Genomes and Genes
Summary: Bleeding from blood vessels in the UTERUS, sometimes manifested as vaginal bleeding.
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Should transvaginal ultrasound be performed at annual examination in asymptomatic women?Leeber Cohen
Int J Fertil Womens Med 48:150-3. 2003
- Sono-guided endometrial biopsy: comparison with hysteroscopy biopsy. Sono-guided endometrial biopsy using the Bernard catheter had no impact on endometrial assessment by sonohysterographyUlrike Metzger
, , Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:26-31. 2004..Histological assessment should fail less when we exclude endometrial atrophy. The diameter of the catheter and the aspiration technique must be revised and the learning curve must be considered. Our technique cannot replace EB by HSC...
- Value of sonography in the diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleedingTheodore J Dubinsky
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 359728, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 32:348-53. 2004....
- Transvaginal ultrasonography and endometrial cytology as a diagnostic schema for endometrial cancerYukihisa Minagawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori Prefectural Central Hospital, Tottori, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:149-54. 2005..To determine whether the combined use of transvaginal ultrasonography and endometrial cytology is an effective diagnostic schema for endometrial cancer and hyperplasia of the uterus...
- Self-reported heavy bleeding associated with uterine leiomyomataGanesa Wegienka
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:431-7. 2003..To characterize the relationship between self-reported bleeding symptoms and uterine leiomyoma size and location...
- Regulation of angiogenesis in the endometriumS K Smith
The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK CB2 2SW
Trends Endocrinol Metab 12:147-51. 2001....
- Threatened abortion: A risk factor for poor pregnancy outcome, a population-based screening studyJoshua L Weiss
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:745-50. 2004..2), and placental abruption (odds ratio, 3.6). CONCLUSION: First-trimester vaginal bleeding is an independent risk factor for adverse obstetric outcome that is directly proportional to the amount of bleeding...
- An algorithm including results of gray-scale and power Doppler ultrasound examination to predict endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:370-6. 2002..To determine if power Doppler ultrasound examination of the endometrium can contribute to a correct diagnosis of endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleeding and endometrium > or = 5 mm...
- Maternal and perinatal outcome in women with threatened miscarriage in the first trimester: a systematic reviewL Saraswat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
BJOG 117:245-57. 2010..Threatened miscarriage is a common complication in the first trimester of pregnancy and is often associated with anxiety regarding pregnancy outcome...
- [Three dimensional sonography in the endometrial volume measurement in women with perimenopausal irregular uterine bleeding]Norbert Stachowicz
I Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii AM w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 73:970-5. 2002..CONCLUSION: We conclude that 3D sonography and automatic volume measurement might be used better to characterize endometrial changes in women with perimenopausal bleeding...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and underlying hemostatic disorders: report of a consensus processMalcolm G Munro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 84:1335-7. 2005....
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography and saline infusion sonohysterography in evaluating the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleedingMehmet Erdem
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Menopause 14:846-52. 2007..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) and saline infusion sonohysterography (SIS) of the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Comparison of Endorette and dilatation and curettage for sampling of the endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital MAS, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:959-64. 2001....
- Saline infusion sonography in women with abnormal uterine bleeding: an update of recent findingsCornelis D de Kroon
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:653-7. 2006..To inform about new developments concerning saline infusion sonography, especially in women suffering from abnormal uterine bleeding...
- An imaging algorithm for evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding: does sonohysterography play a role?Susanna I Lee
Menopause 14:823-5. 2007
- The role of transvaginal colour Doppler sonography in evaluation of abnormal uterine bleedingSvetlana Dragojević
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Clinic Narodni front, Narodnog fronta 62, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:332-5. 2005..Fewer percentages of women with unexpected and/or acyclic and prolonged bleeding have endometrial cancer...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography with hysterosonography as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingJeong-ah Ryu
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 5:39-46. 2004..With its higher sensitivities, specificities and positive and negative predictive values, HS can be better used than TVS in evaluating those patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- The first-line investigation of postmenopausal bleeding: transvaginal ultrasound scanning and endometrial biopsy may be enoughFadi Alfhaily
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust, Essex
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:892-5. 2009..This commentary highlights this important issue and discusses the role of these different modalities...
- What is the recurrence rate of postmenopausal bleeding in women who have a thin endometrium during a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding?H C van Doorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:89-93. 2008..To determine the incidence and significance of recurrent postmenopausal bleeding among women diagnosed with an endometrial thickness < or =4 mm after a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding...
- Saline contrast sonohysterography and directed extraction, resection and biopsy of intrauterine pathology using a Uterine Explora CuretteA Y Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, WI, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:202-5. 2006....
- Can ultrasound replace dilation and curettage? A longitudinal evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding and transvaginal sonographic measurement of the endometrium as predictors of endometrial cancerB Gull
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:401-8. 2003....
- Gray-scale ultrasound morphology in the presence or absence of intrauterine fluid and vascularity as assessed by color Doppler for discrimination between benign and malignant endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Malmö University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:89-95. 2006....
- A systematic review of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal womenCynthia Farquhar
Cochrane Menstrual Disorders and Subfertility Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:493-504. 2003..To determine the accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and diagnostic hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal women...
- The performance of Pipelle endometrial sampling in a dedicated postmenopausal bleeding clinicD Elsandabesee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, Norfolk NR31 6LA, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:32-4. 2005..However, when the endometrial thickness is < or = 4 mm, little can be gained from endometrial sampling as malignancy is rare and the chance of getting an adequate sample is small...
- Association of endometrial thickness assessed at trans-vaginal ultrasonography to endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women asymptomatic or with abnormal uterine bleedingStefano Ciatto
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Ferrara, Italy
Radiol Med 104:437-42. 2002..To define the normal cut off of endometrial thickness as measured at transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) in order to define postmenopausal women without symptoms or with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) at risk of endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- Probability analysis for diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in postmenopausal bleeding: an approach for a rational diagnostic workupLucas M Bachmann
Horten Centre, Zurich University, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:564-9. 2003..To develop an analytical approach to estimate the probability of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in women with postmenopausal bleeding, using a combination of patient history and tests...
- Risk factors for endometrial hyperplasia and cancer among women with abnormal bleedingA M Weber
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:594-8. 1999..To identify independent risk factors for endometrial neoplasia in women with abnormal perimenopausal or postmenopausal bleeding and to use those factors to develop and test a predictive model...
- Endovaginal ultrasound to exclude endometrial cancer and other endometrial abnormalitiesR Smith-Bindman
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Radiology, University of California, 94115, USA
JAMA 280:1510-7. 1998..Postmenopausal vaginal bleeding is a common clinical problem. Endovaginal ultrasound (EVUS) is a noninvasive diagnostic test that may help determine which women should undergo endometrial biopsy...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and prognosis of endometrial cancerT Kimura
Department of Gynecology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Higashinari, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 85:145-50. 2004..However, the diagnosis and treatment of endometrial cancer with some suspicious signs other than AUB might improve the prognosis...
- A systematic review of postcoital bleeding and risk of cervical cancerMark Shapley
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire
Br J Gen Pract 56:453-60. 2006..Women need to be involved in decisions about their care and this involves communicating risk and an exploration of the implications of the risk. Risk estimates of postcoital bleeding for cervical cancer are not available...
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States 1990-1997Cynthia M Farquhar
Centers for Practice and Technology Assessment, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:229-34. 2002..To assess hysterectomy rates, type of hysterectomy, and other factors associated within the United States from 1990-1997...
- Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus Conference statementR B Goldstein
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:1025-36. 2001....
- Rectal and postmenopausal bleeding: consultation and referral of patients with and without severe mental health problemsChris Parker
Nottingham Primary Care Research Partnership, Hucknall, Nottingham
Br J Gen Pract 57:371-6. 2007..There is concern that this could apply to rectal bleeding or postmenopausal bleeding. Published estimates of consultation rates and outcomes for these symptoms vary widely...
- Prevalence and persistence of health problems after childbirth: associations with parity and method of birthJane F Thompson
Women and Children's Health, The Canberra Hospital, Australia
Birth 29:83-94. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Health problems commonly occurred after childbirth with some resolution over the 6 months postpartum. Some important differences in prevalence of health problems were evident when parity and method of birth were considered...
- Combination of endometrial thickness and time since menopause in predicting endometrial cancer in women with postmenopausal bleedingIlan Bruchim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapir Medical Center, 59 Tchernichovsky Street, Kfar Saba, 44281, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 32:219-24. 2004..In addition, models derived by multiple logistic regression can be used to calculate a patient's risk of cancer based on her age and endometrial thickness...
- Transvaginal ultrasonography and uterine artery Doppler in diagnosing endometrial pathologies and carcinoma in postmenopausal bleedingOsman H Develioglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Eskisehir, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:175-80. 2003..3 mm for ET alone. Assessing uterine artery Doppler indices has no complementary role for measuring ET in evaluating PMB...
- Superficial endometrial vascular fragility in Norplant users and in women with ovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleedingM Hickey
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Norfolk Place W2 1PG, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:1509-14. 2000..83, P = 0.01). There was no obvious relationship between subepithelial bleeding and circulating concentrations of oestradiol and progesterone...
- Ultrasonographic endometrial thickness for diagnosing endometrial pathology in women with postmenopausal bleeding: a meta-analysisJanesh K Gupta
Birmingham Minimal Access and Surgical Training MAST Center, Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:799-816. 2002..However, a negative result at < or = 5 mm cut-off level measuring both endometrial layers in the presence of endometrial pathology rules out endometrial pathology with good certainty...
- The structure of endometrial microvesselsM Hickey
Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:57-66. 2000..Likely mechanisms of breakthrough bleeding such as increased superficial vascular fragility and the possible alterations in endometrial vascular structure leading to this are discussed...
- Ultrasonographic detection of asymptomatic endometrial cancer in postmenopausal patients offers no prognostic advantage over symptomatic disease discovered by uterine bleedingB Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Rostock, Post Box 10 08 88, 18055, Rostock, Germany
Eur J Cancer 37:64-71. 2001..Moreover, patients who are at a high risk for EC tend to avoid TVS screening. Finally, endometrial screening often results in unnecessary operations, which are associated with increased morbidity and costs...
- Diagnosis and management of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleedingJ J Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing 100730, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:114-9. 2005..To study the clinical manifestations, diagnosis, management, and prognosis of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleeding...
- Lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester induced abortion: diagnosis and conservative managementXinyan Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 116:695-8. 2003..To discuss the diagnosis of and conservative management for lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester abortion...
- Role, epidemiology, and natural history of benign uterine mass lesionsGinny L Ryan
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Iowa Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 48:312-24. 2005
- Future research into abnormal uterine bleedingNadia C Samuel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:1023-40. 2007....
- Relationship between progesterone receptor level in endometrium and bleeding pattern in depot medroxyprogesterone acetate usersPichai Chotnopparatpattara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:172-7. 2003..05). In conclusion, after a second dose of DMPA, subjects with amenorrhea had a higher stromal PR score than those with uterine bleeding...
- Pathophysiology of endometrial bleedingAlex Ferenczy
McGill University, Que, Montreal, Canada
Maturitas 45:1-14. 2003..To review the morphological and molecular events responsible for uterine bleeding in health and disease...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding associated with hormonal contraceptionSarina Schrager
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53715, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:2073-80. 2002....
- Local levonorgestrel regulation of androgen receptor and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 expression in human endometriumKevin A Burton
Centre for Reproductive Biology, Chancellor's Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2610-7. 2003..The suppression of AR by the LNG-IUS may also play a role in BTB, as elevated AR has been associated with amenorrhoea...
- US evaluation of the uterus in patients with postmenopausal bleeding: A positive effect on diagnostic decision makingR L Bree
Department of Radiology, DC069 10, University of Missouri Health Sciences Center, One Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Radiology 216:260-4. 2000..To assess the accuracy of hysterosonography (HSG) and its role in diagnostic confidence and therapeutic clinical decision making among referring physicians caring for patients with postmenopausal bleeding (PMB)...
- [Hysteroscopy in cases of abnormal uterine bleeding and abnormal ultrasonographic findings of uterine cavity-own experience]Mirosław Niewolin
Oddział Patologii Ciazy, Połoznictwa i Ginekologii Samodzielnego Publicznego Specjalistycznego Zakładu Opieki Zdrowotnej w Leborku
Ginekol Pol 75:281-7. 2004..In the paper authors present indications and results of using diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy in the clinical practise and compare histological result with introductory diagnosis of ultrasonography and hysteroscopy...
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy: a valuable diagnostic tool in the diagnosis of structural intra-cavital pathology and endometrial hyperplasia or carcinoma?. Six years of experience with non-clinical diagnostic hysteroscopyAlexander C de Wit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Rivierenland Hospital President Kennedylaan 1, 4002 WP, Tiel, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 110:79-82. 2003..1045 diagnostic hysteroscopic procedures performed throughout six consecutive years were evaluated, focussing on its value in diagnosing endometrial hyperplasia and carcinoma...
- Postmenopausal bleeding on hormone replacement therapy: review of the current referral guidelinesH Abouzeid
Heatherwood and Wexham Park NHS Trust, Berkshire, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:920-1. 2004..The guidelines are published on the following website: < http://www.doh.gov.uk/pub/docs/doh/guidelines.pdf >...
- [Postmenopausal uterine bleeding. Analytic study about 65 cases]Atef Youssef
Tunis Med 83:453-6. 2005..Simple hyperplasia: 2 cases. CONCLUSION: Despite the fact that benign pathology is more frequent than malignancy as a cause postmenopausal uterine bleeding, we must always rule out a cancer by oriented biopsy...
- [Accuracy of transvaginal sonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in diagnosis of intrauterine pathology]Robert Bartkowiak
Ginekol Pol 74:203-9. 2003..CONCLUSION: SHG is more accurate in the diagnosis of intracavitary abnormalities than is TVS. SHG is almost as good as DH at detecting focally growing lesions in the uterine cavity...
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of the endometrium in postmenopausal vaginal bleedingKatharine G Davidson
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 6 JCP, Iowa City IA 52242, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 41:769-80. 2003..Further studies are still necessary to evaluate high-risk patients and determine whether ultrasound or biopsy is really the most cost-effective initial test...
- Inadequate office endometrial sample requires further evaluation in women with postmenopausal bleeding and abnormal ultrasound resultsH C van Doorn
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:100-4. 2007..To determine whether further histologic assessment can be omitted after office sampling produced a nondiagnostic specimen...
- [Complications of operative hysteroscopy]A Agostini
Service de gynécologie obstétrique Secteur B, Hopital la Conception, 147 Bd Baille, 13005 Marseille
Presse Med 32:826-9. 2003..Assess the prevalence and severity of the various complications of operative hysteroscopy, the context in which they occur and the treatments proposed...
- Endometrial carcinoma after endometrial resection for dysfunctional uterine bleedingRon Sagiv
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, E Wolfson Medical Center, Holon Israel and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 106:1174-6. 2005..However, this procedure cannot guarantee complete removal of the entire endometrium. The possibility exists that endometrial carcinoma may develop even years after such procedure...
- Evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding by transvaginal 3-D hysterosonography and diagnostic hysteroscopyN Makris
1st Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Athens, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 28:39-42. 2007..To compare 3-D hysterosonography (3-DHS) and diagnostic hysteroscopy in women with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Endometrial blood flow mapping using transvaginal power Doppler sonography in women with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometriumJ L Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, School of Medicine, Pamplona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:583-8. 2003..To evaluate the role of transvaginal power Doppler sonography to discriminate between benign and malignant endometrial conditions in women presenting with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometrium at baseline sonography...
- [Clinical value of the measurement of blood flow in uterine arteries and endometrial vessels in women with postmenopausal bleeding using "power" angio Doppler technique]Monika Englert-Golon
Klinika Ginekologii Operacyjnej, AM im. Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 77:759-63. 2006..The measurement of blood flow indices in endometrial vessels and uterine arteries is useful to differentiate benign and malignant endometrial pathologies...
- Anastrozole versus tamoxifen treatment in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer and tamoxifen-induced endometrial pathologyBernd Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Klinikum Innenstadt, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 12:1245-50. 2006..To investigate the effect of switching from adjuvant tamoxifen to anastrozole (Arimidex) treatment in postmenopausal women with endocrine-responsive breast cancer and histologically proven tamoxifen-induced benign endometrial pathology...
- Management of abnormal uterine hemorrhage with atypical endometrial hyperplasia by transcervical resection of endometriumL Sui
Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Diagnostic and Treatment Center for Cervical Disease, Fudan University, 419 Fang Xie Road, Shanghai 200011, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1482-6. 2006..The thickness of endometrium was no more than 5 mm in all the cases. TCRE is one available microinvasive surgery alternative to hysterectomy for AEH patients contraindicated to hysterectomy...
- Perioperative predictors of successful hysteroscopic endometrial ablationOfer Gemer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Gynecol Obstet Invest 63:205-8. 2007..To determine which perioperative factors influence the success of hysteroscopic endometrial ablation in patients with menorrhagia...
- [Endometrial hyperplasia: A review]J L Brun
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:542-50. 2006..Medical treatment may be offered to young women suffered from hyperplasias with cytological atypia and desiring pregnancy...
- Endometrial cells identified in cervical cytology in women > or = 40 years of age: criteria for appropriate endometrial evaluationHeather N Beal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:568.e1-5; discussion 568.e5-6. 2007..We determined the frequency of uterine pathology in asymptomatic women, > or = 40 years of age, positive for BECs on cervical cytology...
- Transvaginal Doppler sonography: is there a role for this modality in the evaluation of women with postmenopausal bleeding?Sarikapan Wilailak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Maturitas 50:111-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether transvaginal sonography (TVS) and transvaginal Doppler sonography (TDS) can discriminate between normal and abnormal endometrium...
- Abnormal uterine bleedingJanet R Albers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62702, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:1915-26. 2004..Menorrhagia is managed most effectively with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or the levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive device. Surgical management may include hysterectomy or less invasive, uterus-sparing procedures...
- Childbirth and myoma treatment by uterine artery occlusion: do they share a common biology?Fred Burbank
Vascular Control System, Inc, San Juan Capistrano, California, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:138-52. 2004..It is postulated that myomas are killed by the same process that kills trophoblasts - transient uterine ischemia...
- Correlation between transvaginal ultrasound measured endometrial thickness and histopathological findings in Afro-Caribbean Jamaican women with postmenopausal bleedingH Phillip
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Child Health, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:568-72. 2004..However parity < 2 appeared not to have a significant effect...
- Diagnostic accuracy of endometrial thickness to exclude polyps in women with postmenopausal bleedingAnne Timmermans
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3508 AB Utrecht, POB 85090, The Netherlands
J Clin Ultrasound 36:286-90. 2008..To determine the accuracy of endometrial thickness measurement with transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) to diagnose endometrial polyps in women with postmenopausal bleeding in whom a carcinoma has been ruled out...
- Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis of postmenopausal bleedingBramara Guruwadayarhalli
Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK
Menopause Int 13:132-4. 2007..Focal pathology can be removed during the hysteroscopy, thereby reducing hospital admissions and costs...
- [Hysteroscopic evaluation of the uterine cavity in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding]Tomasz Wierzbowski
Ginekol Pol 74:892-6. 2003..Thanks to localization and elimination of the pathologies like endometrial polyps and intrauterine adhesions the repeated bleeding and the second time admission of the patient for the same reason can be avoided...
- Role of hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy to rule out endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleedingPietro Litta
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Maturitas 50:117-23. 2005....
- [Value of saline infusion sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in postmenopausal patient with persistent abnormal ultrasonographic images after endometrial curettage with normal histological results]Artur Ludwin
, Klinikii Ginekologii,
Ginekol Pol 74:786-92. 2003..Advantage of applying liquid medium in SIS seems surpass the risk of passage of cells of carcinoma to peritoneal cavity...
- Hormonal replacement therapy and evaluation of intrauterine pathology in postmenopausal women: a ten-year studyB Mossa
Department of Gynecological Sciences, Perinatology and Child Health II School of Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:507-12. 2003..According to our experience, we believe a cut-off point of 8 mm to be significant (p < 0.001) to perform an hysteroscopy and biopsy except for asymptomatic patients on HRT...
- The Bethesda System 2001 recommendation for reporting of benign appearing endometrial cells in Pap tests of women age 40 years and older leads to unwarranted surveillance when followed without clinical qualifiersDeniz L Aslan
Department of Pathology, New York, Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Papanicolaou Cytology Laboratory Room F766B, 525 E 68th St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Gynecol Oncol 107:86-93. 2007....
- The value of outpatient hysteroscopy in diagnosing endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with and without hormone replacement therapyJackie Elliott
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheffield University, Sheffield, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:1112-9. 2003..Furthermore, both hysteroscopy and pipelle sampling are required to accurately identify all cases of endometrial carcinoma...
- [Dysfunctionnal uterin bleedings]H Fernandez
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, Hopital Antoine Beclere, APHP, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92140 Clamart Cedex, France
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 36:562-6. 2007..This new tarification could include the device cost and could avoid either inefficient procedure like datation and curetage or morbide procedure like hysterectomy...
- Hysterectomy in women with cervical stenosis. Surgical indications and pathologyChevies Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ochsner Clinic, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Reprod Med 48:672-6. 2003..For these patients, hysterectomy is a reasonable option...
- Perioperative factors for predicting successful hysteroscopic endometrial ablationOfer Gemer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, 78306 Israel
J Reprod Med 48:677-80. 2003..To investigate factors affecting the success of hysteroscopic endometrial ablation in order to improve patient counseling...
- One-stop clinic for postmenopausal bleedingJitendra K Panda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Poole General Hospital, Dorset, U.K
J Reprod Med 47:761-6. 2002..CONCLUSION: A one-stop clinic is effective for early diagnosis of genital tract malignancy in a majority of patients with postmenopausal bleeding and significantly help in reducing the hospital waiting list...
- The effectiveness of the Masterson curette in sampling the endometrial cavityL Reddington
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19129, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 87:877-80. 1995..If abnormal uterine bleeding persists despite normal histology on curettings obtained with the Masterson or other endometrial sampling device, hysteroscopy is recommended...
- Pipelle versus fractional curettage for the endometrial sampling in postmenopausal womenS Bunyavejchevin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 84:S326-30. 2001..False negative could occur in the focal disease of malignancy of the endometrium...
- [The value of ultrasonography in diagnosis of atypical endometrial hyperplasia in postmenopausal women]Andrzej Starczewski
, Pomorskiej Akademii Medycznej, Szczecin
Przegl Lek 62:227-9. 2005..However, the rarest endometrial cancers were affirmed in postmenopausal women with ultrasound image of fluid in uterine cavity with thin endometrium...
- A randomized trial of danazol pretreatment prior to endometrial resectionAlka Kriplani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:68-71. 2002..To assess the effect of danazol pretreatment in women undergoing endometrial resection for dysfunctional uterine bleeding...
- Can radiological procedures replace histologic examination in the evaluation of abnormal vaginal bleeding?Carolyn D Runowicz
Obstet Gynecol 99:529-30. 2002
- [Panoramic hysteroscopy in prophylaxis of precancerous lesions and endometrial carcinoma]R Bedner
Ginekol Pol 72:1423-8. 2001..2. Hysteroscopy does not seem to be a satisfactory tool for the differentiation between endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinoma...
- Imaging the endometrium: disease and normal variantsK M Nalaboff
Department of Radiology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Dr, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Radiographics 21:1409-24. 2001..Accurate diagnosis requires that these factors be taken into account in addition to clinical history and physical examination findings...
- Cost analysis model: US versus endometrial biopsy in evaluation of peri- and postmenopausal abnormal vaginal bleedingJonathan R Medverd
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104-2499, USA
Radiology 222:619-27. 2002..CONCLUSION: Transvaginal US-initiated triage predicts substantial cost savings versus biopsy-based algorithms in evaluating typical populations of peri- and postmenopausal women with abnormal vaginal bleeding seen in clinical practice...
- US for postmenopausal bleeding: consensus development and patient-centered outcomesRobert L Bree
Radiology 222:595-8. 2002
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasound, saline infusion sonography and hysteroscopy to investigate postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRTS T Cameron
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, United Kingdom
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:291-4. 2001..These findings justify the need for a large randomised trial of TVS, SIS, hysteroscopy and endometrial sampling, in order to develop the most appropriate strategy for investigating postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRT...
- [Diagnostic hysteroscopy after D&C in women with perimenopausal bleeding]Ryszard Bedner
Ginekol Pol 73:577-82. 2002..2. Hysteroscopy should determine a method of choice for women with recurrent bleedings from the uterus, which pathological changes were not detected with curettage...
- Endometrial disorders in 406 breast cancer patients on tamoxifen: the case for less intensive monitoringM Vosse
Gynaecologic Surgery Department, Jules Bordet Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 101:58-63. 2002....
- [Abnormal menstrual bleeding]R A Steiner
Kantonales Frauenspital Fontana, Chur
Praxis (Bern 1994) 91:1967-74. 2002..Organic causes of abnormal bleeding are treated by hysteroscopy. Relapse may necessitate destruction of the endometrium or hysterectomy...
- The role of hysteroscopy with eye-directed biopsy in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding and endometrial atrophyRaffaele Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Menopause 15:737-42. 2008..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVS) and hysteroscopy for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB)...
- Factors affecting adequacy of Pipelle and Tao Brush endometrial samplingA R W Williams
Department of Pathology, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
BJOG 115:1028-36. 2008..To compare factors influencing adequacy of endometrial samples obtained using two outpatient sampling devices--Pipelle and Tao Brush...
- Transvaginal sonography combined with saline contrast sonohysterography to evaluate the uterine cavity in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding and postmenopausal endometrium more than 5 mmM Kazandi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:185-90. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Sonohysterography was a sensitive tool and was superior to TVS used alone for evaluation of the uterine cavity in patients who underwent operative surgery for abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Validity of pipelle endometrial sampling in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingShazia Fakhar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shifa College of Medicine, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ann Saudi Med 28:188-91. 2008..We compared endometrial sampling by pipelle endometrial curette with conventional dilatation and curettage (D&C) in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- [Individualization of low-dose oral contraceptives. Pharmacological principles and practical indications for oral contraceptives]A Cianci
Istituto di Ginecologia ed Ostetricia, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Catania
Minerva Ginecol 59:415-25. 2007..In conclusion, formulations containing drospirenone are a valid alternative to conventional oral contraceptives for the personalisation of these drugs...
- [Hormonally-active ovarian tumors in 30 years of data (1965-1994)]E Molnar
Sluzba za zdravstvenu zastitu zena, Zdravstveni centar Dr Gere Istvan, Senta
Med Pregl 52:241-5. 1999..In order to make the diagnosis, when uterine hemorrhage occurs, it is necessary to perform explorative curettage, but the tumors must be surgically removed...
- Photonic Crystal Surfaces for Label-Free Detection and Fluorescence AmplificationLILA OTT VODKIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The project is relevant for the development of gene-based diagnostic tests that are accurate, reliable, and able to identify genes at low concentration. ..
- Photonic Crystal Surfaces for Label-Free Detection and Fluorescence AmplificationBrian Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2009..The project is relevant for the development of gene-based and protein-based diagnostic tests that are accurate, reliable, and able to detect analytes at low concentration. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2010..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- Gonadotropins & Cox-2 in Ovarian Cancer PreventionXIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also, the studies will test if Cox and uPA pathways may be useful as targets for prevention of ovarian cancer targets, and provide an understanding of their mechanisms. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2011..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2009..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1 GENE REGULATES MYELOPOIESISDAVID CLAPP; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an extradiol prodrugIstvan Merchenthaler; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., the use of para-quinol of estrogen as a prodrug approach. The prodrug is converted to estrogen in brain but not uterus and breast, and as a result, it blunts hot flushes in an animal model of hot flush. ..
- Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network (U10)Gregory Christman; Fiscal Year: 2007..In summary, the research team at the Center for Reproductive Medicine is experienced in multi-center clinical trials and is committed to collaborative protocol development and study consistent with the goals of the RMU network. ..
- Novel treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an estradiol prodrugLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the pro-drug approach we propose here could provide an impetus for drug discovery of other related or un-related therapies. ..
- STEM CELL FACTOR ACTION IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, the newly detected additional roles of SCF in maintaining stem cells, up-regulating neurotrophin receptors and promoting sensory neurogenesis suggest additional defects in human piebaldism that remain to be elucidated. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- PI 3-KINASE AND KIT RECEPTOR SIGNALINGPeter Besmer; Fiscal Year: 2000..Finally, we will investigate the mechanism of Kit mediated suppression of radiation and factor deprivation induced apoptosis in mast cells. ..
- PROGESTIN EFFECTS ON UTERINE HEMOSTASIS AND ANGIOGENESISCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 1999..Such a reduction would be expected to reduce the occurrence of unplanned pregnancies. ..
- SERM Regulation of PAK Pathway in Endometrial CancerRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF LEIOMYOMA GROWTH AND REGRESSIONNasser Chegini; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will investigate how fibroids are developed and grow, and ways to prevent them, including their symptoms. ..
- Mifepristone for Prevention of Breakthrough BleedingJohn Jain; Fiscal Year: 2004..If Mifepristone is shown to safely decrease the incidence of breakthrough bleeding, more women may continue DMPA and not place themselves at risk of an unintended pregnancy. ..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersOv Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersRobert Brenner; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- NEURONAL PLASTICITY AND THE CONTROL OF EYE POSITIONNEAL BARMACK; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use "differential display" to identify mRNAs in dorsal cap neurons whose proteins might be responsible for two functions: 1) Axonal transport of CRF , and 2) Calcium binding. ..
- Progestin Effects on Uterine Hemostasis & AngiogenesisCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MOUSE MINUTES: A GENETIC STUDY OF RIBOSOMAL PROTEINSThomas Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Center for Endometrial Biology and EndometriosisHugh Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Center also contains three Cores. An Administrative Core, a Cell and Tissue Core and Mouse Modeling Core will be used by each of the investigators and complete a comprehensive Center. ..
- Estrogen regulation of uterine microRNAs: Novel factors in MMP-9 regulationWarren Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2007..Enhancing our understanding on the regulation of MMP-9 expression may lead to the establishment of novel approaches to counteract mis-expression of this protease and the diseases associated with it. ..