Genomes and Genes
leydig cell tumor
Summary: Gonadal interstitial or stromal cell neoplasm composed of only LEYDIG CELLS. These tumors may produce one or more of the steroid hormones such as ANDROGENS; ESTROGENS; and CORTICOSTEROIDS. Clinical symptoms include testicular swelling, GYNECOMASTIA, sexual precocity in children, or virilization (VIRILISM) in females.
Publications221 found, 100 shown here
- Use of antibodies against LH receptor, 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase and vimentin to characterize different types of testicular tumour in dogsM A Peters
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Reproduction 121:287-96. 2001..Overall, this panel of antibodies can be very useful for determination of the identity of testicular tumours in which histological characterization is complicated and the pathogenesis of feminization is not clear...
- Gonadotropin-independent precocious puberty associated with a somatic activating mutation of the LH receptor gene: detection of a mutation present in only a small fraction of cells from testicular tissue using wild-type blocking polymerase chain reaction Katsumi Goji
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Kobe Children s Hospital, Suma ku, Kobe 654 0081, Japan
Endocrine 35:397-401. 2009..We report a molecular study of a boy with gonadotropin-independent precocious puberty caused by a Leydig cell tumor.
- Insulin-like growth factor-I, regulating aromatase expression through steroidogenic factor 1, supports estrogen-dependent tumor Leydig cell proliferationRosa Sirianni
Department of Pharmaco Biology, University of Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Cosenza, Italy
Cancer Res 67:8368-77. 2007The aim of this study was to investigate the role of estrogens in Leydig cell tumor proliferation. We used R2C rat Leydig tumor cells and testicular samples from Fischer rats with a developed Leydig tumor...
- Identification of the estrogen receptor GPER in neoplastic and non-neoplastic human testesVittoria Rago
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Calabria, Italy
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 9:135. 2011..Recently, a G-protein-coupled-receptor (GPER) has been suggested as being involved in rapid responses to estrogens in different normal and tumor cells...
- Mastermind-like domain-containing 1 (MAMLD1 or CXorf6) transactivates the Hes3 promoter, augments testosterone production, and contains the SF1 target sequenceMaki Fukami
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:5525-32. 2008..We designate CXorf6 as MAMLD1 (mastermind-like domain-containing 1) based on its characteristic structure...
- Lack of efficacy of imatinib in a patient with metastatic Leydig cell tumorMichael Froehner
Department of Urology, University Hospital, Technical University of Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:716-8. 2006..Studies in vitro and in a mouse model suggested that the imatinib might also be active in malignant Leydig cell tumor. We report on the--to our knowledge--first treatment experiment with imatinib in a patient with metastatic ..
- Enucleation for prepubertal leydig cell tumorC Gerry Henderson
Division of Pediatric Urology, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
J Urol 176:703-5. 2006..We present our experience with testis sparing enucleation of Leydig cell tumor in prepubertal boys.
- Monobutyl phthalate inhibits steroidogenesis by downregulating steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression in mouse Leydig tumor cells (MLTC-1)Yu Bang Wang
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine of Jiangsu Province, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
J Toxicol Environ Health A 70:947-55. 2007..Data indicate that MBP interfered with steroid hormone production by affecting StAR expression in MLTC-1 cells...
- Leydig cell tumor of the testis: comparison of histopathological and immunohistochemical features of three azoospermic cases and one malignant caseM Hekimgil
Department of Pathology, Ege University Faculty of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Pathol Int 51:792-6. 2001..cell tumors, and we believe that a panel of antibodies, including Ki-67, p53 and bcl-2, used for immunohistochemical analysis could be of diagnostic value in the identification of malignant and borderline cases of Leydig cell tumor.
- Testicular Leydig cell tumor diagnosed on fine needle aspirationUma Handa
Department of Pathology, Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector 32A, Chandigarh, India
Diagn Cytopathol 38:682-4. 2010We report on the cytopathologic findings of a Leydig cell tumor of the testis in an adult male with no evidence of endocrine dysfunction...
- Hyperandrogenism due to a testosterone-secreting Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor associated with a dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate-secreting adrenal adenoma in a postmenopausal woman: case presentation and review of literatureJorge D Herrera
Section of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Hospital Dr Guillermo Rawson, School of Medicine, Catholic University of Cuyo, San Juan, Argentina
Endocr Pract 15:149-52. 2009To report a case of hyperandrogenism attributable to the presence of an adrenal adenoma secreting dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) and an ovarian Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor secreting testosterone in a postmenopausal woman.
- A rare cause of hypertestosteronemia in a 68-year-old patient: a Leydig cell tumor due to a somatic GNAS (guanine nucleotide-binding protein, alpha-stimulating activity polypeptide 1)-activating mutationRossella Libe
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Unité 1016, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Cancer, Institut Cochin, Paris, France
J Androl 33:578-84. 2012..After left orchiectomy, histologic examination confirmed the diagnosis of Leydig cell tumor, and steroid hormone levels normalized...
- Elevated serum estradiol suggesting recurrence of Leydig cell tumor nine years after radical orchiectomyToshihiro Maeda
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Int J Urol 9:659-61. 2002We report a case of a Leydig cell tumor that showed retroperitoneal lymph node metastasis 9 years after radical orchiectomy. Elevated serum estradiol (E2) suggested recurrence of the Leydig cell tumor...
- Nandrolone and stanozolol induce Leydig cell tumor proliferation through an estrogen-dependent mechanism involving IGF-I systemAdele Chimento
Department of Pharmaco Biology, University of Calabria, Cosenza, Italy
J Cell Physiol 227:2079-88. 2012..study we aimed to determine if nandrolone and stanozolol, two commonly used AAS, could have an effect on Leydig cell tumor proliferation and if their effects could be potentiated by the concomitant use of IGF-I...
- Development of true precocious puberty following treatment of a Leydig cell tumor of the testisA A Ghazi
Department of Endocrinology, Taleghani Hospital, Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 14:1679-81. 2001We report a prepubertal boy who developed true precocious puberty following unilateral orchidectomy for the treatment of a Leydig cell tumor.
- Imatinib mesylate inhibits Leydig cell tumor growth: evidence for in vitro and in vivo activitySabrina Basciani
Department of Medical Physiopathology, Policlinico Umberto I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Cancer Res 65:1897-903. 2005..kinases, on the growth of rodent Leydig tumor cell lines in vivo and in vitro, and examined, in human Leydig cell tumor samples, the expression of activated PDGFR and c-kit and the mutations in exons of the c-kit gene commonly ..
- Molecular mechanisms mediating the effect of mono-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate on hormone-stimulated steroidogenesis in MA-10 mouse tumor Leydig cellsJinjiang Fan
The Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal General Hospital, 1650 Cedar Avenue, Room C10 148, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3G 1A4
Endocrinology 151:3348-62. 2010..A model for the mechanism of MEHP action on MA-10 Leydig cell steroidogenesis is proposed...
- Bilateral Leydig cell tumor in a six-year-old intersex goat affected by Polled Intersex SyndromeL V Monteagudo
Laboratory of Cytogenetics and Molecular Genetics, University of Zaragoza, Faculty of Veterinary Science, Zaragoza, Spain
Vet Pathol 45:42-5. 2008..An advanced Leydig cell tumor, resulting in almost total destruction of the intratesticular structures, was also observed...
- Mouse Leydig tumor cells produce C-19 steroids, including testosteroneNirmal S Panesar
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, New Territories, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Shatin, PR China
Steroids 68:245-51. 2003The mouse Leydig tumor cells (MLTC-1) were derived from a transplantable Leydig cell tumor carried in C57BL/6 mice. The original cell line (M5480) produced testosterone and little progesterone...
- [Leydig cell tumor: report of 8 cases and review of the literature]G Cruceyra Betriu
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid
Actas Urol Esp 26:36-40. 2002b>Leydig cell tumor is the most frequent non-germ cell tumors of testis, included in the group of specialized gonadal stromal neoplasms. It has a low incidence, accounting for 1-3% of testicular neoplasms...
- Long-term followup and clinical characteristics of testicular Leydig cell tumor: experience with 24 casesLuca Carmignani
Urology Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan, Italy
J Urol 176:2040-3; discussion 2043. 2006..We performed a retrospective multicenter evaluation of clinical and histological characteristics as well as followup of Leydig cell tumors...
- Leydig cell tumor: an unusual presentationUsha Agrawal
Institute of Pathology, ICMR, Safdarjang Hospital Campus, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 52:395-6. 2009b>Leydig cell tumor is a benign tumor of the testis and malignant transformation, if present, is rare. The case presented here showed certain features of malignancy but no infiltration beyond the capsule or metastasis...
- Leydig cell tumor in an elderly patient with complete androgen insensitivity syndromeIchiro Iwamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 96:870-2. 2005..Testicular tumors often develop in patients with AIS, Sertoli cell tumor and seminoma being the most common types. Leydig cell tumor in AIS is extremely rare.
- Detection of aromatase and estrogen receptors (ERalpha, ERbeta1, ERbeta2) in human Leydig cell tumorAmalia Carpino
Department of Cell Biology, University of Calabria, Arcavacata di Rende, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 157:239-44. 2007A Leydig cell tumor is a rare neoplasm, deriving from the interstitial cells, whose pathogenesis has not been still defined. Leydig cells of normal adult testis are known as physiological targets for estrogens...
- Leydig cell tumor in two brothers with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 11-β hydroxylase deficiency: a case reportPegah Entezari
Pediatric Urology Research Center, Pediatric Center of Excellence, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, No 32, 2nd Floor, 7th Street, Saadat Abad, Ave, Tehran 1998714616, Iran
Int Urol Nephrol 44:133-7. 2012..Two differential diagnoses were noticed for both patients: testicular adrenal rest tumors (TART) and Leydig cell tumor (LCT). In this study the tumors were yellow, firm, and non-tender with intra-testicular location...
- Leydig cell tumor and malignant lymphoma in a patient with nonclassical 21-hydroxylase deficiencyHidefumi Inaba
Department of Aging and Geriatrics, Shinshu University, Matsumoto, Japan
Intern Med 48:601-5. 2009..Five years earlier, he underwent simultaneous surgeries for an adrenal adenoma, a benign Leydig cell tumor (LCT), and a malignant lymphoma...
- Lessons from 52 patients with leydig cell tumor of the testis: the GUONE (North-Eastern Uro-Oncological Group, Italy) experienceFulvio Di Tonno
Division of Urology, Hospital of Mestre Venice, Italy
Urol Int 82:152-7. 2009..The goal of the study was to define treatment rules for the uncommon, rarely (10%) malignant and chemorefractory Leydig cell tumors (LCT) of the testis...
- Histologic and immunohistochemical characterization of a testicular mixed germ cell sex cord-stromal tumor and a leydig cell tumor in a dogM A Owston
Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory and Department of Comparative Pathobiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, 406 South University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2065, USA
Vet Pathol 44:936-43. 2007..We describe the histopathology and immunohistochemical characteristics of an MGSCT associated with a Leydig cell tumor in a cryptorchid testis...
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia and Leydig cell tumor of testis. Case report and review of literatureAntonio Santoriello
Second University of Naples, School of Medicine, Unit of General and Geriatric Surgery, Naples, Italy
Ann Ital Chir 81:445-8. 2010..This report describes a case of a monorchid patient suffering from Adrenogenital Syndrome and Leydig cell tumor of his testis...
- A malignant Leydig cell tumor of the testisKoichi Sugimoto
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Kinki University, 2 377 Ohnohigashi, 589 8511, Osakasayama, Osaka, Japan
Int Urol Nephrol 38:291-2. 2006..We performed right high orchiectomy. Histologically, Reinke's crystals and capsular invasion by tumor cells were found. Final diagnosis, the tumor was a malignant Leydig cell tumor of the testis.
- Conservative surgical therapy for leydig cell tumorLuca Carmignani
Urology Unit, Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milan, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Milan, Italy
J Urol 178:507-11; discussion 511. 2007We performed a long-term evaluation of conservative surgical treatment of benign Leydig cell tumor.
- A peptidomimetic antagonist of the integrin alpha(v)beta3 inhibits Leydig cell tumor growth and the development of hypercalcemia of malignancyC P Carron
Department of Discovery Pharmacology, Searle Research and Development, Monsanto Company, St Louis, Missouri 63198, USA
Cancer Res 58:1930-5. 1998..A xenogeneic severe combined immune deficiency mouse/rat Leydig cell tumor model was developed for testing SC-68448 as an inhibitor of tumor growth in vivo...
- An in-depth look at Leydig cell tumor of the testisOsama M Al-Agha
Department of Pathology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, 450 Clarkson Ave, Box 25, Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 131:311-7. 2007b>Leydig cell tumor (LCT) is a rare tumor of the male testicular interstitium...
- A painless testicular mass in a 50-year-old man. Leydig cell tumor of the testis, microcystic variantEmily Loyd
Department of Pathology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:e39-40. 2006
- Cytologic features of testicular tumours in dogC Masserdotti
Clinica Veterinaria S Antonio, via Montale 2, Salò BS, Italy
J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med 52:339-46. 2005..The specificity was 100% for all three tumour types. In our experience cytology of fine needle aspirations of testicular tumours is a very reliable technique...
- Effects of Tremella mesenterica on steroidogenesis in MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cellsH C Lo
Department of Medical Education and Research, Changhua Christian Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan, Republic of China
Arch Androl 51:285-94. 2005..Taken together, present studies suggested that TM suppressed hCG-treated steroidogenesis in MA-10 cells without any toxicity effect...
- A novel targeted therapy of Leydig and granulosa cell tumors through the luteinizing hormone receptor using a hecate-chorionic gonadotropin beta conjugate in transgenic miceGabriel Bodek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn 10 714, Poland
Neoplasia 7:497-508. 2005..These results prove the principle that the Hecate-CGbeta conjugate provides a novel specific lead into gonadal somatic cell cancer therapy by targeted destruction of LHR-expressing tumor cells...
- Leydig cell tumor and hyperplasia: a reviewMaurizio Colecchia
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Institute Foundation, Milan, Italy
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 29:139-47. 2007..Recent acquisitions on etiology and pathobiology of Leydig cell proliferations, unusual microscopic presentations and clinical and morphologic features predictive of malignancy are reported...
- High incidence of benign testicular neoplasms diagnosed by ultrasoundLuca Carmignani
Urology Unit, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dental Sciences, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Via Antonio Di Rudini 8, Milan, Italy 20142
J Urol 170:1783-6. 2003....
- A constitutively active somatic mutation of the human lutropin receptor found in Leydig cell tumors activates the same families of G proteins as germ line mutations associated with Leydig cell hyperplasiaTakashi Hirakawa
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Endocrinology 144:3872-8. 2003..The data presented here suggest that such mechanisms do not need to be considered...
- Inhibition of thromboxane a synthase activity enhances steroidogenesis and steroidogenic acute regulatory gene expression in MA-10 mouse Leydig cellsXingJia Wang
Garrison Institute on Aging, Department of Neuropsychiatry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Endocrinology 149:851-7. 2008....
- Aneuploidy of human testicular germ cell tumors is associated with amplification of centrosomesFrank Mayer
Pathology Laboratory for Experimental Patho Oncology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Oncogene 22:3859-66. 2003..Therefore, aneuploidy of testicular germ cell tumors is associated with amplified centrosomes probably unrelated to STK15...
- A novel approach of targeted ablation of mammary carcinoma cells through luteinizing hormone receptors using Hecate-CGbeta conjugateGabriel Bodek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 79:1-10. 2003..At a concentration of 33 microM the conjugate inhibited (50%; IC50) the binding of CG to LHR. We suggest further development of this novel approach for the treatment of breast cancer by the Hecate-CGbeta for in vivo trials...
- Expression of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system and steroidogenic enzymes in canine testis tumorsMonique A J Peters
Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universiteit Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:22. 2003..It was concluded that Sertoli cell tumors and seminomas have a comparable expression of the IGF system while Leydig cell tumors have a different pattern, suggesting difference in pathobiology among these types of tumors...
- Activation of the lutropin/choriogonadotropin receptor in MA-10 cells leads to the tyrosine phosphorylation of the focal adhesion kinase by a pathway that involves Src family kinasesTetsuya Mizutani
Department of Pharmacology, 2 319B BSB, 51 Newton Road, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242 1109, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:619-30. 2006....
- Inhibitory actions of lead on steroidogenesis in MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cellsB M Huang
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, National Cheng Kung University, Medical College, Tainan 704, Taiwan
Arch Androl 50:5-9. 2004....
- Testicular-sparing microsurgery for suspected testicular massesGiovanni Maria Colpi
Andrology Unit, San Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
BJU Int 96:67-9. 2005..To describe a microsurgical technique for removing suspected testicular masses with sparing of the testicular parenchyma, and to describe case studies...
- Leydig-cell tumors caused by an activating mutation of the gene encoding the luteinizing hormone receptorG Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Medical School and Children s Memorial Institute for Education and Research, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
N Engl J Med 341:1731-6. 1999
- Gene and protein profiling of the response of MA-10 Leydig tumor cells to human chorionic gonadotropinWenping Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Basic Sciences Bldg, 3900 Reservoir Rd, Washington, DC 20057, USA
J Androl 25:900-13. 2004....
- Feasibility of simultaneous testicular microdissection for sperm retrieval and ipsilateral testicular tumor resection in azoospermic menSaleh Binsaleh
Department of Urology, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Center, 687 Pine Ave West, S6 95, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
J Androl 25:867-71. 2004
- [Gynaecomastia and male infertility as symptoms of a nonpalpable Leydig cell tumour]J E van de Riet
Academisch Medisch Centrum Universiteit van Amsterdam, Postbus 22 660, 1100 DD Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 150:1839-43. 2006..Besides history taking, physical examination of breasts and testicles, hormonal screening and scrotal sonography should be performed as some testicular neoplasms are not apparent on palpation...
- Detection of testicular ultrasonographic lesions in severe male infertilityLuca Carmignani
Urology Unit, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dental Sciences, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Via Antonio Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
J Urol 172:1045-7. 2004..We retrospectively assessed the number and histology of testicular lesions diagnosed clinically and by ultrasonography in a population of infertile men...
- Dual role of histamine in modulation of Leydig cell steroidogenesis via HRH1 and HRH2 receptor subtypesCarolina Mondillo
Lab of Molecular Endocrinology and Signal Transduction, Institute of Biology and Experimental Medicine CONICET, CP 1428, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 73:899-907. 2005....
- Low temperature blocks the stimulatory effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on steroidogenic acute regulatory protein mRNA and testosterone production but not cyclic adenosine monophosphate in mouse Leydig tumor cellsN S Panesar
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin
Metabolism 53:955-8. 2004..Although hibernation may lead to decreased steroid hormone production, it is also likely that cold-mediated decreased steroid hormone production induces hibernation...
- [Testicular neoplasms (germ cell tumors, Leydig cell tumor, Sertoli cell tumor)]Mutsushi Kawakita
Department of Urology, Kobe City General Hospital
Nihon Rinsho . 2006
- The expression and function of androgen receptor coactivator p44 and protein arginine methyltransferase 5 in the developing testis and testicular tumorsJohn J Liang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Urol 177:1918-22. 2007..We studied the expression of p44 and protein arginine methyltransferase 5 in developing fetal testis and adult testicular tumors, including seminomas and Leydig cell tumors...
- Surgery in infants and children with testicular and paratesticular tumours: a single centre experience over a 25-year-periodR B Tröbs
Kinderchirurgische Klinik, Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Widumer Strasse 8, 44627 Herne
Klin Padiatr 219:146-51. 2007..3. The presence of sufficient healthy testicular parenchyma. However, the high rate of malignant or potentially malignant tumours suggests that high inguinal orchidectomy should remain the surgical standard of therapy...
- Effects of overexpression of CXCL10 (cytokine-responsive gene-2) on MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cell steroidogenesis and proliferationMadan L Nagpal
Research Service, W J B Dorn Veterans Medical Center, Columbia, South Carolina 29209, USA
J Endocrinol 183:585-94. 2004..CXCL10 has the potential to be used in gene therapy for prostate cancer due to its antiangiogenic effect and its inhibitory effect on steroidogenesis...
- Non-tumoural parenchyma in Leydig cell tumours: pathogenetic considerationsM M Cajaiba
Department of Pathology, Hospital La Paz, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Int J Androl 31:331-6. 2008..The significance of these associations merits further investigation regarding a common pathogenesis...
- PPARalpha agonist-induced rodent tumors: modes of action and human relevanceJames E Klaunig
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Crit Rev Toxicol 33:655-780. 2003....
- Expression of ghrelin and its functional receptor, the type 1a growth hormone secretagogue receptor, in normal human testis and testicular tumorsF Gaytan
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology, and Immunology, University of Cordoba, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:400-9. 2004..Ghrelin immunoreactivity was absent in poorly differentiated Leydig cell tumor, which retained the expression of GHS-R1a peptide...
- [Testicular tumors--a current review]S Buse
Klinik für Urologie, Kantonsspital St Gallen
Praxis (Bern 1994) 92:1989-97. 2003..The following treatment depends on the staging: wait and see, radiotherapy or chemotherapy. Testicular cancer is characterised by a good cure rate (98-100% early stages) or recurrence free survival (80-90% late stages)...
- Extratesticular interstitial and Sertoli cell tumors in previously neutered dogs and cats: a report of 17 casesAngela L Doxsee
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario
Can Vet J 47:763-6. 2006..Several possibilities, including the presence of embryological ectopic tissue or the presence of testicular tissue transplanted during castration, are considered as causal...
- Mechanisms of epidermal growth factor signaling: regulation of steroid biosynthesis and the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in mouse Leydig tumor cellsPulak R Manna
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Biol Reprod 67:1393-404. 2002..These findings provide novel insights into the mEGF-induced regulatory cascades associated with steroid synthesis and StAR protein expression in mouse Leydig cells...
- Functional assessment of the calcium messenger system in cultured mouse Leydig tumor cells: regulation of human chorionic gonadotropin-induced expression of the steroidogenic acute regulatory proteinP R Manna
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 140:1739-51. 1999..The stimulatory effect of hCG that rapidly increases [Ca2+]i is responsible at least in part for the regulation of SF-1-mediated StAR expression that consequently regulates steroidogenesis in mouse Leydig tumor cells...
- Biphasic action of prolactin in the regulation of murine Leydig tumor cell functionsP R Manna
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biomedicine, University of Turku, Kiinamyllynkatu 10, FIN-20520 Turku, Finland
Endocrinology 142:308-18. 2001..Collectively, these findings clearly demonstrate the biphasic regulatory actions of PRL, and clarify some facets of the controversial role of this hormone in Leydig cell function...
- Gonadotropins, via cAMP, negatively regulate GATA-1 gene expression in testicular cellsZhifang Zhang
Population Council, New York, New York 10021, USA
Endocrinology 143:829-36. 2002..The inhibitory effect on GATA-1 gene expression was specific to testicular cells and was not observed in erythroid cells...
- GATA DNA-binding protein expressed in mouse I-10 Leydig testicular tumor cellsR Nakagawa
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Osaka University, Osaka, Suita, 565-0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 283:412-6. 2001..Thus the conserved zinc finger domain of GATA proteins is suggested to contribute to the binding sequence preference. GATA-4 expressed in I-10 cells was not susceptible to proteolysis coupled with cAMP signaling...
- Testicular tumors in childrenA O Ciftci
Departments of Pediatric Surgery and Pediatric Oncology, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 36:1796-801. 2001..trends emphasize that testis-sparing surgery should be performed for benign lesions such as teratoma, leydig cell tumor, and epidermoid cyst based on frozen biopsy findings...
- Immunohistochemical detection of inhibin-alpha, -betaB, and -betaA chains and 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase in canine testicular tumors and normal testesH Taniyama
Department of Veterinary Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Rakuno Gakuen University, Ebetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Vet Pathol 38:661-6. 2001..The concentration of inhibin in the plasma was markedly decreased by the surgical removal of the Leydig cell tumor in one dog...
- Identification and characterization of a novel human testis-specific kinase substrate gene which is downregulated in testicular tumorsA Scorilas
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 285:400-8. 2001..These observations suggest a role of TSKS in testicular physiology, most probably in the process of spermatogenesis or spermiogenesis...
- Growth-arrest and inhomogenous echotexture of the affected testis after tumor enucleation for unilateral Leydig cell tumorR B Tröbs
Departments of Pediatric Surgery, Pediatrics, and Pathology, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 36:E20. 2001The authors report on an 8-year-old boy with unilateral left-sided Leydig cell tumor. After enucleation of the tumor, endocrine disturbances resolved...
- Direct luteinizing hormone action triggers adrenocortical tumorigenesis in castrated mice transgenic for the murine inhibin alpha-subunit promoter/simian virus 40 T-antigen fusion gene- Rilianawati
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Mol Endocrinol 12:801-9. 1998..In conclusion, the high level of functional LHR in the adrenal tumors indicates that this receptor can function as tumor promoter when ectopically expressed and stimulated by the ligand hormone...
- The human peripheral benzodiazepine receptor gene: cloning and characterization of alternative splicing in normal tissues and in a patient with congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasiaD Lin
Department of Pediatrics, University of California at San Francisco 94143 0978
Genomics 18:643-50. 1993..RT-PCR analysis of testicular RNA from such a patient, sequencing of the cDNA, and blotting analysis of genomic DNA all indicate that the gene and mRNA for the PBR component of mBzR are normal in this disease...
- Effects of amphetamine on steroidogenesis in MA-10 mouse Leydig tumor cellsLiang Yu Chen
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Life Sci 72:1983-95. 2003..05). These results suggested that amphetamine enhanced hCG-induced progesterone production in MA-10 cells by increasing P450scc activity without influencing StAR protein and P450scc enzyme expression or 3beta-HSD enzyme activity...
- Differential regulation of steroid hormone biosynthesis in R2C and MA-10 Leydig tumor cells: role of SR-B1-mediated selective cholesteryl ester transportRekha M Rao
Department of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Biol Reprod 68:114-21. 2003....
- Spermatogenesis and testicular tumours in ageing dogsM A Peters
Department of Cell Biology, University Medical Centre, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Reprod Fertil Suppl 57:419-21. 2001..In conclusion, it appears that spermatogenesis per se does not decrease during ageing in dogs. However, the occurrence of testicular tumours increases with age and this may affect spermatogenesis significantly...
- Biochemical properties of the agonist-induced desensitization of the follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone/chorionic gonadotropin-responsive adenylyl cyclase in cells expressing the recombinant gonadotropin receptorsJ Sanchez-Yague
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242 1109
Endocrinology 132:1007-16. 1993..A change in the functional properties of the gonadotropin receptors appears to be the most likely mechanism for desensitization...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of cyclins in canine normal testes and testicular tumorsY Murakami
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Faculty of Agriculture, Miyazaki University, Gakuen Kibana Dai, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 63:909-12. 2001..High levels of cyclin A expression in canine seminomas indicate that the neoplastic germ cells may be arrested at the spermatogonia and primary spermatocyte stages of differentiation...
- Canine testicular tumours: a study on 232 dogsV Grieco
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Sezione di Anatomia Patologica Veterinaria e Patologia Aviare, Milano, Italy
J Comp Pathol 138:86-9. 2008..The results suggest that, as reported in man, testicular tumours in dogs have increased during the past 40 years. Further studies should investigate the possible causative role of environmental pollutants...
- The mouse inhibin alpha-subunit promoter directs SV40 T-antigen to Leydig cells in transgenic miceK Kananen
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, Finland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 119:135-46. 1996..This gonadal tumor model is valuable for further studies on endocrine functions of Leydig cells and their tumorigenesis in vivo and in vitro...
- Identification of the most sensitive and robust immunohistochemical markers in different categories of ovarian sex cord-stromal tumorsChengquan Zhao
Department of Pathology, Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:354-66. 2009..of ovarian sex cord-stromal tumors: adult granulosa cell tumor (n=32), Sertoli cell tumor (n=27), Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor (n=18), steroid cell tumor (n=25), and fibroma/fibrothecoma (n=25)...
- OCT4: a novel biomarker for dysgerminoma of the ovaryLiang Cheng
Departments of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, University Hospital 3465, 550 North University Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1341-6. 2004..All nondysgerminomatous tumors (mature teratoma, 14; yolk sac tumor, 4; Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor, 15; granulosa cell tumor, 22; Brenner tumor, 3; carcinoid tumor, 4; struma ovarii, 2; fibroma, 5; thecoma, ..
- Clinical syndromes associated with ovarian neoplasms: a comprehensive reviewAlampady Krishna Prasad Shanbhogue
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Radiographics 30:903-19. 2010..with either hyperestrogenism (as in granulosa cell tumor and thecoma) or hyperandrogenism (as in Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor and Leydig cell tumor)...
- Localization of the steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in human tissuesS E Pollack
Center for Research on Reproduction and Women s Health, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 82:4243-51. 1997..Ovaries with hyperthecosis contained areas of intense thecal staining. An ovarian Leydig cell tumor stained intensely, whereas granulosa cell tumors were negative...
- Primary amenorrhea in a young Polish woman with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome and Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor: identification of a new androgen receptor gene mutation and evidence of aromatase hyperactivity and apoptosis dysregulation within the Katarzyna Jarzabek
Department of Reproduction and Gynaecological Endocrinology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:499-504. 2007..Testicular tumors such as Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor often develop in patients with CAIS...
- CD56 is a sensitive and diagnostically useful immunohistochemical marker of ovarian sex cord-stromal tumorsW Glenn McCluggage
Department of Pathology, Royal Group of Hospitals Trust, Belfast, Northern Ireland
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:322-7. 2007..granulosa cell tumor (n = 40), juvenile granulosa cell tumor (n = 8), Sertoli cell tumor (n = 1), Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor (n = 14), Leydig cell tumor (n = 2), steroid cell tumor, not otherwise specified (n = 2), sclerosing stromal ..
- Tumors of the parathyroid gland and circulating parathyroid hormone-related protein associated with persistent hypercalcemiaT J Rosol
Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Columbus43210
Toxicol Pathol 17:346-56. 1989..Well characterized animal models of HHM include a rat Leydig cell tumor line (Rice-500), the rat Walker mammary carcinosarcoma, and the canine apocrine adenocarcinoma...
- Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary, a rare cause of precocious puberty in a 12-month-old infantCatherine S Choong
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Mater Misericordiae Hospitals, South Brisbane, Queensland 4104, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:49-56. 2002..who presented with a 4-month history of isosexual precocious puberty secondary to an estrogenizing Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary...
- Retiform pattern of Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the ovary in a 4-year-old girlVibha Kawatra
Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Dehli, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:176-9. 2009..Retiform pattern Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor seen mostly in young patients is clinically malignant and has a worse prognosis, underlining the importance ..
- Leydig-cell-tumor of the ovary that responded to GnRH-analogue administration - case report and review of the literatureR K Klotz
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:291-7. 2010..The histologic examination revealed a Leydig cell tumor in the hilus and stroma of the left ovary...
- Granulosa cell tumor-like variant of endometrioid carcinoma of the ovary exhibiting nuclear clearing with biotin activity: a subtype showing close macroscopic, cytologic, and histologic similarity to adult granulosa cell tumorMariko Fujibayashi
Department of Surgical Pathology, Tokyo Women s Medical University Medical Center East, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:1288-94. 2005The sex cord-like variant of endometrioid carcinoma of the ovary shows many similarities to Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor and granulosa cell tumor...
- Gynandroblastoma with elements resembling juvenile granulosa cell tumorJ R Broshears
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Int J Gynecol Pathol 16:387-91. 1997..reported tumors, adult granulosa cell tumor has formed the ovarian-type component and Sertoli or Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor (SLCT) has formed the testicular-type component...
- Non-germ-cell or teratomatous malignant tumors showing additional rhabdomyoblastic differentiation, with emphasis on the malignant Triton tumorJ M Woodruff
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021
Semin Diagn Pathol 11:69-81. 1994..tumors with rhabdomyosarcomatous differentiation are the carcinosarcoma, mullerian adenosarcoma, Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor, mammary cystosarcoma, and blastomas...
- Calretinin: a valuable marker of normal and neoplastic Leydig cells of the testisDavid Augusto
Department of Pathology, University Hospitals, Lille, France
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 10:159-62. 2002Sex cord-stromal tumors represent approximately 4% of all testicular neoplasms. Leydig cell tumor (LCT) is the most common entity, followed by Sertoli cell tumor (SCT)...
- Functioning ovarian tumors: direct and indirect findings at MR imagingYumiko O Tanaka
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Radiographics 24:S147-66. 2004..Conversely, Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor is representative of hormone-producing tumors that cause virilization...
- Ovarian Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor, endometrioid-like yolk sac tumor, and Y-chromosomal materialUgo De Giorgi
Istituto Oncologico Romagnolo, Santa Maria delle Croci Hospital, Ravenna, Italy
Oncology 64:370-3. 2003..In very rare tumors, new methods, based on molecular and cytogenetic models, are requested to define recommended management...
- Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of the testis in a Sprague-Dawley ratShin Wakui
Toxicologic Pathology, Azabu University School of Veterinary Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47:67-70. 2008..The presence of a thick or multilayered basement membrane was confirmed except in tumor-infiltrative lesions. The present case was considered to be a testicular mixed tubular Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor in a Sprague-Dawley rat.
- Uterine retiform sertoli-leydig cell tumor: report of a case providing additional evidence that uterine tumors resembling ovarian sex cord tumors have a histologic and immunohistochemical phenotype of genuine sex cord tumorsBernard Czernobilsky
Patho Lab Laboratories, Ness Ziona, Israel
Int J Gynecol Pathol 24:335-40. 2005We report a case of a retiform Sertoli-Leydig cell tumor of intermediate differentiation presenting as a uterine intracavity polypoid mass in a 63-year-old woman...
- Imaging of gynecological disease (2): clinical and ultrasound characteristics of Sertoli cell tumors, Sertoli-Leydig cell tumors and Leydig cell tumorsV N Demidov
Federal Governmental Institution Science Center of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Perinatology of Russian Medical Technologies, Moscow, Russia
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 31:85-91. 2008..To describe the clinical history and ultrasound findings in women with ovarian Sertoli cell, Sertoli-Leydig cell and Leydig cell tumors...
- [Diagnostic value of immunohistochemistry in ovarian sex cord-stromal tumors]Faten Farah-Klibi
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Tunis, Tunisie
Tunis Med 86:821-6. 2008..The ovarian tumors' diagnosis is based on biological and radiologic tests but only the histological examination associated to an immunohistochemical study allow best diagnosis...
- ANDROGEN RECEPTOR REGULATION OF REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTIONElizabeth Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2002..will be corroborated and extended by studies on endogenous AR in a hormone responsive highly differentiated Leydig cell tumor cell line, MA10 cells, that contain a high level of AR...
- STEROIDOGENESIS IN ADRENOCORTICAL & GONADAL TISSUERobert Pedersen; Fiscal Year: 1991..This cycloheximide-sensitive 3215- kDal factor, recently isolated from a rat Leydig cell tumor and sequenced, is believed to be the long-sought "labile protein" implicated in the acute regulation of ..
- PLATELET DERIVED GROWTH FACTOR IN FOLLICLE DEVELOPMENTChristopher Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- TOXICOLOGY FOR TEACHERSAnn de Peyster; Fiscal Year: 2003..These workshops are an innovative way for scientists and teachers to work together to improve science education. ..
- KCNRG gene as candidate tumor suppressor for CLL and MMAnna Baranova; Fiscal Year: 2005..Common gene changes revealed by activation of KCNRG will be confirmed in Real-Time PCR experiments. ..
- COX2-Regulated Testosterone Biosynthesis in Male AgingXingJia Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..