Genomes and Genes
Summary: Bleeding from blood vessels in the UTERUS, sometimes manifested as vaginal bleeding.
Publications252 found, 100 shown here
- Value of sonography in the diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleedingTheodore J Dubinsky
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 359728, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 32:348-53. 2004....
- Should transvaginal ultrasound be performed at annual examination in asymptomatic women?Leeber Cohen
Int J Fertil Womens Med 48:150-3. 2003
- Sono-guided endometrial biopsy: comparison with hysteroscopy biopsy. Sono-guided endometrial biopsy using the Bernard catheter had no impact on endometrial assessment by sonohysterographyUlrike Metzger
Service de Chirurgie Gynécologique et Cancérologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:26-31. 2004..To assess the feasibility, tolerance and diagnostic accuracy of endometrial biopsy (EB) during sonohysterography (SH) compared to EB after hysteroscopy (HSC) in endometrial disorders...
- Medical abortion in early pregnancy: experience in ChinaLinan Cheng
Shanghai Institute of Family Planning Technical Instruction, International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital, China Welfare Institute, Shanghai 200030, People s Republic of China
Contraception 74:61-5. 2006..Mifepristone is now produced in three companies in China and is commonly used with PGs for medical abortion...
- Maternal and perinatal outcome in women with threatened miscarriage in the first trimester: a systematic reviewL Saraswat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
BJOG 117:245-57. 2010..Threatened miscarriage is a common complication in the first trimester of pregnancy and is often associated with anxiety regarding pregnancy outcome...
- First-trimester bleeding and pregnancy outcome in singletons after assisted reproductionPetra De Sutter
Infertility Centre, University Hospital Gent, Gent, Belgium
Hum Reprod 21:1907-11. 2006..It is unknown whether first-trimester bleeding, if not ending in a spontaneous abortion, negatively influences further pregnancy outcome in ART in singletons...
- Threatened abortion: A risk factor for poor pregnancy outcome, a population-based screening studyJoshua L Weiss
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:745-50. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine whether patients with first-trimester threatened abortion are at increased risk for poor pregnancy outcome...
- The expression of angiopoietin-1 and -2 in the endometrium of women with abnormal bleeding induced by an intra-uterine deviceH L Qian
Department of Gynaecology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Int Med Res 38:100-10. 2010..These results suggest that the angiopoietin/Tie-2 system promotes vascular remodelling in the endometrium and that changes in the expression of Ang-1, Ang-2 and Tie-2 may contribute to abnormal uterine bleeding in some IUD users...
- Factors influencing the obstetric and perinatal outcome after oocyte donationGalit Sheffer-Mimouni
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Lis Maternity Hospital, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv 46427, Israel
Hum Reprod 17:2636-40. 2002..We evaluated interactions between perinatal outcome after oocyte donation and various maternal factors...
- Use of the NovaSure Impedance Controlled Endometrial Ablation System in patients with intracavitary disease: 12-month follow-up results of a prospective, single-arm clinical studyRobert Sabbah
University of Montreal, Hôpital Sacré Coeur, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 13:467-71. 2006....
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and underlying hemostatic disorders: report of a consensus processMalcolm G Munro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 84:1335-7. 2005....
- Comparison of Endorette and dilatation and curettage for sampling of the endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital MAS, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:959-64. 2001....
- Regulation of angiogenesis in the endometriumS K Smith
The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK CB2 2SW
Trends Endocrinol Metab 12:147-51. 2001....
- [Three dimensional sonography in the endometrial volume measurement in women with perimenopausal irregular uterine bleeding]Norbert Stachowicz
I Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii AM w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 73:970-5. 2002..Evaluation of the role of three-dimensional (3D) ultrasonographic measurement of the endometrium volume in perimenopausal women with irregular uterine bleeding...
- Gray-scale ultrasound morphology in the presence or absence of intrauterine fluid and vascularity as assessed by color Doppler for discrimination between benign and malignant endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Malmö University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:89-95. 2006....
- The role of transvaginal colour Doppler sonography in evaluation of abnormal uterine bleedingSvetlana Dragojević
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Clinic Narodni front, Narodnog fronta 62, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:332-5. 2005..Fewer percentages of women with unexpected and/or acyclic and prolonged bleeding have endometrial cancer...
- The performance of Pipelle endometrial sampling in a dedicated postmenopausal bleeding clinicD Elsandabesee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, Norfolk NR31 6LA, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:32-4. 2005..However, when the endometrial thickness is < or = 4 mm, little can be gained from endometrial sampling as malignancy is rare and the chance of getting an adequate sample is small...
- Self-reported heavy bleeding associated with uterine leiomyomataGanesa Wegienka
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:431-7. 2003..To characterize the relationship between self-reported bleeding symptoms and uterine leiomyoma size and location...
- What is the recurrence rate of postmenopausal bleeding in women who have a thin endometrium during a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding?H C van Doorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:89-93. 2008..To determine the incidence and significance of recurrent postmenopausal bleeding among women diagnosed with an endometrial thickness < or =4 mm after a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography and saline infusion sonohysterography in evaluating the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleedingMehmet Erdem
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Menopause 14:846-52. 2007..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) and saline infusion sonohysterography (SIS) of the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- An algorithm including results of gray-scale and power Doppler ultrasound examination to predict endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:370-6. 2002..To determine if power Doppler ultrasound examination of the endometrium can contribute to a correct diagnosis of endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleeding and endometrium > or = 5 mm...
- The first-line investigation of postmenopausal bleeding: transvaginal ultrasound scanning and endometrial biopsy may be enoughFadi Alfhaily
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust, Essex
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:892-5. 2009..This commentary highlights this important issue and discusses the role of these different modalities...
- Can ultrasound replace dilation and curettage? A longitudinal evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding and transvaginal sonographic measurement of the endometrium as predictors of endometrial cancerB Gull
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:401-8. 2003....
- A systematic review of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal womenCynthia Farquhar
Cochrane Menstrual Disorders and Subfertility Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:493-504. 2003..To determine the accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and diagnostic hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal women...
- An imaging algorithm for evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding: does sonohysterography play a role?Susanna I Lee
Menopause 14:823-5. 2007
- Association of endometrial thickness assessed at trans-vaginal ultrasonography to endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women asymptomatic or with abnormal uterine bleedingStefano Ciatto
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Ferrara, Italy
Radiol Med 104:437-42. 2002..To define the normal cut off of endometrial thickness as measured at transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) in order to define postmenopausal women without symptoms or with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) at risk of endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- Saline contrast sonohysterography and directed extraction, resection and biopsy of intrauterine pathology using a Uterine Explora CuretteA Y Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, WI, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:202-5. 2006..To assess the utility of an endometrial sampling device, the Uterine Explora Curette, with concomitant saline contrast sonohysterography (SCSH) for ultrasound-directed extraction, resection and biopsy of endometrial pathology...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography with hysterosonography as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingJeong Ah Ryu
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 5:39-46. 2004..To assess the utility of hysterosonography (HS) as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Saline infusion sonography in women with abnormal uterine bleeding: an update of recent findingsCornelis D de Kroon
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:653-7. 2006..To inform about new developments concerning saline infusion sonography, especially in women suffering from abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Probability analysis for diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in postmenopausal bleeding: an approach for a rational diagnostic workupLucas M Bachmann
Horten Centre, Zurich University, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:564-9. 2003..To develop an analytical approach to estimate the probability of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in women with postmenopausal bleeding, using a combination of patient history and tests...
- Risk factors for endometrial hyperplasia and cancer among women with abnormal bleedingA M Weber
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:594-8. 1999..To identify independent risk factors for endometrial neoplasia in women with abnormal perimenopausal or postmenopausal bleeding and to use those factors to develop and test a predictive model...
- Endovaginal ultrasound to exclude endometrial cancer and other endometrial abnormalitiesR Smith-Bindman
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Radiology, University of California, 94115, USA
JAMA 280:1510-7. 1998..Postmenopausal vaginal bleeding is a common clinical problem. Endovaginal ultrasound (EVUS) is a noninvasive diagnostic test that may help determine which women should undergo endometrial biopsy...
- Role, epidemiology, and natural history of benign uterine mass lesionsGinny L Ryan
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 48:312-24. 2005
- Diagnosis and management of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleedingJ J Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing 100730, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:114-9. 2005..To study the clinical manifestations, diagnosis, management, and prognosis of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleeding...
- Prevalence and persistence of health problems after childbirth: associations with parity and method of birthJane F Thompson
Women and Children s Health, The Canberra Hospital, Australia
Birth 29:83-94. 2002..The aim of this study was to describe changes in the prevalence of maternal health problems in the 6 months after birth and their association with parity and method of birth...
- Lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester induced abortion: diagnosis and conservative managementXinyan Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 116:695-8. 2003..To discuss the diagnosis of and conservative management for lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester abortion...
- Future research into abnormal uterine bleedingNadia C Samuel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:1023-40. 2007....
- Superficial endometrial vascular fragility in Norplant users and in women with ovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleedingM Hickey
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Norfolk Place W2 1PG, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:1509-14. 2000..83, P = 0.01). There was no obvious relationship between subepithelial bleeding and circulating concentrations of oestradiol and progesterone...
- A systematic review of postcoital bleeding and risk of cervical cancerMark Shapley
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire
Br J Gen Pract 56:453-60. 2006..Women need to be involved in decisions about their care and this involves communicating risk and an exploration of the implications of the risk. Risk estimates of postcoital bleeding for cervical cancer are not available...
- Combination of endometrial thickness and time since menopause in predicting endometrial cancer in women with postmenopausal bleedingIlan Bruchim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapir Medical Center, 59 Tchernichovsky Street, Kfar Saba, 44281, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 32:219-24. 2004..This study was conducted to assess the combination of endometrial thickness, as measured by transvaginal sonography, and time since menopause, in predicting the presence of endometrial cancer in women with postmenopausal bleeding...
- Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus Conference statementR B Goldstein
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:1025-36. 2001....
- Ultrasonographic detection of asymptomatic endometrial cancer in postmenopausal patients offers no prognostic advantage over symptomatic disease discovered by uterine bleedingB Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Rostock, Post Box 10 08 88, 18055, Rostock, Germany
Eur J Cancer 37:64-71. 2001..Moreover, patients who are at a high risk for EC tend to avoid TVS screening. Finally, endometrial screening often results in unnecessary operations, which are associated with increased morbidity and costs...
- Transvaginal ultrasonography and uterine artery Doppler in diagnosing endometrial pathologies and carcinoma in postmenopausal bleedingOsman H Develioglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Eskisehir, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:175-80. 2003..3 mm for ET alone. Assessing uterine artery Doppler indices has no complementary role for measuring ET in evaluating PMB...
- Rectal and postmenopausal bleeding: consultation and referral of patients with and without severe mental health problemsChris Parker
Nottingham Primary Care Research Partnership, Hucknall, Nottingham
Br J Gen Pract 57:371-6. 2007..There is concern that this could apply to rectal bleeding or postmenopausal bleeding. Published estimates of consultation rates and outcomes for these symptoms vary widely...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and prognosis of endometrial cancerT Kimura
Department of Gynecology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Higashinari, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 85:145-50. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyze the relationship between the period of abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) and the prognosis of endometrial cancer...
- The structure of endometrial microvesselsM Hickey
Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:57-66. 2000..Likely mechanisms of breakthrough bleeding such as increased superficial vascular fragility and the possible alterations in endometrial vascular structure leading to this are discussed...
- Ultrasonographic endometrial thickness for diagnosing endometrial pathology in women with postmenopausal bleeding: a meta-analysisJanesh K Gupta
Birmingham Minimal Access and Surgical Training MAST Center, Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:799-816. 2002..However, a negative result at < or = 5 mm cut-off level measuring both endometrial layers in the presence of endometrial pathology rules out endometrial pathology with good certainty...
- Evidence of placental abruption as a chronic process: associations with vaginal bleeding early in pregnancy and placental lesionsCande V Ananth
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, NJ 08901 1977, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:15-21. 2006..Since enrolled pregnancies were managed without the biases created by modern perinatal surveillance and interventions, the natural history of disease in these data is ideal to study obstetrical complications such as placental abruption...
- Angiogenic factors and the endometrium following long term progestin only contraceptionC J Lockwood
Department of Ob Gyn, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Histol Histopathol 19:167-72. 2004..Studies in this area offer a promising avenue to alleviate abnormal uterine bleeding associated with this otherwise highly effective form of contraception..
- Abnormal uterine bleeding during progestin-only contraception may result from free radical-induced alterations in angiopoietin expressionGraciela Krikun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 161:979-86. 2002....
- Progesterone as a predictor of ectopic pregnancy when the ultrasound is indeterminateRobert Dart
Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118 2393, USA
Am J Emerg Med 20:575-9. 2002..In the 2 subclasses, the progesterone cutpoint was both sensitive and specific in identifying abnormal pregnancy and was sensitive but only moderately specific for identifying ectopic pregnancy...
- Serum progesterone testing to predict ectopic pregnancy in symptomatic first-trimester patientsR G Buckley
Departments of Emergency Medicine, Clinical Investigations, Radiology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 36:95-100. 2000..This study was conducted to prospectively measure the accuracy of serum progesterone levels to detect ectopic pregnancy...
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States 1990-1997Cynthia M Farquhar
Centers for Practice and Technology Assessment, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:229-34. 2002..To assess hysterectomy rates, type of hysterectomy, and other factors associated within the United States from 1990-1997...
- Local levonorgestrel regulation of androgen receptor and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 expression in human endometriumKevin A Burton
Centre for Reproductive Biology, Chancellor s Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2610-7. 2003....
- US evaluation of the uterus in patients with postmenopausal bleeding: A positive effect on diagnostic decision makingR L Bree
Department of Radiology, DC069 10, University of Missouri Health Sciences Center, One Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Radiology 216:260-4. 2000..To assess the accuracy of hysterosonography (HSG) and its role in diagnostic confidence and therapeutic clinical decision making among referring physicians caring for patients with postmenopausal bleeding (PMB)...
- Relationship between progesterone receptor level in endometrium and bleeding pattern in depot medroxyprogesterone acetate usersPichai Chotnopparatpattara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:172-7. 2003..05). In conclusion, after a second dose of DMPA, subjects with amenorrhea had a higher stromal PR score than those with uterine bleeding...
- Pathophysiology of endometrial bleedingAlex Ferenczy
McGill University, Que, Montreal, Canada
Maturitas 45:1-14. 2003..To review the morphological and molecular events responsible for uterine bleeding in health and disease...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding associated with hormonal contraceptionSarina Schrager
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53715, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:2073-80. 2002....
- Hormonal replacement therapy and evaluation of intrauterine pathology in postmenopausal women: a ten-year studyB Mossa
Department of Gynecological Sciences, Perinatology and Child Health II School of Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:507-12. 2003....
- Transvaginal sonography combined with saline contrast sonohysterography to evaluate the uterine cavity in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding and postmenopausal endometrium more than 5 mmM Kazandi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:185-90. 2003....
- The value of outpatient hysteroscopy in diagnosing endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with and without hormone replacement therapyJackie Elliott
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheffield University, Sheffield, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:1112-9. 2003..This study examined the endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women who had experienced abnormal uterine bleeding, both with and without hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and who subsequently underwent outpatient hysteroscopy...
- Validity of pipelle endometrial sampling in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingShazia Fakhar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shifa College of Medicine, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ann Saudi Med 28:188-91. 2008..We compared endometrial sampling by pipelle endometrial curette with conventional dilatation and curettage (D&C) in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Perioperative factors for predicting successful hysteroscopic endometrial ablationOfer Gemer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, 78306 Israel
J Reprod Med 48:677-80. 2003..To investigate factors affecting the success of hysteroscopic endometrial ablation in order to improve patient counseling...
- [Hysteroscopy in cases of abnormal uterine bleeding and abnormal ultrasonographic findings of uterine cavity-own experience]Mirosław Niewolin
Oddział Patologii Ciazy, Połoznictwa i Ginekologii Samodzielnego Publicznego Specjalistycznego Zakładu Opieki Zdrowotnej w Leborku
Ginekol Pol 75:281-7. 2004..In the paper authors present indications and results of using diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy in the clinical practise and compare histological result with introductory diagnosis of ultrasonography and hysteroscopy...
- [Hysteroscopic evaluation of the uterine cavity in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding]Tomasz Wierzbowski
I Kliniki Ginekologii i Onkologii Ginekologicznej Instytutu Ginekologii i Połoznictwa Uniwersytetu Medycznego w łodzi
Ginekol Pol 74:892-6. 2003..Patient with uterine bleeding appeared at least 12 months after the last menstruation needs diagnostic management before initiation of any treatment...
- [Value of saline infusion sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in postmenopausal patient with persistent abnormal ultrasonographic images after endometrial curettage with normal histological results]Artur Ludwin
Katedry Ginekologii i Połoznictwa, Klinikii Ginekologii, Połoznictwa i Onkologii CMUJ w Krakowie
Ginekol Pol 74:786-92. 2003..Comparison of sonohysterography vs. outpatients diagnostic hysteroscopy in evaluation postmenopausal patient with persistent abnormal ultrasounds images after endometrial curettage revealed normal histological result...
- Hysterectomy in women with cervical stenosis. Surgical indications and pathologyChevies Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ochsner Clinic, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Reprod Med 48:672-6. 2003..To evaluate indications for surgery and final pathology results in patients who underwent hysterectomy with a concurrent diagnosis of cervical stenosis...
- [Complications of operative hysteroscopy]A Agostini
Service de gynécologie obstétrique Secteur B, Hopital la Conception, 147 Bd Baille, 13005 Marseille
Presse Med 32:826-9. 2003..Assess the prevalence and severity of the various complications of operative hysteroscopy, the context in which they occur and the treatments proposed...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of the endometrium in postmenopausal vaginal bleedingKatharine G Davidson
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 6 JCP, Iowa City IA 52242, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 41:769-80. 2003..Further studies are still necessary to evaluate high-risk patients and determine whether ultrasound or biopsy is really the most cost-effective initial test...
- Abnormal uterine bleedingJanet R Albers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62702, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:1915-26. 2004..Menorrhagia is managed most effectively with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or the levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive device. Surgical management may include hysterectomy or less invasive, uterus-sparing procedures...
- Diagnostic accuracy of endometrial thickness to exclude polyps in women with postmenopausal bleedingAnne Timmermans
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3508 AB Utrecht, POB 85090, The Netherlands
J Clin Ultrasound 36:286-90. 2008..To determine the accuracy of endometrial thickness measurement with transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) to diagnose endometrial polyps in women with postmenopausal bleeding in whom a carcinoma has been ruled out...
- The role of hysteroscopy with eye-directed biopsy in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding and endometrial atrophyRaffaele Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Menopause 15:737-42. 2008..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVS) and hysteroscopy for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB)...
- Endometrial blood flow mapping using transvaginal power Doppler sonography in women with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometriumJ L Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, School of Medicine, Pamplona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:583-8. 2003..To evaluate the role of transvaginal power Doppler sonography to discriminate between benign and malignant endometrial conditions in women presenting with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometrium at baseline sonography...
- [Accuracy of transvaginal sonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in diagnosis of intrauterine pathology]Robert Bartkowiak
I Katedry i Kliniki Połoznictwa i Ginekologii AM w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 74:203-9. 2003....
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy: a valuable diagnostic tool in the diagnosis of structural intra-cavital pathology and endometrial hyperplasia or carcinoma?. Six years of experience with non-clinical diagnostic hysteroscopyAlexander C de Wit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rivierenland Hospital President Kennedylaan 1, 4002 WP, Tiel, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:79-82. 2003..1045 diagnostic hysteroscopic procedures performed throughout six consecutive years were evaluated, focussing on its value in diagnosing endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma...
- Factors affecting adequacy of Pipelle and Tao Brush endometrial samplingA R W Williams
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BJOG 115:1028-36. 2008..To compare factors influencing adequacy of endometrial samples obtained using two outpatient sampling devices--Pipelle and Tao Brush...
- [Abnormal menstrual bleeding]R A Steiner
Kantonales Frauenspital Fontana, Chur
Praxis (Bern 1994) 91:1967-74. 2002..Organic causes of abnormal bleeding are treated by hysteroscopy. Relapse may necessitate destruction of the endometrium or hysterectomy...
- Endometrial disorders in 406 breast cancer patients on tamoxifen: the case for less intensive monitoringM Vosse
Gynaecologic Surgery Department, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 101:58-63. 2002..To describe the endometrial appearance in postmenopausal breast cancer patients on tamoxifen and to assess a routine surveillance scheme for endometrial lesions...
- Imaging the endometrium: disease and normal variantsK M Nalaboff
Department of Radiology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Dr, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Radiographics 21:1409-24. 2001..Accurate diagnosis requires that these factors be taken into account in addition to clinical history and physical examination findings...
- [Dysfunctionnal uterin bleedings]H Fernandez
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, Hopital Antoine Beclere, APHP, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92140 Clamart Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:562-6. 2007..This new tarification could include the device cost and could avoid either inefficient procedure like datation and curetage or morbide procedure like hysterectomy...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasound, saline infusion sonography and hysteroscopy to investigate postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRTS T Cameron
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, United Kingdom
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:291-4. 2001..These findings justify the need for a large randomised trial of TVS, SIS, hysteroscopy and endometrial sampling, in order to develop the most appropriate strategy for investigating postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRT...
- Endometrial cells identified in cervical cytology in women > or = 40 years of age: criteria for appropriate endometrial evaluationHeather N Beal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:568.e1-5; discussion 568.e5-6. 2007..We determined the frequency of uterine pathology in asymptomatic women, > or = 40 years of age, positive for BECs on cervical cytology...
- [Postmenopausal uterine bleeding. Analytic study about 65 cases]Atef Youssef
Hopital Mongi Slim La Marsa
Tunis Med 83:453-6. 2005..Postmenopausal uterine bleeding is frequent in gynecology. This symptom can reveal benign causes as well as cancers. So it's essential to rule out organic pathology...
- Postmenopausal bleeding on hormone replacement therapy: review of the current referral guidelinesH Abouzeid
Heatherwood and Wexham Park NHS Trust, Berkshire, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:920-1. 2004..The guidelines are published on the following website: < http://www.doh.gov.uk/pub/docs/doh/guidelines.pdf >...
- [The value of ultrasonography in diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasia in postmenopausal women]Andrzej Starczewski
Klinika Rozrodczości i Ginekologii, Pomorskiej Akademii Medycznej, Szczecin
Przegl Lek 62:227-9. 2005....
- Endometrial carcinoma after endometrial resection for dysfunctional uterine bleedingRon Sagiv
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon Israel and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 106:1174-6. 2005..However, this procedure cannot guarantee complete removal of the entire endometrium. The possibility exists that endometrial carcinoma may develop even years after such procedure...
- Evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding by transvaginal 3-D hysterosonography and diagnostic hysteroscopyN Makris
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 28:39-42. 2007..To compare 3-D hysterosonography (3-DHS) and diagnostic hysteroscopy in women with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Anastrozole versus tamoxifen treatment in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer and tamoxifen-induced endometrial pathologyBernd Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:1245-50. 2006..To investigate the effect of switching from adjuvant tamoxifen to anastrozole (Arimidex) treatment in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer and histologically proven tamoxifen-induced benign endometrial pathology...
- The effectiveness of the Masterson curette in sampling the endometrial cavityL Reddington
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19129, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 87:877-80. 1995..If abnormal uterine bleeding persists despite normal histology on curettings obtained with the Masterson or other endometrial sampling device, hysteroscopy is recommended...
- [Clinical value of the measurement of blood flow in uterine arteries and endometrial vessels in women with postmenopausal bleeding using "power" angio Doppler technique]Monika Englert-Golon
Klinika Ginekologii Operacyjnej, AM im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 77:759-63. 2006..The aim of the study was the measurement of blood flow in uterine arteries and endometrial vessels in women with postmenopausal bleeding using "power" angio Doppler technique..
- Management of abnormal uterine hemorrhage with atypical endometrial hyperplasia by transcervical resection of endometriumL Sui
Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Diagnostic and Treatment Center for Cervical Disease, Fudan University, 419 Fang Xie Road, Shanghai 200011, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1482-6. 2006..The thickness of endometrium was no more than 5 mm in all the cases. TCRE is one available microinvasive surgery alternative to hysterectomy for AEH patients contraindicated to hysterectomy...
- [Endometrial hyperplasia: A review]J L Brun
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:542-50. 2006..Medical treatment may be offered to young women suffered from hyperplasias with cytological atypia and desiring pregnancy...
- The Bethesda System 2001 recommendation for reporting of benign appearing endometrial cells in Pap tests of women age 40 years and older leads to unwarranted surveillance when followed without clinical qualifiersDeniz L Aslan
Department of Pathology, New York, Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Papanicolaou Cytology Laboratory Room F766B, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:86-93. 2007....
- US for postmenopausal bleeding: consensus development and patient-centered outcomesRobert L Bree
Radiology 222:595-8. 2002
- Cost analysis model: US versus endometrial biopsy in evaluation of peri- and postmenopausal abnormal vaginal bleedingJonathan R Medverd
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104 2499, USA
Radiology 222:619-27. 2002....
- Childbirth and myoma treatment by uterine artery occlusion: do they share a common biology?Fred Burbank
Vascular Control System, Inc, San Juan Capistrano, California, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:138-52. 2004..It is postulated that myomas are killed by the same process that kills trophoblasts - transient uterine ischemia...
- One-stop clinic for postmenopausal bleedingJitendra K Panda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Poole General Hospital, Dorset, U K
J Reprod Med 47:761-6. 2002..To evaluate the role of one-stop clinic for early diagnosis and management of women with postmenopausal bleeding by means of transvaginal ultrasonography, outpatient hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy...
- [Diagnostic hysteroscopy after D&C in women with perimenopausal bleeding]Ryszard Bedner
Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii Operacyjnej Dorosłych i Dziewczat PAM w Szczecinie
Ginekol Pol 73:577-82. 2002..Comparative estimation of D&C and hysteroscopy as a method of receiving material to histological estimation in perimenopausal women...
- Correlation between transvaginal ultrasound measured endometrial thickness and histopathological findings in Afro-Caribbean Jamaican women with postmenopausal bleedingH Phillip
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Child Health, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:568-72. 2004..However parity < 2 appeared not to have a significant effect...
- Inadequate office endometrial sample requires further evaluation in women with postmenopausal bleeding and abnormal ultrasound resultsH C van Doorn
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:100-4. 2007..To determine whether further histologic assessment can be omitted after office sampling produced a nondiagnostic specimen...
- Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis of postmenopausal bleedingBramara Guruwadayarhalli
Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK
Menopause Int 13:132-4. 2007..Focal pathology can be removed during the hysteroscopy, thereby reducing hospital admissions and costs...
- Photonic Crystal Surfaces for Label-Free Detection and Fluorescence AmplificationLILA OTT VODKIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project is relevant for the development of gene-based diagnostic tests that are accurate, reliable, and able to identify genes at low concentration. ..
- Photonic Crystal Surfaces for Label-Free Detection and Fluorescence AmplificationBrian Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2009..The project is relevant for the development of gene-based and protein-based diagnostic tests that are accurate, reliable, and able to detect analytes at low concentration. ..
- Gonadotropins & Cox-2 in Ovarian Cancer PreventionXIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also, the studies will test if Cox and uPA pathways may be useful as targets for prevention of ovarian cancer targets, and provide an understanding of their mechanisms. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2009..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2010..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2011..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1 GENE REGULATES MYELOPOIESISDAVID CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an extradiol prodrugIstvan Merchenthaler; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., the use of para-quinol of estrogen as a prodrug approach. The prodrug is converted to estrogen in brain but not uterus and breast, and as a result, it blunts hot flushes in an animal model of hot flush. ..
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network (U10)Gregory Christman; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the research team at the Center for Reproductive Medicine is experienced in multi-center clinical trials and is committed to collaborative protocol development and study consistent with the goals of the RMU network. ..
- Novel treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an estradiol prodrugLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the pro-drug approach we propose here could provide an impetus for drug discovery of other related or un-related therapies. ..
- STEM CELL FACTOR ACTION IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, the newly detected additional roles of SCF in maintaining stem cells, up-regulating neurotrophin receptors and promoting sensory neurogenesis suggest additional defects in human piebaldism that remain to be elucidated. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- PI 3-KINASE AND KIT RECEPTOR SIGNALINGPeter Besmer; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, we will investigate the mechanism of Kit mediated suppression of radiation and factor deprivation induced apoptosis in mast cells. ..
- PROGESTIN EFFECTS ON UTERINE HEMOSTASIS AND ANGIOGENESISCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 1999..Such a reduction would be expected to reduce the occurrence of unplanned pregnancies. ..
- SERM Regulation of PAK Pathway in Endometrial CancerRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF LEIOMYOMA GROWTH AND REGRESSIONNasser Chegini; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will investigate how fibroids are developed and grow, and ways to prevent them, including their symptoms. ..
- Mifepristone for Prevention of Breakthrough BleedingJohn Jain; Fiscal Year: 2004..If Mifepristone is shown to safely decrease the incidence of breakthrough bleeding, more women may continue DMPA and not place themselves at risk of an unintended pregnancy. ..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersOv Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersRobert Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- NEURONAL PLASTICITY AND THE CONTROL OF EYE POSITIONNEAL BARMACK; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use "differential display" to identify mRNAs in dorsal cap neurons whose proteins might be responsible for two functions: 1) Axonal transport of CRF , and 2) Calcium binding. ..
- Progestin Effects on Uterine Hemostasis & AngiogenesisCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOUSE MINUTES: A GENETIC STUDY OF RIBOSOMAL PROTEINSThomas Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Center for Endometrial Biology and EndometriosisHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Center also contains three Cores. An Administrative Core, a Cell and Tissue Core and Mouse Modeling Core will be used by each of the investigators and complete a comprehensive Center. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. ..