Genomes and Genes
brain hypoxia ischemia
Summary: A disorder characterized by a reduction in oxygen supply (HYPOXIA) combined with reduced blood flow (ISCHEMIA) to the brain. This condition may result from a localized obstruction of a cerebral artery or from systemic hypoperfusion. Prolonged hypoxia-ischemia is associated with ISCHEMIC ATTACK, TRANSIENT; BRAIN INFARCTION; BRAIN EDEMA; COMA; and other conditions.
Publications319 found, 100 shown here
- Neonatal brain injuryDonna M Ferriero
Department of Neurolog, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0663, USA
N Engl J Med 351:1985-95. 2004
- Selective head cooling with mild systemic hypothermia after neonatal encephalopathy: multicentre randomised trialPeter D Gluckman
The Liggins Institute, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Lancet 365:663-70. 2005..We did a multicentre randomised controlled trial to find out if delayed head cooling can improve neurodevelopmental outcome in babies with neonatal encephalopathy...
- Whole-body hypothermia for neonates with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathySeetha Shankaran
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Wayne State University, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
N Engl J Med 353:1574-84. 2005..Hypothermia is protective against brain injury after asphyxiation in animal models. However, the safety and effectiveness of hypothermia in term infants with encephalopathy is uncertain...
- Moderate hypothermia to treat perinatal asphyxial encephalopathyDenis V Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences and Medical Research Council Clinical Sciences Centre, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom
N Engl J Med 361:1349-58. 2009..Whether hypothermic therapy improves neurodevelopmental outcomes in newborn infants with asphyxial encephalopathy is uncertain...
- Brain injury and neurofunctional deficit in neonatal mice with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyVadim S Ten
Department of Pediatrics, Columbia University, 3959 Broadway, BHS 12, Room 115, New York, NY 10032, USA
Behav Brain Res 145:209-19. 2003....
- Treatment of comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with induced hypothermiaStephen A Bernard
Intensive Care Unit, Dandenong Hospital, Dandenong, Australia
N Engl J Med 346:557-63. 2002..In a randomized, controlled trial, we compared the effects of moderate hypothermia and normothermia in patients who remained unconscious after resuscitation from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest...
- Microglia and inflammation: impact on developmental brain injuriesLi Jin Chew
Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia 20010, USA
Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev 12:105-12. 2006..Understanding the processes of inflammation and microglial activation is critical for formulating effective preventative and therapeutic strategies for developmental brain injuries...
- Inhibition of autophagy prevents hippocampal pyramidal neuron death after hypoxic-ischemic injuryMasato Koike
Department of Cell Biology and Neurosciences, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Am J Pathol 172:454-69. 2008....
- Human hippocampus and viewpoint dependence in spatial memoryJohn A King
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience and Department of Anatomy, University College, London, United Kingdom
Hippocampus 12:811-20. 2002..In addition, they suggest an extremely sensitive test for human hippocampal damage, and hint at the nature of the hippocampal role in episodic recollection...
- Hsp70 overexpression sequesters AIF and reduces neonatal hypoxic/ischemic brain injuryYasuhiko Matsumori
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California at San Francisco 94121, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 25:899-910. 2005..Our results suggest that interaction between Hsp70 and AIF might have reduced downstream events leading to cell death, including the reduction of nuclear AIF translocation in the neonatal brains of Hsp70 Tg mice after H/I...
- Long-term cognitive and behavioral consequences of neonatal encephalopathy following perinatal asphyxia: a reviewMariëlle van Handel
Department of Neonatology, University Medical Center Utrecht Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Heidelberglaan 1, 3584 CS Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3500 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 166:645-54. 2007..A few studies suggest elevated rates of hyperactivity in children with moderate NE and autism in children with moderate and severe NE...
- Neuroinflammation and both cytotoxic and vasogenic edema are reduced in interleukin-1 type 1 receptor-deficient mice conferring neuroprotectionJelena Lazovic
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Stroke 36:2226-31. 2005....
- Hypoxic-ischemic oligodendroglial injury in neonatal rat brainYiQing Liu
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0646, USA
Pediatr Res 51:25-33. 2002..Most importantly, we show that in this neonatal rodent stroke model, restoration of myelin proteins occurs after moderate, but not after more severe, cerebral hypoxia-ischemia...
- Intervention strategies for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic cerebral injuryJeffrey M Perlman
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Clin Ther 28:1353-65. 2006..It is during this recovery period that the potential for neuroprotection exists...
- Dexamethasone downregulates chemokine receptor CXCR4 and exerts neuroprotection against hypoxia/ischemia-induced brain injury in neonatal ratsKlara Felszeghy
INSERM E0350, Hopital St Antoine, FR 75574 Paris, France
Neuroimmunomodulation 11:404-13. 2004....
- Neuroprotective effect of cycloheximide on hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal ratsWon Soon Park
Department of Pediatrics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:337-41. 2006....
- Cerebral ischemia-hypoxia induces intravascular coagulation and autophagyFaisal Adhami
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Room 3464, 3333 Burnet Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Am J Pathol 169:566-83. 2006..Together, these results suggest that ischemia-hypoxia is a powerful stimulus for spontaneous coagulation leading to reperfusion deficits and autophagic/lysosomal cell death in brain...
- Erythropoietin improves long-term spatial memory deficits and brain injury following neonatal hypoxia-ischemia in ratsAbdullah Kumral
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University, Inciralti, 35340 Izmir, Turkey
Behav Brain Res 153:77-86. 2004..Since the wide use of Epo in premature newborns, this agent may be potentially beneficial in treating asphyxial brain damage in the perinatal period...
- Reduced fractional anisotropy on diffusion tensor magnetic resonance imaging after hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyPhil Ward
Department of Paediatrics, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London, England
Pediatrics 117:e619-30. 2006....
- Therapeutic hypothermia changes the prognostic value of clinical evaluation of neonatal encephalopathyAlistair J Gunn
Department of Physiology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
J Pediatr 152:55-8, 58.e1. 2008..To evaluate whether therapeutic hypothermia alters the prognostic value of clinical grading of neonatal encephalopathy...
- Growth hormone as a neuronal rescue factor during recovery from CNS injuryA Scheepens
Research Center for Developmental Medicine and Biology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Science, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Neuroscience 104:677-87. 2001..These results further suggest that a neural growth hormone axis is activated during recovery from injury and that this may act to restrict the extent of neuronal death...
- Hypoxic-ischemic injury results in acute disruption of myelin gene expression and death of oligodendroglial precursors in neonatal miceR P Skoff
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, 540 East Canfield, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 19:197-208. 2001....
- Matrix metalloproteinase-9 gene knock-out protects the immature brain after cerebral hypoxia-ischemiaPernilla Svedin
Department of Neuroscience and Physiology, Perinatal Center, Sahlgrenska Academy, Goteborg University, 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurosci 27:1511-8. 2007..In contrast, apoptosis does not appear to be a major contributing factor...
- Hypoxic damage to the periventricular white matter in neonatal brain: role of vascular endothelial growth factor, nitric oxide and excitotoxicityCharanjit Kaur
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Neurochem 98:1200-16. 2006..Our findings point towards the involvement of excitotoxicity, VEGF and NO in periventricular white matter damage in response to hypoxia...
- Different apoptotic mechanisms are activated in male and female brains after neonatal hypoxia-ischaemiaChanglian Zhu
Arvid Carlsson Institute of Neuroscience at the Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurochem 96:1016-27. 2006..However, critical sex-dependent differences were demonstrated in vivo with regard to cellular, apoptosis-related mechanisms...
- Delayed cerebral atrophy following moderate hypoxia-ischemia in the immature ratR Geddes
Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy, Hershey Medical Center/Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dev Neurosci 23:180-5. 2001..Thus, even a mild-moderate ischemic insult to the perinatal brain establishes a vulnerable region which ultimately dies without intervention...
- Proton MR spectroscopy in neonates with perinatal cerebral hypoxic-ischemic injury: metabolite peak-area ratios, relaxation times, and absolute concentrationsJ L Y Cheong
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University College London, 86 96 Chenies Mews, London WC1E 6HX, UK
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:1546-54. 2006....
- Combination effect of systemic hypothermia and caspase inhibitor administration against hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in neonatal ratsM Adachi
Department of Pediatrics, Kobe University School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Pediatr Res 50:590-5. 2001..2%) (p < 0.05 versus HI-37 degrees C). A combination of systemic hypothermia and BAF produced a strong protective effect against neuronal damage in the developing rat brain, along with a reduction in caspase-3 activity...
- Apoptosis-inducing factor is a major contributor to neuronal loss induced by neonatal cerebral hypoxia-ischemiaC Zhu
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cell Death Differ 14:775-84. 2007....
- Moderate hypothermia in neonatal encephalopathy: efficacy outcomesDorothea J Eicher
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Pediatr Neurol 32:11-7. 2005..019). Although these results need to be validated in a large clinical trial, this pilot trial provides important data for clinical trial design of hypothermia treatment in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injury...
- Erythropoietin prevents long-term sensorimotor deficits and brain injury following neonatal hypoxia-ischemia in ratsEvangelia Spandou
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Brain Res 1045:22-30. 2005..These findings indicate that long-term neuroprotective effect of Epo on neonatal HI-induced brain injury might be associated with the preservation of sensorimotor functions...
- TAT-mediated delivery of Bcl-xL protein is neuroprotective against neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury via inhibition of caspases and AIFWei Yin
Department of Neurology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Neurobiol Dis 21:358-71. 2006..Taken together, these results substantiate the feasibility of peripheral delivery of an anti-apoptotic factor into the brain of neonatal animals to reduce H-I-induced brain injury...
- Term neonate prognoses after perinatal asphyxia: contributions of MR imaging, MR spectroscopy, relaxation times, and apparent diffusion coefficientsChristophe Boichot
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Founders House 216, 55 Fruit St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Radiology 239:839-48. 2006....
- One-year neurodevelopmental outcome after moderate newborn hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathyG Carli
Department of Neonatal Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 40:217-20. 2004..To define the 1-year neurodevelopmental outcome for survivors of moderate (Sarnat stage 2) neonatal hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE) to facilitate appropriate parental counselling...
- Selective and long-term learning impairment following neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain insult in ratsT Ikeda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Miyazaki Medical College, 5200 Kihara, Kiyotake cho, 889 16, Miyazaki, Japan
Behav Brain Res 118:17-25. 2001..Findings of the study indicate that left-side brain damage produced by hypoxia-ischemia at 7 days of age resulted in selective and long-lasting learning and memory impairment...
- Residual hippocampal atrophy in asphyxiated term neonatesCristina Mañeru
Department of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychobiology, University of Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, c Casanova, 143, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Neuroimaging 13:68-74. 2003..Additionally, the authors looked for damage in other brain regions using voxel-based morphometry (VBM)...
- Therapeutic window for cycloheximide treatment after hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal ratsWon Soon Park
Department of Pediatrics, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 21:490-4. 2006..In summary, cycloheximide was neuroprotective when given within 6 hr after HI in the developing newborn rat brain...
- Delayed neurodegeneration in neonatal rat thalamus after hypoxia-ischemia is apoptosisF J Northington
Eudowood Neonatal Pulmonary Division, Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
J Neurosci 21:1931-8. 2001..We conclude that the delayed neurodegeneration in neonatal rat ventral basal thalamus after hypoxic-ischemic injury is apoptosis mediated by death receptor activation...
- Adult or perinatal brain injury: does sex matter?Patricia D Hurn
Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Pk Rd, UHS 2, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Stroke 36:193-5. 2005
- Defining the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of neonatal encephalopathy and cerebral palsyGary D V Hankins
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0587, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:628-36. 2003..Other criteria that together suggest intrapartum timing are also discussed...
- The influence of age on apoptotic and other mechanisms of cell death after cerebral hypoxia-ischemiaC Zhu
Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cell Death Differ 12:162-76. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first report demonstrating developmental regulation of AIF-mediated cell death as well as involvement of autophagy in a model of brain injury...
- Selective vulnerability of late oligodendrocyte progenitors to hypoxia-ischemiaStephen A Back
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Neurosci 22:455-63. 2002..2001), maturation-dependent vulnerability of OL progenitors to hypoxia-ischemia may underlie the selective vulnerability to PVL of the white matter in the premature infant...
- Minocycline attenuates hypoxia-ischemia-induced neurological dysfunction and brain injury in the juvenile ratLir Wan Fan
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Newborn Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, 39216, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:341-50. 2006..The present results show that minocycline has long-lasting protective effects in the neonatal rat brain in terms of both hypoxia-ischemia-induced brain injury and the associated neurological dysfunction...
- Interleukin-1 and the interleukin-1 type 1 receptor are essential for the progressive neurodegeneration that ensues subsequent to a mild hypoxic/ischemic injuryAnirban Basu
Departments of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, Radiology and Health Evaluation Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 25:17-29. 2005..Additionally, these data incriminate the IL-1R1 as a master proinflammatory cytokine receptor...
- Hypoxia-ischemia induces DNA synthesis without cell proliferation in dying neurons in adult rodent brainChia Yi Kuan
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Neurosci 24:10763-72. 2004..Manipulating the aberrant apoptosis-associated DNA synthesis that occurs with hypoxia-ischemia and perhaps neurodegenerative diseases could promote neuronal survival and neurogenesis...
- Minocycline alleviates hypoxic-ischemic injury to developing oligodendrocytes in the neonatal rat brainZ Cai
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Newborn Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, 39216 4505, USA
Neuroscience 137:425-35. 2006..The overall results suggest that reduction in microglial activation may protect developing oligodendrocytes in the neonatal brain from hypoxia-ischemia injury...
- Hypoxic-ischemic injury stimulates subventricular zone proliferation and neurogenesis in the neonatal ratJennifer Ong
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Pediatr Res 58:600-6. 2005..Identification of the trophic factors that enhance maturation and survival of immature neurons could provide important clues for improving recovery after neonatal brain injury...
- Hypothermia and perinatal asphyxia: executive summary of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development workshopRosemary D Higgins
Pregnancy and Perinatology Branch, Center for Developmental Biology and Perinatal Medicine, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH, 6100 Executive Boulevard, MSC 7510, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Pediatr 148:170-175. 2006
- Involvement of apoptosis-inducing factor in neuronal death after hypoxia-ischemia in the neonatal rat brainChanglian Zhu
Perinatal Center, Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurochem 86:306-17. 2003..In summary, AIF-mediated cell death may be an important mechanism of HI-induced neuronal loss in the immature brain...
- Delayed administration of a matrix metalloproteinase inhibitor limits progressive brain injury after hypoxia-ischemia in the neonatal ratChristopher C Leonardo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Neuroinflammation 5:34. 2008..AG3340 (prinomastat) is an MMP inhibitor with high selectivity for the gelatinases. The purpose of this study was to determine whether these compounds could limit H-I--induced injury when administered at a delayed time point...
- Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor inhibits apoptotic neuron loss after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia in ratsKenichiro Yata
Department of Physiology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Brain Res 1145:227-38. 2007..We conclude that G-CSF ameliorates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury and that this may occur in part by an inhibition of apoptotic cell death...
- Hypothermia to treat neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: systematic reviewPrakesh S Shah
Department of Paediatrics, Mount Sinai Hospital, and University of Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5, Canada
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 161:951-8. 2007..0-33.5 degrees C] or mild [>or=33.6 degrees C])...
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy: correlation of serial MRI and outcomeNursen Belet
Neonatalogy Unit, Ondokuz Mayis University Faculty of Medicine, 55139 Samsun, Turkey
Pediatr Neurol 31:267-74. 2004....
- Patterns of brain injury in neonates exposed to perinatal sentinel eventsAkudo Okereafor
Department of Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London, W12 OHS, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 121:906-14. 2008....
- Neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injury increases forebrain subventricular zone neurogenesis in the mouseJennifer M Plane
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neurobiol Dis 16:585-95. 2004..These results suggest that augmenting SVZ neuroblast recruitment and survival may improve neural repair after neonatal brain injury...
- Effects of allopurinol and deferoxamine on reperfusion injury of the brain in newborn piglets after neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaCacha Peeters-Scholte
Department of Neonatology, Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Res 54:516-22. 2003..We suggest that allopurinol and deferoxamine may have an additional value in the treatment of perinatal hypoxia-ischemia with other neuroprotective agents or in combination with hypothermia...
- Neurodevelopmental outcome of infants treated with head cooling and mild hypothermia after perinatal asphyxiaM R Battin
Newborn Service, National Women s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Pediatrics 107:480-4. 2001..To determine the neurodevelopmental outcome of infants treated with head cooling with systemic hypothermia after hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy...
- Perinatal brain injury in the preterm and term newbornAdre J Du Plessis
Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Neurology Fegan 11, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 15:151-7. 2002..Recent insights into the mechanisms of oligodendrocyte injury and the role of inflammatory substances in perinatal brain injury are also discussed...
- Hypothermia: a neuroprotective therapy for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyLillian R Blackmon
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Pediatrics 117:942-8. 2006
- Significant selective head cooling can be maintained long-term after global hypoxia ischemia in newborn pigletsJames Tooley
Department of Child Health, St Michael s Hospital, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 109:643-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to examine whether the brain (T(deep brain)) could be cooled to below the rectal temperature (T(rectal)) in our piglet hypoxia ischemia (HI) model for a period of 24 hours, using a head-cooling cap...
- Determinants of outcomes after head cooling for neonatal encephalopathyJohn S Wyatt
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University College London, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 119:912-21. 2007..The goal of this study was to evaluate the role of factors that may determine the efficacy of treatment with delayed head cooling and mild systemic hypothermia for neonatal encephalopathy...
- Inhibition of gelatinase activity reduces neural injury in an ex vivo model of hypoxia-ischemiaC C Leonardo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Neuroscience 160:755-66. 2009..These data, coupled with the effectiveness of these compounds previously shown in vivo, support the selective targeting of gelatin-degrading MMPs and activated microglia as potential therapeutic approaches to combat neonatal H-I injury...
- Secondary energy failure after cerebral hypoxia-ischemia in the immature ratRobert C Vannucci
Department of Pediatrics, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:1090-7. 2004....
- Xenon provides short-term neuroprotection in neonatal rats when administered after hypoxia-ischemiaJohn Dingley
University of Wales Swansea, United Kingdom
Stroke 37:501-6. 2006..We sought to determine whether xenon administration after the initial hypoxic-ischemic insult was neuroprotective...
- Hypoxia/ischemia expands the regenerative capacity of progenitors in the perinatal subventricular zoneZ Yang
Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Neuroscience 139:555-64. 2006..These observations provide evidence that the somatic neural progenitors of the subventricular zone participate in the production of new brain cells lost after hypoxia-ischemia...
- The effects of temperature on hypoxic-ischemic brain injuryAbbot R Laptook
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Clin Perinatol 29:623-49, vi. 2002....
- Treatment of asphyxiated newborns with moderate hypothermia in routine clinical practice: how cooling is managed in the UK outside a clinical trialD Azzopardi
Division of Clinical Sciences, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College, London W12 0NN, UK
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 94:F260-4. 2009..The registry was established on completion of enrolLment to the TOBY randomised trial of treatment with whole body hypothermia following perinatal asphyxia at the end of November 2006...
- Comparison between simultaneously recorded amplitude integrated electroencephalogram (cerebral function monitor) and standard electroencephalogram in neonatesMona C Toet
Department of Neonatology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Pediatrics 109:772-9. 2002....
- Pro-inflammatory disequilibrium of the IL-1 beta/IL-1ra ratio in an experimental model of perinatal brain damages induced by lipopolysaccharide and hypoxia-ischemiaSylvie Girard
Laboratoire de Neuropédiatrie, Departement de Pediatrie, Universite de Sherbrooke, 3001 12eme Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Que, Canada
Cytokine 43:54-62. 2008..The resulting pro-inflammatory orientation in the IL-1/IL-1ra balance might play a role in the initiation of perinatal brain damages...
- Minocycline markedly protects the neonatal brain against hypoxic-ischemic injuryKara L Arvin
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Ann Neurol 52:54-61. 2002..Our data suggest that minocycline or a related neuroprotective tetracycline may be a candidate to consider in human clinical trials to protect the developing brain against hypoxic-ischemic-induced damage...
- Systemic hypothermia--a "cool" therapy for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyLu Ann Papile
N Engl J Med 353:1619-20. 2005
- Outcomes of safety and effectiveness in a multicenter randomized, controlled trial of whole-body hypothermia for neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathySeetha Shankaran
Department of Pediatrics, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Pediatrics 122:e791-8. 2008..Whole-body hypothermia reduced the frequency of death or moderate/severe disabilities in neonates with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in a randomized, controlled multicenter trial...
- New oligodendrocytes are generated after neonatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in rodentsAliya U Zaidi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Glia 46:380-90. 2004..Although the neonatal brain undergoes massive cell death and atrophy the first week after injury, it retains the potential to generate new OLGs up to 4 weeks after injury within and surrounding the infarct...
- Is magnetic resonance spectroscopy superior to conventional diagnostic tools in hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy?Katja E Wartenberg
Department of Neurology, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC, USA
J Neuroimaging 14:180-6. 2004..Magnetic resonance spectroscopy demonstrated the presence of significant neuronal loss in the cortex and cerebellum and was the only diagnostic procedure closely associated with this patient's prognosis...
- A newborn piglet study of moderate hypoxic-ischemic brain injury by 1H-MRS and MRIF Vial
Laboratoire de Resonance Magnetique Nucleaire, INSERM U136, Faculte de Medecine de Tours, 2bis Boulevard Tonnellé, 37032 Tours Cedex, France
Magn Reson Imaging 22:457-65. 2004..9 (+/-10.1) at T+7 days (p < 0.01)]. This newborn piglet model of moderate HI brain injury with reproducible cerebral damage could be use as reference for the study of neuroprotective strategy for a period of 7 days...
- Magnetic resonance imaging in neonatal encephalopathyMary Rutherford
Robert Steiner MR Unit, Imaging Sciences Department, Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London W12 OHS, United Kingdom
Early Hum Dev 81:13-25. 2005..Advanced techniques such as venography, angiography and perfusion-weighted imaging may be useful in certain situations, and serial imaging may help differentiate perinatal-acquired lesions from other pathologies...
- Hypoxia/ischemia depletes the rat perinatal subventricular zone of oligodendrocyte progenitors and neural stem cellsS W Levison
Department of Neuroscience and Anatomy, Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dev Neurosci 23:234-47. 2001..The resulting dysgenesis of the brain that occurs subsequent to perinatal hypoxic/ischemic injury may contribute to the cognitive and motor dysfunction that results from asphyxia of the newborn...
- The effect of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in perinatal rats on the abundance and proteolysis of brevican and NG2James Aya-ay
Shriners Hospital for Children, University of South Florida, MDC Box 9, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
Exp Neurol 193:149-62. 2005..While the mechanism of this loss is unclear, it would appear to be an early event in the process that could be involved in apoptotic cell death and/or tissue injury...
- The nonerythropoietic asialoerythropoietin protects against neonatal hypoxia-ischemia as potently as erythropoietinXiaoyang Wang
Perinatal Center, Department of Physiology, Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
J Neurochem 91:900-10. 2004..EPO and the nonerythropoietic asialoEPO both provided significant and equal neuroprotection when administered 4 h prior to HI in 7-day-old rats. The protection might be related to reduced ERK activation and up-regulation of SNAP-25...
- Diffusion MRI in three types of anoxic encephalopathyAneesh B Singhal
Stroke Service, Department of Neurology, VBK 802, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Neurol Sci 196:37-40. 2002..The prognosis after anoxic encephalopathy depends on the underlying mechanism and its severity, which may be reflected by DWI abnormalities...
- Diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in term perinatal brain injury: a comparison with site of lesion and time from birthMary Rutherford
Robert Steiner MR Unit, Imaging Sciences Department, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Rd, London W12 OHS
Pediatrics 114:1004-14. 2004..The aim of this study was to establish a more objective method for confirming tissue injury in term neonates who present with early seizures that are believed to be hypoxic-ischemic in origin...
- Post-insult minocycline treatment attenuates hypoxia-ischemia-induced neuroinflammation and white matter injury in the neonatal rat: a comparison of two different dose regimensMichelle L Carty
Perinatal Research Centre, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:477-85. 2008....
- Erythropoietin improves functional and histological outcome in neonatal strokeYun Sil Chang
Departments of Neurology and Pediatrics, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0663, USA
Pediatr Res 58:106-11. 2005..This functional improvement directly correlated with the amount of preserved hemispheric volume. These results suggest EPO may be a candidate in the treatment of neonatal stroke...
- Erythropoietin prevents hypoxia/ischemia-induced DNA fragmentation in an experimental model of perinatal asphyxiaEvangelia Spandou
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Neurosci Lett 366:24-8. 2004..These results suggest that EPO might protect the neonatal rat brain by anti-apoptotic mechanisms...
- Morphological and hemodynamic magnetic resonance assessment of early neonatal brain injury in a piglet modelBerit H Munkeby
Department of Pediatric Research, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Magn Reson Imaging 20:8-15. 2004....
- Factors predictive of seizures and neurologic outcome in perinatal depressionBarbara Caravale
Division of Pediatric Neurology, Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Pediatr Neurol 29:18-25. 2003....
- Erythropoietin exerts neuroprotective effect in neonatal rat model of hypoxic-ischemic brain injuryAdem Aydin
Department of Pediatric Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Dokuz Eylul, Izmir, Turkey
Brain Dev 25:494-8. 2003..These findings suggest that EPO may provide benefit after hypoxic-ischemic events in the developing brain, a major contributor to static encephalopathy and cerebral palsy...
- Mild hypothermia and the distribution of cerebral lesions in neonates with hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyMary A Rutherford
Imaging Sciences Department, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 116:1001-6. 2005..This decrease was significant in infants with a moderate aEEG finding but not in those with a severe aEEG finding. A decrease in the incidence of severe cortical lesions was seen in the infants treated with SHC...
- Randomized trial of systemic hypothermia selectively protects the cortex on MRI in term hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyTerrie E Inder
Division of Newborn Services, Royal Women s Hospital, Neonatal Neurology, Royal Children s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Pediatr 145:835-7. 2004..036), which may indicate differing regional benefit from systemic hypothermia...
- The injury response in the term newborn brain: can we neuroprotect?Shannon E G Hamrick
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Child Neurology, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, C215 San Francisco, CA 94143 0663, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 16:147-54. 2003..The developing brain is uniquely vulnerable to hypoxic-ischemic injury, with a complex evolution of injury that affords opportunities for intervention, yet potentially jeopardizes normal maturational processes...
- Sustained neocortical neurogenesis after neonatal hypoxic/ischemic injuryZhengang Yang
Department of Neurology and Neurosciences, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Ann Neurol 61:199-208. 2007..Here we tested the hypothesis that the subventricular zone of the immature brain regenerates neocortical neurons, and that this response is sustained...
- Application of magnetic resonance imaging in animal models of perinatal hypoxic-ischemic cerebral injuryGregory A Lodygensky
Departments of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:13-25. 2008..The MR findings are then related to histopathology and, in a few cases, behavioral evaluations. There is also a growing number of studies utilizing MRI in evaluating the efficacy of neuroprotective treatments, such as hypothermia...
- MRI identification of early white matter injury in anoxic-ischemic encephalopathyJ A Chalela
Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, USA
Neurology 56:481-5. 2001..The authors describe the MRI findings in seven patients with AIE who demonstrate early preferential involvement of the white matter...
- Cooling for neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: do we have the answer?Haresh Kirpalani
Department of Clinical Epidemiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 120:1126-30. 2007
- Versican and brevican are expressed with distinct pathology in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injuryChristopher C Leonardo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:1106-14. 2008....
- Neonatal cerebral hypoxia-ischemia causes lateralized memory impairments in the adult ratNice Sarmento Arteni
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Health Sciences, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2600 anexo 90035 003, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Brain Res 973:171-8. 2003....
- Hypoxic-ischemic injury in the immature brain--key vascular and cellular playersA Álvarez-Diaz
Department of Cell Biology and Histology, University of the Basque Country, Leioa, Spain
Neonatology 92:227-35. 2007..A better understanding of these aspects of H-I injury will contribute to more efficient strategies for the management of the associated damage...
- Glutamate in cerebral tissue of asphyxiated neonates during the first week of life demonstrated in vivo using proton magnetic resonance spectroscopyF Groenendaal
Department of Neonatology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Neonate 79:254-7. 2001..33 (range 0.71-2.52) in group 1 versus 2.14 (range 1.21-3.55) in group 2 (p = 0.019). We concluded that during the first days of life, Glx was elevated in the basal ganglia of neonates with severe HIE...
- "Therapeutic time window" duration decreases with increasing severity of cerebral hypoxia-ischaemia under normothermia and delayed hypothermia in newborn pigletsOsuke Iwata
Centre for Perinatal Brain Research, Institute for Women s Health, University College London, and Lysholm Department of Neuroradiology, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, UK
Brain Res 1154:173-80. 2007....
- Implementation of a 'Hypothermia for HIE' program: 2-year experience in a single NICUS A Zanelli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Perinatol 28:171-5. 2008..While lowering the body temperature of encephalopathic newborns is not difficult, addressing the complex medical problems of this vulnerable group of patients requires an experienced multidisciplinary team in regional referral centers...
- Diffusion-weighted MRI in severe neonatal hypoxic ischaemia: the white cerebrumR J Vermeulen
Department of Child Neurology, VUMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropediatrics 34:72-6. 2003..25 +/- 0.06 micro m 2/msec). All infants died in the perinatal period. In summary, the "white cerebrum" on diffusion-weighted MRI indicates severe neonatal hypoxia-ischaemia and is the counterpart of the white cerebellum on CT...
- Cerebral metabolism, EEG, and sleep cycling in critically ill neonatesRenée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Therapeutic Strategies for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic EncephalopathyRAYMOND CHARLES KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Regulated Hypothermia to Treat Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain InjuryLaurence M Katz; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Drug-induced lowering of body temperature is proposed as a simple, effective new treatment to improve outcome after brain injury. The optimal rate of rewarming after cooling will also be determined. ..
- Mitochondria, Superoxide &MnSOD in a fetal hypoxic cerebral palsy modelMatthew Derrick; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal aims to understand how lack of oxygen causes brain damage and will test potential treatments that could decrease the severity of brain damage and prevent the child from developing cerebral palsy. ..
- Hydrogen Sulfide in Newborn Cerebral CirculationCharles W Leffler; Fiscal Year: 2013..The gasotransmitter, H2S, will certainly prove to be one of these major mechanisms of which greater understanding is urgently needed. ..
- THAPCA Trials - Scientific ApplicationFrank W Moler; Fiscal Year: 2012..The THAPCA Trials are studies that will determine whether whole body cooling of children who have had cardiac arrest will result in better survival and less brain injury. ..
- Erythropoietin and Neurogenesis after Neonatal StrokeFERNANDO FRANCISCO GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..These can then be tailored to the newborn brain, which will reduce the frequency and severity of poor outcomes in the newborn. ..
- Cytokines and the blood-brain barrier in the ovine fetusBarbara S Stonestreet; Fiscal Year: 2012..The incidence of CP is 40-148/1,000 in premature and 1-2/1,000 in full term infants. This project could provide new insights into novel strategies to prevent brain injury in the human fetus and/or premature infant. ..
- THAPCA Trials - DCC ApplicationJONATHAN MICHAEL DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The THAPCA Trials are studies that will determine whether whole body cooling of children who have had cardiac arrest will result in better survival and less brain injury. ..
- Maternal Diet and Susceptibility to Neonatal Brain InjuryJohn D Barks; Fiscal Year: 2013..S. population. ..
- NICOTINAMIDE MONONUCLEOTIDE ADENYLYLTRANSFERASES IN NEONATAL HYPOXIA-ISCHEMIARafael Galindo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, this knowledge may ultimately lead to identifying novel therapeutic targets for the treatment and prevention of the neurological consequences attributed to brain injury in the newborn. ..
- Phase I Study in Patients Supporting IV TPM for Neonatal Seizures (9/07, IND7899)James Cloyd; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Effects of Nitric Oxide on Synaptic Transmission in the Neonatal HippocampusSANTINA AGNES ZANELLI; Fiscal Year: 2013..This is an important area of research because of the limited efficacy, possible acute toxicities and long-term adverse effects of the treatments currently available to newborn with seizures. ..
- Brain imaging and developmental follow-up of infants treated with erythropoietinRobin K Ohls; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Hypothermia enhances inflammatory cytokine expression via NF-kappa BKaren D Fairchild; Fiscal Year: 2010..Ultimately, our studies may provide insight into appropriate indications, protocols, and adjunct strategies to optimize outcome of patients undergoing therapeutic HT. ..
- Brain metabolism and neuroprotection in cardiopulmonary bypassAnna Pastuszko; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Neurotrophin Protection of Hypoxic Ischemic Brain InjuryMir Ahamed Hossain; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our findings will contribute towards the development of preventive or therapeutic interventions for this major human health problem in the United States and in the world. ..
- Glutamate Receptors in Hypoxic-ischemic Injury to Developing OligodendrocytesWenbin Deng; Fiscal Year: 2012..The scientific knowledge to be acquired through this project is of likely benefit to the development of preventive strategies for PVL and the care of children with cerebral palsy. ..
- Efficacy of flupirtine for treatment of neonatal hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathyYogendra H Raol; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies will determine if flupirtine effectively treats HI without adversely affecting development. If successful, these studies should rapidly translate into new effective treatment for neonatal HI. ..
- Exploiting the hair-brain connection to treat perinatal brain diseaseSAMUEL JEREMY PLEASURE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, I have developed this proposal to test the prospects for this approach. ..
- PEDIATRIC PHARMACOLOGY RESEARCH UNITMary Lieh Lai; Fiscal Year: 2009..Taken collectively, these initiatives will advance rational, safe, effective and cost beneficial drug therapies in the fetus, newborn and children. ..
- The Role of Na+/H+ exchanger in Cerebral IschemiaDandan Sun; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge will be beneficial for developing a more effective approach to stroke treatment. ..
- Cooperative Multicenter Network of Neontal Intensive Care UnitsSeetha Shankaran; Fiscal Year: 2013..The public heath impact will be a reduction of psychosocial and medical costs to families and society. ..
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and Neonatal Neuroprotection.John D Barks; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies represent an essential building block for future clinical studies to determine the impact of dietary fatty acids on neonatal brain integrity and susceptibility to perinatal hypoxic-ischemic injury. ..
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Decision-Making for Infants with Hypoxic Ischemic EncephalopathyKIMBERLY ANN ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed study will provide information to develop interventions to aid parents and providers in decision-making for infants with HIE. ..
- Mitochondria as a target for protection against hypoxic-ischemic brain injuryVadim S Ten; Fiscal Year: 2012..Potential implication of this research is very broad, because an ischemic brain injury (stroke, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy) is a leading cause for neurological handicap in adults and children. ..
- Early Biomarkers in Neonatal Brain InjurySonia L Bonifacio; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Monitoring Brain Health in Neonatal Congenital Heart Disease with Bedside CMR02PATRICIA ELLEN GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2013..If successful, this project may have a direct and immediate clinical impact. ..
- GFAP Biomarker of Whole Body Cooling Outcome and Efficacy in the Neonate with HIEAllen D Everett; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- CELL-CELL INTERACTION AND HYPOXIC BRAIN INJURYJin Moo Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..The investigators share experimental approaches including in vivo and in vitro models, expertise in advanced microscopy, and a common interest in identifying new therapeutic approaches to stroke. ..
- Cerebrovascular Dysfunction in Newborns with HIE during Hypothermia and RewarmingLina F Chalak; Fiscal Year: 2013..This knowledge will be crucial for the procurement of R01 funding by serving as a necessary groundwork for assessment of new neuroprotective modalities to optimize neurodevelopmental outcomes following HIE. ..
- Biomarkers of Neonatal Encephalopathy in a Nonhuman Primate ModelSandra E Juul; Fiscal Year: 2013..Results of this study will be directly applicable to both clinical practice, and will also advance the field by defining biomarkes that can be used for research purposes. ..
- Pilot Trial of Bumetanide for Neonatal SeizuresJANET SUSAN SOUL; Fiscal Year: 2013..Data from this pilot study will be used to guide design of a planned Phase III multicenter trial to test the efficacy of BTN to control refractory neonatal seizures. ..
- Mild Cognitive Impairment and Obstructive Sleep ApneaKathy Culpepper Richards; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional potential study benefits are increased understanding of the physiological mechanisms for cognitive decline in oaMCI and OSA, and the characteristics of those most likely to benefit from this treatment. ..
- SF-NETT: San Francisco Neurological Emergencies Trials NetworkJESSE CLAUDE HEMPHILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..This application is for the 5-year renewal of SF-NETT as a hub for the national NETT network. ..
- CYP 450-mediated CBF Dysregulation and Neurotoxicity in Pediatric Cardiac ArrestMioara D Manole; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Neonatal Hypxia-Ischemia Induced Seizures:Development of Seizure Detection AlgoriSusan J Vannucci; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Neuroglobin in Neuronal Hypoxi and Cerebral IschemiaDAVID ALAN GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of Sirt1 in Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Brain InjuryALLYSON EVANS VAUGHN; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the molecular mechanisms by which Sirti protects from such injuries will be investigated. ..
- Novel Mechanisms of Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain Injury and RepairWei Hua Lee; Fiscal Year: 2010..Results of this investigation will provide crucial information towards establishing an effective therapy for newborn patients suffering from hypoxicischemic encepholapathy. ..
- tPA Neurotoxicity in Hypoxic-Ischemia EncephalopathyChia Yi Kuan; Fiscal Year: 2009..This hypothesis will be tested in tPA-null animals and by administration of anti-tPA/Plasmin agents after neonatal cerebral ischemia-hypoxia. ..
- Balanced, polyvalent antiglutamatergic action as a novel approach to efficacious Anatoly Martynyuk; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Anticonvulsants for hypothermic neuroprotection in neonatal ischemic brain injuryFaye Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long term goal is to identify effective, safe, and feasible treatment strategies that can be rapidly translated into clinical practice and that will limit the adverse impact of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonates and infants. ..
- DOPAMINE IN NEONATAL HYPOXIC-ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYFrancis Filloux; Fiscal Year: 1992..Filloux by Dr. Parks and through the unified support of the Departments of Pediatrics, Neurology, and Psychiatry at the University of Utah...
- Planning Hypothermia Trial for Pediatric Cardiac ArrestFrank Moler; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gender-Specific Treatment of Pediatric Cardiac ArrestRobert Clark; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Near infrared/MR system for imaging brain oxygenationJeffrey Dunn; Fiscal Year: 2002..This grant will produce a novel imaging modality which can non-invasively monitor cerebral oxygenation, structure, and blood flow. ..
- Near infrared/MR system for imaging brain oxygenationHarold Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..This grant will produce a novel imaging modality which can non-invasively monitor cerebral oxygenation, structure, and blood flow. ..
- Using Biochemical Markers to Detect Abusive Head TraumaRachel Berger; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- INFLAMMATION AND NEONATAL ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYFaye Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Stem Cells for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain InjuryJames Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is our intention to commercialize a stem cell therapeutic product for acute ischemic injury to the brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Subventricular Zone Responses to Neonatal Hypoxia-IschemiaMARIA LUZ VALDECANAS DIZON; Fiscal Year: 2010..John Kessler, Professor and Chair of Neurology, and by Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine will provide the resources necessary to help her achieve her objectives. ..
- ROLE OF GLUTAMATE IN PERINATAL BRAIN INJURYFaye Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 1993..This work will provide a better understanding of the neurobiology of perinatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury and may provide a basis for development of more specific and effective therapeutic interventions...
- IGF I THERAPY IN NEONATAL HYPOXIC ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYWei Hua Lee; Fiscal Year: 1999..Should these studies produce encouraging results, we will have provided strong evidence in establishing IGF-I as one important intervention in hypoxia-ischemia- induced brain damage in neonates. ..
- BRAIN TEMPERATURE MONITORING IN NEONATESKENNETH CARR; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Stem Cells for Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Brain InjuryJAMES EDWIN CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- In vivo Imaging of Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy in Neonatal MiceJiangyang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this project, novel magnetic resonance imaging techniques will be developed to examine temporal evolution of brain injury in a neonatal mouse model of HIE, for exploration of novel treatments of hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy. ..
- SUBPLATE NEURONS AND EARLY HYPOXIC ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYPatrick McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- POSTNATAL DEVELOPMENT OF VULNERABILITY TO BRAIN INJURYJeremy Marks; Fiscal Year: 2004..NMDA induced neuronal death will be measured in the presence and absence of blockade of the Na+/Ca2+ exchanger and of the mitochondrial transition pore. ..