Summary: A pleuropneumonia of cattle and goats caused by species of MYCOPLASMA.
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Confirmation of the presence of Mycoplasma bovis in Hungarian cattle with pneumonia resembling pleuropneumoniaJ B Bashiruddin
Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale dell'Abruzzo e del Molise G Caporale, Teramo, Italy
Vet Rec 148:743-6. 2001..PCR tests for the detection of the M mycoides cluster and specifically for MmmSC were also negative. However, PCR and bacteriological culture detected cases of M bovis and the pneumonias may therefore be attributed to this mycoplasma...
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) caused by vaccine strain T1/44 of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCRosa Stella Mbulu
Central Veterinary Laboratory, Windhoek, Namibia
Vet Microbiol 98:229-34. 2004..These results clearly show that inoculation of T1/44 vaccine via the endobronchial route can lead to CBPP...
- A metabolic enzyme as a primary virulence factor of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colonyPaola Pilo
Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Langgass strasse 122, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 187:6824-31. 2005..mycoides subsp. mycoides SC in the presence of physiological amounts of glycerol, H2O2 is released inside the cells prior to cell death. This process can be inhibited with monospecific anti-GlpO antibodies...
- Gamma interferon-producing CD4 T-cells correlate with resistance to Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides S.C. infection in cattleL Dedieu
CIRAD, Animal Health Programme, TA30 G, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 107:217-33. 2005..The results led to the identification of immune parameters, which correlate with protection against CBPP and to a relevant strategy for the development of improved vaccines against this disease...
- The genome sequence of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC type strain PG1T, the causative agent of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP)Joakim Westberg
Department of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Genome Res 14:221-7. 2004....
- Specific real-time PCR assays for the detection and quantification of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC and Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniaeSophie Lorenzon
CIRAD INRA Bios, UMR15 control of exotic and emerging animal diseases, TA A 15 G Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cell Probes 22:324-8. 2008..These new real-time PCR assays will be invaluable for application in various fields such as direct detection in diagnostic laboratories...
- Assessment of in vitro interferon-gamma responses from peripheral blood mononuclear cells of cattle infected with Mycoplasma mycoides ssp. mycoides small colony typeJoerg Jores
International Livestock Research Institute, Old Naivasha Road, P O Box 30709, 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 124:192-7. 2008..Additionally, we applied immunocytochemistry on affected lung tissue and detected no build up of T-lymphocytes (CD4 T-cells, CD8 T-cells) but a high presence of myeloid cells...
- Development of real-time diagnostic assays specific for Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides Small ColonyTimothy S Gorton
Center of Excellence for Vaccine Research, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269 3089, USA
Vet Microbiol 111:51-8. 2005..M. mycoides SC was successfully detected in bronchoalveolar lavage samples obtained from experimentally infected cattle. These TaqMan-based real-time PCR assays will allow for the rapid and specific detection of M. mycoides SC...
- Analysis of cellular responses to Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colony biotype associated with control of contagious bovine pleuropneumoniaPhilippe Totte
CIRAD, UPR Contrôle des maladies, F 34398 Montpellier, France
Vet Res 39:8. 2008..The information provided in this study will facilitate the search for MmmSC antigens that have potential for the development of subunit vaccines against CBPP...
- Characterisation of the lymph node immune response following Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. Mycoides SC infection in cattleLaurence Dedieu
CIRAD, Animal Health Programme, TA30 G, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Vet Res 37:579-91. 2006..Induction and expansion of this subset of MmmSC-specific CD4 memory T-cells might be a major goal to develop efficient long term protective vaccines against CBPP...
- Serodiagnosis and monitoring of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) with an indirect ELISA based on the specific lipoprotein LppQ of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCUrs Bruderer
Bommeli Diagnostics, Stationsstr 12, CH Liebefeld, Bern, Switzerland
Vet Microbiol 84:195-205. 2002..The study revealed that the ELISA was both specific and sensitive for CBPP positive bovine sera and was shown also to be robust to harsh climatic conditions...
- An estimation of the economic impact of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia in AfricaN E Tambi
African Union Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources, Nairobi, Kenya
Rev Sci Tech 25:999-1011. 2006..An investment of 14.7 million euros to control CBPP would prevent a loss of 30 million euros. The financial return on investment in CBPP control is positive, with benefit-cost ratios that range from 1.61 (Ghana) to 2.56 (Kenya)...
- Unmarked insertional mutagenesis in the bovine pathogen Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC: characterization of a lppQ mutantCarole Janis
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, UMR 1090, 71 avenue Edouard Bourlaux, Villenave D Ornon, France
Microbiology 154:2427-36. 2008..This approach opens the way to study virulence factors and pathogen-host interactions of M. mycoides subsp. mycoides SC and to develop new, genetically defined vaccine strains...
- Molecular mechanisms of pathogenicity of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCPaola Pilo
Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Langgass strasse 122, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
Vet J 174:513-21. 2007....
- Genomic and antigenic differences between the European and African/Australian clusters of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCE M Vilei
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Microbiology 146:477-86. 2000..mycoides subsp. mycoides SC which is still endemic on the African continent...
- Domain analysis of lipoprotein LppQ in Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCLaetitia Bonvin-Klotz
Division of Veterinary Anatomy, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Bern, Postfach, 3001, Bern, Switzerland
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 93:175-83. 2008..integral membrane domains of LppQ. Thus, our findings support the suggestion that the accessible N-terminal domain of LppQ is surface exposed and such surface localization may be implicated in the pathogenesis of CBPP...
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia: a rationale for the development of a mucosal sub-unit vaccineLaurence Dedieu-Engelmann
CIRAD, Département BIOS, UPR15, TA A15 G, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 31:227-38. 2008..Based on these findings, this review presents a scientific strategy to design multi-component sub-unit vaccines for mucosal delivery as the most promising approach for efficient long-term protective vaccines to prevent CBPP...
- The eradication of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia from south western Africa. A plan for actionR S Windsor
SB Co, Middlefield House, Dumfries, Scotland, DG1 3SF, United Kingdom
Ann N Y Acad Sci 916:326-32. 2000..If this plan is successful it will release valuable resources to tackle other constraints on livestock and food production. Furthermore, it will act as a model for the eradication of CBPP from the remainder of the continent...
- Characterization of a chromosomal region of Mycoplasma sp. bovine group 7 strain PG50 encoding a glycerol transport locus (gtsABC)Steven P Djordjevic
NSW Agriculture, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Private Mail Bag 8, Camden, NSW, Australia 2570
Microbiology 149:195-204. 2003..The ability of Mycoplasma sp. bovine group 7 to generate significant amounts of hydrogen peroxide may be important in pathogenesis...
- Antigenic and genetic characterisation of lipoprotein lppC from Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCPaola Pilo
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Berne, Laenggassstrasse 122, 3012 Berne, Switzerland
Vet Res 34:761-75. 2003..The recombinant protein was used on immunoblots for serological analysis of sera from cattle that were naturally or experimentally infected with M. mycoides subsp. mycoides SC...
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia and vaccine strain T1/44F Thiaucourt
Vet Rec 151:156. 2002
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia vaccines, historic highlights, present situation and hopesF Thiaucourt
CIRAD EMVT, Santé Animale, Montpellier, France World Reference Laboratory for CBPP for the FAO
Dev Biol (Basel) 114:147-60. 2003..It is also based on a better understanding of the bovine immune response that may be driven to a pathogenic inflammatory response or conversely to a better balanced response leading to protection...
- Identification and characterization of IS1296 in Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC and presence in related mycoplasmasJ Frey
Institute for Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Berne, Switzerland
Gene 160:95-100. 1995..bovine group 7' reference strain PG50. It is, however, not present in other species of the 'mycoides cluster' or other closely related Mycoplasma sp. of ruminants...
- Variability of a glucose phosphotransferase system permease in Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides Small ColonyPatrice Gaurivaud
UMR Mycoplasmoses des Ruminants, AFSSA site de Lyon, 31 av Tony Garnier, FR 69364 Lyon cedex 07, France
Microbiology 150:4009-22. 2004..DNA analysis revealed that ON/OFF switching is governed by a base substitution occurring upstream of the coding region for the 3F3 epitope. This event generates a stop codon that results in the premature termination of the PtsG protein...
- Identification and differentiation of European and African/Australian strains of Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides small-colony type using polymerase chain reaction analysisKatie Miles
Department of Statutory and Exotic Bacterial Diseases, Veterinary Laboratories Agency, Addlestone, Surrey, United Kingdom
J Vet Diagn Invest 18:168-71. 2006..The PCR products did not require differentiation by use of a restriction endonuclease, and have potential for use in detection of this organism in clinical samples...
- Genomic differences between type strain PG1 and field strains of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small-colony typeDaniela F Bischof
Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, University of Bern, Langgass strasse 122, Postfach, CH 3001 Bern, Switzerland
Genomics 88:633-41. 2006..The flanking IS elements are assumed to lead to these tandem duplications, thus contributing to genomic plasticity. This aspect must be considered when designing novel diagnostic approaches and recombinant vaccines...
- Molecular epidemiology of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia by multilocus sequence analysis of Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides biotype SC strainsS Lorenzon
Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement, Département d élevage et de Médecine Vétérinaire des pays Tropicaux CIRAD EMVT, Santé Animale, FAO World Reference Laboratory for CBPP, Montpellier, France
Vet Microbiol 93:319-33. 2003..This new tool for contagious bovine pleuropneumonia may prove particularly useful for identifying MmmSC strains in countries at risk from contamination. It can also easily be refined by adding more strains or other loci of interest...
- Identification of genes coding for B cell antigens of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides Small Colony (MmmSC) by using phage displayDubravka R Miltiadou
Immunology Section, Onderstepoort Veterinary Institute, Private Bag X5, Onderstepoort, Republic of South Africa
BMC Microbiol 9:215. 2009..Since the production of IgG2 and IgA are associated with a Th1 cellular immune response which is implicated in protection against CBPP, antigens which elicit these immunoglobulin subclasses may be useful in developing a subunit vaccine...
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia and vaccine strain T1/44Otto Hubschle
Vet Rec 150:615. 2002
- Pulmonary and serum antibody responses elicited in zebu cattle experimentally infected with Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SC by contact exposureMamadou Niang
Laboratoire Central Vétérinaire, Km 8, route de Koulikoro, BP 2295, Bamako, Mali
Vet Res 37:733-44. 2006..Our results thus demonstrated that IgA is produced locally in MmmSC experimentally infected cattle by contact and may play a role in protection against contagious bovine pleuropneumonia...
- Humoral immune responses following experimental infection of goats with Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniaeJohn B March
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Peniciuk EH26 0PZ, Scotland, UK
Vet Microbiol 84:29-45. 2002..Of the diagnostic tests used, only the CPS antibody detection latex agglutination test and IgG immunoblotting gave positive diagnoses throughout the entire period post-infection (days 14-53 p.i.)...
- A serological investigation into contagious caprine pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in EthiopiaA D Sharew
Ministry of Agriculture, National Veterinary Institute, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 37:11-9. 2005..The specificity of the tests is discussed. The use of the B-ELISA test for the diagnosis and for epidemiological studies of CCPP is strongly recommended...
- Characterisation of protein and antigen variability among Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides (LC) and Mycoplasma agalactiae field strains by SDS-PAGE and immunoblottingC de la Fe
Unit of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, Veterinary Faculty, University of Las Palmas, Trasmontaña s n 35416 Arucas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Vet J 171:532-8. 2006..agalactiae type strain. Whereas M. agalactiae is known to possess a gene family regulating surface antigen diversity, there is a need to study the mechanisms used byMmm LC to generate antigenic variability in more detail...
- Phage library screening for the rapid identification and in vivo testing of candidate genes for a DNA vaccine against Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colony biotypeJohn B March
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian EH26 0PZ, Scotland
Infect Immun 74:167-74. 2006..Bacteriophage-mediated immunoscreening using an appropriate vector system offers a rapid and simple technique for the identification and immediate testing of putative candidate vaccines from a variety of pathogens...
- Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri associated with goat respiratory disease and high flock mortalityLaura Hernandez
Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones Forestales, Agricolas y Pecuarias, Centro Nacional de Investigación Disciplinaria, Mexico DF
Can Vet J 47:366-9. 2006..By using a battery of polymerase chain reaction assays, the mycoplasma associated with this outbreak was identified as Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri...
- A PCR for the detection of mycoplasmas belonging to the Mycoplasma mycoides cluster: application to the diagnosis of contagious agalactiaS Woubit
CIRAD UPR 15 Contrôle des maladies animales exotiques et émergentes, TA A 15 G Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Cell Probes 21:391-9. 2007..Our results demonstrate the universality of this PCR in spite of the great heterogeneity found within this cluster. This new tool may be of great help for the implementation of control measures directed towards contagious agalactia...
- Effect of HEPES buffer systems upon the pH, growth and survival of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colony (MmmSC) vaccine culturesE R Waite
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, EH26 0PZ, Penicuik, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 201:291-4. 2001....
- Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides biotype large colony isolates from healthy and diseased goats: prevalence and typingF Tardy
UMR AFSSA ENVL Mycoplasmoses des Ruminants, Agence Francaise de Securite Sanitaire des Aliments, Site de Lyon, 31 avenue Tony Garnier, 69364 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Vet Microbiol 121:268-77. 2007..Whether this reflects differences in virulence between different field strains of MmmLC remains to be demonstrated...
- A specific PCR for the identification of Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniae, the causative agent of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia (CCPP)S Woubit
CIRAD EMVT Sante Animale, Animal Health Program, TA30 G Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Vet Microbiol 104:125-32. 2004..capricolum subsp. capripneumoniae strains and 27 heterologous strains belonging to the "M. mycoides cluster" and M. putrefaciens. This new PCR will be a valuable tool for the surveillance of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia...
- Within-herd spread of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia in Ethiopian highlandsMatthieu Lesnoff
Centre de Cooperation Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Developpement, Campus International de Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier 5, France
Prev Vet Med 64:27-40. 2004..This might be related to a lack of power in the statistical analyses or to a quality problem for the medications used (and more generally, for health-care delivery in the Boji district)...
- Pleuropneumonia and pericarditis in a goat with isolation of Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides large colonyM M Williamson
Gribbles Veterinary Pathology, Clayton VIC 3168, Australia
Aust Vet J 85:153-5. 2007
- Contagious caprine pleuropneumonia and Mannheimia haemolytica-associated acute respiratory disease of goats and sheep in Afar Region, EthiopiaG Shiferaw
Department of Microbiology, Kombolcha Regional Veterinary Laboratory, Kombolcha, Ethiopia
Rev Sci Tech 25:1153-63. 2006..Morbidity was not associated with the species of animals affected (P > 0.05); however, mortality was significantly higher in goats than sheep (P < 0.05)...
- A study on contagious caprine pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in goats at an export oriented abattoir, Debrezeit, EthiopiaL Eshetu
Faculty of Veterinary Sciences, Mekelle University, P O Box 3110, Mekelle, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 39:427-32. 2007..05). Gross pathology and histopathology of the lung primary lesions were indicative of pleuropneumonia caused by Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniae...
- Expression and immunogenicity of six putative variable surface proteins in Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCCarl Hamsten
Department of Proteomics, School of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, AlbaNova University Center, Stockholm, Sweden
Microbiology 154:539-49. 2008..Vmm and one of the putative Vmm-type proteins showed variable expression in vitro...
- Experimental field trial with an immunostimulating complex (ISCOM) vaccine against contagious bovine pleuropneumoniaO J B Hübschle
Central Veterinary Laboratory, Windhoek, Namibia
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 50:298-303. 2003..However, gross pathological and histopathological score for vaccinated animals was as high as for the non-vaccinated, characterized by a high inflammatory reaction with histopathology dominated by interlobular pneumonia with vasculitis...
- malT knockout mutation invokes a stringent type gene-expression profile in Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in bronchoalveolar fluidAbdul G Lone
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
BMC Microbiol 9:195. 2009Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae causes contagious pleuropneumonia, an economically important disease of commercially reared pigs throughout the world. To cause this disease, A...
- Cloning and expression of genes encoding transferrin-binding protein A and B from Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae serotype 5Tae Jung Kim
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Protein Expr Purif 45:235-40. 2006Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is an important primary pathogen in pigs, which causes a highly contagious pleuropneumonia. As an adaptation to the iron-restricted environment of the host, A...
- Modulation of gene expression in Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae exposed to bronchoalveolar fluidAbdul G Lone
Department of Pathobiology, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e6139. 2009Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, the causative agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia, is an important pathogen of swine throughout the world. It must rapidly overcome the innate pulmonary immune defenses of the pig to cause disease...
- In vivo induced RTX toxin ApxIVA is essential for the full virulence of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniaeJinlin Liu
Division of Animal Infectious Disease, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, Hubei 430070, China
Vet Microbiol 137:282-9. 2009Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is a Gram-negative pathogen. It is the aetiological agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia (PCP), a severe and highly contagious and severe respiratory disease of swine...
- Immunoproteomic analysis of outer membrane proteins and extracellular proteins of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae JL03 serotype 3Yonghong Liao
College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Hubei, PR China
BMC Microbiol 9:172. 2009Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is the causative agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia, a highly contagious respiratory infection in pigs, and all the 15 serotypes are able to cause disease...
- Clinical, humoral and IFNgamma responses of cattle to infection with Mycoplasma mycoides var. mycoides small colony and attempts to condition the pathogenesis of the infectionM Scacchia
Istituto Zooprofilattico Speerimntale dell Abruzzo e del Molise G Caporale, Via Campo Boario, Teramo, Italy
Onderstepoort J Vet Res 74:251-63. 2007....
- Protein-specific analysis of humoral immune responses in a clinical trial for vaccines against contagious bovine pleuropneumoniaCarl Hamsten
Department of Proteomics, School of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, AlbaNova University Center, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Clin Vaccine Immunol 17:853-61. 2010..These five proteins may be important candidates in the development of a novel subunit vaccine against CBPP...
- Mycoplasma leachii sp. nov. as a new species designation for Mycoplasma sp. bovine group 7 of Leach, and reclassification of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides LC as a serovar of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capriL Manso-Silvan
CIRAD, UMR 15 Control of Exotic and Emerging Animal Diseases, TA A 15 G, Campus International Baillarguet, 34398 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 59:1353-8. 2009..As a result of these emendments, the M. mycoides cluster will hereafter be composed of five taxa comprising three subclusters, which correspond to the M. mycoides subspecies, the M. capricolum subspecies and the novel species M. leachii...
- Enhanced biofilm formation and reduced virulence of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae luxS mutantLu Li
Division of Animal Infectious Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Microb Pathog 45:192-200. 2008Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is the pathogen of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia causing great economic losses globally...
- Control of CBPP--a role for antibiotics?Otto Hubschle
Vet Rec 159:464. 2006
- The origins, spread and disappearance of contagious bovine pleuro-pneumonia in New ZealandJ Fisher
School of Policy, University of Newcastle, NSW 2308, Australia
Aust Vet J 84:439-44. 2006
- Participatory investigation of Contagious Caprine Pleuropneumonia (CCPP) in goats in the Hammer and Benna-Tsemay districts of southern EthiopiaS Mekuria
Hawassa University, P O Box 5, Awassa, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 40:571-82. 2008....
- Genome biology of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae JL03, an isolate of serotype 3 prevalent in ChinaZhuofei Xu
Division of Animal Infectious Disease, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China
PLoS ONE 3:e1450. 2008Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is the etiologic agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia, a cause of considerable world wide economic losses in the swine industry. We sequenced the complete genome of A...
- Effect of danofloxacin (Advocin A180) on goats affected with contagious caprine pleuropneumoniaU Ozdemir
Veterinary Control and Research Institute, Pendik, Istanbul, Turkey
Trop Anim Health Prod 38:533-40. 2006..Danofloxacin-treated goats showed fewer lung lesions and had significantly lower combined clinical scores than saline controls (p < 0.001). Danofloxacin was found to be highly effective in the treatment of CCPP in goats...
- [Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia--a nearly forgotten disease?]M Heller
Friedrich Loeffler Institut Jena, Institut für bakterielle Infektionen und Zoonosen
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 114:43-9. 2007..In the present paper, we describe clinical manifestations and review state-of-the-art research, as well as currently used detection methods...
- A brief history of vaccines and vaccinationM Lombard
Consultant in Biologicals, 22, rue Crillon, 69006, Lyons, France
Rev Sci Tech 26:29-48. 2007..The history of vaccination against rinderpest, bovine contagious pleuropneumonia, and Marek's disease will also be dealt with.
- Isolation and characterisation of an Indian strain of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides type LC from a case of caprine arthritisVijendra P Singh
National Referral Laboratory on Mycoplasma, Division of Bacteriology and Mycology, Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Izatnagar, UP, India
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 27:273-84. 2004..The antigenic and genomic profile of the isolate was compared with that of the standard strain (Y-Goat). Using different sets of primers, polymerase chain reaction was employed for rapid detection of the strain...
- Infection of two goatherds with Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri in Hungary, evidence of a possible faecal excretionL Szeredi
Central Veterinary Institute, Budapest, Hungary
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 50:172-7. 2003..The finding suggests that Mmc may be transmitted via faeces in goatherds, kept under conventional conditions...
- Detection of Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides SC in bovine lung and lymph node tissues by culture, sandwich ELISA and polymerase chain reaction systemsJohn B Bashiruddin
Res Vet Sci 78:199-205. 2005..These were followed by the broth-enriched sandwich ELISA, which uses a monoclonal antibody specific to the M. mycoides cluster, to capture the antigen...
- Evaluation of the xerovac process for the preparation of heat tolerant contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) vaccineJ K Litamoi
PANVAC, P O Box 1746, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Vaccine 23:2573-9. 2005..It is suggested that the application of the xerovac process in the dehydration of CBPP vaccine offers the advantages of a faster, cheaper and easier process over the conventional dehydration methods like freeze drying...
- Detection of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae by PCR on field strains from healthy and diseased pigsCatia Silene Klein
Centro de Biotecnologia, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Bento Goncalves, 9500, Prédio 43421, CP 15005, CEP 91501 970, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Curr Microbiol 46:443-7. 2003..The PCR method applied is highly sensitive for serotypable A. pleuropneumoniae strains and for nonserotypable strains isolated from acute cases of swine pleuropneumoniae in Brazil...
- Cattle eradication and malnutrition in under five's: a natural experiment in BotswanaE Boonstra
Institute of General Practice and Community Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Public Health Nutr 4:877-82. 2001..This disaster posed a serious threat to those who depended on the livestock sector for sustenance and to the nutrition security of the population, especially the under five's...
- Specific humoral immune response induced by propionibacterium acnes can prevent Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae infection in miceFeng Yang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Jinlin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
Clin Vaccine Immunol 21:407-16. 2014Porcine contagious pleuropneumonia, caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, has a major impact on economics, ecology, and animal welfare in the pig-rearing industry...
- Assessing the in vitro effectiveness of antimicrobials against Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small-colony type to reduce contagious bovine pleuropneumonia infectionR D Ayling
Veterinary Laboratories Agency Weybridge, Woodham Lane, Addlestone, Surrey KT15 3NB, United Kingdom
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:5162-5. 2005..Of the antimicrobials used most widely in Africa, oxytetracycline and tilmicosin were effective, while the isolates were resistant to tylosin. These results provide a baseline for monitoring antimicrobial resistance...
- [Construction and characterization of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae serovar 7 live attenuated vaccine strain co-expressing ApxIA]Jinlin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:305-10. 2010Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (A. pleuropneumoniae), the causative agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia (PCP), is a significant pathogen of the world pig industry, vaccination is potentially an effective tool for the prevention ..
- Capsular polysaccharide conjugate vaccines against contagious bovine pleuropneumonia: Immune responses and protection in miceE R Waite
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik, Midlothian, EH26 0PZ, UK
J Comp Pathol 126:171-82. 2002....
- Histone-like protein H-NS regulates biofilm formation and virulence of Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniaeBaolige Dalai
Division of Animal Infectious Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Shizishan Street 1, Wuhan 430070, China
Microb Pathog 46:128-34. 2009Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is the causative agent of porcine contagious pleuropneumonia, a very important swine respiratory infectious disease causing great economic losses worldwide...
- Seroprevalence of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia in Kefta Humera, Alamata (Tigray) and Aba-'ala (Afar), Northern EthiopiaBirhanu Hadush
Mekelle University, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 41:803-6. 2009..619, p = 0.0571) and age (x(2) = 0.990, p = 0.095) groups. The finding of high seroprevalence of CCPP in sheep (18.25%) could indicate that sheep are potential carriers of Mccp...
- A metapopulation model for the spread and persistence of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP) in African sedentary mixed crop-livestock systemsPauline Ezanno
INRA, UMR1300 Bio agression, Epidémiologie et Analyse de Risques, BP 40706, F 44307 Nantes, France
J Theor Biol 256:493-503. 2009..It becomes highly probable when assuming high pathogen virulence and high recruitment rate...
- Ultrastructural changes in caprine lungs infected with Mycoplasma capricolum subspecies capripneumoniaE H Johnson
Department of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, College of Agriculture, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman
J Vet Med B Infect Dis Vet Public Health 49:206-8. 2002..Typically, these type II cells contained abundant numbers of osmiophilic lamellar bodies that had lost most of their characteristic lamellar ultrastructure. These findings were absent in healthy control goats...
- Genome-wide evidence for positive selection and recombination in Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniaeZhuofei Xu
Division of Animal Infectious Disease, State Key Laboratory of Agricultural Microbiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
BMC Evol Biol 11:203. 2011Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae is an economically important animal pathogen that causes contagious pleuropneumonia in pigs...
- Pathological, immunohistochemical and bacteriological findings in kidneys of cattle with contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP)V Grieco
, Istituto di Anatomia Patologica e Patologia Aviare, Via Celoria 10, 20133 Milano, Italy
J Comp Pathol 124:95-101. 2001..Moreover, the immunohistochemical results indicated that M. m. mycoides SC antigen was frequently detectable in different renal structures and cells in spontaneous cases of CBPP...
- Evaluation of multicomponent recombinant vaccines against Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae in miceMeili Shao
Division of Bacterial Diseases, National Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Harbin, China
Acta Vet Scand 52:52. 2010Porcine contagious pleuropneumonia (PCP) is a highly contagious disease that is caused by Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae (APP) and characterized by severe fibrinous necrotizing hemorrhagic pleuropneumonia, which is a severe threat to the ..
- Detection of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia in East TurkeyB Cetinkaya
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Firat University, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Rev Sci Tech 28:1037-44. 2009..It may also indicate that Mccp presents a risk for wildlife in the region. Such results, the authors believe, demonstrate that adequate risk assessments should be undertaken in Turkey and neighbouring countries...
- ISCOM vaccine against contagious bovine pleuropneumonia (CBPP). 1. Biochemical and immunological characterizationI Abusugra
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Microbiology, Uppsala, Sweden
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 59:31-48. 1997..Also a cell-mediated immune response measured by proliferation assay was induced by low dose of ISCOMS. In the growth inhibition test, sera from vaccinated cattle readily inhibited colony growth already after the first immunization...
- Participatory appraisal of foot and mouth disease in the Afar pastoral area, northeast Ethiopia: implications for understanding disease ecology and control strategyT J Shiferaw
National Veterinary Institute, P O Box 19, Debre Zeit, Ethiopia
Trop Anim Health Prod 42:193-201. 2010..This study indicated that pastoralists have detailed knowledge about their livestock health problems, and hence the combined use of participatory appraisal and conventional methods is essential for an ultimate disease control strategy...
- Rapid detection of contagious caprine pleuropneumonia using a Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniae capsular polysaccharide-specific antigen detection latex agglutination testJ B March
Department of Bacteriology, Moredun Research Institute, Penicuik EH26 0PZ, Scotland
J Clin Microbiol 38:4152-9. 2000....
- Recombinant surface proteomics as a tool to analyze humoral immune responses in bovines infected by Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colony typeCarl Hamsten
Department of Proteomics, School of Biotechnology, Royal Institute of Technology KTH, AlbaNova University Center, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:2544-54. 2009..In conclusion, a toolbox with recombinant proteins and a flexible suspension array assay that allows multiplex analysis of humoral immune responses to M. mycoides SC has been created...
- Comparison of four diagnostic tests for the identification of serum antibodies in small ruminants infected with Mycoplasma agalactiaeR Kittelberger
Investigation and Diagnostic Centre Wallaceville, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, PO Box 40742, Upper Hutt, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 54:10-5. 2006....
- Comparison between c-ELISA and CFT in detecting antibodies to Mycoplasma mycoides mycoides biotype SC in cattle affected by CBPP in BotswanaW Amanfu
National Veterinary Laboratory, P Bag 0035, Gaborone, Botswana
Ann N Y Acad Sci 916:364-9. 2000..The CFT was found to be slightly more sensitive than the c-ELISA, and this could be related to the stage of the disease. A long-term study comparing the progression of the disease with the two tests is, therefore, essential...
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia and vaccine strain T1/44John B March
Vet Rec 150:699. 2002
- Experimental contagious caprine pleuropneumonia: a long term study on the course of infection and pathology in a flock of goats infected with Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capripneumoniaeH O Wesonga
National Veterinary Research Centre, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, Kikuyu, Kenya
Acta Vet Scand 45:167-79. 2004..capripneumoniae-associated lung lesions may be present at a late stage of infection, and chronic infection may occur without a significant serological response...
- In vitro susceptibilities of field isolates of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides large colony type to 15 antimicrobialsN T Antunes
Unidad de Epidemiologia y Medicina Preventiva, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Trasmontana s n, 35416 Arucas, Las Palmas, Spain
Vet Microbiol 119:72-5. 2007..The most effective antimicrobials were fluoroquinolones, tetracyclines and macrolides, with MIC values under 2 microg/ml. Resistance to nalidixic acid, gentamicin, streptomycin and spectinomycin was observed...
- Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri and Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides LC can be grouped into a single subspeciesEdy M Vilei
Institute of Veterinary Bacteriology, Universitat Bern, Langgass strasse 122, Postfach, 3001 Bern, Switzerland
Vet Res 37:779-90. 2006..mycoides subsp. capri and M. mycoides subsp. mycoides LC cannot be distinguished from each other. "Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri" is proposed as a common name for both subspecies...
- To kill or not to kill: the eradication of contagious bovine pleuro-pneumonia in western EuropeJohn Fisher
School of Policy, Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle, Callaghan, New South Wales 2308, Australia
Med Hist 47:314-31. 2003
- Design and analysis of an Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae transmission experimentA G J Velthuis
Quantitative Veterinary Epidemiology Group, Institute for Animal Science and Health, Wageningen University and University Utrecht, PO Box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 60:53-68. 2003..Although it could not be demonstrated that vaccination has an effect on the susceptibility of pigs, it was demonstrated that nasal excretion of A. pleuropneumoniae is related to the infectivity of pigs...
- Modelling and determination of the transmission contact rate for contagious bovine pleuropneumoniaT Balenghien
Unité de Biomathématiques et Epidémiologie, INRA Ecole Nationale Vétérinaire de Lyon, 1 avenue Bourgelat, B P 83, 69280 Marcy l Etoile, France
Epidemiol Infect 133:337-42. 2005..084/N, 0.45 and 0.14/N per animal per day, where N is the herd population size, and the basic reproductive number corresponding to this trial (N=28) is R0=27...
- A model of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia transmission dynamics in East AfricaJ C Mariner
RDP Livestock Services, P O Box 523, 3700 AM Zeist, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 73:55-74. 2006..Vaccination alone with currently available vaccines was unlikely to eradicate the disease...
- Abattoir-based survey of contagious bovine pleuropneumonia in cattle in TurkeyB Cetinkaya
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Firat, 23119 Elazig, Turkey
Vet Rec 152:254-8. 2003....
- Genetic and antigenic characterisation of elongation factor Tu from Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides SCJose M Martin Alonso
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto Universitario de Biotecnologia de Asturias, Universidad de Oviedo, 33006 Oviedo, Spain
Vet Microbiol 89:277-89. 2002..The full recombinant EF-Tu was produced in E. coli, after correction of an unusual tryptophan codon by site-directed mutagenesis, and used to investigate anti-EF-Tu circulating antibodies in bovine sera...
- A heterogeneous population model for contagious bovine pleuropneumonia transmission and control in pastoral communities of East AfricaJ C Mariner
RDP Livestock Services, PO Box 523, 3700 AM Zeist, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 73:75-91. 2006..The most promising intervention scenario was a programme which combined the vaccination of healthy animals with treatment of clinical cases...
- Identification and characterization of variable-number tandem-repeat markers for the molecular epidemiological analysis of Mycoplasma mycoides subspecies mycoides SCLaura McAuliffe
Department of Statutory and Exotic Bacterial Diseases, Veterinary Laboratories Agency, Surrey, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 276:181-8. 2007..Testing of three VNTRs against 39 strains of diverse geographical origin gave 12 different VNTR profiles groups. VNTR analysis may represent a new rapid tool for subtyping M.m.m. SC isolates...
- Ulcerative balanitis and vulvitis of Dorper sheep in South Africa: a study on its aetiology and clinical featuresA Kidanemariam
National Animal Health Research Centre, PO Box 04, Sebeta, Ethiopia
J S Afr Vet Assoc 76:197-203. 2005..In uncomplicated cases inflammation of the prepuce and vaginal vestibule is not a regular feature of the disease. Therefore the names ulcerative balanitis and vulvitis most accurately describe the nature of the disease in South Africa...
- Improved formulations for existing CBPP vaccines--recommendations for changeJohn B March
Moredun Research Institute, Pentlands Science Park, Bush Loan, Penicuik EH26 0PZ, UK
Vaccine 22:4358-64. 2004....
- Contagious bovine pleuropneumonia vaccines and control strategies: recent dataF Thiaucourt
CIRAD EMVT, Animal Health Program, Montpellier, France
Dev Biol (Basel) 119:99-111. 2004..Meanwhile, immediate action should be taken to prevent the further spread of CBPP in the Southern part of Africa...
- Characterization of Mycoplasma isolated from an ibex (Capra ibex) suffering from keratoconjunctivitis in northern ItalyMassimo Giangaspero
National Reference Centre for Wild Animal Diseases, Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale del Piemonte, Liguria e Valle d Aosta, Regione Amerique 7 G, 11020 Quart, Aosta, Italy
J Wildl Dis 46:1070-8. 2010..For a correct diagnosis, it is necessary to carry out laboratory investigations, as clinical cases of keratoconjunctivitis in wild ruminants are not always ascribable to Mycoplasma conjunctivae...