Genomes and Genes
double outlet right ventricle
Summary: Incomplete transposition of the great vessels in which both the aorta and the pulmonary artery arise from the right ventricle, often associated with a subaortic ventricular septal defect.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Establishing right ventricle-pulmonary artery continuity by autologous tissue: an alternative approach for prosthetic conduit repairYukihisa Isomatsu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 78:173-80. 2004..This study was undertaken to compare long-term results of the use of equine pericardial conduits, autologous pericardial conduits, and direct anastomosis repair...
- New mutations in ZFPM2/FOG2 gene in tetralogy of Fallot and double outlet right ventricleAlessandro De Luca
CSS Mendel Institute, Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Rome, Italy
Clin Genet 80:184-90. 2011..with CTD, including tetralogy of Fallot with or without pulmonary atresia (TOF, 178 patients), double outlet right ventricle (DORV, 13 patients), and truncus arteriosus (11 patients)...
- Novel ZFPM2/FOG2 variants in patients with double outlet right ventricleZ P Tan
Clinical Center for Gene Diagnosis and Therapy of State Key Laboratory of Medical Genetics Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan Province, China
Clin Genet 82:466-71. 2012..5-1% of all newborns and are the most common birth defects. Double outlet right ventricle (DORV) accounts for approximately 1-3% of all CHDs...
- Pregnancy after undergoing the Fontan procedure for a double outlet right ventricle: report of a caseMasayoshi Ito
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Surg Today 32:63-5. 2002We describe a 25-year-old woman who had a successful pregnancy after the repair of a double outlet right ventricle using the Fontan procedure...
- Double outlet right ventricle: aetiologies and associationsD Obler
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Med Genet 45:481-97. 2008b>Double outlet right ventricle (DORV), a clinically significant congenital heart defect, occurs in 1-3% of individuals with congenital heart defects...
- Surgical management of double outlet right ventricle with intact ventricular septumCarlo Pace Napoleone
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 75:586-7. 2003A very rare case of double outlet right ventricle with intact ventricular septum and unrestricted pulmonary flow was successfully palliated with pulmonary banding and delayed bidirectional cavopulmonary anastomosis and mitral avulsion...
- Transcatheter creation and enlargement of ventricular septal defects for relief of ventricular hypertensionJeffery Meadows
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, Mass 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:912-8. 2007..We report the results of a novel technique for transcatheter creation or enlargement of ventricular septal defects as an alternative to reoperation when decompression of an isolated ventricle is indicated...
- Impact of prenatal diagnosis and anatomical subtype on outcome in double outlet right ventricleMaria E Lagopoulos
Hospital for Sick Children, Labatt Family Heart Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 160:692-700. 2010We sought to investigate the influence of prenatal diagnosis and risk factors for adverse outcomes in double outlet right ventricle (DORV) not associated with heterotaxy.
- Surgical repair for double outlet right ventricle and intact ventricular septumD E Troise
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Giovanni XXIII Hospital, Bari, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 71:1018-9. 2001We report the case of a neonate with a complex cardiac anomaly that consisted of a double outlet right ventricle, intact ventricular septum, small left ventricle, and pulmonary stenosis who underwent surgical repair with a successful ..
- Biventricular repair in double outlet right ventricle: surgical results based on the STS-EACTS International Nomenclature classificationJohn H Artrip
Denver Children s Hospital, Denver, CO, USA
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:545-50. 2006..International Nomenclature for Congenital Heart Surgery (CHS) defines four anatomic subtypes of double outlet right ventricle (DORV) based on the relationship of the ventricular septal defect (VSD) with the great vessels and the ..
- The impact of the length between the top of the interventricular septum and the aortic valve on the indications for a biventricular repair in patients with a transposition of the great arteries or a double outlet right ventricleYasuhiro Fujii
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Hospital, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Kita ku, Okayama City, Okayama, 700 8558, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 10:900-5; discussion 905. 2010..in patients with transposition of the great arteries (TGA)/ventricular septal defect (VSD) or double outlet right ventricle (DORV)...
- Outcomes of definitive surgical repair for congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries or double outlet right ventricle with discordant atrioventricular connections: risk analyses in 189 patientsToshiharu Shin'oka
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 133:1318-28, 1328.e1-4. 2007..types of surgical repairs for either congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries or double outlet right ventricle with discordant atrioventricular connections, and to analyze the risk factors that affect early and ..
- Biventricular repair of double outlet right ventricle with noncommitted ventricular septal defectFrancois Lacour-Gayet
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Eppendorf University Hospital, Hamburg, Germany
Semin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg Pediatr Card Surg Annu 5:163-72. 2002b>Double outlet right ventricle (DORV) with noncommitted ventricular septal defect (VSD) (DORVncVSD) represents the most extreme form of DORV, raising challenging surgical difficulties for biventricular repair...
- Argatroban anticoagulation for cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass in an infant with double outlet right ventricle and a history of heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaMichael L Ciccolo
Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiovascular Surgical Associates, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Congenit Heart Dis 3:299-302. 2008..We report the use of the anticoagulant argatroban for cardiac surgery with cardiopulmonary bypass in an infant with double outlet right ventricle and a history of HIT.
- Biventricular repair of double outlet right ventricle with non-committed ventricular septal defect (VSD) by VSD rerouting to the pulmonary artery and arterial switchF Lacour-Gayet
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Eppendorf University Hospital UKE, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 21:1042-8. 2002Biventricular repair of double outlet right ventricle non-committed ventricular septal defect (DORVncVSD) is usually achieved by a VSD rerouting to the aorta...
- Congenital Heart Surgery Nomenclature and Database Project: double outlet right ventricleH L Walters
Department of Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit 48201, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 69:S249-63. 2000b>Double outlet right ventricle (DORV) is a type of ventriculoarterial connection in which both great vessels arise entirely or predominantly from the right ventricle...
- Arterial switch operation with a single coronary arteryAlbertus M Scheule
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:1164-72. 2002..Our purpose was to evaluate the impact of coronary pattern on survival and reintervention in patients who underwent the arterial switch operation with a single coronary artery...
- Surgical repair of incomplete cleft sternum and cardiac anomalies in early infancyMassimo Antonio Padalino
Division of Pediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Medical School, Padova, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 81:2291-4. 2006..We report two cases of incomplete superior cleft sternum associated with cardiac anomalies that underwent successful complete surgical correction...
- [Risk factors associated with arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries]Juan A García Hernández
Unidad de Cuidados Intensivos Pediatricos, Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocio, Hospital Infantil, Sevilla, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 58:815-21. 2005..The present study was undertaken to determine the risk factors for early mortality following an arterial switch operation...
- DORV with non-committed VSD and Taussig-Bing hearts. Controversial anatomic entitiesJose M Caffarena
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 23:136; author reply 136-7. 2003
- Acquired coronary artery fistula after open heart surgery for congenital heart diseaseShuenn Nan Chiu
Department of Pediatrics, National Taiwan University Hospital, School of Medicine, National Taiwan University, 7 Chung Shan S Rd, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Int J Cardiol 103:187-92. 2005..Most coronary artery fistulas were reported as congenital. Acquired coronary artery fistula occurring after cardiac surgery has rarely been reported...
- Primary repair of pulmonary artery sling with double outlet right ventricle and distal tracheal stenosisY Oshima
Department of Cardio thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery, Kobe Children s Hospital, Kobe, Japan
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 43:849-51. 2002..We present a case of successful simultaneous one-stage repair of pulmonary artery sling, double outlet right ventricle and distal tracheal obstruction...
- Resternotomy for a retrosternal cardiac pseudoaneurysm in a 1.5-year- old child: a case reportGhassan M Baslaim
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases and Radiology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Card Surg 20:497-500. 2005..with the surgical approach of a child with a cardiac pseudoaneurysm who had undergone a biventricular repair of a double outlet right ventricle with non-committed ventricular septal defect in the form of intraventricular tunneling.
- Normally connected anomalously draining obstructed pulmonary veins in an infant with mitral atresia: clinical presentation and catheter managementM R Ebeid
Division of Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 24:403-5. 2003A patient with hypoplastic left ventricle and double outlet right ventricle underwent pulmonary artery band as a newborn...
- Chromosome 22q11 deletions in patients with conotruncal heart defectsA Khositseth
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Pediatr Cardiol 26:570-3. 2005..A subgroup of patients with IAA, TA, SPVSD, and PAVSD associated with phenotypic features or abnormalities warrants evaluation for the presence of 22q11 deletions...
- [Indications of arterial switch operation for complex congenital heart defect with severe pulmonary hypertension and ventriculoarterial discordant connection]Ying Long Liu
Pediatric Center of Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:23-5. 2006..To summarize the experience in arterial switch operation (ASO) for complex congenital heart defect (CHD) with severe pulmonary hypertension (PH) and ventriculoarterial discordant connection in children older than 6 months...
- Potential goals for the dimensions of the pulmonary arteries and aorta with stenting after the Fontan operationHideshi Tomita
Department of Pediatrics, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 56:246-53. 2002..In conclusion, smaller-sized stents should be acceptable for both the pulmonary artery and descending aorta in the Fontan circulation...
- Tricuspid valve detachment for transatrial closure of ventricular septal defectsSajan Koshy
Division of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Center, Kochi, Cochin, Kerala 682026, India
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 10:314-7. 2002..The benefits of temporary leaflet detachment for transatrial repair of various difficult defects far outweigh the risk of postoperative tricuspid regurgitation...
- Selective timing for the arterial switch operationBrian W Duncan
Department of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, The Children s Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 77:1691-6; discussion 1697. 2004..To determine outcomes for the arterial switch operation individualized according to the underlying anatomy and clinical status...
- Combined aortic arch repair and arterial switch without coronary reimplantationKozo Ishino
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:577-8. 2004
- Complex double-outlet right ventricle repair in a neonate with complete tracheal agenesisGuido Oppido
Department of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna Medical School, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:283-5. 2004
- Risk factors for neo-aortic root enlargement and aortic regurgitation following arterial switch operationC J McMahon
Lillie Frank Abercrombie Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 25:329-35. 2004..Surgical intervention for AR was rare (2%), however, serial surveillance of such patients is vital to monitor for neo-aortic root enlargement and potential aortic valve dysfunction...
- Surgical repair of coronary sinus orifice atresia with persistent left superior vena cava in heterotaxiaShin Takabayashi
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Gen Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 55:197-9. 2007..Bidirectional Glenn anastomosis and edge-to-edge common atrioventricular valve repair were concomitantly performed. After a 1-year follow-up period, the patient is alive and well without any ischemic event...
- [Arterial switch operation in older infants with severe pulmonary hypertension]Qing Yu Wu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:478-81. 2003..To investigate the clinical efficacy of arterial swith operation on transposition of great artery (TGA) and Tausing-Bing anomaly...
- Modified fenestration technique for the Kawashima operation in a young infantDante Picarelli
Division of Cardiac Surgery, American Cardiac Center, American Hospital, Montevideo, Uruguay
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:451-2. 2005
- [Two-stage repair of the transposition of great arteries with interruption/coarctation of the aorta]Fumio Fukumura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kyushu Koseinenkin Hospital, Kitakyushu, Japan
Kyobu Geka 58:66-70. 2005..Two-stage repair for TGA with IAA/CoA is still a useful method with a good operative result. However, strict follow-up is necessary because of the high frequency of late morbidity...
- Midterm results after restoration of the morphologically left ventricle to the systemic circulation in patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteriesStephen M Langley
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Diana Princess of Wales Children s Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:1229-41. 2003..This study was undertaken to determine the outcomes of patients with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries after restoration of the morphologically left ventricle to the systemic circulation...
- Improvement of protein-losing enteropathy by coil embolization of the left azygos veinAkira Ishii
Department of Pediatrics, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 59:399-401. 2003....
- Ten-year experience with the arterial switch operationR Sharma
Department of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Cardiothoracic Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Indian Heart J 54:681-6. 2002..Arterial level repair is considered the most appropriate procedure for transposition of the great arteries. This report describes our experience with the arterial switch operation over the past decade...
- Redefining the impact of oxygen and hyperventilation after the Norwood procedureScott M Bradley
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:473-80. 2004..This study determines the effects of these interventions on mixed venous saturation and systemic oxygen delivery in postoperative neonates...
- [Surgical treatment on residual shunt after repair of ventricular septal defect]Wen Gen Gao
Cardiovascular Department of General Hospital of Shenyang Military District, Shenyang 110016, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:462-4. 2004..To summarize the experience in surgical treatment of residual shunt after repair of ventricular septal defect and investigate the position of the residual shunts...
- Posterior descending coronary artery flow reserve assessment by Doppler echocardiography in children with and without congenital heart defect: comparison with invasive techniqueM Aoki
Department of Pediatrics, Akita University School of Medicine, I 1 1 Hondo, 010 8543, Akita, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 25:647-53. 2004....
- [Arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries and double outlet of right ventricle with subpulmonary ventricular septum defect]Zhi Wei Xu
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200127, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:451-4. 2004..To summarize the clinical experience on the arterial switch operation for complex congenital heart disease in recent 3 years in our hospital...
- [The effects of coronary abnormalities on reconstruction of right ventricular outflow tract in patients with complex congenital heart disease]Fan dong Li
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Shandong Provencial Hospital, Shandong University, Jinan 250012, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:655-7. 2006..To explore the effects of coronary abnormalities on reconstruction of right ventricular outflow tract in patients with complex congenital heart disease...
- Intermediate-term results of the Senning or Mustard procedures combined with the Rastelli operation for patients with discordant atrioventricular connections associated with discordant ventriculoarterial connections or double outlet right ventricleJürgen Hörer
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, German Heart Centre Munich at the Technical University, Munich, Germany
Cardiol Young 17:158-65. 2007..In this study, we have evaluated the outcomes in the intermediate term for this complex surgical procedure...
- Right ventricular outflow tract obstruction after arterial switch operation for the Taussig-Bing heartNicodeme Sinzobahamvya
Department of Pediatric Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Congenital Cardiac Center Deutsches Kinderherzzentrum, Sankt Augustin, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:873-8. 2007..We evaluated the risk to develop RVOTO after ASO for Taussig-Bing heart...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Virtual cardiotomy for preoperative planningThomas Sangild Sørensen
CAVI University of Aarhus, Aabogade 34, 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Circulation 115:e312. 2007
- Total cavo-pulmonary connection without foreign material for asplenic heart associated with partial anomalous pulmonary venous connectionKouta Agematsu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Chiba Children s Hospital, 579 1, Heta Cho, Midori ku, Chiba City, Chiba, 266 0007, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:344-6. 2008The presented case was a 3-year-old boy diagnosed with asplenia (SLL), double outlet right ventricle, pulmonary stenosis, atrioventricular septal defect, hypoplastic left ventricle and partial anomalous pulmonary venous connection to the ..
- The optimal procedure for the great arteries and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction. An anatomical studyMark Hazekamp
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:879-87. 2007..To describe the optimal surgical strategy in heart specimens with transposition of the great arteries (TGA) and left ventricular outflow tract obstruction (LVOTO)...
- Hybrid approach as a bridging procedure to biventricular repair for aortic hypoplasia with ventricular septal defect in a 1720-g premature infantPedro Betrián Blasco
Pediatric Cardiology and Hemodynamics Department, Valle de Hebron Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:516-8. 2007
- Cardiac outcome up to 15 years after the arterial switch operationSharon H Wong
Green Lane Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Service, Starship Children s Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand
Heart Lung Circ 17:48-53. 2008..To assess the cardiac outcome and risk factors for mortality of infants following the arterial switch operation (ASO)...
- Current risk factors and outcomes for the arterial switch operationZuhab A Qamar
Division of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, C S Mott Children s Hospital, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 84:871-8; discussion 878-9. 2007..The arterial switch operation is the preferred treatment for dextrotransposition of the great arteries and some forms of double-outlet right ventricle...
- The effect of p.Arg25Cys alteration in NKX2-5 on conotruncal heart anomalies: mutation or polymorphism?M I Akçaboy
Division of Pediatric Genetics, Ankara University School of Medicine, Birlik Mah 65 Sok No 20 7, Cankaya, Ankara 06610, Turkey
Pediatr Cardiol 29:126-9. 2008..These results show that no genetic support exists for the pathogenecity of this alteration, although a previous in vitro study and theoretical predictions suggest a structural/functional difference in the altered protein region...
- Isolated atrioventricular discordance: surgical experienceRajesh Sharma
Departments of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery, Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore, India
Ann Thorac Surg 85:1403-6. 2008..Published literature is scant, mainly because of the rarity of this cardiac anomaly. We review our surgical experience with this lesion...
- [Technical modification and late results of arterial switch operation]Masaaki Yamagishi
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Children s Research Hospital, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Kyobu Geka 61:297-302. 2008..No coronary events occurred (i.e. inclusive of coronary stenosis, myocardial infarction, and coronary death). The bay window technique is an innovative and simple surgical adjunct for translocating complex coronary arteries...
- Arterial switch operation in patients with Taussig-Bing anomaly--influence of staged repair and coronary anatomy on outcomeMassimo Griselli
Department of Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Diana, Princess of Wales Children s Hospital, Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham B4 6NH, United Kingdom
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:229-35. 2007This study evaluated the results of arterial switch operation and closure of ventricular defects (ASO+VSDc) for double outlet right ventricle with sub-pulmonary ventricular septal defect (Taussig-Bing anomaly).
- [Single-stage arterial switch operation for transposition of the great arteries and Taussig-Bing with aortic arch obstruction]Zhi Wei Xu
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Second Medical University, Shanghai 200127, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:1441-3. 2005..To evaluate one-stage arterial Switch operation for transposition of the great arteries (TGA) and Taussig-Bing with aortic arch obstruction...
- Echocardiographic characteristics and outcome of straddling mitral valveA Fraisse
Department of Cardiology, Children's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 38:819-26. 2001..Although a biventricular approach is feasible in selected patients, a functional univentricular palliation is indicated in those with major straddling and markedly hypoplastic ventricles...
- Double switch operation for superior-inferior ventriclesN Hibino
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women's Medical College
Ann Thorac Surg 72:2119-21. 2001..This is the first report we have been able to locate of a double switch operation for superior-inferior ventricles...
- Repair of double outlet right ventricle with doubly-committed ventricular septal defectH Uemura
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, National Cardiovascular Center, Osaka, Japan
Cardiol Young 11:415-9. 2001OBJECTIVE: To investigate our surgical results of intraventricular rerouting in patients having double outlet right ventricle with doubly-committed ventricular septal defect...
- [Double switch operation (Senning and Rastelli operation) with left atrial augumentation by in situ autologous pericardium: a case report]M Ogawa
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Kyobu Geka 54:1099-102. 2001..For the purpose of atrial augumentation without artificial materials, our modified Senning procedure is useful. But longer follow-up is necessary to determine whether this technique is indeed beneficial...
- Is preoperative delineation of coronary artery pattern a prerequisite for arterial switch operation?Ghassan M Baslaim
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
J Card Surg 21:465-70. 2006..To determine the effect of preoperative echocardiographic delineation of coronary artery pattern on the immediate postoperative result of arterial switch procedures...
- Analysis of surgical outcome in complex double-outlet right ventricle with heterotaxy syndrome or complete atrioventricular canal defectKoh Takeuchi
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 82:146-52. 2006..Heterotaxy syndrome, which is often associated with total anomalous pulmonary venous connection and complete atrioventricular canal defect, has been considered a risk factor for surgical repair of double-outlet right ventricle...
- [Lung pathology of complex congenital heart defect with diminished pulmonary blood flow but without aortopulmonary collateral artery and patent ductus arteriosus in infants and young children]Xiao Tong Zhang
Center of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 10:311-4. 2008....
- Right atrial isomerism: preponderance in Asian fetuses. Using the stomach-distance ratio as a possible diagnostic tool for prediction of right atrial isomerismYing Liu Yan
Antenatal Diagnostic Centre, KK Women s and Children s Hospital, Singapore
Ann Acad Med Singapore 37:906-12. 2008..34 as a diagnostic tool to predict right atrial isomerism...
- Initial experience with a bicuspid polytetrafluoroethylene pulmonary valve in 41 children and adults: a new option for right ventricular outflow tract reconstructionJames A Quintessenza
The Congenital Heart Institute of Florida CHIF, All Children s Hospital, University of South Florida, St Petersburg 33701, United States
Ann Thorac Surg 79:924-31. 2005..We report our initial experience in 41 consecutive patients treated with placement of a surgically created polytetrafluoroethylene bicuspid pulmonary valve...
- Early and long-term prognostic value of Troponin-I after cardiac surgery in newborns and childrenTomaso Bottio
Cardiovascular Institute, School of Medicine of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 30:250-5. 2006....
- Conotruncal anomalies in the trisomy 16 mouse: an immunohistochemical analysis with emphasis on the involvement of the neural crestB R Waller
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Anat Rec 260:279-93. 2000..5 to 14.5 embryonic days. Conotruncal malformations observed in the Ts 16 embryos included double outlet right ventricle, persistent truncus arteriosus, Tetralogy of Fallot, and right-sided aortic arch...
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve implantation using the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter heart valveRobert H Boone
St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 75:286-94. 2010..Transcatheter pulmonary valve implantation improves conduit hemodynamics through a minimally invasive approach. We present data for 7 patients treated with the Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter heart valve (THV)...
- New indicator for the Fontan operation: diameters of the pulmonary veins in patients with univentricular heartY Kawahira
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Osaka Medical Center, Japan
J Card Surg 14:259-65. 1999..Operative survival after the Fontan procedure is good; however, there are some patients with disappointing results, especially those with atrial isomerism...
- Operative strategies for pulmonary artery occlusion secondary to mediastinal fibrosisMorgan L Brown
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 88:233-7. 2009..Our objectives were to assess the surgical strategies and outcomes of repair of pulmonary artery occlusion attributable to mediastinal fibrosis...
- The role of the three vessels and trachea view (3VT) in the diagnosis of congenital heart defectsF Vinals
Centro AGB Ultrasonografía, Ultrasound Department, Clínica Sanatorio Alemán, Concepcion, Chile
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 22:358-67. 2003....
- The current strategy of repair of tetralogy of Fallot in children and adultsGuo Wei He
TEDA International Cardiovascular Hospital, Nankai University, Tianjin, China
Cardiol Young 18:608-14. 2008....
- Reoperations and survival after primary repair of congenital heart defects in childrenJames L Monro
Department of Cardiac Surgery, The General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 126:511-20. 2003..The objective of this article is to evaluate the incidence of reoperation and the associated risk and survival after primary repair of congenital heart defects using cardiopulmonary bypass in children...
- Bovine valved xenograft in pulmonary position: medium-term follow-up with excellent hemodynamics and freedom from calcificationAntonio F Corno
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, Lausanne, Switzerland
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1382-8; discussion 1382-8. 2004..This study was designed to evaluate the outcome of Contegra xenograft valved conduit (Contegra, Medtronic Inc, Minneapolis, MN)...
- Midterm results of surgical treatment of systemic ventricular outflow obstruction in Fontan patientsTakeshi Hiramatsu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Heart Institute of Japan
Ann Thorac Surg 73:855-60; discussion 860-1. 2002..Because SVOO can progress after the Fontan procedure if there is morphologic obstruction, we have adopted a policy of relieving obstructions to systemic blood flow...
- Demonstration of coronary arteries and major cardiac vascular structures in congenital heart disease by cardiac multidetector computed tomography angiographyOmer Faruk Dogan
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hacettepe University Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey
Heart Surg Forum 10:E90-4. 2007..We sought to demonstrate the feasibility and usefulness of MDCT angiography for anatomical evaluation of coronary arteries in CHD patients with suspected coronary artery anomalies...
- Cri du chat syndrome and congenital heart disease: a review of previously reported cases and presentation of an additional 21 cases from the Pediatric Cardiac Care ConsortiumChristine Hills
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Pediatrics 117:e924-7. 2006....
- Endovascular stent implantation in the pulmonary arteries of infants and children without the use of a long vascular sheathRobert H Pass
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of New York New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, New York 10032, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 55:505-9. 2002..5) and median weight was 11.8 kg (range, 4.6-65). Patient diagnoses were tetralogy of Fallot (five), double outlet right ventricle (three), branch peripheral pulmonary artery stenosis (two), single ventricle s/p cavopulmonary shunt (..
- Repair of conotruncal abnormalities with the use of the valved conduit: improved early and midterm results with the cryopreserved homograftJ M Pearl
Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center 90024
J Am Coll Cardiol 20:191-6. 1992..1%) after a mean follow-up interval of 93 months, and 8 patients required reoperation for conduit obstruction. Among 102 homograft recipients there were two late deaths (1.9%).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- One-stage total repair of aortic arch anomaly using regional perfusionHong Gook Lim
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Sejong General Hospital, Sejong Heart Institute, Bucheon, Republic of Korea
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:242-8. 2007..Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest prolongs myocardial ischemia and might induce cerebral and myocardial dysfunction...
- [Follow-up of patients treated by conduits between the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery]S Chraibi
, , , Suisse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:527-32. 2000..of the pulmonary outflow tract (N = 22), tetralogy of Fallot (N = 16), truncus arteriosus (N = 9), double outlet right ventricle with pulmonary stenosis or atresia (N = 8) and agenesis of the pulmonary valve with pulmonary stenosis ..
- Determinants of right ventricular outflow tract conduit longevity: a multinational analysisMarieke B A Niemantsverdriet
Pediatric Cardiology, Center for Congenital Abnormalities of Heart, Amsterdam Leiden, The Netherlands
Congenit Heart Dis 3:176-84. 2008..We compared two diverse surgical centers with considerable practice variation in Europe and the United States to identify modifiable risk factors that can increase conduit longevity...
- The Contegra conduit in the right ventricular outflow tract induces supravalvular stenosisBart Meyns
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 128:834-40. 2004..We sought to evaluate the incidence and nature of pulmonary stenosis after implantation of the bovine jugular vein graft (Contegra; Medtronic, Inc, Minneapolis, Minn) in the right ventricular outflow tract...
- Primary repair for aortic arch obstruction associated with ventricular septal defectMartin Kostelka
Klinik fur Herzchirurgie, Universitat Leipzig, Herzzentrum, Leipzig, Germany
Ann Thorac Surg 78:1989-93; discussion 1993. 2004....
- Management and outcome of patients with abnormal ventriculo-arterial connections and mitral valve cleftAlain Fraisse
Service de Cardiologie Pediatrique, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Ann Thorac Surg 74:786-91. 2002..It may cause outflow obstruction, mitral regurgitation, and complicate biventricular repair...
- Coronary artery embryogenesis in cardiac defects induced by retinoic acid in miceAnna Ratajska
Department of Pathological Anatomy, Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:966-79. 2005..Although normal coronary artery embryogenesis is well described in the literature, little is known about the development of coronary vessels in abnormal hearts...
- [Results of surgical treatment of 1,387 infants under 6 months of age with congenital heart disease]Hui Li Zhang
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 47:250-4. 2009..To summarize and review the result of surgical repair of congenital heart disease in infants under 6 months of age...
- [Cumulative incidence and distribution of congenital heart diseases in newborns in Beirut and its southern suburb (1999-2002)]Ghassan Chehab
Départements de Pédiatrie, Université Libanaise, Faculté des Sciences médicales, Beyrouth, Liban
J Med Liban 52:121-5. 2004..To analyze the incidence and distribution of congenital heart diseases (CHD) in Beirut and its southern suburb...
- Liver and cardiac function in the long term after Fontan operationSonia Camposilvan
Department of Pediatric Hepatology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 86:177-82. 2008..Patients who underwent Fontan operation have some degree of liver disease. We aimed to assess the long-term liver and cardiac function after Fontan operation...
- The role of Pitx2 during cardiac development. Linking left-right signaling and congenital heart diseasesDiego Franco
Department of Experimental Biology, University of Jaen, Jaen, Spain
Trends Cardiovasc Med 13:157-63. 2003..Ectopic Pitx2c expression in the developing myocardium correlates with double outlet right ventricle (DORV) in laterality mutants...
- The complete three-vessel view in prenatal detection of congenital heart defectsTheera Tongsong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Prenat Diagn 30:23-9. 2010..To evaluate the effectiveness of the complete three-vessel view (c3VV) in assessment of fetuses with prenatally diagnosed congenital heart defects (CHD)...
- Preoperative identification of coronary arterial anatomy in complete transposition, and outcome after the arterial switch operationColin J McMahon
Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Division of Congenital Heart Surgery, LillieFrank Abercrombie Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cardiol Young 12:240-7. 2002..Perceived correlation between the coronary arterial anatomy in patients with complete transposition, and the outcome of the arterial switch procedure, has made preoperative identification of their patterns standard practice...
- Biventricular repair of conotruncal anomalies associated with aortic arch obstruction: 103 patientsF Lacour-Gayet
Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Department of Pr Cl Plancé, Marie Lannelongue Hospital, Paris Sud University, France
Circulation 96:II-328-34. 1997..Biventricular repair of conotruncal anomalies associated with aortic arch obstruction is a complex surgical procedure that combines a cardiac repair and a aortic arch reconstruction...
- Double-root translocation for double-outlet right ventricle with noncommitted ventricular septal defect or double-outlet right ventricle with subpulmonary ventricular septal defect associated with pulmonary stenosis: an optimized solutionShengshou Hu
Cardiovascular Surgery Department, Fuwai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Beijing, China
Ann Thorac Surg 89:1360-5. 2010..Here we present an early result of an alternative solution for these anomalies by double-root translocation technique...
- Cardiac malformations, adrenal agenesis, neural crest defects and exencephaly in mice lacking Cited2, a new Tfap2 co-activatorS D Bamforth
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Oxford, Wellcome Trust Center for Human Genetics, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford, OX3 7BN UK
Nat Genet 29:469-74. 2001..As certain Tfap2 isoforms are essential in neural crest, neural tube and cardiac development, we propose that abnormal embryogenesis in mice lacking Cited2 results, at least in part, from its role as a Tfap2 co-activator...
- Transthoracic three-dimensional echocardiography for the assessment of straddling tricuspid or mitral valvesM Vogel
GUCH Department, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK
Cardiol Young 10:603-9. 2000....
- Pediatric cardiac surgery without homologous blood transfusion, using a miniaturized bypass system in infants with lower body weightKagami Miyaji
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:284-9. 2007..The priming volume of our system is down to 140 mL for patients weighing less than 7 kg. We can prime the bypass circuits without blood products for patients weighing more than 4 kg...
- Four-dimensional sonography with B-flow imaging and spatiotemporal image correlation for visualization of the fetal heartToshiyuki Hata
Department of Perinatology and Gynecology, Kagawa University School of Medicine, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki, Kagawa 761 0793, Japan
J Clin Ultrasound 36:204-7. 2008..To use B-flow imaging with 4-dimensional (4D) sonography and spatiotemporal image correlation (STIC) in the evaluation of normal fetal heart and congenital heart disease during pregnancy...
- CATCH 22 syndrome: report of 7 infants with follow-up data and review of the recent advancements in the genetic knowledge of the locus 22q11C Sergi
Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg
Pathologica 91:166-72. 1999..22q11 showing overlapping clinical features of DGS and CTAFS with complex congenital heart defects (double outlet right ventricle, atresia or stenosis of the pulmonary valve, atrial and ventricular septal defects, patent ductus ..
- Surgical treatment of coarctation complex in neonates and infantsH Yamauchi
Department of Surgery II, Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Nippon Med Sch 67:455-8. 2000..The purpose of this paper is to review our experience with two-stage repair using subclavian flap aortoplasty and to seek an appropriate procedure...
- Neural Crest Modulates FGF Signaling in the PharynxMargaret Loewy Kirby; Fiscal Year: 2010..arterial pole and this results in conotruncal malalignment defects such as overriding aorta and double outlet right ventricle. Our preliminary results indicate that the failure of myocardial addition to the outflow tract and ..
- THE GENETIC ARCHITECTURE OF CONGENITAL HEART DISEASEPatrick Y Jay; Fiscal Year: 2013..normal hearts, simple atrial and ventricular septal defects (ASD, VSD), and complex malformations like double outlet right ventricle. To characterize the sources of phenotypic variability, we crossed inbred mouse strains to show how ..
- REGULATION OF CARDIAC MORPHOGENESISAnthony B Firulli; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim 2 will determine what motifs distinguish Handl and Hand2 function and how Handl and 2 functionally interact with Hey2. ..
- Hedgehog signaling during cardiovascular patterning in the mouseJOHN A KLINGENSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..tract development result in severe congenital heart defects such as persistent truncus arteriosus and double outlet right ventricle. Similarly, atrio-ventricular (A-V) cushions contribute to the formation of the mitral and tricuspid ..
- GENE THAT CONTROLS LATERALITY IN EARLY CARDIOGENESISFRANCIS MANASEK; Fiscal Year: 1990..frequency of cardiac malformations such as complete AV canal, transposition of the great arteries, and double outlet right ventricle. We will also utilize an experimental avian model...
- Novel regulator of Notch signaling in determination of left-right asymmetry durinYoichi Kato; Fiscal Year: 2010..present with complications of congenital heart disease including transposition of the great arteries, double outlet right ventricle, double inlet left ventricle, atrioventricular septal defects and total anomalous pulmonary venous ..
- Mutational Analysis of TGFbeta FunctionThomas Doetschman; Fiscal Year: 2005..beta 2 (TGFbeta2) knockout mice have congenital heart abnormalities that are commonly found in humans: double outlet right ventricle, double inlet left ventricle, ventral and atrial septal defects, and valve defects...
- HAND GENES IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This experience, and the information generated in this plan, will launch the applicant's career as an independent investigator. ..
- Bridge to neonatal Fontan repair of single ventricleMark Rodefeld; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 2005 NNFF Consortium for NF1, NF2 and SchwannomatosisJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- PAX3 REGULATION OF CARDIAC CONOTRUNCAL DEVELOPMENTJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2008..Aim 3 examines the role of neural crest during development of the conduction system, and specifically examines Pax3 regulation of DCT. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- LBX2 AND UROGENITAL DEVELOPMENTJonathan Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- The Genetic Etiology of Left-Sided Cardiac DefectsElizabeth Goldmuntz; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, these investigations will lead to future studies that assess the relationship of genotype to clinical outcome, and allow us to improve upon our clinical management accordingly. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Genetic Etiology of Conotruncal Cardiac DefectsElizabeth Goldmuntz; Fiscal Year: 2007..With this data, the impact of genotype on clinical outcome can be assessed and improved management strategies devised for the future. [unreadable] [unreadable]..