Genomes and Genes
Summary: An idiopathic vascular disorder characterized by bilateral Raynaud phenomenon, the abrupt onset of digital paleness or CYANOSIS in response to cold exposure or STRESS.
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- Clinical practice. Raynaud's PhenomenonFredrick M Wigley
Division of Rheumatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1001-8. 2002
- Criteria for the classification of early systemic sclerosisE C LeRoy
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Rheumatol 28:1573-6. 2001..We propose criteria for the early diagnosis and classification of systemic sclerosis that reflect the vascular and serological advances of the last 2 decades...
- Pulmonary hypertension in systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship with antiphospholipid antibodies and severe disease outcomeAyse Cefle
Division of Rheumatology, Medical Faculty, Kocaeli University, Kocaeli, Turkey
Rheumatol Int 31:183-9. 2011..We recommend that all patients with SLE, especially those positive for antiphospholipid antibodies and/or with signs of Raynaud's phenomenon should be regularly evaluated for the development of PH...
- Raynaud's phenomenon is correlated with elevated systolic pulmonary arterial pressure in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusA Kasparian
Department of Cardiology, Laikon General Hospital, Univ of Athens, School of Medicine, Athens, Greece
Lupus 16:505-8. 2007..In patients with SLE, the presence of RP was associated with elevation in PASP. Further investigation is needed to clarify the significance of this relation...
- Raynaud's phenomenon and the role of capillaroscopyMaurizio Cutolo
University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 48:3023-30. 2003
- Thermographic and symptomatic effect of a single dose of sildenafil citrate on Raynaud's phenomenon in patients with systemic sclerosis: a potential treatmentNamita Kumar
J Rheumatol 33:1918-9. 2006
- Statins: potentially useful in therapy of systemic sclerosis-related Raynaud's phenomenon and digital ulcersAnna Abou-Raya
Department of Rheumatology, University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt
J Rheumatol 35:1801-8. 2008..Statins display pleiotropic effects on endothelial function that may potentially retard vascular injury. We evaluated the potential efficacy of statin therapy in endothelial dysfunction and in management of RP and DU...
- Raynaud's phenomenon: pathogenesis and managementRichard Bakst
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 59:633-53. 2008..The purpose of this review is to discuss recent breakthroughs in the pathogenesis and treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon...
- Raynaud's phenomenon as a manifestation of parvovirus B19 infection: case reports and review of parvovirus B19 rheumatic and vasculitic syndromesL Harel
Department of Pediatrics C, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petah Tiqva 49 202, Israel
Clin Infect Dis 30:500-3. 2000..We recommend that in cases of unexplained Raynaud's phenomenon, serology for parvovirus B19 be included in the evaluation...
- Effects of bosentan on the skin lesions: an observational study from a single center in JapanMasanori Funauchi
Department of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Kinki University School of Medicine, 377 2 Ohnohigashi, Osaka Sayama, Osaka, 589 8511, Japan
Rheumatol Int 29:769-75. 2009..The pathological background to the improvement in dermal sclerosis observed in this study should be further investigated...
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluoxetineB Coleiro
Centre for Rheumatology (Royal Free Campus, Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, Rowland Hill Street, London, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:1038-43. 2001..Larger and placebo-controlled trials are warranted to assess fluoxetine's therapeutic potential further in this vasospastic condition...
- The Enduro motorcyclist's wrist and other overuse injuries in competitive Enduro motorcyclists: a prospective studyM Sabeti-Aschraf
Department for Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery AKH Wien, Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Scand J Med Sci Sports 18:582-90. 2008..After the second run 32.28% of all riders had CTS in the left hand and 43.31% in the right hand. More than one-half of the athletes complained of overuse injuries. Transient CTS is an overuse injury closely related to sports...
- Nailfold videocapillaroscopic patterns and serum autoantibodies in systemic sclerosisM Cutolo
Research Laboratory and Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genova, Genoa, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:719-26. 2004....
- Calcium-channel blockers for Raynaud's phenomenon in systemic sclerosisA E Thompson
University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 44:1841-7. 2001..3 attacks in 2 weeks and 35% less severity), and a further large, randomized controlled trial needs to be conducted...
- [Bosentan for treatment of active digital ulcers in patients with systemic sclerosis]David Launay
Service de Medecine Interne, Centre National de Référence Atteintes Vasculaires de la Sclérodermie, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHU de Lille, Universite Lille 2
Presse Med 35:587-92. 2006..To describe the effect of bosentan and its dual inhibition of endothelin-1 ETA and ETB receptors on digital ulcers in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- CapillaroscopyMaurizio Cutolo
Research Laboratory and Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, 16132 Genova, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 19:437-52. 2005..Other major NVC patterns have been described in the field of rheumatic diseases. Interestingly, correlations are evident between the NVC and the clinical symptoms, severity of the disease and the laboratory findings...
- The effects of tadalafil on cold-induced vasoconstriction in patients with Raynaud's phenomenonE A Friedman
1Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 81:503-9. 2007..The clinical benefit in patients with RP treated with PDE5 inhibitors probably involves mechanisms other than acute inhibition of cold-induced vasoconstriction...
- Pathogenesis of Raynaud's phenomenonA L Herrick
University of Manchester Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:587-96. 2005..As our understanding of the pathophysiology of Raynaud's phenomenon increases, so do our possibilities for identifying effective treatments...
- Randomized placebo-controlled crossover trial of tadalafil in Raynaud's phenomenon secondary to systemic sclerosisElena Schiopu
University of Michigan Scleroderma Program, 24 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, P O Box 481, Ann Arbor, MI 48106 5753, USA
J Rheumatol 36:2264-8. 2009..The study was designed to assess the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of tadalafil, a selective, long acting type V cyclic GMP phosphodiesterase (PDE-5) inhibitor, in this clinical syndrome...
- Pathophysiology and clinical consequences of Raynaud's phenomenon related to systemic sclerosisC Sunderkotter
Department of Dermatology and Venereology, University Hospital Munster, Von Esmarch Str 58, 48149 Munster, Germany
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:iii33-5. 2006..They should also have a positive impact on the course of SSc in general...
- Sildenafil improved pulmonary hypertension and peripheral blood flow in a patient with scleroderma-associated lung fibrosis and the raynaud phenomenonStephan Rosenkranz
Ann Intern Med 139:871-3. 2003
- Renin-angiotensin system mediators and Raynaud's phenomenonHeidi M Wood
College of Pharmacy, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242 1009, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1998-2002. 2006..To review the use of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs) in the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon (RP)...
- Citalopram-induced Raynaud's phenomenonA M Peiró
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Hospital General de Alicante, c Pintor Baeza s n, 03010, Alicante, Spain
Rheumatol Int 27:599-601. 2007
- Increased asymmetric dimethylarginine and endothelin 1 levels in secondary Raynaud's phenomenon: implications for vascular dysfunction and progression of diseaseSanjay Rajagopalan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0273, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:1992-2000. 2003..To compare microvascular and macrovascular functions in a cohort of patients with primary and secondary Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) who were matched for demographic, risk factor, and severity profiles...
- Assessment of digital vascular structure and function in response to bosentan in patients with systemic sclerosis-related Raynaud's phenomenonT L Moore
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:363-4. 2007
- The vasculopathy of Raynaud's phenomenon and sclerodermaNicholas A Flavahan
Heart and Lung Research Institute, Ohio State University, 473 West 12th Avenue, Columbus OH 43210, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 29:275-91, vi. 2003....
- Management of vasospastic disorders with botulinum toxin AAllen L Van Beek
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Cardiology, Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:217-26. 2007..After digital artery sympathectomy, recurrence or persistence of vasospasm may compromise hand function and ultimately result in amputation of all or portions of both lower and upper extremities...
- Comparison of thermography and laser Doppler imaging in the assessment of Raynaud's phenomenonStuart Clark
University of Manchester Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, M6 8HD, Salford, UK
Microvasc Res 66:73-6. 2003..Therefore one technique cannot substitute for another...
- Smoking, alcohol consumption, and Raynaud's phenomenon in middle ageLisa G Suter
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Conn, USA
Am J Med 120:264-71. 2007..Our objective was to determine whether smoking and alcohol are independently associated with Raynaud's in a large, community-based cohort...
- Botulinum toxin in the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon: a pilot studyT Sycha
Eur J Clin Invest 34:312-3. 2004
- [Iloprost for severe Raynaud's phenomenon and ischaemic ulcers related with systemic diseases]Francisco José García Hernández
Unidad de Colagenosis Servicio de Medicina Interna Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío Sevilla España
Med Clin (Barc) 122:501-4. 2004..To evaluate the long term efficacy of treatment with intravenous iloprost for severe Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) and ischemic leg ulcers in patients with autoimmune systemic diseases...
- Comparable effects of sildenafil citrate and alprostadil on severe Raynaud's phenomenon in a patient with systemic sclerosisY Kamata
Clin Exp Dermatol 30:451. 2005
- Use of tadalafil in a patient with a secondary Raynaud's phenomenon not responding to sildenafilMagnus Baumhaekel
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital of the Saarland, Kirrbergerstr, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Microvasc Res 69:178-9. 2005..Therefore, therapy of Raynaud's phenomenon with the new PDE-V-inhibitor tadalafil seems to be an effective treatment option in patients not responding to sildenafil...
- Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibition is a novel therapeutic option in Raynaud diseaseEvren Caglayan
Klinik III fur Innere Medizin, Universitat zu Koln, Koln, Germany
Arch Intern Med 166:231-3. 2006b>Raynaud disease (RD) is a common disorder affecting 3% to 5% of the healthy population, and occurs in more than 90% of patients with connective tissue diseases...
- Mechanisms of Raynaud's diseaseJohn P Cooke
Section of Vascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5406, USA
Vasc Med 10:293-307. 2005..A deficiency or increased degradation of nitric oxide, possibly due to increased oxidative stress, may be involved in some cases. These recent pathophysiological insights may lead to new therapeutic options...
- Efficacy and tolerability of a selective alpha(2C)-adrenergic receptor blocker in recovery from cold-induced vasospasm in scleroderma patients: a single-center, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized crossover studyRobert A Wise
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:3994-4001. 2004..This study observed the effect of OPC-28326 on skin temperature and digital blood flow following an acute cold challenge in patients with Raynaud's phenomenon secondary to scleroderma...
- Iloprost treatment in patients with Raynaud's phenomenon secondary to systemic sclerosis and the quality of life: a new therapeutic protocolG Milio
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:999-1004. 2006..To evaluate the clinical efficacy and the effects on the quality of life of iloprost, a prostacyclin analogue, used according to a new protocol in patients with Raynaud's phenomenon secondary to systemic sclerosis...
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon with escitalopramAnsgar Buecking
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 8:307-8. 2005
- Calcium channel blockers for primary Raynaud's phenomenon: a meta-analysisA E Thompson
Mary Pack Arthritis Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:145-50. 2005..To determine the efficacy of calcium channel blockers (CCBs) for primary Raynaud's phenomenon (RP). Primary outcomes were frequency and severity of RP attacks...
- Successful treatment of severe Raynaud's phenomenon with bosentan in four patients with systemic sclerosisM Ramos-Casals
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:1454-6. 2004
- Severe digital ischaemia treated with phosphodiesterase inhibitorsC R Kumana
Ann Rheum Dis 63:1522-4. 2004
- Treatment of severe Raynaud's phenomenon with bosentan in a patient with systemic sclerosisJ Dunne
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:911-2. 2006
- Laser Doppler imaging: a developing technique for application in the rheumatic diseasesA K Murray
University of Manchester, Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 43:1210-8. 2004
- Sildenafil in the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon resistant to vasodilatory therapyRoland Fries
Klinik für Innere Medizin III Kardiologie, Angiologie, Internistische Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Circulation 112:2980-5. 2005..Vasodilatory therapy of Raynaud's phenomenon represents a difficult clinical problem because treatment often remains inefficient and may be not tolerated because of side effects...
- Increased tyrosine phosphorylation mediates the cooling-induced contraction and increased vascular reactivity of Raynaud's diseasePhilip B Furspan
C S Mott Center, Wayne State University, 275 East Hancock Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:1578-85. 2004..This study tests the hypothesis that increased PTK activity mediates the increased vascular reactivity to agonists and cooling associated with primary Raynaud's disease (RD)...
- Successful treatment of patients with severe secondary Raynaud's phenomenon with the endothelin receptor antagonist bosentanN Selenko-Gebauer
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases DIAID, Department of Dermatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna General Hospital, Austria
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:iii45-8. 2006....
- Oral sildenafil for the treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon and digital ulcers secondary to systemic sclerosisJ Gore
Ann Rheum Dis 64:1387. 2005
- Skin blood flow in adult human thermoregulation: how it works, when it does not, and whyNisha Charkoudian
Department of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:603-12. 2003..Raynaud phenomenon and erythromelalgia represent cutaneous microvascular disorders whose pathophysiology appears to relate to disorders of local and/or reflex thermoregulatory control of the skin circulation...
- Diagnosis and management of scleroderma peripheral vascular diseaseAriane Herrick
Rheumatic Diseases Centre, University of Manchester, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford M6 8HD, UK
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 34:89-114; vii. 2008..New vasoactive treatments are currently being researched and older treatments revisited; therefore new approaches to therapy will likely be developed over the next 5 to 10 years...
- Systemic sclerosis therapy with iloprost: a prospective observational study of 30 patients treated for a median of 3 yearsL Bettoni
Servizio di Reumatologia ed Immunologia Clinica, Spedali Civili and University, I 25124 Brescia, Italy
Clin Rheumatol 21:244-50. 2002..In conclusion, long-term therapy with iloprost in patients with SSc has a durable effectiveness on ischaemic ulcers and Raynaud's phenomenon, but it is not possible to conclude that the natural history of the disease was modified...
- MQX-503, a novel formulation of nitroglycerin, improves the severity of Raynaud's phenomenon: a randomized, controlled trialLorinda Chung
Stanford University, Stanford, California, and VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:870-7. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the tolerability and efficacy of a novel formulation of topical nitroglycerin, MQX-503, in the treatment of RP in an ambulatory setting...
- Prevalence of migraine and Raynaud's phenomenon in Japanese patients with vasospastic anginaY Nakamura
Department of Cardiology, Kanazawa National Hospital, Japan
Jpn Circ J 64:239-42. 2000..This may be partially explained by racial differences...
- Bosentan therapy for patients with severe Raynaud's phenomenon in systemic sclerosisM E Hettema
Ann Rheum Dis 66:1398-9. 2007
- Treatment of Raynaud's phenomenonMario Garcia-Carrasco
Systemic Autoimmune Diseases Research Unit, HGR 36, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, Puebla, Mexico
Autoimmun Rev 8:62-8. 2008..This has opened promising therapeutic avenues, and it is likely that therapies targeted towards specific pathophysiologic steps become available in the near future...
- Low versus high-dose iloprost therapy over 21 days in patients with secondary Raynaud's phenomenon and systemic sclerosis: a randomized, open, single-center studyAnnegret Kawald
Department of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
J Rheumatol 35:1830-7. 2008..We compared the efficacy of different dosages of longterm iloprost treatment on Raynaud's phenomenon (RP), ulcer healing, skin thickening, and progression of internal organ sclerosis in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- Cold stimulus fingertip lacticemy test--an effective method to monitor acute therapeutic intervention on primary Raynaud's phenomenon and systemic sclerosisS M A Fontenelle
Rheumatology Division, Escola Paulista de Medicina, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, SP 04023 062, Brazil
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:80-3. 2008..We evaluated how the CS-FTL test can assess the acute effect of nifedipine in microvascular dynamics on primary RP and RP secondary to SSc...
- Intravenous N-acetylcysteine for treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon secondary to systemic sclerosis: a pilot studyP Sambo
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale, Ematologia ed Immunologia Clinica, University of Ancona, Italy
J Rheumatol 28:2257-62. 2001..Side effects were minor, easily controlled, and reversible. CONCLUSION: N-acetylcysteine appears to be safe for the treatment of RP secondary to SSc. These preliminary data warrant further controlled studies...
- Effects of long-term cyclic iloprost therapy in systemic sclerosis with Raynaud's phenomenon. A randomized, controlled studyR Scorza
Clinical Immunology and Allergy, University of Milan, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 19:503-8. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of long-term cyclic therapy with iloprost in comparison with nifedipine on the skin score, pulmonary function and Raynaud's severity score in patients with SSc and RP...
- Raynaud's phenomenonJ A Block
Section of Rheumatology, Rush Medical College, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, 1725 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Lancet 357:2042-8. 2001....
- Increased urinary F2-isoprostanes in systemic sclerosis, but not in primary Raynaud's phenomenon: effect of cold exposureJean Luc Cracowski
Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Arthritis Rheum 46:1319-23. 2002....
- Determination of fingertip lacticemy before and after cold stimulus in patients with primary Raynaud's phenomenon and systemic sclerosisMario L C Pucinelli
J Rheumatol 29:1401-3. 2002..Establishing a cold stimulus test based on the measurement of finger tip lacticemy (FTL) in Raynaud's phenomenon (RP)...
- Plasma adrenomedullin and endothelin-1 levels are reduced and Raynaud's phenomenon improved by daily tadalafil administration in male patients with systemic sclerosisE Rosato
Department of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 23:23-9. 2009..The results of our study lead us to postulate the beneficial effect of adding long term inhibition of Phosphodiesterase type 5 to Systemic Sclerosis' therapy...
- Serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Raynaud's phenomenon and erythromelalgiaJ Rey
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:601-2. 2003
- Raynaud's phenomenon induced by drugs acting on neurotransmission: two cases under reboxetine and one under tegaserodRaffaela Bertoli
Regional Pharmacovigilance Center Tessin, Lugano Regional Hospital, Via Tesserete 46, 6900, Lugano, Switzerland
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 58:717. 2003
- Long-term sequelae of treatment for testicular germ cell tumoursD Bissett
CRC Department of Medical Oncology, Beatson Oncology Centre, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Br J Cancer 62:655-9. 1990..Long-term sequelae of cisplatin-based chemotherapy for testicular malignancy are frequent and persistent, and follow-up of these patients should include prospective measurement of changes in blood pressure...
- Anticentromere antibody positive Sjögren's Syndrome: a retrospective descriptive analysisVasiliki Kalliopi K Bournia
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University, 75 Mikras Asias Street, 11527, Athens, Greece
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R47. 2010..Our goal was to describe this group clinically and serologically and define its tendency to evolve to full blown SSc...
- Use of sildenafil citrate in Raynaud's phenomenon: comment on the article by Thompson et alJack R Lichtenstein
Arthritis Rheum 48:282-3; author reply 283. 2003
- Long-term somatic side-effects and morbidity in testicular cancer patientsN Aass
Department of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo
Br J Cancer 61:151-5. 1990..In conclusion, 3-7 years after treatment for testicular cancer, 30-50% of the patients had minor somatic complaints whereas serious side-effects seldom occurred...
- Laser Doppler perfusion imaging is useful in the study of Raynaud's phenomenon and improves the capillaroscopic diagnosisEdoardo Rosato
Department of Clinical Medicine, Clinical Immunology Unit Scleroderma Center, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Rheumatol 36:2257-63. 2009....
- Noninvasive imaging techniques in the assessment of scleroderma spectrum disordersAndrea K Murray
School of Translational Medicine, University of Manchester, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford, UK
Arthritis Rheum 61:1103-11. 2009....
- Systemic sclerosis: an update for cliniciansAriane L Herrick
Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Clinical Sciences Building, University of Manchester, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford M6 8HD
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 69:464-70. 2008..This review will discuss diagnosis, subtyping, and the major clinical features and their management...
- Prognostic model based on nailfold capillaroscopy for identifying Raynaud's phenomenon patients at high risk for the development of a scleroderma spectrum disorder: PRINCE (prognostic index for nailfold capillaroscopic examination)Francesca Ingegnoli
Department of Rheumatology, Instituto Gaetano Pini, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 58:2174-82. 2008..To construct a prognostic index based on nailfold capillaroscopic examinations that is capable of predicting the 5-year transition from isolated Raynaud's phenomenon (RP) to RP secondary to scleroderma spectrum disorders (SSDs)...
- Colour duplex sonography of finger arteries in vasculitis and in systemic sclerosisW A Schmidt
Medical Centre for Rheumotology Berlin Buch, Karower Str 11, 13125, Berlin, Germany
Ann Rheum Dis 65:265-7. 2006..All patients experienced a sudden onset of Raynaud's phenomenon or acrocyanosis when they had a flare of their disease...
- Cardiovascular risk and prostanoids in systemic sclerosisM Colaci
Chair and Rheumatology Unit, University of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Medical School Policlinico di Modena, Modena, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 26:333-6. 2008..In patients resistant to oral treatments, i.v. prostanoids are usefully employed. Some anecdotal reports underlined the potential risk to develop cardiovascular ischemic complications in prostanoid-treated SSc patients...
- Infrared-monitored cold response in the assessment of Raynaud's phenomenonJ Foerster
Clinic for Dermatology, Charite, Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Dermatol 31:6-12. 2006..We have previously shown that fingertip re-warming after cold challenge follows a first-order transient response curve that can be described by a single variable, designated tau...
- Possible role of iloprost (stable analog of PG12) in promoting neoangiogenesis in systemic sclerosisP Faggioli
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:220-1. 2006
- Digital thermal hyperaemia impairment does not relate to skin fibrosis or macrovascular disease in systemic sclerosisM Salvat-Melis
INSERM ESPRI HP2 Laboratory, Grenoble Medical School, Grenoble University Hospital, Grenoble, France
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:1490-6. 2006..Thermal hyperaemia is impaired in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc). The objective of these studies was to determine whether this was consecutive to skin fibrosis, microangiopathy or macroangiopathy...
- [Pathogenic mechanisms in systemic sclerosis and their therapeutical consequences. Part 2: treatment]J P Zuber
Service d immunologie et d allergie Département de médecine CHUV, BH 18 707
Rev Med Suisse 2:1058, 1060-6. 2006..Prostaglandins, endothelin receptor antagonists and phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors permit to improve the treatment of the vascular complications (digital ulcerations, pulmonary arterial hypertension) of scleroderma...
- Maximum blood flow and microvascular regulatory responses in systemic sclerosisH Gunawardena
Rheumatology, Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases, Bath, BA1 1RL, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:1079-82. 2007..SSc patients have abnormal microvascular regulatory responses compared with PRP and controls. This study also suggests that the degree of endothelial dysfunction may be related to the degree of peripheral vascular involvement...
- [Manifestations of scleroderma at the hand--options for hand surgery in an interdisciplinary concept]A Daigeler
Universitätsklinik für Plastische Chirurgie und Schwerbrandverletzte, Handchirurgiezentrum, Operatives Referenzzentrum für Gliedmassentumoren, Berufsgenossenschaftliche Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Burkle de la Camp Platz 1, 44789 Bochum
Handchir Mikrochir Plast Chir 39:128-34. 2007..With reference to several cases seen at our institution, we propose an interdisciplinary treatment concept for acral manifestations of scleroderma...
- Connective tissue disordersLynn A Babin
Cincinnati State Technical and Community College, OH, USA
Dermatol Nurs 19:200, 207. 2007
- Assessment of abnormal blood flow and efficacy of treatment in patients with systemic sclerosis using a newly developed microwireless laser Doppler flowmeter and arm-raising testM Kido
Department of Dermatology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Br J Dermatol 157:690-7. 2007....
- [Pulmonary arterial hypertension in connective tissue disease]V Cottin
Service de Pneumologie, centre de référence des maladies orphelines pulmonaires, Hopital Louis Pradel, Hospices Civils de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, UMR 754 INRA ENVL UCBL IFR128, Lyon, France
Rev Mal Respir 23:13S61-72. 2006..PAH is defined by mean arterial pulmonary pressure > 25 mmHg at rest (or 30 mmHg during exercise) during right heart catheterisation...
- The 'distal-dorsal difference': a thermographic parameter by which to differentiate between primary and secondary Raynaud's phenomenonM E Anderson
University of Liverpool Adademic Rheumatology Unit, University Hospital Aintree, Liverpool, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 46:533-8. 2007....
- Effect of clonazepam on Raynaud's phenomenon and fingertip ulcers in sclerodermaMurat Colakoglu
Departmen of Nephrology, School of Medicine, Pamukkale University, Denizli, Turkey
Ann Pharmacother 41:1544-7. 2007..To report the novel finding of a significant improvement in Raynaud's phenomenon symptoms with clonazepam in a patient with systemic sclerosis...
- Diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis treated with intravenous iloprostC Foti
Clin Exp Dermatol 29:321-3. 2004
- [Systemic sclerosis]S Kleinert
Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie und Klinische Immunologie, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitat Wurzburg, Klinikstrasse 6 8, 97070, Wurzburg, Germany
Internist (Berl) 47:1051-61; quiz 1062. 2006..In the acute state, immunosuppressive agents are needed in case of significant organ involvement. Vasodilative drugs are often used for the symptomatic treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon...
- [Therapy of systemic sclerosis]M Meurer
Dermatologie am Universitätsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Technische Universitat Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307, Dresden, Germany
Hautarzt 58:851-7. 2007..The current developments in organ-specific therapy are the main topic of the article. Finally, possibilities of disease-modifying drugs and value of HSCT are discussed...
- [Systemic sclerosis--a challenge in rheumatology]P Saar
Abt für Rheumatologie und klinische Immunologie, Lehrstuhl für Innere Medizin mit Schwerpunkt Rheumatologie der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, Kerckhoff Klinik, Bad Nauheim
Z Rheumatol 65:429-38; quiz 439-40. 2006..Life expectancy is limited and depends predominantly on the extent of the organs involved. Therefore, it is essential to diagnose SSc early and to identify and closely monitor the organs involved...
- [Iloprost for the treatment of systemic sclerosis]Eric Hachulla
Centre de référence des maladies auto immunes et maladies systémiques rares sclérodermie systémique, Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Claude Huriez, CHU, Universite de Lille 2, F 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Presse Med 37:831-9. 2008..Intravenous iloprost improves kidney vasospasm in patients with scleroderma. The possible benefits of sequential intravenous iloprost on the natural course of scleroderma require further investigation...
- [Systemic sclerosis - diagnosis and classification]E Genth
Rheumaklinik und Rheumaforschungsinstitut Aachen, Burtscheider Markt 24, 52066, Aachen, Germany
Z Rheumatol 65:268-74. 2006....
- Vasodilator iontophoresis a possible new therapy for digital ischaemia in systemic sclerosis?A K Murray
Rheumatic Diseases Centre, Hope Hospital, Salford M6 8HD, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 47:76-9. 2008..This study investigated whether whole finger vasodilator iontophoresis increases digital blood flow in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc): If so, this might indicate a novel approach to therapy...
- Successful treatment of digital ulcers in a scleroderma patient with continuous bilateral thoracic sympathetic blockKyung Ream Han
Pain Clinic, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Ajou University Hospital, Suwon, Korea
Pain Physician 11:91-6. 2008..Thoracic sympathetic outflow blocking has been performed with various techniques. However, there have been some limitations in all treatment options...
- Iloprost enhances portal flow velocity and volume in patients with systemic sclerosisEnrico Maria Zardi
Interdisciplinary Center for Biomedical Research CIR, Laboratory of Internal Medicine and Hepatology and Campus Bio Medico University, School of Medicine, 00155 Roma, Italy
In Vivo 20:377-80. 2006....
- [Dysthyroidism and connective pathology]I Schachter
UOC di Angiologia, Azienda Ospedaliera S Giovanni Addolorata, Roma
Minerva Cardioangiol 54:811-4. 2006..The aim of the study is to evaluate the degree of the relationship between dysthyroidism and connective pathology, both autoimmune diseases, presenting, sometimes, an early common symptom: the Raynaud phenomenon...
- Nailfold video-capillaroscopy in systemic sclerosisM Cutolo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genova, Viale Benedetto XV, 6, 16132 Genova, Italy
Z Rheumatol 63:457-62. 2004..Further clinical and epidemiological studies, as well as a standardized and computerized quantitation of the observed damages are required...
- [Digital flow exploration by color Doppler ultrasound in patients with Raynaud's disease or systemic sclerosis]C Cazalets
Service de Medecine Interne, Hopital Sud, Rennes
J Mal Vasc 29:12-20. 2004..We evaluated digital blood flow in patients with RD and SS using color Doppler ultrasound...
- Ulnar artery involvement in systemic sclerosis (scleroderma)Marian H Taylor
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Rheumatol 29:102-6. 2002....
- [Sclerodermic acrosyndromes]Patrick H Carpentier
Unité de médecine vasculaire Hôpital Michallon 38043 Grenoble
Rev Prat 52:1891-5. 2002..In the most severe cases, hospitalization in specialized centers is required, where customized physiotherapy and perfusions of prostaglandins or dextrans will be performed...
- Infrared functional imaging applied to Raynaud's phenomenonArcangelo Merla
Department of Clinical Sciences and Bioimaging, University of Chieti
IEEE Eng Med Biol Mag 21:73-9. 2002
- Association between capillaroscopy, haemorheological variables and plasma proteins in patients bearing Raynaud's phenomenonM I Spengler
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Cátedra de Física Biológica, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Santa Fe 3100, CP 2000, Rosario, Argentina
Clin Hemorheol Microcirc 30:17-24. 2004..Therefore, we can conclude that high levels of fibrinogen in Raynaud's phenomenon patients are associated with impaired skin microcirculation assessed by periungual capillaroscopy...
- BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT OF MENOPAUSAL HOT FLASHESRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Sleep Disturbance in MenopauseRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2006..In Study 5, we will determine the effects of elevated sympathetic activation on HFs and sleep using a stimulus that does not, by itself, disrupt sleep (orthostasis). ..
- The Cost-Effectiveness of MRI in Early Rheumatoid ArthritisLISA SUTER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results will address an important unanswered question in Rheumatology that would otherwise require years of costly prospective research. ..
- BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT OF MENOPAUSAL HOT FLASHESRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- BEHAVIORAL TREATMENT OF MENOPAUSAL HOT FLASHESRobert Freedman; Fiscal Year: 1993
- Regulation of SPARC in Scleroderma FibroblastsXiaodong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, we will investigate whether exogenous SPARC can restore or increase fibrogenic effects of TGF-beta on cultured fibroblasts with or without suppression of the SPARC gene using recombinent SPARC protein. ..
- Studies in Scleroderma and Cystic Fibrosis OsteoporosisPeter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2005..A unique seminar and a series of support services at the host institution will further complement the training program. ..
- Plasma Exchange and Glucocorticoids for Treatment of ANCA-Associated VasculitisPeter A Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application seeks funding to support 5 study sties in the United States and combine resources with funding from the United Kingdom. ..
- Genetic Determinants of PADJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..Sinai and Stanford University which has extensive expertise in cell and vascular biological studies, integrative physiology, human genomic and genetic studies, epidemiology and clinical trials in PAD. ..
- Perfusion of Active Muscles: Metabolites and NervesMichael Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2009..We propose novel and innovative strategies to address a number of currently unresolved issues and controversies related to these topics in humans. ..
- Molecular Basis of Fibrosis: Regulation of CollagenJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies will test this hypothesis. The results may elucidate novel strategies for the treatment of SSc. ..
- Plasma Exchange and Glucocorticoids for Treatment of ANCA-Associated VasculitisPeter Merkel; Fiscal Year: 2009..This application seeks funding to support 5 study sties in the United States and combine resources with funding from the United Kingdom. ..
- Neurovascular Control and Blood Pressure Regulation in HumansMichael J Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2010..In summary, this overall approach will permit us to understand how normotensive is maintained in humans with high baseline sympathetic activity and set the stage for understanding how these mechanisms might fail in hypertension. ..
- MANIPULATION OF THE NOS PATHWAY IN ARTERIAL DISEASEJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies may lead to a novel and cost-effective strategy for treatment of peripheral arterial disease. ..
- PERFUSION OF ACTIVE MUSCLES--METABOLITES AND NERVESMichael Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2001..These vasodilating mechanisms may have significance in a variety of disease states associated with endothelial and autonomic dysfunction. ..
- REGULATION OF COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION BY TGF BETAJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results will facilitate the design of interventions to selectively inhibit this process. ..
- NO-CGMP INHIBITION OF UROGENITAL SMOOTH MUSCLEChristopher Rembold; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- NO AND EXERCISE VASODILATION IN HUMAN HYPERLIPIDEMIAMichael Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Data from these patient- oriented studies have implications related to understanding the contribution of endothelial function in a variety of common diseases. ..
- Fibroblast TGF-beta/Signaling in Scleroderma: Modulation by PPAR-gammaJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide a better definition of fibrosis in SSc, the role of PPAR-g in regulating the response, and the potential clinical utility of therapies targeting PPAR-g in SSc. ..
- Fibroblast TGF-beta/Signaling in Scleroderma: Modulation by PPAR-gammaJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies will provide a better definition of fibrosis in SSc, the role of PPAR-g in regulating the response, and the potential clinical utility of therapies targeting PPAR-g in SSc. ..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWILLIAM BARRY WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- Contingency Management for Initiating Smoking AbstinenceWilliam White; Fiscal Year: 2009..Clinic and 24-hour blood pressure (BP) and heart rate (HR) will be additional outcomes. We expect that BP and HR will decrease more among CM than non-CM patients and reductions in smoking may mediate decreases in these indices. ..
- Stanford Vascular Biology and Medicine Training GrantJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Fibroblast TGF-beta/Smad Signaling in SclerodermaJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results will clarify the role of Smad signal pathway in mediating the development of fibrosis in SSc, and reveal the feasibility of therapeutically targeting. ..
- Signal-transduction of Endothelial nAChR in AngiogenesisJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOLECULAR BASIS: REGULATION OF COLLAGEN BY TGF-BETAJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Stanford Career Development in Vascular MedicineJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract). ..
- ADMA: An endogenous inhibitor of ESC differentiation and EC regenerationJohn Cooke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide fundamental insights regarding the use of ESC- derived EC for endothelial regeneration, with specific attention to therapeutic angiogenesis, and its regulation by NOS. ..
- IDO: A Novel Endogenous Suppressor of InflammationJohn Varga; Fiscal Year: 2002..The potential of IDO and TRP starvation to modulate both early and late steps in the synovial inflammatory response makes an approach to synovitis treatment based on TRP depletion particularly appealing. ..