Summary: A generic expression for any tachycardia that originates above the BUNDLE OF HIS.
Publications232 found, 100 shown here
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in infants and toddlersShuenn Nan Chiu
Department of Pediatrics and Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Circ J 73:1717-21. 2009The role of radiofrequency catheter ablation (RFCA) of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in infants and toddlers is still unclear.
- Prognostic significance of cardiac troponin I levels in hospitalized patients presenting with supraventricular tachycardiaGrant V Chow
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224 2780, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 89:141-8. 2010Although cardiac troponin I (cTnI) elevation in patients presenting to the hospital with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is well recognized, the prevalence, predictors, and prognostic significance of cTnI elevation associated with SVT ..
- Elevated troponin levels in absence of coronary artery disease after supraventricular tachycardiaM J Zellweger
Cardiology Department, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 133:439-41. 2003..Four patients with elevated troponin levels after supraventricular tachycardia without evidence of coronary artery disease and very low risk scores for acute coronary syndrome are ..
- Supraventricular tachycardia promotes release of troponin I in patients with normal coronary arteriesD P Redfearn
Int J Cardiol 102:521-2. 2005..Troponin I and T are sensitive markers of myocardial injury. The presence of elevated troponin often prompts further investigation with coronary angiography...
- Supraventricular tachycardia: implications for the intensivistR G Trohman
Division of Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Crit Care Med 28:N129-35. 2000The critical care physician must have a keen awareness of supraventricular tachycardia patterns, mechanisms, precipitants, and treatment...
- Role of coronary angiography before radiofrequency ablation in patients presenting with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaMarc Dorenkamp
Department of Cardiology and Pneumology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany, and the Division of Cardiology, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 12:137-44. 2007During episodes of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT), electrocardiograms frequently show ST-segment depressions, and patients may experience typical chest pain prompting invasive coronary angiography...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia substrates after mustard and senning operations for d-transposition of the great arteriesR J Kanter
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:428-41. 2000The purpose of this study was to determine the efficacy and risks of radiofrequency ablation of various forms of supraventricular tachycardia after Mustard and Senning operations for d-transposition of the great arteries.
- Supraventricular tachycardia in an adolescent with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Paul G Hammerness
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 47:219-20. 2008
- Use of landiolol in the perioperative management of supraventricular tachycardiaHiroaki Ito
J Anesth 20:253-4. 2006
- Neonatal supraventricular tachycardia: outcomes over a 27-year period at a single institutionThomas Gilljam
Division of Cardiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acta Paediatr 97:1035-9. 2008To establish prognosis in neonatal supraventricular tachycardia.
- U.S. emergency department visits for supraventricular tachycardia, 1993-2003David H Murman
Department of Emergency Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:578-81. 2007b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is often described as a recurrent condition that leads to emergency department (ED) visits. However, the epidemiology of ED visits for SVT is unknown.
- Supraventricular tachycardiaCaroline Medi
Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 190:255-60. 2009b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is a common cardiac rhythm disturbance; it usually presents with recurrent episodes of tachycardia, which often increase in frequency and severity with time...
- Gemcitabine-induced supraventricular tachycardiaOshrat E Tayer-Shifman
Department of Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Tumori 95:547-9. 2009..breast cancer without a history of cardiac arrhythmia or ischemic heart disease who developed supraventricular tachycardia. The symptoms had started immediately after gemcitabine treatment...
- Supraventricular tachycardia and the struggle to be believedKathryn A Wood
Family Health Care Nursing, Box 0606, 2 Koret Way, Nursing 411Y, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, United States
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 6:293-302. 2007Little research exists examining patient experiences of life with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)...
- Acute clenbuterol overdose resulting in supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillationG Patrick Daubert
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
J Med Toxicol 3:56-60. 2007..We are presenting a case illustrating the complex metabolic and rhythm disturbances associated with acute clenbuterol intoxication...
- The results of radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenPi Chang Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 30:655-61. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate the results of the RF catheter ablation of SVTs in pediatric patients...
- Slow-infusion of calcium channel blockers in the emergency management of supraventricular tachycardiaS H Lim
Department of Emergency Medicine, Singapore General Hospital, Outram Road, Singapore 169608, Singapore
Resuscitation 52:167-74. 2002To compare the efficacy of verapamil and diltiazem as slow infusions in terminating spontaneous supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in the emergency department (ED).
- Optimal surface electrocardiogram lead for identification of the mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenLeonardo Liberman
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 24:28-30. 2008Although supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) can be identified from any lead of the bedside monitor, the mechanism of tachycardia is not always obvious...
- Supraventricular tachycardia in children: symptoms distinguish from sinus tachycardiaAngela Green
University of Arkansas, Medical Sciences College of Nursing, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Emerg Nurs 31:105-8; quiz 120. 2005
- Supraventricular tachycardia: an incidental diagnosis in infants and difficult to prove in childrenP Vos
Department of Paediatrics, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Paediatr 92:1058-61. 2003To determine (a) the age distribution at first clinical supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) presentation; (b) the time interval between first clinical suspicion and electrocardiographic proof of SVT; c) the most indicative symptoms and ..
- Hydroxyzine-induced supraventricular tachycardia in a nine-year-old childA R Wong
Department of Paediatrics, School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kelantan, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 45:90-2. 2004..A nine-year-old girl presented with supraventricular tachycardia while on clinical doses of hydroxyzine for pruritus...
- Termination of supraventricular tachycardia by propofolS Kannan
Department of Anaesthetics, City Hospital, Dudley Road, Birmingham B18 7QH, UK
Br J Anaesth 88:874-5. 2002..We report a case where administration of propofol was associated with termination of supraventricular tachycardia. Although a similar phenomenon has been reported in children, this is the first such case in an adult.
- Supraventricular tachycardia in pregnancyK Robins
Department of Obstetric Anaesthesia, St James University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds LS9 7TF, UK
Br J Anaesth 92:140-3. 2004We present four cases of supraventricular tachycardia in pregnancy of varied aetiology...
- Comparison of electrophysiologic effects of propofol and isoflurane-based anesthetics in children undergoing radiofrequency catheter ablation for supraventricular tachycardiaThomas O Erb
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Anesthesiology 96:1386-94. 2002..It remains unclear whether the ability to successfully perform RFCA differs between these drugs...
- Supraventricular tachycardia in childrenMichal J Kantoch
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, T6G 2B7, Canada
Indian J Pediatr 72:609-19. 2005Several different mechanisms are responsible for paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia in children. Different forms of tachycardia occur at different age...
- Supraventricular tachycardia after orthotopic cardiac transplantationMarmar Vaseghi
UCLA Cardiac Arrhythmia Center, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:2241-9. 2008The purpose of this study was to define the incidence, mechanisms, and management, including catheter ablation, of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in a large series of patients after orthotopic heart transplantation (OHT).
- Recovery pattern of left ventricular dysfunction following radiofrequency ablation of incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and childrenJ V De Giovanni
Heart Unit, Birmingham Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Ladywood Middleway, UK
Heart 79:588-92. 1998..To assess recovery pattern of left ventricular function secondary to incessant tachycardia after radiofrequency ablation in a group of infants and children...
- Repeated supraventricular tachycardia in an asymptomatic patient with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome during Cesarean deliveryTakashi Okamoto
Can J Anaesth 50:752-3. 2003
- Elevated troponin levels after prolonged supraventricular tachycardia in patient with normal coronary angiographyRafael C Miranda
Hospital de Base Coronary Care Unit, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Sao Jose do Rio Preto Medical School, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil
Cardiology 106:10-3. 2006..We present the case of a 49-year-old female patient admitted to the Chest Pain Unit with a history of supraventricular tachycardia associated with chest discomfort, nausea and diaphoresis...
- Magnetocardiographic rhythm patterns at initiation and termination of fetal supraventricular tachycardiaR T Wakai
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin Madison, USA
Circulation 107:307-12. 2003..fMCG), we characterize for the first time the electrophysiological patterns of initiation and termination of reentrant fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), the most common form of life-threatening fetal arrhythmia.
- Use of intracardiac echocardiography in interventional electrophysiologyJ M Kalman
Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 20:2248-62. 1997..This article will review existing data and speculate as to possible future roles for intracardiac echocardiography in interventional electrophysiology...
- Emergency department management of the pediatric patient with supraventricular tachycardiaMioara D Manole
Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2583, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 23:176-85; quiz 186-9. 2007b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is the most common tachyarrhythmia that necessitates treatment in children...
- Isolated noncompaction cardiomyopathy presenting with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia--case report and literature reviewIjaz A Khan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE 68131 2044, USA
Angiology 54:243-50. 2003..The patient reported in this article presented with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia. Echocardiography is the procedure of choice to establish diagnosis...
- Atresia of the coronary sinus in patients with supraventricular tachycardiaArmin Luik
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:171-4. 2006....
- Quadricuspid aortic valve, parossistyc supraventricular tachycardia and double right kidney: an uncommon associationA Podesta
Cattedra di Cardiochirurgia, Universita degli Studi, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Cardioangiol 49:75-9. 2001..an association of pathologies had never been reported before: quadricuspid aortic valve, paroxystical supraventricular tachycardia and right double kidney with double renal pelvis and double proximal ureter...
- U22, a protocol to quantify symptoms associated with supraventricular tachycardiaMilos Kesek
Department of Cardiology, Heart Center, University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 32:S105-8. 2009..Discrete 0-10 scales are used. Unlike SF-36, U22 can be used in individual patients...
- Caesarean section using total intravenous anaesthesia in a patient with Ebstein's anomaly complicated by supraventricular tachycardiaA J R Macfarlane
Department of Anaesthesia, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Int J Obstet Anesth 16:155-9. 2007..Propofol and remifentanil total intravenous anaesthesia resulted in haemodynamic stability and delivery of a healthy baby who breathed spontaneously after two minutes...
- Clinical practice. Supraventricular tachycardiaEtienne Delacretaz
Swiss Cardiovascular Centre Bern, University Hospital Bern, Bern, Switzerland
N Engl J Med 354:1039-51. 2006
- Supraventricular arrhythmias after resection surgery of the lungO Rena
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Torino, San Giovanni Battista Hospital, Turin, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 20:688-93. 2001....
- Acute results of transvenous cryoablation of supraventricular tachycardia (atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia)Luz Maria Rodriguez
Department of Cardiology, Academic Hospital Maastricht and Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:1082-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to report on the safety and efficacy of a new cryoablation system for treatment of all SVTs...
- Utility of atrial and ventricular cycle length variability in determining the mechanism of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaThomas C Crawford
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 18:698-703. 2007No prior studies have systematically investigated the diagnostic value of cycle length (CL) variability in differentiating the mechanism of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT).
- Diagnosis of supraventricular tachycardiaN Al-Rawahi
Division of Cardiology, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y4W7, Canada
J Assoc Physicians India 55:21-4. 2007
- Catheter cryoablation of supraventricular tachycardia: results of the multicenter prospective "frosty" trialPeter L Friedman
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:129-38. 2004..To study the safety, efficacy, and mapping utility of a new cryoablation catheter...
- [Terminating supraventricular tachycardia with adenosine--comparing the effectiveness of 12 mg and 18 mg]P Weismuller
Medizinische Klinik II, Schwerpunkte Kardiologie und Angiologie, Universitätsklinik Marienhospital Herne, Ruhr Universitat Bochum
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 125:961-9. 2000..This study was done to answer the question if intravenous application of 18 mg adenosine is superior to 12 mg adenosine for the termination of supraventricular tachycardias...
- Value of ST-segment depression during paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia in the diagnosis of coronary artery diseaseS Gulec
Department of Cardiology, Medical School of Ankara University, Turkey
Am J Cardiol 83:458-60, A10. 1999We evaluated 39 patients >45 years old with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), 21 of whom had ST-segment depression during SVT...
- [Supraventricular tachycardia in infants, children and adolescents: diagnosis, drug and interventional therapy]T Paul
Abteilung Kinderheilkunde III, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Z Kardiol 89:546-58. 2000....
- Junctional rhythm quantity and duration during slow pathway radiofrequency ablation in patients with atrioventricular nodal re-entry supraventricular tachycardiaZ Iakobishvili
Department of Cardiology, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, 39 Jabotinsky Street, Petah Tikva, Israel
Europace 8:588-91. 2006..Our aim was to evaluate if the quantity and duration of accelerated junctional rhythm during radiofrequency ablation of the slow pathway is correlated with residual slow pathway conduction...
- Review of diagnosis, treatment, and outcome of fetal atrial flutter compared with supraventricular tachycardiaM Krapp
Division of Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Heart 89:913-7. 2003To review the diagnosis, treatment, and outcome of fetal atrial flutter compared with supraventricular tachycardia.
- Recovery of systolic and diastolic function after ablation of incessant supraventricular tachycardiaVera Maria Cury Salemi
Myocardiopathies Unit, Department of Cardiology, Heart Institure InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Eur J Heart Fail 7:1177-9. 2005..She had an incessant supraventricular tachycardia, which was not reversible with electrical cardioversion...
- Diagnostic value of tachycardia features and pacing maneuvers during paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaB P Knight
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor 48109 0022, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:574-82. 2000The purpose of this prospective study was to quantitate the diagnostic value of several tachycardia features and pacing maneuvers in patients with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) in the electrophysiology laboratory.
- Patients with paroxysmal atrial fibrillation but not paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia display evidence of platelet activation during arrhythmiaEnver Atalar
Department of Cardiology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Platelets 14:407-11. 2003..However, pathological hemostatic changes during the paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) have not yet been elucidated...
- Medications used to manage supraventricular tachycardia in the infant a North American surveyK K Wong
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, British Columbia Children s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6H 3V4, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol 27:199-203. 2006b>Supraventricular tachycardia is the most common pediatric arrhythmia, but there is no consensus and little evidence to guide its treatment...
- Guidelines and adenosine dosing in supraventricular tachycardiaJ Dixon
Department of Paediatric Cardiology, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Arch Dis Child 90:1190-1. 2005..This retrospective review of present practice of administration of adenosine by paediatricians shows that current guidelines recommend starting doses that are effective in only 9% of infants and children...
- Predictors of refractory tachycardia in infants with supraventricular tachycardiaS Sanatani
Division of Cardiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
Pediatr Cardiol 23:508-12. 2002Reentrant supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is the most common arrhythmia in infants. There are few predictors as to which patients will have recurrent or refractory SVT...
- Supraventricular tachyarrhythmias in Ebstein anomaly: management and outcomeAnant Khositseth
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:826-33. 2004..This study was undertaken to review the role of electrophysiology testing and to determine the early and late results of medical and surgical management of supraventricular tachyarrhythmias in Ebstein anomaly...
- Catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in the transplanted heart: a case series and literature reviewAnthony R Magnano
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:1878-86. 2003..The efficacy of RFA for treating various arrhythmia mechanisms was evaluated based on a summary of published case reports...
- [Combination therapy for fetal supraventricular tachycardia with flecainide and digoxin]G Anderer
Klinik für Geburtshilfe und Perinatalmedizin, Philipps Universitat Marburg
Z Geburtshilfe Neonatol 209:34-7. 2005Persistent fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) with more than 210 bpm frequently leads to congestive heart failure...
- Runs of ventricular and supraventricular tachycardia triggered by air pollution in patients with coronary heart diseaseAnnette Berger
Institute of Epidemiology, GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse 1, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Occup Environ Med 48:1149-58. 2006..The authors conducted an investigation of the association between air pollution and arrhythmia...
- Development of a safe and effective pediatric dosing regimen for sotalol based on population pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in children with supraventricular tachycardiaStephanie Laer
Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, University Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:1322-30. 2005The objective of this study was to develop age-specific dosage guidelines for sotalol in children with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) based on a population pharmacokinetic covariate analysis, clinical trial simulations, and ..
- Paroxysmal reciprocating supraventricular tachycardia in infants: electrophysiologically guided medical treatment and long-term evolution of the re-entry circuitFabrizio Drago
Paediatric Cardiology Department, Bambino Gesù Paediatric Hospital, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Europace 10:629-35. 2008..of this study is to evaluate the long-term prognosis in infants affected by paroxysmal reciprocating supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), to identify predictors of SVT disappearance, and to assess the efficacy of ..
- Catheter ablation of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaHiroshi Nakagawa
Cardiac Arrhythmia Research Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 1200 Everett Dr, ET 6E103, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Circulation 116:2465-78. 2007
- Mechanisms and management of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardiaA Kadish
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 250 E Superior Street, Suite 520, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Cardiol Rev 7:254-64. 1999Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT) is defined as a regular rapid heart beat, which initiates and terminates suddenly...
- Patient satisfaction and clinical outcome following outpatient radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardiaThomas Wolber
Cardiology, Cardiovascular Center, Univesity Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 140:52-6. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess patient satisfaction in patients with supraventricular tachycardia following catheter ablation on an outpatient basis.
- Supraventricular tachycardia in the pediatric primary care setting: Age-related presentation, diagnosis, and managementEmily Anne Schlechte
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 22:289-99. 2008As many as 1 in 250 children experience supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but its presentation is often vague and its symptoms mistakenly attributed to other common pediatric conditions...
- Pediatric radiofrequency catheter ablation registry success, fluoroscopy time, and complication rate for supraventricular tachycardia: comparison of early and recent erasJohn D Kugler
Joint Division of Pediatric Cardiology, University of Nebraska Creighton University, Children s Hospital, Omaha 68114, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:336-41. 2002To assess changes of success rate, fluoroscopy time, and complication rate for six supraventricular tachycardia pathways/ mechanisms, data from the Pediatric Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation Registry were grouped into two eras (1991-1995; ..
- Incidence and predictors of supraventricular dysrhythmias after pulmonary resectionJ J Curtis
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia 65212, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 66:1766-71. 1998..Specifically, we wished to test the hypothesis that the incidence of postoperative supraventricular dysrhythmias is dependent on the magnitude of pulmonary resection...
- Extracorporeal life support as a treatment of supraventricular tachycardia in infantsGregor M Walker
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, UK
Pediatr Crit Care Med 4:52-4. 2003..in whom venoarterial ECLS was used to provide support for cardiogenic shock secondary to intractable supraventricular tachycardia. In both cases, the arrhythmia terminated once bypass was established...
- Intermittent wide QRS complexes during a supraventricular tachycardia: what is the mechanism?Eduardo Back Sternick
Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology Unit, Biocor Instituto, Nova Lima, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Heart Rhythm 2:1011-2. 2005
- The adenosine triphosphate test: a bedside diagnostic tool for identifying the mechanism of supraventricular tachycardia in patients with palpitationsS Viskin
Department of Cardiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:173-7. 2001....
- Double ventricular response via dual atrioventricular nodal pathways resulting with nonreentrant supraventricular tachycardia and successfully treated with radiofrequency catheter ablationK Nakao
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
J Electrocardiol 34:59-63. 2001We report a patient with a complex nonreentrant supraventricular tachycardia because of double ventricular response resulting from antegrade dual atrioventricular (AV) nodal pathways...
- Performance of a dual-chamber implantable defibrillator algorithm for discrimination of ventricular from supraventricular tachycardiaClaude Kouakam
Department of Cardiac Pacing and Electrophysiology, Lille University Hospital, France
Europace 6:32-42. 2004..The present multicentre, open study aimed to evaluate the performance of a dual-chamber detection algorithm, the Atrial View algorithm, incorporated in a dual-chamber ICD, the Ventak AV (Guidant Inc., St. Paul, Minnesota, USA)...
- Intracardiac echocardiography to guide transseptal catheterization for radiofrequency catheter ablation of left-sided accessory pathways: two case reportsRodolfo Citro
Department of Cardiology, San Luca Hospital, Vallo della Lucania, Salerno, Italy
Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2:20. 2004..ICE-guided transseptal approach might be a promising modality for TCRFA of LSAP...
- Slow pathway ablation in children with documented reentrant supraventricular tachycardia not inducible during invasive electrophysiologic studyM Emmel
Department Paediatric Cardiology, University Hospital of Cologne, Kerpener Str 62, 50924 Köln, Germany
Z Kardiol 94:808-12. 2005....
- Effects of diltiazem prophylaxis on the incidence and clinical outcome of atrial arrhythmias after thoracic surgeryD Amar
Departments of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 120:790-8. 2000..We sought to determine whether early prophylaxis with an L -type calcium channel blocker reduces the incidence and morbidity associated with atrial fibrillation/flutter and supraventricular tachyarrhythmia after major thoracic operations...
- Supraventricular tachycardia in infants, children and adolescents: diagnosis, and pharmacological and interventional therapyT Paul
Department of Paediatric Cardiology and Paediatric Intensive Care, Children s Hospital, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Paediatr Drugs 2:171-81. 2000b>Supraventricular tachycardia is the most frequent form of symptomatic tachydysrhythmia in children. Neonates and infants with paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardias generally present with signs of acute congestive heart failure...
- Radiofrequency ablation for supraventricular tachycardia in children < or =15 kg is safe and effectiveR Aiyagari
C S Mott Children s Hospital, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, L1242 Women s 0204, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0204, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 26:622-6. 2005..Clinical, electrophysiologic, and RFA data for all patients < or =20 kg who underwent RFA for supraventricular tachycardia between January 1994 and January 2003 were reviewed...
- Supraventricular arrhythmia following lung resection for non-small cell lung cancer and its treatment with amiodaroneP Ciriaco
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Milan, Scientific Institute H S Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 18:12-6. 2000....
- Twin AV node and induced supraventricular tachycardia in Fontan palliation patientsEun Jung Bae
Department of Pediatrics, Seoul National University Children s Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:126-34. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the occurrence of twin AV node according to anatomical subgroups, and to determine its relation to tachycardia...
- Wide-complex tachycardia: beyond the traditional differential diagnosis of ventricular tachycardia vs supraventricular tachycardia with aberrant conductionHeather Hollowell
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Emerg Med 23:876-89. 2005..These tachycardias are diverse; as such, the pathophysiology behind each form of WCT includes toxic, metabolic, and conduction system dysfunction mechanisms...
- Prospective assessment after pediatric cardiac ablation: recurrence at 1 year after initially successful ablation of supraventricular tachycardiaGeorge F Van Hare
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Cardiology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:188-96. 2004..A multicenter prospective study was performed to assess the results and risks associated with radiofrequency ablation in children. This report focuses on recurrences following initially successful ablation...
- Flecainide in the intrauterine treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardiaM Krapp
Division of Prenatal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Lubeck, Germany
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 19:158-64. 2002To assess the efficacy of flecainide in the intrauterine treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) with 1 : 1 atrioventricular conduction.
- Which patient should be referred to an electrophysiologist: supraventricular tachycardiaRichard J Schilling
Cardiology Department, St Barts Hospital, West Smithfield London EC1 7BE, UK
Heart 87:299-304. 2002
- Second-line treatment of fetal supraventricular tachycardia using flecainide acetateE S Ebenroth
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Cardiology, James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Research 104, 702 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 22:483-7. 2001Digoxin has been an effective treatment for fetal supraventricular tachycardia (SVT), but second-line therapy remains more controversial. Thirty-seven cases of fetal SVT were identified that received digoxin as first-line therapy...
- Incessant supraventricular tachycardia with constant 1:2 atrioventricular ratio: a longitudinally dissociated atrioventricular node?Paulus Kirchhof
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:316-9. 2003We report a patient with incessant, exercise-limiting supraventricular tachycardia on the ventricular level and a constant 1:2 atrioventricular relation...
- Nonfluoroscopic catheter navigation for radiofrequency catheter ablation of supraventricular tachycardia in childrenJohn Papagiannis
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, Athens, Greece
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 29:971-8. 2006Radiofrequency catheter ablation (RCA) of supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) in children is highly successful but requires exposure to radiation. Nonfluoroscopic mapping systems may significantly reduce fluoroscopy time.
- Intraoperative radiofrequency ablation of the atrium: effectiveness for treatment of supraventricular tachycardia in congenital heart surgeryGary S Kopf
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 74:797-804; discussion 804. 2002b>Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) is common in surgical patients with congenital heart disease...
- Prenatal ultrasound may predict fetal response to therapy in non-hydropic fetuses with supraventricular tachycardiaJ M Jouannic
Maternité, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Faculté de Médecine Paris V, France
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:120-3. 2002To study the fetal response to prenatal therapy in non-hydropic fetuses with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) as a function of fetal haemodynamic status at presentation.
- Management of cardiomyopathy resulting from incessant supraventricular tachycardia in infants and childrenR Juneja
Department of Cardiology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian Heart J 54:176-80. 2002..considered to be the treatment of choice in patients with ventricular dysfunction related to incessant supraventricular tachycardia. However, reservations regarding its use in infants and children prompted us to try alternative ..
- Atrial tachycardia originating from the noncoronary aortic cusp and musculature connection with the atria: relevance for catheter ablationTakumi Yamada
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0019, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:1494-6. 2006
- Adenosine can improve the intra-atrial conduction block along the mitral annulus during accessory pathway ablationTakumi Yamada
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, VH B147, 1670 University Boulevard, 1530 3rd Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Europace 10:303-5. 2008A 10-year-old boy with a supraventricular tachycardia was referred for catheter ablation. An electrophysiologic study revealed a left lateral concealed accessory pathway (AP)...
- Cluster of multiple atrial tachycardias limited to pregnancy after radiofrequency ablation following senning operationTim Risius
Int J Cardiol 123:e48-50. 2008..Subsequently, the patient was free of tachycardias during a 36 month follow-up and the child is healthy...
- A technique for diagnosis of accessory pathway using the H-H and A-A intervals of the first entrained cycle during ventricular overdrive pacingTakehiko Matsushita
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Am J Cardiol 102:197-202. 2008..of succeeding atrial activation by a ventricular extrastimulus (VES) on His refractoriness during supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) has been used as evidence of an accessory pathway (AP), the sensitivity of this method is ..
- [Arrhythmia-induced dilated cardiomyopathies]Jean Paul Bounhoure
Clinique Pasteur Unité de Rythmologie, Avenue de Lombez, Toulouse 31076
Bull Acad Natl Med 190:1225-35; discussion 1235-6. 2006..Control of the ventricular rate by radiofrequency modification of atrioventricular conduction is the treatment of choice for chronic atrial fibrillation...
- Six mechanisms of supraventricular tachycardia in the same patient: report of a caseAbdel J Fuenmayor
Electrophysiology Laboratory, Albarregas Clinic, Merida, Venezuela
Int J Cardiol 103:330-4. 2005..The 4 accessory pathways and the slow A-V nodal pathway were successfully ablated, and the patient has been asymptomatic for 12 months without taking antiarrhythmic drugs...
- [Arrhythmias in patients with obstructive sleep apnea]Kitti Barta
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Belgyógyászati Klinika Debrecen
Orv Hetil 149:579-87. 2008..It is important to recognize the factors predisposing to arrhythmias and the early appropriate therapy of patients is essential, in order to protect patients from life threatening arrhythmias which may worsen the clinical outcome...
- [4. Apropos of postpacing interval]S Richter
Heart Rhythm Management Institute, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 17:239-41. 2006
- Impact of percutaneous transluminal septal myocardial ablation on refractory paroxysmal atrial fibrillation in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathyYusuke Hosokawa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo, Tokyo 1138603, Japan
Angiology 59:329-34. 2008....
- Broad complex tachycardia during treatment of atrial fibrillation with a 1c antiarrhythmic drug: ventricular or supraventricular proarrhythmia?A C P Wiesfeld
Int J Cardiol 107:140-1. 2006
- Atrial tachycardia: mechanisms and managementApoor Patel
Department of Cardiology, New York Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell Medical Center, Division of Cardiology, 525 East 68th Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther 6:811-22. 2008..Success rates for ablation are highest for typical atrial flutter and higher than antiarrhythmic therapy for most atrial tachycardias...
- Surface electrocardiogram characteristics of atrial tachycardias occurring after pulmonary vein isolationEdward P Gerstenfeld
Section of Cardiac Electrophysiology, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania Health System, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Heart Rhythm 4:1136-43. 2007..The purpose of this study was to describe the surface electrocardiogram (ECG) morphology of common atrial tachycardias (ATs) that occur after pulmonary vein (PV) isolation...
- TachydysrhythmiasSarah A Stahmer
Emergency Medicine, Cooper Hospital University Medical Center, One Cooper Plaza, Room 114, Camden, NJ 08103, USA
Emerg Med Clin North Am 24:11-40, v-vi. 2006..The approach to the tachydysrhythmia should begin with distinguishing sinus from non-sinus rhythms, then assessing QRS complex width and regularity. This article review tachydysrhythmias...
- Atrial Fibrillation Precursors May Be Novel Stroke Risk FactorsHooman Kamel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific Aim 3 will test the hypothesis that clinical diagnoses of paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia are associated with the risk of stroke after transient ischemic attack...
- Randomized Trial of Nonflouroscopic Technologies in Pediatric SVT AblationJohn K Triedman; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Supraventricular tachycardia and preexcitation syndromes, collectively referred to as SVT in this proposal, affect many children and young adults without underlying heart disease...
- Airway sensory nerves and dyspnea in human subjectsNausherwan Burki; Fiscal Year: 2004..Adenosine is a commonly used therapeutic intravenous drug for treatment of supraventricular tachycardia; it has been frequently reported to cause dyspnea...
- NOVEL CATHETER FOR TREATMENT OF VENTRICULAR TACHYCARDIAMichael Curley; Fiscal Year: 1999..Thermal ablation using radiofrequency or laser heating can effectively treat supraventricular tachycardia, but the lesions are too small to treat most VTs, especially those that originate from infarct scars...
- CA2+-MEDIATED MECHANISMS OF ATRIAL PACEMAKER ACTIVITYSTEPHEN LIPSIUS; Fiscal Year: 2004..participate in a wide variety of atrial arrhythmias including brady-tachy syndrome, atrial tachycardia, supraventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation...
- Simultaneous Echocardiography & Magnetocardiography In Fetal Heart DiseaseJanette Strasburger; Fiscal Year: 2007..echo/Doppler criteria could be used for electrocardiographic interval assessment in the neonate with supraventricular tachycardia (SVT) undergoing electrophysiologic testing...
- Image-guided Fetal Cardiac InterventionJohn Triedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE ASSESSMENT AFTER PEDIATRIC CARDIAC ABLATIONGeorge Van Hare; Fiscal Year: 2002..A total of 450 pediatric patients will be enrolled prospectively and evaluated both before ablation of supraventricular tachycardia and at intervals following ablation with clinical history and examination, electrocardiogram, 24-hour ..
- Tele-electrocardiography in Emergency Cardiac CareBarbara Drew; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of DGAT1 In Muscle LipotoxicityYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006..As a result, we may be able to identify new molecular target(s) for future drug therapy aimed at reducing lipotoxicity ..
- Gene Targets of NKX 2.5 in the Conduction SystemMelvin Scheinman; Fiscal Year: 2004..MinK and HCN-1) in the pathogenesis of arrhythmias in the ventricular restricted knockout mouse model. This will be done by using in-situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry to follow the pattern of expression of these ion channels. ..
- DGAT Overexpression In Mouse Adipose Tissue and MuscleYi Hao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- FETAL AND NEONATAL MEGRonald Wakai; Fiscal Year: 2005..Such a technology would be extremely valuable in the identification of fetuses with brain dysfunction due to chronic intrauterine central nervous system insults, which may result in developmental difficulties, including cerebral palsy. ..
- The Pathophysiology of T-wave AlternansSanjiv Narayan; Fiscal Year: 2005..This structured approach will ensure the successful completion of this project and, in this way, the development of the applicant into an independent clinician-investigator. ..
- Inherited Ion Channel Defects in ArrhythmiasAUGUSTUS GRANT; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isoform expression will be determined by in situ hydridization. The proposed studies will provide new insights into ion channel function, their regulation and possible basis for cardiac arrhythmias. ..
- Cardiac Parasympathetic Effect in Exercise and RecoveryJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..