Genomes and Genes
Summary: Perforations through the whole thickness of the retina including the macula as the result of inflammation, trauma, degeneration, etc. The concept includes retinal breaks, tears, dialyses, and holes.
Publications181 found, 100 shown here
- Idiopathic macular hole surgery with low-concentration infracyanine green-assisted peeling of the internal limiting membraneMatteo Cacciatori
Am J Ophthalmol 143:726; author reply 727. 2007
- The internal limiting membrane peeling with brilliant blue G staining for retinal detachment due to macular hole in high myopiaY Mochizuki
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 812-8582, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1009. 2008
- Brilliant blue G selectively stains the internal limiting membrane/brilliant blue G-assisted membrane peelingHiroshi Enaida
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Retina 26:631-6. 2006..3 +/- 1.0 months). CONCLUSIONS: BBG selectively stains the ILM. This technique can facilitate the management of MH and ERM surgery without any adverse effects, as was shown in this short-term study...
- A new 25-gauge instrument system for transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy surgeryGildo Y Fujii
Microsurgery Advanced Design Laboratory, Doheny Eye Institute, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Ophthalmology 109:1807-12; discussion 1813. 2002....
- Macular hole formation: new data provided by optical coherence tomographyA Gaudric
Department of Ophthalmology, Hopital Lariboisiere, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, France
Arch Ophthalmol 117:744-51. 1999..To establish the sequence of events leading from vitreofoveal traction to full-thickness macular hole formation...
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy and relations among antioxidant activity, oxidative stress, and VEGF in the vitreous bodyHiroshi Izuta
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Mol Vis 16:130-6. 2010..To investigate the relationships among antioxidant activities, oxidative stress, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the vitreous body and serum from proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) patients...
- Müller cell cone, an overlooked part of the anatomy of the fovea centralis: hypotheses concerning its role in the pathogenesis of macular hole and foveomacualr retinoschisisJ D Gass
Department of Ophthalmology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn 37232 8808, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 117:821-3. 1999....
- What are vitreoretinal surgeons dyeing for?Anselm Kampik
Retina 26:599-601. 2006
- Is it worth reoperating on macular holes?Xavier Valldeperas
Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 115:158-63. 2008..To evaluate the visual outcome after a second surgical attempt to close idiopathic full-thickness macular holes (FTMH) in patients who underwent unsuccessful primary surgery and in patients with reopened FTMHs...
- Late reopening and spontaneous closure of previously repaired macular holesJeffrey G Gross
Carolina Retina Center, 7620 Trenholm Road Ext, Columbia, SC 29223, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:556-8. 2005..The features of late reopening with spontaneous closure in previously repaired macular holes are illustrated with optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- An in vivo evaluation of Brilliant Blue G in animals and humansM Remy
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Mathildenstr 8, 80336 Munich, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1142-7. 2008..To evaluate the retinal toxicity of Brilliant Blue G (BBG) following intravitreal injection in rat eyes and examine the biocompatibility and the staining properties in humans...
- Outcome results in macular hole surgery: an evaluation of internal limiting membrane peeling with and without indocyanine greenTom G Sheidow
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Ophthalmology 110:1697-701. 2003....
- Autologous platelets for macular hole surgery: the Sussex Eye Hospital experienceBrendan J Vote
Sussex Eye Hospital, Brighton, United Kingdom
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 32:472-7. 2004..Visual outcome benefit of platelets remains to be investigated by randomized controlled trial and any planned trials should include an autologous platelets intervention arm along with visual acuity as a primary outcome measure...
- Retreatment of full-thickness macular hole: predictive value of optical coherence tomographyJost Hillenkamp
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, D 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1445-9. 2007....
- Vitrectomy for chronic macular holesLori A Stec
Associated Retinal Consultants, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan, USA
Retina 24:341-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: Chronic macular holes can be surgically closed with visual improvement in most patients. ILM peeling is an important surgical factor for closure of the macular hole with one operation...
- Internal limiting membrane: ultrastructural relationships, with clinical implications for macular hole healingFlávio A Rezende
Department of Ophthalmology, McGill University, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Que
Can J Ophthalmol 39:251-9. 2004....
- Macular hole in Behcet's diseaseShwu Jiuan Sheu
Department of Ophthalmology, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 20:558-62. 2004..In this report, we present two cases of macular hole in the worse eye of bilateral cases of Behcet's disease, and discuss the possible mechanisms and management in such cases...
- [A full thickness macular hole as an uncommon complication of Behçet disease]K Angioi-Duprez
Service d ophtalmologie B, CHU Nancy Brabois
J Fr Ophtalmol 24:172-4. 2001..A review of the different ocular complications is provided, stressing the unusual location on the posterior segment and the potential seriousness of these complications...
- Clinicopathological correlation of retinal pigment epithelial tears in exudative age related macular degeneration: pretear, tear, and scarred tearB A Lafaut
University Eye Clinic, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 85:454-60. 2001..To analyse the histopathology of vascularised pigment epithelial detachments and tears of the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) in age related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- Thinning and small holes at an impending tear of a retinal pigment epithelial detachmentK Shiraki
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 239:430-6. 2001..A tear of a retinal pigment epithelial detachment (PED) suddenly exposes a large area of bare Bruch's membrane. We report here the case of a patient whom we observed during the gradual, spontaneous development of a PED tear...
- Retinal detachment due to a macular hole in a patient with Behcet disease treated with vitrectomy and silicone oil tamponadeI Georgalas
Department Ophthalmology, G Genimatas General Hospital of Athens, NHS, Athens Greece
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:1023-4. 2008..A rare case of unilateral retinal detachment due to a macular hole in a patient with Behçet disease is presented...
- Vital dyes for macular surgery: a comparative electron microscopy study of the internal limiting membraneRicarda G Schumann
Department of Ophthalmology, Vitreoretinal and Pathology Unit, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Retina 29:669-76. 2009..To analyze and compare the ultrastructure of the retinal cleavage plane of the internal limiting membrane (ILM) removed during dye-assisted macular surgery...
- Tears of the retinal pigment epithelium: an old problem in a new eraLouis K Chang
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California Los Angeles, 100 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Retina 27:523-34. 2007..The authors review the clinical features, etiologies, imaging characteristics, and pathogenesis of RPE tears and their relationship with intravitreal anti-VEGF treatments...
- High-definition and 3-dimensional imaging of macular pathologies with high-speed ultrahigh-resolution optical coherence tomographyVivek J Srinivasan
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Ophthalmology 113:2054.e1-14. 2006..This new technology has the potential to become a useful tool for elucidating disease pathogenesis and improving disease diagnosis and management...
- Duration of face-down positioning after macular hole surgery: a comparison between 1 week and 3 daysJørgen Krohn
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 83:289-92. 2005..To investigate whether shortening the duration of face-down positioning from 1 week to 3 days affects the anatomical success rate of macular hole surgery...
- Residual crystals of triamcinolone acetonide in macular hole may prevent complete closureTakashi Koto
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:913-4. 2007
- Photoreceptor layer features in eyes with closed macular holes: optical coherence tomography findings and correlation with visual outcomesNatalia Villate
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:280-9. 2005..Outer retinal features appear to be more important to determine postoperative visual function. Inner retinal features may be more relevant for the ophthalmoscopic appearance of anatomic closure...
- Indocyanine green-assisted internal limiting membrane peeling for macular holes to stain or not to stain?Andrea P Da Mata
Retina 25:395-404. 2005
- Retinal pigment epithelial tear following intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (Avastin)M Nicolo
Department of Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Genetics, University Eye Clinic and Ist Biosanitas, Genova, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:770-3. 2006..To report one case of retinal pigment epithelium tear following intravitreal bevacizumab injection for neovascular age-related macular degeneration...
- Persistent outer retinal defect after successful macular hole repairAndrew A Moshfeghi
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:183-4. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: An outer retinal defect by OCT may occur in the early postoperative period after macular hole surgery. Despite this defect, good visual acuity is possible...
- Retinal pigment epithelial tear after intravitreal bevacizumab injectionChirag P Shah
Retina Service of Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 142:1070-2. 2006..Further studies are needed to determine the incidence of RPE tears after intravitreal bevacizumab injections...
- Triamcinolone acetonide remaining on the fovea after successful macular hole closureMitsushi Fukukita
Department of Ophthalmology, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu Mie, Japan
Retina 27:122-3. 2007
- Natural history of foveolar lucencies observed by optical coherence tomography after macular hole surgeryTamer H Mahmoud
Department of Ophthalmology, Vitreoretinal Service, Duke University Eye Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Retina 27:95-100. 2007..To describe the incidence, course, and anatomic and functional outcomes of foveolar lucencies observed by optical coherence tomography after macular hole surgery...
- Long-term follow-up of high myopic foveoschisis: natural course and surgical outcomeDavid Gaucher
Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Lariboisiere, Service d Ophtalmologie Université Paris, France
Am J Ophthalmol 143:455-62. 2007..To determine the natural evolution and surgical indications of myopic foveoschisis (MF), which are still poorly documented, and the factors that predict poor prognosis...
- Anatomical and visual outcomes of idiopathic macular hole surgery with internal limiting membrane removal using low-concentration indocyanine greenMichael M Lai
Associated Retinal Consultants, William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, Michigan 48073, USA
Retina 27:477-82. 2007....
- Long-term functional outcome of macular hole surgery correlated to optical coherence tomography measurementsChristos Haritoglou
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:208-13. 2007..Evaluation of long-term functional outcome after macular hole surgery and its correlation with postoperative optical coherence tomography (OCT)...
- Natural course of macular retinoschisis in highly myopic eyes without macular hole or retinal detachmentNoriaki Shimada
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 142:497-500. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: These findings suggest that macular retinoschisis might be a progressive condition, and that complications appeared to be related to the presence of vitreoretinal tractions...
- Tamoxifen therapy conveys increased risk of developing a macular holeBrendan G Cronin
Int Ophthalmol 26:101-5. 2005..To determine etiological factors in the development of, as well as anatomic success rate and visual outcome of a large consecutive series of macular hole surgeries...
- Traumatic macular hole secondary to a Q-switch Alexandrite laserLe-Tien Lin
Department of Ophthalmology, Tri-Service General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Retina 25:662-5. 2005
- Spontaneous reattachment of rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentHee Yoon Cho
Department of Ophthalmology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ophthalmology 114:581-6. 2007..To describe the clinical characteristics of spontaneous reattachment of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (SRRRD)...
- Retinal pigment epithelial tears after pegaptanib injection for exudative age-related macular degenerationRishi P Singh
Retina Service, Cole Eye Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 142:160-2. 2006..Future studies should be performed to evaluate which subtypes of lesions are most susceptible to this devastating visual complication...
- Diagnostic & therapeutic challenges. Tamoxifen toxicityPaul S Bernstein
University of Utah, Department of Ophthalmology, John A. Moran Eye Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Retina 27:982-8. 2007
- Prediction of postoperative visual outcome based on hole configuration by optical coherence tomography in eyes with idiopathic macular holesSentaro Kusuhara
Department of Organ Therapeutics, Division of Ophthalmology, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 138:709-16. 2004..To evaluate whether an index based on hole configuration can be used to predict visual outcome in eyes with idiopathic macular holes...
- Comparison of ultrahigh- and standard-resolution optical coherence tomography for imaging macular hole pathology and repairTony H Ko
Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Research Laboratory of Electronics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Ophthalmology 111:2033-43. 2004..The ability to visualize photoreceptors and their integrity or impairment is an indicator of macular hole progression and surgical outcome...
- Residual triamcinolone acetonide in the macular hole after vitrectomyMasaru Takeuchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 136:1174-6. 2003..To report a case of vitrectomy using intraocular triamcinolone acetonide (TA), in which TA remained in the macular hole after surgery...
- Reorganization of photoreceptor layer on optical coherence tomography concurrent with visual improvement after macular hole surgeryJi Eun Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Pusan, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 22:137-42. 2008..The reorganization of the photoreceptor layer plays a part in long-term improvement of visual acuity after macular hole surgery...
- Macular hole genesis: the hydration theoryPaul E Tornambe
San Diego Retinal Research Foundation, Poway, CA 92064, USA
Retina 23:421-4. 2003..Optical coherence tomography 3 images and a simple model suggest macular hole formation may be due to a defect in the inner retina with secondary vitreous fluid accumulation into the middle and outer retinal tissue...
- Outcomes of sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas tamponade for macular hole surgerySung Soo Kim
Department of Ophthalmology, Yongdong Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Retina 28:1408-15. 2008..To compare outcomes of macular hole surgery using sulfur hexafluoride (SF6) gas versus perfluoropropane (C3F8) gas for idiopathic macular hole repair...
- Internal limiting membrane removal for traumatic macular holesF Kuhn
Helen Keller Foundation, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 32:308-15. 2001..To evaluate a new surgical technique for traumatic macular holes and to provide epidemiological information for such holes...
- Macular hole size as a prognostic factor in macular hole surgeryS Ullrich
Department of Ophthalmology, Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 86:390-3. 2002..The duration of symptoms did not correlate with the diameters measured. Base and minimum diameters especially seem to be of predictive value in macular hole surgery...
- Development of macular pseudoholes: a 36-month period of follow-upMonica Varano
Fondazione per l Oftalmologia G B Bietti, Rome, Italy
Retina 22:435-42. 2002..To assess the changes in visual acuity and macular sensitivity and the possible evolution into a full-thickness macular hole in patients with macular pseudoholes during a 3-year follow-up period...
- Optical coherence tomography documentation of spontaneous macular hole closure without posterior vitreous detachmentK Bailey Freund
LuEsther T. Mertz Retinal Research Center, Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital, New York, New York 10021, USA
Retina 22:506-9. 2002
- Spontaneous closure of traumatic macular holeHaruhiko Yamada
Department of Ophthalmology, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 134:340-7. 2002..To investigate the mechanism by which traumatic macular hole closes spontaneously...
- Triamcinolone acetonide-assisted peeling of the internal limiting membraneHideya Kimura
Nagata Eye Clinic, Nara City, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 137:172-3. 2004..We report on a new technique to peel the internal limiting membrane (ILM) using triamcinolone acetonide (TA) to facilitate visualization during surgery...
- Optical coherence tomography--a review of the principles and contemporary uses in retinal investigationD Thomas
St Thomas' Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, UK
Eye 18:561-70. 2004
- Papillofoveal traction in macular hole formation: the role of optical coherence tomographyD S Chauhan
Department of Ophthalmology, United Medical Schools of Guy s and St Thomas, London, England
Arch Ophthalmol 118:32-8. 2000....
- Three-dimensional observations of developing macular holesS Kishi
Department of Ophthalmology, Gunma University School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 130:65-75. 2000..To describe the morphologic features of idiopathic macular holes and vitreous traction during macular hole evolution...
- Focal macular ERGs in eyes after removal of macular ILM during macular hole surgeryH Terasaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:229-34. 2001..In this study, the changes of each component of the focal macular electroretinograms (FMERGs) were investigated in eyes before and after the ILM was removed in the macular area during surgery for idiopathic macular holes (IMHs)...
- Perifoveal vitreous detachment is the primary pathogenic event in idiopathic macular hole formationM W Johnson
W K Kellogg Eye Center, 1000 Wall St, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 119:215-22. 2001..To evaluate the relationship between the posterior vitreous cortex and the posterior retina in eyes with early stages of idiopathic macular hole formation...
- Internal limiting membrane peeling in macular hole surgeryW E Smiddy
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami, Miami, Florida, USA
Ophthalmology 108:1471-6; discussion 1477-8. 2001..To evaluate prospectively the ability to peel epiretinal membranes and to correlate the degree of membrane peeling to anatomic success rates...
- A study of macular hole formation by serial spectral optical coherence tomographyZofia Michalewska
Jasne Blonia Eye Clinic, 91 162 Lodz, Poland
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 37:373-83. 2009..The purpose of this paper is to evaluate changes of the vitreoretinal interface in fellow eyes of eyes with a macular hole and to study early stages of macular hole formation by spectral optical coherence tomography (SOCT)...
- Pathogenesis of macular holes and therapeutic implicationsWilliam E Smiddy
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:525-37. 2004..To review the literature and identify consistencies and inconsistencies in existing theories of pathogenesis and to consider some of their possible therapeutic implications...
- Ocular manifestations of remote lightning strikeMichael S Lee
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Retina 22:808-10. 2002
- Effect of indocyanine green staining in peeling of internal limiting membrane for retinal detachment resulting from macular hole in myopic eyesYoshinori Oie
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Ophthalmology 114:303-6. 2007..To investigate the effect of using indocyanine green (ICG) to stain the internal limiting membrane (ILM) during vitrectomy in eyes with retinal detachment resulting from macular hole (MHRD)...
- Anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling compared with those after pars plana vitrectomy for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyesFumitaka Ando
EyeCare Nagoya, Nakamuraku, Nagoya shi, Japan
Retina 27:37-44. 2007..To report anatomical and visual outcomes after episcleral macular buckling (EMB) and pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) for retinal detachment caused by macular hole in highly myopic eyes with posterior staphyloma...
- Residual indocyanine green fluorescence pattern after vitrectomy for idiopathic macular hole with internal limiting membrane peelingKaori Sayanagi
Department of Ophthalmology E7, Osaka University Medical School, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 91:939-44. 2007..Internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling with indocyanine green (ICG) staining is a commonly used procedure to treat idiopathic macular holes (MH)...
- Acute macular puckerRichard M Sheard
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, England, UK
Ophthalmology 110:1178-84. 2003..The clinical features and comparative immunohistochemistry suggest that acute macular pucker is a distinct clinicopathologic entity...
- Results of high-density silicone oil as a tamponade agent in macular hole retinal detachment in patients with high myopiaBenson T O Cheung
Hong Kong Eye Hospital, 147K, Argyle Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Br J Ophthalmol 91:719-21. 2007..To evaluate the use of high-density silicone oil (HDSO) as a tamponade agent for retinal detachment secondary to myopic macular hole...
- Long-term outcomes of macular hole surgery with triamcinolone acetonide-assisted internal limiting membrane peelingKazuyuki Kumagai
Shinjo Ophthalmologic Institute, Miyazaki, Japan
Retina 27:1249-54. 2007..To report long-term anatomical and functional results after pars plana vitrectomy with internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling using triamcinolone acetonide (TA) for idiopathic macular holes...
- Preventing the deposition of triamcinolone in macular hole by use of whole blood in triamcinolone-assisted membrane peelingChi Chun Lai
Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Retina 27:932-7. 2007..To prevent triamcinolone acetonide (TA) deposition in the macular hole by use of whole blood during TA-assisted internal limiting membrane (ILM) peeling...
- Results of surgery on macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachmentM Benzerroug
Department of Ophthalmology, 1 rue Germont, Charles Nicolle University Hospital, 76000 Rouen, France
Br J Ophthalmol 92:217-9. 2008..To evaluate the characterics and surgical prognosis of macular holes that develop after rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair...
- Residual indocyanine green fluorescence pattern after vitrectomy with internal limiting membrane peeling in high myopiaKaori Sayanagi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 144:600-7. 2007..The authors observed residual ICG after vitrectomy for high myopia-related macular diseases and found a unique pattern specific to its pathologic features...
- Early closure of macular hole secondary to rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with internal limiting membrane peelingDhananjay Shukla
Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 39:81-5. 2008..One day postoperatively, the retina was attached and macular holes were closed. Follow-up ranged from 6 to 12 months (mean: 9.5 months). Visual acuity improved significantly in all patients...
- Tearing and folding of the retinal internal limiting membrane associated with macular epiretinal membraneEtienne H Bovey
Vitreoretinal Surgery Unit, Hopital Ophtalmique Jules Gonin, Lausanne, Switzerland
Retina 28:433-40. 2008..To describe the clinical and histologic features of a particular form of macular epiretinal membrane...
- Short-term outcomes of 23-gauge pars plana vitrectomyOmesh P Gupta
Retina Service, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 146:193-197. 2008..To report the initial experience and safety profile of 23-gauge pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) in eyes undergoing vitreoretinal surgery...
- Vitrectomy without postoperative posturing for idiopathic macular holesAdrian Rubinstein
Oxford Eye Hospital, Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 35:458-61. 2007..To determine the success of vitrectomy with ILM peeling and C(3)F(8) tamponade for macular holes without the need for postoperative face-down posturing...
- [Internal limiting membrane removal. Mechanical and fluid membranectomy]Jacek Robaszkiewicz
Kliniki Okulistycznej, Wojskowego Instytutu Medycznego, Warszawie
Klin Oczna 108:464-6. 2006..Indications for the type of this procedure were significantly enhanced, as well...
- Delayed closure after surgery for a full-thickness macular hole in a highly myopic eyeIlias Georgalas
Can J Ophthalmol 42:341-2. 2007
- Internal limiting membrane peeling with indocyanine green or trypan blue in macular hole surgery: a randomized trialJulia Beutel
University Eye Clinic, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Lubeck, University at Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
Arch Ophthalmol 125:326-32. 2007..To report on anatomical and visual outcomes after vitrectomy and internal limiting membrane peeling for idiopathic macular hole repair...
- Idiopathic macular hole surgery with low-concentration infracyanine green-assisted peeling of the internal limiting membranePaolo Lanzetta
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Am J Ophthalmol 142:771-6. 2006..To evaluate the efficacy of pars plana vitrectomy with infracyanine green (IFCG)-assisted internal limiting membrane peeling for the treatment of idiopathic macular hole...
- Long-term follow-up of indocyanine green-assisted peeling of the retinal internal limiting membrane during vitrectomy surgery for idiopathic macular hole repairAndrea P Da Mata
Cincinnati Eye Institute, Cincinnati, Ohio 45242, USA
Ophthalmology 111:2246-53. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Long-term follow-up of patients who underwent ICG-assisted ILM peeling for idiopathic macular hole repair demonstrates excellent anatomic and visual results...
- Removal of the internal limiting membrane under perfluorocarbon liquid to treat macular-hole-associated retinal detachmentPeriklis D Brazitikos
Department of Ophthalmology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Am J Ophthalmol 135:894-6. 2003..To demonstrate the advantages and efficacy of internal limiting membrane removal under perfluorocarbon liquid in macular-hole-associated retinal detachment...
- Changes in retinal pigment epithelium after indocyanine green-assisted internal limiting lamina peeling during macular hole surgeryRiyo Uemoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 140:752-5. 2005....
- Efficacy of internal limiting membrane removal for retinal detachments resulting from a myopic macular holeRiyo Uemoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Toho University Sakura Hospital, Sakura, Japan
Retina 24:560-6. 2004..To evaluate the efficacy of internal limiting membrane (ILM) or epiretinal membrane removal during pars plana vitrectomy for a retinal detachment resulting from a macular hole in myopic eyes...
- Re: Is removal of internal limiting membrane always necessary during stage 3 idiopathic macular hole surgery?Sergey Alpatov
Retina 25:949; author reply 949. 2005
- Senile schisis detachment with posterior outer layer breaksH Hoerauf
Department of Ophthalmology, , Germany
Retina 21:602-12. 2001..Resection of the inner layer seems to increase the risk for epiretinal membrane formation...
- Pneumatic retinopexy for inferior retinal breaksAhmad M Mansour
Department of Ophthalmology, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Ophthalmology 112:1771-6. 2005..To introduce a pneumatic retinopexy positioning for the management of retinal detachment from inferior retinal breaks after failed scleral buckle...
- Macular hole diameter after vitrectomy for macular hole and retinal detachmentKaori Sayanagi
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Retina 25:608-11. 2005..We measured postoperative macular hole (MH) size after vitrectomy for MH and retinal detachment (MHRD) in high myopia and investigated potentially associated factors...
- Effect on visual outcome after macular hole surgery when staining the internal limiting membrane with indocyanine green dyeNaoichi Horio
Department of Ophthalmology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Arch Ophthalmol 122:992-6. 2004....
- Central scotoma associated with intraocular silicone oil tamponade develops before oil removalE N Herbert
St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, SE1 7EH, UK
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:248-52. 2006..Unexplained sudden visual loss after removal of silicone oil from the eye has recently been described. We report the occurrence and features of unexplained central scotoma developing with silicone oil in situ in the vitreous cavity...
- Long-term vitreous replacement with perfluorohexyloctane and silicone oil: preliminary reports of a multicentric studyStanislao Rizzo
Ospedale Santa Chiara, Pisa, Italy
Ophthalmologica 219:147-53. 2005..To report on the use of a combined intra-ocular tamponade with silicone oil and perfluorohexyloctane (F(6)H(8)) in the treatment of complex retinal detachment...
- Our experience with perfluorohexyloctane (F6H8) as a temporary endotamponade in vitreoretinal surgeryM I Stefaniotou
Department of Ophthalmology, University Eye Clinic of Ioannina, Greece
Eur J Ophthalmol 12:518-22. 2002..To evaluate the use of F6H8 as a temporary endotamponade for complicated and special cases of retinal detachment instead of silicone oil...
- Perfluorohexylethan (O62) as ocular endotamponade in complex vitreoretinal surgeryHans Hoerauf
Department of Ophthalmology, , , Germany
Retina 25:479-88. 2005..CONCLUSION: O62 showed good tamponade properties for the inferior retina over 6 weeks. However, its use as a postoperative retinal tamponade is limited by its severe emulsification propensity and unclear inflammatory potential...
- Additional intravitreal gas injection in the early postoperative period for an unclosed macular hole treated with internal limiting membrane peelingMasahito Imai
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
Retina 25:158-61. 2005..To study the efficacy of additional intravitreal gas injection for unclosed macular holes within 2 weeks after surgery with internal limiting membrane peeling...
- Is removal of internal limiting membrane always necessary during stage 3 idiopathic macular hole surgery?Tetsushi Kimura
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Retina 25:54-8. 2005..To determine the indications for internal limiting membrane (ILM) removal in stage 3 idiopathic macular holes (MHs)...
- Vitreous surgery in highly myopic retinal detachment resulting from a macular holeLin Lu
Eye Hospital, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 30:261-5. 2002..This study aimed to assess the therapeutic effect of vitreous surgery in conjunction with photocoagulation for highly myopic retinal detachment resulting from a macular hole...
- [Observation of early closure of idiopathic macular hole after vitrectomy surgery with internal limiting membrane peeling]Mingying Lai
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Yan Ke Xue Bao 20:93-7. 2004..It suggests that there are no or very little tissue loss in the process of idiopathic macular hole, after dismissing the mechanic traction caused by vitreous especially ILM, the hole could be closed...
- Effect of internal limiting membrane removal in treatment of retinal detachment caused by myopic macular holeHeeyoon Cho
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Ophthalmol 18:141-7. 2004..0%). In conclusion, these results suggest that the removal of the perifoveal internal limiting membrane may be an important adjuvant in the treatment of the myopic macular hole with retinal detachment...
- Efficacy of autologous plasmin for idiopathic macular hole surgeryT Sakuma
Department of Ophthalmology, Juntendo University, Urayasu Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Eur J Ophthalmol 15:787-94. 2005..However, vitreous surgery became easier, and it required a shorter time to close the macular hole with intravitreal plasmin...
- Pars plana vitrectomy with gas tamponade for lamellar macular holesMayumi Hirakawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima City Hospital, 20-17 Kajiya-cho, Kagoshima 892-8580, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 140:1154-1155. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: Vitrectomy with gas tamponade may be an effective method for a lamellar macular hole with poor visual acuity...
- Modified technique for safer indocyanine-green-assisted peeling of the internal limiting membrane during vitrectomy for macular hole repairStanislao Rizzo
Santa Chiara Hospital, Eye Surgery Clinic, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1615-9. 2006..To reduce its toxicity and to avoid contact between ICG and the RPE, we have developed a modified technique by using autologous whole blood...
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF THE MACULAR CAROTENOIDSPaul Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..This grant proposal will provide valuable insights into the physiology of the macular carotenoid pigments in the normal eye and a greater understanding of the alterations that may occur with aging and degenerative processes. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF THE MACULAR CAROTENOIDSPaul Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..This grant proposal will provide valuable insights into the physiology of the macular carotenoid pigments in the normal eye and a greater understanding of the alterations that may occur with aging and degenerative processes. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF THE MACULAR CAROTENOIDSPAUL STEVEN BERNSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This grant proposal will provide valuable insights into the physiology of the macular carotenoid pigments in the normal eye and a greater understanding of the alterations that may occur with aging and degenerative processes. ..
- THE IMPORTANCE OF MACROPHAGE SENESCENCE IN REGULATING ANGIOGENESIS IN THE EYERajendra S Apte; Fiscal Year: 2010..We aim to understand the mechanisms by which macrophage dysfunction promotes disease progression and hope to provide new insights in order to design future therapies to prevent blindness from these diseases. ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2007..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..
- Immune Mechanisms in Choroidal NeovascularizationRajendra Apte; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastasisHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Both the IFN and angiostatin will prevent the progression of micrometastases into metastases by anti-angiogenesis. Angiostatin will prevent metastases by an anti-melanoma invasion effect. ..
- SUBMACULAR SURGERY TRIALS PATHOLOGY CENTERHans Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2003..Additionally, eyes obtained post-mortem from patients enrolled in the SST will be studied for pathologic correlation with clinical findings and outcomes. ..
- Eye Disease in Cuban-American and Puerto Rican AdultsIngrid Scott; Fiscal Year: 2003..g. NEI-VFQ 25) and eye service use. Subjects who refuse will be questioned as to reason(s) for refusal. ..
- BIOCHEMISTRY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF THE MACULAR CAROTENOIDSPaul Bernstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Control of Eye Melanoma MetastsisHans E Grossniklaus; Fiscal Year: 2010..The third aim determines the mechanism of combined angiostatin/IFN control of the micrometastases using methods in the first two aims. ..