Genomes and Genes
Summary: A vascular tumor preponderantly composed of large dilated blood vessels, often containing large amounts of blood, occurring in the skin, subcutaneously, or both, and also in many viscera, particularly the liver, spleen, pancreas, and sometimes the brain. The typical superficial lesions are bright to dark red in color; deep lesions have a blue color. A cavernous hemangioma in the skin extends more deeply than a capillary hemangioma and is less likely to regress spontaneously. (Dorland, 27th ed; from Stedman, 25th ed)
Publications198 found, 100 shown here
- Cavernous hemangioma of the tympanic membrane and external ear canalGiuseppe Magliulo
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Audiology and Phoniatrics G Ferreri, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Am J Otolaryngol 28:180-3. 2007The aims of this study are to document the occurrence of a cavernous hemangioma of the tympanic membrane (TM) and external auditory canal (EAC) that invaded the middle ear spaces and to review the relevant literature.
- Cavernous hemangioma of the external ear canalJay B Reeck
Division of Otology, Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery, Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Veterans Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
Laryngoscope 112:1750-2. 2002To document the occurrence of a cavernous hemangioma of the external ear canal and to review the relevant literature. STUDY DESIGN Case report and literature review.
- Cavernous hemangioma of the renal hilum presenting as an avascularized solid massGuido Virgili
Department of Urology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Casilino Hospital, Rome, Italy
Urol Int 71:325-8. 2003..We report a case of cavernous hemangioma presenting as a solid, paradoxically avascular mass of the right renal hilum.
- Intramuscular cavernous hemangiomaLora Melman
Department of Surgery, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO, USA
Am J Surg 195:816-7. 2008..Phleboliths on radiograph are a specific finding for cavernous hemangioma. Definitive treatment of this condition is surgical excision.
- A case of cavernous hemangioma in which malignancy was preoperatively excluded by FDG-PETShigeaki Higashiyama
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Osaka City University, Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahimachi, Abeno Ku, Osaka, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 22:327-30. 2008..Although the mass appeared to be a cavernous hemangioma, malignancy could not be ruled out...
- Sonography, CT, and MRI of giant cavernous hemangioma of the kidney: correlation with pathologic findingsRemy W F Geenen
Department of Radiology, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2040, Rotterdam, 3000 CA, The Netherlands
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:411-4. 2004
- Cavernous hemangioma of the third cranial nerve: case reportEyal Itshayek
Department of Neurosurgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Neurosurgery 61:E653; discussion E653. 2007The authors report a rare case of a cavernous hemangioma (CH) involving the third cranial nerve.
- [Testicular cavernous hemangioma associated with intrascrotal testicular torsion: a case report]Tomonori Minagawa
Department of Urology, Azumino Red Cross Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 55:161-3. 2009..The histopathological diagnosis was testicular cavernous hemangioma. To our knowledge, only 20 cases of cavernous hemangioma of the testis have been reported to date, and this ..
- Diffuse cavernous hemangioma of the uterus in a pregnant woman: report of a rare case and review of literatureRenu K Virk
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Massachusetts, Biotech Three, One Innovation Drive, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:603-5. 2009Diffuse cavernous hemangioma of the uterus in pregnant woman is an extremely rare condition. A total of eight cases have been described in the literature till date. The antenatal diagnosis as well as management requires considerable skill...
- Cavernous hemangioma arising from the gastro-splenic ligament: a case reportKin Fah Chin
Department of Surgery, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
World J Gastroenterol 15:3831-3. 2009..A histological diagnosis of cavernous hemangioma arising from the gastro-splenic ligament was confirmed after laparoscopic excision and histological ..
- Cavernous hemangioma mimicking a cystic renal cell carcinomaEi Ichiro Takaoka
Department of Urology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaragi, 305 8575, Japan
Int J Clin Oncol 13:166-8. 2008..The pathological diagnosis was cavernous hemangioma of the left kidney...
- Mediastinal cavernous hemangioma in a child: report of a caseJun Hanaoka
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shiga National Hospital, Gochi cho, Youkaichi 527 8505, Japan
Surg Today 32:985-8. 2002We present herein a rare case of mediastinal cavernous hemangioma in a 5-year-old boy. The patient was referred to our hospital for an evaluation of cough and high fever...
- Diffuse cavernous hemangioma of the rectosigmoid colon with extraintestinal involvementOmer Topalak
Department of Gastroenterology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 17:308-12. 2006b>Cavernous hemangioma of the colon is a rare cause of gastrointestinal bleeding. These lesions can be encountered as solitary, multiple, or part of a more complex syndrome with cutaneous manifestations...
- Orbital cavernous hemangioma with bone erosionJianhua Yan
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, 54 Xieli Nan Road, Guangzhou, 510060, People s Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1534-5. 2006To report a rare computed tomography (CT) feature in one case of orbital cavernous hemangioma (OCH).
- Intraosseous cavernous hemangioma of the frontal boneKhaled Nasser
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 47:506-8. 2007A 32-year-old man presented with a primary intraosseous cavernous hemangioma manifesting as a small painless swelling of the right forehead. Radiography revealed a radiolucent osteolytic lesion in the right frontal region...
- Large cavernous hemangioma of the frontal boneSeref Dogan
Department of Neurosurgery, Uludag University School of Medicine, Bursa, Turkey
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 45:264-7. 2005A 53-year-old woman presented with a rare case of cavernous hemangioma of the frontal bone manifesting as right frontal stabbing headache and local swelling...
- Exophytic giant cavernous hemangioma of the liver with growing tendencyTakayuki Masui
Department of Radiology, Seirei Hamamatsu General Hospital, Shizuoka, Japan
Radiat Med 23:121-4. 2005..We report a case of exophytic hemangioma of the liver with a growing tendency, demonstrated using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) combined with angiography...
- Adrenal cavernous haemangiomaH A Heis
Department of Surgery, King Abdullah University Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid 22110, Jordan
Singapore Med J 49:e236-7. 2008..The risks of haemorrhage, necrosis and thrombosis impose in the majority of cases surgical excision, particularly in tumours more than 3 cm in diameter...
- A rare coexistence of adrenal cavernous hemangioma with extramedullar hemopoietic tissue: a case report and brief review of the literatureNikolaos Arkadopoulos
2nd Department of Surgery, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens University School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
World J Surg Oncol 7:13. 2009..Cavernous hemangiomas of the adrenal gland are rare, benign, non-functioning neoplastic tumors. To our knowledge, 55 cases have been reported in the literature to date...
- Imaging of a small bowel cavernous hemangioma: report of a case with emphasis on the use of computed tomography and enteroclysisAntonella Corsi
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Radiology, University of Parma, Italy
Acta Biomed 78:139-43. 2007..We describe a case of a jejunum cavernous hemangioma detected by computed tomography (CT) and barium studies...
- Minimally invasive adrenalectomy for incidentally discovered cavernous hemangiomaGiuseppe Nigri
Department of Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, II School of Medicine, St Andrea Hospital, Rome, Italy
Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol 17:255-8. 2008..This paper reports the only case of a large cavernous hemangioma removed with transperitoneal laparoscopic adrenalectomy and reviews the literature.
- Spontaneous subacute intratumoral hemorrhage of hepatic cavernous hemangiomaK Shimoji
Department of Radiology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 3 1 3 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8431, Japan
Abdom Imaging 29:443-5. 2004We report a case of giant hepatic cavernous hemangioma associated with spontaneous subacute intratumoral hemorrhage...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the bony external auditory canalTsung Han Yang
Department of Otolaryngology, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 134:890-1. 2006
- Gigantic cavernous hemangioma of the liver treated by intra-arterial embolization with pingyangmycin-lipiodol emulsion: a multi-center studyQingle Zeng
Department of Interventional Radiology, Nanfang Hospital, Tonghe, Guangzhou, 510515, P R China
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 27:481-5. 2004To evaluate the therapeutic effect and safety of pingyangmycin-lipiodol emulsion (PLE) intra-arterial embolization for treating gigantic cavernous hemangioma of the liver (CHL).
- Cavernous hemangioma of the skull: 3 case reportsOkacha Naama
Department of Neurosurgery, Mohammed V Military Hospital, Rabat 56987, Morocco
Surg Neurol 70:654-9. 2008..7% to 1% of all bone neoplasms. The vertebral column is most often affected, followed by the skull. Calvarial cavernous hemangioma is rare, comprising about 0.2% of all benign neoplasms of the skull.
- Technetium tc 99m-labeled red blood cells in the preoperative diagnosis of cavernous hemangioma and other vascular orbital tumorsEnnio Polito
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 123:1678-83. 2005To evaluate technetium Tc 99m (99mTc) red blood cell scintigraphy as a diagnostic tool for orbital cavernous hemangioma and to differentiate between orbital masses on the basis of their vascularization.
- Cavernous hemangioma of the parietal bone. A case reportA Ajja
Departement of Neurosurgery, Mohammed V Military Hospital, Rabat, Morocco
J Neurosurg Sci 49:159-62; discussion 162. 2005..The postoperative course was uneventful. Histological study revealed a cavernous hemangioma of the diploe...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the breast: mammographic and sonographic findings and follow-up in a patient receiving hormone-replacement therapyBenoit Mesurolle
Department of Radiology, Cedar Breast Center, McGill University, Royal Victoria Hospital, 687 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A1, Canada
J Clin Ultrasound 31:430-6. 2003..The histopathologic diagnosis was typical cavernous hemangioma. It was not excised, but HRT was discontinued...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the skull: surgical treatment without craniectomyIlya M Nasrallah
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosurg Pediatr 4:575-9. 2009The authors report the case of a large cranial cavernous hemangioma that was treated using embolization and craniotomy with preservation of the outer cranial table. A 3-year follow-up demonstrated no recurrence...
- Overexpressed Derlin-1 inhibits ER expansion in the endothelial cells derived from human hepatic cavernous hemangiomaDong Hu
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Cancer Institute and Cancer Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, 100021, P R China
J Biochem Mol Biol 39:677-85. 2006..this report, we showed that Derlin-1 was down-regulated in the endothelial cells derived from human hepatic cavernous hemangioma (CHEC) compared with other tested cells...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the thyroidA Rios
Department of General and Digestive Surgery l, Virgen de la Arrixaca University Hospital, El Palmar, Murcia, Spain
Thyroid 11:279-80. 2001..b>Cavernous hemangioma is a benign congenital vascular malformation that occasionally affects the thyroid...
- The role of Tc-99m RBC scintigraphy in the differential diagnosis of orbital cavernous hemangiomaE Sayit
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Celal Bayar University, School of Medicine, Manisa, Turkey
Ann Nucl Med 15:149-51. 2001The cavernous hemangioma is the most common benign orbital tumor in adults. Its presentation is during the forth to fifth decades with a slowly progressive unilateral proptosis...
- Neuroradiological features of intraosseous cavernous hemangioma--case reportY Suzuki
Department of Neurosurgery, SECOMEDIC Hospital, Funabashi, Chiba
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 41:279-82. 2001..The lesion was subtotally removed. Histological examination suggested cavernous hemangioma. Preoperative examinations could not provide a definitive diagnosis, which was established by the operative ..
- Retroperitoneal hemorrhage secondary to a ruptured cavernous hemangiomaThomas L Forbes
Division of Vascular Surgery, London Health Sciences Centre and The University of Western Ontario, London, Ont
Can J Surg 48:78-9. 2005
- A case of adrenal cavernous hemangioma presenting with progressive enlargement and apparent hormonal hypersecretionAlvin Choong Meng Ng
Department of Endocrinology, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608
Endocr Pract 14:104-8. 2008To report the case of a man with an adrenal cavernous hemangioma presenting as a progressively enlarging adrenal mass with apparent hormonal hypersecretion.
- Cavernous hemangioma of the ribKatsuhiko Shimizu
Department of Surgical Oncology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 74:932-4. 2002..The mass was pathologically diagnosed as cavernous hemangioma of the rib. This is the fourth case of this rare disease to be reported...
- Familial cavernous hemangioma: An expanding ocular spectrumD Sarraf
Jules Stein Eye Institute, 100 Stein Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 118:969-73. 2000..To describe the clinical and genetic findings in a family with multiple cases of cavernous hemangiomas...
- Laparoscopic resection of giant adrenal cavernous hemangiomaDana A Telem
The Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, New York, USA
JSLS 13:260-2. 2009..Large adrenal tumors were initially believed to be a relative contraindication to laparoscopic adrenalectomy...
- Morphologic, phenotypic and functional characteristics of endothelial cells derived from human hepatic cavernous hemangiomaWen Jian Zhang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Peking, People s Republic of China
J Vasc Res 43:522-32. 2006..In this study, the characteristics of cavernous hemangioma endothelial cells (CHECs) derived from the human liver were analyzed in terms of morphology, phenotype and ..
- Epidural spinal cavernous hemangiomaR Padolecchia
Section of Neuroradiology, Santa Chiara Hospital, Pisa University, Italy
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1136-40. 1998STUDY DESIGN: Five cases of epidural spinal cavernous hemangioma submitted to magnetic resonance imaging and surgery were reviewed...
- A splice-site mutation in CCM1/KRIT1 is associated with retinal and cerebral cavernous hemangiomaAnna S Kitzmann
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ophthalmic Genet 27:157-9. 2006To report a case of a unilateral retinal cavernous hemangioma associated with a novel splice-site mutation in CCM1/KRIT1.
- Frequency of retinal cavernomas in 60 patients with familial cerebral cavernomas: a clinical and genetic studyPierre Labauge
Department of Neurology, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Montpellier Nîmes, Montpellier, France
Arch Ophthalmol 124:885-6. 2006..To define the frequency of retinal lesions in a large panel of patients with familial cerebral cavernomas and to screen the cerebral cavernous malformation genes in patients with cerebral and retinal lesions...
- Multiple-electrode radiofrequency ablation of symptomatic hepatic cavernous hemangiomaJ Louis Hinshaw
Department of Radiology, University of Wisconsin, 600 Highland Ave, E3 311 CSC, Madison, WI 53792, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:W146-9. 2007
- Sclerosed hemangioma and sclerosing cavernous hemangioma of the liver: a comparative clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study with emphasis on the role of mast cells in their histogenesisHala R Makhlouf
Department of Hepatic and Gastrointestinal Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Liver 22:70-8. 2002..Sclerosed hemangiomas of the liver are rare. To date, their histopathology, immunohistochemistry, and the role of mast cells (MC) in their histogenesis have not been systematically studied...
- Differentiation of cavernous hemangioma from schwannoma of the orbit: a dynamic MRI studyAtsuo Tanaka
Department of Clinical Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Maidashi 3 1 1, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1799-804. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the capability of dynamic contrast MRI to differentiate hemangioma from schwannoma of the orbit...
- A novel KRIT1/CCM1 truncating mutation in a patient with cerebral and retinal cavernous angiomasSophie Laberge Le Couteulx
Faculté de Médecine Lariboisiere, Laboratoire de Génétique des Maladies Vasculaires, 10 Avenue de Verdun, EPI 99 21, 75010 Paris, Cedex, France
Arch Ophthalmol 120:217-8. 2002
- Cavernous hemangioma of the liver with giant cyst formation: degeneration by apoptosis?K Hanazaki
Second Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 16:352-5. 2001b>Cavernous hemangioma of the liver with cyst formation is a very rare condition. A case of cavernous hemangioma of the liver with unilocular giant cyst formation undergoing surgical removal is reported...
- Transcatheter arterial embolization in the treatment of symptomatic cavernous hemangiomas of the liver: a prospective studyD N Srivastava
Department of Radiodiagnosis, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Abdom Imaging 26:510-4. 2001..However, in one patient, the tumor significantly regressed in size after embolization. CONCLUSION: TAE of hepatic cavernous hemangioma is a useful procedure in the therapy of symptomatic hemangiomas.
- Huge cavernous hemangioma arising in a male breastSatoki Kinoshita
Department of Surgery, Jikei University, Kashiwa Hospital, 163 1 Kashiwashita, Kashiwa City, Chiba 277 8567, Japan
Breast Cancer 12:231-3. 2005We report a rare case of a huge cavernous hemangioma arising in a male breast. A 60-year-old man first noticed 1 x 2 cm elastic hard nodule just below his right nipple ten years previously. It enlarged 5 x 5 cm over six years...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the rib diagnosed preoperatively by percutaneous needle biopsyHaruhiko Nakamura
Department of Chest Surgery, Atami Hospital, International University of Health and Welfare, 13 1 Higashikaigan cho, Atami, Shizuoka, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:134-7. 2007..We emphasize the value of preoperative needle biopsy in determining the most suitable treatment for these rib tumors...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the orbit: analysis of 214 casesJianhua Yan
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Section of Ocular Oncology and Orbital Disease, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Orbit 23:33-40. 2004The records of all patients with orbital cavernous hemangioma managed at Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat-sen University from Jan. 1, 1986 to Dec. 31, 2000 (n = 214) were reviewed retrospectively...
- Cavernous hemangioma of the pancreas: report of a caseWen Tsan Chang
Department of Surgery Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Pancreas 26:310-2. 2003
- [Carpal tunnel syndrome due to a cavernous hemangioma of the median nerve]Haluk H Oztekin
Karşiyaka Devlet Hastanesi Ortopedi ve Travmatoloji Kliniği
Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc 37:170-2. 2003..The mass was removed by epineural resection and the patient's complaints disappeared after a while. During a six-year follow-up no recurrences were detected...
- Large renal cavernous hemangioma with renal vein thrombosis: case report and review of literatureXiaokun Zhao
Department of Urology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University School of Medicine, Xiangya, People s Republic of China
Urology 73:443.e1-3. 2009Kidney cavernous hemangiomas are rare. Renal cavernous hemangioma complicated by secondary chronic thrombosis of the renal vein has not been previously reported...
- [MR image of multiple intracranial cavernous angioma: the usefulness of gradient-echo MR image]Mitsuo Sato
No To Shinkei 55:172-3. 2003
- Extradural lumbosacral cavernous hemangiomaIsmail H Tekkok
Department of Neurosurgery, Mersin University School of Medicine, Mersin, Turkey
Eur Spine J 13:469-73. 2004..b>Cavernous hemangioma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of an enhancing extradural periradicular mass causing ..
- Craniofacial cavernous hemangioma: succesful treatment with methylprednisoloneLyubomir A Dourmishev
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, Medical University of Sofia, 1 St George Sofiiskyi Str, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria
Acta Dermatovenerol Alp Panonica Adriat 14:49-52. 2005..A 7-month-old female infant with extended cavernous hemangioma on the left part of forehead, face,and neck which appeared 15 days after birth is presented...
- Thalamic cavernous angioma: paraculminar supracerebellar infratentorial transtentorial approach for the safe and complete surgical removalN Otani
Department of Neurosurgery, Zurich University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Acta Neurochir Suppl 103:29-36. 2008..We describe the advantage of the paraculminar supracerebellar approach to the lesions in the brainstem...
- Cavernous hemangioma presenting as Budd-Chiari syndromeDean Y Kim
Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI, USA
J Am Coll Surg 200:470-1. 2005
- A diagnostic pitfall: Angiosarcoma of the brain mimicking cavernous angiomaAkira Matsuno
Department of Neurosurgery, Teikyo University Ichihara Hospital, Ichihara City, Chiba, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 12:688-91. 2005....
- A T1 hyperintense perilesional signal aids in the differentiation of a cavernous angioma from other hemorrhagic massesT J Yun
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 29:494-500. 2008..The purpose of this work was to retrospectively determine whether an MR sign of T1 hyperintense perilesional signal intensity is useful for the differentiation of cavernous angioma from other hemorrhagic cerebral masses...
- Treatment and long-term outcome of patients with orbital cavernomasM Lazar
Am J Ophthalmol 139:753; author reply 753. 2005
- Treatment and long-term outcome of patients with orbital cavernomasMario Goisis
Am J Ophthalmol 139:750-1; author reply 751. 2005
- Treatment and long-term outcome of patients with orbital cavernomasRobert Alan Goldberg
Am J Ophthalmol 139:749-50; author reply 750. 2005
- Treatment and long-term outcome of patients with orbital cavernomasAlan A McNab
Am J Ophthalmol 139:751-2; author reply 752. 2005
- Giant cavernous angioma of the temporal lobe: a case report and review of the literatureF Gelal
Acta Radiol 46:310-3. 2005....
- Recurrent multiple cavernous hemangiomas of the orbit in association with systemic tumorsVanessa Limawararut
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 141:943-5. 2006..To report the clinical findings and management of multiple, recurrent cavernous hemangiomas of the orbit in a patient with concurrent liver involvement...
- [Acute headache in a case of cerebral cavernomas]N Schwarz
Notfallzentrum Medizin, Inselspital Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 96:775-8. 2007..The risk for an ischemic stroke under atrial fibrillation (5-20%), for example, is higher than the risk for bleeding of a cerebral cavernoma under anticoagulation therapy...
- Endoscopic treatment of benign tumors of the nose and paranasal sinuses: a report of 33 casesVittorio Sciarretta
Ear, Nose, and Throat Department, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am J Rhinol 20:64-71. 2006..The endoscopic approach can be used successfully for the treatment of benign tumors such as fibroosseous and vascular lesions, pleomorphic adenoma, glioma, meningioma, and schwannoma...
- Rapid development of amputation neuroma following excision of an orbital cavernous hemangiomaHayyam Kiratli
Department of Ophthalmology, Ocular Oncology Service, Hacettepe University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 22:71-3. 2006..underwent medial transconjunctival orbitotomy for an excisional biopsy of a posteromedial orbital cavernous hemangioma. The left eye once again became proptotic and painful only 5 weeks later because of a more anteriorly ..
- A case report of facial nerve hemangiomaTakenori Miyashita
Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 34:519-22. 2007..The tumor was totally removed by the middle cranial fossa approach. At the time of surgery the facial nerve was destroyed by the tumor in the geniculate ganglion. Histopathological examination diagnosed a hemangioma...
- Frameless image-guided neuronavigation in orbital surgery: practical applicationsNedal Hejazi
Department of Neurosurgery, Landeskrankenhaus Feldkirch, Academic Hospital of the University of Innsbruck, Feldkirch, Austria
Neurosurg Rev 29:118-22. 2006..The use of the navigation clearly reduces the operative risk and increases the effectiveness of microsurgical orbital procedures...
- Transcatheter arterial chemoembolization in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and coexisting hepatic cavernous hemangiomaRan Chou Chen
Department of Radiology, Taipei City Hospital Renai Branch, No 10, Sec 4, Jen Ai Road, 106 Taipei, Taiwan
Eur Radiol 16:1346-50. 2006..There is no complication caused by the procedures. The differentiation of small hepatic hemangiomas from viable HCC is important in the post-TACE follow-up to avoid unnecessary repeated embolization...
- Education and imaging. Hepatobiliary and pancreatic: calcified cavernous hemangiomas in the liverN Toshikuni
Department of Internal Medicine, Himeji Red Cross Hospital, Shimoteno, Himeji, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:1626. 2006
- Cystic cavernous malformation of the cerebellopontine angle. Case illustrationCharles B Stevenson
Department of Neurological Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2380, USA
J Neurosurg 103:931. 2005
- Parkinsonism caused by cavernoma located in basal ganglionSibel Ertan
Department of Neurology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 11:517-9. 2005..Our case indicates that chronic compression and continuous hemorrhage could cause Parkinsonism, which is uncommon symptom of cavernous angioma...
- [A case of cavernous angioma at the septum pellucidum]Ayumi Narisawa
Neurosurgery, Ohara Medical Center, Ohara General Hospital
No Shinkei Geka 35:53-8. 2007..Surgical resection should be considered to confirm the histopathology, in particular if bleeding and hydrocephalus are present...
- Cavernous haemangioma presenting with obstructive hydrocephalusK J Bulluss
Centre for Clinical Neuroscience and Neurological Research and Department of Radiology, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 12:660-3. 2005..This article describes a series of patients with deep cavernous haemangiomas who have presented with acute hydrocephalus. The diagnosis and treatment options are discussed with a review of the literature...
- Cerebral cavernomas and seizures: a retrospective study on 163 patients who underwent pure lesionectomyP Ferroli
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 26:390-4. 2006....
- Endoscopic approach to orbital apex lesionsAngelo Tsirbas
Department of Ophthalmology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia Presbyterian Center, New York, New York, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 21:271-5. 2005..To examine the role of transnasal and transantral endoscopic surgical approaches in the management of apical orbital lesions...
- Multiple hepatic hemangiomas with fluid-fluid levelsJ Lee
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Guro Hospital of Korea University, Guro2 Dong, Guro Ku, Seoul, Korea
Australas Radiol 51:B310-2. 2007..We describe the imaging features of multiple hepatic haemangiomas with fluid-fluid levels, which was pathologically proven with ultrasonography guided biopsy...
- [Diagnosis and surgical management of 209 cases of orbital cavernous hemangioma]Zhong yao Wu
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 42:323-5. 2006To study the clinical features, preoperative diagnosis and surgical choice of orbital cavernous hemangioma.
- [Tumors of the rectum: MRI and CT features]P Rousset
Service de Radiologie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 184, rue du Faubourg Saint Antoine, 75 012 Paris
J Radiol 88:1679-87. 2007..The imaging features of rectal tumors on CT and MRI are reviewed. MRI is the imaging modality of choice for loco-regional staging, and may provide clues as to the histological nature of some tumors...
- Surgical treatment of intracranial cavernous angiomasA Attar
School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
J Clin Neurosci 8:235-9. 2001..The rationale for neurologic differential diagnosis and surgical treatment and follow up results are discussed...
- Clinical experience of hepatic hemangioma undergoing hepatic resectionHsiu Pei Tsai
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 48:916-20. 2003..This study reviewed 43 patients with cavernous hemangioma of the liver who underwent hepatic resection from 1984 to 2000...
- Atypical liver hemangioma with shunt: long-term follow-upAkira Tanaka
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kyoto University Hospital, Kyoto Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:750-4. 2002With a cavernous hemangioma the vascular space does not form an anastomosis, and the blood flow is slow. In contrast, several atypical hemangiomas, including those with shunt formation, have been recently recognized...
- Management of optic neuropathy from an apical orbital-cavernous sinus hemangioma with radiotherapyDamrong Wiwatwongwana
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Orbit 27:219-21. 2008We document a case of reversal of compressive optic neuropathy caused by a cavernous sinus-orbital cavernous hemangioma following treatment by conformal stereotactic radiotherapy.
- Surgical sectors of the orbit: using the lower fornix approach for large, medial intraconal tumorsGerald J Harris
Section of Orbital and Opthalmic Plastic Surgery, Department of Opthalmology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 18:349-54. 2002..Large tumors in the medial intraconal sector pose particular problems of access, exposure, and removal without functional compromise. We report the use of the lower fornix approach for excision of large tumors in this high-risk sector...
- Extra-axial cavernomas of the cerebellopontine angle involving the seventh-eighth nerve complexEtem Beskonakli
Department of Neurosurgery, Numune Research and Education Hospital, Mertler sokak 41 6, Bestepe, 06510 Ankara, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 25:222-4. 2002..We describe here two additional cases of cavernomas in the cerebellopontine angle causing hearing loss and tinnitus presenting as vestibular schwannoma...
- Multiple cavernomas of brain presenting with simultaneous hemorrhage in two lesions: a case reportAmitabha Chanda
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Surg Neurol 57:340-4; discussion 334-5. 2002..Although multiple cavernomas have been described in the literature, simultaneous bleeding in two different lesions is rare...
- Bilateral multifocal hemangiomas of the orbit in the blue rubber bleb nevus syndromeEli L Chang
Ophthalmic Plastic, Orbital and Cosmetic Surgery Service, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, 243 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ophthalmology 109:537-41. 2002....
- Multiple cavernous haemangioma showing marked calcification on cranial radiographyN Hagiwara
Department of Neurology, Komoro Kousei General Hospital, Yoramachi 3 2 31, Komoro, Nagano, 384 8588, Japan
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 72:410. 2002
- Pineal apoplexy due to massive hemorrhage associated with cavernous angioma: case reportS Kobayashi
Department of Neurosurgery, Gunma University School of Medicine, Gunma, Japan
Surg Neurol 55:365-71. 2001..We recommend total removal of the causative lesion in cases of pineal apoplexy to prevent repeated bleeding or life-threatening massive hemorrhage...
- Hepatic capsular retraction: unusual finding of cavernous hemangiomaS H Lee
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Korea University Guro Hospital, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Comput Assist Tomogr 25:231-3. 2001..Pathologic examination revealed fibrosis combined with hemangioma, especially in a subcapsular location, which was responsible for the capsular retraction...
- [Cavernous angiomas of the brain stem: auditory and vestibular manifestations]G Dumas
C.H.U. Grenoble, Clinique ORL, BP 217, F-38043 Grenoble, France
Rev Laryngol Otol Rhinol (Bord) 122:103-10. 2001....
- Implicit word cues facilitate impaired naming performance: evidence from a case of anomiaC Avila
, Universitat Jaume I, , Spain
Brain Lang 79:185-200. 2001....
- Dural cavernous angioma: a preoperative diagnostic challengeDominic Rosso
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 30:272-7. 2003..Preoperative diagnosis can be difficult when angiomas show atypical features and share imaging characteristics with other entities...
- Transconjunctival orbitotomy for orbital cavernous hemangiomasJin Wei Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology, Second Affiliated Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Can J Ophthalmol 43:234-8. 2008..Less traumatic approaches in this functionally and cosmetically important region are desirable. We describe a transconjunctival approach in 39 patients with orbital cavernous hemangiomas...
- [Differential diagnosis of intraconal orbital masses using high-resolution MRI with surface coils in 78 patients]A J Lemke
Universitatsklinikum Charite, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Klinik fur Strahlenheilkunde
Rofo 176:1436-46. 2004..Over the last decade, MRI has become the standard procedure for the diagnosis of orbital masses. Purpose of the study was to evaluate criteria for differential diagnosis for intraconal masses on MRI in a large patient group...
- Radiographic features of tumefactive giant cavernous angiomasP Kan
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:49-55; discussion 55. 2008..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the radiographic features of GCAs, with an emphasis on the differentiating features from neoplastic lesions...
- Capsular retraction in hepatic giant hemangioma: CT and MR featuresD M Yang
Department of Radiology, Gachon Medical College, Gil Medical Center, 1198, Kuwol-Dong, Namdong-Ku, Incheon, South Korea
Abdom Imaging 26:36-8. 2001..Our cases show that the retraction of the liver capsule adjacent to the tumor is not a finding specific to malignant hepatic tumors but can also be observed in benign hepatic tumors...
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..
- Hydrocephalus, Intracranial Pressure and NeurocognitionDavid Frim; Fiscal Year: 2006..At the study conclusion, derived data should also practically affect the surgical choice of shunting products. ..
- KU Center for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's DiseaseRajesh Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- KU Center for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's DiseaseRajesh Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..
- Electrical, Molecular and Clinical Correlates of Human Interictal SpikingJEFFREY LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- KU Center for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's DiseaseRajesh Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Activity-Dependent Gene Expression in Human EpilepsyJEFFREY LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Electrical, Molecular and Clinical Correlates of Human Interictal SpikingJEFFREY LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Soluble Neuregulins in Neuromuscular and Peripheral Nerve DevelopmentJeffrey A Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our studies also test a more general 'targeting'system we invented that effectively delivers therapeutics to specific cell types through their unique heparan sulfate composition. ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Electrical, Molecular and Clinical Correlates of Human Interictal SpikingJeffrey A Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Activity-Dependent Gene Expression in Human EpilepsyJEFFREY LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Hydrocephalus, Intracranial Pressure and NeurocognitionDavid Frim; Fiscal Year: 2005..At the study conclusion, derived data should also practically affect the surgical choice of shunting products. ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- CHRONOBIOLOGY OF PARTIAL EPILEPSYMark Quigg; Fiscal Year: 2002..In summary, these studies will provide insight into the chronoblological factors that facilitate partial seizure expression and may provide new perspectives into treatments for poorly controlled partial epilepsy. ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2002..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- KU Center for Neuroprotection in Parkinson's DiseaseRajesh Pahwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..The University of Kansas Parkinson's Disease Center is willing and dedicated to adhere to a common protocol and to cooperate with other centers and NINDS in the conduct of both pilot studies and the main efficacy study. ..
- Activity-Dependent Gene Expression in Human EpilepsyJEFFREY LOEB; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- Hydrocephalus, Intracranial Pressure and NeurocognitionDavid Frim; Fiscal Year: 2003..At the study conclusion, derived data should also practically affect the surgical choice of shunting products. ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander Simon; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..
- Hydrocephalus, Intracranial Pressure and NeurocognitionDavid Frim; Fiscal Year: 2004
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTKeith Rasmussen; Fiscal Year: 2005
- Activity-Dependent Gene Expression in Human EpilepsyJeffrey A Loeb; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..