Summary: Abnormal passage communicating with the STOMACH.
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Gastrocolocutaneous Fistula as a complication of peg tube placementH C Roozrokh
Department of General Surgery, Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh, 1400 Locust Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, USA
Surg Endosc 16:538-9. 2002..Gastrograffin enema and colonoscopy confirmed the location of the misplaced feeding tube. We review the clinical presentation, diagnosis, errors in procedural technique, and treatment of gastrocolocutaneous fistulas...
- Results after endoscopic treatment of postoperative upper gastrointestinal fistulas and leaks using combined Vicryl plug and fibrin glueS Truong
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Surg Endosc 18:1105-8. 2004..Depending on the clinical presentation, the treatment options include surgery, conservative treatment with or without external drainage or endoscopic treatment...
- Simultaneous gastroscopy and colonoscopy for the diagnosis of gastrojejunocolic fistulaVarghese Thomas Malayil
Department of Gastroenterology, Calicut Medical College, Kozhikode, India
Gastrointest Endosc 66:597-8; discussion 598. 2007
- Endoscopic repair of gastric leaks after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: a less invasive approachBenjamin F Merrifield
Division of Gastroenterology, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 63:710-4. 2006..Surgical options to address a chronic gastric leak are technically challenging and often unsuccessful. We present a novel peroral endoscopic treatment for patients with chronic gastric leaks after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass...
- Giant gastric ulcer: an endoscopic roller coasterA O Laosebikan
Department of Surgery, Greys Hospital, Private Bag X9001, Pietemaritzburg, 3200, KwaZulu Natal, South Africa
Gut 54:468, 509. 2005
- Airway gastric fistula after esophagectomy for esophageal cancerMitra Sahebazamani
Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Environmental, and Sleep Medicine, Carilion Clinic, Roanoke, Virginia 24014, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 93:988-90. 2012Airway gastric fistula formation is a rare and complex complication after esophagectomy. Clinical presentations vary, making a uniform approach to treatment not possible...
- Delayed spontaneous hepatogastric fistula formation following transcatheter arterial embolisation and radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinomaC Y Wang
National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Br J Radiol 82:e105-7. 2009..Patients with risk factors, including liver cirrhosis and large lesions close to the adjacent gastrointestinal tract, are especially vulnerable. Gas formation within a necrotic liver tumour requires immediate drainage...
- Successful conservative management of benign gastro-bronchial fistula after intrathoracic esophagogastrostomyDavide Bona
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Division of General Surgery, I R C C S Policlinico San Donato, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 84:1036-8. 2007..A self-expanding esophageal metal stent allowed exclusion of the fistula with symptom relief and return to oral alimentation...
- Gastrobronchial fistula repair followed by esophageal leak--rescue by transesophageal drainage of the pleural cavityP P Brega Massone
Oncologic Thoracic Surgery Department, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Milano, Italy
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 50:113-6. 2002..Fistula closure was attempted by implanting a Wilson-Cook endoprosthesis, which quickly became dislodged. Transesophageal drainage was positioned endoscopically through the suture-line defect and led to closure of the leak after 10 days...
- Repair of gastrotracheal fistula with a pedicled pericardial flap after Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy for esophageal cancerSuk Won Song
Center for Lung Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:716-7. 2006
- A case of biliary gastric fistula following percutaneous radiofrequency thermal ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaAngela Falco
Department of Internal Medicine, S Massimo Civil Hospital, Aquila, Penne Pe 65017, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:804-5. 2007..Here we describe for the first time a case of biliary gastric fistula occurred in a 66-year old man with a Child's class A alcoholic liver cirrhosis as a complication of RFA of a ..
- Benign gastro-bronchial fistula - an uncommon complication of esophagectomy: case reportMohan P Devbhandari
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, South Manchester University Hospital, NHS Trust, Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
BMC Surg 5:16. 2005..Gastro-bronchial fistula (GBF) is a rare and devastating complication following esophagectomy. Making the correct diagnosis is difficult and there is no agreement on the treatment for this rare condition...
- Combined endoscopic cautery and clip closure of chronic gastrocutaneous fistulasJonathan E Teitelbaum
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Monmouth Medical Center, Long Branch, New Jersey, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 62:432-5. 2005..The standard treatment is surgery with laparotomy and excision of the fistula tract. This study describes the results of an endoscopic closure technique by using a combination of electrocautery and metal clips...
- Gastric cancer presenting as gastropericardial fistula in a patient with familial adenomatous polyposis syndromeKavitha M Chinnaiyan
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:298. 2004
- Gastropericardial fistula: a case report and review of literatureT M Grandhi
Department of Surgery, Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire KA2 0BE, UK
Emerg Med J 21:644-5. 2004
- Lessons learned from the first 100 cases in a new minimally invasive bariatric surgery programJon Charles Gould
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Department of Surgery, Madison, WI, USA
Obes Surg 14:618-25. 2004..Experienced laparoscopic surgeons and bariatric surgeons can learn from the outcomes and complications of their initial experience in LRYGBP...
- Gastropericardial fistula after laparoscopic surgery for reflux diseaseSudish Murthy
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, USA
N Engl J Med 346:328-32. 2002
- A rare gastric ulcer complication: the gastrocolic fistula. A case reportA Cennamo
VI Divisione di Clinica Chirurgica Generale e d'Urgenza,
Chir Ital 53:869-72. 2001..Careful attention to the symptoms of peptic ulcer and particular care with patients undergoing long-term treatments with drugs potentially harmful for the stomach are recommended...
- Analysis of factors affecting the spontaneous closure of a gastrocutaneous fistulaTracey A Janik
Department of Pediatric Surgery, The Children s Hospital University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:1197-9. 2004..The purpose of this report was to analyze a large group of pediatric patients with a persistent GCF to determine the rate of persistence and any factors that correlate with the persistence of a GCF...
- Persistence of gastrocutaneous fistula after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children: prevalence and associated factorsN El-Rifai
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Lille University Children s Hospital and Faculty of Medicine, Lille, France
Endoscopy 36:700-4. 2004..The aims of this study were to determine the prevalence of gastrocutaneous fistula after removal of gastrostomy tubes in children and to identify associated risk factors...
- Gastropericardial fistula and Candida kruzei pericarditis following laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication (gastropericardial fistula)F Farjah
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 53:365-7. 2005..The patient was treated with amphotericin and remains symptom-free 10 months after her operation. We recommend both sternotomy and midline abdominal incisions to explore and access the pericardium, stomach, esophagus, and diaphragm...
- Fibrin glue as adjuvant treatment for gastrocutaneous fistula after gastrostomy tube removalA Gonzalez-Ojeda
Medical Research Unit in Clinical Epidemiology Western Medical Center, Mexican Institute of Social Security, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Endoscopy 36:337-41. 2004..36 days, respectively. Endoscopic guidance allows direct instillation of fibrin glue via the external opening through the whole fistulous tract. This procedure reduces the time required for the closure of gastrocutaneous fistulas...
- Gastropericardial fistula, purulent pericarditis, and cardiac tamponade after laparoscopic Nissen fundoplicationEero I T Sihvo
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Ann Thorac Surg 81:356-8. 2006..The patient was successfully managed through a thoracotomy by open drainage of the pericardium, excision and closure of the fistula, and an omentum flap...
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy with the aid of a colonoscope to avoid gastrocolic fistula formationK Tominaga
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Toho University Ohashi Medical Center, Tokyo, Japan
Endoscopy 39:E112-3. 2007
- Gastrocolic fistula with migration of feeding tube into transverse colon as a complication of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomySteven Y Huang
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:S65-6. 2005
- Gastropleural fistula originating from the lesser curve: a recognised complication, an uncommon pathway of communicationI Virlos
Cardiothoracic Centre, Bristol Royal Infirmary, Bristol, UK
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 49:308-9. 2001..This report emphasises that gastropleural fistulas, although uncommon, should be considered in differential diagnoses of thoracic empyema, especially when there is a longstanding history of peptic ulceration...
- Broncho-gastric fistula complicating transthoracic esophagectomyC S Pramesh
Thoracic Surgery Services, Department of Surgical Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Dis Esophagus 14:271-3. 2001..A broncho-gastric fistula is a very rare complication of transthoracic esophagectomy and has been reported anecdotally in the ..
- Spontaneous resolution of pancreatic gastric fistulaHye Jung Yeom
Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, Ewha Womans University, Mok Dong Hospital, Yankcheon Ku Mok Dong 911 1, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Dig Dis Sci 52:561-4. 2007..The fistula tract was also occluded spontaneously and the patient recovered without any complication or need for surgical treatment. The patient has been good progress at a two year follow up after spontaneous resolution of the fistula...
- Bronchogastric fistula successfully treated with the insertion of a covered bronchial stentM J Bennie
Department of Radiology, St Thomas Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London SE1 9RT, UK
Eur Radiol 13:2222-5. 2003..The successful outcome in this case suggests that this method of treatment should be considered in patients in whom this post-operative complication cannot be managed easily by other means...
- CT findings in gastrocolic fistula following percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomySuki Brown
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Pediatr Radiol 37:229-31. 2007..This well-known and major complication following a common procedure may be recognized on plain abdominal radiography, but it has not to our knowledge been documented previously on CT in a child...
- Self-expandable metal stents to treat gastric leaksAlberto Salinas
Hospital de Clinicas Caracas, Caracas, Venezuela
Surg Obes Relat Dis 2:570-2. 2006..We present our experience with the use of self-expandable metal stents (SEMS) to treat this complication...
- Gastrocolocutaneous fistula in a child with congenital short bowel syndrome: a rare complication of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomyYun Chen
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 103:306-10. 2004..This case suggests that a previous history of abdominal surgery or dilated bowel loops should be a relative contraindication to PEG procedure. Open surgical gastrostomy is recommended for such patients...
- Image of the month. Gastrocolic fistula associated with a gastric ulcerTomonori Iida
Department of Surgery, The Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishi shinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8461, Japan
Arch Surg 143:609-10. 2008
- Somatostatin versus octreotide in the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal and pancreatic fistulasEmanuel Leandros
Hippocration Hospital, Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Can J Gastroenterol 18:303-6. 2004..The purpose of the present study was to assess, evaluate and compare the potential clinical benefit and cost effectiveness of pharmacotherapy (somatostatin versus its analogue octreotide) versus conventional therapy...
- Spontaneous gastrojejunal fistula is a complication of gastric ulcerDorde M Culafic
Institute of Digestive Diseases, Clinical Center of Serbia, Koste Todorovica 6, Belgrade 11000, Serbia
World J Gastroenterol 13:483-5. 2007..In summary, this case indicates that persistent symptoms of peptic ulcer disease associated with nutritional disturbances may be caused by gastrojejunal fistula...
- Successful treatment of gastric fistula following rhabdomyolysis after vertical banded gastroplastyKrzysztof Pasnik
Department of General, Oncological and Thoracic Surgery, Central Clinical Hospital, Military Institute of Medicine, Warsaw, Poland
Obes Surg 15:428-30. 2005..rhabdomyolsis after a VBG operation, complicated by perforation of an upper pouch ulcer and subsequent gastric fistula. Cardiac and renal failure occurred, necessitating intensive therapy with catecholamines, diuretics and ..
- Gastroenteric fistula complicating percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomyNitin Patwardhan
Department of Paediatric Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust, London, England, UK
J Pediatr Surg 39:561-4. 2004..Gastroenteric fistula occurs in 2% to 3% of patients undergoing percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG). The authors identified 12 children with this major complication...
- Laparoscopic remnant gastrectomy: a novel approach to gastrogastric fistula after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesityMinyoung Cho
Department of Surgery, The Bariatric Institute and Section of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, FL 33331, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:617-24. 2007..The aim of this study was to review laparoscopic remnant gastrectomy (LRG) as a novel treatment option for this complication...
- Late presentation of a gastrocolic fistula after percutaneous fluoroscopic gastrostomyP Y Marcy
Department of Radiology, Centre Antoine Lacassagne, Nice, France
JBR-BTR 87:17-20. 2004..GCF was symptomless and was discovered during button replacement in a 74-year-old head and neck cancer patient. In patients with complex upper abdominal anatomy, the use of US or CT should be recommended to avoid such problem...
- Gastropancreaticocolic fistula: complication of a benign ulcerShehan Abeygunasekera
Department of Gastroenterology, The St George Hospital, Kogarah, New South Wales, Australia
Gastrointest Endosc 59:450-2. 2004
- Management of gastrogastric fistula after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassAndrew A Gumbs
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 2:117-21. 2006..We present five cases of GGF and detail the management algorithm, including medical, endoscopic, and laparoscopic interventions...
- Successful endoscopic management of postoperative GI fistula with fibrin glue injection: Report of two casesChristopher S Huang
Section of Gastroenterology, Department of Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:460-3. 2004
- Endotherapy including temporary stenting of fistulas of the upper gastrointestinal tract after laparoscopic bariatric surgeryP Eisendrath
Medical Surgical Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatopancreatology, Erasme Hospital, UniversitA libre de Bruxelles U L B, Brussels, Belgium
Endoscopy 39:625-30. 2007..Reoperations for complications of bariatric surgery are associated with high morbidity and mortality. It is not known whether endoscopic treatment may reduce reoperation rates...
- Self-expandable metallic stents in the treatment of post-esophagogastrostomy/post-esophagoenterostomy fistulaP Nowakowski
Department of General and Vascular Surgery, Medical University of Silesia, SPSK Nr 7 GCM Ziolowa Str 47, 40 635 Katowice, Poland
Dis Esophagus 20:358-60. 2007..Our experiences confirms that of other investigators...
- Reoperative bariatric surgeryMichael G Sarr
Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW AL 2 435, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Surg Endosc 21:1909-13. 2007
- Endoscopic treatment of gastrocutaneous fistula following gastric bypass for obesityAndrés Felipe Mejía
Endoscopic Surgeon, Surgery for Obesity, Cali, Colombia
Obes Surg 17:544-6. 2007..Leak or fistula of the gastrojejunostomy is a feared complication of this procedure. A patient who developed a gastrocutaneous fistula and was successfully managed endoscopically is reported...
- Treatment of gastrogastric fistula after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass: surgery combined with gastroscopyWilson Salgado Júnior
Department of Surgery and Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto SP, Brazil
Obes Surg 17:836-8. 2007..At laparotomy, a retrogastric approach plus gastroscopy permitted easy identification and closure of the fistula. The patient is doing well and losing weight after this reoperation...
- Use of a hydrofiber dressing to manage PEG sitesKiyoshi Owada
Department of Internal Medicine and Rehabilitation, Aoyama Hospital, and Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Adv Skin Wound Care 18:183-4, 186, 188-9. 2005
- Surgical management of gastro-gastric fistula after divided laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass for morbid obesityO N Tucker
The Bariatric Institute and Division of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Florida, 2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd, Weston, FL 33331, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1673-9. 2007Gastro-gastric fistula (GGF) formation is uncommon after divided laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGB) for morbid obesity. Optimal surgical management remains controversial.
- Outcomes after laparoscopic surgery in neonates with hypoplastic heart left heart syndromeBethany Slater
Department of Surgery, Division of Pediatric Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford, CA, USA
J Pediatr Surg 42:1118-21. 2007..The purpose of this study is to present the largest reported series of laparoscopic surgery performed in patients with HLHS...
- Ethanol injection for ablation of an intractable digestive tract fistula: report of a caseSatoru Matsuyama
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
Surg Today 36:744-6. 2006..Considering its clinical efficacy, safety, and cost efficiency, we think that ethanol sclerotherapy is a feasible treatment for intractable digestive tract fistula when conservative therapy fails...
- A new technique of postoperative pancreatico gastric enterocutaneous fistula repair using de-tubularised afferent loopS V S Deo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Trop Gastroenterol 25:86-8. 2004..We present a new technique of repair using afferent loop that provided a vascularized bowel segment, which used in an anatomical fashion for closure of fistula...
- [Relapsing gastrocolic fistula--a case review]M Mrazek
Chirurgické oddĕlení Nemocnice Frýdlant
Rozhl Chir 83:225-6. 2004..They point out some problems in its diagnostics and therapy, which may occur in conjuction with this ulcerative disorder complication...
- Evolving strategies for the treatment of aortoenteric fistulasDonald T Baril
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:250-7. 2006..Operative repair of AEF has been historically associated with extremely high morbidity and mortality. We reviewed our experience of open surgical and endovascular treatment of AEF to compare outcomes over a contemporaneous time period...
- Gastroventricular fistula in a patient with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (with video)Jose Vega-Peralta
Department of Medicine, Hennepin County Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:392-3. 2008
- Endoscopic management of gastrocutaneous fistula after bariatric surgery by using a fibrin sealantSpiros T Papavramidis
Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Department of Surgery III, AHEPA Hospital, Thessaloniki, Macedonia, Greece
Gastrointest Endosc 59:296-300. 2004..A fibrin sealant was used to endoscopically manage gastrocutaneous fistulas that developed in 3 morbidly obese patients after bariatric surgery...
- [Postoperative fistulas. How to close them]U Baumgartner
Abt Allgemein und Viszeralchirurgie mit Poliklinik, Chirurgische Universitätsklinik Freiburg
MMW Fortschr Med 144:35-9. 2002..For conservative treatment, however, free intestinal transit distal to the fistula must be ensured. If an enterocutaneous fistula fails to heal within two or three months under conservative treatment, surgical management must be applied...
- Diagnosis and current management of gastrojejunocolic fistulaD P Chung
Department of Surgery, Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital, 11 Chuen On Road, Tai Po, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 7:439-41. 2001..We present two cases of gastrojejunocolic fistula and discuss the modern management of this condition. In both cases, improved nutritional support allowed successful one-stage surgical repair to be performed...
- Acquired gastrointestinal fistulas: classification, etiologies, and imaging evaluationPerry J Pickhardt
Department of Radiology, National Naval Medical Center, 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889 5600, USA
Radiology 224:9-23. 2002..In this review, a classification scheme for gastrointestinal fistulas is provided, major causes are discussed, and individual fistula types are elaborated with an emphasis on contemporary imaging approaches...
- [Gastrocolic fistula - a rare cause of cachexia and polyneuropathy]A Schneider
Abteilung für Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Zentrum fur Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen
Z Gastroenterol 40:521-4. 2002..Gastrocolic fistula is a rare cause of diarrhea and should be considered in clinical practice. Barium enema is superior to endoscopy in detecting gastrocolic fistula...
- Reinforcing gastric staple-lines with bovine pericardial strips may decrease the likelihood of gastric leak after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassScott A Shikora
Department of Surgery and Obesity Consult Center, Centerfor Minimally Invasive Obesity Surgery Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Obes Surg 13:37-44. 2003..Bovine pericardial strips (BPS) have been used to reinforce staple-lines in pulmonary resections and have been shown to decrease air-leaks. This study examined the use of BPS to decrease gastric staple-line leaks...
- Skin only or silo closure in the critically ill patient with an open abdomenL N Tremblay
Department of Surgery, Grady Memorial Hospital and Emory University School of Medicine, 69 Butler St. S.E, Suite 304, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Am J Surg 182:670-5. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The morbidity of the open abdomen varies with the particular indication. Gastrointestinal fistulas are the most common acute complication and an abdominal wall hernia, the most common chronic complication...
- Gastrocolic fistulae as a consequence of benign gastric ulcer diseaseJeff Marschall
Division of General Surgery, Royal University Hospital and St Paul s Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 17:441-3. 2003..Although the management of gastrocolic fistulae has historically been surgical, medical management has recently been recommended as the first line of treatment when an underlying malignancy can be excluded...
- Successful endoscopic closure of a benign gastrocolonic fistula using human fibrin sealant through gastroscopic approach: a case report and review of the literatureWim I Rots
University of Pretoria, Department of Surgery, Kalafong Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 15:1351-6. 2003..Furthermore, in high operative risk patients or those with poor prognosis, this approach might prevent major morbidity, mortality or prolonged hospital stay...
- Transmural migration of gastrostomy tube retention discsAnne Marie Cahill
Department of Radiology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Pediatr Radiol 34:143-7. 2004..However, transmural migration of the retention disc is a known severe delayed complication associated with this tube...
- Gastrocolic fistula as a complication of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomyV Pitsinis
Department of General Surgery, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon Cambs, UK
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:876-8. 2003
- Helicobacter pylori infection delays healing of ischaemia-reperfusion induced gastric ulcerations: new animal model for studying pathogenesis and therapy of H. pylori infectionS J Konturek
Department of Physiology and Pathomorphology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:1299-313. 2000..In this study we developed the new model of gastric Hp infection in rat gastric mucosa, with acute gastric erosions progressing into ulcers in animals subjected initially to ischaemia-reperfusion (I/R)...
- Release of regulatory gut peptides somatostatin, neurotensin and vasoactive intestinal peptide by acid and hyperosmolal solutions in the intestine in conscious ratsT Rudholm
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Regul Pept 152:8-12. 2009..The animals were equipped with a chronic gastric fistula to measure acid secretion and a jejunal Thiry-Vella loop for intestinal challenge with saline, hydrochloric ..
- Leptin inhibits gastric emptying in rats: role of CCK receptors and vagal afferent fibersB Cakir
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Marmara University, 34668 Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Physiol Res 56:315-22. 2007..the rate of gastric emptying of saline (300 mOsm/kg H(2)O) was determined after instillation into the gastric fistula (3 ml, 37 degrees C, containing phenol red, 60 mg/l as a non-absorbable dilution marker)...
- Effects of Aloe preparation on the histamine-induced gastric secretion in ratsW Suvitayavat
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, 447 Sri Ayudhaya Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
J Ethnopharmacol 90:239-47. 2004..containing 80% Aloe gel on the gastric acid, pepsin and mucus secretion were evaluated in histamine-induced gastric fistula model in rats by comparison to the effects of placebo and fresh Aloe gel...
- Utility of divided omentum for preventing complications associated with laparoscopic gastric bypassNobumi Tagaya
Second Department of Surgery, Dokkyo Medical University, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi 321 0293, Japan
Obes Surg 17:1567-70. 2007..Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass has emerged as a standard surgical treatment for morbid obesity. However, prevention of postoperative complications associated with bariatric surgery is an important consideration...
- Central and peripheral effects of prostaglandin E2 and enprostil on gastric acid secretion in the ratD Sautereau
INSERM U239, Faculte X Bichat, Paris, France
Eur J Pharmacol 195:217-24. 1991..We used conscious rats equipped with a chronic gastric fistula and a cannula to allow injection into the third ventricle of the brain...
- Effects of antral vagotomy in dogs on gastrin and gastric secretion with various stimuliB I Hirschowitz
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
Am J Physiol 258:G919-25. 1990..Vagal denervation sensitizes the antrum to cholinergic stimulation...
- Serotonin depletion potentiates gastric secretory and motor responses to vagal but not peripheral gastric stimulantsR L Stephens
Center for Ulcer Research and Education, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Los Angeles, California
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 251:524-30. 1989..hormone analog, RX 77368, in conscious pylorus-ligated rats or urethane-anesthetized rats with an acute gastric fistula. Dose-response studies revealed that the gastric acid secretion induced by submaximal but not high doses of ..
- The effect of etodolac on bile salt and histamine-mediated gastric mucosal injury in the ratO M Abdel Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, PO Box 12311, El Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
J Physiol Paris 95:43-9. 2001..In urethane-anaesthetized acute gastric fistula rats, intragastric etodolac (32 mg/kg) did not modify basal gastric acid secretion...
- Inhibitory effect of somatostatin on gastric acid secretion in ratsH Nishikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 45:263-70. 1987..increases in gastric acid secretion and mucosal blood flow (MBF) were studied in anesthetized rats with a gastric fistula. Intravenous infusion of small doses of somatostatin (0.1-0...
- Effects of KW-5805, a new antiulcer agent, on experimental gastric and duodenal ulcers, gastric mucosal lesions by necrotizing agents and gastric acid secretionN Kosaka
Department of Pharmacology, Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co, Ltd, Shizuoka, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 65:305-12. 1994..In rats with acute gastric fistula, intravenous injection of KW-5805 reduced methacholine-stimulated gastric acid secretion at doses of 10 and ..
- Electroacupuncture improves impaired gastric motility and slow waves induced by rectal distension in dogsJie Chen
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0632, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G614-20. 2008..Eight female hound dogs chronically implanted with gastric serosal electrodes and a gastric fistula were studied in six separate sessions...
- Characterization of in vivo acid secretory responses of rabbit with comparison to dog and ratS J Mulvihill
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143
Dig Dis Sci 34:895-904. 1989..Additionally, the responses of eight conscious rabbits prepared with chronic gastric fistula were compared with similarly prepared conscious dogs (n = 10) and conscious rats (n = 18)...
- Fluoxetine and sertraline stimulate gastric acid secretion via a vagal pathway in anaesthetised ratsOmar M E Abdel Salam
Department of Pharmacology, National Research Centre, Tahrir St, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Pharmacol Res 50:309-16. 2004..and distention-stimulated gastric acid secretion was investigated in the urethane-anaesthetised acute gastric fistula rat. Gastric acid secretion was measured by flushing of the gastric contents with saline every 15 min...
- Effect of peripherally administered ghrelin on gastric emptying and acid secretion in the ratFredrik Levin
Department of Surgery, Karolinska Institutet Danderyd Hospital, SE 182 88 Stockholm, Sweden
Regul Pept 131:59-65. 2005..In addition, gastric contractility was studied in vitro. Rats equipped with a gastric fistula were subjected to an intravenous infusion of ghrelin (10-500 pmol kg(-1) min(-1)) during saline or ..
- Capsaicin-sensitive vagal afferent fibers and stimulation of gastric acid secretion in anesthetized ratsH E Raybould
CURE VA Wadsworth Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073
Eur J Pharmacol 167:237-43. 1989..Gastric acid secretion was measured in acute gastric fistula rats by continuous intragastric perfusion and back titration or by flushing the gastric contents with saline ..
- Diagnosis of gallstone ileus by serial computed tomographyHiroshi Yoshida
First Department of Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:33-5. 2004..A long ileus tube was inserted through the gastric fistula. Two days after admission, gallstone ileus was diagnosed on abdominal computed tomography based on the ..
- Analysis of the anorectic efficacy of HMR1426 in rodents and its effects on gastric emptying in ratsM Bickel
Aventis Pharma Deutschland GmbH, Pharmacology, DI and A Metabolic Diseases, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 28:211-21. 2004..Pharmacodynamics of HMR1426 in rodents...
- Cholinergically stimulated gastric acid secretion is mediated by M(3) and M(5) but not M(1) muscarinic acetylcholine receptors in miceTakeshi Aihara
Dept of Applied Pharmacology, Kyoto Pharmaceutical Univ, Misasagi, Yamashina, Kyoto 607 8414 Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 288:G1199-207. 2005..Gastric acid secretion was measured in both mice subjected to acute gastric fistula production under urethane anesthesia and conscious mice that had previously undergone pylorus ligation...
- Different effect of glucagon on gastric acid secretion in vivo and in vitroG Coruzzi
Institute of Pharmacology University of Parma, Italy
Farmaco Sci 43:293-300. 1988The effect of glucagon on gastric acid secretion was evaluated in conscious cats with gastric fistula and in the isolated gastric fundus from immature rats...
- E3710, a new proton pump inhibitor, with a long-lasting inhibitory effect on gastric acid secretionKotaro Kodama
Tsukuba Research Laboratories, Eisai Co, Ltd, 1 3 Tokodai 5 Choume, Tsukuba shi 300 2635, Ibaraki, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 334:395-401. 2010..28 microM. Administration of E3710 (0.1, 0.2, 0.4, and 0.8 mg/kg; n = 6) intraduodenally in a gastric fistula model in dogs inhibited histamine-stimulated gastric acid secretion at 0 to 2 and 24 to 26 h after ..
- A turnover model of irreversible inhibition of gastric acid secretion by omeprazole in the dogA Abelö
Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics and Bioanalytical Chemistry, AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Molndal, Sweden
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 295:662-9. 2000A turnover model for irreversible inhibition of gastric acid secretion by omeprazole in gastric fistula dogs was developed using data from studies with both short- and long-term measurement periods...
- Animal pharmacology of reversible antagonism of the gastric acid pump, compared to standard antisecretory principlesW Kromer
Department of Pharmacology, Byk Gulden, Constance, Germany
Pharmacology 60:179-87. 2000..The present data show that a single dose of pumaprazole is able to elevate intragastric pH in the dog with gastric fistula under pentagastrin or carbachol stimulation from pH 1 to about pH 7 while still displaying a dose-dependent, ..
- Stimulatory effect of endogenous orexin A on gastric emptying and acid secretion independent of gastrinMarcus Ehrström
Division of Surgery, Danderyd Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Danderyd Hospital, SE 182 88 Stockholm, Sweden
Regul Pept 132:9-16. 2005..Rats equipped with a gastric fistula were subjected to intravenous (IV) infusion of OXA or the selective orexin-1 receptor (OX1R) antagonist SB-..
- Sympathoadrenomedullary system mediation of the prostaglandin E2-induced central inhibition of gastric acid output in ratsK Yokotani
Department of Pharmacology, Kochi Medical School, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 244:335-40. 1988..c.v.-administered prostaglandins (PGs) were investigated in urethane-anesthetized rats with gastric fistula. The gastric acid output was enhanced by electrical stimulation of the left cervical vagus nerve after ..
- Relevance of animal models to human eating disorders and obesityRegina C Casper
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5723, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 199:313-29. 2008..This review addresses the role animal models play in contributing to our knowledge about the eating disorders anorexia nervosa (AN) and bulimia nervosa (BN) and obesity...
- Inhibitory effect of sorbin on pepsin secretion in conscious cats and rabbitsG Charpin Elhamri
IUT A, Laboratoire de Nutrition, , 43 Boulevard du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622, Villeurbanne, France
Peptides 21:65-72. 2000..The animals were equipped with a gastric fistula, fully innervated, and a Heidenhain pouch, vagally denervated, during a continuous perfusion of pentagastrin (..
- Insulin-like growth factor I accelerates gastric ulcer healing by stimulating cell proliferation and by inhibiting gastric acid secretionS Coerper
Dept of General Surgery, University of Tubingen, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:921-7. 2001..The aim of the study was to determine: 1) whether IGF-I applied locally would support gastric ulcer healing by increasing cell proliferation and 2) the effect of IGF-I on gastric acid secretion...
- Effects of TU-199, a novel H+, K(+)-ATPase inhibitor, on gastric acid secretion and gastroduodenal ulcers in ratsK Uchiyama
Medicinal Research Group II, Kazusa Research Laboratories, Tokyo Tanabe Co Ltd, Chiba, Japan
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 21:115-22. 1999..2 mg/kg p.o.). In gastric fistula rats. TU-199 (2.5 and 5 mg/kg i.d...
- Technical modification of laparoscopic vertical banded gastroplastyJohn Melissas
Bariatric Unit, Department of Surgical Oncology, Medical School, University of Crete, Greece
Obes Surg 13:132-5. 2003..Technical improvements of laparoscopic bariatric procedures are important to minimize operative time and increase safety and simplicity...
- Exogenous melatonin delays gastric emptying rate in rats: role of CCK2 and 5-HT3 receptorsO Kasimay
Marmara University School of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Istanbul, Turkey
J Physiol Pharmacol 56:543-53. 2005..The rate of gastric emptying of saline was determined after instillation into the gastric fistula, from the volume and phenol red concentrations recovered after 5 min...
- Gastric acid and pepsin hypersecretion in conscious rabbitsJ S Redfern
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
Am J Physiol 261:G295-304. 1991In conscious, gastric fistula rabbits, gastric acid and pepsin secretion averaged 4.5 +/- 0.1 mmol/h (1.3 mmol.kg-1.h-1) and 4.9 +/- 0.3 IU/h (1.6 IU.kg-1.h-1), respectively; these values represent approximately 40-50% of maximal output...
- A novel method to assess gastric accommodation and peristaltic motility in conscious ratsPieter Janssen
AstraZeneca R and D Molndal, Department of Integrative Pharmacology, Gastrointestinal Biology, Molndal, Sweden
Scand J Gastroenterol 43:34-43. 2008..To simultaneously study gastric accommodation and peristaltic motility in the whole stomach of conscious rats by measuring intragastric pressure (IGP) during test-meal infusion...
- Neural aspects of ghrelin-induced gastroprotection against mucosal injury induced by noxious agentsT Brzozowski
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:63-76. 2006..p.) and intracerebroventricular (i.c.v.) administration of ghrelin on gastric secretion in rats equipped with gastric fistula (GF) and gastric lesions induced in rats by 75% ethanol and ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) with or without ..
- Differential effects of intraventricular injections of tachykinin NK1 and NK3 receptor agonists on normal and sham drinking of NaCl by sodium-deficient ratsF W Flynn
Department of Psychology, Graduate Neuroscience Program, University of Wyoming, Laramie 82071, USA
Behav Neurosci 113:776-86. 1999..agonist, and [Sar9, Met(O2)11]-substance P (Sar Met; 100, 200 ng), an NK1 receptor agonist, on normal (gastric fistula closed) and sham drinking (gastric fistula open) of hypertonic NaCl by sodium-deficient rats were compared...
- CONTROL OF GASTRIC SECRETIONBASIL HIRSCHOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 1980..Gastric secretion of H plus, Cl minus and pepsin and gastrin release are being studied in conscious gastric fistula dogs with intact vagi, with fundic vagotomy and with truncal vagotomy...
- PRIOR HISTORY AND SALT INTAKE RATSMary Florentine; Fiscal Year: 1993..analysis of computer-collected, lickometer data (to study the pattern of licking), the sham-drinking gastric fistula rat and duodenal, hepatic-portal and systemic infusions of saline...
- Surgical Care and Outcomes Assessment Program Comparative Effectiveness ResearchDavid R Flum; Fiscal Year: 2010..Surgical and interventional services span the continuum of healthcare conditions and SCOAP CERTN will have immediate capacity for investigators interested in almost any of AHRQ's priority conditions. ..
- CONTROL OF SODIUM INTAKE IN THE HINDLIMB UNWEIGHTED RATJ Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, these data may contribute to understanding of health problems associated with an aging population and with cardiovascular disease such as congestive heart failure. ..
- Bariatric Surgery Outcome/Cost in Medicare BeneficiariesDavid Flum; Fiscal Year: 2006..3. Perform a modeled cost effectiveness analysis of bariatric procedures compared to non-surgical approaches. ..
- ENTERIC PHYSIOLOGY OF THE TRANSPLANTED GUTMichael Sarr; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will define important, novel neural mechanisms regulating motor and absorptive function in the denervated gut. Selected aspects have translational value to clinical gut transplantation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND SALT APPETITEFRANCIS FLYNN; Fiscal Year: 2007..Successful completion of the proposed work will expand the knowledge base on brain mechanisms controlling bodily fluid homeostasis. ..
- Neuroscience Center for Biomedical Research ExcellenceFrancis W Flynn; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- NEURAL REGULATION OF VASOPRESSIN RELEASEJ Thomas Cunningham; Fiscal Year: 2010..Benefits: The results will provide new information regarding the control of vasopressin secretion and how these systems contribute to pathophysiology. ..