Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes of the VAGINA.
Publications164 found, 100 shown here
- The detection and management of vaginal atrophyShawna L Johnston
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 26:503-15. 2004..To support the practitioner in the diagnosis of vaginal atrophy and in the management of the related symptoms...
- Pitfalls in the diagnosis and management of obstructive uterovaginal duplication: a series of 32 casesCarmen Capito
Department of Pediatric, Necker Enfants Malades, Hospital, Paris V University, Paris, France
Pediatrics 122:e891-7. 2008..The aims of this study were to review all the patients managed for this malformation in our institution, evaluate their long-term outcomes, and discuss the embryologic origin of this malformation...
- Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor levels in cervicovaginal secretion of elderly womenKoichiro Shimoya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita City, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Maturitas 54:141-8. 2006..The aim of the present study was to examine whether there is an association between the SLPI concentration in the cervicovaginal secretion (CS) and vaginal complaints of post-menopausal women...
- Vulvovaginal carriage of yeasts other than Candida albicansJ Holland
Mayne Health Laverty Pathology, NSW, Australia ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia
Sex Transm Infect 79:249-50. 2003..We investigated the spectrum of yeasts isolated, and compared the epidemiological and laboratory characteristics of women carrying vulvovaginal Candida albicans with those carrying yeasts other than C. albicans...
- Vaginal paravaginal repair with porcine dermal reinforcement: correction of advanced anterior vaginal prolapseAmanda J Simsiman
Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1832-6. 2006..The objective of the study was to determine the efficacy of the vaginal paravaginal repair using porcine dermal graft reinforcement for the correction of advanced anterior vaginal prolapse...
- Laparoscopic repair of vaginal evisceration: a case reportJose Bueno Lledo
Servicio de Cirugía Gerneral y del Aparato Digestivo II, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 12:446-8. 2002..We report the first case in the international literature of vaginal evisceration managed by laparoscopy...
- The role of gamma interferon in immune resistance to vaginal infection by herpes simplex virus type 2 in miceM B Parr
School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois, 62901 6523, USA
Virology 258:282-94. 1999....
- Clinical evaluation of affirm VPIII in the detection and identification of Trichomonas vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, and Candida species in vaginitis/vaginosisHaywood L Brown
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Pathology, St Vincent Hospitals and Health Service, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 12:17-21. 2004..To compare the Affirm VPIII Microbial Identification Test for detection and identification of Candida species, Gardnerella vaginalis and Trichomonas vaginalis to clinical and microscopic criteria commonly used to diagnose vaginitis...
- Effect of raloxifene on sexual function in postmenopausal womenB Kessel
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Hawaii, Queen s Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813, USA
Climacteric 6:248-56. 2003..To determine the effects of raloxifene on sexual function in postmenopausal women with pre-existing vaginal atrophy treated with vaginal estrogen cream...
- The effect of a soy rich diet on the vaginal epithelium in postmenopause: a randomized double blind trialL M Chiechi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology III, University of Bari, Piazza Giulio Cesare II, Bari 70124, Italy
Maturitas 45:241-6. 2003..First Wilcox in 1990, showed an increase of the vaginal cell maturation with phytoestrogens on postmenopausal women, but this has not been confirmed in some subsequent studies...
- The effects of postmenopausal Vitamin D treatment on vaginal atrophyBasak Yildirim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pamukkale University Medical Faculty, Denizli, Turkey
Maturitas 49:334-7. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of Vitamin D for relieving vaginal atrophy...
- Comparison of vaginal length after iliococcygeus fixation and sacrospinous ligament fixationCarlos A Medina
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jackson Memorial Hospital University of Miami, Miami, FL, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 100:267-70. 2008..To compare vaginal length after iliococcygeus fixation (ICF) and sacrospinous ligament fixation (SSLF)...
- Nonoxynol-9 100 mg gel: multi-site safety study from sub-Saharan AfricaIrving F Hoffman
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
AIDS 18:2191-5. 2004..To evaluate the safety of 100 mg nonoxynol-9 (N-9) gel, a vaginal microbicide, on the genital mucosa of women from Malawi and Zimbabwe in preparation for a phase III efficacy study...
- Low-dose, vaginally administered estrogens may enhance local benefits of systemic therapy in the treatment of urogenital atrophy in postmenopausal women on hormone therapySantiago Palacios
Instituto Palacios, Salud y Medicina de la Mujer, Madrid, Spain
Maturitas 50:98-104. 2005..Thus, in order to obtain a prompt improvement, the association of local therapy acting on the genital epithelium to the systemic treatment should be considered...
- Effect of estradiol valerate and levonorgestrel on vaginal healthJittima Manonai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 115:190-3. 2004..To evaluate the effect of the combined hormone replacement therapy (HRT) estradiol valerate/levonorgestrel on vaginal symptoms, vaginal health index, vaginal pH, and vaginal cytology...
- Cystocele repair by a synthetic vaginal mesh secured anteriorly through the obturator foramenAnsquer Yan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hopital Bichat, 46 rue Henri Huchard, 75018 Paris, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 115:90-4. 2004..Our aim was to assess the feasibility and short-term results of cystocele repair by the placement of a synthetic subvesical mesh secured anteriorly through the obturator foramen...
- Differences in vaginal dryness according to hormone therapy schedule using pH test strip in two groups of postmenopausal womenSebastian Carranza-Lira
Gynecologic Endocrinology Service Luis Castelazo Ayala, Gynecology and Obstetrics Hospital, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Mexico DF
Int J Fertil Womens Med 49:88-90. 2004..To compare vaginal dryness in two groups of postmenopausal women according to hormone replacement therapy schedule using pH test strip...
- Vulvovaginal complaintsAasta Mehta
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:549-55. 2008..Summary of various management options such as hormonal, nonhormonal, and botanical interventions...
- Long-term follow-up after conservative surgery for rectovaginal endometriosisLuigi Fedele
Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica dell Università di Milano, Ospedale San Paolo, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:1020-4. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate long-term results in patients who received conservative surgical treatment for rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Characteristics of patients with vaginal rupture and eviscerationAndrew J Croak
Section of Gynecologic Surgery, Division of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:572-6. 2004..To characterize vaginal rupture and evisceration...
- Efficacy of low-dose intravaginal estriol on urogenital aging in postmenopausal womenSalvatore Dessole
Department of Pharmacology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, University of Sassari, Sassari, Italy
Menopause 11:49-56. 2004..To assess the efficacy and safety of intravaginal estriol administration on urinary incontinence, urogenital atrophy, and recurrent urinary tract infections in postmenopausal women...
- Surgical complications and medium-term outcome results of tension-free vaginal tape: a prospective study of 313 consecutive patientsIshai Levin
Urogynecology and Pelvic Floor Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Maternity Hospital, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Neurourol Urodyn 23:7-9. 2004..A prospective study was undertaken to examine the incidence of surgical complications and medium-term outcomes of tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) surgery in a large, heterogeneous group of stress-incontinent women...
- The effectiveness of live lactobacilli in combination with low dose oestriol (Gynoflor) to restore the vaginal flora after treatment of vaginal infectionsErdinc Ozkinay
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir 35100, Turkey
BJOG 112:234-40. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of live lactobacilli in combination with low dose oestriol for restoration of the vaginal flora after anti-infective treatment...
- [Prolapse of appendices epiploicae due to vaginal vault [corrected] rupture]H M P Pelikan
Atrium Medisch Centrum, afd Gynaecologie en Verloskunde, Heerlen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2281-3. 2007..In premenopausal women it is most often associated with coitus or trauma. The vaginal wall defect can be closed from a vaginal approach but if there is any doubt about the viability ofthe viscera, a laparotomy should be carried out...
- [Assessment of the urinary side effects after surgery for deep pelvic endometriosis]G Dubernard
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Tenon AP HP, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, et Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris VI, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 35:S1-7. 2007..To evaluate the urinary side effects after laparoscopic surgery for deep endometriosis...
- Effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal healthJittima Manonai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Menopause 14:919-24. 2007..To evaluate the effect of Pueraria mirifica on vaginal symptoms, vaginal health index, vaginal pH, and vaginal cytology in healthy postmenopausal women...
- Treatment of symptomatic rectovaginal endometriosis with an estrogen-progestogen combination versus low-dose norethindrone acetatePaolo Vercellini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica I, University of Milan, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 84:1375-87. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of an estrogen-progestogen combination versus low-dose norethindrone acetate in the treatment of persistent pain after surgery for symptomatic rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Practical aspects in the management of vaginal atrophy and sexual dysfunction in perimenopausal and postmenopausal womenIrwin Goldstein
J Sex Med 2:154-65. 2005..Vaginal atrophy is an important contributor to postmenopausal sexual dysfunction...
- Biomesh (Pelvicol) erosion following repair of anterior vaginal wall prolapseMartin Rudnicki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roskilde University Hospital, 4000, Roskilde, Denmark
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:693-5. 2007..The graft was rejected due to intolerance to the biomesh or an infection. Our study shows that an erosion following implantation of a biomesh may be complicated...
- Lasofoxifene enhances vaginal mucus formation without causing hypertrophy and increases estrogen receptor beta and androgen receptor in ratsXiao Ning Wang
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Pfizer, Inc, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Menopause 13:609-20. 2006..Here, we sought to explore the possible mechanisms of action for this effect in comparison with other SERMs using an immature ovariectomized rat model...
- Post-coital vaginal vault rupture following radical hysterectomyH Elbiss
Worcesteshire Royal Hospital, Worcester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:522-3. 2005
- Risk factors influencing the complication rates of tension-free vaginal tape-type proceduresBulent Cetinel
Department of Urology, Cerrahpasa School of Medicine, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:530-4. 2005..This review attempts to summarize the current studies which address the possible risk factors influencing the complication rates of TVT-type procedures...
- Is reconstruction of the vaginal atresia by surgery always justified? Medical and psychological aspectsMarlene Heinz
Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology, Medicine Centre Hospital Lichtenberg, Berlin, Germany
Akush Ginekol (Sofiia) 43:17-9. 2004
- Evaluation of a new selective enrichment broth for detection of group B streptococci in pregnant womenJudith S Heelan
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, USA
J Clin Microbiol 43:896-7. 2005..Use of GBS broth would satisfy Centers for Disease Control and Prevention requirements and would provide faster, more-sensitive, and cost-effective detection of group B streptococci in pregnant women...
- Posterior intravaginal slingplasty (infracoccygeal sacropexy) in the treatment of vaginal vault prolapseZ Ghanbari
Vali e Asr Reproductive Health Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 94:147-8. 2006
- Retention of a vaginal ring pessary in a postmenopausal patientW B Stephan
S Afr Med J 97:552. 2007
- [Vaginal evisceration. Report of a new case]J Delotte
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, reproduction et médecine foetale, Hopital Archet II, 151, Route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, BP 3079, 06202 Nice cedex 03, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:126-8. 2005..Risk factors for this rare clinical entity are discussed along with the different therapeutic options...
- Outcomes and treatment options in rectovaginal endometriosisKenneth R Emmanuel
The Centre for Reproductive Medicine, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 17:399-402. 2005..This review aims to explore the recent literature surrounding the role of colorectal surgery in rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Transverse retubularized ileal vaginoplasty: a new application of the Monti principle--preliminary reportC Trombetta
Department of Urology, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Italy
Eur Urol 48:1018-23; discussion 1023-4. 2005..Herein we present our successful experience with vaginal reconstruction by the use of a modified ileal segment according to the Monti principle...
- Predicting the presence of rectovaginal endometriosis from the clinical history: a retrospective observational studyA N Griffiths
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:493-5. 2007..The classical symptoms often attributed to irritable bowel syndrome are also common in women with rectovaginal disease...
- Reproductive performance in infertile women with rectovaginal endometriosis: is surgery worthwhile?Paolo Vercellini
Benign Gynecologic Surgery Unit, Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica II, University of Milan, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, Milan, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1303-10. 2006....
- [Clinical study about diagnosis and management on 10 women with rectovaginal endometriosis]Han bi Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 38:277-9. 2003..To study the diagnosis and therapy of the rectovaginal endometriosis...
- Isolation of Neissseria meningitidis from an unusual siteRina Karunakaran
Department of Medical Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, University Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Malays J Pathol 24:103-5. 2002..Her symptoms disappeared without treatment after two weeks. We conclude that although the organism may have been a colonizer, it is possible that it was responsible for the self-limiting genital infection in this patient...
- Local estrogen treatment in patients with urogenital symptomsV Simunic
Human Reproduction Unit, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Zagreb, University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 82:187-97. 2003..Determination of the efficacy and safety of vaginally administered low dose (25 microg) micronized 17beta-estradiol in the management of patients with urogenital symptoms...
- Vaginal microbiological flora, and behavioural and clinical findings in women with vulvar painK Tchoudomirova
Department of Venerology, University Hospital, Bulgaria
BJOG 108:451-5. 2001....
- Group B streptococcus carriage and vulvovaginal symptoms: causal or casual? A case-control study in a GUM clinic populationC Shaw
Department of Genitourinary Medicine, The Sandyford Initiative, 2 6 Sandyford Place, Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G3 7NB, UK
Sex Transm Infect 79:246-8. 2003..This case-control study tested the hypothesis that detection of GBS on routine clinical specimens is not causally related to vulvovaginal symptoms in female GUM clinic attendees...
- Vaginal dryness assessment in postmenopausal women using pH test stripSebastian Carranza-Lira
Gynecologic Endocrinology Service, Luis Castelazo Ayala, Gynecology and Obstetrics Hospital, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Puente de piedra 150 422 Torre I, Col Toriello Guerra, CP 14050 México D F, Mexico
Maturitas 45:55-8. 2003..To objectively analyze vaginal dryness in postmenopausal women...
- Vaginal estrogen preparations: a review of safety and efficacy for vaginal atrophyCarolyn Crandall
Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine, Iris Cantor UCLA Women s Health Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 7023, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 11:857-77. 2002..e., vaginal) therapy of genitourinary symptoms could be avoidance of systemic adverse effects. Review of efficacy and adverse effects of commonly prescribed vaginal estrogens is of great clinical relevance...
- Estrogen replacement reverses ovariectomy-induced vaginal hyperalgesia in the ratHeather B Bradshaw
Program in Neuroscience, Department of Psychology, Florida State University, Copeland Street, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1270, USA
Maturitas 41:157-65. 2002..This study examined if ovariectomy in rats would similarly give rise to vaginal hyperalgesia, and, if so, whether estrogen replacement would alleviate it...
- Effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen vaginal cream or nonhormonal moisturizers in postmenopausal vaginal atrophyAnna Parsons
University of South Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tampa, Florida 33606, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:346-52. 2003..To study the effect of raloxifene on the response to conjugated estrogen cream or nonhormonal moisturizer in postmenopausal women with preexisting signs of vaginal atrophy...
- Vaginal rings delivering progesterone and estradiol may be a new method of hormone replacement therapyTakeshi Maruo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Fertil Steril 78:1010-6. 2002..To determine whether a low dose of P delivered together with E(2) from a vaginal ring on a continuous schedule can prevent endometrial proliferation and yield a bleeding pattern dominated by amenorrhea...
- Management quandary. Severe dysmenorrhea due to obstructive anomalyKristi M Mulchahey
Atlanta Gyn Associates, Georgia, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 15:175-7. 2002
- Surgery of the canine vagina and vulvaK G Mathews
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Vet Clin North Am Small Anim Pract 31:271-90. 2001..Finally, preoperative placement of a fentanyl patch and pre- or postoperative epidural analgesia are highly recommended for any vulvovaginal surgical procedure...
- Postpartum angiographic embolization for vulvovaginal hematoma. A report of two casesJ Villella
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and of Radiology, Winthrop-University Hospital, 259 First Street, Mineola, NY 11501, USA
J Reprod Med 46:65-7. 2001..CONCLUSION: In the setting of a puerperal hematoma refractory to conventional first-line therapy, arterial embolization provides a rational, effective alternative for achieving hemostasis with minimal morbidity...
- Endometriosis: novel etiopathogenetic concepts and clinical perspectivesMario Vignali
IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 78:665-78. 2002..To discuss current ideas about therapy for endometriosis derived from new observations generated by using molecular biology techniques and in vivo animal models of disease...
- [Laparoscopic therapy of intestinal endometriosis and the ranking of drug treatment]J Keckstein
Abteilung für Gynäkologie und Geburtshilfe, Landeskrankenhaus Villach, Kärnten
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:259-66. 2003..Large nodules make a segmental resection necessary. Deep lesions are resected with stapling devices. Nodules in the sigmoid ore removed by laparoscopic assisted hand-sewn anastomosis...
- Urogenital symptoms and resulting discomfort in non-institutionalized Dutch women aged 50-75 yearsJ M van Geelen
St. Anna Hospital, Oss, The Netherlands
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 11:9-14. 2000..Hysterectomized women reported moderate to severe complaints more often than non-hysterectomized ones. There were no significant differences in prevalence estimates between former and current smokers and non-smokers...
- Imaging of the vagina and vulvaSilvia D Chang
Department of Radiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Canada
Radiol Clin North Am 40:637-58. 2002..Future advancements in the imaging evaluation of vaginal and vulvar cancers will likely focus on functional imaging...
- Formulation and evaluation of metronidazole acid gel for vaginal contraceptionSanaa A El-Gizawy
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tanta, Tanta, Egypt
J Pharm Pharmacol 55:903-9. 2003..In conclusion, the designed gel has potential advantages of achieving a long retention time and effective drug concentrations in the vagina for at least 1 h after application, and of maintaining vaginal pH within its normal range...
- Revisiting old vaginal topics: conversion of the Müllerian vagina and origin of the "sinus" vaginaYi Cai
Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee, Memphis, 38103, USA
Int J Dev Biol 53:925-34. 2009Vaginal development has been a longstanding controversy, which hampers studies on vaginal diseases as well as cervical and uterine diseases...
- Training in the diagnosis and management of vulvovaginal diseasesRuth Murphy
From the Department of Dermatology, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, U K
J Reprod Med 52:87-92. 2007To investigate the training of clinical members of the British Society for the Study of Vulvo-vaginal Diseases (BSSVD) and International Society for the Study of Vulvovaginal Disease (ISSVD) and report how the future training in this ..
- Vaginal microbiocoenosis and cytology of prepubertal and adolescent girls: their role in health and diseaseLyubov A Matytsina
Obstetrics, Gynecology, Perinatology and Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Donetsk Medical University, Donetsk, Ukraine
World J Pediatr 6:32-7. 2010..Clinicians and investigators often do not appreciate the importance of vaginal microbiocoenosis and vaginal cytology in the health of prepubertal and adolescent girls...
- [Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia: a current problem]José Alberto Fonseca-Moutinho
Faculdade de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade da Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
Rev Bras Ginecol Obstet 30:420-6. 2008..neoplasia (VIN) is a pathological denomination coined by the International Society for Study of Vulvo-vaginal Diseases (ISSVD) and adopted by the International Society of Gynaecological Pathology (ISGYP) and by the World Health ..
- [Clinical efficacy of fluconazole, tinidazole and clindamycin vs fluconazole, tinidazole and azithromycin in the treatment of mixed cervical-vaginal infections, included those caused by Mycoplasma and Chlamydia trachomatis]Jesús Roberto Villagrana-Zesati
Departamento de Infectologia, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia, Mexico
Ginecol Obstet Mex 81:231-8. 2013..In the United States 19 million people acquire a sexually transmitted disease every year. Sexually transmitted diseases impact in gynecological terms because they may cause sterility, infertility and ectopic pregnancy...
- 2011 colposcopic terminology of the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and ColposcopyJacob Bornstein
Nomenclature Committee of the International Federation for Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Western Galilee Hospital, and the Bar Ilan University Faculty of Medicine, Nahariya, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 120:166-72. 2012..The International Federation of Cervical Pathology and Colposcopy recommends that the 2011 terminology replace all others and be implemented for diagnosis, treatment, and research...
- Attractiveness of women with rectovaginal endometriosis: a case-control studyPaolo Vercellini
Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica, Istituto Luigi Mangiagalli, Universita degli Studi, and Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Fertil Steril 99:212-8. 2013..To evaluate physical attractiveness in women with and without endometriosis...
- Local estrogen therapy and risk of breast cancer recurrence among hormone-treated patients: a nested case-control studyIsabelle Le Ray
EA4184, Unité de biostatistiques et d épidémiologie, Centre Georges Francois Leclerc, 1 rue du Pr Marion, 21079 Dijon Cedex, France
Breast Cancer Res Treat 135:603-9. 2012..The use of LHT is not associated with an increase in breast cancer recurrence among women receiving a hormone therapy...
- Clinical importance of detection of bacterial vaginosis, trichomonas vaginalis, candida albicans and actinomyces in Papanicolaou smearsN Güdücü
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Istanbul Bilim University, Avrupa Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 39:333-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to determine the role of Papanicolaou (pap) smears in the diagnosis of lower genital tract infections...
- Postpartum vaginal agglutination: a case reportTera Frederick Howard
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18:188-9. 2012..Vaginal agglutination after spontaneous vaginal delivery has not been previously described in the medical literature...
- Black cohosh (Cimicifuga spp.) for menopausal symptomsMatthew J Leach
School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD007244. 2012....
- Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) - results from an international surveyR E Nappi
Research Center for Reproductive Medicine, Gynecological Endocrinology and Menopause Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, IRCCS S Matteo Foundation, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Climacteric 15:36-44. 2012..To assess knowledge of vaginal atrophy among women using the Vaginal Health: Insights, Views & Attitudes (VIVA) survey...
- Probiotic and prebiotic applications for vaginal healthGregor Reid
The University of Western Ontario, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, London, ON, Canada
J AOAC Int 95:31-4. 2012..In the future, probiotics and prebiotics will represent an important adjunct to pharmaceutical and other approaches used to care for feminine health...
- Comparison of 3D and 2D FSE T2-weighted MRI in the diagnosis of deep pelvic endometriosis: preliminary resultsM Bazot
Department of Radiology, Tenon Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris AP HP, Paris, France
Clin Radiol 68:47-54. 2013..To evaluate image quality and diagnostic accuracy of two- (2D) and three-dimensional (3D) T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for the evaluation of deep infiltrating endometriosis (DIE)...
- [Evaluation the efficacy and safety of estradiol and drospirenone tablets in the treatment of menopausal symptoms among postmenopausal Chinese healthy women:a randomized, multi-center, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study]Yuan zheng Zhou
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 46:345-9. 2011..To study the efficacy and safety of estradiol and drospirenone tablets (Angeliq) in treatment of menopausal symptoms among postmenopausal Chinese healthy women...
- Representations of vaginal symptoms in cervical cancer survivorsJennifer M Tornatta
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer Nurs 32:378-84. 2009..Emotional and consequence representations were significantly related to quality of life. Understanding and altering symptom representations may improve quality of life for women treated for cervical cancer...
- Rhinosporidiosis of vagina: a case reportS Nair
Department of Pathology, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India
J Trop Med Hyg 90:329. 1987..This is a case report of a 60 year old woman with Rhinosporidiosis of vagina. The female genital tract is an extremely rare site for Rhinosporidiosis. The exact mode of transmission is not known...
- The rate of sexually transmitted infections in ED patients with vaginal bleedingNicole Berwald
Department of Emergency Medicine, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:563-9. 2009..Early diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STI) such as Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) and Neisseria gonorrhoea (NG) is crucial in reducing complications. Vaginal bleeding (VB) has been suggested as a possible presentation of STI...
- Variability in diagnosis of clue cells, lactobacillary grading and white blood cells in vaginal wet smears with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopyG G G Donders
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gasthuisberg University Hospital, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 145:109-12. 2009..Study the reproducibility of wet smear interpretation of clue cells, lactobacillary grades and leukocyte dominance with conventional bright light and phase contrast microscopy...
- Safety and acceptability of the candidate microbicide Carraguard in Thai Women: findings from a Phase II Clinical TrialPeter H Kilmarx
Thai Ministry of Public Health US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Collaboration, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:327-34. 2006..To determine the safety and acceptability of vaginal application of Carraguard, a carrageenan-derived candidate microbicide gel...
- Vaginal stones in a 5-year-old girl: a novel approach of removalJudith W Jaspers
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 23:e23-5. 2010..Primary vaginal stones in children are extremely rare and removal can be difficult. We describe a procedure for safe extraction of vaginal stones...
- Pemphigus vulgaris of the vagina--its cytomorphologic features on liquid-based cytology and pitfalls: case report and cytological differential diagnosisKazuya Onuma
Department of Pathology, Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 37:832-5. 2009..Pemphigus cells on a TP smear exhibit similar cytomorphologic features to those on a conventional smear. Recognizing euchromatin pattern and smooth nuclear contours which may be better appreciated on a TP can prevent overdiagnosis...
- Vaginal eviscerationG C Peltecu
Filantropia Hospital of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Carol Davila University of Medicine, Bucharest, Romania
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:60-1. 2006
- Management of the complications of the synthetic slingsBruno Deval
Department of Gynecology and Pelvic Reconstructive Surgery, Maternite Regionale Universitaire de Nancy, Nancy 54, 045, France
Curr Opin Urol 16:240-3. 2006..The aim of this article is to review the last year's literature on the management of vaginal erosion and obturator abscess with suburethral tapes in the treatment of female urinary incontinence...
- [Assessment of painful sexual intercourse occurrence among women in gynaecological practice]Beata Wróbel
NZOZ Dla zdrowia rodziny, Dabrowa Górnicza
Ginekol Pol 79:762-7. 2008..Analysis of painful sexual intercourse occurrence among women who are patients of a gynaecological practice...
- Oral lichen planus: a condition with more persistence and extra-oral involvement than suspected?Marta Bidarra
Unit of Oral Medicine, Division of Maxillofacial Medical Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, UCL Eastman Dental Institute and UCLH NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 37:582-6. 2008..Lichen planus is a relatively common and often studied chronic mucocutaneous condition. Reports detailing certain aspects relevant to patients affected have been lacking or inconsistent...
- Primary vaginal calculus secondary to urethrovaginal fistula with imperforate hymen in a 6-year-old girlPelin Oguzkurt
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 44:e11-3. 2009..This is a unique case of a vaginal calculus with a congenital urethrovaginal fistula associated with an imperforate hymen...
- Vaginal masses: magnetic resonance imaging features with pathologic correlationK M Elsayes
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acta Radiol 48:921-33. 2007..In this article, we will review pertinent vaginal anatomy, vaginal and pelvic MRI technique, and the MRI features of a variety of vaginal lesions with pathological correlation...
- Tuberculosis at vulva and vaginaPranom Buppasiri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 93:613-5. 2010..After acid fast bacilli was found on tissue biopsy, a standard 6- month course of antituberculosis was started. One month after treatment, the ulcer was completely cured...
- Vaginal foreign body causing recurrent discharge and vaginal stenosis--a case reportGeeta Gurung
Department of Gyane Obs, TU Teaching Hospital, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal
Nepal Med Coll J 9:136-7. 2007....
- Vaginal evisceration following total laparoscopic hysterectomy: case report and review of the literatureColin A Walsh
Department of Urogynaecology, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 47:516-9. 2007
- A Gartner duct cyst of the vagina causing dysuria and dyschezia in a Yorkshire terrierHye Jin Kim
Haemaru Referral Animal Hospital, SungNam 463 050, Korea
J Vet Sci 8:427-9. 2007..Histological examination confirmed that the cyst was of Wolffian duct origin. In this case, a large Gartner duct cyst causing urological problems was diagnosed and removed by surgical resection...
- Effects of tibolone and raloxifene on health-related quality of life and sexual functionE A Nijland
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Academisch Ziekenhuis Groningen, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Maturitas 58:164-73. 2007..Study to compare the effects of tibolone and raloxifene on health-related quality of life, sexuality and vaginal atrophy...
- [Yes, patients with deep infiltrating endometriosis should be operated on! "Prefer optimistic will to pessimistic intelligence!"]M Canis
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, CHU Polyclinique, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63033 Clermont Ferrand, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 36:218-21. 2008
- Rhabdomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma of the vaginaSung Hyub Han
Department of Dermatology, Inha University School of Medicine, Incheon 400 711, Korea
Pediatr Dermatol 26:753-5. 2009..Rhabomyomatous mesenchymal hamartoma (RMH) is a rare hamartomatous lesion in the dermis and subcutaneous tissue. We report a case of solitary RMH occurring on the vagina of a newborn infant...
- Management of vulvovaginal strictures/shortened vaginaYaa A Amankwah
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Newborn Care, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Clin Obstet Gynecol 53:125-33. 2010..Vaginal dilation with or without surgery is the main stay of treatment. Causes, diagnosis and management of the vulvovaginal strictures are presented...
- Duplicated ectopic ureter with vaginal insertion: 3D CT urography with i.v. and percutaneous contrast administrationSimona Croitoru
Department of Radiology, Bnai Zion Medical Center, 47 Golomb St, Haifa, Israel 34363
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:W272-4. 2007
- Passive sentinel surveillance system for sexually transmitted diseases in primary healthcare sites in Ethiopia, 1991-3A Matteelli
Clinic of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, University of Brescia, Italy
Sex Transm Infect 76:131-3. 2000..The programme included the introduction of a syndrome based system for notification of STD cases. We here report the data originated by the syndromic case reporting system under programme conditions...
- Vaginal evisceration managed by transvaginal bowel resection and vaginal repairMichael D Moen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street, Park Ridge, IL 60068, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 14:218-20. 2003..When evisceration occurs through a large enterocele surgical repair can be performed vaginally, including bowel resection and reanastomosis, thereby avoiding the morbidity associated with laparotomy...
- Hydrocolpos in dogs: surgical treatment in two casesF W Viehoff
J Small Anim Pract 44:404-7. 2003..In both dogs, the obstruction was located at the junction between the caudal vagina and the vaginal vestibule. Anastomosis of the caudal vagina and vestibule through an episiotomy was successful in both cases...
- Autologous soluble tumor-associated antigens prevent the toxic side effects of cancer chemotherapy and inhibit the progress of tumorigenesis: case reportHerzl Ben-Hur
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Park Rabin, Rehovot, Israel
Oncol Rep 10:2059-61. 2003..We suggest that immunotherapy with autologous sTAA provides significant clinical benefits in cancer patients and appears to be an important new adjuvant treatment of cancer...
- [Hypothyroidism in dizygotic premature twins due to excessive prepartal vaginal iodine application]S Müther
Klinik fur Kinder und Jugendmedizin, Klinikum Neukölln, Berlin
Zentralbl Gynakol 125:226-8. 2003..Due to possible transfer of iodide to the fetus associated with the risk of iodine-induced hypothyroidism, it is recommended to abstain from vaginal application of iodine during pregnancy...
- Vulvar Disease and Bladder and Bowel SymptomsColleen Kennedy; Fiscal Year: 2007..Colleen Kennedy is committed to a career as a productive academic clinical researcher studying vulvar and vaginal diseases. This award would allow Kennedy to pursue a clinical investigation foundation through didactic training, ..
- NEUROPLASTICITY OF BRAIN ASPHYXIATED INFANTSLINDA BADR; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- ORAL MUCOSITIS - FORMULATIONS FOR PALLIATION AND THERAPYChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- DOXYCYCLINE FOR BLEEDING IN PROGESTIN ONLY CONTRACEPTORSDavid Archer; Fiscal Year: 2006..If successful, DOX treatment could become an important adjuvant for treatment of this and possibly other inflammatory disorders effecting reproductive tract tissues. ..
- Does Menopause Matter?Rachel Hess; Fiscal Year: 2007..It will facilitate the candidate's transition to an independent health services researcher examining the impact of biologic and sociologic factors on HRQOL and HSU. ..
- INSOMNIA AND DRUG RELAPSE RISKMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..Two-night sleep studies will be performed in subjects' homes at baseline and 4 weeks later. Our research team is highly experienced in drug research, sleep disorders, and clinical trials in substance abusing populations. ..
- Institutional Training Program in Oral Health ResearchChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Varenicline versus Nicotine Replacement for Methadone-Maintained SmokersMichael D Stein; Fiscal Year: 2010..With close to one million methadone treatment entries per year in the United States, this research can have a meaningful public health impact addressing a high-risk population that would otherwise be difficult to reach. ..
- Viral recognition by plasmacytoid dendritic cellAkiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Through basic understanding of the biology of pDCs, these studies will help to provide important foundation with which to design immunological interventions against viral diseases. ..
- 6th International Symposium on OsteoporosisRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Cyclic Versus Daily Teriparatide on Bone Mass, Microstructure and StrengthRobert Lindsay; Fiscal Year: 2010..We believe that the periods where no TPTD is given in the cyclic regimen will allow for ongoing recovery of the supply of osteoblasts and will ultimately results in greater gains in bone mass and strength. ..
- Antiviral CTL mobilization to the genital mucosaAkiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- Autophagy in Antiviral ImmunityAkiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Immune Induction to Genital Herpes Simplex Virus 2Akiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Cesarean and vaginal birth: cohort study of the impact on pelvic floor disordersVICTORIA LYNN HANDA; Fiscal Year: 2010..From a public health perspective, this research will help to establish whether obstetrical care can be modified to prevent women's health problems later in life. ..
- Immune Induction to Genital Herpes Simplex Virus 2Akiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- INSOMNIA AND DRUG RELAPSE RISKMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research team is highly experienced in drug research, sleep disorders, and clinical trials in substance abusing populations. ..
- Viral recognition by plasmacytoid dendritic cellAkiko Iwasaki; Fiscal Year: 2009..Through basic understanding of the biology of pDCs, these studies will help to provide important foundation with which to design immunological interventions against viral diseases. ..
- ANTIDEPRESSANT TREATMENT TO REDUCE HIV RISK AMONG IDUSMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- URINE LOSS AND PROLAPSE IN NUNS AND THEIR PAROUS SISTERSGUNHILDE BUCHSBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2003..A matched pair logistic regression will be performed to obtain an adjusted estimate of the impact of familiality and vaginal delivery in UT and POP, taking into account other risk factors. ..
- CANCER CHEMOPREVENTION--ROLE OF INFECTION/IMMUNITYCharles Loprinzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Smoking Cessation Among Methadone Maintained PatientsMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2005..A3. To test the effects of the treatments on methadone treatment outcomes including methadone dose changes and continued use of illicit drugs, as measured by urine toxicologies. ..
- Mothers' attitudes about elective cesarean: results, expectations & satisfactionVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will investigate how maternal expectations and preferences affect decisions about childbirth and will advance our knowledge regarding the apparent rapid growth of elective cesarean delivery in the US. ..
- Focusing oral health research at the University of IowaChristopher Squier; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Adapting to HIV Disease--A Family InterventionMichael Stein; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given the significance of families in the AIDS epidemic, it is important to study as well as support families and patients to optimize care of those affected by HIV disease. ..
- COGNITIVE-BEHAVIORAL THERAPY FOR VULVODYNIARobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clinically, results from this study may provide a justified treatment option for women with vulvodynia. ..
- VULVODYNIA PREVALENCE AND EFFICACY OF 4 INTERVENTIONSGloria Bachmann; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our ultimate goal is to share findings from this and related research with the broadest cross-spectrum of women that we can. ..
- Female Pelvic Floor Disorders and Sexual FunctionsVictoria Handa; Fiscal Year: 2007..This powerful combination will provide the candidate with the necessary skills and experience to become a successful, independently funded investigator. ..
- CBT and Dieting: Effects on Psychopathology and Weight in BEDRobin Masheb; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study has the potential to address the problem of obesity by examining the efficacy of a low energy density dietary approach for weight loss in patients with BED, a special subgroup of the obese population. ..