Summary: Any type of abortion, induced or spontaneous, that is associated with infection of the UTERUS and its appendages. It is characterized by FEVER, uterine tenderness, and foul discharge.
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Septic abortionP G Stubblefield
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maine Medical Center, Portland 04102
N Engl J Med 331:310-4. 1994..b>Septic abortion offers opportunities for prevention on the primary, secondary, and tertiary level of medial care...
- The clinical course of patients with septic abortion admitted to an intensive care unitJavier Daniel Finkielman
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Intensive Care Med 30:1097-102. 2004..The purpose of this study was to describe the clinical course, complications, and outcome of patients with septic abortion admitted to the intensive care unit (ICU)...
- Septic abortions: a descriptive study in a teaching hospital at North Bengal, DarjeelingChitra Chatterjee
Medical College, Darjeeling
Indian J Public Health 51:193-4. 2007A hospital based cross sectional study for one year done among 57 diagnosed and admitted septic abortion cases, revealed that 71.9% septic abortions were performed by untrained persons, 63.2% mothers were illiterate, 22...
- Induced septic abortion: a major factor in maternal mortality and morbidityAshma Rana
Department of Gynecology and Obsterics, TU Teaching Hospital, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 30:3-8. 2004b>Septic abortion is an infection of the uterus and its appendages following any abortion especially, illegally performed induced abortions. It is characterized by a rise of temperature to at least 100...
- Septic abortion at University College Hospital, Ibadan, NigeriaJ C Konje
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 36:121-5. 1991One hundred forty-three cases of septic abortion managed over 5 years are reviewed. Sepsis was more common after induced abortion often performed by non-gynecologists...
- Leptotrichia amnionii found in septic abortion in DenmarkMarie Boennelycke
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Herlev University Hospital, Denmark
Scand J Infect Dis 39:382-3. 2007..Only few cases have been reported to date, 3 in pregnant women and 2 in non-pregnant women. We present the first case of L. amnionii in Scandinavia, found in a woman with spontaneous second trimester septic abortion.
- Women with septic abortion: who, how and why? A prospective study from tertiary care hospital in IndiaK Guleria
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, India
Indian J Public Health 50:95-6. 2006A prospective descriptive interview based hospital study was carried on 47 women admitted with septic abortion to evaluate their psychosocial, demographic and clinical profile These women were predominantly parous (75%), hindus (60%), ..
- A life-threatening sexually transmitted Haemophilus influenzae in septic abortion: a case reportO Pinhas Hamiel
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 165:66. 1991..A case of a life-threatening Haemophilus influenzae bacteremia associated with a septic abortion is presented...
- Septic abortion caused by Salmonella enteritidisK Dalaker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, , Norway
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 67:185-6. 1988b>Septic abortion caused by salmonella infection is rare. Here we report a case of septic abortion due to Salmonella enteritidis. The route of infection was probably transplacental.
- Pathophysiology of mifepristone-induced septic shock due to Clostridium sordelliiRalph P Miech
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Physiology, and Biotechnology, Brown Medical School, Brown University, 174 Meeting St, Providence, RI 02912 9107, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:1483-8. 2005..To explain the role of mifepristone in medical abortions that results in fulminant and lethal septic shock due to Clostridium sordellii...
- Lymphangioma of the fallopian tube--a case reportSonu Nigam
Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 47:225-6. 2004..Clinical diagnosis was septic abortion with adhesions. Left-sided partial tubectomy was performed...
- Evaluation levels of cytokines in amniotic fluid of women with intrauterine infection in the early second trimesterYoshikatsu Suzuki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:45-50. 2006..The results suggest that IL-6, IL-8, LE, and glucose in amniotic fluid at early second trimester can be used as markers of severe infection in the uterus, and with the first two being particularly sensitive...
- Maternal mortality at B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal: review of 6 yearsMona Sharma
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Trop Doct 35:25-6. 2005..The most common cause of death was septic-induced abortion and its complications, followed by eclampsia and puerperal sepsis...
- Factors influencing post abortion outcomes among high-risk patients in ZimbabweC Mudokwenuy-Rawdon
Department of Health Studies, UNISA
Curationis 28:74-85. 2005....
- A review of septic induced abortion cases in one year at Khyber Teaching Hospital, PeshawarJamila M Naib
Department of Gynae Obst, Khyber Teaching Hospital, Peshawar
J Ayub Med Coll Abbottabad 16:59-62. 2004..However, it is preventable, and we suggest commitment to health education, family planning promotion and bringing down the rates of unsafe abortions as solutions to the problems...
- Complete transection of the sigmoid colon following induced septic abortion: an unreported eventSavita Rani Singhal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, PGIMS, Rohtak, Haryana, India
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 84:94-5. 2005
- Clostridium welchii infection following amniocentesis: a case report and review of the literatureH Hamoda
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Prenat Diagn 22:783-5. 2002..Conservative management with conservation of the uterus and ovaries may be a safe and effective option in the management of severe Clostridium infections, using antibiotics, endometrial curettage and multidisciplinary team input...
- Viable intrauterine pregnancy with acute salpingitis progressing to septic abortion. A case reportEduardo Lara-Torre
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Reprod Med 47:959-61. 2002..A viable intrauterine pregnancy with salpingitis has been reported rarely...
- Effects of Gram-positive bacterial pathogens in ewes: peptidoglycan as a potential mediator of interruption of early pregnancyA B Stewart
Division of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, West Virginia University, PO Box 6108, Morgantown, WV 26506 6108, USA
Reproduction 125:295-9. 2003..01). Pregnancy status was not related to plasma concentrations or patterns of LH, oestradiol, progesterone or cortisol. Inflammatory mediators, such as PGF(2alpha), may act directly on the embryo or uterus in ewes treated with PTG...
- Prostacyclin and hormone levels in patients with symptoms of miscarriage and infectionAnita Mitreski
Klinika za ginekologiju i akuserstvo Klinickog centra u Novom Sadu
Med Pregl 55:371-9. 2002....
- Intrauterine adhesions in an African populationB Ozumba
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital PMB 01129, Enugu, Nigeria
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 77:37-8. 2002
- Nucleotide sequence and construction of an infectious cDNA clone of an EMCV strain isolated from aborted swine fetusLabib Bakkali Kassimi
Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, AFSSA Alfort, 22 rue Pierre Curie BP 67, 94703 Maisons Alfort Cedex, France
Virus Res 83:71-87. 2002..The availability of the infectious cDNA clone of the reproductive failure strain of EMCV should prove to be useful for studying the molecular basis of the pathogenicity of EMCV in pig...
- Haemophilus influenzae septic abortionThomas L Cherpes
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 10:161-4. 2002Haemophilus influenzae septic abortion is typically caused by nontypeable strains of the organism...
- The ugly face of septic abortionSmiti Nanda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 11 8 FM, Medical Enclave, Pt B D Sharma, PGIMS, 124001, Haryana, Rohtak, India
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 105:71-2. 2002
- Severe reversible myocardial depression in septic abortionAlexander Lowenthal
Medical Intensive Care Unit, Faculty of Health Sciences, Soroka University Medical Center, Ben Gurion University of the Negev Beer Sheva, Israel
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 85:502-3. 2006
- Maternal morbidity following routine second trimester genetic amniocentesisY Erez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Medical Center, Ein Kerem, Jerusalem
Fetal Diagn Ther 22:226-8. 2007..Twenty-eight hours later the patient had a septic abortion and sepsis...
- [Spontaneus abortion caused by Listeria monocytogenes--report of three cases]M Jezova
Ustav patologie, Lékarská fakulta Masarykovy Univerzity a Fakultní nemocnice, Brno
Cesk Patol 44:71-4. 2008..The diagnosis in all reported cases was not established until fetal autopsy. The final diagnosis was confirmed by microbiological examination using samples submitted during the autopsy examination...
- Images in emergency medicine. Intrauterine twin gestation with single live intrauterine pregnancy, single septic abortion, and an IUDChristopher Fee
Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 50:e1-2. 2007
- [Maternal deaths audit in four Benin referral hospitals: quality of emergency care causes and contributing factors]Saizonou Jacques
Centre de recherche en reproduction humaine et en démographie, B P 05 709, Cotonou, Benin
Afr J Reprod Health 10:28-40. 2006..Maternal deaths continue to happen unacceptably in Benin. The drastic solutions have to be taken at all levels to improve maternal health...
- Legalized pregnancy termination and septic abortion mortality in South AfricaEckhart Buchmann
National Committee on Confidential Enquiries into Maternal Deaths in South Africa, South Africa
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 101:191-2. 2008
- Clinical characteristics and outcomes of obstetric patients requiring ICU admissionDaniela N Vasquez
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Interzonal General de Agudos Gral, San Martin, 1 y 70, 1900 La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Chest 131:718-24. 2007..To review a series of critically ill obstetric patients admitted to our ICU to assess the spectrum of disease, required interventions, and fetal/maternal mortality, and to identify conditions associated with maternal death...
- Gynaecologic mortality in Enugu, NigeriaS E Anya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria
Trop Doct 36:235-6. 2006..at a referral centre showed that the leading causes of mortality were cervical cancer, choriocarcinoma, septic abortion and ovarian cancer, in that order...
- Acute renal failure in pregnancy in a developing country: twenty years of experienceJai Prakash
Department of Nephrology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221 005, India
Ren Fail 28:309-13. 2006..The incidence of cortical necrosis decreased significantly (p < 0.001) from 17% in 1982-1991 to 2.4% in the 2000s. The maternal mortality reduced to 6.4% in 1992-2002 from initial high mortality of 20% in the period of 1982-1991...
- Prevalence of induced abortion and associated complications in women attending hospitals in IsfahanF Majlessi
Department of Public Health Sciences, School of Public Health Medical Sciences and Institute of Public Health Research, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
East Mediterr Health J 14:103-9. 2008..These abortions had a significant correlation with fever, septic shock and septic abortion. Of all pregnancies, 35.0% were unwanted, and 27.1% of these were illegally-terminated by induced abortions...
- Septic shock in pregnancyW C Mabie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tennessee Memphis, Memphis, USA
Obstet Gynecol 90:553-61. 1997..To evaluate the etiology, management, and maternal and perinatal outcome in patients with septic shock during pregnancy...
- An evaluation of the shock index in predicting ruptured ectopic pregnancyH E Onah
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu, Nigeria
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:445-7. 2006..022) and inevitable abortion (p < 0.001) but not from that for unruptured ectopic pregnancy and septic abortion (p > 0.05 for both categories)...
- Management of spontaneous abortionCraig P Griebel
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, 61602, USA
Am Fam Physician 72:1243-50. 2005..can be subdivided into threatened abortion, inevitable abortion, incomplete abortion, missed abortion, septic abortion, complete abortion, and recurrent spontaneous abortion...
- Quinacrine sterilization: a retrospectiveJ Zipper
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sotero del Rio Hospital, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 83:S7-11. 2003..To trace development of quinacrine sterilization (QS)...
- Acute peritoneal dialysis in eastern NepalSanjib K Sharma
Dialysis Division, Department of Medicine, BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Perit Dial Int 23:S196-9. 2003..In the present study, carried out from January 2000 to June 2002, we looked into the prospect of introducing peritoneal dialysis (PD) to the district hospitals for treatment of ARF and acute dialysis in CRF...
- Pathogenicity of an emergent, ovine abortifacient Campylobacter jejuni clone orally inoculated into pregnant guinea pigsEric R Burrough
Department of Veterinary Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Am J Vet Res 70:1269-76. 2009..To compare pathogenicity of an emergent abortifacient Campylobacter jejuni (IA 3902) with that of reference strains after oral inoculation in pregnant guinea pigs...
- Maternal morbidity and mortality in peri-urban Kenya--assessing progress in improving maternal healthcareV E Ukachukwu
Department of Paediatrics, National Hospital for Women and Children, Abuja, Nigeria
East Afr J Public Health 6:112-8. 2009..Periodic facility-based reviews of maternal morbidity and mortality are crucial to improving quality of care delivered...
- Use of a temporary vena cava filter in a woman with septic abortion and inferior vena cava thrombosis. A case reportBurton Rochelson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Reprod Med 48:557-9. 2003..More recently, retrievable IVC filters have been used in patients in whom the risk is transient...
- Infection risk and intrauterine devicesFrancisca Martinez
Servicio de Medicina de la Reproduccion, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institut Universitari Dexeus, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 88:246-50. 2009..For continuation as well as initiation, WHO MEC categories 3-4 are allotted to women with known pelvic tuberculosis, puerperal sepsis and septic abortion.
- Nitric oxide mediates prostaglandins' deleterious effect on lipopolysaccharide-triggered murine fetal resorptionJ Aisemberg
Laboratories of Physiopathology of Pregnancy and Labor, Center for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies, National Research Council, University of Buenos Aires CEFyBO, CONICET UBA, Buenos Aires C1121ABG, Argentina
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:7534-9. 2007..Quercetin, a peroxynitrite scavenger, did not reverse LPS-induced ER. Our results suggest that in a model of septic abortion characterized by increased PG levels, NO might nitrate and thus inhibit COX catalytic activity...
- Maternal mortality over the last decade: a changing pattern of death due to alarming rise in hepatitis in the latter five-year periodAshma Rana
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital, Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 35:243-51. 2009..To study the causes of maternal mortality in two consecutive five year periods over a decade (1997-2001/2002-2006) in a university hospital...
- Inflammatory agents involved in septic miscarriageJulieta Aisemberg
Laboratory of Physiopathology of Pregnancy and Labor Center for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies CEFYBO, CONICET, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neuroimmunomodulation 17:150-2. 2010..in humans, but the mechanisms are not clear, so we have developed a murine model to study the mechanism of septic abortion by inducing embryonic resorption (ER) with lipopolysaccharide (LPS)...
- The contrasting characteristics of acute kidney injury in developed and developing countriesJorge Cerda
Division of Nephrology, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12209, USA
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 4:138-53. 2008..Many causes of AKI in rural settings, such as diarrhea, poisoning, malaria, or septic abortion, can be prevented by interventions at the individual, community, and regional levels...
- Anandamide regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide synthesis and tissue damage in the murine uterusC A Vercelli
Laboratory of Physiopathology of Pregnancy and Labour, Centre for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies, Paraguay 2155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reprod Biomed Online 18:824-31. 2009..This proinflammatory effect of anandamide may be implicated in pathological reproductive events such as septic abortion.
- The back alley revisited: sepsis after attempted self-induced abortionTeresa A Saultes
Madigan Army Medical Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, Tacoma, WA
West J Emerg Med 10:278-80. 2009..We discuss unsafe abortions, risk factors, and the management of septic abortion. Prompt recognition by the emergency physician and aggressive management of septic abortion is critical to ..
- [Ovarian vein thrombosis. Risk factors, diagnosis and treatment]Eduardo Gonzalez-Bosquet
Departamento de Obstetricia y Ginecologia, Hospital Sant Joan de Deu, Barcelona, Espana
Medicina (B Aires) 69:347-9. 2009..We present a case of a 31 year old pregnant woman at 16th week of gestation who had spontaneuos septic abortion complicated with an ovarian vein thrombosis...
- Ertapenem. A review of its microbiologic, pharmacokinetic and clinical aspectsBurke A Cunha
Infectious Disease Division, Winthrop University Hospital, Mineola, New York 11501, USA
Drugs Today (Barc) 38:195-213. 2002..tract infections including pyelonephritis and acute pelvic infections including postpartum endomyometritis, septic abortion and post surgical gynecologic infections. Invanz has also been approved in Mexico, Brazil and New Zealand.
- Staphylococcus aureus infective endocarditis and septic pulmonary embolism after septic abortionAhmed F Aslam
Int J Cardiol 105:233-5. 2005We report a case of a 26-year-old female who after septic abortion developed tricuspid valve endocarditis with large vegetations, which subsequently resulted in embolism to right main pulmonary artery...
- Acute kidney injury in the pregnant patientRosemary Nwoko
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN USA
Clin Nephrol 78:478-86. 2012..Intrinsic etiologies include infections from acute pyelonephritis and septic abortion, bilateral cortical necrosis, and acute tubular necrosis...
- Comparison of condition specific indicators among illegal induced abortion: septic and non-septic abortion in Songkla Center HospitalTatpong Phaumvichit
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Songkla Center Hospital, Songkhla, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 95:625-9. 2012Determine the clinical indications of illegal induced abortion, comparison between septic and non-septic abortion.
- Factors influencing hemodialysis and outcome in severe acute renal failure from Ilorin, NigeriaA Chijioke
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, Nigeria
Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 23:391-6. 2012..4 ± 11.9 years. Major etiologies of ARF included septicemia, acute glomerulonephritis, septic abortion, herbal remedies, post-partum bleeding, and gastroenteritis...
- Hematogenous placental infection in acute respiratory infectionsClaudia Sandu
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Victor Babes University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 54:157-61. 2013..The viral, bacterial or mycotic disorders were considered responsible for triggering septic abortion, premature or full-term deliveries, followed by septic complications of the child/fetus or of the mother...
- Acute renal failure in pregnancy: one year observational study at Liaquat University Hospital, HyderabadMuhammad Rafique Ansari
Department of Nephro urology, Liaquat University of Medical and Health Sciences Jamshoro Hyderabad
J Pak Med Assoc 58:61-4. 2008..To determine the incidence of pregnancy related acute renal failure (ARF), clinical spectrum, morbidity and mortality of this preventable complication of pregnancy...
- Uterocutaneous fistula after surgical treatment of an incomplete abortion: methylene blue test to verify the diagnosisMurat Sonmezer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Cebeci, Ankara, Turkey
Arch Gynecol Obstet 279:225-7. 2009..Uterocutaneous fistula is an extremely rare clinical condition that can be seen after pelvic or uterine surgery. It can also complicate some obstetric procedures...
- Seroepizootology of Q fever in Bulgaria during the last five yearsS P Martinov
Central Research Veterinary Medical Institute, National Reference Laboratory of Chlamydial and Rickettsial Infections, Sofia, Bulgaria
Eur J Epidemiol 5:425-7. 1989..The infected dogs represent a special interest. The control measures are based on the wide use of tetracyclines. The presented data testify to the continuing importance of the problem of Q fever in Bulgaria...
- Intraamniotic infection in the very early phase of the second trimesterI Goldstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 163:1261-3. 1990..Only one pregnancy with positive amniotic fluid culture resulted in a septic abortion. Therefore we can suggest that intraamniotic infection can exist early in pregnancy, even with intact ..
- Preventing and managing complications of induced abortion in Third World countriesO A Ladipo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine, Faculty of Clinical Sciences and Dentistry, University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria
Suppl Int J Gynecol Obstet 3:21-8. 1989....
- Clinical aspects and prevention of Q fever in animalsI D Aitken
Moredun Research Institute, Edinburgh
Eur J Epidemiol 5:420-4. 1989..Discrimination between antibodies resulting from natural infection and those induced by vaccination is possible using ELISAs with specificity for individual immunoglobulin isotypes...
- Combined intrauterine and extrauterine pregnancy in a consistent twin producerA A van Geldermalsen
District Hospital, Kalabo, Zambia
Trop Geogr Med 41:167-8. 1989..The history of persistent twin deliveries assisted in establishing the correct diagnosis when the patient presented with signs of a septic incomplete abortion...
- Escheriosome-mediated delivery of recombinant ribosomal L7/L12 protein confers protection against murine brucellosisA I Mallick
Interdisciplinary Biotechnology Unit, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh 202002, India
Vaccine 25:7873-84. 2007..Altogether the present study is a clear indicative of the possible use of escheriosome-based delivery of rL7/L12 protein to induce protective immune responses against experimental murine brucellosis...
- Serratia marcescens infection associated with early abortion in cows and buffaloesA M Das
Department of Bacteriology, Bombay Veterinary College, Parel, India
Epidemiol Infect 101:143-9. 1988Serratia marcescens was isolated in pure culture from cases of septic abortion in 4 cows on one farm and 10 buffaloes on two other farms...
- Hysterectomy for septic abortion--is bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy necessary?E T de Jonge
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Pretoria
S Afr Med J 74:291-2. 1988Ovarian conservation at the time of hysterectomy for complicated septic abortion is important in this young population group...
- Listeriosis and recurrent abortion in a renal transplant recipientJ P Dick
Royal Cornwall Hospital Treliske, Truro
J Infect 16:273-7. 1988..A second child was successfully delivered by Caesarean section at 39 weeks' gestation...
- Ticarcillin/clavulanate for the treatment of female genital tract infections. Efficacy, safety and comparative microbiologyJ A McGregor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado, Health Science Center, Denver 80262
J Reprod Med 35:333-8. 1990..The primary adverse reaction was diarrhea, in 10 patients. Among the 129 aerobes isolated, 18 (14%) were beta-lactamase positive, as were 32% (20/63) of the anaerobes...
- Heat shock cognate protein 70 contributes to Brucella invasion into trophoblast giant cells that cause infectious abortionKenta Watanabe
Department of Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Agriculture, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi, Japan
BMC Microbiol 8:212. 2008..In the present study, we investigated mechanism of B. abortus invasion into TG cells...
- Anuric acute renal failure after elective abortionLee Moay Lim
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Taiwan
Intern Med 50:1715-8. 2011..The patient was treated as septic abortion and reached partial renal recovery after antibiotic treatment and short-term hemodialysis...
- Immunological paradigms and the pathogenesis of ovine chlamydial abortionGary Entrican
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Am J Reprod Immunol 64:287-94. 2010..We discuss the relevance and validity of these paradigms for chlamydial abortion and reproductive immunology in sheep...
- Hysterosalpingographic findings in patients with infertility in South eastern NigeriaP C Ibekwe
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Southeastern Nigeria
Niger J Med 19:165-7. 2010..The study aims to evaluate the findings at HSG in patients presenting with infertility at the Ebonyi State University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, Southeastern Nigeria...
- [Bacteriologic findings before and in transcervical chorionic villi biopsy and their clinical relevance]R Becker
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 51:704-9. 1991..Therefore, a bacteriological examination of cervical flora should be performed before as well as during TC-CVS, and antibiotic therapy should be initiated in case of positive results...
- Hysterectomies in Nigerians: histopathological analysis of cases seen in Ile-IfeK A Adelusola
Department of Morbid Anatomy and Forensic Medicine, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria
Niger Postgrad Med J 8:37-40. 2001..for a high percentage of hysterectomy (11%) Most were ante-partum and post partum haemorrhages as well as septic abortion in young women Ten of the specimens were normal both grossly and microscopically...
- Clindamycin in the treatment of obstetric and gynecologic infections: a reviewD Zambrano
Upjohn Company, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Clin Ther 13:58-80. 1991..Clindamycin has been well tolerated in studies of animals and human subjects; its most significant side effects develop in the gastrointestinal system...
- Postabortal pelvic sepsis in association with Chlamydia trachomatisP Wein
Royal Women s Hospital, Melbourne
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 30:347-50. 1990..trachomatis prior to the operative procedure...
- [A case of septic ovarian vein thrombosis]B Ruhmland
Zentralbl Gynakol 112:383-6. 1990..The leading symptoms are lower abdominal pain, fever and leucocytosis. Discrepancy between the given clinical picture and the insignificant findings on gynaecologic examinations is common...
- Disseminated cryptococcosis in an HIV-negative pregnancy: a case of cryptococcal septic abortion complicating an immunocompetent pregnancySravani V Mudumbi
Universidad Iberoamericana, Ave Francia 128, Gazcue Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Int J Infect Dis 14:e351-3. 2010..Experience from this case suggests that cryptococcal infection should be considered in the differential diagnosis of pregnant women presenting with vague systemic symptoms such as fever, abdominal pain, and generalized lymphadenopathy...
- Maternal mortality following diagnostic 2nd-trimester amniocentesisUriel Elchalal
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Eim Kerem, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Fetal Diagn Ther 19:195-8. 2004..Despite evacuation of the uterus within <10 h from the diagnosis of septic abortion and transfer to the intensive care units to treat multiorgan failure, these patients died...
- Immune responses and protection against experimental challenge after vaccination of bison with Brucella abortus strain RB51 or RB51 overexpressing superoxide dismutase and glycosyltransferase genesS C Olsen
National Animal Disease Center, USDA, ARS, Ames, IA 50010, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 16:535-40. 2009..Our data also suggest that the RB51 vaccine is a currently available management tool that could be utilized to help reduce brucellosis in free-ranging bison...
- [Pharmacokinetic and clinical studies on ceftriaxone in the field of obstetrics and gynecology]I Obata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Jikei University School of Medicine
Jpn J Antibiot 40:1259-74. 1987..3. Bacteriological effects of CTRX were very good, and 90% of the organisms isolated before treatment were eradicated. 4. Laboratory testing revealed an occurrence of mild eosinophilia in 1 case...
- Prevention of premature birth by screening and treatment for common genital tract infections: results of a prospective controlled evaluationJ A McGregor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 173:157-67. 1995..Women at risk for preterm birth or preterm premature rupture of membranes because of bacterial vaginosis or common genital tract infections should be screened, treated, reevaluated for cure, and re-treated if necessary...
- Decreasing incidence of renal cortical necrosis in patients with acute renal failure in developing countries: a single-centre experience of 22 years from Eastern IndiaJai Prakash
Department of Nephrology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, 221005, India
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:1213-7. 2007..However, RCN incidence is higher in developing countries ranging from 6-7% of all cases of acute renal failure. The present study describes changing trends in the clinical spectrum of RCN in patients with ARF in Eastern India...
- Intravesical stone formation on intrauterine contraceptive deviceAbdurrahman Ozgur
Department of Urology, Marmara University School of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 36:345-8. 2004..and effective method for contraception, they also have some type of complications and uterine perforation, septic abortion, pelvic abscess are the serious complications of these devices...
- [Clostridium perfringens septicemia associated with foodborne toxic infection and abortion]P Lantelme
, , Lyon
Ann Fr Anesth Reanim 14:359-61. 1995..The outcome was favourable after an adapted antibiomicrobial therapy. This case illustrates the potential severity of Clostridium perfringens foodborne toxi-infection which can lead to abortion and septicaemia with massive haemolysis...
- Complications of induced abortions and their preventions in GhanaA T Lassey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
East Afr Med J 72:774-7. 1995..Effective and widespread contraceptive use and continuing education of doctors remain pivotal if the incidence of abortions and their complications are to be reduced...
- Chlamydiae in porcine abortionR Thoma
Vet Pathol 34:467-9. 1997..Porcine abortigenic strains identified in this study differed immunologically from intestinal strains (known to be mainly C. trachomatis) but shared similarities with abortigenic chlamydiae of ruminants...
- A 'minimum dose' of lipopolysaccharide required for implantation failure: assessment of its effect on the maternal reproductive organs and interleukin-1alpha expression in the mouseKaushik Deb
Molecular Biology and Reproductive Immunology Laboratory, School of Studies in Biochemistry, Jiwaji University, Gwalior 474 011, India
Reproduction 128:87-97. 2004....
- The production of EAE-free lambs from infected dams using multiple ovulation and embryo transferA F Williams
Welsh Institute of Rural Studies, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, Llanbadarn, UK
Vet J 155:79-84. 1998..Embryos collected from infected animals do not appear to transmit the chlamydia causing enzootic abortion...
- Neosporosis and bovine abortion in ScotlandD Buxton
Moredun Research Institute, Edinburgh
Vet Rec 141:649-51. 1997..9 per cent of aborted fetuses had antibody to the parasite shows that vertical transmission from dam to fetus is relatively common and may be an important cause of fetal loss in cattle in Scotland...
- The tissue factor pathway in disseminated intravascular coagulationB Østerud
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tromsø, Tromsø, Norway
Semin Thromb Hemost 27:605-17. 2001..events underlying emerging acute DIC states under pathophysiological conditions such as abruptio placentae, septic abortion, amniotic fluid embolization, and pregnancy toxemia...
- Second-trimester pregnancy loss at an urban hospitalDebra S Heller
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 11:117-22. 2003....
- Serological diagnosis of neosporosis in a herd of dairy cattle in southern BrazilR Locatelli Dittrich
, , Curitiba, Brazil
J Parasitol 87:1493-4. 2001..0016). The attributable fraction for this association indicated that approximately 76% of the risk for a cow having a history of abortion was attributable to seroconversion to N. caninum...
- A study of the pathogenesis of equid herpesvirus-1 (EHV-1) abortion by DNA in-situ hybridizationK C Smith
Animal Health Trust, Free University Berlin, Lanwades Park, Newmarket Suffolk, Kentford, CB8 7UU, UK
J Comp Pathol 125:304-10. 2001....
- Immune regulation during pregnancy and host-pathogen interactions in infectious abortionG Entrican
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Edinburgh, EH26 0PZ, UK
J Comp Pathol 126:79-94. 2002..Infectious abortion is discussed in the context of the modulation of host immune responses during pregnancy, taking into account the different placental structures present in human beings, rodents and ruminants...
- Fatal clostridial sepsis after spontaneous abortionJohn P Barrett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Women and Infants Hospital of Rhode Island, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Obstet Gynecol 99:899-901. 2002..Hemolysis, anuria, coagulopathy, and characteristic sonographic findings should heighten suspicion of this potentially fatal infection...
- Reduction in maternal mortality due to sepsisS Chhabra
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram 442 102, Wardha Maharashtra, India
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:140-2. 2005..However the percentage contribution of septic abortion has remained the same...
- [Septic abortion in Campylobacter jejuni infection]R Abderhalden
Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd 55:599-601. 1995..Case report of a 24 year old woman II G/I P with enterocolitis and septicaemia caused by Campylobacter jejuni (C.) in the following time abortion at 16 weeks of gestation. Diagnostics, therapy, review of literature...
- A six month prospective study on different aspects of abortionT Madebo
Sidamo Regional Hospital, Yirgalem, Ethiopia
Ethiop Med J 31:165-72. 1993..3 days for illegally induced and 2.1 days for spontaneous abortions. The incidence of septic abortion was found to be statistically significantly higher in induced than in spontaneous abortion (p < 0...
- Acute renal failure in pregnancy in South AfricaI G Randeree
Department of Medicine, University of Natal, Durban, Republic of South Africa
Ren Fail 17:147-53. 1995..6% (1978) to 16% (1992: p = 0.03). Preeclampsia-eclampsia (PE:E) replaced septic abortion as the principal cause of ARF-P...
- Maternal mortality and morbidity associated with clandestine abortionsM Sood
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Smt Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, New Delhi
J Indian Med Assoc 93:77-9. 1995..34%), and had a parity of less than 2 (56.6%). The leading reason for abortion was unwanted pregnancy among septic abortion cases (81%) and contraceptive failure among MTP cases (98.3%)...
- CELL SURFACE PROTEINS IN CAMPYLOBACTER FETUS VIRULENCEMartin Blaser; Fiscal Year: 1999..It has been reported to cause meningitis, septic abortion, peritonitis, abscesses, bacteremia, endocarditis, and septic thrombophlebitis in humans...