Summary: An abnormal passage between two or more arteries, or between an artery and a vein.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications215 found, 100 shown here
- Aortoesophageal fistula after thoracic aortic stent-graft placement: a rare but catastrophic complication of a novel emerging techniqueHolger Eggebrecht
Department of Cardiology, West German Heart Center Essen, Essen, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2:570-6. 2009..Our goal was to report characteristics and outcomes of 6 patients with aortoesophageal fistula (AEF) after thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR)...
- Successful one-stage operation of aortoesophageal fistula from thoracic aneurysm using a rifampicin-soaked synthetic graftTakehiro Inoue
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohno Higashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka 589 8511, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:322-4. 2008..This is the original report of the surgical repair of aortoesophageal fistula using a rifampicin-soaked graft...
- Successful repair of an aortoesophageal fistula with aneurysm from esophageal diverticulumFuyuhiko Yasuda
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery and The Second Department of Surgery, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 73:637-9. 2002..In this case, esophageal diverticulum was diagnosed before the development of an aortoesophageal fistula associated with an aneurysm...
- [A case of pancreaticoportal fistula associated with acute severe pancreatitis]Young Sun Yeo
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 46:485-8. 2005..Pancreaticoportal fistula was diagnosed by endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. He recovered after distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy and supportive care...
- Spontaneous pancreatic pseudocyst-portal vein fistula presenting with pancreatic ascites: strength of MR cholangiopancreatographyS E Yoon
Department of Radiology, Wonkwang University School of Medicine, 344 2 Sinyongdong, Iksan, Jeonbuk 570 711, Korea
Br J Radiol 81:e13-6. 2008....
- Surgical management of primary aortoesophageal fistula secondary to thoracic aneurysmM J Reardon
Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:967-70. 2000..We report a successful repair of primary aortoesophageal fistula, secondary to descending thoracic aortic aneurysm, and review the evolution of management since the three previously reported successful repairs at our institution...
- Endovascular repair of bleeding aortoenteric fistulas: a 5-year experienceJ A Burks
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Vasc Surg 34:1055-9. 2001..In the setting of gross infection, it may also be considered in high-risk patients as a bridge to more definitive treatment after hemodynamic stabilization and optimization...
- Diagnosis and management of aortoesophageal fistula caused by a foreign bodyGiuseppe S Sica
Department of Surgery, Oxford, United Kingdom
Ann Thorac Surg 77:2217-8. 2004..A case of aortoesophageal fistula caused by a swallowed fish bone leading to respiratory arrest is reported. The clinical presentation was unusual. The successful treatment required the use of hypothermic circulatory arrest...
- Emergency endovascular repair of an aortoesophageal fistula caused by a foreign bodyJoeri Assink
Department of Vascular Surgery, VU University Medical Center, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Endovasc Ther 12:129-33. 2005..To report stent-graft treatment of an aortoesophageal fistula caused by a foreign body...
- Aortoesophageal fistula-relief of massive hematemesis with an endovascular stent-graftN Kato
Department of Radiology, Mie University Hospital, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Eur J Radiol 34:63-6. 2000..5 months later, which was caused by a tracheoesophageal fistula. Stent-graft repair is a safe and effective method to treat aortoesophageal fistula and may be an alternative to surgical resection...
- Aortoesophageal fistula: value of in situ aortic allograft replacementEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Paris, France
Ann Surg 238:283-90. 2003..The purpose of this report is to describe our experience in management of aortoesophageal fistulas (AEF) with special emphasis on the value of in situ aortic allograft replacement...
- Perforation of the oesophagus and aorta after eating fish: an unusual cause of chest painH D'Costa
Horton Hospital, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust, Banbury, UK
Emerg Med J 20:385-6. 2003..In the case described here, the fistula was demonstrated on contrast computed tomography before surgery, thus informing surgical management. The patient is the eighth reported survivor...
- Endovascular treatment of aortoesophageal and aortobronchial fistulaeRoberto Chiesa
Vascular Surgery, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute University School of Medicine, Milano, Italy
J Vasc Surg 51:1195-202. 2010..However, relatively little is known about results of TEVAR for AEF and ABF due to their rarity and the lack of large surveys...
- Long-term follow-up of acquired coronary artery fistula after septal myectomy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathyAshish Awasthi
Division of Cardiology, State University of New York, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1104-7. 2002..Medical therapy appears to be the appropriate treatment strategy in these patients...
- Diagnosis of a coronary artery fistula thirty years after myectomy for septal hypertrophyJ Voet
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Gent, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 55:197-8. 2000..We discuss the prevalence, diagnosis and natural history of coronary artery fistulas. In our patient we followed a conservative strategy...
- Successful management of latrogenic aortoduodenal fistula by intraaortic endovascular stent-graft and duodenal diversionCheng Chan Yu
Department of Surgery, Cardiology, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:431-3. 2007..The patient remained disease-free 3 years after operation. With a prompt diagnosis, duodenal diversion with endoluminal aortic stent may be a better option for iatrogenic aortoduodenal fistula...
- Aortoduodenal fistula complicated by acupunctureSung A Chang
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Int J Cardiol 104:241-2. 2005..In this article, we present a case of 68-year-old man who died of massive hematemesis resulting from aortoduodenal fistula (ADF), a rare complication of acupuncture therapy...
- [Treatment of vascular prosthesis infection and aorto-enteric fistula as a late complication after reconstructive surgery of the abdominal aorta--a case report]S Wasikova
II chirurgická klinika FN u sv Anny, Brno
Rozhl Chir 86:522-4. 2007..8 months after the surgery, the patient is in good condition without walking limitation...
- Secondary aortoenteric fistulaKimihiro Yoshimoto
Department of Vascular Surgery, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Vasc Surg 42:805. 2005
- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding due to primary aortoduodenal fistula: report of two rare casesUfuk Tutun
Clinic of Cardiovascular Surgery, Turkiye Yuksek Ihtisas Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Turk J Gastroenterol 15:253-7. 2004..In this report, a case of ruptured primary aortic aneurysm and another case of para-aortic pseudo-aneurysm connected with the duodenum, both of which were treated successfully by surgical operation, are presented...
- Staged endovascular stent-grafting and surgical treatment of a secondary aortoduodenal fistulaF Biancari
Department of Surgery, Oulu University Hospital, P O Box 21, 90229 Oulu, Finland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:42-3. 2006..Forty days after stent-grafting, Tc-99m-HMPAO labelled leukocyte scanning failed to identify leukocyte infiltration of the graft and there were no clinical signs of infection. At 8-month follow up, the patient was asymptomatic...
- Aortoduodenal fistula after abdominal aortic stent graft presenting with extremity abscessesSean P Lyden
Department of Vascular Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH, USA
Vascular 13:305-8. 2005..AEF can occur after endoluminal stent graft (ELG) in the absence of aneurysm growth, endoleak, migration, or inflammation. AEF can cause ELG infection and extremity infection...
- [Aortoduodenal fistulae: about two cases]Y Kalko
Service de Chirurgie Thoracique et Cardiovasculaire, hôpital de Bezm I Alem Vakif Gureba, Capa, Istanbul, Turquie
Ann Chir 131:331-3. 2006..The results of surgical treatment may be disappointing because of postoperative complications. We report here two cases and discuss the diagnostic investigations and characteristics of aortoduodenal fistulae...
- Secondary aortoduodenal fistula with a fatal outcome: report of six casesPanagiotis Katsinelos
Department of Endoscopy and Motility Unit, Aristotle University, G Gennimatas Hospital, Ethnikis Aminis 41, 546 35 Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Today 35:677-81. 2005..We also discuss the pathogenesis, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of AEFs, emphasizing the value of clinical suspicion and negative endoscopy in establishing the diagnosis and the need for early operative intervention...
- Temporary endovascular control of a bleeding aortoenteric fistula by transcatheter coil embolizationChristos D Karkos
Departments of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester LE1 5WW, United Kingdom
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:867-71. 2005..Coil embolization may be a useful adjunct in the management of such difficult problems. This approach may buy time and allow careful planning of a definitive treatment or may serve as a palliative procedure in inoperable patients...
- Aortoduodenal fistula following aortobifemoral bypassK Limani
Department of Visceral Surgery, RHMS hospital, Ath, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 105:207-9. 2005..The authors discuss the modern management of this challenging complication of aortic surgery...
- [Aortoduodenal fistula revealed by acute fever with heavy and swollen red leg]J Seneschal
Service de Dermatologie, Hopital Haut Leveque, CHU de Bordeaux
Ann Dermatol Venereol 134:847-50. 2007..The clinical picture usually includes digestive features and fever, unlike our observation where fistula was revealed by heavy and swollen leg with cutaneous septic abscesses but no digestive signs...
- Intra vascular ultra sound: one more tool to diagnose aorto-duodenal fistulaM Maternini
General Surgery Department, CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 32:542-4. 2006..Precise diagnosis was obtained using intra vascular ultrasound (IVUS). IVUS allowed prompt diagnosis of the aorto-duodenal fistula and opened the way to its endovascular treatment...
- Endovascular repair in the presence of aortic infectionJose A Gonzalez-Fajardo
Division of Vascular Surgery, Hospital Clinico Universitario of Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Ann Vasc Surg 19:94-8. 2005..A review of the literature with positive and negative results has been included for a better understanding of this condition...
- [An aorto-enteric fistula]J Podlaha
II chirurgická klinika MU, FN U sv Anny, Brno
Rozhl Chir 83:506-8. 2004..Haemorrhaging aorto-enteric fistules must be surgically managed in clinics specialized in vascular surgery...
- Twenty-one cases of aortoenteric fistula: lessons for the general surgeonJuan C Cendan
Department of Surgery, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0286, USA
Am Surg 70:583-7; discussion 587. 2004..Simple bowel repairs were sufficient when technically possible. Duodenal exclusion is not an obligatory adjunct to duodenal repairs...
- [Penetrating aortic ulcer with severe gastrointestinal bleeding]B Certik
Chirurgische Klinik, Universitätskrankenhaus der Karlsuniversität in Pilsen, Czech Republik
Zentralbl Chir 129:183-4. 2004..Primary aortoenteric fistula has a fatal outcome unless it is diagnosed accurately and urgently treated by surgical intervention. Contrast-enhanced computed tomography is the primary imaging modality to specify the diagnosis...
- A case of aortoenteric fistula following abdominal aortic reconstructionKoji Tsutsumi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Sagamihara Kyodo Hospital, Sagamihara, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 13:282-6. 2007..Although the patient remained in good health for 3 years with no complications, he died of aortic stump disruption 43 months after the last operation...
- Endovascular repair of a presumed aortoduodenal fistulaShinichi Suzuki
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 11:424-8. 2005..The ulcer-like lesions at the site of the duodenal wall perforated by the pseudoaneurysm also resolved. Endovascular stent-grafts may have a role to play in management of aortoduodenal fistula...
- Percutaneous management of complications (aortoenteric fistula and sac abscess) following bypass surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysmHemant Deshmukh
Department of Radiology, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, 400 012, India
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:778-81. 2007
- Endovascular treatment of a bleeding secondary aorto-enteric fistula. A case report with 1-year follow-upElias N Brountzos
Second Department of Radiology, Athens University, Medical School, Attikon University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:1037-41. 2007..The patient developed periaortic infection 4 months later, but he was managed with antibiotics. The patient is well 1 year after the procedure...
- Aortoduodenal fistula 5 years after endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair with the Ancure stent graftBlaine J Ruby
Department of Surgery, Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center, La Crosse, WI 54601, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:834-6. 2007..Fistulization occurred despite accurate stent graft placement without migration, endoleak, or aortic sac size enlargement on annual postoperative imaging studies...
- Aortoduodenal fistula and streptococcal myonecrosisAyman S Abdelrazeq
Department of General Surgery, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, Huddersfield, England
Vasc Endovascular Surg 42:268-71. 2008..This article highlights the etiologic dilemma, diagnostic difficulties, and management challenges inherent in such cases. Pitfalls in our management of this patient are discussed...
- Primary aortoduodenal fistula: a challenge to the vascular surgeonGian Franco Veraldi
I Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, SSO Ospedaliera di Chirurgia Vascolare, Azienda Ospedaliero, Universitaria di Verona, Ospedale Civile Maggiore, Verona
Chir Ital 60:273-7. 2008..The postoperative course was uneventful and after 6 months the patient is doing well without any recurrence of infection...
- Upper gastrointestinal bleeding due to primary aortoenteric fistulaS Gourgiotis
Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery Department, Royal London Hospital, UK
Chirurgia (Bucur) 101:633-4. 2006..Gastrointestinal bleeding combined with a negative endoscopy suggests PAEF. Endovascular operation is an attractive treatment option...
- Aortoenteric fistula: a late complication of endovascular repair of an inflammatory abdominal aortic aneurysmElizabeth V Ratchford
Vascular Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 40:487-91. 2006..The pathophysiology in these cases remains unclear. The presence of inflammation and endoleak may predispose to further aneurysmal degeneration...
- Recurrence of postoperative aortic fistulas: is there an ideal method of prevention? A case reportM Piciche
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Arnaud de Villeneuve Hospital, Montpellier Teaching Hospital, Montpellier University, avenue Doyen G Giraud, 32495 Montpellier, France
Minerva Chir 61:445-50. 2006....
- Aortoduodenal fistulas after endovascular stent-graft repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms: single-center experience and review of the literatureNikolaos Saratzis
1st Department of Surgery, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
J Endovasc Ther 15:441-8. 2008..To report a single-center experience with aortoduodenal fistula (ADF) after successful endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) of an infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)...
- [Aortointestinal fistula--a serious complication of surgery on aortic and pelvic arteries]Z Silhart
Chirurgická klinika LF MU a FN Brno Bohunice
Rozhl Chir 86:224-7. 2007..The perioperative mortality rate reached 66%. The surgical management approach is discussed in the article, and early diagnosis and prevention of the complication is emphasized...
- Aortoenteric fistula: a diagnostic dilemmaFiona M Hughes
Department of Radiology, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
Abdom Imaging 32:398-402. 2007..To assess the sensitivity and specificity of computed tomography (CT) in the diagnosis of aortoenteric fistula (AEF) and to determine the most accurate CT signs of the disease...
- Primary aortoenteric fistulaGraham Roche-Nagle
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Dublin 4, Ireland
Am J Surg 195:506-7. 2008..The computed tomography scan of the abdomen showed a primary aortoenteric fistula. The challenging clinical diagnosis of aortoenteric fistulae and their surgical treatment options are discussed...
- Successful endovascular treatment of bleeding aortoenteric fistula: a case reportMark Shapiro
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 20:817-9. 2006..Endovascular treatment of AEF provides another treatment option that may be particularly valuable in patients whose comorbidities would preclude open repair...
- Saphenous vein spiral graft: successful emergency repair of a mycotic aneurysm with aortoduodenal fistulaJ T Heikens
Department of Vascular Surgery, St Elisabeth Hospital, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 32:408-10. 2006..No inflammation or dilation of the saphenous vein spiral graft has been noted. We suggest that in the emergency treatment of mycotic abdominal aneurysm, aortic reconstruction with saphenous vein spiral graft is a valuable option...
- Primary aortoduodenal fistula without abdominal aortic aneurysm in association with psoas abscessChris Klonaris
Vascular Division, 1st Surgical Department, Laikon Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Ann Vasc Surg 20:541-3. 2006..At 2-year follow-up, the patient is alive without episodes of bleeding or fever...
- Aortic paraprosthetic-colonic fistulae: a review of the literatureL R Leon
Southern Arizona Veteran Affairs Health Care System Vascular Surgery Section, Tucson, Arizona 85723, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:682-92. 2007..Aortic graft-colonic fistulae are a rare complication of aortic reconstructive surgery...
- [Strategic risk reduction in the operative therapy for abdominal aortic aneurysms]I Flessenkamper
Clinic for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, DRK Kliniken Mark Brandenburg Berlin, Drontheimerstrasse 39 40, 13359 Berlin
Zentralbl Chir 131:13-7. 2006..The first case demonstrates the endovascular approach to a complication following open aortic surgery, the second describes a surgical intervention to solve a problem following endovascular therapy...
- Primary aortoenteric fistula: should enhanced computed tomography be considered in the diagnostic work-up?Alice Wood
Division of Surgical Intensive Care, Department of APSIC, University Hospital of Geneva, CH 1211, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Anesth Analg 101:1157-9, table of contents. 2005..The reliability of radiological investigations and the importance of being alert to the possibility of this extremely rare condition are discussed...
- Primary aortoduodenal fistula: a case report and review of the literatureDavid W Lemos
Boston Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Place, Boston, MA 02118 2393, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:686-9. 2003..This case represents an example of a rare complication of AAA with the unusual presentation of multiple aortic aneurysms. We will address the pathophysiology, diagnostic evaluation, and management of AEF...
- Aortic stent-graft infection due to a presumed aortoenteric fistulaBiswajit Kar
Department of Cardiology, Texas Heart Institute, St Luke s Episcopal Hospital, Houston, Texas, USA
J Endovasc Ther 9:901-6. 2002..To report a case of late stent-graft infection with aortoenteric fistula...
- Secondary aortoduodenal fistulaMeng Wei Chang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Chang Gung Med J 25:626-30. 2002..So, a high index of suspicion is necessary for prompt diagnosis and treatment of this actually life-threatening event...
- Primary aortoduodenal fistula including the afferent loop of a Billroth II anastomosis. A case reportF Spinelli
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:711-4. 2002..This case could be interesting for its anatomical peculiarities favourable to the formation of the fistula...
- Aorto-enteric fistula following endoluminal abdominal aortic aneurysm repairJames R French
Department of Surgery, Bankstown and Lidcombe Hospital, Bankstown, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 74:397-9. 2004
- Emergent treatment of a primary aortoenteric fistula with N-butyl 2-cyanoacrylate and endovascular stentLisa Finch
University of Washington School of Medicine, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 13:841-3. 2002..This approach can benefit patients whose condition would otherwise be too unstable for open surgery...
- Early and long-term results of conventional surgical treatment of secondary aorto-enteric fistulaW Dorigo
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 26:512-8. 2003....
- Secondary aortoduodenal fistulaMisha Witz
Vascular Surgery Unit, Meir General Hospital, 44281 Kfar Saba, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 4:824. 2002
- Explantation of an infected aortic endograft with suprarenal barb fixationW Charles Sternbergh
Oschner Clinic Foundation, New Oleans, LA, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:1136. 2003
- [Aorto-digestive fistula and aortic prosthesis. Report of four cases]Armelle Fatome
Service d Hepato Gastroenterologie, CHU de Caen, Avenue Cote de Nacre, 14033 Caen
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 27:936-9. 2003..The other angiogram was normal. Surgery was required to establish the diagnosis in one patient and diagnosis was post mortem for the last one...
- Primary aortoenteric fistula: computed tomographic diagnosis of an atypical presentationJ T Lee
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, 1000 West Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 15:251-4. 2001..A CT scan demonstrated extravasation of arterial contrast into the duodenum. The aorta was repaired with an in-line prosthetic graft. A review of the literature regarding this rare entity and surgical options are presented...
- Aortoduodenal fistula and aortic aneurysm secondary to biliary stent-induced retroperitoneal perforationTae Hoon Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Songpagu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
World J Gastroenterol 14:3095-7. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first report describing a lethal complication of a bleeding, aortoduodenal fistula and caused by biliary metallic stent-induced perforation...
- Multidetector computed tomography imaging of aortoenteric fistulaFergus J Perks
Department of Radiology, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:343-7. 2004..Fistulae occurred in the early and late postgrafting period and involved both end-to-end and end-to-side aortic graft anastomoses. Multidetector CT is quick and accurate in the diagnosis of bleeding AEF...
- Aneurysm of the meningeal branch of the occipital artery connecting with the distal portion of the posteroinferior cerebellar artery by the dural fistulaP Słoniewski
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 67:292-5. 2008..The aneurysm was successfully clipped and the vascular fistula was coagulated and dissected in the extradural section...
- [Endoscopic treatment of subcutaneous fat necrosis secondary to pancreatic-vascular fistula: apropos of a case]D Reynaud
, Pavillon Dieulafoy, CHU Purpan, Place du Docteur Baylac, Toulouse, France
Rev Med Interne 19:123-7. 1998PATIENT AND METHOD: We report the case of a 68-year-old man who presented a pancreatic tumor with a pancreato-vascular fistula and a Weber-Christian syndrome...
- The obtention of vascular access on the arm for hemodialysisK Janicki
1st Department of Surgery and Transplantology, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 56:206-11. 2001..In patients, in whom the usual sites for fistula have been exhausted the vascular fistula on the arm was placed. 53 dialysis accesses were performed on the arm between 1989 and 1999...
- Treatment of postpriapism erectile dysfunction by closure of persistent distal glans-cavernosum fistulas 5 years after shunt creationRobert J Stein
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Urology 65:592. 2005..On the basis of our experience, it seems reasonable to attempt shunt reversal for correction of erectile dysfunction in selected patients who likely have a persistent vascular fistula.
- Spinal dural arteriovenous fistulae--a diagnostic challengeN Lev
Department of Neurology, Rabin Medical Center Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 3:492-6. 2001..The most common clinical presentation is that of progressive myeloradiculopathy, probably related to venous hypertension, which may lead to permanent disability and even death...
- A case report of a "smouldering" uretero-vascular fistulaStefania Ferretti
Department of Surgery, Urology Operative Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria of Parma, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 77:151-2. 2005..Two subsequent emergency operations allowed to a difficult diagnosis and a life-saving repair of the fistula. Some hypotheses on the pathogenesis of the condition are discussed as well as its clinical problems...
- Extraluminal migration of a coin in the oesophagus of a child misdiagnosed as asthmaR A Persaud
Department of Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, London Department of Paediatric Surgery, University Hospital Lewisham, UK
Emerg Med J 18:312-3. 2001..in the oesophagus with subsequent extraluminal migration with the potential for serious complications such as vascular fistula or chronic suppurative infection...
- Posterior "nutcracker" phenomenon: hemodynamic relevant aorto-retroaortal renal vein fistula leading to fatal right heart failureC Breitwieser
Department of Radiology, Charité Universitaets Medizin Berlin, Campus Mitte, Humboldt Universitaet, Berlin, Germany
Acta Radiol 46:193-5. 2005..diagnosis for these very common clinical symptoms is an aorto-left renal vein fistula (ALRVF), which is a spontaneous vascular fistula, usually also associated with an aortic aneurysm, infrequently a result of abdominal trauma.
- Aortoesophageal fistula following endovascular exclusion of a thoracic aneurysmK Martens
Department of Vascular Surgery, Academic Hospital, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Int Angiol 26:292-6. 2007..Management should be surgical, since the outcome under conservative management seems invariably fatal. However, it looks as if the poor condition of these patients may not permit open surgical treatment...
- Lymphatic complications after varicose veins surgery: risk factors and how to avoid themP Pittaluga
Riviera Vein Institute, Nice, France
Phlebology 27:139-42. 2012..Lymphatic complication (LC) after varicose veins (VVs) surgery is an annoying event with a variable frequency in the literature...
- Endovascular repair of an aortoduodenal fistulaM K Eskandari
Division of General Surgery, The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
J Endovasc Ther 7:328-32. 2000..To demonstrate the utility of endovascular stent-graft repair for the management of an unusual aortoduodenal fistula...
- Transhepatic closure of a post-fontan hepatic veins to left atrium fenestration in visceral heterotaxia and dextrocardiaZakhia Saliba
Service de Cardiologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, 149, rue de Sèvres 75743 Paris, France
J Interv Cardiol 15:215-7. 2002..The hepatic veins were entered at the left abdominal side using fluoroscopic guidance and the fenestration was uneventfully occluded with an Amplatzer septal occluder device...
- Therapeutic embolization in congenital heart diseaseRui Anjos
Paediatric Cardiology Department, Santa Cruz Hospital, Carnaxide, Portugal
Rev Port Cardiol 22:I61-72. 2003
- Right common iliac artery pseudoaneurysm-ureteric fistulaJ M Albani
Glickman Urological Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio 44195, USA
BJU Int 91:890. 2003
- Arterio-spongiosal fistula treated with highly selective embolizationMilton Skaff
Urologic Clinic, Section of Neurourology and Voiding Disturbances, Hospital Beneficência Portuguesa of São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Urol 172:974. 2004
- Infective endocarditis: outcome in surviving patients with intracardiac complicationsRoberto Mocchegiani
Department of Cardiology, G M Lancisi Hospital, Ancona, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:163-8. 2007..The purpose of this study was to assess the outcome of 15 patients who survived infective endocarditis with abscesses and other intracardiac complications...
- Congenital intrahepatic portohepatic shunt managed by interventional radiologic occlusion: a case report and literature reviewChiara Grimaldi
Liver Surgery and Transplantation Unit, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 47:e27-31. 2012....
- [Incidental finding of congenital fistula beween the right coronary artery and the coronary sinus: integrated echocardiography, multislice computerized tomography, and heart catheterization]Francesco Calabrò
U O C di Cardiologia, Ospedale San Pietro Igneo, Fucecchio FI
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 7:706-8. 2006
- Intermediate to long-term outcome following congenital coronary artery fistulae closure with focus on thrombus formationSrinath T Gowda
The Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Medical Center, USA
Am J Cardiol 107:302-8. 2011..Patients with distal type, large CAF, and older age at presentation may be at higher risk for coronary thrombosis. Close follow-up with anatomic and functional coronary evaluation is warranted in all patients after CAF closure...
- Multiple coronary fistulaeBrandon Brown
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Clin Cardiol 28:143. 2005
- High output cardiac failure due to iatrogenic A-V fistula in scar: a report of a case and review of the literatureA Pagel
Department of Internal Medicine C, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Tel Aviv Universtiy, Zerifin, Israel
Cardiovasc Surg 11:317-9. 2003
- Fistula from aneurysmal saphenous vein graft to right atrium treated with covered stentsBrendan Bell
Department of Cardiology, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Heart Lung Circ 19:465-9. 2010..We describe our attempt to close a fistula which entered the right atrium by deploying covered stents within the graft...
- Topical amphotericin B application in severe bronchial aspergillosis after lung transplantation: report of experiences in 3 casesH Boettcher
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kiel University Hospital, Kiel, Germany
J Heart Lung Transplant 19:1224-7. 2000..Aspergillosis in the second patient resolved with minimal stenosis of the left main and the left upper lobe bronchus, and the third patient developed an anastomotic stenosis that was successfully dilated...
- A sinus of Valsalva-right atrium fistula without aneurysm formationYumiko Kanzaki
Department of Internal Medicine III, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki
Intern Med 49:749-51. 2010..81. Transesophageal echocardiography confirmed the existence of the shunt jet and revealed no deformity of the sinus of Valsalva. We report a rare case of sinus of Valsalva-right atrium fistula without typical aneurysmal formation...
- [A continuous murmur in female patient after traffic injury]Piotr Wańczura
Oddział Kardiologii, Szpital Wojewódzki Nr 2 im Św Jadwigi Królowej, Rzeszow
Kardiol Pol 70:1283-5. 2012..The patient underwent implantation of inset of left internal mammary artery graft and ligation of fistula during open heart surgery...
- Endovascular treatment of a primary aortoduodenal fistula: 2-year follow-up of a case reportGerasimos Papacharalambous
Department of Vascular Surgery, KAT Hospital, Athens, Greece
Vasc Endovascular Surg 41:265-70. 2007..Endovascular stent grafts can efficiently arrest massive exsanguination in critically ill patients with primary aortoenteric fistula. The risk of graft infection remains the most serious problem associated with this approach...
- Arterioureteral fistulas: a clinical, diagnostic, and therapeutic dilemmaDavid C Madoff
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Unit 325, Houston, TX 77030, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 182:1241-50. 2004
- Bilhemia: a fatal complication following percutaneous placement of a transhepatic inferior vena cava catheter in a childSergio Sierre
Department of Interventional Radiology, Hospital de Pediatria Prof JP Garrahan, Pichincha 1850, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Pediatr Radiol 37:498-500. 2007..The biloma was percutaneously drained, but a biliary-venous fistula led to a rapidly progressive and fatal bilhemia. We report this case as an infrequent complication of transhepatic catheterization...
- Successful treatment of a coronary cameral fistula secondary to elective sirolimus-eluting stent implantationProbal Roy
Division of Cardiology, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 9:98-100. 2008..The functional significance and management of these fistulae remain uncertain. We report such a case in a patient undergoing elective sirolimus-eluting stent implantation and provide a review of the literature...
- [Hematuria secondary to arterioureteral fistula. Endovascular treatment]L M Marco Pérez
Servicio de Urologia, Ciutat Sanitaria i Universitaria de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona
Actas Urol Esp 25:668-71. 2001..The diagnosis depend upon the clinical evidences (complementary explorations rarely provide specific findings). Classic treatment is bases on open surgery, while endovascular treatment may be an alternative with less aggressiveness...
- A new vascular sealant (Sealgel) to achieve rapid hemostasis after percutaneous angioplasty in anticoagulated patients: clinical feasibility and preliminary resultsJ M Lefebvre
Department of Cardiology, clinique de la Louvière, Lille, France
Eur Radiol 11:454-9. 2001..There were no clinical signs of embolism, inflammatory swelling, local infection, vascular fistula, or pseudoaneurysm. No surgery or blood transfusion was required...
- Rare complication of aortic valve replacement: aorto-right atrial fistulaOzer Badak
Department of Cardiology, Medical Faculty, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 3:373. 2003
- [Our experience in high-flow priapism due to uni-or bilateral arterio-lacunar fistula]J Rodriguez Tolra
Unidad de Andrologia, Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Univ de Bellvitge, L Hospitalet, Barcelona
Actas Urol Esp 31:113-9. 2007..To present our experience in both uni-and bilateral priapism, highlighting good results obtained with supraselective embolisation...
- Combined endovascular and surgical treatment of primary aortoesophageal fistulaEnrico Maria Marone
Department of Vascular Surgery, Vita Salute University, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
Tex Heart Inst J 37:722-4. 2010..Early follow-up evaluations suggest that our treatment of both patients was successful. We discuss the advantages and limitations of our technical choices and briefly review the pertinent medical literature...
- [Aortoenteric fistula secondary to aortobifemoral prosthesis infection]F Gabriel Botella
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia
An Med Interna 19:246-50. 2002....
- Endovascular approach to treating secondary arterioureteral fistulaA Sherif
Department of Urology, Uppsala Akademiska Sjukhus, Sweden
Scand J Urol Nephrol 36:80-2. 2002..Both patients presented with the clinical sign of intermittent gross hematuria. Both patients were successfully treated by endovascular intervention using graft covered stent...
- VENTRICULAR REMODELING IN HEART FAILUREPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of NSAIDs on risk of Incident Lung Cancer: a cohort studyChristopher Slatore; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Functional MR in Ischemic CardiomyopathyPaul Grayburn; Fiscal Year: 2007..Despite its known clinical utility for assessing the mechanism and severity of MR, TEE is not currently included in STICH. ..