Summary: Diseases of the uterine appendages (ADNEXA UTERI) including diseases involving the OVARY, the FALLOPIAN TUBES, and ligaments of the uterus (BROAD LIGAMENT; ROUND LIGAMENT).
Publications174 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for the treatment of benign adnexal diseases: a pilot studyAnna Fagotti
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, L go A Gemelli, 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 25:1215-21. 2011This study aimed to validate the feasibility, efficacy, and safeness of laparoscopic treatment for benign adnexal diseases through a single transumbilical access in a prospective series of patients.
- Laparoscopic management of adnexal masses: a gold standard?Michel Canis
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, CHU Polyclinique, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63033 Clermont Ferrand, France
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 14:423-8. 2002..To review recent literature on the laparoscopic management of adnexal masses, when this approach may be considered as a gold standard...
- Ultrasound characteristics of different types of adnexal malignanciesLil Valentin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Gynecol Oncol 102:41-8. 2006..e., borderline ovarian tumors, primary invasive ovarian epithelial cancer stage 1, primary invasive ovarian epithelial cancer stages 2-4, rare types of malignancy, and metastatic tumors...
- Risk scoring for adnexal masses and endoscopic managementA Daponte
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Thessalia University Hospital of Larissa, Larissa, Greece
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 96:42-3. 2007
- Laparoscopic removal of adnexal cysts: is it possible to decrease inadvertent intraoperative rupture rate?Noam Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, affiliated with the Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:237.e1-3. 2009..The objective of the study was to characterize surgical risks for intraoperative rupture of benign adnexal lesions during laparoscopy...
- The risk of malignancy index in discrimination of adnexal massesS Ulusoy
Gynecological Oncology Clinic, Istanbul Bakirkoy Women and Children Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 96:186-91. 2007..To assess the ability of the risk of malignancy index (RMI) based on a serum CA125 level, ultrasound findings and menopausal status, to discriminate benign from malignant adnexal masses...
- Robotic adnexectomy compared with laparoscopy for adnexal massJavier F Magrina
Department of Gynecology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 5777 East Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, AZ 85054, USA
Obstet Gynecol 114:581-4. 2009..To evaluate whether the application of robotic technology in the performance of adnexectomy resulted in benefits for the patient when compared with patients operated by laparoscopy...
- Predicting risk of malignancy in adnexal massesJohn M McDonald
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center Markey Cancer Center, Lexington, Kentucky 40536, USA
Obstet Gynecol 115:687-94. 2010..To estimate the accuracy of preoperative ultrasonography, serum CA 125, and patient demographics as a means of predicting risk of malignancy in women with a ultrasonographically confirmed adnexal mass...
- Ovarian cancer prediction in adnexal masses using ultrasound-based logistic regression models: a temporal and external validation study by the IOTA groupD Timmerman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:226-34. 2010....
- Distinguishing the benign and malignant adnexal mass: an external validation of prognostic modelsB W Mol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, 3584 CX, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 80:162-7. 2001..Because external validation of the present models has not been reported, the purpose of the present study was to assess existing diagnostic models that are used to distinguish malignant from benign masses...
- External validation of mathematical models to distinguish between benign and malignant adnexal tumors: a multicenter study by the International Ovarian Tumor Analysis GroupCaroline Van Holsbeke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals KU Leuven, Belgium
Clin Cancer Res 13:4440-7. 2007..However, few of them have been externally validated in new populations. Our aim was to compare their performance on a prospectively collected large multicenter data set...
- Logistic regression model to distinguish between the benign and malignant adnexal mass before surgery: a multicenter study by the International Ovarian Tumor Analysis GroupDirk Timmerman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Clin Oncol 23:8794-801. 2005..To collect data for the development of a more universally useful logistic regression model to distinguish between a malignant and benign adnexal tumor before surgery...
- Simple ultrasound-based rules for the diagnosis of ovarian cancerD Timmerman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:681-90. 2008..To derive simple and clinically useful ultrasound-based rules for discriminating between benign and malignant adnexal masses...
- Predictors of clinical outcomes in the laparoscopic management of adnexal massesLaura J Havrilesky
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:243-51. 2003..Laparoscopy has become an accepted approach in the management of adnexal masses. We evaluated clinical outcomes of laparoscopic management of adnexal masses thought to be benign preoperatively...
- Discrimination between benign and malignant adnexal masses by specialist ultrasound examination versus serum CA-125Ben Van Calster
Department of Electrical Engineering, ESAT SISTA, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1706-14. 2007..e., ovarian, paraovarian, or tubal) masses. We compared the diagnostic performance of these methods in a large multicenter study...
- Which extrauterine pelvic masses are difficult to correctly classify as benign or malignant on the basis of ultrasound findings and is there a way of making a correct diagnosis?L Valentin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 27:438-44. 2006....
- Uterine adnexal torsion: pathologic and gray-scale ultrasonographic findingsM Varras
Department of Gynaecology, George Gennimatas General State Hospital, Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:34-8. 2004..The purpose of the study was to determine the spectrum of the histologic and gray-scale sonographic pictures in a series of surgically proven cases of uterine adnexal torsion...
- Health technology assessment of surgical therapies for benign gynaecological diseaseRichard Owusu-Ansah
Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 20:841-79. 2006..There appears to be no significant advantage in performing a subtotal hysterectomy instead of the total removal of the uterine corpus and cervix...
- [Repeated torsion of the normal adnexa in a premenarchal girl]Zofia Pankrac
Klinika Połoinictwa Akademii Medycznej, Gdańsku
Ginekol Pol 75:956-8. 2004..After half of a year observation the girl reported no complaints and no abnormalities in physical examinations were found. Oophoroplexy in the cases of repeated normal adnexal torsion is a very useful method of prevention of recurrence...
- Adnexal masses in infancy and childhoodKris Ann P Schultz
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology Blood and Marrow Transplantation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:464-79. 2006..Assessment of the patient's developmental, hormonal, and pubertal status is necessary to ensure an accurate diagnosis. Treatment options must consider risks to ovarian function and future fertility...
- Adnexal torsion after laparoscopic hysterectomy: description of seven casesRoy Mashiach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Lis Medical Center, and the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 11:336-9. 2004..To discover the prevalence of adnexal torsion after laparoscopic hysterectomy...
- Simultaneous bilateral torsion and entanglement of the adnexaMaya Frank
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
JSLS 10:520-1. 2006..The final diagnosis was established by diagnostic laparoscopy, and aspiration of one of the ovarian cysts was required to disentangle the adnexas...
- Metastatic female adnexal tumour of probable Wolffian origin. A histocytopathological correlationD Tamiolakis
Cytopathology 18:264-6. 2007
- Adnexal torsion in very young girls: diagnostic pitfallsMarieke Emonts
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Groene Hart Hospital, Post Box 1098, 2800 BB Gouda, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 116:207-10. 2004..Evaluation of cases of young girls diagnosed with adnexal torsion...
- Laparoscopy compared with laparoscopically guided minilaparotomy for large adnexal masses: a randomized controlled trialPierluigi Benedetti Panici
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, La Sapienza University, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00155 Rome, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 110:241-8. 2007..To address the efficacy in terms of intraperitoneal spillage of laparoscopically guided minilaparotomy compared with operative laparoscopy for large adnexal cysts...
- [Ovarian tumors in pregnancy--proposals of diagnosis and treatment]Marek Nowak
Klinika Chirurgii Ginekologicznej Instytutu Centrum Zdrowia Matki Polki w Łodzi
Ginekol Pol 75:242-9. 2004..The possibility of malignancy and its therapeutic implications (hysterectomy, salpingo-oophorectomy, delay to delivery) must be discussed with the patient and her family (the lives of two human beings together are affected)...
- Diagnosis of adnexal torsion in the third trimester of pregnancy: a case reportC Born
Institute for Clinical Radiology, University Munich, Ziemssenstrasse 1, 80336 Munich, Germany
Abdom Imaging 29:123-7. 2004..Our case report indicates that the combination of magnetic resonance imaging and Doppler sonography fulfills these requirements and allows for accurate and fast diagnosis of adnexal torsion...
- Impact of surgeon specialty on ovarian-conserving surgery in young females with an adnexal massRobert E Bristow
The Kelly Gynecologic Oncology Service, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Adolesc Health 39:411-6. 2006....
- Power Doppler vascularity index for predicting malignancy of adnexal massesH Marret
Department of Gynaecology, Obstetrics, Fetal Medicine and Human Reproduction, Tours, France
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:508-13. 2005..To assess the performance of a power Doppler vascularity index in the preoperative diagnosis of ovarian malignancy...
- Adnexal torsionGabriel Oelsner
Ma aynei Hayeshua Hospital, Bnei Brak, Israel
Clin Obstet Gynecol 49:459-63. 2006..Adnexectomy should be avoided as ovarian function is preserved in 88% to 100% of cases. Awareness and suspicion of the diagnosis of AT is needed in patients who present with lower abdominal pain...
- [Diagnosis of adnexal torsion and predictive factors of adnexal necrosis]C Mazouni
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, hôpital La Conception APHM, 147, boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 33:102-6. 2005..To determine the most relevant findings for diagnosis of adnexal torsion and predictive factors of adnexal necrosis...
- Minilaparotomy versus laparoscopy in the treatment of benign adnexal cysts: a randomized clinical studyPierluigi Benedetti Panici
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universita La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 133:218-22. 2007..To determine advantages and disadvantages of minilaparotomy and laparoscopy in managing patients affected by benign adnexal masses...
- Management of adnexal cystic masses with unexpected intracystic vegetations detected during laparoscopyRiccardo Marana
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Italy
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:502-7. 2005..To evaluate a prospective series of consecutive patients with unexpected intracystic vegetations detected during operative laparoscopy for adnexal masses...
- Adnexal mass surgery and anesthesia during pregnancy: a 10-year retrospective reviewJ Y Hong
Department of Anesthesiology, Cheil General Hospital and Women s Health Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Int J Obstet Anesth 15:212-6. 2006..The objective of this retrospective review was to compare the adverse pregnancy outcome in patients undergoing laparoscopy and laparotomy with inhalational or regional anesthesia for adnexal mass in pregnancy...
- Successful pregnancy complicated by early and late adnexal torsion after in vitro fertilizationBeth W Rackow
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
Fertil Steril 87:697.e9-12. 2007..To report a case of unilateral adnexal torsion and subsequent contralateral adnexal torsion after in vitro fertilization...
- [Present occurrence of benign teratoma of ovary and fallopian tube in a patient with adnexal torsion]L Hašlík
Department of Obsterics and Gynecology, 1st Faculty of Medicine and General Teaching Hospital, Charles University, Prague
Ceska Gynekol 71:342-4. 2006..The authors demonstrate the case of left adnexal torsion caused by 2 benign teratomas in its ovarian and tubal location...
- Laparoscopic management of mature cystic teratoma of bilateral ovaries with adnexal torsion occurring in a 9-year-old premenarchal girlAkihiro Takeda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, Tajimi, Gifu, Japan
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:403-6. 2006..Laparoscopic surgery is a minimal-access procedure with many advantages. However, reports of young girls with adnexal disease treated by laparoscopic surgery are limited in the literature...
- The impact of size of the adnexal mass on the accuracy of frozen section diagnosisPeggy M A J Geomini
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maxima Medical Centre, Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 99:362-6. 2005..The aim of the present study was to examine whether the accuracy of frozen section diagnosis is affected by the size of the adnexal masses...
- A case of a mature cystic teratoma of the uterosacral ligament successfully treated by laparoscopic surgeryAkihiro Takeda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, Tajimi, Gifu, Japan
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 12:34-6. 2005..This is the first report in the literature of successful laparoscopic treatment for a mature cystic teratoma of the uterosacral ligament...
- Uteroovarian ligament torsion of the due to a paratubal cystJennifer E Dietrich
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 18:125-7. 2005..We present a case and discussion of torsion of the uteroovarian ligament secondary to a large paratubal cyst with preservation of the ovary and fallopian tube...
- Adnexal torsion: experience at a single university centerTony Ogburn
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131 0001, USA
J Reprod Med 50:591-4. 2005..To review the management of adnexal torsion over an 11-year period at a single institution and to assess trends in the surgical approach, including laparoscopy vs. laparotomy, and ovarian conservation vs. removal...
- Hydrosalpinx with adnexal torsion in an adolescent virgin patient--A diagnostic dilemma: case report and review of the literatureM Pinkert
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 19:297-9. 2006..In conclusion, hydrosalpinx, although very rare in adolescence, must be considered in the differential diagnosis. Aspiration in such cases is not the treatment of choice and moreover, it may cause complications...
- The risk of malignancy in post-menopausal women presenting with adnexal torsionRam Eitan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, PO Box 3235, Jerusalem, Israel 91031, Israel
Gynecol Oncol 106:211-4. 2007..The risk of malignancy in cases of torsion in menopausal patients is not known. We set out to describe our experience with adnexal torsion in post-menopausal women and to discuss issues related to management in this situation...
- Value of preoperative ultrasound examination in the selection of women with adnexal masses for laparoscopic surgeryJ Yazbek
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecology Assessment Unit, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 30:883-8. 2007..To assess the value of preoperative ultrasound examination in predicting the feasibility of intermediate-level laparoscopic surgery for benign adnexal masses...
- Hemorrhagic corpus luteum cyst torsion in term pregnancy: a case reportPao Hui Huang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 19:75-8. 2003..Preoperative diagnosis of adnexal torsion during term pregnancy is very difficult, although it is always identified during surgery...
- Radioimmunoscintigraphy with Tc-99m-labelled SM3 in differentiating malignant from benign adnexal massesN Ali
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Bart s and The London, Queen Mary School of Medicine and Dentistry, London University, UK
BJOG 110:508-14. 2003....
- Pelvic pain, adnexal masses, and ultrasoundJames M Shwayder
University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, Kentucky 40202, USA
Semin Reprod Med 26:252-65. 2008..This section reviews the application of 2-D morphology, Doppler analysis, 3-D morphology, rendering and vascular assessment, and the use of contrast agents in the ultrasound evaluation of patients with adnexal masses and pelvic pain...
- Characterization of adnexal masses using feature analysis at contrast-enhanced helical computed tomographyJingbo Zhang
Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:533-40. 2008..To determine the computed tomographic imaging features predictive of adnexal malignancy and evaluate the accuracy of contrast-enhanced helical computed tomography (CT) in the characterization of adnexal masses...
- Adnexal torsion during pregnancy -- management and literature overviewD Haenggi
Frauenklinik, Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Switzerland
Gynakol Geburtshilfliche Rundsch 43:39-42. 2003..We discuss the diagnosis and treatment of adnexal torsion in pregnancy and compare laparoscopic management with laparotomy. By reviewing the literature, we evaluate the conservative therapy by detorsion employing Doppler sonography...
- Complex pelvic mass as a target of evaluation of vessel distribution by color Doppler sonography for the diagnosis of adnexal malignancies: results of a multicenter European studyStefano Guerriero
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 21:1105-11. 2002..To compare the diagnostic accuracy of gray scale sonography and color Doppler imaging in the differential diagnosis of adnexal malignancies from benign complex pelvic masses in a multicenter prospective study...
- Conversion of laparoscopy to laparotomy due to adnexal malignancyG Biran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Edith Wolfson Medical Center, Holon, Israel
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 23:157-60. 2002....
- Ovarian bivalving after detorsionAaron K Styer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Fertil Steril 77:1053-5. 2002..To assess the efficacy of a new technique, ovarian bivalving, on facilitating adnexal recovery after adnexal torsion...
- Practical approach to the adnexal massMaitray D Patel
Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Radiol Clin North Am 44:879-99. 2006..Mastery of the diagnostic strategies to use when an adnexal mass is identified and the sonographic patterns of various types of adnexal pathology contributes greatly to the proper and cost-effective care of a woman with an adnexal mass...
- CT and MR imaging features of adnexal torsionSung E Rha
Department of Radiology, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
Radiographics 22:283-94. 2002..Early diagnosis can help prevent irreversible structural damage and may allow conservative, ovary-sparing treatment...
- [Difficulties in differential diagnosis of adnexal masses during pregnancy: the role of greyscale and color doppler sonography]A Czekierdowski
I Katedry i Kliniki Ginekologii Operacyjnej AM w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 72:1281-6. 2001..6% (25 of 27). We conclude that although prenatal sonography has the potential to correctly classify most of adnexal masses, caution in risk assessment is needed especially when persistent solid tumor is found...
- Assessment of a new logistic model in the preoperative evaluation of adnexal massesJ L Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
J Ultrasound Med 20:841-8. 2001..To assess a new logistic regression model developed to predict malignancy in adnexal masses...
- Laparoscopic management of adnexal masses in pregnancy: a case seriesPatrice Mathevet
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pavillon L, Hopital E Herriot, Place d Arsonval, 69437 Cedex O3, Lyon, France
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 108:217-22. 2003..To determine the feasibility, safety, limiting factors, and advantages of laparoscopic management of adnexal masses in pregnancy...
- Acoustic streaming: a new technique for assessing adnexal cystsA Edwards
Ultrasound Department, Monash Medical Centre, Southern Health, Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 22:74-8. 2003..To determine whether acoustic streaming has clinical value in the differentiation between various ovarian and adnexal cysts...
- Ovarian torsion: to pex or not to pex? Case report and review of the literatureNaomi S Crouch
Department of Gynaecology, Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital, University College London Hospital, Huntley Street, London, UK
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 16:381-4. 2003..We consider the role of elective ovariopexy of the contralateral ovary in the case of adnexal torsion...
- Laparoscopy versus laparotomy for detorsion and sparing of twisted ischemic adnexaShlomo B Cohen
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine, Polyclinique de l Hotel Dieu, Clermont Ferrand Cedex 1, France
JSLS 7:295-9. 2003..We studied the outcome of women undergoing minimal surgery for ischemic ovaries versus the extended procedure including cystectomy in respect of ovarian function and fertility performance...
- [Concentration of TNF-alpha in the postoperative period in patients with benign adnexal tumors treated by laparoscopy or laparotomy]Anna Torres
Katedra i Klinika Ginekologii Akademii Medycznej w Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 78:764-7. 2007..The aim of the study was to compare serum concentrations of the TNF-alpha (TNF-alpha) in the early postoperative period in patients with benign adnexal masses operated by laparoscopy or laparotomy...
- [Adnexal torsion: a report of 135 cases]S Bouguizane
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hôpital Farhat Hached, Sousse, Tunisie
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:535-40. 2003..To evaluate the clinical findings and therapeutic options following adnexal torsion...
- [Management of adnexal torsion]Khaled Neji
Centre de Maternité et de néonatalogie de Tunis, Service B, Tunisie
Tunis Med 81:415-8. 2003..Laparoscopy authorizes diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of this situation. It must usually be done in young woman who declare acute pelvic pain...
- Intraobserver and interobserver reproducibility of 3-dimensional power Doppler vascular indices in assessment of solid and cystic-solid adnexal massesJuan Luis Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universitaria de Navarra, Avenida Pio XII 36, 31008, Pamplona, Spain
J Ultrasound Med 27:1-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to assess the intraobserver and interobserver reproducibility of 3-dimensional (3D) power Doppler angiography-derived vascular indices in evaluation of vascularized solid and cystic-solid adnexal masses...
- The value of detection of normal ovarian tissue (the 'ovarian crescent sign') in the differential diagnosis of adnexal massesK Hillaby
Early Pregnancy and Gynaecology Assessment Unit, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 23:63-7. 2004..The aim of the study was to evaluate whether the presence of normal ovarian tissue adjacent to an adnexal tumor (the 'ovarian crescent sign') could assist in the preoperative differential diagnosis of adnexal lesions...
- Torsion of normal adnexa in postmenarcheal women: can ultrasound indicate an ischemic process?N Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:338-41. 2008..Torsion of normal adnexa is a rare event involving steadily increasing congestion and ischemia of the ovary. We investigated whether this process can be characterized by sonographic features...
- Operative laparoscopy in pregnancyJames F Carter
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
JSLS 8:57-60. 2004..We compared the surgical outcomes of pregnant women undergoing laparotomy in the first 2 trimesters of pregnancy with those undergoing laparoscopy for the management of acute pelvic pain...
- Unusual presentations in obstetrics and gynecologyLinda L Lawrence
Department of Military and Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 21:649-65. 2003..Many of the unusual conditions and complications of gynecologic diseases or procedures discussed in this article can be diagnosed with a careful and complete gynecologic history and examination...
- MRI of adnexal masses in pregnancyNicholas A Telischak
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0628, Rm M 372, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:364-70. 2008..The objective of this article is to provide a practical review of the incremental benefit of MRI in the assessment of adnexal masses in pregnancy...
- A critical reappraisal of off-label indications for topical photodynamic therapy with aminolevulinic acid and methylaminolevulinatePiergiacomo Calzavara-Pinton
Department of Dermatology, University of Brescia, Piazzale Spedale Civile, I 25123 Brescia, Italy
Rev Recent Clin Trials 5:112-6. 2010..bacterial, fungal, protozoal) disorders, epidermal and dermal inflammatory diseases, tumors of lymphocytes, adnexal diseases and premature skin aging due to sun exposure...
- Emergency MRI of acute pelvic pain: MR protocol with no oral contrastAjay K Singh
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Emerg Radiol 16:133-41. 2009..MR imaging is an efficacious means of diagnosing acute appendicitis, ovarian torsions, and other adnexal diseases in the acute setting...
- Fitz-Hugh-Curtis Syndrome: single centre experiencesD G Hong
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology
J Obstet Gynaecol 30:277-80. 2010..were during laparoscopic procedure for endometriosis, 16 for gynaecological malignant tumours, 16 for benign adnexal diseases excluding endometriosis, 13 for uterine leiomyoma, 7 for pelvic inflammatory disease, 2 had peritoneal ..
- Laparoendoscopic single-site surgery for the treatment of benign adnexal disease: a prospective trialAnna Fagotti
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, 00168 Rome, Italy
Diagn Ther Endosc 2010:108258. 2010Background. To validate feasibility, efficacy, and safeness of laparoscopic treatment of benign adnexal diseases through a single transumbilical access (LESS) in a prospective series of patients. Methods...
- Expectant management of adnexal masses in selected premenopausal women: a prospective observational studyJ L Alcazar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinica Universidad de Navarra, University of Navarra, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 41:582-8. 2013..To evaluate the results of expectant management of ovarian cysts with benign ultrasound morphology in selected asymptomatic premenopausal women...
- Robotic assisted surgery in pediatric gynecology: promising innovation in mini invasive surgical proceduresGhassan Nakib
Department of Pediatric Surgery, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo Foundation and University of Pavia, Italy
J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 26:e5-7. 2013..Robotic assisted surgery is not yet widely applied in the pediatric field. We report our initial experience regarding the feasibility, safety, benefits, and limitations of robot-assisted surgery in pediatric gynecological patients...
- Clinicopathological characteristics of adnexal lesions diagnosed during pregnancy or cesarean sectionA Kondi-Pafiti
Pathology Laboratory, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 39:458-61. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine the diagnostic approach, management strategy and the pathological findings in cases of adnexal lesions that were diagnosed and treated during pregnancy in our department...
- Robotic resection of adnexal masses during pregnancyKacey Y Eichelberger
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Am J Perinatol 30:371-5. 2013..To characterize the safety and feasibility of robotic adnexal surgery during pregnancy, and to compare surgical and obstetric outcomes for robotic versus laparoscopic treatment of adnexal masses during pregnancy...
- Management and outcomes of adnexal torsion: a 5-year experienceOsman Balci
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meram Medicine Faculty, Selcuk University, Meram 42080, Konya, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 284:643-6. 2011..To discuss the surgical results of patients with diagnosis of adnexal torsion...
- Gynecological pelvic infection: what is the role of imaging?I Thomassin-Naggara
Department of Medical Imaging, Hopital Tenon, hôpitaux universitaires Paris Est, Assistance Publique des Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 4, rue de la Chine, 75020 Paris, France
Diagn Interv Imaging 93:491-9. 2012..The signs and symptoms on the pelvic ultrasound, CT scan, and MRI suggest the correct diagnosis...
- A mathematical model for interpretable clinical decision support with applications in gynecologyVanya M C A Van Belle
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e34312. 2012..The resulting models can be used to guide clinicians when deciding upon the appropriate treatment, estimating patient-specific risks and to improve communication with patients...
- Rare metastases of pancreatic tail carcinoma in female genital organsM Zamurovic
University Clinic for Obstetrics and Gynecology Narodni Front, Belgrade, Serbia
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 33:116-7. 2012....
- Effectiveness of semi-quantitative multiphase dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI as a predictor of malignancy in complex adnexal masses: radiological and pathological correlationLivia Bernardin
Policlinico GB Rossi, P le L A Scuro, 37134, Verona, Italy
Eur Radiol 22:880-90. 2012..To determine whether threshold criteria using semi-quantitative multiphase-dynamic contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE- MRI) can improve prediction of malignancy in complex adnexal masses...
- The molecular diagnosis of pelvic tuberculosis: a case reportAlvaro A Faccini-Martínez
Universidad Militar Nueva Granda, Bogota, Colombia
Rev Salud Publica (Bogota) 14:350-5. 2012....
- Pelvic congestion/chronic pain dynamicsOmur Taskin
Hum Reprod 17:1127. 2002
- Asymptomatic adnexal masses: correlation of FDG PET and histopathologic findingsSabine Fenchel
Department of Nuclear Medicine, University of Ulm, Steinhovelstrasse 9, 89075 Ulm, Germany
Radiology 223:780-8. 2002....
- Prospective external validation of the 'ovarian crescent sign' as a single ultrasound parameter to distinguish between benign and malignant adnexal pathologyC Van Holsbeke
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospitals Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 36:81-7. 2010....
- Adnexal masses in pregnancyNadav Schwartz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 52:570-85. 2009..In addition, a malignancy can be present in a small minority of cases. In this article, we review the available literature on this subject to help guide the clinician in the diagnosis and management of adnexal masses in pregnancy...
- Kinetics of a US contrast agent in benign and malignant adnexal tumorsMaija Riitta Orden
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kuopio University Hospital, Puijonlaaksontie 2, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
Radiology 226:405-10. 2003..To evaluate the effects of a microbubble contrast agent on the power Doppler ultrasonographic (US) examination of adnexal tumors, with a special focus on the timing of the transit of the microbubble bolus...
- Ultrasound and assessment of ovarian cancer riskDiane M Twickler
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 8896, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 194:322-9. 2010..The purpose of this article is to review the ultrasound characteristics of ovarian and adnexal masses and to discuss the prediction of the likelihood of ovarian cancer based on these characteristics and clinical parameters...
- Intravenous contrast ultrasound examination using contrast-tuned imaging (CnTI) and the contrast medium SonoVue for discrimination between benign and malignant adnexal masses with solid componentsA C Testa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of Rome, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 34:699-710. 2009..To determine whether intravenous contrast ultrasound examination is superior to gray-scale or power Doppler ultrasound for discrimination between benign and malignant adnexal masses with complex ultrasound morphology...
- Laparoscopic radical excision of primary round ligament perivascular epithelioid cell tumor mimicking leiomyomaChailert Phongnarisorn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 16:626-9. 2009..According to this report, primary PEComa of the round ligament can mimic leiomyoma. Laparoscopic radical excision might be a feasible and safe alternative treatment of this tumor with a favorable outcome...
- Patient with pelvic pains: retroperitoneal fibrosis or pelvic endometriosis? A case report and review of literatureAntonio Pezzuto
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Neonatology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Fertil Steril 92:1497.e9-12. 2009..To describe how a hydronephrosis can lead to a difficult differential diagnosis between endometriosis and retroperitoneal fibrosis...
- Mucocele of the appendix mimicking an adnexal mass: a case reportD Vavilis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 36:135-6. 2009..This pathological condition should be considered by all the gynaecologists in the differential diagnosis of a right-sided pelvic mass...
- Extracutaneous seborrheic inclusion cyst: an unusual presentationT Pusiol
Institute of Anatomic Pathology, S Maria del Carmine Hospital, Rovereto TN, Italy
Pathologica 102:420-2. 2010..Histological examination confirmed computed tomography findings. The present report described a lesion typically found in dermatopathology practice, but which had arisen in an extracutaneous site...
- Prolonged use of intrauterine contraceptive device as a risk factor for tubo-ovarian abscessGeorgios Charonis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Central Hospital, Skovde, Sweden
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:680-4. 2009..The Swedish Medical Products Agency currently recommends that women who had a copper IUCD inserted around age 40 do not need to have it extracted until one year after the menopause...
- [Tuberculous peritonitis in peritoneal dialysis]M Borrajo Prol
Servicio de Nefrologia, Complejo Hospitalario de Ourense, Ourense, Spain
Nefrologia 29:170-2. 2009..Now, the patient is asintomatic in daily home hemodialysis...
- Autoamputated adnexa presents as a peritoneal loose bodyKaori Koga
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Fertil Steril 93:967-8. 2010..We report a case of unilateral adnexal absence with a peritoneal loose body. Laparoscopic findings and medical history suggested that she had adnexal torsion in her childhood followed by its calcification and autoamputation...
- K-RAS mutations in ovarian and extraovarian lesions of serous tumors of borderline malignancyJoachim Diebold
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Lab Invest 83:251-8. 2003..Considering our observations, the two putative pathogenetic mechanisms for the development of implants and endosalpingiosis-multifocal tumorigenesis and spread from the ovarian primary tumor-seem to coexist...
- A scoring system to differentiate malignant from benign masses in specific ultrasound-based subgroups of adnexal tumorsL Ameye
Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT SCD, University Hospital, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 33:92-101. 2009....
- [Ultrasonographic and biochemical screening of adnexal masses before operative laparoscopy]C De Angelis
I Cattedra di Clinica Ostetrica e Ginecologica, Universita degli Studi di Roma, La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 54:1-7. 2002..The object of our study was to evaluate how reliable ultrasonographic and biochemical screening of adnexal masses are in the selection of patients eligible for operative laparoscopy...
- A new quantitative method to evaluate adnexal tumorsChung Yuan Lee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chia Yi Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Chang Gung University, Chia Yi, Taiwan
Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 49:45-9. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess endometriomas and follicular cysts using a new quantitative method provided by the picture archiving and communication system...
- ENHANCED EVALUATION OF FETAL CNS WITH ULTRAFAST MRIDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2002..Thus the results of this study could significantly decrease morbidity of fetuses with ventriculomegaly. ..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this project have the potential to benefit the practice of radiologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, and pediatric neurologists involved in the care of pregnant women with fetuses with VM. ..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this project have the potential to benefit the practice of radiologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, and pediatric neurologists involved in the care of pregnant women with fetuses with VM. ..
- MRI of Fetal Ventriculomegaly: Morphology and OutcomeDeborah Levine; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this project have the potential to benefit the practice of radiologists, obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, and pediatric neurologists involved in the care of pregnant women with fetuses with VM. ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKPETER MCGOVERN; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will then test the hypothesis that this novel protocol, by preventing the hypersecretion of luteal products in gonadotropin-induced pregnancies, will result in safer infertility therapy. ..
- HISTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF PREMALIGNANT ENDOMETRIAL LESIONSFrancisco Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..