Genomes and Genes
Summary: Pathological processes involving the STOMACH.
- Lee S, Park D, Park J, Kim H, Park S, Kim S, et al. Endoscopic mucosal resection of a gastric bronchogenic cyst that was mimicking a solid tumor. Endoscopy. 2006;38 Suppl 2:E12-3 pubmed
- Ohta Y, Kamiya Y, Imai Y, Arisawa T, Nakano H. Role of gastric mucosal ascorbic acid in gastric mucosal lesion development in rats with water immersion restraint stress. Inflammopharmacology. 2005;13:249-59 pubmed..These results suggest that gastric mucosal AA plays an important role in WIRS-induced gastric mucosal lesion development. ..
- Zhao W, Zhu F, Shen W, Fu A, Zheng L, Yan Z, et al. Protective effects of DIDS against ethanol-induced gastric mucosal injury in rats. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai). 2009;41:301-8 pubmed..Our results suggested that DIDS is beneficial in rat model of gastric injury through mechanisms that involve inhibiting inflammatory cell infiltration and lipid peroxidation and up-regulating the COX-2/PGE2 pathway. ..
- Khafipour E, Krause D, Plaizier J. Alfalfa pellet-induced subacute ruminal acidosis in dairy cows increases bacterial endotoxin in the rumen without causing inflammation. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:1712-24 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that SARA induced by alfalfa pellets increased LPS in the rumen without causing translocation of LPS and an immune response...
- Khafipour E, Krause D, Plaizier J. A grain-based subacute ruminal acidosis challenge causes translocation of lipopolysaccharide and triggers inflammation. J Dairy Sci. 2009;92:1060-70 pubmed publisher..Results suggest that the grain-based SARA challenge resulted in translocation of LPS into the peripheral circulation, and that this translocation triggered a systemic inflammatory response...
- Fiorucci S, Antonelli E, Distrutti E, Rizzo G, Mencarelli A, Orlandi S, et al. Inhibition of hydrogen sulfide generation contributes to gastric injury caused by anti-inflammatory nonsteroidal drugs. Gastroenterology. 2005;129:1210-24 pubmed..Exposure to NSAIDs inhibits Sp1 and ERK phosphorylation. These data establish a physiologic role for H(2)S in regulating the gastric microcirculation and identify CSE as a novel target for ASA/NSAIDs. ..
- Aikawa M, Ishii T, Nonaka K, Nakao M, Ishikawa K, Arai S, et al. [A case of gastric xanthogranuloma associated with early gastric cancer]. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2009;106:1610-5 pubmed..The posterior wall of the stomach was thickened and had a yellowish tumor which was diagnosed as xanthogranuloma. We report this very rare case of synchronous xanthogranuloma and gastric carcinoma. ..
- Steele M, AlZahal O, Hook S, Croom J, McBride B. Ruminal acidosis and the rapid onset of ruminal parakeratosis in a mature dairy cow: a case report. Acta Vet Scand. 2009;51:39 pubmed publisher..This case report represents a rare documentation of how the rumen epithelium alters its function and structure during the initial stage of acute acidosis. ..
- Gomes A, Lima L, Santos C, Cunha F, Ribeiro R, Souza M. LPS from Escherichia coli protects against indomethacin-induced gastropathy in rats--role of ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;547:136-42 pubmed..Glibenclamide plus diazoxide administration did not change this LPS effect. Thus LPS has a protective effect against indomethacin-induced gastropathy, probably through activation of K(ATP) channels. ..
- Flahou B, de Baere T, Chiers K, Pasmans F, Haesebrouck F, Ducatelle R. Gastric Infection with Kazachstania heterogenica influences the outcome of a Helicobacter suis infection in Mongolian gerbils. Helicobacter. 2010;15:67-75 pubmed publisher..After identification, we have investigated the effect of the gastric yeast infection on the outcome of an experimental H. suis infection in Mongolian gerbils...
- Lim Y, Lee J, Ku Y, Hahm K. Rescue strategies against non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced gastroduodenal damage. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;24:1169-78 pubmed publisher..The emergence of newer kinds of NSAIDs should alleviate gastroduodenal toxicity without compromising innate drug efficacy. In this review, novel strategies for avoiding NSAID-associated gastroduodenal damage will be described. ..
- Enemark J. The monitoring, prevention and treatment of sub-acute ruminal acidosis (SARA): a review. Vet J. 2008;176:32-43 pubmed publisher..Some degree of SARA may however be inevitable and presents a challenge to the dairy industry as consumers become increasingly concerned about the welfare of production animals. ..
- Wang B, Hunter W, Bin Sagheer S, Bewtra C. Rare potential pitfall in endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in gastric duplication cyst: a case report. Acta Cytol. 2009;53:219-22 pubmed..The abundant mutinous material with scattered mucophages can create a diagnostic challenge and pitfall. Clinical information with endoscopic findings and knowledge of FDC are important for appropriate diagnosis of mucinous lesions. ..
- Ripoll C, Garcia Tsao G. Management of gastropathy and gastric vascular ectasia in portal hypertension. Clin Liver Dis. 2010;14:281-95 pubmed publisher..More invasive options can be used if first-line therapies fail, although these should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. ..
- Kim M, Choi H, Baik S, Yea C, Won C, Byun J, et al. Portal hypertensive gastropathy: correlation with portal hypertension and prognosis in cirrhosis. Dig Dis Sci. 2010;55:3561-7 pubmed publisher..6 ± 9.6 months in severe PHG; log-rank test, P = 0.030). PHG was associated with portal hypertension severity and prognosis in patients with cirrhosis. ..
- Perini R, Camara P, Ferraz J. Pathogenesis of portal hypertensive gastropathy: translating basic research into clinical practice. Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2009;6:150-8 pubmed publisher..Careful and critical interpretation of human and experimental data can be helpful to establish a rationale for the medical management of this important condition. ..
- Thornton C, Rozen W, So D, Kaplan E, Wilkinson S. Reducing band slippage in laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding: the mesh plication pars flaccida technique. Obes Surg. 2009;19:1702-6 pubmed publisher..4%. We report a technique not previously described, the modified PFT with the use of mesh, and compare slippage rates between these three techniques for band placement...
- Bansal A, Ulusarac O, Mathur S, Sharma P. Correlation between narrow band imaging and nonneoplastic gastric pathology: a pilot feasibility trial. Gastrointest Endosc. 2008;67:210-6 pubmed publisher..This is the first U.S. study of NBI for gastric lesions. NBI may help predict in vivo histologic diagnosis of gastric pathologic conditions with a good degree of accuracy. Future larger studies are needed. ..
- Mömke S, Scholz H, Doll K, Rehage J, Distl O. Mapping quantitative trait Loci for left-sided displacement of the abomasum in German Holstein dairy cows. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:4383-92 pubmed publisher..These QTL were located on BTA5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 23, and 26. This study is the first report on QTL for LDA and is a first step toward identifying single nucleotide polymorphisms for LDA-QTL...
- Lai H, Chen J, Chen C, Chen Y, Ho Y, Yang M, et al. Xanthogranulomatous pseudotumor of stomach induced by perforated peptic ulcer mimicking a stromal tumor. Eur Radiol. 2006;16:2371-2 pubmed..Here we present a case of gastric pseudotumor induced by perforation of a peptic ulcer. The imaging features in a barium sulfate study and computed tomography mimic an intramural tumor of the stomach. ..
- Dohme F, Devries T, Beauchemin K. Repeated ruminal acidosis challenges in lactating dairy cows at high and low risk for developing acidosis: ruminal pH. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:3554-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a bout of acidosis that occurs due to improper feed delivery or poor diet formulation can have long-term consequences on cow health and productivity. ..
- Sato M, Irisawa A, Bhutani M, Schnadig V, Takagi T, Shibukawa G, et al. Gastric bronchogenic cyst diagnosed by endosonographically guided fine needle aspiration biopsy. J Clin Ultrasound. 2008;36:237-9 pubmed..Based on imaging and EUS-FNA findings, a diagnosis of gastric bronchogenic cyst was made and surgical resection was avoided...
- Medeiros J, Bezerra V, Gomes A, Barbosa A, Lima Júnior R, Soares P, et al. Hydrogen sulfide prevents ethanol-induced gastric damage in mice: role of ATP-sensitive potassium channels and capsaicin-sensitive primary afferent neurons. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;330:764-70 pubmed publisher..Although there are many mechanisms through which this effect can occur, our data support the hypothesis that the activation of K(ATP) channels and afferent neurons/TRPV1 receptors is of primary importance. ..
- Christodoulidis G, Zacharoulis D, Barbanis S, Katsogridakis E, Hatzitheofilou K. Heterotopic pancreas in the stomach: a case report and literature review. World J Gastroenterol. 2007;13:6098-100 pubmed..Frozen sections may help in deciding the extent of resection intraoperatively. Although ectopic pancreas is rare, it should be considered in the differential diagnosis of a submucosal gastric tumour...
- Asrani A, Novelline R, Abujudeh H, Lawrason J, Kaewlai R. Intramural gastric abscess--preoperative diagnosis with CT. Emerg Radiol. 2007;14:253-6 pubmed..The authors describe a case of intramural gastric abscess in which the diagnosis was made preoperatively using axial, coronal, and sagittal reformations obtained with multidetector CT. ..
- O Grady L, Doherty M, Mulligan F. Subacute ruminal acidosis (SARA) in grazing Irish dairy cows. Vet J. 2008;176:44-9 pubmed publisher..8). The study showed that low rumen pH is prevalent in grazing Irish dairy cattle consuming perennial rye grass-based pasture and raises concerns regarding effective pasture utilisation and possible consequences for animal health. ..
- Plaizier J, Krause D, Gozho G, McBride B. Subacute ruminal acidosis in dairy cows: the physiological causes, incidence and consequences. Vet J. 2008;176:21-31 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the inflammatory response might not be solely due to bacterial endotoxin in the rumen. ..
- Brzozowski T, Konturek P, Drozdowicz D, Konturek S, Zayachivska O, Pajdo R, et al. Grapefruit-seed extract attenuates ethanol-and stress-induced gastric lesions via activation of prostaglandin, nitric oxide and sensory nerve pathways. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:6450-8 pubmed
- Umeda I, Hayashi T, Ishiwatari H, Yoshida M, Miyanishi K, Sato Y, et al. A case of severe acute pancreatitis and ischemic gastropathy caused by acute aortic dissection. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2011;108:103-10 pubmed..A fistula between the area of infected pancreatic necrosis and the stomach had formed spontaneously and the necrotic tissue was draining into the stomach. His recovery was uneventful. ..
- Sato M, Chiba T, Kudara N, Takikawa Y, Suzuki K. Gastric motility and emptying in cirrhotic patients with portal hypersensitive gastropathy. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:1464-8 pubmed publisher..The half time of GE with both mild and severe PHG was significantly increased compared to controls. Postprandial EGG and GE in LC patients would be affected by PHG. ..
- Wang X, Chen Y, Du Q. Successful treatment of thalidomide for recurrent bleeding due to gastric angiodysplasia in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2013;17:1114-6 pubmed..In this report, we presented a Chinese patient with recurrent melena due to gastric angiodysplasia in HHT treated successfully with thalidomide. ..
- Suroowan S, Javeed F, Ahmad M, Zafar M, Noor M, Kayani S, et al. Ethnoveterinary health management practices using medicinal plants in South Asia - a review. Vet Res Commun. 2017;41:147-168 pubmed publisher..It is anticipated that the present review will stimulate further ethnoveterinary research among livestock disease management practices in South Asia. ..
- Wallace J. NSAID gastropathy and enteropathy: distinct pathogenesis likely necessitates distinct prevention strategies. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;165:67-74 pubmed publisher..The distinct mechanisms of NSAID-induced injury in the stomach/proximal duodenum versus the more distal small intestine likely dictate distinct strategies for prevention. ..
- Spychała A, Nowaczyk P, Budnicka A, Antoniewicz E, Murawa D. Intramural gastric hematoma imitating a gastrointestinal stromal tumor - case report and literature review. Pol Przegl Chir. 2017;89:62-65 pubmed publisher..No complications were observed in the post-operative course. Patient is subject to continued follow-up and observation. Follow-up gastroscopy and abdominal CT scan performed 6 months after the surgery revealed an unremarkable image. ..
- Winston J, Sarna S. Developmental origins of functional dyspepsia-like gastric hypersensitivity in rats. Gastroenterology. 2013;144:570-579.e3 pubmed publisher..Inflammatory insult to the colons of rat pups leads to GHS in adult life. GHS is caused by altered expression of genes encoding neurotrophins and ion channels, and altered activity of the sympathetic nervous system. ..
- Wei R, Wang Q, Chen Q, Liu J, Zhang B. Upper gastrointestinal tract heterotopic pancreas: findings from CT and endoscopic imaging with histopathologic correlation. Clin Imaging. 2011;35:353-9 pubmed publisher..ES imaging showed an endoluminal, ill-defined, submucosal mass, typically with central umbilication. ..
- Lam M, Tha S, Owen D, Haque M, Chatur N, Gray J, et al. Gastric polyps in patients with portal hypertension. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;23:1245-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the natural history and endoscopic features of gastric polyps arising in portal hypertensive patients warrants further exploration. ..
- Gibson J, Odze R. Pathology of diseases that cause upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 2011;21:583-96 pubmed publisher..The aim of this article is to examine the pathologic features of various diseases associated with upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding. ..
- Yun J, Lee S, Kim D, Choi S, Kim S, Park J, et al. Gastric inverted hyperplastic polyp: A rare cause of iron deficiency anemia. World J Gastroenterol. 2016;22:4066-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we report one case involving gastric IHP accompanied by chronic iron deficiency anemia that was successfully managed using endoscopic submucosal dissection. ..
- Wen J, Wang Y, Gao C, Zhang G, You Q, Zhang W, et al. Helicobacter pylori infection promotes Aquaporin 3 expression via the ROS-HIF-1?-AQP3-ROS loop in stomach mucosa: a potential novel mechanism for cancer pathogenesis. Oncogene. 2018;37:3549-3561 pubmed publisher..pylori infection and AQP3 upregulation in the pathogenesis of gastric carcinoma, which involves the activation of the ROS-HIF-1? axis and the exacerbated ROS-HIF-1?-AQP3-ROS loop. ..
- Pachl M, Patel K, Bowen C, Parikh D. Retroperitoneal gastric duplication cyst: a case report and literature review. Pediatr Surg Int. 2012;28:103-5 pubmed publisher..Surgery was carried out during infancy and a retroperitoneal cyst was excised that contained heterotrophic gastric mucosa. ..
- Zagari R, Romano M, Ojetti V, Stockbrugger R, Gullini S, Annibale B, et al. Guidelines for the management of Helicobacter pylori infection in Italy: The III Working Group Consensus Report 2015. Dig Liver Dis. 2015;47:903-12 pubmed publisher..Recommendations are based on the best current evidence to help physicians manage HP infection in Italy. The guidelines have been endorsed by the Italian Society of Gastroenterology and the Italian Society of Digestive Endoscopy. ..
- Moore H, Nixon C, Tariq A, Emery J, Hamilton W, Hoare Z, et al. Evaluating a computer aid for assessing stomach symptoms (ECASS): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials. 2016;17:184 pubmed publisher..Preliminary data on the impact of the support tool on resource utilisation and health care costs will also be collected. ISRCTN Registry, ISRCTN12595588 . ..
- Alfizah H, Ramelah M. Variant of Helicobacter pylori CagA proteins induce different magnitude of morphological changes in gastric epithelial cells. Malays J Pathol. 2012;34:29-34 pubmed..Depending on the relative exposure of cells to CagA genotypes, this may contribute to the various disease outcomes caused by H. pylori infection in different individuals. ..
- Gunaydin M, Rizalar R, Bozkurter A, Tander B, Ariturk E, Bernay F. Gastric serosal tear due to congenital pyloric atresia: a rare anomaly, a rare complication. Afr J Paediatr Surg. 2011;8:232-4 pubmed publisher..We performed serosa repair and then the solid, cord-like atretic pylorus was excised with accompanying gastroduodenostomy. Our patient had an uneventful course and was discharged at the end of the second postoperative week. ..
- Ouelaa W, Ghouzali I, Langlois L, Fetissov S, Dechelotte P, Ducrotte P, et al. Gastric electrical stimulation decreases gastric distension-induced central nociception response through direct action on primary afferents. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e47849 pubmed publisher..GES decreases GD-induced pain and/or discomfort likely through a direct modulation of gastric spinal afferents reducing central processing of visceral nociception. ..
- Watanabe N, Nenohi K, Takeuchi K, Kamei A, Hasegawa H, Yokoi H, et al. [Case of lymphomatoid gastropathy detected during follow-up after chemoradiotherapy for esophageal cancer]. Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi. 2014;111:296-303 pubmed..Although lymphomatoid gastropathy is rare, recognition of this disease is important because misdiagnosis as lymphoma may lead to unnecessary radical therapeutic procedures. ..
- Alcaide N, Herrero C, Barrio J, Atienza R, Herranz M, Pérez Saborido B, et al. [Massive gastrointestinal bleeding due to gastric ulcer in a patient with amyloidosis]. Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2011;34:411-4 pubmed publisher..We report the case of a patient with primary amyloidosis who developed massive gastrointestinal bleeding complicated by an amyloid gastric ulcer. Emergency surgery was required to control the bleeding. ..
- Starke A, Schmidt S, Haudum A, Scholbach T, Wohlsein P, Beyerbach M, et al. Evaluation of portal blood flow using transcutaneous and intraoperative Doppler ultrasonography in dairy cows with fatty liver. J Dairy Sci. 2011;94:2964-71 pubmed publisher..These changes, which are believed to result from parenchymal swelling, were particularly pronounced when hepatic TAG content exceeded 150 mg/g FW. ..