Genomes and Genes
Summary: Bleeding from blood vessels in the UTERUS, sometimes manifested as vaginal bleeding.
Publications259 found, 100 shown here
- Value of sonography in the diagnosis of abnormal vaginal bleedingTheodore J Dubinsky
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Box 359728, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98117, USA
J Clin Ultrasound 32:348-53. 2004....
- Should transvaginal ultrasound be performed at annual examination in asymptomatic women?Leeber Cohen
Int J Fertil Womens Med 48:150-3. 2003
- Sono-guided endometrial biopsy: comparison with hysteroscopy biopsy. Sono-guided endometrial biopsy using the Bernard catheter had no impact on endometrial assessment by sonohysterographyUlrike Metzger
Service de Chirurgie Gynécologique et Cancérologique, Hopital Europeen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Invest 58:26-31. 2004..To assess the feasibility, tolerance and diagnostic accuracy of endometrial biopsy (EB) during sonohysterography (SH) compared to EB after hysteroscopy (HSC) in endometrial disorders...
- Transvaginal ultrasonography and endometrial cytology as a diagnostic schema for endometrial cancerYukihisa Minagawa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori Prefectural Central Hospital, Tottori, Japan
Gynecol Obstet Invest 59:149-54. 2005..To determine whether the combined use of transvaginal ultrasonography and endometrial cytology is an effective diagnostic schema for endometrial cancer and hyperplasia of the uterus...
- A case of pregnancy and childbirth after uterine artery embolization with a permanent embolic agentSuguru Igarashi
St Marianna University School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kawasaki, Japan
Fertil Steril 95:290.e9-11. 2011..To report a case of full-term delivery after uterine artery embolization with N-butyl cyanoacrylate for abruptio placentae...
- Cervical length and risk of antepartum bleeding in women with complete placenta previaT Ghi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 33:209-12. 2009..To evaluate if cervical length predicts prepartum bleeding and emergency Cesarean section in cases of placenta previa...
- Predictive value of symptoms for ovarian cancer: comparison of symptoms reported by questionnaire, interview, and general practitioner notesAnita W W Lim
Centre for Cancer Prevention, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:114-24. 2012..Although several symptom indices have been described, their relationship with the potential lead time has been poorly documented...
- Ultrasonographic cervical length and risk of hemorrhage in pregnancies with placenta previaIrene A Stafford
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:595-600. 2010..To estimate the relationship between cervical length and hemorrhage leading to preterm delivery in women with placenta previa...
- Should women with postcoital bleeding be referred for colposcopy?J Abu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Leicester, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:45-7. 2006..Therefore, postcoital bleeding should remain an indication for referral to the colposcopy clinic for a detailed evaluation of the lower genital tract...
- First-trimester bleeding and pregnancy outcome in singletons after assisted reproductionPetra De Sutter
Infertility Centre, University Hospital Gent, Gent, Belgium
Hum Reprod 21:1907-11. 2006..It is unknown whether first-trimester bleeding, if not ending in a spontaneous abortion, negatively influences further pregnancy outcome in ART in singletons...
- A systematic review of postcoital bleeding and risk of cervical cancerMark Shapley
Primary Care Sciences Research Centre, Keele University, Staffordshire
Br J Gen Pract 56:453-60. 2006..Women need to be involved in decisions about their care and this involves communicating risk and an exploration of the implications of the risk. Risk estimates of postcoital bleeding for cervical cancer are not available...
- Medical abortion in early pregnancy: experience in ChinaLinan Cheng
Shanghai Institute of Family Planning Technical Instruction, International Peace Maternity and Child Health Hospital, China Welfare Institute, Shanghai 200030, People s Republic of China
Contraception 74:61-5. 2006..Mifepristone is now produced in three companies in China and is commonly used with PGs for medical abortion...
- Auditing the use of colposcopy versus general gynecology clinics to investigate women with postcoital or intermenstrual bleeding: a case for a new outpatient serviceVanessa N Harry
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Low Genit Tract Dis 11:108-11. 2007..The aim of this audit was to determine whether initial referral to a general gynecology clinic (GOPD) or a colposcopy clinic is the most efficient means of managing women with postcoital (PCB) or intermenstrual (IMB) bleeding...
- Uterine necrosis and sepsis after vascular embolization and surgical ligation in a patient with postpartum hemorrhageCeline Pirard
Department of Gynecology, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Cliniques Universitaires St Luc, Brussels, Belgium
Fertil Steril 78:412-3. 2002
- The expression of angiopoietin-1 and -2 in the endometrium of women with abnormal bleeding induced by an intra-uterine deviceH L Qian
Department of Gynaecology, Women s Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
J Int Med Res 38:100-10. 2010..These results suggest that the angiopoietin/Tie-2 system promotes vascular remodelling in the endometrium and that changes in the expression of Ang-1, Ang-2 and Tie-2 may contribute to abnormal uterine bleeding in some IUD users...
- Hysterectomy rates in the United States 1990-1997Cynthia M Farquhar
Centers for Practice and Technology Assessment, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:229-34. 2002..To assess hysterectomy rates, type of hysterectomy, and other factors associated within the United States from 1990-1997...
- Maternal and perinatal outcome in women with threatened miscarriage in the first trimester: a systematic reviewL Saraswat
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, Aberdeen, UK
BJOG 117:245-57. 2010..Threatened miscarriage is a common complication in the first trimester of pregnancy and is often associated with anxiety regarding pregnancy outcome...
- Angiogenic factors and the endometrium following long term progestin only contraceptionC J Lockwood
Department of Ob Gyn, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Histol Histopathol 19:167-72. 2004..Studies in this area offer a promising avenue to alleviate abnormal uterine bleeding associated with this otherwise highly effective form of contraception..
- Abnormal uterine bleeding during progestin-only contraception may result from free radical-induced alterations in angiopoietin expressionGraciela Krikun
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York University Medical Center, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 161:979-86. 2002....
- Threatened abortion: A risk factor for poor pregnancy outcome, a population-based screening studyJoshua L Weiss
Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:745-50. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine whether patients with first-trimester threatened abortion are at increased risk for poor pregnancy outcome...
- Regulation of angiogenesis in the endometriumS K Smith
The Rosie Hospital, Robinson Way, Dept of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK CB2 2SW
Trends Endocrinol Metab 12:147-51. 2001....
- Comparison of Endorette and dilatation and curettage for sampling of the endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital MAS, University of Lund, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:959-64. 2001....
- What is the recurrence rate of postmenopausal bleeding in women who have a thin endometrium during a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding?H C van Doorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 87:89-93. 2008..To determine the incidence and significance of recurrent postmenopausal bleeding among women diagnosed with an endometrial thickness < or =4 mm after a first episode of postmenopausal bleeding...
- [Three dimensional sonography in the endometrial volume measurement in women with perimenopausal irregular uterine bleeding]Norbert Stachowicz
I Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii AM w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 73:970-5. 2002..Evaluation of the role of three-dimensional (3D) ultrasonographic measurement of the endometrium volume in perimenopausal women with irregular uterine bleeding...
- Gray-scale ultrasound morphology in the presence or absence of intrauterine fluid and vascularity as assessed by color Doppler for discrimination between benign and malignant endometrium in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Malmö University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 28:89-95. 2006....
- The role of transvaginal colour Doppler sonography in evaluation of abnormal uterine bleedingSvetlana Dragojević
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Clinic Narodni front, Narodnog fronta 62, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:332-5. 2005..Fewer percentages of women with unexpected and/or acyclic and prolonged bleeding have endometrial cancer...
- The performance of Pipelle endometrial sampling in a dedicated postmenopausal bleeding clinicD Elsandabesee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, James Paget Hospital, Gorleston, Norfolk NR31 6LA, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:32-4. 2005..However, when the endometrial thickness is < or = 4 mm, little can be gained from endometrial sampling as malignancy is rare and the chance of getting an adequate sample is small...
- Self-reported heavy bleeding associated with uterine leiomyomataGanesa Wegienka
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina School of Public Health, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:431-7. 2003..To characterize the relationship between self-reported bleeding symptoms and uterine leiomyoma size and location...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography and saline infusion sonohysterography in evaluating the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleedingMehmet Erdem
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
Menopause 14:846-52. 2007..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) and saline infusion sonohysterography (SIS) of the endometrial cavity in pre- and postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Can ultrasound replace dilation and curettage? A longitudinal evaluation of postmenopausal bleeding and transvaginal sonographic measurement of the endometrium as predictors of endometrial cancerB Gull
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Goteborg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:401-8. 2003....
- A systematic review of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal womenCynthia Farquhar
Cochrane Menstrual Disorders and Subfertility Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National Women s Hospital, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:493-504. 2003..To determine the accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography, sonohysterography and diagnostic hysteroscopy for the investigation of abnormal uterine bleeding in premenopausal women...
- Association of endometrial thickness assessed at trans-vaginal ultrasonography to endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women asymptomatic or with abnormal uterine bleedingStefano Ciatto
Centro per lo Studio e la Prevenzione Oncologica, Ferrara, Italy
Radiol Med 104:437-42. 2002..To define the normal cut off of endometrial thickness as measured at transvaginal ultrasonography (TVUS) in order to define postmenopausal women without symptoms or with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) at risk of endometrial carcinoma (EC)...
- The first-line investigation of postmenopausal bleeding: transvaginal ultrasound scanning and endometrial biopsy may be enoughFadi Alfhaily
Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust, Essex
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:892-5. 2009..This commentary highlights this important issue and discusses the role of these different modalities...
- An algorithm including results of gray-scale and power Doppler ultrasound examination to predict endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleedingE Epstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:370-6. 2002..To determine if power Doppler ultrasound examination of the endometrium can contribute to a correct diagnosis of endometrial malignancy in women with postmenopausal bleeding and endometrium > or = 5 mm...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasonography with hysterosonography as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingJeong Ah Ryu
Department of Radiology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 5:39-46. 2004..To assess the utility of hysterosonography (HS) as a screening method in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- An imaging algorithm for evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding: does sonohysterography play a role?Susanna I Lee
Menopause 14:823-5. 2007
- Saline contrast sonohysterography and directed extraction, resection and biopsy of intrauterine pathology using a Uterine Explora CuretteA Y Wei
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Wisconsin, WI, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:202-5. 2006..To assess the utility of an endometrial sampling device, the Uterine Explora Curette, with concomitant saline contrast sonohysterography (SCSH) for ultrasound-directed extraction, resection and biopsy of endometrial pathology...
- Saline infusion sonography in women with abnormal uterine bleeding: an update of recent findingsCornelis D de Kroon
Department of Gynecology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 18:653-7. 2006..To inform about new developments concerning saline infusion sonography, especially in women suffering from abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Endovaginal ultrasound to exclude endometrial cancer and other endometrial abnormalitiesR Smith-Bindman
San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Radiology, University of California, 94115, USA
JAMA 280:1510-7. 1998..Postmenopausal vaginal bleeding is a common clinical problem. Endovaginal ultrasound (EVUS) is a noninvasive diagnostic test that may help determine which women should undergo endometrial biopsy...
- Probability analysis for diagnosis of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in postmenopausal bleeding: an approach for a rational diagnostic workupLucas M Bachmann
Horten Centre, Zurich University, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:564-9. 2003..To develop an analytical approach to estimate the probability of endometrial hyperplasia and cancer in women with postmenopausal bleeding, using a combination of patient history and tests...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and prognosis of endometrial cancerT Kimura
Department of Gynecology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, Higashinari, Osaka, Japan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 85:145-50. 2004..The aim of this study was to analyze the relationship between the period of abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) and the prognosis of endometrial cancer...
- Prevalence and persistence of health problems after childbirth: associations with parity and method of birthJane F Thompson
Women and Children s Health, The Canberra Hospital, Australia
Birth 29:83-94. 2002..The aim of this study was to describe changes in the prevalence of maternal health problems in the 6 months after birth and their association with parity and method of birth...
- Role, epidemiology, and natural history of benign uterine mass lesionsGinny L Ryan
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, University of Iowa Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 48:312-24. 2005
- Superficial endometrial vascular fragility in Norplant users and in women with ovulatory dysfunctional uterine bleedingM Hickey
Department of Reproductive Science and Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Norfolk Place W2 1PG, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:1509-14. 2000..83, P = 0.01). There was no obvious relationship between subepithelial bleeding and circulating concentrations of oestradiol and progesterone...
- Combination of endometrial thickness and time since menopause in predicting endometrial cancer in women with postmenopausal bleedingIlan Bruchim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sapir Medical Center, 59 Tchernichovsky Street, Kfar Saba, 44281, Israel
J Clin Ultrasound 32:219-24. 2004..This study was conducted to assess the combination of endometrial thickness, as measured by transvaginal sonography, and time since menopause, in predicting the presence of endometrial cancer in women with postmenopausal bleeding...
- Evaluation of the woman with postmenopausal bleeding: Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound-Sponsored Consensus Conference statementR B Goldstein
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
J Ultrasound Med 20:1025-36. 2001....
- Ultrasonographic detection of asymptomatic endometrial cancer in postmenopausal patients offers no prognostic advantage over symptomatic disease discovered by uterine bleedingB Gerber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Rostock, Post Box 10 08 88, 18055, Rostock, Germany
Eur J Cancer 37:64-71. 2001..Moreover, patients who are at a high risk for EC tend to avoid TVS screening. Finally, endometrial screening often results in unnecessary operations, which are associated with increased morbidity and costs...
- Use of the NovaSure Impedance Controlled Endometrial Ablation System in patients with intracavitary disease: 12-month follow-up results of a prospective, single-arm clinical studyRobert Sabbah
University of Montreal, Hôpital Sacré Coeur, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 13:467-71. 2006....
- Ultrasonographic endometrial thickness for diagnosing endometrial pathology in women with postmenopausal bleeding: a meta-analysisJanesh K Gupta
Birmingham Minimal Access and Surgical Training MAST Center, Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women s Hospital, University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TG, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 81:799-816. 2002..However, a negative result at < or = 5 mm cut-off level measuring both endometrial layers in the presence of endometrial pathology rules out endometrial pathology with good certainty...
- Future research into abnormal uterine bleedingNadia C Samuel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Birmingham Women s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 21:1023-40. 2007....
- Rectal and postmenopausal bleeding: consultation and referral of patients with and without severe mental health problemsChris Parker
Nottingham Primary Care Research Partnership, Hucknall, Nottingham
Br J Gen Pract 57:371-6. 2007..There is concern that this could apply to rectal bleeding or postmenopausal bleeding. Published estimates of consultation rates and outcomes for these symptoms vary widely...
- Factors influencing the obstetric and perinatal outcome after oocyte donationGalit Sheffer-Mimouni
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Lis Maternity Hospital, 6 Weizman St, Tel Aviv 46427, Israel
Hum Reprod 17:2636-40. 2002..We evaluated interactions between perinatal outcome after oocyte donation and various maternal factors...
- Risk factors for endometrial hyperplasia and cancer among women with abnormal bleedingA M Weber
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:594-8. 1999..To identify independent risk factors for endometrial neoplasia in women with abnormal perimenopausal or postmenopausal bleeding and to use those factors to develop and test a predictive model...
- Diagnosis and management of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleedingJ J Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing 100730, China
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 89:114-9. 2005..To study the clinical manifestations, diagnosis, management, and prognosis of uterine arteriovenous fistulas with massive vaginal bleeding...
- The structure of endometrial microvesselsM Hickey
Imperial College School of Medicine at St Mary s, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, London, UK
Hum Reprod 15:57-66. 2000..Likely mechanisms of breakthrough bleeding such as increased superficial vascular fragility and the possible alterations in endometrial vascular structure leading to this are discussed...
- Lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester induced abortion: diagnosis and conservative managementXinyan Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100730, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 116:695-8. 2003..To discuss the diagnosis of and conservative management for lower uterine segment pregnancy with placenta increta complicating first trimester abortion...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding and underlying hemostatic disorders: report of a consensus processMalcolm G Munro
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Fertil Steril 84:1335-7. 2005....
- Transvaginal ultrasonography and uterine artery Doppler in diagnosing endometrial pathologies and carcinoma in postmenopausal bleedingOsman H Develioglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Uludag University, Bursa, Eskisehir, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:175-80. 2003..3 mm for ET alone. Assessing uterine artery Doppler indices has no complementary role for measuring ET in evaluating PMB...
- Evidence of placental abruption as a chronic process: associations with vaginal bleeding early in pregnancy and placental lesionsCande V Ananth
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, NJ 08901 1977, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 128:15-21. 2006..Since enrolled pregnancies were managed without the biases created by modern perinatal surveillance and interventions, the natural history of disease in these data is ideal to study obstetrical complications such as placental abruption...
- Progesterone as a predictor of ectopic pregnancy when the ultrasound is indeterminateRobert Dart
Department of Emergency Medicine, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118 2393, USA
Am J Emerg Med 20:575-9. 2002..In the 2 subclasses, the progesterone cutpoint was both sensitive and specific in identifying abnormal pregnancy and was sensitive but only moderately specific for identifying ectopic pregnancy...
- Serum progesterone testing to predict ectopic pregnancy in symptomatic first-trimester patientsR G Buckley
Departments of Emergency Medicine, Clinical Investigations, Radiology, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 36:95-100. 2000..This study was conducted to prospectively measure the accuracy of serum progesterone levels to detect ectopic pregnancy...
- Relationship between progesterone receptor level in endometrium and bleeding pattern in depot medroxyprogesterone acetate usersPichai Chotnopparatpattara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 86:172-7. 2003..05). In conclusion, after a second dose of DMPA, subjects with amenorrhea had a higher stromal PR score than those with uterine bleeding...
- Abnormal uterine bleeding associated with hormonal contraceptionSarina Schrager
Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison 53715, USA
Am Fam Physician 65:2073-80. 2002....
- Pathophysiology of endometrial bleedingAlex Ferenczy
McGill University, Que, Montreal, Canada
Maturitas 45:1-14. 2003..To review the morphological and molecular events responsible for uterine bleeding in health and disease...
- Local levonorgestrel regulation of androgen receptor and 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 expression in human endometriumKevin A Burton
Centre for Reproductive Biology, Chancellor s Building, 49 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, UK
Hum Reprod 18:2610-7. 2003....
- US evaluation of the uterus in patients with postmenopausal bleeding: A positive effect on diagnostic decision makingR L Bree
Department of Radiology, DC069 10, University of Missouri Health Sciences Center, One Hospital Dr, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Radiology 216:260-4. 2000..To assess the accuracy of hysterosonography (HSG) and its role in diagnostic confidence and therapeutic clinical decision making among referring physicians caring for patients with postmenopausal bleeding (PMB)...
- Comparison of transvaginal ultrasound, saline infusion sonography and hysteroscopy to investigate postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRTS T Cameron
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, United Kingdom
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 41:291-4. 2001..These findings justify the need for a large randomised trial of TVS, SIS, hysteroscopy and endometrial sampling, in order to develop the most appropriate strategy for investigating postmenopausal bleeding and unscheduled bleeding on HRT...
- Hysterectomy in women with cervical stenosis. Surgical indications and pathologyChevies Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ochsner Clinic, Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
J Reprod Med 48:672-6. 2003..To evaluate indications for surgery and final pathology results in patients who underwent hysterectomy with a concurrent diagnosis of cervical stenosis...
- Abnormal uterine bleedingJanet R Albers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62702, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:1915-26. 2004..Menorrhagia is managed most effectively with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or the levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive device. Surgical management may include hysterectomy or less invasive, uterus-sparing procedures...
- [Accuracy of transvaginal sonography, sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in diagnosis of intrauterine pathology]Robert Bartkowiak
I Katedry i Kliniki Połoznictwa i Ginekologii AM w Warszawie
Ginekol Pol 74:203-9. 2003....
- Ultrasonographic evaluation of the endometrium in postmenopausal vaginal bleedingKatharine G Davidson
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, 6 JCP, Iowa City IA 52242, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 41:769-80. 2003..Further studies are still necessary to evaluate high-risk patients and determine whether ultrasound or biopsy is really the most cost-effective initial test...
- [Complications of operative hysteroscopy]A Agostini
Service de gynécologie obstétrique Secteur B, Hopital la Conception, 147 Bd Baille, 13005 Marseille
Presse Med 32:826-9. 2003..Assess the prevalence and severity of the various complications of operative hysteroscopy, the context in which they occur and the treatments proposed...
- Inadequate office endometrial sample requires further evaluation in women with postmenopausal bleeding and abnormal ultrasound resultsH C van Doorn
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, University of Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:100-4. 2007..To determine whether further histologic assessment can be omitted after office sampling produced a nondiagnostic specimen...
- Postmenopausal bleeding on hormone replacement therapy: review of the current referral guidelinesH Abouzeid
Heatherwood and Wexham Park NHS Trust, Berkshire, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:920-1. 2004..The guidelines are published on the following website: < http://www.doh.gov.uk/pub/docs/doh/guidelines.pdf >...
- Endometrial blood flow mapping using transvaginal power Doppler sonography in women with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometriumJ L Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, University of Navarra, School of Medicine, Pamplona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 21:583-8. 2003..To evaluate the role of transvaginal power Doppler sonography to discriminate between benign and malignant endometrial conditions in women presenting with postmenopausal bleeding and thickened endometrium at baseline sonography...
- Perioperative factors for predicting successful hysteroscopic endometrial ablationOfer Gemer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, 78306 Israel
J Reprod Med 48:677-80. 2003..To investigate factors affecting the success of hysteroscopic endometrial ablation in order to improve patient counseling...
- Role of hysteroscopy with endometrial biopsy to rule out endometrial cancer in postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleedingPietro Litta
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Maturitas 50:117-23. 2005..The secondary aim was to develop a multivariable approach considering clinical history as an added value for these diagnostic procedures...
- The value of outpatient hysteroscopy in diagnosing endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with and without hormone replacement therapyJackie Elliott
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheffield University, Sheffield, UK
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 82:1112-9. 2003..This study examined the endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women who had experienced abnormal uterine bleeding, both with and without hormone replacement therapy (HRT), and who subsequently underwent outpatient hysteroscopy...
- [Hysteroscopy in cases of abnormal uterine bleeding and abnormal ultrasonographic findings of uterine cavity-own experience]Mirosław Niewolin
Oddział Patologii Ciazy, Połoznictwa i Ginekologii Samodzielnego Publicznego Specjalistycznego Zakładu Opieki Zdrowotnej w Leborku
Ginekol Pol 75:281-7. 2004..In the paper authors present indications and results of using diagnostic and operative hysteroscopy in the clinical practise and compare histological result with introductory diagnosis of ultrasonography and hysteroscopy...
- Validity of pipelle endometrial sampling in patients with abnormal uterine bleedingShazia Fakhar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shifa College of Medicine, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ann Saudi Med 28:188-91. 2008..We compared endometrial sampling by pipelle endometrial curette with conventional dilatation and curettage (D&C) in patients with abnormal uterine bleeding...
- Childbirth and myoma treatment by uterine artery occlusion: do they share a common biology?Fred Burbank
Vascular Control System, Inc, San Juan Capistrano, California, USA
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:138-52. 2004..It is postulated that myomas are killed by the same process that kills trophoblasts - transient uterine ischemia...
- Correlation between transvaginal ultrasound measured endometrial thickness and histopathological findings in Afro-Caribbean Jamaican women with postmenopausal bleedingH Phillip
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Child Health, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica
J Obstet Gynaecol 24:568-72. 2004..However parity < 2 appeared not to have a significant effect...
- The role of hysteroscopy with eye-directed biopsy in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding and endometrial atrophyRaffaele Tinelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vito Fazzi Hospital, Lecce, Italy
Menopause 15:737-42. 2008..To determine the diagnostic accuracy of transvaginal ultrasonography (TVS) and hysteroscopy for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology in postmenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB)...
- Pipelle versus fractional curettage for the endometrial sampling in postmenopausal womenS Bunyavejchevin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 84:S326-30. 2001..False negative could occur in the focal disease of malignancy of the endometrium...
- [Hysteroscopic evaluation of the uterine cavity in postmenopausal women with uterine bleeding]Tomasz Wierzbowski
I Kliniki Ginekologii i Onkologii Ginekologicznej Instytutu Ginekologii i Połoznictwa Uniwersytetu Medycznego w łodzi
Ginekol Pol 74:892-6. 2003..Patient with uterine bleeding appeared at least 12 months after the last menstruation needs diagnostic management before initiation of any treatment...
- [Value of saline infusion sonohysterography and hysteroscopy in postmenopausal patient with persistent abnormal ultrasonographic images after endometrial curettage with normal histological results]Artur Ludwin
Katedry Ginekologii i Połoznictwa, Klinikii Ginekologii, Połoznictwa i Onkologii CMUJ w Krakowie
Ginekol Pol 74:786-92. 2003..Comparison of sonohysterography vs. outpatients diagnostic hysteroscopy in evaluation postmenopausal patient with persistent abnormal ultrasounds images after endometrial curettage revealed normal histological result...
- Transvaginal Doppler sonography: is there a role for this modality in the evaluation of women with postmenopausal bleeding?Sarikapan Wilailak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Maturitas 50:111-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine whether transvaginal sonography (TVS) and transvaginal Doppler sonography (TDS) can discriminate between normal and abnormal endometrium...
- Hormonal replacement therapy and evaluation of intrauterine pathology in postmenopausal women: a ten-year studyB Mossa
Department of Gynecological Sciences, Perinatology and Child Health II School of Medicine, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 24:507-12. 2003....
- Hysteroscopy in the diagnosis of postmenopausal bleedingBramara Guruwadayarhalli
Bradford Royal Infirmary, Bradford, UK
Menopause Int 13:132-4. 2007..Focal pathology can be removed during the hysteroscopy, thereby reducing hospital admissions and costs...
- Imaging the endometrium: disease and normal variantsK M Nalaboff
Department of Radiology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Dr, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Radiographics 21:1409-24. 2001..Accurate diagnosis requires that these factors be taken into account in addition to clinical history and physical examination findings...
- Management of abnormal uterine hemorrhage with atypical endometrial hyperplasia by transcervical resection of endometriumL Sui
Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Diagnostic and Treatment Center for Cervical Disease, Fudan University, 419 Fang Xie Road, Shanghai 200011, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1482-6. 2006..The thickness of endometrium was no more than 5 mm in all the cases. TCRE is one available microinvasive surgery alternative to hysterectomy for AEH patients contraindicated to hysterectomy...
- Cost analysis model: US versus endometrial biopsy in evaluation of peri- and postmenopausal abnormal vaginal bleedingJonathan R Medverd
Department of Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104 2499, USA
Radiology 222:619-27. 2002....
- One-stop clinic for postmenopausal bleedingJitendra K Panda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Poole General Hospital, Dorset, U K
J Reprod Med 47:761-6. 2002..To evaluate the role of one-stop clinic for early diagnosis and management of women with postmenopausal bleeding by means of transvaginal ultrasonography, outpatient hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy...
- [Diagnostic hysteroscopy after D&C in women with perimenopausal bleeding]Ryszard Bedner
Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii Operacyjnej Dorosłych i Dziewczat PAM w Szczecinie
Ginekol Pol 73:577-82. 2002..Comparative estimation of D&C and hysteroscopy as a method of receiving material to histological estimation in perimenopausal women...
- [Panoramic hysteroscopy in prophylaxis of precancerous lesions and endometrial carcinoma]R Bedner
Ginekol Pol 72:1423-8. 2001..2. Hysteroscopy does not seem to be a satisfactory tool for the differentiation between endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial carcinoma...
- Endometrial cells identified in cervical cytology in women > or = 40 years of age: criteria for appropriate endometrial evaluationHeather N Beal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL
Am J Obstet Gynecol 196:568.e1-5; discussion 568.e5-6. 2007..We determined the frequency of uterine pathology in asymptomatic women, > or = 40 years of age, positive for BECs on cervical cytology...
- [Endometrial hyperplasia: A review]J L Brun
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076 Bordeaux
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 35:542-50. 2006..Medical treatment may be offered to young women suffered from hyperplasias with cytological atypia and desiring pregnancy...
- Can radiological procedures replace histologic examination in the evaluation of abnormal vaginal bleeding?Carolyn D Runowicz
Obstet Gynecol 99:529-30. 2002
- Perioperative predictors of successful hysteroscopic endometrial ablationOfer Gemer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Barzilai Medical Center, Ashkelon, Israel
Gynecol Obstet Invest 63:205-8. 2007..To determine which perioperative factors influence the success of hysteroscopic endometrial ablation in patients with menorrhagia...
- [Clinical value of the measurement of blood flow in uterine arteries and endometrial vessels in women with postmenopausal bleeding using "power" angio Doppler technique]Monika Englert-Golon
Klinika Ginekologii Operacyjnej, AM im Karola Marcinkowskiego w Poznaniu
Ginekol Pol 77:759-63. 2006..The aim of the study was the measurement of blood flow in uterine arteries and endometrial vessels in women with postmenopausal bleeding using "power" angio Doppler technique..
- A randomized trial of danazol pretreatment prior to endometrial resectionAlka Kriplani
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 103:68-71. 2002..To assess the effect of danazol pretreatment in women undergoing endometrial resection for dysfunctional uterine bleeding...
- Novel treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an estradiol prodrugLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2012..e., the use of para-quinol of estrogen as a prodrug approach. The prodrug is converted to estrogen in brain but not uterus and breast, and as a result, it blunts hot flushes in an animal model of hot flush. ..
- ELECTROCATALYTIC STUDIES OF TOXIC POLLUTANT ACTIVATIONJames F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2013..These advanced methods hold great promise for improving public health by screening out potential toxicants from many sources. ..
- A protein array platform for anti-citrulline antibodies in Rheumatoid ArthritisJi Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, what we propose to develop can be applied to studies in understanding the biology of other post-translational modifications. ..
- microRNA regulatory function in Leiomyoma growthXiaoping Luo; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal will investigate how fibroids grow and ways to prevent their symptoms and growth. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISM OF LEIOMYOMA GROWTH AND REGRESSIONGREGORY SCOTT SCHULTZ; Fiscal Year: 2011..This proposal will investigate how fibroids are developed and grow, and ways to prevent them, including their symptoms. ..
- Photonic Crystal Surfaces for Label-Free Detection and Fluorescence AmplificationLILA OTT VODKIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..Analysis of soybean gene arrays was selected as an ideal testbed for the new sensor technology, as it will not require the safety and approval protocols for working with human DNA and human-derived test samples. ..
- Gonadotropins &Cox-2 in Ovarian Cancer PreventionXIANGXI MIKE XU; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Analysis of genome wide transcriptional control in yeastVishwanath R Iyer; Fiscal Year: 2013..Selected predicted regulatory relationships in the network will be verified by directed experiments. ..
- Center for Endometrial Biology and EndometriosisHugh S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2011..The Center also contains three Cores. An Administrative Core, a Cell and Tissue Core and Mouse Modeling Core will be used by each of the investigators and complete a comprehensive Center. ..
- Expression, hormonal regulation and function of microRNA in leiomyomaGREGORY SCOTT SCHULTZ; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will investigate how fibroids grow and ways to prevent their symptoms and growth. ..
- Progestin Effects on Uterine Hemostatis &AngiogenesisCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2011..Moreover, a model will be established to test innovative LTPOC formulations that minimize uterine and endometrial vasoconstriction and ROS-generation, thus preventing abnormal bleeding to improve the acceptability of LTPOC therapies. ..
- An integrated platform for blood collection, HIV viral RNA purification, and stabErwin Berthier; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additionall, a nucleic acid amplification / quantitation component will be developed, enabling complete sample-to-answer operation and further mitigating barriers to HIV viral load testing access. ..
- Comparative Risk of Endometrial Cancer from Ablation Versus Medical ManagementBRIAN LESLIE STROM; Fiscal Year: 2012..This will help women make informed decisions regarding their treatment options for abnormal menstrual bleeding, and help physicians make proper guidelines and recommendations for cancer monitoring and treatment. ..
- Barcode Alzheimer Biomarkers with Barcoded Magnetic BeadsWINSTON Z HO; Fiscal Year: 2012..In addition to the Alzheimer application, the AD-BMB technology has a wide variety of applications in the biomedical and bioscience research fields. ..
- ENDOMETRIAL VEGF: ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESISRobert Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1999..An understanding of the cellular expression of VEGF and the endocrine regulation of endometrial angiogenesis should provide new targets to improve the acceptability of these effective contraceptive devices. ..
- SURGICAL TREATMENTS OUTCOMES PROJECT FOR DUB (STOP-DUB)Kay Dickersin; Fiscal Year: 2000..Evaluation of costs for all patients may or may not be evaluable or within budget for this project, according to the research plan. ..
- STEM CELL FACTOR ACTION IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, the newly detected additional roles of SCF in maintaining stem cells, up-regulating neurotrophin receptors and promoting sensory neurogenesis suggest additional defects in human piebaldism that remain to be elucidated. ..
- Tracking Cancer Stem Cell EvolutionJohn Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Novel Anti-Obesity Drugs Targeting Fat Processing PathwayHenry Pelish; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this research is to discover new drugs to treat obesity by developing a high throughput phenotypic screen for the inhibition of fat processing in the intestine. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- Mifepristone for Prevention of Breakthrough BleedingJohn Jain; Fiscal Year: 2004..If Mifepristone is shown to safely decrease the incidence of breakthrough bleeding, more women may continue DMPA and not place themselves at risk of an unintended pregnancy. ..
- Suppression of Breakthrough Bleeding in LNG-IUS UsersOv Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposal brings basic scientists and clinicians together for a "bench to bedside" approach that will advance women's health and improve contraceptive technology. ..
- Purchase of a MALDI-TOF-TOF Mass SpectrometerGREGORY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MOUSE MINUTES: A GENETIC STUDY OF RIBOSOMAL PROTEINSThomas Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- DNA Nanoarrays Printed via Dip Pen NanolithographyNABIL AMRO; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, concurrent with ink development and patterning optimization, microfabricated parallel multipen arrays will be explored as a means for faster, simultaneous writing of multiple DNA inks. ..
- NEURONAL PLASTICITY AND THE CONTROL OF EYE POSITIONNEAL BARMACK; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use "differential display" to identify mRNAs in dorsal cap neurons whose proteins might be responsible for two functions: 1) Axonal transport of CRF , and 2) Calcium binding. ..
- MEDICINE OR SURGERY?(MS?)Stephen Hulley; Fiscal Year: 2000..For those patients scheduled to undergo abdominal hysterectomy, a second level of randomization will take place to have either a supracervical or a total hysterectomy. Patients will be followed for two years. ..
- MODELING DIAMOND-BLACKFAN ANEMIAThomas Glaser; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Acquiring robotic support for mass spectrometry coreCRAIG MALBON; Fiscal Year: 2003..The institution has provided resources to enable the acquisition of two new mass spectrometers and this proposal builds on the investment. ..
- MALDI-TOF MASS SPECTROMETERDavid Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The acquisition of the requested PRC-dedicated MALDI-TOF instrument with automated data acquision and bioinformatics will allow the PRC to meet the increasing demand for protein identification services from its user base at Vanderbilt. ..
- Tandem TIme-of-Flight Mass Spectromer for ProteomicsKERMIT MURRAY; Fiscal Year: 2009..The instrument will be operated by skilled technicians, overseen by broadly represented committee and available for use by the entire LSU scientific community. ..
- WIH/Brown Epidemiology/Clinical Trials Training ProgramLori Boardman; Fiscal Year: 2006..This multidisciplinary program will provide a new cadre of ob/gyn investigators who will further the scientific database in reproductive health. ..
- VIROLOGY AND GENETICS OF CANCERHilary Koprowski; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Staging Reproductive Aging in Four Cohorts: Issues of Hormone Use Spotting BiasSioban Harlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results will facilitate clinical decision making for women and providers relevant to contraception, symptomatic treatment and preventive therapy. ..
- Surgical Treatments Outcome Project for DUB FollowupKay Dickersin; Fiscal Year: 2003..Hospital bills will continue to be requested and abstracted every 6 months. Our efforts in all years will focus on patient follow-up, data processing and analysis, and publication. ..
- Self-Assembling Protein MicrochipsANDREW OLEINIKOV; Fiscal Year: 2002..These chips can be used for diagnostic analysis, drug-lead screening, and functional genomics studies including protein-protein and protein-target interactions, catalytic and inhibitory activity. ..
- Development of SPR/MS protein array platformDobrin Nedelkov; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Development of SPR/MS protein array platformDobrin Nedelkov; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- A General Model of Saccadic Selectivity in Visual SearchMarc Pomplun; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, the results of the study can directly be applied to improve current human-computer interfaces for computer-assisted surgery and x-ray image analysis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TREATMENT OF ENDOMETRIAL HYPERPLASIAGlenn Hoke; Fiscal Year: 1993..We will inhibit the function of the estrogen receptor locally within the uterus but in no other tissues...
- CREATING A DNA MICROARRAY AND CDNA SPOTTING FACILITYDafna Bar Sagi; Fiscal Year: 2001..The Core Advisory Board will be created (chaired by the applicant) and populated by users to provide oversight and to manage issues of technical operation, access, and upgrade of the facility in the future, as needed. ..
- Integrated Proteom Works SystemBryan Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- YOUNG CHILDREN'S PERCEPTION OF SELF-MOVEMENT AND ACTIONJOHN RIESER; Fiscal Year: 1991..The organismic variables include variations in walking experience induced through the random assignment of children to groups using mechanical walkers and not using them in their homes...
- New in-Situ Method for On-chip DNA Oligomer SynthesisROBERT HAUSHALTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Functional Proteomics of Breast CancerJoshua Labaer; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will demonstrate the effectiveness of this approach by executing a 1000 x 1000 interaction matrix with the BC1000. ..
- Functional Proteomics of Breast CancerJoshua Labaer; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will demonstrate the effectiveness of this approach by executing a 1000 x 1000 interaction matrix with the BC1000. ..
- HIGH-DENSITY DIGITAL MICROSPOTTING ARRAYSSrivatsa Venkatasubbarao; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Acquisition of a Robotic Liquid HandlerGregory Buck; Fiscal Year: 2003..We have examined Robot Liquid Handlers from multiple companies (Packard, Tecan, Beckman, Qiagen, etc.), and have opted to acquire the Beckman Biomek FX Robotic Liquid Handling Workstation. ..
- A Minimally Invasive Device for Endometrial ImagingANANTH NATARAJAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is our long term goal to produce a simple device to investigate patients with abnormal bleeding in the office setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Profiling of Alternate mRNA Splicing in CancerSubha Srinivasan; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- STEEL GENE PRODUCT AND STEM CELL PROLIFERATIONDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Tools and Technology to Measure Menopausal SymptomatologyJohn Webster; Fiscal Year: 2006..Each of these devices will be tested in women with appropriate symptoms. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Region Based Functional Annotation of the Mouse GenomeTIMOTHY OBRIEN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Together, these approaches will enrich the mouse mutant resource and provide new insights relating biological function with chromosome content and organization. ..
- FUNCTIONAL REHABILITATION SYSTEM FOR MOBILITY AND SAFETYSTEPHEN HEINRICHS; Fiscal Year: 1999..The market for this product includes Hospitals, Rehabilitation Facilities, Retirement Homes, Home Health Care, Veterans Administration, and others. ..
- FLP-MEDIATED CELL LINEAGE ANALYSIS IN THE EMBRYOSusan Dymecki; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mechanisms of pathogenesis associated with Splotch (Pax-3), lethal spotting (Is), and W (c-kit) phenotypes will give insight into the pathogenesis of parallel human syndromes (e.g. Waardenburg Syndrome and Hirschsprung's disease). ..
- Integrated Instrumentation for ProteomicsHelen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Multiplexed Reactive Sequencing of DNAPeter Williams; Fiscal Year: 2007..As read length is increased, the technology will be applied to de novo sequencing by spotting cloned templates annealed to a universal primer corresponding to the vector sequence. ..
- Real-Time Personal Monitor for the Drycleaning IndustryJOHN FAULL; Fiscal Year: 2005..There are currently 56,536 commercial drycleaners in the U.S. and 433,926 workers in this industry that could benefit from the development of a low-cost personal monitor that provides modern control of PERC exposures in the workplace. ..
- CUSTOM HIGH-DENSITY, HIGH-SELECTIVITY DNA ARRAYSALEXANDER SHENDEROV; Fiscal Year: 2000..The ability to rapidly and affordably synthesize high-density DNA arrays in-house, offered to users by Nanolytics, will lead to market expansion. ..
- Cancer Vertical ArraysJohn Welsh; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are hundreds of potential biomarkers, but further validation is needed before they can be exploited. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Rapid Assay for the l1307K Mutation of the APC GeneJAMES STORHOFF; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of this technology will ultimately fill the void of a cost effective and reliable SNP detection platform that is both rapid and simple. ..
- Highly Parallel AIDS Assays Using A Microfluidic Flow Cell Array Integrated withBruce Gale; Fiscal Year: 2009..On a greater scale, this will lead to improved diagnostic tools and reductions in the cost and time of drug development, by significantly improving the throughput of label free screening. ..
- PHOTODYNAMIC TREATMENT OF BENIGN UTERINE DISEASEBruce Tromberg; Fiscal Year: 2000....