Summary: Inflammation of the iris characterized by circumcorneal injection, aqueous flare, keratotic precipitates, and constricted and sluggish pupil along with discoloration of the iris.
Publications161 found, 100 shown here
- An unusual case of late ocular changes after lightning injuryHimadri Datta
Department of Ophthalmology, Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura, West Bengal, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 50:224-5. 2002We describe a case of late ocular changes after lightning injury. One year after the injury, complete ankyloblepharon, severe dry eye, corneal opacity, healed iritis and mature cataracts were noted in both eyes of the patient.
- Ocular involvement as the initial manifestation of Wegener's granulomatosis in childrenMichelle Levi
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Great Neck, New York, USA
J AAPOS 12:94-6. 2008..The disease may present initially with ocular manifestations. We report the largest series to date of children whose ocular findings were the initial presenting signs of Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Iritis associated with intravenous cidofovirA L Tseng
The Toronto Hospital, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 33:167-71. 1999To report two patients with AIDS and cytomegalovirus retinitis who developed iritis after receiving intravenous cidofovir. Both experienced recurrent symptoms upon rechallenge.
- Iritis and pupillary distortion after periorbital cosmetic alexandrite laserChih Chung Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, Taipei City Hospital, Renai Branch, No 10, Sec 4, Ren Ai Rd, Taipei, 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 249:783-5. 2011....
- Metipranolol-associated granulomatous iritisR B Melles
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Redwood City, CA 94063
Am J Ophthalmol 118:712-5. 1994..We studied granulomatous uveitis reactions to topical metipranolol 0.3% therapy for primary open-angle glaucoma in two patients in the United States...
- Recurrent iritis after implantation of an iris-fixated phakic intraocular lens for the correction of myopia Case report and clinicopathologic correlationGuy Kleinmann
Laboratories for Ophthalmic Devices Research, John A Moran Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1385-7. 2006..We report the case of a young healthy patient who experienced persistent and intolerable iritis after implantation of an iris-claw IOL. The iritis was resolved only after explantation of the IOL.
- Pouchitis-associated iritis (uveitis) following total proctocolectomy and ileal pouch-to-anal anastomosis in ulcerative colitisH J Freeman
Gastroenterology, ACU F-137, University of British Columbia Hospital, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1W5, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 15:131-3. 2001..Although no ophthalmological manifestations were present before the staged surgical procedures, iritis developed after appearance of the pouchitis...
- Placement of a collagen glaucoma drainage device to control intraocular pressure and chronic iritis secondary to juvenile rheumatoid arthritisFrancis W Price
Price Vision Group, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260 5354, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:233-6. 2002A patient with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and chronic iritis is reported with intraocular pressure near 30 mm Hg and previous episodes of intraocular pressure as high as 50 mm Hg despite maximally tolerated medical therapy...
- Herpetic keratitis with iritis after corneal crosslinking with riboflavin and ultraviolet A for keratoconusGeorge D Kymionis
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:1982-4. 2007..Five days postoperatively, she presented with geographic epithelial keratitis and iritis. Analysis of tear samples by polymerase chain reaction confirmed the diagnosis...
- Hypopyon iritis after primary fresh amniotic membrane transplantationRenuka Srinivasan
Department of Ophthalmology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India
Cornea 26:1275-6. 2007To report the occurrence of hypopyon iritis after primary, fresh amniotic membrane transplant (AMT).
- Blockage of complement regulators in the conjunctiva and within the eye leads to massive inflammation and iritisD S Bardenstein
Institute of Pathology, Center for Vision Research, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Immunology 104:423-30. 2001..blockage of 5I2 Ag function in periocular tissues and within the eye causes intense conjunctival inflammation and iritis demonstrates the importance of intrinsic complement regulators in protecting ocular tissues from spontaneous or ..
- The interrelationship between sex, susceptibility factors, and outcome in ankylosing spondylitis and its associated disorders including inflammatory bowel disease, psoriasis, and iritisSinead Brophy
Epidemiology Department, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Disease, Upper Borough Walls, Bath BA1 1RL, UK
J Rheumatol 30:2054-8. 2003..This suggests that either women with disease carry more susceptibility factors than men or that the uterine environment/breast feeding may play a role in AS...
- Effect of etanercept on iritis in patients with ankylosing spondylitisJames T Rosenbaum
Arthritis Rheum 50:3736-7. 2004
- Effects of pupil stretch technique during phacoemulsification on postoperative vision, intraocular pressure, and inflammationBradford J Shingleton
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1142-5. 2006..To determine whether pupil stretch during phacoemulsification affects postoperative best corrected visual acuity (BCVA), intraocular pressure (IOP), and inflammation compared with results in patients without pupil stretch...
- Ocular manifestations in Blau syndrome associated with a CARD15/Nod2 mutationToru Kurokawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Ophthalmology 110:2040-4. 2003..To report cases of Blau syndrome with a CARD15/Nod2 mutation...
- Enhanced ocular anti-inflammatory activity of ibuprofen carried by an Eudragit RS100 nanoparticle suspensionClaudio Bucolo
Bausch and Lomb Fidia Oftal Pharmaceuticals, Catania, Italy
Ophthalmic Res 34:319-23. 2002..To investigate the ocular pharmacodynamic profile of a polymer nanoparticle system loaded with sodium ibuprofen (IBU-RS) in comparison to an aqueous solution of ibuprofen lysinate (IBL) in the rabbit eye both being applied topically...
- Collamer intraocular lens implantation with active uveitisJonathan Stanwood Till
Lewis Gale Clinic, Salem, VA 24153, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2439-43. 2003Two patients with active iritis developed cataracts and had successful cataract surgery with implantation of a Collamer (Staar Surgical, AG) intraocular lens (IOL)...
- Risks of intravitreous injection: a comprehensive reviewRama D Jager
The Beetham Eye Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Retina 24:676-98. 2004..To evaluate the prevalence of the most common serious adverse events associated with intravitreous (IVT) injection...
- Management of the red eye for the primary care physicianChristopher Wirbelauer
Klinik fur Augenheilkunde, Vivantes Klinikum Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Am J Med 119:302-6. 2006..The most frequent causes of a red eye, such as dry eye, conjunctivitis, keratitis, iritis, acute glaucoma, subconjunctival hematoma, foreign bodies, corneal abrasion, and blunt or penetrating trauma, are ..
- Cyclosporin-augmented laser peripheral iridoplastyEarl R Crouch
Thomas R Lee Center for Ocular Pharmacology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 35:475-81. 2004Almost all patients develop iritis following argon laser peripheral iridoplasty. Numerous adverse effects, particularly elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) and reduced microbial resistance, complicate therapy with topical corticosteroids...
- The natural history of ankylosing spondylitis as defined by radiological progressionSinead Brophy
Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath, UK
J Rheumatol 29:1236-43. 2002..Radiological status is an important objective endpoint in the assessment of ankylosing spondylitis (AS). We investigated the disease development of AS using radiological change...
- Inflammatory eye, skin, and bowel disease in spondyloarthritis: genetic, phenotypic, and environmental factorsS Brophy
Epidemiology Department, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath, UK
J Rheumatol 28:2667-73. 2001..e., ankylosing spondylitis (AS), psoriasis, iritis, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)]...
- A longitudinal study of disease activity and functional status in a hospital cohort of patients with ankylosing spondylitisL P Robertson
Rheumatology, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:1565-8. 2004....
- Effects of enzymatic sterilization detergents on the corneal endotheliumChirag Parikh
Emory Eye Center, 1365 B Clifton Rd NE, Suite B2600, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:165-72. 2002..To evaluate the potential of enzymatic detergents to cause endothelial damage and anterior segment inflammation...
- COX-2 inhibitors prolong trauma-induced elevations of iris hyaluronanAnna Koralewska-Makár
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 19:385-95. 2003To investigate whether and how treatment with COX-2 inhibitors influences hyaluronan responses to a standardized trauma, argon laser induced iritis, in rabbits.
- The red eyeF Hampton Roy
University of Arkansas Medical Science Campus, Little Rock, AR, USA
Ann Ophthalmol (Skokie) 38:35-8. 2006..Ciliary injection indicates inflammation of the cornea, iris, or ciliary body, whereas conjunctival injection mainly affects the posterior conjunctival blood vessels...
- Endogenous pneumococcal endophthalmitis followed by pneumococcal-induced uveitisFabio Nessi
Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Lausanne, Suisse
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 220:204-6. 2003..We describe the case of a fulminant bilateral endophthalmitis occurring in a patient, who had 9 years earlier a splenectomy for an idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura...
- [Glaucoma related with photoreceptor outer segments in aqueous humor. Schwartz-Matsuo syndrome]C Gutierrez
Servicio de Oftalmologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 76:315-8. 2001..DISCUSSION: The presence of photoreceptor outer segments in aqueous humor confirms the diagnosis of Schwartz-Matsuo syndrome, which should be considered as a differential diagnosis of iritis and glaucoma.
- Ocular manifestations of electrical injury: a case report and review of the literatureBarbara K Miller
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610 0284, USA
CLAO J 28:224-7. 2002..a case of electrical shock resulting in multiple ocular manifestations, including anisocoria, acute bilateral iritis, bilateral cataracts, and macular cyst formation, and to provide a review of the literature on electrically ..
- Association between ocular injuries and internal orbital fracturesDongmei He
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, 75390, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:713-20. 2007..This study was performed to assess the association between orbital blowout fractures and ocular injuries...
- Central serous chorioretinopathy associated with periocular corticosteroid injection treatment for HLA-B27-associated iritisCaroline R Baumal
Department of Vitreoretinal Surgery, New England Eye Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 122:926-8. 2004
- [Ophthalmological emergencies. 1. The acute red eye]B Gabler
Augenklinik, Universitat Regensburg
MMW Fortschr Med 144:39-40. 2002
- Long-term acyclovir use to prevent recurrent ocular herpes simplex virus infectionUchoandro B C Uchoa
Cornea Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:1702-4. 2003..To evaluate the effectiveness of more than 12 months of oral acyclovir therapy in reducing recurrences of ocular herpes simplex virus...
- Putative side effects of prostaglandin analogsRobert A Schumer
Department of Ophthalmology, Mt Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 47:S219. 2002Anecdotal case reports describe the occurrence of cystoid macular edema, iritis, herpes simplex keratitis, periocular skin darkening, and headaches in patients treated with prostaglandin analogs for glaucoma...
- Severe iritis and choroidal effusion following selective laser trabeculoplastyDanny Y Kim
University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:409-11. 2008..The authors believe this is the first reported case of severe iritis and choroidal effusion following selective laser trabeculoplasty.
- Diffuse lamellar keratitis associated with iritis 10 months after laser in situ keratomileusisV A Keszei
621 Memorial Drive, Suite 512, South Bend, IN 46601, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 27:1126-7. 2001..The DLK was associated with acute iritis, not with manipulation of the LASIK flap or epithelium...
- [Collection of hematopoietic progenitor cells from healthy donors]Ines Bojanic
Zavod za klinicku transfuziologiju, Klinicki zavod za laboratorijsku dijagnostiku, Klinicki bolnicki centar Zagreb, Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 63:237-44. 2009..Spontaneous splenic rupture, acute lung injury, acute iritis, severe pyogenic infections, and anaphylactoid reactions were reported in healthy donors after G-CSF ..
- Similarity between chronic reactive arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.A 32-35-year follow-up studyK Kaarela
Rheumatism Foundation Hospital, Heinola, Finland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 27:325-8. 2009..We assessed the long-term outcome of recent reactive arthritis (ReA) during 1973-2007 and ankylosing spondylitis (AS) during 1973-1997 to identify similarities in manifestations of disease...
- Clinical performance of Alcon SA30AL and SA60AT single-piece acrylic intraocular lensesJames A Davison
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1112-23. 2002..To report the clinical performance characteristics of single-piece acrylic Alcon SA30AL and SA60AT intraocular lenses (IOLs)...
- Chlamydiae as etiologic agents in chronic undifferentiated spondylarthritisJohn D Carter
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1311-6. 2009..with Chlamydia-induced reactive arthritis do not present with the classic triad of arthritis, conjunctivitis/iritis, and urethritis. Moreover, acute chlamydial infections are often asymptomatic...
- Epidemiological survey of intraocular inflammation in JapanHiroshi Goto
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 51:41-4. 2007..To report the frequency and trend of intraocular inflammation based on a survey of new ophthalmology patient visits to university hospitals throughout Japan during 2002...
- An eye on inflammatory eye diseaseP G Kestelyn
Afdeling Oogheelkunde, Universitair Ziekenhuis, Gent
Acta Clin Belg 60:270-5. 2005..nongranulomatous, unilateral, anterior uveitis) and matched (meshing) to a potential list of etiologies (eg, viral iritis, HLA-B 27 associated iritis)...
- Surgical results of triamcinolone assisted pars plana vitrectomy combined with phacoemulsification in diabetic patientsHakki Birinci
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical Faculty, University of Ondokuz Mayis, Turkey
Open Ophthalmol J 2:5-8. 2008....
- The use of cytokine-stimulated healthy donors in allogeneic stem cell transplantationSimone Cesaro
Clinic of Pediatric Oncology Hematology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Haematologica 87:35-41. 2002..to the stimulation of healthy donors with rhG-CSF but the description of cases of non-traumatic splenic rupture, iritis, cardiac ischemia, and gouty arthritis suggests that further precautionary restrictions are advisable when ..
- The genetics of spondyloarthropathiesK Y Fong
Department of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 29:370-5. 2000..Ocular involvement like uveitis, iritis and conjunctivitis can be present in up to a third of the patients...
- Friedrich August von Ammon (1799-1861)D M Reifler
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine GRAMEC, Grand Rapids, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 99:199-213. 1999..His prize-winning treatise, De Iritide (1835), correctly categorized iritis and gave a detailed description of sympathetic ophthalmia...
- [Are metipranolol eyedrops responsible for intraocular side effects?]T Christ
Medizinisch wissenschaftliche Abteilung, Berlin
Ophthalmologe 89:455-61. 1992..Thirteen cases of recurring iritis were diagnosed, which had already been observed before the onset of glaucoma therapy...
- Cystoid macular edema following immune recovery and treatment with cidofovir for cytomegalovirus retinitisA J Kersten
Augenklinik der Heinrich Heine Universität, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 237:893-6. 1999..Cidofovir has proved to be highly effective in treatment of CMV retinitis. Iritis and bulbar hypotony are known as the major complications after intravenous and intravitreal use of this antiviral ..
- Drug-induced ocular inflammatory diseasesFrederick W Fraunfelder
The National Registry of Drug Induced Ocular Side Effects, Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 4197, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 43:117-23. 2007..g., iritis, pars planitis or iridocyclitis...
- Sequential bilateral solitary extramedullary plasmacytoma of the ciliary bodyCarol L Shields
Oncology Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Cornea 26:759-61. 2007..To report bilateral plasmacytoma of the ciliary body in a healthy patient...
- [Lightning injuries: case report of a 17-year-old man and a brief review of the literature]N Stutz
Abteilung für Plastische, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Zentrum für Schwerbrandverletzte, Klinikum Nürnberg Süd, Breslauerstrasse 201, 90471 Nürnberg
Unfallchirurg 109:495-8. 2006..The patient suffered transient symptoms, including pain, loss of consciousness, tinnitus, iritis and paresthesia...
- Effects of intracameral administration of α-chymotrypsin on intracapsular lens extraction and postoperative outcome in clinically normal dogsDavid J Maggs
Department of Veterinary Medicine and Surgery College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Vet Res 71:1475-83. 2010..To assess the intraoperative and postoperative clinical effects and histologic effects of intracameral administration of α-chymotrypsin in clinically normal dogs undergoing standard intracapsular lens extraction (ICLE)...
- [Ocular injuries related to Independence Day celebrations]Assaf Kratz
Department of Ophthalmology, Soroka University Medical Center, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Harefuah 145:254-6, 320. 2006..This study aims to describe and characterize the ocular injuries that are directly related to the use of these devices...
- Diagnosis and management of red eye in primary careHolly Cronau
Department of Family Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am Fam Physician 81:137-44. 2010..Other common causes include blepharitis, corneal abrasion, foreign body, subconjunctival hemorrhage, keratitis, iritis, glaucoma, chemical burn, and scleritis...
- Hepatitis B vaccine and uveitis: an emerging hypothesis suggested by review of 32 case reportsFrederick W Fraunfelder
Casey Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Cutan Ocul Toxicol 29:26-9. 2010..To report a possible association between hepatitis B vaccine and uveitis...
- Cystoid macular oedema in Cogans syndrome-a case reportAnupama Pherwani
St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Cases J 1:339. 2008..abstract:..
- Phacoemulsification in eyes with white cataractA Chakrabarti
Aravind Eye Hospital and PG Institute of Ophthalmology, Tamilnadu, India
J Cataract Refract Surg 26:1041-7. 2000..To study the results of phacoemulsification in eyes with white cataract...
- Diverse virulence of Staphylococcus aureus strains for the conjunctivaClare C McCormick
Department of Microbiology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Curr Eye Res 36:14-20. 2011..To determine the virulence of Staphylococcus aureus strains in the rabbit conjunctiva...
- The ocular complications of smallpox and smallpox immunizationRichard D Semba
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 121:715-9. 2003..ocular complications, including eyelid and conjunctival infection, corneal ulceration, disciform keratitis, iritis, optic neuritis, and blindness...
- Nonclinical safety and pharmacokinetics of intravitreally administered human-derived plasmin in rabbits and minipigsJoel W Proksch
Global Preclinical Development, Bausch and Lomb, Rochester, NY 14609, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:320-32. 2008..Effects at the higher doses included myosis, iritis, iridolenticular synechiae, and changes in electroretinogram waveforms and parameters that were generally not ..
- Search for autoantibodies against the HNK-1 carbohydrate epitope in the human eye in intermediate uveitisM Uusitalo
Department of Ophthalmology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 78:536-8. 2000..We investigated whether autoantibodies to these molecules can be detected in patients with intermediate uveitis, which affects the ciliary body...
- Treatment of viral diseases of the cornea and external eyeH E Kaufman
Department of Ophthalmology, LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, New Orleans 70112, USA
Prog Retin Eye Res 19:69-85. 2000..New studies indicate that herpetic stromal disease and iritis are effectively treated with a combination of corticosteroid and antiviral without additional risk...
- Clinical outcome of iridotomy with Argon-YAG laser at a tertiary care center in Karachi, PakistanRashid Baig
Section of Ophthalmology, Department of Surgery, Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
J Pak Med Assoc 60:220-3. 2010..To assess the the efficacy and early and late complications of Argon-YAG combined laser iridotomy in the outpatient department of a tertiary care hospital...
- Bioadhesive sulfacetamide sodium microspheres: evaluation of their effectiveness in the treatment of bacterial keratitis caused by Staphylococcus aureus and Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a rabbit modelDemet Sensoy
Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 72:487-95. 2009..therapy, the eyes were examined in respect to clinical signs of infection (blepharitis, conjunctivitis, iritis, corneal oedema and corneal infiltrates) which are the main symptoms of bacterial keratitis and then cornea ..
- [Trypan blue capsule staining for phacoemulsification in white cataract]M Cheour
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Habib Thameur, Tunis, Tunisie
J Fr Ophtalmol 30:914-7. 2007..To study the results of phacoemulsification in eyes with white cataract using trypan blue for capsule staining...
- Sympathetic ophthalmia in vater association combined with persisting hyperplastic primary vitreous after cyclodestructive procedureJ B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:171-2. 2006....
- Clinical statistics of endogenous uveitis: comparison between general eye clinic and university hospitalJ I Sakai
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishi shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 0023, Japan
Int Ophthalmol 30:297-301. 2010..We observed that diabetic iritis and herpetic iritis were significantly more frequent in the clinic whereas Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada disease and Behcet'..
- Prevalence of ossification of posterior longitudinal ligament in patients with ankylosing spondylitisTae Jong Kim
Department of Rheumatology, The Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Rheumatol 34:2460-2. 2007..To determine the prevalence of ossification of the posterior longitudinal ligament (OPLL) in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS)...
- Toward new therapies for ocular inflammationJ T Rosenbaum
Case Eye Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 75:511-4. 2000..Most forms of anti-inflammatory therapy employed for ocular inflammatory diseases including iritis, scleritis, and chorioretinitis are derived from the success of these therapies for other organ systems...
- Safety results of two phase III trials of an intravitreous injection of highly purified ovine hyaluronidase (Vitrase) for the management of vitreous hemorrhageBaruch D Kuppermann
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine 92697, California
Am J Ophthalmol 140:585-97. 2005..To evaluate the safety of intravitreous ovine hyaluronidase for the management of vitreous hemorrhage...
- [Ulcerative esophagitis and colitis as rare manifestations of Adamantiades-Behcet disease]R Glosemeyer
Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum Bayreuth
Z Gastroenterol 39:167-71. 2001..In the course of the disease she developed recurrent iritis, nodular skleritis, oral and genital ulcer, erythema nodosum and axillary folliculitis...
- Extradigestive manifestations of IBD in pediatricsM Aloi
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 13:23-32. 2009..e., pyoderma gangrenosum, anterior uveitis/iritis, ankylosing spondylitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis)...
- Collecting a set of psoriasis family material through a patient organisation; clinical characterisation and presence of additional disordersAnnica Inerot
Department of Dermatology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Sahlgrenska, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Dermatol 5:10. 2005..Furthermore, we wanted to compare siblings with and without psoriasis regarding the occurrence of other diseases...
- [Ocular syphilis]Dieter Schmidt
Augenklinik, Universitat Freiburg
Klin Monbl Augenheilkd 219:433-9. 2002..Syphilis has distinctly increased in the last decades. It is necessary to know the different eye changes in syphilis...
- Feasibility of bimanual microincision phacoemulsification in hard cataractsA Assaf
Department of Ophthalmology, Ain Shams University, Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt
Eye (Lond) 21:807-11. 2007..The purpose of this work was to assess the feasibility of bimanual phacoemulsification in hard cataracts of N3+ using WhiteStar technology of Soveriegn (Advanced Medical Optics, Santa Ana, CA, USA)...
- Efficacy of a helicase-primase inhibitor in animal models of ocular herpes simplex virus type 1 infectionHerbert E Kaufman
Department of Ophthalmology, LSU Eye Center, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:34-42. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of BAY 57-1293, a helicase-primase inhibitor, on herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) reactivation in mice and its efficacy on established disease in rabbits...
- Intravenous cidofovir for compassionate use in AIDS patients with cytomegalovirus retinitis. Spanish Cidofovir Study GroupJ Berenguer
Servicio de Microbiologia y Enfermedades Infecciosas, Hospital Gregorio Maranon, 28007, Madrid, Spain
Clin Infect Dis 30:182-4. 2000..Two deaths were considered related to the drug. Iritis developed in 21 patients (41.2%), a frequency higher than that reported during the pre-HAART era...
- [A case of panuveitis with optic disc neovascularization associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis which progressed during a clinical trial of etanercept]Reiko Kinouchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
Nihon Ganka Gakkai Zasshi 111:970-5. 2007To report a case of uveitis associated with juvenile idiopathic arthritis that progressed from iritis to panuveitis with disc neovascularization during a clinical trial of etanercept, a tumor necrosis factor a (TNF-alpha) blocker.
- Analysis of uveitis rates across all etanercept ankylosing spondylitis clinical trialsJ Sieper
Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Med Klinik I Rheumatologie, Hindenburgdamm 30, 12200 Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 69:226-9. 2010To assess uveitis (including iritis and iridocyclitis) incidence from clinical trials of etanercept in patients with ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
- Factors associated with disease activity of pouchitis after surgery for ulcerative colitisJ Kuisma
Dept of Gastroenterology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:544-8. 2004..This study was undertaken to assess the incidence of pouchitis at least 5 years after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis for ulcerative colitis, and to evaluate possible predictive factors for inflammation activity...
- Ocular complications and visual outcome in juvenile chronic arthritis: a 25-year follow-up studyMarek Zak
Clinic of Paediatrics II, Rigshospitalet, State University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:211-5. 2003..Assessment of longterm ophthalmic outcome in juvenile chronic arthritis (JCA) with emphasis on visual acuity and identification of disease-related parameters associated with rheumatic eye affection...
- Intraocular inflammation following intravitreal injection of bevacizumabSophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:779-81. 2008..Failure to recognize an eye with anterior chamber and vitreous cell as sterile inflammation can lead to unnecessary treatment for endophthalmitis...
- Longterm visual prognosis of patients with ocular Adamantiades-Behçet's disease treated with interferon-alpha-2aLothar Krause
Department of Ophthalmology, Charite Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
J Rheumatol 35:896-903. 2008..Interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) has proven to be effective in mucocutaneous ABD and has been reported to improve ocular lesions. We examined the longterm effects of IFN-alpha-2a in a case series of 45 patients with ocular involvement...
- Is Posner Schlossman syndrome benign?A Jap
Department of Ophthalmology, Changi General Hospital, Singapore
Ophthalmology 108:913-8. 2001..To determine the clinical course of patients with Posner Schlossman syndrome (PSS)...
- An outbreak of iritis and uveitis in dairy cattle at pasture associated with the supplementary feeding of baleageR A Laven
N Z Vet J 54:151-2. 2006
- [F99, a mental disorder not otherwise specified]Ville Levänen
Duodecim 119:343, 345. 2003
- Uveitis associated with West Nile virus infectionRachel W Kuchtey
Arch Ophthalmol 121:1648-9. 2003
- Iritis presumed as secondary to disseminated coccidioidomycosisJulie M Hwang
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California, USA
Optometry 77:547-53. 2006..Ocular involvement may include anterior segment, posterior segment, or extraorbital involvement...
- Secondary glaucoma associated with anterior uveitis, iris pigment epithelitis and herpetic eye infectionYee Fong Choong
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 80:672-4. 2002
- Bilateral ankle edema with bilateral iritisSunil Kumar
Department of Ophthalmology, Mohammad Dossary Hospital, PO Box 335 Al Khobar 31952, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Clin Rheumatol 26:1145-7. 2007I report two patient presented to me with bilateral symmetrical ankle edema and bilateral acute iritis. A 42-year-old female of Indian origin and 30-year-old female from Somalia both presented with bilateral acute iritis...
- Two cases of SAPHO syndrome accompanied by classic features of Behcet's disease and review of the literatureHiroki Yabe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Hospital Organization Tokyo Medical Center, Higashigaoka 2 5 1, Meguro ku, Tokyo, 152 8902, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 27:133-5. 2008..Another conspicuous complication was bilateral glaucoma and episodes of iritis were recognized during the follow-up period...
- Tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis syndrome associated with hyperthyroidismItaru Ebihara
Department of Nephrology, Mito Saiseikai General Hospital, 3 3 10 Futabadai, Mito, and Department of Nephrology, Tokyo Medical University Kasumigaura Hospital, Ibaraki, 311 4198, Japan
Clin Exp Nephrol 10:216-21. 2006..He had iritis, which was complicated by fibrin in the anterior chamber, diagnosed by slit-lamp examination...
- Clinically unsuspected diffuse uveal melanoma presenting as recurrent iritisBenjamin Mathew
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ottawa Eye Institute, University of Ottawa, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ont
Can J Ophthalmol 39:464-7. 2004
- [The Greek and the Turk: Benediktos Adamantiades (1875-1965) and Hulûsi Behçet (1889-1948)]W Keitel
Z Rheumatol 62:88-94. 2003
- Posner Schlossman syndromeSansar Singh Sangha
Ophthalmology 109:409. 2002
- Towards evidence-based emergency medicine: best BETs from the Manchester Royal Infirmary. Does a normal-shaped pupil exclude the diagnosis of iritisThomas Hunsley
Manchester Medical School, Manchester, UK
Emerg Med J 23:872-3. 2006
- Tubulointerstitial nephritis and uveitis (TINU) syndrome in a 52-year-old female: a case report and review of the literatureVassilios Liakopoulos
Department of Nephrology, Medical School, University of Thessaly, 41221 Larissa, Greece
Ren Fail 28:355-9. 2006..2 mg/dL) with metabolic acidosis. Ophthalmologic examination revealed anterior uveitis (iritis) and renal biopsy showed acute tubulointerstitial nephritis...
- Assessment and management of patients with acute red eyeSue Watkinson
University of West London, Brentford, Middlesex
Nurs Older People 25:27-34; quiz 35. 2013..The conditions discussed are acute closed angle glaucoma, acute iritis, acute conjunctivitis, herpes zoster ophthalmicus and bacterial corneal ulcer.
- Final report on the safety assessment of aluminum silicate, calcium silicate, magnesium aluminum silicate, magnesium silicate, magnesium trisilicate, sodium magnesium silicate, zirconium silicate, attapulgite, bentonite, Fuller's earth, hectorite, kaolin,Amy R Elmore
Int J Toxicol 22:37-102. 2003..Bentonite caused severe iritis after injection into the anterior chamber of the eyes of rabbits and when injected intralamellarly, widespread ..
- [Posterior retinal hole secondary to a candida retinitis]M L Alvarez-Suárez
Hospital Alvarez Buylla, Mieres, Asturias, Spain
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 80:421-4. 2005..ocular examination disclosed a focal candida retinitis in the posterior pole associated with vitritis and moderate iritis. Treatment with fluconazole inactived the chorio-retinal lesion and resolved the vitritis, but developed an inner ..
- [Tuberculous peripheral multifocal choroiditis]M J Perez Alvarez
Hospital Universitario de la Princesa, Madrid, Espana
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 78:169-72. 2003..woman with past untreated pulmonary tuberculosis, disclosed a bilateral uveitic syndrome characte rized by iritis, vitreitis, multiple peripheral retinal punched-out lesions, and cystoid macular edema...
- OCULAR DISPOSITION OF ACYCLOGUANOSINE ANALOGUESAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 2001..and reduced toxicities in the treatment of necrotising herpes simplex and cytomegalovirus macular and peripheral iritis, uveitis and retinitis in AIDS patients...
- OCULAR DISPOSITION OF ACYCLOGUANOSINE ANALOGUESAshim Mitra; Fiscal Year: 1999..and reduced toxicities in the treatment of necrotising herpes simplex and cytomegalovirus macular and peripheral iritis, uveitis and retinitis in AIDS patients...
- OCULAR HERPES SIMPLEXHerbert Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 1993..and DNA polymerase selective drugs, alone and in combination, to treat herpes infections of the stroma and herpes iritis without toxicity to the host, and test the anti-inflammatory and antiviral effects of cyclosporine, antiviral ..
- OCULAR HERPES SIMPLEXHerbert Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2007..acyclovir and trifluridine to determine its efficacy in models of epithelial keratitis, stromal keratitis, and iritis and to determine if BAY 57-1293 can prevent recurrences of herpes when administered both topically and ..
- Pathophysiology of HTLV-I and HTLV-II InfectionEdward Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2007..HTLV-I has previously been associated with adult T-cell leukemia (ATL), HAM and arthritis, uveitis and iritis. These pulmonary, neurologic and immunologic syndromes have not been well characterized clinically or biologically,..
- CHEMOTACTIC FACTORS IN ANIMAL MODELS OF UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 1993..autoantibody in the uveitis associated with Sjorgren's syndrome; and 6) studying patients with HLA B27 associated iritis to determine if this disease is associated with autoantibodies...
- PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF HTLV1 AND HTLVII INFECTIONEdward Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2003..are reports that HTLV-I and/or HTLV-II are associated with immunologic syndromes including arthritis, uveitis and iritis; however, these associations have not been proven...
- OCULAR HERPES SIMPLEXHerbert Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 1980..will be infected with herpesvirus and the effects of the drugs will be assayed in blind studies on the keratitis, iritis, and stromal disease...
- Ophthalmic Antibiotic Resistance StudyKirk Wilhelmus; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Stress and the Pathogeneisis of Sarcopenia and Disability in Older WomeRichard D Semba; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- CHEMOTACTIC FACTORS IN ANIMAL MODELS OF UVEITISJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..We believe that these aims are novel, innovative, especially suited to the skills and achievements demonstrated by our laboratory, and highly relevant to clarifying the pathogenesis of anterior uveitis. ..
- IMMUNOLOGY/MOLECULAR BIOLOGY TRAINING IN OPHTHALMOLOGYJames Rosenbaum; Fiscal Year: 2007..The quality of the institution, the talents of the specific faculty, the abilities of the applicant pool, and the proven success of the program areadditional strengths of this application. ..
- VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENTATION FOR HIV INFECTED CHILDRENRichard Semba; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- OCULAR INFECTION WITH THE HERPES VIRUSESTODD MARGOLIS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Taken together, these studies will begin to elucidate mechanisms by which neurons survive HSV infection to become reservoirs of latent virus responsible for recurrent disease. ..