Genomes and Genes
Summary: Inflammation of the DUODENUM section of the small intestine (INTESTINE, SMALL). Erosive duodenitis may cause bleeding in the UPPER GI TRACT and PEPTIC ULCER.
Publications167 found, 100 shown here
- Ischemic duodenitis without involvement of the large abdominal arteriesL Korswagen
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, Amstelland Hospital, Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 39:E271. 2007
- Mycobacterium genavense duodenitis following allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantationK J Lu
Victorian Infectious Disease Service and Center for Clinical Research Excellence in Infectious Disease, The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Transpl Infect Dis 11:534-6. 2009A 56-year-old man was diagnosed with Mycobacterium genavense duodenitis 21 months after an allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplant complicated by graft-versus-host disease requiring intense immunosuppression...
- Ischemic duodenitisH Seno
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Endoscopy 37:91. 2005
- Bifidobacterium animalis causes extensive duodenitis and mild colonic inflammation in monoassociated interleukin-10-deficient miceJames P Moran
Center for Gastrointestinal Biology and Disease, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:1022-31. 2009..Here we tested the ability of this organism to cause T-cell-mediated intestinal inflammation by introducing it into germ-free (GF) IL-10-/- mice...
- Patients with endoscopic gastritis and/or duodenitis improve markedly following eradication of Helicobacter pylori, although less so than patients with ulcersS Olafsson
Institute of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 37:1386-94. 2002..study was to compare symptom severity, change in gastrointestinal symptoms 1 year after eradication and satisfaction with therapy between PUD patients and patients with endoscopic diagnoses of gastritis and/or duodenitis (G/D patients).
- Acute cholecystitis and duodenitis associated with Churg-Strauss syndromeMakoto Nishie
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Brain Science, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8216, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:998-1002. 2003We describe a patient with acute cholecystitis and duodenitis associated with Churg-Strauss syndrome. A 36-year-old male, who had been healthy, had abdominal pain following high fever. He had marked hypereosinophilia of 17,000/mm3...
- Helicobacter pylori babA2, cagA, and s1 vacA genes work synergistically in causing intestinal metaplasiaC-F Zambon
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University-Hospital of Padova, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padova, Italy
J Clin Pathol 56:287-91. 2003..H pylori positive patients were studied (52 antral gastritis, 41 diffuse gastritis, 41 peptic ulcer, and 33 duodenitis). Helicobacter pylori virulence genes were amplified by means of the polymerase chain reaction...
- Peptic ulcers and erosions are common in Israeli children undergoing upper endoscopyRania Egbaria
Department of Pediatrics, Bnai Zion Medical Center, Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
Helicobacter 13:62-8. 2008..pylori) and have easy access to pediatric gastroenterologists and endoscopy. Our aim was to describe the prevalence and characteristics of PU&E in this population referred by Pediatric Gastroenterologists for an upper endoscopy...
- Changes in food tolerance and lifestyle after eradication of Helicobacter pyloriS Olafsson
Institute of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:268-76. 2003..No thorough study has been done to see what changes, if any, the patient makes to lifestyle after eradication of Helicobacter pylori...
- Upper gastrointestinal findings in diabetic outpatients at Kenyatta National Hospital, NairobiJ M Wafula
Department of Medicine, College of Health Sciences, University of Nairobi. P.O Box 19676, Nairobi, Kenya
East Afr Med J 79:232-6. 2002..0%). Forty eight (67.6%) of the 71 had gastritis, 17 (25.7%) had duodenitis, eight (11.3%) had oesophageal candidiasis, seven (9.9%) had bile reflux, six (8...
- [Upper gastrointestinal hemorrhage, a topical subject]Philippe Letonturier
Presse Med 32:223. 2003
- Helicobacter pylori in children and adolescents: increase of primary clarithromycin resistance, 1997-2000J Crone
, Vienna, Austria
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 36:368-71. 2003..Endoscopy revealed gastric ulcers in 2 of 117 subjects, duodenal ulcers in 6 of 117, and erosive gastritis or duodenitis in 23 of 117. Almost all patients showed antral nodularity...
- Changes in aetiology and clinical outcome of acute upper gastrointestinal bleeding during the last 15 yearsKonstantinos C Thomopoulos
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Patras, Greece
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:177-82. 2004..Emergency surgical haemostasis has been reduced but the reduction of mortality was not significant...
- Erosive gastroduodenitis and Helicobacter pylori infectionRaman R Shankar
Department of Surgery, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry, India
Med Sci Monit 9:CR222-4. 2003..pylori status. The H. pylori status between drug users and non-users was not significantly different. Eradication of H. pylori is not indicated in patients with erosive gastroduodenitis...
- [Flow cytometric analysis of peripheral blood lymphocytes in children with chronic gastroduodenitis with and without Helicobacter pylori infection]Anna Krenska-Wiacek
Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii, Alergologii i Gastroenterologii, AM im. L. Rydygiera w Bydgoszczy
Pol Merkur Lekarski 13:107-10. 2002..pylori infection it was found that in group I a higher per cent of CD4 T-cells, lower per cent of CD8 T-cells and, therefore, higher value of CD4 to CD8 T-cell ratio were present...
- Development and evaluation of an ELISA for human trefoil factor 3Else Marie Vestergaard
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Clin Chem 48:1689-95. 2002..To define the physiologic and potential diagnostic values of TFF3, assays able to measure TFF3 are warranted...
- [Reactive polyarthritis and painful dermatographism caused by Helicobacter pylori]Blanca María Morfín Maciel
Hospital Mocel, Gelati 29 304, Col San Miguel Chapultepec, 11850, Mexico, DF
Rev Alerg Mex 49:99-102. 2002..Serum antibodies to Helicobacter pylori were identified. All symptoms subsided when she received eradication treatment...
- [The effects of metacine and anapriline course therapy on the morphofunctional changes in the gastric mucosa of patients with chronic gastroduodenitis]E S Golovanova
Klin Med (Mosk) 85:45-9. 2007....
- Helicobacter pylori infection induces duodenitis and superficial duodenal ulcer in Mongolian gerbilsT Ohkusa
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Gut 52:797-803. 2003..AIM: In this study we evaluated the roles of bacterial strain and age of experimental animals in induction of duodenitis and duodenal ulcer in Mongolian gerbils after H pylori infection...
- Prevalence of occult celiac disease in patients with iron-deficiency anemia: a prospective studyUmaprasanna S Karnam
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Medical Center, Miami, FL 33136, USA
South Med J 97:30-4. 2004..9% of the study patients. Upper endoscopic findings included gastritis in 22.8%, gastric ulcers in 9.5%, duodenitis in 8.5%, esophagitis in 7.6%, Barrett's ulcer in 2.8%, duodenal ulcer in 2.8%, gastric polyp in 2...
- [Helicobacter pylori and duodenal gastric metaplasia]Mario Arturo Ballesteros Amozurrutia
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 69:301. 2004
- [Proton pump inhibitors in developmental period medicine]Mieczysława Czerwionka-Szaflarska
Uniwersytet Mikołaja Kopernika w Toruniu, Collegium Medicum w Bydgoszczy, Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii, Alergologii i Gastroenterologii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 22:154-8. 2007..In children these drugs are the most frequently use in gastritis and duodenitis, ulcer disease with coexistence of Helicobacter pylori infection and gastroesophageal reflux disease...
- [The stomach and duodenum condition in patients with chronic obstructive lung diseases]T A Fedorova
Klin Med (Mosk) 81:31-3. 2003..The severity of atrophic gastritis increases with the longer duration of COPD and with more severity of hypoxia and bronchial obstruction...
- [Comparison of diagnostic methods for Helicobacter pylori detection and identification of cagA gene in clinical specimens]Halina M Radosz-Komoniewska
Zakładu Mikrobiologii, Slaskiej Akademii Medycznej w Katowicach
Wiad Lek 57:617-22. 2004..This gene was presented in all of patients with stomach ulcer, in 75.0% of patients with duodenitis, 69.6% of patients with duodenal ulcer and 58.3% of patients with gastritis. H...
- Upper gastrointestinal lesions in children on chronic haemodialysisOlivera Marsenic
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:2687-8. 2003
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication on development of dyspeptic and reflux disease in healthy asymptomatic subjectsD Vaira
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gut 52:1543-7. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess the effect of eradication therapy on the development of dyspeptic and gastro-oesophageal reflux disease in a cohort of asymptomatic individuals observed over a prolonged period...
- Evaluation of 99mTc-HMPAO leukocyte scintigraphy in the investigation of pediatric inflammatory bowel diseaseLena Grahnquist
Institute of Child Health, University of Birmingham and Department of Gastroenterology, Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Trust, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Pediatr 143:48-53. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: (99m)Tc-HMPAO leukocyte scintigraphy should not be relied on as a screening test for IBD because false negative results are common. This method is especially unreliable at detecting disease in the proximal gut...
- Collagenous gastritis: a rare cause of abdominal pain and iron-deficiency anemiaMichal Kori
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Kaplan Medical Center, PO Box 1, Rehovot, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:603-6. 2007
- The effect of chronic alcohol abuse on gastric and duodenal mucosaAnna Bienia
Department of Internal and Occupational Diseases, Institute of Rural Medicine, Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska [Med] 57:570-82. 2002..The longer the addiction, the lower the secretion of hydrochloric acid is...
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication on bulbitis and duodenal gastric metaplasiaRenzo Suriani
Department of Gastroenterology Ospedale Nuovo, Rivoli, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 51:176-80. 2004..The extension of duodenal gastric metaplasia with time following recovery from peptic ulcer disease may represent a mucosal protection factor against acid...
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: medical managementWilliam J Tremaine
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 9:127-8; discussion 131. 2003
- Gastric metaplasia and chronic inflammation at the duodenal bulb mucosaM Voutilainen
South Karelia Central Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine, Valto Käkelän katu 14 A, FIN 53130 Lappeenranta, Finland
Dig Liver Dis 35:94-8. 2003..Chronic inflammation and gastric metaplasia are often observed in biopsy specimens from the duodenal bulb of Heliobacter pylori positive patients with duodenal ulcer disease (DU)...
- A simple method to demonstrate duodenal gastric metaplasiaC A Rubio
Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology Research Laboratory, Karolinska Institute and Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Pathol 55:520-3. 2002..Recently, groups of duodenal columnar cells were seen to be autofluorescent in haematoxylin and eosin (H&E) stained sections from a patient with DGM...
- Self-administered symptom questionnaires in patients with dyspepsia and their yield in discriminating between endoscopic diagnosesE Bolling-Sternevald
Department of Biomedicine, Linköping Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Dig Dis 20:191-8. 2002..We aimed at evaluating whether specific gastrointestinal symptoms, identified by self-administered questionnaires, correlate with specific endoscopic diagnoses and discriminate organic from functional dyspepsia...
- [Clinical and histological features of duodenal ulcer in children and adolescents]Elisabete Kawakami
, , SP
J Pediatr (Rio J) 80:321-5. 2004..CONCLUSION: Duodenal ulcer was associated with chronic gastritis due to Helicobacter pylori in the majority of patients. Many complications occurred, especially upper digestive bleeding...
- Frequency of occurrence of Campylobacter pylori and analysis of the systemic and local immune responseA M Hirschl
Hygiene Institute, University of Vienna
Zentralbl Bakteriol Mikrobiol Hyg A 266:526-42. 1987..of 60 (98%) with duodenal ulcer, from 24 out of 31 (77%) with gastric erosions, from 10 out of 10 (100%) with duodenitis, from 14 out of 16 (88%) with chronic active gastritis, from 40 out of 73 (55%) with chronic inactive gastritis ..
- CD4+CD45RBHi interleukin-4 defective T cells elicit antral gastritis and duodenitisTaeko Dohi
Department of Gastroenterology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, 1 21 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
Am J Pathol 165:1257-68. 2004..Recipients of both wt and IL-4(-/-) RB(Hi) T cells developed duodenitis with multinuclear giant cells, expansion of mucosal macrophages, and dendritic cells...
- [Prevalence of inflammatory changes of gastric and/or duodenal mucosa among children and youth with gastroesophageal reflux]Aleksandra Nowak
Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii, Alergologii i Gastroenterologii, Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera, ul M Skłodowskiej Curie 9, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:637-45. 2005..The aim of the study was to estimate the prevalence of inflammatory changes of gastric and / or duodenal mucosa among children and youth with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Relationship of gastric metaplasia and age, sex, smoking and Helicobacter pylori infection in patients with duodenal ulcer and duodenitisJ Bago
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 24:157-65. 2000..pylori infection. In the study 216 patients were included. There were 98 patients with duodenal ulcer, 60 with duodenitis, and 58 healthy control subjects...
- Cysteinyl leukotriene levels in esophageal mucosal biopsies of children with eosinophilic inflammation: are they all the same?Sandeep K Gupta
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:1125-8. 2006..Cysteinyl leukotrienes (CysLT) are eosinophil chemoattractants. We studied CysLT levels in esophageal mucosa of children with AEE and controls...
- [Clinical picture and morphological changes of upper intestinal tract mucosa in children with Helicobacter pylori infection]Elzbieta Maciorkowska
Pol Merkur Lekarski 17:311-5. 2004....
- Helicobacter pylori: the Middle East scenarioB H Novis
Gastroenterology Unit, Meir Hospital, Kfar Saba, Israel
Yale J Biol Med 71:135-41. 1998..The H. pylori scenario from the prevalence rates, treatment protocols and responses to treatment does not differ very much from other developing areas of the world...
- Direct visualization of intestinal villi by high-resolution magnifying upper endoscopy: a validation studyGiovanni Cammarota
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Pathology, Catholic University of Medicine and Surgery, Rome, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 60:732-8. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: High-resolution magnifying upper endoscopy can reliably predict the presence or the absence of duodenal villi...
- A case of toxic epidermal necrolysis with involvement of the GI tract after systemic contrast agent application at cardiac catheterizationAustin Garza
Department of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Department of Cardiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:638-42. 2005
- Endoscopic duodenitis, gastric metaplasia and Helicobacter pyloriY Urakami
Department of Gastroenterology, Urakami Gastro Clinic, Tokushima, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:513-8. 2001..to investigate the relationship between gastric metaplasia and Helicobacter pylori in patients with endoscopic duodenitis. METHODS: The subjects were 57 patients with endoscopic duodentitis with or without H...
- [Characteristics of aggressive and protective factors in erosive lesions of gastroduodenal mucosa]E V Belova
Ter Arkh 74:17-20. 2002....
- Mucosal proinflammatory cytokine and chemokine expression of gastroduodenal lesions in Crohn's diseaseT Moriyama
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi, Fukuoka, Japan
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 21:85-91. 2005..The stomach and the duodenum are frequent sites of involvement by diminutive lesions in Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Brush cytology: an adjunct to diagnostic upper GI endoscopyA K Patwari
Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Kalawati Saran Children's Hospital, New Delhi, India
Indian J Pediatr 68:515-8. 2001..Our results suggest that EBC is a safe and useful tool to enhance the value of diagnostic endoscopic procedure when used in combination with routine EGB...
- Ultrastructural changes in non-specific duodenitisCheng Xin Wang
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, School of Medicine and Life Sciences, Jianghan University, Wuhan 430056, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:686-9. 2005To investigate the ultrastructural and morphological changes of non-specific duodenitis (NSD) in an attempt to grade them according to the extent of the lesions.
- [Analysis of the importance of Helicobacter pylori strains in children with gastric and duodenal mucosal inflammatory changes]Grazyna Mierzwa
Katedra i Klinika Pediatrii, Alergologii i Gastroenterologii, Collegium Medicum im L Rydygiera, ul M Skłodowskiej Curie 9, 85 094 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:647-54. 2005The role of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection in etiopathogenesis of gastritis and/or duodenitis is well recognized and proven. H. pylori infection also concerns children and youth. It was proven that CagA(+) strains of H...
- Gastroduodenitis associated with yttrium 90-microsphere selective internal radiation: an iatrogenic complication in need of recognitionFumihiro Ogawa
Gastrointestinal Pathology Service, Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, MA 02114 2696, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1734-8. 2008..During administration of microspheres via the hepatic artery branches, some may on occasion be misdirected and be caught in the capillary bed of the duodenal and/or stomach...
- [Influence of glucocorticoid steroid therapy on gastric and duodenal mucosa and Helicobacter pylori infection in children with nephrotic syndrome]M Zajaczkowska
Klinika Pediatrii i Nefrologii DSK AM w Lublinie
Pol Merkur Lekarski 10:165-7. 2001..3. Frequency of coexistent HP infection increases with prednisone therapy duration. 4. Prednisone therapy of nephrotic children is indication for gastric and duodenal endoscopic examination...
- Clinical quiz: Helicobacter pylori gastroduodenitisEgidio Barbi
Department of Paediatrics, I.R.C.C.S. Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:133-4. 2005
- A historical perspective of Helicobacter gastroduodenitis and its complicationsBrian J Egan
Department of Gastroenterology, Adelaide and Meath Hospital Tallaght, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 21:335-46. 2007..pylori, and the recognition of its importance, came about as a consequence of combined clinical, pathological and microbiological work. The discovery has transformed the treatment of peptic ulcers and other related diseases...
- Immunoreactivity for CD25 in gastrointestinal mucosal mast cells is specific for systemic mastocytosisHejin P Hahn
Department of Pathology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 31:1669-76. 2007..stomach, duodenum, terminal ileum, and colon, Helicobacter pylori gastritis, bile reflux gastropathy, peptic duodenitis, celiac disease, Crohn disease, ulcerative colitis, lymphocytic colitis, and collagenous colitis, 20 biopsies ..
- Microsporidia in the small intestine of HIV-infected patients. A new diagnostic technique and a new speciesA S Field
St Vincent s Hospital, Darlinghurst, NSW
Med J Aust 158:390-4. 1993..To determine whether microsporidian infections occur in Australian patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), to assess the incidence, and to discuss microscopic detection methods...
- Seroprevalence of eight Helicobacter pylori antigens among 182 patients with peptic ulcer, MALT gastric lymphoma or non-ulcer dyspepsia. Higher rate of seroreactivity against CagA and 35-kDa antigens in patients with peptic ulcer originating from Europe aD Lamarque
Service d hépatologie et de gastroentérologie, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:721-6. 1999..It has been suggested that Helicobacter pylori may induce more or less severe gastroduodenal disease according to the strain virulence...
- Gastric foveolar metaplasia and gastric heterotopia in the duodenum: no evidence of an etiologic role for Helicobacter pyloriRobert M Genta
Caris Diagnostics, Gastrointestinal Pathology, Irving, TX 75039, USA
Hum Pathol 41:1593-600. 2010..The duodenal findings of patients with duodenitis, gastric metaplasia, and gastric heterotopia were correlated with gastric pathology, Helicobacter pylori status, ..
- Helicobacter pylori infection, gastric metaplasia in the duodenum and the relationship with ulcer recurrenceJ P Gisbert
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospital of La Princesa, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:1295-8. 2000..pylori) infection and gastric metaplasia (GM) in the duodenum a large group of patients with duodenal ulcer was evaluated to determine whether these factors are related to the number of ulcer recurrences...
- Clopidogrel plus omeprazole compared with aspirin plus omeprazole for aspirin-induced symptomatic peptic ulcers/erosions with low to moderate bleeding/re-bleeding risk -- a single-blind, randomized controlled studyF H Ng
Department of Medicine, Ruttonjee Hospital, Hong Kong
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 19:359-65. 2004..Clopidogrel causes significantly less symptomatic peptic ulcer disease and gastrointestinal bleeding than low-dose aspirin in average-risk patients. The gastrotoxicity of clopidogrel in patients with active peptic ulcer disease is unknown...
- Helicobacter pylori infection in childhood: results of management with ranitidine bismuth citrate plus amoxicillin and tinidazoleA A Nijevitch
Children s Republican Hospital, Ufa, Russia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1243-50. 2000..To verify whether a triple therapy bismuth citrate plus amoxicillin and tinidazole eradicates H. pylori infection in pediatric patients...
- Gastroduodenal lesions and Helicobacter pylori infection in hemodialysis patientsSamir H Al-Mueilo
Department of Internal Medicine, King Fahd Hospital of the University, PO Box 40154, Al Khobar 31952, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:1010-4. 2004..The purpose of this prospective study is to determine the prevalence of upper gastrointestinal (GI) abnormalities and Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection among stable chronic hemodialysis (HD) patients...
- Mucosal pathology of the upper gastrointestinal tract associated with intensive chemotherapy in children: vitamin A supplements do not prevent lesionsJorma Kokkonen
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescence, Oulu University Hospital, Finland
Pediatr Hematol Oncol 19:181-92. 2002..Endoscopic abnormalities were found in 13 (65 %) subjects: esophagitis in 10, erosive duodenitis in 8, and gastritis in 7...
- Morphological changes of rat jejunum after whole body gamma-irradiation and their impact in biodosimetryD Driak
Gynaecological Obstetric Clinic, University Hospital Bulovka, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 57:475-9. 2008..It represents an absolutely lethal clinical-pathological unit, enteritis necro-hemorrhagica (duodenitis, jejunitis, ileitis, respectively) with unknown causal therapy...
- Excess costs from gastrointestinal disease associated with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugsW E Smalley
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn, USA
J Gen Intern Med 11:461-9. 1996..gastrointestinal disorders; hospitalizations/emergency department visits for peptic ulcers, gastritis/duodenitis, and gastrointestinal bleeding; outpatient upper and lower gastrointestinal tract radiologic and endoscopic ..
- Is upper gastrointestinal radiography necessary in the initial management of uncomplicated dyspepsia? A randomized controlled trial comparing empiric antacid therapy plus patient reassurance with traditional careJ D Goodson
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114
J Gen Intern Med 4:367-74. 1989....
- Diagnostic value of esophagogastroduodenoscopy in patients with ileal pouch-anal anastomosisBo Shen
Digestive Disease Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:395-401. 2009..The aim was to estimate the prevalence of upper gastrointestinal (GI) diseases detected by EGD and to assess factors associated with the abnormal EGD findings...
- Gastrointestinal manifestation and outcome of Henoch-Schonlein purpura in childrenH C Chao
Division of Gastroenterlogy, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Children Hospital, Taipei
Chang Gung Med J 23:135-41. 2000..hematemesis, leukocytosis (>20000/cmm), high C-reactive protein (>50 mg/l), and hemorrhagic erosive duodenitis were found to correlate with prolonged hospitalization...
- Endoscopic and histological changes in upper gastrointestinal tract of patients with chronic renal failureVatsala Misra
Department of Pathology, MLN Medical College, Allahabad
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:170-3. 2004..2% Vs 54%; p< 0.01). Endoscopic examination of duodenum mainly showed duodenitis, pale mucosa, oedema and nodularity. Brunner's gland hyperplasia (82.4%), duodenitis (70...
- Follow up after successful eradication of Helicobacter pylori: symptoms and reinfectionA G Fraser
Department of Medicine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:555-9. 1998..The endoscopic diagnoses were duodenal ulcer 72, duodenitis 17, gastric ulcer 26, normal or oesophagitis 52...
- Gastrointestinal manifestations of Henoch-Schonlein PurpuraEllen C Ebert
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, One Robert Wood Johnson Place, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:2011-9. 2008..There are a range of endoscopic findings including gastritis, duodenitis, ulceration, and purpura, with the second portion of the duodenum characteristically being involved more than ..
- Wild-type and interleukin-10-deficient regulatory T cells reduce effector T-cell-mediated gastroduodenitis in Rag2-/- mice, but only wild-type regulatory T cells suppress Helicobacter pylori gastritisChung Wei Lee
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Infect Immun 75:2699-707. 2007..T(E) cell transfer caused morbidity and an H. pylori-independent pangastritis and duodenitis (gastroduodenitis) associated with increased expression of gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) and tumor necrosis ..
- Capsule endoscopy's impact on clinical management and outcomes: a single-center experience with 145 patientsElaine Toy
Division of Medicine and Gastroenterology, Kaiser Permanente, Sacramento, California 95825, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:3022-8. 2008..However, there have not been many studies supporting capsule endoscopy's impact on clinical outcomes. This study is a chart review evaluating the diagnostic yield and the impact of CE on management and clinical outcomes...
- Clinical efficacy and pharmacokinetics of montelukast in dyspeptic children with duodenal eosinophiliaCraig A Friesen
Section of Gastroenterology, The Children s Mercy Hospital and Clinics, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 38:343-51. 2004..We evaluated the effect of this drug in children with eosinophilic duodenitis, defined histologically as duodenal mucosa with peak eosinophil count of more than 10 eosinophils/hpf.
- Differences in the diagnostic yield of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in dyspeptic patients receiving proton-pump inhibitors and H2-receptor antagonistsR M S Mitchell
Dept of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Endoscopy 34:524-6. 2002....
- Cytomegalovirus pseudotumor of the duodenum in a patient with AIDS: an unrecognized and potentially treatable clinical entityTheodoros Kelesidis
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02135, USA
Int J Infect Dis 14:e274-82. 2010..CMV-induced pseudotumor in patients with AIDS is an exceptionally rare clinical entity, and to our knowledge no reports have previously summarized this clinical entity...
- Radiation recall phenomenon secondary to capecitabine: possible role of thymidine phosphorylaseMuhammad Wasif Saif
Section of Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, FMP 116, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 58:771-5. 2006..We previously reported the first case of recall syndrome manifesting as diffuse gastritis and duodenitis related to capecitabine with prior XRT with 5-FU in a pancreatic cancer patient (Saif; JARCET)...
- Evaluation of the use of rapid urease test: Pronto Dry to detect H pylori in patients with dyspepsia in several cities in IndonesiaA F Syam
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Dr Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia, Jakarta 10430, Indonesia
World J Gastroenterol 12:6216-8. 2006..To evaluate Pronto Dry examination in patients with dyspepsia...
- [A young man with chronic diarrhea and epigastric pain]Juliane Buchkremer
Medizinische Klinik für Gastroenterologie, Infektiologie und Rheumatologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Med Klin (Munich) 105:242-5. 2010..Before admission, upper and lower gastrointestinal endoscopy had shown a mild erosive duodenitis and the patient was started on a proton pump inhibitor...
- [Studies on relationship between immunodeficiency in HIV-infected people and condition of upper gastrointestinal tract mucosa, prevalence of mycosis and Helicobacter pylori infection]Paweł Skwara
Katedra Gastroenterologii, Hepatologii i Chorób Zakaźnych Collegium Medicum, Uniwersytetu Jagiellonskiego w Krakowie
Przegl Lek 62:1401-4. 2005..b>Duodenitis and duodenal erosions were also less frequent in them...
- Gastroenteritis in NF-kappaB-deficient mice is produced with wild-type Camplyobacter jejuni but not with C. jejuni lacking cytolethal distending toxin despite persistent colonization with both strainsJames G Fox
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Infect Immun 72:1116-25. 2004..Wild-type C. jejuni caused moderately severe gastritis and proximal duodenitis in 3X mice that were more severe than the gastrointestinal lesions caused by the C. jejuni cdtB mutant...
- [Mitral valve endocarditis caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae]J P Heidrich
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Medizinische Universitat zu Lubeck
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 126:431-3. 2001..The clinical examination showed a patient of impaired general condition. The heart and lungs were auscultatory normal and there were no signs of dyspnea, cyanosis or inflammatory skin lesions...
- Mallory-Weiss syndrome in childrenL Bak Romaniszyn
Department of Pediatrics, Military Medical University, Institute of Polish Mothers Memorial Hospital,
Dis Esophagus 12:65-7. 1999..In four children, Mallory-Weiss syndrome was accompanied by gastritis and duodenitis; two of these children had Helicobacter pylori infection. The concomitant diseases were H...
- [Reactive hemophagocytosis syndrome as a rare cause of fatal pancytopenia]J E Kulemann
Medizinische Klinik I, Abteilung Gastroenterologie und Infektiologie, Städtischen Kliniken Oldenburg
Med Klin (Munich) 96:287-91. 2001..After initial diagnosis of an unclear infection with Candida esophagitis, unspecific duodenitis, proctitis and liver damage there was a further clinical deterioration during antibiotic and symptomatic therapy...
- Appropriateness of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy in children: a retrospective studyPrévost Jantchou
Pediatrics Department, Besançon Teaching Hospital, Besancon, France
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 44:440-5. 2007..Recommendations for UGIE use in children were published recently by the French-language Paediatric Hepatology, Gastroenterology, and Nutrition Group (GFHGNP)...
- Pathological and clinical significance of increased intraepithelial lymphocytes (IELs) in small bowel mucosaFuju Chang
Department of Histopathology, St Thomas Hospital, Guy s and St Thomas NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
APMIS 113:385-99. 2005..autoimmune disorders, tropical sprue, food protein intolerance, Helicobacter pylori-associated gastritis, peptic duodenitis, parasitic and viral infections, as well as the development of intestinal lymphoma...
- Impact of the recommendations made by Spanish Club for the Study of Helicobacter pylori on eradication indicationsC Taxonera
Servicio Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Prof Martin Lagos s n 28040 Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 94:332-9. 2002..The aim of our study was to assess whether the publication of these recommendations in November 1999 induced a change on the indications of eradication in the referring primary care district...
- Abdominal manifestations of cystic fibrosis in childrenGulraiz Chaudry
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 36:233-40. 2006..Less-common gastrointestinal manifestations include intussusception, duodenitis and fecal impaction of the appendix. Most children also show evidence of exocrine pancreatic deficiency...
- The role of endoscopy in the evaluation of iron deficiency anemia in premenopausal womenZvi Fireman
Department of Gastroenterology, Hillel Yaffe Medical Center, Hadera, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 8:88-90. 2006..Iron deficiency anemia in premenopausal women is often treated with simple iron replacement under the assumption that the condition is due to excessive menstrual blood loss...
- Safety of trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine in children 6 to 23 months oldSimon J Hambidge
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
JAMA 296:1990-7. 2006..Beginning with the winter season of 2004-2005, influenza vaccination has been recommended for all children 6 to 23 months old in the United States. However, its safety in young children has not been adequately studied in large populations...
- Mucosal pathology of the foregut associated with food allergy and recurrent abdominal pains in childrenJ Kokkonen
Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital, Oulu, Finland
Acta Paediatr 90:16-21. 2001..abnormalities were found in 38 (45%) subjects: oesophagitis in 17, gastric erosions in 8, lymphonodular duodenitis in 12 and erosive duodenitis in 5...
- Useful biomarkers in pediatric eosinophilic duodenitis and their existence: a case-control, single-blind, observational pilot studyNancy A Neilan
Section of Gastroenterology, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:377-84. 2010The aim of this study was to determine whether screening for food hypersensitivity could be a clinically useful biomarker for eosinophilic duodenitis in the pediatric population.
- Cytokine expression in an ex vivo culture system of duodenal samples from dogs with chronic enteropathies: modulation by probiotic bacteriaS N Sauter
Division of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Institute of Animal Genetics, Nutrition and Housing, University of Bern, Bremgartenstrasse 109a, 300 Bern, Switzerland
Domest Anim Endocrinol 29:605-22. 2005..analyses, no pathological changes or only mild to moderate eosinophilic and/or lymphoplasmacytic duodenitis were diagnosed...
- Clinical relevance of CagA-specific antibodies related to CagA status of Helicobacter pylori isolates using immunofluorescence test and PCRR Krausse
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Virology, University of Kiel, Germany
Infection 29:154-8. 2001..The cagA (cytotoxin-associated gene A) protein is found in about 50% of Helicobacter pylori strains; its clinical relevance in gastroduodenal disease is uncertain...
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use does not affect short-term endoscopic and histologic outcomes after Helicobacter pylori eradication in patients with rheumatoid arthritisEiichi Tanaka
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 17:228-34. 2007..for one duodenal ulcer that persisted, where one patient newly developed a gastric ulcer, one developed erosive duodenitis, and two developed reflux esophagitis, all in NSAID users; (3) neutrophil infiltration and chronic inflammation ..
- Combination of Helicobacter pylori strain and tumor necrosis factor-alpha polymorphism of the host increases the risk of peptic ulcer disease in childrenMichael Wilschanski
Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition Unit, Division of Pediatrics, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:199-203. 2007..We have previously reported that iceA1 strains tend to be associated with duodenal disease in children. However, the pathogenesis probably does not depend solely on the H pylori strain but also on the variability of the host response...
- Association of endoscopic appearances with dyspeptic symptomsTomomitsu Tahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Toyoake, 470 1192, Japan
J Gastroenterol 43:208-15. 2008The relationship between endoscopic appearances such as endoscopic gastritis and duodenitis and dyspeptic symptoms has not been clearly demonstrated...
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopic findings in adolescents at Lacor Hospital, UgandaTom Richard Okello
St Mary s Hospital, Gulu University, Faculty of Medicine, Lacor, Gulu Uganda
Afr Health Sci 6:39-42. 2006..Fiberoptic endoscopy is a highly efficient diagnostic tool, which is now being increasingly used, in the pediatric age group. This study has been carried out to demonstrate indications for and common findings of endoscopy in children...
- Endoscopic and symptoms analysis in Mexican patients with irritable Bowel syndrome, dyspepsia, and gastroesophageal reflux diseaseSantiago Camacho
Gastroenterology service U 107, Endoscopy Uni, Experimental Medicine and Motility Unit, Mexico City General Hospital, Mexico, DF, Mexico
An Acad Bras Cienc 82:953-62. 2010..were associated with the presence of esophagitis; acid eructation, regurgitation and nocturnal pain with duodenitis; and heartburn and regurgitation with hiatus hernia...
- Helicobacter pylori in gastroduodenal diseasesOladejo O Lawal
Department of Surgery, College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, 220005 Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
J Natl Med Assoc 99:31-4. 2007..To determine the prevalence and disease association of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) in dyspeptic patients in southwest Nigeria. Setting: Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-lfe, Nigeria...
- Additive deleterious effect of smoking on gastroduodenal pathology and clinical course in Helicobacter pylori-positive dyspeptic patientsM Moshkowitz
Department of Gastroenterology, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 2:892-5. 2000..Cigarette smoking has long been regarded as an important factor in the pathogenesis of peptic ulcer disease...
- DUODENAL MUCOSAL DEFENSE MECHANISMJonathan Kaunitz; Fiscal Year: 2001..These duodenal Hp produce duodenitis, which then in some fashion impair mucosal defense, producing duodenal ulcers...
- INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTES RELATION TO EPITHELIAL CELLSEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 1992..Human IEL are a little-understood compartment of lymphocytes whose interactions with EC have never been studied. Yet, these interactions may be critical to the mucosal immune network...
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori pathogenesis and specifically evaluate the role of regulatory T cells in limiting H. pylori-induced gastric pathology. ..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2007..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- Helicobacter induced hepatitis and tumorigenesisJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2009..A more complete understanding of the etiopathogenesis of hepatobiliary disease and hepatocellular carcinoma is likely to result in new strategies for treatment and prevention of these important human diseases. ..
- Different bacterial species selectively induce TH1 cellsSandra Kim; Fiscal Year: 2007..c. Determining if recombinant nonpathogenic bacteria engineered to expressing the dominant E.faecalis epitope can induce T cell - mediated colitis and duodenitis.
- HUS Pathogenesis & clinical Outcome in an in vivo modelJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will use this model to study the pathogenesis of HUS and importantly to develop therapeutic regimens to prevent and treat EHEC disease. ..
- BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH TRAINING FOR VETERINARY SCIENTISTSJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2007..These students will spend a summer in the same research environment in which the postdoctoral fellows conduct their research. ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Microecology-murine gut-initiation & progression of IBDJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2005..prior and subsequent to oral vaccination with Helicobacter spp. antigens and mucosal adjuvants, elucidate how these vaccine strategies influence microflora dynamics and impact gut cytokine responses. ..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 1999..Thirdly, the choice of virulence factors ot be tested in vivo will in part be determined by in vitro assays as well as screening H. pylori isogenic mutants in a mouse model, recently developed in our laboratory. ..
- Clinical Approaches to Ileal Pouch DysfunctionBo Shen; Fiscal Year: 2005..The AIMS of study are to 1) investigate visceral hypersensitivity using barostat examination of the pouch; 2) conduct a randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluating the use of amitriptyline in IPS. ..
- IN VIVO PATHOGENESIS OF HELICOBACTER PYLORIJames Fox; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN INTRAEPITHELIAL LYMPHOCYTESEllen Ebert; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will determine the mechanism of IEL chemotaxis toward secreted products of ECs, why IL-15 is more potent than IL-2 in inducing LAK activity by IELs, and how IL-10 and IL-12 augment this activity. ..