digestive system fistula
Summary: An abnormal passage communicating between any components of the digestive system, or between any part of the digestive system and surrounding organ(s).
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Bouveret's syndrome as a rare complication of cholecystolithiasis: report of a caseNissim Geron
Department of Surgery B, Carmel Medical Center, 7 Michal Street, Haifa 34362, Israel
Surg Today 33:66-8. 2003..The mortality rate has improved to 12% in recent years. Herein we report the case of a 76-year-old woman with Bouveret's syndrome, and review the literature on this unusual entity...
- Pancreas retransplantation in patient with previous simultaneous pancreas kidney transplantation (SKP)--first case in PolandMarek Durlik
Department of Gastroenterological and Transplantation Surgery, Central Clinical Hospital of Ministry of Internal Affairs and Administration, Warsaw, Poland
Ann Transplant 11:12-4. 2006..Enteroplasty was performed. Three months after surgery the patient remains normoglycemic, insulin-independent with good kidney function...
- Long-term oral tacrolimus therapy in refractory to infliximab fistulizing Crohn's disease: a pilot studyYago Gonzalez-Lama
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, Puerta de Hierro Clinic, Madrid, Spain
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:8-15. 2005..To evaluate efficacy and safety of oral tacrolimus in cases of fistulizing Crohn's disease (FCD), which is refractory to conventional therapy including infliximab...
- [Postoperative entero-cutaneous fistula]José Luis Martínez-Ordaz
Servicio de Gastrocirugía, Hospital de Especialidades Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Naucalpan de Juárez, Estado de Mexico
Gac Med Mex 139:144-51. 2003..Uncontrolled sepsis should be attacked as early as possible. Although spontaneous closure has increased in most series, it is likely that the majority of patients will require an operation and this should be performed at the proper time...
- Duodeno-pleural fistula: a rare complication of peptic ulcer perforationP E Nwose
Department of Surgery, Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital, Nnewi
Niger J Clin Pract 9:84-6. 2006..We present a rare case of duodenopleural fistula following subdiaphragmatic abscess, which resulted in thoracic empyema after gastric perforation...
- Management of digestive tract fistulas. A reviewM Falconi
Servizio di Endocrinochirurgia, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Italia
Digestion 60:51-8. 1999..The amount of octreotide administered ranges from 300 to 600 micrograms/day in 3 or 4 daily doses...
- Intestinal perforation in Crohn's disease. Factors predictive of surgical resectionHélène Brihier
Service de Gastroentérologie et Nutrition et Service de Chirurgie, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 29:1105-11. 2005..New medical therapeutic options challenge the usual surgical management of Crohn's disease patients with intestinal perforation...
- Delayed spontaneous hepatogastric fistula formation following transcatheter arterial embolisation and radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinomaC Y Wang
National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Br J Radiol 82:e105-7. 2009..Patients with risk factors, including liver cirrhosis and large lesions close to the adjacent gastrointestinal tract, are especially vulnerable. Gas formation within a necrotic liver tumour requires immediate drainage...
- [Postoperative digestive fistulas. Etiopathogenic considerations]Iulia Munteanu
Universitatea de Medicină şi Farmacie Gr T Popa Iaşi Facultatea de Medicină, Clinica a III a Chirurgicală
Rev Med Chir Soc Med Nat Iasi 113:125-31. 2009..A fistula is a communication between two epithelial or endothelial surfaces, lined by granulation tissue. It can be a life-threatening condition...
- Endoscopic closure of postoperative gastrointestinal leakages and fistulas with the Over-the-Scope Clip (OTSC)Rudolf Mennigen
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, University Hospital Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Campus 1, 48149, Muenster, Germany
J Gastrointest Surg 17:1058-65. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of the OTSC for the management of postoperative gastrointestinal leakages and fistulas...
- A case with fistula formation between a perinephric retroperitoneal abscess and the duodenum: successful outcome after conservative managementMasahiro Matsuki
Department of Urology, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, 060 8543, Japan
J Infect Chemother 17:541-3. 2011..Fistula formation between a perinephric abscess and the duodenum is very rare but a favorable outcome was obtained by our conservative management...
- Cervical esophageal perforation with severe mediastinitis due to an impacted dental prosthesisB H A Von Rahden
Department of Surgery, TU Munich, Germany
Dis Esophagus 15:340-4. 2002....
- Postoperative peritonitis without an underlying digestive fistula after complete cytoreductive surgery plus HIPECCharles Honore
Department of Surgical Oncology, Gustave Roussy, Cancer Center, Villejuif, France
Saudi J Gastroenterol 19:271-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to report this situation after CCRS plus HIPEC, which has not been described yet and for which the treatment is not yet well defined...
- Cystoscopic removal of a large-caliber bullet from the left ureter: a case report of missile migration after a gunshot woundJonathan T Miller
Department of Surgery, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma 56:1141-3. 2004
- High preoperative ratio of blood urea nitrogen to creatinine increased mortality in gastrointestinal cancer patients who developed postoperative enteric fistulasHsing Lin Lin
Division of Trauma, Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 28:418-22. 2012..In conclusion, the results of our study showed that a high preoperative BUN/Cr ratio increases the risk of mortality in patients who develop enteric fistulas after surgery for GI cancer...
- Choledocho-duodenal fistula encountered during emergency laparotomy for upper gastro-intestinal haemorrhage: what should be the surgical strategy?N Periselneris
Department of Hepato Biliary and Pancreatic HPB surgery, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, Du Cane Road, London W12 0HS, UK
Clin Ter 162:547-8. 2011..The bleeding ulcer was underrun and a subtotal cholecystectomy was performed. To the best of our knowledge, this complication has never been reported in the literature. We herein report such a case and discuss its management...
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis treated with cytoreductive surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) for advanced ovarian carcinoma: a French multicentre retrospective cohort study of 566 patientsN Bakrin
Hospices Civils de Lyon, Centre Hospitalier Lyon Sud, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Pierre Benite, France Université Lyon 1, EMR 3738, Lyon, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 39:1435-43. 2013..The purpose of this study was to assess early and long-term survival in patients treated with this strategy...
- The endovascular management of open aortic surgery complications with emergency stent-graft repair in high-risk patientsA Ascoli Marchetti
Department of Vascular Surgery, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 48:315-21. 2007..Further evaluation of this technique and longer follow-up will determine its exact role in the management of these life-threatening complications...
- Application of the OTSC system for the closure of fistulas, anastomosal leakages and perforations within the gastrointestinal tractM Sandmann
Medical Center Gastroenterology and Interventional Endoscopy, Klinikum Dortmund Mitte, Dortmund, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 49:981-5. 2011..In another case we demonstrate our first experience with the OTSC system® for the prevention of perforations during deep endoscopic R 0 resection of a T 1(sm1)G1 sigmoideal cancer after initial R 1 resection...
- Responding to 4 gastrointestinal complications in cancer patientsJeanne Held-Warmkessel
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nursing 38:32-8; quiz 39. 2008..If your patient has cancer, be prepared to help her manage such serious GI complications as bowel obstruction, peritonitis, fistula formation, and intestinal perforation...
- [OVESCO: a promising system for endoscopic closure of gastrointestinal tract perforations]Félix Junquera
Unidad de Endoscopia Digestiva, Servicio de Aparato Digestivo, Corporación Parc Taulí, Sabadell, CIBER EHD
Gastroenterol Hepatol 34:568-72. 2011..This article describes the OVESCO system from its initial design to its introduction in clinical practice...
- Erosion of anterior cervical plate into pharynx with pharyngotracheal fistulaYuo Chen Kuo
Department of Radiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dysphagia 25:334-7. 2010..This rare complication of anterior cervical discectomy and fusion should be recognized as a potentially serious but treatable long-term sequela of an anterior cervical plate...
- Laparoscopic approach for correction of chylous fistula after pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomyGiovanni Favero
Department of Gynecology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Mitte and Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
J Minim Invasive Gynecol 17:262-4. 2010..There was no evidence of recurrence after 2-month follow-up. This case demonstrates successful laparoscopic management of chylous ascites after para-aortic lymphadenectomy and chemoradiation, using suturing...
- Stability in the rumen and effect on plasma status of single oral doses of vitamin D and vitamin E in high-yielding dairy cowsL Hymøller
Department of Animal Health and Bioscience, Aarhus University, Faculty of Agricultural Sciences, DK 8830 Tjele, Denmark
J Dairy Sci 93:5748-57. 2010..The limited plasma response after a single dose of α-tocopheryl acetate led to the conclusion that oral single dose therapy with all-rac-α-tocopheryl acetate is of limited physiological value...
- Sequential changes of body composition in patients with enterocutaneous fistula during the 10 days after admissionXin Bo Wang
Nanjing University, Research Institute of General Surgery, Naning General Hospital, People s Liberation Army, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:1149-52. 2002..To investigate the sequential changes of body composition in the metabolic response that occurred in a group of patients with enterocutaneous fistula after admission to the hospital...
- Use of somatostatin in the treatment of digestive fistulas. Pharmacoeconomic issuesP L Fagniez
Service de Chirurgie Digestive, Hopital Henri Mondor, Creteil, France
Digestion 60:65-70. 1999..Somatostatin, if used appropriately, seems to be associated with overall cost savings mainly by decreasing the length of hospital stay. Prospective controlled trials are expected to confirm these findings in the near future...
- Treatment of early duodenal fistula after orthotopic liver transplantation: a case reportYun Lu
Department of Hepatobiliary Vascular Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College, Qingdao University, Qingdao 266003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:155-7. 2003..On April 28, 200, we performed orthotopic liver transplantation for a patient at our hospital. Eight days after operation duodenal fistula developed, but cured after 13-day treatment...
- New technique of laparoscopic-assisted excision of a cholecystocolic fistula: report of a caseK Fujitani
Department of Surgery, Osaka National Hospital, Japan
Surg Today 31:740-2. 2001..This report describes our new technique for managing a cholecystocolic fistula found incidentally during a laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Endoscopic treatment of postoperative fistulas resistant to conservative management using biological fibrin glueL R Rabago
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Severo Ochoa Leganes, Madrid, Spain
Endoscopy 34:632-8. 2002..Postoperative fistulae occur frequently in standard surgical practice, but there is no general agreement on how to treat them. We summarize here our experience with endoscopic treatment...
- Repeat sleeve gastrectomy compared with primary sleeve gastrectomy: a single-center, matched case studyLionel Rebibo
Department of Digestive Surgery, Amiens University Hospital and Jules Verne University of Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054, Amiens Cedex 01, France
Obes Surg 22:1909-15. 2012..05). Re-SG is feasible but appears to be associated with a greater risk of complications. Nevertheless, re-SG can produce results (in terms of weight loss), equivalent to those obtained after first-line SG...
- Efficacy and safety of over-the-scope clip: including complications after endoscopic submucosal dissectionNoriko Nishiyama
Department of Gastroenterology and Neurology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa 761 0796, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 19:2752-60. 2013..To retrospectively review the results of over-the-scope clip (OTSC) use in our hospital and to examine the feasibility of using the OTSC to treat perforations after endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD)...
- The use of gastrostomy procedures in HNC patientsA G Anghel
E N T Department, Coltea Clinical Hospital, Bucharest, Romania
Chirurgia (Bucur) 108:341-5. 2013..To analyse the gastrostomy procedures performed in HNC patients admitted to Coltea Clinical Hospital in order to underline the similarities and differences to the data published worldwide...
- Endoscopic management of hepatic hydatid cyst with biliary communicationBarjesh C Sharma
Department of Gastroenterology, G B Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India
Dig Endosc 24:267-70. 2012..Surgical management of biliary fistulas is associated with high morbidity and mortality. We carried out a prospective study of endoscopic management of hydatid cysts communicating with bile ducts in 28 patients...
- Perianal Crohn's disease findings other than fistulas in a population-based cohortLaurent Peyrin-Biroulet
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 18:43-8. 2012..The cumulative incidence of and risk factors for perianal Crohn's disease (CD) for findings other than fistulas are unknown...
- Abdominothoracic fistulas due to complicated echinococcosisY A Karamustafaoglu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Trakya University Faculty of Medicine, Edirne, Turkey
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 60:131-4. 2012..Abdominothoracic fistulas are severe complications of hydatid disease. We report here on the results of surgical treatment of hydatid abdominopleural fistulas in 6 patients...
- [Clinical characteristics, diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract leakage after orthotopic liver transplantation]Jian Zhou
Organ Transplantation Center, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 50:222-5. 2012..To investigate the clinical characteristics, diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract leakage after orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- Common bile duct stones: an unusual case of diarrhoea through a mucous fistulaP T Davey
Southern Health and Social Care Trust, Belfast, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e221-2. 2012..The patient was treated successfully by endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography and stone extraction. This case demonstrated the role that contrast enema may still play in unusual cases of diarrhoea...
- Biochemical analysis of cystic fluid in the diagnosis of fetal intra-abdominal massesEdouard Lecarpentier
Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Robert Debre, AP HP, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
Prenat Diagn 32:627-31. 2012..The aim of the study was to evaluate a biochemical analysis of fluid sampled in utero from fetal abdominal cystic masses...
- Simultaneous gastric band removal and sleeve gastrectomy: a comparison with front-line sleeve gastrectomyLionel Rebibo
Department of Digestive Surgery, Amiens University Hospital Jules Verne University of Picardie, Place Victor Pauchet, 80054, Amiens Cedex 01, France
Obes Surg 22:1420-6. 2012..Weight loss after RGB + LSG validates the concept of "restrictive surgery after restrictive surgery". We did not find any independent risk factors that would have justified the avoidance of RGB + SG...
- Context for WOC practice: larval debridement therapy, abdominal fistula pouch, hyperglycemia, and wound infectionsMikel Gray
J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 35:370-2. 2008
- Gallstone ileus--an atypical presentation and unusual locationShamita Chatterjee
Department of General Surgery, R G Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kshudiram Bose Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Int J Surg 6:e55-6. 2008..Intraoperatively the gallstone was found impacted at the duodeno-jejunal flexure. Impaction of gallstone at the duodeno-jejunal flexure is yet to be reported in literature...
- Placement of a percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy feeding tube via a cervical pharyngocutaneous fistulaL Lujber
Department of Oto Rhino Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Pecs University Medical School, Pecs, Hungary
Endoscopy 38:E57. 2006
- Extracorporeal photopheresis for the treatment of refractory Crohn's disease: results of an open-label pilot studyMaria T Abreu
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33101 6960, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:829-36. 2009..A prospective, uncontrolled pilot study was conducted to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ECP in patients with active Crohn's disease (CD) who were refractory to or intolerant of immunosuppressants and/or anti-TNF therapies...
- Roux-en-Y reconstruction using staplers during pancreaticoduodenectomy: results of a prospective preliminary studyYoshihiro Sakamoto
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Division, National Cancer Center Hospital, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo, 104 0045, Japan
Surg Today 39:32-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to reveal the utility of alimentary reconstruction using staplers during pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD), focusing on the occurrence of delayed gastric emptying...
- Serum albumin level in the management of postoperative enteric fistula for gastrointestinal cancer patientsChien Yu Lu
Nutrition Support Team and Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, No 100 Tzyou 1st Road, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Invest Surg 21:25-32. 2008....
- Diagnosis and management of primary aortoenteric fistulas--experience learned from eighteen patientsYang Song
Emergency Department, Chinese PLA General Hospital, Beijing, China
Surgery 143:43-50. 2008..Misdiagnosis of primary aortoenteric fistula (PAEF) frequently occurs in clinical practice owing to the rarity of this condition. Herein we present the experience of diagnosis and management for PAEF...
- Diagnosis of aortoenteric fistulas with CT angiographyKlaus D Hagspiel
Department of Radiology, Division of Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging, University of Virginia Health System, Box 800170, Lee St, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:497-504. 2007....
- Large gastrosplenic fistula after effective treatment of abdominal diffuse large-B-cell lymphomaMoritz Palmowski
Ann Hematol 87:337-8. 2008
- Two cases of refractory post-bulbar duodenal ulcerTateki Yamane
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The Jikei University Kashiwa Hospital, Kashiwa
Intern Med 46:1413-7. 2007....
- [Nutritional therapy and digestive tract fistulas]Antonio Carlos L Campos
Departamento de Cirurgia da Universidade Federal do Parand, Curitiba, Brasil
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 37:118-25. 2007
- Pyeloduodenal fistula due to advanced upper tract malignancyDavid J Hernandez
James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Urology 69:1206-7. 2007
- Acute suppurative thyroiditis in children secondary to pyriform sinus fistulaT R Sai Prasad
Department of Paediatric Surgery, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, 100, Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229899, Singapore
Pediatr Surg Int 23:779-83. 2007..High index of suspicion and radiological investigations such as barium studies and computed tomography scan aid in the delineation and excision of the fistulous tract...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous carcinoma with atypical manifestations: report of two casesSeung Eun Lee
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
World J Gastroenterol 13:1622-5. 2007..These two cases suggest that IPMN can either spontaneously rupture causing mucinous materials to spill into the free abdominal cavity or directly invade adjacent organs resulting in fistula development...
- Update on open abdomen management: achievements and challengesRao R Ivatury
Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1200 East Broad Street, W15E, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
World J Surg 33:1150-3. 2009..Recent advances in the management of the open abdomen have provided the means to overcome the challenges and reap the benefits...
- Intestinopericardial fistula presenting as cardiac tamponadeDavid Singh
Division of Cardiology, Los Angeles, California, USA
Am J Cardiol 103:1178-9. 2009..Early identification of the disease coupled with prompt surgical intervention maximizes a patient's chance of survival and reduced morbidity...
- [Management of enteric fistula]Jieshou Li
Research Institute of General Surgery, General Hospital of Nanjing Command, People s Liberation Army, Nanjing 210002, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 40:100-3. 2002..To evaluate the essentials for successful management of entero-cutaneous fistulas and their...
- High-flow arterioportal fistula: treatment with detachable balloon occlusionS Akpek
Department of Radiology, Gazi University, School of Medicine, Besevler, 06510 Ankara, Turkey
Abdom Imaging 26:277-80. 2001..Proper selection of the technique and embolic material is very important for the success of the procedure. We present a case with high-flow arterioportal fistula treated with transarterial embolization using detachable balloons...
- Metallic cough and pyogenic liver abscessA Ala
Department of Gastroenterology, North Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:967-9. 2001..After repeated attempts at drainage and antimicrobial therapy the abscess cavity, including the hepatobronchial fistula, resolved...
- Double common bile duct with ectopic drainage into the stomach. Case report and review of the literatureP Bernard
Department of Surgery, , 44093 Nantes, France
Surg Radiol Anat 23:269-72. 2001..Only 23 cases of abnormal biliary drainage into the stomach have been reported in the literature. Embryogenesis and potential risks, such as lithiasis in the ectopic duct and the development of gastric carcinoma, are discussed...
- [Complications of pulmonary resection]C Jayle
Unité de chirurgie thoracique et cardiaque, Pôle Coeur Poumon, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Poitiers, Universite de Poitiers, France
Rev Mal Respir 24:967-82. 2007..Surgical pulmonary resection remains the most effective treatment of non-small cell lung cancer which is its principal indication. Peri-operative mortality remains fairly high and is associated with post operative complications...
- Enteral or parenteral nutrition for the treatment of postoperatory gastrointestinal fistulae: a decision-making processMario Eugenio Ferreyra
Nutrition 18:196-8. 2002
- Successful bridging treatment and healing of enteric fistulae by vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy and targeted drainage in patients with open abdomenStefan Stremitzer
Department of General Surgery, Medical University Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:661-6. 2011..The object of this study was to investigate the bridging treatment of enteric fistulae by vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy in patients with open abdomen...
- Efficacy and tolerability of immunoregulators and antibiotics in fistulizing Crohn's disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of placebo-controlled trialsShekoufeh Nikfar
Faculty of Pharmacy, and Pharmaceutical Sciences Research Center, Tehran University of Medical, Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Curr Pharm Des 16:3684-98. 2010..This meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of two drug groups (immunoregulators and antibiotics) in the treatment of fistula in Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Randomised clinical trial: certolizumab pegol for fistulas in Crohn's disease - subgroup results from a placebo-controlled studyS Schreiber
Department of Medicine I, Christian Albrechts University, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Kiel, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:185-93. 2011..Treatment options for fistulizing Crohn's disease (CD) are limited...
- Treatment algorithm for postoperative upper gastrointestinal fistulas and leaks using combined vicryl plug and fibrin glueG Bohm
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Endoscopy 42:599-602. 2010....
- Intra-abdominal fistulas in surgically treated Crohn's disease patientsYong Sik Yoon
Department of Colon and Rectal Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Korea
World J Surg 34:1924-9. 2010..We assessed the clinical presentation of intra-abdominal fistulas in patients with CD and compared the clinicopathologic characteristics of CD with and without fistulas...
- Surgical procedures and morbidities of diaphragmatic surgery in patients undergoing initial or interval debulking surgery for advanced-stage ovarian cancerSebastien Gouy
Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
J Am Coll Surg 210:509-14. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate modalities and morbidities of DS at the time of initial surgery (INS) and interval debulking surgery (IDS; performed after neoadjuvant chemotherapy)...
- Superior mesenteric artery-duodenal fistula presenting as a late complication of an abdominal gunshot woundMaurizio A Miglietta
Trauma and Surgical Critical Care, R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1595, USA
J Trauma 52:554-5. 2002
- Epidemiology and diagnosis of endograft infectionS D Hobbs
Regional Vascular Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Liverpool, UK
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 51:5-14. 2010..This paper presents a detailed analysis of the features of all cases reported to date and examines the aetiology, pathogenesis and imaging of endograft infection and aorto-enteric fistula...
- Rectourethral fistula stenting: a technique for better fistula visualization and efficient repairAyman Mahdy
Department of Urology, Section Female Urology and Voiding Dysfunction, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Weston, Florida 33331, USA
Surg Innov 16:289-92. 2009..All cases had either brachytherapy as a monotherapy or combined brachytherapy and external beam radiotherapy. All cases had the fistula completely healed except for one failed case that had a 2-cm fistula...
- No 'bypass' in adult ruminants: passage of fluid ingested vs. fluid inserted into the rumen in fistulated muskoxen (Ovibos moschatus), reindeer (Rangifer tarandus) and moose (Alces alces)Isabel Lechner
Clinic for Zoo Animals, Exotic Pets and Wildlife, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 154:151-6. 2009..We suggest that effects previously ascribed to a "rumen bypass" in wild ruminants most likely reflect differences in the passage from the rumen...
- Cholecystoduodenoplasty for high-output duodenal fistulaO S Rohondia
Department of Gastroenterology Surgical Services, Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai
Indian J Gastroenterol 20:107-8. 2001..We have treated six patients by this technique. In five patients the leak was satisfactorily sealed. Three patients died - one due to persistent leak and two due to jejunostomy leak...
- Images in clinical medicine. Actinomyces hepatic abscess with cutaneous fistulaMustafa Saad
James H Quillen Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
N Engl J Med 353:e16. 2005
- Early oral feeding following total laryngectomyLevent Saydam
Department of Otolaryngology, Bayindir Medical Center, Ankara and the Department of Otolaryngology, Inonu University Medical School, Malatya, Turkey
Am J Otolaryngol 23:277-81. 2002..In this article we analyze our experience with special emphasis given to the early start of postoperative feeding...
- [Aorto-intestinal anastomosis as a complication of abdominal aortic aneurysm]A A Babkov
Vestn Khir Im I I Grek 161:97-8. 2002
- [Intraductal papillary mucinous tumor of the pancreas degenerated and fistulisated in the stomach, the duodenum and colon]F S Ftériche
AHU, Service de Chirurgie A, Hopital La Rabta, 1004 Jabbari, Tunis, Tunisie
Ann Chir 131:118-20. 2006..Of the 3 fistulizations tracts, both gastric and duodenal ones were malignant. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of IPMT with colonic fistulization. Twelve months later, the patient is alive without signs of recurrence...
- Fistula in ano surgery has no impact on pudendal nerve terminal motor latencyFady Daniel
Service de Proctologie Médico Interventionnelle, Groupe Hospitalier Diaconesses Croix Saint Simon, 18, rue du Sergent Bauchat, 75012, Paris, France
Int J Colorectal Dis 21:444-7. 2006..The objective of our study was to evaluate the influence of anal surgery on the anal terminal motor latency of the pudendal nerve (PNTML)...
- [Anastomotic fistula. Complication caused by surgery]J Maroske
Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik der Universität Würzburg, BRD
Rozhl Chir 84:511-6; discussion 516. 2005..In most cases the treatment of anastomotic fistula require an individual patient-fair therapy; exceptions are the pancreatic fistula...
- Closure of gastrointestinal fistulas using fibrin sealant under fistulographyXinbo Wang
Research Institute of General Surgery, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, China
Int Surg 90:223-6. 2005..6 months). It is concluded that selective occlusion under fistulography is highly effective for gastrointestinal fistulas...
- Making a virtue of necessity: managing the open abdomenAlan de Costa
Department of Surgery, Cairns Base Hospital, Cairns Private Hospital, Mount Druitt Hospital Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 76:356-63. 2006..The open abdomen, or laparostomy, is becoming increasingly used in the management of critically ill surgical patients...
- [Conservative treatment of the digestive fistulas: personal experience]Maurizio Castriconi
AORN A Cardarelli, Napoli UOC Chirurgia d Urgenza
Ann Ital Chir 76:523-7. 2005..The authors, thanks to experience obtained in an Unit for the treatment of digestive fistulas, discuss the possibility of a conservative treatment for the anastomotic fistulas...
- The natural history of diverticulitis: fact and theoryMartin H Floch
Digestive Disease Section, Yale University School of Medicine Norwalk Hospital, 30 Stevens Street, Suite E, Norwalk, CT 08650, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:S2-7. 2004..In conclusion, fiber deficiency results in diverticular formation and a chronic inflammation that may progress to acute or chronic diverticulitis that can be treated medically but may require surgical intervention...
- Endoclips for GI endoscopyGottumukkala S Raju
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0764, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:267-79. 2004
- Amebic liver abscess with a hepatogastric fistulaYu Ting Chang
National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Gastrointest Endosc 56:906. 2002
- Endoscopic transpapillary gallbladder drainage for closure of calculous gallbladder perforation and cholecystoduodenal fistulaTodd H Baron
Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:753-5. 2002
- Acute cholecystitisAdrian A Indar
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University Hospital Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2UH
BMJ 325:639-43. 2002
- Critical oropharyngocutaneous fistulas after microsurgical head and neck reconstruction: indications for management using the "tissue-plug" techniqueChristopher J Salgado
Department of Plastic Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Plast Reconstr Surg 112:957-63. 2003....
- Association of peripapillary fistula with common bile duct stones and cholangitisMelih Karincaoglu
Department of Internal Medicine, Inonu University, Malatya, Turkey
ANZ J Surg 73:884-6. 2003..Peripapillary choledochoduodenal fistula (PCDF) is occasionally detected during endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. Cholelithiasis and biliary bougienage are two suspected causes of PCDF...
- Diaphragmatic defect with peritoneopericardial communicationAndrew S Olearchyk
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center, Camden, New Jersey 08103, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 30:328-31. 2003..Three years later, the patient was doing well, with a normally functioning pericardial valve in the aortic position and no sign of omentum around the heart...
- Complications of stent placement for benign stricture of gastrointestinal tractYing Sheng Cheng
Department of Radiology, Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 200233, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:284-6. 2004..To observe the frequent complications of stent placement for stricture of the gastrointestinal tract and to find proper treatment...
- [Clinical experience with silicon pharyngeal tube for pharyngocutaneous fistula and cervical esophagus stenosis]Masayuki Tomifuji
Department of Otolaryngology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo
Nihon Jibiinkoka Gakkai Kaiho 109:530-4. 2006..Silicon pharyngeal tubes are useful for the treatment of pharyngocutaneous fistula and cervical esophageal stenosis...
- [Endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal fistulas with biological fibrin glue]Luis Ramón Rábago
Sección de Digestivo Hospital Severo Ochoa Leganés Madrid España
Gastroenterol Hepatol 29:390-6. 2006..We summarize our experience of endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal fistulas with fibrin glue...
- Pulse granulomas detected in gallbladder, fallopian tube, and skinDennis D Rhee
University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Irvine, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1839-42. 2006..Pulse granulomas are rare and have occupied only the lungs, in association with aspiration, and the alimentary canal, in association with oral pathology, colonic diverticula, and a rectal mass...
- Factors associated with failure in managing pelvic sepsis after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA)--a multivariate analysisIsmail Sagap
Department of Colorectal Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Surgery 140:691-703; discussion 703-4. 2006..Pelvic sepsis is known to cause a detrimental outcome after ileal pouch-anal anastomosis (IPAA). The aim of this study was to examine potential factors associated with failure in managing pelvic sepsis after IPAA...
- Hepatopulmonary fistula caused by alveolar echinococcosis: report of a caseTatsuhiko Kakisaka
Department of General Surgery, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, North 15, West 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Surg Today 36:937-40. 2006..We report this case to emphasize that the first-line treatment for a hepatopulmonary fistula caused by HAE should be radical surgery, which results in relief of symptoms and a good outcome...
- Adalimumab for maintenance of clinical response and remission in patients with Crohn's disease: the CHARM trialJean Frederic Colombel
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hopital Claude Huriez, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Rue Michel Polonovski, 59037 Lille, France
Gastroenterology 132:52-65. 2007....
- Outcome after endovascular stent graft repair of aortoenteric fistula: A systematic reviewGeorge A Antoniou
Department of Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Larissa, Faculty of Medicine, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
J Vasc Surg 49:782-9. 2009..Endovascular stent graft repair has been attempted, but recurrent infection remains of major concern. We conducted a systematic review to assess potential factors associated with poor outcome after endovascular treatment...
- Nicorandil-induced peristomal ulcers: is nicorandil also associated with gastrointestinal fistula formation?S Ogden
Br J Dermatol 156:608-9. 2007
- [Association between vascular endothelial growth factor gene 936 T/C polymorphism and colorectal cancer together with anastomotic leakage]Guo yang Wu
Department of General Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Xiamen University, Amoy, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:1505-7. 2006..To investigate the association between VEGF gene 936 T/C polymorphism and colorectal cancer together with anastomotic leakage...
- [Somatostatin in the treatment of pancreatic diseases]Anna Mária Németh
Orv Hetil 143:1099-108. 2002..In experimental and acute pancreatitis somatostatin and octreotide were less effective than expected, however, they proved to be helpful in preventing complications of pancreatic operations and in the therapy of fistulas and pseudocysts...
- Hepatobiliary mucinous cystadenoma in a childOsman Faruk Senyuz
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Cerrahpaa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 39:E6-8. 2004..Total excision and the repair of the fistula could be possible after shrinkage of the tumor with the use of selective embolization of the feeding artery by interventional radiology...
- Toll-Like Receptor-Complex in Intestinal Epith. CellsMaria Abreu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies have important implications for understanding host-microbial interactions and the inter-relationship between the innate and adaptive immune systems in the gut. ..