell aplasia secondary to epoetin alpha responding to Darbepoetin alpha in a patient on peritoneal dialysisAshwin Asari
Manchester Royal Infirmary, England
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2204-7. 2004..He initially responded well to Epoetin alpha (Eprex) but subsequently developed EPO antibodies and pure red cell aplasia (PRCA), becoming blood transfusion dependent...
- Anti-erythropoietin antibodies and pure red cell aplasiaJerome Rossert
Department of Nephrology, Tenon hospital and Pierre and Marie Curie University, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:398-406. 2004
- Successful resumption of epoetin alfa after rituximab treatment in a patient with pure red cell aplasiaMarcora Mandreoli
Department of Nephrology and Dialysis, Policlinico S. Orsola, Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Am J Kidney Dis 44:757-61. 2004An 80-year-old man with chronic renal failure (CRF) had pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) 9 months after starting the subcutaneous administration of recombinant human erythropoietin alfa (rHuEPO-alpha)...
- Initial predictors of development of pure red cell aplasia in myasthenia gravis after thymectomyShigeaki Suzuki
Department of Neurology, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-8582, Japan
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 106:16-8. 2003b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is well known to be concomitant with myasthenia gravis (MG), but it is difficult to predict the development of PRCA in patients with MG. Of 135 patients with MG, four (2.9%) had PRCA...
- Pure red cell aplasia associated with thymoma: clinical insights from a 50-year single-institution experienceCarrie A Thompson
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Br J Haematol 135:405-7. 2006Acquired pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare disorder of erythropoiesis that can develop in association with a thymoma...
- Anti-erythropoietin antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia after treatment with recombinant erythropoietin products: recommendations for minimization of riskDenis Cournoyer
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1A4, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2728-34. 2004Since 1998, there has been a marked increase in incidence of pure red cell aplasia secondary to development of anti-erythropoietin antibodies (Ab+ PRCA) in patients who have chronic kidney disease (CKD) and receive recombinant ..
- Persistence of parvovirus B19 IgM antibodies and DNA in pure red cell aplasia resulting in myelodysplasia--a case reportJ Kishore
Department of Microbiology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:78-81. 2004..We report here for the first time from Inida a case of pure red cell aplasia in a 45-year-old female for last 7 years due to chronic persistent B19 infection leading to myelodysplasia ..
- Antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA): epidemiology, immunogenicity and risksIain C Macdougall
King s College Hospital, Renal Unit, East Dulwich Grove, London SE5 9RS, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:iv9-15. 2005Although epoetin-induced antibody (Ab)-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) was very rare prior to 1998, a large increase in the number of global cases was observed from 1999 to 2002 in patients treated with erythropoiesis-stimulating ..
- Antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) treatment and re-treatment: multiple optionsJerome Rossert
Department of Nephrology, Georges Pompidou European Hospital AP HP, 20 rue Leblanc, 75015 Paris, France
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:iv23-26. 2005In the vast majority of patients with antibody (Ab)-mediated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA), simple withdrawal of the erythropoiesis-stimulating agent (ESA) does not effectively reverse PRCA...
- Antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia due to epoetin alfa during antiviral therapy of chronic hepatitis CR Todd Stravitz
Section of Hepatology, Division of Gastroenterology and the Division of Hematology/Oncology, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0341, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:1415-9. 2005..Increasingly, epoetin alfa is used to prevent anemia in this setting. Below, we report the first case of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) in a patient with chronic hepatitis C who received epoetin alfa (Procrit) to manage anti-viral ..
- Epoetin-induced autoimmune pure red cell aplasiaNicole Casadevall
Department of Hematology, Hotel Dieu and INSERM U362, Paris, France
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:S67-9. 2005..10 yr of therapy with recombinant human erythropoietin ([EPO]), only three cases of antibody-associated pure red cell aplasia have been described in patients who were treated with EPO, whereas several millions of patients have ..
- Rapid resolution of EPO-induced pure red cell aplasia after a course of immunoadsorption therapy using protein A columnsPer Westerlund
Department of Medicine, Blekinge Hospital, Karlshamn, Sweden
Am J Kidney Dis 45:e97-9. 2005b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare, but important, complication of erythropoietin (EPO) replacement therapy in patients with renal disease...
- Thymoma with paraneoplastic syndromes, Good's syndrome, and pure red cell aplasiaJacolien van der Marel
HagaHospital, Department of Surgery, The Hague, The Netherlands
J Thorac Oncol 2:325-6. 2007
- Pure red cell aplasia in B-cell lymphoproliferative disorder treated with rituximab: report of two cases and review of the literatureKalyani Narra
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Leuk Res 30:109-14. 2006b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is an unusual cause of anemia in patients with chronic lymphoproliferative disorders...
- Anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody rituximab for the treatment of B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia-associated pure red cell aplasiaDespina Pantelidou
Hematol J 5:546-7. 2004
- Lack of clinical efficacy of rituximab in the treatment of autoimmune neutropenia and pure red cell aplasia: implications for their pathophysiologyM Dungarwalla
Department of Haematology, St George s Hospital, Tooting, London, UK
Ann Hematol 86:191-7. 2007..Six patients had autoimmune neutropenia (AIN), two had pure red cell aplasia (PRCA), one had AIN and autoimmune haemolytic anaemia, one had AIN and immune thrombocytopaenia purpura (..
- Pure red cell aplasia and myelofibrosis in B-cell neoplasmY Hatta
Department of Haematology and Rheumatology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Int Med Res 33:460-6. 2005We describe an unusual case of B-cell neoplasm accompanied by pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) and myelofibrosis in a 67-year-old male presenting with severe anaemia...
- Re-challenging patients who developed pure red cell aplasia with epoetin: can it be done?Iain C Macdougall
Department of Renal Medicine, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2901-5. 2004
- Pure red cell aplasia--a rare disease with multiple causesM Djaldetti
Research Laboratory Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Golda Campus, 7, Keren Kayemet Street, Petah Tiqva, The Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
Biomed Pharmacother 57:326-32. 2003b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a relatively rare disease although multiple factors are implied in the pathogenesis of its development...
- Acute viral hepatitis A and parvovirus B19 infections complicated by pure red cell aplasia and autoimmune hemolytic anemiaAref Chehal
J Hepatol 37:163-5. 2002
- Persistent anemia in a patient with diffuse large B cell lymphoma: pure red cell aplasia associated with latent Epstein-Barr virus infection in bone marrowHwa Jung Sung
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 22:S167-70. 2007We report a case of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA), which was initially suspected as a result of bone marrow involvement of diffuse large B cell lymphoma...
- Pure red cell aplasia in a patient with trisomy X chromosome abnormality and reactivated Epstein-Barr virus infectionMasanori Daibata
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Int J Hematol 77:354-8. 2003We describe a woman with a congenital chromosome anomaly, 47,XXX, who developed chronic pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Mesenchymal stem cells for the treatment of refractory pure red cell aplasia after major ABO-incompatible hematopoietic stem cell transplantationBaijun Fang
Henan Tumor Hospital, Henan Institute of Haematology, Henan Medical School, Henan University, 127 Dongming Road, Zhengzhou 450008, China
Ann Hematol 88:261-6. 2009b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a well-known, although infrequent, hematological complication after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT)...
- Acquired pure red cell aplasia associated with lymphoproliferative disease of granular T lymphocytesR S Go
Divisions of Hematology and Hematopathology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 98:483-5. 2001Acquired pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) can be associated with lymphoproliferative disease of granular T lymphocytes (T-LDGL), also known as T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukemia...
- Concomitant thymectomy and cardiac operation in a patient with pure red cell aplasiaM Poullis
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Ann Thorac Surg 72:621-3. 2001b>Pure red cell aplasia is a rare condition resulting in severe anemia. Medical therapy is indicated, unless a thymoma is present...
- Epstein-Barr virus associated diffuse large B-cell lymphoma complicated by autoimmune hemolytic anemia and pure red cell aplasiaH Katayama
Department of Internal Medicine, National Sanatrium Minami Okayama Hospital, 4066 Hayashima Cho, Tsukubo Gun, Okayama 701-0304, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 42:539-42. 2001..Co-existing autoimmune haemolytic anemia (AIHA) and pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) were diagnosed...
- Long-term response and outcome following immunosuppressive therapy in thymoma-associated pure red cell aplasia: a nationwide cohort study in Japan by the PRCA collaborative study groupMakoto Hirokawa
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, 1 1 1 Hondo, Akita 010 8543, Japan
Haematologica 93:27-33. 2008Thymoma-associated pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) accounts for a significant proportion of cases of secondary PRCA and immunosuppressive therapy has been reported to be useful in this condition...
- Remarkable response to rituximab in a 72-year-old patient with refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and marrow aplasiaG Egerer
Department of Internal Medicine V, Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, University of Heidelberg, Hospitalstr. 3, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Leuk Lymphoma 42:551-3. 2001..We observed a continuous complete remission induced by rituximab alone in a 72 year old patients with refractory and progressive high-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) in the phase of chemotherapy induced marrow aplasia...
- Pure red-cell aplasia due to parvovirus B19 infection in a patient treated with alemtuzumabKirsten E Herbert
Blood 101:1654. 2003
- Pure red cell aplasia induced by erythropoiesis-stimulating agentsCarol Pollock
Department of Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, Department of Medicine, Pacific Highway, Street Leonards, NSW, 2065, Australia
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 3:193-9. 2008b>Pure red cell aplasia in patients who are treated for anemia of chronic kidney disease with erythropoiesis-stimulating agents such as epoetin was first reported in 1998...
- Successful response to rituximab in a patient with pure red cell aplasia complicating chronic lymphocytic leukaemiaMontserrat Batlle
Br J Haematol 118:1192-3. 2002
- Allergic skin and systemic reactions in a patient with pure red cell aplasia and anti-erythropoietin antibodies challenged with different epoetinsGertrud Weber
Department of NephrologyAlfried Krupp Hospital, Essen, Germany
J Am Soc Nephrol 13:2381-3. 2002..who developed wheals at the sites of subcutaneous injections of epoetin-alpha before the manifestation of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Pure red cell aplasia preceding malignant lymphoma in a renal transplant patientA A Kiykim
Hacettepe University, Faculty of Medicine, Nephrology Unit, Ankara, Turkey
Nephron 92:232-4. 2002..We present herein a renal transplant recipient with malignant lymphoma which preceded by pure red cell aplasia (PRCA). Acquired PRCA is a rare hematologic disorder in renal transplant recipients...
- Lamivudine-induced pure red cell aplasiaA Majluf-Cruz
Unidad de Investigacion en Epidemiologia Clinica, Hospital General Regional Gabriel Mancera, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Hematol 65:189-91. 2000The aim of this report is to describe five patients with lamivudine-induced pure red cell aplasia, an association not previously described...
- Pure red cell aplasia due to parvovirus B19 in a patient treated with rituximabV R Sharma
Division of Medical Oncology Hematology, The Department of Pathology, and the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, University of Louisville, KY 40202, USA
Blood 96:1184-6. 2000..The reported case depicts a serious consequence of this effect of rituximab therapy: pure red cell aplasia resulting from chronic parvovirus B19 infection...
- Aplastic anemia and pure red cell aplasia associated with large granular lymphocyte leukemiaRonald S Go
Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse, WI, USA
Semin Hematol 40:196-200. 2003Aplastic anemia (AA) and pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) are two of the various types of immune-mediated cytopenias that can be associated with large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemia...
- Lesson learned from Eprex-associated pure red cell aplasiaHuub Schellekens
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Kidney Blood Press Res 30:9-12. 2007
- Pure red cell aplasia due to parvovirus B19 infection in a man with HIV infectionJ A de Mayolo
Department of Medicine, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136
South Med J 83:1480-1. 1990..Parvovirus should be added to the list of pathogens that can complicate the course of HIV infection and should be considered in the evaluation of severe anemia or red cell aplasia in any immunocompromised patient...
- Persistent parvovirus B19 related anemia of seven years' duration in an HIV-infected patient: complete remission associated with highly active antiretroviral therapyE Mylonakis
Department of Medicine, The Miriam Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, USA
Am J Hematol 60:164-6. 1999..Aggressive antiretroviral treatment may effectively diminish transfusion requirements among HIV-infected individuals with pure RBC aplasia resulting from parvovirus B19 infection...
- Successful treatment of pure red cell aplasia with rituximab in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaHassan Ghazal
Kentucky Cancer Clinic, 200 Medical Center Dr, Suite 3 0, Hazard, KY 41701, USA
Blood 99:1092-4. 2002b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare complication in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). It is characterized by reticulocytopenia and by an absence of red cell precursors in the bone marrow...
- Successful treatment of refractory pure red cell aplasia associated with lymphoproliferative disorders with the anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody alemtuzumab (Campath-1H)Xiuqing Ru
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Southern California-Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Br J Haematol 123:278-81. 2003Acquired pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare, but significant, complication of lymphoproliferative disorders...
- Pure red cell aplasia and myasthenia gravis with thymoma: a case report and review of the literatureS Mizobuchi
Department of Surgery II, Kochi Medical School, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 28:696-701. 1998A case of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA), myasthenia gravis (MG) and thymoma is reported. A 70-year-old woman presented with severe anemia...
- Persistent B19 parvovirus infection in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1): a treatable cause of anemia in AIDSN Frickhofen
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, Bethesda, Maryland
Ann Intern Med 113:926-33. 1990..To determine the role of B19 parvovirus in red cell aplasia of patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1)...
- A case of persistent anemia in a renal transplant recipient: association with parvovirus B19 infectionSang-Ho Choi
Department of Internal Medicine, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Scand J Infect Dis 34:71-5. 2002..Tacrolimus may possibly impair the clearance of a parvovirus B19 infection...
- Clinical characteristics of erythropoietin-associated pure red cell aplasiaKenneth R Carson
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:467-72. 2005..10 years of its use, there were only three cases of epoetin-induced antibodies reported, which resulted in pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)...
- Importance of biologic follow-ons: experience with EPONicole Casadevall
Department of Hematology, Hospital Hotel Dieu and INSERM U362, 1 Place du Parvis Notre Dame, F75 181 Paris, France
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 18:381-7. 2005..It was initially used in treating anemia in chronic kidney disease patients. Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) ensuing from production of neutralizing anti-erythropoietin antibodies occurred very rarely with ..
- Pure red cell aplasia followed by disseminated intravascular coagulation in a haemodialysis patient receiving erythropoietin-betaLucio Manenti
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis, Desenzano del Garda Hospital, and Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Health Science, University of Parma, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1465-7. 2007
- [Diagnosis and treatment of pure red-cell aplasia induced by erythropoiesis stimulating agents]Jerome Rossert
AP HP HEGP, Universite Paris Descartes, INSERM U652, Paris, France
Nephrol Ther 2:S283-6. 2006..Isolated case reports suggest that, at least in some patients, treatments with ESA can be resumed after recovery from antibody-mediated pure red-cell aplasia...
- Drug-induced autoimmune red-cell aplasiaH Franklin Bunn
N Engl J Med 346:522-3. 2002
- Epoetin-induced pure red cell aplasia successfully treated with androgensMaria Dolores Sánchez de la Nieta
Nephrology Unit, Alarcos Hospital, Ciudad Real, Spain
J Nephrol 19:220-1. 2006b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a severe, non-regenerative form of anaemia, with selective erythroid aplasia of the bone marrow...
- Antibody-mediated pure red-cell aplasia (PRCA): the Spanish experienceJ Carracedo
Renal Unit, University Hospital Reina Sofia, Cordoba - Spain
J Nephrol 18:382-7. 2005..This study may serve as a model for a centralized global PRCA registry...
- Adverse event issue management: what have we learnt from pure red cell aplasia (PRCA)?Iain C Macdougall
Renal Unit, King s College Hospital, East Dulwich Grove, London SE22 8PT, UK
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:viii18-21. 2005After 1998, the number of reported cases of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) increased dramatically among patients with chronic renal failure treated with exogenous erythropoietin, although the incidence of this condition has now abated...
- Erythropoietin-induced, antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasiaJerome Rossert
Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Eur J Clin Invest 35:95-9. 2005b>Pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) is a rare haematological condition that is characterized by severe aregenerative anaemia due to an almost complete cessation of red blood cell production...
- Anemia and erythropoietin treatment in chronic kidney diseasesA Santoro
Unit of Nephrology and Dialysis, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna, Italy
Minerva Urol Nefrol 57:23-31. 2005..The hemoglobin concentration target in pre-dialysis and dialysis patients is the subject of continuous re-assessment...
- Two cases of pure red-cell aplasia due to anti-erythropoietin antibodiesJaeseok Yang
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul-Korea
J Nephrol 18:102-5. 2005..Our cases demonstrate that PRCA due to anti-EPO antibodies becomes an important issue in Asians as well as in Caucasians...
- Prevalence of anti-erythropoietin antibodies in hemodialysis patients without clinical signs of pure red cell aplasia. Comparison between hypo- and normoresponsive patients treated with epoetins for renal anemiaMarkus P Stoffel
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Nephron Clin Pract 105:c90-8. 2007The prevalence of anti-erythropoietin antibodies in renal patients without clinical evidence of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) who respond poorly to epoetin is unknown...
- Parvovirus B19-induced anemia in renal transplantation: a role for rHuEPO in resistance to classical treatmentNadia Arzouk
Nephrology Unit, Bicetre Hospital, Le Kremlin Bicetre France
Transpl Int 19:166-9. 2006Human parvovirus B19 (PVB 19) is responsible for pure red cell aplasia in immunocompromised patients, and particularly solid organ recipients...
- Response to cyclosporine A in a patient with pure red cell aplasia due to antierythropoietin-alpha antibodiesMony Fraer
Division of Nephrology, Bone and Mineral Metabolism, University of Kentucky, Lexington, USA
Semin Dial 19:251-4. 2006Reported cases of pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) from the administration of erythropoietin (EPO)-alpha molecule in the United States are rare, and the optimal treatment is still unknown...
- High prevalence in Switzerland of pure red-cell aplasia due to anti-erythropoietin antibodies in chronic dialysis patients: report of five casesCarlo Schönholzer
Dipartmento Di Medicina Interna, Ospedale Civico, Lugano, Switzerland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2121-5. 2004..However, large intercountry disparities were observed in the occurrence of this syndrome...
- Pure red-cell aplasia and recombinant erythropoietinSharon K Gershon
N Engl J Med 346:1584-6; author reply 1584-6. 2002
- Recovery from anti-recombinant-human-erythropoietin associated pure red cell aplasia in end-stage renal disease patients after renal transplantationKearkiat Praditpornsilpa
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:626-30. 2005
- Revised European best practice guidelines for the management of anaemia in patients with chronic renal failureFrancesco Locatelli
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:ii1-47. 2004
- Epoetin-induced autoimmune pure red cell aplasiaNicole Casadevall
, Paris, France
Hematol J 5:S104-9. 2004
- Two haemodialysis patients with epoetin alfa-induced pure red-cell aplasia recovered despite treatment with another epoetin preparationAarne Vartia
Savonlinna Central Hospital, Finland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1313-6. 2004
- Evaluation of methods to detect and characterize antibodies against recombinant human erythropoietinSteven J Swanson
Amgen Inc, Clinical Immunology Department, Thousand Oaks, Calif 91320, USA
Nephron Clin Pract 96:c88-95. 2004From May 1998 to November 2000, 13 European patients developed antibody-mediated pure red cell aplasia during treatment with recombinant human erythropoietin (rHuEPO), reinforcing the need for analytical testing for antibodies against ..
- Red-cell aplasia due to antibodies against human recombinant erythropoietin (rHuEPO) in a peritoneal dialysis patient treated with rHuEPORamón R García
Perit Dial Int 23:403-5. 2003
- High-Tc susceptometer to monitor transfusional iron overload (NSR device)Gary M Brittenham; Fiscal Year: 2010..sickle-cell disease, thalassemia major (Cooley's anemia), Diamond-Blackfan anemia, aplastic anemia, pure red cell aplasia, hypoplastic and myelodysplastic disorders...
- Feline Leukemia Virus C Receptor Heme Export and Erythroid DifferentiationSioban Keel; Fiscal Year: 2007..Cats naturally or experimentally infected with feline leukemia virus, subgroup C (FeLV-C) develop profound pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) or on rare occasion ineffective erythropoiesis...
- FELINE LEUKEMIA VIRUS-INDUCED HEMATOLOGIC DISEASEJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 1991..Further studies are outlined to define the mechanisms underlying pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) in cats infected with FeLV-C/Sarma...
- Physiology of feline leukemia virus C receptor, FLVCRJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2009Feline leukemia virus, subgroup C (FeLV-C) induces pure red cell aplasia (PRCA) in viremic cats. There is an absence of erythroid precursors, reticulocytopenia, and severe anemia...
- Bone Marrow Failure Clinical Research CenterJaroslaw Maciejewski; Fiscal Year: 2006..nocturnal hemoglobinuria, single-lineage cytopenias including large granular lymphocyte leukemia and pure red cell aplasia, and various myelodysplastic syndromes...
- Ribosomal Function and Diamond-Blackfan AnemiaSteven Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. characterize the phenotype of mice hemizygous for LAMR1 including hematological analysis, cancer incidence, and the presence of other congenital abnormalities. ..
- FELINE LEUKEMIA VIRUS INDUCED RED CELL APLASIAJANIS ABKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003Cats viremic with feline leukemia virus, subgroup C (FeLV-C) develop pure red cell aplasia (PRCA). This results from a block in BFU-E to CFU-E maturation...
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Diamond Blackfan AnemiaKATHLEEN MIHO contact SAKAMOTO; Fiscal Year: 2010Diamond Blackfan Anemia (DBA) is a heterogeneous disease in which patients present with pure red cell aplasia, congenital abnormalities, and an increased risk of cancer...
- A Vital Tool for the Study of DBA:The Diamond Blackfan Anemia RegistryJeffrey M Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2010..DBA is a heterogeneous genetic disorder characterized by pure red cell aplasia, congenital anomalies and a predisposition to cancer...
- Chicago Cancer Navigation ProjectCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Chicago Cancer Navigation ProjectCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2007..follow-up diagnostic evaluations to improve mean time to a diagnostic resolution between abnormal screening and definitive follow-up for the intervention sites as compared to both previous performance and to the usual care control sites ..
- The DBA Registry: A Vital Tool for the Study of DBAJeffrey Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2007..marrow failure syndrome Diamond Blackfan anemia (DBA), a heterogeneous genetic disorder characterized by pure red cell aplasia, congenital anomalies and a predisposition to cancer...
- Research on Adverse Drug Events and Reports: Novel Multiple Myeloma DrugsCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Intervention for Colorectal CancerCharles Bennett; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed interventions will improve the standard Veterans Affairs colorectal cancer screening protocol and will provide a model for methods and materials to increase screening rates in other settings. ..
- Demonstration Project: State-Based Screening for Chronic Kidney DiseaseAllan Collins; Fiscal Year: 2007..The screening system proposed in this application addresses the public-health need to target high-risk individuals in order to improve prevention and control of CKD and reduce the cost of its treatment. ..
- THE ROLE OF DENDRITIC CELLS IN IMMUNITY TO FIV INFECTIONWENDY SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results of these DC-based vaccine studies will provide useful proof-of-principle information regarding the induction of protective immunity immunodeficiency virus infections. ..
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo N Lara; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo Lara; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Biochemical markers of bone turnover in metastatic prostate cancerPrimo Lara; Fiscal Year: 2007....