Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tumors or cancer of the STOMACH.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Factors related to lymph node metastasis and the feasibility of endoscopic mucosal resection for treating poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma of the stomachY D Park
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Endoscopy 40:7-10. 2008..The present retrospective analysis examined the correlation of various histologic factors with the presence of lymph node metastasis (LNM)...
- Trastuzumab in combination with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for treatment of HER2-positive advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction cancer (ToGA): a phase 3, open-label, randomised controlled trialYung Jue Bang
Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Lancet 376:687-97. 2010....
- Functional links between clustered microRNAs: suppression of cell-cycle inhibitors by microRNA clusters in gastric cancerYoung Kook Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Nucleic Acids Res 37:1672-81. 2009..Our study demonstrates the functional associations between clustered miRNAs and further implicates that effective cancer treatment may require a combinatorial approach to target multiple oncogenic miRNA clusters...
- Perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancerDavid Cunningham
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 355:11-20. 2006..We assessed whether the addition of a perioperative regimen of ECF to surgery improves outcomes among patients with potentially curable gastric cancer...
- Epidemiology of gastric cancerKatherine D Crew
Department of Medicine and the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, United States
World J Gastroenterol 12:354-62. 2006..The purpose of this review is to examine the epidemiology and risk factors of gastric cancer, and to discuss strategies for primary prevention...
- E2F1-regulated microRNAs impair TGFbeta-dependent cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis in gastric cancerFabio Petrocca
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Human Cancer Genetics Program, Ohio State University, 460 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Cell 13:272-86. 2008..Together, these results suggest that the miR-106b-25 cluster is involved in E2F1 posttranscriptional regulation and may play a key role in the development of TGFbeta resistance in gastric cancer...
- Helicobacter pylori infection and the development of gastric cancerN Uemura
Department of Gastroenterology, Kure Kyosai Hospital, Kure City, Japan
N Engl J Med 345:784-9. 2001..Although many studies have found an association between Helicobacter pylori infection and the development of gastric cancer, many aspects of this relation remain uncertain...
- Altered expression of MiR-148a and MiR-152 in gastrointestinal cancers and its clinical significanceYue Chen
Department of Surgical Oncology and General Surgery, First Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, People s Republic of China
J Gastrointest Surg 14:1170-9. 2010..MicroRNAs are endogenous small noncoding RNAs that aberrantly expressed in various carcinomas. MiR-148a and miR-152, which have the same "seed region", have not been comprehensively investigated in gastrointestinal cancers...
- Relation between microRNA expression and progression and prognosis of gastric cancer: a microRNA expression analysisTetsuya Ueda
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Lancet Oncol 11:136-46. 2010..We aimed to assess the relation between microRNA expression and progression and prognosis of gastric cancer...
- Multicenter phase II study of everolimus in patients with previously treated metastatic gastric cancerToshihiko Doi
National Cancer Center Hospital East, 5 1, Kashiwanoha 6 chome, Kashiwa shi, Chiba 277 8577, Japan
J Clin Oncol 28:1904-10. 2010..Adverse events are consistent with the reported safety profile of everolimus. These results warrant further evaluation in patients with advanced gastric cancer...
- Identification of gastric cancer stem cells using the cell surface marker CD44Shigeo Takaishi
Division of Digestive and Liver Disease, Department of Medicine, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Stem Cells 27:1006-20. 2009..These results support the existence of gastric CSCs and may provide novel approaches to the diagnosis and treatment of gastric cancer...
- Helicobacter pylori: gastric cancer and beyondD Brent Polk
Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 10027, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 10:403-14. 2010..pylori-infected human populations at increased risk for stomach cancer but will also provide mechanistic insights into inflammatory carcinomas that develop beyond the gastric niche...
- Amplification of HER-2 in gastric carcinoma: association with Topoisomerase IIalpha gene amplification, intestinal type, poor prognosis and sensitivity to trastuzumabM Tanner
Laboratory of Cancer Biology, Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere and Tampere University Hospital, FIN-33101 Tampere, Finland
Ann Oncol 16:273-8. 2005..HER-2 might be a useful target in this disease, and this hypothesis deserves to be investigated in clinical trials...
- Targeted HER2 treatment in advanced gastric cancerJan Trøst Jørgensen
Dx Rx Institute, Baunevaenget 76, DK 3480 Fredensborg, Denmark
Oncology 78:26-33. 2010....
- HER2 expression in gastric cancer: Rare, heterogeneous and of no prognostic value - conclusions from 924 cases of two independent seriesHeike Grabsch
Pathology and Tumour Biology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Cell Oncol 32:57-65. 2010..Existing data on HER2 expression and its clinical relevance in GC are still limited and controversial...
- S-1 plus cisplatin versus S-1 alone for first-line treatment of advanced gastric cancer (SPIRITS trial): a phase III trialWasaburo Koizumi
Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Lancet Oncol 9:215-21. 2008....
- High frequency of mutations of the PIK3CA gene in human cancersYardena Samuels
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Science 304:554. 2004
- Capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced esophagogastric cancerDavid Cunningham
Royal Marsden Hospital National Health Service Foundation Trust, Surrey and London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 358:36-46. 2008..We evaluated capecitabine (an oral fluoropyrimidine) and oxaliplatin (a platinum compound) as alternatives to infused fluorouracil and cisplatin, respectively, for untreated advanced esophagogastric cancer...
- Association of ERBB2 gene status with histopathological parameters and disease-specific survival in gastric carcinoma patientsJ D Barros-Silva
Department of Genetics, Portuguese Oncology Institute, Porto, Portugal
Br J Cancer 100:487-93. 2009....
- Chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis based on aggregate dataAnna D Wagner
First Department of Medicine, Coordinating Centre for Clinical Trials, and Institute of Medical Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Informatics, Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Halle/Saale, Germany
J Clin Oncol 24:2903-9. 2006..Among these, regimens including FU as bolus exhibit a higher rate of toxic deaths than regimens using a continuous infusion of FU, such as epirubicin, cisplatin, and continuous-infusion FU...
- Ectopic expression of homeodomain protein CDX2 in intestinal metaplasia and carcinomas of the stomachYun-Qing Bai
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Lett 176:47-55. 2002..Our results thus suggest that CDX2 and CDX1 may play a role during IM formation and gastric carcinogenesis...
- Phase II study of cetuximab in combination with FOLFIRI in patients with untreated advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (FOLCETUX study)C Pinto
Medical Oncology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:510-7. 2007..The purpose of this phase II study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of cetuximab combined with FOLFIRI as a first-line treatment of advanced gastric or gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma...
- Endoscopic mucosal resection for treatment of early gastric cancerH Ono
Department of Endoscopy and Gastrointestinal Oncology, National Cancer Center Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gut 48:225-9. 2001..Bleeding and perforation (5%) were two major complications of EMR but there were no treatment related deaths. CONCLUSION: In our experience, EMR allows us to perform less invasive treatment without sacrificing the possibility of cure...
- Capecitabine/cisplatin versus 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin as first-line therapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer: a randomised phase III noninferiority trialY K Kang
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Ann Oncol 20:666-73. 2009..To compare capecitabine/cisplatin with 5-fluorouracil/cisplatin as first-line treatment for advanced gastric cancer (AGC)...
- Patient survival after D1 and D2 resections for gastric cancer: long-term results of the MRC randomized surgical trial. Surgical Co-operative GroupA Cuschieri
University Department of Surgery, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, UK
Br J Cancer 79:1522-30. 1999..However, the possibility that D2 resection without pancreatico-splenectomy may be better than standard D1 resection cannot be dismissed by the results of this trial...
- Assessment of a HER2 scoring system for gastric cancer: results from a validation studyM Hofmann
Institute of Pathology, Klinikum Kassel, Kassel, Germany
Histopathology 52:797-805. 2008..The aim was to establish a HER2 scoring system for gastric cancer to identify suitable patients for enrollment in a trial of trastuzumab (Herceptin) in advanced metastatic gastric cancer...
- Polymorphic DNA repair and metabolic genes: a multigenic study on gastric cancerDomenico Palli
Molecular and Nutritional Epidemiology Unit, ISPO Cancer Prevention and Research Institute, Via Cosimo il Vecchio 2, 50139 Florence, Italy
Mutagenesis 25:569-75. 2010..25, P=0.0012). These findings indicate that a complex interaction between host factors such as oxidative stress, antioxidant capacity and efficiency of multiple DNA repair pathways underlies the inter-individual variability in GC risk...
- Impact of the extent of surgery and postoperative chemoradiotherapy on recurrence patterns in gastric cancerJohan L Dikken
Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 28:2430-6. 2010....
- Helicobacter pylori and gastric cancer: factors that modulate disease riskLydia E Wroblewski
Division of Gastroenterology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 2215 Garland Ave, 1030C MRB IV, Nashville, TN 37232 2279, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 23:713-39. 2010..Since H. pylori inhibits the gastric epithelium of half of the world, it is crucial that we continue to gain understanding of host and microbial factors that increase the risk of developing more severe clinical outcomes...
- Risk factors in gastric cancerD Compare
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 14:302-8. 2010..pylori strategy in patients with chronic atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia (IM), (5) a careful endoscopic and histologic follow-up if precancerous lesions persist irrespective of H. pylori eradication...
- Epidemiologic features of upper gastrointestinal tract cancers in Northeastern IranF Islami
Digestive Disease Research Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Shariati Hospital, North Kargar Avenue, Tehran, Iran
Br J Cancer 90:1402-6. 2004..Further studies are needed to define more precisely the patterns of upper GI cancer incidence, to test other previously suspected risk factors, and to find new significant risk factors in this high-risk area...
- Role of innate immunity in Helicobacter pylori-induced gastric malignancyRichard M Peek
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs Tennessee Valley Healthcare System, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2279, USA
Physiol Rev 90:831-58. 2010..pylori-infected individuals who can then be targeted for therapeutic intervention...
- Polymorphisms in Toll-like receptor genes and risk of cancerE M El-Omar
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Aberdeen University, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Oncogene 27:244-52. 2008..In this review, we discuss polymorphisms in Toll-like receptors and give an insight into how they may influence risk of cancer...
- Cetuximab plus oxaliplatin/leucovorin/5-fluorouracil in first-line metastatic gastric cancer: a phase II study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internistische Onkologie (AIO)F Lordick
Klinikum rechts der Isar, 3rd Medical Department, Technische Universitat Munchen, Ismaninger Strasse 22, 81675 Munich, Germany
Br J Cancer 102:500-5. 2010..Cetuximab enhances the efficacy of chemotherapy in several cancer types. This trial assessed the activity of cetuximab and chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer...
- Helicobacter pylori infection generates genetic instability in gastric cellsAna Manuel Dantas Machado
Department of Science, Systems and Models, University of Roskilde, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1806:58-65. 2010....
- Phase II study of cetuximab in combination with cisplatin and docetaxel in patients with untreated advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma (DOCETUX study)C Pinto
Department of Medical Oncology, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Br J Cancer 101:1261-8. 2009..The purpose of this phase II study was to evaluate the activity and safety of cetuximab combined with cisplatin and docetaxel as a first-line treatment for advanced gastric or gastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma...
- MicroRNA-23a promotes the growth of gastric adenocarcinoma cell line MGC803 and downregulates interleukin-6 receptorLi Hua Zhu
Tianjin Life Science Research Center and Basic Medical School, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
FEBS J 277:3726-34. 2010..The downregulation of IL6R by miR-23a may explain why the suppression of miR-23a can inhibit gastric cancer cell proliferation...
- Survival prediction of gastric cancer by a seven-microRNA signatureXiaohua Li
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, The Fourth Military Medical University, 17 Changle Western Road, Xi an, China
Gut 59:579-85. 2010..No study has evaluated the association between miRNA expression patterns and gastric cancer prognosis. In this study, we developed a seven-miRNA signature that is closely associated with survival of patients with gastric cancer...
- The HER-2/neu oncogene in tumors of the gastrointestinal tractJ S Ross
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine MC 81, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Cancer Invest 19:554-68. 2001....
- MicroRNA-375 is downregulated in gastric carcinomas and regulates cell survival by targeting PDK1 and 14-3-3zetaYoshiyuki Tsukamoto
Department of Molecular Pathology, Faculty of Medicine and Institute of Scientific Research, Oita University, Oita, Japan
Cancer Res 70:2339-49. 2010..Taken together, we propose that miR-375 is a candidate tumor suppressor miRNA in gastric carcinoma...
- Gastric cancer: a primer on the epidemiology and biology of the disease and an overview of the medical management of advanced diseaseManish A Shah
Gastrointestinal Oncology Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 8:437-47. 2010..This article summarizes the epidemiology and ethnic variation of this disease to crystalize subtypes of gastric cancer in the context of current and future medical management of advanced disease...
- Gastric cancer treatment guidelines in JapanToshifusa Nakajima
Cancer Institute Hospital, 1-37-1 Kamiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-8455, Japan
Gastric Cancer 5:1-5. 2002....
- Oncogenic pathway combinations predict clinical prognosis in gastric cancerChia Huey Ooi
Duke NUS Graduate Medical School, Singapore
PLoS Genet 5:e1000676. 2009..Predicting pathway activity by expression signatures thus permits the study of multiple cancer-related pathways interacting simultaneously in primary cancers, at a scale not currently achievable by other platforms...
- Studies on inducing apoptosis effects and mechanism of CIK cells for MGC-803 gastric cancer cell linesShu Sun
Department of Pathology, Yanbian University, College of Medicine, Yanji 133000, Jilin Province, China
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 20:173-80. 2005..The CIK cells kill MGC-803 gastric cancer cells by inducing apoptosis in the early stage and by inducing necrosis in the late stage through the downregulating expression of p53, C-myc, and Bcl-2 and the upregulating expression of Bax...
- Association of a distinctive strain of Epstein-Barr virus with gastric cancerAlejandro Corvalan
Department of Pathology, Catholic University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Int J Cancer 118:1736-42. 2006..This finding is contrary to the proposed hypothesis that EBV strains are geographically but not disease-restricted and identified a healthy population group that share the same strain that predominate in EBVaGC cases...
- Long-term outcomes after laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancer: analysis of consecutive 106 experiencesJunhyun Lee
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea
J Surg Oncol 100:693-8. 2009..The purpose of this retrospective study is to suggest the possibility of laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy (LAG) for advanced gastric cancer (AGC) through long-term outcomes...
- Exposure to oral bisphosphonates and risk of esophageal cancerChris R Cardwell
Centre for Public Health, Queen s University Belfast, Grosvenor Rd, Belfast BT12 6BJ, United Kingdom
JAMA 304:657-63. 2010..Esophagitis is a known adverse effect of bisphosphonate use, and recent reports suggest a link between bisphosphonate use and esophageal cancer, but this has not been robustly investigated...
- Overexpression of Grb2/HER2 signaling in Chinese gastric cancer: their relationship with clinicopathological parameters and prognostic significanceGuan Zhen Yu
Department of Oncology, Changzheng Hospital, 200070 Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:1331-9. 2009..However, little is known about their expression in gastric cancer. In this study, we try to explore their relationship with clinicopathological parameters and prognostic significance in gastric cancer patients...
- Coadaptation of Helicobacter pylori and humans: ancient history, modern implicationsJohn C Atherton
Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre Biomedical Research Unit and Institute of Infection, Immunity and Inflammation, Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 119:2475-87. 2009..These may have contributed to recent increases in esophageal adenocarcinoma and, more speculatively, other modern diseases...
- Imaging in assessing lymph node status in gastric cancerRobert Michael Kwee
Department of Radiology, Maastricht University Medical Center, P Debyelaan 25, 6202 AZ, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Gastric Cancer 12:6-22. 2009..The aim of this study was to systematically review the current role of imaging in assessing lymph node (LN) status in gastric cancer...
- Review of salt consumption and stomach cancer risk: epidemiological and biological evidenceXiao Qin Wang
Department of Epidemiology, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, 76 West Yantan Road, Xi an 710061, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:2204-13. 2009..Based on the considerable evidence from ecological, case-control and cohort studies worldwide and the mechanistic plausibility, limitation on salt and salted food consumption is a practical strategy for preventing gastric cancer...
- Multicenter phase II study of irinotecan, cisplatin, and bevacizumab in patients with metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinomaManish A Shah
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5201-6. 2006..We evaluated the efficacy and safety of the addition of bevacizumab to chemotherapy in the treatment of gastric and gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma...
- Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junctionJ S Macdonald
St Vincent's Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, USA
N Engl J Med 345:725-30. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Postoperative chemoradiotherapy should be considered for all patients at high risk for recurrence of adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction who have undergone curative resection...
- Randomised, non-comparative phase II study of weekly docetaxel with cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil or with capecitabine in oesophagogastric cancer: the AGITG ATTAX trialN C Tebbutt
Department of Medical Oncology, Austin Health, PO Box 5555, Studley Road, Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria 3084, Australia
Br J Cancer 102:475-81. 2010..Weekly docetaxel is associated with less haematological toxicity. This randomised phase II study tested weekly docetaxel-based combination chemotherapy regimens, with the aim of maintaining their activity while reducing toxicity...
- Current status and future perspectives in gastric cancer managementD H Roukos
Department of Surgery, Medical School, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Cancer Treat Rev 26:243-55. 2000..All these prerequisites are best ensured by management in experienced surgical oncology units...
- Risk factors associated with complication following laparoscopy-assisted gastrectomy for gastric cancer: a large-scale korean multicenter studyMin Chan Kim
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 15:2692-700. 2008..We sought to evaluate the technical feasibility of LAG by determining the morbidity and mortality and identifying corresponding predictive factors...
- Evaluation of HER-2 gene status in gastric carcinoma using immunohistochemistry, fluorescence in situ hybridization, and real-time quantitative polymerase chain reactionMin A Kim
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 799, Korea
Hum Pathol 38:1386-93. 2007..9% specificity using FISH results as the standard. Measurements of HER-2 expression by FISH and real-time q-PCR and of HER-2 protein by IHC were found to be highly concordant at determining HER-2 status in gastric carcinoma...
- The effect of spleen-preserving lymphadenectomy on surgical outcomes of locally advanced proximal gastric cancerSung Jin Oh
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, South Korea
J Surg Oncol 99:275-80. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of D2 lymphadenectomy with spleen preservation on surgical outcomes in locally advanced proximal gastric cancer...
- NF-kappaB activation and potentiation of proinflammatory responses by the Helicobacter pylori CagA proteinSabine Brandt
Department of Medical Microbiology, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Strasse 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:9300-5. 2005..Thus, CagA is a multifunctional protein capable of effecting both actin remodeling and potentiation of chemokine release...
- The role of PET/CT in detection of gastric cancer recurrenceSung Hoon Sim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
BMC Cancer 9:73. 2009..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the efficacy and usefulness of PET/CT for detecting recurrence of gastric cancer after curative resection...
- Folate intake, MTHFR polymorphisms, and risk of esophageal, gastric, and pancreatic cancer: a meta-analysisSusanna C Larsson
Division of Nutritional Epidemiology, National Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Gastroenterology 131:1271-83. 2006....
- HER2 in gastric cancer: a new prognostic factor and a novel therapeutic targetC Gravalos
Medical Oncology Department, University Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Ann Oncol 19:1523-9. 2008..This review summarizes the rationale, preclinical evidence, retrospective clinical analyses, and the interim clinical data pertaining HER2 therapies in gastric cancer...
- Assessment of lymph node metastases using 18F-FDG PET in patients with advanced gastric cancerSeok-Ki Kim
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, 809 Madu Ilsan Goyang, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 33:148-55. 2006..Despite some clear limitations, FDG PET proved useful in the LN staging of FDG-avid gastric cancer...
- Clinical role of 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography in post-operative follow up of gastric cancer: initial resultsLong Sun
Minnan PET Center and Department of Nuclear Medicine, The First Hospital of Xiamen, Fujian Medical University, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:4627-32. 2008..To evaluate the clinical role of (18)F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission and computed tomography ((18)F-FDG PET/CT) in detection of gastric cancer recurrence after initial surgical resection...
- Survival rate of gastric and esophageal cancers in Ardabil province, North-West of IranFatemeh Samadi
Digestive Disease Research Center DDRC, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:32-7. 2007..We conducted this study to determine the present survival rate of patients with esophageal and gastric cancers before launching interventional studies...
- Dietary habits and stomach cancer in Mizoram, IndiaRup Kumar Phukan
Regional Medical Research Centre, NE Region (ICMR, Dibrugarh, Assam, India
J Gastroenterol 41:418-24. 2006..H. pylori infection might increase the risk of stomach cancer, or it may play a role as a promoter of stomach cancer in Mizoram...
- Relationship between Helicobacter pylori iceA, cagA, and vacA status and clinical outcome: studies in four different countriesY Yamaoka
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Microbiol 37:2274-9. 1999..iceA status shows considerable geographic differences, and neither iceA nor combinations of iceA, vacA, and cagA were helpful in predicting the clinical presentation of an H. pylori infection...
- DNA microarray analysis of the correlation between gene expression patterns and acquired resistance to 5-FU/cisplatin in gastric cancerHark Kyun Kim
Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:781-9. 2004..These exploratory data demonstrate that the gene expression profiles differ between chemosensitive and refractory state gastric cancer biopsy samples...
- Comparative genomic hybridization of cancer of the gastroesophageal junction: deletion of 14Q31-32.1 discriminates between esophageal (Barrett's) and gastric cardia adenocarcinomasH van Dekken
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Rotterdam, Erasmus University, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 59:748-52. 1999..Second, genetic divergence was revealed in this poorly understood group of cancers...
- Phase I study of epirubicin, cisplatin and capecitabine plus matuzumab in previously untreated patients with advanced oesophagogastric cancerS Rao
Department of Medicine, Royal Marsden Hospital, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 99:868-74. 2008..At the doses evaluated in serial skin biopsies, matuzumab decreased phosphorylation of EGFR and MAPK, and increased phosphorylation of STAT-3...
- Molecular basis of therapeutic approaches to gastric cancerKaichun Wu
State Key Laboratory of Cancer Biology and Institute of Digestive Diseases, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:37-41. 2009..Using HLA-A-matched allogeneic gastric cancer cells to induce tumor-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes appeared to be an alternative option of immunotherapy for gastric cancer...
- Sonic hedgehog signaling promotes motility and invasiveness of gastric cancer cells through TGF-beta-mediated activation of the ALK5-Smad 3 pathwayYoung A Yoo
Brain Korea 21 Program for Biomedical Science, Korea University College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Carcinogenesis 29:480-90. 2008..Additionally, our findings are the first to suggest a role and mechanism for Shh signaling as it relates to the metastatic potential of gastric cancer, thereby indicating potential therapeutic molecular targets to decrease metastasis...
- A case-control study of stomach cancer in Mumbai, IndiaD Nagaraj Rao
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Int J Cancer 99:727-31. 2002..A protective effect of tea consumption (OR = 0.4, 95% CI 0.2-0.9, p = 0.03), showing 59% reduction in risk, was identified, which could be of use for possible control and prevention of this cancer...
- Differential expression of microRNA species in human gastric cancer versus non-tumorous tissuesJunming Guo
Ningbo University School of Medicine, Ningbo 315211, Zhejiang Province, China
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:652-7. 2009..MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in carcinogenesis. The global miRNA expression profile of gastric cancer has not been reported. The purpose of the present study was to determine the miRNA expression profile of gastric cancer...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for gastric cancer with S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidineShinichi Sakuramoto
Department of Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
N Engl J Med 357:1810-20. 2007..Advanced gastric cancer can respond to S-1, an oral fluoropyrimidine. We tested S-1 as adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with curatively resected gastric cancer...
- HER-2 amplification is highly homogenous in gastric cancerAndreas H Marx
Institute of Pathology, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Hum Pathol 40:769-77. 2009..The high level of HER-2 amplification in combination with the homogeneity of its expression in primary and metastatic tumors argues for a possible therapeutic utility of trastuzumab in HER-2-amplified gastric adenocarcinomas...
- Gastric cancerPaul Lochhead
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Aberdeen University, Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill, Aberdeen AB25 2ZD, UK
Br Med Bull 85:87-100. 2008..The pathogenesis of gastric cancer represents a paradigm for microbially induced and inflammation-driven malignancies, and understanding this will be the best means of defeating this cancer...
- Cross-talk between LPA1 and epidermal growth factor receptors mediates up-regulation of sphingosine kinase 1 to promote gastric cancer cell motility and invasionDai Shida
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Massey Cancer Center, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0614, USA
Cancer Res 68:6569-77. 2008....
- Integrative approach for differentially overexpressed genes in gastric cancer by combining large-scale gene expression profiling and network analysisA Takeno
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, 2 2 Yamadaoka Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Br J Cancer 99:1307-15. 2008..This integrated approach could help to identify candidate players in gastric carcinogenesis and progression. These genes are potential markers of gastric cancer regardless of stage...
- Treatment and outcomes of gastric cancer among United States-born and foreign-born Asians and Pacific IslandersStacey A Dacosta Byfield
Division of Pharmacy, Department of Drug Use Policy and Pharmacoeconomics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 115:4595-605. 2009..The authors investigated whether stage at diagnosis, cancer treatments, and survival of Asian and Pacific Islander (API) gastric cancer patients in the United States vary by birthplace...
- Clinicopathological features and medical management of early gastric cancerTakehiro Okabayashi
Kochi Medical School, Kohasu Okocho, Nankoku, 783 85050 Kochi, Japan
Am J Surg 195:229-32. 2008..The aim of the current study was to compare the clinicopathological findings of patients with and without lymph node metastasis...
- Classification of lymph node metastases from gastric cancer: comparison between N-site and N-number systems. Our experience and review of the literaturePaolo Aurello
University of Rome, La Sapienza, Second Faculty of Medicine, Sant Andrea Hospital, Surgery Unit D, 00189 Rome, Italy
Am Surg 73:359-66. 2007..Hence, in our opinion, for correct N-staging, 10 lymph nodes in early gastric cancer and at least 16 in the other pT-stages seem sufficient for a real pN0 stadiation...
- Treatment of the adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction at a single institution in MexicoLuis F Oñate-Ocaña
Clínica de Neoplasias Gástricas, Gastroenterology Department, Surgery Division, Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia, Mexico D F, Mexico
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1439-48. 2007..Adenocarcinoma of the esophagogastric junction (EGJ) is rapidly increasing in the west. Our aim is to define the prognostic factors and treatment of EGJ carcinoma in Mexico, particularly the location after the Siewert's classification...
- Prognostic impact of resection margin involvement after extended (D2/D3) gastrectomy for advanced gastric cancer: a 15-year experience at a single instituteByoung Chul Cho
Yonsei Cancer Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Surg Oncol 95:461-8. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate whether microscopic positive margins are detrimental to the outcome of gastric cancer patients treated with extended (D2/3) gastrectomy...
- Evaluation of the efficacy of triple therapy regimen for Helicobacter pylori eradication in gastrectomized patients with gastric adenocarcinomaJose Luiz Bertoli Neto
Department of Surgery, , , Brazil
Gastric Cancer 9:291-4. 2006..pylori eradication between the two groups; therefore, the triple therapy regimen is effective for the eradication of H. pylori in gastrectomized patients with a Roux-en-Y reconstruction...
- Clinicopathological features and prognosis of gastric cancer in young European adultsR Santoro
Department of Digestive Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Via Elio Chianesi 53, 00144 Rome, Italy
Br J Surg 94:737-42. 2007..The aims of this study were to define the clinicopathological features and prognosis of gastric cancer in young European adults...
- Impact of induction chemotherapy and preoperative chemoradiotherapy on operative morbidity and mortality in patients with locoregional adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junctionKazumasa Fujitani
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 444, P.O. Box 301402, Houston, TX 77230-1402, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1305-11. 2007....
- Impact of induction chemotherapy and preoperative chemoradiotherapy on operative morbidity and mortality in patients with locoregional adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junctionKazumasa Fujitani
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2010-7. 2007....
- Clinical significance of ghrelin concentration of plasma and tumor tissue in patients with gastric cancerJi Yeong An
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Surg Res 143:344-9. 2007..This study examined the difference in the plasma and tissue ghrelin levels according to the clinicopathological features and the extent of a gastric resection in gastric cancer patients who underwent a gastrectomy...
- Prognostic significance of gastrin expression in patients undergoing R0 gastrectomy for adenocarcinomaMichael R Stephens
Department of Surgery, Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, UK
Gastric Cancer 10:159-66. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine the cellular distribution of gastrin in intestinal-type gastric cancers, and to determine its relationship to outcomes after R0 gastrectomy...
- Experience of gastric cancer in a patient who had received a living-donor liver transplantationYasuhiro Nagata
Department of Surgery, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Gastric Cancer 10:187-90. 2007....
- Palliative gastrectomy and chemotherapy for stage IV gastric cancerSheng Zhang Lin
Department of General Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325027, China
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:187-92. 2008..To investigate the value of palliative gastrectomy and chemotherapy in a large series of patients with stage IV gastric cancer...
- Plasma levels of prothrombin fragment F1+2, D-dimer and prothrombin time correlate with clinical stage and lymph node metastasis in operable gastric cancer patientsHyuk Chan Kwon
Department of Internal Medicine, Dong A University College of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 715, South Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:2-7. 2008..The principal objective of this study was to determine the relationship between preoperative coagulation tests and the extent of tumor involvement in gastric cancer patients...
- Serum HDL-C as a potential biomarker for nodal stages in gastric cancerEnqi Guo
Department of Surgery, Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou, PR China 310009
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2528-34. 2007..Although changes in lipid profile have been documented in gastrointestinal cancers, the specific relationship between serum lipid levels and lymph node (N) stages in gastric cancer remains uncertain...
- Background submucosal cysts in early gastric cancer cases have unique clinicopathologic features suggestive of postgastritis and significant smoking associationMasaaki Ichinoe
Department of Pathology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Am J Clin Pathol 128:746-52. 2007..The Brinkman index was also significantly higher. Cases of gastric cancer with SMC show characteristic clinicopathologic features, and SMC formation may be caused by gastritis and influenced by smoking...
- Totally laparoscopic total and subtotal gastrectomy with extended lymph node dissection for early and advanced gastric cancer: early and long-term results of a 100-patient seriesCristiano G S Huscher
Department of Health Sciences, Division of Surgery, Veneziale Hospital, Molise University, Isernia, Italy
Am J Surg 194:839-44; discussion 844. 2007..The aim of our study was to determine if long-term results of these laparoscopic procedures may justify their use as an alternative to open surgery also in advanced gastric cancer...
- Endoscopic tumor diagnosis and treatmentM Kida
Dept of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University East Hospital, Sagamihara City, Kanagawa, Japan
Endoscopy 34:860-70. 2002
- Biochemical alterations from normal mucosa to gastric cancer by ex vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopyCarlo Calabrese
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Gastroenterologia, Universita di Bologna, Via G Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1386-95. 2008....
- Helicobacter pylori infection, but not genetic polymorphism of CYP2E1, is highly prevalent in gastric cancer patients younger than 40 yearsGotaro Masuda
Surgery for Organ and Biological Regulation, First Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Gastric Cancer 10:98-103. 2007..The objective of this study was to elucidate the roles of these risk factors in patients younger than 40 years by analyzing clinicopathological data and H. pylori infection, and using molecular epidemiologic techniques...
- Gastric adenocarcinoma: reduction of perioperative mortality by avoidance of nontherapeutic laparotomyBrian R Smith
Department of Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 West Carson Street, Box 25, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:127-32. 2007..We conclude that in an area of high immigration there has been no decline in gastric adenocarcinoma rates over the past decade, and the marked reduction in perioperative mortality was due to near elimination of nontherapeutic laparotomy...
- The local and systemic T-cell response to Helicobacter pylori in gastric cancer patients is characterised by production of interleukin-10B Samuel Lundin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute of Biomedicine, Göteborg University Vaccine Research Institute, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Clin Immunol 125:205-13. 2007..pylori-infected GC patients leads to a diminished cytotoxic anti-tumour T-cell response in the stomach, which may contribute to tumour progression in subjects suffering from GC...
Research Grants106 found, 100 shown here
- Structure-function analysis of H. pylori VacATIMOTHY COVER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research seeks to understand how a bacterial infection can lead to these diseases, and seeks to develop new approaches for the prevention and therapy of stomach cancer and peptic ulcer disease. ..
- Structure-function analysis of H. pylori VacATimothy L Cover; Fiscal Year: 2011..This research seeks to understand how a bacterial infection can lead to these diseases, and seeks to develop new approaches for the prevention and therapy of stomach cancer and peptic ulcer disease. ..
- Surrogate Biomarkers of Micrometastatic Gastric CancerAdam Smolka; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful development and validation of a lymph node RT-PCR-based assay for micrometastatic stomach cancer is likely to have a significant clinical impact. ..
- Analysis of the H. Pylori cag pathogenicity islandTIMOTHY COVER; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research seeks to understand how a bacterial infection can lead to these diseases. The long-term goals are to develop effective means for the prevention and treatment of stomach cancer and peptic ulcer disease. ..
- Analysis of the H. Pylori cag pathogenicity islandTimothy L Cover; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research seeks to understand how a bacterial infection can lead to these diseases. The long-term goals are to develop effective means for the prevention and treatment of stomach cancer and peptic ulcer disease. ..
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EDRN: Clinical Epidemiology & Validation CentersHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2007..b. a study to evaluate the acceptability of hypothetical biomarkers among high risk and average risk individuals and primary health care providers. ..
- SURGICAL ONCOLOGY TRAINING GRANTJames Goldenring; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- CYCLIC AMP AS A MEDIATOR OF PARIETAL CELL SECRETIONJames Goldenring; Fiscal Year: 2000..These investigations will provide important insights into the mechanisms by which epithelial cells in general, and parietal cells specifically, segregate their second messenger-dependent signaling systems. ..
- Cyclic AMP Mediation of Epithelial Cell FunctionJames Goldenring; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will allow focused investigation of the spectrum of AKAP35O scaffolding complexes that may regulate intra-Golgi and post-Golgi trafficking in polarized epithelial cells. ..
- SMALL GTP BINDING PROTEINS IN GASTROINTESTINAL MUCOSAJames Goldenring; Fiscal Year: 2002..Since Rab11a and Rab25 are components of general apical recycling systems, insights gained in these investigations may lead to more general concepts governing the control of epithelial cell apical trafficking. ..
- THE ROLE OF MYCOBACTERIA IN CROHN'S DISEASEDavid Graham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study should either confirm or refute the proposed etiologic association of M. paratuberculosis and Crohn's disease as well as the identification of patients with Crohn's disease and M. paratuberculosis. ..
- HELICOBACTER INFECTION AND GROWTH OF CHILDRENPelayo Correa; Fiscal Year: 2001..pylori infection and growth retardation, essential information for evaluating the effects of H. pylori infection on children's health and targeting appropriate preventive strategies. ..
- Helicobacter pylori and gastrointestinal biologyRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori'-induced injury and carcinogenesis in vivo. This study will help to identify people who are at great risk for stomach cancer. This will greatly improve diagnosis and therapy of H. pylori infections. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Molecular strategies to define carcinoids and rationalize surgical interventionIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2007..This will provide novel biological information and provide molecular data to identify occult metastasis predict spread and facilitate preemptive appropriate therapy. ..
- TRAINING IN GASTROENTEROLOGYRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are encouraged by our ability to successfully train academic investigators. 6 of the 8 individuals currently in training are currently planning careers in academic medicine ..
- Immunomodulatory effects of arginine supplementation in colitis and colon cancerKeith T Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- H. Pylori Relationship to Digestive Diseases and CancerRichard M Peek; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: These studies will define bacterial and host factors that influence gastric cancer. Such findings may help to identify H. pylori-infected persons at high risk for gastric cancer, who thereby warrant therapy. ..
- Molecular strategies to define carcinoids and rationalize surgical interventionIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2009..This will provide novel biological information and provide molecular data to identify occult metastasis predict spread and facilitate preemptive appropriate therapy. ..
- Endoscopic Therapy of Early Cancer in Barretts EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Diagnostic and therapeutic techniques developed in this study can be applied to other gastrointestinal tumors. ..
- Helicobacter pylori and gastrointestinal biologyRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2009..pylori'-induced injury and carcinogenesis in vivo. This study will help to identify people who are at great risk for stomach cancer. This will greatly improve diagnosis and therapy of H. pylori infections. ..
- Helicobacter pylori and gastrointestinal biologyRichard M Peek; Fiscal Year: 2010..pylori'-induced injury and carcinogenesis in vivo. This study will help to identify people who are at great risk for stomach cancer. This will greatly improve diagnosis and therapy of H. pylori infections. ..
- Detection and Diagnosis of Pancreatic CancerDavid Gold; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aim 3. To investigate whether inclusion of other mucin biomarkers can increase diagnostic accuracy through multivariate analyses. ..
- Helicobacter pylori and gastrointestinal biologyRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Neuropeptide Y for Cancer-Associated AnorexiaAminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2003..These two pilot studies will allow us to lay the groundwork for such larger trials. Our ultimate goal is to help cancer patients who suffer from anorexia. ..
- Inhibition of pathogen-induced NFkBmediated inflammationRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2005..2)To identify and functionally characterize PPAR( target genes and microbially-induced NF-?B-regulated genes that are suppressed by PPAR(, activation using an in vitro model of intestinal epithelial cell inflammation. ..
- iNOS, COX-2, and Arginase in Murine Barrett's EsophagusKeith Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will study macroscopic and histologic evidence of esophagitis, BE and BAA, gene expression, apoptosis and proliferation in A. wild-type (WT) vs. COX-2-/- mice, B. W'I- vs. iNOS -/-mice, and C. WT vs. argll -/- mice. ..
- Creatine: Is It a Body Builder for Cancer Patients?Aminah Jatoi; Fiscal Year: 2004..obtain longitudinal toxicity and quality of life data on this same cohort of 50 patients and will make direct comparisons between treatment arms on toxicity incidence and severity and on maximal quality of life scores ..
- HPYLORI INDUCED DNA DAMAGE AND IMMUNE DYSREGULATIONKeith Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2001..The results of these studies will provide new information that will elucidate the central pathogenetic steps of H. pylori disease and will provide potential new targets for intervention and therapy. ..
- Molecular Strategies for Gastric Carcinoid SurgeryIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2005..A pre-operative determination of the neoplastic ECL cell gene expression relating to gastrin responsiveness will improve the rationale for therapeutic gastric or antral resection. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2006..These observations can be extended to other forms of ablative therapy in future studies. ..
- Biomarkers in Phototherapy of Barrett's EsophagusKenneth K Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will provide an improved understanding regarding the response of Barrett's esophagus to ablation therapy. ..
- A NOVEL TECHNIQUE FOR SCREENING BARRETT'S ESOSPHAGUSKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2003..The development of a screening device for Barrett's esophagus that could be operated by paramedical personnel would enable large-scale low cost screening to identify patients at risk for esophageal cancer. ..
- Mechanism that regulate Helicobacter pylori-induced beta-caterin activationRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2009..py/ori-induced B-catenin activation. 3. To define differences in epithelial molecular responses to carcinogenic H. pylori versus mutant strains using a transgenic murine model of gastric cancer. ..
- H.Pylori Relationship to Digestive Diseases and CancerRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori-induced carcinogenesis and facilitate identification of potential therapeutic targets, but may also provide insights into other malignancies that arise within the context of inflammatory states. ..
- Mechanism that regulate Helicobacter pylori-induced beta-catenin activationRichard Peek; Fiscal Year: 2007..pylori-induced ?-catenin activation. 3. To define differences in epithelial molecular responses to carcinogenic H. pylori versus mutant strains using a transgenic murine model of gastric cancer. ..
- Novel Method of Surveillance in Barrett's EsophagusKenneth Wang; Fiscal Year: 2007..This is an innovative method by which a physician can diagnose hidden areas of cancer within patients who are at a high risk of developing esophageal cancer. ..