Summary: An abnormal anatomical passage between the RECTUM and the VAGINA.
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- [Evaluation of late results in the children with anorectal anomalies]Ewa Sawicka
Klinika Chirurgii Dzieci i Młodziezy, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, ul Kasprzaka 17a, 01 211 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:695-726. 2005..Anorectal malformations constitute the most varied group of congenital defects. Constant challenge for the surgeon being engaged in this subject are the studies of new factors which could improve the functional results of treatment...
- Rectovaginal fistula in Crohn's diseaseS M Andreani
Department of Surgery, Frimley Park Hospital, Portsmouth Road, Frimley, Surrey, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 50:2215-22. 2007..Rectovaginal fistulas are difficult to treat despite multimodal therapy. This study was designed to review the current strategic options to best manage this condition...
- Rectovaginal fistula: a common diagnostic error with significant consequences in girls with anorectal malformationsNelson G Rosen
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children s Hospital, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:961-5; discussion 961-5. 2002b>Rectovaginal fistula is a term that continues to be used frequently to describe girls with anorectal malformations. This study attempts to evaluate the true frequency of this anomaly and the consequences of its misdiagnosis.
- [Martius flap: bulbocavernous interposition flap]J L Faucheron
Unité de chirurgie colorectale, Departement de chirurgie digestive et de l urgence, Hopital Albert Michallon, Grenoble
J Chir (Paris) 143:298-301. 2006
- Obstetric fistula and stigmaMaggie Bangser
Women s Dignity Project, PO Box 79402, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Lancet 367:535-6. 2006
- Risk factors for obstetric fistulae in north-eastern NigeriaG S Melah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Federal Medical Centre Gombe, Gombe, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:819-23. 2007..In a male dominated society, reaching out to men with traditionally palatable messages that will change their attitude and practices to taking responsibility in reproductive health could be a winning strategy...
- Complex obstetric fistulasR R Genadry
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S51-6. 2007..The severity of the neurovascular alterations associated with these lesions, as well as inescapable limitations in staff, health facilities, and supplies, make their optimal management very challenging...
- Obstetric fistulae: a study of women managed at the Monze Mission Hospital, ZambiaA Holme
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
BJOG 114:1010-7. 2007..The objective of this study was to describe and compare characteristics of women with obstetric fistula...
- Obstetric fistulas in rural PakistanA H Jokhio
Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences, Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 95:288-9. 2006
- Serious unconventional complications of surgery with stapler for haemorrhoidal prolapse and obstructed defaecation because of rectocoele and rectal intussusceptionG Naldini
Department of General Surgery IV, Santa Chiara Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Colorectal Dis 13:323-7. 2011..Unfortunately, serious complications have been identified. The aim of the present study was to analyse the complications and their treatment to see where they might be avoided and to determine best management...
- A serious complication following placement of posterior ProliftR Keith Huffaker
Section of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Scott and White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, Temple, TX 76508, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 20:1383-5. 2009A 32-year-old female with Crohn's disease experienced a rectovaginal fistula and abscess with rectal expulsion of posterior Prolift...
- Rectovaginal fistula following double-stapling anastomosis in low anterior resection for rectal cancerNorifumi Tsutsumi
Department of Surgery, Sawara Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1682-3. 2007The rectovaginal fistula is a rare complication after low anterior resection for rectal cancer, but its management is difficult and the result is often unsatisfactory...
- Rectovaginal fistula: a new approach by stapled transanal rectal resectionGiovanni Li Destri
Department of Surgical Sciences, Organ Transplantation, Advanced Technologies, University of Catania, Via Guicciardini 6, 95030, Sant Agata Li Battiati, Catania, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 12:601-3. 2008..The authors report a case of relatively uncommon, complex, medium-high post-obstetric rectovaginal fistula without sphincteral lesions and treated with a novel tailored technique...
- Interposition of vital bulbocavernosus graft in the treatment of both simple and recurrent rectovaginal fistulasLong Cui
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Shanghai XinHua Hospital Shanghai JiaoTong University School of Medicine, 1665 Kong Jiang Road, Shanghai 200092, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 24:1255-9. 2009The objective of the study is to assess the efficacy of vital bulbocavernosus graft transposition in the treatment of rectovaginal fistula.
- Surgical approaches to postobstetrical perineal body defects (rectovaginal fistula and chronic third and fourth-degree lacerations)John O L Delancey
Department Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan, Women s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 53:134-44. 2010..Key concepts include a tension-free repair, meticulous hemostasis, and postoperative bowel management...
- Obstetric and cryptoglandular rectovaginal fistulas: long-term surgical outcome; quality of life; and sexual functionGalal El-Gazzaz
Pelvic Floor Unit, Department of Colorectal Surgery, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1758-63. 2010b>Rectovaginal fistula (RVF) repair can be challenging. Additionally, women may experience sexual dysfunction and psychosocial ramifications even after a successful repair...
- Rectovaginal fistulaTheodore J Saclarides
Rush Medical College, Rush University, 600 South Paulina Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Surg Clin North Am 82:1261-72. 2002..Radiation-induced fistulas may be secondary to cancer recurrence, which must be excluded. If the patient is not a candidate for a radical resectional approach, fecal diversion alone should be performed...
- Genitourinary and rectovaginal fistulae in Adigrat Zonal Hospital, Tigray, north EthiopiaAmanuel Gessessew
Adigrat Zonal Hospital, P O Box 27, Adigrat, Tigray, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 41:123-30. 2003..A retrospective review of charts and operating room records of patients admitted for genitourinary and/or rectovaginal fistula to the gynecological ward of the study Hospital from April 1, 1993 to March 30, 2001 was conducted...
- Colovaginal fistulas. Etiology and managementAnil M Bahadursingh
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Reprod Med 48:489-95. 2003..To review the diagnosis and treatment of colovaginal fistulas from various causes...
- Transperineal repair of obstetric-related anovaginal fistulaSimon S B Chew
Colorectal Unit, University Department of Surgery, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 44:68-71. 2004..To describe an operative technique for the repair of anovaginal fistulae secondary to obstetric injury and to assess its functional outcome and patient satisfaction...
- Rectovaginal fistula after Posterior Intravaginal Slingplasty and polypropylene mesh augmented rectocele repairWesley S Hilger
Department of Gynecology, Mayo Clinic Hospital, 5777 East Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:89-92. 2006..There is little data on the complications of these procedures alone or in combination. The first report of rectovaginal fistula after Posterior Intravaginal Slingplasty with graft augmented rectocele repair is presented...
- Urogenital and recto-vaginal fistulas in southern Malawi: a report on 407 patientsY Rijken
University of Malawi, College of Medicine, Blantyre, Chichiri, Malawi
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S85-9. 2007..2% of the patients immediately after repair and in 6.2% after 6 months. The latter rate is certainly too low, however, as 26 of 63 patients were lost to follow-up. A national fistula task force has been set up in Malawi...
- Rectovaginal fistula as a complication to a Bartholin gland excisionEmily Zoulek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mercy Health Partners, Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Obstet Gynecol 118:489-91. 2011b>Rectovaginal fistula is a rare complication of inflammatory bowel disease, obstetric trauma, pelvic surgery, radiation, and trauma. We present a rectovaginal fistula occurring after an excision of a Bartholin gland.
- Non-operative management of a rectovaginal fistula complicating stapled haemorrhoidectomyAlfredo Giordano
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:727-8. 2008
- Lower reproductive tract fistula repairs in inpatient US women, 1979-2006Heidi W Brown
Division of Urogynecology, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Magee Womens Hospital, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Int Urogynecol J 23:403-10. 2012..The objective of the study was to characterize trends in lower reproductive tract fistula (LRTF) repair in inpatient US women from 1979 to 2006...
- Rectovaginal fistulaBradley J Champagne
Division of Colorectal Surgery, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106 5047, USA
Surg Clin North Am 90:69-82, Table of Contents. 2010Despite the prevalence and severe implications of rectovaginal fistula, there is no universally accepted evidence-based approach to surgical management...
- Laparoscopic fistula excision and omentoplasty for high rectovaginal fistulas: a prospective study of 40 patientsStephan J van der Hagen
Department of Surgery, Refaja Hospital Stadskanaal, University Hospital of Maastricht, Boerhaavestraat 1, 9501 HE Stadskanaal, Maastricht, Netherlands
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:1463-7. 2011The aim of this study is to prospectively evaluate 40 patients with a high rectovaginal fistula treated by a laparoscopic fistula division and closure, followed by an omentoplasty.
- Complications after sphincter-saving resection in rectal cancer patients according to whether chemoradiotherapy is performed before or after surgeryChan Wook Kim
Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:156-63. 2010....
- Current considerations in the management of rectovaginal fistula from Crohn's diseaseC D Hannaway
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Digestive Disease Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Colorectal Dis 10:747-55; discussion 755-6. 2008..In this article, we review the evaluation of these fistulas and the current options to consider in the treatment of Crohn's related rectovaginal fistula.
- Gracilis transposition for repair of recurrent anovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas in Crohn's diseaseAlois Fürst
Department of Surgery, Caritas Clinic St Josef, Landshuterstr 65, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 23:349-53. 2008..In these patients, local surgery (e.g., flap closure) has unsatisfactory results if the anal canal is destroyed by ulceration and indurations or in patients with extensive defects of the perineum...
- Anastomotic-vaginal fistula (AVF) after anterior resection of the rectum for cancer--occurrence and risk factorsP Matthiessen
Department of Surgery, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Colorectal Dis 12:351-7. 2010..The aim of the study was to assess recto-vaginal fistula (RVF) after anterior resection of the rectum for cancer with regard to occurrence and risk factors...
- Surgical management of complex obstetric fistula in EritreaAmreen Husain
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 14:839-44. 2005..To evaluate the incidence of and demographic characteristics associated with obstetric fistula in Eritrea. To determine the outcomes of surgical repair of complex fistula in Eritrea by a visiting surgical team...
- Rectovaginal fistulas after rectal cancer surgery: Incidence and operative repair by gluteal-fold flap repairChihiro Kosugi
Divisions of Colorectal Pelvic Surgery, National Cancer Center Hospital East, Kashiwa, Chiba, Japan
Surgery 137:329-36. 2005..We investigated the correlation between operative procedures for rectal carcinoma and postoperative rectovaginal fistulas (RVF), and treatment for RVF...
- Ischiorectal abscess and ischiorectal-vaginal fistula as delayed complications of posterior intravaginal slingplasty: a case reportHeidi Wen Chu Chen
Division of Urogynecology and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Reprod Med 54:645-8. 2009....
- [Individualised and differentiated treatment of rectovaginal fistula]F Kröpil
Uniklinikum Düsseldorf, Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Kinderchirurgie, Dusseldorf, Deutschland
Zentralbl Chir 135:307-11. 2010..Secondary repair may then be a better option. An initial approach with a local repair by preanal repair is justified in low RVF. For failures muscle flaps are promising...
- Current treatment of rectovaginal fistula in Crohn's diseaseYan Fei Zhu
Department of General Surgery, Wuxi People s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:963-7. 2011b>Rectovaginal fistula (RVF) continues to be the most difficult perianal manifestation of Crohn's disease to treat...
- Outcomes after repair of rectovaginal fistulas using bioprostheticsC Neal Ellis
Department of Surgery, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 51:1084-8. 2008..The purpose of this study was to report the outcomes with the use of advancement flaps and bioprosthetic grafts for the management of rectovaginal fistulas...
- Operative results and quality of life after gracilis muscle transposition for recurrent rectovaginal fistulaJ H Lefevre
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Beaujon Hospital AP HP, Clichy, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1290-5. 2009The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of gracilis muscle transposition for recurrent rectovaginal fistula.
- Laparoscopic repair of high rectovaginal fistula: is it technically feasible?Saravanan S Kumaran
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India
BMC Surg 5:20. 2005b>Rectovaginal fistula (RVF) is an epithelium-lined communication between the rectum and vagina. Most RVFs are acquired, the most common cause being obstetric trauma. Most of the high RVFs are repaired by conventional open surgery...
- Repair of recurrent rectovaginal fistulasA L Halverson
Department of Colorectal Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Surgery 130:753-7; discussion 757-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Most RRVFs can be successfully repaired, although repeated operations may be necessary. Delaying repair may improve outcome...
- Perianal fistulae following infliximab treatment: clinical and endosonographic outcomeSandro Ardizzone
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Azienda Ospedaliera Polo Universitario L Sacco, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G B Grassi, 74 20157 Milano, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:91-6. 2004..In this study, the clinical and endosonographic behavior of perianal fistulae were evaluated following infliximab infusions, as well as the role of anal endosonography (AE) in predicting their outcome...
- Are there predictors of outcome following rectovaginal fistula repair?Rodrigo A Pinto
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1240-7. 2010b>Rectovaginal fistula is a distressing condition for patients and for physicians who are continuously challenged in providing durable treatment options...
- Contrast-enhanced endosonography for the diagnosis of anal and anovaginal fistulasIwona Sudoł-Szopińska
Imaging Diagnostics Department, II Medical Faculty, Medical Academy, Kondratowicza 8, 03 285 Warsaw, Poland
J Clin Ultrasound 30:145-50. 2002..We assessed whether contrast-enhanced anal endosonography (AES) with hydrogen peroxide improves the identification of anal fistulas and their internal openings compared with non-contrast AES...
- A systematic review on advancement flaps for rectovaginal fistula in Crohn's disease: transrectal vs transvaginal approachC Ruffolo
Regional Hospital CA Foncello, Treviso, Italy
Colorectal Dis 12:1183-91. 2010..Transrectal (RAF) and transvaginal advancement flaps (VAF) represent two possible alternative surgical approaches to this problem. The study aims to review and compare the results of these approaches for RV fistula in CD...
- Long-term success rate after surgical treatment of anorectal and rectovaginal fistulas in Crohn's diseaseThorsten Löffler
Department of Surgery, University Hospital of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Colorectal Dis 24:521-6. 2009..The aim of this study was to summarize the results after surgical treatment of such fistulas in a large consecutive series of patients...
- The outcome of transanal advancement flap repair of rectovaginal fistulas is not improved by an additional labial fat flap transpositionD D E Zimmerman
Colorectal Research Group, Department of Surgery, H1043 Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Tech Coloproctol 6:37-42. 2002..The overall healing rate was 48%. In the first 9 patients, in whom no additional LFFT was performed, the rectovaginal fistula healed in 4 cases (44%)...
- Risk of fecal diversion in complicated perianal Crohn's diseaseM H Mueller
Department of Surgery, Ludwig Maximilians University, Marchioninistrasse 15, 83177, Munich, Grosshadern, and Department of General, Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University Hospital, Tubingen, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 11:529-37. 2007..In contrast, patients with perianal Crohn's disease who required surgery for small bowel disease or a segmental colon resection carried no risk of a permanent stoma...
- Long-term treatment of rectovaginal fistulas in Crohn's disease: response to infliximab in the ACCENT II StudyBruce E Sands
Gastrointestinal Unit and Center for the Study of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:912-20. 2004..This post hoc analysis was conducted to determine the efficacy and safety of infliximab therapy in women with rectovaginal fistulas...
- [Congenital rectovestibular fistula. An unusual diagnosis that should not be ignored]T Petit
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, CHU Caen Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen, France
Arch Pediatr 9:595-7. 2002..Rectovestibular fistula without anorectal malformation is a rare anomaly...
- Anovestibular fistula with normal anusTahmina Banu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chittagong Medical College and Hospital, Chittagong 4000, Bangladesh
J Pediatr Surg 43:526-9. 2008..The purpose of the study was to review a rare anomaly of anorectal malformations in girls, congenital anovestibular fistula (AVF) with normal anus, over a 12-year period...
- Transanal approach in repairing acquired rectovestibular fistula in femalesYa Jun Chen
Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100045, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2299-300. 2004..To summarize the operative experience of the transanal approach in acquired rectovestibular fistula repair...
- [Congenital H-type anorectal fistula: two case reports]T Meyer
Abteilung fur Kinderchirurgie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik und Poliklinik, Zentrum Operative Medizin, Bayerische Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg
Klin Padiatr 221:38-40. 2009..Up to now there was no relapse of the fistula or the abscess in both cases. Thus ASARVP can be used as a simple method for congenital H-type fistulas with excellent functional and anatomical results...
- Surgical treatment of rectovaginal fistula of obstetric origin: a review of 15 years' experience in a teaching hospitalM S Rahman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
J Obstet Gynaecol 23:607-10. 2003Fifty-two women with a rectovaginal fistula were managed over a period of 15 years...
- HIV-positive African children with rectal fistulaeR Wiersma
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Nelson R Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
J Pediatr Surg 38:62-4; discussion 62-4. 2003..Rectal fistulation is one such condition with which these patients present to the paediatric surgeon. This appeared to be an exclusively female condition until 2 male patients were treated recently...
- Rectovestibular fistula with normal anus: a simple resection or an extensive perineal dissection?Le Li
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Beijing Children s Hospital, The Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Pediatr Surg 45:519-24. 2010..The purpose of the study was to review a 10-year experience of operative procedures for rectovestibular fistula with normal anus (RVFNA) at one institution...
- Endorectal pull-through with posterior sagittal approach to the repair of postoperative rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulaA Kubota
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:1775-7. 2003Rectourethral (RUF) or rectovaginal fistula (RVF) is a troublesome complication after anorectal surgery because of dense adhesions around the fistula. The authors applied a new technique for the redo surgery.
- Dead women walking: neglected millions with obstetric fistulaS Ahmed
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S1-3. 2007
- Congenital H-type anovestibuler fistulaMesut Yazlcl
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, 09100 Aydln, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 9:881-2. 2003..Various surgical techniques with or without protective colostomy have been described for double termination repair. But there is no consensus regarding surgical management of double termination...
- Gracilis muscle transposition for fistulas between the rectum and urethra or vaginaOsnat Zmora
Colorectal Unit, Division of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1316-21. 2006..This study was designed to assess the efficacy of gracilis muscle transposition in repairing rectovaginal and rectourethral fistulas...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for treatment of rectovaginal fistula in perianal Crohn's disease: a new cell-based therapyDamian Garcia-Olmo
Department of General Surgery, La Paz University Hospital, Autonomous University of Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:451-4. 2003..Recent studies have shown that adult stem cells extracted from certain tissues, such as adipose tissue, can develop into different tissues, such as muscle...
- Rectovaginal fistula after STARR procedure complicated by haematoma of the posterior vaginal wall: report of a caseR Bassi
Coloproctology Unit, Division of General Surgery Ospedale Maggiore, Crema CR, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 10:361-3. 2006..who developed an early postoperative haematoma of the posterior vaginal wall and, after 30 days, a rectovaginal fistula (RVF), even though the intervention had been performed according to the standardized technique...
- Effect of fecal diversion alone on perianal Crohn's diseaseT Yamamoto
University Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
World J Surg 24:1258-62; discussion 1262-3. 2000..severe perianal sepsis in 13 patients, recurrent deep anal ulcer in 3, complex anorectal fistula in 9, and rectovaginal fistula in 6. Twenty-five patients (81%) went into early remission, and six (19%) failed to respond...
- Rectovaginal fistula after stapled haemorrhoidopexyP J McDonald
Colorectal Dis 6:64-5. 2004
- Rectovaginal fistula after double-stapled transanal rectotomy (STARR) for obstructed defaecationMario Pescatori
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:83-5. 2005
- Puborectal sling interposition for the treatment of rectovaginal fistulasD M J Oom
Colorectal Research Group, Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Tech Coloproctol 10:125-30; discussion 130. 2006..Interposition of healthy, well vascularized tissue may be the key to rectovaginal fistula healing...
- [Uro- and enterovaginal fistulas]Philip Egeland
Kvinneklinikken, Haukeland Universitetssjukehus, 5021 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:417-20. 2007..The problem has a different profile in the more industrialised countries. The aim of the present study was to characterise gynaecological fistulas in a Norwegian setting...
- Labial flap: a versatile tool in the repair of recurrent perineal canal defectsJacob Chacko
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632004, India
Pediatr Surg Int 22:821-3. 2006..The labial pad of fat with its vascular supply provides good tissue for interposition between the rectal and perineal suture lines in these cases, with good results...
- [Treatment of perianal Crohn's disease]M A Ciga
Unidad de Coloproctologia, Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Virgen del Camino, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 29:367-86. 2006..When surgery is required, with the aim of a definitive treatment of the perianal lesion, the risk of developing complications, especially incontinence, must be contrasted...
- Eritrean women's project response to Wall paper: "Hard questions concerning fistula surgery in Third World countries"Amreen Husain
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:281-2. 2007
- Recto-vaginal/urethral fistula: repair with gracilis muscle transpositionMicha Rabau
Colorectal Unit, Division of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Chir Iugosl 53:81-4. 2006..It is associated with low morbidity and good success rate. Underlying Crohn's disease and previous radiation are associated with poor prognosis...
- Two orifices in the perineum of a girl with imperforate anus: possibility of uterovaginal agenesis associated with rectovestibular fistulaYogesh Kumar Sarin
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
J Pediatr Surg 37:1217-9. 2002..authors believe that the incidence of such an association is very similar to that of imperforate anus with rectovaginal fistula and therefore suggest that if there are 2 orifices in the perineum of a girl with imperforate anus, it ..
- Single stage repair of anovestibular fistula in neonateVijay D Upadhyaya
Department of Pediatric Surgery IMS, BHU, Varanasi 221005, UP, India
Pediatr Surg Int 23:737-40. 2007..Continence results according to Kelly's method were good in 70%, fair in 21% and poor 9%. Single-stage anorectovaginoplasty in neonates has a good result in cases of AVF and avoids the need of bowel preparation...
- Infliximab therapy in 30 patients with refractory pediatric crohn disease with and without fistulas in The NetherlandsLissy de Ridder
Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:46-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical experience with the anti-tumor necrosis factor chimeric monoclonal antibody, infliximab, in pediatric patients with Crohn disease in The Netherlands...
- Transanal repair of rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulasAli Razi
Department of Urology, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:111-4. 2008..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of repair of the rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulas with transanal approach using the Latzko technique...
- Rectovestibular fistula as neovagina in congenital cervico-vaginal agenesis associated with imperforate anusAnna Lynn A Matignas
Jose R Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Santa Cruz, Manila
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:428-35. 2008..Early diagnosis and surgery are necessary to avoid complications such as endometriosis. The aim was to preserve fertility with conservative management...
- Single-stage repair for rectovestibular fistula without opening the fourchetteVijai Datta Upadhyaya
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, 221005 UP, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:775-9. 2008Anorectal malformations are one of the most common congenital defects. This study is conducted to demonstrate new technique for treatment of rectovaginal fistula without disturbing the fourchette through posterior sagittal approach.
- Advancement flap plasty for the closure of anal and recto-vaginal fistulas in Crohn's diseaseF Penninckx
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 64:223-6. 2001..Skills needed, problematic approach, suboptimal quality of local tissues have contributed to its selective use and to the absence of prospective randomised studies...
- Transperineal and transvaginal sonography of perianal inflammatory diseaseL K Stewart
Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto General Hospital-University Health Network, 200 Elizabeth St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:627-32. 2001..In the eight remaining patients, there were two anovaginal fistulas, one rectovaginal fistula, one prolapsed internal hemorrhoid, two perianal complex masses, and two vascular perianal or perirectal ..
- The epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae in Kumasi, Ghana, 1977-1992K A Danso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Science and Technology School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:117-20. 1996..5% of all fistulae). In 5 cases (3.1%) patients developed a rectovaginal fistula owing to perineal tears and prolonged obstructed labor...
- Congenital pouch colon associated with anorectal malformation: report of 2 casesBillur Demirogullari
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkiye
J Pediatr Surg 42:E13-6. 2007..The aim of this report is to bring attention to congenital pouch colon associated with anorectal malformation by discussing experiences with 2 patients...
- Anovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas: endoluminal sonography versus endoluminal MR imagingJaap Stoker
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P O Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:737-41. 2002..The objective of our study was to compare the accuracy of endoluminal sonography and endoluminal MR imaging in revealing the location of anovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas...
- The natural history of fistulizing Crohn's disease in Olmsted County, MinnesotaDavid A Schwartz
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 122:875-80. 2002..Little is known about the cumulative incidence and natural history of fistulas in Crohn's disease in the community...
- [Refractory perineal fistulas in Crohn's disease]Patrick Atienza
Service de Proctologie Médico Interventionnelle, Groupe Hospitalier Diaconesses Croix Saint Simon, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:404-11. 2007
- Laparoscopic assisted endorectal pull-through with posterior sagittal approach to the repair of postoperative rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulaShaotao Tang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Union Hospital of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Pediatr Surg Int 23:1077-80. 2007Rectourethral or rectovaginal fistula is a troublesome complication after anorectal surgery. The pelvic and perineal dissection may be difficult because of severe fibrosis adhesion around the fistula...
- Transperineal ultrasound in the detection of perianal and rectovaginal fistulae in Crohn's diseaseGiovanni Maconi
Chair of Gastroenterology, Department of Clinical Sciences, L Sacco University Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2214-9. 2007..We investigated Crohn's disease perianal and rectovaginal fistulae using transperineal ultrasound and compared the findings with results of endoanal ultrasound as reference standard...
- Perianal Crohn's diseaseScott A Strong
Departments of Colorectal Surgery and Pathobiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 16:185-93. 2007..The surgical options are intended to safely ameliorate disease-related symptoms without compromising function or continence...
- Rectovestibular fistula with absent distal vagina in an adolescent Nigerian girlO Adejuyigbe
Paediatric Surgical Unit, Department of Surgery, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
J Pediatr Surg 37:1479-80. 2002..The authors report a case of a 15-year-old girl with rectovestibular fistula associated with occult distal vaginal atresia that was managed successfully by posterior sagittal anorecto-vaginoplasty (PSARVP)...
- [Rectovaginal fistulas in adults]David Manaouil
Fédération Médico Chirurgicale d Hépato Gastroentérologie, CHU Amiens Nord, 80054 Amiens
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1267-79. 2004
- Abdominosacral repair for a rectovaginal fistula with anastomotic stenosis after low anterior resection report of a caseS Okabe
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 48:41-4. 2001The management of a postoperative rectovaginal fistula after low anterior resection for rectal cancer is difficult and requires reconstruction of the anastomotic site and fistula...
- Laparoscopically assisted anorectovaginoplasty for selected types of female anorectal malformationsEri Tei
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:1770-4. 2003..The aim of this study was to describe laparoscopically assisted anorectovaginoplasty (LAARVP) for the repair of selected types of female anorectal malformation...
- Endoscopic injection of fibrin glue for the treatment of urinary-tract pathologySameer K Sharma
Department of Urology, Loyola University, 2160 S First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Endourol 19:419-23. 2005..We reviewed our experience with endoscopic injection of fibrin glue for the treatment of urinary-tract pathology...
- Preservation of the fistula for reconstruction of the anal canal and the anus in atresia ani and rectovestibular fistula in 2 dogsStephan Mahler
School of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Vet Surg 34:148-52. 2005..To report a technique for correction of atresia ani and rectovestibular fistula with fistula preservation, and outcome in 2 dogs...
- Clinical and radiological responses after infliximab treatment for perianal fistulizing Crohn's diseaseImran Rasul
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 99:82-8. 2004..Infliximab is an effective therapy for fistulizing Crohn's disease of the perineum. We sought to determine whether the clinical improvement after infliximab is associated with radiological closure of fistula tracts...
- Imaging and therapy for perianal Crohn's disease: on the right track?Edward V Loftus
Am J Gastroenterol 99:89-90. 2004
- Long-term outcomes of individualized biofeedback training based on the underlying dysfunction for patients with imperforate anusYuan Zhengwei
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
J Pediatr Surg 40:555-61. 2005..The aim of this study was to design an individualized biofeedback program based on the underlying dysfunctions and to assess the short-term and long-term clinical and quality-of-life outcomes for patients with imperforate anus...
- Urinary and faecal incontinence following delayed primary repair of obstetric genital fistulaChristine Murray
Department of Urogynaecology, The Mercy Hospital for Women, Melbourne, Australia
BJOG 109:828-32. 2002....
- Application of memory metallic stents to urinary tract disorders in pediatric patientsShinkichi Kamata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 40:E43-5. 2005..Temporary insertion of a memory metallic stent is a safe and effective alternative for organic stricture or functional obstruction of the urinary tract in pediatric patients...
- Urogenital sinus, rectovaginal fistula, and an anterior stenosed anus--another cloacal variantJ Z Patankar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074, Singapore
Pediatr Surg Int 20:556-8. 2004..one such case of cloaca with the VATER association-tracheoesophageal fistula (TOF) with a urogenital sinus, rectovaginal fistula, and an anteposed stenosed anus, along with preaxial syndactyly of the right hand...
- Surgical repair of genital fistulaeTahira Naru
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:293-6. 2004..Complex fistulae still represent a challenging management problem. We report our experience of managing genital fistulae at the Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH), Karachi, Pakistan...
- The treatment of high and intermediate anorectal malformations: one stage or three procedures?Guochang Liu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
J Pediatr Surg 39:1466-71. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the safety, feasibility, and the long-term outcome of complete 1-stage repair of high and intermediate anorectal malformation using posterior sagittal anorectoplasty (PSARP) in a neonate...
- Anovestibular fistula in adults: a rare presentationVijay Kumar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Kasturba Hospital, Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka, India
Int Surg 90:27-9. 2005..Total correction was achieved both anatomically and physiologically after surgery. The reporting of this information should increase the awareness of this disease among surgeons treating adults...
- OSCCAR: A Novel, Population-based Prospective Inception Cohort of Inflammatory BoBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will follow these patients over time to determine the progression of their disease and to compare this to markers in the blood as a way of developing a system to predict the individual course of disease. ..
- IMURAN Dose Ranging Study in Crohn's DiseaseBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- ROLE OF HYALURONAN IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEScott Strong; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- ELECTRIC INJURY--IMAGING OF THERMAL/NON-THERMAL ASPECTSRaphael Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Biopolymer Surfactants for Sealing Electroporated MembranesRaphael Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will conduct studies in parallel to determine if surfactant rescued cells manifest normal phenotype during proliferation or exhibit effects of mutations caused by unrepaired DMA. ..