Genomes and Genes
bile duct diseases
Summary: Diseases in any part of the ductal system of the BILIARY TRACT from the smallest BILE CANALICULI to the largest COMMON BILE DUCT.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Fibropolycystic liver disease: CT and MR imaging findingsGiuseppe Brancatelli
Department of Radiology, University of Palermo, Italy
Radiographics 25:659-70. 2005..Awareness of these CT and MR imaging features is essential in detecting and differentiating between various fibropolycystic liver diseases and can assist in proper management...
- Pathology and pathogenesis of intrahepatic bile duct lossY Nakanuma
Second Department of Pathology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Kanazawa 920-8640, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 8:303-15. 2001..More analysis of the biology of biliary epithelial cells is mandatory for the evaluation of the pathobiology of bile duct loss, as well as for the effective restoration of biliary epithelial cells, in ductopenic liver diseases...
- Hodgkin lymphoma-related vanishing bile duct syndrome and idiopathic cholestasis: statistical analysis of all published cases and literature reviewAri Ballonoff
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Aurora, CO 80045 0510, USA
Acta Oncol 47:962-70. 2008..The available literature consists primarily of case reports, resulting in little clarity as to the clinical course and ideal treatment for this disease...
- Endoscopic ultrasound rendezvous for bile duct access using a transduodenal approach: cumulative experience at a single center. A case seriesY S Kim
Internal Medicine, Gacheon Gil Medical Center of Gacheon Medical School, Incheon, Korea
Endoscopy 42:496-502. 2010..Advantages over percutaneous biliary and other methods of EUS biliary access include performance under the same anesthesia, and a very small-caliber needle puncture similar to EUS/fine-needle aspiration...
- Scintigraphic diagnosis of bile leakage after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A prospective studyH L Pasmans
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Clin Nucl Med 17:697-700. 1992..Cholescintigraphy is feasible for the early detection of bile leakage and bile flow obstruction after laparoscopic cholecystectomy in patients with increased postoperative abdominal discomfort...
- Biliary MR imaging with Gd-EOB-DTPA and its clinical applicationsNam Kyung Lee
Department of Radiology, Pusan National University Hospital, Pusan National University School of Medicine and Medical Research Institute, Pusan National University, 1 10 Ami dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 739, Republic of Korea
Radiographics 29:1707-24. 2009..However, the clinical applications of this imaging technique have not yet been fully explored, and further investigations are needed to determine the utility of Gd-EOB-DTPA-enhanced MR cholangiography in a clinical setting...
- Fine needle aspiration using forward-viewing endoscopic ultrasonographyM Kida
Department of Gastroenterology, Kitasato University East Hospital, 2 1 1 Asamizodai, Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan
Endoscopy 43:796-801. 2011..We had the opportunity to use this forward-viewing echo endoscope and to study its clinical usefulness, mainly for diagnostic EUS-FNA...
- Endoscopic balloon dilatation versus endoscopic sphincterotomy for the removal of bile duct stones: a prospective randomised trialP Vlavianos
Gastrointestinal Unit, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London, UK
Gut 52:1165-9. 2003..Endoscopic balloon dilatation (EBD) of the sphincter of Oddi has been proposed as an alternative therapy with possible advantages, as compared with endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES), for removal of bile duct stones...
- Bile duct injuries associated with laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy: an 11-year experience in one instituteTheodoros Diamantis
First Surgical Department, Medical School, University of Athens, Laiko Hospital, 17 Aghiou Thoma Street, GR 115 27, Athens, Greece
Surg Today 35:841-5. 2005..The aim of this retrospective single-institution study was to evaluate the real incidence of BDI during laparoscopic and open cholecystectomy (OC) in a tertiary academic center in Athens, Greece...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma arising in multiple bile duct hamartomas: report of two cases and review of the literatureAi Min Xu
Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:580-4. 2009..Any other clinically detectable primary tumor was not found. These two neoplasms were interpreted as a cholangiocarcinoma arising in BDHs. This suggested BDHs might be a risk factor of development of cholangiocarcinoma...
- Regurgitation of bile acids from leaky bile ducts causes sclerosing cholangitis in Mdr2 (Abcb4) knockout micePeter Fickert
Deparment of Medicine, Medical University, Graz, Austria
Gastroenterology 127:261-74. 2004....
- The cholangiopathies: disorders of biliary epitheliaKonstantinos N Lazaridis
Centr for Basic Research in Digestive Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Gastroenterology 127:1565-77. 2004
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography should no longer be used as a diagnostic test: an independent verdictD F Martin
Department of Radiology, South Manchester University Hospital NHS Trust, Wythenshawe, UK
Dig Liver Dis 34:381-2. 2002
- Percutaneous management of bile duct strictures and injuries associated with laparoscopic cholecystectomy: a decade of experienceSanjay Misra
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Am Coll Surg 198:218-26. 2004..Definitive percutaneous management with balloon dilatation might be possible in select patients with intact biliary-enteric continuity, but longterm data are limited...
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography should no longer be used as a diagnostic test: the case in favourM B Sheridan
Department of Clinical Radiology, The Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, St James s University Hospital, West Yorkshire, UK
Dig Liver Dis 34:370-4. 2002..The choice of technique used depends on local availability and expertise. In future, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography will be reserved exclusively for therapeutic applications...
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography should no longer be used as a diagnostic test: the case againstR Madhotra
Department of Gastroenterology, Royal Liverpool University Hospitals, UK
Dig Liver Dis 34:375-80. 2002....
- The cystic duct: normal anatomy and disease processesM A Turner
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, 401 N 12th St, Box 980615 MCV Station, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Radiographics 21:3-22; questionnaire 288-94. 2001..Familiarity with the imaging appearance of the normal cystic duct, its anatomic variants, and related disease processes facilitates accurate diagnosis and helps avoid misinterpretation...
- Is endoscopic balloon dilation for removal of bile duct stones associated with an increased risk for pancreatitis or a higher rate of hyperamylasemia?J J Bergman
Dept of Gastroenterology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Endoscopy 33:416-20. 2001..We studied the rate of pancreatitis and asymptomatic hyperamylasemia after endoscopic balloon dilation (EBD) and endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST) for removal of bile duct stones...
- Tuberculosis of the bile duct: a rare cause of obstructive jaundiceK Y Kok
Surgical Unit, RIPAS Hospital, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
J Clin Gastroenterol 29:161-4. 1999..The treatment of tuberculosis of the bile duct involves relief of the bile duct obstruction and antituberculous therapy...
- Imaging features of ductal plate malformations in adultsN Venkatanarasimha
Department of Radiology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
Clin Radiol 66:1086-93. 2011..Accurate diagnosis of ductal plate malformations is important to direct appropriate clinical management and prevent misdiagnosis...
- An endoscopic approach to the management of surgical bile duct injuries: nine years' experienceL Familiari
Digestive Endoscopy Unit, Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:493-7. 2003..The evaluation of the endoscopic treatment of surgical bile duct injuries, especially in the management of post-operative strictures, remains controversial...
- Iatrogenic bile duct injury: the scourge of laparoscopic cholecystectomyK Slater
Hepatobiliary Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:83-8. 2002..The purpose of the present paper was to review a tertiary referral unit's experience of bile duct injuries induced by LC...
- Tuberculosis of the cystic duct lymph nodeValdinaldo Aragão de Melo
Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sergipe, Aracaju, SE, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 8:112-4. 2004..However, diagnosis is usually achieved by microscopic appearance of caseating granulomas and isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The treatment in this case consisted of cholecystectomy and antitubercular chemotherapy...
- Biliary tract calculi in primary sclerosing cholangitisM Kaw
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pennsylvania
Am J Gastroenterol 90:72-5. 1995..CONCLUSION: We suggest that biliary tract calculi are a part of the spectrum of otherwise typical PSC and therefore their presence should not necessarily exclude the diagnosis...
- MR cholangiopancreatography: improved ductal distention with intravenous morphine administrationAlvin C Silva
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, 13400 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Radiographics 24:677-87. 2004..Morphine administration may also be particularly helpful for the evaluation of patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, malignant neoplasms such as cholangiocarcinoma, or cystic and non-organ-deforming benign pancreatic neoplasms...
- Bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: primary and long-term results from a single institutionJukka Karvonen
Department of Surgery, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
Surg Endosc 21:1069-73. 2007..After the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy the incidence of these injuries has at least doubled, and even after the learning curve, the incidence has plateaued at the level of 0.5%...
- [Usefulness and limitation of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in patients with hepatolithiasis]Do Hyun Park
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1 Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 42:423-30. 2003..To determine the usefulness and limitation of MRCP for detecting hepatolithiasis and biliary strictures, we compared the result of MRCP with that of percutaneous transhepatic cholangioscopy (PTCS) as the standard reference...
- ERCP-directed brush cytology prepared by the Thinprep method: test performance and morphology of 149 casesM A Duggan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cytopathology 15:80-6. 2004..The performance of Thinprep-prepared brushings from this anatomical site was comparable with conventional preparations...
- [Role of MR cholangiopancreatography in the evaluation of biliary disease]E Iannicelli
U O C di Radiodiagnostica, Ospedale Sant Andrea, II Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza, Roma, Italia
Clin Ter 157:425-9. 2006....
- Double hepatic duct associated with anomalous pancreatobiliary ductal junctionMasaji Hashimoto
Department of Digestive Surgery, Toranomon Hospital, 2 2 2 Toranomon, Minato ku, Tokyo 105 8470, Japan
Am J Surg 187:433. 2004
- Percutaneous transhepatic choledochoscopic removal of intrahepatic stonesM T Cheung
Department of Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Br J Surg 90:1409-15. 2003..Treatment of hepatolithiasis is complex and difficult. With the advent of biliary endoscopy and radiological intervention, percutaneous choledochoscopic removal of intrahepatic stones has become a well established procedure...
- Postcholecystectomy benign biliary strictures - long-term resultsS S Sikora
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Dig Surg 23:304-12. 2006..Cholecystectomy is the most frequently performed general surgical procedure. Bile duct injury is a dreaded complication and is associated with serious long-term morbidity...
- [Endoscopic and radiological interventional therapy of benign and malignant bile duct stenoses]D Hartmann
Medizinische Klink C, Gastroenterologie, Hepatologie, Diabetologie, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen gGmbH
Zentralbl Chir 128:936-43. 2003..By photodynamic therapy it seems possible to achieve an improvement of quality of life and of the prognosis in cholangiocarcinoma...
- [A case of biliary cast syndrome after cadaveric liver transplantation]Chang Jin Seo
Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University of Daegu School of Medicine, Nam Gu, Daegu, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 49:106-9. 2007....
- Agenesis of gallbladder and multiple anomalies of the biliary tree in a patient with portal thrombosis: a case reportYusuf Bayraktar
Department of Gastroenterology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:212-5. 2006..The presence of these rare pathologies in two viscera running together in a patient with right portal vein thrombosis is a very rare condition...
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiography in the evaluation of late biliary complications after orthotopic liver transplantationM Muñoz Beltrán
Department of Radiology, Ramon y Cajal Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:3924-5. 2005....
- Ki-ras mutations in codon 12 and p53 mutations (biomarkers) and cytology in bile in patients with hepatobiliary-pancreatic carcinomaKoji Yamaguchi
Department of Surgery and Oncology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:713-8. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare exfoliative bile cytology and biomarkers of the bile in patients with hepatobiliary and pancreatic diseases...
- Long-term survival after isolated liver transplantation for intrahepatic biliary papillomatosisLionel Charre
Transpl Int 19:249-52. 2006
- Magnetic resonance cholangiography features of biliary abnormalities due to cavernous transformation of the portal veinPatrick Chevallier
Department of Radiology, Hopital Archet, 151 route de Saint Antoine de Ginestiere, 06202 Nice Cedex 3, France
Clin Imaging 30:190-4. 2006..The aim of this retrospective and monocentric study was to describe the magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC) features of biliary abnormalities related to extrahepatic obstruction of the portal vein (EHOPV)...
- Nasobiliary tube management of postcholecystectomy bile leaksFarshad Elmi
Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 39:441-4. 2005..Endobiliary stenting is the traditional form of endoprosthetic drainage for biliary leaks. Nasobiliary tubes offer the advantage of easy removal and interval tube cholangiograms to assess leak resolution...
- The substitution of endoscopic ultrasonography for endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatography: implications for service development and trainingJose Sahel
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:291-4. 2004..Therefore, the choice between EUS, MRCP and ERCP will become simplified: MRCP as the first option for diagnosis, EUS in doubtful cases needing sampling for pathology and ERCP as a therapeutic alternative to some surgical procedures...
- [State of the art on endotherapy of biliary injuries]Guido Costamagna
Unidad de Endoscopia Digestiva, Departamento de Cirugia, Università Cattolica A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 70:83-94. 2005..The advantages of endoscopy are its simplicity, repeatability and minimal invasiveness; furthermore, surgery after endotherapy is always possible...
- MRCP and ERCP findings in clonorchiasisGwang Ha Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Pusan National University of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 64:439-40; discussion 440. 2006
- Use of the rendezvous technique in the treatment of biliary anastomotic disruption in a liver transplant recipientCuneyt Aytekin
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
Liver Transpl 12:1423-6. 2006..In conclusion, we present the case report of a liver transplant recipient with an anastomotic bile leak that was successfully treated with the rendezvous technique...
- Chronic mucoid Pseudomonas aeruginosa cholangitis complicating ERCP in a CF patientKristin Wallick
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO, USA
J Cyst Fibros 1:99-101. 2002..The most likely mechanism of infection of the biliary tract was direct introduction of the upper respiratory tract pathogen during the diagnostic procedure...
- Differentiation of extrahepatic bile duct cholangiocarcinoma from benign stricture: findings at MRCP versus ERCPMi Suk Park
Depts of Diagnostic Radiology and Pathology, Asan Medical Ctr, Univ of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong Songpa ku, Seoul 138 040, South Korea
Radiology 233:234-40. 2004....
- Biliopancreatic and pancreatobiliary refluxes in cases with and without pancreaticobiliary maljunction: diagnosis and clinical implicationsTerumi Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Digestion 73:228-36. 2006....
- Factors influencing the results of treatment of bile duct injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomyLi Bo Li
Department of General Surgery, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Zhejiang University Medical College, Hangzhou 310016, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:113-6. 2005..This study was undertaken to evaluate the factors influencing the outcome of repair of bile duct injuries caused by laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Diagnostic utility of peroral cholangioscopy for various bile-duct lesionsYoshihiro Fukuda
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology Graduate School of Medicine Chiba University, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 62:374-82. 2005..We evaluated the utility of peroral cholangioscopy (POCS) for distinguishing malignant from benign biliary disease to cover low sensitivity of tissue sampling...
- [Congenital cystic dilatation of the cystic duct associated with an anomalous pancreaticobiliary ductal junction]H Weiler
Medizinische Klinik I, Schwerpunkt Gastroenterologie Hepatologie, Klinikum Ludwigsburg
Ultraschall Med 24:197-201. 2003....
- Modification of a choledochoscope for extraction of difficult biliary stonesJ J Roth
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Am Surg 67:630-2. 2001..This paper describes a simple method for dislodging difficult intrahepatic biliary stones: modification of a rigid choledochoscope to permit use of a biliary Fogarty catheter and Segura basket under direct visualization...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of biliary anastomosis with or without T-tube after orthotopic liver transplantationM Shimoda
The Dumont-UCLA Liver and Pancreas Transplant Center, University of California Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Am J Transplant 1:157-61. 2001..It is not only associated with fewer biliary complications, but also less costly than using choledochocholedochostomy over a T-tube. Randomized prospective studies are needed to confirm our results...
- Roundworm in the bile ductC Ganesh Pai
Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, Karnataka, India
Gastrointest Endosc 55:913. 2002
- Normal structure, variations, and anomalies of the pancreaticobiliary ducts of Koreans: a nationwide cooperative prospective studyHong Ja Kim
Korean Research Group on Pancreaticobiliary Diseases, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 55:889-96. 2002..This study evaluated the normal pancreaticobiliary ducts of Koreans and assessed the frequency and pattern of variations and anomalies of these structures...
- Recent advances in pancreaticobiliary maljunctionYoshiro Matsumoto
First Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Yamanashi Medical University, Tamaho, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:45-54. 2002..The results support the conclusion that PBM is a high risk factor for the development of bile duct carcinoma...
- Classification and prognosis of intrahepatic biliary stricture after liver transplantationHae Won Lee
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Liver Transpl 13:1736-42. 2007....
- Complete bile duct sequestration after liver transplantation, caused by ischemic-type biliary lesionsH Abou-Rebyeh
Dept of Internal Medicine, Division of Hepatology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Metabolism, University Hospital Charite, Virchow Hospital Campus, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Endoscopy 35:616-20. 2003..This is the first detailed report on a sequestration of the entire bile duct system caused by ITBL, successfully treated for several years by endoscopic means...
- Intramural incision during ERCP: turning a complication into a positive experience?Simon K Lo
Gastrointest Endosc 67:634-5. 2008
- Magnetic resonance cholangiographic assessment of a delayed radiation-induced bile duct strictureF Di Fiore
Digestive Disease Tract Research Group, Rouen University Hospital Charles Nicolle, France
Dig Liver Dis 33:584-6. 2001....
- Young female with pancreaticobiliary maljunction presenting with acute pancreatitis: a case report and review of the literatureA Eyben
Department of Hepatology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg Leuven, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Acta Gastroenterol Belg 70:363-6. 2007..Patients with choledochal cyst should receive a prophylactic cholecystectomy, and an excision of the extrahepatic bile duct, followed by hepaticojejunostomy...
- Safety and efficacy of the percutaneous treatment of bile leaks in hepaticojejunostomy or split-liver transplantation without dilatation of the biliary treeDorico Righi
Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Torino, Turin, Italy
Liver Transpl 14:611-5. 2008..In conclusion, biliary fistulas after HJA in LT or after SLT can be successfully treated by PTBD. The absence of enlarged intrahepatic biliary ducts should not be a contraindication for percutaneous treatment...
- Optical coherence tomography of the biliary tree during ERCPJohn M Poneros
Gastrointestinal Unit, Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 55:84-8. 2002..Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a high-resolution imaging technique that produces cross-sectional images in vivo. This is a report of the first use of OCT to acquire images of the biliary tree during ERCP...
- [Imaging of the intrahepatic biliary tree with thick slice MR cholangiography]J C Leclerc
Service de Radiologie, , rue du Morvan, 54511 Vandoeuvre
J Radiol 82:151-60. 2001..CONCLUSION: MRCP can be proposed as a first intention imaging technique for the evaluation of intrahepatic ducts...
- Interventional procedures for biliary drainage with bilioplasty in pediatric patients: dosimetric aspectsD Righi
Radiologia Diagnostica Universitaria, Ospedale San Giovanni Battista, Via Genova 3, Turin, Italy
Radiol Med 113:429-38. 2008..This study was undertaken to evaluate patient dose in paediatric liver transplant recipients treated by percutaneous biliary drainage and bilioplasty procedures...
- Intramural incision technique: a useful and safe procedure for obtaining ductal access during ERCPSri Prakash Misra
Department of Gastroenterology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, India
Gastrointest Endosc 67:629-33. 2008..Intramucosal incision technique is a useful procedure to achieve ductal access in patients undergoing ERCP. However, the procedure has been underused...
- Minimally invasive surgeryK H Fuchs
Dept of Surgery, University Hospital, Wurzburg, Germany
Endoscopy 34:154-9. 2002..Minimally invasive surgical techniques are thus now fully established in routine use, and the indications are continuing to expand...
- The clinicopathological studies on patients with pancreaticobiliary maljunction that was detected by intraoperative cholangiography under laparoscopic cholecystectomyShigeru Fujisaki
First Department of Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, 30 1, Oyaguchikamimachi, Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:13-6. 2003..The objective of this study was to evaluate the clinicopathological features of patients with pancreaticobiliary maljunction, which was detected by intraoperative cholangiography in laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Congenital intrahepatic bile duct dilatation is a potentially curable disease: long-term results of a multi-institutional studyJean Yves Mabrut
Department of Abdominal Surgery and Transplantation, Saint Luc University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Ann Surg 246:236-45. 2007..To report clinical presentation, perioperative outcome, and long-term results of surgical management of congenital intrahepatic bile duct (IHBD) dilatations (including Caroli disease) in a multi-institutional setting...
- Assessment of the pancreatic and intrapancreatic bile ducts using 0.5-mm collimation and multiplanar reformatted images in multislice CTShigeki Itoh
Department of Technical Radiology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, 65 Tsurumai cho Showa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Eur Radiol 13:277-85. 2003..The MPR images combined with 0.5-mm axial images improve the CT depiction of the pancreatic and intrapancreatic bile ducts in comparison with 0.5-mm axial, 2-mm axial, and 6-mm axial images alone...
- Pathologic quiz case: a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and an unusual biliary infectionChen Chen
Department of Pathology, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance 90502, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:243-4. 2003
- Mirizzi syndrome: consider endoscopic stone removalJuha M Grönroos
Departments of Surgery and Emergency, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
ANZ J Surg 77:716-7. 2007
- Endoscopic management of traumatic bile leaksAllison Bridges
Pancreaticobiliary Unit, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 65:1081-5. 2007..Traumatic bile leaks often result in prolonged morbidity and an increased length of hospital stay that requires multimodality management. Data on endoscopic management of traumatic bile leaks are scarce...
- Multiplanar reformations and minimum intensity projections using multi-detector row CT for assessing anomalies and disorders of the pancreaticobiliary treeHyun Cheol Kim
Department of Radiology, East West Neo Medical Center, Kyung Hee University, 149 Sangil dong, Gangdong gu, Seoul 134 727, Republic of Korea
World J Gastroenterol 13:4177-84. 2007..This pictorial review illustrates the wide spectrum of images obtained by the MPR and MinIP of the anomalies and disorders of the pancreaticobiliary tree...
- [Atypical presentation of a case of Mirizzi syndrome simulating cholangiocarcinoma]C Sciume
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale, d Urgenza e dei Trapianti d organo, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale ad Indirizzo Toracico
Ann Ital Chir 73:533-7; discussion 537-8. 2002..The authors report their experience in the treatment of a case of Syndrome of Mirizzi (SM) that it simulates a cholangiocarcinoma...
- Percutaneous hepatolithotomy: the Northwestern University experienceRobert B Nadler
Department of Urology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Endourol 16:293-7. 2002....
- Rotational digital cholangiography (RDC) and 3D-cholangiography (3DC) for guidance of percutaneous biliary drainage proceduresH Alfke
Klinik für Strahlendiagnostik, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Rofo 174:1375-9. 2002..To evaluate whether RDC and 3DC help clarifying anatomic details in biliary duct disease and is useful for guidance of drainage procedures...
- Decreasing mortality of bile leaks after elective hepatic surgeryDonald N Reed
Department of Surgery, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI, USA
Am J Surg 185:316-8. 2003..It is associated with significant mortality rates if reoperative management is attempted. We evaluated our experience with aggressive, nonoperative management of postoperative biliary complications...
- Modalities of testing Helicobacter pylori in patients with nonmalignant bile duct diseasesMilutin Bulajic
Department of Internal Medicine, Clinical Center Dr Dragisa Misovic Dedinje, Heroja Milana Tepica 1, 11000 Belgrade, Yugoslavia
World J Gastroenterol 8:301-4. 2002..This paper describes the procedure of detection of Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) in bile specimens in patients suffering from benign diseases of biliary ducts (lithiasis with/without nonspecific cholangitis)...
- Combined laparoscopic and endoscopic treatment for bile duct diseasesMing Fang Qin
Department of Endoscopic Surgery, Nankai Hospital, Tianjin 300100, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 3:284-7. 2004..of laparoscopy, duodenoscopy and choledochoscopy has been accepted as a mini-invasive surgical therapy for bile duct diseases; but either endoscopic or laparoscopic therapy alone is disadvantageous in its narrow indications and in ..
- Site-characteristic expression and induction of trefoil factor family 1, 2 and 3 and malignant brain tumor-1 in normal and diseased intrahepatic bile ducts relates to biliary pathophysiologyMotoko Sasaki
Department of Human Pathology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Liver Int 24:29-37. 2004..In this study, the significance of TFF family and deleted in the malignant brain tumor-1 (DMBT1), a putative receptor of TFF2, in the intrahepatic biliary tree was investigated in normal and diseased livers...
- Expression and localization of ecto-nucleotide pyrophosphatase/phosphodiesterase I-1 (E-NPP1/PC-1) and -3 (E-NPP3/CD203c/PD-Ibeta/B10/gp130(RB13-6)) in inflammatory and neoplastic bile duct diseasesYoshihiko Yano
Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Division of Diabetes, Digestive, and Kidney Diseases, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Cancer Lett 207:139-47. 2004..We investigated the expression and localization of E-NPP1 and -3 in human inflammatory and neoplastic bile duct diseases. Immunohistochemically E-NPP1 was located on the apical cytoplasmic side of cancer cells, whereas E-NPP3 was ..
- [Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) from a radiological and gastroenterological perspective]T J Vogl
Institut für Diagnostische und Interventionelle Radiologie, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 134:1011-4. 2009..MRCP is integrated in the preinterventional concept for performing invasive endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and for follow-up post intervention and for diagnosing complications...
- Transport systems in cholangiocytes: their role in bile formation and cholestasisM Strazzabosco
Instituto di Medicina Interna, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Universita di Padova, Padua, Italy
Yale J Biol Med 70:427-34. 1997..Alterations in biliary electrolyte transport could contribute to the pathogenesis of cholestasis in primary bile duct diseases. Cystic Fibrosis-related liver disease represents an example of biliary cirrhosis secondary to a derangement ..
- [Peroral cholangioscopy]A Marin
Sectia Chirurgie, Spitalul Militar De Urgenta Prof Dr Agrippa Ionescu, Bucuresti
Chirurgia (Bucur) 99:79-85. 2004..cholangioscopy, peroral cholangioscopy have an important role in diagnosis and therapy of common bile duct diseases. In 2001-2002 the authors have perform six peroral cholangioscopy for diagnosis and therapy (nonspecific ..
- MRI for evaluating congenital bile duct abnormalitiesDenis Krause
Radiology Imaging Diagnostic and Therapeutic Department, University Hospital Le Bocage, Dijon, France
J Comput Assist Tomogr 26:541-52. 2002Congenital bile duct diseases consist of ductal plate development abnormalities and are genetically determined...
- [Gastroenterology - accusations and errors in treatment: evaluation of the completed expertise process in internal medicine of the expert committee of North Rhineland for the years 2001 to 2005]B Weber
Gutachterkommission, Arztekammer Nordrhein
Z Gastroenterol 46:766-70. 2008..The most common benign diseases were bile duct diseases (1.5 %), acute appendicitis (1.2 %) and diverticulosis (0...
- The amazing universe of hepatic microstructureValeer J Desmet
Liver Research Unit, Department of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hepatology 50:333-44. 2009..ducts in "ductal plate configuration" in several conditions, including some forms of biliary atresia with poor prognosis and all varieties of fibrocystic bile duct diseases with "ductal plate malformation" as the basic morphologic lesion.
- Biliary cytokeratin expression but not CD56 (N-CAM) expression aids in the differential diagnosis of non-neoplastic bile duct diseasesHans Udo Kasper
Department of Pathology, Medical Center, Clemenshospital Münster, Munster, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 206:669-73. 2010Non-neoplastic bile duct diseases include several entities with a variety of clinical and histopathologic features. In needle biopsies, however, these may overlap. Here, auxiliary diagnostic markers would be helpful...
- [Malignant lymphomas of the liver: new diagnostic algorithms]T Longerich
Pathologisches Institut, Universitatsklinikum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 220 221, 69120, Heidelberg
Pathologe 27:263-72. 2006..The differential diagnosis includes hepatitis and inflammatory bile duct diseases, undifferentiated carcinoma, inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor as well as histiocytic and dendritic cell ..
- An inverse association between serum gamma glutamyl transpeptidase activity and Breslow's Lifestyle Index; its practical application for screening of subjects with unhealthy lifestylesHirokazu Yokoyama
Health Center, Keio University, Japan
J Occup Health 48:198-206. 2006..excluding patients suffering from hepatitis virus infection, autoimmune liver diseases and apparently active bile duct diseases were cross-sectionally examined...
- Orthotopic liver transplantation for cholestatic diseasesW Patkowski
Department of General, Transplant and Liver Surgery, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Hepatogastroenterology 57:605-10. 2010..to the data of the European Liver Transplant Registry (ELTR), liver transplantations (LTx) as a result of bile duct diseases were reported in 12.0% of cases...
- [Liver biopsy in chronic hepatitis C. Histopathology, molecular diagnostic analysis, and implications for therapeutic management]V Dries
Institut fur Pathologie, Universitat zu Koln
Pathologe 22:362-8. 2001..of chronic hepatitis C necessitates awareness of coinciding liver damage by nutritional or drug toxicity, bile duct diseases, and hereditary hemochromatosis...
- [Factors associated to complications of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in a third-level hospital]Angel Quispe-Mauricio
Unité de Formation et de Recherche en Sciences de la Vie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Rev Peru Med Exp Salud Publica 27:201-8. 2010Endoscopic treatment of the bile duct diseases is possible thanks to the ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio pancreatography), nevertheless, it is not free of complications.
- Intraoperative transhepatic biliary catheter insertion technique for biliary reconstruction: early resultsM Haberal
Department of General Surgery, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 39:1184-6. 2007..Intraoperative transhepatic biliary catheter insertion at the back table is a safe means of providing good biliary drainage after liver transplantation...
- Safe delivery of bile duct stones during pregnancyPaul R Tarnasky
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2100-1. 2003
- Secretin-enhanced MR cholangiopancreatography: spectrum of findingsTemel Tirkes
From the Department of Radiology and Clinical Sciences T T, K S, F A, Division of Gastroenterology S S, G A C, and Department of Surgery C M S, Indiana University School of Medicine, 550 N University Blvd, UH0663, Indianapolis, IN 46202 and the Department of Radiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Ala R S
Radiographics 33:1889-906. 2013....
- MR liver imaging and cholangiography in the presence of surgical metallic clips at 1.5 and 3 TeslaElmar M Merkle
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3808, Duke North Room 1417, Erwin Road, Durham, NC, 27710, USA
Eur Radiol 16:2309-16. 2006....
- [Congenital cystic bile duct dilatation: an incidental intraoperative finding]Domenico Martino
Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale, AUSL Bari 4, Presidio Ospedaliero Di Venere, Carbonara, BA
Chir Ital 56:731-4. 2004..Cholangio-MR, and ERCP have proved to be extremely useful for adequate identification of this kind of lesion...
- [Pathology of cholangiocarcinoma]Nathalie Guedj
Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Ann Pathol 30:455-63. 2010..In this chapter, we will describe the different gross features and histological characteristic of CC and will detail the major histopronostic criteria of these tumors...
- Endoscopic approach in diagnosis and treatment of biliary complications after laparoscopic cholecystectomyBohuslav Kianicka
2nd Clinic of Internal Medicine, Department of Gastroenterology, St Anne s University Hospital, Brno, Czech Republic
Hepatogastroenterology 58:275-80. 2011..The aim of this retrospective study is to follow the main parameters such as the success of performing diagnostic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and to determine the effectiveness and morbidity of therapeutic ERCP...
- Evaluation of suspected bile duct injuriesK D Lillemoe
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, 545 Barnhill Drive, EH 203, Indianapolis, IN, 46202 USA
Surg Endosc 20:1638-43. 2006..An appropriate level of suspicion followed by prompt and complete evaluation should result in accurate delineation of the biliary anatomy, which is essential for directing appropriate surgical reconstruction...
- Laser endoscopy for guided biopsy in the bile ductEric J Seibel; Fiscal Year: 2010..will be developed and tested for the purpose of improving the efficiency and accuracy of diagnosing bile duct diseases, especially cancer from benign complications that can mimic this deadly disease...
- Occult Hepatitis BMichael Torbenson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- ASGE Imaging Workshop: Next Generation in Endoscopic ImagingGrace Elta; Fiscal Year: 2008..These improved imaging tools have the potential to allow earlier cancer detection and less invasive treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..