Summary: An abnormal anatomical passage between the RECTUM and the VAGINA.
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- [Evaluation of late results in the children with anorectal anomalies]Ewa Sawicka
, Instytut Matki i Dziecka, ul. Kasprzaka 17a, 01-211 Warszawa, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 9:695-726. 2005..Precise criteria for this kind of surgical treatment and lack of serious sacral defects were the most important factors for good prognosis. The results of late evaluation in SR group depended on coexisting sacral bone agenesis...
- [Martius flap: bulbocavernous interposition flap]J L Faucheron
, , , Grenoble
J Chir (Paris) 143:298-301. 2006
- Rectovaginal fistula in Crohn's diseaseS M Andreani
Department of Surgery, Frimley Park Hospital, Portsmouth Road, Frimley, Surrey, United Kingdom
Dis Colon Rectum 50:2215-22. 2007..Rectovaginal fistulas are difficult to treat despite multimodal therapy. This study was designed to review the current strategic options to best manage this condition...
- Are there predictors of outcome following rectovaginal fistula repair?Rodrigo A Pinto
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 53:1240-7. 2010b>Rectovaginal fistula is a distressing condition for patients and for physicians who are continuously challenged in providing durable treatment options...
- A systematic review on advancement flaps for rectovaginal fistula in Crohn's disease: transrectal vs transvaginal approachC Ruffolo
Regional Hospital CA Foncello, Treviso, Italy
Colorectal Dis 12:1183-91. 2010..Transrectal (RAF) and transvaginal advancement flaps (VAF) represent two possible alternative surgical approaches to this problem. The study aims to review and compare the results of these approaches for RV fistula in CD...
- Laparoscopic repair of high rectovaginal fistula: is it technically feasible?Saravanan S Kumaran
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India
BMC Surg 5:20. 2005b>Rectovaginal fistula (RVF) is an epithelium-lined communication between the rectum and vagina. Most RVFs are acquired, the most common cause being obstetric trauma. Most of the high RVFs are repaired by conventional open surgery...
- Rectovaginal fistula: a common diagnostic error with significant consequences in girls with anorectal malformationsNelson G Rosen
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Schneider Children's Hospital, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
J Pediatr Surg 37:961-5; discussion 961-5. 2002BACKGROUND/PURPOSE: Rectovaginal fistula is a term that continues to be used frequently to describe girls with anorectal malformations...
- Operative results and quality of life after gracilis muscle transposition for recurrent rectovaginal fistulaJ H Lefevre
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Pôle des Maladies de l Appareil Digestif, Beaujon Hospital AP HP, Clichy, France
Dis Colon Rectum 52:1290-5. 2009The aim of this study was to assess the efficacy of gracilis muscle transposition for recurrent rectovaginal fistula.
- Transanal approach in repairing acquired rectovestibular fistula in femalesYa Jun Chen
Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100045, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2299-300. 2004..To summarize the operative experience of the transanal approach in acquired rectovestibular fistula repair...
- Rectovestibular fistula with normal anus: a simple resection or an extensive perineal dissection?Le Li
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Beijing Children s Hospital, The Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
J Pediatr Surg 45:519-24. 2010..The purpose of the study was to review a 10-year experience of operative procedures for rectovestibular fistula with normal anus (RVFNA) at one institution...
- Rectovaginal fistula after stapled haemorrhoidopexyP J McDonald
Colorectal Dis 6:64-5. 2004
- Anovestibular fistula with normal anusTahmina Banu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Chittagong Medical College and Hospital, Chittagong 4000, Bangladesh
J Pediatr Surg 43:526-9. 2008..The purpose of the study was to review a rare anomaly of anorectal malformations in girls, congenital anovestibular fistula (AVF) with normal anus, over a 12-year period...
- Puborectal sling interposition for the treatment of rectovaginal fistulasD M J Oom
Colorectal Research Group, Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Tech Coloproctol 10:125-30; discussion 130. 2006..Interposition of healthy, well vascularized tissue may be the key to rectovaginal fistula healing...
- Gracilis muscle transposition for fistulas between the rectum and urethra or vaginaOsnat Zmora
Colorectal Unit, Division of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, 6 Weizman Street, Tel Aviv 64239, Israel
Dis Colon Rectum 49:1316-21. 2006..One patient refused ileostomy closure. One patient with severe Crohn's proctitis has a persistent rectovaginal fistula. CONCLUSIONS: Gracilis muscle transposition is a viable option for repairing fistulas between the urethra, ..
- Rectovaginal fistula after Posterior Intravaginal Slingplasty and polypropylene mesh augmented rectocele repairWesley S Hilger
Department of Gynecology, Mayo Clinic Hospital, 5777 East Mayo Boulevard, Phoenix, Scottsdale, AZ 85254, USA
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:89-92. 2006..There is little data on the complications of these procedures alone or in combination. The first report of rectovaginal fistula after Posterior Intravaginal Slingplasty with graft augmented rectocele repair is presented...
- HIV-positive African children with rectal fistulaeR Wiersma
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Nelson R. Mandela School of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, South Africa
J Pediatr Surg 38:62-4; discussion 62-4. 2003..These acquired rectal fistulae arise at the dentate line in both genders. Girls with these fistulae are seen more commonly, presenting with RVF. The closure of a fistula has only been successful in one boy...
- Endorectal pull-through with posterior sagittal approach to the repair of postoperative rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulaA Kubota
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka Medical Center for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:1775-7. 2003BACKGROUND/PURPOSE: Rectourethral (RUF) or rectovaginal fistula (RVF) is a troublesome complication after anorectal surgery because of dense adhesions around the fistula. The authors applied a new technique for the redo surgery...
- Congenital H-type anovestibuler fistulaMesut Yazlcl
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Adnan Menderes University, 09100 Aydln, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 9:881-2. 2003..Various surgical techniques with or without protective colostomy have been described for double termination repair. But there is no consensus regarding surgical management of double termination...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for treatment of rectovaginal fistula in perianal Crohn's disease: a new cell-based therapyDamian Garcia-Olmo
Department of General Surgery, La Paz University Hospital, Autonomous University of Madrid, Paseo de la Castellana 261, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Int J Colorectal Dis 18:451-4. 2003..Recent studies have shown that adult stem cells extracted from certain tissues, such as adipose tissue, can develop into different tissues, such as muscle...
- Surgical treatment of rectovaginal fistula of obstetric origin: a review of 15 years' experience in a teaching hospitalM S Rahman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
J Obstet Gynaecol 23:607-10. 2003Fifty-two women with a rectovaginal fistula were managed over a period of 15 years...
- Rectovaginal fistula after STARR procedure complicated by haematoma of the posterior vaginal wall: report of a caseR Bassi
Coloproctology Unit, Division of General Surgery Ospedale Maggiore, Crema CR, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 10:361-3. 2006..who developed an early postoperative haematoma of the posterior vaginal wall and, after 30 days, a rectovaginal fistula (RVF), even though the intervention had been performed according to the standardized technique...
- [Congenital rectovestibular fistula. An unusual diagnosis that should not be ignored]T Petit
Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, CHU Caen Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen, France
Arch Pediatr 9:595-7. 2002..Fistula location is often confirmed by clinical examination under anesthesia. Treatment is surgical and allowed recovery without any functional damage...
- [Congenital H-type anorectal fistula: two case reports]T Meyer
Abteilung fur Kinderchirurgie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik und Poliklinik, Zentrum Operative Medizin, Bayerische Julius Maximilians Universität, Wurzburg
Klin Padiatr 221:38-40. 2009..Up to now there was no relapse of the fistula or the abscess in both cases. Thus ASARVP can be used as a simple method for congenital H-type fistulas with excellent functional and anatomical results...
- Effect of fecal diversion alone on perianal Crohn's diseaseT Yamamoto
University Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
World J Surg 24:1258-62; discussion 1262-3. 2000..severe perianal sepsis in 13 patients, recurrent deep anal ulcer in 3, complex anorectal fistula in 9, and rectovaginal fistula in 6. Twenty-five patients (81%) went into early remission, and six (19%) failed to respond...
- Dead women walking: neglected millions with obstetric fistulaS Ahmed
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 99:S1-3. 2007
- Rectovaginal fistula after double-stapled transanal rectotomy (STARR) for obstructed defaecationMario Pescatori
Int J Colorectal Dis 20:83-5. 2005
- Repair of recurrent rectovaginal fistulasA L Halverson
Department of Colorectal Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Surgery 130:753-7; discussion 757-8. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Most RRVFs can be successfully repaired, although repeated operations may be necessary. Delaying repair may improve outcome...
- Application of memory metallic stents to urinary tract disorders in pediatric patientsShinkichi Kamata
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 40:E43-5. 2005..Temporary insertion of a memory metallic stent is a safe and effective alternative for organic stricture or functional obstruction of the urinary tract in pediatric patients...
- [Treatment of perianal Crohn's disease]M A Ciga
Unidad de Coloproctologia, Servicio de Cirugia General y del Aparato Digestivo, Hospital Virgen del Camino, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
An Sist Sanit Navar 29:367-86. 2006..When surgery is required, with the aim of a definitive treatment of the perianal lesion, the risk of developing complications, especially incontinence, must be contrasted...
- Single-stage repair for rectovestibular fistula without opening the fourchetteVijai Datta Upadhyaya
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU, Varanasi, 221005 UP, India
J Pediatr Surg 43:775-9. 2008Anorectal malformations are one of the most common congenital defects. This study is conducted to demonstrate new technique for treatment of rectovaginal fistula without disturbing the fourchette through posterior sagittal approach.
- Preservation of the fistula for reconstruction of the anal canal and the anus in atresia ani and rectovestibular fistula in 2 dogsStephan Mahler
School of Veterinary Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, University of the West Indies, Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies
Vet Surg 34:148-52. 2005..To report a technique for correction of atresia ani and rectovestibular fistula with fistula preservation, and outcome in 2 dogs...
- [Rectovaginal fistulas in adults]David Manaouil
, CHU Amiens Nord, 80054 Amiens
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 28:1267-79. 2004
- Anorectal-vestibular fistula without an imperforate anus in female infants: report of three casesYuan-Shun Lee
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics; Chang Gung Children's Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 28:421-4. 2005..Based on our experience, initial surgery with a double-barrel colostomy followed by a sequential fistulectomy might be safe and curative. We also review the related literature for the pathogenesis...
- Transanal repair of rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulasAli Razi
Department of Urology, Shariati Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 5:111-4. 2008..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of repair of the rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulas with transanal approach using the Latzko technique...
- Rectovestibular fistula as neovagina in congenital cervico-vaginal agenesis associated with imperforate anusAnna Lynn A Matignas
Jose R Reyes Memorial Medical Center, Santa Cruz, Manila
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:428-35. 2008..Early diagnosis and surgery are necessary to avoid complications such as endometriosis. The aim was to preserve fertility with conservative management...
- Long-term outcomes of individualized biofeedback training based on the underlying dysfunction for patients with imperforate anusYuan Zhengwei
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
J Pediatr Surg 40:555-61. 2005..The aim of this study was to design an individualized biofeedback program based on the underlying dysfunctions and to assess the short-term and long-term clinical and quality-of-life outcomes for patients with imperforate anus...
- Anovestibular fistula in adults: a rare presentationVijay Kumar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Kasturba Hospital, Kasturba Medical College, Karnataka, India
Int Surg 90:27-9. 2005..Total correction was achieved both anatomically and physiologically after surgery. The reporting of this information should increase the awareness of this disease among surgeons treating adults...
- Endoscopic injection of fibrin glue for the treatment of urinary-tract pathologySameer K Sharma
Department of Urology, Loyola University, 2160 S. First Avenue, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Endourol 19:419-23. 2005....
- Surgical management of complex obstetric fistula in EritreaAmreen Husain
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5317, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 14:839-44. 2005..To evaluate the incidence of and demographic characteristics associated with obstetric fistula in Eritrea. To determine the outcomes of surgical repair of complex fistula in Eritrea by a visiting surgical team...
- Perianal Crohn's diseaseScott A Strong
Departments of Colorectal Surgery and Pathobiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 16:185-93. 2007..The surgical options are intended to safely ameliorate disease-related symptoms without compromising function or continence...
- [Refractory perineal fistulas in Crohn's disease]Patrick Atienza
, Groupe Hospitalier Diaconesses-Croix Saint Simon, Paris, France
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 31:404-11. 2007
- Laparoscopic assisted endorectal pull-through with posterior sagittal approach to the repair of postoperative rectourethral and rectovaginal fistulaShaotao Tang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Union Hospital of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Pediatr Surg Int 23:1077-80. 2007Rectourethral or rectovaginal fistula is a troublesome complication after anorectal surgery. The pelvic and perineal dissection may be difficult because of severe fibrosis adhesion around the fistula...
- Eritrean women's project response to Wall paper: "Hard questions concerning fistula surgery in Third World countries"Amreen Husain
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:281-2. 2007
- [Uro- and enterovaginal fistulas]Philip Egeland
Kvinneklinikken, Haukeland Universitetssjukehus, 5021 Bergen
Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 127:417-20. 2007..The problem has a different profile in the more industrialised countries. The aim of the present study was to characterise gynaecological fistulas in a Norwegian setting...
- Congenital pouch colon associated with anorectal malformation: report of 2 casesBillur Demirogullari
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkiye
J Pediatr Surg 42:E13-6. 2007..The aim of this report is to bring attention to congenital pouch colon associated with anorectal malformation by discussing experiences with 2 patients...
- Recto-vaginal/urethral fistula: repair with gracilis muscle transpositionMicha Rabau
Colorectal Unit, Division of Surgery B, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, Tel Aviv, Israel
Acta Chir Iugosl 53:81-4. 2006..It is associated with low morbidity and good success rate. Underlying Crohn's disease and previous radiation are associated with poor prognosis...
- Rectovaginal fistula following double-stapling anastomosis in low anterior resection for rectal cancerNorifumi Tsutsumi
Department of Surgery, Sawara Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1682-3. 2007The rectovaginal fistula is a rare complication after low anterior resection for rectal cancer, but its management is difficult and the result is often unsatisfactory...
- Labial flap: a versatile tool in the repair of recurrent perineal canal defectsJacob Chacko
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Christian Medical College, Vellore 632004, India
Pediatr Surg Int 22:821-3. 2006..The labial pad of fat with its vascular supply provides good tissue for interposition between the rectal and perineal suture lines in these cases, with good results...
- [Squamous cell carcinoma of the rectum and traumatic recto vaginal fistula relation or coincidence? Case study]Angel Hugo Becerra del Carpio
Servicio de Gastroenterologia, Hospital Carlos Monge Medrano, Juliaca, Peru
Rev Gastroenterol Peru 26:89-92. 2006..Likewise, rectal squamous cell carcinoma in patients with rectovaginal fistula in the absence of gynecologic cancer is extremely rare...
- Histotopographic study of the rectovaginal septumCarla Stecco
Section of Anatomy, Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology, University of Padova, Via A Gabelli 65, 35121 Padova, Italy
Ital J Anat Embryol 110:247-54. 2005....
- Treatment of rectovaginal fistula: a 5-year reviewDamian Casadesus
Coloproctology Department, Calixto Garcia University Hospital, J y Universidad, Vedado, Havana, Cuba
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:49-51. 2006This paper presents a chart review of 17 patients who had been treated for rectovaginal fistula (RVF) from 1996 to 2000. In most cases (13; 76.5%), the fistula was the result of post-surgical complications...
- Hard questions concerning fistula surgery in Third World countriesL Lewis Wall
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 14:863-6. 2005
- Transperineal ultrasound in the detection of perianal and rectovaginal fistulae in Crohn's diseaseGiovanni Maconi
Chair of Gastroenterology, Department of Clinical Sciences, L Sacco University Hospital, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 102:2214-9. 2007..We investigated Crohn's disease perianal and rectovaginal fistulae using transperineal ultrasound and compared the findings with results of endoanal ultrasound as reference standard...
- The treatment of high and intermediate anorectal malformations: one stage or three procedures?Guochang Liu
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
J Pediatr Surg 39:1466-71. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the safety, feasibility, and the long-term outcome of complete 1-stage repair of high and intermediate anorectal malformation using posterior sagittal anorectoplasty (PSARP) in a neonate...
- Genitourinary and rectovaginal fistulae in Adigrat Zonal Hospital, Tigray, north EthiopiaAmanuel Gessessew
Adigrat Zonal Hospital, P.O. Box 27, Adigrat, Tigray, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 41:123-30. 2003..A retrospective review of charts and operating room records of patients admitted for genitourinary and/or rectovaginal fistula to the gynecological ward of the study Hospital from April 1, 1993 to March 30, 2001 was conducted...
- Imaging and therapy for perianal Crohn's disease: on the right track?Edward V Loftus
Am J Gastroenterol 99:89-90. 2004
- Clinical and radiological responses after infliximab treatment for perianal fistulizing Crohn's diseaseImran Rasul
Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 99:82-8. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: For perianal fistulizing Crohn's disease, repeat dose infliximab improves clinical and radiological outcomes, although complete radiological healing occurs in a minority of patients...
- Laparoscopically assisted anorectovaginoplasty for selected types of female anorectal malformationsEri Tei
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:1770-4. 2003..METHODS: Five cases (case 1, rectovaginal fistula with a high rectum; case 2, rectovestibular fistula with double vagina; case 3, rectovestibular fistula ..
- Two orifices in the perineum of a girl with imperforate anus: possibility of uterovaginal agenesis associated with rectovestibular fistulaYogesh Kumar Sarin
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
J Pediatr Surg 37:1217-9. 2002..authors believe that the incidence of such an association is very similar to that of imperforate anus with rectovaginal fistula and therefore suggest that if there are 2 orifices in the perineum of a girl with imperforate anus, it ..
- Abdominosacral repair for a rectovaginal fistula with anastomotic stenosis after low anterior resection report of a caseS Okabe
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 48:41-4. 2001The management of a postoperative rectovaginal fistula after low anterior resection for rectal cancer is difficult and requires reconstruction of the anastomotic site and fistula...
- Findings of pelvic musculature and efficacy of laparoscopic muscle stimulator in laparoscopy-assisted anorectal pull-through for high imperforate anusT Iwanaka
Department of Surgery, Saitama Children s Medical Center, 2100 Magome, Iwatsuki, Saitama 339 8551, Japan
Surg Endosc 17:278-81. 2003..Laparoscopic findings of levator muscle and the efficacy of laparoscopic muscle stimulator (LMS) in infants with high imperforate anus have not been reported...
- [Perineal canal]S Sanjuan Rodriguez
Servicio de Cirugia Pediatrica, Hospital Universitario Materno Infantil, Avda Damián Téllez Lafuente s n, 06010 Badajoz
Cir Pediatr 16:48-50. 2003..Several diagnostic techniques and surgical approaches are analyzed. The authors believe that the surgical procedure used in this patient have had good outcome and the advantage of no needing of preceding colostomy...
- Spectrum of anorectal anomalies in pygopagus twinsJoseph S Janik
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Children's Hospital/University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80218, USA
J Pediatr Surg 38:608-12. 2003..The nonfused had 2 rectums (80%) or one rectum and one rectovaginal fistula (20%). The fused had high (46%) or low (54%) rectal junctions...
- Rectovestibular fistula with absent distal vagina in an adolescent Nigerian girlO Adejuyigbe
Paediatric Surgical Unit, Department of Surgery, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria
J Pediatr Surg 37:1479-80. 2002..The authors report a case of a 15-year-old girl with rectovestibular fistula associated with occult distal vaginal atresia that was managed successfully by posterior sagittal anorecto-vaginoplasty (PSARVP)...
- MURCS association and rectovestibular fistula: case report of a patient treated with one-stage posterior sagittal anorectoplasty and sigmoid loop vaginoplastyCuneyt Gunsar
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Celal Bayar University, Medical Faculty, Manisa, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 38:262-4. 2003..There were no complications in the postoperative period. This combined one-stage operation can be used easily in the treatment of some components of the MURCS association such as vaginal agenesis and ARM as an associated anomaly...
- [Surgery -- fistulas]H J Buhr
Chirurgische Klinik I, , Berlin
Z Gastroenterol 41:43-9. 2003
- Follow-up studies of anorectal malformations after posterior sagittal anorectoplastyHisato Tsuji
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 37:1529-33. 2002..Long-term postoperative follow-up with adequate bowel management is required for all patients with high or intermediate anorectal malformation...
- Urinary and faecal incontinence following delayed primary repair of obstetric genital fistulaChristine Murray
Department of Urogynaecology, The Mercy Hospital for Women, Melbourne, Australia
BJOG 109:828-32. 2002..CONCLUSION: This study demonstrates the high rate of successful closure of the fistula in a specialised fistula unit, but highlights the problem of persistent urinary incontinence following closure...
- Surgical outcome of female genital fistula in KoreaSang Wook Bai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, C P O Box 8044, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 43:315-9. 2002..The nature of the surgical approach should be decided by the location of the fistula, the functional importance of the area, and the degree of surgical exposure during the corrective procedures...
- The epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae in Kumasi, Ghana, 1977-1992K A Danso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Science and Technology School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:117-20. 1996..5% of all fistulae). In 5 cases (3.1%) patients developed a rectovaginal fistula owing to perineal tears and prolonged obstructed labor...
- Advancement flap plasty for the closure of anal and recto-vaginal fistulas in Crohn's diseaseF Penninckx
Department of Abdominal Surgery, University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 64:223-6. 2001..Skills needed, problematic approach, suboptimal quality of local tissues have contributed to its selective use and to the absence of prospective randomised studies...
- Transperineal and transvaginal sonography of perianal inflammatory diseaseL K Stewart
Department of Medical Imaging, Toronto General Hospital-University Health Network, 200 Elizabeth St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
AJR Am J Roentgenol 177:627-32. 2001..In the eight remaining patients, there were two anovaginal fistulas, one rectovaginal fistula, one prolapsed internal hemorrhoid, two perianal complex masses, and two vascular perianal or perirectal ..
- Surgical repair of genital fistulaeTahira Naru
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi, Pakistan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:293-6. 2004..Complex fistulae still represent a challenging management problem. We report our experience of managing genital fistulae at the Aga Khan University Hospital (AKUH), Karachi, Pakistan...
- Urogenital sinus, rectovaginal fistula, and an anterior stenosed anus--another cloacal variantJ Z Patankar
Department of Paediatric Surgery, National University Hospital, 5 Lower Kent Ridge Road, 119074, Singapore
Pediatr Surg Int 20:556-8. 2004..one such case of cloaca with the VATER association-tracheoesophageal fistula (TOF) with a urogenital sinus, rectovaginal fistula, and an anteposed stenosed anus, along with preaxial syndactyly of the right hand...
- Single stage repair of anovestibular fistula in neonateVijay D Upadhyaya
Department of Pediatric Surgery IMS, BHU, Varanasi 221005, UP, India
Pediatr Surg Int 23:737-40. 2007..Continence results according to Kelly's method were good in 70%, fair in 21% and poor 9%. Single-stage anorectovaginoplasty in neonates has a good result in cases of AVF and avoids the need of bowel preparation...
- Infliximab therapy in 30 patients with refractory pediatric crohn disease with and without fistulas in The NetherlandsLissy de Ridder
Emma Children s Hospital Academic Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 39:46-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical experience with the anti-tumor necrosis factor chimeric monoclonal antibody, infliximab, in pediatric patients with Crohn disease in The Netherlands...
- Anovaginal and rectovaginal fistulas: endoluminal sonography versus endoluminal MR imagingJaap Stoker
Department of Radiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, P. O. Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:737-41. 2002..patients (age range, 28-56 years; median age, 39 years) with clinical indications of an anovaginal or rectovaginal fistula were included in our retrospective study. Endoluminal sonography was performed using a 7.5-MHz transducer...
- The natural history of fistulizing Crohn's disease in Olmsted County, MinnesotaDavid A Schwartz
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 122:875-80. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Fistulas in Crohn's disease were common in the community. In contrast to referral-based studies, only 34% of patients developed recurrent fistulas. Surgical treatment was frequently required...
- Perianal fistulae following infliximab treatment: clinical and endosonographic outcomeSandro Ardizzone
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, Azienda Ospedaliera - Polo Universitario L. Sacco, , Via G.B. Grassi, 74 20157 Milano, Italy
Inflamm Bowel Dis 10:91-6. 2004..Despite closure, most fistula tracts are still detectable at AE. Persistence of the internal tract is a condition at higher risk of fistula recurrence...
- Outcome of submucosal injection of different sclerosing materials for rectal prolapse in childrenM A Baky Fahmy
Al Galaa Teaching Hospital, 25th July Street, Cairo, Egypt
Pediatr Surg Int 20:353-6. 2004..a recurrence rate of 11% (four patients), plus two patients had mucosal sloughing and one girl developed a rectovaginal fistula. Group 2 showed abscess formation and mucosal sloughing in four patients (18%), and two developed perianal ..
- Pitfalls in the management of newborn cloacasMarc A Levitt
North Shore Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Schneider Children s Hospital, 269 01, 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 21:264-9. 2005..Six were incorrectly diagnosed as "intersex" and 36 as "rectovaginal fistula." In this group only the rectum was repaired, and the patients were left with a urogenital sinus that ..
- Colonic motility and functional assessment of the patients with anorectal malformations according to Krickenbeck consensusBillur Demirogullari
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Gazi University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 43:1839-43. 2008..In this study, the patients operated on for anorectal malformations (ARM) were evaluated in terms of segmental (SCTT) and total colonic transit times (TCTT) and clinical status according to Krickenbeck consensus before and after treatments...
- Results, outcome predictors, and complications after stapled transanal rectal resection for obstructed defecationGiuseppe Gagliardi
General Surgery, Clinica Pineta Grande, Via Domiziana Km 30, Castel Volturno Caserta 81030, Italy
Dis Colon Rectum 51:186-95; discussion 195. 2008..The present study was designed to evaluate stapled transanal rectal resection results, outcome predictive factors, and nature of complications...
- IVIC syndrome is caused by a c.2607delA mutation in the SALL4 locusIrene Paradisi
Laboratorio de Genetica Humana, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas IVIC, Caracas, Venezuela
Am J Med Genet A 143:326-32. 2007..and leukocytosis (before age 50), shoulder girdle hypoplasia, imperforate anus, kidney malrotation or rectovaginal fistula. Since 2002, mutations in the SALL4 locus have been reported producing phenotypic features quite similar to ..
- [Vaginal reconstruction with modified pudendal-thigh flap]Yongguang Ma
Department of Plastic Surgery, Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing 100191, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1415-7. 2008..To increase the success rate of vaginal reconstruction with pudendal-thigh flap, reduce the chance of hemocirculatory disorder and relieve the deformity of greater lip of pudendum and vaginal orifice...
- "Perineal canal": a rare anorectal malformation of variable complexityL Burgos
Department of Pediatric Surgery Hospital Universitario La Paz, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pediatr Surg 18:392-4. 2008..Perineal canal (PC) is a fistulous tract that communicates the anus with the vulvar vestibule. Our aim is to show the variable spectrum of complexity of this caudal malformation...
- Feasibility and morbidity of using saline filled tissue expanders to reduce radiation-induced bowel injury in patients with gynecologic malignanciesMelissa A Geller
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Minnesota, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 143:93-7. 2009..To evaluate the feasibility and morbidity of using saline filled tissue expanders (TE) to displace the small bowel during radiation therapy in patients with gynecologic malignancies...
- Genital fistula--our experienceArati Biswas
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata
J Indian Med Assoc 105:123-6. 2007..Among the varieties of genital fistula, 76.19% were vesicovaginal fistula, 11.90% were rectovaginal fistula and 4.76%, 4.76% and 2.38% cases of ureterovaginal, urethrovaginal and vesicocervical fistulas respectively...
- Long-term oral tacrolimus therapy in refractory to infliximab fistulizing Crohn's disease: a pilot studyYago Gonzalez-Lama
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, Puerta de Hierro Clinic, Madrid, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:8-15. 2005..To evaluate efficacy and safety of oral tacrolimus in cases of fistulizing Crohn's disease (FCD), which is refractory to conventional therapy including infliximab...
- Multimedia article. Anovaginal reconstruction with bilateral x-flaps and sphincteroplasty for cloaca-like deformity after obstetrical injuryAndreas M Kaiser
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Dis Colon Rectum 50:1707. 2007..deliveries may result in a cloaca-like deformity with debilitating incontinence and symptoms similar to a rectovaginal fistula because of the lack of the distal rectovaginal septum...
- Pregnancy and delivery in patients with enterostomy due to anorectal complications from Crohn's diseaseKen Ichi Takahashi
Department of Surgery, Division of Gastrointestinal and Colorectal Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, and Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Center, Tohoku University Hospital, Sendai, 980 8574, Japan
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:313-8. 2007Enterostomy is often undergone by patients with Crohn's disease (CD) due to severe anorectal lesions such as rectovaginal fistula (RVF)...
- Life threatening sepsis and mortality following stapled hemorrhoidopexyWilliam C Cirocco
Department of Surgery, University of Missouri Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Surgery 143:824-9. 2008..Over the past decade, there have been reports of severe, life-threatening complications and 2 deaths. These are the first such cases from the Americas including the third known mortality...
- Clinical and physiologic outcomes after transvaginal rectocele repairTetsuo Yamana
Department of Proctology, Social Health Insurance Hospital, 3 22 1 Hyakunincho Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 169 0073, Japan
Dis Colon Rectum 49:661-7. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate the clinical and physiologic outcomes after transvaginal rectocele repair...
- A 2-year anatomical and functional assessment of transvaginal rectocele repair using a polypropylene meshRenaud de Tayrac
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Caremeau, place du Pr Robert Debré, 30029, Nimes Cedex 9, France
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17:100-5. 2006..No postoperative infection of the mesh or rectovaginal fistula was found, but there were three vaginal erosions (12%) and one out of 13 had de novo dyspareunia (7.7%).
- Mandibulofacial dysostosis, acral anomalies and frontonasal dysplasia: a new form of acrofacial dysostosisNara Lygia de Macena Sobreira
Department of Morphology, Medical Genetics Center, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Dysmorphol 17:145-8. 2008..The child also had small kidneys bilaterally, rectal atresia and an absent anus with rectovaginal fistula. These clinical findings suggest a new form of acrofacial dysostosis.
- [Surgical treatment of male-to-female transsexuals: a ten-year experience assessment]M Revol
Service de Chirurgie Plastique, Hopital Saint Louis, 1, avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75010 Paris cedex 10, France
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 51:499-511. 2006..necrosis in 2 cases, necrosis of full-thickness skin graft in 1 case), and 1 secondary post-traumatic rectovaginal fistula. The questionnaire was completed by 22 patients with a-45-month mean follow-up...
- Lower genital tract lesions requiring surgical intervention in girls: perspective from a developing countrySebastian O Ekenze
Sub Department of Pediatric Surgery, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
J Paediatr Child Health 45:610-3. 2009..To determine the spectrum, outcome of treatment and the challenges of managing surgical lesions of lower genital tract in girls in a low-resource setting...
- Laparoscopic colostomy in gynecologic cancerDanielle D Jandial
Moores University of California San Diego Cancer Center, La Jolla
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 15:723-8. 2008....
- Complex perirectal sepsis: clinical classification and imagingA P Zbar
University of the West Indies School of Clinical and Medicine Research, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, St Michael, Barbados
Tech Coloproctol 10:83-93. 2006..g. internal or external anal sphincter damage, perineal body destruction and an ano- or rectovaginal fistula), which may require secondary reconstructive surgery.
- Perianal Crohn disease: predictors of need for permanent diversionSusan Galandiuk
Section of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, University of Louisville Hospital, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Ann Surg 241:796-801; discussion 801-2. 2005..Fissures, fistulas, abscesses, and anal canal stenosis are manifestations of perianal Crohn disease (CD). There are no known predictors of which patients will fail sphincter-sparing surgical therapy and ultimately require fecal diversion...
- Clinical and manometric results of endorectal advancement flaps for complex anal fistulaNatalia Uribe
Department of Surgery, Arnau de Vilanova Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Int J Colorectal Dis 22:259-64. 2007..The purpose of this study was to prospectively assess the clinical and functional results of endorectal advancement flaps for complex anorectal fistula and to identify factors that affect outcome...
- OSCCAR: A Novel, Population-based Prospective Inception Cohort of Inflammatory BoBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will follow these patients over time to determine the progression of their disease and to compare this to markers in the blood as a way of developing a system to predict the individual course of disease. ..
- IMURAN Dose Ranging Study in Crohn's DiseaseBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Abstract Not Provided ..
- ROLE OF HYALURONAN IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEScott Strong; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- IMMUNOMODULATION IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASEBRUCE SANDS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The principal investigator seeks to become an independent clinical investigator by completing the didactic and scientific portions of this proposal. ..
- ELECTRIC INJURY--IMAGING OF THERMAL/NON-THERMAL ASPECTSRaphael Lee; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Biopolymer Surfactants for Sealing Electroporated MembranesRaphael Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will conduct studies in parallel to determine if surfactant rescued cells manifest normal phenotype during proliferation or exhibit effects of mutations caused by unrepaired DMA. ..