Genomes and Genes
focal nodular hyperplasia
Summary: Solitary or multiple benign hepatic vascular tumors, usually occurring in women of 20-50 years of age. The nodule, poorly encapsulated, consists of a central stellate fibrous scar and normal liver elements such as HEPATOCYTES, small BILE DUCTS, and KUPFFER CELLS among the intervening fibrous septa. The pale colored central scar represents large blood vessels with hyperplastic fibromuscular layer and narrowing lumen.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- A case report of hepatocellular carcinoma and focal nodular hyperplasia with a myelolipoma in two chimpanzees and a review of spontaneous hepatobiliary tumors in non-human primatesBrian F Porter
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Med Primatol 33:38-47. 2004..Here we report a case of hepatic carcinoma and a case of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and myelolipoma in two captive chimpanzees...
- High prevalence of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia in subjects with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasiaElisabetta Buscarini
Gastroenterology Department, Ospedale Maggiore, Crema, Italy
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:1089-97. 2004A vascular pathogenesis of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) has been suggested; this study was aimed to evaluate in families with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (HHT) the prevalence of FNH, relating it to presence and stage ..
- The beta-catenin pathway is activated in focal nodular hyperplasia but not in cirrhotic FNH-like nodulesSandra Rebouissou
INSERM, U674, Génomique fonctionnelle des tumeurs solides, 27 rue Juliette Dodu, Paris F 75010, France
J Hepatol 49:61-71. 2008..In contrast, FNH-like lesions/nodules occur in cirrhotic liver but share similar histopathological features. We conducted a transcriptome analysis to identify biological pathways deregulated in FNH...
- Evaluation of enhancement patterns of focal nodular hyperplasia in contrast-enhanced, wide-band phase-inversion harmonic power Doppler imaging of the liverJacek Janica
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Bialystok, Bialystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 10:17-21. 2004..The purpose of the study was to assess the quality of performance of wideband, phase inversion harmonic power Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of focal nodular...
- Over-expression of glutamine synthetase in focal nodular hyperplasia: a novel easy diagnostic tool in surgical pathologyPaulette Bioulac-Sage
Department of Pathology, Hôpital Pellegrin CHU Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Liver Int 29:459-65. 2009..We investigated the use of GS as a marker in various clinical situations, in which FNH diagnosis had been firmly established to determine its contribution to diagnosis...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia with concomitant hepatocellular carcinoma: a case report and clonal analysisS H Zhang
Department of Pathology, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200438, China
J Clin Pathol 57:556-9. 2004This report describes a hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) with concomitant focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) in a 56 year old Chinese man. There were two well circumscribed tumours measuring 3 x 2.5 x 2 cm and 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 cm...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with SonoVue-enhanced sonography: international multicenter-study in comparison to CT and MRIHerve Trillaud
Department of Radiology, University of Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, CHU Bordeaux Hospital Saint André, 1 rue Jean Burguet, 33075 Bordeaux, France
World J Gastroenterol 15:3748-56. 2009..To evaluate in a multicenter study whether the sonographic characterization of focal liver lesions can be improved using SonoVue-enhancement; and to compare this method with computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...
- Tumor-specific vascularization pattern of liver metastasis, hepatocellular carcinoma, hemangioma and focal nodular hyperplasia in the differential diagnosis of 1,349 liver lesions in contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS)D Strobel
Internal Medicine I, University of Erlangen, Ulmenweg 18, 91058 Erlangen
Ultraschall Med 30:376-82. 2009..To evaluate the incidence and diagnostic accuracy of tumor-specific vascularization pattern in contrast-enhanced ultrasound (CEUS) in the differential diagnosis of liver tumors in clinical practice...
- Clonality and allelotype analyses of focal nodular hyperplasia compared with hepatocellular adenoma and carcinomaYi Ran Cai
Department of Pathology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Panjiayuan Nanli 17, Beijing 100021, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:4695-708. 2009To identify clonality and genetic alterations in focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and the nodules derived from it.
- Imaging modalities for focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatocellular adenomaJacomina W van den Esschert
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dig Surg 27:46-55. 2010..Differentiation between focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and hepatocellular adenoma (HCA) is important because of the consequences for management...
- Clonality and TP53 mutation analysis of focal nodular hyperplasia of the liverSuqin Zheng
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:65-70. 2010b>Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) is considered a benign tumor of the liver. However, the biologic nature and clonality status of FNH are not well established...
- [Focal nodular hyperplasia of liver: a clinicopathologic study of 238 patients]Ling Li Chen
Department of Pathology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 40:17-22. 2011To study the clinicopathologic features of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) of liver.
- MRI of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) with gadobenate dimeglumine (Gd-BOPTA) and SPIO (ferumoxides): an intra-individual comparisonLuigi Grazioli
Department of Radiology, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Magn Reson Imaging 17:593-602. 2003To compare the efficacy of two different MR contrast agents for the detection and diagnosis of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH).
- Glypican-3 expression distinguishes small hepatocellular carcinomas from cirrhosis, dysplastic nodules, and focal nodular hyperplasia-like nodulesLouis Libbrecht
Department and Laboratories of Pathology, University and University Hospitals of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1405-11. 2006..immunohistochemistry for GPC3 on 16 low-grade dysplastic nodules, 33 high-grade dysplastic nodules, 13 focal nodular hyperplasia-like nodules, and 59 HCCs with a diameter less or equal to 3 cm present in the cirrhotic liver of 66 ..
- Benign nodular hepatocellular lesions caused by abnormal hepatic circulation: etiological analysis and introduction of a new conceptF Kondo
Department of Molecular Pathology, Chiba University School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:1319-28. 2001..Of these lesions, focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), nodular regenerative hyperplasia (NRH), nodular lesions associated with idiopathic portal ..
- Pathological diagnosis of liver cell adenoma and focal nodular hyperplasia: Bordeaux updateP Bioulac-Sage
, , CHU Bordeaux, 1 rue Jean Burguet, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Hepatol 46:521-7. 2007
- Focal nodular hyperplasia: findings at state-of-the-art MR imaging, US, CT, and pathologic analysisShahid M Hussain
Department of Radiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Radiographics 24:3-17; discussion 18-9. 2004b>Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) is the second most common benign liver tumor after hemangioma. FNH is classified into two types: classic (80% of cases) and nonclassic (20%)...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia: morphologic and functional information from MR imaging with gadobenate dimeglumineL Grazioli
Department of Radiology, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Piazzale Spedali Civili 1, 25023 Brescia, Italy
Radiology 221:731-9. 2001To determine whether gadobenate dimeglumine (Gd-BOPTA) is able to provide morphologic and functional information for characterization of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH).
- Different cytokeratin and neuronal cell adhesion molecule staining patterns in focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatic adenoma and their significanceAnita Iyer
Department of Pathology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Hum Pathol 39:1370-7. 2008Differentiating focal nodular hyperplasia from hepatic adenoma can be challenging...
- [Multiple focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver associated with congenital absence of the portal vein]Sabine Schmidt
Clinique des Maladies du Foie, hôpital de l Archet II, CHU, Nice
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:310-3. 2006..32nd case of congenital absence of portal vein in an 18-year-old female adult associated with multiple focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver...
- Nodular lymphoid lesion of the liver with simultaneous focal nodular hyperplasia and hemangioma: discrimination from primary hepatic MALT-type non-Hodgkin's lymphomaKlaus Willenbrock
Senckenbergisches Institut für Pathologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Virchows Arch 448:223-7. 2006..The diagnosis of NLL was made. In addition to NLL, focal nodular hyperplasia and hemangioma were detected...
- Comparative genomic hybridization. Synchronous occurrence of focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatocellular carcinoma in the same liver is not based on common chromosomal aberrationsUdo Kellner
Dept of Pathology, Klinikum Minden, Friedrichstrasse 17, 32427 Minden, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 119:265-71. 2003..Our findings support the notion that FNH is not a preneoplastic lesion for the occurrence of HCC in humans and that the synchronous occurrence of FNH and HCC is coincidental in our case...
- Telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia: US, CT, and MR imaging findings with histopathologic correlation in 13 casesPatrick Attal
Department of Radiology, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Radiology 228:465-72. 2003..tomographic (CT), and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging findings in 13 patients with telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and to compare imaging features with histopathologic results from resected specimens...
- Congenital absence of the portal vein associated with focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver and congenital choledochal cyst: a case reportT Kinjo
First Department of Surgery, Ryukyu University School of Medicine, Nishihara-cho, Okinawa 903-0215, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 36:622-5. 2001..This case report describes a 3-year-old girl with a congenital absence of the portal vein, focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) of the liver, and a congenital choledochal cyst (CCC)...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver in 86 patientsYing Hao Shen
Department of Liver Surgery and Liver Cancer Institute, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:52-7. 2007b>Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), the second most common benign hepatic tumor after hemangioma, is characterized by a stellate central scar and hyperplastic nodules...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia: CT findings with emphasis on multiphasic helical CT in 78 patientsG Brancatelli
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Presbyterian Hospital, 200 Lothrop St, Rm 4660 CHP MT, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2582, USA
Radiology 219:61-8. 2001PURPOSE: To evaluate features of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) at multiphasic helical computed tomography (CT). MATERIALS AND METHODS: Clinical, pathologic, and preoperative imaging findings were retrospectively reviewed in 78 patients...
- [Management of spontaneous hepatic hemorrhage due to focal nodular hyperplasia]Teófilo Cubo Cintas
Servicio de Cirugia General y Aparato Digestivo, Hospital General, Ciudad Real, Espana
Gastroenterol Hepatol 30:387-90. 2007b>Focal nodular hyperplasia is a benign liver tumor that usually follows an asymptomatic course. Hemorrhage of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia is exceptional and occurs in tumors such as hepatocellular carcinoma and hepatic adenoma...
- Molecular pathogenesis of focal nodular hyperplasia and hepatocellular adenomaSandra Rebouissou
INSERM, U674, Génomique fonctionnelle des tumeurs solides, Génétique des tumeurs hépatiques, Paris, France
J Hepatol 48:163-70. 2008b>Focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and hepatocellular adenomas (HCAs) are benign tumors that occur in otherwise normal liver parenchyma...
- Enhancement characteristics of hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia and its scar by dynamic magnetic resonance imagingL Marti-Bonmati
Department of Radiology, Doctor Peset University Hospital, Avda Gaspar Aguilar 90, E 46017, Valencia, Spain
MAGMA 10:200-4. 2000To determine the relationship between the lesion and the scar enhancement characteristic in a series of hepatic Focal Nodular Hyperplasia (FNH) lesions studied with dynamic MR imaging.
- Unique hypervascular nodules in alcoholic liver cirrhosis: identical to focal nodular hyperplasia-like nodules?Osamu Nakashima
Department of Pathology and Research Center of Innovative Cancer Therapy of the 21 Century COE Program for Medical Science, Kurume University School of Medicine, 67 Asahi Machi, Kurume, Fukuoka 830 0011, Japan
J Hepatol 41:992-8. 2004Currently, focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH)-like nodules in cirrhotic liver is spotlighted. Unique hypervascular nodules mimicking FNH-like nodule in alcoholic liver cirrhosis were clinicopathologically clarified.
- P53 gene and Wnt signaling in benign neoplasms: beta-catenin mutations in hepatic adenoma but not in focal nodular hyperplasiaYa Wen Chen
Graduate Institute of Molecular Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatology 36:927-35. 2002Hepatocellular adenoma (HA) and focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) are 2 rare, benign liver neoplasms that often are discovered incidentally. To date, few genetic changes have been found in these 2 benign lesions...
- Accurate differentiation of focal nodular hyperplasia from hepatic adenoma at gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced MR imaging: prospective studyLuigi Grazioli
Department of Radiology, University of Brescia, Spedali Civili di Brescia, Piazzale Spedali Civili 1, 25023 Brescia, Italy
Radiology 236:166-77. 2005To prospectively determine the accuracy of differentiating benign focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) from hepatic adenoma (HA) and liver adenomatosis (LA) by using gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) imaging.
- Focal nodular hyperplasia-like areas in cirrhosisA Quaglia
Academic Departments of Histopathology, Radiology Royal Free and University College Medical School, London, UK
Histopathology 42:14-21. 2003AIMS: Focal nodular hyperplasia-like lesions have rarely been described in cirrhotic livers. We describe five cases of such lesions...
- A quantitative gene expression study suggests a role for angiopoietins in focal nodular hyperplasiaValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique and Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 124:651-9. 2003Although the pathogenesis of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) of the liver remains unclear, a vascular mechanism has been suspected...
- Congenital absence of the portal vein associated with focal nodular hyperplasia in the liver in an adult woman: imaging and review of the literatureA M De Gaetano
Department of Radiology, A Gemelli University Hospital, 8, Largo F Vito, Rome 00168, Italy
Abdom Imaging 29:455-9. 2004We present a new case of congenital absence of the portal vein and focal nodular hyperplasia in the liver without additional congenital anomalies...
- Indications and long-term outcome of treatment for benign hepatic tumors: a critical appraisalT Terkivatan
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Rotterdam Dijkzigt, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Surg 136:1033-8. 2001..The natural history and clinical behavior of benign hepatic tumors during long-term follow-up may not justify primary surgical treatment...
- Focal hepatic masses: enhancement patterns with SH U 508A and pulse-inversion USMarcus J Dill-Macky
Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
Radiology 222:95-102. 2002..Responses were compared with confirmed diagnoses. RESULTS: Focal nodular hyperplasia was characterized by detectable vascularity and positive enhancement on interval-delay and postvascular ..
- Telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia: a variant of hepatocellular adenomaValerie Paradis
Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 126:1323-9. 2004quot;Telangiectatic focal nodular hyperplasia" designate atypical lesions considered as variants of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH)...
- [Dynamic MRI of the liver with parallel acquisition technique: characterization of focal liver lesions and analysis of the hepatic vasculature in a single MRI session]C Heilmaier
Institut fur Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie und Neuroradiologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Rofo 180:440-8. 2008....
- Use of second generation contrast-enhanced ultrasound in the assessment of focal liver lesionsStanislas-H Morin
World J Gastroenterol 13:5963-70. 2007..The recent developments in US contrast media and specific imaging techniques have been a major advance and this technique, in view of the intrinsic advantages of US, will undoubtedly gain popularity in the years to come...
- Characterization of hepatocellular tumors: value of mangafodipir-enhanced magnetic resonance imagingMartina Scharitzer
Department of Radiology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Comput Assist Tomogr 29:181-90. 2005..resonance images of 41 patients with 48 histopathologically proven hepatocellular lesions (20 cases of focal nodular hyperplasia [FNH], 4 adenomas, 15 hepatocellular carcinomas [HCCs], 7 regenerative nodules, and 2 others) were ..
- Multidetector CT of hepatocellular carcinomaIhab R Kamel
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 19:63-89. 2005..We present the different manifestations of hepatocellular carcinoma as depicted by multidetector-row CT with advanced image processing...
- Glypican-3 as a useful diagnostic marker that distinguishes hepatocellular carcinoma from benign hepatocellular mass lesionsHanlin L Wang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1723-8. 2008..The currently available ancillary tools are suboptimal in terms of sensitivity and specificity...
- Benign focal liver lesions: spectrum of findings on SonoVue-enhanced pulse-inversion ultrasonographyTommaso Vincenzo Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, 90127, Palermo, Italy
Eur Radiol 15:1643-9. 2005..This review illustrates the spectrum of enhancement patterns of BFLL on contrast-enhanced ultrasonography with SonoVue, a second-generation microbubble-based contrast agent...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-specific US modes and a sulfur hexafluoride-filled microbubble contrast agent: diagnostic performance and confidenceEmilio Quaia
Department of Radiology, Cattinara Hospital, University of Trieste, Strada di Fiume 447, Trieste 34149, Italy
Radiology 232:420-30. 2004....
- Specificity of SPIO particles for characterization of liver hemangiomas using MRIX Montet
Division de Radiodiagnostic et de Radiologie Interventionnelle, Hopital Universitaire de Geneve, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Abdom Imaging 29:60-70. 2004..When using SPIO particles for liver imaging, it is useful to add a T1-weighted sequence to T2-weighted images, thereby providing additional information for lesion characterization...
- Imaging of benign liver lesionsD Mathieu
Centre d'Imagerie du Pays d'Aix, 1, , F-13100 Aix en Provence, France
JBR-BTR 87:76-83. 2004
- Characterisation of focal liver lesions with contrast enhanced ultrasonographyChristoph F Dietrich
Innere Medizin 2, Caritas Krankenhaus Bad Mergentheim, Uhlandstr 7, 97980 Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Eur J Radiol 51:S9-17. 2004..Liver tumours known to be hyperperfused in the arterial phase (e.g. focal nodular hyperplasia, hepatocellular adenoma and carcinoma, and hyperperfused metastases) can be better detected and ..
- [Liver round foci: malignant or harmless?]P Stiefelhagen
Chefarzt Innere Abteilung, DRK Krankenhaus Westerwald, Hachenburg
MMW Fortschr Med 146:55-6. 2004
- Comparison of diagnostic performance of unenhanced vs SonoVue - enhanced ultrasonography in focal liver lesions characterization. The experience of three Italian centersEmilio Quaia
Istituto di Radiologia, Ospedale di Cattinara, Universita degli Studi, Trieste
Radiol Med 108:71-81. 2004..To evaluate the diagnostic performance of contrast-enhanced US with SonoVue (Bracco, Milan, Italy) compared to baseline US in focal hepatic lesions characterization...
- [Liver resection and transplantation for hepatic tumors]H Lang
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, 45122, Hufelandstrasse 55, Essen, Germany
Internist (Berl) 48:30-9. 2007..This work provides an overview of the current status of surgical therapy for the most frequent, benign liver tumours, as well as for hepatocellular and cholangiocellular carcinoma...
- [Characterization of hepatic tumors with contrast-enhanced ultrasound and digital grey-scale analysis]A J Lemke
Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Rofo 176:1607-16. 2004..The purpose of this study was the clinical evaluation of contrast enhanced ultrasound followed by quantitative digital analysis in patients with focal hepatic tumors...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of liver lesions: exceptions and atypical lesionsIndra C van den Bos
Department of Radiology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 37:95-103. 2008....
- The diagnosis and management of benign hepatic tumorsBo Yoon Choi
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:401-12. 2005..The most common benign hepatic tumors include cavernous hemangioma, focal nodular hyperplasia, hepatic adenoma, and nodular regenerative hyperplasia...
- Characterization of liver lesions by real-time contrast-enhanced ultrasonographyNatascia Celli
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:3-14. 2007....
- Focal nodular hyperplasia-like nodules in alcoholic liver cirrhosis: radiologic-pathologic correlationYoung Han Lee
Department of Radiology, Wonju Christian Hospital, Wonju College of Medicine, Yonsei University, 162 Ilsan dong, Wonju, Gangwon Do 220 701, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 188:W459-63. 2007..purpose of this study was to describe our experience with three patients who had pathologically proven focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH)-like nodules that radiologically mimicked hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Magnetic resonance imaging of hepatocellular carcinoma mimicking focal nodular hyperplasia: a potential pitfall in patients with cirrhosis?Olga Rafaelian
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 30:796-9. 2006..resonance imaging findings in 2 cases of pathologically proven hepatocellular carcinoma that mimicked focal nodular hyperplasia are presented...
- [Incidentalomas]B Gallix
Service d Imagerie Medicale, Hopital Saint Eloi, CHU de Montpellier, 80, avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5
J Radiol 88:1048-60. 2007..The most frequent benign incidental solid liver lesions are hemangioma, focal nodular hyperplasia and liver cell adenoma...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions: use of mangafodipir trisodium (MnDPDP)-enhanced MR imagesAydin Karabacakoglu
Department of Radiology, Selcuk University, Meram Medical Faculty, Konya, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:164-71. 2006..We evaluated the characterization and detection of liver lesions using mangafodipir trisodium...
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonographic spoke-wheel sign in hepatic focal nodular hyperplasiaYi-Hao Yen
Division of Hepato-Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, 123 Ta-Pei Road, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Eur J Radiol 60:439-44. 2006..The detection of a spoke-wheel sign was interpreted as evidence of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH). All patients underwent tumor biopsies or surgical resection...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma in association with hepatic focal nodular hyperplasiaJ M Langrehr
Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Augustenburger Platz 1, D 13353 Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 47:340-4. 2006To report the association between hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and hepatic focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) and the possible impact on clinical decision-making with regard to resective approaches in patients with FNH.
- Ferucarbotran versus Gd-DTPA-enhanced MR imaging in the detection of focal hepatic lesionsWei Zhong Cheng
Department of Radiology, Zhongshan Hospital, 180 Fenglin Rd, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:4891-6. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of ferucarbotran-enhanced MR imaging in the detection of focal hepatic lesions compared to plain and Gd-DTPA-enhanced MR imaging...
- Detection and characterization of benign focal liver lesions with multislice CTJ T Winterer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Hugstetter Str 55, D 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:2427-43. 2006....
- [Duplexsonography of the liver: state-of-the-art and perspectives]A K Kurz
, Abteilung Innere Medizin II (Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie, Endokrinologie und Infektiologie
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 131:1035-9. 2006
- Characterization of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver with SonoVue and pulse inversion UST V Bartolotta
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Via del Vespro 127, Palermo 90127, Italy
Abdom Imaging 32:84-91. 2007..We describe the spectrum of contrast-enhancement patterns of benign hepatic tumors arising in fatty liver on contrast-enhanced ultrasound (US)...
- Distinguishing benign from malignant liver tumoursJay P Heiken
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cancer Imaging 7:S1-14. 2007..This article describes the salient imaging features of the common benign liver masses and outlines a general approach to distinguishing between benign and malignant hepatic lesions...
- Importance of small (< or = 20-mm) enhancing lesions seen only during the hepatic arterial phase at MR imaging of the cirrhotic liver: evaluation and comparison with whole explanted liverAgnes E Holland
Department of Radiology, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY, USA
Radiology 237:938-44. 2005..CONCLUSION: The majority (93%) of HAPE-only lesions that are occult at T2-weighted and portal and/or equilibrium phase MR imaging are nonneoplastic, even in patients with pathologically proved HCC...
- Diagnostic and pathogenetic implications of the expression of hepatic transporters in focal lesions occurring in normal liverSara Vander Borght
Laboratory of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Pathol 207:471-82. 2005Hepatocellular adenoma and focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) are benign liver tumours...
- [Role of computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in the diagnosis of hepatitis and liver cirrhosis]M Lenhart
Schweiz Rundsch Med Prax 94:635-8. 2005..CT is superior as the staging modality. Complications of cirrhosis like ascites, varices of the oesophageal veins are diagnosed. CT and MRI are necessary when interventional or surgical procedures are planned or for therapy surveillance...
- The multidisciplinary management of gastrointestinal cancer. The diagnostic and therapeutic approach for primary solid liver tumours in adultsChris Verslype
Department of Hepatology and Digestive Oncology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 21:983-96. 2007..b>Focal nodular hyperplasia is the most frequent tumour-like lesion...
- [Benign hepatic neoplasms: diagnostic problems and therapeutic approach]A Russo
Presidio Ospedaliero Leopoldo Parodi Delfino, U.O. Pronto Soccorso Chirurgico, A.S.L. ROMA G, Tivoli (RM
G Chir 26:57-62. 2005..The aim of this study is to offer a concise view about clinical arising, diagnostic procedures and therapeutic strategy of benign tumours of the liver, areas where surgery plays a central role...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions: comparison of pulse-inversion harmonic contrast-enhanced sonography with contrast-enhanced CTRui Li
Department of Ultrasound, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
J Clin Ultrasound 35:109-17. 2007..To compare the efficacy of contrast-enhanced pulse-inversion harmonic sonography for the characterization of focal liver lesions with that of contrast-enhanced helical CT...
- [Use of SPIO-enhanced T1- and T2-weighted images for the differentiation of liver lesions: an ROC analysis]C Stroszczynski
Klinik und Poliklinik für Strahlenheilkunde, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin
Rofo 175:1368-75. 2003..This study evaluates the impact of SPIO-enhanced T(1)- and T(2)-weighted images for the differentiation of liver lesions...
- Prediction rule for characterization of hepatic lesions revealed on MR imaging: estimation of malignancyR Tello
Department of Radiology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston Medical Center, 88 E. Newton St, Atrium 2, MA 02118, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 176:879-84. 2001..three lung cancer, and nine miscellaneous cancers), 53 were benign (37 hemangiomas, 15 cysts, and one focal nodular hyperplasia)...
- MnDPDP enhanced magnetic resonance imaging of focal liver lesionsL J King
Department of Radiology, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Clin Radiol 57:1047-57. 2002..Hepatocyte-containing liver neoplasms such as hepatomas or focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), take up MnDPDP and demonstrate varying degrees of enhancement...
- Ultrasound of focal liver lesionsC J Harvey
Department of Imaging, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College School of Medicine, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, UK
Eur Radiol 11:1578-93. 2001..The clinical significance and sonographic features of various liver lesions such as haemangioma, focal nodular hyperplasia, adenoma, regenerative nodule, metastasis, hepatocellular carcinoma and various types of focal ..
- Focal hepatic lesions: evaluation with contrast-enhanced gray-scale harmonic USHyun-Jung Jang
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Kangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 4:91-100. 2003..lesions, namely 51 hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs), 22 metastases, 22 hemangiomas, four cases of focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), and six nontumorous nodules...
- Congenital absence of portal vein with multiple hyperplastic nodular lesions in the liverYasuo Tanaka
Department of Gastroenterology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8655, Japan
J Gastroenterol 38:288-94. 2003..In addition to this case report, the clinical features of 25 reported cases of congenital absence of the portal vein are reviewed...
- Exophytic benign tumors of the liver: appearance on MRIT R Bader
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 19:623-8. 2001..The histological diagnoses were cavernous hemangioma (2), focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH) (1), and hepatocellular adenoma (HCA) (2 exophytic adenomas in a patient with adenomatosis of the ..
- [Preneoplasia of the liver. Definition--differential diagnosis--clinical consequences]A Tannapfel
Pathologe 22:399-406. 2001..Only a commonly accepted nomenclature makes a comparison of different therapeutic treatment regimens feasible...
- Intra- and perinodular hemodynamics of hepatocellular carcinoma: CT observation during intra-arterial contrast injectionO Matsui
Department of Radiology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, 13-1, Takara-machi, Kanazawa 920-8641, Japan
Abdom Imaging 27:147-56. 2002
- Hepatic neoplasms: computed tomography and magnetic resonance featuresAnn Simpson Fulcher
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Virginia of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0615, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 34:463-71. 2002..Benign tumors discussed include hemangiomas, focal nodular hyperplasia, hepatocellular adenoma, and simple cysts, as well as cysts associated with polycystic liver disease...
- Enhanced color flows in hepatic tumorsChi-Chieh Yang
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Changhua Show-Chwan Memorial Hospital, Changhua, Taiwan, ROC
Hepatogastroenterology 49:1506-9. 2002..to have a clinical or histologically confirmed diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma, hemangioma, or focal nodular hyperplasia. METHODOLOGY: Twenty-two hepatocellular carcinomas, 6 hemangiomas, and 2 focal nodular hyperplasias were ..
- Discrimination of benign from malignant hepatic lesions based on their T2-relaxation times calculated from moderately T2-weighted turbo SE sequenceAndrzej Cieszanowski
Second Department of Clinical Radiology, The Medical University of Warsaw, ul Banacha 1a, 02097, Warsaw, Poland
Eur Radiol 12:2273-9. 2002..spin-echo (TSE) sequence in characterization of focal hepatic lesions, including hepatic malignancies, focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), hemangioma, and cyst...
- Characterization of focal hepatic lesions with ferumoxides-enhanced MR imaging: utility of T1-weighted spoiled gradient recalled echo images using different echo timesJoo Hee Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Magn Reson Imaging 15:573-83. 2002..CONCLUSION: Addition of T1-weighted GRE images using minimum and moderate TE is helpful for characterizing focal lesions in ferumoxides-enhanced MR imaging...
- [57-year-old woman presenting with "nodules" of the liver]Ch Penna
, , Boulogne
J Chir (Paris) 139:40-5. 2002
- [Improved detection and characterisation of liver tumors with echo-enhanced ultrasound]G Schuessler
Innere Medizin 2, Caritas-Krankenhaus Bad Mergentheim, Uhlandstr. 7, 97980 Bad Mergentheim, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 41:1167-76. 2003..Liver tumors known to be hyperperfused in the arterial phase (e. g., focal nodular hyperplasia, hepatocellular carcinoma, and hyperperfused metastases) can be detected and characterised...
- Focal liver lesions: comparison of dual-phase CT and multisequence multiplanar MR imaging including dynamic gadolinium enhancementR C Semelka
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 13:397-401. 2001..MRI was moderately superior to dual-phase spiral CT for lesion detection, and was markedly superior for lesion characterization, with these differences having clinical significance...
- [Mesohepatectomy-an alternative to extended hepatectomy in the treatment of central liver tumors]H Lang
Klinik für Allgemein und Transplantationschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Chirurg 75:424-9. 2004..Mesohepatectomy should be considered in selected cases of central liver tumors in which extended resection would be associated with a high risk of liver insufficiency...
- [MR diagnosis of focal liver lesions]Andras Palko
Szegedi Tudomanyegyetem, Szent Györgyi Albert Orvos és Gyógyszerésztudományi Centrum, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Radiológiai Klinika, Szeged
Orv Hetil 145:374-7. 2004..The author discusses the significance of magnetic resonance examination in the differential diagnosis of focal liver lesions...
- Characterization of hepatic tumors: value of contrast-enhanced coded phase-inversion harmonic angioYan Ling Wen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377-2, Ohno-Higashi, Osaka-Sayama, Osaka 589-8511, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1019-26. 2004..CONCLUSION: Contrast-enhanced coded harmonic angio is a promising method to provide useful information for the differential diagnosis of hepatic tumors...
- [Focal liver lesions: characterization with quantitative analysis of T2 relaxation time in TSE sequence with double echo time]Giuseppe Cittadini
Dipartimento Diagnostica per Immagini, Azienda Ospedaliera San Martino e Cliniche Universitarie Convenzionat, Genova
Radiol Med (Torino) 107:166-73. 2004..The evaluation of hepatic lesions of less than one centimeter should always include analysis of dynamic gadolinium-contrast images...
- [Benign liver tumors]D Cherqui
Service de Chirurgie Digestive,
J Chir (Paris) 138:19-26. 2001..Liver cell tumors include adenomas and focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH)...
- Characterization of focal liver lesions with contrast-enhanced ultrasoundC Nicolau
Imaging Diagnosis Center (Ultrasound Unit, Clinic Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Eur Radiol 13:N70-8. 2003
- Effect of superparamagnetic iron oxide-enhanced MRI of the liver with hepatocellular carcinoma and hyperplastic noduleKoji Takeshita
Department of Radiology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Comput Assist Tomogr 26:451-5. 2002....
- Limited value of 18F-2-deoxyglucose positron emission tomography to detect hepatocellular carcinoma in hepatitis B virus carriersLong-Bin Jeng
Department of Surgery, China Medical University Hospital, No. 2, Yuh-Der Road, Taichung 404, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:2154-6. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: FDG-PET is not sensitive to but is more specific than ultrasound and serum alpha-feto-protein level to detect hepatocellular carcinoma and differentiate from other benign liver diseases in hepatitis B virus carriers...
- Surgical treatment of hepatic tumors in children: lessons learned from liver transplantationAna Cristina Aoun Tannuri
Pediatric Surgery Division, Pediatric Liver Transplantation Unit and Laboratory of Research in Pediatric Surgery, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, CEP 01246 903 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Pediatr Surg 44:2083-7. 2009..The objective of the present study was to describe our experience in liver resections, in the light of liver transplantation, emphasizing the indications for surgery, surgical techniques, complications, and results...
- Clinical usefulness of positron emission tomography with fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose in the diagnosis of liver tumorsY Iwata
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 14:121-6. 2000..carcinomas (CCC)], 20 with metastatic liver cancer, 2 with liver hemangioma, and 3 with focal nodular hyperplasia. For quantitative evaluation, a region of interest (ROI) was placed over the entire tumor region, at the ..
- The Mallory body: morphological, clinical and experimental studies (Part 1 of a literature survey)K Jensen
Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Hvidovre University Hospital, Denmark
Hepatology 20:1061-77. 1994..Mallory bodies occur only sporadically in abetalipoproteinemia, von Gierke's disease and focal nodular hyperplasia and during hepatitis due to calcium antagonists or perhexiline maleate...
- Focal hypoechoic tumors of Fatty liver: characterization of conventional and contrast-enhanced ultrasonographyLi Ping Liu
Department of Ultrasound, First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, China
J Ultrasound Med 28:1133-42. 2009..The purpose of this study was to investigate the characteristics of focal hypoechoic tumors of fatty liver using conventional ultrasonography and contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS)...
- Reduced mobilisation of hematopoietic stem cells after hepatic resection for malignant liver diseaseMarinella Menegazzo
Division of Surgery, Azienda Ospedale Universita, Padova, Italy
Pathol Oncol Res 14:381-5. 2008..seven patients undergoing hepatic resection (five major and two minor) for a benign liver disease (focal nodular hyperplasia, hemangioma cavernosa, angioma, biliary adenofibroma) and the second included seven patients undergoing ..
- Role of Wnt/Beta-Catenin Signaling in Liver DevelopmentSATDARSHAN SINGH MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our proposal will comprehensively examine Wnt signaling in liver biology to eventually improve prognosis of liver diseases. ..
- BETA-CATENIN AS A THERAPEUTIC TARGET IN HEPATOCELLULAR CANCERSATDARSHAN MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus this proposal will lay the ground work for initiating clinical studies directed against -catenin in HCC. ..
- Role of Wnt/Beta-Catenin Signaling in Liver DevelopmentSATDARSHAN MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposal will comprehensively examine Wnt signaling in liver biology to eventually improve prognosis of liver diseases. ..
- BETA-CATENIN AS A THERAPEUTIC TARGET IN HEPATOCELLULAR CANCERSATDARSHAN MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus this proposal will lay the ground work for initiating clinical studies directed against Â¿-catenin in HCC. ..
- CIRRHOSIS AND ITS COMPLICATIONSGuadalupe Garcia Tsao; Fiscal Year: 2007..Renewal of the award will allow Dr. Garcia-Tsao to maintain both POR and her mentoring endeavors to their fullest extent so she can continue to make significant contributions in the field of chronic liver disease and its complications. ..
- Role of Wnt/Beta-Catenin Signaling in Liver DevelopmentSATDARSHAN MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus this study will be a comprehensive analysis of Wnt/beta-catenin pathway and its interactions with HGF in liver development & growth. ..
- Race & Viral Resistance in Chronic Hepatitis C (VIRAHEP*Robert Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- BETA-CATENIN AS A THERAPEUTIC TARGET IN HEPATOCELLULAR CANCERSATDARSHAN SINGH MONGA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus this proposal will lay the ground work for initiating clinical studies directed against -catenin in HCC. ..