Summary: Inflammation of the VULVA. It is characterized by PRURITUS and painful urination.
Publications145 found, 100 shown here
- Itch and burning pain in women with partial vaginismus with or without vulvar vestibulitisMaria Engman
Division of Gender and Medicine, Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, Linkoping University, Linkoping
J Sex Marital Ther 33:171-86. 2007..In 17 of 22 cases, burning pain preceded the appearance of itch and in four cases the two complaints coincided. The median time from the moment when burning pain started until itch appeared was 150 seconds...
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: a clinical approachAlessandra Graziottin
Center of Gynecology and Medical Sexology, Milano, Italy
J Sex Marital Ther 30:125-39. 2004..Health care providers would therefore benefit from approaching the condition within a pain management framework focused on the woman's chronic pain, the impact on the couple's relationship, and any associated psychological sequelae...
- Are patch tests useful in plasma cell vulvitis?Annarosa Virgili
Dermatology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Reprod Med 49:105-7. 2004To evaluate eventual contact sensitization in 7 patients with plasma cell vulvitis (PCV).
- [Experiences with a special vulvar clinic in Oslo]Karin Edgardh
Vulvaklinikken, Kvinneklinikken, Rikshospitalet, 0027 Oslo
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 125:1026-7. 2005..The initiative was continued in 2003 by a multi-professional team in the dept. of gynaecology and obstetrics at Rikshospitalet University Hospital...
- Imiquimod treatment of vulvitis circumscripta plasmacellularisA Frega
Department of Gynecology, Perinatology and Child Health, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:161-2. 2006
- Tacrolimus 0.1% ointment: is it really effective in plasma cell vulvitis? Report of four casesAnnarosa Virgili
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Dermatology Section, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Dermatology 216:243-6. 2008Plasma cell vulvitis is a clinically and histologically well-characterized chronic disease that usually relapses after various topical therapies...
- A new instrument for pain assessment in vulvar vestibulitis syndromeCaroline F Pukall
Department of Psychology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Sex Marital Ther 30:69-78. 2004..g., burning). This novel device has several important implications for genital pain measurement in women who suffer from urogenital pain...
- By the way, doctor. I've had a burning sensation near the entrance to my vagina for about three years. After several tests, my doctor said I probably have vulvodynia. Can you tell me what causes it? Is there a cure?Celeste Robb-Nicholson
Harv Womens Health Watch 11:8. 2003
- New concepts in vulvodyniaLibby Edwards
Southeast Vulvar Clinic, 401 S Sharon Amity Road, Suite A, Charlotte, NC 28211, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:S24-30. 2003..Importantly, any therapy should be accompanied by patient education and psychological support. Because definitive data on effective therapies are lacking, further clinical investigations of treatment options are warranted...
- Estrogen receptor expression in vulvar vestibulitis syndromeLois J Eva
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Royal Free and University College Medical School Royal Free Campus, London, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:458-61. 2003..A pilot study was performed to investigate the relationship between vulvar vestibulitis syndrome and estrogen receptor expression...
- Overnight 5% lidocaine ointment for treatment of vulvar vestibulitisDenniz A Zolnoun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7570, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:84-7. 2003..To assess the effectiveness of nightly application of 5% lidocaine ointment for treatment of vulvar vestibulitis...
- Increased innervation of the vulval vestibule in patients with vulvodyniaP Tympanidis
Department of Dermatology, UCL Hospitals Trust, The Royal Free and University College of London School of Medicine, London, UK
Br J Dermatol 148:1021-7. 2003..The pathophysiology of vulval vestibulitis is still unclear...
- Vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: care made to measureW C M Weijmar Schultz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Groningen University Hospital, PO Box 30 001, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 23:5-6. 2002
- Re: vulvar vestibulitis may be a referred pain arising from laxity in the uterosacral ligaments: a hypothesis based on three prospective case reportsPeter Petros
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:484-5. 2004
- Vulvitis granulomatosa and unilateral hypertrophy of the vulva related to Crohn's disease: a case reportAndreas R Günthert
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1719-20. 2004..No fistulas were observed. The patient has had Crohn's disease for 8 years. Interrelationship of genital alterations and Crohn's disease are discussed...
- Human papillomavirus in vulvar vestibulitis syndromeGlenn Gaunt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Reprod Med 52:485-9. 2007..To investigate the prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) in patients with vulvar vestibulitis syndrome by using a recently developed polymerase chain reaction (PCR) primer set that detects known papillomavirus types...
- EMG biofeedback versus topical lidocaine gel: a randomized study for the treatment of women with vulvar vestibulitisIngela Danielsson
Departmenta of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sundsvall Hospital, Sundsvall, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:1360-7. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of electromyographic biofeedback and topical lidocaine treatment for women with vulvar vestibulitis...
- Surgical techniques: Surgery for Vulvar Vestibulitis syndromeAndrew Goldstein
The Centers for Vulvovaginal Disorders, Washington, DC, USA
J Sex Med 3:559-62. 2006
- Vestibulodynia (former vulvar vestibulitis): personality in affected womenElisabet Nylander Lundqvist
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 26:251-6. 2005..In order to optimize treatment of these patients we wanted to assess personality and its association with depression and anxiety...
- Successful treatment of Zoon's vulvitis with high potency topical steroidSylvia M Botros
Evanston Continence Center, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 1000 Central Street, Evanston, IL, 60201, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:178-9. 2006Zoon's vulvitis is a rare, chronic condition of the vulva that presents with burning, pruritus, and dysuria with characteristic lesions and histopathology. Several treatment options have been reported with limited success...
- Capsaicin and the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: a valuable alternative?Filippo Murina
Outpatients Department of Vulvar Disease, Vittore Buzzi Hospital ICP First, Obstetrics and Gynecological Clinic, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
MedGenMed 6:48. 2004..To assess the efficacy of topical capsaicin in the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis syndrome...
- Gynecologic manifestations of interstitial cystitisDeborah L Myers
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 45:233-41. 2002
- [Vulvar biopsy as the basis of effective therapy]W Weyers
Zentrum für Dermatopathologie, Freiburg
Ther Umsch 59:454-8. 2002..Importance, technique, and limitations of biopsies of the vulva are illustrated on the basis of three case reports...
- Outcome of surgical treatment for superficial dyspareunia from vulvar vestibulitisD Schneider
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
J Reprod Med 46:227-31. 2001..CONCLUSION: Surgical treatment for superficial dyspareunia from vestibulitis is quite safe and results in a high rate of patient satisfaction...
- Lichen planus and the vulvovaginal-gingival syndromeM A Ramer
Department of Pathology, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Periodontol 74:1385-93. 2003....
- Defective regulation of the proinflammatory immune response in women with vulvar vestibulitis syndromeStefan Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:696-700. 2002....
- Surgical treatment for the vulvar vestibulitis syndromeMaaike A F Traas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rijnstate Hospital, Arnhem, The Netherlands
Obstet Gynecol 107:256-62. 2006..To study the outcome and complications of surgical treatment for vulvar vestibulitis syndrome and to identify patient characteristics that may have influenced the outcome...
- A conceptual model for the pathophysiology of vulvar vestibulitis syndromeDenniz Zolnoun
Division of Advanced Laparoscopy and Pelvic Pain, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Center for Women s Health Research, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7570, USA
Obstet Gynecol Surv 61:395-401; quiz 423. 2006..This narrative review critically appraises current conceptualization of vestibulitis and presents a context for studying vestibulitis as a chronic pain disorder, emphasizing the need for objective assessment of clinical features...
- Enhancement of the perception of systemic pain in women with vulvar vestibulitisMichal Granot
Faculty of Health and Welfare Studies, University of Haifa, Department of Neurology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
BJOG 109:863-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine whether the characteristics of systemic pain perception and anxiety differ between women with vulvar vestibulitis and healthy women...
- Pediatric gynecology: assessment strategies and common problemsJane H Kass-Wolff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75390 9032, USA
Semin Reprod Med 21:329-38. 2003....
- Plasma cell vulvitis: a rare cause of intractable vulvar pruritusAndrew T Goldstein
Arch Dermatol 141:789-90. 2005
- Retrospective histopathologic reevaluation of 18 cases of plasma cell vulvitisAnnarosa Virgili
Dermatology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, and Pathological Anatomy Section, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
J Reprod Med 50:3-7. 2005To determine some common histologic features in a series of plasma cell vulvitis (PCV) cases.
- Itraconazole versus placebo in the management of vaginal candidiasisA Silva-Cruz
University Hospital of Santa Maria, Lisbon, Portugal
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 36:229-32. 1991..The scores for clinical symptoms, leukorrhea, vulvar pruritus, vaginitis and vulvitis, were compared in both groups before and after treatment...
- Pattern of non-venereal dermatoses of female external genitalia in South IndiaNidhi Singh
Department of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India
Dermatol Online J 14:1. 2008..Bartholin cyst, fibroepithelial stromal polyp, molluscum contagiosum (autoinoculated), and streptococcal vulvitis. This study highlights the importance of diagnosing non-venereal dermatoses and refutes the general misconception ..
- Vulvovaginitis in childhoodMetella Dei
Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 24:129-37. 2010Symptoms related to vulvitis and vulvovaginitis are a frequent complaint in the paediatric age...
- [Obesity in pregnant women as a problem in obstetrics]Agnieszka Seremak-Mrozikiewicz
Klinika Perinatologii i Chorób Kobiecych Katedry Perinatologii i Ginekologii UM w Poznaniu, Poznan
Ginekol Pol 78:234-8. 2007..An increased risk of endometritis in puerperium, thrombosis, vulvitis and infections of urinary tract have been observed in obese women...
- Chronic vulvitis in pre-pubertal girlsGayle Fischer
Department of Dermatology, Royal North Shore Hospital and University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 51:118-23. 2010..compared the characteristics of 38 girls and 68 post-menarchal adolescents and pre-menopausal women with chronic vulvitis. Nineteen (50%) of the pre-pubertal children had been previously diagnosed with candidiasis and 21 (55%) had been ..
- Idiopathic pustular vulvitisM Dhanjal
Queen Charlotte and Chelsea Hospital, London, UK
Clin Exp Dermatol 34:e789-91. 2009A 31-year-old woman presented in the 23rd week of her third pregnancy with extremely painful pustular vulvitis, unresponsive to antibiotics...
- Microbiological findings in prepubertal girls with vulvovaginitisNives Sikanić-Dugić
Center of Reproductive Health, Zagreb Children s Hospital, Klaiceva 16, HR 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Dermatovenerol Croat 17:267-72. 2009..In these cases, antibiotic treatment was administered. In the majority of prepubertal girls with either vulvitis or normal genital finding, simple measures to improve hygiene will lead to resolution of all symptoms.
- Medical and psychosocial diagnoses in women with a history of intimate partner violenceAmy E Bonomi
Department of Human Development and Family Science, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Arch Intern Med 169:1692-7. 2009..We characterized the relative risk of a wide range of diagnoses in women with a history of intimate partner violence (IPV) compared with never-abused women...
- Vulvar fixed drug eruption. A report of 13 casesGayle Fischer
Department of Dermatology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonard s, Sydney, Australia
J Reprod Med 52:81-6. 2007..Most of the medical literature has focused on the male genitalia. In the female, FDE may present as acute, recurrent or chronic vulvitis that resolves rapidly when the offending drug is ceased.
- Recurrent vulvar lymphangitis cured with vulvectomy in a cervical carcinoma patient: a case reportJohn P Micha
Gynecologic Oncology Associates, Hoag Cancer Center, Newport Beach, California 92663, USA
J Reprod Med 53:299-301. 2008..Recurrent vulvar lymphangitis secondary to pelvic lymphadenectomy and radiation therapy can be a vexing clinical dilemma...
- Topical immunosuppressants, genital lichen sclerosus and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma: a case reportGayle Fischer
Department of Dermatology, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
J Reprod Med 52:329-31. 2007..Once lichen sclerosus is well controlled, there is often no need for ongoing use of superpotent corticosteroids, and there may be no reason to use immunosuppressants when moderate-strength corticosteroids provide adequate control...
- [Preliminary study of vulvar and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasias]Yan li Guo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 41:561-4. 2009..To detect the clinical features of vulvar and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasias (VIN and VAIN, respectively)...
- Diagnosis of vulvar lesions by non-invasive optical analysis: a pilot studyAnne Therese Vlastos
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Rare Tumors 1:e8. 2009..that did not show obvious alterations, 4 cases of high-grade vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN), 5 cases of vulvitis, and 6 cases of lichen sclerosis (LS)...
- Ano-genital granulomatosis: the counterpart of oro-facial granulomatosisM R van de Scheur
Department of Dermatology, Medical Centre Vrije Universiteit ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 17:184-9. 2003Ano-genital granulomatosis encompasses the previously recognized clinical entities of vulvitis granulomatosa, posthitis granulomatosa, and ano-perineitis granulomatosa. We report three patients with ano-genital granulomatosis...
- [Problem infections of the external genital area in the female]E R Weissenbacher
Frauenklinik im Klinikum Grosshadern
Z Hautkr 64:406, 409-10. 1989..Since vulvitis and vaginitis are frequently associated with vaginal discharge, they may present a problem to dermatologists and ..
- [Chancriform pyoderma as a clinical problem: observation of 45 patients treated at the Dermatology Clinic, Medical Academy, in Cracow 1962-1986]Z Starzycki
Kliniki Dermatologii AM w Krakowie
Przegl Dermatol 77:348-54. 1990..1%) in adult males (93.3%), imitating or very similar to syphilitic primary chancre in our material was observed. A second case in the literature, of chancriform pyoderma on the dorsal surface of the tongue was recorded...
- Contact vulvitis due to Pseudowintera Colorata in a topical herbal medicamentMonica Corazza
Acta Derm Venereol 87:178-9. 2007
- Anti-inflammatory treatmentSusanna K Fistarol
Dermatology Department, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Curr Probl Dermatol 40:58-70. 2011..conditions, including anogenital lichen sclerosus (LS), oral and genital lichen planus, plasma cell balanitis and vulvitis, mucous membrane pemphigoid and pemphigus vulgaris, all conditions having usually a protracted course, requiring ..
- Neutrophil extracellular traps as innate immune reaction against the emerging apicomplexan parasite Besnoitia besnoitiTamara Muñoz Caro
Institute of Parasitology, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
PLoS ONE 9:e91415. 2014..in Europe causing economic losses and severe clinical signs, such as generalized dermatitis, orchitis, and vulvitis in affected animals...
- Apareunia in a patient with Zoon's vulvitisO O Ajibona
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:315. 2005
- Clinical effectiveness of a special silk textile in the treatment of recurrent pediatric inflammatory vulvitis: an open label pilot studyA Patrizi
Department of Internal Medicine, Geriatrics and Nephrology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 146:317-20. 2011Pediatric inflammatory vulvitis (PIV) is clinically characterized by itching, soreness and inflammation and can be due to both an infective process and a non-specific irritative process, especially in atopic patients...
- [A woman with cayenne pepper spots]Nina Kouloubis
Sint Franciscus Gasthuis, Rotterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A5685. 2013..Biopsy revealed an inflammatory cell infiltrate mostly consisting of plasma cells, and the diagnosis 'vulvitis circumscripta plasmacellularis' was established...
- The unconsummated marriage: causes and managementM H Addar
Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, King Khaled University Hospital, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:279-81. 2004..To describe the characteristics of a group of couples with unconsummated marriages and highlight the usual causes and factors for successful management...
- Multiple odontogenic abscesses. Thoracic and abdomino-perineal extension in an immuno competent patientBartolomé Arias-Chamorro
Maxillofacial Surgery Resident, Hospital Carlos Haya, Malaga, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 16:e772-5. 2011..However, OI with an abdominal component, caused by bacteraemia with dental foci or the direct passage of pus from the thorax to the abdomen, are unusual...
- Enhanced synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines by vulvar vestibular fibroblasts: implications for vulvar vestibulitisDavid C Foster
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:346.e1-8. 2007....
- A histologic review of vulvar inflammatory dermatoses and intraepithelial neoplasmMaria Angelica Selim
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dermatol Clin 28:649-67. 2010..The new classifications of vulvar inflammatory and intraepithelial neoplasm proposed by the ISSVD are used as guidelines to review the wide spectrum of diseases involving this organ...
- Ulcerative vulvitis and balanitis in sheep flocksG C Pritchard
Veterinary Laboratories Agency Bury St Edmunds, Rougham Hill, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 2RX, UK
Vet Rec 163:86-9. 2008Outbreaks of ulcerative vulvitis and balanitis occurred in three commercial sheep flocks in England and Wales. Between 29 and 44 per cent of the ewes were affected; most of the lesions resolved in three weeks...
- The clinical characteristics of female patients with Fournier's gangreneAhmet Oguz Hasdemir
Department of General Surgery, Abant Izzet Baysal University Medical Faculty, Bolu, 14280, Turkey
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:1439-43. 2009..Our aim was to review our experience with Fournier's gangrene in female patients...
- Reiter's syndrome: the classic triad and moreInes B Wu
Dermatology, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry, Newark, New Jersey 07103 2714, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:113-21. 2008..Dermatologic manifestations are common, including keratoderma blennorrhagicum, circinate balanitis, ulcerative vulvitis, nail changes, and oral lesions...
- Bladder and bowel symptoms among women with vulvar disease: are they universal?Colleen M Kennedy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA
J Reprod Med 52:1073-8. 2007..To compare the prevalence of painful bladder syndrome, recurrent urinary tract infections, urinary leakage and irritable bowel syndrome between women with specific vulvar disorders and controls...
- Psychological and sexual functioning in women with vulvar vestibulitisE A Gates
Department of Psychology, Warner 228, 1 University Plaza, University of Wisconsin Platteville, Platteville, WI 53818, USA
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 22:221-8. 2001..It was hypothesized that women with vestibulitis would experience greater psychological stress and sexual dissatisfaction than controls...
- The result of treatment on vestibular and general pain thresholds in women with provoked vestibulodyniaNina Bohm-Starke
Department of Clinical Sciences, Karolinska Institutet, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Clin J Pain 23:598-604. 2007..To correlate changes in vestibular pain thresholds to general pain thresholds in a subgroup of women with provoked vestibulodynia taking part in a treatment study...
- Vulvovaginal-gingival syndromeN Panagiotopoulou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, North Manchester General Hospital, Delaunays Road, Crumpsall, Manchester M8 5RB, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 30:226-30. 2010..Literature review with particular regard to therapeutic approaches is performed with a view towards a cooperative treatment study...
- A case of idiopathic granulomatous cheilitis and vulvitisPaolo Sbano
Department of Clinical Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Int J Dermatol 46:720-1. 2007..The pathology reports of both regions were compatible with a diagnosis of granulomatous cheilitis and vulvitis. To investigate concomitant asymptomatic inflammatory bowel disease, the patient underwent colonoscopy with ..
- Cytologic diagnosis of vulvar Paget's disease by means of brushing smear: report of a caseYasunobu Funamoto
Department of Diagnostic Pathology, Kagawa University Hospital, Kagawa, Japan
Diagn Cytopathol 38:127-31. 2010Paget's disease of the vulva is a rare entity; since it may show the same clinical symptoms as benign chronic vulvitis, it may result in a delayed diagnosis...
- The major histopathologic characteristics in the vulvar vestibulitis syndromeReuvit Halperin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:75-9. 2005....
- Vulval vestibulitisPat Munday
BMJ 328:1214-5. 2004
- Hypnotherapy as a treatment for vulvar vestibulitis syndrome: a case reportKristina Kandyba
Department of Psychology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Sex Marital Ther 29:237-42. 2003..Despite having persistent pain during intercourse for 3 years with several partners, she experienced no more pain following treatment, and remained pain free at a 12-month follow up...
- Vulvar vestibulitis: evidence of depression and state anxiety in patients and partnersElisabet Nylanderlundqvist
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Acta Derm Venereol 83:369-73. 2003..A depressive status in their partners may indicate the presence of relational problems...
- [1st isolation of vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecium with the vanB genotype in Argentina: presentation of 2 cases]G Miranda
Laboratorio de Microbiologia, Policlinico Bancario, Gaona 2197, 1416 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Argent Microbiol 35:41-4. 2003..25 microgram/ml in case 2. PCR was performed to confirm the vanB genotype. The molecular fingerprints of the isolations by PFGE revealed that they were identical. No further VanB strains were isolated in the hospital...
- Ulcerative vulvitis in atypical Reiter's syndromeHelen E Lotery
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:613-6. 2003..Vulvar lesions have rarely been described in Reiter's syndrome and are not well characterized...
- Plasma cell vulvitis and response to topical steroids: a case reportLoay David
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, Shepperton House, George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust, College Street, Nuneaton CV10 7DJ, UK
Int J STD AIDS 14:568-9. 2003Plasma cell vulvitis is a condition which, due to its rarity, can be difficult to diagnose and challenging to treat...
- Vulvitis and vulvovaginitis: cutaneous considerationsM McKay
Department of Dermatology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 165:1176-82. 1991..Few skin diseases are curable but all are treatable; effective management is defined by whether a medication reliably controls outbreaks or symptoms when it is used. Patience is recommended, because treatment may take weeks or months...
- Idiopathic granulomatous vulvitisDarion M Rowan
National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Australas J Dermatol 45:181-3. 2004..Lymphangiomas have developed. Histology showed non-necrotizing granulomas. Investigations for Crohn's disease and sarcoidosis were negative. Prednisone resulted in improvement during acute inflammatory episodes...
- Use of oral contraceptive pills and vulvar vestibulitis: a case-control studyCeline Bouchard
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Hôpital du Saint Sacrement du Centre Hospitalier Affilié Universitaire de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 156:254-61. 2002..The relative risk was higher when the pill used was of high progestogenic, high androgenic, and low estrogenic potency. The possibility that OC use may contribute to the occurrence of vulvar vestibulitis needs to be evaluated carefully...
- The expression of cyclooxygenase 2 and inducible nitric oxide synthase indicates no active inflammation in vulvar vestibulitisN Bohm-Starke
Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Karolinska Institutet Danderyd Hospital, Danderyd, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:638-44. 2001..The results indicate no active inflammation present and imply that topical corticosteroids in the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis are unfounded...
- Understanding vulvodyniaJ L Byth
Wesley Medical Centre, Wesley Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 39:139-48; quiz 149-50. 1998..Their aetiology is discussed and available therapies are presented...
- A deficiency in interferon-alpha production in women with vulvar vestibulitisStefan Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:361-4. 2002..We evaluated whether women with this syndrome had a deficiency in endogenous and induced interferon-alpha production...
- Extramammary Paget's disease found by abnormal vulvar brush samplingB K J Yu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:35-6. 2002Doctors are usually reluctant to perform a vulvar biopsy on a patient with non-specific chronic vulvitis--especially because of the rarity of vulvar malignancy in young women--until the lesion is suspected of being malignant...
- Treatment of vulvar vestibulitis with submucous infiltrations of methylprednisolone and lidocaine. An alternative approachF Murina
Outpatient Department of Vulvar Disease, Center for the Early Diagnosis of Female Genital Cancer, Via Faravelli n 31, Milan, Italy
J Reprod Med 46:713-6. 2001..To assess the efficacy of submucous infiltrations of methylprednisolone and lidocaine into the vulvar vestibule for the treatment of vulvar vestibulitis...
- Granulomatous cheilitis with granulomatous vulvitis: a rare associationSrinath M Kambil
Department of Dermatology, Father Muller Medical College, Kankanady, Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 79:799-801. 2013Granulomatous cheilitis and granulomatous vulvitis are rare disorders characterized by painless swelling of lips and vulva, respectively. Histopathology of both conditions show non-caseating epithelioid cell granulomas in the dermis...
- Gynecologic effects of arzoxifene in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis or low bone massSteven R Goldstein
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Menopause 19:41-7. 2012..The aim of this study was to report the gynecologic safety findings from the Generations trial, a phase 3 study of the selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM), arzoxifene...
- Vestibular tactile and pain thresholds in women with vulvar vestibulitis syndromeCaroline F Pukall
Department of Psychology, McGill University, 1205 Dr Penfield Avenue, Montreal, Canada
Pain 96:163-75. 2002..The data imply that VVS may reflect a specific pathological process in the vestibular region, superimposed on systemic hypersensitivity to tactile and pain stimuli...
- Crohn's disease of the vulvaS M Andreani
Department of Surgery, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Leytonstone E11 1NR, London, United Kingdom
Int J Surg 8:2-5. 2010..the literature without language barrier from 1966 to 2009 through Pubmed with the following words: vulva and CD, vulvitis and CD, genital CD...
- Vulval allergic contact dermatitis due to peppermint oil in herbal teaH Vermaat
Department of Dermatology, VU Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Contact Dermatitis 58:364-5. 2008
- Successful treatment with infliximab and methotrexate of pyostomatitis vegetans associated with Crohn's diseaseG Bens
Departments of Dermatology, Hopital du Haut leveque, Bordeaux University Hospital, Avenue de Magellan, F 33604 Pessac Cedex, Bordeaux, France
Br J Dermatol 149:181-4. 2003..Infliximab and methotrexate may be a promising treatment for the rare cases of pyostomatitis vegetans associated with Crohn's disease...
- [Perianal Bowen's disease: a case report and review of the literature]A Bertagni
UO di Chirurgia Generale II, Unità di Chirurgia Oncologica, Ospedale GB Morgagni L Pierantoni, Forli
Tumori 89:16-8. 2003..We report a case of a 50-years-old woman with recurrence of Bowen's disease associated with vulvar HPV infection and review the literature...
- Vulvar vestibulitis: a real syndrome?Grazia Marin
J Reprod Med 47:775; author reply 775-6. 2002
- Vulval herpetic adhesion: a steroid success storyRachel Challenor
Genitourinary Medicine Department, Derriford Hospital, Derriford, Plymouth PL6 8DH, UK
Int J STD AIDS 19:55-6. 2008..We believe this is only the second reported case of successful resolution of vulval herpetic adhesion using topical potent corticosteroid as the primary early treatment...
- 'HPV vulvitis' revisited: frequent and persistent detection of novel epidermodysplasia verruciformis-associated HPV genotypesMing Tseh Lin
Division of Dermatology and Dermatopathology, Department of Pathology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:259-72. 2008Human papillomavirus (HPV) vulvitis' is a disputed entity where most studies examining for genital-mucosal (GM) HPV have been negative.
- Chronic vulvar purpura: persistent pigmented purpuric dermatitis (lichen aureus) of the vulva or plasma cell (Zoon's) vulvitis?Qing Li
Division of Dermatopathology, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
J Cutan Pathol 30:572-6. 2003..Plasma cell vulvitis (Zoon's vulvitis) is a rare condition that frequently contains hemosiderin deposits and is suspected to be a ..
- Resolution of vulvitis circumscripta plasmacellularis with topical imiquimod: two case reportsH L Ee
National Skin Centre, 1 Mandalay Road, Singapore 308205, Republic of Singapore
Br J Dermatol 149:638-41. 2003b>Vulvitis circumscripta plasmacellularis (VCP) is a rare but well-described entity. It is notorious for its recalcitrant nature to various modalities of treatment...
- Some minor female reproductive system disorders: findings in the Oxford-Family Planning Association contraceptive studyMartin Vessey
Unit of Health Care Epidemiology, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 35:105-10. 2009..No information has been published about a number of common minor conditions. This report fills the gap with regard to uterine polyp, cervicitis, cervical erosion, and vaginitis and vulvitis.
- Investigation of the sensitivity of a cross-polarized light visualization system to detect subclinical erythema and dryness in women with vulvovaginitisMiranda A Farage
Feminine Clinical Sciences, The Procter and Gamble Company, Cincinnati, OH 45224, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:20.e1-6. 2009..We sought to compare the Syris v600 system with unaided visual inspection and colposcopy of the female genitalia...
- Vulval and perianal inflammatory linear verrucous epidermal naevusKatie Le
Department of Dermatology, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Australas J Dermatol 50:115-7. 2009..ILVEN occasionally presents in the inguinogenital region and in this area may, like many vulval naevi, be misdiagnosed as vulvitis, psoriasis, genital warts or sexual abuse.
- Vulvar granuloma fissuratum: a description of fissuring of the posterior fourchette and the repairColleen M Kennedy
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1018-23. 2005..To describe the characteristics of women who experience chronic fissuring of the posterior fourchette and the outcome of treatment administered...
- In favor of an integrated pain-relief treatment approach for vulvar vestibulitis syndromeS Bergeron
Department of Sexology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Department of Psychology, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital
J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol 23:7-9. 2002
- Vulvar diseaseDavid C Foster
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, New York 14642, USA
Obstet Gynecol 100:145-63. 2002..This review of vulvar disease highlights a number of common and problematic vulvar conditions. Treatment options for vulvar conditions are covered with an expanded discussion of newer immune response modifiers...
- Interstitial cystitis coexisting with vulvar vestibulitis in a 4-year-old girlD O Selo-Ojeme
St John s Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex, UK
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 13:261-2. 2002..Gynecologists are often called upon to deal with symptoms referable to the genital tract. It is important to always include interstitial cystitis in the differential diagnosis of urinary symptoms associated with pelvic pain...
- Vulvar vestibulitis trial: Desipramine-LidocaineDavid Foster; Fiscal Year: 2006..equally effective or is one superior to the other? Is there any benefit from combined local and systemic treatments? And finally, do genetic characteristics and tissue cytokine concentrations influence treatment response? ..
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..