digestive system fistula
Summary: An abnormal passage communicating between any components of the digestive system, or between any part of the digestive system and surrounding organ(s).
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Bouveret's syndrome as a rare complication of cholecystolithiasis: report of a caseNissim Geron
Department of Surgery B, Carmel Medical Center, 7 Michal Street, Haifa 34362, Israel
Surg Today 33:66-8. 2003..The mortality rate has improved to 12% in recent years. Herein we report the case of a 76-year-old woman with Bouveret's syndrome, and review the literature on this unusual entity...
- Endoscopic treatment of postoperative fistulas resistant to conservative management using biological fibrin glueL R Rabago
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Severo Ochoa Leganes, Madrid, Spain
Endoscopy 34:632-8. 2002..Postoperative fistulae occur frequently in standard surgical practice, but there is no general agreement on how to treat them. We summarize here our experience with endoscopic treatment...
- Pancreas retransplantation in patient with previous simultaneous pancreas kidney transplantation (SKP)--first case in PolandMarek Durlik
Department of Gastroenterological and Transplantation Surgery, Central Clinical Hospital of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Transplant 11:12-4. 2006..Enteroplasty was performed. Three months after surgery the patient remains normoglycemic, insulin-independent with good kidney function...
- Intestinal perforation in Crohn's disease. Factors predictive of surgical resectionHélène Brihier
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition et Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1105-11. 2005..New medical therapeutic options challenge the usual surgical management of Crohn's disease patients with intestinal perforation...
- Cystoscopic removal of a large-caliber bullet from the left ureter: a case report of missile migration after a gunshot woundJonathan T Miller
Department of Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma 56:1141-3. 2004
- Treatment of early duodenal fistula after orthotopic liver transplantation: a case reportYun Lu
Department of Hepatobiliary Vascular Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qingdao University, Qingdao 266003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:155-7. 2003..On April 28, 200, we performed orthotopic liver transplantation for a patient at our hospital. Eight days after operation duodenal fistula developed, but cured after 13-day treatment...
- Long-term oral tacrolimus therapy in refractory to infliximab fistulizing Crohn's disease: a pilot studyYago Gonzalez-Lama
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, Puerta de Hierro Clinic, Madrid, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:8-15. 2005..To evaluate efficacy and safety of oral tacrolimus in cases of fistulizing Crohn's disease (FCD), which is refractory to conventional therapy including infliximab...
- The endovascular management of open aortic surgery complications with emergency stent-graft repair in high-risk patientsA Ascoli Marchetti
Department of Vascular Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:315-21. 2007..Further evaluation of this technique and longer follow-up will determine its exact role in the management of these life-threatening complications...
- Sequential changes of body composition in patients with enterocutaneous fistula during the 10 days after admissionXin Bo Wang
Nanjing University, Research Institute of General Surgery, Naning General Hospital, People s Liberation Army, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:1149-52. 2002..To investigate the sequential changes of body composition in the metabolic response that occurred in a group of patients with enterocutaneous fistula after admission to the hospital...
- Responding to 4 gastrointestinal complications in cancer patientsJeanne Held-Warmkessel
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nursing 38:32-8; quiz 39. 2008..If your patient has cancer, be prepared to help her manage such serious GI complications as bowel obstruction, peritonitis, fistula formation, and intestinal perforation...
- [Postoperative entero-cutaneous fistula]José Luis Martínez-Ordaz
Servicio de Gastrocirugía, Hospital de Especialidades Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Naucalpan de Juárez, Estado de Mexico
Gac Med Mex 139:144-51. 2003..Uncontrolled sepsis should be attacked as early as possible. Although spontaneous closure has increased in most series, it is likely that the majority of patients will require an operation and this should be performed at the proper time...
- Duodeno-pleural fistula: a rare complication of peptic ulcer perforationP E Nwose
Department of Surgery, Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
Niger J Clin Pract 9:84-6. 2006..We present a rare case of duodenopleural fistula following subdiaphragmatic abscess, which resulted in thoracic empyema after gastric perforation...
- Repeat sleeve gastrectomy compared with primary sleeve gastrectomy: a single-center, matched case studyLionel Rebibo
Department of Digestive Surgery, Amiens University Hospital and Jules Verne University of Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054, Amiens Cedex 01, France
Obes Surg 22:1909-15. 2012..05). Re-SG is feasible but appears to be associated with a greater risk of complications. Nevertheless, re-SG can produce results (in terms of weight loss), equivalent to those obtained after first-line SG...
- The use of gastrostomy procedures in HNC patientsA G Anghel
E N T Department, Coltea Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 108:341-5. 2013..To analyse the gastrostomy procedures performed in HNC patients admitted to Coltea Clinical Hospital in order to underline the similarities and differences to the data published worldwide...
- Endoscopic management of hepatic hydatid cyst with biliary communicationBarjesh C Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India
Dig Endosc 24:267-70. 2012..Surgical management of biliary fistulas is associated with high morbidity and mortality. We carried out a prospective study of endoscopic management of hydatid cysts communicating with bile ducts in 28 patients...
- Efficacy and safety of over-the-scope clip: including complications after endoscopic submucosal dissectionNoriko Nishiyama
Department of Gastroenterology and Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa 761 0796, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 19:2752-60. 2013..To retrospectively review the results of over-the-scope clip (OTSC) use in our hospital and to examine the feasibility of using the OTSC to treat perforations after endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- [Clinical characteristics, diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract leakage after orthotopic liver transplantation]Jian Zhou
Organ Transplantation Center, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 50:222-5. 2012..To investigate the clinical characteristics, diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract leakage after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Perianal Crohn's disease findings other than fistulas in a population-based cohortLaurent Peyrin-Biroulet
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:43-8. 2012..The cumulative incidence of and risk factors for perianal Crohn's disease (CD) for findings other than fistulas are unknown...
- Abdominothoracic fistulas due to complicated echinococcosisY A Karamustafaoglu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Trakya University Faculty of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:131-4. 2012..Abdominothoracic fistulas are severe complications of hydatid disease. We report here on the results of surgical treatment of hydatid abdominopleural fistulas in 6 patients...
- Common bile duct stones: an unusual case of diarrhoea through a mucous fistulaP T Davey
Southern Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e221-2. 2012..The patient was treated successfully by endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and stone extraction. This case demonstrated the role that contrast enema may still play in unusual cases of diarrhoea...
- Biochemical analysis of cystic fluid in the diagnosis of fetal intra-abdominal massesEdouard Lecarpentier
Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Robert Debre, AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Prenat Diagn 32:627-31. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate a biochemical analysis of fluid sampled in utero from fetal abdominal cystic masses...
- Simultaneous gastric band removal and sleeve gastrectomy: a comparison with front-line sleeve gastrectomyLionel Rebibo
Department of Digestive Surgery, Amiens University Hospital Jules Verne University of Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054, Amiens Cedex 01, France
Obes Surg 22:1420-6. 2012..Weight loss after RGB + LSG validates the concept of "restrictive surgery after restrictive surgery". We did not find any independent risk factors that would have justified the avoidance of RGB + SG...
- [Nutritional therapy and digestive tract fistulas]Antonio Carlos L Campos
Departamento de Cirurgia da Universidade Federal do Parand, Curitiba, Brasil
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 37:118-25. 2007
- Pyeloduodenal fistula due to advanced upper tract malignancyDavid J Hernandez
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Urology 69:1206-7. 2007
- Acute suppurative thyroiditis in children secondary to pyriform sinus fistulaT R Sai Prasad
Department of Paediatric Surgery, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100, Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899, Singapore
Pediatr Surg Int 23:779-83. 2007..High index of suspicion and radiological investigations such as barium studies and computed tomography scan aid in the delineation and excision of the fistulous tract...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma with atypical manifestations: report of two casesSeung Eun Lee
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 13:1622-5. 2007..These two cases suggest that IPMN can either spontaneously rupture causing mucinous materials to spill into the free abdominal cavity or directly invade adjacent organs resulting in fistula development...
- [Endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal fistulas with biological fibrin glue]Luis Ramón Rábago
Sección de Digestivo Hospital Severo Ochoa Leganés Madrid España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 29:390-6. 2006..We summarize our experience of endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal fistulas with fibrin glue...
- Diagnosis of aortoenteric fistulas with CT angiographyKlaus D Hagspiel
Department of Radiology, Division of Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging, University of Virginia Health System, Box 800170, Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:497-504. 2007....
- Placement of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy feeding tube via a cervical pharyngocutaneous fistulaL Lujber
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Pecs University Medical School, Pecs, Hungary
Endoscopy 38:E57. 2006
- [Association between vascular endothelial growth factor gene 936 T/C polymorphism and colorectal cancer together with anastomotic leakage]Guo yang Wu
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, Amoy, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:1505-7. 2006..To investigate the association between VEGF gene 936 T/C polymorphism and colorectal cancer together with anastomotic leakage...
- Nicorandil-induced peristomal ulcers: is nicorandil also associated with gastrointestinal fistula formation?S Ogden
Br J Dermatol 156:608-9. 2007
- Adalimumab for maintenance of clinical response and remission in patients with Crohn's disease: the CHARM trialJean Frederic Colombel
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
Gastroenterology 132:52-65. 2007....
- Pulse granulomas detected in gallbladder, fallopian tube, and skinDennis D Rhee
University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Irvine, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1839-42. 2006..Pulse granulomas are rare and have occupied only the lungs, in association with aspiration, and the alimentary canal, in association with oral pathology, colonic diverticula, and a rectal mass...
- Factors associated with failure in managing pelvic sepsis after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA)--a multivariate analysisIsmail Sagap
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Surgery 140:691-703; discussion 703-4. 2006..Pelvic sepsis is known to cause a detrimental outcome after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA). The aim of this study was to examine potential factors associated with failure in managing pelvic sepsis after IPAA...
- Hepatopulmonary fistula caused by alveolar echinococcosis: report of a caseTatsuhiko Kakisaka
Department of General Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Surg Today 36:937-40. 2006..We report this case to emphasize that the first-line treatment for a hepatopulmonary fistula caused by HAE should be radical surgery, which results in relief of symptoms and a good outcome...
- Two cases of refractory post-bulbar duodenal ulcerTateki Yamane
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University Kashiwa Hospital, Kashiwa
Intern Med 46:1413-7. 2007....
- Large gastrosplenic fistula after effective treatment of abdominal diffuse large-B-cell lymphomaMoritz Palmowski
Ann Hematol 87:337-8. 2008
- Update on open abdomen management: achievements and challengesRao R Ivatury
Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1200 East Broad Street, W15E, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
World J Surg 33:1150-3. 2009..Recent advances in the management of the open abdomen have provided the means to overcome the challenges and reap the benefits...
- Randomised clinical trial: certolizumab pegol for fistulas in Crohn's disease - subgroup results from a placebo-controlled studyS Schreiber
Department of Medicine I, Christian Albrechts University, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:185-93. 2011..Treatment options for fistulizing Crohn's disease (CD) are limited...
- Intestinopericardial fistula presenting as cardiac tamponadeDavid Singh
Division of Cardiology, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1178-9. 2009..Early identification of the disease coupled with prompt surgical intervention maximizes a patient's chance of survival and reduced morbidity...
- No 'bypass' in adult ruminants: passage of fluid ingested vs. fluid inserted into the rumen in fistulated muskoxen (Ovibos moschatus), reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) and moose (Alces alces)Isabel Lechner
Clinic for Zoo Animals, Exotic Pets and Wildlife, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 154:151-6. 2009..We suggest that effects previously ascribed to a "rumen bypass" in wild ruminants most likely reflect differences in the passage from the rumen...
- Rectourethral fistula stenting: a technique for better fistula visualization and efficient repairAyman Mahdy
Department of Urology, Section Female Urology and Voiding Dysfunction, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Surg Innov 16:289-92. 2009..All cases had either brachytherapy as a monotherapy or combined brachytherapy and external beam radiotherapy. All cases had the fistula completely healed except for one failed case that had a 2-cm fistula...
- Epidemiology and diagnosis of endograft infectionS D Hobbs
Regional Vascular Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 51:5-14. 2010..This paper presents a detailed analysis of the features of all cases reported to date and examines the aetiology, pathogenesis and imaging of endograft infection and aorto-enteric fistula...
- Surgical procedures and morbidities of diaphragmatic surgery in patients undergoing initial or interval debulking surgery for advanced-stage ovarian cancerSebastien Gouy
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Am Coll Surg 210:509-14. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate modalities and morbidities of DS at the time of initial surgery (INS) and interval debulking surgery (IDS; performed after neoadjuvant chemotherapy)...
- Treatment algorithm for postoperative upper gastrointestinal fistulas and leaks using combined vicryl plug and fibrin glueG Bohm
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Endoscopy 42:599-602. 2010....
- Roux-en-Y reconstruction using staplers during pancreaticoduodenectomy: results of a prospective preliminary studyYoshihiro Sakamoto
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, 104 0045, Japan
Surg Today 39:32-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to reveal the utility of alimentary reconstruction using staplers during pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD), focusing on the occurrence of delayed gastric emptying...
- Extracorporeal photopheresis for the treatment of refractory Crohn's disease: results of an open-label pilot studyMaria T Abreu
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101 6960, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:829-36. 2009..A prospective, uncontrolled pilot study was conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ECP in patients with active Crohn's disease (CD) who were refractory to or intolerant of immunosuppressants and/or anti-TNF therapies...
- [Complications of pulmonary resection]C Jayle
Unité de chirurgie thoracique et cardiaque, Pôle Coeur Poumon, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Poitiers, Universite de Poitiers, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:967-82. 2007..Surgical pulmonary resection remains the most effective treatment of non-small cell lung cancer which is its principal indication. Peri-operative mortality remains fairly high and is associated with post operative complications...
- Diagnosis and management of primary aortoenteric fistulas--experience learned from eighteen patientsYang Song
Emergency Department, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Surgery 143:43-50. 2008..Misdiagnosis of primary aortoenteric fistula (PAEF) frequently occurs in clinical practice owing to the rarity of this condition. Herein we present the experience of diagnosis and management for PAEF...
- Serum albumin level in the management of postoperative enteric fistula for gastrointestinal cancer patientsChien Yu Lu
Nutrition Support Team and Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100 Tzyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Invest Surg 21:25-32. 2008....
- Context for WOC practice: larval debridement therapy, abdominal fistula pouch, hyperglycemia, and wound infectionsMikel Gray
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 35:370-2. 2008
- Successful bridging treatment and healing of enteric fistulae by vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy and targeted drainage in patients with open abdomenStefan Stremitzer
Department of General Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:661-6. 2011..The object of this study was to investigate the bridging treatment of enteric fistulae by vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy in patients with open abdomen...
- Efficacy and tolerability of immunoregulators and antibiotics in fistulizing Crohn's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of placebo-controlled trialsShekoufeh Nikfar
Faculty of Pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Tehran University of Medical, Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Curr Pharm Des 16:3684-98. 2010..This meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of two drug groups (immunoregulators and antibiotics) in the treatment of fistula in Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Outcome after endovascular stent graft repair of aortoenteric fistula: A systematic reviewGeorge A Antoniou
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Larissa, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
J Vasc Surg 49:782-9. 2009..Endovascular stent graft repair has been attempted, but recurrent infection remains of major concern. We conducted a systematic review to assess potential factors associated with poor outcome after endovascular treatment...
- Gallstone ileus--an atypical presentation and unusual locationShamita Chatterjee
Department of General Surgery, R G Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Int J Surg 6:e55-6. 2008..Intraoperatively the gallstone was found impacted at the duodeno-jejunal flexure. Impaction of gallstone at the duodeno-jejunal flexure is yet to be reported in literature...
- Intra-abdominal fistulas in surgically treated Crohn's disease patientsYong Sik Yoon
Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
World J Surg 34:1924-9. 2010..We assessed the clinical presentation of intra-abdominal fistulas in patients with CD and compared the clinicopathologic characteristics of CD with and without fistulas...
- [Clinical experience with silicon pharyngeal tube for pharyngocutaneous fistula and cervical esophagus stenosis]Masayuki Tomifuji
Department of Otolaryngology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 109:530-4. 2006..Silicon pharyngeal tubes are useful for the treatment of pharyngocutaneous fistula and cervical esophageal stenosis...
- [Conservative treatment of the digestive fistulas: personal experience]Maurizio Castriconi
AORN A Cardarelli, Napoli UOC Chirurgia d Urgenza
Ann Ital Chir 76:523-7. 2005..The authors, thanks to experience obtained in an Unit for the treatment of digestive fistulas, discuss the possibility of a conservative treatment for the anastomotic fistulas...
- [Management of enteric fistula]Jieshou Li
Research Institute of General Surgery, General Hospital of Nanjing Command, People s Liberation Army, Nanjing 210002, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 40:100-3. 2002..To evaluate the essentials for successful management of entero-cutaneous fistulas and their...
- Amebic liver abscess with a hepatogastric fistulaYu Ting Chang
National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastrointest Endosc 56:906. 2002
- Endoclips for GI endoscopyGottumukkala S Raju
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0764, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:267-79. 2004
- Complications of stent placement for benign stricture of gastrointestinal tractYing Sheng Cheng
Department of Radiology, Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:284-6. 2004..To observe the frequent complications of stent placement for stricture of the gastrointestinal tract and to find proper treatment...
- [Somatostatin in the treatment of pancreatic diseases]Anna Mária Németh
Orv Hetil 143:1099-108. 2002..In experimental and acute pancreatitis somatostatin and octreotide were less effective than expected, however, they proved to be helpful in preventing complications of pancreatic operations and in the therapy of fistulas and pseudocysts...
- Diaphragmatic defect with peritoneopericardial communicationAndrew S Olearchyk
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, Camden, New Jersey 08103, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 30:328-31. 2003..Three years later, the patient was doing well, with a normally functioning pericardial valve in the aortic position and no sign of omentum around the heart...
- [Aorto-intestinal anastomosis as a complication of abdominal aortic aneurysm]A A Babkov
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 161:97-8. 2002
- Association of peripapillary fistula with common bile duct stones and cholangitisMelih Karincaoglu
Department of Internal Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
ANZ J Surg 73:884-6. 2003..Peripapillary choledochoduodenal fistula (PCDF) is occasionally detected during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Cholelithiasis and biliary bougienage are two suspected causes of PCDF...
- Early oral feeding following total laryngectomyLevent Saydam
Department of Otolaryngology, Bayindir Medical Center, Ankara and the Department of Otolaryngology, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Am J Otolaryngol 23:277-81. 2002..In this article we analyze our experience with special emphasis given to the early start of postoperative feeding...
- Acute cholecystitisAdrian A Indar
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH
BMJ 325:639-43. 2002
- Critical oropharyngocutaneous fistulas after microsurgical head and neck reconstruction: indications for management using the "tissue-plug" techniqueChristopher J Salgado
Department of Plastic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Plast Reconstr Surg 112:957-63. 2003....
- Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage for closure of calculous gallbladder perforation and cholecystoduodenal fistulaTodd H Baron
Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:753-5. 2002
- Superior mesenteric artery-duodenal fistula presenting as a late complication of an abdominal gunshot woundMaurizio A Miglietta
Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
J Trauma 52:554-5. 2002
- Images in clinical medicine. Actinomyces hepatic abscess with cutaneous fistulaMustafa Saad
James H Quillen Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
N Engl J Med 353:e16. 2005
- High-flow arterioportal fistula: treatment with detachable balloon occlusionS Akpek
Department of Radiology, Gazi University, School of Medicine, Besevler, 06510 Ankara, Turkey
Abdom Imaging 26:277-80. 2001..Proper selection of the technique and embolic material is very important for the success of the procedure. We present a case with high-flow arterioportal fistula treated with transarterial embolization using detachable balloons...
- Metallic cough and pyogenic liver abscessA Ala
Department of Gastroenterology, North Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:967-9. 2001..After repeated attempts at drainage and antimicrobial therapy the abscess cavity, including the hepatobronchial fistula, resolved...
- Cholecystoduodenoplasty for high-output duodenal fistulaO S Rohondia
Department of Gastroenterology Surgical Services, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Indian J Gastroenterol 20:107-8. 2001..We have treated six patients by this technique. In five patients the leak was satisfactorily sealed. Three patients died - one due to persistent leak and two due to jejunostomy leak...
- Closure of gastrointestinal fistulas using fibrin sealant under fistulographyXinbo Wang
Research Institute of General Surgery, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, China
Int Surg 90:223-6. 2005..6 months). It is concluded that selective occlusion under fistulography is highly effective for gastrointestinal fistulas...
- The natural history of diverticulitis: fact and theoryMartin H Floch
Digestive Disease Section, Yale University School of Medicine Norwalk Hospital, 30 Stevens Street, Suite E, Norwalk, CT 08650, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:S2-7. 2004..In conclusion, fiber deficiency results in diverticular formation and a chronic inflammation that may progress to acute or chronic diverticulitis that can be treated medically but may require surgical intervention...
- [Anastomotic fistula. Complication caused by surgery]J Maroske
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Universität Würzburg, BRD
Rozhl Chir 84:511-6; discussion 516. 2005..In most cases the treatment of anastomotic fistula require an individual patient-fair therapy; exceptions are the pancreatic fistula...
- Fistula in ano surgery has no impact on pudendal nerve terminal motor latencyFady Daniel
Service de Proctologie Médico Interventionnelle, Groupe Hospitalier Diaconesses Croix Saint Simon, 18, rue du Sergent Bauchat, 75012, Paris, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:444-7. 2006..The objective of our study was to evaluate the influence of anal surgery on the anal terminal motor latency of the pudendal nerve (PNTML)...
- Making a virtue of necessity: managing the open abdomenAlan de Costa
Department of Surgery, Cairns Base Hospital, Cairns Private Hospital, Mount Druitt Hospital Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 76:356-63. 2006..The open abdomen, or laparostomy, is becoming increasingly used in the management of critically ill surgical patients...
- [Intraductal papillary mucinous tumor of the pancreas degenerated and fistulisated in the stomach, the duodenum and colon]F S Ftériche
AHU, Service de Chirurgie A, Hopital La Rabta, 1004 Jabbari, Tunis, Tunisie
Ann Chir 131:118-20. 2006..Of the 3 fistulizations tracts, both gastric and duodenal ones were malignant. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of IPMT with colonic fistulization. Twelve months later, the patient is alive without signs of recurrence...
- Double common bile duct with ectopic drainage into the stomach. Case report and review of the literatureP Bernard
Department of Surgery, , 44093 Nantes, France
Surg Radiol Anat 23:269-72. 2001..Only 23 cases of abnormal biliary drainage into the stomach have been reported in the literature. Embryogenesis and potential risks, such as lithiasis in the ectopic duct and the development of gastric carcinoma, are discussed...
- Enteral or parenteral nutrition for the treatment of postoperatory gastrointestinal fistulae: a decision-making processMario Eugenio Ferreyra
Nutrition 18:196-8. 2002
- Fibrin glue injection method with diluted thrombin for refractory postoperative digestive fistulaMasahiro Murakami
Department of Surgery, NTT, West Osaka Hospital, Osaka, Japan
Am J Surg 198:715-9. 2009..We report the results of fibrin glue injection with diluted thrombin solution...
- Endovascular management of mycotic aortic aneurysms and associated aortoaerodigestive fistulasWesley K Lew
Department of Surgery, at the University of Southern California Cardiovascular Thoracic Institute, Los Angeles, CA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:81-9. 2009..As a definitive treatment, EVAR remains suspect and therefore should be considered a bridge to open surgical repair...
- Perforations and fistulae in gastrointestinal tuberculosisB Nagi
Department of Gastroenterology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Acta Radiol 43:501-6. 2002..There has been no report on radiological series regarding the incidence of perforation and fistulae, detected by barium contrast studies...
- [Pleuro-pulmonary manifestations disclosing hepatic amoebiasis]A Bonnichon
Service dePneumologie, hôpital d instruction des armées Percy, 101, avenue Henri Barbusse, BP 406, 92141, Clamart Cedex, France
Rev Pneumol Clin 65:300-5. 2009..Although known for a long time in developing countries, amoebiasis in the military or in tourists should be systematically considered...
- Differential passage of fluids and different-sized particles in fistulated oxen (Bos primigenius f. taurus), muskoxen (Ovibos moschatus), reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) and moose (Alces alces): rumen particle size discrimination is independent from contentsIsabel Lechner
Clinic of Zoo Animals, Exotic Pets and Wildlife, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr, 260, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 155:211-22. 2010..The function of fluid flow in the ruminant forestomach should be further investigated...
- Intrapelvic complications after total hip arthroplasty failureChristian Michael Bach
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Anichstrasse 35, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Surg 183:75-9. 2002..Severe total hip arthroplasty failure with central migration of prosthetic components is uncommon. If perforation of the medial acetabular wall occurs, injuries of intrapelvic structures may result...
- Therapeutic fistuloscopy: an alternative approach in the management of postoperative fistulasEfthimios Eleftheriadis
Department of Surgery, University of Thessaloniki Medical School, Greece
Dig Surg 19:230-5; discussion 236. 2002..Since the treatment of postoperative fistulas remains a difficult problem, we applied endoscopic treatment in such 14 persistent fistulas...
- Eight-year experience with cryopreserved arterial homografts for the in situ reconstruction of abdominal aortic infectionsTheodosios Bisdas
Department of Cardiac, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Vasc Surg 52:323-30. 2010....
- Gallstone expectoration following laparoscopic cholecystectomyRohtas K Yadav
Department of Radiodiagnosis, Pt B D Sharma PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Indian J Chest Dis Allied Sci 44:133-5. 2002..Such stones may precipitate various infective intra-abdominal complications. An unusual case of spilled gallstones eroding the diaphragm and eventually being expectorated out 12 months after laparoscopic cholecystectomy is reported...
- Images in cardiothoracic surgery. Pleuroperitoneal fistulaAnthony P C Yim
Department of Surgery, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1327. 2002
- The natural history of fistulizing Crohn's disease in Olmsted County, MinnesotaDavid A Schwartz
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 122:875-80. 2002..Little is known about the cumulative incidence and natural history of fistulas in Crohn's disease in the community...
- Placement of a covered metal stent via gastrostomy for management of malignant duodenocolic fistula with duodenal obstructionVirender K Sharma
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and Central Arkansas Veterans Health Care System, Little Rock, Arkansas 85259, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 55:937-40. 2002
- Pancreaticopleural fistula presenting as right-sided hemothoraxArman Kilic
Heart, Lung, and Esophageal Surgery Institute, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15232, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 87:1262-4. 2009..The patient was successfully treated with open surgical drainage and decortication, followed by octreotide, total parenteral nutrition, and stent placement in the pancreatic duct...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of chronic anastomotic fistulas]M Sailer
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Universität Würzburg
Chirurg 75:484-91. 2004..The following article discusses general and site-specific considerations in the diagnosis and treatment of anastomotic fistulas...
- Streptococcus milleri group infection associated with digestive fistula in patients with vascular graft: report of seven cases and reviewE P Bonnet
Infectious Diseases Unit, Hopital Purpan, Place Baylac, Toulouse 31059, France
Infection 35:182-5. 2007....
- Case 2: An under-recognized cause of cyanosis in young childrenMing Horng Tsai
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr 96:927-9. 2007
- Abdominal wall sinus: an unusual presentation of spilled gallstonePradeep K Chowbey
Department of Minimal Access Surgery, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:613-5. 2006..Gallbladder perforation and spillage of bile is common during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. We report a case of an abdominal wall sinus due to a spilled gallstone presenting 10 years after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Evolution of surgical treatment for pharyngeal pouchA Aly
University of Adelaide Department of Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
Br J Surg 91:657-64. 2004..The development of endoscopic techniques, particularly endoscopic stapling, has led to a re-evaluation of the treatment of pharyngeal pouch. The pathophysiology and treatment of the condition is reviewed...
- Toll-Like Receptor-Complex in Intestinal Epith. CellsMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of our studies have important implications for understanding host-microbial interactions and the inter-relationship between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the gut. ..
- Role of TLR4 in colitis-associated neoplasiaMARIA TERESA ABREU; Fiscal Year: 2010..With the support of this grant we can examine how TLR4 contributes to the development of colon cancer and try to prevent colon cancer by blocking TLR4. ..
- Toll-Like Receptor-Complex in Intestinal Epith. CellsMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies have important implications for understanding host-microbial interactions and the inter-relationship between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the gut. ..
- Toll-Like Receptor-Complex in Intestinal Epith. CellsMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of our studies have important implications for understanding host-microbial interactions and the inter-relationship between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the gut. ..
- Role of TLR4 in colitis-associated neoplasiaMARIA TERESA ABREU; Fiscal Year: 2011..With the support of this grant we can examine how TLR4 contributes to the development of colon cancer and try to prevent colon cancer by blocking TLR4. ..