Genomes and Genes
Summary: Neoplasms located in vascular tissue or specific veins. They are differentiated from NEOPLASMS, VASCULAR TISSUE which are neoplasms composed of vascular tissue, such as ANGIOFIBROMA or HEMANGIOMA.
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaSuhaila Ameeri
Department of Pathology, Toronto Medical Laboratories, Toronto General Hospital/University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Pathol 15:171-3. 2006..They are generally recognized to be of smooth muscle cell origin. Surgical resection is the treatment of choice. The role of adjuvant therapy for leiomyosarcoma is not established...
- Chronic DLL4 blockade induces vascular neoplasmsMinhong Yan
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 463:E6-7. 2010..Here we show that chronic DLL4 blockade causes pathological activation of endothelial cells, disrupts normal organ homeostasis and induces vascular tumours, raising important safety concerns...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 casesEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:289-95. 2006..Although surgical resection combined with chemotherapy is usually not curative, it can achieve reasonably long-term survival. We recommend aggressive operative management using the latest vascular surgery and oncology techniques...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: survival after aggressive managementHiromichi Ito
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3534-41. 2007..Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is exceedingly rare. The role of adjuvant therapy remains undefined. This study evaluated outcomes after aggressive management...
- Intimal angiosarcoma of the aorta: report of a case and review of the literatureAndreas Thalheimer
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 40:548-53. 2004....
- Intimal sarcoma of the descending aortaShapour Shirani
Department of Radiology, Tehran Heart Center, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Arch Iran Med 10:253-4. 2007..Magnetic resonance imaging also showed an irregular tumor (invasion to the left main bronchus). This case emphasizes the need for a wide panel of immunohistochemical studies in tumor emboli of unknown origin...
- Intimal-type primary sarcoma of the thoracic aorta: an unusual case presenting with left arm embolizationGiulio Pompilio
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Milan, Centro Cardiologico Monzino Foundation IRCCS, Via Parea 4, 20138 Milano, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:574-6. 2002..A case of intimal-type primary sarcoma of the thoracic aorta with unusual left arm embolization is reported...
- Epithelioid hemangioendothelioma of the radial arteryPatrizio Castelli
Postgraduate School in Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Insubria, 21100, Varese, Italy
J Vasc Surg 41:151-4. 2005..He had a complete resection of the tumor and of the segment of radial artery involved. The histologic examination revealed an intravascular EHE, with low mitotic index and with insufficient histologic anormalities...
- Successful treatment of pulmonary artery sarcoma by a two-drug combination chemotherapy consisting of ifosfamide and epirubicinAkiko Uchida
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Respiratory Medicine Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 35:417-9. 2005..Surgical resection is currently the most hopeful treatment for pulmonary artery sarcoma. However, intensive chemotherapy is worth trying in unresectable patients...
- Intimal sarcoma of the thoracic aorta; clinical-course and autopsy findingKenji Akiyama
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:135-8. 2005..The pathological finding was of a primary intimal sarcoma. The patient lived for more than two years excluding the hospitalized period after the diagnosis...
- Gains of 12q13-14 and overexpression of mdm2 are frequent findings in intimal sarcomas of the pulmonary arteryB Bode-Lesniewska
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
Virchows Arch 438:57-65. 2001..A majority of tumors show a consistent genetic alteration (gains and amplifications in the 12q13-14 region) and overexpression of mdm2, implicating the mdm2/p53 pathway as a possible mechanism in the tumor pathogenesis...
- The rupture of descending thoracic aorta due to the necrosis of aortic intimal sarcomaMutsuo Tanaka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sakakibara Heart Institute, Fuchu si, Tokyo, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:462-3. 2010..The patient developed a local recurrence and abdominal dissemination of the tumor three months after surgery. We report the case and discuss about the diagnosis and treatment of thoracic aortic intimal sarcoma...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with intracardiac extension: a report of two casesLei Yu
Department of Cardiac Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, PR China
J Card Surg 26:56-60. 2011..In this report, we describe two women with leiomyomatosis originating from the uterus and extending into the inferior vena cava to the right ventricle that was successfully resected using a two-stage approach. ..
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with extension to the heart: echocardiographic features: a case reportBer Ren Fang
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, and Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taiwan, Republic of China
Angiology 58:376-9. 2007..She recovered well. Repeat magnetic resonance imaging 6 months following the second operation showed that the inferior vena cava and right atrium were clear of tumor...
- A case of intravenous leiomyomatosis with high levels of hyaluronanChizuko Yaguchi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamastu, Shizuoka, 433 3192, Japan
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 36:454-8. 2010..IVL has viscoelastic properties and contains a large amount of hyaluronan, which may promote invasion during pathogenesis...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis of the uterus: a clinicopathologic study of 18 cases, with emphasis on early diagnosis and appropriate treatment strategiesJing Du
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Cancer Hospital, Tianjin Medical, University, Tianjin 300070, PR China
Hum Pathol 42:1240-6. 2011..It is important to adequately sample all uterine leiomyomas and carefully examine the soft tissue on either side of the lower uterine segment below the peritoneal reflection to identify early-stage intravenous leiomyomatosis...
- Liver resection with portal vein thrombectomy for hepatocellular carcinoma with vascular invasionLuca Aldrighetti
Department of Surgery Liver Unit, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1254. 2009..In surgically resected series, in patients with gross PVTT (PVTT in the portal trunk, its first-order branch, or its second-order branch), the 3-year and 5-year survival rates are reportedly 15% to 28% and 0% to 17%, respectively...
- Should the inferior vena cava be reconstructed after resection for malignant tumors?Hiroyuki Yoshidome
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 0856 Japan
Am J Surg 189:419-24. 2005..Caval replacement after circumferential resection of the inferior vena cava remains controversial. The aim of the current study is to determine whether or not inferior vena cava replacement should be performed...
- A case of leiomyosarcoma originating from pulmonary vein, occluding mitral inflowAli Gurbuz
Ataturk Education and Research Hospital, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Heart Lung 32:210-4. 2003..The tumor was totally removed. Open heart surgery is the acceptable approach for the management of intracardiac tumors, which may cause obstruction of blood flow through the heart...
- Surgical treatment and outcomes of patients with primary inferior vena cava leiomyosarcomaScott T Hollenbeck
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
J Am Coll Surg 197:575-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Complete resection of primary IVC leiomyosarcomas is feasible and associated with improved survival. The IVC can be managed by primary repair or ligation with a low risk of severe postoperative edema...
- Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein leading to metastases of scalp and lungsC H Gow
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:201. 2005
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: surgical management and clinical resultsJason Dew
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Surgical Oncology, Vascular Surgery Service, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Am Surg 71:497-501. 2005..The management of the IVC can be managed with primary repair, ligation, or prosthetic graft. Long-term survival is possible if complete resection can be achieved...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the ovarian vein: report of a caseAntonio Iannelli
Department of Liver Transplantation, Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Surgery, Archet 2 Hospital, Nice, France
Int Surg 88:6-8. 2003..The patient underwent radical en bloc extirpation of the tumor followed by radiation therapy. The clinicopathologic features and treatment are discussed...
- From the archives of the AFIP: primary vascular neoplasms of the spleen: radiologic-pathologic correlationRobert M Abbott
Radiographics 24:1137-63. 2004Primary vascular neoplasms of the spleen constitute the majority of nonhematolymphoid splenic tumors...
- Primary intravascular myxoid leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein presenting clinically as deep vein thrombosis: a case reportManish Mani Subramaniam
Virchows Arch 450:235-7. 2007
- Intravascular leiomyosarcoma of the brachiocephalic region -- report of an unusual tumour localisation: case report and review of the literatureDaniel Johannes Tilkorn
Department of Plastic Surgery, Burn Center, Hand Center, Sarcoma Reference Center, BG University Hospital Bergmannsheil, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
World J Surg Oncol 6:113. 2008..Intravascular leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumour entity originating from venous vessel structures and most frequently affecting the inferior vena cava...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the pulmonary veinT Okuno
Laboratory of Anatomic Pathology, Kyoto University Hospital, Japan
Pathol Int 50:839-46. 2000..The present case was the oldest in age and to our knowledge was the first reported case with metastasis in a distant lymph node...
- Unusual pulmonary lesions: case 3. Pulmonary vein leiomyosarcoma presenting as a left atrial massSandeep T Laroia
University of North Dakota, Veterans' Affairs Medical Center, and MeritCare Medical Center, Fargo, ND, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:2749-51. 2002
- Prosthetic replacement of the infrahepatic inferior vena cava for leiomyosarcomaGiulio Illuminati
The Francesco Durante Department of Surgery, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Arch Surg 141:919-24; discussion 924. 2006..Resection of the infrahepatic inferior vena cava associated with prosthetic graft replacement for caval leiomyosarcoma is an acceptable procedure to obtain prolonged and good-quality survival...
- Clinical results of surgery for retroperitoneal sarcoma with major blood vessel involvementMatthias H M Schwarzbach
Department of Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Vasc Surg 44:46-55. 2006..The study was conducted to evaluate the clinical results of resection for retroperitoneal soft tissue sarcoma (STS) with vascular involvement...
- Susceptibility to vascular neoplasms but no increased susceptibility to renal carcinogenesis in Vhl knockout miceElena Kleymenova
CIIT Centers for Health Research, 6 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC, 27709, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:309-15. 2004....
- Surgical management of thoracic malignancies invading the heart or great vesselsBernard J Park
Thoracic Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1024-30. 2004..We reviewed our experience of 10 patients treated surgically, either primarily or as a component of multimodality therapy, to assess feasibility and results...
- Images in clinical medicine. An unusual case of pulmonary embolismTom Routledge
Papworth Hospital, Papworth Everard, Cambridge, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 352:1578. 2005
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis extending into the right ventricle after subtotal hysterectomyMehmet Sah Topcuoglu
Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical School, Cukurova University, Adana, Turkey
Ann Thorac Surg 78:330-2. 2004..Surgical resection is the best treatment for intracardiac extension of intravenous leiomyoma. We recommend iliac venotomy to remove the ilio-caval portion of the tumor in both stages of operations...
- Failure of medical therapy for pulmonary "thromboembolic" disease: beware the unsuspected primary sarcoma of the pulmonary arteryCliff K Choong
Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, One Barnes-Jewish Hospital Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:763-5. 2004
- [Establishment of renal cell carcinoma metastasis in the inferior vena cava and in the right atrium]H Kachler
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:1219-20. 2007
- Leiomyosarcoma of the retrohepatic portion of the inferior vena cava: clinical presentation and surgical management in five patientsJean Hardwigsen
Department of Surgery and Liver Transplantation, , 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Am Coll Surg 200:57-63. 2005..A radical tumoral resection associated with liberal use of venous prosthetic replacement may offer a chance for cure and good quality of life in palliative situations...
- [Intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography to guide removal of a hypernephroma with vena cava and right atrial extension]M C Cabrera
Departamento de Anestesiología e Intermedio Quirúrgico, Hospital Clinico Dr Rail Yazigi Fuerza Aérea de Chile, Las Condes, Santiago de Chile
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 52:48-51. 2005..The imaging technique proved to be highly useful for both anesthetic and surgical management of the patient...
- Surgical treatment of renal cell carcinoma with right atrial thrombus: early experience and description of a simplified techniqueT Modine
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, Pr H Warembourg, Hopital Cardiologique, Bd J Leclerc, CHRU de Lille, France
Int J Surg 5:305-10. 2007..Minimally invasive CPB technique can be used to treat intra atrial thrombus tumor extension arising from renal cell carcinoma. It can be performed safely with acceptable complications rate...
- Osteosarcoma of the lumbosacral spine invading the central venous pathways, right-sided cardiac chambers, and pulmonary arteryNeely Hines
Department of Radiology, Jacobi Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1400 Pelham Parkway South, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Skeletal Radiol 36:1091-6. 2007..There is only one other reported case of direct extension into the venous system by an iliac bone osteosarcoma in an adolescent; however, the tumor did not extend into the pulmonary circulation...
- [Extrarenal parametrial angiomyolipoma of the ovarian vein with extension into the right atrium]M Daneschnejad
Rofo 179:166-7. 2007
- Therapy insight: malignant primary cardiac tumorsMichael J Reardon
Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Nat Clin Pract Cardiovasc Med 3:548-53. 2006..Surgical resection of this sarcoma type often requires pneumonectomy and can require pulmonary root replacement...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava]D Kotelis
Abteilung für Gefässchirurgie, Chirurgische Universitatsklinik, Ruprecht Karls Universitat Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Deutschland
Chirurg 78:469-70, 472-3. 2007..Following elaborate preoperative examinations, surgical resection was performed and the inferior vena cava was reconstructed. Clinical signs, diagnosis, therapy, and prognosis are discussed...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus with intravascular tumor extension and pulmonary tumor embolismDouglas K McDonald
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:140-2. 2007..To our knowledge, only two other cases of intravenous uterine leiomyosarcomatosis have been described in the existing literature, and this is the first reported case of the entity with associated intravascular tumor embolism...
- Tumor thrombectomy without bypass for low-grade malignant tumors extending into the inferior vena cava: report of two casesMasatoshi Jibiki
Department of Vascular and Applied Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, 1-5-45 Yushima, Tokyo, 113-8519, Japan
Surg Today 36:465-9. 2006..Aggressive surgical treatment is thus recommended to excise a tumor thrombus with or without an IVC resection in patients with ESS of low-grade malignancy extending into the IVC to prevent sudden death due to PE...
- Cavo-atrial tumor resection under total circulatory arrest without a sternotomyThomas Kleisli
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 81:1887-8. 2006..This minimal-access total circulatory approach has the potential to greatly diminish morbidity when managing tumors of the inferior vena cava...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaVenkataprasanth P Reddy
Department of Internal Medicine, Kansas University Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Clin Nucl Med 31:281-3. 2006
- Intravenous uterine leiomyomatosis with right heart extension: successful two-stage surgical removalPatrizio Castelli
Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Ann Vasc Surg 20:405-7. 2006..We report a case of a young woman with intravenous leiomyomatosis originating from the uterus and extending into the right atrium, successfully treated through a two-stage surgical approach...
- Magnetic resonance venogram of intravenous leiomyomatosisT K K Lai
Department of Radiology, Tseung Kwan O Hospital, Hong Kong
Hong Kong Med J 11:524-6. 2005
- Kidney tumour mimicking cardiac massJuan M Nogales Asensio
Int J Cardiol 106:401-3. 2006..It is also exceptional that this was a chance finding in an asymptomatic patient...
- Liver hanging maneuver for large or recurrent right upper quadrant tumorsMatteo Donadon
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Am Coll Surg 204:329-33. 2007
- [Intravascular leiomyomatosis: the surgical challenge of tumors with cavoatrial extension]José M Vallejo
Rev Esp Cardiol 58:1246-7. 2005
- One case of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava treated with radical resection and vascular reconstructionZhou Jun Shen
Department of Urology, 1st Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Vasc Med 10:225-7. 2005..A 48-year-old Chinese woman with primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) who succesfully underwent resection of a long length of the affected IVC and the right kidney together with graft replacement of the IVC is reported...
- Surgery for retroperitoneal sarcoma requiring major vascular resection and reconstructionMelissa C C Teo
Department of General Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Asian J Surg 28:312-5. 2005..This paper describes a series of these tumours and demonstrates the feasibility of radical surgery and resection of major vessels with low morbidity...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: three case reports and review of the literatureNicholaus J Hilliard
Department of Pathology at University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233-6823, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:259-66. 2005....
- Intracardiac extension of intravenous leiomyomaVeysel Kutay
Cardiovascular Surgery Clinic, Yuzuncu Yil University, Van, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 32:232-4. 2005..At the 2nd stage of the operation, a right common iliac venotomy enabled the removal of all residual tumor from the inferior vena cava...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis extending from the inferior caval vein to the pulmonary arteryGiuseppe Virzí
First Department of Surgery, Ospedale Vittorio Emanuele, Catania, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:831-2. 2007
- A 39-year-old woman with cough, chest pressure, and worsening dyspneaJesse A Pewarchuk
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Chest 131:934-7. 2007
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaA Bonura
Department of Radiology, Liverpool Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Australas Radiol 50:395-9. 2006..The clinical and imaging features are outlined, and in addition the treatment and prognosis...
- [Grawitz tumor with invasion of the inferior vena cava and right atrium: surgical management with a multidisciplinary team]A Dinis da Gama
, , Lisboa
Rev Port Cir Cardiotorac Vasc 11:41-5. 2004..The main features related to the diagnosis and surgical management of this case are described and discussed, according to data taken from the most recent publications of the literature on the subject...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the pulmonary artery: Is aggressive treatment justified for a long survival?Kalliopi Athanassiadi
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Medical School of Hannover, Hannover, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 132:435-6. 2006
- [Primary leiomyosarcoma of pulmonary artery: a rare tumor mis-diagnosed as pulmonary embolism]V Lecoeuvre
, Centre Oscar-Lambret, Lille, France
Rev Med Interne 24:45-8. 2003..CONCLUSION: An early identification and aggressive medical and surgical intervention has the potential for long-term survival...
- Significance of hepatic resection combined with inferior vena cava resection and its reconstruction with expanded polytetrafluoroethylene for treatment of liver tumorsShigeki Arii
Department of Surgery, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 196:243-9. 2003..Patency of the graft was maintained for the longterm without infectious complications. This surgical procedure is indicated in some select patients in whom IVC invasion is extensive...
- Surgical treatment for recurrent pulmonary artery sarcomaAtsushi Omura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sumitomo Hospital, 5 3 20 Nakanoshima, Kita ku, Osaka, Osaka, 530 0005, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:28-31. 2008..Postoperative right cardiac catheterization indicated hemodynamic improvement and no sign of stenosis around the RVOT. About 1 year postoperatively, she is in stable condition and has 5-year-survival from the initial operation...
- [Tumor thrombectomy for endometrial stromal sarcoma extending into the inferior vena cava and the right atrium from the uterus]Shigemasa Suzuki
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Isesaki Munisipal Hosital, Isesaki, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:139-42. 2008..After thrombectomy, she underwent chemotherapy with carboplatin and paclitaxel. Surgical resection and chemotherapy to low-grade ESS achieved favourable prognosis...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava. Diagnosis using endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy]C Jenssen
Klinik fur Innere Medizin, Krankenhaus Märkisch Oderland, Prötzeler Chaussee 5, 15331 Strausberg
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 133:769-72. 2008..A 75-year-old woman was admitted because of upper abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting...
- [Effectiveness of multislice computed tomography for evaluating vascular invasion in retroperitoneal tumors]I E Tiurin
Vopr Onkol 54:65-9. 2008..Multislice scans were obtained by using 4 rows of solid-state detectors. For intravenous injections, non-ionic contrasting substance Omniak (loxegol, Amersham, Ireland), 350 mg I/ml was used...
- [Ascitis in 54-year old male]A Arévalo Gómez
Servicio de Medicina Interna D, Hospital Abente y Lago, Complejo Hospitalario Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Rev Clin Esp 208:253-4. 2008
- Retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava mimicking a liver tumorJulio Sokolich
Department of Surgery, Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75265 5999, USA
Am Surg 74:433-6. 2008..Considering the aggressiveness of this tumor, early radical en block resection with clear margins is still the only chance for long-term survival...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the uterus with a florid intravascular component ("intravenous leiomyosarcomatosis")Kathleen C M Coard
Department of Pathology, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston, Jamaica
Int J Gynecol Pathol 21:182-5. 2002..To our knowledge, this is the first reported such case in the literature, for which we propose the designation intravenous leiomyosarcomatosis of the uterus...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of inferior vena cava, a rare entity: Imaging featuresD Hemant
Departments of Radiology and Pathology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai 400#012, India
Australas Radiol 45:448-51. 2001..Cavography was useful to evaluate the collateral circulation associated with the extensive intraluminal mass. The lesion was biopsied under ultrasound guidance...
- Surgery of inferior vena cava associated malignant tumor lesionsF Eder
Department of General, Abdominal and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital, Magdeburg, Germany
Vasa 37:68-80. 2008....
- Intravenous leiomyoma with cardiac involvementC Anichini
Department of Pathology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Int Angiol 20:345-7. 2001..Such a rare neoplastic condition most often arises from the uterine veins. At times it may reach the right cavities of the heart and it must be considered in the differential diagnosis with a cardiac myxoma or a thrombus...
- [Intravenous leiomyomatosis with cardiac extension in an elderly woman: report of a case]M Kanno
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Southern Tohoku Research Institute for Neuroscience, Koriyama, Japan
Kyobu Geka 54:791-3. 2001..Presence of smooth muscle was confirmed by smooth muscle actin and desmin positive cells in the tumor. Tumor cells also proved to possess estrogen receptors. The patient has been closely followed-up with antiestrogen therapy...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with atypical histologic features: a case reportP M Lam
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, China
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:83-7. 2003..An adequate surgical preparation including venous graft or prosthetic reconstruction is essential as difficulty in removal may arise if the intravascular tumor adheres to the vessel wall...
- Pulmonary artery sarcoma and chronic thromboembolismSimone G Ramos
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Pathol Res Pract 204:139-41. 2008..Partial improvement after thrombolytic therapy has suggested that thromboembolic phenomena may be superimposed on the tumor, but, to date, a well-documented statement of these events has not been provided...
- [Small cell carcinoma of the kidney: a case report]Minori Matsumoto
Department of Urology, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases
Hinyokika Kiyo 50:111-4. 2004..The patient received palliative treatment, and died in February 2003. We reviewed 25 cases including our case, and analyzed the clinical outcome of small cell carcinoma of the kidney...
- Bleeding sarcoma of the aorta mimicking a symptomatic aneurysmBart P Van Putte
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St Antonius Hospital, Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1643-4. 2007
- [Intravenous leiomyomatosis extending into the right atrium from a myoma of the uterus]Makoto Sasaki
Department of Internal Medicine, Saiseikai Utsunomiya Hospital, Tochigi
Nippon Naika Gakkai Zasshi 93:142-4. 2004
- [Diagnostic imaging of vascular leiomyosarcomas]B Kreft
Radiologische Klinik, Universitat Bonn
Rofo 176:183-90. 2004..MRI with MR-angiography can be added. If a tumor of undetermined origin shows a broad contact with a vessel and/or an intraluminal component, possible primary vascular leiomyosarcoma should be included in the differential diagnosis...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaMeltem Ceyhan
Department of Radiology, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:140-3. 2007..We present a case of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava that extended into the right renal vein and the right iliac vein, as it is a rare case and emphasize the significance of the imaging methods in its diagnosis...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the adrenal vein: a novel approach to surgical resectionTracy S Wang
Department of Surgery, Section of Endocrine Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
World J Surg Oncol 5:109. 2007..Leiomyosarcomas arising from the adrenal vein are rare malignancies associated with delayed diagnosis and poor prognosis. The most common vascular site of origin is the inferior vena cava...
- [Case report: Pedunculated leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava]Nazan Okur
, Radyodiagnostik Anabilim Dali, Adana
Tani Girisim Radyol 9:78-80. 2003..She was operated on and the tumor was discovered to be attached to the wall of the inferior vena cava with a peduncle, a leiomyosarcoma being proven histologically. CT features of this rare tumor are presented in this report...
- Primary renal synovial sarcoma with inferior vena cava and right atrium invasionPaul Chih-Hsueh Chen
Department of Pathology, Division of Medical Oncology, Veterans General Hospital and Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Urol 10:657-60. 2003..Our case shows that synovial sarcoma should be considered in the differential diagnosis of renal tumors, especially in adolescents and young adults. Proper molecular analysis should be undertaken to attain a definitive diagnosis...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava]B Marcheix
Service de Chirurgie et Cardio-Vasculaire A, CHU Rangueil -Toulouse
J Chir (Paris) 140:140-8. 2003..The efficacy of chemotherapy, whether pre-operative for inaccessible tumors or post-operative for incompletely resected or recurrent tumor, is poorly defined and very limited...
- [Reconstruction of the inferior vena cava for extended resection of malignant tumors]D Grotemeyer
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Universitätsklinikum der Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf
Chirurg 74:547-53. 2003..The clinical outcome in these patients depends on vascular surgical techniques, the central role of which is played by IVC reconstruction...
- Primary pulmonary artery leiomyosarcomaAnca G Croitoru
Pathology Department, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 12:166-9. 2003..Three years after surgery, the patient is well and with no evidence of recurrence or metastatic disease...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the pulmonary artery: a diagnostic dilemmaJin-Hwan Kim
Department of Radiology, Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University Medical Center, 510 South Kingshighway Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63110, USA
Clin Imaging 27:206-11. 2003....
- Primary malignant sarcomas of the heart and great vessels in adult patients--a single-center experienceFrank Mayer
Department of Medical Oncology Hematology Immunology Rheumatology Pulmonology, UKT Medical Center, South West German Cancer Center, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Otfried Mueller Str 10, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Oncologist 12:1134-42. 2007..Sarcomas arising in the heart or the great vessels are rare entities. The prognosis of the patients is dismal...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 (VEGFR-3): a marker of vascular tumors with presumed lymphatic differentiation, including Kaposi's sarcoma, kaposiform and Dabska-type hemangioendotheliomas, and a subset of angiosarcomasA L Folpe
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Mod Pathol 13:180-5. 2000..We sought to extend these studies to a large number of well-characterized vascular neoplasms to evaluate diagnostic uses of this antibody and to determine whether it defines them in a thematic fashion...
- N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine-induced neoplasms in medaka (Oryzias latipes)T E Bunton
Division of Comparative Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Toxicol Pathol 24:323-30. 1996..Many neoplasms (62%) were of mesenchymal origin and were categorized as blood vascular neoplasms (hemangioma and hemangiosarcoma), invasive sarcomas, and scale-associated neoplasms...
- Angiostatin receptor annexin II in vascular tumors including angiosarcomaSajjad P Syed
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Kaiser Permanente Baldwin Park Medical Center, Baldwin Park, CA 91706, USA
Hum Pathol 38:508-13. 2007..We hypothesized that, like normal vascular endothelium, vascular neoplasms would express ANX2, implying the potential usefulness of angiostatins in the therapy of this family of soft ..
- Increased expression of urinary matrix metalloproteinases parallels the extent and activity of vascular anomaliesJennifer J Marler
Vascular Anomalies Center and Department ofSurgery, Children s Hospital Boston, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatrics 116:38-45. 2005..We sought to determine whether these angiogenesis modulators are present in the urine and whether their expression is associated with the extent and clinical course of the vascular lesion...
- Expression of Fli-1, a nuclear transcription factor, distinguishes vascular neoplasms from potential mimicsA L Folpe
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:1061-6. 2001..Fli-1 expression in vascular neoplasms has not been previously studied...
- Combined endovascular and surgical treatment of head and neck paragangliomas--a team approachMark S Persky
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center, 10 Union Square East, New York, New York 10003, USA
Head Neck 24:423-31. 2002..There has been controversy concerning the role of preoperative angiography and embolization of these tumors and the benefits that these procedures offer in the evaluation and management of paragangliomas...
- Multifocal epithelioid hemangioendothelioma: case report of a clinical chamaeleonEdwin Bölke
Department of Radiation Therapy and Radiation Oncology, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf, Duesseldorf, Germany
Eur J Med Res 11:462-6. 2006..However, it represents 1% of all vascular neoplasms and is locally aggressive...
- Extra- and intracranial dumbbell-shaped hemangiopericytomaMarc Diensthuber
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Hannover Medical University, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 265:481-4. 2008Hemangiopericytomas are malignant tumors arising from pericytic cells and account for less than 1% of all vascular neoplasms. We report a rare case of an extra- and intracranial dumbbell-shaped hemangiopericytoma originating from the soft ..
- [Tumors of the lymphatic vessel of the skin and soft tissue]T Mentzel
Pathologe 23:118-27. 2002Tumours of lymphatic vessels comprise only a small group in the heterogeneous spectrum of vascular neoplasms of skin and soft tissues...
- Epithelioid hemangiosarcomas of the bovine urinary bladder: a histologic, immunohistochemical, and ultrastructural examination of four tumorsIsabel Pires
University of Tras os Montes e Alto Douro, Veterinary Sciences, Quinta de Prados Vila Real, Vila Real 5001 801, Portugal
J Vet Diagn Invest 22:116-9. 2010..These malignant vascular neoplasms histologically resemble, and may be mistaken for, carcinomas...
- Cutaneous composite hemangioendothelioma with satellitosis and lymph node metastasesLuis Requena
Department of Dermatology, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, Madrid, Spain
J Cutan Pathol 35:225-30. 2008The term hemangioendothelioma has been used in recent years to name a heterogeneous group of vascular neoplasms, intermediate in both biological behavior and histopathologic appearance between benign tumors (hemangiomas) and frankly ..
- Prox-1 promotes invasion of kaposiform hemangioendotheliomasSoheil S Dadras
Department of Dermatology, Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2798-806. 2008..Together, these results indicate that Prox1 plays an important, previously unanticipated role in mediating the aggressive behavior of vascular neoplasms such as KS.
- Roles of Akt and immune regulation in the development of hemangiomasThuy Phung; Fiscal Year: 2007..our understanding of how endothelial cell behavior is regulated, and help us better understand other vascular neoplasms, such as hemangioendothelioma and angiosarcoma, and open new therapeutic options in the treatment of ..
- Mechanisms of Scar-Free Healing in the Fetal ArteryDARRELL CASS; Fiscal Year: 2007..His long term objective is to apply this knowledge clinically in both children and adults to limit vascular inflammation, neointimal hyperplasia and scarring. ..
- Negative Regulation of VEGF-Mediated AngiogenesisSandra W Ryeom; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will establish whether Dscr1 is a valid target for anti-cancer intervention which may lead to novel therapeutic strategies for suppressing tumor angiogenesis in all cancers. ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Vascular RemodelingJosephine Enciso; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Obscurin and Obscurin-MLCK in myofibrillogenesisMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterizing obscurin's roles in new myofibril assembly and in sarcomere-sarcoplasma organization may identify new strategies to treat congestive heart failure and prevent myofibril damage during ischemia. ..
- CLONING OF A POTENTIAL REGULATOR OF THE DHAND FACTORMark Russell; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Molecular mechanisms of choroidal neovascularization and vascular homeostasisALEXANDER GEORG MARNEROS; Fiscal Year: 2010..These findings are likely to reveal novel molecular targets for the treatment of neovascular age-related macular degeneration. ..