Summary: A generic expression for any tachycardia that originates above the BUNDLE OF HIS.
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Regular supraventricular tachycardias associated with idiopathic atrial fibrillationJorge Gonzalez-Zuelgaray
Department of Medicine, Argerich Hospital, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Cardiol 98:1242-4. 2006....
- Mapping and ablation of left atrial tachycardias occurring after atrial fibrillation ablationEdward P Gerstenfeld
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:S65-72. 2007..This review provides a systematic approach to the evaluation, diagnosis, localization, and elimination of left atrial tachycardias occurring after atrial fibrillation ablation...
- Supraventricular tachycardia in childrenMichal J Kantoch
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2B7, Canada
Indian J Pediatr 72:609-19. 2005Several different mechanisms are responsible for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia in children. Different forms of tachycardia occur at different age...
- Pediatric radiofrequency catheter ablation registry success, fluoroscopy time, and complication rate for supraventricular tachycardia: comparison of early and recent erasJohn D Kugler
Joint Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Nebraska Creighton University, Children s Hospital, Omaha 68114, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:336-41. 2002To assess changes of success rate, fluoroscopy time, and complication rate for six supraventricular tachycardia pathways/ mechanisms, data from the Pediatric Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation Registry were grouped into two eras (1991-1995; ..
- Supraventricular tachycardia in children: symptoms distinguish from sinus tachycardiaAngela Green
University of Arkansas, Medical Sciences College of Nursing, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Emerg Nurs 31:105-8; quiz 120. 2005
- Optimal surface electrocardiogram lead for identification of the mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenLeonardo Liberman
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 24:28-30. 2008Although supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) can be identified from any lead of the bedside monitor, the mechanism of tachycardia is not always obvious...
- Predictors of refractory tachycardia in infants with supraventricular tachycardiaS Sanatani
Division of Cardiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Pediatr Cardiol 23:508-12. 2002Reentrant supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is the most common arrhythmia in infants. There are few predictors as to which patients will have recurrent or refractory SVT...
- Supraventricular tachycardia in the pediatric primary care setting: Age-related presentation, diagnosis, and managementEmily Anne Schlechte
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 22:289-99. 2008As many as 1 in 250 children experience supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but its presentation is often vague and its symptoms mistakenly attributed to other common pediatric conditions...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in infants and toddlersShuenn Nan Chiu
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Circ J 73:1717-21. 2009The role of radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFCA) of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in infants and toddlers is still unclear.
- Supraventricular tachycardia: an incidental diagnosis in infants and difficult to prove in childrenP Vos
Department of Paediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 92:1058-61. 2003AIMS: To determine (a) the age distribution at first clinical supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) presentation; (b) the time interval between first clinical suspicion and electrocardiographic proof of SVT; c) the most indicative symptoms ..
- Repeated supraventricular tachycardia in an asymptomatic patient with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome during Cesarean deliveryTakashi Okamoto
Can J Anaesth 50:752-3. 2003
- Development of a safe and effective pediatric dosing regimen for sotalol based on population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in children with supraventricular tachycardiaStephanie Laer
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1322-30. 2005The objective of this study was to develop age-specific dosage guidelines for sotalol in children with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) based on a population pharmacokinetic covariate analysis, clinical trial simulations, and ..
- Recovery pattern of left ventricular dysfunction following radiofrequency ablation of incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and childrenJ V De Giovanni
Heart Unit, Birmingham Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Ladywood Middleway, UK
Heart 79:588-92. 1998..To assess recovery pattern of left ventricular function secondary to incessant tachycardia after radiofrequency ablation in a group of infants and children...
- U22, a protocol to quantify symptoms associated with supraventricular tachycardiaMilos Kesek
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:S105-8. 2009..Discrete 0-10 scales are used. Unlike SF-36, U22 can be used in individual patients...
- Use of intracardiac echocardiography in interventional electrophysiologyJ M Kalman
Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 20:2248-62. 1997..This article will review existing data and speculate as to possible future roles for intracardiac echocardiography in interventional electrophysiology...
- Atresia of the coronary sinus in patients with supraventricular tachycardiaArmin Luik
, Klinikum rechts der Isar, , , Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:171-4. 2006....
- Caesarean section using total intravenous anaesthesia in a patient with Ebstein's anomaly complicated by supraventricular tachycardiaA J R Macfarlane
Department of Anaesthesia, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Int J Obstet Anesth 16:155-9. 2007..Propofol and remifentanil total intravenous anaesthesia resulted in haemodynamic stability and delivery of a healthy baby who breathed spontaneously after two minutes...
- Magnetocardiographic rhythm patterns at initiation and termination of fetal supraventricular tachycardiaR T Wakai
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Circulation 107:307-12. 2003..fMCG), we characterize for the first time the electrophysiological patterns of initiation and termination of reentrant fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), the most common form of life-threatening fetal arrhythmia.
- Supraventricular tachycardia in pregnancyK Robins
Department of Obstetric Anaesthesia, St James University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Br J Anaesth 92:140-3. 2004We present four cases of supraventricular tachycardia in pregnancy of varied aetiology...
- Emergency department management of the pediatric patient with supraventricular tachycardiaMioara D Manole
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:176-85; quiz 186-9. 2007b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is the most common tachyarrhythmia that necessitates treatment in children...
- Isolated noncompaction cardiomyopathy presenting with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia--case report and literature reviewIjaz A Khan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68131 2044, USA
Angiology 54:243-50. 2003..The patient reported in this article presented with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. Echocardiography is the procedure of choice to establish diagnosis...
- Incidence and predictors of supraventricular dysrhythmias after pulmonary resectionJ J Curtis
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia 65212, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 66:1766-71. 1998..Specifically, we wished to test the hypothesis that the incidence of postoperative supraventricular dysrhythmias is dependent on the magnitude of pulmonary resection...
- Clinical practice. Supraventricular tachycardiaEtienne Delacretaz
Swiss Cardiovascular Centre Bern, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 354:1039-51. 2006
- Supraventricular arrhythmias after resection surgery of the lungO Rena
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Torino, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:688-93. 2001....
- Catheter ablation of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaHiroshi Nakagawa
Cardiac Arrhythmia Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 1200 Everett Dr, ET-6E103, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Circulation 116:2465-78. 2007
- Diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardiaN Al-Rawahi
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y4W7, Canada
J Assoc Physicians India 55:21-4. 2007
- Supraventricular tachycardia after orthotopic cardiac transplantationMarmar Vaseghi
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2241-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to define the incidence, mechanisms, and management, including catheter ablation, of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in a large series of patients after orthotopic heart transplantation (OHT).
- Patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation but not paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia display evidence of platelet activation during arrhythmiaEnver Atalar
Department of Cardiology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Platelets 14:407-11. 2003..However, pathological hemostatic changes during the paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) have not yet been elucidated...
- Catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in the transplanted heart: a case series and literature reviewAnthony R Magnano
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1878-86. 2003..The efficacy of RFA for treating various arrhythmia mechanisms was evaluated based on a summary of published case reports...
- Acute results of transvenous cryoablation of supraventricular tachycardia (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia)Luz Maria Rodriguez
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht and Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:1082-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to report on the safety and efficacy of a new cryoablation system for treatment of all SVTs...
- Extracorporeal life support as a treatment of supraventricular tachycardia in infantsGregor M Walker
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, UK
Pediatr Crit Care Med 4:52-4. 2003..in whom venoarterial ECLS was used to provide support for cardiogenic shock secondary to intractable supraventricular tachycardia. In both cases, the arrhythmia terminated once bypass was established...
- Elevated troponin levels in absence of coronary artery disease after supraventricular tachycardiaM J Zellweger
Cardiology Department, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 133:439-41. 2003..Four patients with elevated troponin levels after supraventricular tachycardia without evidence of coronary artery disease and very low risk scores for acute coronary syndrome are ..
- Review of diagnosis, treatment, and outcome of fetal atrial flutter compared with supraventricular tachycardiaM Krapp
Division of Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Heart 89:913-7. 2003To review the diagnosis, treatment, and outcome of fetal atrial flutter compared with supraventricular tachycardia.
- Diagnostic value of tachycardia features and pacing maneuvers during paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaB P Knight
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor 48109 0022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:574-82. 2000The purpose of this prospective study was to quantitate the diagnostic value of several tachycardia features and pacing maneuvers in patients with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) in the electrophysiology laboratory.
- Mechanisms and management of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaA Kadish
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 250 E Superior Street, Suite 520, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cardiol Rev 7:254-64. 1999Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is defined as a regular rapid heart beat, which initiates and terminates suddenly...
- [Combination therapy for fetal supraventricular tachycardia with flecainide and digoxin]G Anderer
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 209:34-7. 2005Persistent fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) with more than 210 bpm frequently leads to congestive heart failure...
- Junctional rhythm quantity and duration during slow pathway radiofrequency ablation in patients with atrioventricular nodal re-entry supraventricular tachycardiaZ Iakobishvili
Department of Cardiology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, 39 Jabotinsky Street, Petah Tikva, Israel
Europace 8:588-91. 2006..A higher amount and duration of accelerated junctional rhythm during radiofrequency applications may be an additional marker of successful ablation...
- Patient satisfaction and clinical outcome following outpatient radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardiaThomas Wolber
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Center, Univesity Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 140:52-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess patient satisfaction in patients with supraventricular tachycardia following catheter ablation on an outpatient basis.
- Recovery of systolic and diastolic function after ablation of incessant supraventricular tachycardiaVera Maria Cury Salemi
Myocardiopathies Unit, Department of Cardiology, Heart Institure InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Eur J Heart Fail 7:1177-9. 2005..She had an incessant supraventricular tachycardia, which was not reversible with electrical cardioversion...
- Guidelines and adenosine dosing in supraventricular tachycardiaJ Dixon
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:1190-1. 2005..This retrospective review of present practice of administration of adenosine by paediatricians shows that current guidelines recommend starting doses that are effective in only 9% of infants and children...
- Runs of ventricular and supraventricular tachycardia triggered by air pollution in patients with coronary heart diseaseAnnette Berger
Institute of Epidemiology, GSF-National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, D-85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Occup Environ Med 48:1149-58. 2006..CONCLUSION: Elevated concentrations of fine and ultrafine particle increased the risk of arrhythmia in men with coronary heart disease...
- Value of ST-segment depression during paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia in the diagnosis of coronary artery diseaseS Gulec
Department of Cardiology, Medical School of Ankara University, Turkey
Am J Cardiol 83:458-60, A10. 1999We evaluated 39 patients >45 years old with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), 21 of whom had ST-segment depression during SVT...
- Utility of atrial and ventricular cycle length variability in determining the mechanism of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaThomas C Crawford
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:698-703. 2007No prior studies have systematically investigated the diagnostic value of cycle length (CL) variability in differentiating the mechanism of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT).
- [Supraventricular tachycardia in infants, children and adolescents: diagnosis, drug and interventional therapy]T Paul
Abteilung Kinderheilkunde III, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Z Kardiol 89:546-58. 2000....
- [Terminating supraventricular tachycardia with adenosine--comparing the effectiveness of 12 mg and 18 mg]P Weismuller
Medizinische Klinik II, Schwerpunkte Kardiologie und Angiologie, Universitätsklinik Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr Universitat Bochum
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 125:961-9. 2000..This study was done to answer the question if intravenous application of 18 mg adenosine is superior to 12 mg adenosine for the termination of supraventricular tachycardias...
- Supraventricular tachyarrhythmias in Ebstein anomaly: management and outcomeAnant Khositseth
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:826-33. 2004..Surgical intervention for atrial flutter/fibrillation yields freedom from late recurrence in 75% of cases...
- Catheter cryoablation of supraventricular tachycardia: results of the multicenter prospective "frosty" trialPeter L Friedman
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:129-38. 2004..BACKGROUND: The CryoCath Technologies Freezor catheter has been used successfully for cryoablation of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but has not been evaluated in a large clinical trial...
- Radiofrequency ablation for supraventricular tachycardia in children < or =15 kg is safe and effectiveR Aiyagari
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1500 E. Medical Center Drive, L1242 Women's 0204, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0204, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 26:622-6. 2005..Clinical, electrophysiologic, and RFA data for all patients < or =20 kg who underwent RFA for supraventricular tachycardia between January 1994 and January 2003 were reviewed...
- The results of radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenPi Chang Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:655-61. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the results of the RF catheter ablation of SVTs in pediatric patients...
- Supraventricular tachycardia promotes release of troponin I in patients with normal coronary arteriesD P Redfearn
Int J Cardiol 102:521-2. 2005..METHODS: We present a series of patients presenting to our unit with raised troponin I and supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) that prompted coronary angiography...
- Twin AV node and induced supraventricular tachycardia in Fontan palliation patientsEun Jung Bae
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:126-34. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the occurrence of twin AV node according to anatomical subgroups, and to determine its relation to tachycardia...
- Nonfluoroscopic catheter navigation for radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenJohn Papagiannis
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:971-8. 2006Radiofrequency catheter ablation (RCA) of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in children is highly successful but requires exposure to radiation. Nonfluoroscopic mapping systems may significantly reduce fluoroscopy time.
- Slow pathway ablation in children with documented reentrant supraventricular tachycardia not inducible during invasive electrophysiologic studyM Emmel
Department Paediatric Cardiology, University Hospital of Cologne, Kerpener Str. 62, , Germany
Z Kardiol 94:808-12. 2005..CONCLUSIONS: In children with structurally normal hearts, a previously documented SVT, absence of an accessory pathway and noninducibility of SVT during EP study, empirical slow pathway ablation appears to be justified...
- Prospective assessment after pediatric cardiac ablation: recurrence at 1 year after initially successful ablation of supraventricular tachycardiaGeorge F Van Hare
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:188-96. 2004..A multicenter prospective study was performed to assess the results and risks associated with radiofrequency ablation in children. This report focuses on recurrences following initially successful ablation...
- Incessant supraventricular tachycardia with constant 1:2 atrioventricular ratio: a longitudinally dissociated atrioventricular node?Paulus Kirchhof
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:316-9. 2003We report a patient with incessant, exercise-limiting supraventricular tachycardia on the ventricular level and a constant 1:2 atrioventricular relation...
- Wide-complex tachycardia: beyond the traditional differential diagnosis of ventricular tachycardia vs supraventricular tachycardia with aberrant conductionHeather Hollowell
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Emerg Med 23:876-89. 2005..These tachycardias are diverse; as such, the pathophysiology behind each form of WCT includes toxic, metabolic, and conduction system dysfunction mechanisms...
- Intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of the atrium: effectiveness for treatment of supraventricular tachycardia in congenital heart surgeryGary S Kopf
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:797-804; discussion 804. 2002b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is common in surgical patients with congenital heart disease...
- Intracardiac echocardiography to guide transseptal catheterization for radiofrequency catheter ablation of left-sided accessory pathways: two case reportsRodolfo Citro
Department of Cardiology, San Luca Hospital, Vallo della Lucania, Salerno, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2:20. 2004..ICE-guided transseptal approach might be a promising modality for TCRFA of LSAP...
- Performance of a dual-chamber implantable defibrillator algorithm for discrimination of ventricular from supraventricular tachycardiaClaude Kouakam
Department of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Lille University Hospital, France
Europace 6:32-42. 2004..The present multicentre, open study aimed to evaluate the performance of a dual-chamber detection algorithm, the Atrial View algorithm, incorporated in a dual-chamber ICD, the Ventak AV (Guidant Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota, USA)...
- Intermittent wide QRS complexes during a supraventricular tachycardia: what is the mechanism?Eduardo Back Sternick
Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology Unit, Biocor Instituto, Nova Lima, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Heart Rhythm 2:1011-2. 2005
- Supraventricular arrhythmia following lung resection for non-small cell lung cancer and its treatment with amiodaroneP Ciriaco
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Milan, Scientific Institute H S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:12-6. 2000....
- Flecainide in the intrauterine treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardiaM Krapp
Division of Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:158-64. 2002To assess the efficacy of flecainide in the intrauterine treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) with 1 : 1 atrioventricular conduction.
- Supraventricular tachycardia in infants, children and adolescents: diagnosis, and pharmacological and interventional therapyT Paul
Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Intensive Care, Children s Hospital, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 2:171-81. 2000b>Supraventricular tachycardia is the most frequent form of symptomatic tachydysrhythmia in children. Neonates and infants with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias generally present with signs of acute congestive heart failure...
- Second-line treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardia using flecainide acetateE S Ebenroth
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Cardiology, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Research 104, 702 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 22:483-7. 2001Digoxin has been an effective treatment for fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but second-line therapy remains more controversial. Thirty-seven cases of fetal SVT were identified that received digoxin as first-line therapy...
- Which patient should be referred to an electrophysiologist: supraventricular tachycardiaRichard J Schilling
Cardiology Department, St Barts Hospital, West Smithfield. London EC1 7BE, UK
Heart 87:299-304. 2002
- Effects of diltiazem prophylaxis on the incidence and clinical outcome of atrial arrhythmias after thoracic surgeryD Amar
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 120:790-8. 2000..We sought to determine whether early prophylaxis with an L -type calcium channel blocker reduces the incidence and morbidity associated with atrial fibrillation/flutter and supraventricular tachyarrhythmia after major thoracic operations...
- Prenatal ultrasound may predict fetal response to therapy in non-hydropic fetuses with supraventricular tachycardiaJ M Jouannic
Maternité, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Faculté de Médecine Paris V, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:120-3. 2002To study the fetal response to prenatal therapy in non-hydropic fetuses with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) as a function of fetal haemodynamic status at presentation. Study Design: Retrospective study.
- Management of cardiomyopathy resulting from incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and childrenR Juneja
Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian Heart J 54:176-80. 2002..considered to be the treatment of choice in patients with ventricular dysfunction related to incessant supraventricular tachycardia. However, reservations regarding its use in infants and children prompted us to try alternative ..
- Double ventricular response via dual atrioventricular nodal pathways resulting with nonreentrant supraventricular tachycardia and successfully treated with radiofrequency catheter ablationK Nakao
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Electrocardiol 34:59-63. 2001We report a patient with a complex nonreentrant supraventricular tachycardia because of double ventricular response resulting from antegrade dual atrioventricular (AV) nodal pathways...
- The adenosine triphosphate test: a bedside diagnostic tool for identifying the mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia in patients with palpitationsS Viskin
Department of Cardiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:173-7. 2001....
- Supraventricular tachycardiaV S Chauhan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Med Clin North Am 85:193-223, ix. 2001..The mechanism and clinical manifestation of SVTs, which is essential to their correct diagnosis, is reviewed. The therapeutic management of SVTs, including acute and chronic drug therapy and catheter ablation, is discussed also...
- Inducible supraventricular tachycardias in patients referred for catheter ablation of atrial fibrillationDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Athens, Greece
Europace 9:785-9. 2007..To investigate the prevalence of underlying, inducible supraventricular arrhythmias in patients referred for ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF)...
- [Arrhythmias in pregnancy. How and when to treat?]Jorge R Gómez Flores
Servicio de Electrocardiografía, Instituto Nacional de Cardiologia lgnacio Chavez, Tlalpan, Ciudad de México DF
Arch Cardiol Mex 77:S2-24-S2-31. 2007..In paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia, vagal stimulation maneuvers should be attempted first...
- [Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT)]Ryusuke Kimura
Department of Cardiology, Tokyo Women's Medical University
Nippon Rinsho . 2007
- Electrophysiological characteristics and radiofrequency ablation of accessory pathways with slow conductive propertiesMamoru Manita
Department of Medicine and Biological Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa machi, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Circ J 68:1152-9. 2004....
- Broad complex tachycardia during treatment of atrial fibrillation with a 1c antiarrhythmic drug: ventricular or supraventricular proarrhythmia?A C P Wiesfeld
Int J Cardiol 107:140-1. 2006
- Atrial flutter: a focus on treatment options for a common supraventricular tachyarrhythmiaPeter Andrew
ATLAS Medical Research Inc, Saint Lazare, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 8:558-67. 2007..As part of the latter objective, recent clinical studies documenting the use of radiofrequency catheter ablation and cryo catheter ablation for AFl are presented and their results briefly discussed...
- [Non reentrant supraventricular tachycardia]Yoshihisa Enjoji
Division of Arrhythmia, Cardiovascular Center, Kyoto Katsura Hospital
Nippon Rinsho . 2007
- A technique for diagnosis of accessory pathway using the H-H and A-A intervals of the first entrained cycle during ventricular overdrive pacingTakehiko Matsushita
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Am J Cardiol 102:197-202. 2008..of succeeding atrial activation by a ventricular extrastimulus (VES) on His refractoriness during supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) has been used as evidence of an accessory pathway (AP), the sensitivity of this method is ..
- Surface electrocardiogram characteristics of atrial tachycardias occurring after pulmonary vein isolationEdward P Gerstenfeld
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:1136-43. 2007..The purpose of this study was to describe the surface electrocardiogram (ECG) morphology of common atrial tachycardias (ATs) that occur after pulmonary vein (PV) isolation...
- Atrial tachycardia: mechanisms and managementApoor Patel
Department of Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Division of Cardiology, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 6:811-22. 2008..Success rates for ablation are highest for typical atrial flutter and higher than antiarrhythmic therapy for most atrial tachycardias...
- Mechanisms of organized left atrial tachycardias occurring after pulmonary vein isolationEdward P Gerstenfeld
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 9 Founders Pavilion, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Circulation 110:1351-7. 2004..This arrhythmia is frequently referred to as "left atrial flutter," but the mechanism and best ablation strategy have not been determined...
- Six mechanisms of supraventricular tachycardia in the same patient: report of a caseAbdel J Fuenmayor
Electrophysiology Laboratory, Albarregas Clinic, Merida, Venezuela
Int J Cardiol 103:330-4. 2005..The 4 accessory pathways and the slow A-V nodal pathway were successfully ablated, and the patient has been asymptomatic for 12 months without taking antiarrhythmic drugs...
- TachydysrhythmiasSarah A Stahmer
Emergency Medicine, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, One Cooper Plaza, Room 114, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 24:11-40, v-vi. 2006..The approach to the tachydysrhythmia should begin with distinguishing sinus from non-sinus rhythms, then assessing QRS complex width and regularity. This article review tachydysrhythmias...
- Atrial tachycardia originating from the noncoronary aortic cusp and musculature connection with the atria: relevance for catheter ablationTakumi Yamada
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0019, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:1494-6. 2006
- Clinical implications of "pure" Hisian pacing in addition to para-Hisian pacing for the diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardiaSeiji Takatsuki
Lariboisiere University Hospital, Paris, France
Heart Rhythm 3:1412-8. 2006..When performing para-Hisian pacing, the pacing spike sometimes captures only the His bundle, which we named "pure" Hisian pacing (Hc)...
- A case of a borderline-broad complex tachycardiaShih Ling Kao
Department of Emergency Medicine, National University Hospital, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Eur J Emerg Med 13:369-71. 2006..The differential diagnoses of posterior fascicular ventricular tachycardia and supraventricular tachycardia with aberrancy will also be discussed.
- Acute and long-term outcome of transvenous cryothermal catheter ablation of supraventricular arrhythmias involving the perinodal regionFiorenzo Gaita
Division of Cardiology, Cardinal Massaia Hospital, Asti, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 7:785-92. 2006..The aim of this study was to report our experience on the effectiveness and safety of catheter cryoablation performed in "critical areas" to treat a large cohort of patients with supraventricular arrhythmias...
- Isoproterenol-induced elevated bispectral indexes while undergoing radiofrequency ablation: a case reportRobert Matthews
University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
AANA J 74:193-5. 2006..The patient reported no intraoperative recall despite BIS values in the high 70s. This case reinforces that BIS values require interpretation and can only be relevant to the circumstances of the individual case...
- Cluster of multiple atrial tachycardias limited to pregnancy after radiofrequency ablation following senning operationTim Risius
Int J Cardiol 123:e48-50. 2008..Subsequently, the patient was free of tachycardias during a 36 month follow-up and the child is healthy...
- [Perioperative management of cardiac arrhythmia: part II]M Zaballos García
Servicio de Anestesia y Reanimacion, Hospital Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 53:163-83; quiz 183, 193. 2006....
- Ablation of focal atrial arrhythmia in patients with congenital heart defects after surgery: role of circumscribed areas with heterogeneous conductionNatasja M S de Groot
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Heart Rhythm 3:526-35. 2006..Catheter ablation directed at "source isolation" is effective in eliminating focal atrial tachycardia in patients with CHD...
- Pediatric dysrhythmiasStephanie J Doniger
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital and Health Center University of California San Diego, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5075 San Diego, CA 92123 4282, USA
Pediatr Clin North Am 53:85-105, vi. 2006..b>Supraventricular tachycardia is the most common symptomatic pediatric tachyarrhythmia...
- [Supraventricular tachycardia due to simultaneous conduction in the rapid and slow nodal pathways. Treatment by ablation of the slow pathway]C Goutner
Clinique Pasteur, Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1651-5. 1995The authors report the case of a 70 year old woman with frequent attacks of supraventricular tachycardia resistant to antiarrhythmic therapy. The tachycardia was irregular with predominantly normal QRS complexes...
- [4. Apropos of postpacing interval]S Richter
Heart Rhythm Management Institute, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 17:239-41. 2006
- [Classification of regular atrial tachycardia]J M Davy
Service de cardiologie, , CHU de Montpellier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:33-40. 1997..The concordance with surface ECG changes is not perfect and the distinction between flutter and tachycardia often depends on the frequency of the tachycardia and the leads studied...
- Management of arrhythmias in the emergency departmentR E Hood
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 22 South Greene Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Cardiol Clin 24:125-33, vii. 2006..There is discussion of tachyarrhythmias, both wide and narrow, bradyarrhythmias, and management of pacemakers and defibrillators. Common pitfalls and concerns are addressed...
- [Practical management of common arrhythmias in children]J P Pfammatter
Abteilung Pädiatrische Kardiologie, Medizinische Universitätskinderklinik, Bern
Praxis (Bern 1994) 94:1765-8. 2005..Idiopathic ventricular tachycardia without structural heart disease usually shows a benign course and has a good prognosis...
- [Arrhythmia-induced dilated cardiomyopathies]Jean-Paul Bounhoure
, Avenue de Lombez, Toulouse 31076
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1225-35; discussion 1235-6. 2006..Control of the ventricular rate by radiofrequency modification of atrioventricular conduction is the treatment of choice for chronic atrial fibrillation...
- ACC/AHA/ESC guidelines for the management of patients with supraventricular arrhythmias--executive summary. a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on practice guidelines and the European society of cardiology Carina Blomstrom-Lundqvist
J Am Coll Cardiol 42:1493-531. 2003
- Electrocardiographic manifestations: narrow QRS complex tachycardiasMarc L Pollack
Department of Emergency Medicine, York Hospital, York, Pennsylvania 17405, USA
J Emerg Med 24:35-43. 2003..Pediatric and pregnant patients are, in general, treated the same as adults. Several case examples and EKGs are presented...
- Airway sensory nerves and dyspnea in human subjectsNausherwan Burki; Fiscal Year: 2004..Adenosine is a commonly used therapeutic intravenous drug for treatment of supraventricular tachycardia; it has been frequently reported to cause dyspnea...
- CA2+-MEDIATED MECHANISMS OF ATRIAL PACEMAKER ACTIVITYSTEPHEN LIPSIUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..participate in a wide variety of atrial arrhythmias including brady-tachy syndrome, atrial tachycardia, supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation...
- PROSPECTIVE ASSESSMENT AFTER PEDIATRIC CARDIAC ABLATIONGeorge Van Hare; Fiscal Year: 2002..A total of 450 pediatric patients will be enrolled prospectively and evaluated both before ablation of supraventricular tachycardia and at intervals following ablation with clinical history and examination, electrocardiogram, 24-hour ..
- NOVEL CATHETER FOR TREATMENT OF VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIAMichael Curley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Radiofrequency ablation, which successfully treats supraventricular tachycardia, is not successful at treating ventricular tachycardia because conventional RF ablation catheters ..
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..echo/Doppler criteria could be used for electrocardiographic interval assessment in the neonate with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) undergoing electrophysiologic testing...
- Biventricular Pacing in Heart FailureSamir Saba; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Image-guided Fetal Cardiac InterventionJohn Triedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Optimized Signal Processing of Fetal MCGRonald T Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- PACEmaker & Beta-Blocker Therapy Post-Myocardial InfarctJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..The trial primary composite is total mortality plus nonfatal reinfarction. Patients enrolled in the trial will be followed for two years. The sample size will be 1124 patients who will be enrolled in 60 sites. ..
- The Dynamics of Human Atrial FibrillationSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, our patient-specific computational models are clinically relevant, and will thus provide a resource for further hypothesis testing in AF. ..
- Optimized Signal Processing of Fetal MCGRonald T Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cardiac Parasympathetic Effect in Exercise and RecoveryJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZED MEASUREMENT AND SIGNAL PROCESSING OF FETAL MCGRonald Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- OPTIMIZED MEASUREMENT AND SIGNAL PROCESSING OF FETAL MCGRonald Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Mechanisms of Myocardial Radiofrequency Scar ExpansionJ Saul; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- FETAL AND NEONATAL MEGRonald Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2000..To demonstrate convincingly the feasibility of recording the spontaneous FMEG in utero; and 4. To develop signal processing methods to reduce interference from the fetal magnetocardiogram and other sources of noise. ..
- Inherited Ion Channel Defects in ArrhythmiasAUGUSTUS GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isoform expression will be determined by in situ hydridization. The proposed studies will provide new insights into ion channel function, their regulation and possible basis for cardiac arrhythmias. ..
- The Pathophysiology of T-wave AlternansSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This structured approach will ensure the successful completion of this project and, in this way, the development of the applicant into an independent clinician-investigator. ..
- The Dynamics of Human Atrial FibrillationSanjiv M Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, our patient-specific computational models are clinically relevant, and will thus provide a resource for further hypothesis testing in AF. ..
- Randomized Clinical Trials for Pediatric Heart DiseaseJ Saul; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study should clearly define the clinical utility of preoperative steroids and help determine the mechanisms for any observed effect. (End of Abstract). ..
- Mentored Specialized Clinical Investigator Development Award (MSCIDA)Peter Adamson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Lay summary) Infections are a leading cause of serious illness in babies. Dr. Wade will perform research to determine how to optimize the dosing of drugs used to treat infections caused by yeast and the influenza (flu) virus. ..
- The Dynamics of Human Atrial FibrillationSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, our patient-specific computational models are clinically relevant, and will thus provide a resource for further hypothesis testing in AF. ..
- Children's Oncology Group Phase 1 / Pilot ConsortiumSusan Blaney; Fiscal Year: 2007..Development of targeted therapy for childhood cancer offers the prospect of more efficacious and less toxic therapeutics. ..
- Pediatric Pharmacology Research Unit NetworkPeter Adamson; Fiscal Year: 2004....