Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the VAGINA.
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- The detection and management of vaginal atrophyShawna L Johnston
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 26:503-15. 2004..To support the practitioner in the diagnosis of vaginal atrophy and in the management of the related symptoms...
- Pitfalls in the diagnosis and management of obstructive uterovaginal duplication: a series of 32 casesCarmen Capito
Department of Pediatric, Necker Enfants Malades, Hospital, Paris V University, Paris, France
Pediatrics 122:e891-7. 2008..The aims of this study were to review all the patients managed for this malformation in our institution, evaluate their long-term outcomes, and discuss the embryologic origin of this malformation...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor levels in cervicovaginal secretion of elderly womenKoichiro Shimoya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Maturitas 54:141-8. 2006..The aim of the present study was to examine whether there is an association between the SLPI concentration in the cervicovaginal secretion (CS) and vaginal complaints of post-menopausal women...
- Vulvovaginal carriage of yeasts other than Candida albicansJ Holland
Mayne Health Laverty Pathology, NSW, Australia ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 79:249-50. 2003..We investigated the spectrum of yeasts isolated, and compared the epidemiological and laboratory characteristics of women carrying vulvovaginal Candida albicans with those carrying yeasts other than C. albicans...
- Vaginal paravaginal repair with porcine dermal reinforcement: correction of advanced anterior vaginal prolapseAmanda J Simsiman
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1832-6. 2006..The objective of the study was to determine the efficacy of the vaginal paravaginal repair using porcine dermal graft reinforcement for the correction of advanced anterior vaginal prolapse...
- Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) - results from an international surveyR E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Gynecological Endocrinology and Menopause Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Climacteric 15:36-44. 2012..To assess knowledge of vaginal atrophy among women using the Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) survey...
- Women's voices in the menopause: results from an international survey on vaginal atrophyRossella E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Morphological, Eidological and Clinical Sciences, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Maturitas 67:233-8. 2010..To consider issues relating to vaginal atrophy via an international survey...
- Vulvovaginal atrophyMaire B Mac Bride
Division of General Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 85:87-94. 2010..Local estrogen treatment for this group of women remains controversial...
- Recommendations for the management of postmenopausal vaginal atrophyD W Sturdee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust, Solihull Hospital, UK
Climacteric 13:509-22. 2010....
- The effectiveness of live lactobacilli in combination with low dose oestriol (Gynoflor) to restore the vaginal flora after treatment of vaginal infectionsErdinc Ozkinay
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir 35100, Turkey
BJOG 112:234-40. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of live lactobacilli in combination with low dose oestriol for restoration of the vaginal flora after anti-infective treatment...
- Replens versus dienoestrol cream in the symptomatic treatment of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal womenM Bygdeman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Maturitas 23:259-63. 1996..This study was designed to evaluate the efficacy of Replens, a non-hormonal moisturizing vaginal gel, on symptoms of vaginal atrophy in postmenopausal women, in comparison with Dienoestrol (Cilag), an oestrogenic vaginal cream...
- Low dose estriol pessaries for the treatment of vaginal atrophy: a double-blind placebo-controlled trial investigating the efficacy of pessaries containing 0.2mg and 0.03mg estriolHenrik Griesser
ZPZ, Center of Pathology and Cytodiagnostics, Emil Hoffmann Straße 7a, D 50996 Cologne, Germany
Maturitas 71:360-8. 2012..The aim of the study was to confirm the superior efficacy of estriol containing pessaries compared to placebo in the treatment of vaginal atrophy...
- EMAS clinical guide: low-dose vaginal estrogens for postmenopausal vaginal atrophyMargaret Rees
Women s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Maturitas 73:171-4. 2012..Use after breast cancer, before assessment of cervical cytology and prolapse surgery is also discussed...
- Efficacy of low-dose intravaginal estriol on urogenital aging in postmenopausal womenSalvatore Dessole
Department of Pharmacology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Menopause 11:49-56. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of intravaginal estriol administration on urinary incontinence, urogenital atrophy, and recurrent urinary tract infections in postmenopausal women...
- The CLOSER (CLarifying Vaginal Atrophy's Impact On SEx and Relationships) survey: implications of vaginal discomfort in postmenopausal women and in male partnersRossella E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive, Medicine, Gynecological Endocrinology and Menopause Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Sex Med 10:2232-41. 2013..Postmenopausal vaginal atrophy (VA) is a chronic condition with symptoms that include vaginal dryness, soreness, itching, burning, and dyspareunia...
- Efficacy and tolerability of local estrogen therapy for urogenital atrophyDavid F Archer
CONRAD Clinical Research Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Menopause 17:194-203. 2010....
- The role of gamma interferon in immune resistance to vaginal infection by herpes simplex virus type 2 in miceM B Parr
School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 62901 6523, USA
Virology 258:282-94. 1999....
- Laparoscopic repair of vaginal evisceration: a case reportJose Bueno Lledo
Servicio de Cirugía Gerneral y del Aparato Digestivo II, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:446-8. 2002..We report the first case in the international literature of vaginal evisceration managed by laparoscopy...
- Clinical evaluation of affirm VPIII in the detection and identification of Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Candida species in vaginitis/vaginosisHaywood L Brown
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Pathology, St Vincent Hospitals and Health Service, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 12:17-21. 2004..To compare the Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification Test for detection and identification of Candida species, Gardnerella vaginalis and Trichomonas vaginalis to clinical and microscopic criteria commonly used to diagnose vaginitis...
- Surgical complications and medium-term outcome results of tension-free vaginal tape: a prospective study of 313 consecutive patientsIshai Levin
Urogynecology and Pelvic Floor Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Neurourol Urodyn 23:7-9. 2004..A prospective study was undertaken to examine the incidence of surgical complications and medium-term outcomes of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery in a large, heterogeneous group of stress-incontinent women...
- The effects of postmenopausal Vitamin D treatment on vaginal atrophyBasak Yildirim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pamukkale University Medical Faculty, Denizli, Turkey
Maturitas 49:334-7. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of Vitamin D for relieving vaginal atrophy...
- Effect of estradiol valerate and levonorgestrel on vaginal healthJittima Manonai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 115:190-3. 2004..To evaluate the effect of the combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) estradiol valerate/levonorgestrel on vaginal symptoms, vaginal health index, vaginal pH, and vaginal cytology...
- Cystocele repair by a synthetic vaginal mesh secured anteriorly through the obturator foramenAnsquer Yan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hopital Bichat, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 115:90-4. 2004..Our aim was to assess the feasibility and short-term results of cystocele repair by the placement of a synthetic subvesical mesh secured anteriorly through the obturator foramen...
- Characteristics of patients with vaginal rupture and eviscerationAndrew J Croak
Section of Gynecologic Surgery, Division of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:572-6. 2004..To characterize vaginal rupture and evisceration...
- Differences in vaginal dryness according to hormone therapy schedule using pH test strip in two groups of postmenopausal womenSebastian Carranza-Lira
Gynecologic Endocrinology Service Luis Castelazo Ayala, Gynecology and Obstetrics Hospital, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico DF
Int J Fertil Womens Med 49:88-90. 2004..To compare vaginal dryness in two groups of postmenopausal women according to hormone replacement therapy schedule using pH test strip...
- Long-term follow-up after conservative surgery for rectovaginal endometriosisLuigi Fedele
Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica dell Università di Milano, Ospedale San Paolo, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1020-4. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate long-term results in patients who received conservative surgical treatment for rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Effect of raloxifene on sexual function in postmenopausal womenB Kessel
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Hawaii, Queen s Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Climacteric 6:248-56. 2003..To determine the effects of raloxifene on sexual function in postmenopausal women with pre-existing vaginal atrophy treated with vaginal estrogen cream...
- Practical aspects in the management of vaginal atrophy and sexual dysfunction in perimenopausal and postmenopausal womenIrwin Goldstein
J Sex Med 2:154-65. 2005..Vaginal atrophy is an important contributor to postmenopausal sexual dysfunction...
- Vulvovaginal complaintsAasta Mehta
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:549-55. 2008..Summary of various management options such as hormonal, nonhormonal, and botanical interventions...
- Nonoxynol-9 100 mg gel: multi-site safety study from sub-Saharan AfricaIrving F Hoffman
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
AIDS 18:2191-5. 2004..To evaluate the safety of 100 mg nonoxynol-9 (N-9) gel, a vaginal microbicide, on the genital mucosa of women from Malawi and Zimbabwe in preparation for a phase III efficacy study...
- [Assessment of the urinary side effects after surgery for deep pelvic endometriosis]G Dubernard
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Tenon AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 35:S1-7. 2007..To evaluate the urinary side effects after laparoscopic surgery for deep endometriosis...
- Effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal healthJittima Manonai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Menopause 14:919-24. 2007..To evaluate the effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal symptoms, vaginal health index, vaginal pH, and vaginal cytology in healthy postmenopausal women...
- Risk factors influencing the complication rates of tension-free vaginal tape-type proceduresBulent Cetinel
Department of Urology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:530-4. 2005..This review attempts to summarize the current studies which address the possible risk factors influencing the complication rates of TVT-type procedures...
- Reproductive performance in infertile women with rectovaginal endometriosis: is surgery worthwhile?Paolo Vercellini
Benign Gynecologic Surgery Unit, Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica II, University of Milan, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1303-10. 2006....
- Post-coital vaginal vault rupture following radical hysterectomyH Elbiss
Worcesteshire Royal Hospital, Worcester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:522-3. 2005
- Treatment of symptomatic rectovaginal endometriosis with an estrogen-progestogen combination versus low-dose norethindrone acetatePaolo Vercellini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica I, University of Milan, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 84:1375-87. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of an estrogen-progestogen combination versus low-dose norethindrone acetate in the treatment of persistent pain after surgery for symptomatic rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Biomesh (Pelvicol) erosion following repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapseMartin Rudnicki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roskilde University Hospital, 4000, Roskilde, Denmark
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:693-5. 2007..The graft was rejected due to intolerance to the biomesh or an infection. Our study shows that an erosion following implantation of a biomesh may be complicated...
- Transverse retubularized ileal vaginoplasty: a new application of the Monti principle--preliminary reportC Trombetta
Department of Urology, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Italy
Eur Urol 48:1018-23; discussion 1023-4. 2005..Herein we present our successful experience with vaginal reconstruction by the use of a modified ileal segment according to the Monti principle...
- Outcomes and treatment options in rectovaginal endometriosisKenneth R Emmanuel
The Centre for Reproductive Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:399-402. 2005..This review aims to explore the recent literature surrounding the role of colorectal surgery in rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Low-dose, vaginally administered estrogens may enhance local benefits of systemic therapy in the treatment of urogenital atrophy in postmenopausal women on hormone therapySantiago Palacios
Instituto Palacios, Salud y Medicina de la Mujer, Madrid, Spain
Maturitas 50:98-104. 2005..Thus, in order to obtain a prompt improvement, the association of local therapy acting on the genital epithelium to the systemic treatment should be considered...
- Retention of a vaginal ring pessary in a postmenopausal patientW B Stephan
S Afr Med J 97:552. 2007
- Comparison of vaginal length after iliococcygeus fixation and sacrospinous ligament fixationCarlos A Medina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jackson Memorial Hospital University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:267-70. 2008..To compare vaginal length after iliococcygeus fixation (ICF) and sacrospinous ligament fixation (SSLF)...
- Is reconstruction of the vaginal atresia by surgery always justified? Medical and psychological aspectsMarlene Heinz
Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology, Medicine Centre Hospital Lichtenberg, Berlin, Germany
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 43:17-9. 2004
- Evaluation of a new selective enrichment broth for detection of group B streptococci in pregnant womenJudith S Heelan
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:896-7. 2005..Use of GBS broth would satisfy Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requirements and would provide faster, more-sensitive, and cost-effective detection of group B streptococci in pregnant women...
- [Prolapse of appendices epiploicae due to vaginal vault [corrected] rupture]H M P Pelikan
Atrium Medisch Centrum, afd Gynaecologie en Verloskunde, Heerlen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2281-3. 2007..In premenopausal women it is most often associated with coitus or trauma. The vaginal wall defect can be closed from a vaginal approach but if there is any doubt about the viability ofthe viscera, a laparotomy should be carried out...
- [Vaginal evisceration. Report of a new case]J Delotte
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, reproduction et médecine foetale, Hopital Archet II, 151, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079, 06202 Nice cedex 03, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:126-8. 2005..Risk factors for this rare clinical entity are discussed along with the different therapeutic options...
- Predicting the presence of rectovaginal endometriosis from the clinical history: a retrospective observational studyA N Griffiths
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:493-5. 2007..The classical symptoms often attributed to irritable bowel syndrome are also common in women with rectovaginal disease...
- [Laparoscopic therapy of intestinal endometriosis and the ranking of drug treatment]J Keckstein
Abteilung für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Landeskrankenhaus Villach, Kärnten
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:259-66. 2003..Large nodules make a segmental resection necessary. Deep lesions are resected with stapling devices. Nodules in the sigmoid ore removed by laparoscopic assisted hand-sewn anastomosis...
- [Clinical study about diagnosis and management on 10 women with rectovaginal endometriosis]Han bi Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 38:277-9. 2003..To study the diagnosis and therapy of the rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Postpartum angiographic embolization for vulvovaginal hematoma. A report of two casesJ Villella
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Radiology, Winthrop-University Hospital, 259 First Street, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
J Reprod Med 46:65-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: In the setting of a puerperal hematoma refractory to conventional first-line therapy, arterial embolization provides a rational, effective alternative for achieving hemostasis with minimal morbidity...
- Vaginal dryness assessment in postmenopausal women using pH test stripSebastian Carranza-Lira
Gynecologic Endocrinology Service, Luis Castelazo Ayala, Gynecology and Obstetrics Hospital, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Puente de piedra 150 422 Torre I, Col Toriello Guerra, CP 14050 México D F, Mexico
Maturitas 45:55-8. 2003..To objectively analyze vaginal dryness in postmenopausal women...
- Surgery of the canine vagina and vulvaK G Mathews
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 31:271-90. 2001..Finally, preoperative placement of a fentanyl patch and pre- or postoperative epidural analgesia are highly recommended for any vulvovaginal surgical procedure...
- Posterior intravaginal slingplasty (infracoccygeal sacropexy) in the treatment of vaginal vault prolapseZ Ghanbari
Vali e Asr Reproductive Health Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 94:147-8. 2006
- Vaginal microbiological flora, and behavioural and clinical findings in women with vulvar painK Tchoudomirova
Department of Venerology, University Hospital, Bulgaria
BJOG 108:451-5. 2001....
- Vaginal estrogen preparations: a review of safety and efficacy for vaginal atrophyCarolyn Crandall
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Iris Cantor UCLA Women s Health Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 7023, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 11:857-77. 2002..e., vaginal) therapy of genitourinary symptoms could be avoidance of systemic adverse effects. Review of efficacy and adverse effects of commonly prescribed vaginal estrogens is of great clinical relevance...
- Effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophyAnna Parsons
University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:346-52. 2003..To study the effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen cream or nonhormonal moisturizer in postmenopausal women with preexisting signs of vaginal atrophy...
- Estrogen replacement reverses ovariectomy-induced vaginal hyperalgesia in the ratHeather B Bradshaw
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Copeland Street, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
Maturitas 41:157-65. 2002..This study examined if ovariectomy in rats would similarly give rise to vaginal hyperalgesia, and, if so, whether estrogen replacement would alleviate it...
- Vaginal rings delivering progesterone and estradiol may be a new method of hormone replacement therapyTakeshi Maruo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Fertil Steril 78:1010-6. 2002..To determine whether a low dose of P delivered together with E(2) from a vaginal ring on a continuous schedule can prevent endometrial proliferation and yield a bleeding pattern dominated by amenorrhea...
- Endometriosis: novel etiopathogenetic concepts and clinical perspectivesMario Vignali
IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 78:665-78. 2002..To discuss current ideas about therapy for endometriosis derived from new observations generated by using molecular biology techniques and in vivo animal models of disease...
- Group B streptococcus carriage and vulvovaginal symptoms: causal or casual? A case-control study in a GUM clinic populationC Shaw
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Initiative, 2 6 Sandyford Place, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7NB, UK
Sex Transm Infect 79:246-8. 2003..This case-control study tested the hypothesis that detection of GBS on routine clinical specimens is not causally related to vulvovaginal symptoms in female GUM clinic attendees...
- Imaging of the vagina and vulvaSilvia D Chang
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Canada
Radiol Clin North Am 40:637-58. 2002..Future advancements in the imaging evaluation of vaginal and vulvar cancers will likely focus on functional imaging...
- Formulation and evaluation of metronidazole acid gel for vaginal contraceptionSanaa A El-Gizawy
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Pharm Pharmacol 55:903-9. 2003..In conclusion, the designed gel has potential advantages of achieving a long retention time and effective drug concentrations in the vagina for at least 1 h after application, and of maintaining vaginal pH within its normal range...
- The effect of a soy rich diet on the vaginal epithelium in postmenopause: a randomized double blind trialL M Chiechi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology III, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare II, Bari 70124, Italy
Maturitas 45:241-6. 2003..First Wilcox in 1990, showed an increase of the vaginal cell maturation with phytoestrogens on postmenopausal women, but this has not been confirmed in some subsequent studies...
- Management quandary. Severe dysmenorrhea due to obstructive anomalyKristi M Mulchahey
Atlanta Gyn Associates, Georgia, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:175-7. 2002
- Isolation of Neissseria meningitidis from an unusual siteRina Karunakaran
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 24:103-5. 2002..Her symptoms disappeared without treatment after two weeks. We conclude that although the organism may have been a colonizer, it is possible that it was responsible for the self-limiting genital infection in this patient...
- Urogenital symptoms and resulting discomfort in non-institutionalized Dutch women aged 50-75 yearsJ M van Geelen
St. Anna Hospital, Oss, The Netherlands
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 11:9-14. 2000..Hysterectomized women reported moderate to severe complaints more often than non-hysterectomized ones. There were no significant differences in prevalence estimates between former and current smokers and non-smokers...
- Local estrogen treatment in patients with urogenital symptomsV Simunic
Human Reproduction Unit, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Zagreb, University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 82:187-97. 2003..Determination of the efficacy and safety of vaginally administered low dose (25 microg) micronized 17beta-estradiol in the management of patients with urogenital symptoms...
- Training in the diagnosis and management of vulvovaginal diseasesRuth Murphy
From the Department of Dermatology, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, U K
J Reprod Med 52:87-92. 2007To investigate the training of clinical members of the British Society for the Study of Vulvo-vaginal Diseases (BSSVD) and International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD) and report how the future training in this ..
- [Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia: a current problem]José Alberto Fonseca-Moutinho
Faculdade de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:420-6. 2008..neoplasia (VIN) is a pathological denomination coined by the International Society for Study of Vulvo-vaginal Diseases (ISSVD) and adopted by the International Society of Gynaecological Pathology (ISGYP) and by the World Health ..
- The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome: a severe subgroup of lichen planus with characteristic clinical features and a novel association with the class II HLA DQB1*0201 alleleJane F Setterfield
St John s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:98-113. 2006..The vulvovaginal gingival syndrome is an uncommon and severe variant of lichen planus characterized by erosions or desquamation of vulval, vaginal, and gingival mucosae with a predilection for scarring and stricture formation...
- [Intra-lesional beta-interferon in combination with systemic thymopentin. Evaluation of results in 35 cases of CIN III and 2 cases of VAIN associated with HPV]G Osnengo
Ospedale Ginecologico Ostetrico, Sant Anna, Torino
Minerva Ginecol 42:123-8. 1990..The istologic examination underlined the previous microcolpohysteroscopic report of dysplastic regression until its disapperance, with lasting VCE in all the cases...
- Ospemifene: first global approvalShelley Elkinson
Adis R and D Insight, 41 Centorian Drive, Private Bag 65901 Mairangi Bay, North Shore 0754, Auckland, New Zealand
Drugs 73:605-12. 2013..This article summarizes the milestones in the development of ospemifene leading to this first approval for moderate to severe dyspareunia, a symptom of postmenopausal vulvar and vaginal atrophy...
- Increased nerve density in deep infiltrating endometriotic nodulesV Anaf
Department of Gynecology, Academic Hospital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Bruxelles, Belgium
Gynecol Obstet Invest 71:112-7. 2011..In order to clarify this issue, we assessed the nerve density in deep infiltrating endometriotic nodules of the posterior vagina and in the adjacent healthy vaginal tissue of the same patient...
- [Imaging of the cervix and the vagina]J P Rouanet
CMC Beausoleil, 119, , 34070 Montpellier
J Radiol 82:1845-53. 2001..Pathology of the pelvic floor, vagina, vulva, and perineum also includes a wide range of entities that have seldom been described in the imaging literature...
- Dissemination of Chlamydia trachomatis chronic genital tract infection in gamma interferon gene knockout miceT W Cotter
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Madison 53706, USA
Infect Immun 65:2145-52. 1997..Data also indicate that IFN-gamma is not required for modulating reinfections, which normally follow a shorter and less dramatic course...
- Maternal morbidity: results of a country-wide reviewAhmad Quteitat
Ministry of Health, Amman, Jordan
Arch Gynecol Obstet 286:1357-62. 2012..To determine the incidence of maternal morbidity and to identify its main causes in Jordan...
- Concomitant vaginal surgery did not affect outcome of the tension-free vaginal tape operation during a prospective 3-year followup studySeija Meltomaa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
J Urol 172:222-6. 2004..We compare outcomes when vaginal surgery and a tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) operation were done concomitantly and when only a TVT operation was done in patients with stress or mixed urinary incontinence...
- Hysteroscopic management of lower genital tract lesions in females with limited vaginal accessKae Yng Ou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yuans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 91:293.e9-11. 2009..To show that hysteroscopy is a feasible and safe method of evaluation in females with limited vaginal access...
- Transvaginal evisceration after hysterectomy: is vaginal cuff closure associated with a reduced risk?Pierandrea De Iaco
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 13, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 125:134-8. 2006..To evaluate the overall incidence of transvaginal evisceration following hysterectomy and to assess the risk associated with indication, route of surgery, age and vaginal cuff closure technique...
- Changes in the size of rectovaginal endometriotic nodules infiltrating the rectum during hormonal therapiesSimone Ferrero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Institute for Cancer Research, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi 1, 16132 Genoa, GE, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 287:447-53. 2013..To evaluate the changes in the volume of rectovaginal endometriotic nodules infiltrating the rectum during 12-month treatment with hormonal therapies...
- Comparative performance of culture using swabs transported in Amies medium and the Aptima Combo 2 nucleic acid amplification test in detection of Neisseria gonorrhoeae from genital and extra-genital sites: a retrospective studyLindsey Harryman
Bristol Sexual Health Centre, University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Bristol, UK
Sex Transm Infect 88:27-31. 2012..The authors investigated how symptoms and infection site influenced test sensitivity...
- A multi-omic systems-based approach reveals metabolic markers of bacterial vaginosis and insight into the diseaseCarl J Yeoman
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman, Montana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e56111. 2013..These women varied demographically, behaviorally, and in terms of health status and symptoms...
- A comparative study of the effects of local estrogen with or without local testosterone on vulvovaginal and sexual dysfunction in postmenopausal womenChitra Raghunandan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Smt Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Sex Med 7:1284-90. 2010..Treatment with topical hormones may provide relief in such women when used judiciously...
- Vaginal microbiocoenosis and cytology of prepubertal and adolescent girls: their role in health and diseaseLyubov A Matytsina
Obstetrics, Gynecology, Perinatology and Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Donetsk Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
World J Pediatr 6:32-7. 2010..Clinicians and investigators often do not appreciate the importance of vaginal microbiocoenosis and vaginal cytology in the health of prepubertal and adolescent girls...
- Vaginal evisceration during intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancerAmy M Burkett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, 320 West 10th Avenue, M 210 Starling Loving Hall, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Gynecol Oncol 104:491-3. 2007..We present a case of vaginal evisceration during intraperitoneal chemotherapy for advanced ovarian cancer...
- Clinical practice. Management of menopausal symptomsDeborah Grady
Women s Health Clinical Research Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
N Engl J Med 355:2338-47. 2006
- Rectovaginal fistula after STARR procedure complicated by haematoma of the posterior vaginal wall: report of a caseR Bassi
Coloproctology Unit, Division of General Surgery Ospedale Maggiore, Crema CR, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 10:361-3. 2006..The STARR procedure, even if performed according to a rigorous application of the methodological standards, may be followed by a RVF possibly due to a blood collection leading to ischaemia of the vaginal wall...
- High internal consistency and efficacy of intravaginal DHEA for vaginal atrophyFernand Labrie
Laval University Hospital Research Center CRCHUL, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Gynecol Endocrinol 26:524-32. 2010..5% DHEA daily intravaginal dose which does not significantly affect the serum levels of oestrogens, thus avoiding systemic risks...
- Protection of mice against vaginal colonisation by Mycoplasma pulmonisD Taylor-Robinson
Division of Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Clinical Research Centre, Harrow, Middlesex
J Med Microbiol 40:197-201. 1994..Despite this, the mice that were colonised following intravenous inoculation of live organisms had pre-challenge antibody titres that were as great as those that were not colonised.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Large solitary paravaginal hydatid cyst: a rare cause of urethral injurySarp Ozcan
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Zekai Tahir Burak Women s Health Education and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Int Urogynecol J 21:1577-9. 2010..Pathology revealed the diagnosis of echinococcosis. Antihelmintics were administered postoperatively, and the patient was discharged after day 7 uneventfully and has been under follow-up for 1 year...
- Lasofoxifene enhances vaginal mucus formation without causing hypertrophy and increases estrogen receptor beta and androgen receptor in ratsXiao Ning Wang
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Menopause 13:609-20. 2006..Here, we sought to explore the possible mechanisms of action for this effect in comparison with other SERMs using an immature ovariectomized rat model...
- Validation of the ethnopharmacological use of Polygonum persicaria for its antifungal propertiesMarcos Derita
Pharmacognosy Area, Faculty of Biochemical and Pharmaceutical Sciences, National University of Rosario, Suipacha 531, Rosario 2000, Argentina
Nat Prod Commun 6:931-3. 2011..medicine of our country to treat affections related with fungal infections, such as skin ailments and vaginal diseases. With the aim of contributing to the correct ethnopharmacological use of this genus, in the present work we ..
- Revisiting old vaginal topics: conversion of the Müllerian vagina and origin of the "sinus" vaginaYi Cai
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee, Memphis, 38103, USA
Int J Dev Biol 53:925-34. 2009Vaginal development has been a longstanding controversy, which hampers studies on vaginal diseases as well as cervical and uterine diseases...
- Colposcopy of the vagina and vulvaHélène M Gagné
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The University of Ottawa, 152 Cleopatra Drive, Suite 110, Ottawa, ON K2G 5X2, Canada
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 35:659-69; x. 2008..Vaginal and vulvar intraepithelial neoplastic lesions are important cancer precursors to evaluate and treat. Many lesion types have a similar appearance, and biopsies should be used to elucidate the cause of the colposcopic findings...
- A cohort study of topical vaginal estrogen therapy in women previously treated for breast cancerJ E Dew
School of Women s and Children s Health, University of New South Wales, Royal Hospital for Women, Barker Street, Randwick NSW 2031, Australia
Climacteric 6:45-52. 2003..To estimate the risk of recurrence of breast cancer associated with the use of topical vaginal estrogen therapy in the management of vaginal atrophy in women previously treated for breast cancer...
- The role of dendritic cells in immune responses against vaginal infection by herpes simplex virus type 2Akiko Iwasaki
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, LEPH 716, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Microbes Infect 5:1221-30. 2003....
- Significance of a diagnosis of microorganisms on pap smearValerie A Fitzhugh
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
J Low Genit Tract Dis 12:40-51. 2008..The accuracy of diagnosis using the smear varies among the different organisms in question...
- A population-based study of vaginal human papillomavirus infection in hysterectomized womenPhilip E Castle
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7234, USA
J Infect Dis 190:458-67. 2004..e., A3/A4/A15) may have a predilection for vaginal epithelium...
- Sexual functioning among endometrial cancer patients treated with adjuvant high-dose-rate intra-vaginal radiation therapyShari Damast
Department of Radiation Oncology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:e187-93. 2012....
- Diagnosis and treatment of rectovaginal endometriosis: an overviewChristina Kruse
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, Aarhus, Denmark
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 91:648-57. 2012..This review describes available diagnostic tools, the possibilities for medical treatment and the alternative surgical approaches...
- Urinary retention as the presentation of Bartholin's duct cyst in a neonateMuazez Cevik
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Harran University, Faculty of Medicine, Sanliurfa, Turkey
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 25:e65-7. 2012..Here, we present the first report of an interlabial mass as a Bartholin's duct cyst in a neonate. The treatment of vaginal cysts is also discussed...
- ORAL MUCOSITIS - FORMULATIONS FOR PALLIATION AND THERAPYChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- YOGA AND PEAK FLOW RATES IN PREGNANT ASTHMATICSJudith Balk; Fiscal Year: 2002..The study is designed as an intent to treat trial, however compliance will be assessed by a prospectively gathered diary which will be blinded until the end of the study. ..
- MAINTAINING HIV RISK REDUCTION AMONG NEEDLE EXCHANGERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our results will have policy implications for needle exchange programs where many IDUs have initiated HIV risk reduction. ..
- A Pilot Study of Acupuncture for Cancer-Related FatigueJudith Balk; Fiscal Year: 2006..This pilot study will enable a larger, more rigorous, well-controlled research study on the efficacy of acupuncture for cancer-related fatigue. ..
- A TRIAL TO REDUCE HEPATITIS C AMONG INJECTION DRUG USERSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Female Mouse Model to Study Recurrent Genital HerpesMargaret Parr; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- A MECHANISTIC STUDY OF SKELETAL ACTIONS OF 1-34hPTHRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A BRIEF ALCOHOL INTERVENTION FOR INCARCERATED WOMENMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..If effective, this brief alcohol intervention can be readily integrated into existing programs for incarcerated women who will soon be reintegrating into the community. ..
- A Brief Marijuana Intervention for Adolescent WomenMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..If effective, this brief marijuana intervention can be readily integrated into existing women's primary care sites. ..
- Does Menopause Matter?Rachel Hess; Fiscal Year: 2008..It will facilitate the candidate's transition to an independent health services researcher examining the impact of biologic and sociologic factors on HRQOL and HSU. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Antidepressants During Office-based BuprenorphineMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2008..The focus of this study, the evaluation of combinations of medications, to treat substance-related disorders, fits squarely within the emphasis of this RFA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- 6th International Symposium on OsteoporosisRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Smoking Cessation Among Methadone Maintained PatientsMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..A3. To test the effects of the treatments on methadone treatment outcomes including methadone dose changes and continued use of illicit drugs, as measured by urine toxicologies. ..
- Adapting to HIV Disease--A Family InterventionMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the significance of families in the AIDS epidemic, it is important to study as well as support families and patients to optimize care of those affected by HIV disease. ..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT TREATMENT TO REDUCE HIV RISK AMONG IDUSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION--ROLE OF INFECTION/IMMUNITYCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Focusing oral health research at the University of IowaChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- INSOMNIA AND DRUG RELAPSE RISKMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research team is highly experienced in drug research, sleep disorders, and clinical trials in substance abusing populations. ..
- Female Pelvic Floor Disorders and Sexual FunctionsVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This powerful combination will provide the candidate with the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, independently funded investigator. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2008..Colleen Kennedy is committed to a career as a productive academic clinical researcher studying vulvar and vaginal diseases. This award would allow Kennedy to pursue a clinical investigation foundation through didactic training, ..
- CBT and Dieting: Effects on Psychopathology and Weight in BEDRobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- VULVODYNIA PREVALENCE AND EFFICACY OF 4 INTERVENTIONSGloria Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our ultimate goal is to share findings from this and related research with the broadest cross-spectrum of women that we can. ..
- COGNITIVE-BEHAVIORAL THERAPY FOR VULVODYNIARobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically, results from this study may provide a justified treatment option for women with vulvodynia. ..